Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue May 6 19:39:48 2008] : DM: GAME START
[Tue May 6 19:40:43 2008] : DM: You're in an inn in the sea port town of Marseine. You've just talked briefly to Mr Yolande via a magic mirror.
[Tue May 6 19:41:40 2008] : Dan: "So, they appear to have reset the names used in their mirror network"
[Tue May 6 19:42:10 2008] : Adrin: "Any idea how to set these up to talk to each other?"
[Tue May 6 19:42:56 2008] : DM: ooc Dan knows how
[Tue May 6 19:43:02 2008] : Aliatra: "I guess you need to know the names of the other mirrors and then perhaps some magic word?"
[Tue May 6 19:43:23 2008] : Dan: "Yes, we assign a new name for each mirror"
[Tue May 6 19:43:37 2008] : Dan: "The you simply call the name of th emirror"
[Tue May 6 19:43:48 2008] : Dan: "From the other mirror"
[Tue May 6 19:46:31 2008] : Dan: ooc Halloo?
[Tue May 6 19:46:45 2008] : Adrin: "So what do you suggest we call them?
[Tue May 6 19:46:51 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Listening
[Tue May 6 19:47:13 2008] : Aliatra: "How do we assign new names?"
[Tue May 6 19:48:01 2008] : Dan: "Anything will do"
[Tue May 6 19:48:20 2008] : Dan: "We could call them 'one' and 'two'"
[Tue May 6 19:48:22 2008] : Aliatra: "Like?"
[Tue May 6 19:48:35 2008] : Dan: "Or be a little more cryptic"
[Tue May 6 19:49:08 2008] : Aliatra: "That's not what I meant. When we decide how to call them, how do we assign those new names: how will the mirrors know what their new name is?"
[Tue May 6 19:49:13 2008] : Adrin: "How about 9 and 12?"
[Tue May 6 19:49:55 2008] : DM: ooc can barbarians count that high ;)
[Tue May 6 19:50:31 2008] : Adrin: ooc Mental age and IQ
[Tue May 6 19:50:33 2008] : Aliatra: ooc He's a literate barbarian, he must have read about higher numbers
[Tue May 6 19:50:39 2008] : Dan: "I can't really explain the complexity of the magic Ali"
[Tue May 6 19:50:49 2008] : Dan: "Just trust me that it works"
[Tue May 6 19:50:51 2008] : DM: ooc ooo. Good answer.
[Tue May 6 19:50:53 2008] : Aliatra: "Just wondering, Dan"
[Tue May 6 19:51:03 2008] : Aliatra: ooc So you don't know, do you?
[Tue May 6 19:51:44 2008] : DM: ooc I don't think it necessary to describe the exact protocol or implementation.
[Tue May 6 19:51:49 2008] : Dan: ooc Of course *I* don't, but then I don't have Dan's understanding of the mechanics of imaginary world magic, or an Int of 22 :P
[Tue May 6 19:52:35 2008] : Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Tue May 6 19:52:42 2008] : Adrin: ooc you tap it twice with your sword and say 'Arise mirror (mirror name)'
[Tue May 6 19:53:00 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I like that! :-D
[Tue May 6 19:53:25 2008] : Dan: Dan calls one mirror 9 and the other 12
[Tue May 6 19:53:58 2008] : Dan: "There you go Adrin. Don't let it be said your suggestions are ignored"
[Tue May 6 19:54:15 2008] : DM: ooc what was the rational for 9 and 12?
[Tue May 6 19:54:18 2008] : DM: ooc what was the rationale for 9 and 12?
[Tue May 6 19:54:21 2008] : Adrin: "I'm touched"
[Tue May 6 19:54:46 2008] : Adrin: ooc well 9 is my favourite number, and twelve was the next number that came into my head
[Tue May 6 19:56:00 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue May 6 19:56:02 2008] : DM: What next?
[Tue May 6 19:57:06 2008] : Adrin: "Is there anything else to do in this town?"
[Tue May 6 19:57:52 2008] : Dan: "Not that I've seen Adrin"
[Tue May 6 19:58:32 2008] : Dan: "We can either go back to look for the dragon hoard, travel along the coast to another place, or take a boat somewhere"
[Tue May 6 19:58:53 2008] : Dan: "Personally I'd quite like to speak with the guy who's tried to kill us"
[Tue May 6 19:58:57 2008] : Adrin: "I still dont think we've a chance of finding that hoard"
[Tue May 6 19:59:05 2008] : Adrin: "Which one?"
[Tue May 6 19:59:12 2008] : Dan: "I agree, it seems to be a fool's errand"
[Tue May 6 19:59:15 2008] : Dan: "Yolande"
[Tue May 6 19:59:48 2008] : Adrin: "Seems a sensible next stop"
[Tue May 6 20:00:06 2008] : Dan: "There are some interesting words in the magical lexicon that I would like to say to him"
[Tue May 6 20:00:10 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's kick some ass's arse"
[Tue May 6 20:01:09 2008] : Dan: ooc just thinking of the whole "power word x" thing in OOTS - "One word!!!"
[Tue May 6 20:01:20 2008] : DM: You can either take a boat and sail out of the Middle Sea and up the coast before sailing down the river to Southtown or you can take the north road, through the forest up into the hills before decending into the river valley, across the river in a ferry into Southtown.
[Tue May 6 20:01:31 2008] : Adrin: "I somehow think he wont be hanging around wherever he is"
[Tue May 6 20:01:52 2008] : Dan: "I don't know, his kind are often quite arrogant!"
[Tue May 6 20:01:58 2008] : DM: Or you could teleport of course, or travel by some other method I haven't considered.
[Tue May 6 20:02:08 2008] : Dan: "Why should he fear us"
[Tue May 6 20:02:26 2008] : Dan: "I could also try to teleport us somewhere"
[Tue May 6 20:02:48 2008] : Adrin: "Do you think you'll do better this time?"
[Tue May 6 20:02:56 2008] : Aliatra: "How close to Yolande can you drop us?"
[Tue May 6 20:03:09 2008] : Dan: "If it's somewhere I know well, it should be more controlled"
[Tue May 6 20:03:26 2008] : Dan: "Can any of you suggest somewhere?"
[Tue May 6 20:03:52 2008] : Adrin: "How about you try the Inn again?"
[Tue May 6 20:04:36 2008] : Dan: "Do we want to head back to Southtown then?"
[Tue May 6 20:04:58 2008] : Dan: "I'll have to rest first. I don't have the spell for today"
[Tue May 6 20:05:42 2008] : Adrin: "We're in no rush"
[Tue May 6 20:06:11 2008] : Aliatra: "What location in Southtown do you know best? It doesn't matter if it's miles from where Yolande is, as long as we arrive where you're aiming"
[Tue May 6 20:06:43 2008] : Dan: "It's probably the common room of the inn where we usually stay"
[Tue May 6 20:07:33 2008] : Dan: "We've been there several times and stayed in there drinking. I have a reasonable image of it in my head"
[Tue May 6 20:09:18 2008] : Aliatra: "Sounds like the best idea we've got, even it we will be noticed arriving like that"
[Tue May 6 20:09:32 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra grins
[Tue May 6 20:10:40 2008] : Dan: "OK, back to the inn to rest then"
[Tue May 6 20:11:18 2008] : Dan: "We need to sell our horses, unless we intend to return for them at some point soon?"
[Tue May 6 20:11:35 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Were we not in the inn when we started playing with the mirrors?
[Tue May 6 20:11:58 2008] : Adrin: ooc yes we were
[Tue May 6 20:11:59 2008] : Dan: ooc probably!
[Tue May 6 20:12:13 2008] : Aliatra: ooc No need to return then ;-)
[Tue May 6 20:12:21 2008] : Dan: "Right, let's relax and get ready for an early start tomorrow"
[Tue May 6 20:12:23 2008] : Dan: ...
[Tue May 6 20:13:21 2008] : Adrin: "Ok"
[Tue May 6 20:14:12 2008] : DM: Early tomorrow morning....
[Tue May 6 20:14:45 2008] : Dan: Dan reads his spellbook and heads downstairs with his pack
[Tue May 6 20:15:02 2008] : Adrin: Adrin packs up and heads down
[Tue May 6 20:15:08 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra gets up, prays and practices fighting before breakfast
[Tue May 6 20:16:01 2008] : Dan: "Are we all ready?"
[Tue May 6 20:16:29 2008] : Adrin: "I am. Are you?"
[Tue May 6 20:16:30 2008] : Aliatra: "Sure"
[Tue May 6 20:17:10 2008] : Dan: "Shall we step outside for this then?"
[Tue May 6 20:17:27 2008] : Dan: Dan walks outside and finds somewhere quiet
[Tue May 6 20:17:37 2008] : Adrin: Adrin follows
[Tue May 6 20:17:42 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra follows
[Tue May 6 20:18:07 2008] : Dan: "So, the usual inn in Southtown, yes?"
[Tue May 6 20:18:14 2008] : Adrin: "Yep"
[Tue May 6 20:18:31 2008] : Dan: "OK, all hold onto me"
[Tue May 6 20:18:35 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Teleport (level 5): Instantly tansports Dan and one willing person per 3 levels as far as 100 miles/level.
[Tue May 6 20:18:40 2008] : DM: [1d100] => [10] = (10)
[Tue May 6 20:18:54 2008] : Dan: ooc I thought that was 100 then"!
[Tue May 6 20:19:16 2008] : Adrin: ooc that would be really unlucky
[Tue May 6 20:19:57 2008] : DM: Moments later you appear in the almost empty common room of a familar in in Southtown. A girl behind the bar shrieks and drops the glass she's holding.
[Tue May 6 20:20:17 2008] : Adrin: "Hey, it worked this time"
[Tue May 6 20:20:42 2008] : Aliatra: "I never doubted it"
[Tue May 6 20:20:51 2008] : Adrin: "after last time?"
[Tue May 6 20:20:53 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks very relieved
[Tue May 6 20:20:56 2008] : Dan: "Not so bad when I'm not furious"
[Tue May 6 20:21:08 2008] : Sally: The girl recovers quickly from the sight of four armed people suddenly appearing and glares at you.
[Tue May 6 20:21:29 2008] : Dan: ""Ahem, sorry about that, but this is the most familiar place to us"
[Tue May 6 20:21:39 2008] : Sally: "You should know better! Scaring ordinary folk with your fancy magics." she tuts.
[Tue May 6 20:21:57 2008] : Adrin: "Its a complement really, that we'd like this place so much"
[Tue May 6 20:22:33 2008] : Dan: "Shall we pay a visit to the metal merchant's place?"
[Tue May 6 20:22:35 2008] : Aliatra: "Allow us to compensate you for frightening you like that"
[Tue May 6 20:22:38 2008] : Sally: "Oh, you've stayed here before? Thought I recognized you from somewhere and that must be it."
[Tue May 6 20:22:47 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra gives the girl a silver piece
[Tue May 6 20:22:51 2008] : Sally: "Ta."
[Tue May 6 20:24:04 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra smiles briefly at Sally and turns her attention to Dan again
[Tue May 6 20:24:24 2008] : Adrin: "No time like the present"
[Tue May 6 20:24:34 2008] : Aliatra: "Want to go there straight away or do we want to see if we can get some information about him first?"
[Tue May 6 20:25:08 2008] : Adrin: "If we start asking around he'll find out we're here"
[Tue May 6 20:25:14 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, we've probably lost the element of surprise, but we still may catch him"
[Tue May 6 20:25:22 2008] : Dan: "Let's go straight away"
[Tue May 6 20:25:24 2008] : Dan: ooc brb
[Tue May 6 20:27:06 2008] : Aliatra: "Sally, we would very much appreciate it if you told no-one we're here"
[Tue May 6 20:27:59 2008] : Sally: "Okay."
[Tue May 6 20:28:19 2008] : Dan: ooc back
[Tue May 6 20:28:39 2008] : Aliatra: "We're here for business, but it's really hush-hush, so the less people know the better"
[Tue May 6 20:29:29 2008] : DM: "Whatever."
[Tue May 6 20:29:45 2008] : Dan: "OK, let's go and see what we can see"
[Tue May 6 20:29:54 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Mage Armour (level 1): Gives subject +4 armor bonus for 1 hour/level
[Tue May 6 20:30:05 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra gives Sally another silver piece
[Tue May 6 20:31:17 2008] : Dan: Dan exits the inn and heads for Yolande's place
[Tue May 6 20:31:31 2008] : DM: As you walk the streets of southtown you pass a notice board. A large wanted poster catches your eye.
[Tue May 6 20:31:36 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra follows
[Tue May 6 20:31:52 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra stops and reads
[Tue May 6 20:32:04 2008] : Adrin: Adrin looks
[Tue May 6 20:32:12 2008] : DM: Drawn on it (rather amatuerishly) are four faces that bear an uncanny similarity to yourselves.
[Tue May 6 20:32:36 2008] : Adrin: "Is that....?"
[Tue May 6 20:32:45 2008] : DM: The poster reads: "Wanted in connection with the assassination of the Duke of Westharbour. Consider armed and extremely dangerous."
[Tue May 6 20:32:45 2008] : Aliatra: "Huh?"
[Tue May 6 20:32:46 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, wonder what we're wanted for?"
[Tue May 6 20:33:26 2008] : Dan: "Wow, we've certainly gone in for some strange new hobbies"
[Tue May 6 20:33:30 2008] : Aliatra: "Considered armed? Like we ever conceiled them!"
[Tue May 6 20:34:08 2008] : Adrin: "Hard to hide a sword like this"
[Tue May 6 20:34:22 2008] : Dan: "Seems odd that"
[Tue May 6 20:34:27 2008] : Aliatra: "How canwe contact Francesca? She should be able to clear this up in no time"
[Tue May 6 20:34:47 2008] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue May 6 20:34:56 2008] : Dan: "I should imagine that she's either in on it, or totally out of the equation"
[Tue May 6 20:35:21 2008] : Dan: Dan pulls out a mirror and calls
[Tue May 6 20:35:25 2008] : Dan: "Franseza"
[Tue May 6 20:35:35 2008] : DM: The mirror does nothing.
[Tue May 6 20:35:46 2008] : DM: ooc brb
[Tue May 6 20:35:52 2008] : Dan: "Oh, we removed it from any other circle"
[Tue May 6 20:35:56 2008] : Dan: "Ah well"
[Tue May 6 20:36:20 2008] : Dan: "Any way, I'm guessing it's the latter"
[Tue May 6 20:36:28 2008] : DM: ooc back
[Tue May 6 20:37:25 2008] : Adrin: ooc back
[Tue May 6 20:38:21 2008] : Dan: "Thankfully, I had a feeling that something might be wrong at this end, and I took the liberty of memorising two teleportation spells this morning"
[Tue May 6 20:38:40 2008] : Dan: "So if things get really bad, we can escape"
[Tue May 6 20:38:43 2008] : Adrin: "You reckon we should run?"
[Tue May 6 20:38:49 2008] : Dan: Not yet"
[Tue May 6 20:38:56 2008] : Adrin: "Good"
[Tue May 6 20:38:56 2008] : Dan: "But it's an option"
[Tue May 6 20:38:59 2008] : Aliatra: "Would you rather get arrested?"
[Tue May 6 20:39:25 2008] : Dan: "Exactly Ali"
[Tue May 6 20:39:38 2008] : DM: You hear the regular tramp of a pair of watchmen approaching.
[Tue May 6 20:39:41 2008] : Dan: Dan continues on to Yolande's
[Tue May 6 20:40:04 2008] : DM: They don't spot you this time.
[Tue May 6 20:40:15 2008] : DM: Are you going to attempt to evade the patrols?
[Tue May 6 20:40:19 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's see if we can get some information, as long as you can get us out of here quickly if and when needed. Do we all have all of our stuff with us, nothing left in the inn?"
[Tue May 6 20:40:36 2008] : Adrin: "Nope. All here"
[Tue May 6 20:40:48 2008] : Dan: ooc I guess so
[Tue May 6 20:41:17 2008] : Dan: "I never took the time to unpack in the few moments that we were in there"
[Tue May 6 20:41:19 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 20:41
[Tue May 6 20:41:20 2008] : Adrin: ooc yeah
[Tue May 6 20:41:28 2008] : Dan: "I never took the time to unpack in the few moments that we were in there"
[Tue May 6 20:42:10 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Yes, whenever we hear patrols coming I dive in the shadows in one of the alleys
[Tue May 6 20:42:22 2008] : Aliatra: Booting '(4) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue May 6 20:42:23 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 20:42
[Tue May 6 20:42:24 2008] : DM: Hide checks
[Tue May 6 20:42:47 2008] : Dan: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [1,5] = (6)
[Tue May 6 20:42:53 2008] : Aliatra: Hide Skill Check: [1d20-2] => [15,-2] = (13)
[Tue May 6 20:43:10 2008] : Adrin: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [2,3] = (5)
[Tue May 6 20:43:14 2008] : Dan: ooc it's not too hard to spot a Grey elf!
[Tue May 6 20:43:21 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue May 6 20:43:29 2008] : Adrin: ooc or a big sworded human
[Tue May 6 20:43:43 2008] : Watch patrol: You get about half way to Yolande's offices when you're spotted!
[Tue May 6 20:43:48 2008] : Dan: ooc He has long silver hair, tied in a top knotted pony tail and has the perceptive soft amber eyes of his people.
[Tue May 6 20:43:55 2008] : Watch patrol: "Oi! You there! Halt in the name of the law."
[Tue May 6 20:44:11 2008] : Dan: "Oh, dear"
[Tue May 6 20:44:25 2008] : Watch patrol: Two people in the uniforms of the city watch start running towards you.
[Tue May 6 20:44:31 2008] : Dan: "Run?"
[Tue May 6 20:44:39 2008] : Adrin: "Fight?"
[Tue May 6 20:44:42 2008] : Aliatra: "Where to?"
[Tue May 6 20:45:10 2008] : Aliatra: "No fighting the guard, even when arrested we can always get away thanks to Dan"
[Tue May 6 20:45:15 2008] : Adrin: ooc ali in heavy armour?
[Tue May 6 20:45:31 2008] : Dan: "Fight to subdue them"
[Tue May 6 20:45:47 2008] : Dan: "Down an alley, out of sight"
[Tue May 6 20:45:57 2008] : Dan: Dan heads down the nearest alley
[Tue May 6 20:45:57 2008] : Aliatra: "That might work"
[Tue May 6 20:46:17 2008] : Adrin: Adrin follows
[Tue May 6 20:46:19 2008] : Watch patrol: [1d2] => [1] = (1)
[Tue May 6 20:46:19 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes into another alley
[Tue May 6 20:46:46 2008] : Dan: ooc the plan was to fight them out of sight, not hide
[Tue May 6 20:47:00 2008] : Watch patrol: Dan heads down an alley and finds it's a dead end. A watchman follows.
[Tue May 6 20:47:02 2008] : Watch patrol: [1d2] => [1] = (1)
[Tue May 6 20:47:17 2008] : Watch patrol: Aliatra also ends up in a dead end alley.
[Tue May 6 20:47:26 2008] : Dan: Dan draws his sword
[Tue May 6 20:47:43 2008] : Watch patrol: More watchmen (and watchwomen of course) can be heard running to the area.
[Tue May 6 20:47:50 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra turns round and tip-toes back to the entrance off the alley
[Tue May 6 20:47:55 2008] : Aliatra: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20-2] => [14,-2] = (12)
[Tue May 6 20:48:00 2008] : Adrin: Adrin cracks his knuckes ready for a fist fight
[Tue May 6 20:48:18 2008] : Aliatra: ooc How many in total?
[Tue May 6 20:48:23 2008] : Watch patrol: They hang back, waiting for reinforcements.
[Tue May 6 20:48:42 2008] : Watch patrol: There are just two at the moment but more are on the way. They draw swords.
[Tue May 6 20:49:02 2008] : Dan: "Let's get to them before the others arrive"
[Tue May 6 20:49:04 2008] : Watch patrol: (to Dan and Adrin) "Drop your weapons and come quietly"
[Tue May 6 20:49:13 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra waits and watches
[Tue May 6 20:49:25 2008] : Watch patrol: ooc attacking the flaming fist -10 reputation ;)
[Tue May 6 20:49:33 2008] : Adrin: "I haven't even drawn my sword yet"
[Tue May 6 20:49:36 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue May 6 20:49:38 2008] : Dan: "Come on, we're the ones who stopped the sewer monsters. We're not assassins, it's a set-up"
[Tue May 6 20:49:47 2008] : Adrin: ooc they're pompous assholes
[Tue May 6 20:49:59 2008] : Watch patrol: "Then come quietly and explain at the trial."
[Tue May 6 20:50:13 2008] : Adrin: "Forget it"
[Tue May 6 20:50:16 2008] : Aliatra: "What trial? What do you want from us?"
[Tue May 6 20:50:31 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra has her hand on her sword, but is not drawing it
[Tue May 6 20:50:41 2008] : Watch patrol: "You're under arrest for the assasindation of the Duke of Westhabour."
[Tue May 6 20:50:56 2008] : Adrin: "I dont think so"
[Tue May 6 20:50:58 2008] : Dan: "I'll not submit to the law of such a corrupt land"
[Tue May 6 20:51:01 2008] : Aliatra: "On whose authority?"
[Tue May 6 20:51:42 2008] : Aliatra: "Who is accusing us of murder off a person we never met and at a time we were not even here?"
[Tue May 6 20:51:54 2008] : Watch patrol: "By the authority of this city and kingdom."
[Tue May 6 20:52:07 2008] : Aliatra: "Ha!"
[Tue May 6 20:52:21 2008] : Watch patrol: About a dozen watchmen have arrived now.
[Tue May 6 20:52:50 2008] : Watch patrol: You overhear one of them mention that magical back-up is on its way.
[Tue May 6 20:53:29 2008] : Aliatra: "Are you so afraid of us you need this kind of a majority?"
[Tue May 6 20:53:40 2008] : Dan: "When exactly was the Duke murdered?"
[Tue May 6 20:53:48 2008] : Aliatra: "Guys, there are at least 12 of them here now"
[Tue May 6 20:54:04 2008] : Watch patrol: "Put down your weapons."
[Tue May 6 20:54:11 2008] : Adrin: "Make us"
[Tue May 6 20:55:03 2008] : Adrin: "Shall we take a few of them out?"
[Tue May 6 20:55:04 2008] : Dan: ooc can we have a map please?
[Tue May 6 20:55:12 2008] : Watch patrol: ooc are you really going to fight the law?
[Tue May 6 20:55:25 2008] : Dan: ooc we're split up
[Tue May 6 20:55:37 2008] : Adrin: ooc are we?
[Tue May 6 20:55:41 2008] : Dan: ooc yup
[Tue May 6 20:55:54 2008] : Dan: ooc Ali ran off up a different alley
[Tue May 6 20:56:02 2008] : Adrin: ooc ahh, I see that now
[Tue May 6 20:56:10 2008] : Aliatra: "Fighting them could only result in a massacre, guys, and they're only doing what they think is their duty"
[Tue May 6 20:56:31 2008] : Dan: ooc no idea why :P
[Tue May 6 20:57:18 2008] : Aliatra: "I don't want to spill innocent blood and we can't win without doing just that"
[Tue May 6 20:57:27 2008] : Adrin: "We'll just rough them up a bit"
[Tue May 6 20:58:17 2008] : Dan: "Well, as Ali buggered off elsewhere, my options are limited"
[Tue May 6 20:58:42 2008] : Adrin: ooc fireball? ;)
[Tue May 6 20:58:43 2008] : Dan: "Gods knows what other backup they have"
[Tue May 6 20:58:58 2008] : Adrin: "No time like the present"
[Tue May 6 20:59:14 2008] : Adrin: "Lets get to ali and then you get us out of here"
[Tue May 6 20:59:24 2008] : Dan: "I'm not a murderer Adrin"
[Tue May 6 20:59:29 2008] : Dan: "OK, I have a plan"
[Tue May 6 20:59:45 2008] : Dan: ooc Did I see where Ali went?
[Tue May 6 20:59:52 2008] : Watch patrol: ooc no
[Tue May 6 20:59:52 2008] : Adrin: "Alright, I'll just use my fists"
[Tue May 6 21:00:05 2008] : Dan: Dan shouts...
[Tue May 6 21:00:14 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks at all the guards gathering here
[Tue May 6 21:00:18 2008] : Dan: "Ali, where the hells are you?"
[Tue May 6 21:01:31 2008] : Watch patrol: ooc Aliatra, you can here Dan shout
[Tue May 6 21:02:11 2008] : Aliatra: "Right here!"
[Tue May 6 21:02:27 2008] : Watch patrol: Sounds like she's just across the street.
[Tue May 6 21:02:28 2008] : Dan: Dan tries to guess the direction Ali is in
[Tue May 6 21:02:41 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Dimension Door (level 4): Teleports caster a short distance (Range 400ft + 40ft/level)
[Tue May 6 21:02:44 2008] : Aliatra: "They are gathering here, we can never get out of here without hurting or killing them!"
[Tue May 6 21:03:07 2008] : Dan: Dan drags Adrin and Oona through the door that he created to reach Ali
[Tue May 6 21:03:15 2008] : Watch patrol: k
[Tue May 6 21:03:42 2008] : Watch patrol: "Where's that bloody backup" shouts a frustrated watch sargeant
[Tue May 6 21:03:50 2008] : Dan: "OK, ready to leave Southtown?"
[Tue May 6 21:04:01 2008] : Aliatra: "Yep, let's go"
[Tue May 6 21:04:07 2008] : Dan: "Quickly where to?"
[Tue May 6 21:04:19 2008] : Adrin: "I suppose so. Would've been nice to hit a few of them though"
[Tue May 6 21:04:33 2008] : Dan: "Sorry Adrin"
[Tue May 6 21:04:46 2008] : Dan: "Come on... Where?"
[Tue May 6 21:04:54 2008] : Adrin: "I think anywhere you know well enough"
[Tue May 6 21:05:06 2008] : Dan: Dan concentrates on the deck of Jack's ship
[Tue May 6 21:05:12 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Teleport (level 5): Instantly tansports Dan and one willing person per 3 levels as far as 100 miles/level.
[Tue May 6 21:05:12 2008] : Adrin: ooc :O
[Tue May 6 21:05:34 2008] : Watch patrol: [1d100] => [16] = (16)
[Tue May 6 21:05:54 2008] : DM: ooc that's a crazy choice!
[Tue May 6 21:05:58 2008] : DM: ooc one moment...
[Tue May 6 21:06:02 2008] : Dan: ooc :P
[Tue May 6 21:06:18 2008] : Adrin: ooc totally random
[Tue May 6 21:06:48 2008] : Dan: ooc I like Jack, and we know he's a long way from Southtown!
[Tue May 6 21:07:04 2008] : Dan: ooc possibly still in Marseine
[Tue May 6 21:07:24 2008] : Dan: ooc and it's one place that we know well
[Tue May 6 21:08:06 2008] : Adrin: ooc true
[Tue May 6 21:09:19 2008] : Adrin: ooc Loading............
[Tue May 6 21:09:53 2008] : DM: As you disappear you hear the sargeant still cursing about the backup. Moments later you appear on the swaying deck of the Waveskimmer. The sound of the wind thrumming through the riggings as it cuts effortlessly through the water.
[Tue May 6 21:09:57 2008] : Dan: ooc and he's one person likely to understand our predicament
[Tue May 6 21:10:05 2008] : Aliatra: "There are 12 of them already and the still want more reinforcements ... Where the hell are we?"
[Tue May 6 21:10:15 2008] : Dan: "Umm, guess"
[Tue May 6 21:10:17 2008] : Jack: "Bloody Hell! It's you again!" should Jack from behind the wheel.
[Tue May 6 21:10:20 2008] : Adrin: "This looks familiar"
[Tue May 6 21:10:28 2008] : Adrin: "Ah"
[Tue May 6 21:10:30 2008] : Dan: "Good, it needed to be"
[Tue May 6 21:10:39 2008] : Jack: "Can't you people travel conventionally."
[Tue May 6 21:11:04 2008] : Adrin: "Not entirely by choice this time Jack"
[Tue May 6 21:11:09 2008] : Jack: (to his first mate) "Here, take over the wheel."
[Tue May 6 21:11:40 2008] : Adrin: "I wanted to bash a few skulls, but these two bleeding hearts didn't give me a chance"
[Tue May 6 21:11:43 2008] : Jack: Jack walks down from the aft castle to the main deck. "What trouble are you in this time?"
[Tue May 6 21:12:54 2008] : Adrin: "Some slime has set us up for a murder in Southtown"
[Tue May 6 21:13:03 2008] : Aliatra: "HalloJack, good to see you again as well"
[Tue May 6 21:13:25 2008] : Dan: ""Well, murder in Westharbour, but we're wanted all over the kingdom"
[Tue May 6 21:13:38 2008] : Dan: "Apparently we killed the Duke"
[Tue May 6 21:13:54 2008] : Dan: "We only need to stay with you for a night"
[Tue May 6 21:14:01 2008] : Aliatra: "Just wish I'd remember that, should look good on my resume"
[Tue May 6 21:14:43 2008] : Dan: "I can take us somewhere else tomorrw. I had to pick somewhere tht I knew, and we were in a rush."
[Tue May 6 21:14:43 2008] : Jack: Jack whistles. "Killed the Duke? You must have really pissed someone powerful if they pinned that on you."
[Tue May 6 21:14:53 2008] : Dan: "Yolande?"
[Tue May 6 21:15:12 2008] : Jack: "Aye, he has the money."
[Tue May 6 21:15:13 2008] : Adrin: "If it was him, he didn't waste any time"
[Tue May 6 21:15:23 2008] : Dan: "Ever hear of an agent called Franseza Jack?
[Tue May 6 21:15:51 2008] : Dan: "She was pretty high up with the royalty, we helped her find the Duke's actual killers"
[Tue May 6 21:16:11 2008] : Dan: "I'm wondering what's happened to her"
[Tue May 6 21:16:17 2008] : Jack: "I know of her, by reputation. I tend to keep well away from people in that line of work."
[Tue May 6 21:17:03 2008] : Jack: Jack looks thoughtful a moment.
[Tue May 6 21:17:45 2008] : Jack: "Yolande always been a thorn in my side and seeing as you're against him now. Perhaps I can help you out."
[Tue May 6 21:18:31 2008] : Adrin: "How so?"
[Tue May 6 21:18:37 2008] : Jack: "An honest man like myself isn't safe when men with such deep pockets and friends in high places are about."
[Tue May 6 21:18:55 2008] : Dan: "indeed"
[Tue May 6 21:19:17 2008] : Jack: "I can put the word out that you're looking for this agent, and her agents will pick it up and... well... who knows."
[Tue May 6 21:19:40 2008] : Adrin: "Is that it?"
[Tue May 6 21:19:47 2008] : Aliatra: "Better than any plan I've got"
[Tue May 6 21:20:56 2008] : Jack: "Just don't mention me if you see her, okay?"
[Tue May 6 21:21:09 2008] : Aliatra: "Mention who?"
[Tue May 6 21:21:18 2008] : Jack: "Exactly!"
[Tue May 6 21:21:34 2008] : Dan: "Thanks Jack"
[Tue May 6 21:21:45 2008] : Adrin: "Mentioning Jacks name usually works out bad"
[Tue May 6 21:21:47 2008] : Dan: "Where are you headed by the way?"
[Tue May 6 21:22:21 2008] : Jack: "You can stay aboard my ship, if you like. I'll be sailing north to Westharbour so perhaps not the best place to be, eh?"
[Tue May 6 21:22:49 2008] : Adrin: "Probably not"
[Tue May 6 21:23:04 2008] : Adrin: "Looks like you're dropping us off somewhere random again"
[Tue May 6 21:23:07 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra laughs: "Perhaps not, we'd better stay below deck as long as you're there"
[Tue May 6 21:24:03 2008] : Dan: "We can teleport off tomorrow"
[Tue May 6 21:24:11 2008] : Jack: "All right then."
[Tue May 6 21:24:15 2008] : Adrin: "But where to?"
[Tue May 6 21:24:26 2008] : Dan: "I just needed somewhere well known to us that wasn't in the Southtown kingdom"
[Tue May 6 21:24:40 2008] : Dan: "We can head back to Marseine tomorrow"
[Tue May 6 21:26:08 2008] : Adrin: "Well, got anywhere for us to bed down Jack?"
[Tue May 6 21:26:49 2008] : Jack: "Er.... Might have a few spare hammocks below decks."
[Tue May 6 21:27:15 2008] : Aliatra: "That'll do me"
[Tue May 6 21:27:21 2008] : Jack: "Fredrik, show these people below decks."
[Tue May 6 21:27:56 2008] : DM: One of the sailors leads you below.
[Tue May 6 21:29:24 2008] : Dan: "Once again, thanks jack"
[Tue May 6 21:29:32 2008] : Dan: Dan heads below
[Tue May 6 21:29:40 2008] : Adrin: Adrin tips his hat to Jack
[Tue May 6 21:30:00 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra bows to Jack before following Dan
[Tue May 6 21:31:10 2008] : Dan: "Well, it's still early morning. We have a boring wait ahead of us for the day"
[Tue May 6 21:31:21 2008] : Dan: "Anyone have a fishing rod?"
[Tue May 6 21:31:35 2008] : Adrin: "Never could get the hang of that"
[Tue May 6 21:32:08 2008] : Aliatra: "Not me, I never was the outdoor type"
[Tue May 6 21:33:00 2008] : Dan: "Ah well, maybe one of the crew has. We can at least try to catch some food"
[Tue May 6 21:33:21 2008] : Adrin: "Catch cold more like"
[Tue May 6 21:33:22 2008] : DM: One of the crew has fishing gear.
[Tue May 6 21:33:36 2008] : Dan: Dan heads outside and asks Jack if it's OK to fish off the stern... if anyone has gear for it
[Tue May 6 21:34:16 2008] : DM: yup
[Tue May 6 21:34:58 2008] : Dan: Dan spends a few hours trying to catch fish, despite his lack of experience
[Tue May 6 21:35:09 2008] : DM: Survival roll
[Tue May 6 21:35:10 2008] : Dan: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+1] => [14,1] = (15)
[Tue May 6 21:35:27 2008] : Adrin: Adrin tries his hand
[Tue May 6 21:35:31 2008] : Adrin: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [13,9] = (22)
[Tue May 6 21:35:42 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra watches for a while but she soon gets bored out of her skull and falls asleep
[Tue May 6 21:35:46 2008] : DM: Two medium sized fish. Adrin catches three.
[Tue May 6 21:36:22 2008] : Adrin: "Hey this isn't so bad after all. I really struggled when i was younger"
[Tue May 6 21:36:41 2008] : Dan: "I have only ever fished in the valleys beneath our home"
[Tue May 6 21:37:06 2008] : Dan: "And then I have not done so since I was young"
[Tue May 6 21:37:10 2008] : Aliatra: "Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
[Tue May 6 21:37:20 2008] : Dan: "It's a welcome relief to have time to do so"
[Tue May 6 21:37:25 2008] : DM: ooc should have made you catch a sea monster and be dragged into the ocean to be devoured.
[Tue May 6 21:37:32 2008] : Dan: ooc :P
[Tue May 6 21:37:37 2008] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue May 6 21:38:16 2008] : Dan: After cooking and eating the fish, which Dan offers to share with the crew, Dan retires to sleep
[Tue May 6 21:38:22 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Jaws V or VI?
[Tue May 6 21:38:55 2008] : Adrin: Adrin tries to get some sparring practice before turning in
[Tue May 6 21:39:27 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra volunteers
[Tue May 6 21:39:28 2008] : Dan: ooc not that Dan sleeps of course
[Tue May 6 21:41:07 2008] : DM: The following morning the Waveskimmer is still skimming the waves along the middle sea coast.
[Tue May 6 21:42:14 2008] : Adrin: "We ready to depart again?"
[Tue May 6 21:42:18 2008] : Dan: "OK, shall we try to go to Marseine?"
[Tue May 6 21:42:49 2008] : Adrin: (quietly) "Should we give jack one of the mirrors to contact us?"
[Tue May 6 21:42:58 2008] : Aliatra: "Sure, you really seem to have gotten the hang of that teleport business"
[Tue May 6 21:42:59 2008] : Dan: Dan thanks Jack for the welcoming reception, and the lodging, and the offer
[Tue May 6 21:43:10 2008] : Aliatra: "Sounds like an idea, Adrin"
[Tue May 6 21:43:10 2008] : Dan: "Sounds like a good idea Adrin"
[Tue May 6 21:43:51 2008] : Aliatra: "9 or 12"
[Tue May 6 21:43:57 2008] : Dan: "I'm a little less certain about Marseine, but we shall see"
[Tue May 6 21:43:57 2008] : Aliatra: ?
[Tue May 6 21:44:04 2008] : Dan: "Either Ali"
[Tue May 6 21:44:09 2008] : Adrin: "Well 9 is my favourite"
[Tue May 6 21:44:19 2008] : Dan: "12 it is then"
[Tue May 6 21:44:19 2008] : Aliatra: "So 12 it is"
[Tue May 6 21:44:25 2008] : Adrin: "It just looks nicer"
[Tue May 6 21:44:53 2008] : Dan: Dan tries to see any difference at all in the mirrors, but says nothing
[Tue May 6 21:45:44 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra smiles at Dan and shrugs
[Tue May 6 21:45:46 2008] : DM: ooc they come with removable covers in a range of colours and styles :P
[Tue May 6 21:46:16 2008] : Aliatra: "I don't care either way, so why not do what Adrin prefers?"
[Tue May 6 21:46:22 2008] : Adrin: ooc can you get ringtones for them?
[Tue May 6 21:47:29 2008] : Adrin: Adrin gives Jack #12 and tells him how to use it
[Tue May 6 21:47:41 2008] : DM: ooc 50 gold each. Even more if it's particularly annoying.
[Tue May 6 21:48:14 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue May 6 21:48:34 2008] : Jack: Jack looks at mirror and then hands it back. "No offence, but should you get caught by Yolande's cronies I'd really rather nothing connected us."
[Tue May 6 21:48:56 2008] : Dan: "OK, fair enough Jack"
[Tue May 6 21:49:06 2008] : Adrin: "Thanks for the vote of confidence"
[Tue May 6 21:49:25 2008] : Jack: "Besides, should you need to find me I shall be in Westharbour for while I expect. Some unfinsihed business you see."
[Tue May 6 21:49:38 2008] : Aliatra: "They won't find out unless we tell them the name of your mirror"
[Tue May 6 21:50:26 2008] : Adrin: "Nothing you want to tell us about I'm sure"
[Tue May 6 21:50:31 2008] : Jack: "Even so, I think I will decline."
[Tue May 6 21:51:35 2008] : Aliatra: "Your decision, Jack" Aliatra shrugs
[Tue May 6 21:51:37 2008] : Dan: "Once agin, thanks for the reception."
[Tue May 6 21:51:59 2008] : Dan: Dan concentrates on the common room of the inn in Marseine
[Tue May 6 21:52:05 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Teleport (level 5): Instantly tansports Dan and one willing person per 3 levels as far as 100 miles/level.
[Tue May 6 21:52:10 2008] : Jack: [1d100] => [67] = (67)
[Tue May 6 21:52:10 2008] : Adrin: "Be seeing you"
[Tue May 6 21:52:18 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra says goodbye to Jack and thanks him
[Tue May 6 21:52:40 2008] : Jack: You arrive safely back at the inn in Marseine.
[Tue May 6 21:52:57 2008] : Dan: "OK, here's a plan..."
[Tue May 6 21:53:23 2008] : Adrin: "We really need to find somewhere less conspicous for this teleporting lark"
[Tue May 6 21:53:23 2008] : Dan: "Every place we go to from now on, I spend a good hour memorising, and sketching a location"
[Tue May 6 21:53:39 2008] : Adrin: "Great minds, eh?"
[Tue May 6 21:54:00 2008] : Dan: "Yes, a less conspicuous place too, exactly Adrin"
[Tue May 6 21:54:21 2008] : Aliatra: "And no more common rooms in inns but attics, back-way alleys, places out of sight"
[Tue May 6 21:54:21 2008] : Dan: "Thankfully my skills with the pencil are not poor"
[Tue May 6 21:54:26 2008] : Jack: ooc okay, keep a list of locations updated on the wiki.
[Tue May 6 21:54:36 2008] : Dan: "Yes Ali, some Alleys"
[Tue May 6 21:54:44 2008] : Dan: Dan smiles
[Tue May 6 21:55:08 2008] : Dan: "Let's start with somewhere here"
[Tue May 6 21:56:00 2008] : Dan: Dan exits the inn and spends an hour or so combing the town to look for an area not often used.
[Tue May 6 21:56:20 2008] : Dan: Dan then spends an hour sketching it to get a really clear picture in his head
[Tue May 6 21:56:26 2008] : Aliatra: ooc But still remarkable and unique
[Tue May 6 21:57:00 2008] : Dan: ooc do you want specifcs? or just "an unremarkable and little used back alley"
[Tue May 6 21:57:28 2008] : Dan: ooc unremarkable is fine, as long as I know it in my head
[Tue May 6 21:57:38 2008] : DM: ooc something general like that is fine.
[Tue May 6 22:00:22 2008] : DM: What's the plan now?
[Tue May 6 22:00:30 2008] : Dan: "OK, We have a place in marseine"
[Tue May 6 22:01:43 2008] : Adrin: "So, now we're back where we were yesterday"
[Tue May 6 22:01:50 2008] : Aliatra: "Good. So what do we do now?"
[Tue May 6 22:02:16 2008] : DM: ooc I wonder if I need to invent teleport disorientation syndrome caused by too much teleporting ;)
[Tue May 6 22:02:44 2008] : Dan: "Well, I guess we either move away permanently. Or we do something to try to clear our names."
[Tue May 6 22:03:20 2008] : Dan: "My assumption is that the best place to do that is the kingdom we just left"
[Tue May 6 22:03:26 2008] : DM: ooc remember that Jack is putting the word out that you're looking for Franseza.
[Tue May 6 22:03:28 2008] : Aliatra: "I'm all for that. So how do we clear our names?"
[Tue May 6 22:03:30 2008] : Dan: ooc what's the kingdom called??
[Tue May 6 22:03:47 2008] : Adrin: "I'm not too bothered about what the law says"
[Tue May 6 22:03:55 2008] : DM: ooc err... I don't think I gave it a name.
[Tue May 6 22:04:17 2008] : Dan: "I guess that we try head back on land and try to contact Franseza or her people"
[Tue May 6 22:06:01 2008] : Adrin: "Probably the best thing to do"
[Tue May 6 22:07:14 2008] : Dan: ooc what did we call this part of our saga?? :)
[Tue May 6 22:07:48 2008] : DM: ooc I haven't given it a name.
[Tue May 6 22:08:04 2008] : DM: ooc yes, I suck at names
[Tue May 6 22:08:10 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Suspect?
[Tue May 6 22:08:12 2008] : Adrin: ooc was it not tricky teleportation tales?
[Tue May 6 22:08:16 2008] : Dan: ooc I did, the rather alliterative 'Tricky Teleportation Tales'
[Tue May 6 22:08:33 2008] : Dan: ooc fits well with today's session :)
[Tue May 6 22:09:11 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue May 6 22:10:09 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, time to get horses again"
[Tue May 6 22:10:27 2008] : DM: Your horses are still in the stables of the inn.
[Tue May 6 22:10:34 2008] : Dan: ooc cool!
[Tue May 6 22:11:04 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue May 6 22:11:13 2008] : Adrin: "Its still early. May as well get going"
[Tue May 6 22:11:46 2008] : Dan: "Yes, let's go"
[Tue May 6 22:12:22 2008] : Aliatra: "Make sure we go somewhere where Franzesa's people can find us"
[Tue May 6 22:13:00 2008] : DM: Heading where? Southtown?
[Tue May 6 22:13:09 2008] : Adrin: ooc are there any other towns on the way?
[Tue May 6 22:13:20 2008] : Dan: "Well, we're just headed back into the kingdom we just left, only via the borders"
[Tue May 6 22:13:42 2008] : DM: You set out along the north road, through fields of vines and olive groves
[Tue May 6 22:13:45 2008] : DM: GAME END