Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Apr 8 19:35:29 2008] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Apr 8 19:36:00 2008] : DM: The pirates are going to attack!
[Tue Apr 8 19:36:02 2008] : DM: Roll initiative
[Tue Apr 8 19:36:08 2008] : DM: [1d20+3] => [17,3] = (20)
[Tue Apr 8 19:36:24 2008] : Oona: Initiative: [1d20+9] => [5,9] = (14)
[Tue Apr 8 19:37:02 2008] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [4,7] = (11)
[Tue Apr 8 19:37:14 2008] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [13,5] = (18)
[Tue Apr 8 19:38:05 2008] : DM: One of the pirates incants and a blazing ball of fire streaks towards you englufing you in flame.
[Tue Apr 8 19:38:09 2008] : DM: Reflex saves
[Tue Apr 8 19:38:29 2008] : Aliatra: Reflex save: [1d20+6] => [2,6] = (8)
[Tue Apr 8 19:38:31 2008] : DM: Fire damage: [7d6] => [2,3,4,3,5,2,1] = (20) (save half)
[Tue Apr 8 19:38:36 2008] : Dan: Reflex save: [1d20+12] => [10,12] = (22)
[Tue Apr 8 19:39:06 2008] : Dan: Dan smiles as the flames harmlessly lick over him
[Tue Apr 8 19:39:28 2008] : Aliatra: "I did not need that"
[Tue Apr 8 19:39:34 2008] : Oona: Reflex save: [1d20+12] => [13,12] = (25)
[Tue Apr 8 19:39:44 2008] : Dan: ooc fireball? Which pirate?
[Tue Apr 8 19:39:44 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra shrugs as she feels the heat
[Tue Apr 8 19:40:02 2008] : Pirates: Crossbow bolts streak down at Dan from two pirates in the riggings.
[Tue Apr 8 19:40:05 2008] : Pirates: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+1] => [13,1] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Apr 8 19:40:06 2008] : Pirates: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+1] => [14,1] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [3,0] = (3)
[Tue Apr 8 19:40:29 2008] : Pirates: Other pirates fire on Ali
[Tue Apr 8 19:40:33 2008] : Pirates: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+1] => [19,1] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [7,0] = (7)
[Tue Apr 8 19:40:33 2008] : Pirates: Critical hit? [1d20+1] => [12,1] = (13) ===> Damage: [2d8+0] => [7,8,0] = (15)
[Tue Apr 8 19:40:34 2008] : Pirates: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+1] => [16,1] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [2,0] = (2)
[Tue Apr 8 19:40:34 2008] : Pirates: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+1] => [7,1] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [8,0] = (8)
[Tue Apr 8 19:40:35 2008] : Pirates: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+1] => [1,1] = (2) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [5,0] = (5)
[Tue Apr 8 19:40:47 2008] : Pirates: 7 damage Ali from a bolt.
[Tue Apr 8 19:41:18 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Apr 8 19:41:37 2008] : DM: The magic cast is on the aft of the ship. (#2)
[Tue Apr 8 19:41:49 2008] : Oona: ooc I'm hidden of sort. Or so you said earlier, in a cleft of the cliff :)
[Tue Apr 8 19:41:58 2008] : DM: The captain is nearby the sorcerer (#1)
[Tue Apr 8 19:42:13 2008] : DM: ooc yes, they look like they haven't seen you.
[Tue Apr 8 19:42:39 2008] : Dan: Dan moves, then begins casting a spell
[Tue Apr 8 19:42:41 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Apr 8 19:43:03 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Apr 8 19:43:55 2008] : Oona: Oona aims at the magic person and shoots (arrows+1)
[Tue Apr 8 19:44:18 2008] : Oona: ooc wait
[Tue Apr 8 19:44:20 2008] : Oona: ooc too far
[Tue Apr 8 19:44:42 2008] : Oona: ooc aim at 4
[Tue Apr 8 19:44:54 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (base): [1d20+13] => [13,13] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [4,5] = (9)
[Tue Apr 8 19:44:54 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (second): [1d20+8] => [9,8] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [6,5] = (11)
[Tue Apr 8 19:45:08 2008] : Oona: get back to my hiding place again
[Tue Apr 8 19:45:16 2008] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [16,15] = (31)
[Tue Apr 8 19:45:20 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Apr 8 19:45:40 2008] : DM: The pirate is skewered and falls screaming in pain into the water of the harbour.
[Tue Apr 8 19:45:59 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Apr 8 19:46:03 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra moves to join Dan and aims a spell at the spellcaster
[Tue Apr 8 19:46:18 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 3: Searing Light (lvl 3) Ray deals 1d8/two levels damage [2d8] => [4,5] = (9), more against undead
[Tue Apr 8 19:46:32 2008] : Aliatra: And done
[Tue Apr 8 19:46:44 2008] : DM: ranged touch attack
[Tue Apr 8 19:47:17 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Is that a standard touch attack?
[Tue Apr 8 19:47:21 2008] : Aliatra: Touch attack (base): [1d20+12] => [13,12] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Apr 8 19:47:22 2008] : Aliatra: Touch attack (second): [1d20+7] => [20,7] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Apr 8 19:47:22 2008] : Aliatra: Critical hit? [1d20+7] => [7,7] = (14) ===> Damage: [2d1-2] => [1,1,-2] = (0)
[Tue Apr 8 19:47:44 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Ah, well, natural 20 anyway
[Tue Apr 8 19:47:45 2008] : DM: ooc a ranged one using your dex bonus like any other ranged attack.
[Tue Apr 8 19:48:03 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Never thought to implement that
[Tue Apr 8 19:48:11 2008] : DM: ooc better do it now ;)
[Tue Apr 8 19:48:29 2008] : DM: ooc it would hit though
[Tue Apr 8 19:48:30 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Working on it as we speak :-P
[Tue Apr 8 19:48:41 2008] : DM: The ray sizzles the caster.
[Tue Apr 8 19:49:18 2008] : Pirates: The pirates attack, aiming their crossbows at Dan
[Tue Apr 8 19:49:20 2008] : Pirates: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+1] => [4,1] = (5) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [3,0] = (3)
[Tue Apr 8 19:49:21 2008] : Pirates: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+1] => [18,1] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [5,0] = (5)
[Tue Apr 8 19:49:31 2008] : Pirates: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+1] => [20,1] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Apr 8 19:49:31 2008] : Pirates: Critical hit? [1d20+1] => [20,1] = (21) ===> Damage: [2d8+0] => [8,7,0] = (15)
[Tue Apr 8 19:49:32 2008] : Pirates: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+1] => [17,1] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Apr 8 19:49:49 2008] : Pirates: And Ali
[Tue Apr 8 19:49:51 2008] : Pirates: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+1] => [19,1] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [2,0] = (2)
[Tue Apr 8 19:49:51 2008] : Pirates: Critical hit? [1d20+1] => [18,1] = (19) ===> Damage: [2d8+0] => [4,4,0] = (8)
[Tue Apr 8 19:49:51 2008] : Pirates: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+1] => [7,1] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [5,0] = (5)
[Tue Apr 8 19:50:06 2008] : Pirates: Dan, 1 damage. Ali, 2 damage.
[Tue Apr 8 19:50:12 2008] : Dan: Dan looks at the scratch and carries on casting
[Tue Apr 8 19:50:18 2008] : Dan: Concetration Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [3,13] = (16)
[Tue Apr 8 19:50:31 2008] : Pirates: The wizard casts a spell and flys into the air
[Tue Apr 8 19:51:01 2008] : Pirates: The caster casts a spell and flys into the air
[Tue Apr 8 19:51:12 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Apr 8 19:51:35 2008] : Dan: Summon 5...
[Tue Apr 8 19:51:39 2008] : Dan: [1d4+1] => [3,1] = (4)
[Tue Apr 8 19:51:47 2008] : Dan: Dan finishes casting Augmented Summon Monster V - Fiendish Dire Ape (Large magical beast): 57hp; 5 resist on cold and fire; Damage reduction 5/Magic; AC= 15 (13 FF, 11 Touch); SR = 10; Darkvision; Scent; Speed 30ft (walk) 15ft (climb)
[Tue Apr 8 19:51:49 2008] : Dan: Dan finishes casting Augmented Summon Monster V - Fiendish Dire Ape (Large magical beast): 57hp; 5 resist on cold and fire; Damage reduction 5/Magic; AC= 15 (13 FF, 11 Touch); SR = 10; Darkvision; Scent; Speed 30ft (walk) 15ft (climb)
[Tue Apr 8 19:51:49 2008] : Dan: Dan finishes casting Augmented Summon Monster V - Fiendish Dire Ape (Large magical beast): 57hp; 5 resist on cold and fire; Damage reduction 5/Magic; AC= 15 (13 FF, 11 Touch); SR = 10; Darkvision; Scent; Speed 30ft (walk) 15ft (climb)
[Tue Apr 8 19:51:50 2008] : Dan: Dan finishes casting Augmented Summon Monster V - Fiendish Dire Ape (Large magical beast): 57hp; 5 resist on cold and fire; Damage reduction 5/Magic; AC= 15 (13 FF, 11 Touch); SR = 10; Darkvision; Scent; Speed 30ft (walk) 15ft (climb)
[Tue Apr 8 19:52:04 2008] : Dan: ooc 4 apes if you please DM
[Tue Apr 8 19:52:11 2008] : Dan: ooc 45ft from me
[Tue Apr 8 19:52:13 2008] : Aliatra: ooc How many did you summon? ;-)
[Tue Apr 8 19:52:40 2008] : Dan: ooc sorry, wrong apes!
[Tue Apr 8 19:52:46 2008] : Dan: Dan finishes casting Augmented Summon Monster III - Fiendish Ape (Large magical beast): 41hp; 5 resist on cold and fire; Damage reduction 5/Magic; AC= 14 (12 FF, 11 Touch); SR = 9; Darkvision; Scent; Speed 30ft (walk and climb)
[Tue Apr 8 19:52:47 2008] : Dan: Dan finishes casting Augmented Summon Monster III - Fiendish Ape (Large magical beast): 41hp; 5 resist on cold and fire; Damage reduction 5/Magic; AC= 14 (12 FF, 11 Touch); SR = 9; Darkvision; Scent; Speed 30ft (walk and climb)
[Tue Apr 8 19:53:04 2008] : Dan: ooc you get the picture - 4 of them!
[Tue Apr 8 19:53:53 2008] : Dan: ooc thanks :)
[Tue Apr 8 19:54:31 2008] : Dan: ooc on 5 and 6
[Tue Apr 8 19:54:37 2008] : Dan: Augmented Fiendish Ape: Claw attack (treat as magical) [1d20+9] => [20,9] = (29) ==> Damage: [1d6+7] => [4,7] = (11)
[Tue Apr 8 19:54:39 2008] : Dan: Augmented Fiendish Ape: Claw attack (treat as magical) [1d20+9] => [10,9] = (19) ==> Damage: [1d6+7] => [4,7] = (11)
[Tue Apr 8 19:54:44 2008] : Dan: Augmented Fiendish Ape: Claw attack (treat as magical) [1d20+9] => [12,9] = (21) ==> Damage: [1d6+7] => [5,7] = (12)
[Tue Apr 8 19:54:45 2008] : Dan: Augmented Fiendish Ape: Claw attack (treat as magical) [1d20+9] => [4,9] = (13) ==> Damage: [1d6+7] => [4,7] = (11)
[Tue Apr 8 19:54:52 2008] : Dan: ooc crit on 5?
[Tue Apr 8 19:54:56 2008] : Dan: Augmented Fiendish Ape: Claw attack (treat as magical) [1d20+9] => [12,9] = (21) ==> Damage: [1d6+7] => [5,7] = (12)
[Tue Apr 8 19:55:15 2008] : DM: ooc they don't need to crit
[Tue Apr 8 19:55:16 2008] : Dan: Dan casts a spell at the spellcaster
[Tue Apr 8 19:55:31 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Phantasmal Killer (level 4): Fearsome illusion kills subject or deals [3d6] => [2,4,2] = (8) damage (Will save for disbelief, then fortitude vs death effect - DC 20)
[Tue Apr 8 19:55:40 2008] : DM: Two pirates are torn limb from limb
[Tue Apr 8 19:55:42 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Apr 8 19:55:55 2008] : DM: Will save: [1d20+6] => [15,6] = (21)
[Tue Apr 8 19:55:56 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Sounds gruesome
[Tue Apr 8 19:56:15 2008] : Dan: ooc ooh... almost ;)
[Tue Apr 8 19:56:16 2008] : DM: The spellcaster smirks at your poorly planned illusion.
[Tue Apr 8 19:56:24 2008] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Apr 8 19:56:30 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Apr 8 19:56:35 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Apr 8 19:56:49 2008] : Oona: ooc tell the range of your summon could not be more important :)
[Tue Apr 8 19:56:51 2008] : Oona: ooc damned
[Tue Apr 8 19:58:04 2008] : Oona: oooc ounting the squares, lol
[Tue Apr 8 19:58:47 2008] : Oona: Oona aims at #9
[Tue Apr 8 19:59:04 2008] : Oona: ooc take only one attack cos I'm gonna move and try to hide further
[Tue Apr 8 19:59:07 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (base): [1d20+13] => [2,13] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [6,5] = (11)
[Tue Apr 8 19:59:07 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (second): [1d20+8] => [7,8] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [2,5] = (7)
[Tue Apr 8 19:59:30 2008] : Oona: Ona slowly creeps out of her cleft and looks for another wone, closer to the boat
[Tue Apr 8 19:59:51 2008] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [17,15] = (32)
[Tue Apr 8 19:59:58 2008] : DM: Oona snipes another pirate.
[Tue Apr 8 20:00:28 2008] : DM: Ali?
[Tue Apr 8 20:00:50 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra moves forward and fires her bow at #8
[Tue Apr 8 20:01:11 2008] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, MW (base): [1d20+13] => [19,13] = (32) ===> Damage: [1d8+5] => [3,5] = (8)
[Tue Apr 8 20:01:11 2008] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, MW (second): [1d20+8] => [15,8] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d8+5] => [6,5] = (11)
[Tue Apr 8 20:01:26 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Apr 8 20:01:31 2008] : DM: Another pirate dies.
[Tue Apr 8 20:01:45 2008] : Aliatra: "Ready to give up yet?"
[Tue Apr 8 20:01:59 2008] : DM: His body toppling out of the riggings to land with sickening splay on the deck.
[Tue Apr 8 20:02:42 2008] : Pirates: The caster shoots another fireball at the apes.
[Tue Apr 8 20:02:47 2008] : Pirates: [7d6] => [4,5,4,3,2,4,1] = (23)
[Tue Apr 8 20:02:55 2008] : Pirates: Reflex saves for the apes.
[Tue Apr 8 20:03:00 2008] : Dan: Augmented Fiendish Ape: Reflex Save [1d20+6] => [13,6] = (19)
[Tue Apr 8 20:03:01 2008] : Dan: Augmented Fiendish Ape: Reflex Save [1d20+6] => [8,6] = (14)
[Tue Apr 8 20:03:02 2008] : Dan: Augmented Fiendish Ape: Reflex Save [1d20+6] => [7,6] = (13)
[Tue Apr 8 20:03:02 2008] : Dan: Augmented Fiendish Ape: Reflex Save [1d20+6] => [9,6] = (15)
[Tue Apr 8 20:03:18 2008] : Pirates: Ape 1 saves, the rest don't.
[Tue Apr 8 20:03:29 2008] : Dan: ooc ok
[Tue Apr 8 20:04:12 2008] : Pirates: At Dan:
[Tue Apr 8 20:04:17 2008] : Pirates: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+1] => [6,1] = (7) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] => [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Apr 8 20:04:47 2008] : Pirates: The last pirate crew on desk throws down his weapons and dives overboard and starts swimming away
[Tue Apr 8 20:05:16 2008] : Oona: ooc lol
[Tue Apr 8 20:05:23 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Apr 8 20:05:34 2008] : DM: no wait
[Tue Apr 8 20:05:42 2008] : Dan: The nearest ape goes for the last pirate (climb = 30)
[Tue Apr 8 20:05:50 2008] : Dan: Augmented Fiendish Ape: Claw attack (treat as magical) [1d20+9] => [11,9] = (20) ==> Damage: [1d6+7] => [2,7] = (9)
[Tue Apr 8 20:05:57 2008] : Aliatra: "He seems to think we're winning"
[Tue Apr 8 20:06:12 2008] : DM: The ape pulls the woman screaming from the riggings.
[Tue Apr 8 20:07:25 2008] : DM: Meanwhile, the captain has darted into his ship and the sounds of bars being drawn can be heard.
[Tue Apr 8 20:07:30 2008] : DM: Carry on Dan.
[Tue Apr 8 20:08:00 2008] : Dan (enter): 20:08
[Tue Apr 8 20:08:03 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Equal oppurtunity carnage
[Tue Apr 8 20:08:09 2008] : Dan: ooc was I the only one booted?
[Tue Apr 8 20:08:16 2008] : DM: ooc so it seems
[Tue Apr 8 20:08:20 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I believe so
[Tue Apr 8 20:08:25 2008] : Dan: Booting '(10) Dan' from server...
[Tue Apr 8 20:08:26 2008] : Dan (exit): 20:08
[Tue Apr 8 20:08:43 2008] : Dan: Other apes climb aboard and move towards the remaining guys
[Tue Apr 8 20:09:09 2008] : Dan: ooc is the caster all the way over the land?
[Tue Apr 8 20:09:45 2008] : DM: ooc no, that's the captain who's hiding in his cabin.
[Tue Apr 8 20:09:52 2008] : Dan: ooc, ah OK
[Tue Apr 8 20:10:01 2008] : DM: I said: Meanwhile, the captain has darted into his ship and the sounds of bars being drawn can be heard.
[Tue Apr 8 20:10:26 2008] : DM: There's no one left for the apes to kill.
[Tue Apr 8 20:10:38 2008] : Dan: Dan moves closer and casts at the caster
[Tue Apr 8 20:10:40 2008] : DM: Unless they're smart enough to break down a door.
[Tue Apr 8 20:10:54 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Fireball (level 3): Blasts a 20ft radius with fire dealing [9d6] => [4,5,4,2,1,4,3,1,2] = (26) fire damage (Reflex save DC 19 for half damage)
[Tue Apr 8 20:11:03 2008] : DM: Reflex save: [1d20+4] => [14,4] = (18)
[Tue Apr 8 20:11:06 2008] : Oona: ooc huh?
[Tue Apr 8 20:11:21 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Apr 8 20:11:28 2008] : Oona: ooc ah, the caster is flying isn't he?
[Tue Apr 8 20:11:37 2008] : DM: A charred and smoking sorcerer tumbles out of the sky and splashes, sizzling into the sea.
[Tue Apr 8 20:11:46 2008] : DM: ooc not any more.
[Tue Apr 8 20:11:59 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's break open some doors"
[Tue Apr 8 20:11:59 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Apr 8 20:12:04 2008] : Dan: ooc I missed the comment on the captain when I dropped out
[Tue Apr 8 20:12:18 2008] : Oona: Oona darts onboard to the door
[Tue Apr 8 20:12:29 2008] : Oona: ooc running
[Tue Apr 8 20:12:38 2008] : DM: ooc can only run in a straight line
[Tue Apr 8 20:12:49 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, seems I may have gone a little overboard here, no pun intended"
[Tue Apr 8 20:12:50 2008] : Oona: ooc ok
[Tue Apr 8 20:12:50 2008] : DM: ooc double move instead.
[Tue Apr 8 20:12:57 2008] : Oona: ok, double move then
[Tue Apr 8 20:13:09 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Apr 8 20:13:13 2008] : Aliatra: "We live, they died, all's good"
[Tue Apr 8 20:13:25 2008] : DM: Ali?
[Tue Apr 8 20:13:36 2008] : Dan: ooc There is no overkill... Only open fire, and reload!
[Tue Apr 8 20:13:39 2008] : Aliatra: Moving to the ship
[Tue Apr 8 20:14:06 2008] : Aliatra: ooc No more enemies in sight, right?
[Tue Apr 8 20:14:09 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Apr 8 20:14:21 2008] : Oona: ooc where's the door?
[Tue Apr 8 20:14:49 2008] : DM: ooc in orange on the map
[Tue Apr 8 20:15:21 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Apr 8 20:15:38 2008] : Dan: ooc can they just smash in general at the bulheads etc?
[Tue Apr 8 20:15:46 2008] : Dan: ooc bulkheads
[Tue Apr 8 20:16:38 2008] : DM: ooc How smart are you apes?
[Tue Apr 8 20:16:56 2008] : Dan: ooc not very probably
[Tue Apr 8 20:17:18 2008] : Dan: ooc Int=2
[Tue Apr 8 20:17:23 2008] : DM: ooc not smart enough
[Tue Apr 8 20:17:27 2008] : Dan: Augmented Fiendish Ape: Listen Check [1d20+6] => [3,6] = (9)
[Tue Apr 8 20:17:37 2008] : Dan: Dan moves with the others
[Tue Apr 8 20:17:52 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Apr 8 20:18:13 2008] : Oona: ooc brb
[Tue Apr 8 20:18:48 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Apr 8 20:21:13 2008] : Oona: ooc back
[Tue Apr 8 20:21:35 2008] : Oona: Oona goes further to the door
[Tue Apr 8 20:21:57 2008] : Oona: ooc double move
[Tue Apr 8 20:21:59 2008] : Oona: done
[Tue Apr 8 20:22:03 2008] : DM: Ali?
[Tue Apr 8 20:22:57 2008] : Aliatra: Joining Oona
[Tue Apr 8 20:23:23 2008] : Aliatra: Putting bow away and getting greatsword out
[Tue Apr 8 20:23:26 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Apr 8 20:23:55 2008] : DM: You hear a splash from the aft of the ship
[Tue Apr 8 20:23:59 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Apr 8 20:24:10 2008] : Dan: Dan orders the apes to move a little to get them out of the way
[Tue Apr 8 20:24:44 2008] : Dan: Dan steps back and watches for anyone - Magic missile readied for a swimmer heading for the dock
[Tue Apr 8 20:24:48 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Apr 8 20:25:08 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Apr 8 20:25:46 2008] : Oona: "We need to open this door"
[Tue Apr 8 20:25:50 2008] : Oona: "Can your apes help here?"
[Tue Apr 8 20:26:06 2008] : Oona: "Because I think that I can"t do much against bars"
[Tue Apr 8 20:26:21 2008] : Oona: Oona examinses the door nonetheless
[Tue Apr 8 20:26:43 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [17,15] = (32)
[Tue Apr 8 20:26:55 2008] : DM: It's been barred but not locked or trapped.
[Tue Apr 8 20:26:55 2008] : Oona: ooc trying to see where the door is the weakest. Or something.
[Tue Apr 8 20:27:13 2008] : Oona: "OK, Dan, your call!"
[Tue Apr 8 20:27:15 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Apr 8 20:27:17 2008] : DM: ooc actually a bar is stupid.
[Tue Apr 8 20:27:22 2008] : DM: The door is locked only.
[Tue Apr 8 20:27:28 2008] : Oona: ooc ok,
[Tue Apr 8 20:27:40 2008] : Oona: Oona examines the lock and start to pick it
[Tue Apr 8 20:27:44 2008] : Oona: Open Lock Skill Check: [1d20+17] => [1,17] = (18)
[Tue Apr 8 20:27:48 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Apr 8 20:27:50 2008] : DM: It clicks open.
[Tue Apr 8 20:27:52 2008] : DM: Ali?
[Tue Apr 8 20:28:23 2008] : Aliatra: Staying with Oona, leaving any swimmers to Dan
[Tue Apr 8 20:28:35 2008] : Aliatra: "Do I go in or will you?"
[Tue Apr 8 20:29:33 2008] : Oona: "Go in, I'll follow"
[Tue Apr 8 20:29:51 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes in
[Tue Apr 8 20:30:11 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra takes a look around her
[Tue Apr 8 20:30:20 2008] : Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [2,2] = (4)
[Tue Apr 8 20:30:40 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra doesn't see a thing and so just stands there
[Tue Apr 8 20:30:42 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Apr 8 20:31:11 2008] : DM: It's a single cabin, a narrow bed along one wall and a table covered in charts on the other. A window to the rear is open. There is no one inside.
[Tue Apr 8 20:31:34 2008] : DM: An opened wooden box sits on the table and their a large trunk or chest by the table.
[Tue Apr 8 20:32:04 2008] : DM: 833 XP for level 9 people, 1050 for anyone still level 8.
[Tue Apr 8 20:33:15 2008] : Oona: ooc rahhhh
[Tue Apr 8 20:33:21 2008] : Oona: ooc lacking 200 XP :)
[Tue Apr 8 20:34:48 2008] : Dan: Dan keeps watching
[Tue Apr 8 20:34:51 2008] : Oona: Oona examines the chest by the table
[Tue Apr 8 20:34:55 2008] : Oona: ooc is that open too?
[Tue Apr 8 20:35:01 2008] : DM: It's not open.
[Tue Apr 8 20:35:18 2008] : DM: You still don't see anyone, Dan.
[Tue Apr 8 20:35:39 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [17,15] = (32)
[Tue Apr 8 20:35:54 2008] : Oona: looking for traps and examining the lock on the chest if its' locked
[Tue Apr 8 20:36:08 2008] : DM: It's not trapped, nor is it locked.
[Tue Apr 8 20:37:25 2008] : Oona: Oona opens the chest
[Tue Apr 8 20:37:47 2008] : DM: It contains clothes and other ordinary unexciting items.
[Tue Apr 8 20:38:32 2008] : Oona: Oona examines the open wooden box
[Tue Apr 8 20:38:40 2008] : Oona: trying to see if I can make out what it contained
[Tue Apr 8 20:38:43 2008] : Oona: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [2,7] = (9)
[Tue Apr 8 20:38:51 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [19,15] = (34)
[Tue Apr 8 20:39:12 2008] : DM: Nope. It's just an empty wooden box.
[Tue Apr 8 20:39:46 2008] : Oona: Oona searches the room for anything of interest
[Tue Apr 8 20:39:49 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [1,15] = (16)
[Tue Apr 8 20:40:35 2008] : DM: A recently used potion bottle, the dregs still inside has rolled under the bed. There's nothing else in the cabin.
[Tue Apr 8 20:41:08 2008] : Oona: ooc how recently?
[Tue Apr 8 20:41:22 2008] : Oona: Oona calls on Ali:
[Tue Apr 8 20:41:32 2008] : DM: About 4 rounds.
[Tue Apr 8 20:41:33 2008] : Oona: "Can you make out what potion was in here?"
[Tue Apr 8 20:41:40 2008] : DM: spell craft check
[Tue Apr 8 20:42:04 2008] : Aliatra: "Let me see"
[Tue Apr 8 20:42:09 2008] : Aliatra: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [19,2] = (21)
[Tue Apr 8 20:42:15 2008] : Oona: ooc dice for HP (preparing levelling up)
[Tue Apr 8 20:42:20 2008] : Oona: [1d6] => [3] = (3)
[Tue Apr 8 20:42:31 2008] : DM: You don't identify it.
[Tue Apr 8 20:42:33 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra examines the bottle and the dregs
[Tue Apr 8 20:43:24 2008] : Oona: "Stay here Ali, I'll be back. I have a hunch this potion is important"
[Tue Apr 8 20:43:31 2008] : Oona: "Guard the door"
[Tue Apr 8 20:43:42 2008] : Oona: Oona goes out with the potion in hand and goes to Dan
[Tue Apr 8 20:43:47 2008] : Oona: "Can you identify this?"
[Tue Apr 8 20:44:03 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I could guess though ;-)
[Tue Apr 8 20:44:28 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes outside as well, seeing as there's nobody to fight here
[Tue Apr 8 20:44:52 2008] : Dan: "Keep an eye on the water while I look"
[Tue Apr 8 20:45:02 2008] : Dan: Dan looks at the potion bottle
[Tue Apr 8 20:45:03 2008] : Aliatra: "Sure thing, Dan"
[Tue Apr 8 20:45:08 2008] : Oona: Oona searches the water
[Tue Apr 8 20:45:11 2008] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+20] => [18,20] = (38)
[Tue Apr 8 20:45:15 2008] : Oona: "I asked you to stay there Ali!"
[Tue Apr 8 20:45:25 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra switches her sword for her crossbow again as she peers over the water
[Tue Apr 8 20:45:27 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [6,15] = (21)
[Tue Apr 8 20:45:29 2008] : DM: It's a potion of water breathing.
[Tue Apr 8 20:45:43 2008] : Dan: "Well, we can probably stop looking"
[Tue Apr 8 20:45:50 2008] : Aliatra: "And get bored to death? Why would I want to?"
[Tue Apr 8 20:46:06 2008] : Dan: "He's taken a potion of water breathing and could be under for quite some time
[Tue Apr 8 20:46:07 2008] : Oona: "I thought it might have been invisibility or something"
[Tue Apr 8 20:46:16 2008] : Oona: "Oh well indeed. We won't find him now"
[Tue Apr 8 20:46:26 2008] : Dan: "In case he'd become invisible and thrown something out of the window"
[Tue Apr 8 20:46:41 2008] : Dan: "In order to make us think he'd swum for it"
[Tue Apr 8 20:47:04 2008] : Aliatra: "Ah, never crossed my mind"
[Tue Apr 8 20:47:41 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I thought of Water breathing straight away and I guess that might have influenced Aliatra's actions slightly ;-)
[Tue Apr 8 20:47:59 2008] : Oona: ooc I never thought of water breathing :)
[Tue Apr 8 20:48:15 2008] : Oona: "Well, let's search that boat"
[Tue Apr 8 20:48:28 2008] : Oona: Oona starts snooping around
[Tue Apr 8 20:48:33 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Apr 8 20:48:45 2008] : Oona: with goggles, just in case :)
[Tue Apr 8 20:48:46 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [19,15] = (34)
[Tue Apr 8 20:48:55 2008] : Aliatra: "How long can he stay under, Dan?"
[Tue Apr 8 20:49:06 2008] : Oona: ooc looking for hidden compartments and stuff like that as well.
[Tue Apr 8 20:49:15 2008] : DM: The lower deck contains the crews personal effects and hammocks and the hold is empty except for food and water and rum supplies.
[Tue Apr 8 20:49:34 2008] : DM: There are no hidden compartments.
[Tue Apr 8 20:49:52 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [10,18] = (28)
[Tue Apr 8 20:49:56 2008] : Dan: "It's a medium level spell, I'd say 3 hours or so"
[Tue Apr 8 20:50:15 2008] : DM: ooc at least 10 hours.
[Tue Apr 8 20:50:41 2008] : Dan: "On second thought, it may be even longer"
[Tue Apr 8 20:50:43 2008] : Aliatra: "A bit too long to wait for him here, then, he'll not surface near the harbour if he's got any brains at all"
[Tue Apr 8 20:51:03 2008] : Dan: "Anyway, enough that he could walk or swim quite some distance"
[Tue Apr 8 20:51:26 2008] : Aliatra: "We need to find that cart if we want answers, I believe"
[Tue Apr 8 20:51:50 2008] : Dan: "What do we do with the boat?"
[Tue Apr 8 20:52:29 2008] : Dan: "Give it to the locals?"
[Tue Apr 8 20:52:50 2008] : Oona: "Sounds good, but what prevents the captain from claiming it again?"
[Tue Apr 8 20:53:20 2008] : Dan: "No idea"
[Tue Apr 8 20:53:32 2008] : Aliatra: "Hmm, good question"
[Tue Apr 8 20:53:37 2008] : Dan: "The other person saying it's theirs now?"
[Tue Apr 8 20:54:11 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's get the law here and explain things, that might be helpful"
[Tue Apr 8 20:55:42 2008] : Dan: "I'm not sure how much 'law' there is here"
[Tue Apr 8 20:56:01 2008] : Dan: "But there's seemingly a town guard at the very least"
[Tue Apr 8 20:56:10 2008] : DM: ooc The "law" consists of a handful of watchmen.
[Tue Apr 8 20:57:38 2008] : Aliatra: "But let's first take a look at what we don't want to give away"
[Tue Apr 8 20:57:51 2008] : Dan: "Yes ,
[Tue Apr 8 20:58:05 2008] : Dan: "There may be some of our own ingots on here"
[Tue Apr 8 20:58:30 2008] : DM: ooc Oona already searched the ship, it's empty except for supplies and the crew's personal effects.
[Tue Apr 8 20:59:46 2008] : Dan: ooc I wasn't there :P
[Tue Apr 8 21:00:18 2008] : Oona: ooc huh?
[Tue Apr 8 21:00:28 2008] : Oona: ooc you were too :P
[Tue Apr 8 21:00:41 2008] : Oona: "There is nothing of value here"
[Tue Apr 8 21:00:57 2008] : Oona: "Except the rum maybe" Oona grins
[Tue Apr 8 21:00:58 2008] : Dan: "Oh, ok"
[Tue Apr 8 21:01:30 2008] : DM: ooc there is about 18 gp in silver and copper pieces.
[Tue Apr 8 21:02:16 2008] : Oona: "And that"
[Tue Apr 8 21:02:24 2008] : Oona: Oona shows the GPs
[Tue Apr 8 21:02:31 2008] : Oona: sorry the silver
[Tue Apr 8 21:02:45 2008] : Oona: Oona trickles the many coins
[Tue Apr 8 21:02:55 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, so the cargo was due with the wagon then?"
[Tue Apr 8 21:03:25 2008] : Oona: "I suppose so"
[Tue Apr 8 21:05:21 2008] : Dan: "Well, let's report our findings to the local watch, and go out looking for the wagon"
[Tue Apr 8 21:05:24 2008] : Oona: "Shall we go? I think we need to look if we can still stop this wagon"
[Tue Apr 8 21:05:30 2008] : Oona: "Before the captain gets to it"
[Tue Apr 8 21:06:06 2008] : Aliatra: "Getting there before the captain would be nice, luckily we have horses"
[Tue Apr 8 21:08:23 2008] : Dan: "I doubt that we'll need them"
[Tue Apr 8 21:08:34 2008] : Dan: "Let's go and find the guard"
[Tue Apr 8 21:08:50 2008] : Oona: "Do we really need to reprot? I mean we killed the crew, do you think the captain can retake the ship?"
[Tue Apr 8 21:09:02 2008] : Oona: "I believe that inding that swagon should be our priority now"
[Tue Apr 8 21:09:19 2008] : Dan: "Well, it looks bad if we don't at least give a brief account"
[Tue Apr 8 21:09:36 2008] : Dan: "We don't want to acquire a label as killers"
[Tue Apr 8 21:09:43 2008] : Dan: "They attacked us first"
[Tue Apr 8 21:10:04 2008] : Aliatra: "No, we might end up either in jail or killing those guards and I don't fancy either choice"
[Tue Apr 8 21:10:09 2008] : Oona: "right"
[Tue Apr 8 21:10:19 2008] : Oona: "Let's stop talking and go?"
[Tue Apr 8 21:10:39 2008] : Oona: Oona swiftly leaves the boat
[Tue Apr 8 21:10:41 2008] : Aliatra: "Just a quick run down there and then we go find a woman about a cart"
[Tue Apr 8 21:11:03 2008] : Dan: "Well, the guard can't jail us"
[Tue Apr 8 21:11:16 2008] : Dan: "We would easily overpower them"
[Tue Apr 8 21:11:38 2008] : Dan: "So we report, and subdue if they try to detain us, but only subdue"
[Tue Apr 8 21:11:55 2008] : Dan: "Agreed?"
[Tue Apr 8 21:12:11 2008] : Aliatra: "I propose we remain on horseback if at all possible"
[Tue Apr 8 21:12:16 2008] : Dan: Dan follows Oona
[Tue Apr 8 21:12:40 2008] : Watchman: "Oi, you there!" calls a watchman.
[Tue Apr 8 21:12:40 2008] : Aliatra: "And definitely no killing of the guard"
[Tue Apr 8 21:12:57 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra joins them
[Tue Apr 8 21:13:03 2008] : Dan: "Hello officer"
[Tue Apr 8 21:13:14 2008] : Aliatra: "Just the man we want to speak"
[Tue Apr 8 21:13:19 2008] : Watchman: "What's been going on?"
[Tue Apr 8 21:13:47 2008] : Dan: "We approached that boat, and were set upon"
[Tue Apr 8 21:14:12 2008] : Dan: "At which point, we retaliated"
[Tue Apr 8 21:14:31 2008] : Watchman: "Aye, doesn't surprise me. Pirates are are twitchy bunch."
[Tue Apr 8 21:14:32 2008] : Dan: "And by set upon, I mean that we were fireballed as we approached"
[Tue Apr 8 21:14:45 2008] : Watchman: "Law says that their ships is yours now."
[Tue Apr 8 21:15:07 2008] : Dan: Dan looks a little surprised
[Tue Apr 8 21:15:22 2008] : Dan: "Is there a berthing charge?"
[Tue Apr 8 21:15:27 2008] : Oona: "Oh"
[Tue Apr 8 21:15:38 2008] : Watchman: "Docking fee is paid-up 'til the end of the week. But after that it'll cost yer 20 gold a day."
[Tue Apr 8 21:15:54 2008] : Dan: "That seems incredibly steep"
[Tue Apr 8 21:16:04 2008] : Aliatra: "Any chance of us selling that ship here?"
[Tue Apr 8 21:16:22 2008] : Oona: "Why do we need to sell it?"
[Tue Apr 8 21:16:34 2008] : Watchman: He laughs. "No one round here wants a pirate ship."
[Tue Apr 8 21:16:39 2008] : Aliatra: "Just asking"
[Tue Apr 8 21:16:39 2008] : Oona: Oona takes Ali and Dan apart for a second
[Tue Apr 8 21:17:03 2008] : Oona: F"Farnkly, what are we going to do with this ship? Let us give it to the harbour. Or sink it."
[Tue Apr 8 21:17:13 2008] : Dan: "Is that a levy for arrears? How much is advanced payment?"
[Tue Apr 8 21:17:43 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's leave that decision until we return here. It can wait until tonight, can't it?"
[Tue Apr 8 21:18:01 2008] : Dan: "We could attempt to draw out the dragon... However, that leave us in the same position as the merchants who succumbed to it"
[Tue Apr 8 21:18:04 2008] : Watchman: "Pay in advance."
[Tue Apr 8 21:18:18 2008] : Dan: "It can wait until the end of the week seemingly"
[Tue Apr 8 21:18:49 2008] : Aliatra: "So let's go, we have more pressing business at hand"
[Tue Apr 8 21:18:59 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra heads for the horses
[Tue Apr 8 21:19:57 2008] : Oona: "Yes"
[Tue Apr 8 21:20:07 2008] : Dan: "Let's be off"
[Tue Apr 8 21:20:10 2008] : Oona: Oona kicks her horse and goes
[Tue Apr 8 21:20:50 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra rides off
[Tue Apr 8 21:21:42 2008] : Dan: Dan keeps in the middle
[Tue Apr 8 21:21:58 2008] : Watchman: As you approach the cave late in the afternoon you see the cart parked by the side of the road.
[Tue Apr 8 21:22:35 2008] : Aliatra: "Damn!"
[Tue Apr 8 21:23:22 2008] : Dan: "What?"
[Tue Apr 8 21:23:47 2008] : DM: There's no horse.
[Tue Apr 8 21:23:47 2008] : Dan: "Let's go and see what gives"
[Tue Apr 8 21:24:20 2008] : Aliatra: oof I misread cave for gate. Oops
[Tue Apr 8 21:24:30 2008] : Dan: "Do you think that they rode off on a carthorse with no saddle?"
[Tue Apr 8 21:24:49 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra dismounts and goes to the entrance of the cave
[Tue Apr 8 21:24:59 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I never did curse ;-)
[Tue Apr 8 21:25:34 2008] : Aliatra: Softly: "Do you want to do the honours, Oona?"
[Tue Apr 8 21:25:37 2008] : Oona: "I wouldn't know"
[Tue Apr 8 21:25:54 2008] : Oona: Oona dismounts and follows Ali, keeping to the shadows
[Tue Apr 8 21:26:45 2008] : DM: The cave is as you left it, the goods are still there and there is no one else there.
[Tue Apr 8 21:28:00 2008] : Dan: "So, it looks like all the threads to this mystery have ended"
[Tue Apr 8 21:28:28 2008] : Dan: "Mostly in violence, but two key players have got away"
[Tue Apr 8 21:28:52 2008] : Dan: "I suggest that we search for the pirate captain"
[Tue Apr 8 21:28:53 2008] : Oona: "I am a bit frustrated though"
[Tue Apr 8 21:29:03 2008] : Oona: "Yes, we need to be on the lookout for this man"
[Tue Apr 8 21:29:24 2008] : Aliatra: "That horse did not vanish into thin air, where is it?"
[Tue Apr 8 21:29:33 2008] : Dan: "He can't stay underwater forever, and as a human he'd tire pretty quickly when swimming, so he can't have gone far from town before surfacing"
[Tue Apr 8 21:29:48 2008] : Dan: "Do you think that they rode off on a carthorse with no saddle?"
[Tue Apr 8 21:29:55 2008] : Dan: "I asked that earlier"
[Tue Apr 8 21:30:17 2008] : Oona: "I don't know"
[Tue Apr 8 21:30:35 2008] : Oona: Oona attempts to read the tracks if she can
[Tue Apr 8 21:30:41 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [16,15] = (31)
[Tue Apr 8 21:30:45 2008] : Aliatra: "They might have, seeing as that might be better for the horse than a cart, but shouldn't we still be able to find tracks or something?"
[Tue Apr 8 21:30:48 2008] : Oona: searching for clues"
[Tue Apr 8 21:31:26 2008] : DM: It looks like she headed west back to the town you first arrived at.
[Tue Apr 8 21:32:22 2008] : Aliatra: "We know they didn't return to the harbourtown, they probably would not go into the wilderness, being a seacaptin cum pirate and an old crone, so they probably went in the direction we came from, after meeting Honest Jack"
[Tue Apr 8 21:33:05 2008] : DM: ooc where did "old crone" come from?
[Tue Apr 8 21:33:25 2008] : Aliatra: ooc My head :-P
[Tue Apr 8 21:34:16 2008] : Dan: "I doubt the pirate beat us here"
[Tue Apr 8 21:34:35 2008] : Aliatra: ooc We're young adventurers, compared to us everybody is *old*
[Tue Apr 8 21:34:41 2008] : Dan: "He's got to be back towards the village, or even on the other side"
[Tue Apr 8 21:34:50 2008] : Dan: ooc Dan is 145
[Tue Apr 8 21:35:01 2008] : Oona: ooc that's like... young :)
[Tue Apr 8 21:36:21 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Apr 8 21:37:05 2008] : DM: ooc I think I'm going to end it here. I messed up by having the captain escape and don't know what to do next.
[Tue Apr 8 21:37:08 2008] : Aliatra: "If that's so we have no idea where he went, but we should be able to catch the woman"
[Tue Apr 8 21:37:08 2008] : DM: GAME END