Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Jul 8 19:34:04 2008] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Jul 8 19:34:13 2008] : Dan: ooc any XP Dm?
[Tue Jul 8 19:34:30 2008] : Adrin: "I hope no one heard anything"
[Tue Jul 8 19:34:32 2008] : DM: ooc I gave some last session for the wolves: 500 XP.
[Tue Jul 8 19:34:38 2008] : Adrin: ooc yup
[Tue Jul 8 19:34:48 2008] : Dan: ooc must have missed that - srooty
[Tue Jul 8 19:34:56 2008] : Dan: ooc sorry
[Tue Jul 8 19:35:33 2008] : DM: You're outside the backdoor of the mansion, it's beside the kitchens and if the eyrine's plan was correct there will be some stairs to Yolande's private office and rooms.
[Tue Jul 8 19:36:39 2008] : Dan: "I can't imagine Yolande would not have trapped his door"
[Tue Jul 8 19:37:12 2008] : Aliatra: "Neither can I, but what can we do about it?"
[Tue Jul 8 19:37:36 2008] : Adrin: Adrin stands clear and keeps watch
[Tue Jul 8 19:38:05 2008] : Dan: "Where's Oona when you need her?"
[Tue Jul 8 19:38:54 2008] : Dan: "I can take a look, but I need time to do so, and obviously I'm not as good as Oona"
[Tue Jul 8 19:38:58 2008] : Adrin: "Well I could try and open it and just jump out of the way if anything happens"
[Tue Jul 8 19:39:02 2008] : Aliatra: "I don't know where she's got to"
[Tue Jul 8 19:39:35 2008] : Dan: Dan has a quick inspection of the door
[Tue Jul 8 19:39:43 2008] : Dan: Search Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [16,8] = (24)
[Tue Jul 8 19:40:10 2008] : DM: It seems to be just an ordinary wooden door. A simple lock and no hidden surprises.
[Tue Jul 8 19:40:32 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Not bad for a quick inspection :)
[Tue Jul 8 19:40:39 2008] : Dan: "I can't see anything obvious. But I am not skilled in trap finding"
[Tue Jul 8 19:40:55 2008] : Dan: "Perhaps a detect magic would be worthwhile?"
[Tue Jul 8 19:41:12 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Detect Magic (level 0): Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
[Tue Jul 8 19:41:21 2008] : Aliatra: "Perhaps he thinks those wolves protection enough, though I doubt it"
[Tue Jul 8 19:41:41 2008] : DM: The door isn't magical.
[Tue Jul 8 19:41:59 2008] : Dan: "I can sense nothing"
[Tue Jul 8 19:42:07 2008] : Dan: "Adrin - your turn"
[Tue Jul 8 19:42:13 2008] : Aliatra: "Let't try it then"
[Tue Jul 8 19:42:16 2008] : Dan: Dan steps away from the door
[Tue Jul 8 19:42:30 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra steps back and watches, hand on sword
[Tue Jul 8 19:42:48 2008] : Adrin: Adrin tries to open the door
[Tue Jul 8 19:43:30 2008] : DM: It's locked
[Tue Jul 8 19:44:05 2008] : Adrin: "Anyone been watching Oona when she opens doors? "
[Tue Jul 8 19:44:40 2008] : Dan: "Unfortunately, no"
[Tue Jul 8 19:44:48 2008] : Dan: "Her fingers are too quick"
[Tue Jul 8 19:44:49 2008] : Aliatra: "I watch and think myself lucky that I never have to do that"
[Tue Jul 8 19:44:50 2008] : Adrin: "Or do you want me to bash it in?"
[Tue Jul 8 19:44:58 2008] : Aliatra: "Bash it in"
[Tue Jul 8 19:45:07 2008] : Dan: "Do you think you can pick it?"
[Tue Jul 8 19:45:24 2008] : Dan: "Stick with what you are good at. I know I do"
[Tue Jul 8 19:46:13 2008] : Adrin: "Alright"
[Tue Jul 8 19:46:32 2008] : Adrin: Adrin takes a few steps back and charges at the door
[Tue Jul 8 19:46:39 2008] : Adrin: Str check: [1d20+4] => [2,4] = (6)
[Tue Jul 8 19:46:47 2008] : Adrin: ooc boing
[Tue Jul 8 19:46:50 2008] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Jul 8 19:47:21 2008] : Adrin: "I'll try again"
[Tue Jul 8 19:47:23 2008] : Adrin: Adrin takes a few steps back and charges at the door
[Tue Jul 8 19:47:25 2008] : Adrin: Str check: [1d20+4] => [7,4] = (11)
[Tue Jul 8 19:47:43 2008] : DM: The thump as Adrin crashes into the door repeated is loud in the quiet of the night. The door shakes a bit but doesn't give way.
[Tue Jul 8 19:47:51 2008] : DM: *repeatedly
[Tue Jul 8 19:47:58 2008] : Dan: Dan winces
[Tue Jul 8 19:47:59 2008] : Adrin: "Last try?"
[Tue Jul 8 19:48:01 2008] : Adrin: Adrin takes a few steps back and charges at the door
[Tue Jul 8 19:48:03 2008] : Adrin: Str check: [1d20+4] => [12,4] = (16)
[Tue Jul 8 19:48:13 2008] : Adrin: ooc its getting better
[Tue Jul 8 19:48:22 2008] : Aliatra: "Either someone heared or they didn't, can't be helped now"
[Tue Jul 8 19:48:32 2008] : DM: There's a crack and the door bursts open.
[Tue Jul 8 19:48:45 2008] : Dan: "Maybe they'll underestimate us based on that"
[Tue Jul 8 19:49:10 2008] : DM: Inside is a dark hallway lit dimly by the light shining under the door to the kitchens.
[Tue Jul 8 19:49:15 2008] : Adrin: ooc there better not be a pit on the other side!
[Tue Jul 8 19:49:20 2008] : DM: A narrow flight of steps lead upwards.
[Tue Jul 8 19:49:32 2008] : Aliatra: "Dan, can you leave a nasty, but not deadly, surprise for anyone that heared and tries to attack us from the rear?"
[Tue Jul 8 19:49:46 2008] : Dan: "Umm, no"
[Tue Jul 8 19:49:46 2008] : Adrin: "Why not deadly?"
[Tue Jul 8 19:50:36 2008] : Dan: "It's a moot point anyway Adrin"
[Tue Jul 8 19:50:48 2008] : Dan: "I have no such tricks in my arsenal"
[Tue Jul 8 19:50:53 2008] : Dan: "Let's go"
[Tue Jul 8 19:51:15 2008] : Aliatra: "Not deadly because I don't want any domestic help killed, Adrin"
[Tue Jul 8 19:51:21 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra shrugs
[Tue Jul 8 19:51:22 2008] : Dan: "I'll follow you guys"
[Tue Jul 8 19:51:26 2008] : Aliatra: "Coming"
[Tue Jul 8 19:51:47 2008] : Adrin: Adrin shakes his head to clear it and draws his sword
[Tue Jul 8 19:52:29 2008] : DM: You climb the fllight of wooden stairs, The worn treads creaking underfoot.
[Tue Jul 8 19:53:08 2008] : DM: At the top is a door-sized wooden panel blocking the way and a lever on one side.
[Tue Jul 8 19:53:10 2008] : Dan: Dan draws his sword
[Tue Jul 8 19:53:41 2008] : Dan: Dan takes a quick look at the lever, then the panel...
[Tue Jul 8 19:53:52 2008] : Dan: Search Skill Check: [1d20+1] => [12,1] = (13)
[Tue Jul 8 19:53:53 2008] : Dan: Search Skill Check: [1d20+1] => [16,1] = (17)
[Tue Jul 8 19:54:05 2008] : Aliatra: "Can we pull that lever without standing on the stairs?"
[Tue Jul 8 19:54:14 2008] : DM: No
[Tue Jul 8 19:54:28 2008] : DM: They seem ordinary enough.
[Tue Jul 8 19:54:31 2008] : Adrin: ooc how many stairs?
[Tue Jul 8 19:54:33 2008] : Dan: ooc - that's +8 btw - I seem to have opened Huerney - so 20 and 24
[Tue Jul 8 19:54:48 2008] : Aliatra: "Dan, can you manipulate if from a distance?"
[Tue Jul 8 19:54:49 2008] : DM: You're now on the 1st floor.
[Tue Jul 8 19:55:04 2008] : Adrin: "Never mind that, I'll just pull it"
[Tue Jul 8 19:55:36 2008] : Adrin: "Want to back up a bit first, just in case?"
[Tue Jul 8 19:56:12 2008] : Dan: Dan backs up holding onto the bannister in case the stairs disappear
[Tue Jul 8 19:56:14 2008] : Aliatra: "Perhaps we'd better"
[Tue Jul 8 19:56:27 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra joins Dan
[Tue Jul 8 19:56:34 2008] : Dan: ooc or anything else if there's no bannister
[Tue Jul 8 19:56:41 2008] : Adrin: Adrin reaches out and pulls the lever
[Tue Jul 8 19:56:45 2008] : DM: ooc what's all this paranoia for? Have I had disappearing stairs in the past or something ;)
[Tue Jul 8 19:57:04 2008] : Adrin: ooc I'm more worried its going to be something else. Something worse!
[Tue Jul 8 19:57:41 2008] : DM: The level moves with little effort, there's a soft creaking noise and a faint whirring....
[Tue Jul 8 19:57:57 2008] : Adrin: ooc where from?
[Tue Jul 8 19:58:12 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 19:58
[Tue Jul 8 19:58:28 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Hmm
[Tue Jul 8 19:58:37 2008] : DM: ... from inside the walls near the lever. The wooden panel swings open and the office beyond is revealed.
[Tue Jul 8 19:58:54 2008] : Aliatra: Booting '(10) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Jul 8 19:58:55 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 19:58
[Tue Jul 8 19:59:30 2008] : Aliatra: "This seem too easy to you all?"
[Tue Jul 8 19:59:37 2008] : DM: A dim magical light stands on a large wooden desk on the outside wall and in front of the large windows overlooking the rear garden.
[Tue Jul 8 19:59:45 2008] : Adrin: Adrin draws his sword again and looks inside carefully
[Tue Jul 8 20:00:12 2008] : DM: Bookshelves and cabinets line the walls and there are two finely carved wooden door on two of the walls.
[Tue Jul 8 20:00:31 2008] : DM: Snoring can be heard from one of the adjacent rooms.
[Tue Jul 8 20:01:01 2008] : Adrin: Adrin holds his finger to his lips
[Tue Jul 8 20:01:17 2008] : DM: The desk has neat piles of papers.
[Tue Jul 8 20:01:32 2008] : Dan: Dan nods at Adrin
[Tue Jul 8 20:02:33 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 20:02
[Tue Jul 8 20:02:41 2008] : Adrin: Adrin checks the floor for traps or creaky boards
[Tue Jul 8 20:02:46 2008] : Adrin: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [19,2] = (21)
[Tue Jul 8 20:02:57 2008] : Aliatra: Booting '(12) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Jul 8 20:02:58 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 20:02
[Tue Jul 8 20:03:19 2008] : DM: The floor is covered in wall to wall carpet and fine weave and quality wool.
[Tue Jul 8 20:03:34 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I'm going to reboot, 2 disconnects in 5 minutes is a bit much
[Tue Jul 8 20:03:40 2008] : Aliatra: ooc See you in a bit
[Tue Jul 8 20:03:48 2008] : Adrin: ooc ok
[Tue Jul 8 20:04:04 2008] : Aliatra: Going, going, gone
[Tue Jul 8 20:04:04 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 20:04
[Tue Jul 8 20:04:15 2008] : DM: Looking back at the door you've just opened you see it's a cunningly disguised as a bookcase, complete with books.
[Tue Jul 8 20:05:45 2008] : Adrin: Adrin points to the door where the snoring is coming from and gives Dan a questioning look
[Tue Jul 8 20:07:10 2008] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Jul 8 20:07:17 2008] : Dan: ooc should we wait for Hannele?
[Tue Jul 8 20:07:51 2008] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Jul 8 20:09:33 2008] : Adrin: ooc back
[Tue Jul 8 20:11:50 2008] : Adrin: ooc taking quite a while
[Tue Jul 8 20:12:04 2008] : Adrin: ooc not complaining, just worried
[Tue Jul 8 20:12:34 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 20:12
[Tue Jul 8 20:13:06 2008] : Dan: ooc problems?
[Tue Jul 8 20:13:09 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Back! What happened? Who died?
[Tue Jul 8 20:13:18 2008] : Adrin: ooc your computer :)
[Tue Jul 8 20:13:21 2008] : DM: Looking back at the door you've just opened you see it's a cunningly disguised as a bookcase, complete with books.
[Tue Jul 8 20:13:42 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Nice touch!
[Tue Jul 8 20:13:53 2008] : Adrin: Adrin points to the door where the snoring is coming from and gives Dan a questioning look
[Tue Jul 8 20:14:05 2008] : Dan: Dan shrugs
[Tue Jul 8 20:14:09 2008] : Aliatra: "Hmm, looks like his own private exit"
[Tue Jul 8 20:14:34 2008] : DM: ooc it's more of a servants passage and entrance.
[Tue Jul 8 20:15:12 2008] : Aliatra: ooc What does Aliatra know about those? ;-)
[Tue Jul 8 20:15:35 2008] : Dan: Dan whispers...
[Tue Jul 8 20:15:49 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra listens
[Tue Jul 8 20:16:05 2008] : Dan: "If he slept through us breaking the door in, I'd be very surprised"
[Tue Jul 8 20:16:15 2008] : Adrin: "Me too"
[Tue Jul 8 20:16:58 2008] : Dan: Dan gestured to the next door
[Tue Jul 8 20:17:27 2008] : Dan: "Well, we at least guess that the snoring is false, let's move on"
[Tue Jul 8 20:18:15 2008] : Aliatra: "No need to sneak in, he either is awake or he is unconscious"
[Tue Jul 8 20:18:16 2008] : DM: ooc remember you're here to search for paper evidence of Yolande's crooked business deals.
[Tue Jul 8 20:18:32 2008] : Dan: ooc ah!
[Tue Jul 8 20:18:51 2008] : Aliatra: "But let's first see what we can find here, we don't have to kill him now, remember?"
[Tue Jul 8 20:18:52 2008] : Adrin: ooc we didn't forget that, honest
[Tue Jul 8 20:19:01 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Course not!
[Tue Jul 8 20:19:06 2008] : DM: ooc and you may also be here to kill Yolande if you choose to agree to the eyrine's deal.
[Tue Jul 8 20:19:14 2008] : Dan: "I doubt he'd keep information on crooked dealings in the open"
[Tue Jul 8 20:19:40 2008] : DM: ooc it was all a long time ago.
[Tue Jul 8 20:19:40 2008] : Dan: Dan has a search through the papers
[Tue Jul 8 20:19:43 2008] : Dan: Search Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [4,8] = (12)
[Tue Jul 8 20:20:19 2008] : Dan: ooc Profession: Accountant check...
[Tue Jul 8 20:20:24 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra takes a look at the bookcase/door
[Tue Jul 8 20:20:33 2008] : Aliatra: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [6,2] = (8)
[Tue Jul 8 20:20:43 2008] : Adrin: Adrin keeps watch
[Tue Jul 8 20:21:06 2008] : DM: They appear to be accounts of trades of common metals and ores, household accounts, and other ordinary matters.
[Tue Jul 8 20:21:32 2008] : Dan: As time seems not to be pressing, Dan takes his time (take 20 - search = 28)
[Tue Jul 8 20:22:07 2008] : DM: The opened bookcase/door has no visible opening mechanism that you can find from a cursory search on this side.
[Tue Jul 8 20:22:21 2008] : Dan: "Luckily I'm not afraid of numbers and complex tables"
[Tue Jul 8 20:22:43 2008] : DM: Dan spends several minutes looking carefully through the papers on and in the desk. None of them are incriminating.
[Tue Jul 8 20:23:11 2008] : Dan: "Nothing here. Need to find his safe - which none of us can open"
[Tue Jul 8 20:23:25 2008] : Dan: ooc all still whispered of course
[Tue Jul 8 20:23:25 2008] : Adrin: "He can though"
[Tue Jul 8 20:23:43 2008] : DM: ooc safe?
[Tue Jul 8 20:23:46 2008] : Aliatra: "Or we could take it with us"
[Tue Jul 8 20:23:59 2008] : Dan: ooc strongbox??
[Tue Jul 8 20:24:45 2008] : Dan: Dan examines the table/desk looking for hidden drawers
[Tue Jul 8 20:24:54 2008] : Dan: ooc take 20
[Tue Jul 8 20:25:25 2008] : DM: You find a concealed compartment in one of the drawers.
[Tue Jul 8 20:25:57 2008] : DM: Inside is a finely worked dagger.
[Tue Jul 8 20:26:15 2008] : DM: The desk contains no other hidden compartments.
[Tue Jul 8 20:26:51 2008] : Dan: Dan shows the dagger, then wipes it and puts it back
[Tue Jul 8 20:27:54 2008] : Dan: Dan examines the dagger carefully before putting it back
[Tue Jul 8 20:27:59 2008] : Adrin: "Shall we try the quiet door?" (whispered)
[Tue Jul 8 20:28:15 2008] : Aliatra: "Not taking that? It must be worth something to be hidden like that"
[Tue Jul 8 20:28:27 2008] : Aliatra: "What else is there to do?"
[Tue Jul 8 20:29:25 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra joins Dan and stands besides the door, sword in hand
[Tue Jul 8 20:29:33 2008] : DM: ooc you've only searched the desk thoughrally (sp?)
[Tue Jul 8 20:30:00 2008] : Adrin: ooc bookcases?
[Tue Jul 8 20:30:29 2008] : DM: ooc what about them?
[Tue Jul 8 20:30:56 2008] : Adrin: ooc how many are there?
[Tue Jul 8 20:31:12 2008] : DM: They line 3 walls.
[Tue Jul 8 20:31:14 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I looked at the bookcase/door but got too bored to really look
[Tue Jul 8 20:31:31 2008] : DM: With gaps where the doors are obviously.
[Tue Jul 8 20:31:46 2008] : Adrin: ooc 4th wall is the window?
[Tue Jul 8 20:31:57 2008] : DM: ooc windows, yes.
[Tue Jul 8 20:32:05 2008] : Dan: ooc don't break the 4th wall!
[Tue Jul 8 20:32:10 2008] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Jul 8 20:32:18 2008] : Dan: "I'm not a thief Ali"
[Tue Jul 8 20:32:19 2008] : DM: ooc lol
[Tue Jul 8 20:32:37 2008] : DM: ooc thoroughly
[Tue Jul 8 20:33:16 2008] : Aliatra: "If you don't want it, leave it"
[Tue Jul 8 20:33:17 2008] : Dan: Dan gets up and looks at the first bookshelf, taking his time to thoroughly search
[Tue Jul 8 20:33:19 2008] : Adrin: "Think there could be anything in the bookcases?"
[Tue Jul 8 20:33:22 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra shrugs
[Tue Jul 8 20:33:36 2008] : Adrin: Adrin tries the second bookshelf
[Tue Jul 8 20:33:52 2008] : Adrin: ooc taking 20, so 22
[Tue Jul 8 20:34:03 2008] : Dan: ooc I examined the dagger before I put it back, anything interesting DM?
[Tue Jul 8 20:34:07 2008] : DM: After half an hour of careful searching one of you finds a concealed mechanism in one of the book cases.
[Tue Jul 8 20:34:22 2008] : DM: ooc it looked expensive, jewels and gold etc.
[Tue Jul 8 20:34:30 2008] : Adrin: ooc no one has bothered us after 30 mins??
[Tue Jul 8 20:34:42 2008] : Dan: ooc everyone is asleep
[Tue Jul 8 20:34:43 2008] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Jul 8 20:36:10 2008] : Aliatra: "What did you find?"
[Tue Jul 8 20:36:23 2008] : Dan: "Do you think that this is the mechanism to the door, or something else?"
[Tue Jul 8 20:36:31 2008] : Adrin: "Pull it"
[Tue Jul 8 20:36:58 2008] : Dan: Dan activates the mechanism
[Tue Jul 8 20:37:27 2008] : DM: Another concealed door opens and there's another flight of spiral stairs leading downwards.
[Tue Jul 8 20:37:37 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks around to see what happens
[Tue Jul 8 20:37:46 2008] : Dan: Dan arches his eyebrows
[Tue Jul 8 20:37:48 2008] : Aliatra: "That's more like it"
[Tue Jul 8 20:38:05 2008] : Dan: "Shall we see if we can find how to open the first door?"
[Tue Jul 8 20:38:25 2008] : Dan: "Never mind, we can always teleport out"
[Tue Jul 8 20:38:39 2008] : Adrin: ooc do the normal doors have handles?
[Tue Jul 8 20:38:40 2008] : Dan: "Let's go"
[Tue Jul 8 20:38:53 2008] : DM: ooc the normal doors have normal handles.
[Tue Jul 8 20:38:57 2008] : Dan: "Shut the door after us"
[Tue Jul 8 20:39:05 2008] : Aliatra: "I will"
[Tue Jul 8 20:39:08 2008] : Dan: "And the one we came in by"
[Tue Jul 8 20:39:19 2008] : Aliatra: "Sure"
[Tue Jul 8 20:39:49 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra closes the doors before descending the stairs
[Tue Jul 8 20:39:59 2008] : Aliatra: ooc She is last in line
[Tue Jul 8 20:40:11 2008] : Dan: Dan stays in the middle
[Tue Jul 8 20:41:07 2008] : Adrin: ooc I'm first then :)
[Tue Jul 8 20:42:02 2008] : DM: ooc sorry, drew my map all wrong.
[Tue Jul 8 20:43:07 2008] : DM:

[Tue Jul 8 20:44:33 2008] : DM: The stone spiral staircase decends down for more than two floors, the lower you go the cooler and more damp and musty the air smells.
[Tue Jul 8 20:44:54 2008] : Aliatra: "Not a good climate for papers"
[Tue Jul 8 20:45:15 2008] : DM: You hear the snores and rasping breathes of something.
[Tue Jul 8 20:45:38 2008] : DM: *somethings
[Tue Jul 8 20:45:42 2008] : Adrin: Adrin moves forward slowly and carefully
[Tue Jul 8 20:45:48 2008] : Adrin: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+4] => [14,4] = (18)
[Tue Jul 8 20:45:53 2008] : DM: The stairs end in a short, wide corridor that bends to the left.
[Tue Jul 8 20:45:53 2008] : Dan: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [9,5] = (14)
[Tue Jul 8 20:46:07 2008] : Aliatra: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20-2] => [17,-2] = (15)
[Tue Jul 8 20:46:10 2008] : Dan: Dan follows as quietly as possible
[Tue Jul 8 20:46:15 2008] : Aliatra: ooc WOW!
[Tue Jul 8 20:46:32 2008] : DM: [1d20+5] => [15,5] = (20)
[Tue Jul 8 20:47:27 2008] : DM: The animal snores turn into snorts and hisses and Adrin peering around the corner sees...
[Tue Jul 8 20:48:27 2008] : DM: A large creature with the hindquarters of a bug goat and the forequarters of a great lion. It has dragon wings and three heads: a horned goat, a maneless lion and a fierce dragon.
[Tue Jul 8 20:48:35 2008] : DM: Roll initiative.
[Tue Jul 8 20:48:52 2008] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [1,5] = (6)
[Tue Jul 8 20:48:52 2008] : Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+3] => [9,3] = (12)
[Tue Jul 8 20:49:02 2008] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [14,7] = (21)
[Tue Jul 8 20:49:16 2008] : DM: [1d20+1] => [4,1] = (5)
[Tue Jul 8 20:49:24 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Great, a monster!
[Tue Jul 8 20:49:37 2008] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Jul 8 20:49:54 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+19] => [7,19] = (26)
[Tue Jul 8 20:50:11 2008] : Dan: ooc gotta be an aberration!
[Tue Jul 8 20:50:26 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Jul 8 20:50:28 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [5,6] = (11)
[Tue Jul 8 20:50:39 2008] : DM: It's a chimera; it looks somewhat larger than you've been lead to expect.
[Tue Jul 8 20:50:43 2008] : DM: ooc magical beast
[Tue Jul 8 20:51:20 2008] : DM: The dragon head has a breath weapon.
[Tue Jul 8 20:51:22 2008] : DM: [1d10] => [7] = (7)
[Tue Jul 8 20:51:39 2008] : DM: This particular one has a red dragon's head so it breathes fire.
[Tue Jul 8 20:52:10 2008] : Dan: ooc is it still asleep?
[Tue Jul 8 20:52:19 2008] : DM: They can fly but this one can't because it's been chained down with a heavy collar and strong metal chain.
[Tue Jul 8 20:52:26 2008] : DM: It's awake and alert
[Tue Jul 8 20:52:36 2008] : DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Tue Jul 8 20:53:02 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Can I see it?
[Tue Jul 8 20:53:34 2008] : DM: ooc not right now.
[Tue Jul 8 20:53:53 2008] : Aliatra: "Adrin, want some extra strength?"
[Tue Jul 8 20:54:21 2008] : Adrin: "I think I may need it"
[Tue Jul 8 20:54:34 2008] : Aliatra: "Let me help you"
[Tue Jul 8 20:54:37 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 2: Bull's Strength (lvl 2) Subject gains +4 to Str for 1 min./lvl.
[Tue Jul 8 20:55:05 2008] : Aliatra: Standing next to Adrin and done
[Tue Jul 8 20:56:07 2008] : DM: ooc one moment
[Tue Jul 8 21:02:13 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jul 8 21:02:18 2008] : Adrin: Adrin moves in to attack (+1 due to BS)
[Tue Jul 8 21:02:25 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (base): [1d20+15] => [18,15] = (33) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] => [6,3,7] = (16)
[Tue Jul 8 21:02:25 2008] : Adrin: Critical hit? [1d20+15] => [3,15] = (18) ===> Damage: [4d6+14] => [5,2,3,2,14] = (26)
[Tue Jul 8 21:02:26 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (second): [1d20+10] => [1,10] = (11) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] => [4,2,7] = (13)
[Tue Jul 8 21:03:22 2008] : DM: Your powerful sword blow cuts deep into the dragon head's neck.
[Tue Jul 8 21:03:30 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Jul 8 21:03:32 2008] : Adrin: done
[Tue Jul 8 21:04:00 2008] : Dan: Dan moves and starts casting a spell
[Tue Jul 8 21:04:02 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jul 8 21:04:58 2008] : DM: ooc one more moment, need to review trample rules.
[Tue Jul 8 21:05:07 2008] : Adrin: ooc oh dear
[Tue Jul 8 21:07:04 2008] : DM: ooc the rules are near incomprehensible!
[Tue Jul 8 21:07:18 2008] : DM: Adrin, are you going to move out of the way or try and block?
[Tue Jul 8 21:07:35 2008] : Adrin: I'll try and move
[Tue Jul 8 21:08:09 2008] : Adrin: reflex?
[Tue Jul 8 21:08:24 2008] : Chimera: You step to one side and slash at the chimera as it tries to trample over you (AoO).
[Tue Jul 8 21:08:32 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (base): [1d20+15] => [16,15] = (31) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] => [4,5,7] = (16)
[Tue Jul 8 21:08:32 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (second): [1d20+10] => [4,10] = (14) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] => [4,5,7] = (16)
[Tue Jul 8 21:09:15 2008] : Chimera: A cone of fire blasts forth from the dragon head and engulfs Aliatra and Dan in searing heat.
[Tue Jul 8 21:09:19 2008] : Chimera: Reflex save.
[Tue Jul 8 21:09:36 2008] : Aliatra: Reflex save: [1d20+6] => [16,6] = (22)
[Tue Jul 8 21:09:41 2008] : Dan: Reflex save: [1d20+12] => [14,12] = (26)
[Tue Jul 8 21:10:00 2008] : Chimera: [4d8] => [7,6,5,6] = (24)
[Tue Jul 8 21:10:08 2008] : Chimera: Take 12 points of fire damage each.
[Tue Jul 8 21:10:23 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jul 8 21:10:31 2008] : Dan: Dan merely looks as though he took a minor burn
[Tue Jul 8 21:10:42 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Wasn't it chained? How can it (almost) reach us?
[Tue Jul 8 21:10:49 2008] : Adrin: ooc long chain
[Tue Jul 8 21:10:50 2008] : Dan: ooc don't forget one of you has the fire protection ring
[Tue Jul 8 21:11:13 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra directs the power of the sun at the monster
[Tue Jul 8 21:11:25 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 3: Searing light (lvl 3) Ray deals 1d8/two levels [3d8] => [3,3,6] = (12) damage, [6d6] => [1,6,1,5,4,4] = (21) against undead
[Tue Jul 8 21:11:48 2008] : Aliatra: Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+8] => [7,8] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Jul 8 21:11:49 2008] : Aliatra: Ranged touch attack (second): [1d20+3] => [20,3] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Jul 8 21:11:49 2008] : Aliatra: Critical hit? [1d20+3] => [18,3] = (21) ===> Damage: [2d1-2] => [1,1,-2] = (0)
[Tue Jul 8 21:12:10 2008] : Adrin: ooc I've got that ring
[Tue Jul 8 21:12:11 2008] : DM: You sear the flesh and hair of the goat's head.
[Tue Jul 8 21:12:23 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra clasps her sword in both hands as she looks at the monster
[Tue Jul 8 21:12:26 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jul 8 21:12:34 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jul 8 21:13:20 2008] : Adrin: Adrin moves in to attack again
[Tue Jul 8 21:13:22 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (base): [1d20+15] => [6,15] = (21) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] => [4,4,7] = (15)
[Tue Jul 8 21:13:22 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (second): [1d20+10] => [11,10] = (21) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] => [5,2,7] = (14)
[Tue Jul 8 21:13:29 2008] : Adrin: first only, +1
[Tue Jul 8 21:14:03 2008] : DM: You cut into it's flank.
[Tue Jul 8 21:14:15 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Jul 8 21:14:22 2008] : Dan: Concetration Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [1,14] = (15)
[Tue Jul 8 21:14:38 2008] : DM: Fail?
[Tue Jul 8 21:15:00 2008] : Dan: ooc 10 + damage dealt (2) so pass
[Tue Jul 8 21:15:12 2008] : Dan: Dan finishes casting Augmented Summon Monster V - Hound Archon (Medium outsider): 41hp; Aura of menace, change shape, damage reduction 10/evil, immunity to electricity and petrification, magic circle against evil, scent, tongues; AC= 15 (15 FF, 11 Touch); SR=16; Darkvision 60 ft; Speed 40ft
[Tue Jul 8 21:15:26 2008] : Dan: Augmented Hound Archon: Full attack (treat as lawful and good for overcoming damage reduction)
Great sword
[1d20+10] => [9,10] = (19) ==> Damage: [2d6+6] => [6,6,6] = (18)
Great sword [1d20+5] => [5,5] = (10) ==> Damage: [2d6+6] => [3,6,6] = (15)

[Tue Jul 8 21:15:33 2008] : DM: ooc bah. Wish I hand't rolled a fire dragon.
[Tue Jul 8 21:15:45 2008] : DM: One hit.
[Tue Jul 8 21:16:07 2008] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray - Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+10] => [13,10] = (23) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [2,4,5,5,0] = (16)
[Tue Jul 8 21:16:08 2008] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray - Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+10] => [4,10] = (14) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [1,5,3,3,0] = (12)
[Tue Jul 8 21:16:17 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jul 8 21:17:03 2008] : Chimera: The chimera looking very close to death turns on Adrin and makes one final, frenzied attack!
[Tue Jul 8 21:17:05 2008] : Chimera: Bite (base): [1d20+18] => [7,18] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] => [2,4] = (6)
[Tue Jul 8 21:17:06 2008] : Chimera: Bite (base): [1d20+18] => [18,18] = (36) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] => [2,4] = (6)
[Tue Jul 8 21:17:09 2008] : Chimera: Gore (base): [1d20+18] => [10,18] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] => [4,4] = (8)
[Tue Jul 8 21:17:11 2008] : Chimera: Claw (base): [1d20+16] => [16,16] = (32) ===> Damage: [1d6+2] => [3,2] = (5)
[Tue Jul 8 21:17:11 2008] : Chimera: Claw (base): [1d20+16] => [4,16] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d6+2] => [1,2] = (3)
[Tue Jul 8 21:17:39 2008] : Dan: ooc ouch!
[Tue Jul 8 21:17:42 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Ouch!
[Tue Jul 8 21:17:52 2008] : Chimera: ooc oops, forgot the multiattack penalties. +16/+14 only.
[Tue Jul 8 21:17:58 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Not too much damage, though
[Tue Jul 8 21:18:01 2008] : Adrin: Adrins stoneskin takes a few chips
[Tue Jul 8 21:18:09 2008] : Adrin: Adrins stoneskin takes a few chips
[Tue Jul 8 21:18:10 2008] : Dan: ooc although his DR works against each of those
[Tue Jul 8 21:18:21 2008] : Chimera: And one of the bites is wrong. [2d6+4] => [1,6,4] = (11)
[Tue Jul 8 21:18:43 2008] : Chimera: Er, 1 point of damage :(
[Tue Jul 8 21:18:46 2008] : Adrin: ooc last one didn't hit
[Tue Jul 8 21:18:51 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jul 8 21:18:54 2008] : Adrin: ooc DR cancels that out :)
[Tue Jul 8 21:19:00 2008] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Jul 8 21:19:12 2008] : Chimera: ooc no that was taking into account the DR
[Tue Jul 8 21:19:31 2008] : Dan: ooc not stoneskin, Adrin's DR
[Tue Jul 8 21:19:36 2008] : Adrin: ooc yup
[Tue Jul 8 21:19:40 2008] : Adrin: 1/-
[Tue Jul 8 21:19:43 2008] : Chimera: ooc :( :(
[Tue Jul 8 21:20:18 2008] : Dan: ooc still took a fair bit off the stoneskin
[Tue Jul 8 21:20:25 2008] : Chimera: Aliatra?
[Tue Jul 8 21:20:25 2008] : Adrin: ooc you know he's going to get us back for this
[Tue Jul 8 21:20:35 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra steps forward and swings her sword
[Tue Jul 8 21:20:41 2008] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+15] => [18,15] = (33) ===> Damage: [2d6+8] => [5,5,8] = (18)
[Tue Jul 8 21:20:41 2008] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (second): [1d20+10] => [10,10] = (20) ===> Damage: [2d6+8] => [2,4,8] = (14)
[Tue Jul 8 21:20:53 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Is it dead yet?
[Tue Jul 8 21:21:23 2008] : Chimera: Aliatra lands a mortal strike and it dies, each head roaring its last.
[Tue Jul 8 21:21:42 2008] : Aliatra: "Is everybody alright?"
[Tue Jul 8 21:22:05 2008] : Dan: "Yes, just took a small charring thanks to my robes"
[Tue Jul 8 21:22:14 2008] : DM: 1000 XP each.
[Tue Jul 8 21:22:28 2008] : Dan: Dan nods at the Archon
[Tue Jul 8 21:22:34 2008] : Dan: "Thankyou Archon"
[Tue Jul 8 21:22:45 2008] : Adrin: "That wasn't too tough"
[Tue Jul 8 21:23:30 2008] : Dan: "Archon, is there any other evil down here?"
[Tue Jul 8 21:23:42 2008] : Dan: Augmented Hound Archon: Casts Detect Evil: Reveals creatures, spells, or objects of evil alignment. (dur: Concentration up to 60 minutes)
[Tue Jul 8 21:23:49 2008] : DM: ooc perhaps what's it's detect range?
[Tue Jul 8 21:23:59 2008] : Aliatra: "What kind of creature is an Archon?"
[Tue Jul 8 21:24:16 2008] : Dan: ooc As the spell I guess
[Tue Jul 8 21:24:35 2008] : Dan: ooc 60ft
[Tue Jul 8 21:25:08 2008] : DM: There's something evil to the south.
[Tue Jul 8 21:25:11 2008] : Dan: "It's a celestial creature Ali"
[Tue Jul 8 21:25:23 2008] : Dan: ooc Ali would probably know
[Tue Jul 8 21:25:37 2008] : Dan: ooc what's the light like down here?
[Tue Jul 8 21:25:50 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [1,12] = (13)
[Tue Jul 8 21:26:02 2008] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Jul 8 21:26:06 2008] : DM: Sorry, should have mentioned. It's lit with dim magical globe lights.
[Tue Jul 8 21:26:27 2008] : DM: Aliatra wasn't paying attention in class when hound archons were covered.
[Tue Jul 8 21:26:39 2008] : Dan: "Archon, before you leave could you create us all a permanent torch?"
[Tue Jul 8 21:26:47 2008] : Dan: Augmented Hound Archon: Casts Continual Flame: Makes a permanent, heatless torch.
[Tue Jul 8 21:26:49 2008] : Dan: Augmented Hound Archon: Casts Continual Flame: Makes a permanent, heatless torch.
[Tue Jul 8 21:26:50 2008] : Dan: Augmented Hound Archon: Casts Continual Flame: Makes a permanent, heatless torch.
[Tue Jul 8 21:27:03 2008] : Dan: "Thanks - you are released"
[Tue Jul 8 21:27:44 2008] : Adrin: ooc oh, kerching
[Tue Jul 8 21:27:45 2008] : DM: The single aura of evil is only faint.
[Tue Jul 8 21:27:57 2008] : Dan: Dan pockets his continual flame torch
[Tue Jul 8 21:28:26 2008] : Dan: ooc faint as in weedy or faraway ;)
[Tue Jul 8 21:28:34 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra examines the torch
[Tue Jul 8 21:28:52 2008] : DM: weedy
[Tue Jul 8 21:29:37 2008] : Aliatra: "I think I prefer my ring, actually"
[Tue Jul 8 21:30:02 2008] : Adrin: "I dont care, as long as we can see"
[Tue Jul 8 21:30:02 2008] : Dan: "It's a spell I don't have, but a useful one. The torch will never burn out"
[Tue Jul 8 21:30:09 2008] : Adrin: "Ever?"
[Tue Jul 8 21:30:26 2008] : Dan: "And it does not burn so you can pocket it"
[Tue Jul 8 21:30:43 2008] : Dan: "Dispel magic would probably extinguish it Adrin"
[Tue Jul 8 21:31:13 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra pops the torch into her backpack
[Tue Jul 8 21:31:16 2008] : Adrin: "............ well obviously"
[Tue Jul 8 21:31:20 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's move on
[Tue Jul 8 21:31:30 2008] : Dan: "Agreed"
[Tue Jul 8 21:31:45 2008] : Adrin: Adrin takes his torch and puts it in his pack
[Tue Jul 8 21:32:12 2008] : Adrin: [1d12] => [1] = (1)
[Tue Jul 8 21:32:19 2008] : Adrin: ooc nnooooooooooooo
[Tue Jul 8 21:32:42 2008] : Dan: ooc Booooo!
[Tue Jul 8 21:33:27 2008] : DM: ooc 4th edition gets rid of rolled hit points.
[Tue Jul 8 21:33:38 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra gets moving again
[Tue Jul 8 21:33:42 2008] : Adrin: ooc really need to read that
[Tue Jul 8 21:34:00 2008] : DM: You round the corner and come to another room.
[Tue Jul 8 21:34:05 2008] : Dan: ooc almost finished the PHB!
[Tue Jul 8 21:34:31 2008] : Aliatra: ooc And no Crit threats anymore, it's to Crit or not to Crit
[Tue Jul 8 21:34:37 2008] : DM: Cages in a coner is a tiny green dragon, it lies motionless and barely breathing.
[Tue Jul 8 21:35:08 2008] : Dan: "Ah, I see what the other dragon was referring to now!"
[Tue Jul 8 21:35:08 2008] : Aliatra: "Aww, the poor creature, left to die like that"
[Tue Jul 8 21:35:18 2008] : DM: Against a wall is another desk, the drawers overflowing with papers.
[Tue Jul 8 21:35:36 2008] : Dan: "Remember that green dragons are rapacious killers"
[Tue Jul 8 21:36:25 2008] : Dan: "Still, I do not condone torture"
[Tue Jul 8 21:36:30 2008] : Adrin: "I've no love for them"
[Tue Jul 8 21:36:35 2008] : Dan: "We should end its misery"
[Tue Jul 8 21:36:58 2008] : Dan: "But I do not think that we should release it"
[Tue Jul 8 21:37:46 2008] : Aliatra: "Love or no love, this is cruelty and I abhor that"
[Tue Jul 8 21:37:47 2008] : Dan: "Although I wonder if it's capable of leading us to its mother's hoard"
[Tue Jul 8 21:38:18 2008] : Aliatra: "Why not asking him/her? The mother could talk with us"
[Tue Jul 8 21:39:17 2008] : Dan: Dan moves to the papers and examines them
[Tue Jul 8 21:39:45 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes over to the dragon (not too close though)
[Tue Jul 8 21:40:10 2008] : Aliatra: "Can you talk with me? Is there anything we can do for you?"
[Tue Jul 8 21:40:57 2008] : DM: The papers, consisting of scribbled notes, half in code are the evidence you need. From what you can decipher there are records of bribes, insurance scams and outright thievery.
[Tue Jul 8 21:41:34 2008] : DM: Amongst the papers is a map of the wilderness around Marseine. Showing the location of a dragon's lair.
[Tue Jul 8 21:41:51 2008] : Adrin: "Now thats interesting"
[Tue Jul 8 21:41:55 2008] : DM: The dragon is unconcious. Make a heal check.
[Tue Jul 8 21:42:25 2008] : Aliatra: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [14,8] = (22)
[Tue Jul 8 21:42:26 2008] : Dan: "The dragon lair is on this map Ali"
[Tue Jul 8 21:42:35 2008] : Dan: "Just put it out of its misery"
[Tue Jul 8 21:42:45 2008] : Aliatra: "That should help us"
[Tue Jul 8 21:43:12 2008] : Aliatra: "I will do that if and when necessary, Dan"
[Tue Jul 8 21:43:16 2008] : DM: You see the dragon is starved, its scales anddulled and weeping sores cover its underbelly. It looks near death and will probably die in a few hours.
[Tue Jul 8 21:43:30 2008] : Dan: "I also think that we have the necessary evidence"
[Tue Jul 8 21:44:05 2008] : Dan: "Do we keep the map?"
[Tue Jul 8 21:44:19 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra blinks as if there is something in her eyes as she draws her sword
[Tue Jul 8 21:44:42 2008] : Dan: "I think we've earned it."
[Tue Jul 8 21:44:46 2008] : Adrin: "Yeah, keep it"
[Tue Jul 8 21:44:50 2008] : Dan: "I'll copy it anyway"
[Tue Jul 8 21:44:51 2008] : Aliatra: "This creature won't ever use the lair again, so we might as well use it to our advantage"
[Tue Jul 8 21:45:23 2008] : Dan: Dan takes out his sketchbook and makes as good a copy of the lair location as possible
[Tue Jul 8 21:45:30 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra strikes hard and fast, to end the dragon's misery once and for all
[Tue Jul 8 21:45:47 2008] : Adrin: "Anything else in here?"
[Tue Jul 8 21:46:06 2008] : DM: The wyrmling dies.
[Tue Jul 8 21:46:30 2008] : DM: ooc do you have any relevant skills, Dan?
[Tue Jul 8 21:46:43 2008] : DM: ooc craft?
[Tue Jul 8 21:46:56 2008] : DM: There's nothing else of interest down here.
[Tue Jul 8 21:47:03 2008] : Dan: Craft: Painting Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [19,8] = (27)
[Tue Jul 8 21:47:24 2008] : DM: You make a good copy of the map.
[Tue Jul 8 21:48:03 2008] : DM: ooc brb
[Tue Jul 8 21:48:10 2008] : Dan: "So, next question..."
[Tue Jul 8 21:48:18 2008] : Dan: "Do we kill Yolande?"
[Tue Jul 8 21:48:34 2008] : Dan: "I'd gladly see him spend his days incarcerated"
[Tue Jul 8 21:48:49 2008] : Dan: "I have no desire to curry favour with a demoness"
[Tue Jul 8 21:48:57 2008] : Aliatra: "That would be satisfying, but what if he comes free?"
[Tue Jul 8 21:49:03 2008] : Dan: "And the other request for his death was from the dragon"
[Tue Jul 8 21:49:10 2008] : Adrin: "Then we get to kill him"
[Tue Jul 8 21:49:59 2008] : Dan: "Did we say that we would kill him to the demon?"
[Tue Jul 8 21:50:19 2008] : Dan: "Err, devil"
[Tue Jul 8 21:50:40 2008] : Aliatra: "I don't think so. But he deserves it for the dragon alone"
[Tue Jul 8 21:50:45 2008] : DM: ooc you didn't agree, but the offer still stands.
[Tue Jul 8 21:51:16 2008] : Dan: "Good, devils tend to be sticklers for detail"
[Tue Jul 8 21:51:21 2008] : Adrin: "Sliding a blade 'tween his ribs would be satifying"
[Tue Jul 8 21:51:34 2008] : Adrin: ooc satisfying
[Tue Jul 8 21:52:07 2008] : Dan: "Indeed, but I'm mindful of the shadowman and morally grey areas that killing puts us in"
[Tue Jul 8 21:52:17 2008] : Dan: "Yolande is no threat to us asleep"
[Tue Jul 8 21:52:38 2008] : DM: ooc remember what Franceza said about killing him. His criminal empire would live on through someone else.
[Tue Jul 8 21:52:57 2008] : Adrin: "If he is asleep. I find it hard to beleive that we haven't been noticed."
[Tue Jul 8 21:53:09 2008] : Dan: "I'd say Franseza is the best hope of clearing our names"
[Tue Jul 8 21:53:18 2008] : Aliatra: "Yeah, well, maybe not. But he is an utter and total bastard and the world would be a better place with him dead. He abuses his power"
[Tue Jul 8 21:53:24 2008] : Dan: "I'd rather not piss her off"
[Tue Jul 8 21:53:53 2008] : Dan: "But how does a bastard like him survive without his criminal empire?"
[Tue Jul 8 21:54:15 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes back to the stairs, looking slightly depressed
[Tue Jul 8 21:54:19 2008] : Dan: "I'd say the "legitimate" thieves are none too pleased with him"
[Tue Jul 8 21:54:21 2008] : Adrin: "People like him find a way"
[Tue Jul 8 21:54:45 2008] : Adrin: "He'll have money stashed away to pay them off"
[Tue Jul 8 21:54:47 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's just get out of here and make sure he ends up in jail"
[Tue Jul 8 21:54:56 2008] : Dan: "Last question, do we take him with us when we teleport back?"
[Tue Jul 8 21:55:25 2008] : Adrin: "I say no"
[Tue Jul 8 21:55:35 2008] : Dan: "He'll be aware his plans have been taken soon. He may scarper"
[Tue Jul 8 21:56:13 2008] : Dan: "OK, let's teleport back to the meeting point outside the city"
[Tue Jul 8 21:56:38 2008] : Adrin: "Fransezas people may need a little time with the evidence before moving against him"
[Tue Jul 8 21:56:45 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's take him with us. It will be so satisfying to tie hin up"
[Tue Jul 8 21:57:02 2008] : Adrin: "Besides it may not be enough and we will have tipped our hand completely"
[Tue Jul 8 21:57:14 2008] : Dan: "But is it as bad as killing him to take him away?"
[Tue Jul 8 21:57:28 2008] : Dan: "Will the organisation reform?"
[Tue Jul 8 21:57:38 2008] : DM: When you get back to the office you hear him still snoring. He must be a very heavy sleeper.
[Tue Jul 8 21:57:43 2008] : Dan: "I think I agree with Adrin"
[Tue Jul 8 21:57:57 2008] : Dan: "Let's go"
[Tue Jul 8 21:58:08 2008] : Adrin: "If we leave him here we can always track him down and kill him later. If we kill him its final"
[Tue Jul 8 21:58:33 2008] : Aliatra: "Yeah, let's leave some sports for later"
[Tue Jul 8 21:58:41 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra grins
[Tue Jul 8 21:58:51 2008] : Adrin: Adrin is slightly surprised at the words coming from his mouth
[Tue Jul 8 21:59:32 2008] : Dan: "Where did we have to go with the evidence?"
[Tue Jul 8 21:59:59 2008] : DM: Franseza.
[Tue Jul 8 22:00:25 2008] : DM: via the guide that brought you to the mansion.
[Tue Jul 8 22:00:47 2008] : Dan: "OK, back outside then"!
[Tue Jul 8 22:00:53 2008] : Aliatra: "Don't forget to let Emma know where we are"
[Tue Jul 8 22:01:08 2008] : Adrin: "Yeah, lets go"
[Tue Jul 8 22:01:18 2008] : Dan: "We're meeting her I think, not teleporting"
[Tue Jul 8 22:01:40 2008] : Dan: "I can take us to the other side of the garden wall with a dimension door from here"
[Tue Jul 8 22:02:16 2008] : Aliatra: "Sounds good"
[Tue Jul 8 22:02:49 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Dimension Door (level 4): Teleports caster a short distance (Range 400ft + 40ft/level)
[Tue Jul 8 22:03:00 2008] : ** DM switches to narrator mode **
[Tue Jul 8 22:03:15 2008] : Dan: Dan steps into the door beckoning the others
[Tue Jul 8 22:03:35 2008] : DM: Emma leads you to a safe house within the city where you meet Franseza the following morning.
[Tue Jul 8 22:03:40 2008] : Adrin: Adrin steps through
[Tue Jul 8 22:03:54 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra follows
[Tue Jul 8 22:04:01 2008] : DM: With the evidence you've collected Yolande and swiftly arrested and a trial arranged.
[Tue Jul 8 22:04:34 2008] : Adrin: ooc that was swift
[Tue Jul 8 22:04:50 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Very :-)
[Tue Jul 8 22:05:22 2008] : DM: After several tedious weeks of hiding out and waiting, an agent brings you news that Yolande has been found guilty and all his assets are to be seized by the crown.
[Tue Jul 8 22:06:07 2008] : DM: The agent mentions that Yolande has been sentenced to death by hanging and his execution is scheduled for 3 days time.
[Tue Jul 8 22:06:22 2008] : Adrin: "Can we get front row seats?"
[Tue Jul 8 22:06:35 2008] : Dan: "We're still fugitives"
[Tue Jul 8 22:06:48 2008] : Aliatra: "What snacks will be served?"
[Tue Jul 8 22:07:03 2008] : Dan: brb loo
[Tue Jul 8 22:07:30 2008] : DM: All the trumped up charges against you have been dropped and you've been awarded each a reward of 5000 gold pieces each.
[Tue Jul 8 22:07:56 2008] : Adrin: ooc mwa ha ha
[Tue Jul 8 22:08:43 2008] : ** DM turns narrator mode off **
[Tue Jul 8 22:09:13 2008] : DM: The execution is not public and you are not permitted to attend.
[Tue Jul 8 22:09:30 2008] : Adrin: ooc Its a fix, I tells ye
[Tue Jul 8 22:09:43 2008] : Dan: ooc woot, need to spend some now!
[Tue Jul 8 22:10:24 2008] : DM: ooc don't forget the 6 weeks of waiting that you could use for scribing etc.
[Tue Jul 8 22:11:18 2008] : Dan: ooc, ok cheers... Steel-bronze research??
[Tue Jul 8 22:11:32 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Yeah, go on
[Tue Jul 8 22:11:40 2008] : Dan: ooc I'm sure Franseza could arrange a suitable lab
[Tue Jul 8 22:11:54 2008] : DM: ooc okay, but I'll need to think what the next level is.
[Tue Jul 8 22:12:00 2008] : Dan: np
[Tue Jul 8 22:12:30 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jul 8 22:13:51 2008] : Dan: Dan gets one of Franseza's people to buy him a blessed book and sets to work transcribing some spells
[Tue Jul 8 22:14:22 2008] : DM: ooc blessed? You mean an empty spell book, right?
[Tue Jul 8 22:14:36 2008] : Dan: ooc it's a wondrous item
[Tue Jul 8 22:14:46 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Boccob's Blessed Book
[Tue Jul 8 22:14:59 2008] : DM: ooc okay
[Tue Jul 8 22:15:01 2008] : Aliatra: ooc More pages, lower costs
[Tue Jul 8 22:15:02 2008] : Dan: ooc 12000gp - has 1000 pages, costs nothing to scribe to!
[Tue Jul 8 22:15:37 2008] : Dan: Now I just need 130 or so days to transcribe all my spells!
[Tue Jul 8 22:15:56 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jul 8 22:16:14 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Just do that as you go along and use 2 books in the mean time
[Tue Jul 8 22:16:47 2008] : Dan: ooc I intend to - but I can do my second book (30 pages or so) in the 6 week period
[Tue Jul 8 22:18:20 2008] : DM: So what are people doing between now and Yolande's execution?
[Tue Jul 8 22:19:00 2008] : Dan: ooc steel-bronze esearch and scribing
[Tue Jul 8 22:19:11 2008] : Adrin: ooc not sure. Currently looking at things I can buy
[Tue Jul 8 22:20:08 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Windowshopping, to decide what I want to spend my money on
[Tue Jul 8 22:21:00 2008] : Adrin: ooc Adrin is probably getting in trouble
[Tue Jul 8 22:21:04 2008] : DM: Okay.
[Tue Jul 8 22:21:07 2008] : Aliatra: ooc And generally helping out, assisting Dan, sparring with Adrin, asking Franseza for something to do
[Tue Jul 8 22:21:08 2008] : Dan: ooc Hmm, PCGen doesn't like my characters generated with Windows!
[Tue Jul 8 22:22:19 2008] : DM: Late one evening, whilst you're sitting in a tavern having a few drinks, a person approaches you, wearing a black hooded cloak.
[Tue Jul 8 22:22:52 2008] : Adrin: "Can we help you?"
[Tue Jul 8 22:23:09 2008] : DM: The talk of the tavern is the recent execution of the criminal mastermind Yolande.
[Tue Jul 8 22:23:31 2008] : DM: The person pulls up a chair and sits down at your table.
[Tue Jul 8 22:23:55 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra keeps on drinking her wine as she looks at the stranger
[Tue Jul 8 22:24:31 2008] : DM: Pulling back the cloak's hood the person is revealed to be a woman of exceptional and strange beauty.
[Tue Jul 8 22:24:42 2008] : Dan: Dan sits and paints in the borders of his spellbook
[Tue Jul 8 22:25:02 2008] : Adrin: "Well hello. Care for a drink?"
[Tue Jul 8 22:25:07 2008] : DM: Her eyes are red and slitted like a cats and when she smiles are you her brilliant white teeth and sharp and pointed.
[Tue Jul 8 22:25:56 2008] : Asmerdyas: "I am Asmerdyas, and I'm here to commend you on your flawless and cunning execution of Yolande."
[Tue Jul 8 22:26:15 2008] : Aliatra: "You're welcome"
[Tue Jul 8 22:26:20 2008] : Asmerdyas: "I admire people who can twist the laws of the land to their own person."
[Tue Jul 8 22:26:45 2008] : Asmerdyas: "Now your side of the bargin is complete."
[Tue Jul 8 22:26:47 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 22:26
[Tue Jul 8 22:26:48 2008] : Adrin: "Most laws are already twisted"
[Tue Jul 8 22:26:56 2008] : Dan: Dan looks up from his painting
[Tue Jul 8 22:27:12 2008] : Aliatra: Booting '(14) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Jul 8 22:27:13 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 22:27
[Tue Jul 8 22:27:21 2008] : Asmerdyas: "I am here to fulfil my side."
[Tue Jul 8 22:27:27 2008] : Aliatra: "No need to twist any laws"
[Tue Jul 8 22:27:34 2008] : Asmerdyas: GAME END

[img]
Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / Top