Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue May 20 19:33:46 2008] : DM: GAME START
[Tue May 20 19:33:47 2008] : Adrin: just retrieved my old settings.xml
[Tue May 20 19:34:02 2008] : DM: There's a another even louder clap of thunder. The door to the chapel crashes open, and silouetted by the flash of lightening is a figure with broad feathery wings.
[Tue May 20 19:34:17 2008] : DM: The person or creature steps into the chamber: a woman of stauesque build and flawless skin. She shakes her large feathery wings and her glowing red eyes seem to stare into your very souls.
[Tue May 20 19:34:37 2008] : DM: A second creature also enters and stand besides the first.
[Tue May 20 19:34:57 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra stares at the woman as she searches for knowledge about the creature
[Tue May 20 19:34:57 2008] : Eyrine: "Hold mortals! We would parley a moment with you."
[Tue May 20 19:35:02 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [2,12] = (14)
[Tue May 20 19:35:03 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+10] => [17,10] = (27)
[Tue May 20 19:35:13 2008] : Eyrine: You recognizes them as eyrines, seductive devils from the outer planes. They're mildy immune to non-good weapons and enjoy tangling their victims with a magically enchanted rope.
[Tue May 20 19:35:39 2008] : Aliatra: "And why would we want to parley with you?"
[Tue May 20 19:35:46 2008] : Eyrine: The eyrines are more dressed that popular tales of the seductive devils would suggest, although their minimal attire leaves little to the imagination it does provide ample support where required that suggests they do more than look beautiful but know how to use the swords strapped to their hips and the bows on their backs.
[Tue May 20 19:35:58 2008] : Adrin: Adrin reaches for his sword, just in case
[Tue May 20 19:36:25 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra is glad she never took her sword off
[Tue May 20 19:36:37 2008] : Eyrine: "Someone from the plane of shadows has taken in interest in you and our master can tell you who and why in exchange for a small favour."
[Tue May 20 19:37:24 2008] : Aliatra: "How small a favour and what master?"
[Tue May 20 19:38:14 2008] : Eyrine: "You know of the human Yolande. Our master Asmerdyas wishes him dead."
[Tue May 20 19:38:51 2008] : Adrin: "Why?"
[Tue May 20 19:39:10 2008] : Aliatra: "And he needs mortals to accomplish that? That sounds weird"
[Tue May 20 19:39:14 2008] : Dan: ooc phone
[Tue May 20 19:39:35 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes through her memiry for knowledge of Asmerdyas
[Tue May 20 19:39:37 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [1,12] = (13)
[Tue May 20 19:39:37 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+10] => [17,10] = (27)
[Tue May 20 19:40:29 2008] : Eyrine: "We know not her reason."
[Tue May 20 19:40:30 2008] : Aliatra: "Mind you, in my book Yolande deserves to die"
[Tue May 20 19:41:19 2008] : Aliatra: "And why would she explain herself to you anyway"
[Tue May 20 19:41:30 2008] : Eyrine: "We are but her minions."
[Tue May 20 19:42:33 2008] : Adrin: "Can you tell us anything more about Yolande that might help"
[Tue May 20 19:43:11 2008] : Eyrine: "A moment..."
[Tue May 20 19:44:14 2008] : Eyrine: A shimmering illusion forms. The viewpoint swoops low until you see a large mansion set within a walled garden.
[Tue May 20 19:44:36 2008] : Adrin: "Nice trick"
[Tue May 20 19:44:45 2008] : Oona: Oona backs away slightly, keeping to the shadows and trying to look inconspicuous
[Tue May 20 19:44:59 2008] : Eyrine: The picture focuses on a shaggy wolf-like beast that patrols the grounds.
[Tue May 20 19:44:59 2008] : Aliatra: "Is scrying like this, Dan?"
[Tue May 20 19:45:05 2008] : Eyrine: ooc knowledge: nature
[Tue May 20 19:45:12 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue May 20 19:45:15 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [16,8] = (24)
[Tue May 20 19:45:15 2008] : Eyrine: ooc it's just an illusion.
[Tue May 20 19:45:27 2008] : Adrin: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [1,5] = (6)
[Tue May 20 19:45:31 2008] : Eyrine: Dire wolves patrol the grounds.
[Tue May 20 19:45:31 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks at the strange dog
[Tue May 20 19:46:23 2008] : Aliatra: ooc You know Aliatra, she just wants to know and she reckons scrying might seem like this illusion
[Tue May 20 19:46:56 2008] : Eyrine: The view shifts again, a door, a kitchen a flight of narrow steps, another door and a opulent panelled library or office.
[Tue May 20 19:47:02 2008] : Dan: ooc properly back
[Tue May 20 19:47:12 2008] : Oona: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [4,7] = (11)
[Tue May 20 19:47:43 2008] : Eyrine: The image fades.
[Tue May 20 19:48:33 2008] : Aliatra: "Ehmm, that was a nice trick, but I did not see Yolande"
[Tue May 20 19:49:09 2008] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+20] => [10,20] = (30)
[Tue May 20 19:49:25 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, that was illusion, not divination"
[Tue May 20 19:49:51 2008] : Eyrine: "We show you his mansion, the entrace, his office and you still require more information? Perhaps you are not as skilled as we were lead to believe."
[Tue May 20 19:49:53 2008] : Dan: "Was that just a false projection, or was it based on reality?
[Tue May 20 19:50:30 2008] : Dan: "More information? You gave us a neat trick, not some accurate scrying"
[Tue May 20 19:50:47 2008] : Dan: "Why should we believe that this is anything more than a trick?"
[Tue May 20 19:50:54 2008] : Eyrine: "What purpose would a false image serve?"
[Tue May 20 19:51:47 2008] : Aliatra: "You might just be trying to impress us, or lure us into a trap"
[Tue May 20 19:52:58 2008] : Dan: "Why should we believe that you ar enot in league with yolande?"
[Tue May 20 19:53:26 2008] : Dan: "So you give us a false, vision, then lead us to a trap prepared by him?"
[Tue May 20 19:53:28 2008] : Eyrine: The rest their hands on their sword hilts. "We could break you now and drag your screaming bodies down into the abyss and leave you lying in endless torment!"
[Tue May 20 19:53:44 2008] : Eyrine: "What use have we for tricks and lies!"
[Tue May 20 19:53:47 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra listen to this answer
[Tue May 20 19:53:50 2008] : Aliatra: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [17,8] = (25)
[Tue May 20 19:53:58 2008] : Oona: Oona retreats behind a bench
[Tue May 20 19:54:15 2008] : Adrin: "Maybe you just want to play with us for fun"
[Tue May 20 19:54:20 2008] : Aliatra: "You could, but what use would that be to you?"
[Tue May 20 19:54:25 2008] : Oona: while studying the body language of the Eyrines
[Tue May 20 19:54:27 2008] : Oona: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [5,8] = (13)
[Tue May 20 19:54:29 2008] : Dan: ooc my italic comments don't get sent to the chat window
[Tue May 20 19:54:40 2008] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+16] => [2,16] = (18)
[Tue May 20 19:54:45 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Weird
[Tue May 20 19:54:46 2008] : Oona: ooc weird.
[Tue May 20 19:54:55 2008] : Dan: Dan rolls his eyes
[Tue May 20 19:55:12 2008] : Dan: "OK, you are creatures who adhere to a code"
[Tue May 20 19:55:28 2008] : Dan: "So trickery may not be in your methods, at least not this way"
[Tue May 20 19:56:09 2008] : Dan: "But why should we trust you?"
[Tue May 20 19:56:18 2008] : Eyrine: The leader turns to her companion. "Sister, they approach, we must fly."
[Tue May 20 19:57:14 2008] : Aliatra: "Who is coming?"
[Tue May 20 19:57:38 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Do I believe them?
[Tue May 20 19:57:50 2008] : Eyrine: Turning back to you. "Slay Yolande or not as you wish. There are others that will do our bidding, but if you do not he will find you unprepared and feast."
[Tue May 20 19:58:58 2008] : Dan: "Feast?? Now why didn't you say that before? So he's either not humanoid, or he's a cannibal"
[Tue May 20 19:59:27 2008] : Eyrine: ooc the suggestion that this is all some complex trick seems somewhat farfetched and implausible.
[Tue May 20 20:00:07 2008] : Aliatra: "Or he is a party animal and doesn't want to feast on us"
[Tue May 20 20:00:24 2008] : Dan: test
[Tue May 20 20:00:30 2008] : Dan: ooc Yay
[Tue May 20 20:00:31 2008] : Adrin: "This is all very strange"
[Tue May 20 20:00:38 2008] : Aliatra: "Still, I believe you and I think we can work togeter on this one"
[Tue May 20 20:00:40 2008] : Adrin: oco what was it?
[Tue May 20 20:00:43 2008] : Oona: ooc does it? If they used illusion, it does not seem very far fetched to me :(
[Tue May 20 20:00:55 2008] : Dan: ooc needed to turn 'StripHTML' on, then off again
[Tue May 20 20:01:07 2008] : Eyrine: ooc someone rolled high on their sense motive.
[Tue May 20 20:02:33 2008] : Eyrine: "Fool mortal. Yolande is but a pawn for the one who hunts you from the shadows."
[Tue May 20 20:02:35 2008] : Dan: "He could have been referring to the creature of shadow of course"
[Tue May 20 20:02:49 2008] : Dan: "Ah"
[Tue May 20 20:02:56 2008] : Dan: "Anyway, we have common goals"
[Tue May 20 20:03:09 2008] : Adrin: "Doesn't stop it all being strange"
[Tue May 20 20:03:19 2008] : Dan: "Yolande has crossed us 3 times now"
[Tue May 20 20:03:19 2008] : Eyrine: "Now we must fly for they approach. Arm yourselfs, mortals."
[Tue May 20 20:03:21 2008] : Aliatra: "I think we can serve your master for now"
[Tue May 20 20:03:34 2008] : Adrin: "Who's coming?"
[Tue May 20 20:03:41 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Shield (level 1) : +4 shield bonus to AC. Protection from MM. (Duration - 1 minute/level)
[Tue May 20 20:03:47 2008] : Aliatra: "Yes. thank you for the warning ... I guess"
[Tue May 20 20:03:59 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Mirror Image (level 2): Creates decoy duplicates of you (1d4 +1 per three levels, max 8) ==> [1d4+3] => [1,3] = (4) images (Image AC = 15; Duration - 1 minute per level)
[Tue May 20 20:04:04 2008] : Oona: Oona keeps her bow ready
[Tue May 20 20:04:23 2008] : Eyrine: The eyrines stride out of the chapel into the thunderstorm and launch themselfs into the air, flying powerfully upwards into the driving rain and dark of the night.
[Tue May 20 20:04:25 2008] : Adrin: Adrin checks his equipment and readies himself
[Tue May 20 20:06:06 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra checks her bow and sword before peering out of the door
[Tue May 20 20:06:12 2008] : Dan: "Which of you wants a Stoneskin?"
[Tue May 20 20:06:35 2008] : Dan: "i only have one"
[Tue May 20 20:07:07 2008] : Shadow: Moments after the eyrines leave two vaguely humanoid shadows passs through the walls of the chapel and attack hungrily.
[Tue May 20 20:07:16 2008] : DM: Initiative
[Tue May 20 20:07:20 2008] : Oona: Initiative: [1d20+9] => [15,9] = (24)
[Tue May 20 20:07:24 2008] : Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+3] => [11,3] = (14)
[Tue May 20 20:07:25 2008] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [8,5] = (13)
[Tue May 20 20:07:35 2008] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [1,7] = (8)
[Tue May 20 20:07:46 2008] : Dan: "Ah, not likely to help versus these chaps"
[Tue May 20 20:07:59 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [11,18] = (29)
[Tue May 20 20:08:16 2008] : Aliatra: "The minions of someone else, perhaps?"
[Tue May 20 20:08:22 2008] : Adrin: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue May 20 20:08:23 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+10] => [11,10] = (21)
[Tue May 20 20:08:48 2008] : Dan: "Our shadow friend of course"
[Tue May 20 20:08:57 2008] : Oona: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue May 20 20:09:18 2008] : DM: [1d20+2] => [14,2] = (16)
[Tue May 20 20:09:51 2008] : Aliatra: "That"
[Tue May 20 20:09:59 2008] : Aliatra: "That
[Tue May 20 20:10:05 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Darn
[Tue May 20 20:10:12 2008] : Aliatra: "That's what I meant"
[Tue May 20 20:10:47 2008] : DM: They are greater shadows, their touch drains strength and they're incorporeal.
[Tue May 20 20:10:51 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue May 20 20:10:55 2008] : Oona: Oona notches an arrow and fires (arrows+1)
[Tue May 20 20:10:59 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (base): [1d20+13] => [6,13] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [6,5] = (11)
[Tue May 20 20:10:59 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (second): [1d20+8] => [16,8] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [4,5] = (9)
[Tue May 20 20:11:08 2008] : Oona: at #1
[Tue May 20 20:11:12 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue May 20 20:11:51 2008] : DM: ooc roll miss chance. d20 versus DC10. (or 50% miss change if you fancy inconsistent rules.
[Tue May 20 20:12:01 2008] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue May 20 20:12:16 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue May 20 20:12:28 2008] : DM: ooc DC11 for 50% actually.
[Tue May 20 20:13:05 2008] : Oona: [1d20] => [6] = (6)
[Tue May 20 20:13:37 2008] : DM: ooc and another one for the 2nd attack.
[Tue May 20 20:13:42 2008] : Oona: [1d20] => [8] = (8)
[Tue May 20 20:14:08 2008] : DM: Your arrows clatter against the stone wall behind the shadow creature.
[Tue May 20 20:14:23 2008] : DM: They advance on Adrin and Aliatra.
[Tue May 20 20:15:09 2008] : DM: ooc oops. I don't have a shadow already.
[Tue May 20 20:15:28 2008] : DM: ooc I was sure you'd fought shadows before.
[Tue May 20 20:16:29 2008] : Aliatra: ooc We'll wait (do we have a choice? ;-) )
[Tue May 20 20:16:35 2008] : Dan: ooc I thought we had? Wraiths maybe?
[Tue May 20 20:17:52 2008] : DM: Touch (STR damage) (base): [1d20+6] => [10,6] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [8,0] = (8)
[Tue May 20 20:17:53 2008] : DM: Touch (STR damage) (base): [1d20+6] => [10,6] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [5,0] = (5)
[Tue May 20 20:18:19 2008] : Adrin: ooc touch ac = 14
[Tue May 20 20:18:52 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Touch 13
[Tue May 20 20:19:10 2008] : DM: Take 8 STR damage Adrin and Aliatra, take 5 STR damage.
[Tue May 20 20:19:20 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue May 20 20:19:24 2008] : Adrin: ooc irk
[Tue May 20 20:19:36 2008] : Adrin: adrin limply attacks #2
[Tue May 20 20:20:02 2008] : Adrin: adrin flies into a rage and limply attacks #2
[Tue May 20 20:20:10 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue May 20 20:20:17 2008] : Adrin: ooc so this is going to be -4?
[Tue May 20 20:20:27 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+17] => [4,17] = (21) ===> Damage: [2d6+10] => [1,3,10] = (14)
[Tue May 20 20:20:27 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (second): [1d20+12] => [12,12] = (24) ===> Damage: [2d6+10] => [5,2,10] = (17)
[Tue May 20 20:20:43 2008] : Adrin: [1d20] => [17] = (17)
[Tue May 20 20:20:43 2008] : Adrin: [1d20] => [17] = (17)
[Tue May 20 20:21:20 2008] : DM: Adrin slashes into the shadow and it mutters and hisses into a whisper as it's shredded.
[Tue May 20 20:21:39 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue May 20 20:21:53 2008] : Adrin: ooc phew
[Tue May 20 20:22:20 2008] : Dan: Dan has a quick think about his options
[Tue May 20 20:22:26 2008] : Oona: ooc brb
[Tue May 20 20:22:48 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Phantasmal Killer (level 4): Fearsome illusion kills subject or deals [3d6] => [2,5,1] = (8) damage (Will save for disbelief, then fortitude vs death effect - DC 20)
[Tue May 20 20:23:08 2008] : Dan: Vs #2
[Tue May 20 20:23:57 2008] : Dan: Dan conjures a fearsome shadow beast
[Tue May 20 20:24:00 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue May 20 20:24:09 2008] : DM: The spell has no effect.
[Tue May 20 20:24:19 2008] : Dan: ooc boo!
[Tue May 20 20:24:20 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue May 20 20:24:41 2008] : DM: ooc undead are immune to mind affecting effects.
[Tue May 20 20:24:42 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra casts Searing Light on #1
[Tue May 20 20:24:49 2008] : Aliatra: Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+8] => [2,8] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue May 20 20:24:49 2008] : Aliatra: Ranged touch attack (second): [1d20+3] => [8,3] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue May 20 20:25:15 2008] : Aliatra: ooc And blasts her spell?
[Tue May 20 20:25:19 2008] : Dan: ooc not subject to illusion spells? Is that something in the rules that I don't know but that Dan might have?
[Tue May 20 20:25:47 2008] : DM: ooc The undead traits in the MM.
[Tue May 20 20:26:41 2008] : DM: Your ray misses.
[Tue May 20 20:26:46 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue May 20 20:27:06 2008] : Dan: ooc ah, well would Dan have known that? He's madly intelligent, just 'cause I don't remember that they're undead
[Tue May 20 20:27:43 2008] : DM: ooc probably but in the heat of battle it seems he forgot.
[Tue May 20 20:28:25 2008] : Aliatra: ooc *grin* That is so not fair!
[Tue May 20 20:28:39 2008] : Dan: ooc DM's decision
[Tue May 20 20:28:52 2008] : Oona: ooc same on #1
[Tue May 20 20:28:54 2008] : Oona: [1d20] => [16] = (16)
[Tue May 20 20:28:55 2008] : Oona: [1d20] => [15] = (15)
[Tue May 20 20:29:11 2008] : DM: Need some attack rolls too.
[Tue May 20 20:29:16 2008] : Oona: Oona shoots again, tryiung to aim better at the fuzzy shadows
[Tue May 20 20:29:25 2008] : Oona: ooc I know, but I was not gonna waste them ;-)
[Tue May 20 20:29:27 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (base): [1d20+13] => [18,13] = (31) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [6,5] = (11)
[Tue May 20 20:29:27 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (second): [1d20+8] => [18,8] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [1,5] = (6)
[Tue May 20 20:29:33 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue May 20 20:29:37 2008] : Oona: ooc wait
[Tue May 20 20:29:39 2008] : Oona: PBS
[Tue May 20 20:29:43 2008] : DM: Your arrows strike true and the shadow is affected.
[Tue May 20 20:29:56 2008] : Oona: ooc PBS does not affect damage does it?
[Tue May 20 20:30:35 2008] : DM: ooc yes it does +1 to attack and damage
[Tue May 20 20:31:15 2008] : Shadow: The shadows strike at Aliatra and Dan.
[Tue May 20 20:31:23 2008] : Shadow: Touch (STR damage) (base): [1d20+6] => [10,6] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [2,0] = (2)
[Tue May 20 20:31:24 2008] : Shadow: Touch (STR damage) (base): [1d20+6] => [2,6] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [3,0] = (3)
[Tue May 20 20:31:25 2008] : Dan: AC = 25
[Tue May 20 20:31:25 2008] : Oona: ooc then add +1 damage :)
[Tue May 20 20:31:48 2008] : Shadow: The shadows touch weakens you further Aliatra.
[Tue May 20 20:32:10 2008] : Shadow: The second shadow seems baffled by Dan's protective magics.
[Tue May 20 20:32:14 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue May 20 20:32:30 2008] : Adrin: adrin steps up and attacks #2
[Tue May 20 20:32:32 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+17] => [8,17] = (25) ===> Damage: [2d6+10] => [2,6,10] = (18)
[Tue May 20 20:32:32 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (second): [1d20+12] => [14,12] = (26) ===> Damage: [2d6+10] => [4,4,10] = (18)
[Tue May 20 20:32:36 2008] : Adrin: [1d20] => [14] = (14)
[Tue May 20 20:32:37 2008] : Adrin: [1d20] => [16] = (16)
[Tue May 20 20:33:14 2008] : Dan: "Damn, I'm so stupid - why try to kill an undead creature?"
[Tue May 20 20:33:21 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Another -2 STR to me?
[Tue May 20 20:33:35 2008] : DM: Two good hits.
[Tue May 20 20:33:38 2008] : DM: ooc yes.
[Tue May 20 20:33:42 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue May 20 20:33:59 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 5 Missiles on one target: [5d4+5] => [4,2,4,4,1,5] = (20) damage
[Tue May 20 20:34:15 2008] : Dan: ooc on #1
[Tue May 20 20:34:32 2008] : Dan: ooc AoO if you like
[Tue May 20 20:34:38 2008] : DM: The shadow is obilterated by the globes of force magic.
[Tue May 20 20:34:44 2008] : DM: Touch (STR damage) (base): [1d20+6] => [14,6] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue May 20 20:34:54 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue May 20 20:34:59 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue May 20 20:35:32 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra tries Searing Light again, now on #2
[Tue May 20 20:35:36 2008] : Aliatra: Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+8] => [17,8] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue May 20 20:35:36 2008] : Aliatra: Ranged touch attack (second): [1d20+3] => [12,3] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue May 20 20:35:43 2008] : DM: Hit
[Tue May 20 20:36:41 2008] : Aliatra: Undead, yeah?
[Tue May 20 20:36:47 2008] : DM: yes
[Tue May 20 20:36:49 2008] : Aliatra: [5d8] => [6,8,6,3,4] = (27)
[Tue May 20 20:37:04 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue May 20 20:37:37 2008] : DM: All that remains of the shadow now is a a few whispy tatters and its ever present whispered mutterings.
[Tue May 20 20:37:40 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue May 20 20:39:03 2008] : Oona: Oona holds her bow poised
[Tue May 20 20:39:17 2008] : Oona: ooc delay action. not wasting an arrow if someone finishes the thing.
[Tue May 20 20:39:29 2008] : Oona: ooc wait
[Tue May 20 20:39:29 2008] : Oona: nope
[Tue May 20 20:39:42 2008] : Dan: ooc it gets a go now
[Tue May 20 20:39:43 2008] : Oona: Oona aims and fires
[Tue May 20 20:39:53 2008] : Oona: ooc exactly, I miscalculated that.
[Tue May 20 20:39:57 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (base): [1d20+14] => [12,14] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [2,6] = (8)
[Tue May 20 20:39:57 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (second): [1d20+9] => [19,9] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [4,6] = (10)
[Tue May 20 20:40:01 2008] : Oona: [1d20] => [14] = (14)
[Tue May 20 20:40:01 2008] : Oona: [1d20] => [4] = (4)
[Tue May 20 20:40:10 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue May 20 20:40:16 2008] : DM: It dies (again)
[Tue May 20 20:40:42 2008] : Dan: ooc again?
[Tue May 20 20:40:47 2008] : Oona: ooc sorry about that, I didn't pay attention to the order
[Tue May 20 20:40:50 2008] : Oona: ooc it's undead :)
[Tue May 20 20:40:56 2008] : DM: ooc it was already dead(ish)
[Tue May 20 20:40:57 2008] : Dan: ooc ah
[Tue May 20 20:41:02 2008] : Adrin: Adrin struggles to sheathe his sword
[Tue May 20 20:41:06 2008] : Aliatra: "I hate that kind of creatures, I've been weakened yet again"
[Tue May 20 20:41:17 2008] : Adrin: "I feel... so.. weak"
[Tue May 20 20:41:23 2008] : Aliatra: "Anybody else hurt? Adrin, how do you feel?"
[Tue May 20 20:41:31 2008] : DM: 2025 XP each
[Tue May 20 20:41:35 2008] : Dan: ooc I consumed a bottle of wine in about an hour and a half before the game, I'm not at my sharpest tonight
[Tue May 20 20:41:52 2008] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue May 20 20:42:02 2008] : Dan: ooc WOOT \o/ ... Ka-Ching!!!!
[Tue May 20 20:42:34 2008] : Adrin: ooc grats
[Tue May 20 20:43:04 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Ker-ching
[Tue May 20 20:44:24 2008] : Dan: [1d4] => [3] = (3)
[Tue May 20 20:44:33 2008] : Aliatra: [5d8] => [3,1,3,4,1] = (12)
[Tue May 20 20:44:39 2008] : Aliatra: [1d8] => [2] = (2)
[Tue May 20 20:44:44 2008] : Dan: ooc boo!
[Tue May 20 20:44:45 2008] : Adrin: ooc boo
[Tue May 20 20:45:02 2008] : Dan: ooc getting some level 4 spells? ;)
[Tue May 20 20:45:58 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Perhaps
[Tue May 20 20:46:11 2008] : DM: The rain continues to drum on the roof and door swings in the blustery wind.
[Tue May 20 20:46:33 2008] : Adrin: Adrin tries to close the door
[Tue May 20 20:46:33 2008] : Dan: "So, more shadow creatures"
[Tue May 20 20:46:49 2008] : DM: The door closes, shutting out the wind.
[Tue May 20 20:46:57 2008] : Dan: "Do we sleep here then? I hope that we've had enough disturbances for the night"
[Tue May 20 20:47:54 2008] : Adrin: Adrin stumbles to his bedroll and crawls inside
[Tue May 20 20:47:57 2008] : Adrin: "Yes"
[Tue May 20 20:48:32 2008] : Aliatra: "Tomorrow I can help us both regain our strength, Adrin"
[Tue May 20 20:48:46 2008] : Dan: "Are you guys hurt?"
[Tue May 20 20:48:47 2008] : Oona: "Yes, a good night sleeps would make sense"
[Tue May 20 20:49:01 2008] : Dan: "I know that their wounds are not physical"
[Tue May 20 20:49:07 2008] : Aliatra: "Not wounded as such, but weakened"
[Tue May 20 20:49:09 2008] : Oona: "These creatures are... simply psychologically draining"
[Tue May 20 20:49:23 2008] : Oona: "I am fine, just not "happy"
[Tue May 20 20:49:26 2008] : Aliatra: "Those creatures sap your strength"
[Tue May 20 20:49:27 2008] : Adrin: "I feel like I can barely lift my arms"
[Tue May 20 20:49:33 2008] : Dan: "Perhaps we should rest for a day here and ensure that everyone is OK"
[Tue May 20 20:49:54 2008] : Aliatra: "Sounds good"
[Tue May 20 20:50:17 2008] : Adrin: ooc Adrin is exaggerating a little. He's just used to being quite strong
[Tue May 20 20:51:13 2008] : Dan: Dan sits in contemplation
[Tue May 20 20:51:19 2008] : Adrin: ooc I think he feels almost mortal
[Tue May 20 20:51:20 2008] : Dan: "I will finish my watch"
[Tue May 20 20:53:30 2008] : DM: The storm blows itself out and by morning the sky is clear and the sun is rapidly drying up the puddles.
[Tue May 20 20:53:55 2008] : Aliatra: "Adrin: you first"
[Tue May 20 20:54:30 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra user her spells to help Adrin regain his strength
[Tue May 20 20:54:32 2008] : Adrin: Adrin hauls himself to his feet melodramatically
[Tue May 20 20:54:44 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 2: Lesser Restoration (lvl 2) Dispels magical ability penalty or repairs 1d4 ability damage.
[Tue May 20 20:54:54 2008] : Aliatra: [1d4] => [2] = (2)
[Tue May 20 20:54:57 2008] : Aliatra: [1d4] => [4] = (4)
[Tue May 20 20:55:12 2008] : Aliatra: "How does this feel?"
[Tue May 20 20:55:18 2008] : Adrin: "Ah, I feel great"
[Tue May 20 20:55:32 2008] : Aliatra: ooc All done now?
[Tue May 20 20:55:42 2008] : Adrin: "Not completely right, but close"
[Tue May 20 20:55:53 2008] : Aliatra: ooc You'll regain another 1 each 24 hours
[Tue May 20 20:56:02 2008] : Aliatra: "Good, then now for me"
[Tue May 20 20:56:05 2008] : Aliatra: [1d4] => [4] = (4)
[Tue May 20 20:56:06 2008] : Aliatra: [1d4] => [3] = (3)
[Tue May 20 20:56:11 2008] : Adrin: "Will it get better on its own then?"
[Tue May 20 20:56:44 2008] : Aliatra: "A little bit each day and I can help you again tomorrow if need be"
[Tue May 20 20:56:56 2008] : Adrin: "Thank you Ali"
[Tue May 20 20:58:22 2008] : Dan: ooc need PCGen... need a JRE!
[Tue May 20 20:58:26 2008] : Oona: Oona wakes up and continues snooping round the church.
[Tue May 20 20:58:37 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+16] => [15,16] = (31)
[Tue May 20 20:59:00 2008] : Oona: After a while, Oona comes back to her companions and hands Dan a ring.
[Tue May 20 20:59:08 2008] : Oona: "Can you make any sense of this? Is it even magical?"
[Tue May 20 20:59:47 2008] : Dan: "Let's see"
[Tue May 20 20:59:57 2008] : Oona: Ring of silvery metal, looking like pewter. The ring has some sort of pattern incised in it -- the markings are ingrained with a dark material.
[Tue May 20 21:00:00 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Detect Magic (level 0): Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
[Tue May 20 21:00:07 2008] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+20] => [1,20] = (21)
[Tue May 20 21:00:09 2008] : Oona: they look like dirt or grime.
[Tue May 20 21:00:16 2008] : DM: A dark reddish material. It's not magical.
[Tue May 20 21:00:24 2008] : Dan: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [18,6] = (24)
[Tue May 20 21:00:39 2008] : Dan: "It's not magical"
[Tue May 20 21:00:41 2008] : DM: Worthless. Maybe a couple of silvers.
[Tue May 20 21:00:59 2008] : Dan: "I'm not sure it's worth much either"
[Tue May 20 21:01:10 2008] : Dan: "Still at least you found something"
[Tue May 20 21:01:18 2008] : Oona: "OK, I thought so too, but I needed to be sure"
[Tue May 20 21:01:30 2008] : Dan: "I'm currently waiting for some arcane inspiration..."
[Tue May 20 21:01:38 2008] : Dan: "I felt it hit me last night"
[Tue May 20 21:01:47 2008] : Oona: Oona pockets the ring, after having studied the patterns long enough to be able to recognize them if she comes across them again"
[Tue May 20 21:01:54 2008] : Oona: Oona pockets the ring, after having studied the patterns long enough to be able to recognize them if she comes across them again
[Tue May 20 21:02:50 2008] : Dan: Dan studies the temple thoroughly, and makes some sketches in case visiting it again becomes desirable
[Tue May 20 21:03:47 2008] : DM: Okay. What next?
[Tue May 20 21:04:38 2008] : Adrin: "I think we should get moving in this good weather"
[Tue May 20 21:04:58 2008] : Oona: "Indeed, we should"
[Tue May 20 21:05:31 2008] : Dan: "Yes, let's show Yolande how much we like him and his thugs"
[Tue May 20 21:06:44 2008] : DM: You contine northwards along the road, decending down from the hill top.
[Tue May 20 21:07:06 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra gets packing and mounted
[Tue May 20 21:08:39 2008] : DM: After 3 days of travel you leave the hills and enter a rich area of firmland, cereals already starting to turn golden gently sway in the breeze. Fields of sweet-smelling beans in flower and rows of young cabbages and other vegetables.
[Tue May 20 21:09:47 2008] : Adrin: "Plenty of free food around here if we need it"
[Tue May 20 21:09:57 2008] : DM: You can see the smokey haze from the city in the distance.
[Tue May 20 21:10:19 2008] : Dan: "I'd rather buy anything we need"
[Tue May 20 21:10:39 2008] : Dan: "I don't like to think of farmers working hard so that we can take their crops"
[Tue May 20 21:11:36 2008] : DM: Around 4 pm you reach a properous looking wayside inn and stables. A collection of good sized tatched and half-timbered building around a cobbled courtyard.
[Tue May 20 21:11:39 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, back there again"
[Tue May 20 21:11:59 2008] : Oona: "We should devise a plan to get into town and not get killed right away"
[Tue May 20 21:12:08 2008] : Aliatra: "A bed, a bed!"
[Tue May 20 21:12:28 2008] : Adrin: "We need a disguise of some sort"
[Tue May 20 21:13:03 2008] : DM: As you approach a man seated on a bench beckons you.
[Tue May 20 21:13:58 2008] : Oona: Oona, as always, keeps in the back, showing herself as little as possible, hiding in the folds of her garments
[Tue May 20 21:14:48 2008] : Adrin: Adrin strides up to the man
[Tue May 20 21:15:15 2008] : Adrin: "Something you wanted?"
[Tue May 20 21:15:20 2008] : Man: He holds out an unmarked envelope.
[Tue May 20 21:15:26 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra joins Adrin
[Tue May 20 21:15:37 2008] : Aliatra: "Yes?"
[Tue May 20 21:16:11 2008] : Dan: Dan raises an eyebrow...
[Tue May 20 21:16:30 2008] : Adrin: Adrin takes and opens the envelope
[Tue May 20 21:16:32 2008] : Dan: "A message from a certain lady?"
[Tue May 20 21:17:32 2008] : DM: Inside is a plain piece of paper with a single line of text. "Treachery awaits in the city. Wait here." The message is simply signed with an "F".
[Tue May 20 21:18:08 2008] : Adrin: "What do you make of this Dan?"
[Tue May 20 21:18:25 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra stands besides Dan as she keeps an eye on the messenger
[Tue May 20 21:18:33 2008] : Man: "I must report your arrival.", he gets up and begins to head into the inn.
[Tue May 20 21:19:04 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra follows, looking relaxed and confident
[Tue May 20 21:19:10 2008] : Dan: "As I suspected. Potentially a letter from Franseza"
[Tue May 20 21:19:46 2008] : Man: The man heads for the stables and moments later he reappears leading a horse all saddled up and ready to go.
[Tue May 20 21:21:15 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra shrugs and rejoins her friends
[Tue May 20 21:21:28 2008] : Aliatra: "Will we wait here?"
[Tue May 20 21:21:45 2008] : Dan: "Well, if it's a trap, it is."
[Tue May 20 21:21:58 2008] : Dan: "We could hide out and watch to see who comes"
[Tue May 20 21:22:23 2008] : Dan: "She never said that she would come though, so if it's not her, we still don't know if it's a trap"
[Tue May 20 21:22:30 2008] : Oona: "Or at least one of us"
[Tue May 20 21:22:42 2008] : Oona: "I don't mind hiding out just to make sure that all of us don't fall into a trap"
[Tue May 20 21:22:51 2008] : Dan: "Having said that, if it's not a contingent of guard with heavy irons, we're probably OK!"
[Tue May 20 21:23:01 2008] : Adrin: "Theres only one way to find out"
[Tue May 20 21:23:03 2008] : Oona: "Hiding at this point might make us more noticed than we wished"
[Tue May 20 21:23:31 2008] : Dan: "If it is a trap, we can just teleport away again"
[Tue May 20 21:24:10 2008] : Adrin: "Somewhere closer this time"
[Tue May 20 21:24:39 2008] : Aliatra: "Close by would be nice. How about we look around for a spot near here now?"
[Tue May 20 21:25:27 2008] : Oona (enter): 21:25
[Tue May 20 21:25:37 2008] : Oona: Booting '(3) Oona' from server...
[Tue May 20 21:25:38 2008] : Oona (exit): 21:25
[Tue May 20 21:25:54 2008] : DM: This inn is called the Cabbage and Plough and is a days ride from Southtown.
[Tue May 20 21:25:55 2008] : Oona: ooc ok, I disconnected, go figure
[Tue May 20 21:26:32 2008] : Adrin: ooc cabbage and plough. I like that :)
[Tue May 20 21:26:42 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Good to see you here again
[Tue May 20 21:26:52 2008] : Dan: "Close by for a hiding place or for teleportation?"
[Tue May 20 21:27:25 2008] : Oona: ooc anything said after I said that hiding at this point...
[Tue May 20 21:27:30 2008] : Aliatra: "Either one, but I meant teleport"
[Tue May 20 21:27:32 2008] : Dan: "Close by is done with a more simple dimension door, as in how we extricated you yesterday Ali"
[Tue May 20 21:28:04 2008] : Dan: "If we're running again, don't run off. It makes it very difficult to assess the situation"
[Tue May 20 21:28:06 2008] : Adrin: ooc that was days ago
[Tue May 20 21:28:26 2008] : Dan: "You were lucky that I was able to get us to you"
[Tue May 20 21:28:33 2008] : Dan: ooc whenever :P
[Tue May 20 21:28:52 2008] : Aliatra: "I thought we agreed to split up"
[Tue May 20 21:29:32 2008] : Dan: "No"
[Tue May 20 21:29:50 2008] : Dan: "I said we should head down a side alley"
[Tue May 20 21:30:49 2008] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue May 20 21:31:21 2008] : Aliatra: "Which is what I did, but never mind that now, it was just a misunderstanding"
[Tue May 20 21:32:49 2008] : Oona: "Is this conversation getting us anywhere?"
[Tue May 20 21:33:01 2008] : Oona: "Because we have a potential trap at hand"
[Tue May 20 21:33:10 2008] : Dan: "Well, if planning achieves anything, then yes"
[Tue May 20 21:33:12 2008] : Aliatra: "This conversation is over, Oona"
[Tue May 20 21:33:17 2008] : Adrin: ooc back
[Tue May 20 21:33:20 2008] : Oona: "Good."
[Tue May 20 21:33:22 2008] : Aliatra: "What trap and where?"
[Tue May 20 21:33:26 2008] : Oona: "Point taken, we stay together"
[Tue May 20 21:33:51 2008] : Oona: "Well, we're not sure who that guy went and got, so we might want to lay low waiting for him to return"
[Tue May 20 21:33:53 2008] : Dan: "Analysis of issues encountered is always valuable. But let's get to the job at hand"
[Tue May 20 21:34:00 2008] : Oona: "and see what he has in store for us"
[Tue May 20 21:34:12 2008] : DM: ooc brb
[Tue May 20 21:34:29 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra ignores Dan's comments
[Tue May 20 21:34:33 2008] : Dan: "Speaking of which, remeind me next time that undead are immune to a whole host of magic"
[Tue May 20 21:34:47 2008] : Dan: "Undead are not my strong point"
[Tue May 20 21:34:55 2008] : Aliatra: "Ah, I thought you were telling us you found a possible trap"
[Tue May 20 21:35:00 2008] : Dan: Dan smiles
[Tue May 20 21:35:07 2008] : Adrin: "Luckily they weren't immune to my sword"
[Tue May 20 21:35:38 2008] : Dan: "I mistook them for planar beings, rather than undead"
[Tue May 20 21:35:40 2008] : Aliatra: "But you are right, Oona, we don't know we can trust either F or her messengers"
[Tue May 20 21:36:56 2008] : Adrin: "If thats who that man was Ali. He could easily have been bait for a trap"
[Tue May 20 21:37:12 2008] : Oona: "OK, I propose we just wait for him outside on the road somewhere"
[Tue May 20 21:37:17 2008] : Oona: "And see who he comes back with"
[Tue May 20 21:37:25 2008] : Oona: "and that we do that now, not in two hours"
[Tue May 20 21:38:01 2008] : DM: ooc it's a days ride into the city.
[Tue May 20 21:38:42 2008] : Adrin: "I dont think he's going to be back any time soon."
[Tue May 20 21:38:46 2008] : Aliatra: "Like I said, we don't know if we can trust him"
[Tue May 20 21:39:23 2008] : Oona: ooc ah sorry. Then spend the night and wait for him the next day
[Tue May 20 21:39:43 2008] : Aliatra: "How about we check in and have something to eat and drink right here? That we can keep a look-out without being suspicious and be able to relax as well"
[Tue May 20 21:39:48 2008] : Adrin: "Trust him or not, we may as well wait for him. In the meantime we can work on other ways of getting in undetected"
[Tue May 20 21:41:15 2008] : Dan: "I am able to use magic to disguise myself for a short period"
[Tue May 20 21:41:16 2008] : Aliatra: "Like what? There is no dressing us uo, really, especially not with the weapoins we carry"
[Tue May 20 21:41:43 2008] : Dan: "otherwise I could try some other magic that I have never used before for all of us"
[Tue May 20 21:41:59 2008] : Adrin: "I dont know. Thats what we can spend a day thinking about"
[Tue May 20 21:42:20 2008] : Oona: ooc brb, need to get the laundry.
[Tue May 20 21:42:24 2008] : Aliatra: "Rea;;y? You want to experiment on us?" Aliatra grins at Dan
[Tue May 20 21:42:29 2008] : Adrin: "Dan, I still remember the last time you tried a spell for the first time"
[Tue May 20 21:43:17 2008] : Dan: "Well it's up to you"
[Tue May 20 21:43:23 2008] : Aliatra: "There is a first time for everything, Adrin. I mean: has your arrow, in missing the goal, never hit something or someone it shouldn't?"
[Tue May 20 21:43:49 2008] : Aliatra: "Dan needs to practice his magic as we need to practice our weapons"
[Tue May 20 21:44:11 2008] : Adrin: "Yeah, but I can practice without turning us all into chickens!"
[Tue May 20 21:44:32 2008] : Dan: It's only an illusion"
[Tue May 20 21:44:53 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra laughs out loud
[Tue May 20 21:45:19 2008] : Dan: "The main issue is if others believe it"
[Tue May 20 21:45:21 2008] : Aliatra: "You could turn just about anyone chicken when you get angry, Adrin"
[Tue May 20 21:45:42 2008] : Dan: "Otherwise you 3 could hide and I'll use my spell when I see someone approaching!
[Tue May 20 21:46:37 2008] : Adrin: "Ah, I'm only kidding Dan."
[Tue May 20 21:47:01 2008] : Adrin: "If you think it'll work then give it a go
[Tue May 20 21:47:03 2008] : Adrin: "
[Tue May 20 21:49:02 2008] : Dan: "An illusion involving all of us is more easily believed as it's a more powerful spell"
[Tue May 20 21:49:30 2008] : Oona: ooc back, sorry.
[Tue May 20 21:49:40 2008] : Aliatra: "So what would you make us resemble?"
[Tue May 20 21:49:48 2008] : Adrin: "You're the expert Dan."
[Tue May 20 21:50:03 2008] : Oona: "I like the idea"
[Tue May 20 21:50:04 2008] : Dan: Dan has a look in a book he's carrying
[Tue May 20 21:50:15 2008] : Dan: "Ah, I can only make an image of one creature"
[Tue May 20 21:50:22 2008] : Dan: "Back to my other plan?"
[Tue May 20 21:50:37 2008] : Dan: "I disguise myself while you three hide?"
[Tue May 20 21:50:51 2008] : Dan: "I can see who approaches and maybe talk to them?"
[Tue May 20 21:50:55 2008] : Aliatra: "What was that again? And can we talk it over over a meal and a drink?"
[Tue May 20 21:51:23 2008] : Oona: "Well, I can try and hide, I'm good at that, even if not good at disguising myself"
[Tue May 20 21:51:38 2008] : Oona: "There were people in my guild who were masters at disguising, I never cared too much"
[Tue May 20 21:51:58 2008] : Adrin: "I can put on a hat"
[Tue May 20 21:53:10 2008] : Aliatra: "And I can don a cloak"
[Tue May 20 21:54:01 2008] : Aliatra: ooc brb
[Tue May 20 21:54:31 2008] : Dan: "Let's rest for the night"
[Tue May 20 21:55:27 2008] : Oona: "Yes, finally!"
[Tue May 20 21:55:29 2008] : Adrin: "Aye, I could do with a good bed after those days on the road"
[Tue May 20 21:55:39 2008] : Oona: Oona heads to her room
[Tue May 20 21:55:59 2008] : Dan: Dan heads to the inn and stables his horse
[Tue May 20 21:56:23 2008] : DM: The next morning...
[Tue May 20 21:56:33 2008] : DM: ...what now?
[Tue May 20 21:57:04 2008] : Oona: ooc one day in, one day out for the guy to come back?
[Tue May 20 21:57:29 2008] : Aliatra: ooc back
[Tue May 20 21:57:53 2008] : DM: ooc if he's going to Southtown, yes.
[Tue May 20 21:58:09 2008] : Dan: ooc watch for someone returning
[Tue May 20 21:58:28 2008] : Oona: 'I suggest we study the surroundings to find a good place to wait for the man on his way back"
[Tue May 20 21:59:02 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Spending most of our time outside, watching the road while we appear to just relax
[Tue May 20 22:01:33 2008] : DM: Er, which is it? Hiding or just waiting outside the inn, or what? Can we get some agreement.
[Tue May 20 22:01:53 2008] : Aliatra: "Where would you want to go to if we have to magic out of here, Dan?"
[Tue May 20 22:02:19 2008] : Dan: "Well, I can take us back to the temple"
[Tue May 20 22:02:32 2008] : Dan: "Or back to Marseine"
[Tue May 20 22:02:48 2008] : Adrin: ooc couple of us in the open with others close-by but hidden?
[Tue May 20 22:02:57 2008] : Aliatra: "And then it would take us ages to get back here again"
[Tue May 20 22:02:59 2008] : Dan: "I could even attempt somewhere less familiar such as back in the myconid room"
[Tue May 20 22:03:33 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Or a couple of us looking around here while the others wait and watch the road
[Tue May 20 22:06:43 2008] : Oona: ooc guys, can we please just DECIDE. This is driving me nuts :)
[Tue May 20 22:07:20 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's have a look around here to see if we can find a place to retreat to"
[Tue May 20 22:07:24 2008] : Adrin: ooc any preferences?
[Tue May 20 22:07:26 2008] : Dan: ooc so decide already, you're the sneaky one!
[Tue May 20 22:07:34 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue May 20 22:07:56 2008] : Oona: ooc I said what I wnated to do. Let's scout a bit, sleep on it and wait for the guy to come, and be done with it.
[Tue May 20 22:08:49 2008] : DM: Okay, You scout a bit and find cabbages and bean plants and a small stand of poplar trees just up the road.
[Tue May 20 22:08:58 2008] : Dan: Dan follows Oona
[Tue May 20 22:09:01 2008] : DM: You sleep.
[Tue May 20 22:10:01 2008] : DM: The following day. at around 4 pm... where are you all? The common room of the inn? Outside drinking? Lurking in the woods?
[Tue May 20 22:10:13 2008] : DM: Or somewhere else?
[Tue May 20 22:10:24 2008] : Adrin: ooc Outside, watching the roads?
[Tue May 20 22:10:45 2008] : Dan: ooc in a good place to hide, watching
[Tue May 20 22:11:08 2008] : Oona: Lurking alongside the road, not too far from the inn. In a place the guy HAS to come through
[Tue May 20 22:11:13 2008] : DM: You lurkin the the stand of poplar trees hiding by the road and keeping an eye out.
[Tue May 20 22:11:16 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Trying to hide with the rest
[Tue May 20 22:11:20 2008] : DM: Hide checks.
[Tue May 20 22:11:29 2008] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+16] => [7,16] = (23)
[Tue May 20 22:11:29 2008] : Aliatra: Hide Skill Check: [1d20-2] => [8,-2] = (6)
[Tue May 20 22:11:51 2008] : Adrin: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [9,3] = (12)
[Tue May 20 22:12:18 2008] : Dan: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [4,5] = (9)
[Tue May 20 22:12:34 2008] : DM: [1d20+20] => [16,20] = (36)
[Tue May 20 22:12:45 2008] : Oona: ooc roflmao
[Tue May 20 22:12:55 2008] : Dan: "So when the rider is spotted..."
[Tue May 20 22:13:12 2008] : DM: You spend the day watching the roads seeing farmers walking past or carts loaded with baskets of vegetables.
[Tue May 20 22:13:25 2008] : Dan: "I'll leave the trees after disguising myself"
[Tue May 20 22:13:34 2008] : Dan: "And wait for them?"
[Tue May 20 22:13:55 2008] : DM: At around 4 pm a lone rider wearing a broad brimed hat approaches.
[Tue May 20 22:14:02 2008] : Adrin: "Ok"
[Tue May 20 22:14:50 2008] : Aliatra: "Sure, just be careful"
[Tue May 20 22:15:06 2008] : Dan: Dan casts Disguise self (DC 17 Glamour)
[Tue May 20 22:15:31 2008] : DM: The rider nears you and pulls up along side and the familar voice of Franseza says: "If you've had enough of lurking in the bushes shall we go to the Cabbage and Plough?"
[Tue May 20 22:15:36 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra makes sure she has her bow ready
[Tue May 20 22:15:47 2008] : Dan: "Oh"
[Tue May 20 22:15:57 2008] : Adrin: Adrin laughs
[Tue May 20 22:16:01 2008] : Aliatra: "A beer would be great"
[Tue May 20 22:16:09 2008] : Dan: ooc what a waste of a spell
[Tue May 20 22:16:22 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra dusts herself down as she nears Franseza
[Tue May 20 22:16:28 2008] : Dan: Dan look slike an old human
[Tue May 20 22:16:32 2008] : Dan: Disguise Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [5,0] = (5)
[Tue May 20 22:16:34 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Poor Dan! :-P
[Tue May 20 22:16:39 2008] : Dan: ooc 15
[Tue May 20 22:16:56 2008] : Franseza: 15 minutes later you're seated in the inn's common room with a couple of good ales.
[Tue May 20 22:17:16 2008] : Adrin: "Ahh, this is much better"
[Tue May 20 22:17:59 2008] : Aliatra: "Sure is"
[Tue May 20 22:18:10 2008] : Franseza: "You must already be aware of the warrant for your arrest seeing as you managed to evade my agents earlier."
[Tue May 20 22:18:15 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra is enjoying herself tremendously
[Tue May 20 22:18:29 2008] : Dan: "Your agents?"
[Tue May 20 22:18:38 2008] : Aliatra: "We did? Boy, we ARE good"
[Tue May 20 22:18:44 2008] : Franseza: "Once I recieved word I instructed agents to watch the roads and river for you."
[Tue May 20 22:19:45 2008] : Franseza: "But no matter. We have been after Yolande for sometime, his influential coin reaches deep into many areas and he's proving difficult to root out."
[Tue May 20 22:19:55 2008] : Franseza: "What we need is hard evidence."
[Tue May 20 22:20:18 2008] : Franseza: "You've proved resourceful in the past so I think you are the crew to get it,"
[Tue May 20 22:20:53 2008] : Franseza: She starts sketching a map as she continues to talk.
[Tue May 20 22:21:20 2008] : Aliatra: "We did hear from one of his accomplices that he's guilty as charged, but the creature died"
[Tue May 20 22:21:22 2008] : Dan: "You're the third *being* to ask us to take out Yolande"
[Tue May 20 22:21:27 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra shrugs
[Tue May 20 22:21:45 2008] : Dan: "Dragons, Erinyes, and now you."
[Tue May 20 22:22:00 2008] : Franseza: "This is a rough plan of Yolandes's mansion on the edge of the city. Note the high walls and we have reports that the grounds are patrolled by beasts...."#
[Tue May 20 22:22:09 2008] : Adrin: "Yolande has made quite a few enemies"
[Tue May 20 22:22:18 2008] : Dan: Dan looks nonchalante, as if that sort of thing always happens
[Tue May 20 22:22:23 2008] : Oona: "that's the least oen can say"
[Tue May 20 22:22:27 2008] : Oona: *one
[Tue May 20 22:22:30 2008] : Franseza: Franseza looks a bit startled at the mention of dragons and eyrines.
[Tue May 20 22:22:30 2008] : Oona: "a few..."
[Tue May 20 22:22:55 2008] : Dan: "There are dire wolves in there"
[Tue May 20 22:23:01 2008] : Franseza: "Uh... well. We don't want you to kill Yolande. We need evidence to convict him in a court of law."
[Tue May 20 22:23:20 2008] : Adrin: "Can we not just kill him?"
[Tue May 20 22:23:22 2008] : Aliatra: "That beast was not a dog then? What are dire wolves, exactly?"
[Tue May 20 22:23:23 2008] : Dan: "Ah, OK. Slightly different request to the other two"
[Tue May 20 22:23:49 2008] : Franseza: "Kill him and his criminal empire just passes onto someone else."
[Tue May 20 22:23:58 2008] : Aliatra: "She still wants us to take him out, even if she doesn't want us to kill him"
[Tue May 20 22:24:42 2008] : Franseza: "We understand from various, admittedly unreliable, sources that Yolande keeps extensive records in his office within his mansion."
[Tue May 20 22:25:08 2008] : Franseza: "They probably won't just be lying about, mind. Except locks and even traps."
[Tue May 20 22:26:06 2008] : Aliatra: "Ooh, if only we knew someone who could help us there"
[Tue May 20 22:26:15 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra winks at Oona
[Tue May 20 22:26:21 2008] : Franseza: "The evidence must be solid. If it's not then we will not be able to protect you within the city or the kingdom and you will have to flee."
[Tue May 20 22:26:24 2008] : Oona: "Sure"
[Tue May 20 22:26:41 2008] : Dan: "Not again"
[Tue May 20 22:26:44 2008] : Franseza: "What say you? Are you in?"
[Tue May 20 22:26:57 2008] : Oona: Oona is studying the plan Franzesa draws and asks a few questions
[Tue May 20 22:27:03 2008] : Dan: "I dislike fleeing, and I'm sick of being framed in your corrupt kingdom"
[Tue May 20 22:27:07 2008] : Oona: "I am definitely in"
[Tue May 20 22:27:28 2008] : Franseza: The sketch map that Franseza has drawn is similar to the illusion the eyrines showed you five days ago.
[Tue May 20 22:27:36 2008] : Oona: "Too many people, or "beings" as Dan put it, who dislike this Yolande. And he's not been very fair to us either"
[Tue May 20 22:27:54 2008] : Dan: "If we can get close to the building, I can probably dimension door us inside the grounds"
[Tue May 20 22:27:57 2008] : Adrin: "I dont really care for getting him convicted, but I guess I'll go along"
[Tue May 20 22:29:42 2008] : Aliatra: "Will he get the death penalty?"
[Tue May 20 22:30:09 2008] : Franseza: "If he is convicted he shall be hanged."
[Tue May 20 22:30:19 2008] : Franseza: "Good. Tonight myself and my agents will assist in crossing the river under cover of darkness and to Yolande's mansion. From there you will be on your own as my agents are not trained to handle wild beasts."
[Tue May 20 22:30:22 2008] : Aliatra: "Good. I'm in"
[Tue May 20 22:31:00 2008] : Oona: "Sounds good"
[Tue May 20 22:31:21 2008] : Adrin: "Ok"
[Tue May 20 22:32:46 2008] : Franseza: "Any further questions?"
[Tue May 20 22:32:48 2008] : Dan: "Sure thing"
[Tue May 20 22:33:30 2008] : Aliatra: "You will find us when we're finished?"
[Tue May 20 22:33:49 2008] : Adrin: "Can we rough him up a bit?"
[Tue May 20 22:33:57 2008] : Franseza: "We will be waiting outside."
[Tue May 20 22:34:52 2008] : Franseza: "You should leave him unmarked. Violence against him may be used by his expensive and slippery lawyer to weasel his way out."
[Tue May 20 22:35:22 2008] : Oona: "Well, let's put it that way"
[Tue May 20 22:35:35 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, we'd better look at a way to incapacitate him then"
[Tue May 20 22:35:38 2008] : Oona: "If he is marked, his weasel lawyer won't have anyone to defend anymore"
[Tue May 20 22:35:49 2008] : Oona: "We'll play self defence"
[Tue May 20 22:36:08 2008] : Adrin: "It may even be true"
[Tue May 20 22:36:29 2008] : Franseza: "Remember, we want him alive to stand trial and be hanged in public."
[Tue May 20 22:36:44 2008] : Dan: "Incapacitation is not one of my skills"
[Tue May 20 22:37:09 2008] : Dan: "And is not part of my spell repertoire"
[Tue May 20 22:38:36 2008] : Aliatra: "I happen to have prayed for hold spells earlier, I thought they might come in handy"
[Tue May 20 22:39:03 2008] : Adrin: "That'll be handy"
[Tue May 20 22:39:18 2008] : Aliatra: "And a couple of bruises won't be too bad, provided he heals before trial starts"
[Tue May 20 22:39:30 2008] : Franseza: "Very well."
[Tue May 20 22:39:42 2008] : Adrin: "I'm sure you can patch him up Ali"
[Tue May 20 22:40:00 2008] : Dan: "Yes, I never thought of that"
[Tue May 20 22:40:12 2008] : Dan: Dan smiles
[Tue May 20 22:40:28 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra smiles back
[Tue May 20 22:40:37 2008] : Adrin: Adrin smiles evilly
[Tue May 20 22:40:39 2008] : Aliatra: "Just make sure we don't kill him"
[Tue May 20 22:41:19 2008] : Dan: Before he leaves, Dan studies the inn and finds a discrete place to memorise and sketch
[Tue May 20 22:42:17 2008] : Franseza: Franseza pushes across another sketch map. "Meet here at sundown tomorrow." and then she gets up and leaves.
[Tue May 20 22:42:22 2008] : Oona: "Oona spends her evening studying Franzesa's plan and memorizing doors and corners"
[Tue May 20 22:42:54 2008] : Adrin: Adrin studies the maps
[Tue May 20 22:42:55 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra joins Oona before retiring
[Tue May 20 22:43:18 2008] : DM: The rendezvous spot is close to the river and a day's ride away on look to be little used farm tracks.
[Tue May 20 22:43:36 2008] : Dan: "OK"
[Tue May 20 22:44:21 2008] : Adrin: "We'll need an early start to get there"
[Tue May 20 22:45:55 2008] : Aliatra: "Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and boring"
[Tue May 20 22:45:58 2008] : DM: Got any more planning or prepping to do?
[Tue May 20 22:46:15 2008] : Aliatra: Nope, I don't think so
[Tue May 20 22:47:11 2008] : Adrin: ooc nope
[Tue May 20 22:47:19 2008] : Adrin: ooc adrin? planning? pah!
[Tue May 20 22:47:39 2008] : Dan: ooc Dan just needs to pick his spell selection
[Tue May 20 22:48:19 2008] : Adrin: ooc Adrin just picks his nose
[Tue May 20 22:48:33 2008] : Aliatra: ooc You dirty boy!
[Tue May 20 22:48:54 2008] : DM: The sun sets as you wait at the agreed place by the river. You hear the faint sound of oars in the water and the bump of a boat on the river bank,
[Tue May 20 22:48:54 2008] : Adrin: ooc he usually doesn't eat it.
[Tue May 20 22:49:48 2008] : DM: Whispered voices direct you to the boat which is quickly turned about and rowed across the river under the cover of the darkness.
[Tue May 20 22:49:51 2008] : DM: GAME END