Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Sep 2 19:36:38 2008] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Sep 2 19:36:38 2008] : Adrin: aye
[Tue Sep 2 19:36:43 2008] : Aliatra: Ready :)
[Tue Sep 2 19:37:11 2008] : Adrin: ooc was intensifying my training schedule with prawn crackers and dip
[Tue Sep 2 19:37:18 2008] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Sep 2 19:37:35 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra thinks back about the bear and tries to remember if she ever heard about anything like it
[Tue Sep 2 19:37:41 2008] : DM: You've interviewed people connected to the four people who died recently. By the time you've finished it's early evening and people are returning to their homes.
[Tue Sep 2 19:37:45 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+10] => [19,10] = (29)
[Tue Sep 2 19:38:22 2008] : DM: The bear was shadow tainted, corrupted by prolonged and close contact with the plane of shadows.
[Tue Sep 2 19:40:30 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra tells the others about what she thinks the bear was
[Tue Sep 2 19:40:54 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, that would make sense. I have heard of such things"
[Tue Sep 2 19:41:42 2008] : Adrin: "A devilish creature. It needed to die"
[Tue Sep 2 19:42:00 2008] : Aliatra: "That also explains the footprints, normally creatures from the plane of shadows don't leave any"
[Tue Sep 2 19:43:00 2008] : Dan: "Yes, I agree."
[Tue Sep 2 19:43:14 2008] : Dan: "And it could also explain why they are patchy at times"
[Tue Sep 2 19:43:52 2008] : Aliatra: "Jumping in and out of a corporeal condition will do that"
[Tue Sep 2 19:45:10 2008] : Adrin: "So, we've got evidence of something from the plane of shadows, but what else?
[Tue Sep 2 19:45:22 2008] : Dan: "Not a lot"
[Tue Sep 2 19:45:26 2008] : Aliatra: "Not a lot"
[Tue Sep 2 19:46:15 2008] : Aliatra: "Actually, we only have evidence that some creature was in close contact to the plane of shadows, nothing else"
[Tue Sep 2 19:46:59 2008] : Adrin: "But how would such contact occur naturally?"
[Tue Sep 2 19:47:32 2008] : Dan: "It wouldn't, but all we've got is evidence of something odd"
[Tue Sep 2 19:47:41 2008] : Dan: "Nothing incriminating"
[Tue Sep 2 19:48:04 2008] : Dan: "Were we going to talk to the quarryman?"
[Tue Sep 2 19:48:15 2008] : Aliatra: "And nothing pointing towards a culprit"
[Tue Sep 2 19:48:26 2008] : Adrin: "Yeah, may as well talk to him"
[Tue Sep 2 19:48:28 2008] : DM: ooc Larry.
[Tue Sep 2 19:48:52 2008] : DM: You spot Larry coming home from his day working in the clay pits.
[Tue Sep 2 19:49:08 2008] : DM: He muddy and tired.
[Tue Sep 2 19:50:03 2008] : Aliatra: "Are you Larry? Can we buy you a drink?"
[Tue Sep 2 19:50:53 2008] : Larry: "Alright", he says a bit warily. "But who are you? And what do you want."
[Tue Sep 2 19:51:20 2008] : Aliatra: "We just want to talk to you and we're thirsty"
[Tue Sep 2 19:51:43 2008] : Larry: "Okay." He waits for you to move and follows.
[Tue Sep 2 19:52:23 2008] : Adrin: Adrin moves towards the Inn
[Tue Sep 2 19:52:56 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra follows, making sure Larry keeps up
[Tue Sep 2 19:53:35 2008] : Dan: Dan tags along
[Tue Sep 2 19:53:37 2008] : Larry: Soon you're seated in the common room with drinks.
[Tue Sep 2 19:53:52 2008] : Larry: Larry doesn't seem very talkative.
[Tue Sep 2 19:54:26 2008] : Aliatra: "Larry, a lot of things have happened here recently and people are worried"
[Tue Sep 2 19:55:09 2008] : Larry: "They're all accidents. Akbar says so."
[Tue Sep 2 19:55:12 2008] : Aliatra: "We''re asking questions, trying to get to the bottom of it all and hipefully stop the accidents and illnesses"
[Tue Sep 2 19:55:18 2008] : Aliatra: hopefully
[Tue Sep 2 19:56:13 2008] : Larry: "What can you do against the will of the gods? Can you control the weather? The wind and the rain?"
[Tue Sep 2 19:56:48 2008] : Aliatra: "No, but sometimes things are not what they seem and then we might be able to fight against it"
[Tue Sep 2 19:56:57 2008] : Dan: "Tell me Larry..."
[Tue Sep 2 19:57:24 2008] : Dan: "Are the weather, the wind and rain things that will always cause a problem in a clay pit?"
[Tue Sep 2 19:57:29 2008] : Adrin: Adrin starts on his ale
[Tue Sep 2 19:59:01 2008] : Larry: "Yeah, digging wet clay or dry clay or ice cold clay ain't fun I can tell you that."
[Tue Sep 2 19:59:16 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, I thought so"
[Tue Sep 2 19:59:44 2008] : Dan: "So, isn't it the role of a supervisor to monitor the situation and direct the workers to the safe areas"
[Tue Sep 2 19:59:57 2008] : Dan: "Or to evacuate the pit if things are really bad?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:00:46 2008] : Larry: ""Yes... Where are you going with all these questions? I ain't done nothing wrong."
[Tue Sep 2 20:01:14 2008] : Aliatra: "Nobody says you did, Larry"
[Tue Sep 2 20:01:36 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra shoots Dan a quick look, trying to tell him to tread carefully
[Tue Sep 2 20:01:40 2008] : Adrin: "Hmm"
[Tue Sep 2 20:01:55 2008] : Dan: "Have you had any problems with concentration lately?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:02:25 2008] : Larry: "What? Uh. no, I don't think so."
[Tue Sep 2 20:03:53 2008] : Adrin: "Can you tell us what happened on the day of the accident?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:04:54 2008] : Larry: Larry gets up. "I'm not talking to you about the accident."
[Tue Sep 2 20:05:31 2008] : Adrin: "Oh come on Larry, at least finish your drink"
[Tue Sep 2 20:05:58 2008] : Larry: You hear a rumble of thunder. And other people look surprised and you overhear people saying storms are not supposed to happen at this time of year.
[Tue Sep 2 20:06:05 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra almost starts to speak, but shuts up and lets Adrin handle it
[Tue Sep 2 20:06:09 2008] : Dan: "Nobody is blaming you for the accident Larry. "
[Tue Sep 2 20:06:14 2008] : Larry: "No, I'm leaving."
[Tue Sep 2 20:06:34 2008] : Larry: He moves to the door and steps outside.
[Tue Sep 2 20:06:52 2008] : Adrin: "Careful in that weather"
[Tue Sep 2 20:07:27 2008] : DM: You hear fat raindrops begin to fall on the roof. Larry looks up at the sky and grumbles before stalking out into the rain.
[Tue Sep 2 20:07:49 2008] : Aliatra: "Drat, why did he have to leave now? We need more answers"
[Tue Sep 2 20:08:08 2008] : Adrin: "We weren't going to get them from him"
[Tue Sep 2 20:08:13 2008] : DM: There's a sudden, loud crack of thunder....
[Tue Sep 2 20:08:16 2008] : Dan: "I may have been a little too direct"
[Tue Sep 2 20:08:18 2008] : DM: [1d3] => [1] = (1)
[Tue Sep 2 20:08:54 2008] : Dan: Dan moves to the doorway
[Tue Sep 2 20:08:58 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Detect Magic (level 0): Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
[Tue Sep 2 20:09:11 2008] : Adrin: "Whats up Dan?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:09:18 2008] : Dan: Dan concentrates on the sky
[Tue Sep 2 20:09:39 2008] : Aliatra: "O, my gods!"
[Tue Sep 2 20:09:55 2008] : Dan: "Unseasonal weather"
[Tue Sep 2 20:09:59 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra runs to the door and looks out
[Tue Sep 2 20:10:15 2008] : Aliatra: "Larry was just hit by a bolt of lightning!"
[Tue Sep 2 20:10:16 2008] : DM: Dan looking out of the doorway you see Larry, lying still on the wet and muddy path. With your spell you detect that the storms origin is magical.
[Tue Sep 2 20:10:23 2008] : DM: Spot checks.
[Tue Sep 2 20:10:32 2008] : Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [18,2] = (20)
[Tue Sep 2 20:10:32 2008] : Adrin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [12,8] = (20)
[Tue Sep 2 20:11:06 2008] : Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [20,5] = (25)
[Tue Sep 2 20:12:07 2008] : DM: You all spot Akbar across the village green lurking under the eaves of a building looking on. He turns and hurries away in the direction of the temple,
[Tue Sep 2 20:12:57 2008] : Adrin: "If thats not guilt then what is?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:13:00 2008] : DM: One of the villagers moves to Larry and checks him over. He swears and says: "He's dead."
[Tue Sep 2 20:13:02 2008] : Aliatra: "This is not good. What are the chances of Larry bing struck by lightning and Akbar lookinjg on?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:13:21 2008] : Dan (enter): 20:13
[Tue Sep 2 20:13:34 2008] : Dan: oioc did you get my last message?
[Tue Sep 2 20:13:48 2008] : Adrin: ooc nope, only your spot
[Tue Sep 2 20:14:03 2008] : Dan: Booting '(2) Dan' from server...
[Tue Sep 2 20:14:04 2008] : Dan (exit): 20:14
[Tue Sep 2 20:14:08 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Just the spot
[Tue Sep 2 20:14:24 2008] : Dan: ooc I stupidly rebooted my server
[Tue Sep 2 20:14:46 2008] : Dan: ooc the spot was the last I got from you guys
[Tue Sep 2 20:14:48 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Leave that until after the game, please
[Tue Sep 2 20:14:52 2008] : DM: You all spot Akbar across d'e village green lurkin' under d'e eaves of a buildin' lookin' on. 'e turns and 'urries away in d'e direction of d'e temple,
[Tue Sep 2 20:14:54 2008] : DM: One of d'e villagers moves t' Larry and checks 'im over. 'e swears and says: "'e's dead."
[Tue Sep 2 20:15:02 2008] : Aliatra: "This is not good. What are the chances of Larry bing struck by lightning and Akbar lookinjg on?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:15:23 2008] : Dan: "As much as the guy who saw it?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:15:30 2008] : Adrin: "If thats not guilt then what is?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:15:34 2008] : Dan: "I suggest we follow Akbar!"
[Tue Sep 2 20:15:45 2008] : Dan: ooc did my detect magic do anything?
[Tue Sep 2 20:15:49 2008] : Aliatra: "I second that"
[Tue Sep 2 20:16:01 2008] : DM: ooc yes, d'e storm is magical.
[Tue Sep 2 20:16:11 2008] : DM: ooc what's up wit' my text?
[Tue Sep 2 20:16:18 2008] : Dan: ooc you using a text filter DM?
[Tue Sep 2 20:16:32 2008] : Adrin: ooc I dont know but its hilarious :)
[Tue Sep 2 20:16:33 2008] : DM: ooc Ah. This should be better, yes?
[Tue Sep 2 20:16:34 2008] : Dan: ooc on the toolbar - I suspect you have Pirate enabled
[Tue Sep 2 20:16:46 2008] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Sep 2 20:17:00 2008] : Adrin: Adrin moves in the direction of Akbar
[Tue Sep 2 20:17:08 2008] : Dan: ooc ROFL!
[Tue Sep 2 20:17:08 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Sep 2 20:17:31 2008] : Dan: (**sss**)(**sss**)c Maye that's te pr(**sss**)lem (**sss**)ver?
[Tue Sep 2 20:17:31 2008] : DM: The storm ends almost as soon as it started.
[Tue Sep 2 20:17:53 2008] : Dan: Dan follows Adrin at speed
[Tue Sep 2 20:17:58 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra joins Adrin
[Tue Sep 2 20:18:12 2008] : Adrin: ooc how far away is he?
[Tue Sep 2 20:18:31 2008] : DM: ooc he would be about 90 ft.
[Tue Sep 2 20:18:35 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Let's send the rogue after him!
[Tue Sep 2 20:18:43 2008] : Dan: "Hoy, you there!"
[Tue Sep 2 20:18:50 2008] : Dan: "Stop!"
[Tue Sep 2 20:19:49 2008] : DM: Akbar doesn't stop. You reach the building where he was lurking and so see the temple a short distance ahead. The door is just closing.
[Tue Sep 2 20:19:49 2008] : Dan: Dan continues the chase
[Tue Sep 2 20:20:12 2008] : Adrin: Adrin runs for the Temple
[Tue Sep 2 20:20:24 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra keeps on moving
[Tue Sep 2 20:20:41 2008] : DM: How do you want to enter the temple? Kick the door, politely knock, or something else?
[Tue Sep 2 20:21:01 2008] : Adrin: Adrin tries to open the door normally
[Tue Sep 2 20:21:11 2008] : DM: The door opens.
[Tue Sep 2 20:21:17 2008] : Dan: ooc did we see him go in?
[Tue Sep 2 20:21:27 2008] : DM: ooc no, just the door closing.
[Tue Sep 2 20:22:02 2008] : Dan: "Hey, hey you!"
[Tue Sep 2 20:22:20 2008] : Dan: "No use hiding. We'll find you."
[Tue Sep 2 20:22:24 2008] : DM: Inside are a few rows of benches and a small altar of wood covered in a cloth embroidered with plants.
[Tue Sep 2 20:22:56 2008] : Adrin: "Where do you think he is?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:23:11 2008] : DM: The door to the rest of the temple building is just closing and you see the hem of a drark grey cloak.
[Tue Sep 2 20:23:40 2008] : Aliatra: "At a guess: there"
[Tue Sep 2 20:23:41 2008] : Dan: "I'd say there!"
[Tue Sep 2 20:23:43 2008] : DM: A trail of drips goes between the doors.
[Tue Sep 2 20:23:51 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes to the other door
[Tue Sep 2 20:23:54 2008] : Adrin: Adrin runs for the next door
[Tue Sep 2 20:23:56 2008] : Dan: Dan points at the closing door and runs
[Tue Sep 2 20:24:44 2008] : DM: ooc runs... and then what?
[Tue Sep 2 20:24:53 2008] : Adrin: Adrin tries to open the door normally
[Tue Sep 2 20:25:31 2008] : DM: This door is also unlocked.
[Tue Sep 2 20:25:35 2008] : Dan: ooc I won't beat Adrin for speed, so it doesn't matter too much ;-)
[Tue Sep 2 20:26:20 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Sep 2 20:26:34 2008] : DM: You open the door revealing a office like room. Akbar is seated at his desk looking remarkably composed for someone who's been running through the heavy rain.
[Tue Sep 2 20:27:09 2008] : Akbar.: "What's the reason for this sudden intrusion?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:28:05 2008] : Adrin: "Just wondering if you noticed the sudden storm?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:28:24 2008] : Dan: "You just ran in here ahead of us"
[Tue Sep 2 20:28:42 2008] : Dan: "It's hardly sudden"
[Tue Sep 2 20:29:06 2008] : Akbar.: "I don't know what you're talking about. I've been working on this papers all afternoon."
[Tue Sep 2 20:29:21 2008] : Akbar.: He waves at the papers on his desk.
[Tue Sep 2 20:29:43 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks at the floor, searching for drops of water
[Tue Sep 2 20:29:50 2008] : Adrin: "We all know thats a lie"
[Tue Sep 2 20:29:54 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Is his hear wet at all?
[Tue Sep 2 20:29:57 2008] : Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [18,2] = (20)
[Tue Sep 2 20:30:24 2008] : Akbar.: ooc his hair isn't wet but he was wearing a cloak with a hood.
[Tue Sep 2 20:30:50 2008] : Dan: "Ali, do you have a detect magic spell handy?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:30:51 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Rain has a way to soak through fabric ;)
[Tue Sep 2 20:30:57 2008] : Akbar.: There are drops of water on the floor, they lead to a chest on the side of the room.
[Tue Sep 2 20:31:21 2008] : Adrin: Adrin looks towards the chest
[Tue Sep 2 20:31:23 2008] : Akbar.: ooc If I could control weather with magic I'd also enchant my cloak so it was waterproof.
[Tue Sep 2 20:31:52 2008] : Aliatra: "Actually I do"
[Tue Sep 2 20:32:04 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL@DM
[Tue Sep 2 20:32:15 2008] : Dan: ooc actually - does DM work to show someone casted a spell?
[Tue Sep 2 20:32:32 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks at Adrin and points at the drops as she answers Dan
[Tue Sep 2 20:32:35 2008] : Dan: ooc Dan would know this, even if I don't ;-)
[Tue Sep 2 20:32:40 2008] : Aliatra: "Want me to cast it?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:32:52 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, maybe not. Hold on"
[Tue Sep 2 20:32:56 2008] : Akbar.: ooc no, you can only detect magical items, spells that are active and spells that have ended recently.
[Tue Sep 2 20:33:25 2008] : Dan: ooc Humph - seems like a reasonable use to me :-)
[Tue Sep 2 20:33:28 2008] : Akbar.: Akbar stands up. "I really must insist that you leave."
[Tue Sep 2 20:33:34 2008] : Adrin: "If you've been in here all afternoon, you really should get your leaking roof fixed"
[Tue Sep 2 20:33:36 2008] : Aliatra: "Just say the word, Dan"
[Tue Sep 2 20:33:59 2008] : Dan: "Why is the floor wet over there if you've been in here all afternoon?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:34:20 2008] : Aliatra: "Especially as it's leaking towards that chest, the contents might easily get spoiled. Darin, why don't you check it's alright?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:34:31 2008] : Akbar.: Akbar looks annoyed.
[Tue Sep 2 20:34:35 2008] : Aliatra: Adrin, not Darin
[Tue Sep 2 20:34:35 2008] : Akbar.: ooc one moment.
[Tue Sep 2 20:35:44 2008] : Dan: ooc I hope you're not lookin gup detect magic - what you said was correct
[Tue Sep 2 20:35:56 2008] : Dan: ooc I was just wishing out loud
[Tue Sep 2 20:36:04 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Sep 2 20:36:34 2008] : Akbar.: ooc huh. there's no spell to evaporate water.
[Tue Sep 2 20:36:53 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Awww, too bad DM
[Tue Sep 2 20:36:57 2008] : Dan: ooc good!
[Tue Sep 2 20:37:07 2008] : Akbar.: "So my floor is wet, what does that prove?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:37:48 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra nods at Adrin to open up the chest as she loosens her sword in its scabbard
[Tue Sep 2 20:38:05 2008] : Adrin: Adrin gives the chest a little kick
[Tue Sep 2 20:38:29 2008] : Aliatra: "It just proves someone came in after the rain started and that person is nowhere to be seen now"
[Tue Sep 2 20:38:39 2008] : Akbar.: It's heavy wood with what looks to be a stout lock.
[Tue Sep 2 20:39:28 2008] : Adrin: "Are you going to open it or do I try and break it?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:39:29 2008] : Dan: "I suggest that you open the lock"
[Tue Sep 2 20:40:26 2008] : Akbar.: "Very well."
[Tue Sep 2 20:40:59 2008] : Akbar.: Akbar unlocks the chest with a key from his pocket. Inside is a rather wet gray cloak.
[Tue Sep 2 20:41:30 2008] : Dan: Dan examines the walls of the office looking for anything that may be a concealed or secret door
[Tue Sep 2 20:41:37 2008] : Akbar.: (sarcasticly) "Oh. A Clue."
[Tue Sep 2 20:41:50 2008] : Akbar.: Search check.
[Tue Sep 2 20:41:52 2008] : Dan: "So why lie to us?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:41:55 2008] : Dan: Search Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [11,8] = (19)
[Tue Sep 2 20:42:01 2008] : Aliatra: "A clue that you might have been lying"
[Tue Sep 2 20:42:06 2008] : Adrin: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [17,2] = (19)
[Tue Sep 2 20:42:08 2008] : Dan: ooc +2 for elf-sense
[Tue Sep 2 20:43:07 2008] : Dan: ooc err, I seem to have just made that up :-D
[Tue Sep 2 20:43:10 2008] : Aliatra: "Why not start telling us the truth now, when we're still feeling more or less friendly towards you"
[Tue Sep 2 20:43:22 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Bad, Dan, bad!
[Tue Sep 2 20:44:18 2008] : Akbar.: ooc but Varsuvius's elf senses tingle?
[Tue Sep 2 20:44:49 2008] : Dan: ooc I got mixed up - if there's a door elves automatically get a search roll
[Tue Sep 2 20:45:01 2008] : Dan: ooc but no bonus
[Tue Sep 2 20:45:14 2008] : Akbar.: ooc ah. You don't find one anyway.
[Tue Sep 2 20:45:55 2008] : Akbar.: Akbar edges towards the far wall.
[Tue Sep 2 20:46:07 2008] : Adrin: "So, care to tell us anything?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:46:16 2008] : Dan: "Just hold it right there!"
[Tue Sep 2 20:46:22 2008] : Akbar.: "So what? You're going to present a wet cloak to the Elder as evidence? And for what exactly?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:46:27 2008] : Adrin: Adrin moves towards Akbar, without getting too close
[Tue Sep 2 20:46:32 2008] : Akbar.: Akbar stops.
[Tue Sep 2 20:47:02 2008] : Dan: "Well, the fact that you were standing right there watching under the eaves of a building for no good reason..."
[Tue Sep 2 20:47:21 2008] : Aliatra: "Who's talking about evidence? We just have questions and for now have no reason to believe you did wrong"
[Tue Sep 2 20:47:26 2008] : Dan: "Right at the moment when a magical storm pops up and kills Larry?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:47:46 2008] : Dan: "And that storm was not natural"
[Tue Sep 2 20:48:01 2008] : Dan: ooc knowledge check for the spell?
[Tue Sep 2 20:48:02 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's not jump to conclusions just yet, Dan, it might have been a coincidence"
[Tue Sep 2 20:48:20 2008] : Akbar.: Akbar tries to put on a shocked expression but it's fooling nobody. "Larry killed? Such a loss. he was my most dedicated follower."
[Tue Sep 2 20:48:35 2008] : Akbar.: ooc spellcraft
[Tue Sep 2 20:48:42 2008] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [9,21] = (30)
[Tue Sep 2 20:48:48 2008] : Akbar.: ooc Call lightning.
[Tue Sep 2 20:49:13 2008] : Dan: "Now, who in this small village is capable of casting a call lightning spell?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:50:15 2008] : Akbar.: "A druid spell? One of the villagers, perhaps."
[Tue Sep 2 20:50:38 2008] : Adrin: "I doubt that"
[Tue Sep 2 20:51:04 2008] : Dan: "Perhaps indeed"
[Tue Sep 2 20:51:10 2008] : Aliatra: "Do you have druids here? Of such and advanced level as well?
[Tue Sep 2 20:51:46 2008] : Dan: ooc "what's a level?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:52:08 2008] : Dan: "Why exactly were you out there?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:52:37 2008] : Dan: "You certainly show no remorse for the loss of one of your most dedicated followers"
[Tue Sep 2 20:53:02 2008] : Dan: "Surely as village priest, your first duty was to see if he could be saved!"
[Tue Sep 2 20:53:17 2008] : Dan: "Instead you high tail it back here"
[Tue Sep 2 20:53:26 2008] : Dan: "A very pastoral attitude"
[Tue Sep 2 20:53:45 2008] : Dan: "And if nothing else a good reason for the elder to send you packing"
[Tue Sep 2 20:53:51 2008] : Adrin: "Indeed"
[Tue Sep 2 20:53:51 2008] : Akbar.: "I'm answering no futher questions. You have clearly decided my guilt and are simply fabricating tales."
[Tue Sep 2 20:54:32 2008] : Dan: "Explain to me exactly what we have fabricated"
[Tue Sep 2 20:54:46 2008] : Akbar.: "Speak to the Elder, he won't do anything. He's weak, a misguided old fool."
[Tue Sep 2 20:54:52 2008] : Adrin: "Maybe we should all go see the Elder"
[Tue Sep 2 20:55:08 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Level of expertise :-P
[Tue Sep 2 20:55:09 2008] : Dan: Dan writes that down
[Tue Sep 2 20:55:24 2008] : Dan: "A weak... misguided... old fool"
[Tue Sep 2 20:55:28 2008] : Akbar.: "This perposterous tale of magical storms won't be believed by these simple country folk."
[Tue Sep 2 20:55:31 2008] : Dan: "Do go on"
[Tue Sep 2 20:55:46 2008] : Dan: "Really?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:56:10 2008] : Akbar.: "Enough of this, come back when you have some real evidence or the Elders authority."
[Tue Sep 2 20:56:19 2008] : Aliatra: "I have not determind your guilt, yet, but you're making it very hard to me feel sympathetic about you"
[Tue Sep 2 20:56:45 2008] : Dan: ooc did you give us a name for the shadowman DM?
[Tue Sep 2 20:57:08 2008] : Akbar.: ooc Shadroth
[Tue Sep 2 20:57:16 2008] : Dan: ooc TY
[Tue Sep 2 20:57:42 2008] : Dan: "Who exactly is your patron deity?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:58:34 2008] : Akbar.: He names one of the lesser gods of the fields and harvest. "This temple has always been dedicated to her."
[Tue Sep 2 20:59:00 2008] : Dan: "Oh, do you share your devotion between them and Shadroth?"
[Tue Sep 2 20:59:13 2008] : Dan: Dan watches very carefully for a reaction
[Tue Sep 2 20:59:52 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra holds her breath as she waits
[Tue Sep 2 21:00:22 2008] : Akbar.: ooc sense motive rolls I think? Or would spot be best?
[Tue Sep 2 21:00:57 2008] : Adrin: ooc both?
[Tue Sep 2 21:01:19 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Both, perhaps
[Tue Sep 2 21:01:25 2008] : Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [9,5] = (14)
[Tue Sep 2 21:01:26 2008] : Akbar.: ooc good idea. Spot roll and then a sense motive, please.
[Tue Sep 2 21:01:30 2008] : Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [12,2] = (14)
[Tue Sep 2 21:01:31 2008] : Dan: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+1] => [20,1] = (21)
[Tue Sep 2 21:01:32 2008] : Aliatra: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [3,8] = (11)
[Tue Sep 2 21:01:32 2008] : Adrin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [16,8] = (24)
[Tue Sep 2 21:01:35 2008] : Adrin: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [1,2] = (3)
[Tue Sep 2 21:01:56 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Sense motive by the DM, I think?
[Tue Sep 2 21:02:27 2008] : Dan: ooc brb
[Tue Sep 2 21:03:51 2008] : Akbar.: "Shadroth?" Akbars brows furrow in concentration. "I don't know this name."
[Tue Sep 2 21:04:33 2008] : Dan: "Well, the words say the rightthing, but your demeanor tells me otherwise"
[Tue Sep 2 21:05:05 2008] : Dan: "You can try to hide it with your response, but the subtle nuances in your reaction give you away better"
[Tue Sep 2 21:05:17 2008] : Aliatra: "And here I was hoping you to be innocent"
[Tue Sep 2 21:05:41 2008] : Dan: "The poor people have no idea"
[Tue Sep 2 21:05:59 2008] : Dan: "We've met him by the way"
[Tue Sep 2 21:06:04 2008] : Adrin: "I think time we went to see the Elder"
[Tue Sep 2 21:06:40 2008] : Dan: "I agree"
[Tue Sep 2 21:06:57 2008] : Aliatra: "Yes, more than time"
[Tue Sep 2 21:07:16 2008] : Dan: "At the very least I think that we can persuade them to send to the city for a bishop to examine the priest here"
[Tue Sep 2 21:07:22 2008] : Adrin: Adrin advances on Akbar
[Tue Sep 2 21:07:36 2008] : Akbar.: Akbar's voice grows chill. "That would be a mistake. Do you understand the power that stands behind me?"
[Tue Sep 2 21:07:42 2008] : Dan: "We can teleport there, and be back by tomorrow if needs be"
[Tue Sep 2 21:07:53 2008] : Aliatra: "Tomorrow the elder can question him while he's in a Zone of Truth"
[Tue Sep 2 21:08:02 2008] : Dan: "Oh, no hint of pretence now then"
[Tue Sep 2 21:08:12 2008] : Adrin: "Finally the mask is removed"
[Tue Sep 2 21:08:32 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes to Akbar's other side, sandwiching Akbar between her and Adrin
[Tue Sep 2 21:08:57 2008] : Akbar.: Akbar steps towards his chest and picks up his cloak.
[Tue Sep 2 21:09:14 2008] : Dan: "It's funny, I can't see anything behind you"
[Tue Sep 2 21:09:24 2008] : Dan: ooc he's sandwiched
[Tue Sep 2 21:10:03 2008] : Akbar.: ooc I think he can still move
[Tue Sep 2 21:10:04 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra watches Akbar closely
[Tue Sep 2 21:10:53 2008] : Aliatra: ooc He can, he's not bound and gagged or something
[Tue Sep 2 21:10:57 2008] : Akbar.: His eyes narrow calculatingly. "Zone of Truth tomorrow? Did someone forget to memorize it today?" He smirks.
[Tue Sep 2 21:11:18 2008] : Akbar.: "Let us see the elder know. No time like the present."
[Tue Sep 2 21:11:30 2008] : Aliatra: "Sure"
[Tue Sep 2 21:11:40 2008] : Akbar.: He moves towards a staff propped up in the corner of the room.
[Tue Sep 2 21:11:50 2008] : Akbar.: ooc are you going to try to stop him?
[Tue Sep 2 21:11:52 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra does not seem bothered by the smirk
[Tue Sep 2 21:11:58 2008] : Adrin: "Ah ah, I dont think you should be needing that"
[Tue Sep 2 21:11:59 2008] : Aliatra: "Hold on, there"
[Tue Sep 2 21:12:24 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra casts a spell as she looks at the staff
[Tue Sep 2 21:12:44 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 0: Detect Magic (lvl 0) Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
[Tue Sep 2 21:13:53 2008] : Dan: "If it's magical, I suggest we wait here a while whilst I identify its properties"
[Tue Sep 2 21:13:56 2008] : Aliatra: "Do not touch that, at all"
[Tue Sep 2 21:14:21 2008] : Dan: "Should I Ali?"
[Tue Sep 2 21:14:29 2008] : Aliatra: "Adrin, we'd better tie him up, that staff is very magical"
[Tue Sep 2 21:14:49 2008] : Akbar.: "Enough of this. This farce ends now."
[Tue Sep 2 21:14:53 2008] : Akbar.: Roll initiative.
[Tue Sep 2 21:15:04 2008] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [19,5] = (24)
[Tue Sep 2 21:15:05 2008] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [3,7] = (10)
[Tue Sep 2 21:15:05 2008] : Akbar.: [1d20+6] => [19,6] = (25)
[Tue Sep 2 21:15:09 2008] : Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+3] => [15,3] = (18)
[Tue Sep 2 21:16:46 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Drat
[Tue Sep 2 21:18:50 2008] : Akbar.: ooc hrrrm, wasn't really expecting this to escalate.
[Tue Sep 2 21:19:17 2008] : Adrin: ooc want to leave it til next time?
[Tue Sep 2 21:19:39 2008] : Akbar.: Akbar barks a short spell and his staff is whisked into his hand.
[Tue Sep 2 21:19:50 2008] : Akbar.: ooc mage hand.
[Tue Sep 2 21:20:08 2008] : Dan: ooc disarm!!
[Tue Sep 2 21:20:14 2008] : Akbar.: "Now you shall see the power of Shadroth!"
[Tue Sep 2 21:20:16 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Sep 2 21:20:37 2008] : Akbar.: ooc that was his surprise round.
[Tue Sep 2 21:20:41 2008] : Adrin: ooc how far is he from me?
[Tue Sep 2 21:20:50 2008] : Dan: ooc can we have a map please :)
[Tue Sep 2 21:20:53 2008] : Akbar.: The utters another spell.
[Tue Sep 2 21:21:16 2008] : Akbar.: Concentration: [1d20+20] => [2,20] = (22)
[Tue Sep 2 21:22:09 2008] : Akbar.: The language is strange and unfamilar to you.
[Tue Sep 2 21:22:21 2008] : Dan: ooc AoO?
[Tue Sep 2 21:22:28 2008] : Akbar.: ooc defensively
[Tue Sep 2 21:22:38 2008] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [19,21] = (40)
[Tue Sep 2 21:22:46 2008] : Aliatra: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [16,2] = (18)
[Tue Sep 2 21:23:26 2008] : Akbar.: A large gray circle in the air quickly forms and Akbar steps through, the circle snapping shut behind him.
[Tue Sep 2 21:23:53 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, that didn't go too well"
[Tue Sep 2 21:23:55 2008] : Adrin: "Where'd he go? Outside?"
[Tue Sep 2 21:23:59 2008] : DM: From the brief glimpse of through the portal you see trees, a stream and the dark mouth of a cave."
[Tue Sep 2 21:24:13 2008] : Aliatra: "Hmm, that was kind of unexpected"
[Tue Sep 2 21:24:15 2008] : Dan: "A cave somewhere"
[Tue Sep 2 21:24:35 2008] : Aliatra: ooc How did he step through if Adrin and I were right on top of him?
[Tue Sep 2 21:24:37 2008] : DM: Dan, you don't recognize the exactly spell but it seems to be a short range teleport-like spell akin to dimension door.
[Tue Sep 2 21:24:38 2008] : Dan: "I'd also suggest from the spell repertoire that he's not exactly a priest"
[Tue Sep 2 21:24:58 2008] : Aliatra: "None of my spells sound like that"
[Tue Sep 2 21:24:59 2008] : Dan: "The spell seemed somewhat akin to my dimension door spell"
[Tue Sep 2 21:25:17 2008] : Adrin: "Can you tell how far he went?"
[Tue Sep 2 21:25:49 2008] : Dan: "No, unfortunately not"
[Tue Sep 2 21:26:02 2008] : Dan: "I'd estimate not far"
[Tue Sep 2 21:26:12 2008] : DM: ooc neither of you were grappling him so I don't see how you could stop him stepping forwards just be standing next to him.
[Tue Sep 2 21:26:36 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Just wondering, not complaining or anything
[Tue Sep 2 21:26:47 2008] : Dan: "And suggest that we ask the villagers if there's a local cave near a stream and some trees"
[Tue Sep 2 21:27:11 2008] : Adrin: "Maybe that kid would know"
[Tue Sep 2 21:27:15 2008] : Dan: ooc he moved out of their AoO zone
[Tue Sep 2 21:27:19 2008] : Adrin: ooc can't remember his name
[Tue Sep 2 21:27:25 2008] : Dan: ooc that can provoke a grapple
[Tue Sep 2 21:28:03 2008] : Dan: ooc or any standard attacjk
[Tue Sep 2 21:28:13 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's seewhat we can find out here first, I want to have a look at his papers"
[Tue Sep 2 21:28:19 2008] : DM: ooc oh yeah I forgot. Anyone want to try and grapple or attack.
[Tue Sep 2 21:28:49 2008] : Adrin: ooc I'll try a grapple I suppose
[Tue Sep 2 21:28:54 2008] : Dan: ooc I don't think that I was next to him
[Tue Sep 2 21:28:55 2008] : Adrin: Grapple (base): [1d20+14] => [13,14] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Sep 2 21:28:55 2008] : Adrin: Grapple (second): [1d20+9] => [2,9] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Sep 2 21:29:24 2008] : DM: ooc I can never remember the stupid grapple rules.
[Tue Sep 2 21:29:32 2008] : Dan: ooc me either
[Tue Sep 2 21:29:47 2008] : Adrin: ooc opposed grapple?
[Tue Sep 2 21:30:01 2008] : Dan: ooc the grapple attempt provokes an AoO first
[Tue Sep 2 21:30:25 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Those grapple rules just bore me ;)
[Tue Sep 2 21:30:34 2008] : Adrin: ooc melee touch first, then grapple
[Tue Sep 2 21:30:39 2008] : Dan: ooc this can continue as long as the grapplers have AoOs remaining
[Tue Sep 2 21:30:49 2008] : Dan: ooc a stupid rule if you ask me
[Tue Sep 2 21:31:07 2008] : Adrin: ooc especially if the grapple is from an AoO
[Tue Sep 2 21:31:26 2008] : Dan: ooc there was a Wizards 'Rules of the game' article on it
[Tue Sep 2 21:31:34 2008] : DM: [1d20+15] => [9,15] = (24)
[Tue Sep 2 21:31:51 2008] : DM: [1d20+2] => [12,2] = (14)
[Tue Sep 2 21:31:56 2008] : DM: str check Adrin
[Tue Sep 2 21:32:04 2008] : Adrin: Str check: [1d20+4] => [14,4] = (18)
[Tue Sep 2 21:32:30 2008] : DM: You grab hold of Akbar and stop him stepping through the portal towards the cave.
[Tue Sep 2 21:32:39 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Sep 2 21:32:40 2008] : Dan: "Keep him away from that portal!"
[Tue Sep 2 21:32:50 2008] : Dan: ooc Gah!!
[Tue Sep 2 21:33:04 2008] : Adrin: Adrin holds on to Akbar
[Tue Sep 2 21:33:13 2008] : Dan: ooc I've never used Dispel Magic ever... until earlier on this day"!
[Tue Sep 2 21:33:21 2008] : Dan: ooc and now I've used it"
[Tue Sep 2 21:33:24 2008] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Sep 2 21:34:30 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Glitterdust (level 2): Blinds those it lands on and outlines invisible creatures - 10 ft radius, 190ft range. (Will save DC 19 to negate blindness; duration - 1 round/level))
[Tue Sep 2 21:34:38 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra has her hand on her sword
[Tue Sep 2 21:34:59 2008] : Dan: ooc can I do that to get him and not the others?
[Tue Sep 2 21:35:18 2008] : DM: ooc no
[Tue Sep 2 21:35:28 2008] : Aliatra: ooc 10 ft radius? I would not think so
[Tue Sep 2 21:35:34 2008] : Dan: ooc ah, won't do that then
[Tue Sep 2 21:35:37 2008] : Dan: ooc sorry
[Tue Sep 2 21:36:07 2008] : Dan: ooc delay
[Tue Sep 2 21:36:39 2008] : Dan: ooc delay my action until I'm ready
[Tue Sep 2 21:36:52 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Sep 2 21:37:48 2008] : Adrin: ooc just reading the grapple rules for the nth time
[Tue Sep 2 21:38:47 2008] : Adrin: Adrin tries to knock Akbar out (non-lethal dmg)
[Tue Sep 2 21:38:51 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Is it getting any clearer yet?
[Tue Sep 2 21:39:06 2008] : Adrin: ooc opposed grapple
[Tue Sep 2 21:39:08 2008] : Adrin: Grapple (base): [1d20+14] => [17,14] = (31) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Sep 2 21:39:09 2008] : Adrin: Grapple (second): [1d20+9] => [10,9] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Sep 2 21:39:13 2008] : DM: [1d20+2] => [8,2] = (10)
[Tue Sep 2 21:39:37 2008] : Adrin: [1d3+4] => [3,4] = (7)
[Tue Sep 2 21:39:52 2008] : Adrin: ooc thats damage
[Tue Sep 2 21:40:23 2008] : DM: ooc okay...
[Tue Sep 2 21:40:26 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Sep 2 21:41:02 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Is Akbar still holdinghis staff?
[Tue Sep 2 21:41:06 2008] : DM: ooc yes.
[Tue Sep 2 21:41:31 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Trying to pry that away from him. How do I do that?
[Tue Sep 2 21:41:37 2008] : DM: ooc Disarm
[Tue Sep 2 21:41:57 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Ye-es?
[Tue Sep 2 21:42:04 2008] : Dan: ooc cue the next obscure rule lookup - shall I try to sunder it ;-)
[Tue Sep 2 21:42:15 2008] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Sep 2 21:42:30 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra draws her sword and tries to knock the staff out of Akbar's hands
[Tue Sep 2 21:42:56 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Sometimes obscure rules is al you have ;)
[Tue Sep 2 21:43:04 2008] : DM: [1d20+19] => [1,19] = (20)
[Tue Sep 2 21:43:24 2008] : DM: ooc no. AoO first
[Tue Sep 2 21:43:34 2008] : DM: [1d20+15] => [6,15] = (21)
[Tue Sep 2 21:43:40 2008] : DM: misses
[Tue Sep 2 21:44:04 2008] : Dan: ooc he's flat footed too??
[Tue Sep 2 21:44:12 2008] : DM: You knock his staff out of his grasp.
[Tue Sep 2 21:44:19 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Sep 2 21:44:37 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I was still looking at the rules ;)
[Tue Sep 2 21:45:17 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Flat footed and, if not prone, still not really able to do a lot, grappled by Adrin
[Tue Sep 2 21:45:28 2008] : Dan: Dan moves over and picks up the staff, then wedges it under something heavy (time permitting)
[Tue Sep 2 21:45:41 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Sep 2 21:45:49 2008] : DM: ooc you can pick up the staff and move.
[Tue Sep 2 21:46:01 2008] : Dan: OK
[Tue Sep 2 21:46:16 2008] : Akbar: The portal winks shut.
[Tue Sep 2 21:46:19 2008] : Dan: 5ft step, pick it up, them oves away
[Tue Sep 2 21:46:41 2008] : Akbar: "Enough! You have my staff, release me and I will try nothing further."
[Tue Sep 2 21:46:58 2008] : Adrin: "Do you really expect us to beleive that?"
[Tue Sep 2 21:46:59 2008] : Akbar: "Let us see the Eldar and resolve this peacefully."
[Tue Sep 2 21:47:17 2008] : Aliatra: "If you don't mind, I prefer to bind you, and if you do mind I still prefer it"
[Tue Sep 2 21:47:20 2008] : Dan: "What do you know of peace?"
[Tue Sep 2 21:47:20 2008] : Akbar: "You want to murder a priest in his own temple?"
[Tue Sep 2 21:47:30 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra gets a rope out of her backpack
[Tue Sep 2 21:47:32 2008] : Dan: "Who said that?"
[Tue Sep 2 21:47:46 2008] : Akbar: "Bind my hand if you want."
[Tue Sep 2 21:47:53 2008] : Adrin: Adrin seems to mull over the question
[Tue Sep 2 21:47:58 2008] : Dan: "We made no violent attacks on you"
[Tue Sep 2 21:48:03 2008] : Akbar: ooc sorry, forget the murder comment, misread.
[Tue Sep 2 21:48:22 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Binding is killing now? ;)
[Tue Sep 2 21:48:25 2008] : Dan: "And this is a temple to the gods of harvest not Shadroth"
[Tue Sep 2 21:48:38 2008] : Dan: "So quite how you claim it as your own, I have no idea"
[Tue Sep 2 21:48:52 2008] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Sep 2 21:48:55 2008] : Dan: "Are you even a priest? Your spells were arcane magic!"
[Tue Sep 2 21:49:15 2008] : Akbar: "I have nothing further to say to you."
[Tue Sep 2 21:49:28 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra binds Akbar's hands behind his back and then binds his arms at his sides
[Tue Sep 2 21:49:35 2008] : Adrin: "You wont mind being gagged then"
[Tue Sep 2 21:49:48 2008] : Dan: "Good idea Adrin"
[Tue Sep 2 21:49:53 2008] : Aliatra: "good idea, Adrin"
[Tue Sep 2 21:50:14 2008] : Akbar: Akbar submits to being gagged.
[Tue Sep 2 21:50:26 2008] : Dan: ooc like he has a choice
[Tue Sep 2 21:50:35 2008] : Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Tue Sep 2 21:51:04 2008] : Dan: "We've covered a couple of advanced spellcasting options here..."
[Tue Sep 2 21:51:56 2008] : Dan: "We prevent any spells with verbal components, or cast as still spells by gagging him"
[Tue Sep 2 21:52:21 2008] : Dan: "We prevent any spells with somatic components, or cast as silent spells by tying his hands"
[Tue Sep 2 21:53:01 2008] : Dan: "Shall I identify the staff before we leave for the elders?"
[Tue Sep 2 21:53:03 2008] : Adrin: Adrin completely fails to understand Dans bletherings
[Tue Sep 2 21:54:30 2008] : Dan: "Yes, no?"
[Tue Sep 2 21:54:31 2008] : Aliatra: "Please do"
[Tue Sep 2 21:54:36 2008] : Dan: Rods, wands etc.: Identify (level 1): Determines properties of magic item
[Tue Sep 2 21:54:51 2008] : Dan: Dan examines the staff closely
[Tue Sep 2 21:55:22 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra searches Akbar to eliminate any material components as well
[Tue Sep 2 21:55:25 2008] : Aliatra: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [6,2] = (8)
[Tue Sep 2 21:55:32 2008] : Akbar: It has numerous unusual properties but this line is too small to contain them. --- Fermat.
[Tue Sep 2 21:55:35 2008] : Aliatra: Taking 20
[Tue Sep 2 21:55:56 2008] : Dan: "I think perhaps a thorough search of the room is in order too"
[Tue Sep 2 21:56:16 2008] : Dan: ooc was that his absolutlely last theorem?
[Tue Sep 2 21:56:17 2008] : DM: There's nothing interesting in the room.
[Tue Sep 2 21:56:35 2008] : Adrin: Adrin keeps close watch on Akbar
[Tue Sep 2 21:56:49 2008] : Aliatra: ooc He might have had more than 1
[Tue Sep 2 21:57:13 2008] : Dan: Dan searches the walls looking for anything unusual
[Tue Sep 2 21:57:17 2008] : DM: ooc I'm reasonably certain that was the DM saying he doesn't know what the staff does yet.
[Tue Sep 2 21:57:26 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Sep 2 21:57:27 2008] : DM: There's nothing unusual about the walls.
[Tue Sep 2 21:58:02 2008] : Adrin: ooc surely the earlier Detect Magic would've hghlighted anything magical
[Tue Sep 2 21:58:34 2008] : Dan: ooc no, as Ali didn't have time to concentrate
[Tue Sep 2 21:58:43 2008] : Adrin: ooc ah, ok
[Tue Sep 2 21:58:47 2008] : Dan: ooc like I didn't after looking at the storm
[Tue Sep 2 21:59:28 2008] : Dan: "OK, we know what the staff does*"
[Tue Sep 2 21:59:41 2008] : Dan: ooc * even if the players and DM don't
[Tue Sep 2 21:59:56 2008] : Dan: "Let's go and see the elders"
[Tue Sep 2 22:00:32 2008] : DM: At the elder's house.
[Tue Sep 2 22:00:40 2008] : Dan: "Personally, I think that we should bring a higher priest of the harvest gods here from the city"
[Tue Sep 2 22:00:43 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Did I find anything of note on Akbar's body?
[Tue Sep 2 22:01:19 2008] : Elder: ooc a couple of rings, an amulet and a small pouch of coins.
[Tue Sep 2 22:01:47 2008] : Aliatra: "And we need to keep his staff far away from him, it's very magical and he could use it to escape"
[Tue Sep 2 22:02:54 2008] : Dan: "Sure, I'll keep hold of it for now"
[Tue Sep 2 22:03:15 2008] : Dan: Dan pops it into his handy haversack along with th eother staves
[Tue Sep 2 22:03:46 2008] : Aliatra: "Tomorrow he can be questioned after I cast Zone of Truth to ensure the truthfulness of his anwsers"
[Tue Sep 2 22:04:09 2008] : Dan: "Hello there elder"
[Tue Sep 2 22:04:16 2008] : Aliatra: ooc How many staves do you have? ;)
[Tue Sep 2 22:04:20 2008] : Adrin: Adrin waves
[Tue Sep 2 22:04:31 2008] : Elder: "Why have you bound and gagged Akbar? Do you have evidence against him?"
[Tue Sep 2 22:04:34 2008] : Dan: "It's our misfortune to report to you that your priest is a charlatan"
[Tue Sep 2 22:04:37 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I thought we were talking to him already
[Tue Sep 2 22:04:55 2008] : Elder: "He is not a priest?"
[Tue Sep 2 22:05:21 2008] : Dan: "He is at the very least a servant of a creature from the realm of shadows known as Shadroth"
[Tue Sep 2 22:05:31 2008] : Aliatra: "And a follower of Shadroth"
[Tue Sep 2 22:05:37 2008] : Dan: "Shadroth is a being who thrives on death and misfortune"
[Tue Sep 2 22:06:00 2008] : Aliatra: "Something you've had more than your fair share off"
[Tue Sep 2 22:06:02 2008] : Elder: "These are grave and serious accusations? What prove do you have?"
[Tue Sep 2 22:06:10 2008] : Elder: *proof
[Tue Sep 2 22:06:21 2008] : Aliatra: "His own words and actions"
[Tue Sep 2 22:06:33 2008] : Dan: "Well, priests generally don't cast spells that are in the realm of Mages"!
[Tue Sep 2 22:06:45 2008] : Aliatra: ooc brb
[Tue Sep 2 22:07:59 2008] : Elder: "Hmm. Remove Akbar's gag and let us here what he has to say."
[Tue Sep 2 22:08:16 2008] : Dan: "I'd rather not until you have heard us out"
[Tue Sep 2 22:08:26 2008] : Elder: "Very well"
[Tue Sep 2 22:08:36 2008] : Dan: "Tonight, we were talking with Larry..."
[Tue Sep 2 22:09:03 2008] : Dan: "He became a little upset with us enquiring and left the inn, just as a storm was breaking"
[Tue Sep 2 22:09:10 2008] : Adrin: Adrin keeps watching Akbar
[Tue Sep 2 22:09:36 2008] : Dan: "Just after he left, he was struck by lightning, as I'm sure by now you know"
[Tue Sep 2 22:09:44 2008] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Sep 2 22:09:59 2008] : Elder: "Yes, another unexpected tragedy."
[Tue Sep 2 22:10:09 2008] : Dan: "As the other people in the inn suggested that a storm was unusual, I checked for magic"
[Tue Sep 2 22:10:17 2008] : Aliatra: ooc back
[Tue Sep 2 22:10:30 2008] : Dan: "That storm was a magical spell"
[Tue Sep 2 22:10:51 2008] : Elder: "Hmmm."
[Tue Sep 2 22:11:09 2008] : Dan: "It was a very strange coincidence, that standing in the eaves of a building watching as Larry got struck was Akbar"
[Tue Sep 2 22:11:33 2008] : Adrin: ooc back
[Tue Sep 2 22:11:51 2008] : Aliatra: "And when we took a look at Larry's body, we saw Akbar running away, so naturally we followed him"
[Tue Sep 2 22:11:57 2008] : Dan: "He proceded to flee, not towards Larry as any compassionate local priest would, but back to his temple where he promptly dripped all the way to his office"
[Tue Sep 2 22:12:27 2008] : Dan: "We followed him, only to be given the rediculous line that he had been doing paperwork all day"
[Tue Sep 2 22:12:56 2008] : Dan: "We persuaded him to open his chest, only to find his dripping wet cloak"
[Tue Sep 2 22:13:32 2008] : Elder: "This is of some concern."
[Tue Sep 2 22:13:32 2008] : Dan: "When we confronted him with our suspicions, he was unmoved by Larry's death"
[Tue Sep 2 22:13:44 2008] : Dan: "Even sounded scornful"
[Tue Sep 2 22:14:10 2008] : Dan: "At this point I confronted him with my suspicions that he was an agent of Shadroth."
[Tue Sep 2 22:14:29 2008] : Dan: "This he tried again to brush off, but his body language gave away the lie"
[Tue Sep 2 22:14:43 2008] : Dan: "he is not a priest of your harvest gods"
[Tue Sep 2 22:15:00 2008] : Elder: "Do you have anyting further to add?"
[Tue Sep 2 22:15:35 2008] : Dan: "He then announced that Shadroth was more powerful and uttered oaths about how we'd regret our actions and duch like"
[Tue Sep 2 22:15:56 2008] : Aliatra: "And then he tried to flee using magic"
[Tue Sep 2 22:16:13 2008] : Dan: "Then he attempted to escape by casting a spell of an Arcane - meaning that used by mages and not clerics - magic"
[Tue Sep 2 22:16:30 2008] : Dan: "We prevented this, then bound and gagged him"
[Tue Sep 2 22:16:57 2008] : Dan: "I don't suggest that you take us on blind faith"
[Tue Sep 2 22:17:24 2008] : Dan: "But I'd appreciate your opinion so far"
[Tue Sep 2 22:18:01 2008] : Aliatra: "Tomorrow morning I can pray to my deity to provide me with Zone of Truth, so you can question him and have him answet truthfully"
[Tue Sep 2 22:18:16 2008] : Dan: "At the very least his abandonment of Larry, when he could possibly have been saved is worthy of great suspicion"
[Tue Sep 2 22:18:38 2008] : Elder: "I know of this Zone of Truth spell. What should be done is this:"
[Tue Sep 2 22:18:49 2008] : Dan: "Larry was, I believ, his closest follower"
[Tue Sep 2 22:19:15 2008] : Elder: "Akbar will be confined to his rooms for the night and in the morning he shall be questioned under the spell."
[Tue Sep 2 22:19:40 2008] : Dan: "He is capable of poweful magic"
[Tue Sep 2 22:19:52 2008] : Dan: "I suggest that we guard him in the village hall"
[Tue Sep 2 22:19:56 2008] : Adrin: "He should be guarded at all times"
[Tue Sep 2 22:21:06 2008] : Aliatra: "And he must not be able to talk until under the influence of the truth spell. Do you trust me to cast that? If not, you can ask another priest to come here and do it"
[Tue Sep 2 22:21:10 2008] : Elder: "Very well, a more secure location would be the my celler. Take him below and bar the door. Will you stand guard outside the door."
[Tue Sep 2 22:21:23 2008] : Aliatra: "We will"
[Tue Sep 2 22:21:26 2008] : Dan: "No, inside"
[Tue Sep 2 22:21:41 2008] : Dan: "He should not be let out od sight"
[Tue Sep 2 22:23:07 2008] : Elder: "No, we already go beyond what is considered just in this village. You shall stand guard outside and Akbar's bonds are too be released."
[Tue Sep 2 22:23:24 2008] : Elder: "Remove Akbar's gag now."
[Tue Sep 2 22:23:57 2008] : Adrin: Adrin mutters but removes the gag
[Tue Sep 2 22:24:18 2008] : Elder: (addressing Akbar) "What do you say to this?"
[Tue Sep 2 22:24:28 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra shrugs
[Tue Sep 2 22:25:08 2008] : Dan: "We only suggest these methods because of the threat"
[Tue Sep 2 22:25:28 2008] : Akbar: "The charges are a fabricating, the treatment is unwarranted but a swift resolution of the matter would be best. I was abide by this term."
[Tue Sep 2 22:25:30 2008] : Dan: "Tomorrow we can see, but until now he should be guarded most closely"
[Tue Sep 2 22:26:17 2008] : Elder: "And should you attempt to escape you condemn yourself and are outlawed from this village."
[Tue Sep 2 22:26:33 2008] : Akbar: "I understand, I shall not escape."
[Tue Sep 2 22:27:08 2008] : Elder: (to you) "That all seems reasonable enough, yes? Then take him down and bar the door."
[Tue Sep 2 22:27:13 2008] : Aliatra: "We will seeto that"
[Tue Sep 2 22:27:23 2008] : Adrin: "Fine"
[Tue Sep 2 22:27:42 2008] : Dan: Dan shrugs
[Tue Sep 2 22:28:01 2008] : Dan: "If he is gone by the morning you make our jobs that much harder"
[Tue Sep 2 22:29:14 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's make sure he doesn't leave"
[Tue Sep 2 22:29:25 2008] : Elder: "We do not take the law or justice lightly in this village."
[Tue Sep 2 22:29:28 2008] : Dan: Dan walks to the elder
[Tue Sep 2 22:29:36 2008] : Dan: "May I have a quick word?"
[Tue Sep 2 22:29:43 2008] : Elder: "Yes?"
[Tue Sep 2 22:29:56 2008] : Dan: Dan talks quietly
[Tue Sep 2 22:30:06 2008] : Dan: "What diocese are you in here?"
[Tue Sep 2 22:30:18 2008] : Adrin: Adrin escorts Akbar down to the cellar
[Tue Sep 2 22:30:21 2008] : Elder: ooc er what? I dunno.
[Tue Sep 2 22:30:21 2008] : Dan: "Is it Southtown? Westharbour?"
[Tue Sep 2 22:30:47 2008] : Dan: ooc main location for the church - where the priests are trained ans the bishop etc sits
[Tue Sep 2 22:31:37 2008] : Elder: "Southtown I suppose, No one really pays any attention to a temple in village like our though."
[Tue Sep 2 22:31:43 2008] : Dan: "Do you have any idea where Akbar is supposed have been trained?"
[Tue Sep 2 22:31:44 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra helps Adrin
[Tue Sep 2 22:32:06 2008] : Elder: "He didn't say."
[Tue Sep 2 22:32:29 2008] : Dan: "Who did you send to when the old priest died?"
[Tue Sep 2 22:33:36 2008] : Elder: ooc does it really matter?
[Tue Sep 2 22:34:11 2008] : Dan: ooc Dan can teleport to the main chuch location with a sketch of Akbar - make enquiries etc.
[Tue Sep 2 22:34:45 2008] : Dan: ooc And inform them of the situation and request a higher ranking priest accompany him back to the village
[Tue Sep 2 22:35:01 2008] : Dan: ooc Mages think in tems of what their magic can achieve
[Tue Sep 2 22:35:21 2008] : Elder: "We sent a note to the main temple in Southtown. We assumed he came from there."
[Tue Sep 2 22:35:25 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Dan: the sketch artist ;-)
[Tue Sep 2 22:35:40 2008] : Dan: "I have a plan"
[Tue Sep 2 22:35:50 2008] : Dan: "I wish to sketch Akbar's face"
[Tue Sep 2 22:36:05 2008] : Dan: "I don't believe that he was sent here from the church at all"
[Tue Sep 2 22:36:16 2008] : Dan: "Your letter may have been intercepted"
[Tue Sep 2 22:36:28 2008] : Elder: "It's a possibility."
[Tue Sep 2 22:36:32 2008] : Dan: "Just look at how terrible he's been at regular priestly duties"
[Tue Sep 2 22:37:09 2008] : Dan: "Even the worst priest knows how important the basic reassurances are to a village"
[Tue Sep 2 22:37:19 2008] : Dan: "How important the traditions"
[Tue Sep 2 22:37:44 2008] : Dan: "From what you describe he doesn't even know them"
[Tue Sep 2 22:37:53 2008] : ** Elder nods **
[Tue Sep 2 22:38:15 2008] : Adrin: Adrin returns
[Tue Sep 2 22:38:28 2008] : Dan: "You must know of village priests in different villages..."
[Tue Sep 2 22:38:42 2008] : Adrin: "You must admit there is something... off about him."
[Tue Sep 2 22:38:44 2008] : Dan: "Some are better at some skills and worse at others"
[Tue Sep 2 22:39:05 2008] : Dan: "But all understand the way a village works."
[Tue Sep 2 22:39:05 2008] : Elder: ooc there's only some much irelevant trivia I can invent,
[Tue Sep 2 22:39:26 2008] : Elder: The Elder continues to agree, looking rather concerned.
[Tue Sep 2 22:39:27 2008] : Dan: "They understand village concerns"
[Tue Sep 2 22:40:10 2008] : Dan: "I really feel that I need to impress on you how dangerous I believ Akbar to be now that he's been unmasked"
[Tue Sep 2 22:40:54 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra remains in the cellar, guarding Akbar
[Tue Sep 2 22:40:59 2008] : Elder: "Your concern has been noted, but we shall wait until tomorrow before acting."
[Tue Sep 2 22:41:00 2008] : Dan: "I have some other solutions"
[Tue Sep 2 22:41:49 2008] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Sep 2 22:42:11 2008] : Dan: "OK, thanks. I just ask that you think about all the goings on, and Akbar's toal lack of concern for the village"
[Tue Sep 2 22:42:48 2008] : Dan: "Thanks for listening"
[Tue Sep 2 22:42:57 2008] : Adrin: ooc back
[Tue Sep 2 22:43:34 2008] : Elder: GAME END