Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue May 13 19:16:48 2008] : DM: GAME START
[Tue May 13 19:16:50 2008] : DM: You set out along the north road, through fields of vines and olive groves
[Tue May 13 19:16:51 2008] : Adrin: still got enough wine though
[Tue May 13 19:18:00 2008] : Adrin: "So, I guess we just keep heading roughly North"
[Tue May 13 19:18:51 2008] : Dan: "I guess so"
[Tue May 13 19:19:09 2008] : Oona: "As long as we move"
[Tue May 13 19:20:04 2008] : Adrin: Adrin keeps a-ridin' on
[Tue May 13 19:23:11 2008] : Dan: Dan rides along too
[Tue May 13 19:23:16 2008] : DM: As you ride on the road winds through olive groves, passed small clusters of simple stone and tilled buildings and climbs up into the hills.
[Tue May 13 19:24:13 2008] : DM: The vineyards and the groves being less frequent, and the dense woodland native to this parts becomes more dominant.
[Tue May 13 19:24:39 2008] : Adrin: "Not many living out this far from town"
[Tue May 13 19:25:22 2008] : Dan: "So life here is much as it is further North, I guess"
[Tue May 13 19:25:27 2008] : DM: A couple of hours before sundown and the road climbs up a steep valley, the river a mere trickle and the air thick with flying insects and the chirp of cicadas.
[Tue May 13 19:25:58 2008] : DM: ooc if the world was densely populated there'd be no place for monsters.
[Tue May 13 19:25:59 2008] : Adrin: "It'll be getting dark soon. Keep an eye out for a campsite"
[Tue May 13 19:26:47 2008] : DM: Looking ahead you see at the top of the hill is a small stone building, with narrow windows and a small metal spire.
[Tue May 13 19:26:55 2008] : DM: It looks like a small way chapel.
[Tue May 13 19:26:55 2008] : Adrin: ooc You are now entering Randomencoutersville. Population: YOU
[Tue May 13 19:27:21 2008] : DM: ooc If you make the DM laugh so much he can't concentrate!
[Tue May 13 19:27:41 2008] : DM: You could reach it in an hour or so.
[Tue May 13 19:27:59 2008] : Oona: ooc roflmao
[Tue May 13 19:28:21 2008] : DM: Around the chapel the woods have been cleared leaving plenty of space for a camp.
[Tue May 13 19:28:36 2008] : Oona: ooc Bert, go on making the DM laugh. HE might get mixed up (for the better) in his encounter levels o.O
[Tue May 13 19:28:47 2008] : DM: Other than that there doesn't look like anywhere suitable to reset the night -- the road and the hills are too steep or wooded.
[Tue May 13 19:29:23 2008] : Dan: "Well, that chapel and the clearing around it look favourite"!
[Tue May 13 19:29:24 2008] : Oona: "I guess we don't have much choice for the night"
[Tue May 13 19:29:28 2008] : Adrin: ooc not worth it - he might go the wrong way on the table
[Tue May 13 19:29:39 2008] : Oona: "Oona assesses the surroundings"
[Tue May 13 19:30:25 2008] : Adrin: "Should keep us out of the wind anyway"
[Tue May 13 19:32:18 2008] : Dan: "I'm not suggesting that we sleep in the chapel"
[Tue May 13 19:32:20 2008] : Oona: "sounds good, let's set a base camp?"
[Tue May 13 19:32:24 2008] : DM: When you approach the chapel you notice a destinctive symbol carved on the door of the chapel.
[Tue May 13 19:32:26 2008] : Dan: "Sounds a little sacriligeous"
[Tue May 13 19:32:32 2008] : DM: Knowledge: religion
[Tue May 13 19:32:36 2008] : Adrin: "Its just a building"
[Tue May 13 19:32:43 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [8,8] = (16)
[Tue May 13 19:32:54 2008] : Adrin: "Aren't chapels supposed to be places of sanctuary"
[Tue May 13 19:33:00 2008] : Adrin: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+4] => [3,4] = (7)
[Tue May 13 19:33:10 2008] : Dan: "No, it's consecrated ground Adrin, that means something"
[Tue May 13 19:36:04 2008] : Oona: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue May 13 19:36:12 2008] : Oona: "I know nothing of these holy places"
[Tue May 13 19:36:22 2008] : Oona: "I'm more versed in mundane buildings"
[Tue May 13 19:36:35 2008] : Oona: "ask me anything about townhalls or guild headquarters"
[Tue May 13 19:36:45 2008] : DM: The stone building is about 15 metres by 10 and a single story high. The shallow roof is tiled with rough tiles. There's a small metal spire about 2 m long, all twisted and bent.
[Tue May 13 19:37:22 2008] : Adrin: Adrin tries to open the door
[Tue May 13 19:37:53 2008] : DM: The sun is setting to a dramatic skyscape of deep reds and oranges and gathering storm clouds.
[Tue May 13 19:37:55 2008] : Dan: "The symbol is not something you see often. It's not for one of the common religions or gods. It may be from a secret society or cult"
[Tue May 13 19:38:12 2008] : DM: The door is just latched and opens with a creak.
[Tue May 13 19:38:31 2008] : DM: It looks like a thunderstorm is brewing.
[Tue May 13 19:38:38 2008] : Dan: "I'm not scertain that we should rush in there Adrin"
[Tue May 13 19:39:01 2008] : Dan: ooc however the DM appears to be shoving us in with the threat of bad weather ;)
[Tue May 13 19:39:19 2008] : Adrin: "You can stay out in the storm if you want"
[Tue May 13 19:39:34 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Mage Armour (level 1): Gives subject +4 armor bonus for 1 hour/level
[Tue May 13 19:39:40 2008] : DM: ooc I'm just being overly dramatic and talky today.
[Tue May 13 19:39:45 2008] : Oona: ooc lol
[Tue May 13 19:40:16 2008] : Dan: "I'll follow you, but I'm just warning you that the symbol is a little odd"
[Tue May 13 19:40:28 2008] : DM: Inside is a stout wooden table, dark from age. A simple metal platter of pewter sits up it.
[Tue May 13 19:40:34 2008] : Dan: "Are we taking the horses inside?"
[Tue May 13 19:40:36 2008] : Oona: "Odd? How odd?"
[Tue May 13 19:40:42 2008] : DM: Wooden benches of similar age line the two side walls.
[Tue May 13 19:40:46 2008] : Oona: ooc I thought we didn't have horses?
[Tue May 13 19:41:08 2008] : Dan: "Well, it's not a common one for a start, although I don't claim to be an expert on the ways of religion"
[Tue May 13 19:41:16 2008] : DM: ooc no, you still had your horses.
[Tue May 13 19:41:20 2008] : Dan: ooc we do
[Tue May 13 19:41:27 2008] : Adrin: ooc were we gonna walk the whole way?
[Tue May 13 19:42:19 2008] : Adrin: "What does it matter. There's no one here anyway"
[Tue May 13 19:42:59 2008] : Oona: "Oona keeps her swords in her hands"
[Tue May 13 19:43:04 2008] : Oona: "Oona keeps her swords in her hands"
[Tue May 13 19:43:09 2008] : Oona: ooc daùn italic
[Tue May 13 19:43:44 2008] : Adrin: ooc is there room for the horses inside?
[Tue May 13 19:44:12 2008] : DM: The horses don't like they'd fit through the door -- it's just a regular sized door.
[Tue May 13 19:45:18 2008] : DM: ooc or would they? I dunno. There is space inside for them.
[Tue May 13 19:45:38 2008] : Dan: Dan casts Light on a covenient stone and holds it up (90 minutes duration)
[Tue May 13 19:45:51 2008] : Oona: ooc if it's a church, the door is big, they would fit.
[Tue May 13 19:45:56 2008] : Dan: ooc they fir through a normal door in a stable
[Tue May 13 19:45:59 2008] : Dan: ooc fit
[Tue May 13 19:46:17 2008] : DM: ooc I defer to the horse and chapel experts.
[Tue May 13 19:46:17 2008] : Adrin: ooc would they panic inside though?
[Tue May 13 19:46:45 2008] : Dan: ooc depands if it's got some holy spookery ;)
[Tue May 13 19:47:15 2008] : Adrin: ooc horses can sense stuff. Maybe we can try to lead them in and see
[Tue May 13 19:47:23 2008] : Dan: Dan leads his horse in and ties it somewhere convenient
[Tue May 13 19:47:42 2008] : Adrin: Adrin tries likewise
[Tue May 13 19:47:43 2008] : DM: ooc to one of the benches.
[Tue May 13 19:51:21 2008] : Oona: oco thaét's a mighty small place , the horses take up all the space :)
[Tue May 13 19:51:59 2008] : Adrin: ooc the combined heat will keep us warm
[Tue May 13 19:52:58 2008] : DM: ooc anyone standing watch and in what order?
[Tue May 13 19:53:25 2008] : Dan: "So, what do we do for the night?"
[Tue May 13 19:53:43 2008] : DM: A distant rumble of thunder is heard.
[Tue May 13 19:53:48 2008] : Oona: "How about sleep?"
[Tue May 13 19:53:48 2008] : Adrin: "Spot the religious symbol?"
[Tue May 13 19:54:07 2008] : Oona: "I mean, i would advise we take turns and set up a watch"
[Tue May 13 19:54:43 2008] : Dan: "OK, I will take first watch, if that's OK?"
[Tue May 13 19:54:50 2008] : Adrin: "Fine"
[Tue May 13 19:55:33 2008] : Oona: "While you watch, I'll snoop around"
[Tue May 13 19:55:43 2008] : Oona: "Before I go to sleep"
[Tue May 13 19:55:51 2008] : Oona: "you can then wake me up for the second watch"
[Tue May 13 19:56:16 2008] : Oona: Oona starts looking for anything that tells more about the place
[Tue May 13 19:56:40 2008] : Dan: Dan sits and watches
[Tue May 13 19:56:55 2008] : Adrin: Adrin gets his kit in order while Dans light lasts
[Tue May 13 19:57:09 2008] : DM: ooc search check Oona.
[Tue May 13 19:57:28 2008] : Oona: using my goggles
[Tue May 13 19:57:31 2008] : Oona: where required
[Tue May 13 19:57:34 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+16] => [17,16] = (33)
[Tue May 13 19:58:14 2008] : DM: Oona starts peering into corners and behind the furniture.
[Tue May 13 19:58:37 2008] : Adrin: Adrin watches her with little interest
[Tue May 13 20:02:49 2008] : DM: ooc settling down for the night?
[Tue May 13 20:03:26 2008] : Oona (enter): 20:03
[Tue May 13 20:03:40 2008] : Adrin: ooc yeah
[Tue May 13 20:03:44 2008] : Oona: Booting '(7) Oona' from server...
[Tue May 13 20:03:45 2008] : Oona (exit): 20:03
[Tue May 13 20:03:46 2008] : Dan: ooc yes
[Tue May 13 20:04:32 2008] : Oona: oc last thing I read was myself saying that I was looking for a hidden chest or so.
[Tue May 13 20:06:47 2008] : DM: The thunderstorm starts in ernest, loud rumbling thunder, rain starts drumming heavily on the tiled room.
[Tue May 13 20:08:08 2008] : Adrin: "Getting quite nasty out there. Lucky we found this place"
[Tue May 13 20:08:44 2008] : Dan: "Yes, Glad to have some shelter"
[Tue May 13 20:08:50 2008] : DM: Halfway through Dan's watch at what you guess must be around midnight. There's a very loud clap of thunder from directly overhead. Those that were asleep a woken and the horses whiney and shift.
[Tue May 13 20:09:46 2008] : Adrin: "Whoa, that was loud"
[Tue May 13 20:10:02 2008] : Adrin: Adrin tries to calm the horses
[Tue May 13 20:10:05 2008] : DM: There's a another even louder clap of thunder. The door to the chapel crashes open, and silouetted by the flash of lightening is a figure with broad feathery wings.
[Tue May 13 20:10:06 2008] : Adrin: Handle Animal Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [7,5] = (12)
[Tue May 13 20:10:07 2008] : Oona: "what's that"
[Tue May 13 20:10:32 2008] : Oona: Oona jumps on her feet and grabs her swords
[Tue May 13 20:10:54 2008] : Adrin: "What the hell?"
[Tue May 13 20:11:49 2008] : DM: The person or creature steps into the chamber: a woman of stauesque build and flawless skin. She shakes her large feathery wings and her glowing red eyes seem to stare into your very souls.
[Tue May 13 20:12:51 2008] : Oona: Oona tries to disappear into the shadows, hiding behind a bench or a pillar
[Tue May 13 20:13:00 2008] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+16] => [1,16] = (17)
[Tue May 13 20:13:03 2008] : DM: A second creature of stand behind her.
[Tue May 13 20:13:28 2008] : DM: ooc nowhere to hide.
[Tue May 13 20:13:41 2008] : DM: Knowledge: religion checks.
[Tue May 13 20:13:47 2008] : Adrin: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+4] => [20,4] = (24)
[Tue May 13 20:13:57 2008] : Oona: ooc untrained
[Tue May 13 20:14:06 2008] : DM: ooc waiting for craig
[Tue May 13 20:14:13 2008] : Dan (enter): 20:14
[Tue May 13 20:16:35 2008] : DM: ooc knowledge: religion
[Tue May 13 20:16:59 2008] : Dan (enter): 20:16
[Tue May 13 20:19:30 2008] : Dan (enter): 20:19
[Tue May 13 20:19:33 2008] : Adrin: "They're from another plane"
[Tue May 13 20:19:47 2008] : Dan: ooc wow, lots of me in here!
[Tue May 13 20:19:58 2008] : Dan: Booting '(8) Dan' from server...
[Tue May 13 20:19:59 2008] : Dan (exit): 20:19
[Tue May 13 20:20:03 2008] : Dan: Booting '(11) Dan' from server...
[Tue May 13 20:20:04 2008] : Dan (exit): 20:20
[Tue May 13 20:20:09 2008] : Dan: Booting '(12) Dan' from server...
[Tue May 13 20:20:10 2008] : Dan (exit): 20:20
[Tue May 13 20:20:14 2008] : Adrin: "and watch out for their magical rope"
[Tue May 13 20:20:20 2008] : Dan: ooc what did I miss?
[Tue May 13 20:21:05 2008] : Adrin: ooc want to just say what you whispered to me David?
[Tue May 13 20:21:30 2008] : Dan: ooc was there a knowledge roll or something?
[Tue May 13 20:21:44 2008] : Adrin: ooc religion, I got 24
[Tue May 13 20:22:38 2008] : DM: The eyrines are more dressed that popular tales of the seductive devils would suggest, although their minimal attire leaves little to the imagination it does provide ample support where required that suggests they do more than look beautiful but know how to use the swords strapped to their hips and the bows on their backs.
[Tue May 13 20:22:47 2008] : DM: You recognizes them as eyrines, seductive devils from the outer planes. They're mildy immune to non-good weapons and enjoy tangling their victims with a magically enchanted rope.
[Tue May 13 20:23:11 2008] : Eyrine: "Hold mortals! We would parley a moment with you."
[Tue May 13 20:23:46 2008] : Adrin: "I've heard of your kin. Why would you wish to talk to us?"
[Tue May 13 20:24:18 2008] : Eyrine: ooc one moment
[Tue May 13 20:25:35 2008] : Oona (enter): 20:25
[Tue May 13 20:25:53 2008] : Oona: Booting '(10) Oona' from server...
[Tue May 13 20:25:54 2008] : Oona (exit): 20:25
[Tue May 13 20:26:01 2008] : Oona: ooc back
[Tue May 13 20:26:08 2008] : Eyrine: You recognizes them as eyrines, seductive devils from the outer planes. They're mildy immune to non-good weapons and enjoy tangling their victims with a magically enchanted rope.
[Tue May 13 20:26:11 2008] : Eyrine: You recognizes them as eyrines, seductive devils from the outer planes. They're mildy immune to non-good weapons and enjoy tangling their victims with a magically enchanted rope.
[Tue May 13 20:26:16 2008] : Eyrine: The eyrines are more dressed that popular tales of the seductive devils would suggest, although their minimal attire leaves little to the imagination it does provide ample support where required that suggests they do more than look beautiful but know how to use the swords strapped to their hips and the bows on their backs.
[Tue May 13 20:26:20 2008] : Eyrine: "Hold mortals! We would parley a moment with you."
[Tue May 13 20:26:32 2008] : Adrin: "I've heard of your kin. Why would you wish to talk to us?"
[Tue May 13 20:26:49 2008] : Oona: Oona listens with interest
[Tue May 13 20:27:14 2008] : Dan: Dan looks startled
[Tue May 13 20:27:19 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [11,8] = (19)
[Tue May 13 20:27:35 2008] : Eyrine: They walk into the chapel, "Someone from the plane of shadows has taken an interest in you and our master would know why."
[Tue May 13 20:28:36 2008] : Adrin: "We're not too sure why either"
[Tue May 13 20:29:10 2008] : Adrin: "We had dealings with a.... gateway a while back."
[Tue May 13 20:29:11 2008] : Dan: "Who is your master?"
[Tue May 13 20:29:24 2008] : Oona: ooc brb arne nneds my help
[Tue May 13 20:33:32 2008] : Oona: ooc back
[Tue May 13 20:33:45 2008] : Eyrine: "Asmerdyas is our master: Those that know the name tremble in fear! Those that know her beauty tremble in desire!"
[Tue May 13 20:34:19 2008] : Adrin: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+4] => [19,4] = (23)
[Tue May 13 20:34:28 2008] : Eyrine: "Know you nothing of this master in the shadows?"
[Tue May 13 20:35:16 2008] : Eyrine: ooc unless you read particularly lurid and dark, sadistic literature you don't recognize the name.
[Tue May 13 20:35:54 2008] : Dan: ooc do you then?
[Tue May 13 20:35:54 2008] : Adrin: "We've had one or two encounters, but we know nothing of him or his reasons"
[Tue May 13 20:36:23 2008] : Eyrine: "Hmmm." The eyrines look thoughtful.
[Tue May 13 20:37:09 2008] : Eyrine: They change their line of questioning.
[Tue May 13 20:37:23 2008] : Eyrine: "You know a man named Yolande."
[Tue May 13 20:37:50 2008] : Adrin: Adrin looks surprised
[Tue May 13 20:38:02 2008] : Eyrine: "He is causing you some problems, yes?"
[Tue May 13 20:38:07 2008] : Dan: "You are well informed"
[Tue May 13 20:38:08 2008] : Adrin: "How have you come across him?"
[Tue May 13 20:38:45 2008] : Eyrine: "We have not met."
[Tue May 13 20:39:09 2008] : Eyrine: "What we propose is a deal, a trade if you will."
[Tue May 13 20:39:48 2008] : Dan: Dan narrows his eyes
[Tue May 13 20:39:59 2008] : Adrin: "Why?"
[Tue May 13 20:39:59 2008] : Eyrine: "This man's life, in exhange for a triffling service for our master."
[Tue May 13 20:41:02 2008] : Adrin: "What would this service be, exactly?"
[Tue May 13 20:43:29 2008] : Eyrine: ooc Delphine disconnected and it seems her network connecttion is no longer working.
[Tue May 13 20:43:35 2008] : Adrin: ooc :(
[Tue May 13 20:44:57 2008] : Dan: ooc seemingly the internet is on the continent is as rubbish tonight as ORPG is all the time
[Tue May 13 20:45:00 2008] : Eyrine: ooc may as well end it here, then with only two players left.
[Tue May 13 20:45:12 2008] : Adrin: ooc and then there were 2
[Tue May 13 20:45:47 2008] : Adrin: ooc I guess that makes sense
[Tue May 13 20:46:12 2008] : Dan: ooc OK
[Tue May 13 20:46:38 2008] : Eyrine: Not sure this Asmerdyas plot is that good anyway. Needs more thought.
[Tue May 13 20:47:09 2008] : Adrin: I'm loving your descriptions etc
[Tue May 13 20:47:29 2008] : Adrin: all sounding quote immersive
[Tue May 13 20:47:31 2008] : Adrin: quite
[Tue May 13 20:48:00 2008] : Dan: Sam's at home tonight so I'll see you guys next week
[Tue May 13 20:48:12 2008] : DM: Seeya Craig
[Tue May 13 20:48:13 2008] : Dan: Ah, it's back!
[Tue May 13 20:48:17 2008] : Adrin: ok, cya
[Tue May 13 20:48:18 2008] : Dan: See ya
[Tue May 13 20:48:29 2008] : Dan: Disconnecting from server...
[Tue May 13 20:48:29 2008] : Dan (exit): 20:48
[Tue May 13 20:48:31 2008] : Adrin: everything seems alittle sluggish
[Tue May 13 20:49:47 2008] : Adrin: I guess I'll head on then too. Got new comp parts arriving this week and want to be ready :)
[Tue May 13 20:50:10 2008] : DM: Something shiney?
[Tue May 13 20:50:39 2008] : Adrin: core 2 duo 8200 and 9600GT :)
[Tue May 13 20:50:52 2008] : DM: Ooo. Nice.
[Tue May 13 20:50:53 2008] : Adrin: new MB etc
[Tue May 13 20:51:40 2008] : Adrin: was supposed to arrive today, but the gfx card was out of stock so it got delayed while I picked new one
[Tue May 13 20:52:05 2008] : DM: Where did you order from?
[Tue May 13 20:52:10 2008] : Adrin: ebuyer
[Tue May 13 20:53:22 2008] : DM: Not used 'em. Well I better go and check my clone is up-to-date. See you next week.
[Tue May 13 20:53:36 2008] : Adrin: heh, good luck with the war
[Tue May 13 20:53:46 2008] : Adrin: byeeeee
[Tue May 13 20:53:58 2008] : Adrin: Disconnecting from server...
[Tue May 13 20:53:59 2008] : Adrin (exit): 20:53
[Tue May 13 20:54:07 2008] : Disconnecting from server...
[Tue May 13 20:54:08 2008] : Game disconnected!
[Tue May 13 20:54:10 2008] : Disconnecting from server...
[Tue May 13 20:54:12 2008] : Game disconnected!