Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Feb 19 19:48:06 2008] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Feb 19 19:48:07 2008] : Adrin: you not started playing then?
[Tue Feb 19 19:48:15 2008] : Adrin: ooc ah :)
[Tue Feb 19 19:48:48 2008] : Oona: ocwhat's the item,
[Tue Feb 19 19:48:59 2008] : Oona: ooc themyconid item
[Tue Feb 19 19:49:08 2008] : DM: You're in a small office-like room contains broken desks and four coffins and piles of dust.
[Tue Feb 19 19:49:26 2008] : DM: One of you holds the Myconid's amulets by it's fine silver chain.
[Tue Feb 19 19:49:51 2008] : Aliatra: "How about we return this and get some rest"
[Tue Feb 19 19:50:19 2008] : DM: It's an irregular stone of amber, and looking closely you see that trapped within are fine spherical particles.
[Tue Feb 19 19:50:54 2008] : Dan: "OK, is it worth resting first and seeing exactly what the item is?"
[Tue Feb 19 19:51:45 2008] : Aliatra: "Why, you plan on keeping it?"
[Tue Feb 19 19:51:51 2008] : Dan: "I could document it for the wizards, but state that we gave it to the Myconids"
[Tue Feb 19 19:52:03 2008] : Adrin: "Nothing wrong with being a bit nosey"
[Tue Feb 19 19:52:11 2008] : Dan: "Or do you think that we'd be better not informing the wizards?"
[Tue Feb 19 19:52:27 2008] : Aliatra: "Do NOT document it if we decide the myconids need it. I don't trust that lot any further than I could throw them"
[Tue Feb 19 19:52:32 2008] : Dan: "And no, Ali, my quest for more knowlege is not motivated by greed!"
[Tue Feb 19 19:52:53 2008] : Adrin: "I dont think the wee plants want to be world famous"
[Tue Feb 19 19:52:59 2008] : Aliatra: "Just curious why you want to examine it, is all"
[Tue Feb 19 19:53:26 2008] : Dan: "it's magical. I like discovering about magic"
[Tue Feb 19 19:53:44 2008] : Aliatra: "But if you just want to take a closer look, be my guest"
[Tue Feb 19 19:53:45 2008] : Dan: "Perhaps I can tell the Myconids something that they don't know about it?"
[Tue Feb 19 19:54:14 2008] : Aliatra: "I think they would like that"
[Tue Feb 19 19:54:36 2008] : Dan: "I won't be able to tell everything until tomorrow"
[Tue Feb 19 19:54:47 2008] : Dan: Dan takes the item and examines it
[Tue Feb 19 19:54:58 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Detect Magic (level 0): Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
[Tue Feb 19 19:55:16 2008] : Oona: "Interesting."
[Tue Feb 19 19:55:18 2008] : Dan: Dan concentrates on the item
[Tue Feb 19 19:55:25 2008] : Oona: Oona mutters under her breath.
[Tue Feb 19 19:55:29 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, well, Aha..."
[Tue Feb 19 19:55:39 2008] : Dan: "After all that it's not magical!"
[Tue Feb 19 19:55:58 2008] : Oona: "Grmbl. and I get flamed when I want to look at stuff..."
[Tue Feb 19 19:56:00 2008] : Dan: "So nothing new to be learned from it that way"
[Tue Feb 19 19:56:15 2008] : Oona: "I say we just give it back"
[Tue Feb 19 19:56:19 2008] : Oona: "and be done with it"
[Tue Feb 19 19:56:23 2008] : Dan: "Fine"
[Tue Feb 19 19:56:25 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: History Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [7,9] = (16)
[Tue Feb 19 19:56:33 2008] : Dan: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [12,6] = (18)
[Tue Feb 19 19:58:07 2008] : Aliatra: "Take it back and rest and then, tomorrow, we can explore the secret corridors"
[Tue Feb 19 19:58:21 2008] : DM: ooc what secret corridors?
[Tue Feb 19 19:58:32 2008] : DM: ooc so secret that I don't know about them?
[Tue Feb 19 19:58:39 2008] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Feb 19 19:58:54 2008] : Dan: "Do you mean the Myconid tunnels?"
[Tue Feb 19 19:58:56 2008] : Oona: ooc roflmao
[Tue Feb 19 19:59:04 2008] : Aliatra: "Yep, what else"
[Tue Feb 19 19:59:33 2008] : Dan: "I don't know. Maybe you spotted a door that I never"
[Tue Feb 19 19:59:38 2008] : DM: ooc oh, they're not so secret. More dark and smelling of mushrooms.
[Tue Feb 19 19:59:51 2008] : Adrin: ooc mmm mushrooms
[Tue Feb 19 19:59:59 2008] : Dan: "Are we planning on going to the other side of the door blocked by the statues?"
[Tue Feb 19 20:00:09 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Now I'm hungry!
[Tue Feb 19 20:00:17 2008] : Dan: "If so, how do we do so?"
[Tue Feb 19 20:00:37 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's ask the myconids about that, they might know something"
[Tue Feb 19 20:00:43 2008] : Dan: "I can dimension door two people through, but not 3"
[Tue Feb 19 20:01:03 2008] : Dan: "To get all four of us through needs 3 spells each way"
[Tue Feb 19 20:01:31 2008] : Dan: "Unless any of you has recently learned how to walk through solid objects"
[Tue Feb 19 20:01:42 2008] : Dan: Dan loooks up hopefully
[Tue Feb 19 20:01:53 2008] : Adrin: "Only if I chop them to bits first"
[Tue Feb 19 20:02:02 2008] : Oona: "Well, I haven't"
[Tue Feb 19 20:02:04 2008] : DM: ooc which would be an option
[Tue Feb 19 20:02:06 2008] : Aliatra: "That would come in useful, but I can't oblige you there"
[Tue Feb 19 20:02:46 2008] : Dan: ooc did the statues appear to be welded to the floor? Or seperate?
[Tue Feb 19 20:02:57 2008] : DM: ooc separate
[Tue Feb 19 20:03:15 2008] : Oona: ooc wait didn't we dimension door already? Or is that another try at another door?
[Tue Feb 19 20:03:42 2008] : Dan: "I could perhaps grease the floor and we could try pushing the statues"
[Tue Feb 19 20:03:48 2008] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Feb 19 20:04:05 2008] : Dan: "Although I imagine that they're incredibly heavy"
[Tue Feb 19 20:04:11 2008] : Aliatra: ooc We did at the other door, but that could be opened from the other side
[Tue Feb 19 20:04:30 2008] : Aliatra: ooc And this door is closed off by the statues
[Tue Feb 19 20:04:55 2008] : Dan: ooc are the statues connected?
[Tue Feb 19 20:05:07 2008] : DM: ooc no
[Tue Feb 19 20:05:24 2008] : Dan: "We only need to move one of them"
[Tue Feb 19 20:07:00 2008] : Aliatra: "I hesitate to even touch them, some serious magic has been used to turn them into stone"
[Tue Feb 19 20:07:27 2008] : Adrin: "If you can grease the floor I'm sure Ali and I could give one of them a good enough push to move it"
[Tue Feb 19 20:07:45 2008] : Dan: "I could summon some creatures to aid you in pushing"
[Tue Feb 19 20:07:57 2008] : Dan: "A dire ape is very strong"
[Tue Feb 19 20:08:03 2008] : Adrin: "Oh good idea"
[Tue Feb 19 20:08:18 2008] : Oona: "If those doors are closed, there might be a reason"
[Tue Feb 19 20:08:26 2008] : Dan: "Do we want to try this before we rest?"
[Tue Feb 19 20:08:41 2008] : Oona: "I say no. We rest first and then get to the doors"
[Tue Feb 19 20:08:51 2008] : Aliatra: "We only know for sure they're blocked, but they might not even be locked"
[Tue Feb 19 20:08:51 2008] : Oona: "We have no idea what we're going to find on the other side"
[Tue Feb 19 20:08:52 2008] : Dan: "They're only blocked Oona, and you could use the same argument about any doors"
[Tue Feb 19 20:08:56 2008] : Adrin: "I'd rather do it now"
[Tue Feb 19 20:09:00 2008] : Dan: "Me also"
[Tue Feb 19 20:09:07 2008] : Oona: "We might as well be ready for the worst"
[Tue Feb 19 20:09:09 2008] : Aliatra: "Rest now, move later"
[Tue Feb 19 20:09:14 2008] : Dan: "You don't have to worry about using up your spells Oona"
[Tue Feb 19 20:09:41 2008] : Adrin: ooc I've got 2 rages per day. One is used - I can use the other here
[Tue Feb 19 20:09:50 2008] : Dan: "I have all the spells necessary for my plan now, if i use them in the morning, they're not available until the day after"
[Tue Feb 19 20:10:36 2008] : Adrin: "Besides are we really going to be any more prepared tomorrow?"
[Tue Feb 19 20:11:16 2008] : Oona: "OK, you know better"
[Tue Feb 19 20:11:26 2008] : Oona: "I'll just follow up whatever plan you have"
[Tue Feb 19 20:11:27 2008] : Aliatra: "Just remember I'm just about out of spells, so if we encounter any more undead ..."
[Tue Feb 19 20:11:44 2008] : Dan: "I just want to move the statue"
[Tue Feb 19 20:11:54 2008] : Dan: "We can leave the doors until tomorrow"
[Tue Feb 19 20:12:02 2008] : Adrin: "...we just hit them instead"
[Tue Feb 19 20:12:46 2008] : Dan: "OK, I'll summon two creatures to help, then grease the floor"
[Tue Feb 19 20:12:59 2008] : Dan: "Everyone happy?"
[Tue Feb 19 20:13:17 2008] : Adrin: "Oh yes"
[Tue Feb 19 20:13:17 2008] : Aliatra: "I can give one of us extra strength to assist with the shoving"
[Tue Feb 19 20:13:32 2008] : Aliatra: "If we're going to do it, let's do it"
[Tue Feb 19 20:13:32 2008] : Adrin: "You take it"
[Tue Feb 19 20:13:47 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks a bit apprehensive
[Tue Feb 19 20:14:01 2008] : Dan: "Are you OK Ali?"
[Tue Feb 19 20:14:25 2008] : Adrin: ooc how long does grease last?
[Tue Feb 19 20:15:00 2008] : Dan: ooc 1 round per level
[Tue Feb 19 20:15:09 2008] : Dan: ooc 8 rounds in my case
[Tue Feb 19 20:15:11 2008] : DM: ooc 2xheight and ~2.5 x density gives around 1600 kg.
[Tue Feb 19 20:15:30 2008] : DM: ooc sounds plausible.
[Tue Feb 19 20:15:42 2008] : Oona: ooc brb
[Tue Feb 19 20:15:44 2008] : Aliatra: "I'd rather wait or even not do it, but the decision has been taken"
[Tue Feb 19 20:16:07 2008] : Dan: "No, if we aren't happy to do it, then let's not do it"
[Tue Feb 19 20:16:17 2008] : Dan: "We're a team after all."
[Tue Feb 19 20:16:21 2008] : Adrin: "At the worst we can retreat out the big door and bar it"
[Tue Feb 19 20:16:36 2008] : Dan: "It bars on this side Adrin"
[Tue Feb 19 20:17:07 2008] : Adrin: "We can lean against it then"
[Tue Feb 19 20:17:25 2008] : Dan: "It also opens into the room"
[Tue Feb 19 20:17:30 2008] : Aliatra: "I'm in, Adrin, just with some reservations"
[Tue Feb 19 20:17:31 2008] : DM: This door does have a lock on it as well.
[Tue Feb 19 20:17:40 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Dan, I meant
[Tue Feb 19 20:17:48 2008] : Dan: Dan smiles
[Tue Feb 19 20:17:55 2008] : Adrin: "You really are a smart-arse Dan"
[Tue Feb 19 20:18:05 2008] : Adrin: "Shut up and cast"
[Tue Feb 19 20:18:06 2008] : Dan: "I just want to use my spells to best effect Ali"
[Tue Feb 19 20:18:08 2008] : Aliatra: "Isn''t he just?"
[Tue Feb 19 20:18:33 2008] : Dan: "I'm just telling you what I know of the doors"
[Tue Feb 19 20:18:43 2008] : Dan: Dan starts casting
[Tue Feb 19 20:18:48 2008] : Dan: Dan finishes casting Augmented Summon Monster III - Fiendish Ape (Large magical beast): 41hp; 5 resist on cold and fire; Damage reduction 5/Magic; AC= 14 (12 FF, 11 Touch); SR = 9; Darkvision; Scent; Speed 30ft (walk and climb)
[Tue Feb 19 20:19:03 2008] : Dan: ooc str = 25
[Tue Feb 19 20:19:45 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra starts casting on herself
[Tue Feb 19 20:19:51 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 2: Bull's Strength (lvl 2) Subject gains +4 to Str for 1 min./lvl.
[Tue Feb 19 20:20:02 2008] : Adrin: Adrin gets himself all wound up
[Tue Feb 19 20:20:12 2008] : Dan: Dan finishes casting Augmented Summon Monster IV - Fiendish Dire Wolf (Large Outsider): 69hp; 5 resist on cold and fire; Damage reduction 5/Magic; AC= 14; SR = 11; Darkvision 60'; Speed 50ft
[Tue Feb 19 20:20:22 2008] : Dan: ooc str = 29
[Tue Feb 19 20:20:28 2008] : Adrin: ooc wow
[Tue Feb 19 20:20:33 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Grease (level 1): Makes 10-ft. square or one object slippery (DC 17 reflex save; duration - 1 round/level)
[Tue Feb 19 20:21:29 2008] : Dan: Dan orders the animals to position themselves to push and pull
[Tue Feb 19 20:21:41 2008] : Oona: Oona gets her tools ready to look at the door and its lock
[Tue Feb 19 20:22:17 2008] : Dan: "OK everyone, push or pull"
[Tue Feb 19 20:22:23 2008] : Adrin: Adrin finds somewhere to push as gives it his all
[Tue Feb 19 20:22:27 2008] : Oona: "I'll push"
[Tue Feb 19 20:22:37 2008] : Dan: Dan helps too
[Tue Feb 19 20:22:38 2008] : DM: The ape gets to work and starts pushing the large statue out of the way of the door. It's scrapes along the floor for a bit before toppling over...
[Tue Feb 19 20:22:45 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra joins Adrin and grins as she startes pushing
[Tue Feb 19 20:22:46 2008] : DM: Reflex save for the wolf
[Tue Feb 19 20:22:59 2008] : Dan: Augmented Fiendish Dire Wolf: Reflex Save [1d20+7] => [5,7] = (12)
[Tue Feb 19 20:23:17 2008] : Dan: ooc well cushioned that wolf!
[Tue Feb 19 20:23:19 2008] : Aliatra: "A good thing we were all pushing"
[Tue Feb 19 20:24:15 2008] : DM: The wolf leaps out of the way as the stone giant topples over slow and crashes to the ground. It's outstretched left arm breaks off with the impact and the stone flags crack.
[Tue Feb 19 20:24:36 2008] : Dan: "Err..."
[Tue Feb 19 20:24:50 2008] : DM: The statue has been moved sufficiently that the doors will be openable.
[Tue Feb 19 20:24:51 2008] : Dan: ooc which statue was it?"
[Tue Feb 19 20:25:01 2008] : DM: The prince of earth.
[Tue Feb 19 20:25:17 2008] : Aliatra: "That was something I didn't want to happen, at all"
[Tue Feb 19 20:25:21 2008] : Oona: ooc what are stone flags?
[Tue Feb 19 20:25:27 2008] : Dan: "Yes, me too"
[Tue Feb 19 20:25:28 2008] : DM: ooc stone paving slabs
[Tue Feb 19 20:25:38 2008] : Adrin: "I wasn't bothered"
[Tue Feb 19 20:25:40 2008] : Oona: "Indeed. Shame he lost his arm..."
[Tue Feb 19 20:25:58 2008] : Dan: "He's the good guy too!"
[Tue Feb 19 20:26:52 2008] : Aliatra: "And someone might be able to turn him into flesh again, but now with one less arm"
[Tue Feb 19 20:26:54 2008] : Oona: "Is there a chance that we get them to be alive again?"
[Tue Feb 19 20:27:05 2008] : Dan: "Ah well, what's done is done. We moved him sufficiently that we can open the doors"
[Tue Feb 19 20:27:05 2008] : Oona: "Ah, yes."
[Tue Feb 19 20:27:27 2008] : Adrin: "Anyone who can turn him back can probably heal his arm too"
[Tue Feb 19 20:27:31 2008] : Dan: "I'm sure it's nothing that a good healing spell can't fix Ali"
[Tue Feb 19 20:27:44 2008] : Dan: "Now, I'm all for resting"
[Tue Feb 19 20:28:07 2008] : Adrin: "Yeah, Oona, is that door locked?"
[Tue Feb 19 20:28:08 2008] : Aliatra: "It's done, we'll have to just deal"
[Tue Feb 19 20:29:01 2008] : Oona: Oona puts on her googles and starts looking for traps and examining the lock
[Tue Feb 19 20:29:03 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [20,15] = (35)
[Tue Feb 19 20:29:43 2008] : Dan: "If the wizards have a problem with our actions, then what are we to do? We needed to check the room behind to make sure that they'd be safe"
[Tue Feb 19 20:30:04 2008] : Adrin: "Or we could just say it was like that when we got here"
[Tue Feb 19 20:30:39 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, good idea Adrin"
[Tue Feb 19 20:30:53 2008] : Oona: "OK, there are no traps, but I should be able to pick the lock"
[Tue Feb 19 20:31:02 2008] : Oona: "If of course that's what we want to do"
[Tue Feb 19 20:31:22 2008] : Oona: Oona readies her tools and starts working on the lock
[Tue Feb 19 20:31:23 2008] : Dan: "Not just yet is my opinion"
[Tue Feb 19 20:31:27 2008] : Adrin: "Stop!"
[Tue Feb 19 20:31:32 2008] : Aliatra: "How about we do that tomorrow? It's been locked for eons, it'll keep a bit longer"
[Tue Feb 19 20:31:36 2008] : Oona: Oona stops
[Tue Feb 19 20:31:51 2008] : Oona: I see. OK then, let me examine it so I know where to start tomorrow
[Tue Feb 19 20:31:53 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [4,15] = (19)
[Tue Feb 19 20:32:08 2008] : Oona: Oona takes her time and studies the lock
[Tue Feb 19 20:32:16 2008] : Oona: "Ok, I think I can get rid of it"
[Tue Feb 19 20:32:23 2008] : Oona: "We"ll see tomorrow"
[Tue Feb 19 20:32:49 2008] : Dan: brb - dog needs a pee
[Tue Feb 19 20:33:50 2008] : Aliatra: ooc At least dogs need less time than babies :-)
[Tue Feb 19 20:34:07 2008] : Adrin: ooc cats rock!
[Tue Feb 19 20:34:42 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Apart from the hairs on my working clothes (suits)
[Tue Feb 19 20:35:17 2008] : DM: ooc working clothes? suits? what words are these?
[Tue Feb 19 20:35:44 2008] : Dan: ooc back
[Tue Feb 19 20:35:54 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Never mind, David, I'll explain that when you're big
[Tue Feb 19 20:36:17 2008] : Dan: ooc Westies don't shed hair, unlike Phoebe!
[Tue Feb 19 20:36:47 2008] : Aliatra: ooc They're hairless? \o/
[Tue Feb 19 20:37:52 2008] : Oona: ooc Emma is hairless :P
[Tue Feb 19 20:37:55 2008] : Dan: ooc no, theyr'e just not hair shedders
[Tue Feb 19 20:38:35 2008] : Dan: "OK, are we taking the item back to the Myconid or resting first?"
[Tue Feb 19 20:39:17 2008] : Adrin: "Not sure I like leaving this door unguarded"
[Tue Feb 19 20:39:52 2008] : Dan: "It's still locked, but we can rest in here if you like"
[Tue Feb 19 20:40:11 2008] : Aliatra: "Want to push that statue back? Oona just checked that the door is locjed, it'll be fine, Adrin"
[Tue Feb 19 20:40:33 2008] : Aliatra: "I'd rather go to the myconids and return their belongings to them"
[Tue Feb 19 20:40:40 2008] : Adrin: "I'm just saying that maybe something on the other side can unlock it"
[Tue Feb 19 20:42:31 2008] : Dan: "What can have lived on the other side for centuries that was just wating for the day that the blockage was removed so that they could unpick the lock?"
[Tue Feb 19 20:42:51 2008] : Adrin: "A very patient ghost?"
[Tue Feb 19 20:43:01 2008] : DM: ooc dunno, if you tell me I can have it attack you :P
[Tue Feb 19 20:43:09 2008] : Oona: ooc lol
[Tue Feb 19 20:43:10 2008] : Aliatra: "How about we move some of those harnasses in front of the doors as an early warning system?"
[Tue Feb 19 20:43:21 2008] : Dan: "Not sure if you've noticed, but ghosts aren't too concerned with walls"
[Tue Feb 19 20:43:34 2008] : Adrin: "Nah, lets go see the muchroom king"
[Tue Feb 19 20:43:41 2008] : Adrin: ooc mushroom
[Tue Feb 19 20:43:42 2008] : Oona: ooc we've rested once already haven't we?
[Tue Feb 19 20:43:55 2008] : Dan: "OK, let's go"
[Tue Feb 19 20:44:39 2008] : Dan: "If there's a potential centuries old lock pick on the other side of the door, I imagine they'd have picked the lock, then discovered that the door is barred"
[Tue Feb 19 20:44:43 2008] : DM: ooc whilst you've been underground, yes.
[Tue Feb 19 20:45:06 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra move in the direction of the myconid room
[Tue Feb 19 20:45:19 2008] : Dan: Dan follows Ali
[Tue Feb 19 20:46:35 2008] : Oona: Oona follows
[Tue Feb 19 20:46:53 2008] : Myconid: The myconid waits until you've all entered the room before it puffs spores at you.
[Tue Feb 19 20:47:08 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra inhales
[Tue Feb 19 20:47:11 2008] : Myconid: ooc resist/accept?
[Tue Feb 19 20:47:20 2008] : Dan: Dan breathes deep
[Tue Feb 19 20:47:22 2008] : Adrin: Adrin inhales
[Tue Feb 19 20:47:25 2008] : Adrin: Adrin inhales
[Tue Feb 19 20:48:14 2008] : Myconid: "It has been but a short while since we last met. Surely, you have not obtained the amulet already?"
[Tue Feb 19 20:48:48 2008] : Aliatra: "We have killed the skeletons and vampires and now return the amulet to you"
[Tue Feb 19 20:49:03 2008] : Myconid: It holds out a stubby hand.
[Tue Feb 19 20:51:06 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra motions to Dan to hand the amulet over
[Tue Feb 19 20:52:30 2008] : Dan: Dan hands over the amulet
[Tue Feb 19 20:52:54 2008] : Dan: ooc sorry, Sam was asking me questions and demanding answers
[Tue Feb 19 20:53:03 2008] : Myconid: The myconid holds the amulet up, it spins on it's chain catching the light.
[Tue Feb 19 20:53:46 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Bad Sam, bad! ;-)
[Tue Feb 19 20:53:59 2008] : Myconid: "Do you see the spores of the First of our colony? The loss of this brought much shame to our Colony and we are greatful for your assistance."
[Tue Feb 19 20:54:29 2008] : Oona: "So that's what they are. A relic of sorts"
[Tue Feb 19 20:54:31 2008] : Aliatra: "Honour can be a mighty motivator"
[Tue Feb 19 20:54:37 2008] : Oona: "We are glad to have helped"
[Tue Feb 19 20:55:08 2008] : Myconid: "Do you wish to enter our tunnels? We have sustenence and safe places where you may rest."
[Tue Feb 19 20:55:27 2008] : Aliatra: "That would be most welcome"
[Tue Feb 19 20:55:57 2008] : Dan: " We thank you for your hospitality"
[Tue Feb 19 20:56:20 2008] : Myconid: "Our Elder will be places to relate to you the history of this place of square stone and people long gone. Or we can show you the tunnels that lead deeper into this complex."
[Tue Feb 19 20:57:20 2008] : Adrin: "Tunnels would be interesting"
[Tue Feb 19 20:57:21 2008] : Aliatra: "I would very much like to hear tales of the big fight in the halls of stone"
[Tue Feb 19 21:00:16 2008] : Dan: ooc hello?
[Tue Feb 19 21:00:30 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I'm here :)
[Tue Feb 19 21:00:47 2008] : Myconid: ooc perhaps you'd care to venture and opinion of the myconids suggestions?
[Tue Feb 19 21:01:23 2008] : Dan: "Is it possible to speak to your elder, and then tomorrow view the tunnels?"
[Tue Feb 19 21:01:34 2008] : Myconid: "Of course."
[Tue Feb 19 21:02:07 2008] : Aliatra: "That would be most appreciated"
[Tue Feb 19 21:02:46 2008] : Dan: "Does that sound like a good suggestion to you Oona and Adrin?"
[Tue Feb 19 21:03:21 2008] : Oona: "Yes, I'm in for a good story"
[Tue Feb 19 21:03:29 2008] : Adrin: "Yeah, I suppose so"
[Tue Feb 19 21:03:29 2008] : Dan: ooc offer us any either/or option and we'll always say Both DM ;)
[Tue Feb 19 21:03:30 2008] : Oona: "And I am intrigued by the fate of this city"
[Tue Feb 19 21:03:57 2008] : Myconid: ooc I wasn't kinda expecting it.
[Tue Feb 19 21:04:14 2008] : Myconid: "Follow me."
[Tue Feb 19 21:04:18 2008] : Oona: "Knowledge of the place would be a plus for our mission anyway"
[Tue Feb 19 21:04:24 2008] : Oona: "Let us go"
[Tue Feb 19 21:04:28 2008] : Dan: "OK, take us to your Elder"
[Tue Feb 19 21:04:32 2008] : Dan: ooc :D
[Tue Feb 19 21:04:36 2008] : Adrin: ooc groan
[Tue Feb 19 21:04:40 2008] : Aliatra: "Yes, lead us where you will"
[Tue Feb 19 21:04:56 2008] : Aliatra: ooc That was way bad!
[Tue Feb 19 21:05:17 2008] : Myconid: The myconid leads the way through the twisty, turny tunnels. Phosphorecent molds and fungi provide dim illumination allowing you to see your surroundings.
[Tue Feb 19 21:06:09 2008] : Dan: "They certainly have their own way of getting by down here. It's very different to my own experience, but it works."
[Tue Feb 19 21:06:23 2008] : Myconid: After about 15 mins of following, it motions you through a doorway.
[Tue Feb 19 21:07:42 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra enters
[Tue Feb 19 21:07:57 2008] : Adrin: Adrin follows
[Tue Feb 19 21:08:15 2008] : Dan: Dan enters
[Tue Feb 19 21:09:59 2008] : Oona: follows...
[Tue Feb 19 21:11:12 2008] : Myconid: Through the natural doorway is a medium sized chamber, resting on a carved seat of stone is a large, clearly elderly myconid.
[Tue Feb 19 21:12:18 2008] : Myconid: The floor of the chamber is dry and is covered in soft-looking dried mossy substance.
[Tue Feb 19 21:12:54 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra bows for the myconid
[Tue Feb 19 21:13:09 2008] : Dan: Dan bows respectfully
[Tue Feb 19 21:13:47 2008] : Elder Agaricales: "We appreciate your assistance. We are not a confrontation Colony. Come and sit and I will tell you the lore of the place above."
[Tue Feb 19 21:14:36 2008] : Dan: "Thankyou Your Majesty"
[Tue Feb 19 21:14:36 2008] : Adrin: Adrin tries to get as comfortable as he can
[Tue Feb 19 21:14:45 2008] : Dan: Dan sits as requested
[Tue Feb 19 21:14:53 2008] : Aliatra: "We're honoured"
[Tue Feb 19 21:15:08 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra sits down and listens
[Tue Feb 19 21:16:52 2008] : DM: The elder myconid begins to recount the epic tale of waring giant princes and princesses, of a evil wind from above that brough a choking cloud of gas that slew the thriving city, a titanic battle as the prince of eath and the prince of air fought through the city, and finally the wrath of the gods turning both to stone as they fought.
[Tue Feb 19 21:17:44 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra whispers to Dan: "The wrath of the gods?"
[Tue Feb 19 21:18:43 2008] : Dan: "More your territory I fell Ali"
[Tue Feb 19 21:18:46 2008] : Dan: ooc feel
[Tue Feb 19 21:19:04 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [18,7] = (25)
[Tue Feb 19 21:19:14 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+10] => [6,10] = (16)
[Tue Feb 19 21:19:34 2008] : DM: ooc it's an epic tale and not necessarily all true.
[Tue Feb 19 21:19:37 2008] : Aliatra: ooc But your roll is better than mine ;)
[Tue Feb 19 21:20:04 2008] : Aliatra: "Never let the facts interfere with a good story"
[Tue Feb 19 21:20:53 2008] : DM: Next the elder talks of the undead rising and roaming the empty city, forcing the colony to seclude itself in its deep tunnels and hidden passages.
[Tue Feb 19 21:22:18 2008] : Dan: Dan listens intently
[Tue Feb 19 21:22:20 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra nods as she listens to this tale
[Tue Feb 19 21:23:09 2008] : Adrin: Adrin looks a little sleepy
[Tue Feb 19 21:23:19 2008] : DM: The tale is concluded and the other myconid returns to lead you to another chamber already prepared with soft beds of moss and a selection of unusual foodstuffs.
[Tue Feb 19 21:23:55 2008] : DM: Where it leaves you with assurances that it will return the next day.
[Tue Feb 19 21:24:48 2008] : Aliatra: "Hmm, I don't know half these foods"
[Tue Feb 19 21:25:07 2008] : Dan: "Well, I'm not sure we learned anything particualarly new, but meeting the Myconid king was a wonderful experience"
[Tue Feb 19 21:25:24 2008] : Adrin: "He went on a bit though"
[Tue Feb 19 21:25:56 2008] : Oona: Oona grins
[Tue Feb 19 21:26:13 2008] : Oona: "He did take his time"
[Tue Feb 19 21:26:20 2008] : Dan: "I found it quite fascinating. Just from the sheer presence of their king"
[Tue Feb 19 21:26:48 2008] : Aliatra: "Some people just love to hear their own voices ... eh ... thoughts"
[Tue Feb 19 21:27:40 2008] : Dan: Dan picks small pieces of the food and tastes them individually to decide what he likes best
[Tue Feb 19 21:28:20 2008] : Adrin: "Think its edible Dan?"
[Tue Feb 19 21:28:28 2008] : DM: There's fat grubs, tubers, fungi, strange eyeless fish.
[Tue Feb 19 21:28:44 2008] : Oona: Oona just ventures, tasting what "looks" best
[Tue Feb 19 21:28:59 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra tries some of the tubers and fungi
[Tue Feb 19 21:29:17 2008] : Dan: "I avoided the grubs, but all the vegetation tasted OK"
[Tue Feb 19 21:29:38 2008] : Dan: "I won't eat the animal stuff unless it's cooked"
[Tue Feb 19 21:30:14 2008] : Adrin: Adrin tries a bit of everything, and then eats some more of nicer stuff
[Tue Feb 19 21:30:25 2008] : Dan: "The funghi are OK, but I reckon we might be better puttin git in a pot and cooking the lot"
[Tue Feb 19 21:31:52 2008] : Adrin: "I dont think they'd like us lighting a fire down here"
[Tue Feb 19 21:31:59 2008] : Aliatra: "Do we have any firewood here and a way out for the smoke?"
[Tue Feb 19 21:32:14 2008] : Dan: "Good points, bot of you"
[Tue Feb 19 21:32:33 2008] : Dan: "What are the grubs like?"
[Tue Feb 19 21:32:41 2008] : DM: ooc Cast Leomund's Handy Cooking Pot (Level 2).
[Tue Feb 19 21:32:50 2008] : Adrin: ooc heh
[Tue Feb 19 21:33:04 2008] : Adrin: "Kinda squelchy"
[Tue Feb 19 21:33:18 2008] : Dan: Dan tries one
[Tue Feb 19 21:33:18 2008] : DM: ooc the food is tasty just a little unusual.
[Tue Feb 19 21:33:40 2008] : Dan: Dan eats more of the stuff he found tastiest, then settles down for night
[Tue Feb 19 21:33:42 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra tries some other food
[Tue Feb 19 21:36:19 2008] : DM: The myconid guard returns when you've eaten and rested and relearned all your spells etc.
[Tue Feb 19 21:37:06 2008] : Myconid: "You wish to enter the lower levels of the palace?"
[Tue Feb 19 21:37:38 2008] : Adrin: "Definately"
[Tue Feb 19 21:37:42 2008] : Dan: "Yes"
[Tue Feb 19 21:37:42 2008] : Aliatra: "Yes, I would very much like that"
[Tue Feb 19 21:38:07 2008] : Oona: "indeed"
[Tue Feb 19 21:38:39 2008] : Myconid: It leads the way down more tunnels that turn this way and that until you can see a bright circle of light ahead.
[Tue Feb 19 21:39:02 2008] : Myconid: "Should you wish to return, find one of the Colony to act as a guide."
[Tue Feb 19 21:39:07 2008] : Myconid: Then it leaves you.
[Tue Feb 19 21:39:07 2008] : Dan: "Light?"
[Tue Feb 19 21:39:35 2008] : DM: ooc light similar to the magical gem light in the city,
[Tue Feb 19 21:40:10 2008] : Adrin: "I wonder what this is?"
[Tue Feb 19 21:40:22 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's find out"
[Tue Feb 19 21:40:39 2008] : Dan: Dan continues up the corridor
[Tue Feb 19 21:41:31 2008] : DM: The tunnel exits into the corner of a once opulent, but now faded with age, room.
[Tue Feb 19 21:41:39 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra follows, sword in hand
[Tue Feb 19 21:42:06 2008] : DM: Doorways lead to further rooms all similarly appointed.
[Tue Feb 19 21:42:38 2008] : DM: Judging from the oversized furniture you would surmise that these are the personal chambers of the prince.
[Tue Feb 19 21:43:06 2008] : Aliatra: "This must have been so beautiful"
[Tue Feb 19 21:43:20 2008] : Adrin: "Lets have a look around"
[Tue Feb 19 21:43:27 2008] : Dan: "He was certainly cultured"
[Tue Feb 19 21:43:31 2008] : Adrin: Adrin heads to the nearest doorway
[Tue Feb 19 21:43:55 2008] : DM: Carved stone features prominantely, both architecturally and in statues and ornaments.
[Tue Feb 19 21:44:27 2008] : DM: On the occasional piece, a gem or some gold glitters.
[Tue Feb 19 21:44:28 2008] : Dan: "Oona, are we safe to look around?"
[Tue Feb 19 21:47:48 2008] : Oona: "let me look"
[Tue Feb 19 21:48:33 2008] : DM: ooc how about we assume Oona search everywhere while you explore the rooms?
[Tue Feb 19 21:48:42 2008] : Oona: *Oona carefully examines the room carefully, checking for traps, especially around sttues and ornaments
[Tue Feb 19 21:48:49 2008] : Oona: ooc sounds good :-)
[Tue Feb 19 21:48:51 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [1,15] = (16)
[Tue Feb 19 21:49:24 2008] : DM: You spend a good few hours exploring and searching the rooms.
[Tue Feb 19 21:50:23 2008] : Aliatra: "Gems and gold are for us, right?"
[Tue Feb 19 21:50:36 2008] : DM: The rooms all come off a wide corridor, the exit of which is the large doors you were outside yesterday.
[Tue Feb 19 21:51:13 2008] : DM: One of the rooms is a library and is stacked high with books and scrolls and other reading material.
[Tue Feb 19 21:52:13 2008] : Aliatra: "Books!"
[Tue Feb 19 21:52:29 2008] : Adrin: "Great"
[Tue Feb 19 21:53:13 2008] : Oona: "Be careful!"
[Tue Feb 19 21:53:20 2008] : Dan: "Curb your enthusiasm Adrin"
[Tue Feb 19 21:53:26 2008] : Dan: Dan smiles
[Tue Feb 19 21:54:37 2008] : Adrin: Adrin leaves the books and keeps wandering
[Tue Feb 19 21:54:57 2008] : Oona: there's traps here and here
[Tue Feb 19 21:55:09 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks at the books, trying to decipher the titles
[Tue Feb 19 21:55:16 2008] : Oona: Oona points to the main doors
[Tue Feb 19 21:55:28 2008] : Oona: "and here too"
[Tue Feb 19 21:55:30 2008] : DM: ooc 800 XP each for reaching these inner chambers.
[Tue Feb 19 21:55:54 2008] : Dan: ooc cool
[Tue Feb 19 21:56:05 2008] : DM: ooc and 50 XP for role-playing eating lunch which I thought was amusing...
[Tue Feb 19 21:56:08 2008] : Oona: Oona points to small box on a dressing table
[Tue Feb 19 21:56:18 2008] : Oona: ooc :-)
[Tue Feb 19 21:56:25 2008] : Adrin: ooc :)
[Tue Feb 19 21:56:41 2008] : Adrin: "Oh, can you open it Oona?"
[Tue Feb 19 21:57:04 2008] : Oona: Oona starts examining the traps by the main doors
[Tue Feb 19 21:57:09 2008] : Aliatra: LOL
[Tue Feb 19 21:57:16 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [10,15] = (25)
[Tue Feb 19 21:57:34 2008] : Oona: Disable Device Skill Check: [1d20+16] => [18,16] = (34)
[Tue Feb 19 21:57:57 2008] : Oona: Oona tries and disables the mechanism
[Tue Feb 19 21:58:00 2008] : Adrin: "I meant the box"
[Tue Feb 19 21:58:17 2008] : Dan: "Are these main doors on the other side of the ones by the statues do you think?"
[Tue Feb 19 21:58:26 2008] : DM: ooc yes.
[Tue Feb 19 21:58:35 2008] : Oona: ok, i think that one is safe
[Tue Feb 19 21:58:50 2008] : Aliatra: "Do you want to open it?"
[Tue Feb 19 21:58:54 2008] : Oona: "there was a pressure plate and a pit trap"
[Tue Feb 19 21:59:14 2008] : Aliatra: "For a box? What could be in it?"
[Tue Feb 19 21:59:26 2008] : Oona: ooc the doors
[Tue Feb 19 21:59:30 2008] : Oona: not the box
[Tue Feb 19 21:59:42 2008] : Aliatra: ooc oops ;-)
[Tue Feb 19 21:59:55 2008] : Oona: Oona gets closer to the box and starts examining it as well
[Tue Feb 19 22:00:02 2008] : Aliatra: "Someone didn't want those door opened from the wrong side"
[Tue Feb 19 22:00:55 2008] : Oona: ooc with goggles
[Tue Feb 19 22:01:00 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [8,15] = (23)
[Tue Feb 19 22:01:07 2008] : Oona: Disable Device Skill Check: [1d20+16] => [20,16] = (36)
[Tue Feb 19 22:01:27 2008] : Oona: Oona then tries to disable the trap
[Tue Feb 19 22:03:18 2008] : Oona: "ouch, that one was nasty"
[Tue Feb 19 22:03:30 2008] : Adrin: "What was it?"
[Tue Feb 19 22:03:35 2008] : Oona: Oona exhibits a long needle
[Tue Feb 19 22:03:47 2008] : Oona: "poison needle, I assume"
[Tue Feb 19 22:04:04 2008] : Oona: Oona checks the box's lock
[Tue Feb 19 22:04:42 2008] : DM: ooc locked
[Tue Feb 19 22:04:49 2008] : DM: ooc 375 XP for the traps.
[Tue Feb 19 22:04:50 2008] : Oona: Open Lock Skill Check: [1d20+17] => [11,17] = (28)
[Tue Feb 19 22:05:15 2008] : DM: *click*
[Tue Feb 19 22:06:15 2008] : DM: Inside the box, lying on faded and fraying velvet are a number of rings and amulets.
[Tue Feb 19 22:06:31 2008] : Adrin: "Ohh, chineys"
[Tue Feb 19 22:06:34 2008] : Adrin: "Ohh, Shineys"
[Tue Feb 19 22:06:56 2008] : Dan: "Nice!"
[Tue Feb 19 22:07:49 2008] : DM: There are 4 rings and 2 amulets.
[Tue Feb 19 22:07:53 2008] : Aliatra: "Better check them first, Dan"
[Tue Feb 19 22:07:55 2008] : Oona: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [3,7] = (10)
[Tue Feb 19 22:08:09 2008] : Dan: "Check them?"
[Tue Feb 19 22:08:24 2008] : Oona: Oona looks at the lot, trying to see what they're worth
[Tue Feb 19 22:08:29 2008] : Aliatra: "See if any of them are magical"
[Tue Feb 19 22:08:39 2008] : Adrin: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [11,3] = (14)
[Tue Feb 19 22:08:44 2008] : Dan: "If you mean detect magic, then perhaps it's worth gathering all items we find down here"
[Tue Feb 19 22:09:15 2008] : Dan: "Having said that, there's not necessarily anything else down here"
[Tue Feb 19 22:09:45 2008] : DM: Other than the scrolls and the stone carved artwork there's nothing else that appears of value.
[Tue Feb 19 22:11:20 2008] : DM: There are dozens of the art pieces.
[Tue Feb 19 22:11:54 2008] : Dan: ooc what magic items were we allowed to keep?
[Tue Feb 19 22:12:12 2008] : Aliatra: "Anyone want to take those statues or the precious stones in them?"
[Tue Feb 19 22:12:16 2008] : Aliatra: ooc None?
[Tue Feb 19 22:12:18 2008] : DM: ooc none
[Tue Feb 19 22:13:13 2008] : Dan: "If we're not allowed any magic items, then I guess that we grab all loot"
[Tue Feb 19 22:13:45 2008] : Adrin: "Will they really know if we DO take anything?"
[Tue Feb 19 22:13:55 2008] : Oona: "Exactly"
[Tue Feb 19 22:14:32 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra shrugs
[Tue Feb 19 22:14:46 2008] : Oona: "I don't know if it's worth keeping these scrolls for example, but it's certainly worth knowing what we're handing"
[Tue Feb 19 22:14:46 2008] : Adrin: "And even if they do, what can they do about it?"
[Tue Feb 19 22:14:54 2008] : Oona: "Just to bargain if we can"
[Tue Feb 19 22:15:31 2008] : Dan: "They must know that we'll take some stuff. As long as we don't take the piss"
[Tue Feb 19 22:15:48 2008] : Dan: "They can have two of the wands that we found"
[Tue Feb 19 22:15:52 2008] : Oona: "Again, I think it's worth choosing our battles"
[Tue Feb 19 22:16:16 2008] : Oona: "Let them keep some stuff, but let us keep the things we do believe are of any use to us"
[Tue Feb 19 22:16:17 2008] : Adrin: "Keep anything good, give them the crap"
[Tue Feb 19 22:16:24 2008] : Oona: "Or that"
[Tue Feb 19 22:16:29 2008] : Oona: Oona grins
[Tue Feb 19 22:16:36 2008] : Aliatra: "I agree with Oona, examine what we find and THEN decide what to keep"
[Tue Feb 19 22:17:40 2008] : Dan: "There's not been anything down here with that huge an aura of magic"
[Tue Feb 19 22:18:00 2008] : Dan: ooc did Ali grab anything out of the library?
[Tue Feb 19 22:18:36 2008] : DM: ooc did you cast detect magic then?
[Tue Feb 19 22:18:50 2008] : Dan: ooc not yet
[Tue Feb 19 22:18:55 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I never touched a thing
[Tue Feb 19 22:19:57 2008] : Dan: "Ali, do you have Detect Magic memorised?"
[Tue Feb 19 22:20:52 2008] : Aliatra: "As it happens, I did pray for that spell"
[Tue Feb 19 22:20:57 2008] : Dan: "I have one, but I'd rather cast it in the library if it's the only one we have"
[Tue Feb 19 22:21:16 2008] : Adrin: "Why not carry these into the library?"
[Tue Feb 19 22:21:38 2008] : Dan: "Probably still the best idea Adrin"
[Tue Feb 19 22:21:57 2008] : Aliatra: "We can cast 2, where do you want to search for magic items?"
[Tue Feb 19 22:22:22 2008] : Dan: "We'll save yours for later Ali. You can use yours as healing if needed"
[Tue Feb 19 22:22:47 2008] : Dan: "Let's go into the library with the box and I'll cast my spell"
[Tue Feb 19 22:23:11 2008] : Oona: "Sounds good"
[Tue Feb 19 22:23:17 2008] : Aliatra: "I'll take it"
[Tue Feb 19 22:23:45 2008] : Oona: ooc friends, Emma just started crying. So I'm gonna have to go in a few minutes ;-)
[Tue Feb 19 22:23:52 2008] : Dan: Dan stands in front of the box and casts
[Tue Feb 19 22:24:00 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Detect Magic (level 0): Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
[Tue Feb 19 22:24:11 2008] : DM: The jewelery is magical as are some of the scrolls.
[Tue Feb 19 22:24:20 2008] : DM: GAME END