Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Sep 16 19:48:55 2008] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Sep 16 19:49:34 2008] : DM: You've secured Akbar in the Elder's celler for the night, in preparation for a Zone of Truth spell in the morning.
[Tue Sep 16 19:50:22 2008] : DM: What are you going to do overnight?
[Tue Sep 16 19:50:54 2008] : Adrin: "Well, nothing more to do here til the morning, so I'm going to get some sleep"
[Tue Sep 16 19:51:11 2008] : Oona: sleep sounds good
[Tue Sep 16 19:51:16 2008] : Dan: "Right, what do you think of my plan to teleport to the city and try to get a higher ranking priest to come back with me in the morning?"
[Tue Sep 16 19:51:16 2008] : Aliatra: "And me"
[Tue Sep 16 19:51:19 2008] : Oona: ooc did i miss a game?
[Tue Sep 16 19:51:29 2008] : Aliatra: ooc You did
[Tue Sep 16 19:51:37 2008] : Oona: ooc k
[Tue Sep 16 19:51:47 2008] : DM: ooc sorry, I should have recapped.
[Tue Sep 16 19:51:56 2008] : Aliatra: "Sounds good, Dan"
[Tue Sep 16 19:53:12 2008] : Oona: ooc nope I should have read it :)
[Tue Sep 16 19:53:26 2008] : DM: During the day you talked to everyone connected to the recent deaths, having done so you decided to question Akbar's only real follower only to have him killed by a freak lightning storm before he said anything useful.
[Tue Sep 16 19:54:22 2008] : DM: Akbar was implicated and you confronted him, he eventually capitulated and agreed to be taken to see the Elder.
[Tue Sep 16 19:55:05 2008] : DM: The Elder decided that the charges were sufficiently grave than incarcerating Akbar was the correct thing to do, until Aliatra could use a Zone of Truth spell to get to the bottom of the matter.
[Tue Sep 16 19:56:10 2008] : Oona: "Dan, if htat means that the chances that he tells the truth are higher, I think it's a great idea"
[Tue Sep 16 19:56:26 2008] : DM: Okay, Dan tries and teleports: [1d100] => [47] = (47)
[Tue Sep 16 19:57:26 2008] : Dan: "Is one of you coming with me?"
[Tue Sep 16 19:58:45 2008] : Adrin: "I suppose I'll come along"
[Tue Sep 16 19:58:53 2008] : Adrin: sigh
[Tue Sep 16 19:59:08 2008] : Dan: Dan takes Adrin with him
[Tue Sep 16 19:59:19 2008] : Dan: ooc not sure how you want to handle this DM
[Tue Sep 16 19:59:30 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra heads for the inn
[Tue Sep 16 19:59:59 2008] : Dan: ooc the plan is to seek the temple of the farming god and explain
[Tue Sep 16 20:00:42 2008] : DM: The trip is unexciting, the head priest of the temple of Fiora (the lesser god of fields and harvest that Akbar claimed to represent) had never heard of Akbar and agrees that the matter required further investigation.
[Tue Sep 16 20:01:07 2008] : DM: He assigns a senior priestess to travel back with you.
[Tue Sep 16 20:01:52 2008] : Dan: ooc need to wait until morning to travel back, so resting in the city I guess
[Tue Sep 16 20:02:14 2008] : DM: Okay. Travelling back: [1d100] => [59] = (59)
[Tue Sep 16 20:03:10 2008] : Dan: Dan and Adrin reappear in the village with a proper priest
[Tue Sep 16 20:03:50 2008] : DM: You arrive back in Greenmere in the morning with Priestess Helene Alexis in tow.
[Tue Sep 16 20:04:04 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Proper priest? Proper priest? /me pouts
[Tue Sep 16 20:04:13 2008] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Sep 16 20:04:29 2008] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Sep 16 20:04:37 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra has prayed for Zone of Truth after a good night's sleep
[Tue Sep 16 20:04:46 2008] : DM: You gather in the main room of the Elder's house.
[Tue Sep 16 20:05:35 2008] : Elder: "If we are already, then bring up Akbar so we may learn the truth of this matter."
[Tue Sep 16 20:05:56 2008] : Aliatra: "Adrin, shall we get him here?"
[Tue Sep 16 20:06:29 2008] : Adrin: "No time like the present"
[Tue Sep 16 20:07:12 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes down to the cellar to get Akbar
[Tue Sep 16 20:07:33 2008] : Elder: The door is still barred.
[Tue Sep 16 20:08:01 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra opens the door
[Tue Sep 16 20:08:28 2008] : Dan: "Well, if he's still down there that is"
[Tue Sep 16 20:08:32 2008] : Aliatra: "Time to get up, Akbar"
[Tue Sep 16 20:09:08 2008] : DM: Inside the celler room lies Akbar sprawled on the ground on a pool of blood. Scrawled in what you assume is his own blood is a final message from Akbar.
[Tue Sep 16 20:09:11 2008] : Adrin: Adrin draws his sword before the door is opened
[Tue Sep 16 20:09:31 2008] : Aliatra: "Darn!"
[Tue Sep 16 20:09:58 2008] : Aliatra: "Better get the elder here, so he can see what happened for himself"
[Tue Sep 16 20:10:13 2008] : Adrin: "The only pity is that he drew his own blood"
[Tue Sep 16 20:10:22 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra enters, avoiding the blood and checks on Akbar
[Tue Sep 16 20:10:27 2008] : Aliatra: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [13,8] = (21)
[Tue Sep 16 20:11:04 2008] : DM: Akbar is quite dead.
[Tue Sep 16 20:11:15 2008] : Dan: oob brb
[Tue Sep 16 20:11:22 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Never hurts to check ;)
[Tue Sep 16 20:12:10 2008] : Adrin: Adrin calls for the elder
[Tue Sep 16 20:12:31 2008] : DM: ooc can't decide on the exact phrasing of this message.
[Tue Sep 16 20:12:33 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's see what he's been writing here"
[Tue Sep 16 20:13:46 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, an odd choice of ending for one wielding arcane power"
[Tue Sep 16 20:14:19 2008] : Oona: "I can't believe we didn't think of this"
[Tue Sep 16 20:14:24 2008] : Oona: "We should have stood guard"
[Tue Sep 16 20:14:32 2008] : DM: The message reads: "I take my secrets to Shadroth and the Shadow."
[Tue Sep 16 20:15:13 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 20:15
[Tue Sep 16 20:15:13 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 20:15
[Tue Sep 16 20:15:13 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 20:15
[Tue Sep 16 20:15:38 2008] : Adrin: "Well I think that message at least proves that we were right"
[Tue Sep 16 20:16:02 2008] : Elder Kade: The Elder looks shocked but nods agreement.
[Tue Sep 16 20:16:08 2008] : Elder Kade: ooc he also gains a name.
[Tue Sep 16 20:16:13 2008] : Aliatra: Booting '(5) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Sep 16 20:16:14 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 20:16
[Tue Sep 16 20:17:18 2008] : Aliatra: "I just wished we'd have had a chance to ask him some questions"
[Tue Sep 16 20:18:18 2008] : Dan: "One can only assume that the being with whom he was aligned would have offered him a fate worse than death in such a circumstance"
[Tue Sep 16 20:18:25 2008] : Priestess Alexis: "I too would have been interested in questioning one who falsely claims allegience with Fiora."
[Tue Sep 16 20:18:45 2008] : Adrin: "We may never know"
[Tue Sep 16 20:19:12 2008] : Aliatra: "Unless we call him back to ask questions"
[Tue Sep 16 20:19:27 2008] : Priestess Alexis: "My knowledge of the Plane of Shadows is limited but I can only assume he wished to enter it via is own death."
[Tue Sep 16 20:19:47 2008] : Dan: "In any way, I fear that there is a village here in much need of your guidance priestess"
[Tue Sep 16 20:20:16 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks uncomfortable as she speaks those words
[Tue Sep 16 20:20:31 2008] : Dan: "Can you do so Ali?"
[Tue Sep 16 20:20:45 2008] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [2,21] = (23)
[Tue Sep 16 20:21:07 2008] : Priestess Alexis: "Quite. I shall discuss the matter with the temple and a suitable priest or priestess shall be found. It is unforgivable that a place such as this should be without guidance."
[Tue Sep 16 20:22:37 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+19] => [17,19] = (36)
[Tue Sep 16 20:22:56 2008] : Aliatra: "I can do that, but not today. And he would not be truly alive, but able to answer a limited amount of questions"
[Tue Sep 16 20:22:58 2008] : Adrin: "Might want to send someone who knows a little about the Plane of Shadows, just in case something comes back"
[Tue Sep 16 20:23:04 2008] : Dan: ooc thinking about what Alexis said about entering the plane of shadow
[Tue Sep 16 20:23:48 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra is thinking of the same thing
[Tue Sep 16 20:23:54 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+10] => [13,10] = (23)
[Tue Sep 16 20:24:03 2008] : Oona: "That wouldn't be me"
[Tue Sep 16 20:24:16 2008] : Priestess Alexis: Dan, Alexis is right. Part of Akbar will linger on in the plane of shadows due to the manner of his death.
[Tue Sep 16 20:25:08 2008] : Priestess Alexis: (to Adrin) "Your advice is noted."
[Tue Sep 16 20:25:16 2008] : Aliatra: [1d4] => [4] = (4)
[Tue Sep 16 20:25:44 2008] : Dan: "So, this mystery is over..."
[Tue Sep 16 20:25:52 2008] : Dan: "What do we do next?"
[Tue Sep 16 20:26:16 2008] : Priestess Alexis: ooc 3000 XP each
[Tue Sep 16 20:26:53 2008] : DM: ooc you do have two clues: Akbar's staff and the view through the portal (a cave in the woods).
[Tue Sep 16 20:28:05 2008] : Dan: ooc what's the XP for level 11??
[Tue Sep 16 20:28:22 2008] : Oona: ooc 55000
[Tue Sep 16 20:29:01 2008] : Dan: ooc thanks... just 469 away!
[Tue Sep 16 20:29:31 2008] : Dan: "I guess that I could start by looking at the staff"
[Tue Sep 16 20:29:45 2008] : Adrin: ooc 1818 for me
[Tue Sep 16 20:29:52 2008] : Adrin: "Be careful Dan"
[Tue Sep 16 20:29:59 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Really? I'm over 3000 away
[Tue Sep 16 20:30:15 2008] : Dan: "Ok Adrin"
[Tue Sep 16 20:30:53 2008] : Oona: ooc I'm over 5000 away
[Tue Sep 16 20:31:12 2008] : Dan: ooc as Bert's usually behind you Ali, I'd suggest you missed something :(
[Tue Sep 16 20:31:45 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I must have, since I miss less games than any of you
[Tue Sep 16 20:31:54 2008] : Adrin: ooc we can add it up later
[Tue Sep 16 20:32:02 2008] : DM: Can I get a spell craft check for the staff?
[Tue Sep 16 20:32:12 2008] : Aliatra: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [20,2] = (22)
[Tue Sep 16 20:32:14 2008] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [12,21] = (33)
[Tue Sep 16 20:32:37 2008] : Dan: Dan spends some time examining the staff
[Tue Sep 16 20:32:42 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+19] => [9,19] = (28)
[Tue Sep 16 20:32:54 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Identify (level 1): Determines properties of magic item
[Tue Sep 16 20:34:06 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra watches as Dan examines
[Tue Sep 16 20:34:32 2008] : DM: The identify spell reveals that it can be used to cast a variant of the dimension door spell: Shadow door.
[Tue Sep 16 20:36:03 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, shadow door eh?"
[Tue Sep 16 20:36:22 2008] : DM: Shadow door opens a temporarily portal via the Plane of Shadows between the location of the staff and a predetermined location within 2 miles. The staff has only 8 charges remaining.
[Tue Sep 16 20:36:25 2008] : Dan: "A variant on Dimension door"
[Tue Sep 16 20:36:55 2008] : DM: The staff also seems to be a focus for a bigger, more powerful conjuration spell. But what exactly you can't determine.
[Tue Sep 16 20:37:49 2008] : Dan: "And... something else. I'm not sure what"
[Tue Sep 16 20:38:31 2008] : Dan: ooc I get +2 to spellcraft vs conjuration (err, maybe learning only though)
[Tue Sep 16 20:38:49 2008] : Adrin: "Not sure sounds bad."
[Tue Sep 16 20:39:30 2008] : DM: It's also +3 and can be used to cast Shadow Conjuration 2x per day.
[Tue Sep 16 20:39:57 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, shadow conjuration"
[Tue Sep 16 20:40:06 2008] : Dan: "It's also a magical weapon"
[Tue Sep 16 20:40:52 2008] : Oona: "I don't like it when Dan is not sure"
[Tue Sep 16 20:40:59 2008] : Aliatra: "A versatile piece of wood"
[Tue Sep 16 20:41:11 2008] : Dan: "Heh, indeed Ali"
[Tue Sep 16 20:41:56 2008] : Dan: "Yes Oona, I'm not particularly happy about it either"
[Tue Sep 16 20:42:21 2008] : Adrin: "Worth getting a second opinion?"
[Tue Sep 16 20:42:50 2008] : Dan: "Probably, someone who can cast an Analyse Dweomer spell"
[Tue Sep 16 20:43:27 2008] : Adrin: Adrin checks his pockets "Sorry all out today"
[Tue Sep 16 20:43:50 2008] : Aliatra: "I hope you're not asking me"
[Tue Sep 16 20:43:53 2008] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Sep 16 20:44:10 2008] : Dan: "No Ali, it's a high level arcane spell"
[Tue Sep 16 20:44:22 2008] : Dan: "Beyond any of us here"
[Tue Sep 16 20:44:58 2008] : Dan: "We could take it to the city and see what we can find, although I'm not certain how welcome we'll be at the wizard's guild"
[Tue Sep 16 20:45:24 2008] : Aliatra: "Why would the wizards be trouble for us?"
[Tue Sep 16 20:45:54 2008] : Dan: Dan raises an eyebrow
[Tue Sep 16 20:46:47 2008] : DM: ooc I recall an incident at an archeological investigation.
[Tue Sep 16 20:46:48 2008] : Dan: "Well, we harly left the cavern exploring party on the best of terms"
[Tue Sep 16 20:47:03 2008] : Oona: ooc Craig, can I borrow your memory?
[Tue Sep 16 20:47:21 2008] : Oona: Oona smiles
[Tue Sep 16 20:47:27 2008] : Aliatra: "I doubt they would talk about that too loudly, they had lots of egg on their faces"
[Tue Sep 16 20:47:31 2008] : Adrin: "Oh that, Surely they'll have forgotten about by now"
[Tue Sep 16 20:47:31 2008] : Oona: "Indeed. I guess they do not recall us fondly"
[Tue Sep 16 20:47:32 2008] : Dan: ooc you can try, but it's plugged in and is quite distant ;)
[Tue Sep 16 20:49:43 2008] : Dan: "Otherwise, the thought of shadow doors reminds me of the view through the one Akbar tried to escape through"
[Tue Sep 16 20:50:13 2008] : Adrin: "You think he has a secret hideout somewhere?"
[Tue Sep 16 20:50:41 2008] : Dan: "Quite likely. And probably within a radius of a couple of miles"
[Tue Sep 16 20:51:10 2008] : Adrin: "Any idea of the range of that shadow door?"
[Tue Sep 16 20:51:36 2008] : Aliatra: "So where could it be? Would it be guarded by a rather strange and gruesome bear, perhaps?"
[Tue Sep 16 20:51:57 2008] : Dan: "Let's try and remember as many details as possible"
[Tue Sep 16 20:52:12 2008] : Dan: "Maybe the local scout's apprentice can help us"
[Tue Sep 16 20:52:33 2008] : Dan: "What do you remember seeing through the door?"
[Tue Sep 16 20:53:24 2008] : Dan: "There was a cave..."
[Tue Sep 16 20:53:32 2008] : DM: ooc From the brief glimpse of through the portal you see trees, a stream and the dark mouth of a cave.
[Tue Sep 16 20:53:51 2008] : Aliatra: "Trees I remember"
[Tue Sep 16 20:54:28 2008] : Dan: "Perhaps I can sketch it from memory"
[Tue Sep 16 20:54:52 2008] : Dan: Dan takes out his paper and pencils and begins to draw
[Tue Sep 16 20:55:02 2008] : Dan: "Help me with details as I draw"
[Tue Sep 16 20:55:08 2008] : Dan: Craft: Painting Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [16,8] = (24)
[Tue Sep 16 20:55:38 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra closes her eyes as she tries to remember
[Tue Sep 16 20:55:52 2008] : DM: You only saw it for a few seconds so while the drawing is good you're not sure it's really right.
[Tue Sep 16 20:56:01 2008] : Dan: ooc good enough
[Tue Sep 16 20:56:20 2008] : Dan: "OK, let's take this to the apprentice boy and see if he can help"
[Tue Sep 16 20:56:38 2008] : Dan: "I think I'll put this staff in the haversack again"
[Tue Sep 16 20:57:04 2008] : Aliatra: "Do that, it is too dangerous to just have it lying around"
[Tue Sep 16 20:57:10 2008] : Dan: "Not knowing the purpose of presumably the most powerful spell, I'd rather not use it!"
[Tue Sep 16 20:58:02 2008] : Adrin: ooc phone
[Tue Sep 16 20:58:55 2008] : Oona: "Sounds reasonable"
[Tue Sep 16 20:58:59 2008] : Jak: "Hello. Have you come to ask more questions?"
[Tue Sep 16 21:00:24 2008] : Dan: Dan waits for the others to speak
[Tue Sep 16 21:01:02 2008] : Aliatra: "We were wondering if you could help us find a specific spot"
[Tue Sep 16 21:01:52 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra motions for Dan to give her the sketch
[Tue Sep 16 21:02:25 2008] : Jak: "I know most places hereabout."
[Tue Sep 16 21:03:00 2008] : Dan: Dan passes the sketch over
[Tue Sep 16 21:03:01 2008] : Aliatra: "The place we seek is very similar to this drawing"
[Tue Sep 16 21:04:02 2008] : Jak: Jak looks at it. "Well it could be a few of places, know anything more about it?"
[Tue Sep 16 21:04:51 2008] : Aliatra: "Strange things might be going on around there and weird animals might appear and disappear again, possibly"
[Tue Sep 16 21:07:15 2008] : Dan: "It could be close to where you took us lat time maybe?"
[Tue Sep 16 21:07:17 2008] : Jak: "Not heard of anything like that but I reckon it has to be Spider Cave, it's deep in the thickest part of the woods and no one goes there."
[Tue Sep 16 21:07:51 2008] : Jak: "All sorts could be going on in the dark corners of the woods without anyone noticing for a while."
[Tue Sep 16 21:08:35 2008] : Aliatra: "I bet"
[Tue Sep 16 21:08:40 2008] : Dan: "Sounds favourite then"
[Tue Sep 16 21:08:43 2008] : Jak: "You want me to take you there?"
[Tue Sep 16 21:09:06 2008] : Oona: "If you are up to it, yes"
[Tue Sep 16 21:09:08 2008] : Aliatra: "Yes, please"
[Tue Sep 16 21:09:57 2008] : Jak: "Follow me close then."
[Tue Sep 16 21:10:10 2008] : Dan: "You can take us there and leave when you like"
[Tue Sep 16 21:10:48 2008] : Aliatra: "Don't worry, I'm not letting out of my sight in the middle of the woods"
[Tue Sep 16 21:10:54 2008] : Jak: Jak leads you on hidden paths through the forest for a couple of hours, until you reach the dark mouth of the cave. Something chitters from within the cave.
[Tue Sep 16 21:11:07 2008] : Jak: "Er. I'll leave you here then? I don't much like the sound of that!"
[Tue Sep 16 21:11:14 2008] : Aliatra: "Jal, what's that sound?"
[Tue Sep 16 21:11:32 2008] : Oona: "Spider cave? Let me guess. Spiders?"
[Tue Sep 16 21:11:44 2008] : Oona: ooc /me sees herself in that cellar in Beregost :)
[Tue Sep 16 21:11:53 2008] : Jak: "There are rumours of other, darker creatures."
[Tue Sep 16 21:11:55 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Sep 16 21:12:03 2008] : Dan: "Thanks Jak, you've done more than enough"
[Tue Sep 16 21:12:05 2008] : Adrin: ooc back. Sis wanted laptop advice :(
[Tue Sep 16 21:12:25 2008] : Adrin: "Thanks Jak. You're a brave lad"
[Tue Sep 16 21:12:30 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Better not answer the phone on gamenight then ;)
[Tue Sep 16 21:12:58 2008] : Jak: "Good luck" he says as a waves a farewell and heads back.
[Tue Sep 16 21:13:42 2008] : Dan: "Well, the righ cave or no, this looks to be the sort of place that has a nasty creature problem that needs fixing"
[Tue Sep 16 21:14:16 2008] : DM: ooc one moment, the contents of the cave have changed so many times in my mind I just need a few minutes to set some stuff up.
[Tue Sep 16 21:14:24 2008] : Aliatra: "If it's spiders we hear, some fire spells might do the trick"
[Tue Sep 16 21:14:45 2008] : Adrin: "Unless they are Fire Spiders"
[Tue Sep 16 21:15:22 2008] : Dan: Dan grins at Adrin
[Tue Sep 16 21:18:35 2008] : Aliatra: "Then we just need to freeze them"
[Tue Sep 16 21:25:06 2008] : Aliatra: "Are we going in?"
[Tue Sep 16 21:25:07 2008] : DM: What next?
[Tue Sep 16 21:25:13 2008] : Oona: Oona observes the surroundings to make sure she gets the lay of the cave entrance, looking for a place to hide
[Tue Sep 16 21:25:34 2008] : Oona: Oona notches an arrow
[Tue Sep 16 21:25:40 2008] : Adrin: Adrin draws his sword and moves forward
[Tue Sep 16 21:25:55 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Mirror Image (level 2): Creates decoy duplicates of you (1d4 +1 per three levels, max 8) ==> [1d4+3] => [1,3] = (4) images (Image AC = 15; Duration - 1 minute per level)
[Tue Sep 16 21:26:09 2008] : DM: The cave walls are craggy, offering limited places to try and hide.
[Tue Sep 16 21:26:31 2008] : Adrin: ooc I assume its dark in here?
[Tue Sep 16 21:27:21 2008] : DM: ooc yes.
[Tue Sep 16 21:27:30 2008] : Adrin: "Dan, can you light up my sword? I can't see a thing in there"
[Tue Sep 16 21:28:14 2008] : Dan: ooc do we still have the everlasting torches?
[Tue Sep 16 21:29:00 2008] : Dan: ooc a summoned archon cast them - I'm not sure if the spell should have ended when he was unsummoned
[Tue Sep 16 21:29:04 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra activates her ring of Light
[Tue Sep 16 21:29:43 2008] : DM: ooc er. I don't see why they wouldn't still be around.
[Tue Sep 16 21:29:47 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra has her sword in both hands
[Tue Sep 16 21:30:13 2008] : Adrin: ooc whats the details on the torches?
[Tue Sep 16 21:30:34 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Wouldn't that be like an enchanted item becoming unenchanted because the spellcaster dies? I think the magic still holds
[Tue Sep 16 21:31:12 2008] : Adrin: ooc bit different (ie complicated) as its from a summon
[Tue Sep 16 21:31:24 2008] : Dan: ooc equivalent to a normal torch
[Tue Sep 16 21:31:58 2008] : Dan: ooc it's a continual flame spell
[Tue Sep 16 21:32:14 2008] : Adrin: ooc heat etc? Thinking if I stuffed it down between my back and backpack
[Tue Sep 16 21:32:24 2008] : Aliatra: ooc No heat
[Tue Sep 16 21:32:27 2008] : Dan: Dan relies on his low-light vision and the light of the others
[Tue Sep 16 21:32:27 2008] : Adrin: ooc ah no heat then
[Tue Sep 16 21:32:55 2008] : Dan: ooc no heat, and it can be covered to stop it showing
[Tue Sep 16 21:33:05 2008] : Dan: "Shall we head in?"
[Tue Sep 16 21:33:17 2008] : Aliatra: "Yes, let's"
[Tue Sep 16 21:33:36 2008] : Adrin: Adrin pushes one of the torches between his backpack and back so that it sticks up over his head
[Tue Sep 16 21:33:38 2008] : Oona: "Yes."
[Tue Sep 16 21:33:49 2008] : Oona: Oona prepares a potion on her belt
[Tue Sep 16 21:33:51 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Nifty ;)
[Tue Sep 16 21:33:52 2008] : Adrin: Adrin moves in
[Tue Sep 16 21:34:10 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra joins Adrin, sword in hands
[Tue Sep 16 21:36:36 2008] : DM: You enter the cave and after going down a short passage you enter a large cavern, clambering up the cavern walls above head night are three shadowly creatures with the head and torso of elvish apperance and the body and legs of a giant spider.
[Tue Sep 16 21:36:57 2008] : DM: Initiative
[Tue Sep 16 21:37:01 2008] : Dan: Dan follows, sword in hand
[Tue Sep 16 21:37:04 2008] : Aliatra: "Weird, and a bit creepy"
[Tue Sep 16 21:37:04 2008] : Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+3] => [19,3] = (22)
[Tue Sep 16 21:37:07 2008] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [10,5] = (15)
[Tue Sep 16 21:37:08 2008] : DM: [120+2] => 122
[Tue Sep 16 21:37:12 2008] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [11,7] = (18)
[Tue Sep 16 21:37:13 2008] : DM: [1d20+2] => [19,2] = (21)
[Tue Sep 16 21:37:26 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [4,11] = (15)
[Tue Sep 16 21:37:34 2008] : Adrin: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [18,5] = (23)
[Tue Sep 16 21:38:07 2008] : Oona: Initiative: [1d20+10] => [15,10] = (25)
[Tue Sep 16 21:38:11 2008] : DM: They look to be shadow tainted driders. Be wary of their poisonous bites and their spell casting abilities,
[Tue Sep 16 21:38:17 2008] : Oona: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [11,5] = (16)
[Tue Sep 16 21:38:32 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks at the creatures
[Tue Sep 16 21:38:35 2008] : Adrin: Adrin relays his knowledge to the others
[Tue Sep 16 21:38:36 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+10] => [3,10] = (13)
[Tue Sep 16 21:38:50 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [12,6] = (18)
[Tue Sep 16 21:39:04 2008] : Oona: "Not cool"
[Tue Sep 16 21:39:07 2008] : Aliatra: "Spell casting? I don't like the sound of that"
[Tue Sep 16 21:39:24 2008] : DM: Oona, your turn.
[Tue Sep 16 21:39:31 2008] : Oona: Oona gulps a potion and advances so as to stay mildly covered and aim at the driders.
[Tue Sep 16 21:39:36 2008] : Oona: Potion: Haste.
[Tue Sep 16 21:40:12 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Sep 16 21:40:15 2008] : DM: You get one attack (because of the haste potion).
[Tue Sep 16 21:40:32 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (base): [1d20+15] => [14,15] = (29) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [3,5] = (8)
[Tue Sep 16 21:40:32 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (second): [1d20+10] => [9,10] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [3,5] = (8)
[Tue Sep 16 21:40:37 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Sep 16 21:40:45 2008] : DM: Sneak attack (they're flatfooted)
[Tue Sep 16 21:40:56 2008] : Oona: 2
[Tue Sep 16 21:40:59 2008] : Oona: on 2 that is
[Tue Sep 16 21:41:06 2008] : Oona: ducking, piercing, slashing...: Sneak attack: [5d6] => [4,5,3,2,6] = (20)
[Tue Sep 16 21:41:12 2008] : DM: DC13 miss chance.
[Tue Sep 16 21:41:23 2008] : Oona: [1d20] => [4] = (4)
[Tue Sep 16 21:42:04 2008] : DM: Your arrow passes straight through the indistinct and shadowy creature and clatters harmlessly against the cavern wall.
[Tue Sep 16 21:42:14 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Sep 16 21:42:33 2008] : Adrin: Adrin (rather predicatably) flys into a rage and charges #2
[Tue Sep 16 21:42:45 2008] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+19] => [12,19] = (31) ===> Damage: [2d6+11+1d6] => [6,1,11,2] = (20)
[Tue Sep 16 21:42:45 2008] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (second): [1d20+14] => [14,14] = (28) ===> Damage: [2d6+11+1d6] => [5,2,11,5] = (23)
[Tue Sep 16 21:42:50 2008] : Adrin: [1d20] => [15] = (15)
[Tue Sep 16 21:43:30 2008] : DM: You swing your sword above your head and strike the creatures legs, causing a deep wound that oozes ichor.
[Tue Sep 16 21:43:45 2008] : Adrin: Done
[Tue Sep 16 21:44:47 2008] : Driders: The driders chitter angrily clamber further up the walls and and cast spells (all casting mage armor).
[Tue Sep 16 21:45:18 2008] : Driders: ooc hang on, need to look up climb DCs.
[Tue Sep 16 21:45:36 2008] : Adrin: ooc AoO?
[Tue Sep 16 21:46:31 2008] : Driders: Yes
[Tue Sep 16 21:46:34 2008] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+19] => [11,19] = (30) ===> Damage: [2d6+11+1d6] => [6,6,11,6] = (29)
[Tue Sep 16 21:46:35 2008] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (second): [1d20+14] => [11,14] = (25) ===> Damage: [2d6+11+1d6] => [4,3,11,6] = (24)
[Tue Sep 16 21:46:45 2008] : Adrin: [1d20] => [17] = (17)
[Tue Sep 16 21:46:59 2008] : Driders: Adrin kills one of the driders as it tries to clamber out of reach.
[Tue Sep 16 21:47:12 2008] : Driders: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [14,14] = (28)
[Tue Sep 16 21:47:13 2008] : Driders: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [6,14] = (20)
[Tue Sep 16 21:47:19 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Nice one!
[Tue Sep 16 21:48:15 2008] : Driders: One of drivers cllimbs up onto the ceiling and clings on, well out of reach of hand weapons. The other is still on the wall but almost out of reach (+2 AC bs hand weapons)
[Tue Sep 16 21:48:31 2008] : Driders: Aliatra?
[Tue Sep 16 21:48:35 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra loses her sword and draws her bow, after watching Oona's unsuccessful attack
[Tue Sep 16 21:48:45 2008] : Aliatra: Aiming at #3
[Tue Sep 16 21:48:47 2008] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, Ghost Touch (base): [1d20+15] => [13,15] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d8+5] => [1,5] = (6)
[Tue Sep 16 21:48:47 2008] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, Ghost Touch (second): [1d20+10] => [19,10] = (29) ===> Damage: [1d8+5] => [6,5] = (11)
[Tue Sep 16 21:48:50 2008] : DM: The driders have unfaded.
[Tue Sep 16 21:49:03 2008] : DM: DC5 miss chance
[Tue Sep 16 21:49:16 2008] : Aliatra: [1d20] => [3] = (3)
[Tue Sep 16 21:49:27 2008] : DM: And again
[Tue Sep 16 21:49:35 2008] : Aliatra: [1d20] => [11] = (11)
[Tue Sep 16 21:50:03 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Miss on a 3? I don't believe it! What in the name of sanity ...
[Tue Sep 16 21:50:06 2008] : DM: ooc Only one attack, your sheathed your weapon.
[Tue Sep 16 21:50:24 2008] : DM: Your arrow passes through the drider harmlessly.
[Tue Sep 16 21:50:27 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Sep 16 21:50:43 2008] : Dan: Dan steps forwards
[Tue Sep 16 21:50:51 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Why did I miss anyway, with a Ghost touch weapon?
[Tue Sep 16 21:51:03 2008] : DM: ooc oh sorry, missed that.
[Tue Sep 16 21:51:04 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 5 Missiles on one target: [5d4+5] => [2,2,2,4,1,5] = (16) damage
[Tue Sep 16 21:51:07 2008] : DM: ooc you hit.
[Tue Sep 16 21:51:16 2008] : Aliatra: ooc :-D
[Tue Sep 16 21:51:16 2008] : Dan: ooc on #3
[Tue Sep 16 21:51:18 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Sep 16 21:51:36 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Sep 16 21:51:55 2008] : Oona: Oona aims at number 1, as it tries to get away, her hands fly from her quiver to her bow back and forth as if they were dancing
[Tue Sep 16 21:51:59 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (base): [1d20+15] => [8,15] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [5,5] = (10)
[Tue Sep 16 21:51:59 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (second): [1d20+10] => [13,10] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [1,5] = (6)
[Tue Sep 16 21:52:01 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (base): [1d20+15] => [20,15] = (35) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [1,5] = (6)
[Tue Sep 16 21:52:01 2008] : Oona: Critical hit? [1d20+15] => [4,15] = (19) ===> Damage: [3d6+15] => [1,3,2,15] = (21)
[Tue Sep 16 21:52:01 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (second): [1d20+10] => [9,10] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [6,5] = (11)
[Tue Sep 16 21:52:07 2008] : Oona: first three?
[Tue Sep 16 21:52:12 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Love that flavour text :)
[Tue Sep 16 21:52:19 2008] : DM: Yep, DC5 miss chance.
[Tue Sep 16 21:52:33 2008] : Oona: ooc btw, +1 attack roll from the Haste
[Tue Sep 16 21:52:37 2008] : Oona: [1d20] => [14] = (14)
[Tue Sep 16 21:52:41 2008] : Oona: [1d20] => [2] = (2)
[Tue Sep 16 21:52:42 2008] : Oona: [1d20] => [18] = (18)
[Tue Sep 16 21:52:55 2008] : Adrin: ooc which one is almost out of reach?
[Tue Sep 16 21:52:56 2008] : Oona: ooc or just once? :)
[Tue Sep 16 21:53:11 2008] : Aliatra: ooc One per attack
[Tue Sep 16 21:53:33 2008] : DM: One arrow strikes the drider in the arm, one misses and the other strikes in between one of it's chitenous plates where it lodges deep into the flesh underneath.
[Tue Sep 16 21:53:34 2008] : Aliatra: ooc i.e. one per arrow fired
[Tue Sep 16 21:53:58 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Sep 16 21:54:26 2008] : DM: Adrin, #1 is out of reach but #3 is just about reachable.
[Tue Sep 16 21:55:05 2008] : Adrin: Adrin takes a running jump at #3 and does his best to hit it
[Tue Sep 16 21:55:19 2008] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+19] => [10,19] = (29) ===> Damage: [2d6+11+1d6] => [3,6,11,3] = (23)
[Tue Sep 16 21:55:19 2008] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (second): [1d20+14] => [14,14] = (28) ===> Damage: [2d6+11+1d6] => [3,1,11,4] = (19)
[Tue Sep 16 21:55:21 2008] : Adrin: [1d20] => [3] = (3)
[Tue Sep 16 21:55:27 2008] : Adrin: ooc gah
[Tue Sep 16 21:55:47 2008] : DM: Your sword swooshes through nothing.
[Tue Sep 16 21:56:03 2008] : Adrin: ooc "swoosh" :)
[Tue Sep 16 21:56:30 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Just one swing?
[Tue Sep 16 21:56:35 2008] : Driders: The driders cast spells...
[Tue Sep 16 21:56:42 2008] : Driders: Concetration Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [4,9] = (13)
[Tue Sep 16 21:57:01 2008] : Aliatra: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [6,2] = (8)
[Tue Sep 16 21:57:19 2008] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [9,21] = (30)
[Tue Sep 16 21:57:20 2008] : Driders: ooc actually it's out of reach for an AoO.
[Tue Sep 16 21:57:47 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Adrin can reach #3 (if he jumps)
[Tue Sep 16 21:57:49 2008] : Driders: Two bolts of sparking electricty leap from their fingers and strike Oona, Dan and Aliatra.
[Tue Sep 16 21:57:54 2008] : Driders: Reflex saves.
[Tue Sep 16 21:58:03 2008] : Aliatra: Reflex save: [1d20+6] => [6,6] = (12)
[Tue Sep 16 21:58:19 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Ouch?
[Tue Sep 16 21:58:19 2008] : Driders: The spells are lightning bolts
[Tue Sep 16 21:58:38 2008] : Driders: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [18,14] = (32)
[Tue Sep 16 21:58:44 2008] : Dan: "Lightning bolt"
[Tue Sep 16 21:58:55 2008] : Dan: Reflex save: [1d20+12] => [15,12] = (27)
[Tue Sep 16 21:58:57 2008] : Oona: Reflex (+1 vs traps, improved evasion) save: [1d20+14] => [5,14] = (19)
[Tue Sep 16 21:59:08 2008] : Driders: The second drider climbs up onto the ceiling.
[Tue Sep 16 21:59:17 2008] : Driders: [6d6] => [4,5,6,1,1,1] = (18)
[Tue Sep 16 21:59:17 2008] : Oona: ooc +1 with haste
[Tue Sep 16 21:59:39 2008] : Dan: Dan looks totally unharmed
[Tue Sep 16 22:00:03 2008] : Driders: Aliatra, taek 18 electricty damage, Dan, take 9, and Oona nimbly leaps out of the way, lithly twisting her body as the bolt passes her by.
[Tue Sep 16 22:00:23 2008] : Dan: ooc electricity resistance 10/-
[Tue Sep 16 22:00:26 2008] : Driders: Aliatra?
[Tue Sep 16 22:01:41 2008] : Aliatra: Shooting #3 again
[Tue Sep 16 22:02:15 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra aims carefully as she tries to shoot the drider nearest Adrin
[Tue Sep 16 22:02:19 2008] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, Ghost Touch (base): [1d20+15] => [14,15] = (29) ===> Damage: [1d8+5] => [8,5] = (13)
[Tue Sep 16 22:02:20 2008] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, Ghost Touch (second): [1d20+10] => [5,10] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d8+5] => [1,5] = (6)
[Tue Sep 16 22:02:33 2008] : DM: One possible hit
[Tue Sep 16 22:02:54 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Still Ghost Touch
[Tue Sep 16 22:03:06 2008] : DM: ooc bah. Forgot again, sorry.
[Tue Sep 16 22:03:15 2008] : Aliatra: ooc bp :)
[Tue Sep 16 22:03:26 2008] : Aliatra: ooc np I mean, ofcourse
[Tue Sep 16 22:03:33 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Sep 16 22:03:51 2008] : Dan: Dan moves further into the room
[Tue Sep 16 22:04:02 2008] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray - Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+10] => [19,10] = (29) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [5,3,4,5,0] = (17)
[Tue Sep 16 22:04:03 2008] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray - Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+10] => [11,10] = (21) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [4,6,5,2,0] = (17)
[Tue Sep 16 22:04:09 2008] : Dan: On #1
[Tue Sep 16 22:04:11 2008] : Dan: [1d20] => [19] = (19)
[Tue Sep 16 22:04:12 2008] : Dan: [1d20] => [12] = (12)
[Tue Sep 16 22:04:40 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Sep 16 22:05:01 2008] : DM: A charred and smoking driders falls from the ceiling and lands on the rough stone floor with a cruchy splat.
[Tue Sep 16 22:05:10 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Sep 16 22:06:04 2008] : Oona: OOna again lets her hand wander to and fro and fires faster than the eye can see
[Tue Sep 16 22:06:10 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (base): [1d20+15] => [10,15] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [4,5] = (9)
[Tue Sep 16 22:06:11 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (second): [1d20+10] => [3,10] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [2,5] = (7)
[Tue Sep 16 22:06:12 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (base): [1d20+15] => [1,15] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [3,5] = (8)
[Tue Sep 16 22:06:12 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (second): [1d20+10] => [2,10] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [2,5] = (7)
[Tue Sep 16 22:06:15 2008] : Oona: [1d20] => [16] = (16)
[Tue Sep 16 22:06:15 2008] : Oona: [1d20] => [14] = (14)
[Tue Sep 16 22:06:16 2008] : Oona: [1d20] => [17] = (17)
[Tue Sep 16 22:06:29 2008] : Oona: ooc +1 to attack from haste
[Tue Sep 16 22:07:13 2008] : DM: One arrow hits, and the drider drips stinking ichor over Adrin below.
[Tue Sep 16 22:07:40 2008] : DM: Adrin? You can't reach the drider any more but it looks near death.
[Tue Sep 16 22:08:03 2008] : Adrin: Adrin backs up a little, drops his sword, draws his bow and attacks #3
[Tue Sep 16 22:08:06 2008] : Adrin: Longbow, composite STR +3 (base): [1d20+13] => [18,13] = (31) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [7,3] = (10)
[Tue Sep 16 22:08:07 2008] : Adrin: Longbow, composite STR +3 (second): [1d20+8] => [2,8] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [7,3] = (10)
[Tue Sep 16 22:08:10 2008] : Adrin: [1d20] => [9] = (9)
[Tue Sep 16 22:08:28 2008] : Aliatra: ooc That's got to piss Adrin off, almost thead and not able to reach it
[Tue Sep 16 22:08:36 2008] : Aliatra: ooc dead
[Tue Sep 16 22:09:16 2008] : DM: Your arrow kills your last drider and it drops to the ground twitching for a few seconds before lying still.
[Tue Sep 16 22:09:47 2008] : Adrin: "Those things are big!. Are you all ok?"
[Tue Sep 16 22:10:13 2008] : DM: ooc 1125 XP each.
[Tue Sep 16 22:10:55 2008] : Aliatra: "I'm fine, just a bit singed"
[Tue Sep 16 22:12:19 2008] : Dan: ooc ka-ching!
[Tue Sep 16 22:12:23 2008] : Dan: [1d4] => [4] = (4)
[Tue Sep 16 22:12:27 2008] : Dan: ooc woot!
[Tue Sep 16 22:12:29 2008] : Adrin: ooc grats
[Tue Sep 16 22:12:30 2008] : Aliatra: "Anybody needs medical attention?"
[Tue Sep 16 22:12:42 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Nice one! :)
[Tue Sep 16 22:13:47 2008] : Dan: "not me Ali"
[Tue Sep 16 22:14:00 2008] : Adrin: "I'm fine"
[Tue Sep 16 22:14:20 2008] : Dan: ooc let's rest, then I get level 6 spells ;)
[Tue Sep 16 22:16:02 2008] : Adrin: ooc slacker!
[Tue Sep 16 22:16:12 2008] : Aliatra: "Well, a spell and a good night and I'm fine as well. What's to find in this cave, except corpses? Oona, care to take a look around?"
[Tue Sep 16 22:16:15 2008] : Oona (enter): 22:16
[Tue Sep 16 22:16:20 2008] : Aliatra: ooc brb
[Tue Sep 16 22:16:24 2008] : Oona: Booting '(4) Oona' from server...
[Tue Sep 16 22:16:25 2008] : Oona (exit): 22:16
[Tue Sep 16 22:16:28 2008] : Aliatra: "Well, a spell and a good night and I'm fine as well. What's to find in this cave, except corpses? Oona, care to take a look around?"
[Tue Sep 16 22:16:31 2008] : Oona: ooc hmpf
[Tue Sep 16 22:16:39 2008] : Oona: "Yes, will do"
[Tue Sep 16 22:16:51 2008] : DM: ooc did you see the 1125 XP?
[Tue Sep 16 22:16:54 2008] : Oona: Oona takes her time to search around the cave
[Tue Sep 16 22:17:00 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+16] => [3,16] = (19)
[Tue Sep 16 22:17:08 2008] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Sep 16 22:17:12 2008] : Aliatra: ooc brb
[Tue Sep 16 22:17:13 2008] : Oona: taking 20 plus goggles :)
[Tue Sep 16 22:17:19 2008] : Oona: ooc I did.
[Tue Sep 16 22:18:10 2008] : DM: The passage out leads to a smaller cavern with a circle about 3 m in diameter drawn on the ground. A small hole like a thing post hold at it's centre.
[Tue Sep 16 22:18:37 2008] : DM: A book and a candle rests on a ledge on the eastern wall of this room.
[Tue Sep 16 22:19:15 2008] : DM: The book as been trapped with a magical rune. It will trigger if it's moved or opened.
[Tue Sep 16 22:19:45 2008] : Oona: "Huh. That's a trap I can't do anything about, really"
[Tue Sep 16 22:19:51 2008] : Oona: "At least, I don't think"
[Tue Sep 16 22:19:59 2008] : Oona: "Dan, maybe you can figure that one out?"
[Tue Sep 16 22:20:01 2008] : Dan: "Oona, you are the only one who can"
[Tue Sep 16 22:20:02 2008] : DM: ooc rogues can disarm magical traps.
[Tue Sep 16 22:20:08 2008] : Oona: ooc ah? ok :)
[Tue Sep 16 22:20:23 2008] : DM: ooc in fact only rogues can disarm them.
[Tue Sep 16 22:20:36 2008] : Oona: "OK, I a m going to try this"
[Tue Sep 16 22:20:46 2008] : Adrin: ooc back
[Tue Sep 16 22:20:48 2008] : Oona: "Everyone stays back I am not sure what this will do"
[Tue Sep 16 22:21:02 2008] : Oona: oçoc another search check to study the trap?
[Tue Sep 16 22:21:52 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+16] => [14,16] = (30)
[Tue Sep 16 22:21:53 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra stays away from Oona and the trap
[Tue Sep 16 22:22:03 2008] : Aliatra: "Just be very careful, please"
[Tue Sep 16 22:22:20 2008] : Oona: oona concentrates on the intricate balance of the trap, trying to see where to start to disarm it
[Tue Sep 16 22:22:28 2008] : Oona: Disable Device Skill Check: [1d20+19] => [13,19] = (32)
[Tue Sep 16 22:23:13 2008] : Oona: Oona moves her hands deftly, pushing and pulling with her tools little mechanisms and almost inivisble cogs and pegs
[Tue Sep 16 22:23:32 2008] : DM: Okay.
[Tue Sep 16 22:24:32 2008] : Oona: "Now, I think I've done it"
[Tue Sep 16 22:24:36 2008] : Oona: "We"ll see"
[Tue Sep 16 22:25:18 2008] : DM: Where's everyone?
[Tue Sep 16 22:25:23 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra holds her breath
[Tue Sep 16 22:25:40 2008] : Oona: Oona slowly approaches the book and lifts it from the ledge
[Tue Sep 16 22:25:51 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Looking at Oona, but not interfering
[Tue Sep 16 22:26:04 2008] : Oona: ooc I suppose I'm there?
[Tue Sep 16 22:26:50 2008] : DM: FWOOMPH! A blazing ball of fire explodes from the book engulfing the room with a burning cloud that sears your flesh and cloths and starts to singe the edges of the book in your hands.
[Tue Sep 16 22:26:54 2008] : DM: Reflex save Oona.
[Tue Sep 16 22:27:07 2008] : Oona: Reflex (+1 vs traps, improved evasion) save: [1d20+14] => [8,14] = (22)
[Tue Sep 16 22:27:18 2008] : Oona: ok, it's a +3 vs trap
[Tue Sep 16 22:27:21 2008] : Oona: for the record :P
[Tue Sep 16 22:27:37 2008] : Aliatra: "Oona!"
[Tue Sep 16 22:27:40 2008] : Adrin: ooc you really need to update Oonas sheet
[Tue Sep 16 22:27:57 2008] : Oona: Oona holds on tight to the book, trying to prevent it from burning
[Tue Sep 16 22:28:09 2008] : DM: Your duck and roll away from the growing ball of burning gas and only your eyebrows are slightly toasted.
[Tue Sep 16 22:28:14 2008] : Oona: ooc I can't do it while orpg is running ;)
[Tue Sep 16 22:28:25 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra runs towards Oona
[Tue Sep 16 22:29:12 2008] : DM: 1200 XP
[Tue Sep 16 22:29:13 2008] : Oona: Oona nimbly gets on her feet and runs away, book in hand.
[Tue Sep 16 22:29:23 2008] : Oona: "Get the hell out of this room"
[Tue Sep 16 22:29:41 2008] : Adrin: ooc DM: everyone or just oona?
[Tue Sep 16 22:29:43 2008] : DM: The incindary cloud burns itself out after 15 rounds.
[Tue Sep 16 22:29:47 2008] : DM: ooc everyone.
[Tue Sep 16 22:30:09 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra turns around
[Tue Sep 16 22:30:11 2008] : Adrin: ooc 1200 xp for watching someone make a hash of disabling a trap :D
[Tue Sep 16 22:30:19 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Sep 16 22:30:19 2008] : DM: Oona's swift actions have saved the book from the fires.
[Tue Sep 16 22:30:28 2008] : Adrin: "Oona, are you ok?"
[Tue Sep 16 22:30:31 2008] : DM: ooc I don't make the rules.
[Tue Sep 16 22:30:49 2008] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Sep 16 22:30:59 2008] : Adrin: ooc but you gotta admit, thats bizarre
[Tue Sep 16 22:31:01 2008] : Dan: "Yeah, wow!"
[Tue Sep 16 22:31:14 2008] : Aliatra: "Do you need healing?"
[Tue Sep 16 22:31:58 2008] : Oona: "I am good"
[Tue Sep 16 22:33:57 2008] : Oona: "Don't worry about me"
[Tue Sep 16 22:34:13 2008] : Aliatra: "You are, but you scared me half to death"
[Tue Sep 16 22:34:23 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra grins at Oona
[Tue Sep 16 22:34:43 2008] : Adrin: "So lets see if the risk was worth it"
[Tue Sep 16 22:35:13 2008] : Oona: "Well, know that where you excell in things of magic, I am better at things of this earth"
[Tue Sep 16 22:35:23 2008] : Oona: "And when I say "stay back, you stay back!"
[Tue Sep 16 22:35:49 2008] : Oona: Oona looks at the book and examines it for further mischief hidden in the pages
[Tue Sep 16 22:35:58 2008] : DM: The books is safe now.
[Tue Sep 16 22:36:18 2008] : DM: The text is in draconic.
[Tue Sep 16 22:36:47 2008] : DM: It looks to be an old book, certainly older than Akbar was so he wasn't the author.
[Tue Sep 16 22:37:57 2008] : Dan: "Let me take a look"
[Tue Sep 16 22:38:31 2008] : Dan: Dan waits to be handed the book then begins to skim through it
[Tue Sep 16 22:41:17 2008] : DM: It's mostly confused ramblings of shadows, death and darkness. The only thing of note within the text is an incantation. There's nothing saying what it does or how exactly to use it but the author talks of a focus, a circle and he (or she?) seems pleased over his discovery, calling it the "Way" with a bold capital.
[Tue Sep 16 22:41:29 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra watches over Dan's shoulder, but can't read a singel charecter
[Tue Sep 16 22:42:06 2008] : Dan: "This seems to be the ramblings of someone lost in the arts"
[Tue Sep 16 22:42:29 2008] : Dan: "There's an incantation, but it's unexplained"
[Tue Sep 16 22:42:46 2008] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [20,21] = (41)
[Tue Sep 16 22:42:47 2008] : Adrin: "Sounds dangerous"
[Tue Sep 16 22:42:51 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+19] => [16,19] = (35)
[Tue Sep 16 22:43:51 2008] : Aliatra: "Whatever you do, don't even try it before you understand it"
[Tue Sep 16 22:44:27 2008] : Adrin: [1d10] => [2] = (2)
[Tue Sep 16 22:44:36 2008] : Adrin: ooc poo HP roll :(
[Tue Sep 16 22:44:45 2008] : Dan: "I wouldn't Ali"
[Tue Sep 16 22:45:54 2008] : Dan: "I think it refers to a portal between planes, but I'm not sure about some other parts of it"
[Tue Sep 16 22:46:24 2008] : Dan: "There's talk of a "circle" and a "focus""
[Tue Sep 16 22:47:08 2008] : Aliatra: "Sounds extremely dangerous"
[Tue Sep 16 22:48:07 2008] : Dan: "Well, it may well be that, but perhaps to stop the Shadowman from eating us it will be necessary to use it?"
[Tue Sep 16 22:48:52 2008] : Adrin: "Maybe, but lets not risk it until we have to, or know more about it"
[Tue Sep 16 22:48:55 2008] : Aliatra: "We need to understand it first"
[Tue Sep 16 22:49:22 2008] : Dan: "indeed"
[Tue Sep 16 22:50:00 2008] : Adrin: "Shall we head back to Town?"
[Tue Sep 16 22:50:18 2008] : Oona: "How do a circle and a focus, sound dangerous?"
[Tue Sep 16 22:50:43 2008] : Oona: "In any case, Adrin's solution seems to be the right one"
[Tue Sep 16 22:50:44 2008] : Adrin: "Its shadow magic - it sounds dangerous already"
[Tue Sep 16 22:50:53 2008] : Oona: "That part is, indeed"
[Tue Sep 16 22:51:46 2008] : Dan: "It's the ramblings that sound dangerous to me Oona"
[Tue Sep 16 22:52:12 2008] : Aliatra: "And the fact that even Dan is not sure what that incantation achieves"
[Tue Sep 16 22:52:58 2008] : Dan: "Let me look at the thing in the centre of the room before we leave"
[Tue Sep 16 22:53:47 2008] : Adrin: "Be careful"
[Tue Sep 16 22:55:07 2008] : DM: The circle is just lightly carved onto the rock floor, it's about 3 m (15 ft) in diameter and in the circle is a hole or socket for something round and the diameter of (say) a typical wizard's staff.
[Tue Sep 16 22:55:59 2008] : Dan: "I wonder if Akbar's staff completed this, and this is the circle mentioned in the book?"
[Tue Sep 16 22:56:25 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks at the circle and the rest of the cave and is curious about what might be there
[Tue Sep 16 22:56:34 2008] : Adrin: "Your call Dan. You're the expert"
[Tue Sep 16 22:56:40 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 0: Detect Magic (lvl 0) Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
[Tue Sep 16 22:57:24 2008] : DM: There's nothing magical, neither the circle not the hole, nor the book is magical. (The staff is of course).
[Tue Sep 16 22:58:17 2008] : Dan: "I have an idea that the incantation would open a portal here, but where to?"
[Tue Sep 16 23:00:31 2008] : Adrin: "I think we can probably guess"
[Tue Sep 16 23:00:36 2008] : Oona: "Hmm, before we find out, we might want to go back to town and prod to see if anyone ha heard of it?"
[Tue Sep 16 23:01:16 2008] : Aliatra: "And perhaps find someone who DOES understand that incantation?"
[Tue Sep 16 23:02:11 2008] : Dan: "I'm not suggesting that we try it now"
[Tue Sep 16 23:02:28 2008] : Adrin: "Good!"
[Tue Sep 16 23:02:36 2008] : DM: ooc :(
[Tue Sep 16 23:02:41 2008] : Oona: ooc lol
[Tue Sep 16 23:02:43 2008] : Dan: "Let's head back then"
[Tue Sep 16 23:03:11 2008] : Oona: ooc if that comforts you Dave, I'm completely out of it :)
[Tue Sep 16 23:03:21 2008] : Oona: ooc ie. dead, need to go to bed and all :P
[Tue Sep 16 23:03:31 2008] : DM: GAME END