Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Aug 19 19:40:03 2008] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Aug 19 19:40:21 2008] : DM: You enter a broad, lush valley. You see the village, smoke from several chimneys lazily climbing to the still air. The lake from which the village gets his name is twinkles in the sunlight.
[Tue Aug 19 19:40:50 2008] : Oona: ooc did we buy stuff in town?
[Tue Aug 19 19:41:03 2008] : DM: ooc I don't know. Did you?
[Tue Aug 19 19:41:46 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Aug 19 19:42:02 2008] : Adrin: ooc after we got the dragon loot?
[Tue Aug 19 19:42:12 2008] : Oona: ooc yeah, the question is if we had time to do so :)
[Tue Aug 19 19:42:24 2008] : Oona: ooc I want to buy a magic rod thingy.
[Tue Aug 19 19:42:53 2008] : DM: ooc yes, you can. Depending on exactly what this "thingy" is.
[Tue Aug 19 19:43:12 2008] : Adrin: ooc well we sold it all so I'd assume we had time to buy too
[Tue Aug 19 19:43:57 2008] : Oona: ooc the climbing rod thingies. The ones that allow you to climb into thin air. I've been wanting to have those for ever :)
[Tue Aug 19 19:44:08 2008] : Adrin: ooc immovable rods
[Tue Aug 19 19:44:19 2008] : Aliatra: ooc They are so neat!
[Tue Aug 19 19:44:22 2008] : Dan: ooc ideally you want two or maybe even 3 of them
[Tue Aug 19 19:44:31 2008] : DM: ooc okay.
[Tue Aug 19 19:45:34 2008] : Oona: ooc I'm getting two for now. The third comes later :)
[Tue Aug 19 19:45:43 2008] : Oona: ooc I think they're 5000 each right?
[Tue Aug 19 19:47:01 2008] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Aug 19 19:49:10 2008] : Dan: "Well, this all looks very nice."
[Tue Aug 19 19:49:20 2008] : Oona: "Indeed, doesn't it"
[Tue Aug 19 19:49:42 2008] : Oona: ooc didn't we ask the farmer about the agent?
[Tue Aug 19 19:49:46 2008] : Dan: "It's a shame that this is seemingly a place where evil lurks"
[Tue Aug 19 19:49:52 2008] : Aliatra: "Nothing short of idyllic"
[Tue Aug 19 19:49:53 2008] : Adrin: "Could almost settle down here"
[Tue Aug 19 19:49:58 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra doesn
[Tue Aug 19 19:50:20 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra doesn't seem to feel at ease
[Tue Aug 19 19:51:20 2008] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Aug 19 19:54:29 2008] : Adrin: "So, anyone know what were looking for?"
[Tue Aug 19 19:54:38 2008] : Dan: "Well, let's head into the lion's den"
[Tue Aug 19 19:55:02 2008] : Dan: "I believe we were told that the priest here is up to no good"
[Tue Aug 19 19:55:11 2008] : Aliatra: "I like lions, well, better than cows anyway"
[Tue Aug 19 19:55:24 2008] : Dan: ooc or something... don't remember exactly :(
[Tue Aug 19 19:55:29 2008] : DM: ooc Mmm. Lion steak.
[Tue Aug 19 19:56:00 2008] : DM: ooc Asmerdyas said Akbar the priest here was one of the Shadowman's agents.
[Tue Aug 19 19:56:04 2008] : Oona: "I have not ever seen a lion, I think"
[Tue Aug 19 19:56:11 2008] : DM: ooc and that he might have information on how to reach him.
[Tue Aug 19 19:56:33 2008] : DM: ooc Also see wiki.
[Tue Aug 19 19:57:21 2008] : Adrin: "Lets ask around, find out where this Akbar is"
[Tue Aug 19 19:57:38 2008] : Aliatra: "Anything must be better than cows, or the country side"
[Tue Aug 19 19:58:33 2008] : Adrin: "You prefer cities?"
[Tue Aug 19 19:59:04 2008] : Dan: "Lions are hardly city animals Ali"
[Tue Aug 19 19:59:27 2008] : Dan: "Much less so than cows, which are at least occasionally herded to market"
[Tue Aug 19 20:00:22 2008] : Dan: "Oona, lions are similar to the griffon that I summoned, only without the wings, or the eagle's head..."
[Tue Aug 19 20:00:36 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, almost exactly unlike a griffon"
[Tue Aug 19 20:00:36 2008] : DM: ooc so not much like griffons then ;)
[Tue Aug 19 20:00:39 2008] : Dan: ooc :D
[Tue Aug 19 20:00:53 2008] : Aliatra: "Yes, I prefer cities. And at least lions will just attack whereas comes just stare complacently"
[Tue Aug 19 20:01:07 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Aug 19 20:01:38 2008] : Dan: "Almost, but not entirely unlike a griffon"
[Tue Aug 19 20:02:00 2008] : Dan: "So there you have it, now you'll know what they look like."
[Tue Aug 19 20:02:09 2008] : Dan: Dan winks and grins
[Tue Aug 19 20:02:26 2008] : Adrin: "I could never get interested in a city. The stench of too many people is terrible"
[Tue Aug 19 20:02:46 2008] : Dan: "I have to agree with Adrin. Cities do stink"
[Tue Aug 19 20:02:47 2008] : Aliatra: "To each his own, I guess"
[Tue Aug 19 20:02:57 2008] : Dan: "I prefer the small town, such as this"
[Tue Aug 19 20:03:29 2008] : Dan: "A place where the midden can be left to compost itself without fear of disease"
[Tue Aug 19 20:04:46 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra shrugs as she looks at the houses
[Tue Aug 19 20:05:01 2008] : Oona: "I only like the city. Though I'm growing fond of the woods, I guess."
[Tue Aug 19 20:05:15 2008] : Adrin: "Plenty of trees to hide behind"
[Tue Aug 19 20:06:17 2008] : Dan: "It seems such a long time ago that I left our small mountain town"
[Tue Aug 19 20:06:52 2008] : Oona: "Il like to know and understand. I don't understand much of magic, that's why I don't like it much. Give me a lock over a spell anyday"
[Tue Aug 19 20:07:22 2008] : Adrin: "Aye, you're getting me almost homesick Dan"
[Tue Aug 19 20:08:45 2008] : Dan: "Sorry, I don't mean to be so melancholy, but there was a reason I came to the lowlands, and I had almost forgotten it"
[Tue Aug 19 20:09:45 2008] : Dan: Dan reaches into his robes and pulls out a locket on a chain
[Tue Aug 19 20:09:52 2008] : Adrin: (quietly) "I've not forgotten"
[Tue Aug 19 20:11:08 2008] : Dan: Dan opens it, and a look of sadness crosses his face, followed by one of resolve. He then returns the locket
[Tue Aug 19 20:11:23 2008] : Adrin: "Enough of this. Lets find who we need to find"
[Tue Aug 19 20:12:58 2008] : Aliatra: "To the temple it is"
[Tue Aug 19 20:13:33 2008] : DM: The gates to the village are open and despite your recent run in with the ogre band suggesting the area is dangerous, the gates are unmanned.
[Tue Aug 19 20:14:08 2008] : Aliatra: "Very trusting people here"
[Tue Aug 19 20:14:17 2008] : Adrin: "Strange. I'd have lookouts at the least here"
[Tue Aug 19 20:14:49 2008] : Oona: "at least yes. How careless can you get?"
[Tue Aug 19 20:15:24 2008] : Dan: "It is rather odd"
[Tue Aug 19 20:15:37 2008] : Aliatra: "They might just be naive, or plain stupid"
[Tue Aug 19 20:15:42 2008] : DM: The village is small, with a inn, the village elder's house and the small stone temple being the only buildings of significance.
[Tue Aug 19 20:16:43 2008] : DM: The small fishing boats are all drawn up on the shoreline and there's no one working on the jetty or the fish smoke houses.
[Tue Aug 19 20:17:18 2008] : Oona: "This said, the whole thing is rather odd. There's noone, guarding or else."
[Tue Aug 19 20:17:22 2008] : Aliatra: "Seems a bit too quiet here. Where in the hells is everybody?"
[Tue Aug 19 20:18:24 2008] : Adrin: "Could the ogres have come through here first?"
[Tue Aug 19 20:18:49 2008] : Oona: Oona unshoulders her bow and keeps it readied. Watching around her carefully
[Tue Aug 19 20:18:55 2008] : Aliatra: "Oona, could you have a quick look around and tell us what you see?"
[Tue Aug 19 20:19:03 2008] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [2,12] = (14)
[Tue Aug 19 20:19:13 2008] : Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [16,2] = (18)
[Tue Aug 19 20:19:28 2008] : Oona: ooc my day was good, hence the terrible rolls :) I used up my luck for today :)
[Tue Aug 19 20:19:37 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Aug 19 20:19:51 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra gets her bow ready
[Tue Aug 19 20:19:53 2008] : DM: LIsten checks
[Tue Aug 19 20:20:03 2008] : Oona: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [16,11] = (27)
[Tue Aug 19 20:20:07 2008] : Aliatra: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [11,2] = (13)
[Tue Aug 19 20:20:12 2008] : Adrin: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [16,12] = (28)
[Tue Aug 19 20:20:33 2008] : Dan: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [11,5] = (16)
[Tue Aug 19 20:21:00 2008] : Dan: Dan stretches his fingers
[Tue Aug 19 20:21:43 2008] : Adrin: "Shh"
[Tue Aug 19 20:21:55 2008] : Adrin: "Theres someone in the Inn"
[Tue Aug 19 20:22:01 2008] : Oona: Oona talks quietly "this way" pointing to the inn
[Tue Aug 19 20:22:05 2008] : Oona: "Right"
[Tue Aug 19 20:22:23 2008] : Adrin: Adrin dismounts and leads his horse to the inn
[Tue Aug 19 20:22:31 2008] : Oona: Oona shoulders her bow and loosens her swords in their scabbard.
[Tue Aug 19 20:23:08 2008] : Dan: Dan dismounts and follows
[Tue Aug 19 20:23:16 2008] : Oona: ooc I was dismounted before that.
[Tue Aug 19 20:23:29 2008] : DM: The inn is a mid-sized half-timbered building with two floors and a stables round the back.
[Tue Aug 19 20:23:30 2008] : Adrin: Adrin checks his sword is loose
[Tue Aug 19 20:23:31 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra does likewise, but only with the one sword
[Tue Aug 19 20:24:15 2008] : Adrin: "May as well knock"
[Tue Aug 19 20:24:26 2008] : DM: Through the small, crooked windows you see the common room is packed with people, Someone in priestly robes is talking to them.
[Tue Aug 19 20:25:59 2008] : Oona: Oona tries to spot the important people
[Tue Aug 19 20:26:04 2008] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [1,12] = (13)
[Tue Aug 19 20:26:09 2008] : Oona: ooc roflmao
[Tue Aug 19 20:26:12 2008] : Aliatra: "No wonder there's nobody in the streets"
[Tue Aug 19 20:26:52 2008] : DM: There's the priest, obviously and what you assume is the village elder seated near where the priest is standing. Everyone else looks rather ordinary.
[Tue Aug 19 20:27:26 2008] : Aliatra: Any children there?
[Tue Aug 19 20:27:48 2008] : Dan: Dan tries to listen to what the priest is saying
[Tue Aug 19 20:28:54 2008] : Brother Akbar: "...understand your concerns. The recent spate of accidents are of concern but they are only accidents and I can assure you all that they are not a consequence of falling out of favour with the gods."
[Tue Aug 19 20:29:27 2008] : Aliatra: Softly: "Or with your priest"
[Tue Aug 19 20:29:35 2008] : Adrin: Mouthing to the others - "Accidents?"
[Tue Aug 19 20:30:26 2008] : Dan: Dan shrugs and keeps listening
[Tue Aug 19 20:31:16 2008] : Brother Akbar: You here someone say scornfully: "Accidents? Frank drowning weren't no accident."
[Tue Aug 19 20:33:31 2008] : Brother Akbar: "Frank's death is a tragedy, it was most unfortunate that his boat should capsize but it was clearly the result of a poorly maintained vessel."
[Tue Aug 19 20:34:11 2008] : Aliatra: "Hmm"
[Tue Aug 19 20:34:42 2008] : DM: Someone else calls out: "And what about Klara? Our most skilled tracker and woodswoman lost in the woods and killed by bears?"
[Tue Aug 19 20:35:59 2008] : Brother Akbar: "You will recall it was foggy that night and that the wild animals have come further down from the mountains this year."
[Tue Aug 19 20:36:46 2008] : DM: Someone else starts to speak but Akbar interrupts them.
[Tue Aug 19 20:37:33 2008] : DM: "Now, really this isn't a productive use of our time. We must look forwards and put in place procedures to ensure further accidents of this nature do not occur again."
[Tue Aug 19 20:37:33 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra raiser her eyebrows higher and higher as she listens
[Tue Aug 19 20:38:11 2008] : DM: "This meeting is concluded."
[Tue Aug 19 20:38:28 2008] : DM: Akbar heads for the door out of the inn.
[Tue Aug 19 20:39:07 2008] : Adrin: Adrin strarts to tie up his horse at the front of the inn
[Tue Aug 19 20:39:08 2008] : Aliatra: Softly: "Are priests in charge in towns like this?"
[Tue Aug 19 20:39:43 2008] : DM: ooc not usually
[Tue Aug 19 20:40:00 2008] : Aliatra: ooc That was in character, DM :)
[Tue Aug 19 20:40:27 2008] : DM: As Akbar passes you he looks at you narrowed eyes before striding off to his temple.
[Tue Aug 19 20:40:35 2008] : Dan: "Hi there"
[Tue Aug 19 20:40:46 2008] : DM: He doesn't stop to talk.
[Tue Aug 19 20:40:49 2008] : Adrin: Adrin tips his hat as he passes
[Tue Aug 19 20:40:55 2008] : Dan: Dan waves and nods as the priest looks at him
[Tue Aug 19 20:41:13 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra just stares hard at the priest, hand on her sword
[Tue Aug 19 20:42:22 2008] : DM: The rest of the villages files out of the inn and back to their homes or work.
[Tue Aug 19 20:42:25 2008] : Dan: "Shall we go inside?"
[Tue Aug 19 20:43:00 2008] : Aliatra: "It's an inn, isn't it?"
[Tue Aug 19 20:43:15 2008] : Adrin: "After you"
[Tue Aug 19 20:43:21 2008] : Oona: "Sounds good"
[Tue Aug 19 20:43:22 2008] : Dan: "Inn deed"
[Tue Aug 19 20:43:30 2008] : Oona: Oona relaxes a bit
[Tue Aug 19 20:43:41 2008] : Dan: Dan decides to walk in first
[Tue Aug 19 20:43:46 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra smiles at Dan
[Tue Aug 19 20:44:16 2008] : Dan: "Four ales please barkeep"
[Tue Aug 19 20:44:58 2008] : DM: The only people in the inn is the barkeep and the village elder.
[Tue Aug 19 20:45:13 2008] : DM: Four ales are served up.
[Tue Aug 19 20:45:20 2008] : Dan: "And one each for yourself and this stout fellow"
[Tue Aug 19 20:45:53 2008] : Dan: Dan nods his head at the elder
[Tue Aug 19 20:45:56 2008] : Elder Marcus: "Thank you kindly, sir."
[Tue Aug 19 20:46:11 2008] : Dan: ooc ale is what 1cp?
[Tue Aug 19 20:46:14 2008] : Elder Marcus: "I'm afraid you've not come at a good time for this village."
[Tue Aug 19 20:46:33 2008] : Elder Marcus: ooc who cares? You're all loaded.
[Tue Aug 19 20:46:40 2008] : Oona: "Or maybe we have..." says Oona in a trailing voice
[Tue Aug 19 20:46:45 2008] : Adrin: "Why do you say that? It seems a lovely part of the world"
[Tue Aug 19 20:46:48 2008] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Aug 19 20:47:13 2008] : Dan: "Indeed, a most blessed valley it looks to be"
[Tue Aug 19 20:47:16 2008] : Aliatra: "Nice and quiet, a place to have a good and relaxed life"
[Tue Aug 19 20:47:57 2008] : Elder Marcus: "Oh for the past 50 years that I've been living in this village it's been a good place, but lately...." he shakes his head.
[Tue Aug 19 20:48:29 2008] : Adrin: "Poor harvests?"
[Tue Aug 19 20:49:49 2008] : Elder Marcus: "No... nothing like that. But here, I forget myself, such important people such as yourselfs wouldn't be interested in the small goings-on in this out of the way place."
[Tue Aug 19 20:49:58 2008] : Elder Marcus: "What brings you to Greenmere?"
[Tue Aug 19 20:50:19 2008] : Adrin: "Important? Us? "
[Tue Aug 19 20:50:39 2008] : Oona: "Now when did we become that?!" Oona smiles
[Tue Aug 19 20:51:09 2008] : Aliatra: "We are passing through, looking for adventure and a good fight: a chance to defend and protect what's good and perhaps making some money"
[Tue Aug 19 20:51:59 2008] : Adrin: "Always a good fight"
[Tue Aug 19 20:52:10 2008] : Elder Marcus: "Then you've come to the wrong corner of the world."
[Tue Aug 19 20:52:39 2008] : Aliatra: "We've found that thers is good to defend everywhere"
[Tue Aug 19 20:52:42 2008] : Elder Marcus: "What problems this village has are not solved with blade or magic fire."
[Tue Aug 19 20:52:45 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra smiles
[Tue Aug 19 20:53:24 2008] : Adrin: "Not if yesterday was anything to go by."
[Tue Aug 19 20:53:37 2008] : Oona: "I'm just trailing in tow, really"
[Tue Aug 19 20:53:38 2008] : Dan: "What exactly are the problems this village has?"
[Tue Aug 19 20:53:58 2008] : Oona: Oona looks around her and lowers her voice
[Tue Aug 19 20:54:13 2008] : Dan: "Believe me, we are always interested, as important as you may think us"
[Tue Aug 19 20:54:15 2008] : Oona: "Seeing that hmmm priest, was it? fellow, I would say the problems are spiritual"
[Tue Aug 19 20:55:04 2008] : Elder Marcus: "It's probably nothing, just a recent number of tragic accidents. Most of the rest of the village seems to think the village is cured now. Superstitious nonsense if you ask me... But still..."
[Tue Aug 19 20:55:17 2008] : Adrin: "Cured?"
[Tue Aug 19 20:55:24 2008] : Elder Marcus: "Cursed."
[Tue Aug 19 20:55:42 2008] : Adrin: ooc ah
[Tue Aug 19 20:55:44 2008] : Aliatra: "Sounds like a job for your priest then"
[Tue Aug 19 20:56:12 2008] : Oona: "I've always found superstition has roots in reality. A bit like rumours, really"
[Tue Aug 19 20:56:18 2008] : Elder Marcus: "You would expect so."
[Tue Aug 19 20:56:54 2008] : Dan: ooc such a difference in meaning for only a missing 's'
[Tue Aug 19 20:57:22 2008] : Elder Marcus: "No one in the village really likes or trusts Akbar though. He's a city boy, doesn't understand life out here."
[Tue Aug 19 20:57:25 2008] : Adrin: ooc yeah :)
[Tue Aug 19 20:57:28 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL I liked the idea of a sick village
[Tue Aug 19 20:57:38 2008] : Dan: "There must have been a significant number of accidents for people to believe there's a curse"
[Tue Aug 19 20:57:48 2008] : Adrin: "Ah city folk are different aren't they"
[Tue Aug 19 20:57:57 2008] : Elder Marcus: Marcus ticks them off on his fingers.
[Tue Aug 19 20:57:58 2008] : Adrin: Adrin smiles at his companions
[Tue Aug 19 20:58:39 2008] : Elder Marcus: "Frank was the first, couple of weeks ago now, boat capsized out on the mere and he drowned."
[Tue Aug 19 20:58:47 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra shrugs and listens
[Tue Aug 19 20:59:00 2008] : Dan: "An experienced boatsman?"
[Tue Aug 19 20:59:06 2008] : Adrin: "Good swimmer?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:00:21 2008] : Elder Marcus: "Frank was a excellent sailor but his boat was damaged, the keel came off and over it went."
[Tue Aug 19 21:00:51 2008] : Aliatra: "What?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:01:19 2008] : Elder Marcus: ooc 'what?' is a bit vague to provide an answer for.
[Tue Aug 19 21:01:50 2008] : Oona: "And you don't believe it? Or at least I thought I heard someone not believing that this was just an accident"
[Tue Aug 19 21:01:57 2008] : Dan: "I'm no expert on boats, but I imagine that he usually maintained his boat and this was quite an unusual occurence on a well maintained boat"
[Tue Aug 19 21:01:59 2008] : Oona: "this said, who would Frank's death benfit?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:02:22 2008] : Dan: "Would that be correct?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:02:57 2008] : Elder Marcus: "It seemed like an accident at the time but with the other deaths, it just doesn't seem right."
[Tue Aug 19 21:03:10 2008] : Adrin: "What were the other deaths?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:03:27 2008] : Aliatra: "I don't know about boats, but the keel just coming off sounds weird"
[Tue Aug 19 21:03:32 2008] : Elder Marcus: "No one benefits from the death of anyone in this village. This is a small place and everyone has to pull together."
[Tue Aug 19 21:04:00 2008] : Elder Marcus: "You should talk to the other fishers, I stay firmly on dry land myself."
[Tue Aug 19 21:05:04 2008] : Elder Marcus: (still counting) "Then there was Klara, our most experienced tracker who lost her way on a regular patrol and was attacked by bears."
[Tue Aug 19 21:06:18 2008] : Aliatra: "How agressive are bears, as a rule?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:06:22 2008] : Elder Marcus: "After that, The Willard family's young son caught a fever and died suddenly. Very tragic for the parents that."
[Tue Aug 19 21:06:35 2008] : Oona: "OK, now that's starting to be a bit too much at once, isn't it?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:06:45 2008] : Oona: "And what's the explanation the people find for this?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:06:54 2008] : Adrin: "I see what you mean. It just seems strange"
[Tue Aug 19 21:07:23 2008] : Aliatra: "Sounds like too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence"
[Tue Aug 19 21:08:11 2008] : Elder Marcus: "And most recently, one of the clay diggers was buried alive when am unstable spoil top collapsed."
[Tue Aug 19 21:08:42 2008] : Elder Marcus: "Aye, it's getting a bit suspicious."
[Tue Aug 19 21:09:18 2008] : Elder Marcus: "Look, I and the village would appreciate it if you could look into this."
[Tue Aug 19 21:10:07 2008] : Dan: "What are the tenets of the local priest?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:10:22 2008] : Elder Marcus: ooc the what?
[Tue Aug 19 21:10:35 2008] : Dan: ooc basics of his belief system
[Tue Aug 19 21:11:14 2008] : Dan: "What does he preach?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:12:19 2008] : Elder Marcus: "I'm not really sure. He speaks with plenty of fire on evil and following the word of the gods."
[Tue Aug 19 21:12:45 2008] : Elder Marcus: "Not much use to us out here. The previous priest understood the village better."
[Tue Aug 19 21:13:14 2008] : Dan: "What exactly does he say is the word of the gods?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:13:29 2008] : Adrin: "Where did the other priest go?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:13:49 2008] : Aliatra: "What gods?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:13:53 2008] : Elder Marcus: "Don't pay attention really, it's not practical advise like we had before.
[Tue Aug 19 21:14:26 2008] : Elder Marcus: "Like when to sow crops or where a seam of the best clay can be found, or which herbs are useful for fevers and the like."
[Tue Aug 19 21:14:49 2008] : Elder Marcus: "Proper, useful, advice. Non of this silly city rubbish."
[Tue Aug 19 21:15:28 2008] : DM: You can tell the Marcus if not very impressed with the priest but he doesn't think he's behind or the cause of the recent problems.
[Tue Aug 19 21:16:03 2008] : DM: "He is good at talking to the village, persuading them, like. A bit too good at it if you ask me."
[Tue Aug 19 21:16:34 2008] : Aliatra: "Too good?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:17:03 2008] : DM: "We don't need some outsider telling us Greenmerians what to do."
[Tue Aug 19 21:17:41 2008] : Aliatra: "So why do you let him stay here?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:18:14 2008] : Oona: "I see."
[Tue Aug 19 21:18:28 2008] : Oona: "Well, if we wanted to know more about the priest, who would we go to? "
[Tue Aug 19 21:18:40 2008] : DM: "He lives here now, can't throw someone out of his home can we?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:19:12 2008] : DM: Marcus thinks for a moment.
[Tue Aug 19 21:20:23 2008] : Aliatra: "I guess not"
[Tue Aug 19 21:20:41 2008] : DM: "Larry, one of the clay diggers seems swayed by Akbar's ideas. Perhaps you can talk to him?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:21:50 2008] : Adrin: "Where would we find Larry?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:21:58 2008] : Oona: "That's a good idea. And about someone who is not swayed by his ideas?" (swayed means taken in, right?)
[Tue Aug 19 21:22:27 2008] : DM: ooc yes.
[Tue Aug 19 21:22:57 2008] : DM: "There's no one around here who really know him. He's only been here two months."
[Tue Aug 19 21:23:18 2008] : Oona: "OK, then this Larry?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:23:57 2008] : DM: "Yes?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:24:10 2008] : Dan: "At the claypits is he?2
[Tue Aug 19 21:24:55 2008] : DM: "I imagine so."
[Tue Aug 19 21:25:21 2008] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Aug 19 21:25:21 2008] : Aliatra: "When will he come in for a beer?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:26:14 2008] : DM: "I don't know"
[Tue Aug 19 21:27:32 2008] : Aliatra: "Better go visit him then, after I freshen up a bit"
[Tue Aug 19 21:27:37 2008] : Dan: "let's go and seek him at the claypits"
[Tue Aug 19 21:27:55 2008] : DM: "What I suggest you do is take each of the deaths in turn and see if you find any evidence of wrong-doing and who or what might be behind it."
[Tue Aug 19 21:28:17 2008] : Adrin: "Are there any rooms to rent in the town? We could be here a while"
[Tue Aug 19 21:28:58 2008] : DM: "You can stay here in the inn."
[Tue Aug 19 21:29:33 2008] : Adrin: "Great"
[Tue Aug 19 21:30:07 2008] : Dan: "OK, the inn it is."
[Tue Aug 19 21:30:44 2008] : Aliatra: "Just as long as the rooms are clean and the beds are soft"
[Tue Aug 19 21:30:57 2008] : DM: ooc Hmmm. Is this adventure turning into "CSI: Greenmere"?
[Tue Aug 19 21:31:05 2008] : Dan: Dan turns to the innkeep "Are all rooms the same, or do you have any superior ones?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:31:10 2008] : Adrin: "City life has made you soft Ali"
[Tue Aug 19 21:31:15 2008] : DM: The rooms are clean and the beds are reasonably comfortable.
[Tue Aug 19 21:31:23 2008] : DM: The rooms are all the same.
[Tue Aug 19 21:32:00 2008] : Dan: "Four rooms it is then please... just in case there's a sudden rush and we come back to find you fully booked out"
[Tue Aug 19 21:32:25 2008] : DM: They don't many vistors out here. Clay merchants a few times a year.
[Tue Aug 19 21:32:32 2008] : Aliatra: "I've never been soft, but I like comfort if and whan I can find it"
[Tue Aug 19 21:33:47 2008] : Dan: ooc we never know if the DM will get quirky ;)
[Tue Aug 19 21:34:11 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Aug 19 21:36:23 2008] : Aliatra: [1d8] => [8] = (8)
[Tue Aug 19 21:36:32 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra yearns for a bath and a meal
[Tue Aug 19 21:37:30 2008] : Dan: ooc Ali had a bath yesterday!
[Tue Aug 19 21:37:49 2008] : Dan: ooc and we rode not far to the village
[Tue Aug 19 21:38:20 2008] : Dan: "Let's just get on with it"
[Tue Aug 19 21:39:07 2008] : Aliatra: ooc So? :-P
[Tue Aug 19 21:39:55 2008] : Dan: Dan heads outside and gets his horse
[Tue Aug 19 21:40:53 2008] : Adrin: Adrin does likewise
[Tue Aug 19 21:40:56 2008] : Adrin: Adrin does likewise
[Tue Aug 19 21:41:09 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra sighs and follows Dan
[Tue Aug 19 21:41:39 2008] : Aliatra: "If we do this tomorrow I can pray for Zone of Truth"
[Tue Aug 19 21:41:54 2008] : Dan: Dan looks around for something resembling a clay pit
[Tue Aug 19 21:42:14 2008] : Dan: ooc not that he knows too much what they look like having grown up in the mountains
[Tue Aug 19 21:42:36 2008] : DM: The clay pits are further on, beside the lake and screened by trees.
[Tue Aug 19 21:42:48 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra thinks caly + dirt, so she looks for dirt
[Tue Aug 19 21:42:58 2008] : Aliatra: clay = dirt
[Tue Aug 19 21:44:46 2008] : Dan: ooc in UK English dirt is not used to mean soil/clay etc. Not that Ali is necessarily thining in UK English ;-)
[Tue Aug 19 21:45:05 2008] : Dan: ooc thinking
[Tue Aug 19 21:45:13 2008] : DM: ooc you can use dirt to mean earth or soil.
[Tue Aug 19 21:45:46 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Aliatra isn't thinking in country UK English: clay makes for dirty boots, therefore clay = dirt
[Tue Aug 19 21:45:48 2008] : DM: ooc although that's possibly an americanism?
[Tue Aug 19 21:46:44 2008] : Dan: ooc Americans use it in that way
[Tue Aug 19 21:48:22 2008] : Aliatra: "Why would people want to dig up clay?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:48:24 2008] : Dan: ooc do we know where the claypits are?
[Tue Aug 19 21:48:39 2008] : DM: You pass through the trees along a path and reach the edge of the clay pits.
[Tue Aug 19 21:48:51 2008] : Dan: Int check: [1d20+6] => [19,6] = (25)
[Tue Aug 19 21:48:55 2008] : Dan: "It's used to make pottery Ali"
[Tue Aug 19 21:49:16 2008] : Aliatra: "Really?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:49:28 2008] : Dan: "And bricks, and many other useful items. Although it usually needs to be fired first"
[Tue Aug 19 21:49:57 2008] : Aliatra: "Fired? As in flamed or as in baked?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:50:00 2008] : DM: There a several large holes in the ground and several piles of loose gravel. People are working on one of the pits, cutting block of clay and stacking them up.
[Tue Aug 19 21:50:29 2008] : Oona: "Yes, that."
[Tue Aug 19 21:50:34 2008] : Dan: "Pretty much both I believe"
[Tue Aug 19 21:50:37 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 21:50
[Tue Aug 19 21:50:38 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 21:50
[Tue Aug 19 21:50:39 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 21:50
[Tue Aug 19 21:50:42 2008] : Dan: "Pretty much both I believe"
[Tue Aug 19 21:51:16 2008] : Aliatra: Booting '(3) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Aug 19 21:51:17 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 21:51
[Tue Aug 19 21:51:24 2008] : Dan: "I think one way with bricks is to build a bonfire over the top, then set it on fire"
[Tue Aug 19 21:51:32 2008] : DM: "A woman it muddy clothes approaches.
[Tue Aug 19 21:51:57 2008] : Aliatra: "Over the top of what?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:52:06 2008] : Dan: "the bricks"
[Tue Aug 19 21:52:10 2008] : Adrin: "The clay bricks"
[Tue Aug 19 21:52:22 2008] : Becca: "Hullo, sirs, madams, we weren't expected anyone today. Forewoman Becca at your service, how can I help?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:52:51 2008] : Becca: Becca looks agast at the mention of bonfires.
[Tue Aug 19 21:53:10 2008] : Aliatra: "What do you do with the clay you dig up?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:53:11 2008] : Becca: "Sir! You'r not suggesting using this premium clay in common house bricks?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:53:41 2008] : Becca: "Greenmere clays are for only the finest tableware and should be fired in a proper kiln."
[Tue Aug 19 21:54:56 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 21:54
[Tue Aug 19 21:54:58 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 21:54
[Tue Aug 19 21:54:58 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 21:54
[Tue Aug 19 21:55:16 2008] : Aliatra: Booting '(6) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Aug 19 21:55:17 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 21:55
[Tue Aug 19 21:55:37 2008] : Dan: "No, I was merely describing some of the things that can be done with clay, and ways to cure it"
[Tue Aug 19 21:55:40 2008] : Adrin: "We're not experts in clay, so I wouldn't take any notice of what we say"
[Tue Aug 19 21:55:55 2008] : Becca: "If you're not here about the clay what are you here for?"
[Tue Aug 19 21:56:13 2008] : Dan: "Indeed, i grew up in the mountains where we made all out of stone"
[Tue Aug 19 21:56:39 2008] : Aliatra: "And I'm used to just buying what I need"
[Tue Aug 19 21:57:42 2008] : Adrin: "We made a little pottery, but nothing on this scale"
[Tue Aug 19 21:58:19 2008] : Oona: "Looking ofr a chap. Larry I think his name is"
[Tue Aug 19 21:58:29 2008] : Dan: "Yes, Larry"
[Tue Aug 19 21:59:08 2008] : Becca: "My former assistant? He's down in the pit? Are you here about this accident?"
[Tue Aug 19 22:00:18 2008] : Adrin: "Former?"
[Tue Aug 19 22:01:03 2008] : Becca: "Larry was in charge at the time, come over here and I'll explain."
[Tue Aug 19 22:01:32 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra approaches
[Tue Aug 19 22:01:37 2008] : Aliatra: "Please do"
[Tue Aug 19 22:01:42 2008] : Becca: She walks to one of the big piles of gravel and sands and scoops up a handful, running it through her fingers.
[Tue Aug 19 22:02:27 2008] : Becca: "See how loose and granular it is. It mustn't be stacked to steep and or it will topple in the rains. Larry should have know better."
[Tue Aug 19 22:03:54 2008] : Adrin: "So he piled it too high and it collapsed?"
[Tue Aug 19 22:03:58 2008] : Becca: "Of course, after the accident I had to demote him. Can't have people getting careless and making mistakes like that."
[Tue Aug 19 22:04:09 2008] : Aliatra: "Whar harm is down if it collapses?"
[Tue Aug 19 22:04:17 2008] : Becca: "Basically, yes."
[Tue Aug 19 22:04:20 2008] : Aliatra: done
[Tue Aug 19 22:05:04 2008] : Becca: She waves at the big piles of gravel which stand taller than you. "If all that falls on you, you'll be suffocated before anyone can dig you out."
[Tue Aug 19 22:05:14 2008] : Dan: "And someone was working below it?"
[Tue Aug 19 22:05:28 2008] : Becca: "Aye,"
[Tue Aug 19 22:06:09 2008] : Aliatra: "That's terrible, Larry must be devastated"
[Tue Aug 19 22:06:10 2008] : Becca: "It had rained that day; a sudden heavy shower."
[Tue Aug 19 22:06:48 2008] : Adrin: "So why were they working to close to an unstable pile?"
[Tue Aug 19 22:07:03 2008] : Becca: She snorts derisively. "Larry blames the rain and not his own mistake. Says it was the will of the gods or some other such nonsense."
[Tue Aug 19 22:07:14 2008] : Oona: ooc brb
[Tue Aug 19 22:07:35 2008] : Dan: "Since when did the gods care about what happens in a clay pit?"
[Tue Aug 19 22:07:39 2008] : Becca: As you look around you see plenty of people hauling and working near the spoil tips.
[Tue Aug 19 22:07:40 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks flabbergasted
[Tue Aug 19 22:09:19 2008] : Becca: Becca only shrugs, as if to say she doesn't know either.
[Tue Aug 19 22:09:24 2008] : Adrin: "Someone dies under a spoil tip and you keep working so close to them? I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again"
[Tue Aug 19 22:10:03 2008] : Becca: "These are all stable now, they're safe."
[Tue Aug 19 22:10:16 2008] : Aliatra: "You can't always choose your working conditions, but you can take care of them"
[Tue Aug 19 22:12:10 2008] : Aliatra: "So where is Larry now?"
[Tue Aug 19 22:12:37 2008] : Becca: She points him out, he's hauling clay blocks up a ladder.
[Tue Aug 19 22:13:39 2008] : Oona: ooc back
[Tue Aug 19 22:16:05 2008] : Adrin: ooc I've no idea what to ask this guy
[Tue Aug 19 22:16:36 2008] : Becca: ooc you don't need to question him if you don't think it's necessary.
[Tue Aug 19 22:16:42 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Neither have I ;-)
[Tue Aug 19 22:17:34 2008] : Aliatra: To the others: "Do we want to talk to him now?"
[Tue Aug 19 22:18:03 2008] : Adrin: "I've nothing to ask him"
[Tue Aug 19 22:18:05 2008] : Dan: "I say we look into the other deaths for now"
[Tue Aug 19 22:18:13 2008] : Dan: "No point worrying him"
[Tue Aug 19 22:19:03 2008] : Adrin: "Thanks for the information Becca"
[Tue Aug 19 22:19:33 2008] : Becca: "Glad to help. Now I should get back to work."
[Tue Aug 19 22:20:00 2008] : Dan: "Yes, thanks for your time"
[Tue Aug 19 22:20:24 2008] : Aliatra: "Thank you, Becca, it's much clearer now"
[Tue Aug 19 22:21:46 2008] : Oona: "I would have asked him about the priest, maybe"
[Tue Aug 19 22:22:07 2008] : Dan: "OK, so... visit the fishermen, or out to the woods?"
[Tue Aug 19 22:22:21 2008] : Oona: "Yes, makes sense"
[Tue Aug 19 22:22:31 2008] : Dan: "We can always come back Oona"
[Tue Aug 19 22:22:35 2008] : Adrin: "Fisherman"
[Tue Aug 19 22:22:53 2008] : Dan: "Let's go then"
[Tue Aug 19 22:22:54 2008] : Aliatra: "Fishermen"
[Tue Aug 19 22:23:09 2008] : Dan: Dan heads to the small harbour
[Tue Aug 19 22:24:18 2008] : Adrin: Adrin trudges along with him
[Tue Aug 19 22:24:33 2008] : DM: There's a man working on a small upsidedown sailing boat, he's working on the keel.
[Tue Aug 19 22:25:33 2008] : Adrin: "That looks like the boat"
[Tue Aug 19 22:26:06 2008] : Aliatra: "Possibly"
[Tue Aug 19 22:26:07 2008] : Oona: "It does."
[Tue Aug 19 22:27:14 2008] : Garry: The man looks up from his work.
[Tue Aug 19 22:27:18 2008] : Garry: "Aye?"
[Tue Aug 19 22:28:29 2008] : Garry: ooc hello?
[Tue Aug 19 22:28:38 2008] : Adrin: "Is the boat that Frank died on?"
[Tue Aug 19 22:28:51 2008] : Adrin: ooc was scrolling up to find the guys name :)
[Tue Aug 19 22:30:03 2008] : Garry: "Aye. Keel snapped when a sudden gust of wind caught the sail. Flipped it right over."
[Tue Aug 19 22:30:46 2008] : Aliatra: "Sounds nasty. Does that happen a lot?"
[Tue Aug 19 22:31:14 2008] : Garry: "Nay, the wind round here is usually stable and steady."
[Tue Aug 19 22:32:12 2008] : Adrin: "So you reckon Frank made some kind of mistake?"
[Tue Aug 19 22:32:14 2008] : Dan: "Do you know how Frank actually died?"
[Tue Aug 19 22:32:36 2008] : Garry: "Drowned, must have hit his head when the boat went over."
[Tue Aug 19 22:33:21 2008] : Garry: "It shouldn't have gone over whatever the wind was, short of a full gale. Frank was a good sailor and always kept his boat in good nick."
[Tue Aug 19 22:34:13 2008] : Garry: Garry pick up the two broken pieces of the old keel.
[Tue Aug 19 22:34:52 2008] : Aliatra: "Weird kind of accident it was then"
[Tue Aug 19 22:34:59 2008] : Garry: "See here, something's not right about this crack either." He point to the break where clean wood is showing.
[Tue Aug 19 22:35:06 2008] : Aliatra: ooc brb
[Tue Aug 19 22:35:59 2008] : Adrin: "What do you mean?"
[Tue Aug 19 22:36:14 2008] : Garry: "It's new damage and not something that's worn out. Something broke and weakened the keel before Frank even set sail that morning."
[Tue Aug 19 22:36:14 2008] : Dan: "Can you explain what's not right?"
[Tue Aug 19 22:36:43 2008] : Dan: Dan's eyes narrow
[Tue Aug 19 22:36:49 2008] : Oona: "Did anyone have access to Frank's boat?"
[Tue Aug 19 22:37:46 2008] : Garry: "Everyone in the village. No one would want to sink it though. Frank was well liked by everyone."
[Tue Aug 19 22:39:07 2008] : Aliatra: ooc back
[Tue Aug 19 22:39:14 2008] : Garry: "Except for Akbar, but then he doesn't really get on with anyone in the village."
[Tue Aug 19 22:39:53 2008] : Adrin: "but do you think he'd damage the boat?"
[Tue Aug 19 22:40:04 2008] : Aliatra: "Why is he not liked?"
[Tue Aug 19 22:42:06 2008] : Garry: "Mostly because he's useless not like our previous priest."
[Tue Aug 19 22:42:36 2008] : Garry: "He seems decent enough though, can't see him sabotaging boats given how much be talks about rooting out evil."
[Tue Aug 19 22:44:00 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra decides to pray for Detect Evil
[Tue Aug 19 22:44:16 2008] : Aliatra: "What happened to your previous priest?"
[Tue Aug 19 22:45:20 2008] : Garry: "He was old and died some 4 months ago. It wasn't unexpected."
[Tue Aug 19 22:46:01 2008] : Aliatra: "Of course not, just curious"
[Tue Aug 19 22:46:40 2008] : Adrin: "Well, thanks for your time."
[Tue Aug 19 22:46:49 2008] : Garry: "No problem."
[Tue Aug 19 22:46:59 2008] : Garry: Garry gets back to his work mending the boat.
[Tue Aug 19 22:48:02 2008] : Adrin: "So, now what?"
[Tue Aug 19 22:48:08 2008] : Dan: Dan moves away
[Tue Aug 19 22:48:15 2008] : Dan: "Check out the wood?"
[Tue Aug 19 22:48:18 2008] : Oona: "Yes, now what. Basically, it's a lot of suspicion, but no suspect"
[Tue Aug 19 22:48:49 2008] : Oona: "Or rather, just one, but so obvious that it would be careless."
[Tue Aug 19 22:48:54 2008] : Oona: "Who knows though..."
[Tue Aug 19 22:50:18 2008] : Aliatra: "We can't be sure the priest is to blame, no matter what mighty beings tell us, but he i suspicious"
[Tue Aug 19 22:50:47 2008] : Adrin: "One avoidable accident, one freak accident with possible sabotage"
[Tue Aug 19 22:50:49 2008] : Dan: "We must remember that we were told this information by an Erinyes"
[Tue Aug 19 22:51:41 2008] : Dan: "They do not outright lie, but are more than happy to present the information in a way that leads us into evil and to their purpose"
[Tue Aug 19 22:53:07 2008] : Aliatra: "So before accusing anyone, we need to be sure ourselves"
[Tue Aug 19 22:54:31 2008] : Adrin: "Do we really care if this priest is arranging deaths? Surely all we want is information from him."
[Tue Aug 19 22:56:24 2008] : Dan: "Yes, shall we go and speak to him?"
[Tue Aug 19 22:57:08 2008] : DM: ooc there are still two more deaths you may wish to investigate
[Tue Aug 19 22:57:49 2008] : Dan: "Or should we find out all we can before then?"
[Tue Aug 19 22:58:03 2008] : Aliatra: "I want to know why that scout died"
[Tue Aug 19 22:58:55 2008] : Oona: "Yes, that wouold be the next step. But were there even witnesses?"
[Tue Aug 19 22:59:08 2008] : DM: GAME END