Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Apr 1 19:24:27 2008] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Apr 1 19:26:14 2008] : DM: You're continuing east along the rough and potholed, old coast road.
[Tue Apr 1 19:26:42 2008] : DM: You notice a horse and cart approaching from the east, it's plodding along and the driver hasn't noticed you yet.
[Tue Apr 1 19:26:57 2008] : Adrin: "Wonder who this guy is"
[Tue Apr 1 19:27:06 2008] : Dan: Dan reins in his horse and waits at the side of the road
[Tue Apr 1 19:27:37 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra waits with Dan, hand near her sword, but not drawing it yet
[Tue Apr 1 19:27:44 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's find out"
[Tue Apr 1 19:27:58 2008] : DM: ooc what are everyone's sense motive rolls?
[Tue Apr 1 19:28:16 2008] : Oona: Oona stops her horse and examines the coming cart
[Tue Apr 1 19:28:22 2008] : Aliatra: +6
[Tue Apr 1 19:28:26 2008] : Oona: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [17,7] = (24)
[Tue Apr 1 19:28:29 2008] : Oona: +7
[Tue Apr 1 19:28:30 2008] : Adrin: +2
[Tue Apr 1 19:28:31 2008] : Oona: :-)
[Tue Apr 1 19:28:40 2008] : Aliatra: Umm, +8 actually
[Tue Apr 1 19:29:52 2008] : Dan: Sleight of Hand Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [9,5] = (14)
[Tue Apr 1 19:30:12 2008] : Dan: ooc ignore that - sorry
[Tue Apr 1 19:31:39 2008] : DM: As cart approaches slowly and as it nears you the driver raises his head and looks at you from under her wide brimmed hat.
[Tue Apr 1 19:32:13 2008] : Aliatra: "Greetings"
[Tue Apr 1 19:32:29 2008] : Oona: oona nods and observes back
[Tue Apr 1 19:32:29 2008] : Dan: "Hello there traveller"
[Tue Apr 1 19:32:42 2008] : DM: She mutters a reply and continues on.
[Tue Apr 1 19:32:45 2008] : Adrin: Adrin says nothing
[Tue Apr 1 19:33:22 2008] : DM: The cart jolts along on the road, it looks like a very uncomfortable ride.
[Tue Apr 1 19:33:36 2008] : DM: The cart slowly passes you.
[Tue Apr 1 19:33:45 2008] : Adrin: "Hey!"
[Tue Apr 1 19:34:07 2008] : Adrin: "Have you seen anything... strange around here?"
[Tue Apr 1 19:34:18 2008] : DM: The driver just shrugs.
[Tue Apr 1 19:34:34 2008] : Dan: "You didn't see the dragon?"
[Tue Apr 1 19:35:38 2008] : Dan: Dan tries to communucate in Common, Draconic, Elven, Gnoll, Goblin, Orc and Sylvan
[Tue Apr 1 19:35:42 2008] : Driver: "I seen it. Doesn't bother the likes of me."
[Tue Apr 1 19:35:56 2008] : Aliatra: "Whom does it bother?"
[Tue Apr 1 19:36:00 2008] : Adrin: "The likes of you?"
[Tue Apr 1 19:36:01 2008] : Dan: ooc or not if he gets an answer :)
[Tue Apr 1 19:36:23 2008] : Driver: She waves her hand vaguely.
[Tue Apr 1 19:36:55 2008] : Dan: "You seem awfully blasé about a hulking great dragon"
[Tue Apr 1 19:37:21 2008] : DM: She goes back to driving her cart, turning her back to you.
[Tue Apr 1 19:37:33 2008] : Oona: oona tries to see anything strange about the woman. (looking for any shiny piece glistening under her coat, or weird shaped object in the cart etc.)
[Tue Apr 1 19:37:39 2008] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [3,11] = (14)
[Tue Apr 1 19:37:49 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [6,15] = (21)
[Tue Apr 1 19:37:59 2008] : Oona: ooc dunno which makes sense at all
[Tue Apr 1 19:39:14 2008] : DM: The cart is covered in canvas and looks empty.
[Tue Apr 1 19:40:33 2008] : Dan: Dan shrugs
[Tue Apr 1 19:40:42 2008] : Dan: "Let's just keep going"
[Tue Apr 1 19:40:51 2008] : Oona: "Yes"
[Tue Apr 1 19:40:52 2008] : Aliatra: "That dragon might be less dangerous than we supposed"
[Tue Apr 1 19:41:04 2008] : Aliatra: "Yes, let's keep moving"
[Tue Apr 1 19:41:08 2008] : Dan: Dan moves his horse back onto the road and continues
[Tue Apr 1 19:41:14 2008] : Adrin: "Its probably more friendly than the locals"
[Tue Apr 1 19:41:21 2008] : Oona: Oona starts her horse, still looking at the cart going on
[Tue Apr 1 19:42:16 2008] : DM: It's rattles on.
[Tue Apr 1 19:44:06 2008] : DM: What are you doing next? Continuing east?
[Tue Apr 1 19:44:08 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra rides on
[Tue Apr 1 19:44:20 2008] : Adrin: Adrin keeps riding
[Tue Apr 1 19:44:33 2008] : Dan: ooc didn't we spot another spear and shell combo?
[Tue Apr 1 19:44:51 2008] : DM: ooc You passed that a while back.
[Tue Apr 1 19:44:54 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I think we did
[Tue Apr 1 19:45:20 2008] : Dan: ooc I thought we only just saw it and were going to look for a cave
[Tue Apr 1 19:46:22 2008] : DM: ooc Ah, yes.
[Tue Apr 1 19:46:51 2008] : Aliatra: ooc It's been a long weekend ;-)
[Tue Apr 1 19:46:55 2008] : Dan: "Shall we see if we can ascertain what these markers mean?"
[Tue Apr 1 19:46:59 2008] : DM: ooc my mistake, the markers (facing west) are some 300 ft behind you.
[Tue Apr 1 19:47:15 2008] : Dan: "It may mean that there's another cave nearby"
[Tue Apr 1 19:48:19 2008] : Aliatra: "Weren't we about to do that when we noticed that cart coming?"
[Tue Apr 1 19:49:12 2008] : Dan: "I believe so"
[Tue Apr 1 19:49:18 2008] : DM: ooc the markers (facing east) are some 300 ft behind you.
[Tue Apr 1 19:49:23 2008] : Oona: "I thought we were. Let us go and see if we can find anything"
[Tue Apr 1 19:49:44 2008] : DM: ooc search checks
[Tue Apr 1 19:49:48 2008] : Dan: Dan rides back to the marker and dismounts again
[Tue Apr 1 19:49:57 2008] : Aliatra: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [15,2] = (17)
[Tue Apr 1 19:50:00 2008] : Dan: Search Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [18,8] = (26)
[Tue Apr 1 19:50:06 2008] : Adrin: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [8,2] = (10)
[Tue Apr 1 19:50:21 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra joins Dan and looks for caves
[Tue Apr 1 19:50:47 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [6,15] = (21)
[Tue Apr 1 19:50:58 2008] : DM: You search around the area looking for indications of where a cave might be but you don't see anything.
[Tue Apr 1 19:51:28 2008] : Dan: "Well, looks like they don't indicate caves, or if they do, they're well hidden"
[Tue Apr 1 19:51:56 2008] : Aliatra: "Hmm, wonder what they *do* mean then"
[Tue Apr 1 19:52:03 2008] : Dan: "I guess we continue again"
[Tue Apr 1 19:52:33 2008] : Dan: "Yes, we need some more information"
[Tue Apr 1 19:53:05 2008] : Oona: "Sounds good'
[Tue Apr 1 19:53:36 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra mounts and rides on
[Tue Apr 1 19:53:59 2008] : Adrin: Adrin does likewise
[Tue Apr 1 19:54:58 2008] : Dan: Dan mounts and follows
[Tue Apr 1 19:55:50 2008] : DM: After a couple of hours of picking your way along the increasingly poor road you wonder why anyone would drive a cart along it when there's a perfectly good sea to sail on.
[Tue Apr 1 19:57:02 2008] : Dan: ooc I thought that anyway, but assumed that they knew about the dragon attacks
[Tue Apr 1 19:57:49 2008] : Aliatra: "Where did that cart come from? The road here seems too bad to accommodate it"
[Tue Apr 1 19:58:23 2008] : Dan: "I assumed it was bypassing the sea due to the attacks"
[Tue Apr 1 19:58:56 2008] : Dan: "Obviously I had no idea that the road was so poor back here"
[Tue Apr 1 19:59:10 2008] : Aliatra: "Yeah, possibly, but do you think it could have come from here?"
[Tue Apr 1 19:59:10 2008] : Oona: "Still, it's strange"
[Tue Apr 1 19:59:25 2008] : Dan: "The cart was barely making it along back there, I'm not sure it could have travelled along here"
[Tue Apr 1 19:59:30 2008] : Adrin: "There's something strange going on"
[Tue Apr 1 19:59:51 2008] : Dan: "So maybe it came from somewhere before here?"
[Tue Apr 1 20:00:09 2008] : Adrin: "I haven't seen any houses"
[Tue Apr 1 20:00:23 2008] : Dan: "No, but there are the sea caves"
[Tue Apr 1 20:00:32 2008] : Oona: "Maybe it comes from the sea"
[Tue Apr 1 20:00:44 2008] : Dan: "It needn't have entered them, simply travelled to the caves and back to the city maybe?"
[Tue Apr 1 20:00:56 2008] : Aliatra: "Should we not have seen tracks, had it come from anywhere but the road?"
[Tue Apr 1 20:00:57 2008] : DM: There's nothing but scrub and dense woodland along this road. The cliffs are high and there's no place to beach a ship or boat.
[Tue Apr 1 20:03:07 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, I guess so Ali"
[Tue Apr 1 20:03:30 2008] : Adrin: "There's no way it came from here. There must be something else back there"
[Tue Apr 1 20:03:47 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's see if we can find it"
[Tue Apr 1 20:04:13 2008] : Oona: "I suppose that would make the most sense"
[Tue Apr 1 20:04:34 2008] : Oona: "Not that I see *where* anything like a warehouse or ware-cave in that instance could be"
[Tue Apr 1 20:04:48 2008] : Oona: oona points at the high cliffs and lack of beaches
[Tue Apr 1 20:05:09 2008] : DM: Just to be clear: the cart can be driven along this road but only slowly and very uncomfortably.
[Tue Apr 1 20:05:18 2008] : Dan: "It would probably be much like the last cave, hidden in undergrowth"
[Tue Apr 1 20:05:20 2008] : Aliatra: "That cart came from somewhere, unless it was not a cart but some enchantment"
[Tue Apr 1 20:06:16 2008] : Dan: "Then again, perhaps the cart driver dismounted for this part of his drive and walked alongside the cart rather than be bumped"
[Tue Apr 1 20:06:37 2008] : Adrin: "Possibly. Should we keep going?"
[Tue Apr 1 20:07:57 2008] : Oona: "I think we should"
[Tue Apr 1 20:08:17 2008] : Aliatra: "Even when the driver was not on the cart, this road looks too bad to accommodate the vehicle"
[Tue Apr 1 20:08:35 2008] : Adrin: "Lets give it a bit longer"
[Tue Apr 1 20:08:41 2008] : Dan: "Desperate times..."
[Tue Apr 1 20:09:29 2008] : Adrin: "A sore arse is better than losing everything"
[Tue Apr 1 20:09:41 2008] : DM: It's a couple of hours until sunset, continuing on until dusk?
[Tue Apr 1 20:10:08 2008] : Aliatra: "And how do you make sure your cart doesn't rattle itself into pieces? I think we should find out where that cart came from"
[Tue Apr 1 20:10:47 2008] : Adrin: "You move slowly"
[Tue Apr 1 20:11:43 2008] : Oona: yes, continuing
[Tue Apr 1 20:11:47 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's go another hour then, but if we do not find where the cart came from, turn back and look for tracks"
[Tue Apr 1 20:12:43 2008] : Adrin: "It'll be near dark by then. Give it an hour then we'd better find somewhere to settle for the night"
[Tue Apr 1 20:13:18 2008] : Aliatra: "I still vote we return and look for tracks now, but if you all want to go on ..."
[Tue Apr 1 20:14:57 2008] : Adrin: "We've come this far"
[Tue Apr 1 20:15:02 2008] : Oona: "Agreed"
[Tue Apr 1 20:15:22 2008] : Dan: "We're not catching the cart up tonight, and any tracks will be visible tomorrow"
[Tue Apr 1 20:16:25 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra rides on
[Tue Apr 1 20:17:14 2008] : DM: After about an hour of riding you crest a small hill and see in the distance smoke rising from a small village or hamlet perched on the cliff top
[Tue Apr 1 20:17:43 2008] : Adrin: "Ha!"
[Tue Apr 1 20:18:12 2008] : Aliatra: "Feel better now?" grinning
[Tue Apr 1 20:18:29 2008] : Dan: "Well, looks like we may have found somewhere to rest for the night at least."
[Tue Apr 1 20:19:21 2008] : Oona: "Yes, sounds good"
[Tue Apr 1 20:19:39 2008] : Oona: "lEt us be cautious though, small villages usually don't like strangers"
[Tue Apr 1 20:20:03 2008] : Aliatra: "And let's remember we're still in dragon country"
[Tue Apr 1 20:20:29 2008] : Dan: "Villages are usually happy of news from the world outside"
[Tue Apr 1 20:20:43 2008] : Dan: "Provided we add coin to their economy"
[Tue Apr 1 20:21:06 2008] : Adrin: "and if all else fails we can rough them up a bit"
[Tue Apr 1 20:21:48 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's try not doing that until absolutely necessary"
[Tue Apr 1 20:22:37 2008] : Dan: "Let's go and meet the natives"
[Tue Apr 1 20:23:59 2008] : Adrin: Adrin rides towards the village
[Tue Apr 1 20:24:17 2008] : Dan: Dan follows
[Tue Apr 1 20:24:35 2008] : DM: You approach the village, a rough wooden palisade surrounds a group of some dozen building of wooden with shallow tiled roofs.
[Tue Apr 1 20:24:53 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra brings up the rear
[Tue Apr 1 20:25:14 2008] : DM: A single watchman stands in the gateway leaning on his spear and looking profoundly bored.
[Tue Apr 1 20:25:57 2008] : Oona: ooc brb
[Tue Apr 1 20:27:30 2008] : Dan: Dan approaches the gate openly, but keeps his eyes peeled
[Tue Apr 1 20:27:50 2008] : DM: The watchman waves you in.
[Tue Apr 1 20:28:09 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra raises her eyebrows
[Tue Apr 1 20:28:26 2008] : Aliatra: "They seem to be very trusting for a place with a watchman"
[Tue Apr 1 20:28:33 2008] : Adrin: "Yeah"
[Tue Apr 1 20:29:00 2008] : Dan: "It does seem a little odd"
[Tue Apr 1 20:29:12 2008] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Apr 1 20:29:24 2008] : Dan: Dan calls to the watchman as he enters the palisade
[Tue Apr 1 20:29:33 2008] : Dan: "Do you have an inn here?"
[Tue Apr 1 20:30:24 2008] : DM: Inside the buildings are roughly located around a small square with a fountain and shaded with trees.
[Tue Apr 1 20:30:38 2008] : Oona: ooc beregost ;-)
[Tue Apr 1 20:31:08 2008] : DM: There's a general store, an inn and a path leading down the cliff to a small, sheltered cove with a dock.
[Tue Apr 1 20:32:01 2008] : DM: A sleek ship is docked and several of the crew and lounging about on deck.
[Tue Apr 1 20:32:10 2008] : DM: ooc s/and/are/
[Tue Apr 1 20:32:12 2008] : Dan: Dan rides to the inn and looks for stables and an ostler
[Tue Apr 1 20:32:29 2008] : DM: ooc there might be an ostler if I know what one was.
[Tue Apr 1 20:32:45 2008] : Dan: ooc a stableman
[Tue Apr 1 20:33:24 2008] : DM: There's a small stables, it's nothing fancy but it looks reasonably clean and the straw looks fresh.
[Tue Apr 1 20:34:13 2008] : Dan: Dan ties his horse in one of the stalls and looks for the 'guy in charge of them'.
[Tue Apr 1 20:34:41 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra does the same
[Tue Apr 1 20:34:56 2008] : Oona: Oona follows Dan
[Tue Apr 1 20:34:58 2008] : Adrin: Adrin does likewise
[Tue Apr 1 20:35:14 2008] : Adrin: "We should ask those sailors if they know anything about the dragon"
[Tue Apr 1 20:35:32 2008] : Stablehand: "That'd be 5 silver per night per horse."
[Tue Apr 1 20:36:14 2008] : Dan: Dan pays the 5sp
[Tue Apr 1 20:36:38 2008] : Adrin: Adrin grudgingly pays
[Tue Apr 1 20:36:43 2008] : Oona: Oona pays up
[Tue Apr 1 20:37:34 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra pays
[Tue Apr 1 20:37:49 2008] : Aliatra: "You're asking steep prices here"
[Tue Apr 1 20:38:39 2008] : Stablehand: ooc They're standard prices. See the PHB.
[Tue Apr 1 20:39:29 2008] : Aliatra: ooc No harm in trying :-P
[Tue Apr 1 20:40:35 2008] : Aliatra: "Are we going inside? I'm curious to find out if the aks city prices in there as well"
[Tue Apr 1 20:41:34 2008] : Adrin: "Its been a long day in the saddle. I need a drink"
[Tue Apr 1 20:41:44 2008] : Stablehand: ooc brb
[Tue Apr 1 20:42:07 2008] : Dan: "Sure, let's see if they have any rooms available"
[Tue Apr 1 20:42:35 2008] : Aliatra: "A hot bath wouldn't go amiss either, I've got aches on top of mu aches"
[Tue Apr 1 20:44:21 2008] : Dan: Dan waits for one of the others to enter the inn first
[Tue Apr 1 20:44:45 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra walks in
[Tue Apr 1 20:45:18 2008] : Stablehand: The small common room is largely empty. A bearded man in a hat and sits in a corner drinking, his sheathed sword unbuckled and lying on the table; it looks like a quality weapon. A few sailors sit around a table dicing.
[Tue Apr 1 20:45:59 2008] : Dan: ooc carrots?
[Tue Apr 1 20:46:03 2008] : Dan: ooc ;)
[Tue Apr 1 20:46:05 2008] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Apr 1 20:46:13 2008] : DM: ooc what?
[Tue Apr 1 20:46:19 2008] : Adrin: Adrin takes in the scene before ordering drinks
[Tue Apr 1 20:46:23 2008] : Dan: ooc dicing carrots :D
[Tue Apr 1 20:46:41 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Apr 1 20:46:42 2008] : DM: ooc why do I ask?
[Tue Apr 1 20:46:49 2008] : Dan: ooc rofl
[Tue Apr 1 20:46:55 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Because you're naive?
[Tue Apr 1 20:47:24 2008] : Oona: Oona enters the room and takes a good look, keeping to the shadows to observe the patrons present
[Tue Apr 1 20:47:39 2008] : Dan: Dan follows Adrin to the bar
[Tue Apr 1 20:47:42 2008] : Oona: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [14,7] = (21)
[Tue Apr 1 20:48:03 2008] : Adrin: "Four ales please"
[Tue Apr 1 20:48:04 2008] : Oona: ooc trying to see if they're generally evil or hiding stuff etc.
[Tue Apr 1 20:48:26 2008] : Dan: Dan orders a second round of drinks to immediately follow Adrin's and drinks his first one down when it arrives
[Tue Apr 1 20:49:00 2008] : Dan: "Aaaah! I have a royal thirst after all that riding and sea air!"
[Tue Apr 1 20:49:01 2008] : DM: ooc they don't have red circles under them.
[Tue Apr 1 20:49:15 2008] : Oona: ooc darn
[Tue Apr 1 20:49:30 2008] : Adrin: "I've been thirsty since that fight"
[Tue Apr 1 20:49:59 2008] : DM: The sailors aren't paying any real attention to you but the bearded man is looking at you from under the brim of his tricornered hat.
[Tue Apr 1 20:49:59 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra orders another round, for everybody in the room
[Tue Apr 1 20:50:35 2008] : Oona: ooc there's a lot of hat looking these days
[Tue Apr 1 20:51:04 2008] : Aliatra: ooc It's the laters rage
[Tue Apr 1 20:51:08 2008] : Aliatra: ooc latest
[Tue Apr 1 20:51:51 2008] : DM: The sailors cheer at the free round.
[Tue Apr 1 20:52:40 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks around as she's drinking
[Tue Apr 1 20:52:51 2008] : DM: The hat-man simply looks thoughtful.
[Tue Apr 1 20:53:13 2008] : Dan: Dan looks at the man observing them
[Tue Apr 1 20:53:25 2008] : Oona: Oona sips her ale calmly, enjoying the moment
[Tue Apr 1 20:53:29 2008] : Dan: "Good day to you"
[Tue Apr 1 20:53:35 2008] : Adrin: Adrin offers a drink to the man
[Tue Apr 1 20:54:00 2008] : Dan: Dan salutes with his mug
[Tue Apr 1 20:54:04 2008] : Dan: "Your health"
[Tue Apr 1 20:54:59 2008] : Man with a hat: "Cheers. What brings you to this village?"
[Tue Apr 1 20:55:11 2008] : Aliatra: "A dragon"
[Tue Apr 1 20:55:37 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra grins as if she thinks it all a big joke
[Tue Apr 1 20:56:45 2008] : Man with a hat: "I know of that dragon. It's why me and my crew are holed up in this dull place."
[Tue Apr 1 20:57:03 2008] : Man with a hat: "So why does it bring you here?"
[Tue Apr 1 20:57:26 2008] : Adrin: "To get rid of it"
[Tue Apr 1 20:57:31 2008] : Dan: "It seems to be causing trade disruptions all along the coast"
[Tue Apr 1 20:58:16 2008] : Man with a hat: "Oh aye. Getting rid of the beast would be a grand thing."
[Tue Apr 1 20:58:34 2008] : Oona: ooc brb
[Tue Apr 1 20:58:42 2008] : Aliatra: "Has it done anything to you or your ship then?"
[Tue Apr 1 20:59:47 2008] : Man with a hat: "No... We've been lucky. Managed to reach this here little cove."
[Tue Apr 1 21:00:37 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra tries to gauge the Hatman's reactions
[Tue Apr 1 21:00:40 2008] : Aliatra: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [14,8] = (22)
[Tue Apr 1 21:00:57 2008] : Man with a hat: ooc I've been making sense motive rolls.
[Tue Apr 1 21:01:04 2008] : Aliatra: "So why stay here if that dragon never bothered you?"
[Tue Apr 1 21:01:16 2008] : Man with a hat: ooc you all suck at it though.
[Tue Apr 1 21:01:29 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Just wanted to alert you I'd like one (knowing full well you'd not permit us do it)
[Tue Apr 1 21:02:26 2008] : Man with a hat: The man looks at Ali like she's a bit dim. "Because it might."
[Tue Apr 1 21:02:41 2008] : Aliatra: "Have you seen the beast?"
[Tue Apr 1 21:03:24 2008] : Man with a hat: "No. You must have come from the east if you've not seen it."
[Tue Apr 1 21:03:42 2008] : Oona: ooc back
[Tue Apr 1 21:04:44 2008] : Oona: "You don't seem so "scared" or even "bothered" about this beast"
[Tue Apr 1 21:05:06 2008] : Oona: Oona smiles
[Tue Apr 1 21:05:14 2008] : Dan: Dan looks at Oona quizically
[Tue Apr 1 21:05:23 2008] : Man with a hat: His eyes narrow. "Why should I be? Safe here in this little port?"
[Tue Apr 1 21:05:28 2008] : Oona: "what are you not telling us?" Oona tries to look as candid as possible
[Tue Apr 1 21:05:31 2008] : Dan: "He's holed up here"
[Tue Apr 1 21:05:48 2008] : Oona: ooc bluffing if I need to to play the candid part
[Tue Apr 1 21:06:07 2008] : Oona: ooc bluff+8
[Tue Apr 1 21:06:40 2008] : Oona: ooc or intimidation?
[Tue Apr 1 21:06:51 2008] : Oona: ooc +9 for that
[Tue Apr 1 21:07:09 2008] : Aliatra: "If your ship isn't safe, what makes you think these buildings are?"
[Tue Apr 1 21:07:11 2008] : Adrin: Adrin just keeps drinking
[Tue Apr 1 21:07:16 2008] : Oona: "I mean, we need to know it all if we're going to battle that beast"
[Tue Apr 1 21:07:26 2008] : Man with a hat: He stands up and picks up his sword, buckling it on. "A captains business is his own and your pretty nose looks nice were it is."
[Tue Apr 1 21:07:43 2008] : Oona: "Wow! Sorry about that!"
[Tue Apr 1 21:07:47 2008] : Man with a hat: He strides out of the inn, calling his crew to follow.
[Tue Apr 1 21:07:51 2008] : Oona: Oona looks contrite
[Tue Apr 1 21:07:59 2008] : Dan: Dan arches his eyebrows
[Tue Apr 1 21:08:00 2008] : Oona: ooc or not, if I don't have the time to make amends :(
[Tue Apr 1 21:08:15 2008] : Adrin: "Nice"
[Tue Apr 1 21:08:24 2008] : Dan: "Subtle Oona, very subtle"
[Tue Apr 1 21:08:50 2008] : Oona: "I didn't mean to be subtle. I meant to know whether my hunch was right that he was hiding something"
[Tue Apr 1 21:09:00 2008] : Oona: "I would say that pretty much sums it up. He was"
[Tue Apr 1 21:09:04 2008] : Adrin: "You could try insulting his mother next time too"
[Tue Apr 1 21:09:18 2008] : Dan: "Well, subtlety or just sweet talk may have got you that"
[Tue Apr 1 21:09:22 2008] : Aliatra: "Stop it, it seems Oona was right"
[Tue Apr 1 21:09:31 2008] : Dan: "Why?"
[Tue Apr 1 21:09:39 2008] : Dan: "I see no reason to see that"
[Tue Apr 1 21:09:47 2008] : Adrin: "She as much as called him a liar to his face"
[Tue Apr 1 21:10:01 2008] : Oona: ooc errr, seriously, either I didn't role pay it right, but I really meant to be extremely candid in my act with the guy. Your reactionsare weird
[Tue Apr 1 21:10:26 2008] : Oona: "I don't think I did"
[Tue Apr 1 21:10:33 2008] : Dan: ooc it really came across as an order
[Tue Apr 1 21:10:34 2008] : Oona: "But maybe he interepreted that really badly"
[Tue Apr 1 21:10:42 2008] : Oona: "Oh well. In any case, he was not telling us something"
[Tue Apr 1 21:11:08 2008] : Oona: ooc ok, it was NOT AT all what I was trying to role play
[Tue Apr 1 21:11:26 2008] : Oona: ooc rather a laid back, off the hook kind of question, trying to get him in half jokingly
[Tue Apr 1 21:11:31 2008] : DM: ooc FWIW, I think you were successful in ratting out the hat-man as a suspicious scoundrel.
[Tue Apr 1 21:11:43 2008] : Oona: that *he* takes it wrong, I can understand, that your characters did puzzles me
[Tue Apr 1 21:11:53 2008] : Oona: ooc oops, ooc
[Tue Apr 1 21:12:12 2008] : Dan: ooc Dan has no reason to suspect his motives
[Tue Apr 1 21:12:12 2008] : Adrin: ooc I pictured it as you leaning over the table in his face demanding to know what he knew
[Tue Apr 1 21:12:22 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Inflections are lost in a chat
[Tue Apr 1 21:12:30 2008] : Oona: ooc lol, nope. I smiles, looked candid etc.
[Tue Apr 1 21:12:46 2008] : Oona: ooc not a problem. Next time I'll add some colour to it :)
[Tue Apr 1 21:12:56 2008] : Adrin: ooc ok :)
[Tue Apr 1 21:13:43 2008] : Oona: "In any case, I sensed this guy had something that looked fishy. Or felt fishy"
[Tue Apr 1 21:13:52 2008] : Oona: "I think his reaction proved some of that"
[Tue Apr 1 21:14:17 2008] : Oona: "Now I guess we just have to find out what it is he's not telling us"
[Tue Apr 1 21:14:46 2008] : Dan: "OK, but I had no reason to suspect him"
[Tue Apr 1 21:15:25 2008] : Dan: ooc it's actually better RP that we didn't understand you as our characters certainly have no reason to suspect.
[Tue Apr 1 21:15:43 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's see if the innkeeper can tell us something"
[Tue Apr 1 21:15:53 2008] : Oona: ooc I really think it clashes wth what I was trying to accomplish though. Anyway...
[Tue Apr 1 21:15:53 2008] : Adrin: "He seemed decent enough to me"
[Tue Apr 1 21:16:05 2008] : Oona: "I did. Just a hunch mind you, but I did"
[Tue Apr 1 21:16:21 2008] : Dan: "Your hunches with people are better than mine"
[Tue Apr 1 21:16:33 2008] : Dan: "I'll stick to the books and magic"
[Tue Apr 1 21:18:34 2008] : Oona: "OK, so let's see what the innkeeper and the other people here have to say"
[Tue Apr 1 21:18:54 2008] : Oona: "I would suggest we don't try to hard to get information, but rather make them talk in the course of the evening"
[Tue Apr 1 21:18:59 2008] : Oona: "Not that they know antyhing"
[Tue Apr 1 21:19:08 2008] : Oona: "But at least, we will enjoy our evening too"
[Tue Apr 1 21:19:10 2008] : DM: ooc Gather information checks.
[Tue Apr 1 21:19:16 2008] : Dan: Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [18,0] = (18)
[Tue Apr 1 21:19:16 2008] : Adrin: "I'll keep drinking"
[Tue Apr 1 21:19:18 2008] : Oona: Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [1,3] = (4)
[Tue Apr 1 21:19:22 2008] : Adrin: Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20-1] => [16,-1] = (15)
[Tue Apr 1 21:19:25 2008] : Aliatra: Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20+1] => [20,1] = (21)
[Tue Apr 1 21:19:42 2008] : Oona: ooc thank you Ali :-)
[Tue Apr 1 21:19:43 2008] : Dan: Dan spends the evening trying to get information by buying drinks and chatting
[Tue Apr 1 21:20:03 2008] : Aliatra: ooc You're welcome, Oona :-)
[Tue Apr 1 21:20:10 2008] : Adrin: Adrin tries to make small-talk, but doesn't do very well
[Tue Apr 1 21:20:11 2008] : Oona: Oona chats up a few people to try and find out what's wrong with the captain
[Tue Apr 1 21:20:31 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra does likewise, letting people talk and not asking too many questions
[Tue Apr 1 21:22:18 2008] : DM: The captain and his crew turn up every two or three weeks, they hang around for a few days while a cart delivers some unspecified cargo and then they sail off. No of the regular villagers and fishermen like the look of them, thinking them uncouth and untrustworthy.
[Tue Apr 1 21:23:10 2008] : DM: Oona just listens to fishermen grumbling about fish prices all evening.
[Tue Apr 1 21:23:19 2008] : Dan: After a while Dan nods to the others to get together for a chat
[Tue Apr 1 21:23:20 2008] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Apr 1 21:23:44 2008] : Aliatra: "And what about that dragon?"
[Tue Apr 1 21:23:51 2008] : Dan: "Well, seems you were right Oona. He's in cahoots with the cart driver at least"
[Tue Apr 1 21:24:13 2008] : Adrin: "Looks that way. I wonder what the delivery is"
[Tue Apr 1 21:24:28 2008] : Oona: "Haha, there was something about the way they looked under their hats these two"
[Tue Apr 1 21:24:52 2008] : Dan: "I wonder if the shells and spears are points for the cart to stop to pick up the looted cargo"
[Tue Apr 1 21:24:54 2008] : DM: ooc hats == suspicious ;)
[Tue Apr 1 21:25:15 2008] : Dan: "Then the cargo is driven back here and transported off to wherever"
[Tue Apr 1 21:25:31 2008] : Adrin: "Good idea"
[Tue Apr 1 21:25:41 2008] : Dan: "So, the captain is in cahoots with the Kuo-Toa at the very least"
[Tue Apr 1 21:25:47 2008] : Oona: "Looted cargo?"
[Tue Apr 1 21:25:55 2008] : Oona: "I see."
[Tue Apr 1 21:26:10 2008] : Oona: "And the dragon actually disrupts their little traffic you mean?"
[Tue Apr 1 21:26:15 2008] : Dan: "Nothing to prove that the drgon is involved, but my guess is that the dragon attacks the ships and the Kuo-Toa take the cargo"
[Tue Apr 1 21:26:26 2008] : Oona: "It could be that the dragon is actually fighting them. Rather than helping them"
[Tue Apr 1 21:26:34 2008] : Dan: "It may well be"
[Tue Apr 1 21:26:38 2008] : Oona: "Or could it not?"
[Tue Apr 1 21:26:42 2008] : Adrin: "They could be just scavenging off its work"
[Tue Apr 1 21:26:50 2008] : Oona: "I am not that familiar with dragons really"
[Tue Apr 1 21:26:56 2008] : Dan: "That may also be true"
[Tue Apr 1 21:27:01 2008] : Oona: "I have this very romantic view of them"
[Tue Apr 1 21:27:10 2008] : Oona: "intelligent and all"
[Tue Apr 1 21:27:26 2008] : Dan: "But I'm certain based on Oona's suspicions that the captain and his crew are doing something they shouldn't be"
[Tue Apr 1 21:27:36 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I asked the innkeeper/clientele about that dragon, I did not ask my friends
[Tue Apr 1 21:27:58 2008] : Dan: "And seeing how the cart was empty, they presumably have just filled up with cargo and may be about to set sail"
[Tue Apr 1 21:28:18 2008] : Dan: "dRAGONS ARE GREEDY"
[Tue Apr 1 21:28:46 2008] : Dan: "It may be either of the suggestions"
[Tue Apr 1 21:28:49 2008] : Oona: "I see"
[Tue Apr 1 21:29:22 2008] : Dan: "But either way, the dragon will want to add to its hoard"
[Tue Apr 1 21:29:41 2008] : Dan: "So, it's either helping and taking the cream of the cargo"
[Tue Apr 1 21:30:03 2008] : Adrin: "or its taking what it wants and they grab whats left"
[Tue Apr 1 21:30:15 2008] : Dan: "Or it's not helping and is in fact angry that its supply of loot is being taken by others"
[Tue Apr 1 21:30:25 2008] : Oona: "which would account for the captain's plea that we stop the dragon"
[Tue Apr 1 21:30:26 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Will nobody in the inn talk to me about the dragon?
[Tue Apr 1 21:30:32 2008] : Oona: "it must have harmed their business"
[Tue Apr 1 21:30:33 2008] : Dan: "Or the third suggestion of Adrin"
[Tue Apr 1 21:30:48 2008] : Aliatra: "Or it was just a ruse, trying to blame the animal"
[Tue Apr 1 21:31:37 2008] : Aliatra: "Fact remains that that woman cartdriver didn't seem worried about that dragon at all"
[Tue Apr 1 21:31:40 2008] : Dan: "The dragon is intelligent. If it's not working with the Kuo-Toa, then it possibly used to pick off enough of the ships passing this way to keep things sustainable"
[Tue Apr 1 21:31:52 2008] : Dan: "i.e. not enough to stop sailors passing"
[Tue Apr 1 21:32:23 2008] : Dan: "Yes, that suggests an alliance doesn't it?"
[Tue Apr 1 21:32:35 2008] : Oona: "Ali, it could be that for all its harm to their business, the dragon also allows suspicions to be raised elsewhere than towards them"
[Tue Apr 1 21:32:49 2008] : Dan: "But my point remains, and is probably something we should action..."
[Tue Apr 1 21:33:04 2008] : Oona: "Your point being?"
[Tue Apr 1 21:33:07 2008] : Dan: "The cart was empty, they presumably have just filled up with cargo and may be about to set sail"
[Tue Apr 1 21:33:13 2008] : Oona: "Ah, right"
[Tue Apr 1 21:33:21 2008] : Dan: Dan stands up
[Tue Apr 1 21:33:25 2008] : DM: ooc that's not the only possibility
[Tue Apr 1 21:33:28 2008] : Oona: "Yes, we should probably go and see what we can find out on the docks"
[Tue Apr 1 21:33:33 2008] : Adrin: "Shall we take a stroll to the docks?"
[Tue Apr 1 21:33:57 2008] : Aliatra: "Or the woman just set out to pick up the loot"
[Tue Apr 1 21:34:03 2008] : Dan: ooc it's Dan's assumption on this evidence, but then he's brighter than me, so feel free to add something that may occur to him ;)
[Tue Apr 1 21:34:32 2008] : DM: ooc Ali just said it.
[Tue Apr 1 21:34:37 2008] : Oona: ""Could be Ali"
[Tue Apr 1 21:34:45 2008] : Oona: "In which case they'll be here for a while yet"
[Tue Apr 1 21:34:51 2008] : Oona: "We stoill can find that out"
[Tue Apr 1 21:34:55 2008] : Dan: "Ah, she's with them?"
[Tue Apr 1 21:34:57 2008] : Oona: *still
[Tue Apr 1 21:35:00 2008] : Aliatra: "Maybe we'd better ask around about that cart and about the dragon"
[Tue Apr 1 21:35:19 2008] : Dan: "I assumed that she stayed locally and met them, but then why would they wait a few days here?"
[Tue Apr 1 21:35:24 2008] : Aliatra: "They won't be setting sail tonight, will they?"
[Tue Apr 1 21:35:26 2008] : Oona: "Yes, she is. At least there is a cart in the story"
[Tue Apr 1 21:35:40 2008] : Dan: "She'll not be too happy with the cave we visited"
[Tue Apr 1 21:35:56 2008] : Adrin: "You're not wrong there"
[Tue Apr 1 21:37:15 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra laughs out loud
[Tue Apr 1 21:37:19 2008] : Dan: "Maybe we should waylay her on her return, tie her up and ride the cart back in to town?"
[Tue Apr 1 21:37:50 2008] : Adrin: "That sounds interesting"
[Tue Apr 1 21:37:55 2008] : Oona: "Indeed"
[Tue Apr 1 21:38:06 2008] : Oona: "But we'd have to ensure that she's with those"
[Tue Apr 1 21:38:09 2008] : Dan: "Oona can disguise herself and drive, while the rest of us lie in the back quietly until the right moment?"
[Tue Apr 1 21:38:17 2008] : Oona: "and finding out more about the captain and his crew might help"
[Tue Apr 1 21:38:25 2008] : Dan: "Oh, I think we can assume that"
[Tue Apr 1 21:38:27 2008] : Oona: "Sounds like a plan"
[Tue Apr 1 21:38:48 2008] : Oona: "I'm not really good at disguising myself though"
[Tue Apr 1 21:39:01 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's ask around and find out what the connection is between the cart and that ship staying in port"
[Tue Apr 1 21:39:08 2008] : Dan: "OK"
[Tue Apr 1 21:39:19 2008] : Oona: "Yes, and let's do a little check on the docks"
[Tue Apr 1 21:39:24 2008] : Oona: "see how many they are and all"
[Tue Apr 1 21:39:29 2008] : DM: ooc you've already asked around enough for tonight
[Tue Apr 1 21:39:36 2008] : Dan: "To help us along, I can cast an illusion on the cart that makes it look identical to what it would without us in there"
[Tue Apr 1 21:39:51 2008] : Dan: "Effectively the rest of us will be invisible until we break cover"
[Tue Apr 1 21:40:37 2008] : Dan: "Right, I'm off to prepare for the night. Goodnight all"
[Tue Apr 1 21:40:46 2008] : Aliatra: "Goodnight"
[Tue Apr 1 21:41:29 2008] : Adrin: "night"
[Tue Apr 1 21:41:32 2008] : Dan: Dan retires to his room
[Tue Apr 1 21:41:43 2008] : Dan: ooc did we sort out rooms??
[Tue Apr 1 21:41:47 2008] : Aliatra: ooc DM, didn't anybody want to talk about the dragon?
[Tue Apr 1 21:41:53 2008] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Apr 1 21:42:24 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Yes to me or to Dan?
[Tue Apr 1 21:42:31 2008] : DM: ooc they might if you send more time gathering information
[Tue Apr 1 21:42:54 2008] : DM: ooc Dan
[Tue Apr 1 21:43:11 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I was still doing that, but I never saw an answer so I joined the conversation
[Tue Apr 1 21:44:41 2008] : Dan: ooc I thought our gathering info time was up
[Tue Apr 1 21:45:06 2008] : Dan: ooc give me a shout if we're not done ;)
[Tue Apr 1 21:45:46 2008] : DM: ooc You all clearly spend the evening asking about the captain. Now everyone else has gone to bed and there's no-one left to talk to.
[Tue Apr 1 21:46:41 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I never asked about that captain, I wanted to know about the dragon
[Tue Apr 1 21:47:19 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra retires to her room
[Tue Apr 1 21:47:21 2008] : DM: ooc I quote: "Oona: Oona chats up a few people to try and find out what's wrong with the captain [Tue Apr 1 21:47:49 2008] : Dan: ooc only after we got info did you mention the dragon
[Tue Apr 1 21:49:02 2008] : Aliatra: ooc That was my mistake then, I meant to say I tried to gather information (generally) without being too obtrusive about it
[Tue Apr 1 21:49:04 2008] : Dan: Dan looks in his spellbook and tries to think about his next day's spell selection
[Tue Apr 1 21:49:19 2008] : Oona: Oona crashes into bed
[Tue Apr 1 21:50:44 2008] : Adrin: Adrin grabs some sleep
[Tue Apr 1 21:50:47 2008] : DM: The following day...
[Tue Apr 1 21:51:17 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra gets up, prays and gets down for breakfast
[Tue Apr 1 21:52:41 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Mage Armour (level 1): Gives subject +4 armor bonus for 1 hour/level
[Tue Apr 1 21:52:45 2008] : Adrin: Adrin does some light exercises before breakfast
[Tue Apr 1 21:54:08 2008] : Oona: oona checks her tools are clean and sharp and goes down for breakfast
[Tue Apr 1 21:55:25 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Protection from Arrows (level 2): Subject immune to most ranged attacks (Duration - 1 hour/level or until discharged)
[Tue Apr 1 21:55:33 2008] : DM: As the innkeeper serves breakfast he remarks that the crew of the Sea Dart looks like they're preparing to sail on the next out going tide at noon.
[Tue Apr 1 21:56:08 2008] : Adrin: "Best get eating then"
[Tue Apr 1 21:56:16 2008] : Oona: "Do you know if the cart came into town?"
[Tue Apr 1 21:56:57 2008] : DM: It has not.
[Tue Apr 1 21:57:21 2008] : Dan: "OK, we should get breakfast over and head out"
[Tue Apr 1 21:57:48 2008] : Aliatra: "Sure"
[Tue Apr 1 21:58:36 2008] : DM: ooc I wouldn't have needed a whole crew of pirates and smugglers if you had been more rigourous in questioning the cart driver... let's see what nodes I have that will do.
[Tue Apr 1 21:59:16 2008] : Dan: "We can leave the horses here. Head over the hill on foot and waylay her out of sight"
[Tue Apr 1 21:59:28 2008] : Dan: ooc we had no need to suspect her ;)
[Tue Apr 1 21:59:37 2008] : Dan: ooc need = reason
[Tue Apr 1 21:59:53 2008] : Oona: ooc that'll teach you to roll us crappy sense motive rolls :)
[Tue Apr 1 22:00:07 2008] : Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Tue Apr 1 22:00:28 2008] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Apr 1 22:02:39 2008] : DM: ooc it took you half a day to reach this village from the caves.
[Tue Apr 1 22:03:23 2008] : Dan: ooc we crested a hill before we arrived here
[Tue Apr 1 22:04:14 2008] : Aliatra: "We'd better ask when the next tide out is"
[Tue Apr 1 22:04:25 2008] : Dan: "the inkeep said noon"
[Tue Apr 1 22:05:34 2008] : Adrin: "I say we head to the docks"
[Tue Apr 1 22:06:57 2008] : Aliatra: "Yes, let's make sure they miss the tide. But perhaps someone should go to the village gate to watch out for the cart"
[Tue Apr 1 22:07:33 2008] : Oona: "I think I'll be better at watching the docks"
[Tue Apr 1 22:07:45 2008] : Dan: "I still think that we should all go and waylay the cart"
[Tue Apr 1 22:08:47 2008] : Dan: "But if everyone else thinks the boat is the best option, i don't think that we should split up"
[Tue Apr 1 22:09:01 2008] : Oona: "Yes, but we might want to have an idea of what awaits us at the docks"
[Tue Apr 1 22:09:09 2008] : Oona: "before we go on and waylay the cart"
[Tue Apr 1 22:09:50 2008] : Dan: "We may not have time to do both"
[Tue Apr 1 22:10:48 2008] : Aliatra: "In that case I vote for waylaying that cart: less witnesses and less bother, if we ride out now"
[Tue Apr 1 22:11:06 2008] : Oona: yes
[Tue Apr 1 22:11:09 2008] : Oona: "yes"
[Tue Apr 1 22:11:11 2008] : Oona: "let us go"
[Tue Apr 1 22:11:17 2008] : Adrin: "Well, I suppose the ship won't be going anywhere til the cart arrives"
[Tue Apr 1 22:12:28 2008] : Dan: "OK, let's be off"
[Tue Apr 1 22:12:38 2008] : Dan: Dan heads out of the inn
[Tue Apr 1 22:13:00 2008] : Adrin: Adrin jumps to his feet and gets his horsey
[Tue Apr 1 22:13:39 2008] : Oona: Oona follows
[Tue Apr 1 22:14:22 2008] : DM: What's the plan?
[Tue Apr 1 22:14:31 2008] : Dan: "We're leaving the horses Adrin"
[Tue Apr 1 22:14:41 2008] : DM: It's now 8 am.
[Tue Apr 1 22:14:52 2008] : Dan: ooc walk up the hill so we're out of sight of the village
[Tue Apr 1 22:14:59 2008] : Aliatra: "Why not take the horses? That cart might still be miles away"
[Tue Apr 1 22:15:09 2008] : Adrin: "Oh, even better. i've still not recovered from yesterdays riding"
[Tue Apr 1 22:15:11 2008] : Dan: ooc hide and ambush the cart
[Tue Apr 1 22:15:23 2008] : Dan: "Because the plan was to ride in the cart back"
[Tue Apr 1 22:15:30 2008] : Oona: "OK"
[Tue Apr 1 22:15:31 2008] : DM: How long are you going to wait for the cart to return?
[Tue Apr 1 22:15:34 2008] : Dan: "Pretend to be the cargo"
[Tue Apr 1 22:15:35 2008] : Oona: "Let us go now"
[Tue Apr 1 22:15:46 2008] : Oona: Oona presses the others
[Tue Apr 1 22:16:04 2008] : Oona: ooc I'd say until an hour before noon
[Tue Apr 1 22:16:06 2008] : Oona: ooc or something
[Tue Apr 1 22:16:11 2008] : Dan: "But what if my initial ide was correct?"
[Tue Apr 1 22:16:36 2008] : Dan: "What if the cart has already dropped the cargo and the ship was awaiting a high tide?"
[Tue Apr 1 22:16:56 2008] : Adrin: Adrin sighs
[Tue Apr 1 22:17:14 2008] : Dan: "Perhaps we're better headed to the ship, we'd look pretty silly hanging out for the cart if the ship sails away"
[Tue Apr 1 22:17:20 2008] : Aliatra: "We need to ask about what time the tide will be going out and be back at least an hour before that if we don't encounter the cart"
[Tue Apr 1 22:17:37 2008] : DM: ooc high tide is at noon
[Tue Apr 1 22:17:38 2008] : Dan: "We know the tide is high at noon"
[Tue Apr 1 22:17:58 2008] : Dan: "As I said earlier after the barkeep told us"
[Tue Apr 1 22:18:00 2008] : Aliatra: "So plan to be back at 11, unless we find that cart first"
[Tue Apr 1 22:18:02 2008] : Oona: "So let us agree that around an hour before noon, we'll get back to the ship"
[Tue Apr 1 22:18:12 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Sorry, I missed that
[Tue Apr 1 22:18:12 2008] : Dan: "OK, good idea"
[Tue Apr 1 22:18:46 2008] : Aliatra: "All the more reason to take the horses if we need to be back on time"
[Tue Apr 1 22:18:49 2008] : Dan: "Let's see if we can ambush us a cart"
[Tue Apr 1 22:19:08 2008] : Dan: "OK, we can take them, my illusion can cover them too"
[Tue Apr 1 22:19:58 2008] : Oona: "Can we please stiop talking and go? In all that time I would have had enough time to scout and see how many men are onboard and all"
[Tue Apr 1 22:20:23 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes to find her horse
[Tue Apr 1 22:20:36 2008] : Dan: "Yes, because planning is totally pointless"
[Tue Apr 1 22:20:43 2008] : Adrin: "Thats the best thing I 've heard all day Oona"
[Tue Apr 1 22:20:54 2008] : Dan: Dan looks annoyed
[Tue Apr 1 22:21:47 2008] : Dan: Dan shoulders his pack and fetches his horse from the stables
[Tue Apr 1 22:22:25 2008] : Adrin: Adrin does the same
[Tue Apr 1 22:22:28 2008] : Oona: Oona gets her horse, mounts and goes out the town gate. She stops by the watchman
[Tue Apr 1 22:22:49 2008] : Oona: "Hey there. I was wondering. Do you know if a cart, driven by a woman in a big hat already came by?"
[Tue Apr 1 22:23:38 2008] : Watchman: "Went out very early morning yesterday. I wouldn't have liked to be riding in that cart on that road."
[Tue Apr 1 22:23:51 2008] : Oona: "Did it come back?"
[Tue Apr 1 22:24:48 2008] : Watchman: "Nah. Probably won't be back 'til late this evening, if it's doing the same trip as last time."
[Tue Apr 1 22:24:58 2008] : Aliatra: "How often does it go out?"
[Tue Apr 1 22:25:11 2008] : Oona: "Ha, does it come back loaded or empty?"
[Tue Apr 1 22:25:47 2008] : Watchman: "It's collecting some sort of cargo for that ship in the harbour, it's usually every couple of weeks I think."
[Tue Apr 1 22:26:08 2008] : Dan: "So it returns before they set off?"
[Tue Apr 1 22:26:37 2008] : Watchman: "Yeah. Odd that." He shrugs as though he doesn't really care.
[Tue Apr 1 22:27:02 2008] : Adrin: "Late evening? But the tide is Noon"
[Tue Apr 1 22:27:20 2008] : Dan: "So it may be back before then this time"
[Tue Apr 1 22:27:25 2008] : Dan: "Let's go"
[Tue Apr 1 22:27:38 2008] : Dan: Dan gee's his horse up
[Tue Apr 1 22:27:43 2008] : Aliatra: "Are there places no more than a day from here where a ship could go to shore?"
[Tue Apr 1 22:28:03 2008] : Watchman: "Dunno."
[Tue Apr 1 22:28:16 2008] : Aliatra: "Thank you"
[Tue Apr 1 22:28:24 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra rides on
[Tue Apr 1 22:28:53 2008] : Aliatra: "It would seem that the ship meets the cart when it's loaded up, so as not to raise suspicion in the villa"
[Tue Apr 1 22:29:09 2008] : Aliatra: "All the more reason to find that cart"
[Tue Apr 1 22:29:21 2008] : Watchman: Any change to the plan?
[Tue Apr 1 22:29:38 2008] : Dan: Dan rides to the crest of the hill
[Tue Apr 1 22:29:41 2008] : Aliatra: ooc For now still going after that cart
[Tue Apr 1 22:29:56 2008] : Dan: ooc not from Dan - wait till 10.30 or so, then ride back
[Tue Apr 1 22:30:06 2008] : Adrin: ooc yup
[Tue Apr 1 22:30:17 2008] : Oona: ooc nope, going
[Tue Apr 1 22:30:33 2008] : Dan: ooc anywhere to hide the horses away from the track?
[Tue Apr 1 22:30:38 2008] : Adrin: ooc as in 'yup, what Dan said'
[Tue Apr 1 22:30:40 2008] : DM: You hide in the dense woodland for a couple of hours until 1030 without seeing any sign of the cart.
[Tue Apr 1 22:31:15 2008] : Dan: "Well, according to the plan we head back now"
[Tue Apr 1 22:31:30 2008] : Adrin: "Lets go then"
[Tue Apr 1 22:31:37 2008] : Dan: "Shall we go. Maybe the cart is not dues before high tide."
[Tue Apr 1 22:31:59 2008] : Dan: Dan spurs his horse back to the village
[Tue Apr 1 22:32:14 2008] : DM: You arrive back at the village at around 11 o'clock.
[Tue Apr 1 22:32:25 2008] : Dan: "We could still create the illusion of that cart"
[Tue Apr 1 22:32:50 2008] : Aliatra: "I still think the ship is going to meet that cart along the coast somewhere"
[Tue Apr 1 22:32:53 2008] : Oona: "why? If it's not there, and they don't expect it, this si just going to make us look even more suspicious"
[Tue Apr 1 22:32:55 2008] : Dan: "We could 'drive' it to the docks and see their reaction"
[Tue Apr 1 22:33:11 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I thought we'd find that cart, not just lie in wait
[Tue Apr 1 22:33:31 2008] : Dan: ooc could have been 1/2 a day away
[Tue Apr 1 22:33:54 2008] : Dan: "OK let's go to the docks then"
[Tue Apr 1 22:34:15 2008] : Aliatra: "Why not?"
[Tue Apr 1 22:34:29 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra thinks this is all a waste of time
[Tue Apr 1 22:34:44 2008] : Adrin: "Lets go"
[Tue Apr 1 22:34:55 2008] : Oona: "Yes"
[Tue Apr 1 22:35:02 2008] : Dan: Dan is not a mind reader, so Ali's comment is lost on him
[Tue Apr 1 22:35:19 2008] : Aliatra: ooc She said enough earlier :-P
[Tue Apr 1 22:35:25 2008] : Oona: Oona makes sure her bow's string is tight and her swords are loose in their scabards
[Tue Apr 1 22:35:49 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra checks her weapons as she rides on
[Tue Apr 1 22:35:58 2008] : Dan: ooc she should say so again if she wants anyone to notice :P
[Tue Apr 1 22:36:28 2008] : Dan: Dan arranges his robes and items
[Tue Apr 1 22:36:33 2008] : Aliatra: ooc She's said multiple times already and if nobody noticed she'kll just go with the flow
[Tue Apr 1 22:38:10 2008] : DM: You decend the cliff path down to the stone dock, the captain of the Sea Dart sees you approaching and shouts.
[Tue Apr 1 22:38:48 2008] : Oona: Oona stays back and tries to make herself as unconspicuous as possible
[Tue Apr 1 22:38:53 2008] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [7,15] = (22)
[Tue Apr 1 22:39:04 2008] : Oona: ooc providing there's something to hide ...
[Tue Apr 1 22:39:12 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra rides on, looking as if she hasn't heard a thing
[Tue Apr 1 22:39:24 2008] : Captain: Oona find a crive in the cliff wall to conceal herself.
[Tue Apr 1 22:39:25 2008] : Oona: ooc we're on horses?
[Tue Apr 1 22:39:27 2008] : Oona: ooc I'm not.
[Tue Apr 1 22:39:33 2008] : Captain: ooc horses won't go down the path
[Tue Apr 1 22:39:39 2008] : Oona: ooc thought so.
[Tue Apr 1 22:39:48 2008] : Adrin: ooc I thought we'd leave the horses back at the inn
[Tue Apr 1 22:39:53 2008] : Dan: ooc Dan would have re-stabled before approaching
[Tue Apr 1 22:40:15 2008] : Captain: "It's those bloody adventurers! Time to shorten their noses lads and lasses!"
[Tue Apr 1 22:40:23 2008] : Captain: They attack!
[Tue Apr 1 22:40:26 2008] : Captain: GAME END