Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Aug 12 20:02:31 2008] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Aug 12 20:03:05 2008] : DM: You're in a old dragon's cave having just counted out and divided its substantial loot.
[Tue Aug 12 20:03:45 2008] : Adrin: "Ok, I take back what I said about not being bothered about finding this stash"
[Tue Aug 12 20:04:09 2008] : Oona: "I think now is time to go back, store or sell that stuff and go on to that funky village to find that "agent""
[Tue Aug 12 20:04:17 2008] : Dan: ooc err, we've pre-sold the loot
[Tue Aug 12 20:05:08 2008] : Dan: "Yes, this was a lucrative stopever, but probably not worth having our heads eaten for"
[Tue Aug 12 20:05:08 2008] : DM: ooc the way to the village goes through Southtown anyway.
[Tue Aug 12 20:05:40 2008] : Adrin: "No, but with the owner out of the way already..."
[Tue Aug 12 20:05:57 2008] : Dan: ooc did we go on horseback?
[Tue Aug 12 20:06:32 2008] : Adrin: ooc I kinda assumed so
[Tue Aug 12 20:06:34 2008] : Dan: "I was referring to the tale relayed to us by Asmerdyas Adrin"
[Tue Aug 12 20:06:35 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I did
[Tue Aug 12 20:06:48 2008] : Dan: "About our shadow friend"
[Tue Aug 12 20:06:51 2008] : Oona: "OK, let us go"
[Tue Aug 12 20:06:51 2008] : Adrin: "Ah, yes, good point"
[Tue Aug 12 20:07:02 2008] : Dan: "OK, let's mount up and head off"
[Tue Aug 12 20:07:36 2008] : Adrin: ooc did we split the cash or is it all lumped in the 12k gp on the wiki?
[Tue Aug 12 20:08:09 2008] : Dan: ooc we split is 8000 each
[Tue Aug 12 20:08:20 2008] : Adrin: ooc ok
[Tue Aug 12 20:08:31 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I remember 9,000 *shrug*
[Tue Aug 12 20:08:42 2008] : Dan: ooc err, probably 9000
[Tue Aug 12 20:08:46 2008] : Oona: ooc lol
[Tue Aug 12 20:09:12 2008] : Oona: ooc are there any cool items in 4th ed. ?
[Tue Aug 12 20:09:22 2008] : Oona: ooc like the Otherthings
[Tue Aug 12 20:09:27 2008] : Oona: ooc or something
[Tue Aug 12 20:09:34 2008] : Oona: ooc brb
[Tue Aug 12 20:09:37 2008] : Adrin: ooc Someotherthings?
[Tue Aug 12 20:09:56 2008] : Adrin: Adrin gets on his horse and prepares to leave
[Tue Aug 12 20:10:17 2008] : DM: ooc 4e has your standard D&D stuff.
[Tue Aug 12 20:10:30 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks around the cave one last time before going to her horse
[Tue Aug 12 20:11:02 2008] : Dan: Dan heads out and mounts his horse
[Tue Aug 12 20:12:25 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 20:12
[Tue Aug 12 20:12:27 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 20:12
[Tue Aug 12 20:12:27 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 20:12
[Tue Aug 12 20:12:32 2008] : DM: Some days later you're riding along a poor quality road toward the village of Greenmere. The gently rolling landscape around you looks like it was once extensive cultivated.
[Tue Aug 12 20:13:10 2008] : DM: Dotted about are clusters of tumbled down stone cottages, barely more than piles of rock after so many hundreds of years.
[Tue Aug 12 20:13:11 2008] : Adrin: "This looks like old farmland. I wonder where they all went"
[Tue Aug 12 20:13:15 2008] : Aliatra: Booting '(2) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Aug 12 20:13:16 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 20:13
[Tue Aug 12 20:14:13 2008] : DM: The former hedges are now rows of mature trees and the fields are overgrown with scrub, brambles and clusters of trees.
[Tue Aug 12 20:14:48 2008] : Aliatra: "It sure looks like people used to live her"
[Tue Aug 12 20:15:18 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra doesn't sound too interested
[Tue Aug 12 20:15:19 2008] : DM: Occasionally you pass a remote farmstead, stout stone walls and sturdy wooden gates ringing a yard and a small farmhouse and a few barns and other outbuildings.
[Tue Aug 12 20:15:54 2008] : DM: The farmers and look on distrustfully as you pass by them at work in their fields.
[Tue Aug 12 20:17:15 2008] : Oona: ooc and?
[Tue Aug 12 20:17:30 2008] : Aliatra: "They don't seem very trusting"
[Tue Aug 12 20:17:45 2008] : DM: At around noon on the third day out from Southtown you turn a corner and see slowly plodding towards you on exhuasted horses 4 soldiers in the livery of the king.
[Tue Aug 12 20:17:45 2008] : Dan: "We must look very odd to them"
[Tue Aug 12 20:18:18 2008] : Aliatra: "Odd? Us? How?"
[Tue Aug 12 20:18:49 2008] : DM: As you and the soldiers get nearer you notice that their armour is battered, their livery is torn and bloody and all have bandaged wounds.
[Tue Aug 12 20:18:55 2008] : Dan: Dan arches his eyebrows at Ali
[Tue Aug 12 20:19:25 2008] : Dan: Dan looks at the soldiers with concern
[Tue Aug 12 20:19:27 2008] : Adrin: Adrin slows his horse as they approach
[Tue Aug 12 20:19:39 2008] : Oona: "OOna follows suit"
[Tue Aug 12 20:19:52 2008] : Dan: Dan reins his horse in with the others
[Tue Aug 12 20:20:09 2008] : Sargeant Klimt: The soliders halt.
[Tue Aug 12 20:20:39 2008] : Sargeant Klimt: "Whatever your business along this road you should just turn back now."
[Tue Aug 12 20:20:40 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra halts
[Tue Aug 12 20:20:55 2008] : Oona: "You look indeed to have had a rough time"
[Tue Aug 12 20:21:03 2008] : Adrin: "Whys that?"
[Tue Aug 12 20:21:03 2008] : Aliatra: "Can we be of assistence? I have some healing powers"
[Tue Aug 12 20:21:13 2008] : Oona: "Is that what awaits us at the end of this road?"
[Tue Aug 12 20:22:05 2008] : Sargeant Klimt: "Aye, I would be greatful for some healing for my squad."
[Tue Aug 12 20:22:29 2008] : Adrin: "You look like you've been through the wars"
[Tue Aug 12 20:22:48 2008] : Sargeant Klimt: "Or what's left of it. Big raiding band of orcs, orges and who knows what else has swept down from the mountains to the north."
[Tue Aug 12 20:23:29 2008] : Adrin: "How big a band?"
[Tue Aug 12 20:23:37 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes through the ranks helping the most injured
[Tue Aug 12 20:23:46 2008] : Aliatra: "And how far away?"
[Tue Aug 12 20:24:06 2008] : Sargeant Klimt: "There were 6 in my squad and we could do nothing, they tore through us and carried on to Brandon's farmstead."
[Tue Aug 12 20:24:49 2008] : Sargeant Klimt: "Must be around two dozen maybe more, and they're only half a day back that way."
[Tue Aug 12 20:26:17 2008] : Dan: "Sound's like Brandon is in need of assistance"
[Tue Aug 12 20:26:59 2008] : Adrin: "Sounds like time for a fight"
[Tue Aug 12 20:27:05 2008] : Sargeant Klimt: "Aye, but by the time the message reaches the city and for reinforcements to arrive it'll be too late."
[Tue Aug 12 20:27:07 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 1: Cure Light Wounds (lvl 1) Cures 1d8 damage +1/lvl (max +5) [1d8+5] => [3,5] = (8).
[Tue Aug 12 20:27:07 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 1: Cure Light Wounds (lvl 1) Cures 1d8 damage +1/lvl (max +5) [1d8+5] => [5,5] = (10).
[Tue Aug 12 20:27:09 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 1: Cure Light Wounds (lvl 1) Cures 1d8 damage +1/lvl (max +5) [1d8+5] => [2,5] = (7).
[Tue Aug 12 20:27:10 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 1: Cure Light Wounds (lvl 1) Cures 1d8 damage +1/lvl (max +5) [1d8+5] => [3,5] = (8).
[Tue Aug 12 20:27:30 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra cures using a wand
[Tue Aug 12 20:27:36 2008] : Sargeant Klimt: All the soldiers look a lot better now and smile their thanks.
[Tue Aug 12 20:28:11 2008] : Oona: "Anyone we should be looking for there?'
[Tue Aug 12 20:29:05 2008] : Sargeant Klimt: "At Brandon's?"
[Tue Aug 12 20:30:14 2008] : Oona: "yes"
[Tue Aug 12 20:30:20 2008] : Oona: "Or elsewhere"
[Tue Aug 12 20:30:36 2008] : Dan: "I could be back in Southtown immediately, and back here tomorrow, or maybe earlier"
[Tue Aug 12 20:30:53 2008] : Oona: "what were you doing in these remote parts?" Just happned to be there or did the villagers call you?"
[Tue Aug 12 20:31:07 2008] : Aliatra: "What do you want to do in Southtown?"
[Tue Aug 12 20:31:38 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's fight first and seek that guy later"
[Tue Aug 12 20:32:00 2008] : Sargeant Klimt: "There's only Mr and Mrs Brandon and their young son and daughter. Their's is the last farmstead untill you reach Greenmere another two days away."
[Tue Aug 12 20:32:01 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra rolls her shoulders as if she fears to grow stiff
[Tue Aug 12 20:32:20 2008] : Dan: "How far to the farmstead?"
[Tue Aug 12 20:33:17 2008] : Sargeant Klimt: "We are one of the regular patrols along this road." He turns bitter. "I told the Captain 6 men for the whole road wasn't enough but did he listen..."
[Tue Aug 12 20:33:25 2008] : Sargeant Klimt: "Half a day on horse."
[Tue Aug 12 20:33:48 2008] : Aliatra: "Do they ever listen?"
[Tue Aug 12 20:34:12 2008] : Sargeant Klimt: "You're not thinking of going there? Those ogre can't half pack a punch and I think there was some magic"
[Tue Aug 12 20:34:27 2008] : Adrin: "Why not? Its something to do"
[Tue Aug 12 20:34:34 2008] : Adrin: Adrin grins
[Tue Aug 12 20:35:08 2008] : Sargeant Klimt: "You're crazy." He shakes his head.
[Tue Aug 12 20:35:14 2008] : Dan: "As a practitioner myself, I'm not afraid of the arcane"
[Tue Aug 12 20:35:35 2008] : Oona: "I don't much like magic, but I think my friends here can take care of this"
[Tue Aug 12 20:35:35 2008] : Dan: "And my colleagues are well tooled with magical items themselves"
[Tue Aug 12 20:35:44 2008] : Oona: "Adrin and I will tke care of the non arcane"
[Tue Aug 12 20:36:02 2008] : Adrin: "Times a wasting"
[Tue Aug 12 20:36:19 2008] : Sargeant Klimt: "Good luck then. We have to report and request reinforcements so we'd best be on out way again."
[Tue Aug 12 20:36:34 2008] : Sargeant Klimt: "Thanks for the healing."
[Tue Aug 12 20:37:00 2008] : Sargeant Klimt: He kicks his weary horse and the head of again down the road.
[Tue Aug 12 20:37:11 2008] : Aliatra: "It was a pleasure"
[Tue Aug 12 20:37:23 2008] : Adrin: Adrin kicks his horse into motion
[Tue Aug 12 20:37:41 2008] : Dan: "Let's hustle"
[Tue Aug 12 20:37:53 2008] : Sargeant Klimt: ooc brb
[Tue Aug 12 20:37:55 2008] : Dan: Dan gees his horse into a canter
[Tue Aug 12 20:38:36 2008] : Aliatra: "Time for some action: all that riding gets boring after a while"
[Tue Aug 12 20:38:53 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra pulls up and joins Adrin
[Tue Aug 12 20:40:27 2008] : Oona: "Agreed"
[Tue Aug 12 20:40:45 2008] : Oona: Oona motions her horse along
[Tue Aug 12 20:40:58 2008] : Oona: ooc did we get to buy stuff in town with our 9000 GP?
[Tue Aug 12 20:41:09 2008] : Sargeant Klimt: ooc yes
[Tue Aug 12 20:42:49 2008] : Oona: ooc thx
[Tue Aug 12 20:45:38 2008] : DM: Since you're riding more swiftly than usual you reach the turning to Brandon's at 4 pm.
[Tue Aug 12 20:46:45 2008] : DM: You hear the sounds of the ogre and orc warband's drums and war cries but you don't seen them yet.
[Tue Aug 12 20:47:04 2008] : Oona: ooc where do we hear them?
[Tue Aug 12 20:47:10 2008] : Aliatra: "Right, anybody have any plans?"
[Tue Aug 12 20:47:14 2008] : Oona: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [15,11] = (26)
[Tue Aug 12 20:47:42 2008] : DM: For further down the track, there's a small rise and you guess the farmstead and the warband lies just beyond it.
[Tue Aug 12 20:47:45 2008] : Oona: "Well, first, leave the horses here, then try and find these creatures, assess the situation, raid, go back to Greenmere"
[Tue Aug 12 20:47:46 2008] : Adrin: "Run in and kill them"
[Tue Aug 12 20:47:50 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Mage Armour (level 1): Gives subject +4 armor bonus for 1 hour/level
[Tue Aug 12 20:48:08 2008] : Oona: Oona dismounts and ties her horse to a nearby tree
[Tue Aug 12 20:48:12 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Protection from Arrows (level 2): Subject immune to most ranged attacks (Duration - 1 hour/level or until discharged)
[Tue Aug 12 20:49:08 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra follows Oona
[Tue Aug 12 20:49:23 2008] : Dan: Dan also follows Oona
[Tue Aug 12 20:49:54 2008] : Oona: "I propose to go ahead and scout, see, if I can make their numbers and location"
[Tue Aug 12 20:49:56 2008] : Adrin: Adrin does likewise
[Tue Aug 12 20:50:01 2008] : Oona: "And come back so we can elaborate a plan"
[Tue Aug 12 20:50:08 2008] : Adrin: "Ok, be quick."
[Tue Aug 12 20:50:14 2008] : Aliatra: "Adrin: if we get closer to them I think I'll give both of us a strength boost"
[Tue Aug 12 20:50:30 2008] : Aliatra: "And be careful, Oona"
[Tue Aug 12 20:50:32 2008] : Oona: Oona goes towards the noises, keeping ti shades, scrubs and hillrise
[Tue Aug 12 20:50:34 2008] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [17,18] = (35)
[Tue Aug 12 20:50:38 2008] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [6,18] = (24)
[Tue Aug 12 20:51:01 2008] : Aliatra: ooc She's slipping: only 24
[Tue Aug 12 20:51:06 2008] : Oona: Looking beyond the hill rise, trying to get as close as I can without getting into danger zone
[Tue Aug 12 20:51:16 2008] : DM: ooc I'm going to describe the scene to everyone if that's okay?
[Tue Aug 12 20:51:47 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Please do!
[Tue Aug 12 20:52:51 2008] : Dan: ooc I've been doing the staves wrong - a staff uses my level for variable effects, so the stoneskin lasts longer and absorbs more, as if it was my spell!
[Tue Aug 12 20:52:55 2008] : Oona: ooc yeah, that's good.
[Tue Aug 12 20:53:14 2008] : DM: Sitting in a small valley with a stream and surrounded by small fields of well-tended crops is one of the typical farmsteads of the area.
[Tue Aug 12 20:54:36 2008] : DM: A small house, barn and outbuildings looking onto a yard. The wooden gate is closed and outside, sprawled haphazardly, are around 12 orcs. Some are drumming and others and chanting their gutteral war cries.
[Tue Aug 12 20:55:10 2008] : DM: Three more orcs are chopping away at a small felled tree and appear to be making a crude battering ram.
[Tue Aug 12 20:55:10 2008] : Oona: Oona assesses the situation and sneaks back to her friends
[Tue Aug 12 20:55:17 2008] : Oona: ooc oops
[Tue Aug 12 20:55:25 2008] : Oona: ooc say when you're done :)
[Tue Aug 12 20:56:18 2008] : DM: Standing around supervising is a large ogre-like or giant-like flanked by two rough, brutish ogres.
[Tue Aug 12 20:56:23 2008] : DM: Knowledge nature.
[Tue Aug 12 20:56:44 2008] : DM: ooc for Oona only
[Tue Aug 12 20:56:51 2008] : Dan: ooc Oona, or all of us?
[Tue Aug 12 20:57:05 2008] : Dan: ooc :)
[Tue Aug 12 20:57:51 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 20:57
[Tue Aug 12 20:57:53 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 20:57
[Tue Aug 12 20:57:53 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 20:57
[Tue Aug 12 20:58:25 2008] : Aliatra: Booting '(6) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Aug 12 20:58:27 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 20:58
[Tue Aug 12 20:59:24 2008] : DM: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [9,7] = (16)
[Tue Aug 12 20:59:35 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Anybody here?
[Tue Aug 12 20:59:43 2008] : DM: ooc I am
[Tue Aug 12 20:59:55 2008] : Dan: ooc moi aussi
[Tue Aug 12 20:59:58 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Good to see you :)
[Tue Aug 12 21:00:00 2008] : Adrin: ooc me
[Tue Aug 12 21:00:25 2008] : Oona: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [17,7] = (24)
[Tue Aug 12 21:00:29 2008] : Oona: what happened?
[Tue Aug 12 21:00:31 2008] : Oona: ooc
[Tue Aug 12 21:00:52 2008] : DM: The leader is an ogre mage.
[Tue Aug 12 21:00:57 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 21:00
[Tue Aug 12 21:00:58 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 21:00
[Tue Aug 12 21:00:58 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 21:00
[Tue Aug 12 21:01:12 2008] : Aliatra: Booting '(7) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Aug 12 21:01:13 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 21:01
[Tue Aug 12 21:01:16 2008] : Oona: ooc shaky connection?
[Tue Aug 12 21:01:35 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Vista *shrug*
[Tue Aug 12 21:01:51 2008] : Adrin: ooc can I apply changes to some of the things I bought from the dragon loot?
[Tue Aug 12 21:02:06 2008] : Dan: ooc maybe it's port throttling like Bert had
[Tue Aug 12 21:02:17 2008] : DM: Ogre mages can fly at will, and have several spells they can cast: darkness and cone of cold amongst others which you can't recall.
[Tue Aug 12 21:02:38 2008] : Adrin: ooc I couldn't even connect before
[Tue Aug 12 21:03:24 2008] : Oona: Oona goes back and explains it all
[Tue Aug 12 21:03:25 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Every ince in a while my system freezes, even when not on-line. Haven't figured it out yet
[Tue Aug 12 21:03:36 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [18,11] = (29)
[Tue Aug 12 21:04:00 2008] : Aliatra: Haven't been here since: Sitting in a small valley with a stream and surrounded by small fields of well-tended crops is one of the typical farmsteads of the area.
[Tue Aug 12 21:04:38 2008] : DM: ooc 15 orcs, 2 ogres and an ogre mage
[Tue Aug 12 21:04:49 2008] : Aliatra: ooc ty :)
[Tue Aug 12 21:05:33 2008] : Oona: "So now, what do we do? I think we can take them pretty easily. But stealth and some help from your long-armed jumpy friends (she winks to Dan) would probably be a good idea"
[Tue Aug 12 21:06:31 2008] : DM: ooc would you belive it? No orcs or ogres in my tree
[Tue Aug 12 21:06:33 2008] : Aliatra: "Get closer, give Adrin and me more strength and then all of us do what we do best"
[Tue Aug 12 21:06:46 2008] : DM: ooc how have you made it this far without fighting orcs!?
[Tue Aug 12 21:07:01 2008] : Aliatra: ooc You'll need some time then to prepare for the fight
[Tue Aug 12 21:07:03 2008] : Oona: ooc I know. Insane.
[Tue Aug 12 21:07:07 2008] : Adrin: ooc you tell us :P
[Tue Aug 12 21:07:30 2008] : DM: ooc carry on, it doesn't take long to fill in a node
[Tue Aug 12 21:08:06 2008] : Dan: "So, tactics..."
[Tue Aug 12 21:08:38 2008] : Dan: "I can fireball at least some of the orcs from a distance"
[Tue Aug 12 21:09:15 2008] : Aliatra: "Adrin: just try to not get surrounded by enemies this time"
[Tue Aug 12 21:09:25 2008] : Dan: "I can also dimension door any takers into the fray, but the ogre mage needs taking before he can react to us if possible"
[Tue Aug 12 21:10:15 2008] : Dan: "Would you like stoneskin applying? I have one spell"
[Tue Aug 12 21:10:20 2008] : Adrin: "Fireball him then"
[Tue Aug 12 21:10:24 2008] : Aliatra: "So mage first, dimension door later"
[Tue Aug 12 21:10:27 2008] : Dan: "Any more would require me to use the staff"
[Tue Aug 12 21:10:49 2008] : Oona: "Sounds good to me"
[Tue Aug 12 21:10:53 2008] : Dan: "He won't be too affected by a fireball, but it would warn him"
[Tue Aug 12 21:11:07 2008] : Oona: "Although I'd rather stay hidden and strike from unexpected places"
[Tue Aug 12 21:11:08 2008] : Dan: "So what can we do?"
[Tue Aug 12 21:11:11 2008] : Adrin: "Give it to Ali. We need her to heal us"
[Tue Aug 12 21:11:39 2008] : Adrin: "Can you bring in your big friends right besde him?"
[Tue Aug 12 21:11:45 2008] : Dan: "Was there anywhere close by that I could take us in hidden Oona?"
[Tue Aug 12 21:12:13 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Stoneskin (level 4): Ignore 10 points of damage per attack (DR 10/Adamantine absorbs 10HP of damage/level of caster; Duration - 10 minutes/level)
[Tue Aug 12 21:12:17 2008] : Oona: ooc /me pings the DM
[Tue Aug 12 21:12:24 2008] : Aliatra: "I have been praying for Sound Burst and Hold Person, shall I use them against the mage?"
[Tue Aug 12 21:12:31 2008] : DM: ooc let me draw a tactical map.
[Tue Aug 12 21:13:02 2008] : Dan: "I'm not sure that he's affected by th elatter Ali"
[Tue Aug 12 21:13:07 2008] : Dan: ooc the latter
[Tue Aug 12 21:13:24 2008] : Dan: "I should probably call some allies first"
[Tue Aug 12 21:13:49 2008] : Oona: ooc brb
[Tue Aug 12 21:14:40 2008] : Dan: "My plan would be to call a hound Archon, then a griffon..."
[Tue Aug 12 21:15:24 2008] : Dan: "Then take the five of us land based creatures closer with a dimension door"
[Tue Aug 12 21:15:42 2008] : Dan: "If it's possible to stay hidden"
[Tue Aug 12 21:16:11 2008] : Dan: "I would then try to fireball the orcs, and hopefully the rest of you can get to the ogre mage"
[Tue Aug 12 21:16:16 2008] : Oona: "Well there are a number of buildingsa nd such"
[Tue Aug 12 21:16:19 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Great map! ;)
[Tue Aug 12 21:16:31 2008] : Oona: Oona starts drawing a quick map on the ground
[Tue Aug 12 21:16:40 2008] : Oona: ooc where are we?
[Tue Aug 12 21:17:35 2008] : Dan: "The griffon can attack the ogre mage if he begins flying"
[Tue Aug 12 21:17:48 2008] : Dan: "The hound archon can help with the ogre"
[Tue Aug 12 21:18:35 2008] : Dan: "I have some other tricks available"
[Tue Aug 12 21:19:25 2008] : Aliatra: "Searing Light for the mage, Sound Burst and sword for the others from me, I think"
[Tue Aug 12 21:19:56 2008] : Oona: "Should we all concentrate on the mage and then just move on, toe ach our own?"
[Tue Aug 12 21:20:01 2008] : Adrin: "I agree. Take out the magic guy first"
[Tue Aug 12 21:20:02 2008] : Oona: *to each
[Tue Aug 12 21:21:19 2008] : Adrin: "Send in the summons to distract, then we attack"
[Tue Aug 12 21:21:35 2008] : Dan: "You should do what you think is optimal for you Oona"
[Tue Aug 12 21:21:48 2008] : Dan: "Don't get trapped"
[Tue Aug 12 21:21:51 2008] : DM: ooc scroll down to see where you are
[Tue Aug 12 21:21:57 2008] : Aliatra: "First eliminate the magic, after that concentrate on the weapons"
[Tue Aug 12 21:22:03 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Shield (level 1) : +4 shield bonus to AC. Protection from MM. (Duration - 1 minute/level)
[Tue Aug 12 21:22:11 2008] : DM: ooc the green circles are big trees, the straighter squiggles are hedges.
[Tue Aug 12 21:22:22 2008] : Oona: ooc dan is double!
[Tue Aug 12 21:22:28 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Dan in in t2o places at once ;)
[Tue Aug 12 21:22:36 2008] : Aliatra: two
[Tue Aug 12 21:23:00 2008] : Oona: ooc 1 big is the mage, right?
[Tue Aug 12 21:23:45 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra casts upon Adrin and herself
[Tue Aug 12 21:23:51 2008] : Dan: "OK, I suggest we dimension door to here..."
[Tue Aug 12 21:23:55 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 2: Bull's Strength (lvl 2) Subject gains +4 to Str for 1 min./lvl.
[Tue Aug 12 21:23:58 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 2: Bull's Strength (lvl 2) Subject gains +4 to Str for 1 min./lvl.
[Tue Aug 12 21:24:08 2008] : Dan: Dan puts an X on Oona's sketch"
[Tue Aug 12 21:24:25 2008] : Adrin: "That means fighting all the way through those guys to get to the mage"
[Tue Aug 12 21:24:30 2008] : Dan: ooc is that behind a hedge
[Tue Aug 12 21:25:01 2008] : Dan: "OK, well I guess we suprise them so i could drop us in the clear"
[Tue Aug 12 21:25:33 2008] : Oona: "Why? We're never gonna get tot he ogres that way. I would go around the trees and along the hedge."
[Tue Aug 12 21:26:05 2008] : Oona: Oona draws on the ground
[Tue Aug 12 21:26:08 2008] : Aliatra: "That sounds good, Oona"
[Tue Aug 12 21:26:29 2008] : Dan: ooc sorry dave it removed the wrong line (i.e. not the one I had highlighted!)
[Tue Aug 12 21:26:41 2008] : Oona: Dan, this said, I can do this, while you drop the other ones in the clear. I can fight better if I can keep hidden
[Tue Aug 12 21:26:54 2008] : Oona: ooc how thick and high are the hedges?
[Tue Aug 12 21:27:09 2008] : Dan: "That's going to take you some time"
[Tue Aug 12 21:27:41 2008] : Dan: "Do you have a potion of invisibility?"
[Tue Aug 12 21:28:32 2008] : DM: ooc the hedges are about 1.5 m high and about 1 m think. They're beech hedges so they're not thorny.
[Tue Aug 12 21:28:52 2008] : Dan: ooc what kind of a rogue doesnt? :-P
[Tue Aug 12 21:29:07 2008] : Oona: ooc could I stab the orgres through the hedges?
[Tue Aug 12 21:29:19 2008] : Oona: "I don't"
[Tue Aug 12 21:29:25 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Mirror Image (level 2): Creates decoy duplicates of you (1d4 +1 per three levels, max 8) ==> [1d4+3] => [4,3] = (7) images (Image AC = 15; Duration - 1 minute per level)
[Tue Aug 12 21:29:26 2008] : Oona: ooc my kind :)
[Tue Aug 12 21:29:41 2008] : DM: ooc no, they're standing away from the hedges.
[Tue Aug 12 21:29:47 2008] : Oona: ooc k
[Tue Aug 12 21:30:06 2008] : DM: ooc you could shoot over them or burrow your way through them.
[Tue Aug 12 21:30:56 2008] : DM: ooc I'm ready whenever you are.
[Tue Aug 12 21:31:25 2008] : Dan: "Well, we need to decide where we jump to"
[Tue Aug 12 21:31:36 2008] : Dan: "And if Oona accompanies us"
[Tue Aug 12 21:31:42 2008] : Oona: I'll go around. I'll start now. You decide where you come in.
[Tue Aug 12 21:31:52 2008] : Adrin: "I think round the corner of the hedge closest to the orges"
[Tue Aug 12 21:32:00 2008] : Oona: oona start moving slowly, keeping cover
[Tue Aug 12 21:32:02 2008] : Adrin: ooc near the tip of that arrow
[Tue Aug 12 21:32:09 2008] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [3,18] = (21)
[Tue Aug 12 21:32:13 2008] : Dan: "Good idea, It will take me about 20 seconds to get my spells done"
[Tue Aug 12 21:32:13 2008] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [1,18] = (19)
[Tue Aug 12 21:32:15 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's do it now before my spells loses effect"
[Tue Aug 12 21:32:20 2008] : Oona: ooc DAMNED
[Tue Aug 12 21:32:24 2008] : Dan: Dan finishes casting Augmented Summon Monster V - Hound Archon (Medium outsider): 41hp; Aura of menace, change shape, damage reduction 10/evil, immunity to electricity and petrification, magic circle against evil, scent, tongues; AC= 15 (15 FF, 11 Touch); SR=16; Darkvision 60 ft; Speed 40ft
[Tue Aug 12 21:32:25 2008] : DM: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+10] => [1,10] = (11)
[Tue Aug 12 21:32:36 2008] : DM: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [19,2] = (21)
[Tue Aug 12 21:32:37 2008] : DM: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [11,2] = (13)
[Tue Aug 12 21:32:41 2008] : Dan: Augmented Hound Archon: Casts Aid: Target gains morale bonuses... +1 on attack rolls, +1 against fear, [1d8+3] => [8,3] = (11) temporary hp (dur: 6 minutes)
[Tue Aug 12 21:32:50 2008] : DM: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [6,2] = (8)
[Tue Aug 12 21:32:52 2008] : DM: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [20,2] = (22)
[Tue Aug 12 21:32:54 2008] : Dan: ooc on Adrin
[Tue Aug 12 21:33:01 2008] : Dan: Dan finishes casting Augmented Summon Monster V - Celestial Griffon (Large magical beast): 79hp; 5 resist on acid, cold and electricity; Damage reduction 5/Magic; AC= 17; SR = 12; Darkvision 60'; Speed 30' (walk) 80' (fly, average);
[Tue Aug 12 21:33:04 2008] : DM: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+10] => [17,10] = (27)
[Tue Aug 12 21:33:19 2008] : DM: ooc where are you sneaking to Oona?
[Tue Aug 12 21:33:31 2008] : Oona: ooc along the arrow
[Tue Aug 12 21:33:41 2008] : Dan: ooc Ali has two rounds to do buff spells
[Tue Aug 12 21:34:12 2008] : DM: Okay, you make it to the hedge without them hearing you over their drumming and shouting.
[Tue Aug 12 21:34:18 2008] : DM: Initiative
[Tue Aug 12 21:34:24 2008] : DM: [1d20+4] => [6,4] = (10)
[Tue Aug 12 21:34:25 2008] : Adrin: Adrin activates his cloak just before the big push
[Tue Aug 12 21:34:28 2008] : Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+3] => [1,3] = (4)
[Tue Aug 12 21:34:36 2008] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [6,7] = (13)
[Tue Aug 12 21:34:39 2008] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [9,5] = (14)
[Tue Aug 12 21:34:45 2008] : DM: ooc er. One moment, big pile of pistachio shells where my note paper should be...
[Tue Aug 12 21:34:52 2008] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Aug 12 21:34:53 2008] : Oona: ooc lol
[Tue Aug 12 21:35:00 2008] : Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Tue Aug 12 21:35:34 2008] : Dan: ooc that took Oona a few rounds, we should have dimension doored before she got there (30 feet per round)
[Tue Aug 12 21:35:54 2008] : DM: ++
[Tue Aug 12 21:36:41 2008] : DM: Oona, initative.
[Tue Aug 12 21:37:18 2008] : DM: ooc are you not dimension dooring when Oona gets into position?
[Tue Aug 12 21:37:25 2008] : Dan: ooc the plan was to synch our spells to when she got closer, but to buff and jump in
[Tue Aug 12 21:37:32 2008] : Dan: sure
[Tue Aug 12 21:37:46 2008] : Oona: Initiative: [1d20+10] => [9,10] = (19)
[Tue Aug 12 21:40:20 2008] : DM: Dan casts dimension door and surprises the orcs and ogres with your sudden appearance. (you get a surprise round)
[Tue Aug 12 21:40:23 2008] : DM: OOna?
[Tue Aug 12 21:40:35 2008] : Oona: ooc have they seen me?
[Tue Aug 12 21:40:44 2008] : DM: ooc they don't appear to have
[Tue Aug 12 21:41:10 2008] : Oona: Oona round the corner of the hedge, aims and fires at the mage
[Tue Aug 12 21:41:34 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (base): [1d20+16] => [3,16] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [2,6] = (8)
[Tue Aug 12 21:41:34 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (second): [1d20+11] => [1,11] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [4,6] = (10)
[Tue Aug 12 21:41:49 2008] : Oona: ooc I can't move again, can I?
[Tue Aug 12 21:42:02 2008] : DM: ooc you can take a 5ft step around the corner.
[Tue Aug 12 21:42:08 2008] : Oona: I do that.
[Tue Aug 12 21:42:09 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Aug 12 21:42:27 2008] : DM: One arrow hits, sneak attack damage.
[Tue Aug 12 21:42:29 2008] : Oona: ooc what the hell is wrong with my dice!
[Tue Aug 12 21:42:32 2008] : Dan: ooc we decided on direct confrontation?
[Tue Aug 12 21:42:42 2008] : Oona: ducking, piercing, slashing...: Sneak attack: [5d6] => [2,5,5,1,3] = (16)
[Tue Aug 12 21:42:49 2008] : Oona: ooc we didn't?
[Tue Aug 12 21:43:03 2008] : Dan: ooc the rest of us :)
[Tue Aug 12 21:43:57 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Aug 12 21:44:54 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Fireball (level 3): Blasts a 20ft radius with fire dealing [10d6] => [6,4,3,5,1,6,4,5,1,2] = (37) fire damage (Reflex save DC 19 for half damage)
[Tue Aug 12 21:45:35 2008] : DM: ooc can you draw the area of effect?
[Tue Aug 12 21:45:43 2008] : Dan: ooc Done :)
[Tue Aug 12 21:46:16 2008] : DM: 8 orcs are instantly incinerated to a crisp. Nothing left but black and smoking corpses.
[Tue Aug 12 21:46:31 2008] : Dan: Archon charges the closest ogre
[Tue Aug 12 21:46:55 2008] : Dan: Augmented Hound Archon: Great sword [1d20+10] => [14,10] = (24) ==> Damage: [2d6+6] => [6,4,6] = (16) (treat as lawful and good for overcoming damage reduction)
[Tue Aug 12 21:47:35 2008] : DM: Hits
[Tue Aug 12 21:47:57 2008] : Dan: Griffon flies over...
[Tue Aug 12 21:48:02 2008] : Dan: ooc one more thing...
[Tue Aug 12 21:48:44 2008] : Dan: Will save from ogre
[Tue Aug 12 21:48:54 2008] : DM: Will save: [1d20+3] => [10,3] = (13)
[Tue Aug 12 21:49:03 2008] : DM: Will save: [1d20+1] => [15,1] = (16)
[Tue Aug 12 21:49:07 2008] : DM: 11
[Tue Aug 12 21:49:30 2008] : Dan: dc 16
[Tue Aug 12 21:49:35 2008] : Dan: Augmented Hound Archon: Aura of Menace: -2 penalty on attacks, AC and saves until they successfully hit the archon (Will save DC 15 to negate)
[Tue Aug 12 21:49:36 2008] : DM: Failed.
[Tue Aug 12 21:49:58 2008] : Dan: ooc 20 foot radius, so the next guy too
[Tue Aug 12 21:50:04 2008] : Dan: And done
[Tue Aug 12 21:50:11 2008] : DM: Will save: [1d20+1] => [15,1] = (16)
[Tue Aug 12 21:50:15 2008] : DM: Saves
[Tue Aug 12 21:50:21 2008] : Dan: ooc the 15 above is wrong
[Tue Aug 12 21:50:22 2008] : Oona: ooc and me too?
[Tue Aug 12 21:50:34 2008] : DM: ooc only enemies
[Tue Aug 12 21:50:38 2008] : Dan: ooc no, only evil
[Tue Aug 12 21:50:42 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Aug 12 21:51:09 2008] : Oona: ooc and the attack penalty is against all or just against the archon?
[Tue Aug 12 21:51:24 2008] : Dan: ooc all
[Tue Aug 12 21:51:47 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra casts a spell aimed at the ogre mage
[Tue Aug 12 21:52:12 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 3: Searing light (lvl 3) Ray deals 1d8/two levels [3d8] => [6,1,8] = (15) damage, [6d6] => [4,4,1,1,4,4] = (18) against undead
[Tue Aug 12 21:52:37 2008] : Aliatra: Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+8] => [13,8] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Aug 12 21:52:37 2008] : Aliatra: Ranged touch attack (second): [1d20+3] => [18,3] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Aug 12 21:52:49 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Aug 12 21:54:05 2008] : DM: The ogre mages gets a blast of energy in its chest, the links of its armour grow white hot and burst and the ogre mage topples over dead.
[Tue Aug 12 21:54:33 2008] : Dan: ooc whoah!
[Tue Aug 12 21:54:38 2008] : Adrin: ooc now I have to change what I was going to do! :P
[Tue Aug 12 21:54:42 2008] : DM: ooc apparently there was a farmstead here until Dan cruelly razed it to the ground.
[Tue Aug 12 21:54:46 2008] : Aliatra: [1d6] => [3] = (3)
[Tue Aug 12 21:54:48 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Aug 12 21:55:01 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Aug 12 21:55:19 2008] : Adrin: Adrin flies into a rage and charges Orge #2 (+1 Aid & +2 Charge to attack, +1 STR to atk and dmg)
[Tue Aug 12 21:55:22 2008] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+19] => [20,19] = (39) ===> Damage: [2d6+11+1d6] => [2,1,11,4] = (18)
[Tue Aug 12 21:55:22 2008] : Adrin: Critical hit? [1d20+19] => [19,19] = (38) ===> Damage: [4d6+22+1d6] => [6,4,5,2,22,3] = (42)
[Tue Aug 12 21:55:23 2008] : Adrin: +2 Icy Greatsword(Rage) (second): [1d20+14] => [11,14] = (25) ===> Damage: [2d6+11+1d6] => [5,4,11,5] = (25)
[Tue Aug 12 21:55:24 2008] : Dan: ooc LOL - not my fault, I'm tying to remove my fireball from the map, but it's deleting random building parts!
[Tue Aug 12 21:55:46 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Aug 12 21:56:02 2008] : Adrin: ooc I can't move my mini?
[Tue Aug 12 21:56:39 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Have you assigned yourself a player role?
[Tue Aug 12 21:56:40 2008] : DM: Adrin fells the ogre in a single mighty blow, his sword smashing through the surprised ogres arm and deep into its chest before severing its spine and killing it instandly in a fountain of gore.
[Tue Aug 12 21:57:03 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Aug 12 21:57:09 2008] : Oona: Oona rounds the corner again and aims at the closest ogre
[Tue Aug 12 21:57:13 2008] : Adrin: ooc I'm set to Player, but it didn't want to move. Did anyone else move it?
[Tue Aug 12 21:57:26 2008] : DM: ooc not me
[Tue Aug 12 21:57:28 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (base): [1d20+16] => [6,16] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [6,6] = (12)
[Tue Aug 12 21:57:28 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (second): [1d20+11] => [15,11] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [5,6] = (11)
[Tue Aug 12 21:57:33 2008] : Adrin: Adrin lets rip a maddened scream
[Tue Aug 12 21:57:35 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Nor me
[Tue Aug 12 21:57:37 2008] : DM: Two sneak attacks
[Tue Aug 12 21:57:38 2008] : Oona: ducking, piercing, slashing...: Sneak attack: [5d6] => [6,1,3,6,5] = (21)
[Tue Aug 12 21:57:43 2008] : Adrin: ooc must've just been a little lag then
[Tue Aug 12 21:57:43 2008] : Oona: ducking, piercing, slashing...: Sneak attack: [5d6] => [2,4,4,6,1] = (17)
[Tue Aug 12 21:58:08 2008] : Oona: five foot step back.
[Tue Aug 12 21:58:09 2008] : Oona: done
[Tue Aug 12 21:58:14 2008] : Dan: ooc I moved it
[Tue Aug 12 21:58:19 2008] : Adrin: ooc ah
[Tue Aug 12 21:58:27 2008] : Oona: ooc ar eyou on the miniature tab?
[Tue Aug 12 21:58:31 2008] : DM: The final ogre is pierced by two arrows deep into its neck and it topples and crashes to the ground quite dead.
[Tue Aug 12 21:58:52 2008] : Adrin: ooc its moving now. I changed to Lurker and back to player
[Tue Aug 12 21:59:05 2008] : DM: The remaing orcs are looking a bit panicked by the rapid and brutal deaths of their leader.
[Tue Aug 12 21:59:11 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Aug 12 21:59:37 2008] : Dan: Archon charges #2
[Tue Aug 12 21:59:46 2008] : Dan: Augmented Hound Archon: Great sword [1d20+10] => [20,10] = (30) ==> Damage: [2d6+6] => [3,4,6] = (13) (treat as lawful and good for overcoming damage reduction)
[Tue Aug 12 21:59:55 2008] : Dan: Augmented Hound Archon: Great sword [1d20+10] => [9,10] = (19) ==> Damage: [2d6+6] => [3,3,6] = (12) (treat as lawful and good for overcoming damage reduction)
[Tue Aug 12 22:00:01 2008] : Dan: ooc crit
[Tue Aug 12 22:00:12 2008] : DM: Orc Stew. Ingredients: one finely diced orc.
[Tue Aug 12 22:00:20 2008] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Aug 12 22:00:28 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Nice :)
[Tue Aug 12 22:01:00 2008] : Dan: Griffon lands in the middle of some orcs and swipes
[Tue Aug 12 22:01:07 2008] : Dan: Augmented Celestial Griffon: Pounce/Dive (treat as magical):
Claw
[1d20+10] => [7,10] = (17) ==> Damage: [1d4+3] => [2,3] = (5)
Claw [1d20+10] => [9,10] = (19) ==> Damage: [1d4+3] => [1,3] = (4)
Bite [1d20+13] => [11,13] = (24) ==> Damage: [2d6+6] => [4,4,6] = (14)
Rake [1d20+10] => [14,10] = (24) ==> Damage: [1d6+3] => [5,3] = (8)
Rake [1d20+10] => [4,10] = (14) ==> Damage: [1d6+3] => [5,3] = (8)

[Tue Aug 12 22:01:29 2008] : Dan: ooc if that's possibe??
[Tue Aug 12 22:01:37 2008] : DM: ooc how far it it move?
[Tue Aug 12 22:01:41 2008] : Dan: just strafes them all
[Tue Aug 12 22:01:43 2008] : Dan: 80
[Tue Aug 12 22:02:20 2008] : Dan: ooc whatever seems reasobable for it to do
[Tue Aug 12 22:02:34 2008] : DM: Yes, the griffon mangles three more orcs.
[Tue Aug 12 22:02:45 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 5 Missiles on one target: [5d4+5] => [3,4,4,2,3,5] = (21) damage
[Tue Aug 12 22:02:56 2008] : Aliatra: ooc It's a (bloody) massacre!
[Tue Aug 12 22:02:59 2008] : Dan: on the closest orc...
[Tue Aug 12 22:03:02 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Aug 12 22:03:03 2008] : DM: ooc all on one seems a waste...
[Tue Aug 12 22:03:20 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Plenty more where they came from ;)
[Tue Aug 12 22:03:21 2008] : DM: ooc they have 5(!) hit points
[Tue Aug 12 22:03:29 2008] : Dan: umm, split it then I guess
[Tue Aug 12 22:04:28 2008] : DM: There's one quaking orc left.
[Tue Aug 12 22:04:31 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Aug 12 22:04:43 2008] : Dan: Augmented Hound Archon: Aura of Menace: -2 penalty on attacks, AC and saves until they successfully hit the archon (Will save DC 16 to negate)
[Tue Aug 12 22:04:56 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra directs a Sound Burst at the remaining orc
[Tue Aug 12 22:05:11 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 2: Sound Burst (lvl 2) Deals [1d8] => [8] = (8) sonic damage to subjects; may stun them.
[Tue Aug 12 22:05:15 2008] : Dan: ooc he's in the aura
[Tue Aug 12 22:05:55 2008] : DM: The orc dies, his brain instantly turned to mush by the sonic energy.
[Tue Aug 12 22:06:06 2008] : Oona: ooc that was quick.
[Tue Aug 12 22:06:14 2008] : Aliatra: ooc No need for the Fort safe then
[Tue Aug 12 22:06:16 2008] : DM: ooc awesome! I didn't need to do anything.
[Tue Aug 12 22:06:19 2008] : Adrin: Adrin returns to sanity
[Tue Aug 12 22:06:22 2008] : Oona: ooc lol
[Tue Aug 12 22:06:30 2008] : Adrin: ooc that was just.... immense
[Tue Aug 12 22:06:40 2008] : DM: ooc I rather enjoyed that.
[Tue Aug 12 22:06:45 2008] : Dan: ooc did they get a gp
[Tue Aug 12 22:06:51 2008] : Dan: ooc go
[Tue Aug 12 22:06:57 2008] : DM: ooc nope.
[Tue Aug 12 22:07:07 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Just realised I moved first to make that spell hit
[Tue Aug 12 22:08:08 2008] : DM: 500 XP each
[Tue Aug 12 22:08:44 2008] : Dan: ooc you enjoyed it Dave??
[Tue Aug 12 22:09:32 2008] : DM: ooc yeah, it's the setting up of the encounter and then seeing you all plan and execute.
[Tue Aug 12 22:09:49 2008] : Dan: ooc fair enough - it certainly went to plan!
[Tue Aug 12 22:10:12 2008] : Oona: cool :)
[Tue Aug 12 22:10:20 2008] : Adrin: ooc it was almost toooooo easy.....
[Tue Aug 12 22:11:38 2008] : Mr Brandon: You near someone from inside the farmstead yard.
[Tue Aug 12 22:11:39 2008] : Adrin: "Lets see if the owners of this place are still alive"
[Tue Aug 12 22:11:44 2008] : Mr Brandon: "Er. Hello?"
[Tue Aug 12 22:11:57 2008] : Mr Brandon: "What's going on out there?"
[Tue Aug 12 22:12:18 2008] : Adrin: "You can come out now"
[Tue Aug 12 22:12:42 2008] : Dan: Dan instructs the griffon to circle and look for other danger
[Tue Aug 12 22:12:44 2008] : Aliatra: "They are all dead"
[Tue Aug 12 22:12:56 2008] : Oona: "Nothing much really. Well, nothing much any more"
[Tue Aug 12 22:13:00 2008] : DM: You hear some whispered arguments and then someone sticks their head over the wall.
[Tue Aug 12 22:13:18 2008] : Oona: Oona gets closer to the farm, hovering above the orgres bodies
[Tue Aug 12 22:13:27 2008] : Mrs Brandon: "Oh my gosh. They're all dead."
[Tue Aug 12 22:13:39 2008] : Aliatra: "Sure"
[Tue Aug 12 22:13:45 2008] : Mrs Brandon: She pales at the sight of all the corpses and blood.
[Tue Aug 12 22:14:04 2008] : Adrin: Adrin wipes his sword on the bodies tries to clean as much blood off his face as he can
[Tue Aug 12 22:14:06 2008] : Aliatra: "Are you alright? Anybody hurt?"
[Tue Aug 12 22:14:25 2008] : Dan: "Not at all."
[Tue Aug 12 22:14:30 2008] : Mrs Brandon: (to Mr Brandon in the yard) "Hurry up and open the gate you lummox, the orcs are all dead now."
[Tue Aug 12 22:15:06 2008] : Dan: "Indeed, I have a shield, mirror image, protection from arrows and none of them were needed!"
[Tue Aug 12 22:15:08 2008] : DM: The gate creaks open slowly and The Brandon couple great you gratefully and somewhat warily.
[Tue Aug 12 22:15:32 2008] : Dan: "But you can bet your life if we failed to prepare I'd get stuck like a pincushion!"
[Tue Aug 12 22:15:45 2008] : Mrs Brandom: "Thank you kind sirs and madams, we thought we were done for."
[Tue Aug 12 22:16:06 2008] : Dan: "You're welcome. Where did they come from?"
[Tue Aug 12 22:16:43 2008] : Oona: Oona searches the bodies of the ogres to find a clue about who they are and why they came
[Tue Aug 12 22:16:52 2008] : Oona: ooc take 20 and all.
[Tue Aug 12 22:16:57 2008] : Mrs Brandom: "From the mountains to the north. Don't normally get such big bands, usually it's just a small group and they steal one sheep or pig and are gone."
[Tue Aug 12 22:17:27 2008] : Aliatra: "We sure could do with some hot food and a place to rest for the night"
[Tue Aug 12 22:17:29 2008] : Adrin: "Any idea what brought them here in such force?"
[Tue Aug 12 22:18:17 2008] : Mrs Brandom: She shrugs. "No idea."
[Tue Aug 12 22:18:28 2008] : Dan: "Possibly they were forced downslope by others who took their normal territory?"
[Tue Aug 12 22:18:35 2008] : Oona: Oona leaves the bodies behind and joins the conversation.
[Tue Aug 12 22:18:52 2008] : Mrs Brandom: Who can say?"
[Tue Aug 12 22:18:53 2008] : Oona: "Not a distinctive sign on the ogres at least. Just a few silver coins"
[Tue Aug 12 22:18:53 2008] : Dan: They didn't have the demaeanor of the dispossesed though"
[Tue Aug 12 22:19:10 2008] : Oona: Oona hands the coins to the farmer
[Tue Aug 12 22:19:29 2008] : Adrin: Adrin raises his eyebrows at Oonas actions
[Tue Aug 12 22:20:08 2008] : Mrs Brandom: "Oh, thank you ma'am. You are all such nice people. Won't you come in for dinner?"
[Tue Aug 12 22:20:25 2008] : Dan: "That would be welcome"
[Tue Aug 12 22:20:27 2008] : Aliatra: "A couple of silvers aren't going to make us beggars and they will be able to use them"
[Tue Aug 12 22:20:44 2008] : Oona: "Now, dinner sounds GOOD"
[Tue Aug 12 22:20:44 2008] : Aliatra: "That would be great, thank you"
[Tue Aug 12 22:21:00 2008] : Mrs Brandom: "Oh my, the children", she turns to her husband. "Run in and tell them its all safe, Alun".
[Tue Aug 12 22:21:04 2008] : Adrin: "Dinner would be great. Thank you"
[Tue Aug 12 22:21:32 2008] : Mrs Brandom: "Come in, come in". she waves you into the small and cosy farm house.
[Tue Aug 12 22:22:49 2008] : Aliatra: "Do you have a well where we can freshen up before dinner?"
[Tue Aug 12 22:23:15 2008] : DM: Dinner, later that evening is a simple but hearty affair.
[Tue Aug 12 22:23:42 2008] : DM: You may stay the night in the hay loft.
[Tue Aug 12 22:25:32 2008] : Oona: Oona takesa good look at teh surroundings to get a hang of the layout of the farm
[Tue Aug 12 22:26:09 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra enjoys the food and a good night's sleep
[Tue Aug 12 22:26:30 2008] : DM: The next day starts clear and sunny and by the time you awake you find the farmer already digging a mass grave and burying the dead orcs.
[Tue Aug 12 22:26:45 2008] : Oona: Oona lends a hand
[Tue Aug 12 22:27:02 2008] : Dan: Dan relaxes, eats and later sits in his trance
[Tue Aug 12 22:27:15 2008] : Adrin: Adrin also helps
[Tue Aug 12 22:27:47 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra prays and practices before breakfast
[Tue Aug 12 22:28:20 2008] : Dan: "We'd better get going"
[Tue Aug 12 22:28:24 2008] : DM: It's late morning before the task is done and the Brandon wave you farewell.
[Tue Aug 12 22:28:35 2008] : Dan: "We still need to reach this village"
[Tue Aug 12 22:28:46 2008] : Dan: "Thanks for the hospitality"
[Tue Aug 12 22:28:53 2008] : Oona: While digging, Oona asks stuff to the farmer, about the agent (can't remember his name)
[Tue Aug 12 22:29:03 2008] : Oona: not mentionning that it's the agent, of course
[Tue Aug 12 22:29:33 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra thanks the couple for their hospitality before leaving and gives the kids a few coppers
[Tue Aug 12 22:29:41 2008] : DM: The farmer doesn't go into Greenmere much, but last he went there was a new priest at the small temple. He can't tell you more than that.
[Tue Aug 12 22:30:17 2008] : DM: The kids beam up at Aliatra.
[Tue Aug 12 22:30:43 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra tries to not let anybody else see her smile at the little ones
[Tue Aug 12 22:30:57 2008] : Oona: ooc emma wants to play!
[Tue Aug 12 22:31:33 2008] : Aliatra: ooc She is welcome to join us ;)
[Tue Aug 12 22:31:36 2008] : Oona: ooc she keeps eying the keyboard :)
[Tue Aug 12 22:32:37 2008] : DM: You ride out and it's early evening as you decend down a curving road you enter a broad, lush valley. You see the village, smoke from several chimneys lazily climbing to the still air. The lake from which the village gets his name is twinkles in the sunlight.
[Tue Aug 12 22:33:38 2008] : DM: An idylic picture of rural life, but your knowledge of the evil that may lurk here taints the picture in your minds.
[Tue Aug 12 22:33:40 2008] : DM: GAME END