Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Sep 30 19:48:36 2008] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Sep 30 19:49:30 2008] : DM: You've acquired a book owned by Akbar that contains an incantation and there's a 3m circle carved in the stone floor of Akbar's cave.
[Tue Sep 30 19:49:47 2008] : Dan: "If we're leaving, I'd better get a sketch of this magic cirle"
[Tue Sep 30 19:50:19 2008] : Dan: "I'm now wondering if, having upset Asmodeus, we should be heading anywhere"
[Tue Sep 30 19:50:26 2008] : Aliatra: "The better to study it??"
[Tue Sep 30 19:50:39 2008] : Adrin: "Damned if we do, damned if we dont?"
[Tue Sep 30 19:50:46 2008] : Dan: "We were told that he will devour our heads if I recall"
[Tue Sep 30 19:50:55 2008] : Aliatra: "The story of my life"
[Tue Sep 30 19:51:15 2008] : Dan: "Well now we're a nuisance"
[Tue Sep 30 19:51:28 2008] : Dan: "Not a curiosity"
[Tue Sep 30 19:52:01 2008] : Adrin: "Are you saying we should use this staff and see where it takes us?"
[Tue Sep 30 19:52:04 2008] : Dan: "I think that the incantation, the circle and the staff will create a portal to the shadow realm"
[Tue Sep 30 19:52:36 2008] : Dan: "Well, Adrin, do you prefer to run away, or bring the fight to them?"
[Tue Sep 30 19:53:50 2008] : Adrin: "Well I'm always up for a fight, but suicide is another matter"
[Tue Sep 30 19:54:58 2008] : Dan: "But, we've been told that we will be hunted by him"
[Tue Sep 30 19:54:58 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's see what we can find out first, before jumping into another realm"
[Tue Sep 30 19:55:15 2008] : Dan: "Exactly how long will that take Ali?"
[Tue Sep 30 19:55:38 2008] : DM: ooc and where are you thinking of looking for more information?
[Tue Sep 30 19:55:56 2008] : Dan: "We already knwo that the only place we are aware of that has the power to aid us will be at best indifferent to us"
[Tue Sep 30 19:56:06 2008] : Aliatra: "Don't you want to know what happens when we use circle, staff and incantation?"
[Tue Sep 30 19:56:29 2008] : Dan: "And at worst positively hostile for leaving them without adventuring escort in a dangerous place"
[Tue Sep 30 19:56:35 2008] : Aliatra: "What can we find out, here or in the nearest town, to help us?"
[Tue Sep 30 19:57:08 2008] : Adrin: "Probably very little. They dont seem the type to know much about other realms"
[Tue Sep 30 19:57:10 2008] : Dan: "Is that a rhetorical question?"
[Tue Sep 30 19:57:29 2008] : Dan: "Exactly as Adrin says, presumably very little"
[Tue Sep 30 19:57:51 2008] : Aliatra: "Not really. What resources do we have ourselves? What spells could help us to find out more?"
[Tue Sep 30 19:58:31 2008] : Dan: "Analyse dweomer would give us all the information on the staff, but it is beyond anyone here"
[Tue Sep 30 19:58:39 2008] : Adrin: "I'd guess one, and it involves that circle"
[Tue Sep 30 19:58:49 2008] : Dan: "I may get more from the book with further study"
[Tue Sep 30 20:00:03 2008] : Adrin: "May"
[Tue Sep 30 20:00:24 2008] : Dan: "Well, it's worth a try"
[Tue Sep 30 20:00:27 2008] : Aliatra: "I could help there, my spells enable me to read magic spells and to comprehend any language"
[Tue Sep 30 20:00:35 2008] : Dan: "I only had a glance before"
[Tue Sep 30 20:01:18 2008] : Dan: "It's not the language or the magic that is the problem unfortunately"
[Tue Sep 30 20:01:31 2008] : Dan: "It's the rambling nature of the notes"
[Tue Sep 30 20:02:57 2008] : Dan: "Let me sit down and go through the tome more thoroughly and we'll know some more"
[Tue Sep 30 20:03:12 2008] : Adrin: "Ok"
[Tue Sep 30 20:03:16 2008] : Dan: Dan sits and begins to read through
[Tue Sep 30 20:03:29 2008] : Aliatra: "Can I be of assistence?"
[Tue Sep 30 20:03:33 2008] : Dan: ooc Take 20 - skill?
[Tue Sep 30 20:03:50 2008] : Dan: "Yes, please come and look too if you wish"
[Tue Sep 30 20:04:02 2008] : Adrin: "I think I'll just stay out of your way"
[Tue Sep 30 20:04:44 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, shorter incantations... but what were the results?"
[Tue Sep 30 20:05:06 2008] : Dan: Dan keeps trying to understand
[Tue Sep 30 20:05:07 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra studies the tome with Dan
[Tue Sep 30 20:07:13 2008] : DM: There are 5 additional incantations ranging from a few words to three sentences. The description of the results is unclear but the gist is that they were interesting, non-dangerous but ultimately unsuccessful
[Tue Sep 30 20:07:43 2008] : Aliatra: "Looks like somebody was experimenting here"
[Tue Sep 30 20:08:00 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, perhaps by following in the footsteps of Akbar, we can safely learn something?"
[Tue Sep 30 20:08:20 2008] : Aliatra: [1d8] => [3] = (3)
[Tue Sep 30 20:08:24 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Need to level up
[Tue Sep 30 20:08:39 2008] : Dan: "Shall I attempt some of the early incantations?"
[Tue Sep 30 20:09:07 2008] : Adrin: "Go for it"
[Tue Sep 30 20:09:33 2008] : Aliatra: "Just be careful"
[Tue Sep 30 20:10:32 2008] : Dan: Dan sets the staff in the circle and attempts the first ritual
[Tue Sep 30 20:10:45 2008] : DM: ooc describe your experiments, where you're standing are you holding the staff etc. etc.
[Tue Sep 30 20:11:19 2008] : Adrin: "Should we be close up or back off?"
[Tue Sep 30 20:12:49 2008] : Dan: Dan stands in the centre of the circle, holding the staff in two hands and tries the first incantation
[Tue Sep 30 20:13:02 2008] : Dan: "Probably best if you back away a bit"
[Tue Sep 30 20:13:25 2008] : Adrin: Adrin does so
[Tue Sep 30 20:13:47 2008] : Aliatra: "Are you sure you want to stand in there?"
[Tue Sep 30 20:13:55 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra steps back a bit
[Tue Sep 30 20:15:01 2008] : DM: The ground under Dan's feet shimmers with slivery light and he starts to fall through the opened portal....
[Tue Sep 30 20:15:22 2008] : Adrin: Adrin leaps forward and truies to grab Dan
[Tue Sep 30 20:15:34 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra does the same
[Tue Sep 30 20:15:46 2008] : Dan: ooc Umm, I'm experimenting with the 5 easy ones
[Tue Sep 30 20:16:01 2008] : DM: Dex checks, Adrin and Aliatra.
[Tue Sep 30 20:16:29 2008] : Adrin: Dex check: [1d20+3] => [3,3] = (6)
[Tue Sep 30 20:17:07 2008] : Aliatra: Dex check: [1d20+1] => [13,1] = (14)
[Tue Sep 30 20:18:08 2008] : DM: Adrin and Aliatra try to grab Dan as he falls still holding onto the staff, you hear something landing in the cave behind you.
[Tue Sep 30 20:18:44 2008] : DM: Dan you fall a short distance and end up in the adjacent cave. You see Adrin and Aliatra leaning over the portal as it disappears.
[Tue Sep 30 20:19:00 2008] : Aliatra: "Shit!"
[Tue Sep 30 20:19:04 2008] : Dan: "Hey!"
[Tue Sep 30 20:19:10 2008] : Dan: "Over here!"
[Tue Sep 30 20:19:15 2008] : Adrin: "Dan?"
[Tue Sep 30 20:19:24 2008] : Dan: Dan runs over to the others
[Tue Sep 30 20:19:36 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks around, remembering the sound she heard
[Tue Sep 30 20:19:48 2008] : Adrin: "Well at least you didn't go far"
[Tue Sep 30 20:20:00 2008] : Dan: ooc I wonder if I can fire the orange one somewhere? ;)
[Tue Sep 30 20:20:08 2008] : Dan: "Sure"
[Tue Sep 30 20:20:11 2008] : Aliatra: "That was ... not nice"
[Tue Sep 30 20:20:37 2008] : Dan: "Perhaps standing in the circle was not such a great idea as you suggested Ali"
[Tue Sep 30 20:21:07 2008] : Adrin: Adrin gets some rope from his pack
[Tue Sep 30 20:21:20 2008] : Adrin: "How about we gets roped together?"
[Tue Sep 30 20:21:45 2008] : Dan: "OK, but next time I'll stand outside the circle"
[Tue Sep 30 20:21:59 2008] : Dan: ooc have you been playing Portal DM?
[Tue Sep 30 20:22:10 2008] : DM: ooc I've played it, yes.
[Tue Sep 30 20:22:41 2008] : Dan: ooc helped me to have a very vivid understanding of what just happened :-)
[Tue Sep 30 20:22:48 2008] : Aliatra: "Ropes won't help if one of us goes through and the others don't, I guess. It would probably be cut off as the portal closes"
[Tue Sep 30 20:23:11 2008] : Adrin: ooc loved that game
[Tue Sep 30 20:23:21 2008] : DM: ooc ditto
[Tue Sep 30 20:23:27 2008] : Adrin: "Any other ideas then?"
[Tue Sep 30 20:23:49 2008] : Adrin: ooc have a look for the lego animation done to the song at the end :)
[Tue Sep 30 20:24:10 2008] : Aliatra: "I think we either all go or none of us goes. So Dan: don't enter the circle before we're ready to go"
[Tue Sep 30 20:24:37 2008] : Dan: "Let's hope that the spells work when I'm not in the circle"
[Tue Sep 30 20:24:44 2008] : Adrin: "One in, All in"
[Tue Sep 30 20:24:59 2008] : Dan: "OK, let's put something in the centre..."
[Tue Sep 30 20:25:11 2008] : Dan: Dan puts his blanket in the centre
[Tue Sep 30 20:26:03 2008] : Dan: Dan performs the second incantation from outside the circle while touching the ground inside the circle with the staff
[Tue Sep 30 20:27:02 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks on, hand on sword
[Tue Sep 30 20:27:18 2008] : DM: The portal opens and the blanket falls out of sight, the portal then closes.
[Tue Sep 30 20:27:38 2008] : Aliatra: "Did anyone see where that went?"
[Tue Sep 30 20:27:46 2008] : Adrin: "Lets have a look around"
[Tue Sep 30 20:28:24 2008] : Dan: Dan looks for it
[Tue Sep 30 20:28:26 2008] : DM: It's not in the cave.
[Tue Sep 30 20:28:50 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, may have behooved me to cast a light spell on it!"
[Tue Sep 30 20:29:23 2008] : Dan: "A quick search outside of the cave and then I guess we give up"
[Tue Sep 30 20:29:57 2008] : Adrin: "Ok, then we try the next one?"
[Tue Sep 30 20:30:16 2008] : DM: You don't find the blanket after a quirk search outside the cave.
[Tue Sep 30 20:30:29 2008] : Dan: "I guess so"
[Tue Sep 30 20:30:49 2008] : Dan: "OK, it's gone somewhere..."
[Tue Sep 30 20:30:53 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's hope we don't lose all our blankets"
[Tue Sep 30 20:30:59 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra grins
[Tue Sep 30 20:31:07 2008] : Dan: ooc could I see anything when the portal opened?
[Tue Sep 30 20:31:26 2008] : Adrin: Adrin looks around the cave for more things to portal
[Tue Sep 30 20:31:45 2008] : DM: ooc no, just a slivery shimmering surface.
[Tue Sep 30 20:32:04 2008] : DM: ooc there's plenty of rocks and sticks that you could use.
[Tue Sep 30 20:32:38 2008] : Aliatra has sent you a tree node...
[Tue Sep 30 20:32:41 2008] : Dan: "I'm not certain what we learn by carrying on..."
[Tue Sep 30 20:33:15 2008] : Dan: "I suppose I should examine the qualities of the portal if we will not see where the items are going to"
[Tue Sep 30 20:33:34 2008] : Adrin: "They dont stay open for long"
[Tue Sep 30 20:33:39 2008] : Aliatra: "Well, we've learned that those incantations really work, even though they may not be too useful"
[Tue Sep 30 20:34:01 2008] : Dan: Dan progresses to the third incantation, but this time concentrates on the portal once it appears
[Tue Sep 30 20:34:47 2008] : DM: ooc Tsk, real scientists would only change one variable at a time.
[Tue Sep 30 20:35:27 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Sep 30 20:35:47 2008] : Dan: ooc I only had one blanket
[Tue Sep 30 20:35:57 2008] : DM: The portal opens and remains open. Who knows where this one will lead?
[Tue Sep 30 20:36:32 2008] : Dan: Dan keeps concentrating and tries to see through it
[Tue Sep 30 20:36:33 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra strains to see where this portal is leading to
[Tue Sep 30 20:36:45 2008] : DM: You can't see through it.
[Tue Sep 30 20:37:19 2008] : Dan: "Should I reach through and see if there's a blanket there?"
[Tue Sep 30 20:37:46 2008] : Adrin: "And risk losing your arm?"
[Tue Sep 30 20:37:59 2008] : Aliatra: "And risk losing your arm? NO!"
[Tue Sep 30 20:39:04 2008] : Dan: Dan pulls his regular staff from his haversack and pokes it through gingerly
[Tue Sep 30 20:39:59 2008] : DM: The staff pokes through and you feel no resistance, as though the otherside was just air.
[Tue Sep 30 20:40:23 2008] : Dan: "Look, I'm going to go out on a limb here...
[Tue Sep 30 20:40:26 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 20:40
[Tue Sep 30 20:40:31 2008] : DM: The portal remains open while you're poking aorund.
[Tue Sep 30 20:40:50 2008] : Dan: "Hold onto my legs..."
[Tue Sep 30 20:41:06 2008] : Adrin: Adrin grabs Dans legs
[Tue Sep 30 20:41:19 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 20:41
[Tue Sep 30 20:41:32 2008] : Dan: Dan crawls forwards and literally chances his arm
[Tue Sep 30 20:42:22 2008] : DM: Your arm goes through and you feel around but your hand touches nothing. You feel a breeze.
[Tue Sep 30 20:43:50 2008] : Dan: "OK, I'm going to slide forwards and put my head through"
[Tue Sep 30 20:43:57 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 20:43
[Tue Sep 30 20:44:11 2008] : DM: Booting '(3) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Sep 30 20:44:12 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 20:44
[Tue Sep 30 20:44:16 2008] : Aliatra: Booting '(6) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Sep 30 20:44:17 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 20:44
[Tue Sep 30 20:44:27 2008] : Dan: ooc shall we wait for Hannele?
[Tue Sep 30 20:44:30 2008] : Aliatra: Booting '(5) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Sep 30 20:44:31 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 20:44
[Tue Sep 30 20:44:41 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Yeah, let's
[Tue Sep 30 20:44:59 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Grumble, grumble
[Tue Sep 30 20:45:00 2008] : Dan: ooc we don't knwo when you've gone!
[Tue Sep 30 20:45:10 2008] : Dan: ooc we only see you come back in
[Tue Sep 30 20:45:14 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Neither do I ;)
[Tue Sep 30 20:45:25 2008] : Dan: ooc Grumble, grumble back
[Tue Sep 30 20:45:37 2008] : Aliatra: ooc And as soon as I come back in, out I go again
[Tue Sep 30 20:45:38 2008] : Dan: "OK, I'm going to slide forwards and put my head through"
[Tue Sep 30 20:45:50 2008] : Aliatra: "O no, you're not"
[Tue Sep 30 20:46:15 2008] : Dan: ooc my arm has already gone through and come back
[Tue Sep 30 20:46:17 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra gets ready to grab Dan's feet and pull him back
[Tue Sep 30 20:46:29 2008] : Aliatra: ooc And I missed that?!
[Tue Sep 30 20:46:46 2008] : Dan: ooc after I put my quarterstaff through first
[Tue Sep 30 20:47:03 2008] : Aliatra: "How can you be sure the portal will remain open?"
[Tue Sep 30 20:47:54 2008] : Dan: ooc I probably can't hear you
[Tue Sep 30 20:48:11 2008] : Dan: Dan backs up
[Tue Sep 30 20:48:22 2008] : Adrin: "Well?"
[Tue Sep 30 20:48:24 2008] : Aliatra: ooc You only announcedc what you planned to do, you never said you were doing it already
[Tue Sep 30 20:48:29 2008] : Dan: Once safely away Dan stands up again
[Tue Sep 30 20:48:46 2008] : DM: The portal is still open.
[Tue Sep 30 20:48:59 2008] : Aliatra: "That was incredibly stupid, Adrin ... eh Dan"
[Tue Sep 30 20:49:07 2008] : Dan: "It's opened about 7 feet above the ground in a forest that looks like the one outside"
[Tue Sep 30 20:49:30 2008] : Dan: "The notes stated that the results were safe"
[Tue Sep 30 20:49:39 2008] : Aliatra: "7 feet is a long drop to separate your head from your body"
[Tue Sep 30 20:49:57 2008] : Dan: "My experimentation led me to believe what I did was safe"
[Tue Sep 30 20:50:18 2008] : Aliatra: "And of course we can believe the notes of a madman"
[Tue Sep 30 20:50:22 2008] : Dan: "And anyway, it's difficult to move investigations forwards without risks"
[Tue Sep 30 20:50:29 2008] : Dan: "All mages know this"
[Tue Sep 30 20:50:51 2008] : Dan: "Sometimes, the only way to test if it will kill you is..."
[Tue Sep 30 20:51:01 2008] : Aliatra: "We;;, I guess fighters are used to taking other kinds of risk"
[Tue Sep 30 20:51:09 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Well
[Tue Sep 30 20:51:10 2008] : Dan: "And it pays to have a cleric to hand"
[Tue Sep 30 20:51:33 2008] : Aliatra: "Not when you're missing your head, I can't resurrect you, you know
[Tue Sep 30 20:51:57 2008] : Dan: "OK, but I knew of no other way to see through it"
[Tue Sep 30 20:52:01 2008] : Adrin: "If you two would stop bickering we'd get finished faster"
[Tue Sep 30 20:52:10 2008] : Dan: "And I can't ask anyone else to take my risk"
[Tue Sep 30 20:52:38 2008] : Dan: Dan taps inside the circle with Akbar's staff
[Tue Sep 30 20:52:56 2008] : Dan: "So how do I close this one?"
[Tue Sep 30 20:53:25 2008] : Adrin: "Good question"
[Tue Sep 30 20:53:44 2008] : Dan: "Perhaps that's the function of the next one?"
[Tue Sep 30 20:53:56 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Already stopped bickering
[Tue Sep 30 20:53:56 2008] : Dan: "Ready to see?"
[Tue Sep 30 20:54:06 2008] : Aliatra: "Bring it on"
[Tue Sep 30 20:54:33 2008] : Dan: Dan repeats what he did last time, but speaks the next incantation
[Tue Sep 30 20:54:42 2008] : DM: Nothing happens.
[Tue Sep 30 20:54:50 2008] : DM: The portal remains open.
[Tue Sep 30 20:55:11 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, maybe I should try the third one again?"
[Tue Sep 30 20:55:34 2008] : Dan: Dan repeats the third incantation
[Tue Sep 30 20:55:43 2008] : DM: Nothing happens.
[Tue Sep 30 20:56:00 2008] : Dan: "OK, how about I try the words backwards?"
[Tue Sep 30 20:56:08 2008] : Adrin: "Worth a go"
[Tue Sep 30 20:56:16 2008] : Dan: Dan repeats the third incantation backwards
[Tue Sep 30 20:56:17 2008] : DM: Nothing happens.
[Tue Sep 30 20:56:29 2008] : Dan: "What a pickle"
[Tue Sep 30 20:57:04 2008] : Adrin: "How many have we left?"
[Tue Sep 30 20:57:07 2008] : Dan: Dan picks up a rock and throws it through the portal
[Tue Sep 30 20:57:30 2008] : Aliatra: "what is that going to accomplish?"
[Tue Sep 30 20:57:31 2008] : DM: The rock flys through the portal which swiftly closes after it's gone through.
[Tue Sep 30 20:57:37 2008] : Dan: "I think it needs to be used"
[Tue Sep 30 20:57:54 2008] : Aliatra: "It would seem so, good thinking, Dan"
[Tue Sep 30 20:57:58 2008] : Dan: "So it seems safe to peer through"
[Tue Sep 30 20:58:30 2008] : Dan: "And the portal only closes if something passes through completely"
[Tue Sep 30 20:58:39 2008] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Sep 30 20:58:56 2008] : Adrin: "Just as long as you dont slip through"
[Tue Sep 30 20:59:02 2008] : Dan: "OK, now to the fourth incantation"
[Tue Sep 30 20:59:21 2008] : Dan: "I trust to the strength of the pair of you"
[Tue Sep 30 20:59:43 2008] : Oona (enter): 20:59
[Tue Sep 30 20:59:47 2008] : Dan: Dan repeats fourth incantation
[Tue Sep 30 20:59:57 2008] : DM: A portal opens again.
[Tue Sep 30 20:59:59 2008] : Oona: ooc soooory (see chat)
[Tue Sep 30 21:00:22 2008] : Adrin: ooc just checked :)
[Tue Sep 30 21:00:25 2008] : Dan: ooc not a problem for me - you seem to be busy
[Tue Sep 30 21:01:15 2008] : Oona: ooc does it make sense for me to srping in now?
[Tue Sep 30 21:01:19 2008] : Aliatra: ooc It's good to see you here, better late than never
[Tue Sep 30 21:01:19 2008] : DM: ooc sure
[Tue Sep 30 21:01:26 2008] : Oona: ooc cool :)
[Tue Sep 30 21:01:29 2008] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Sep 30 21:01:47 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Just experimenting with portals, so we didn't really miss our rogue yet
[Tue Sep 30 21:01:48 2008] : Dan: ooc we've re-examined the notebook...
[Tue Sep 30 21:01:48 2008] : DM: ooc Dan is experimenting with the portal
[Tue Sep 30 21:03:01 2008] : Oona: ooc /me wonders if now is a wise time to come in, with Dan experimenting and all :)
[Tue Sep 30 21:03:07 2008] : Dan: ooc We found 5 lesser incantations that seemed safe to look at
[Tue Sep 30 21:03:16 2008] : Dan: Dan repeats fourth incantation
[Tue Sep 30 21:03:21 2008] : DM: A portal opens again.
[Tue Sep 30 21:03:25 2008] : Oona: ooc that would be in the book I didn't untrap right?
[Tue Sep 30 21:03:30 2008] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Sep 30 21:03:48 2008] : Dan: "OK, are we happy for me to look through again?"
[Tue Sep 30 21:04:00 2008] : Dan: "Same precautions as last time?"
[Tue Sep 30 21:04:22 2008] : Adrin: ooc back
[Tue Sep 30 21:04:23 2008] : Dan: Dan pokes his quarterstaff through it
[Tue Sep 30 21:04:32 2008] : DM: Again, no resistance.
[Tue Sep 30 21:04:52 2008] : Oona: Oona looks at the portal,again fascinated by this magic she can't fathom
[Tue Sep 30 21:05:14 2008] : DM: The portal is a silvery, simmering surface that you can't see through.
[Tue Sep 30 21:05:19 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra stands by to grab Dan's legs as soon as he's planning to stick his head through
[Tue Sep 30 21:05:26 2008] : Adrin: "This one looks different"
[Tue Sep 30 21:05:42 2008] : DM: ooc it look the same to me
[Tue Sep 30 21:05:49 2008] : Dan: ooc was that just description for Oona?
[Tue Sep 30 21:06:08 2008] : Adrin: ooc I thought that we could see through the others
[Tue Sep 30 21:06:31 2008] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Sep 30 21:06:47 2008] : DM: ooc er, yes was for Oona's benefit.
[Tue Sep 30 21:06:55 2008] : Dan: Dan begins to crawl forwards again and, when he is being secured by the others, puts his arm in
[Tue Sep 30 21:07:13 2008] : DM: Again, it's just air and a slight breeze.
[Tue Sep 30 21:07:27 2008] : Dan: ooc we couldn't see through, hence why I stuck my head in
[Tue Sep 30 21:07:32 2008] : Adrin: ooc ahh
[Tue Sep 30 21:07:43 2008] : Dan: "OK, head next..."
[Tue Sep 30 21:07:43 2008] : Adrin: Adrin holds on tight
[Tue Sep 30 21:08:05 2008] : Dan: Dan leans his face through
[Tue Sep 30 21:08:32 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra holds on tight
[Tue Sep 30 21:10:06 2008] : Dan: Dan kicks as though something's a bit wrong
[Tue Sep 30 21:10:20 2008] : Adrin: Adrin pulls
[Tue Sep 30 21:10:28 2008] : Dan: "Whoah"
[Tue Sep 30 21:10:39 2008] : Adrin: "what happened?
[Tue Sep 30 21:10:57 2008] : Dan: "You'll never believe"
[Tue Sep 30 21:11:04 2008] : Aliatra: "What?"
[Tue Sep 30 21:11:09 2008] : Adrin: "Try me"
[Tue Sep 30 21:11:31 2008] : Dan: "I think that we have a solution to some of the mysterious accidents"
[Tue Sep 30 21:12:02 2008] : Adrin: "TELL!"
[Tue Sep 30 21:12:16 2008] : Dan: "Sorry, I wasn't saying to pull me back... It was just that the plane of the portal changed and it made my stomach turn"
[Tue Sep 30 21:12:22 2008] : Oona: "Oona looks puzzled"
[Tue Sep 30 21:12:45 2008] : Dan: "But the latest portal overlooked the lake in the village"
[Tue Sep 30 21:12:56 2008] : Dan: "I could see fishing boats below"
[Tue Sep 30 21:13:11 2008] : Adrin: "Interesting"
[Tue Sep 30 21:13:18 2008] : Dan: "I have no doubt that the next one will appear over the clay pits"
[Tue Sep 30 21:13:32 2008] : Dan: "Take a look if you want"
[Tue Sep 30 21:13:36 2008] : Adrin: "I wont bet against it"
[Tue Sep 30 21:13:45 2008] : Aliatra: "Overlooked? From what height?"
[Tue Sep 30 21:13:48 2008] : Dan: "I think that doing what I did is perfectly safe"
[Tue Sep 30 21:14:01 2008] : Adrin: "I'll take a look"
[Tue Sep 30 21:14:03 2008] : Aliatra: "I've got to see this"
[Tue Sep 30 21:14:13 2008] : Dan: "At least 10 feet"
[Tue Sep 30 21:14:28 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra lies down and sticks her head through the portal, carefully"
[Tue Sep 30 21:14:31 2008] : DM: You stick your head through and look around. This portal has opened vertically and the change is orientation is disorienting.
[Tue Sep 30 21:14:36 2008] : DM: Looking down you see the surface of Greenmere lake below several metres below and Greenmere village itself beside the lake.
[Tue Sep 30 21:14:43 2008] : DM: Fishermen are sailing their boats across the lake but none have looked up and seen you yet.
[Tue Sep 30 21:14:54 2008] : Adrin: Adrin also looks through
[Tue Sep 30 21:15:07 2008] : Dan: "Careful, it's a bit disorientation"
[Tue Sep 30 21:15:20 2008] : Dan: ooc disorientating
[Tue Sep 30 21:15:32 2008] : Dan: ooc or is it disorienting?
[Tue Sep 30 21:15:47 2008] : Adrin: ooc tating
[Tue Sep 30 21:15:48 2008] : DM: ooc either is correct I think.
[Tue Sep 30 21:15:51 2008] : Aliatra: ooc disorienting
[Tue Sep 30 21:15:58 2008] : Adrin: oo clol
[Tue Sep 30 21:16:32 2008] : Adrin: ooc I would always use '...tating' The other sounds strange to me
[Tue Sep 30 21:16:39 2008] : Adrin: "This explains some things"
[Tue Sep 30 21:16:59 2008] : Dan: "Indeed"
[Tue Sep 30 21:17:10 2008] : Dan: "Shall we try the last one?"
[Tue Sep 30 21:17:22 2008] : Adrin: "Go for it"
[Tue Sep 30 21:17:35 2008] : Aliatra: "I don't think we could live with ourselves if we didn't"
[Tue Sep 30 21:17:38 2008] : DM: ooc incantation 6? The main one?
[Tue Sep 30 21:17:47 2008] : Dan: Dan throws a copperpiece through the portal
[Tue Sep 30 21:17:57 2008] : Dan: ooc we only got to #4 didn't we
[Tue Sep 30 21:17:59 2008] : DM: The portal closes behind the coin.
[Tue Sep 30 21:18:08 2008] : DM: ooc that was portal #4, yes.
[Tue Sep 30 21:18:42 2008] : Dan: "At least if it hits a fisherman, they feel better about it being money rather than a rock"
[Tue Sep 30 21:18:49 2008] : Dan: Dan grins
[Tue Sep 30 21:19:04 2008] : Adrin: "Better, but more puzzled"
[Tue Sep 30 21:19:25 2008] : Dan: "And flying rocks are less puzzling?"
[Tue Sep 30 21:19:36 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra laughs out loud
[Tue Sep 30 21:19:56 2008] : Adrin: "Only a little"
[Tue Sep 30 21:19:57 2008] : Dan: "OK, let's do number 5 and then we can decide what to do about the main incantation"
[Tue Sep 30 21:20:07 2008] : Aliatra: "Next time we should try a fish: a freshwater trout for example"
[Tue Sep 30 21:20:12 2008] : Dan: Dan laughs too
[Tue Sep 30 21:20:31 2008] : Dan: "Sorry, I'm fresh out of fish in my pockets!"
[Tue Sep 30 21:20:54 2008] : Adrin: "Maybe we should catch one next time"
[Tue Sep 30 21:20:55 2008] : Aliatra: ooc disorienting and disorientating seem to be both correct, according to dictionary.com
[Tue Sep 30 21:20:55 2008] : Dan: "The closest I have is trail rations, which would be pretty puzzling too"
[Tue Sep 30 21:21:13 2008] : Aliatra: "I like the trout better"
[Tue Sep 30 21:21:33 2008] : Dan: "OK, back to business"
[Tue Sep 30 21:22:06 2008] : Dan: Dan performs incantation number 5 and then repeats all the other safety steps
[Tue Sep 30 21:23:23 2008] : DM: This portal leads to a quiet corner of Greenmere, behind some outbuildings. It's vertical and only a couple of feet off the ground.
[Tue Sep 30 21:24:10 2008] : Oona: ooc so all portals lead to Greenmere, and the assumption is that our dead priest used them to do all his mischief?
[Tue Sep 30 21:24:11 2008] : Dan: "So, we could go through and rest"
[Tue Sep 30 21:24:31 2008] : Dan: ooc that was Dan's assumption
[Tue Sep 30 21:24:36 2008] : Adrin: "Thats how it looks Oona"
[Tue Sep 30 21:24:49 2008] : Dan: ooc although some portals lead to the woods etc.
[Tue Sep 30 21:25:12 2008] : Aliatra: "So is there another portal he used to come here?"
[Tue Sep 30 21:25:47 2008] : Dan: "I imagine the shadow door spell"
[Tue Sep 30 21:25:51 2008] : DM: ooc remember, these portals are the results of experiments and not necessarily useful themselves.
[Tue Sep 30 21:26:12 2008] : Dan: "He may have had another circle elsewhere"
[Tue Sep 30 21:26:29 2008] : Adrin: "We may never know"
[Tue Sep 30 21:26:34 2008] : Dan: "So, these were the experiments..."
[Tue Sep 30 21:27:03 2008] : Dan: "I'm not getting the impression that they were leading to a portal to the plane of shadows"
[Tue Sep 30 21:27:12 2008] : Aliatra: "Just seems to me he'd prefer to come here the easy way and not by foot with the risk of being seen"
[Tue Sep 30 21:27:19 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra shrugs
[Tue Sep 30 21:27:28 2008] : Dan: "Should we try the longer incantation, and look through?"
[Tue Sep 30 21:27:44 2008] : Aliatra: "And since the first incantation leads to these caves"
[Tue Sep 30 21:28:04 2008] : Dan: "It seems that we know how to close them"
[Tue Sep 30 21:28:21 2008] : Aliatra: "I'd prefere we wait until we replenished our spells, who knows what might try to pull us though"
[Tue Sep 30 21:28:28 2008] : Dan: Dan tosses another CP through the latest portal
[Tue Sep 30 21:28:30 2008] : Adrin: "The longer one may not work the same way"
[Tue Sep 30 21:28:50 2008] : Dan: "I agree Adrin, and also with Ali"
[Tue Sep 30 21:29:19 2008] : Dan: "But as I said earlier, without experimentation, we'll not learn anything"
[Tue Sep 30 21:29:25 2008] : Oona: "I think we might want to take a little time - and an ale - to reflect on this all"
[Tue Sep 30 21:31:01 2008] : Dan: "OK, we can use the 5th incantation to step through to town"
[Tue Sep 30 21:31:15 2008] : Dan: "We can then come back tomorrow"
[Tue Sep 30 21:31:23 2008] : Adrin: "One by one, with you last Dan?"
[Tue Sep 30 21:31:34 2008] : Dan: "I can teleport us here"
[Tue Sep 30 21:31:58 2008] : Dan: "Either that or we go through hand in hand and see if that works"
[Tue Sep 30 21:32:11 2008] : Dan: "I'll be last either way"
[Tue Sep 30 21:32:24 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's try all going through together"
[Tue Sep 30 21:32:42 2008] : Dan: "First, let me sketch the location as a teleport reminder"
[Tue Sep 30 21:33:29 2008] : Dan: Dan examines the location thoroughly, then sketches it in his notebook, along with his other locations"
[Tue Sep 30 21:34:55 2008] : Dan: "OK, let's go"
[Tue Sep 30 21:35:27 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra steps forward and enters the circle
[Tue Sep 30 21:35:29 2008] : Dan: Dan performs incantation number 5 again, then instructs everyone to walk through in a chain
[Tue Sep 30 21:36:25 2008] : Adrin: Adrin does so
[Tue Sep 30 21:36:28 2008] : DM: Climbing through the portal, turning 90 degrees and and trying to step onto the ground on the otherside is not the most dignified of ways of travelling.
[Tue Sep 30 21:36:55 2008] : DM: When the last person is through you pick yourselves up off the ground and the portal closes behind you.
[Tue Sep 30 21:37:14 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Especially not as you're trying not to step on eachother
[Tue Sep 30 21:37:42 2008] : Adrin: ooc probably diving through and trying to roll is the best way
[Tue Sep 30 21:37:44 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, you can see that it was experimental. It's odd to go from the floor to the wall in one step"
[Tue Sep 30 21:38:07 2008] : Dan: "We should probably do that one at a time next time"
[Tue Sep 30 21:38:40 2008] : Aliatra: ooc A bit difficult to roll when you're holding hands
[Tue Sep 30 21:40:16 2008] : Dan: "OK, shall we head to the inn then?"
[Tue Sep 30 21:40:24 2008] : Adrin: "Good idea"
[Tue Sep 30 21:40:30 2008] : Aliatra: "Yeah, let's"
[Tue Sep 30 21:40:32 2008] : Dan: Dan picks up his discarded CP
[Tue Sep 30 21:40:58 2008] : Oona: ooc what's a CP
[Tue Sep 30 21:41:02 2008] : DM: It's about 1pm now.
[Tue Sep 30 21:41:06 2008] : DM: ooc copper piece
[Tue Sep 30 21:41:43 2008] : Dan: ooc I threw it through to close the portal earlier
[Tue Sep 30 21:42:18 2008] : Dan: ooc I'm like a cp throwing santa
[Tue Sep 30 21:42:44 2008] : Adrin: ooc except more tight
[Tue Sep 30 21:42:58 2008] : Aliatra: "Time for lunch and since Dan found money, he can pay"
[Tue Sep 30 21:43:12 2008] : Oona: Oona grins
[Tue Sep 30 21:43:14 2008] : Adrin: "Great!. Thanks Dan"
[Tue Sep 30 21:43:28 2008] : Dan: Dan shrugs
[Tue Sep 30 21:43:36 2008] : Dan: "It's probably my turn"
[Tue Sep 30 21:44:10 2008] : Dan: Dan heads for the inn and secures board for the four of us
[Tue Sep 30 21:44:37 2008] : DM: Okay. Feel free to skip ahead to the next day.
[Tue Sep 30 21:45:10 2008] : Adrin: >>|
[Tue Sep 30 21:45:11 2008] : Aliatra: ooc skipping
[Tue Sep 30 21:45:31 2008] : Oona: ooc lol
[Tue Sep 30 21:45:46 2008] : DM: The following morning you're back at the cave and the portal focus.
[Tue Sep 30 21:45:47 2008] : Dan: ooc Level 6 spells :D
[Tue Sep 30 21:47:04 2008] : Adrin: "Ok, so we try the big one now?"
[Tue Sep 30 21:47:13 2008] : DM: ooc brb
[Tue Sep 30 21:48:02 2008] : Dan: "I guess so"
[Tue Sep 30 21:48:39 2008] : DM: ooc back
[Tue Sep 30 21:49:54 2008] : Dan: "Are we all ready?"
[Tue Sep 30 21:50:07 2008] : Aliatra: "I'm not really looking forward to it ... but what the hey"
[Tue Sep 30 21:50:15 2008] : Adrin: "As i'll ever be"
[Tue Sep 30 21:51:22 2008] : Dan: "OK, here goes"
[Tue Sep 30 21:51:44 2008] : Dan: Dan performs the ritual in the same way as the previous ones
[Tue Sep 30 21:51:51 2008] : DM: The portal opens.
[Tue Sep 30 21:52:08 2008] : Oona: Oona plays with her bow and swords, not sure where to put her hands and wanting to be ready
[Tue Sep 30 21:52:18 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra has her sword ready
[Tue Sep 30 21:52:54 2008] : Adrin: ooc does this one look the same?
[Tue Sep 30 21:52:58 2008] : Dan: ooc is it horizontal still?
[Tue Sep 30 21:53:34 2008] : DM: The portal looks the same as all the others did, a 3m diameter slivery, shimmery circle on the floor.
[Tue Sep 30 21:54:07 2008] : Aliatra: "Who
[Tue Sep 30 21:54:13 2008] : Adrin: "Care to try it as you did the others Dan?"
[Tue Sep 30 21:54:19 2008] : Aliatra: "Who'se first?"
[Tue Sep 30 21:54:27 2008] : Dan: "Sure"
[Tue Sep 30 21:54:41 2008] : Dan: Dan rinses and repeats
[Tue Sep 30 21:54:54 2008] : Dan: ooc staff, arm, face
[Tue Sep 30 21:55:16 2008] : DM: When you stick your arm through the air is cool and damp.
[Tue Sep 30 21:56:02 2008] : Dan: "Well, it's cool and damp on the other side this time"
[Tue Sep 30 21:56:02 2008] : DM: Looking through you see a similar scene to the previous portal except everything is grey.
[Tue Sep 30 21:56:19 2008] : Dan: Dan pulls back
[Tue Sep 30 21:56:28 2008] : Dan: "OK, everything was grey"
[Tue Sep 30 21:56:34 2008] : Adrin: "Grey?"
[Tue Sep 30 21:56:36 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+20] => [9,20] = (29)
[Tue Sep 30 21:56:47 2008] : DM: The buildings are decaying and wreathed in tendrils of mist, the trees and leaf-less and dead, the grass is greyish-brown and dead.
[Tue Sep 30 21:57:30 2008] : DM: A loud slithering, rasping noise can be heard. Then a loud crunching.
[Tue Sep 30 21:58:06 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [10,12] = (22)
[Tue Sep 30 21:58:21 2008] : Dan: "Yes, buildings, trees. Everything misty and dead looking"
[Tue Sep 30 21:58:22 2008] : DM: A wind makes a eerie whistling noise and the dead branches clatter and tap against the buildings.
[Tue Sep 30 21:58:32 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra thinks of grey environments
[Tue Sep 30 21:58:47 2008] : Dan: "There was a rasping, then a crunching noise"
[Tue Sep 30 21:58:51 2008] : Oona: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Sep 30 21:58:51 2008] : DM: The looks like the plane of shadows.
[Tue Sep 30 21:59:05 2008] : Dan: "The wind was eerie"
[Tue Sep 30 21:59:20 2008] : Dan: "I'm pretty sure it was the plane of shadows"!
[Tue Sep 30 21:59:26 2008] : Adrin: "What do you think the noise was?"
[Tue Sep 30 21:59:38 2008] : Aliatra: "Rasping and crunching noises?"
[Tue Sep 30 22:00:54 2008] : Dan: "I'm not sure"
[Tue Sep 30 22:01:56 2008] : Dan: "So"
[Tue Sep 30 22:02:13 2008] : Dan: Dan throws a rock through the portal
[Tue Sep 30 22:02:21 2008] : DM: The portal closes.
[Tue Sep 30 22:02:45 2008] : Dan: "What do we want to do?"
[Tue Sep 30 22:02:47 2008] : Aliatra: "What do you want to do, Dan?"
[Tue Sep 30 22:02:59 2008] : Adrin: "Thats the million gold peice question"
[Tue Sep 30 22:03:31 2008] : Dan: "Well, I think that we take the fight to Shadroth"
[Tue Sep 30 22:03:49 2008] : Dan: "I'm not keen on extraplanars taking an interest in me"
[Tue Sep 30 22:03:54 2008] : Adrin: "Sounds good to me"
[Tue Sep 30 22:05:06 2008] : Dan: "What about the rest of you?"
[Tue Sep 30 22:05:20 2008] : Aliatra: "I want to end this"
[Tue Sep 30 22:05:34 2008] : Aliatra: "And that means we have to fight"
[Tue Sep 30 22:06:55 2008] : Oona: "I do too. BUt frankly, those shadows..."
[Tue Sep 30 22:07:15 2008] : Oona: "Thing is, will we find what...or who we need to end this on this other plane?"
[Tue Sep 30 22:07:24 2008] : Oona: "And most important, how do we come back?"
[Tue Sep 30 22:07:40 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, a very salient point"
[Tue Sep 30 22:08:10 2008] : Adrin: "I wonder if that shadow door spell to this cave would work"
[Tue Sep 30 22:08:16 2008] : Dan: "I'm not sure if the shadow door spell in the staff is capable"
[Tue Sep 30 22:08:43 2008] : DM: ooc shadow door can't cross dimensions.
[Tue Sep 30 22:08:53 2008] : Dan: "It certainly goes via the shadow plane to make a shortcut"
[Tue Sep 30 22:09:04 2008] : Dan: "But I doubt it's capable"
[Tue Sep 30 22:09:18 2008] : Dan: "Though it's a good suggestion Adrin"
[Tue Sep 30 22:09:21 2008] : DM: ooc I mean it can't end in a different plane.
[Tue Sep 30 22:09:49 2008] : Aliatra: "I want to return as well, but if we're exiled after we eliminated the Shadow Man it;ll be worth it"
[Tue Sep 30 22:09:58 2008] : Dan: "My guess is that the spell that I was incapable of understanding would do this"
[Tue Sep 30 22:09:59 2008] : Adrin: "Will it?"
[Tue Sep 30 22:10:15 2008] : Adrin: "be worth it?"
[Tue Sep 30 22:11:19 2008] : Aliatra: "It will to me, if we can just stop him harming others"
[Tue Sep 30 22:11:22 2008] : Dan: "We could always leave a rope through the portal..."
[Tue Sep 30 22:11:46 2008] : Dan: "Though leaving it open allows things out as well as in"
[Tue Sep 30 22:11:48 2008] : Aliatra: "To keep it open, you mean? That might work"
[Tue Sep 30 22:11:53 2008] : Adrin: "I'm more concerned with me"
[Tue Sep 30 22:12:16 2008] : Dan: "It may be that this is how come there are so many shadow tainted creatures hereabouts"
[Tue Sep 30 22:12:43 2008] : Adrin: "Do we want to let more in while we run around the shadow plane?"
[Tue Sep 30 22:12:59 2008] : Aliatra: "Because that priest let them in?"
[Tue Sep 30 22:13:09 2008] : Dan: "Not really Adrin"
[Tue Sep 30 22:13:35 2008] : Dan: "I don't want to come back to a village where everyone has been killed by something that we let out"
[Tue Sep 30 22:14:27 2008] : Adrin: "Me neither"
[Tue Sep 30 22:15:04 2008] : Dan: "To be frank, from what we know, we are dead if we stay here"
[Tue Sep 30 22:15:46 2008] : Dan: "So I see no alternative to going in and confronting our enemy on home turf where our weapons should be able to hurt him"
[Tue Sep 30 22:15:48 2008] : Adrin: "What did you call it Dan? a salient point?"
[Tue Sep 30 22:15:52 2008] : Dan: ooc is that correct?
[Tue Sep 30 22:16:07 2008] : DM: ooc is what correct?
[Tue Sep 30 22:16:23 2008] : Dan: ooc our weapons can harm him on the plane of shadows?
[Tue Sep 30 22:16:31 2008] : DM: ooc yes.
[Tue Sep 30 22:16:34 2008] : Dan: "I did Adrin"
[Tue Sep 30 22:17:06 2008] : Adrin: "Ok, votes for going in?"
[Tue Sep 30 22:17:12 2008] : Adrin: Adrin raises his hand
[Tue Sep 30 22:17:15 2008] : Dan: "Only Ali's bow and a select few spells of mine have a 100% chance of hurting him on our plane"
[Tue Sep 30 22:17:25 2008] : Dan: Dan raises his hand
[Tue Sep 30 22:17:30 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra raises her hand
[Tue Sep 30 22:17:46 2008] : Oona: "You mean that on the plane of shadows, we have more chances of killing him?"
[Tue Sep 30 22:18:02 2008] : Dan: "Yes Oona"
[Tue Sep 30 22:19:07 2008] : Dan: "While on the plane, we will appear to anyone on the prime material plane as shadows do to us"
[Tue Sep 30 22:19:46 2008] : Dan: "But we will be able to affect shadows as we can regular beasts on the prime material plane"
[Tue Sep 30 22:19:51 2008] : Oona (enter): 22:19
[Tue Sep 30 22:19:59 2008] : Dan: "Yes Oona"
[Tue Sep 30 22:20:01 2008] : Dan: "While on the plane, we will appear to anyone on the prime material plane as shadows do to us"
[Tue Sep 30 22:20:03 2008] : Dan: "But we will be able to affect shadows as we can regular beasts on the prime material plane"
[Tue Sep 30 22:20:24 2008] : Oona: "Now, that sounds very good"
[Tue Sep 30 22:20:35 2008] : Oona: "So if we solve the coming back question, then I'm game"
[Tue Sep 30 22:20:45 2008] : Oona: Booting '(8) Oona' from server...
[Tue Sep 30 22:20:46 2008] : Oona (exit): 22:20
[Tue Sep 30 22:21:27 2008] : Adrin: "Can we solve it?"
[Tue Sep 30 22:22:42 2008] : Aliatra: "If we can't be sure about that incantation ... how high up is the portal at the other side?"
[Tue Sep 30 22:22:44 2008] : Oona: "Is there anyone who has the skills to perform that incantation here?"
[Tue Sep 30 22:23:03 2008] : Oona: "That we could leave the book to if we don't find a way to come back from the other side?"
[Tue Sep 30 22:23:17 2008] : DM: ooc it's about a metre off the ground.
[Tue Sep 30 22:23:39 2008] : Dan: "About a metre up"
[Tue Sep 30 22:23:46 2008] : Adrin: "The book may have the key to getting back. I'd rather not leave it"
[Tue Sep 30 22:24:07 2008] : Aliatra: "A metre is low enough to let just about anything in, so holding the portal open is way too risky"
[Tue Sep 30 22:24:12 2008] : Dan: "We could try making a circle at the other side"
[Tue Sep 30 22:24:38 2008] : Aliatra: "Better check your drawing for accuracy then"
[Tue Sep 30 22:24:40 2008] : Dan: ooc is there anything special about the current circle?
[Tue Sep 30 22:25:01 2008] : Aliatra: ooc yopu copied it, you tell us ;)
[Tue Sep 30 22:25:07 2008] : DM: ooc no, it's not magical at all.
[Tue Sep 30 22:26:09 2008] : Dan: How about we leave a rope through while we mess around?
[Tue Sep 30 22:26:14 2008] : Dan: "How about we leave a rope through while we mess around?"
[Tue Sep 30 22:26:53 2008] : Adrin: "Ok"
[Tue Sep 30 22:27:24 2008] : Aliatra: "You warned us about what might come through and I agree with you, it would be very risky"
[Tue Sep 30 22:27:25 2008] : Dan: "I guess one of you had better go first"
[Tue Sep 30 22:27:47 2008] : Dan: "I'll stay her in case it closes"
[Tue Sep 30 22:27:49 2008] : Adrin: "I'll go"
[Tue Sep 30 22:27:50 2008] : Oona: "Can I sneak in the plane of shadows?"
[Tue Sep 30 22:27:56 2008] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Sep 30 22:28:01 2008] : Oona: "I would go too"
[Tue Sep 30 22:28:12 2008] : Aliatra: "I'll go"
[Tue Sep 30 22:30:31 2008] : Dan: "OK, try putting a rope through, then one of you go through"
[Tue Sep 30 22:31:02 2008] : DM: That works, the rope keeps the portal open.
[Tue Sep 30 22:31:35 2008] : Adrin: "Kets just hope its a two-way portal"
[Tue Sep 30 22:31:42 2008] : Adrin: ooc Lets
[Tue Sep 30 22:31:46 2008] : Oona: "Well, we can try"
[Tue Sep 30 22:31:48 2008] : DM: ooc it is.
[Tue Sep 30 22:31:51 2008] : Dan: If everyone else has made it through, Dan follows
[Tue Sep 30 22:32:03 2008] : Oona: "Oona gets in and out once"
[Tue Sep 30 22:32:12 2008] : Oona: Oona gets in and out once
[Tue Sep 30 22:32:19 2008] : DM: Your feet crunch on the dead grass of the shadow plane.
[Tue Sep 30 22:32:27 2008] : Oona: Oona looks about for a place to hide.
[Tue Sep 30 22:32:32 2008] : Dan: Once on the plane of Shadows, Dan creates another circle according to the last one and tries to repeat the incantation
[Tue Sep 30 22:33:03 2008] : DM: The incantation does nothing (there's already a portal open).
[Tue Sep 30 22:34:01 2008] : Dan: "Well, like when I tried to do incantation 4 when 3 was open, we can't see if this works unless we close the other one"
[Tue Sep 30 22:34:32 2008] : Adrin: "Only one thing for it then"
[Tue Sep 30 22:34:50 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra gets her bow ready and makes sure her sword is loose in its scabbard
[Tue Sep 30 22:35:00 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra gets her bow ready and makes sure her sword is loose in its scabbard
[Tue Sep 30 22:35:08 2008] : Adrin: Adrin picks up the rope and pulls it through
[Tue Sep 30 22:35:32 2008] : Oona: Oona notches an arrow
[Tue Sep 30 22:35:33 2008] : DM: *bink* The portal disappears.
[Tue Sep 30 22:35:44 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra sighs as she watches
[Tue Sep 30 22:35:51 2008] : Dan: "Why is everyone suddenly so anxious?"
[Tue Sep 30 22:36:18 2008] : Dan: Dan tries to repeat the incantation
[Tue Sep 30 22:36:44 2008] : Aliatra: "Because this isn't home? Dan, do not get killed, we need you to get out of here"
[Tue Sep 30 22:36:46 2008] : DM: The portal opens exactly where it was before, hovering in the misty air.
[Tue Sep 30 22:37:06 2008] : Adrin: Adrin lets out a long breath
[Tue Sep 30 22:37:07 2008] : Dan: Dan pops his head through
[Tue Sep 30 22:38:11 2008] : Dan: "OK, the cave is through there"
[Tue Sep 30 22:38:16 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra smiles
[Tue Sep 30 22:38:17 2008] : Oona: "Oh, that looks good..." says Oona expectantly
[Tue Sep 30 22:38:26 2008] : Dan: Dan tosses a rock through
[Tue Sep 30 22:38:31 2008] : Oona: "Excellent. Shall we go?"
[Tue Sep 30 22:38:36 2008] : Dan: "That is a massive relief"
[Tue Sep 30 22:38:53 2008] : Dan: Dan puts the staff away
[Tue Sep 30 22:39:03 2008] : DM: The portal winks out.
[Tue Sep 30 22:39:20 2008] : Dan: "I'd use it as a weapon, but if it got sundered, we'd be stuck"
[Tue Sep 30 22:39:50 2008] : Adrin: "Time to go exploring"
[Tue Sep 30 22:39:54 2008] : DM: The rasping and crunching noise continues from somewhere in the shadow version of Greenmere.
[Tue Sep 30 22:40:24 2008] : DM: Where are you headed?
[Tue Sep 30 22:40:28 2008] : Adrin: "starting with that noise"
[Tue Sep 30 22:40:48 2008] : Dan: "OK"
[Tue Sep 30 22:41:03 2008] : Aliatra: "Where else"
[Tue Sep 30 22:41:23 2008] : Aliatra: "Adrin: how about some extra strength?"
[Tue Sep 30 22:41:28 2008] : DM: You round the building to head towards the village centre and you see stretched across the village green a monstrous serpent like creature slowly slithering along.
[Tue Sep 30 22:42:03 2008] : Adrin: "If we have to fight that, I may need it"
[Tue Sep 30 22:42:16 2008] : DM: The body is about 5 ft in diameter and covered in bony plates. The grey skin has a faint purplish tinge.
[Tue Sep 30 22:42:53 2008] : Dan: ooc is it common for the shadow world to have odd creatures like that, or are they a symptom of something wrong?
[Tue Sep 30 22:42:54 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+20] => [1,20] = (21)
[Tue Sep 30 22:43:00 2008] : DM: Moving closer you see the heat of the monster chewing it's way through one of the decaying and tumbledown buildings.
[Tue Sep 30 22:43:05 2008] : DM: ooc knowledge: arcane
[Tue Sep 30 22:43:13 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+20] => [17,20] = (37)
[Tue Sep 30 22:43:24 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [4,12] = (16)
[Tue Sep 30 22:43:28 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Sep 30 22:43:32 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [19,6] = (25)
[Tue Sep 30 22:43:45 2008] : Adrin: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Sep 30 22:43:45 2008] : DM: It slowly turns its armor plated head towards you and opens it's man sized gaping jaws lines with large and fearsome teeth.
[Tue Sep 30 22:44:08 2008] : DM: The shadow purple worm looks ready to strike!
[Tue Sep 30 22:44:09 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra chants a spell, directed at Adrin
[Tue Sep 30 22:44:13 2008] : DM: GAME END