Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Apr 22 19:37:31 2008] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Apr 22 19:38:41 2008] : Adrin: "So do you think theres any way we could skin this beast?"
[Tue Apr 22 19:38:58 2008] : Dan: "Yes, we have weapons to do so, let's get to it"
[Tue Apr 22 19:39:08 2008] : Aliatra: "Like with a dagger or a sword? We can but try"
[Tue Apr 22 19:39:12 2008] : DM: ooc that will work.
[Tue Apr 22 19:39:29 2008] : Dan: Dan starts trying to slice the skin from the dragon
[Tue Apr 22 19:40:14 2008] : Adrin: Adrin joins in
[Tue Apr 22 19:40:16 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra tries to assist, but she can make heads nor tails of the beast
[Tue Apr 22 19:40:19 2008] : Oona: Oona helps kind of reluctantly
[Tue Apr 22 19:40:54 2008] : Oona: "I hate doing this. Fortunately it means lots of money at the end of it"
[Tue Apr 22 19:41:13 2008] : Adrin: "Whats wrong with it?"
[Tue Apr 22 19:41:22 2008] : Dan: "I'm wondering if we should take the head to the merchant's guild that hired us"
[Tue Apr 22 19:41:33 2008] : Dan: "We can use the cart for that"
[Tue Apr 22 19:42:00 2008] : Aliatra: "Do you want to use our riding horses to pull a cart?"
[Tue Apr 22 19:42:03 2008] : Adrin: "Yeah, that'll freak him out"
[Tue Apr 22 19:43:13 2008] : Dan: "Well, we could do with some proof"
[Tue Apr 22 19:43:46 2008] : Aliatra: "We could try, but I don't think they've ever pulled a load in their life"
[Tue Apr 22 19:43:58 2008] : Aliatra: "Would the hide not be proof enough?"
[Tue Apr 22 19:44:19 2008] : Adrin: "They're horses, they can pull stuff"
[Tue Apr 22 19:45:11 2008] : Dan: "If the cart has the correct tack, I should think they'll be alright"
[Tue Apr 22 19:45:13 2008] : Oona: "Except we don't want the merchant's guild to claim the hide"
[Tue Apr 22 19:45:17 2008] : Oona: "So the head should do"
[Tue Apr 22 19:46:09 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra laughs out loud: "Right you are"
[Tue Apr 22 19:48:22 2008] : Aliatra: "Are we looking for the dragon's horde?"
[Tue Apr 22 19:48:42 2008] : Oona: "Of course"
[Tue Apr 22 19:49:12 2008] : Aliatra: Ehm .. hoard?
[Tue Apr 22 19:49:12 2008] : Oona: "They say dragons have great taste when it comes to treasure"
[Tue Apr 22 19:49:18 2008] : Oona: ooc yeah
[Tue Apr 22 19:49:33 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I knew it looked funny ;-)
[Tue Apr 22 19:49:52 2008] : DM: ooc I can do a horde of dragons if you want... ;)
[Tue Apr 22 19:49:55 2008] : Aliatra: "I've heard they love gold and gems, as do I"
[Tue Apr 22 19:49:57 2008] : Adrin: "Have you any ideas where it might be?"
[Tue Apr 22 19:50:17 2008] : Aliatra: ooc No thanks, this one got me killed all on its own
[Tue Apr 22 19:50:35 2008] : Dan: "What direction did it come from?"
[Tue Apr 22 19:50:45 2008] : Dan: "Maybe that's the place to start?"
[Tue Apr 22 19:50:50 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's ride out to where we saw that dragon fly to yesterday"
[Tue Apr 22 19:52:38 2008] : DM: Other than this cave and out to see the only other place you know where the dragon came from this north, through the dense, scrubby forest.
[Tue Apr 22 19:53:41 2008] : DM: The forest is passable (but not for horses) and visibiltity is poor.
[Tue Apr 22 19:54:26 2008] : Adrin: "I say we just head back to town. We could look for years and not find it"
[Tue Apr 22 19:54:38 2008] : Dan: "The other option is that the lair may be in the sea somewhere"
[Tue Apr 22 19:55:12 2008] : Dan: "I agree with Adrin, we sould see if we can get more information on the movements of the dragon in town"
[Tue Apr 22 19:55:18 2008] : DM: ooc But I didn't think of that...
[Tue Apr 22 19:56:01 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Apr 22 19:56:26 2008] : Aliatra: "How about we spend one day looking and then return to town"
[Tue Apr 22 19:56:45 2008] : Oona: "Agreed. If you don't want to look for it, I'll do it."
[Tue Apr 22 19:56:55 2008] : Oona: "I am not going to pass without having a go at it"
[Tue Apr 22 19:57:00 2008] : Dan: "I suggest we drop the head and the skin off in town and see if anyone can cure it for us"
[Tue Apr 22 19:57:20 2008] : Dan: "It's no use to us rotten and stinking"
[Tue Apr 22 19:57:50 2008] : Dan: "We can ask for mor einfo, and strike out for the dragon's lair after that"
[Tue Apr 22 19:58:27 2008] : Dan: "We can then sell the head to the merchants, or if they don't want it, I'm sure a buyer can be found"
[Tue Apr 22 19:58:33 2008] : Aliatra: "That makes sense I guess, especially since we aren't in a hurry"
[Tue Apr 22 19:59:39 2008] : Dan: "Dragon heads this size are not too common, I'm sure that they're worth something if treated correctly"
[Tue Apr 22 20:00:16 2008] : Oona: "Right, we can also raise attention and have tons of people looking for the lair without having the faintest idea of where it is"
[Tue Apr 22 20:00:25 2008] : Oona: "I say looking a bit before we go back makes sense"
[Tue Apr 22 20:01:04 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, good point Oona."
[Tue Apr 22 20:01:23 2008] : Adrin: "So what do we do with this hide and head then? Drag it along?"
[Tue Apr 22 20:01:41 2008] : Oona: "Right, that's another point"
[Tue Apr 22 20:02:13 2008] : Oona: "We can probably leave it somewhere around here, hide it a bit while we look"
[Tue Apr 22 20:02:25 2008] : Oona: "I don"'t intend to look for ever, but just a day"
[Tue Apr 22 20:02:33 2008] : Oona: "and then we go to town"
[Tue Apr 22 20:02:59 2008] : Dan: "I suggest that we leave the skin in the sun, but out of sight"
[Tue Apr 22 20:03:13 2008] : Aliatra: "We can hide it in the cave, people will only find it there if they fall in"
[Tue Apr 22 20:04:08 2008] : Oona: "Well, the cave has this drop"
[Tue Apr 22 20:04:16 2008] : Oona: "to get in, it's not practical to hide it there"
[Tue Apr 22 20:04:26 2008] : Oona: "I tend to agree with Dan"
[Tue Apr 22 20:04:33 2008] : Oona: "Have it dry makes sense"
[Tue Apr 22 20:06:04 2008] : Aliatra: "I don't know about hides and dragon's heads, so you just tell me what you want and I'll be happy to lug it anywhere. Not that the drop into the cave should be a problem, we do have ropes you know"
[Tue Apr 22 20:06:50 2008] : Dan: "I'm just concerned about it going off"
[Tue Apr 22 20:07:20 2008] : Oona: ooc going off?
[Tue Apr 22 20:07:22 2008] : Dan: "It's no use to me anyway, but it would make a good set of armour for you Ali"
[Tue Apr 22 20:07:27 2008] : Dan: ooc rotten
[Tue Apr 22 20:07:53 2008] : Dan: "In my opinion we should capitalise on it"
[Tue Apr 22 20:08:24 2008] : Dan: "But I'm not really that bothered. If we leave it it will probably be eaten, or be otherwise made useless"
[Tue Apr 22 20:08:34 2008] : Dan: "It needs curing"
[Tue Apr 22 20:08:37 2008] : Adrin: I agree. We've got this, lets use it. I dont think we'll find that lair"
[Tue Apr 22 20:09:08 2008] : Dan: "The head will be fine as it's just as good as a plain skull, or a stuffed head"
[Tue Apr 22 20:09:33 2008] : Aliatra: "Adrin, IK don't think I've ever heard you less confident. Is there something the matter?"
[Tue Apr 22 20:09:51 2008] : Oona: "OK, can we please agree on something?"
[Tue Apr 22 20:09:55 2008] : Adrin: "Ok then. I'm sure we'll not find that lair"
[Tue Apr 22 20:10:13 2008] : Oona: "If you really don't want to go and look for the lair, then just get into town, we'll be shortly joining you"
[Tue Apr 22 20:10:18 2008] : Aliatra: "I would think getting all of the flesh and fat off the hide should help it not spoil for at least a few days"
[Tue Apr 22 20:11:03 2008] : DM: ooc The rulebooks don't cover curing hides. What a dreadful oversight!
[Tue Apr 22 20:11:08 2008] : Aliatra: "Yes, you two take the cart and horses and Oona and I will spend a day looking for the lair"
[Tue Apr 22 20:11:20 2008] : Oona: Oona looks for a high place to get a better view of the land to the north
[Tue Apr 22 20:11:21 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Sure is, shame on them!
[Tue Apr 22 20:11:38 2008] : Dan: "OK, let's peg it out on poles behind the bushes"
[Tue Apr 22 20:11:56 2008] : Dan: "If it's still here when we get back, bonus. if not, never mind"
[Tue Apr 22 20:12:47 2008] : DM: ooc So there is a use for 10 ft poles.
[Tue Apr 22 20:13:00 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Apr 22 20:13:43 2008] : Adrin: ooc damn, I knew I should've brought mine
[Tue Apr 22 20:14:59 2008] : DM: ooc is there a plan agreed?
[Tue Apr 22 20:15:02 2008] : Oona: ooc the famous 10 ft poles
[Tue Apr 22 20:15:09 2008] : Dan: Dan stands around wondering if anyone heard him
[Tue Apr 22 20:15:24 2008] : Oona: ooc I'm looking for a high spot ;-)
[Tue Apr 22 20:15:28 2008] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [4,11] = (15)
[Tue Apr 22 20:15:29 2008] : Adrin: "Ok, so we peg it out and go looking for a day?"
[Tue Apr 22 20:15:38 2008] : Dan: "Yes"
[Tue Apr 22 20:15:44 2008] : Oona: "Yes, that's the idea. I'll help"
[Tue Apr 22 20:15:47 2008] : Dan: "It should dry out at least"
[Tue Apr 22 20:16:07 2008] : Oona: Oona gets to the hide
[Tue Apr 22 20:16:18 2008] : Dan: And raising it will stop insects and other small animals eating it"
[Tue Apr 22 20:16:22 2008] : DM: The surrounding region is somewhat hilly.
[Tue Apr 22 20:16:23 2008] : Aliatra: "And dry stuff doesn't spoil easily"
[Tue Apr 22 20:16:43 2008] : Dan: Dan props the pieces of hide beween poles
[Tue Apr 22 20:18:24 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra assists
[Tue Apr 22 20:20:20 2008] : DM: The hide is pegged out and concealed from the road. It'll probably do for a day.
[Tue Apr 22 20:21:11 2008] : Adrin: "Right, if we're going looking lets go"
[Tue Apr 22 20:21:24 2008] : Aliatra: "Sure"
[Tue Apr 22 20:21:28 2008] : DM: Let's have some survival rolls.
[Tue Apr 22 20:21:39 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra checks her equipment and gets ready
[Tue Apr 22 20:21:40 2008] : Dan: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Tue Apr 22 20:21:44 2008] : Aliatra: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [20,2] = (22)
[Tue Apr 22 20:21:47 2008] : Oona: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [15,6] = (21)
[Tue Apr 22 20:21:54 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Huh?
[Tue Apr 22 20:22:08 2008] : Adrin: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [5,9] = (14)
[Tue Apr 22 20:23:20 2008] : DM: Oona and Aliatra spend about 4 hours leading the way to the tallest hill in the area, giving a good vantage point.
[Tue Apr 22 20:23:59 2008] : DM: However, all you can see stretched before you in an unbroken carpet is a forest of trees waving in the breeze.
[Tue Apr 22 20:24:06 2008] : Dan: Dan has trouble following Ali and Oona, even though they are in front of him
[Tue Apr 22 20:24:36 2008] : Aliatra: "Hmm, that doesn't look promising"
[Tue Apr 22 20:24:50 2008] : DM: There are larger hills in the distance to the north, and then a range of small mountains just visible through the haze.
[Tue Apr 22 20:26:00 2008] : Oona: ooc I need to get out of openrpg and get back in. pause for a sec.
[Tue Apr 22 20:26:03 2008] : Oona: Disconnecting from server...
[Tue Apr 22 20:26:03 2008] : Oona (exit): 20:26
[Tue Apr 22 20:27:07 2008] : Oona (enter): 20:27
[Tue Apr 22 20:27:14 2008] : Oona: ooc oh crap
[Tue Apr 22 20:28:01 2008] : Adrin: "No, it doesn't. Anyone got any ideas?"
[Tue Apr 22 20:28:25 2008] : Oona: ooc I lost the map window, and I cant' get it back
[Tue Apr 22 20:28:45 2008] : Aliatra: "Do dragons usually live in caves or in forests?"
[Tue Apr 22 20:28:59 2008] : Oona: ooc ah, ok, got it.
[Tue Apr 22 20:29:13 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Good :-)
[Tue Apr 22 20:29:14 2008] : Oona: "In any place where they can hoard"
[Tue Apr 22 20:29:23 2008] : Oona: ooc what awas Adrin answering?
[Tue Apr 22 20:30:13 2008] : DM: ooc Aliatra: "Hmm, that doesn't look promising"
[Tue Apr 22 20:30:18 2008] : Adrin: ooc yes
[Tue Apr 22 20:30:34 2008] : Dan: "Depends on the type of dragon oona"
[Tue Apr 22 20:33:30 2008] : DM: ooc green dragons like forests
[Tue Apr 22 20:33:38 2008] : Dan: Dan seems to be wracking his brain
[Tue Apr 22 20:33:45 2008] : Dan: "Green ones like forests"
[Tue Apr 22 20:34:11 2008] : Oona: "Makes sense"
[Tue Apr 22 20:34:15 2008] : Oona: "So it is in the forest"
[Tue Apr 22 20:34:22 2008] : Oona: "In short, we are stuck with that'
[Tue Apr 22 20:34:32 2008] : Adrin: "looks that way"
[Tue Apr 22 20:37:07 2008] : DM: ooc for now at least, no of you are at home in the wilderness after all.
[Tue Apr 22 20:37:17 2008] : Dan: "So what's the plan?"
[Tue Apr 22 20:37:42 2008] : Adrin: "I haven't got a clue"
[Tue Apr 22 20:37:47 2008] : DM: ooc better wait for Hannele to get back.
[Tue Apr 22 20:39:29 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 20:39
[Tue Apr 22 20:39:40 2008] : DM: Booting '(10) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Apr 22 20:39:41 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 20:39
[Tue Apr 22 20:41:00 2008] : DM: ooc you can start again now that she's here.
[Tue Apr 22 20:41:17 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Sorry about that, PC problems :-(
[Tue Apr 22 20:44:02 2008] : DM: ooc hello? Anyone there?
[Tue Apr 22 20:44:09 2008] : Dan: yup
[Tue Apr 22 20:44:10 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I am here
[Tue Apr 22 20:44:11 2008] : Adrin: "So Ali, any ideas?"
[Tue Apr 22 20:44:28 2008] : Dan: "Yes, what's the plan?"
[Tue Apr 22 20:44:38 2008] : Aliatra: "We could head out for those hills"
[Tue Apr 22 20:45:03 2008] : DM: ooc they're further than half a day away, especially through this forest which is slow going.
[Tue Apr 22 20:45:03 2008] : Adrin: "And get back in a day?"
[Tue Apr 22 20:46:44 2008] : Aliatra: "Probably not in a day, no"
[Tue Apr 22 20:46:49 2008] : Dan: "I don't know about you, but I'm lost already, never mind trying to find a lair that we have no idea the location of"
[Tue Apr 22 20:46:59 2008] : Oona: "No, I think we're better off going back to town. I am still a bit paranoid, and I think that asking questions about the whereabouts of the dragon might play against us though"
[Tue Apr 22 20:47:10 2008] : Oona: "But I guess we have no real choice"
[Tue Apr 22 20:47:20 2008] : Adrin: "Beeats wandering around at random"
[Tue Apr 22 20:48:54 2008] : Dan: "I'm not too keen on wandering around aimlessly in woods"
[Tue Apr 22 20:49:01 2008] : Dan: "Let's head back"
[Tue Apr 22 20:49:20 2008] : DM: ooc is that because I have the DMG open to 'random encounters' ?
[Tue Apr 22 20:49:29 2008] : Oona: ooc LOL
[Tue Apr 22 20:49:34 2008] : Aliatra: "How could it play against us? It's not as if we are likely to get punished for killing the beast, we've got nothing to lose"
[Tue Apr 22 20:49:52 2008] : Oona: "A drangon's hoard will kindle envy"
[Tue Apr 22 20:50:04 2008] : Oona: "that's all"
[Tue Apr 22 20:50:13 2008] : Aliatra: ooc It's not that we don't trust you, David, but you are a DM and therefore evil
[Tue Apr 22 20:50:32 2008] : Oona: "nohting about punishment, but someone could get there before we do. Right now we're safe, they don't know we've killed the dragon"
[Tue Apr 22 20:50:42 2008] : Oona: "In short, we need to be careful"
[Tue Apr 22 20:50:43 2008] : Aliatra: "So let them find it if they can. We can't and they're welcome to kill eachother over it"
[Tue Apr 22 20:51:11 2008] : Adrin: "I think you're being a little paranoid Oona"
[Tue Apr 22 20:51:21 2008] : Dan: "I'd be happy to find it, but we have no chance at present"
[Tue Apr 22 20:52:09 2008] : Oona: oona grins. "So I am Adrin, but we've strived to ill this beast, I would hate to let the loot escape us"
[Tue Apr 22 20:53:17 2008] : Adrin: "True, but I've no wish to wander aimlessly through a forest looking for it"
[Tue Apr 22 20:53:21 2008] : Aliatra: "How about we offer a part of the loot to those that help us find it? Or perhaps the ship if the loot is big enough?"
[Tue Apr 22 20:53:48 2008] : Dan: "Now there's an idea Ali"
[Tue Apr 22 20:54:22 2008] : Aliatra: "If we ask nicely, weapons in hand, they will think twice about double-crossing us"
[Tue Apr 22 20:54:29 2008] : Oona: "Mind you, we already offered the ship. I don't see us roaming the seas, no more than I see us roaming the woods"
[Tue Apr 22 20:54:37 2008] : Oona: "OK, let us just camp for the night and then go"
[Tue Apr 22 20:54:42 2008] : Oona: ooc what time is it?
[Tue Apr 22 20:54:48 2008] : DM: 1 pm
[Tue Apr 22 20:56:56 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra turns and goes back to the cave
[Tue Apr 22 20:57:02 2008] : Adrin: "May as well just head back"
[Tue Apr 22 20:57:10 2008] : Adrin: brb
[Tue Apr 22 20:57:30 2008] : Dan: Dan stays close to peaople who know how to stay on the right path
[Tue Apr 22 20:57:41 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Mage Armour (level 1): Gives subject +4 armor bonus for 1 hour/level
[Tue Apr 22 20:58:55 2008] : Oona: ooc we spend the night and go to town? Or go to town directly?
[Tue Apr 22 20:59:18 2008] : DM: You make it back to cave an hour before sunset, the pegged out hide is still there as is the cart and the dragon head.
[Tue Apr 22 20:59:40 2008] : Aliatra: ooc We spend the night first
[Tue Apr 22 20:59:49 2008] : Adrin: ooc back
[Tue Apr 22 21:00:15 2008] : Adrin: "Its getting dark. Best stay here"
[Tue Apr 22 21:00:56 2008] : Aliatra: Before turning in, Aliatra cures herself
[Tue Apr 22 21:01:03 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 2: Cure Moderate Wounds (lvl 2) Cures 2d8 damage +1/lvl (max +10) [2d8+5] => [5,7,5] = (17).
[Tue Apr 22 21:01:06 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 2: Cure Moderate Wounds (lvl 2) Cures 2d8 damage +1/lvl (max +10) [2d8+5] => [8,3,5] = (16).
[Tue Apr 22 21:01:32 2008] : DM: The night passed uneventfully.
[Tue Apr 22 21:01:36 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 1: Cure Light Wounds (lvl 1) Cures 1d8 damage +1/lvl (max +5) [1d8+3] => [7,3] = (10).
[Tue Apr 22 21:01:37 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 1: Cure Light Wounds (lvl 1) Cures 1d8 damage +1/lvl (max +5) [1d8+3] => [1,3] = (4).
[Tue Apr 22 21:01:44 2008] : Dan: ooc never realise that you were injured
[Tue Apr 22 21:02:03 2008] : Dan: ooc crazy really as to our characters it would be obvious
[Tue Apr 22 21:04:01 2008] : Aliatra: ooc My character just about died last week
[Tue Apr 22 21:04:53 2008] : Adrin: ooc we soaked up a lot of damage between us
[Tue Apr 22 21:05:03 2008] : Dan: ooc but I thought that you healed up
[Tue Apr 22 21:05:25 2008] : Adrin: ooc I had
[Tue Apr 22 21:06:14 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I still needed more *shrug*
[Tue Apr 22 21:07:41 2008] : Dan: Dan Dan finishes his spell preparation and takes a look at the cart's tack
[Tue Apr 22 21:08:08 2008] : DM: It's all there, if you're trying to harness a riding horse make a handle animal check.
[Tue Apr 22 21:08:22 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra prays and practices before joining Dan
[Tue Apr 22 21:08:38 2008] : Adrin: Adrin has a look too
[Tue Apr 22 21:08:42 2008] : Adrin: Handle Animal Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [8,5] = (13)
[Tue Apr 22 21:09:00 2008] : Dan: Handle Animal Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Apr 22 21:10:13 2008] : DM: The horse is reluctant but lets itself be harness and then does a slow job of hauling.
[Tue Apr 22 21:10:46 2008] : Oona: Handle Animal Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Apr 22 21:10:53 2008] : Aliatra: Handle Animal Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Apr 22 21:11:40 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra mounts her horse and leads the way
[Tue Apr 22 21:11:47 2008] : Adrin: Adrin does his best to soothe the horse
[Tue Apr 22 21:12:26 2008] : DM: You slowly rattle back to Marseine.
[Tue Apr 22 21:12:59 2008] : Dan: ooc umm... were we headed back there or the village?
[Tue Apr 22 21:13:21 2008] : DM: ooc er... you didn't say. My mistake. Where are you going?
[Tue Apr 22 21:13:35 2008] : Adrin: ooc I thought we were getting rid of the dragon stuff in town
[Tue Apr 22 21:14:18 2008] : Dan: ooc OK, town it is :)
[Tue Apr 22 21:14:55 2008] : DM: As you enter the gates of Marseine and small boy runs up and hands you a note before darting off into the crowd.
[Tue Apr 22 21:15:29 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra reads the note before showing it to the others
[Tue Apr 22 21:15:45 2008] : Adrin: "Whats it say?"
[Tue Apr 22 21:16:47 2008] : DM: The note reads "See me at 35 Fernox Street -- Jack".
[Tue Apr 22 21:17:07 2008] : Aliatra: "Read for yourself, short and sweet"
[Tue Apr 22 21:18:15 2008] : Dan: "Well, shall we head there first?"
[Tue Apr 22 21:19:18 2008] : Aliatra: "Jack first, I think, he might be able to help us with our problem concerning the dragon hoard. He will know people that can help"
[Tue Apr 22 21:19:34 2008] : Adrin: "May as well"
[Tue Apr 22 21:19:49 2008] : Oona: "Sounds good"
[Tue Apr 22 21:19:56 2008] : Dan: "Hmm"
[Tue Apr 22 21:20:17 2008] : Dan: "Oona, you're concerned about common villagers searching for the hoardf"
[Tue Apr 22 21:20:31 2008] : Dan: "But you're happy to ask a slippery eel like Jack?"
[Tue Apr 22 21:21:28 2008] : Aliatra: "At least we know Jack can't be trusted and we also know he respects us"
[Tue Apr 22 21:23:32 2008] : Adrin: "I'm not so sure about the last bit"
[Tue Apr 22 21:23:53 2008] : Aliatra: "At least he stopped trying to kill us, for a bit"
[Tue Apr 22 21:23:59 2008] : Dan: "the point about knowing that he can't be trusted is that you don't"
[Tue Apr 22 21:24:20 2008] : Dan: "Not that you say, ah yes, then tell him something"
[Tue Apr 22 21:24:26 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra asks around to Fernox street
[Tue Apr 22 21:24:37 2008] : Oona: "Wait a minute. I never said we should ask Jack. I meant yes, we should see Jack first"
[Tue Apr 22 21:25:03 2008] : Oona: "Sorry, I only listened to half of what Ali said"
[Tue Apr 22 21:25:06 2008] : Oona: "I agree with Dan'
[Tue Apr 22 21:25:18 2008] : Oona: "We're not asking Jack anything. First let's see what he's looking to tell us"
[Tue Apr 22 21:25:24 2008] : DM: Fernox Street is just of the main square and contains quality houses of the sort occupied by reasonably well-off merchants and tradesmen.
[Tue Apr 22 21:27:00 2008] : DM: Your cart with it's contents is getting plenty of stares and shocked looks from the townspeople.
[Tue Apr 22 21:27:27 2008] : DM: And the occasional cheer and smattering of applause as you make your way to Fernox Street.
[Tue Apr 22 21:27:55 2008] : Dan: Dan tries to look suitably heroic
[Tue Apr 22 21:28:31 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra holds her head up high as she parades her horse through the streets
[Tue Apr 22 21:29:06 2008] : DM: You reach number 35, a three story town house.
[Tue Apr 22 21:29:30 2008] : Adrin: Adrin glares at the poeple
[Tue Apr 22 21:30:05 2008] : Adrin: "Here we are"
[Tue Apr 22 21:30:47 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra dismounts and knocks
[Tue Apr 22 21:30:56 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's see if he's in"
[Tue Apr 22 21:31:40 2008] : Adrin: "He better be"
[Tue Apr 22 21:31:54 2008] : DM: You're led inside to a study or office where Jack is seated looking over some charts and papers. When you enter he hurridly tidies them away.
[Tue Apr 22 21:32:07 2008] : Dan: Dan ties his horse to a suitable hitching post
[Tue Apr 22 21:32:20 2008] : Jack: "Ah ha. The adventurers returns triumphant."
[Tue Apr 22 21:32:44 2008] : Adrin: "You expected anything else?"
[Tue Apr 22 21:32:52 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks at Oona
[Tue Apr 22 21:33:15 2008] : Jack: "I have here your 8000 gold pieces from the Mariners' Coucil."
[Tue Apr 22 21:33:20 2008] : Aliatra: "Maybe he didn't expect us to be triumphant, maybe he hoped we would be dead"
[Tue Apr 22 21:33:30 2008] : Jack: He drops big bag of gold onto his desk.
[Tue Apr 22 21:33:56 2008] : Jack: "I had every confidance in your success. How could you fail against a weedy wyvern?"
[Tue Apr 22 21:34:19 2008] : Adrin: "Wyvern? Do you want to come see this Wyverns head?"
[Tue Apr 22 21:34:35 2008] : Dan: "Yes, I'm assuming that you knew it wasn't a wyvern"
[Tue Apr 22 21:34:56 2008] : Dan: "Based on that comment"
[Tue Apr 22 21:35:46 2008] : Jack: "I could only relay the reports I received." Jack tries to look innocent.
[Tue Apr 22 21:36:03 2008] : Jack: "But what does it matter now? You have your reward."
[Tue Apr 22 21:36:05 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra grins
[Tue Apr 22 21:36:12 2008] : Dan: "I already suspected that it was not a wyvern before we left"
[Tue Apr 22 21:36:24 2008] : Aliatra: "So what were you studying when we came in?"
[Tue Apr 22 21:36:34 2008] : Dan: "We also have a substantial amount of green dragon skin"
[Tue Apr 22 21:36:44 2008] : Dan: "And a rather large head"
[Tue Apr 22 21:36:58 2008] : Dan: "Do you know anyone who might want such a trophy?"
[Tue Apr 22 21:37:41 2008] : Jack: "Hmmm. No, not really. They're not the sort of thing to hang on the wall."
[Tue Apr 22 21:38:03 2008] : Adrin: "You'd need a pretty big wall"
[Tue Apr 22 21:38:22 2008] : Dan: "Put it on a pillar?"
[Tue Apr 22 21:39:03 2008] : Jack: "Perhaps. Can't see anyone paying for it mind, if that's what you're after".
[Tue Apr 22 21:39:31 2008] : Oona: "But surely you know someone who would work the hide for us?"
[Tue Apr 22 21:39:37 2008] : Adrin: "Maybe the town could put it over the gates"
[Tue Apr 22 21:40:15 2008] : Dan: "How about the merchant guild?"
[Tue Apr 22 21:40:29 2008] : Dan: "What was their leasder's name again?"
[Tue Apr 22 21:40:31 2008] : Jack: "A 'donation from a noble and fearless adventuring troupe' is what the town or the guilds would call it."
[Tue Apr 22 21:40:40 2008] : Aliatra: "Yeah, especially if we tell them it will ward other dragons off"
[Tue Apr 22 21:41:20 2008] : Jack: Jack looks bored of the direction of this conversation.
[Tue Apr 22 21:41:47 2008] : Adrin: "How about we just leave it outside your house and you can hand it over to the town"
[Tue Apr 22 21:42:12 2008] : Jack: Jack shrugs in mostly indifferent agreement.
[Tue Apr 22 21:42:39 2008] : Oona: ooc brb
[Tue Apr 22 21:42:43 2008] : Dan: "Does the name Yolande mean anything to you Jack?"
[Tue Apr 22 21:43:25 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks closely at Jack
[Tue Apr 22 21:43:36 2008] : Jack: "Merchant based in Southtown, big in metal trading I think. Not really my line of work, metals."
[Tue Apr 22 21:43:40 2008] : Jack: "Why do you ask?"
[Tue Apr 22 21:44:33 2008] : Dan: "The dragon seemed to have some beef with him"
[Tue Apr 22 21:44:51 2008] : Jack: "Odd that."
[Tue Apr 22 21:44:59 2008] : Dan: "Indeed"
[Tue Apr 22 21:45:23 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra wonders if Jack knows as little as he lets on
[Tue Apr 22 21:45:28 2008] : Aliatra: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [19,8] = (27)
[Tue Apr 22 21:46:05 2008] : Aliatra: "Its hatred for Yolande seemed very real"
[Tue Apr 22 21:47:17 2008] : Jack: "Who knows the minds of dragons, eh?"
[Tue Apr 22 21:47:33 2008] : Jack: "Not me that's for sure". He chuckles.
[Tue Apr 22 21:48:09 2008] : Dan: "Well, who knows"
[Tue Apr 22 21:48:27 2008] : Dan: "Anyway, the seas should be clear for you now"
[Tue Apr 22 21:48:40 2008] : Dan: "We also stopped the pirates and the kuo-toa"
[Tue Apr 22 21:49:00 2008] : Dan: "Curiously they did not seem to me to be working with the dragon..."
[Tue Apr 22 21:49:04 2008] : Dan: "Odd that"
[Tue Apr 22 21:49:17 2008] : Jack: "Oh aye, about those pirates Captain Tranc of the Talon, the ship you raided, is mighty pissed."
[Tue Apr 22 21:49:34 2008] : Dan: "Good, good"
[Tue Apr 22 21:49:39 2008] : Jack: ooc why do you say that Dan?
[Tue Apr 22 21:49:46 2008] : Dan: "Lucky to be alive"
[Tue Apr 22 21:49:59 2008] : Dan: ooc just seemed that the dragon wasn't involved to me
[Tue Apr 22 21:50:17 2008] : Jack: "Rumour on the street is that he and his first mate and partner have hired a crew of mercenaries to hunt you down."
[Tue Apr 22 21:50:19 2008] : Dan: "He almost had his arms ripped off by 4 very large apes"
[Tue Apr 22 21:50:39 2008] : Aliatra: "Jack, I think you know more about Yolande then you're telling us. Why not break the habit of a lifetime and be straight with us?"
[Tue Apr 22 21:51:21 2008] : Adrin: "Mercenaries, eh? Its nice to be wanted"
[Tue Apr 22 21:51:33 2008] : Jack: "I know a lot that I don't tell."
[Tue Apr 22 21:51:49 2008] : Dan: "I hope that they have some nice gear for us to keep, or sell off"
[Tue Apr 22 21:51:53 2008] : Aliatra: "Yes, we gathered that"
[Tue Apr 22 21:52:16 2008] : Jack: Jack waits.
[Tue Apr 22 21:52:20 2008] : Aliatra: "Where is Yolande at the moment?"
[Tue Apr 22 21:52:54 2008] : Jack: "Southtown I expect. A man like him doesn't need to travel around."
[Tue Apr 22 21:53:35 2008] : Aliatra: "Have you ever heard that he has more money than can be accounted for?"
[Tue Apr 22 21:54:53 2008] : Jack: "Doesn't everyone?"
[Tue Apr 22 21:54:54 2008] : Oona: ooc back, sorry
[Tue Apr 22 21:55:56 2008] : Adrin: "I think we need to go pay him a visit"
[Tue Apr 22 21:56:29 2008] : Dan: "Perhaps"
[Tue Apr 22 21:56:32 2008] : Jack: ooc how are people for time?
[Tue Apr 22 21:56:32 2008] : Aliatra: "Do you know of any connections between Yolande and Marseine?"
[Tue Apr 22 21:56:39 2008] : Dan: ooc OK
[Tue Apr 22 21:56:49 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I'm not pressed
[Tue Apr 22 21:56:55 2008] : Oona: ooc I'm good
[Tue Apr 22 21:57:14 2008] : Adrin: ooc so-so. Not feeling great but if everyone else is ok then keep going
[Tue Apr 22 21:57:31 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Are you going to lie in tomorrow?
[Tue Apr 22 21:57:44 2008] : Jack: "No."
[Tue Apr 22 21:57:49 2008] : Adrin: ooc not sure whether to go to work or not
[Tue Apr 22 21:57:55 2008] : Oona: OOna says nothing this whole time, but slowly gets closer to Jack and tries to get a glimpse over the papers and charts he put away when we came in
[Tue Apr 22 21:58:00 2008] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [4,11] = (15)
[Tue Apr 22 21:58:50 2008] : Aliatra: "Any possible connections between him and pirates?"
[Tue Apr 22 22:00:07 2008] : Jack: Jack shrugs.
[Tue Apr 22 22:00:38 2008] : Jack: "I think you have everything you came for. Perhaps we shall meet again."
[Tue Apr 22 22:00:43 2008] : Dan: "Well, we should let you get back to your skullduggery"
[Tue Apr 22 22:00:56 2008] : Aliatra: "I would have estscted you to know, sailing up and down these coasts"
[Tue Apr 22 22:01:02 2008] : Aliatra: expected
[Tue Apr 22 22:01:04 2008] : Jack: Jack flashes a grin. "It's what I do best."
[Tue Apr 22 22:01:16 2008] : Dan: "Thanks for the gold Jack, I'm sure you got a reasonable finder's fee"
[Tue Apr 22 22:01:24 2008] : Jack: "There's a difference between knowing and telling Miss Nosey."
[Tue Apr 22 22:01:38 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra grins back "And don't we know it"
[Tue Apr 22 22:01:48 2008] : Adrin: Adrin lifts the gold and bids Jack farewell
[Tue Apr 22 22:01:52 2008] : Dan: "And now the waves are clear for Waveskimmer and her hidden holds"
[Tue Apr 22 22:02:00 2008] : Dan: "Adieu"
[Tue Apr 22 22:02:11 2008] : Dan: Dan nods and makes for the door
[Tue Apr 22 22:02:24 2008] : Aliatra: "Goodbye, Jack, see you later"
[Tue Apr 22 22:02:33 2008] : Oona: Oona follows
[Tue Apr 22 22:02:35 2008] : Aliatra: ooc brb
[Tue Apr 22 22:02:36 2008] : Jack: ooc I did have a combat lined up but I think I'll postpone it to next week.
[Tue Apr 22 22:02:41 2008] : Oona: "Bye Jack"
[Tue Apr 22 22:02:41 2008] : DM: GAME END