Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Feb 5 19:20:14 2008] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Feb 5 19:20:42 2008] : DM: You're in a large vaulted room with two rows of stone columns.
[Tue Feb 5 19:21:26 2008] : DM: There are large double doors of iron and wood at either end and in front of the doors at the far end are two very life-like statues of two giants in combat with each other.
[Tue Feb 5 19:21:56 2008] : DM: In the corner of the room are four skeletons, staffs of wood lying next to them.
[Tue Feb 5 19:24:07 2008] : Dan (enter): 19:24
[Tue Feb 5 19:24:08 2008] : Adrin (enter): 19:24
[Tue Feb 5 19:24:17 2008] : Adrin: Booting '(15) Adrin' from server...
[Tue Feb 5 19:24:18 2008] : Adrin (exit): 19:24
[Tue Feb 5 19:24:20 2008] : Dan: Booting '(17) Dan' from server...
[Tue Feb 5 19:24:21 2008] : Dan (exit): 19:24
[Tue Feb 5 19:25:04 2008] : Dan: Looks OK now
[Tue Feb 5 19:25:05 2008] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Feb 5 19:25:08 2008] : DM: You're in a large vaulted room with two rows of stone columns.
[Tue Feb 5 19:25:11 2008] : DM: There are large double doors of iron and wood at either end and in front of the doors at the far end are two very life-like statues of two giants in combat with each other.
[Tue Feb 5 19:25:11 2008] : Adrin: ooc did we not go into the room north of the 'ghost room'?
[Tue Feb 5 19:25:13 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 19:25
[Tue Feb 5 19:25:13 2008] : DM: In the corner of the room are four skeletons, staffs of wood lying next to them.
[Tue Feb 5 19:25:34 2008] : Adrin: ooc ty :)
[Tue Feb 5 19:26:31 2008] : Adrin: "Do you think there's any way to move these things?"
[Tue Feb 5 19:26:48 2008] : Aliatra: "I don't even know if it's safe to come near them"
[Tue Feb 5 19:26:57 2008] : Dan: "As I was saying, I think that these may be two of the elemental lords in the writings"
[Tue Feb 5 19:27:21 2008] : Dan: "It looks like the 4 skeletons were wizards who perhaps transmuted them into stone"
[Tue Feb 5 19:27:40 2008] : Aliatra: "Can you detect what magic was used on those lords, Dan?"
[Tue Feb 5 19:27:47 2008] : Dan: Dan cautiously approaches the nearest skeleton
[Tue Feb 5 19:28:15 2008] : Dan: "The magical aura would have to be very powerful to still be present"
[Tue Feb 5 19:28:42 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Detect Magic (level 0): Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
[Tue Feb 5 19:29:15 2008] : DM: There is no trace of magic of the giant stone figures.
[Tue Feb 5 19:29:21 2008] : Dan: Dan concentrates for a few minutes looking at eack skeleton, the 4 staffs and the two statues
[Tue Feb 5 19:29:25 2008] : DM: ..on the..
[Tue Feb 5 19:29:26 2008] : Dan: ooc each
[Tue Feb 5 19:29:48 2008] : DM: The staffs are magical
[Tue Feb 5 19:30:08 2008] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+19] => [17,19] = (36)
[Tue Feb 5 19:30:09 2008] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+19] => [3,19] = (22)
[Tue Feb 5 19:30:10 2008] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+19] => [17,19] = (36)
[Tue Feb 5 19:30:11 2008] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+19] => [14,19] = (33)
[Tue Feb 5 19:31:21 2008] : DM: ooc staffs can be used by any wizard regardless of their prohibited schools?
[Tue Feb 5 19:31:35 2008] : Dan: ooc Umm??
[Tue Feb 5 19:31:49 2008] : Adrin: ooc I would've thought so
[Tue Feb 5 19:32:24 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I don't think so
[Tue Feb 5 19:32:32 2008] : Dan: ooc spell trigger, so I don't think so
[Tue Feb 5 19:32:51 2008] : Adrin: ooc thats a bit crappy :(
[Tue Feb 5 19:33:21 2008] : DM: ooc I'd better change the spells on them then.
[Tue Feb 5 19:33:28 2008] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Feb 5 19:33:41 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Prohibited = prohobited ;-)
[Tue Feb 5 19:33:49 2008] : Adrin: ooc groan
[Tue Feb 5 19:34:05 2008] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Feb 5 19:34:48 2008] : Dan: ooc "Anyone with a spell on his or her spell list knows how to use a spell trigger item that stores that spell."
[Tue Feb 5 19:35:06 2008] : Adrin: ooc that's suggest you couldn't use it
[Tue Feb 5 19:35:14 2008] : DM: ooc you have to know the spell too? Ouch.
[Tue Feb 5 19:35:48 2008] : Adrin: ooc is spell list ONLY the ones you know?
[Tue Feb 5 19:36:30 2008] : Adrin: ooc Surely Dan would know/ know of spells he can't cast yet
[Tue Feb 5 19:36:30 2008] : DM: ooc perhaps not.
[Tue Feb 5 19:36:40 2008] : Dan: ooc "(This is the case even for a character who can’t actually cast spells, such as a 3rd-level paladin.) "
[Tue Feb 5 19:36:55 2008] : Dan: ooc so it just has to be a spell that you could potentially cast
[Tue Feb 5 19:37:00 2008] : DM: Two staffs are evocation, one is warm to the touch and the other crackles with electricity.
[Tue Feb 5 19:37:14 2008] : Aliatra: ooc AFAIK you can use wands for spells you don't know *yet*
[Tue Feb 5 19:38:15 2008] : DM: Another staff is also evocation and is cool to the touch.
[Tue Feb 5 19:38:45 2008] : Adrin: ooc What's Dans barred school?
[Tue Feb 5 19:39:05 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, evocation magic, possibly a staff of fire and one with electricity and one with cold"
[Tue Feb 5 19:39:27 2008] : DM: And the last has an aura of abjuration
[Tue Feb 5 19:39:31 2008] : Dan: ooc Transmutation and Enchantment
[Tue Feb 5 19:40:03 2008] : Dan: "Finally one with some abjuration magic"
[Tue Feb 5 19:40:43 2008] : Dan: "In order to truly understand these we will have to take them. Should we risk it or leave them for the wizard party to take that risk?"
[Tue Feb 5 19:41:33 2008] : Aliatra: "Can you use them? Then take them, we are allowed the treasure we find, aren't we?"
[Tue Feb 5 19:41:41 2008] : Adrin: "Might be easier to study them outside, but would they want to see how and where they were found?"
[Tue Feb 5 19:42:18 2008] : Dan: "I'm happy to take them, I'm just not sure what will happen. What witht he strange goings on in this place"
[Tue Feb 5 19:42:34 2008] : Adrin: ooc If we use Ali's reasoning there wont be much for the Scholars to examine :D
[Tue Feb 5 19:42:38 2008] : DM: ooc your contract said any treature except writings and magical items. That doesn't mean you have to pay any attention to it...
[Tue Feb 5 19:43:05 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Shit
[Tue Feb 5 19:43:27 2008] : Adrin: "How about we take one, on the quiet?"
[Tue Feb 5 19:43:30 2008] : Aliatra: "Still, your call"
[Tue Feb 5 19:43:52 2008] : Adrin: "If it turns out to be really important we could always 'find it' later"
[Tue Feb 5 19:44:58 2008] : Dan: "I'd hate to leave them and find that the other team came here and took them"
[Tue Feb 5 19:44:58 2008] : Aliatra: "I like your reasoning, Adrin. Dan, do those wands seem extra-ordinary to you? If not, you might as well take them"
[Tue Feb 5 19:45:06 2008] : Aliatra: "That too"
[Tue Feb 5 19:45:13 2008] : Adrin: "Take you pick. Fire, Ice, Sparks, or the Abberation-thingy one"
[Tue Feb 5 19:45:16 2008] : Dan: ooc What level of auar DM?
[Tue Feb 5 19:46:03 2008] : DM: The auras are weak in strength
[Tue Feb 5 19:46:03 2008] : Dan: ooc auar = aura!
[Tue Feb 5 19:46:23 2008] : Dan: "They're not artefacts"
[Tue Feb 5 19:46:37 2008] : Dan: "I think that we should be safe taking them"
[Tue Feb 5 19:46:47 2008] : Aliatra: "So who is going to get hurt by us taking them?"
[Tue Feb 5 19:47:16 2008] : Dan: "That's Abjuration Adrin. It's protection magic."
[Tue Feb 5 19:47:42 2008] : Dan: "I just wonder if they're serving some purpose other than lying here for centuries"
[Tue Feb 5 19:47:43 2008] : Adrin: "Ah right. Do you think it could protect me from myself?"
[Tue Feb 5 19:47:46 2008] : DM: The auras are faint in strength (to use the terminology in the PHB)
[Tue Feb 5 19:47:50 2008] : Dan: "I think that we should risk it"
[Tue Feb 5 19:47:53 2008] : Adrin: Adrin chuckles
[Tue Feb 5 19:49:00 2008] : Dan: "Does one of you have a bag of holding that we can shove them in for now?"
[Tue Feb 5 19:49:30 2008] : Dan: "At least that way no-one can see them when we return outside"
[Tue Feb 5 19:49:31 2008] : Aliatra: "Sure, put them in my haversack"
[Tue Feb 5 19:49:58 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra opens up her backpack to store the wands
[Tue Feb 5 19:50:01 2008] : Adrin: "I picked up a handy little backpack a while back"
[Tue Feb 5 19:50:03 2008] : DM: ooc staffs
[Tue Feb 5 19:50:40 2008] : Dan: "Ah, I can do that with my own handy haversack Ali, I wasn't sure that they'd fit in so I suggested a bag of holding"
[Tue Feb 5 19:50:53 2008] : Aliatra: ooc OK, staffs
[Tue Feb 5 19:51:31 2008] : Dan: Dan reaches for the nearest staff, hesitates, then picks it up
[Tue Feb 5 19:51:55 2008] : Aliatra: ooc The haversacks work with volume as well, don't they?
[Tue Feb 5 19:51:59 2008] : DM: You pick it up.
[Tue Feb 5 19:52:21 2008] : Adrin: ooc 8 cubic feet in the main bit
[Tue Feb 5 19:52:29 2008] : Dan: Dan shoves it in the main compartment of his haversack and marvels as it slides all the way in
[Tue Feb 5 19:52:37 2008] : Adrin: ooc oo-er
[Tue Feb 5 19:52:52 2008] : Dan: Dan then picks up the remaining staffs for later identification
[Tue Feb 5 19:52:55 2008] : DM: ooc You're so predictable Bert
[Tue Feb 5 19:53:09 2008] : Adrin: ooc thank you, I'm here all week
[Tue Feb 5 19:53:27 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Feb 5 19:53:47 2008] : DM: Okay
[Tue Feb 5 19:54:30 2008] : Adrin: ooc its the people I work with dragging me into the gutter, honest
[Tue Feb 5 19:54:31 2008] : Server Administrator-> Kicking '(16) Aliatra' from server... Removing dead client
[Tue Feb 5 19:54:32 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 19:54
[Tue Feb 5 19:54:43 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Ouch!
[Tue Feb 5 19:55:13 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I believe you, Bert
[Tue Feb 5 19:55:26 2008] : Aliatra: "What do we do now?"
[Tue Feb 5 19:55:45 2008] : Dan: "Try the doors at the rear?"
[Tue Feb 5 19:55:52 2008] : Adrin: "Well, unless we can get past these things and through the doorway, nothing"
[Tue Feb 5 19:56:03 2008] : Dan: "But let's try to guess who the statues are first"
[Tue Feb 5 19:57:23 2008] : Aliatra: "I thought we already did that"
[Tue Feb 5 19:57:37 2008] : Dan: "Ah, do the doors open inwards? And one of the statues is in the way!"
[Tue Feb 5 19:57:51 2008] : DM: The statue prevents the doors from opening.
[Tue Feb 5 19:57:52 2008] : Dan: "We did? SO which two did we decide upon?"
[Tue Feb 5 19:59:26 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I forget
[Tue Feb 5 19:59:44 2008] : Aliatra: "One must be the mutual enemy, since he is locked in combat"
[Tue Feb 5 20:00:25 2008] : DM: The male figure in front of the door is shorter and broader than the other and is wearing heavy plate mail and carrying a large greataxe.
[Tue Feb 5 20:00:50 2008] : Dan: "So the male is the troublemaker? The lord of Earth?"
[Tue Feb 5 20:00:56 2008] : Adrin: ooc earth and air I think
[Tue Feb 5 20:01:24 2008] : Aliatra: "Seeing his build and weapon, I'd think so yes"
[Tue Feb 5 20:01:29 2008] : Dan: "Ah, earth is this realm, so he's not the troublemaker"
[Tue Feb 5 20:01:30 2008] : DM: The other male figure is slenderer and taller and wears lightmail and has a long flowing hair and no helm (the other has a horned helm) and wields and long, slightly curved two handed blade
[Tue Feb 5 20:02:03 2008] : Dan: "SO perhaps, as they are fighting, the slender one is the lord of air, with his noxious gases"
[Tue Feb 5 20:02:07 2008] : Adrin: "The other must be Air since the rest were supposedly Allies"
[Tue Feb 5 20:02:15 2008] : Dan: ooc which is in front of the door?
[Tue Feb 5 20:02:24 2008] : DM: ooc so Korey Prince of earth and Aithne Prince of Air
[Tue Feb 5 20:02:36 2008] : DM: Korey is in front of the door.
[Tue Feb 5 20:04:30 2008] : Adrin: "There's no way we're getting past these guys"
[Tue Feb 5 20:04:31 2008] : Aliatra: "Let me tell you one thing: I don't fancy waking up either one. They were enchanted when fighting and must be really mad when turned into flesh again"
[Tue Feb 5 20:05:27 2008] : Dan: "I imagine so Ali. I don't think I'd want to wake to find my citizens centuries dead either"
[Tue Feb 5 20:06:11 2008] : Adrin: "Maybe they'd realise it was all pointless and become productive members of society"
[Tue Feb 5 20:06:20 2008] : Adrin: Adrin tries to keep a straight face
[Tue Feb 5 20:06:22 2008] : Aliatra: "So can't wake them, can't go around them, breaking them into small pieces might upset the wizards ... what options do we have?"
[Tue Feb 5 20:06:42 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra laughs out loud
[Tue Feb 5 20:07:02 2008] : Dan: "We can report how we found them and that we could not open the door as one of them was in the way"
[Tue Feb 5 20:07:22 2008] : Dan: "Omitting the staves from the story"
[Tue Feb 5 20:07:31 2008] : Adrin: "Sounds good"
[Tue Feb 5 20:07:48 2008] : Dan: "Ideally I'd like to see what's behind them though"
[Tue Feb 5 20:07:49 2008] : Adrin: "How long til we meet the mushroom king?"
[Tue Feb 5 20:08:01 2008] : Aliatra: "Who's ever going to know those staffs were here? Or still here?"
[Tue Feb 5 20:08:09 2008] : Dan: "Maybe we should look at the other building and ponder a way into the room."
[Tue Feb 5 20:08:25 2008] : Dan: "Otherwise I can open a dimension door again tomorrow"
[Tue Feb 5 20:08:43 2008] : Adrin: "oh yes, there's another building isn't there"
[Tue Feb 5 20:09:27 2008] : Dan: "I think that I'll memorise two spells so that we can get back out"
[Tue Feb 5 20:09:41 2008] : Aliatra: "Dimension door sounds good, and less work then breaking that prince into rubble"
[Tue Feb 5 20:10:14 2008] : Dan: "I'm not sure that the wizards would appreciate any damage to the statue lords"
[Tue Feb 5 20:11:36 2008] : Aliatra: "I tend to agree with you there"
[Tue Feb 5 20:12:39 2008] : Adrin: "Right, lets go check out that other big place"
[Tue Feb 5 20:13:01 2008] : Aliatra: "Before or after the mushroom king?"
[Tue Feb 5 20:13:22 2008] : Adrin: "I think we've still got time before"
[Tue Feb 5 20:13:22 2008] : Dan: "Perhaps we should try the myconid as Adrin suggested first?"
[Tue Feb 5 20:14:13 2008] : Adrin: "I'm useless at telling the time. Always have been"
[Tue Feb 5 20:14:45 2008] : DM: ooc still not time
[Tue Feb 5 20:15:13 2008] : Dan: "Let's check and see on the way out and if it's not time we'll try the other building"
[Tue Feb 5 20:15:44 2008] : Aliatra: "Sure"
[Tue Feb 5 20:15:57 2008] : Dan: Dan heads out via the myconid room, sees that we're too early and then exits the place
[Tue Feb 5 20:16:21 2008] : Adrin: Adrin heads out
[Tue Feb 5 20:16:24 2008] : DM: When you enter the fungus room you see a myconid there
[Tue Feb 5 20:16:43 2008] : DM: It puffs a cloud of spores at you...
[Tue Feb 5 20:16:55 2008] : DM: ooc Inhaling the spores?
[Tue Feb 5 20:17:31 2008] : Adrin: ooc yes
[Tue Feb 5 20:17:34 2008] : Dan: Dan inhales
[Tue Feb 5 20:17:42 2008] : Dan: ooc but does nto smoke
[Tue Feb 5 20:17:44 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks at the fungus from a distance
[Tue Feb 5 20:17:52 2008] : Dan: ooc not
[Tue Feb 5 20:17:55 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Ha-ha
[Tue Feb 5 20:18:35 2008] : Aliatra: "What are you doing, Dan, get out of there before that gunk gets into your lunges"
[Tue Feb 5 20:19:12 2008] : Adrin: "Its ok Ali"
[Tue Feb 5 20:19:30 2008] : Adrin: "How so?" (to the myconid)
[Tue Feb 5 20:19:52 2008] : Dan: "What is the task?"
[Tue Feb 5 20:20:03 2008] : Aliatra: "What?"
[Tue Feb 5 20:20:20 2008] : Dan: "They use the spores to communicate telepathically Ali"
[Tue Feb 5 20:20:20 2008] : Adrin: "Breathe in. It speaks to us then"
[Tue Feb 5 20:20:55 2008] : Dan: "I was wary yesterday, but Oona breathed some and we befriended the myconids here"
[Tue Feb 5 20:21:24 2008] : Dan: "They have a task for us"
[Tue Feb 5 20:21:44 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra reluctantly steps forward and inhales some of the spores
[Tue Feb 5 20:22:11 2008] : Dan: Dan thinks "We will have to discuss any task that you have before accepting"
[Tue Feb 5 20:22:32 2008] : Dan: Dan then repeats it for the others to hear
[Tue Feb 5 20:22:47 2008] : Aliatra: [1d4] => [3] = (3)
[Tue Feb 5 20:23:13 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Oops
[Tue Feb 5 20:23:22 2008] : Aliatra: "What task?"
[Tue Feb 5 20:23:26 2008] : Myconid: (speaking to all telepathically) "At a time past, our colony was invaded by a creature of evil."
[Tue Feb 5 20:24:05 2008] : Myconid: "It stole a talisman of great value to use."
[Tue Feb 5 20:24:44 2008] : Aliatra: "So you want that back, then?"
[Tue Feb 5 20:25:03 2008] : Myconid: "It now lurks in one of the buildings nearby and has surrounded itself with undead abominations."
[Tue Feb 5 20:25:42 2008] : Dan: "Ah, sounds like a job that we would gladly undertake"
[Tue Feb 5 20:26:02 2008] : Aliatra: "More undead, whoopy"
[Tue Feb 5 20:26:04 2008] : Myconid: "Retrieve this talisman and slay the creature of evil and we shall allow you into our realm and tell you tales of times long gone."
[Tue Feb 5 20:27:00 2008] : Aliatra: "Do you have anything else for us? Stacks of gold, perhaps?"
[Tue Feb 5 20:27:34 2008] : Dan: "li, the memories that these folk have may prove to be of far greater value"
[Tue Feb 5 20:28:00 2008] : Myconid: "We have no use for gold and have none to offer."
[Tue Feb 5 20:28:01 2008] : Aliatra: "For you perhaps, Dan, for others not really"
[Tue Feb 5 20:28:08 2008] : Dan: "I thought that you'd be eager to kill this creature that uses undead"
[Tue Feb 5 20:28:38 2008] : Myconid: "Your realm has many tunnels that lead to many hidden places. Perhaps you can find what you want in this places."
[Tue Feb 5 20:29:01 2008] : Aliatra: "Perhaps we can"
[Tue Feb 5 20:29:58 2008] : Dan: ooc should that be "our"
[Tue Feb 5 20:30:36 2008] : Myconid: ooc yeah
[Tue Feb 5 20:30:53 2008] : Dan: ooc ooc OK, makes more sense :)
[Tue Feb 5 20:30:59 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Feb 5 20:33:54 2008] : Aliatra: "So we go and destroy undead and conquer a necromancer. Sounds like fun"
[Tue Feb 5 20:33:58 2008] : Myconid: The Myconid waits patiently
[Tue Feb 5 20:34:34 2008] : Dan: "He said an evil creature, might be another undead, or something else"
[Tue Feb 5 20:34:54 2008] : Dan: "Do we accept?"
[Tue Feb 5 20:35:00 2008] : Aliatra: "Surrounded by undead, sounds like a necromancer of some kind"
[Tue Feb 5 20:35:17 2008] : Aliatra: "Sure, we might as well as long as we're here"
[Tue Feb 5 20:35:25 2008] : Dan: "I do, but it needs to be unanimous"
[Tue Feb 5 20:35:33 2008] : Dan: "Adrin?"
[Tue Feb 5 20:35:41 2008] : Adrin: "Sounds like fun to me"
[Tue Feb 5 20:36:00 2008] : Dan: Dan nods at the myconid "We accept"
[Tue Feb 5 20:36:47 2008] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Feb 5 20:37:05 2008] : Myconid: "Good. I will await your return for 3 days."
[Tue Feb 5 20:38:03 2008] : Dan: "OK, can you describe the location of the building?"
[Tue Feb 5 20:38:48 2008] : Myconid: "It is the other large building next to this one."
[Tue Feb 5 20:39:15 2008] : Dan: "Sounds easy enough. Shall we go?"
[Tue Feb 5 20:40:07 2008] : Aliatra: "Yes, let's. Goodbye"
[Tue Feb 5 20:40:23 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra bows at the myconid
[Tue Feb 5 20:41:21 2008] : Dan: Dan turns and leaves the building, looking for the other large building
[Tue Feb 5 20:41:56 2008] : Dan: "We're being paid to kill undead anyway, so it's not like it's something not on our current itinerary"
[Tue Feb 5 20:43:00 2008] : Dan: "We just have to return their talisman. I like those guys, but I do wonder what will happen when the wizards enter here"
[Tue Feb 5 20:43:08 2008] : Aliatra: "Nope, but I really dislike undead"
[Tue Feb 5 20:43:25 2008] : Adrin: ooc back
[Tue Feb 5 20:44:05 2008] : Adrin: "They're not top of my list either"
[Tue Feb 5 20:45:18 2008] : Myconid: As you approach you building you notice it's main door is broken and all that remains of it are rusty metal hinges and small bits of decayed wood.
[Tue Feb 5 20:45:51 2008] : DM: Inside you near the sound of many bony feet clicking on a hard tiled surface.
[Tue Feb 5 20:45:53 2008] : Aliatra: "They're not keen on maintenance, are they?"
[Tue Feb 5 20:46:20 2008] : Dan: "Not overly, no"
[Tue Feb 5 20:46:33 2008] : DM: ooc probably none of the builders they called ever returned their calls.
[Tue Feb 5 20:46:57 2008] : Dan: "I think that I shall make some preparations"
[Tue Feb 5 20:47:11 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Mirror Image (level 2): Creates decoy duplicates of you (1d4 +1 per three levels, max 8) ==> [1d4+2] => [2,2] = (4) images (Image AC = 14; Duration - 1 minute per level)
[Tue Feb 5 20:48:08 2008] : Dan: "OK, I'm a little better prepared"
[Tue Feb 5 20:48:11 2008] : Aliatra: "Adrin: would yoi like some extra strength?"
[Tue Feb 5 20:48:35 2008] : Adrin: ooc doesn't stack with my gauntlets does it?
[Tue Feb 5 20:48:41 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 2: Bull's Strength (lvl 2) Subject gains +4 to Str for 1 min./lvl.
[Tue Feb 5 20:49:03 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Oops, didn't mean to do that already
[Tue Feb 5 20:49:08 2008] : Dan: ooc doesn't stack, but over-rides them if better
[Tue Feb 5 20:49:46 2008] : Adrin: ooc its an extra 2 then :)
[Tue Feb 5 20:50:06 2008] : Adrin: "Always, but hold off til we see them"
[Tue Feb 5 20:50:42 2008] : Dan: "Shall we enter?"
[Tue Feb 5 20:50:46 2008] : Aliatra: "Sure"
[Tue Feb 5 20:50:51 2008] : Dan: ooc how light is it inside?
[Tue Feb 5 20:51:07 2008] : Dan: ooc I can see in low light, but not in the dark
[Tue Feb 5 20:51:17 2008] : DM: The building looks like it's lit
[Tue Feb 5 20:51:31 2008] : Dan: "After you"
[Tue Feb 5 20:51:45 2008] : Aliatra: "Thank you, kind sir"
[Tue Feb 5 20:51:54 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra enters, sword in hand
[Tue Feb 5 20:52:32 2008] : Dan: Dan decides a staff is his best weapon if push comes to shove and grabs his plain one from his haversack
[Tue Feb 5 20:52:49 2008] : DM: As you near the entrance you see that the room is packed with dozens of skeletons, they all turn and look at you...
[Tue Feb 5 20:52:53 2008] : DM: Initiative
[Tue Feb 5 20:52:59 2008] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [2,5] = (7)
[Tue Feb 5 20:53:09 2008] : Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+3] => [17,3] = (20)
[Tue Feb 5 20:53:10 2008] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [11,7] = (18)
[Tue Feb 5 20:53:14 2008] : DM: [1d20+5] => [14,5] = (19)
[Tue Feb 5 20:54:13 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Feb 5 20:55:02 2008] : Adrin: "Thats a lot of skeletons. Any chance you could blast them all in one go Dan?"
[Tue Feb 5 20:55:15 2008] : Dan: "Possibly"
[Tue Feb 5 20:55:35 2008] : Dan: "I'll give it a try"
[Tue Feb 5 20:55:51 2008] : Adrin: Hold action til after dan
[Tue Feb 5 20:56:43 2008] : Skeleton Horde: The skeleton horde surges forwards, eager to rend your flesh with their clawed hands.
[Tue Feb 5 20:57:41 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Aliatra and Adrin are attacked by 4 skeletons each.
[Tue Feb 5 20:57:45 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [8,0] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Feb 5 20:57:46 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [11,0] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Feb 5 20:57:46 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [12,0] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [3,0] = (3)
[Tue Feb 5 20:57:47 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [3,0] = (3) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [3,0] = (3)
[Tue Feb 5 20:57:49 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [15,0] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [3,0] = (3)
[Tue Feb 5 20:57:49 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [12,0] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [2,0] = (2)
[Tue Feb 5 20:57:50 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [15,0] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Feb 5 20:57:50 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [18,0] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [2,0] = (2)
[Tue Feb 5 20:58:10 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Their weak attacks are ineffectual
[Tue Feb 5 20:58:17 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Feb 5 20:58:45 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra casts the light of the sum on the undead
[Tue Feb 5 20:58:49 2008] : Aliatra: Searing Light (lvl 3) Ray deals 1d8/two levels damage [2d8] => [8,8] = (16), more against undead [5d6] => [1,2,6,3,2] = (14).
[Tue Feb 5 20:59:05 2008] : Dan: ooc can skeletons move *and* attack?
[Tue Feb 5 20:59:06 2008] : Aliatra: ooc of the sun, of course
[Tue Feb 5 20:59:15 2008] : DM: ooc yes, you're thinking of zombies
[Tue Feb 5 20:59:16 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Feb 5 20:59:25 2008] : Dan: ooc ah, OK
[Tue Feb 5 20:59:44 2008] : DM: ooc did you really want to cast that spell against a single skeleton? It's a bit of a waste
[Tue Feb 5 21:00:23 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Shoot, I missed it was a single monster attack
[Tue Feb 5 21:00:47 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra casts a spell on Adrin
[Tue Feb 5 21:00:50 2008] : DM: ooc how about turn undead?
[Tue Feb 5 21:00:51 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 2: Bull's Strength (lvl 2) Subject gains +4 to Str for 1 min./lvl.
[Tue Feb 5 21:00:52 2008] : Adrin: ooc especially since the the 'more damage' was actually less!
[Tue Feb 5 21:01:10 2008] : Aliatra: ooc You saw that as well? ;-)
[Tue Feb 5 21:01:12 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Feb 5 21:01:18 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Feb 5 21:02:14 2008] : Adrin: ooc Dan feels strangely unable to step back from the horde, almost as if a great wall were behind him
[Tue Feb 5 21:02:14 2008] : Dan: Dan takes a step back to the north-west
[Tue Feb 5 21:02:22 2008] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Feb 5 21:02:32 2008] : DM: ooc yeah, sorry about that drew the map too far on the left
[Tue Feb 5 21:02:44 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Feb 5 21:03:13 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Fireball (level 3): Blasts a 20ft radius with fire dealing [8d6] => [1,3,5,5,2,2,5,3] = (26) fire damage (Reflex save DC 18 for half damage)
[Tue Feb 5 21:03:39 2008] : DM: Dan blasts around 20 of the skeletons to smitherines
[Tue Feb 5 21:03:47 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Feb 5 21:03:59 2008] : Aliatra: "Nice one"
[Tue Feb 5 21:04:43 2008] : Dan: "Seems a bit of a waste to be honest, but I'd rather crack on"
[Tue Feb 5 21:04:44 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Feb 5 21:04:50 2008] : Adrin: Adrin wipes off the charred remains of his eyebrows and attacks the nearest skeleton
[Tue Feb 5 21:04:56 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (base): [1d20+14] => [4,14] = (18) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] => [5,6,7] = (18)
[Tue Feb 5 21:04:57 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (second): [1d20+9] => [1,9] = (10) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] => [6,2,7] = (15)
[Tue Feb 5 21:05:09 2008] : Adrin: +1 due to bulls str
[Tue Feb 5 21:05:15 2008] : DM: Another one shatters.
[Tue Feb 5 21:05:20 2008] : DM: ooc do you have cleave?
[Tue Feb 5 21:05:35 2008] : Adrin: nope
[Tue Feb 5 21:05:46 2008] : DM: Adrin again.
[Tue Feb 5 21:06:00 2008] : Adrin: attack the other one
[Tue Feb 5 21:06:00 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (base): [1d20+14] => [18,14] = (32) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] => [5,3,7] = (15)
[Tue Feb 5 21:06:01 2008] : Adrin: Critical hit? [1d20+14] => [14,14] = (28) ===> Damage: [4d6+14] => [2,2,4,6,14] = (28)
[Tue Feb 5 21:06:01 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (second): [1d20+9] => [20,9] = (29) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] => [1,5,7] = (13)
[Tue Feb 5 21:06:01 2008] : Adrin: Critical hit? [1d20+9] => [11,9] = (20) ===> Damage: [4d6+14] => [6,1,1,3,14] = (25)
[Tue Feb 5 21:06:28 2008] : Adrin: ooc oh great. I waste my crits on undead
[Tue Feb 5 21:06:37 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Poor Adrin
[Tue Feb 5 21:06:41 2008] : Dan: ooc Hmm - would have been 53 damage!
[Tue Feb 5 21:06:44 2008] : DM: Adrin smashes one to bites, and then shatters another on the back swing.
[Tue Feb 5 21:06:52 2008] : Adrin: ooc yeah :)
[Tue Feb 5 21:07:08 2008] : Adrin: ooc actually 55
[Tue Feb 5 21:07:34 2008] : Adrin: ooc and thats not even raging!
[Tue Feb 5 21:07:36 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Yeah, STR + 2
[Tue Feb 5 21:08:14 2008] : Skeleton Horde: The horde moves forwards
[Tue Feb 5 21:08:24 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Adrin and Aliatra are attacked
[Tue Feb 5 21:08:26 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [3,0] = (3) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [2,0] = (2)
[Tue Feb 5 21:08:27 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [19,0] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [2,0] = (2)
[Tue Feb 5 21:08:35 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Aliatra?
[Tue Feb 5 21:08:44 2008] : DM: Aliatra? How about some "Turn Undead"?
[Tue Feb 5 21:08:51 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra swings at the nearest skeleton
[Tue Feb 5 21:08:59 2008] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 against undead (base): [1d20+13] => [11,13] = (24) ===> Damage: [4d6+8] => [4,6,6,1,8] = (25)
[Tue Feb 5 21:09:00 2008] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 against undead (second): [1d20+8] => [3,8] = (11) ===> Damage: [4d6+8] => [3,6,5,1,8] = (23)
[Tue Feb 5 21:09:12 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Feb 5 21:09:31 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Forgot ;-)
[Tue Feb 5 21:09:39 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Feb 5 21:09:40 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Next turn
[Tue Feb 5 21:10:01 2008] : Dan: Dan points his finger at the nearest one and utters
[Tue Feb 5 21:10:12 2008] : Dan: Araydan casts Disrupt Undead (ray, no save) - Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+9] => [8,9] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [6,0] = (6)
[Tue Feb 5 21:10:24 2008] : DM: Dan turns a skeleton to dust
[Tue Feb 5 21:10:32 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Feb 5 21:11:09 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Feb 5 21:11:16 2008] : Adrin: Adrin steps forward and attacks
[Tue Feb 5 21:11:17 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (base): [1d20+14] => [8,14] = (22) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] => [4,6,7] = (17)
[Tue Feb 5 21:11:17 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (second): [1d20+9] => [9,9] = (18) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] => [1,2,7] = (10)
[Tue Feb 5 21:11:20 2008] : Dan: ooc don't get much use for cantrips beyond Detect Magic and Light at level 8 ;)
[Tue Feb 5 21:12:37 2008] : Skeleton Horde: They more forwards and surround Adrin and Aliatra
[Tue Feb 5 21:13:06 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [8,0] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Feb 5 21:13:07 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [6,0] = (6) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Feb 5 21:13:07 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [19,0] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [2,0] = (2)
[Tue Feb 5 21:13:08 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [11,0] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [3,0] = (3)
[Tue Feb 5 21:13:09 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [20,0] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Feb 5 21:13:09 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Critical hit? [1d20+0] => [9,0] = (9) ===> Damage: [2d4+0] => [2,2,0] = (4)
[Tue Feb 5 21:13:36 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Adrin a lucky claw strike hits you on your cheek and draw blood
[Tue Feb 5 21:13:38 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [8,0] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [3,0] = (3)
[Tue Feb 5 21:13:41 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [19,0] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [3,0] = (3)
[Tue Feb 5 21:13:41 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [12,0] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Feb 5 21:13:42 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [20,0] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [3,0] = (3)
[Tue Feb 5 21:13:42 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Critical hit? [1d20+0] => [15,0] = (15) ===> Damage: [2d4+0] => [2,2,0] = (4)
[Tue Feb 5 21:13:44 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [19,0] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [2,0] = (2)
[Tue Feb 5 21:13:46 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [20,0] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [3,0] = (3)
[Tue Feb 5 21:13:47 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Critical hit? [1d20+0] => [6,0] = (6) ===> Damage: [2d4+0] => [3,4,0] = (7)
[Tue Feb 5 21:13:48 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [4,0] = (4) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [2,0] = (2)
[Tue Feb 5 21:13:55 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [11,0] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [2,0] = (2)
[Tue Feb 5 21:14:10 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Aliatra you're slashed twice for 13 damage total.
[Tue Feb 5 21:14:15 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Feb 5 21:14:21 2008] : Adrin: "Ow!, that one scratched me"
[Tue Feb 5 21:14:23 2008] : Aliatra: "Watch out, guys, they're trying to scratch us to death"
[Tue Feb 5 21:14:50 2008] : Adrin: ooc 13? That'd be Dan near death
[Tue Feb 5 21:15:28 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Feb 5 21:16:02 2008] : Dan: ooc I'll have you know that I'd still have 10HP left! *HUMPF* ;)
[Tue Feb 5 21:16:23 2008] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Feb 5 21:23:21 2008] : Aliatra (enter): 21:23
[Tue Feb 5 21:23:32 2008] : Aliatra: ooc At last!
[Tue Feb 5 21:23:41 2008] : DM: Aliatra? It's your turn.
[Tue Feb 5 21:23:42 2008] : Dan: ooc Huzzah!
[Tue Feb 5 21:23:55 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra unleashes the power of the sun on the horde
[Tue Feb 5 21:23:59 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 0: Turn undead [1d20+3] => [6,3] = (9) (0-6: no undead; 7-9: 1 HD; 10-12: 2 HD; 13-15: 3 HD; 16-18: 4 HD; 19-21: 5 HD, from 22: 6 HD); total HD turned [2d6+6] => [3,1,6] = (10)
[Tue Feb 5 21:24:19 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Feb 5 21:24:25 2008] : DM: ooc do you destroy or turn?
[Tue Feb 5 21:24:46 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Turn
[Tue Feb 5 21:25:19 2008] : Dan: ooc if her cleric level is more than twice the HD of the skeletons it's destroy IIRC
[Tue Feb 5 21:25:22 2008] : DM: ooc destroy, they only have 1 HD and you have way more levels than that
[Tue Feb 5 21:25:50 2008] : DM: Aliatra channels energy from a distant plane and blasts 10 skeletons to dust
[Tue Feb 5 21:26:06 2008] : DM: Only some 16 skeletons now remain
[Tue Feb 5 21:26:08 2008] : Dan: "Nice work Ali"
[Tue Feb 5 21:26:23 2008] : Aliatra: "I didn't even know I could do that already"
[Tue Feb 5 21:26:29 2008] : Adrin: "Leave some for me"
[Tue Feb 5 21:26:41 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Feb 5 21:26:56 2008] : Adrin: ooc how many times can you do that per day?
[Tue Feb 5 21:27:29 2008] : DM: ooc 3 + CHA
[Tue Feb 5 21:27:31 2008] : Aliatra: ooc 4
[Tue Feb 5 21:29:20 2008] : Adrin: ooc craig has BSOD'd
[Tue Feb 5 21:29:38 2008] : DM: ooc ah
[Tue Feb 5 21:29:44 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Darn
[Tue Feb 5 21:29:52 2008] : Adrin: ooc thats what he gets for slagging Vista
[Tue Feb 5 21:31:34 2008] : Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Tue Feb 5 21:32:09 2008] : Dan (enter): 21:32
[Tue Feb 5 21:32:23 2008] : Dan: Booting '(18) Dan' from server...
[Tue Feb 5 21:32:24 2008] : Dan (exit): 21:32
[Tue Feb 5 21:32:30 2008] : DM: Dan, it's your turn. There are about 16 skeletons of the horde left
[Tue Feb 5 21:32:45 2008] : Dan: OK, dan once again points and casts
[Tue Feb 5 21:32:53 2008] : Dan: Araydan casts Disrupt Undead (ray, no save) - Ranged touch attack (base): [1d20+9] => [8,9] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [6,0] = (6)
[Tue Feb 5 21:33:00 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Feb 5 21:33:17 2008] : DM: Another one falls to bits
[Tue Feb 5 21:33:25 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Feb 5 21:33:35 2008] : Adrin: Adrin steps forward and attacks
[Tue Feb 5 21:33:37 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (base): [1d20+14] => [3,14] = (17) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] => [1,6,7] = (14)
[Tue Feb 5 21:33:37 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (second): [1d20+9] => [14,9] = (23) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] => [5,3,7] = (15)
[Tue Feb 5 21:34:06 2008] : DM: Miss and hit
[Tue Feb 5 21:34:07 2008] : Dan: ooc probably no XP for this!
[Tue Feb 5 21:34:16 2008] : Adrin: ooc I know!
[Tue Feb 5 21:34:36 2008] : Skeleton Horde: The horde surges forwards again and surrounds Adrin and Ali
[Tue Feb 5 21:34:40 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Awwww and this fight is so dangerous as well
[Tue Feb 5 21:34:40 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [8,0] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Feb 5 21:34:41 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [17,0] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [3,0] = (3)
[Tue Feb 5 21:34:42 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [8,0] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Feb 5 21:34:42 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [4,0] = (4) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [3,0] = (3)
[Tue Feb 5 21:34:43 2008] : Adrin: ooc actually getting just 1xp would be even more annoying
[Tue Feb 5 21:34:43 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [7,0] = (7) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Feb 5 21:34:44 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [4,0] = (4) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Feb 5 21:34:45 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [19,0] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Feb 5 21:34:45 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [8,0] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Feb 5 21:34:47 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [1,0] = (1) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Feb 5 21:34:48 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [4,0] = (4) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Feb 5 21:34:48 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [7,0] = (7) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [3,0] = (3)
[Tue Feb 5 21:34:49 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [17,0] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [3,0] = (3)
[Tue Feb 5 21:34:49 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [18,0] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Feb 5 21:34:50 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [5,0] = (5) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Feb 5 21:34:51 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Claw (base): [1d20+0] => [3,0] = (3) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [2,0] = (2)
[Tue Feb 5 21:34:59 2008] : Skeleton Horde: They flail ineffectually
[Tue Feb 5 21:35:33 2008] : Skeleton Horde: Aliatra? There are 15 skeletons surrounding you and Adrin.
[Tue Feb 5 21:35:38 2008] : DM: Aliatra? There are 15 skeletons surrounding you and Adrin.
[Tue Feb 5 21:35:55 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra once again calls upon the power of the sun
[Tue Feb 5 21:35:59 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 0: Turn undead [1d20+3] => [13,3] = (16) (0-6: no undead; 7-9: 1 HD; 10-12: 2 HD; 13-15: 3 HD; 16-18: 4 HD; 19-21: 5 HD, from 22: 6 HD); total HD turned [2d6+6] => [5,1,6] = (12)
[Tue Feb 5 21:36:21 2008] : Aliatra: ooc And another 12 bite the dust!
[Tue Feb 5 21:36:23 2008] : DM: Aliatra bursts almost all the remaining skeletons.
[Tue Feb 5 21:36:47 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Feb 5 21:37:21 2008] : Adrin: ooc he's gone again
[Tue Feb 5 21:39:17 2008] : Dan (enter): 21:39
[Tue Feb 5 21:39:30 2008] : Dan: Booting '(22) Dan' from server...
[Tue Feb 5 21:39:31 2008] : Dan (exit): 21:39
[Tue Feb 5 21:39:38 2008] : Aliatra: ooc wb
[Tue Feb 5 21:39:46 2008] : Dan: ooc My PC is not well!
[Tue Feb 5 21:40:01 2008] : Aliatra: Booting '(20) Aliatra' from server...
[Tue Feb 5 21:40:02 2008] : Aliatra (exit): 21:40
[Tue Feb 5 21:40:09 2008] : DM: ooc it's clearly all the skeleton dust in the air clogging up the fans.
[Tue Feb 5 21:40:09 2008] : Adrin: ooc has it got a virus ;)
[Tue Feb 5 21:40:15 2008] : Aliatra: ooc It would seem so
[Tue Feb 5 21:40:26 2008] : Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Tue Feb 5 21:40:28 2008] : DM: Dan? There are just 3 skeletons left
[Tue Feb 5 21:40:50 2008] : Dan: Dan walks over and smacks one
[Tue Feb 5 21:40:59 2008] : Dan: Quarterstaff (base): [1d20+4] => [17,4] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [6,0] = (6)
[Tue Feb 5 21:41:06 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Feb 5 21:41:07 2008] : DM: It falls to bits.
[Tue Feb 5 21:41:13 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Feb 5 21:41:19 2008] : Dan: ooc 3 sixes in a row!
[Tue Feb 5 21:41:28 2008] : Adrin: Adrin attacks
[Tue Feb 5 21:41:30 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (base): [1d20+14] => [1,14] = (15) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] => [1,2,7] = (10)
[Tue Feb 5 21:41:31 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (second): [1d20+9] => [10,9] = (19) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] => [2,1,7] = (10)
[Tue Feb 5 21:41:43 2008] : DM: And Adrin finishes off the last two.
[Tue Feb 5 21:42:06 2008] : DM: The ground around you is heap in bits of skeletons and the air is thick with dust.
[Tue Feb 5 21:42:12 2008] : DM: 1200 XP each
[Tue Feb 5 21:42:22 2008] : Dan: ooc wow!
[Tue Feb 5 21:42:38 2008] : DM: ooc you are level 8, right?
[Tue Feb 5 21:42:45 2008] : Dan: ooc yes
[Tue Feb 5 21:42:55 2008] : DM: ooc if you were level 9 you'd get nothing...
[Tue Feb 5 21:43:09 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Hurry for level 8!
[Tue Feb 5 21:43:15 2008] : Adrin: ooc 1200??
[Tue Feb 5 21:43:43 2008] : Adrin: ooc quick before he moves the decimal point!
[Tue Feb 5 21:44:17 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Hurray, not hurry
[Tue Feb 5 21:45:41 2008] : Dan: "Now shall we head in?"
[Tue Feb 5 21:45:58 2008] : Adrin: "May as well"
[Tue Feb 5 21:46:05 2008] : Aliatra: "Yes, we have still something to clean up"
[Tue Feb 5 21:46:20 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra heads on, sword in hand
[Tue Feb 5 21:46:56 2008] : DM: On the far side of the room is a grand staircase leading upwards and two corridors on the other two sides.
[Tue Feb 5 21:47:02 2008] : Dan: Dan switches to his bow
[Tue Feb 5 21:47:59 2008] : Adrin: "If I was an evil undead-raising guy, where would I be?"
[Tue Feb 5 21:48:32 2008] : Aliatra: "In the most sumptuous rooms of the neighbourhood"
[Tue Feb 5 21:48:35 2008] : Adrin: "Ali, can you sense where he might be?"
[Tue Feb 5 21:49:47 2008] : DM: ooc e.g., with a detect undead spell
[Tue Feb 5 21:50:03 2008] : Aliatra: "Only if he is undead as well"
[Tue Feb 5 21:50:16 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 1: Detect Undead (lvl 1) Reveals undead within 60 ft.
[Tue Feb 5 21:50:29 2008] : Adrin: "Worth a go at least. It'd give us an idea what we're facing too"
[Tue Feb 5 21:50:50 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra concentrates on finding out where other undead might be hiding
[Tue Feb 5 21:50:54 2008] : Dan: "Yes, good idea"
[Tue Feb 5 21:51:36 2008] : DM: There are 3 undead on the floor above.
[Tue Feb 5 21:52:07 2008] : Aliatra: "3 undead on the floor above ..."
[Tue Feb 5 21:52:11 2008] : DM: One strong and two moderate auras.
[Tue Feb 5 21:52:33 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra keeps on concentrating for a while longer
[Tue Feb 5 21:52:52 2008] : Aliatra: "One strong, 2 not so strong, but not weak either"
[Tue Feb 5 21:53:07 2008] : DM: Directly above you in a cluster.
[Tue Feb 5 21:53:28 2008] : Dan: ooc Oooh, the minis are draggable rather than point and click!
[Tue Feb 5 21:53:48 2008] : Adrin: ooc oooh nice
[Tue Feb 5 21:53:54 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Feb 5 21:54:03 2008] : Dan: "Shall we sort them out while our protective magics last, then we can search the building at leisure?"
[Tue Feb 5 21:54:31 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Kill, kill, kill the undead
[Tue Feb 5 21:54:43 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's take them out now"
[Tue Feb 5 21:54:45 2008] : Adrin: "Lets go"
[Tue Feb 5 21:55:21 2008] : Adrin: Adrin starts to move up the stairs
[Tue Feb 5 21:55:38 2008] : Dan: Dan follows
[Tue Feb 5 21:56:23 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra moves on, in the direction of the aura's
[Tue Feb 5 21:58:32 2008] : Adrin: "Lead on"
[Tue Feb 5 21:59:17 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra leads on
[Tue Feb 5 21:59:24 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Where to?
[Tue Feb 5 21:59:53 2008] : Adrin: ooc the undead
[Tue Feb 5 22:00:48 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I was asking the DM for the direction to the undead :-P
[Tue Feb 5 22:00:49 2008] : DM: Roll initiative
[Tue Feb 5 22:00:55 2008] : Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+3] => [13,3] = (16)
[Tue Feb 5 22:00:57 2008] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [14,5] = (19)
[Tue Feb 5 22:00:59 2008] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [15,7] = (22)
[Tue Feb 5 22:01:11 2008] : DM: [1d20+7] => [14,7] = (21)
[Tue Feb 5 22:02:23 2008] : Aliatra: ooc What do we see?
[Tue Feb 5 22:02:29 2008] : DM: As you climb the stairs you here some evil chuckling coming from the room at the top of the stairs.
[Tue Feb 5 22:03:15 2008] : DM: As you glance back you see three humanoids with bone white skin and blood shot eyes and claw-like hands.
[Tue Feb 5 22:03:39 2008] : DM: They baring their teeth, exposing sharp fangs.
[Tue Feb 5 22:03:45 2008] : DM: Knowledge: Religion
[Tue Feb 5 22:03:46 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [9,7] = (16)
[Tue Feb 5 22:03:57 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+10] => [8,10] = (18)
[Tue Feb 5 22:04:25 2008] : Adrin: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+4] => [4,4] = (8)
[Tue Feb 5 22:05:00 2008] : DM: The two unarmed ones are vampire spawn, the other is a full-blooded vampire.
[Tue Feb 5 22:05:29 2008] : DM: Both are widely know to feast on the blood of the living.
[Tue Feb 5 22:05:35 2008] : DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Tue Feb 5 22:05:39 2008] : Aliatra: ooc How are they with bright light?
[Tue Feb 5 22:05:47 2008] : DM: ooc you don't know
[Tue Feb 5 22:06:01 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra calls upon the sunlight to assist them
[Tue Feb 5 22:06:04 2008] : Aliatra: Searing Light (lvl 3) Ray deals 1d8/two levels damage [2d8] => [5,6] = (11), more against undead [5d6] => [1,3,2,2,5] = (13).
[Tue Feb 5 22:06:19 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Feb 5 22:06:23 2008] : DM: ooc is that ray attack a touch attack also?
[Tue Feb 5 22:06:46 2008] : DM: ooc yes it is.
[Tue Feb 5 22:07:04 2008] : DM: And which one are you aiming at?
[Tue Feb 5 22:07:26 2008] : Aliatra: ooc #2, as that one is closest to me
[Tue Feb 5 22:07:37 2008] : Aliatra: Touch attack (base): [1d20+11] => [3,11] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Feb 5 22:07:37 2008] : Aliatra: Touch attack (second): [1d20+6] => [5,6] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Feb 5 22:07:59 2008] : DM: Your ray sears the undead flesh of the vampire spawn.
[Tue Feb 5 22:08:51 2008] : Aliatra: "The power of the sun always helps"
[Tue Feb 5 22:09:10 2008] : Dan: "Certainly seems to"
[Tue Feb 5 22:09:13 2008] : Vampires: The vampires gaze into Aliatra's.
[Tue Feb 5 22:09:16 2008] : Vampires: 3 will saves
[Tue Feb 5 22:10:19 2008] : Aliatra: Will save: [1d20+8] => [8,8] = (16)
[Tue Feb 5 22:10:20 2008] : Aliatra: Will save: [1d20+8] => [14,8] = (22)
[Tue Feb 5 22:10:21 2008] : Aliatra: Will save: [1d20+8] => [20,8] = (28)
[Tue Feb 5 22:11:00 2008] : Vampires: Dan?
[Tue Feb 5 22:11:05 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks back, not blinking, then she laughs
[Tue Feb 5 22:11:21 2008] : Dan: Dan steps around and casts a spell
[Tue Feb 5 22:11:26 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Fireball (level 3): Blasts a 20ft radius with fire dealing [8d6] => [3,6,6,1,3,6,2,1] = (28) fire damage (Reflex save DC 18 for half damage)
[Tue Feb 5 22:11:39 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Feb 5 22:11:45 2008] : DM: Reflex save: [1d20+5] => [8,5] = (13)
[Tue Feb 5 22:11:46 2008] : DM: Reflex save: [1d20+5] => [20,5] = (25)
[Tue Feb 5 22:11:53 2008] : DM: Reflex save: [1d20+6] => [4,6] = (10)
[Tue Feb 5 22:12:35 2008] : DM: The vampire spawns look badly injured.
[Tue Feb 5 22:12:39 2008] : Dan: brb loo
[Tue Feb 5 22:12:47 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Feb 5 22:12:58 2008] : Adrin: Adrin moves to #3 and lays down some rage filled whoop-ass on it
[Tue Feb 5 22:13:04 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+16] => [15,16] = (31) ===> Damage: [2d6+10] => [1,6,10] = (17)
[Tue Feb 5 22:13:04 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (second): [1d20+11] => [11,11] = (22) ===> Damage: [2d6+10] => [2,5,10] = (17)
[Tue Feb 5 22:13:21 2008] : Adrin: first only, and +1 if the bulls str is stilla ctive
[Tue Feb 5 22:14:16 2008] : Dan: ooc back
[Tue Feb 5 22:14:23 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Bull's Strenght lasts 5 minutes
[Tue Feb 5 22:14:37 2008] : DM: The vampire falls to it's knees and then melts and turns into a cloud of gas.
[Tue Feb 5 22:14:43 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Feb 5 22:15:29 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra once again aims a powerful light at the spawn (#2)
[Tue Feb 5 22:15:33 2008] : Aliatra: Searing Light (lvl 3) Ray deals 1d8/two levels damage [2d8] => [3,8] = (11), more against undead [5d6] => [3,6,1,5,2] = (17).
[Tue Feb 5 22:15:41 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Feb 5 22:15:50 2008] : Aliatra: Touch attack (base): [1d20+11] => [12,11] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Feb 5 22:15:51 2008] : Aliatra: Touch attack (second): [1d20+6] => [7,6] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Feb 5 22:16:32 2008] : DM: It also turns into a cloud of gas.
[Tue Feb 5 22:17:20 2008] : DM: The two clouds of gas travel quickly to the north and pass through the walls
[Tue Feb 5 22:17:37 2008] : DM: er, pass under the door
[Tue Feb 5 22:18:06 2008] : DM: The remaining vampire bares it's fangs and lunges at Adrin
[Tue Feb 5 22:18:08 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Feb 5 22:18:12 2008] : DM: Slam (+ energy drain DC13) (base): [1d20+11] => [1,11] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d6+9] => [2,9] = (11)
[Tue Feb 5 22:18:25 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Feb 5 22:18:53 2008] : Dan: Dan moves forwards, points his finger and incants
[Tue Feb 5 22:18:58 2008] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray (base): [1d20+9] => [7,9] = (16) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [2,6,4,3,0] = (15)
[Tue Feb 5 22:18:59 2008] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray (base): [1d20+9] => [5,9] = (14) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [6,3,4,3,0] = (16)
[Tue Feb 5 22:19:38 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Feb 5 22:19:55 2008] : DM: The remaining vampires turns into a gaseous cloud
[Tue Feb 5 22:21:00 2008] : DM: ooc darn, could have summoned a pack of wolves or a swarm of rats etc.
[Tue Feb 5 22:21:01 2008] : Dan: "Ok, so now they turned into vapours, what do we do? Are they dead?"
[Tue Feb 5 22:21:27 2008] : DM: The other cloud sqeezes under the door
[Tue Feb 5 22:21:52 2008] : Aliatra: "The way those clouds flee us, I would not think so"
[Tue Feb 5 22:22:17 2008] : Adrin: Adrin runs to the door and tries to open it
[Tue Feb 5 22:22:22 2008] : DM: Str check
[Tue Feb 5 22:22:32 2008] : Adrin: Str check: [1d20+4] => [19,4] = (23)
[Tue Feb 5 22:22:37 2008] : Adrin: +5 to that
[Tue Feb 5 22:22:44 2008] : Adrin: +3 atually
[Tue Feb 5 22:23:03 2008] : DM: The ancient and decayed wood of the door falls to bits as you try opening the door.
[Tue Feb 5 22:23:34 2008] : DM: There's a corridor and a few doors on the right hand side.
[Tue Feb 5 22:24:19 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's find out how dead they really are"
[Tue Feb 5 22:24:33 2008] : DM: The clouds have just disappeared beneath the final door
[Tue Feb 5 22:24:57 2008] : Adrin: ooc and craigs pc makes it 3 in a row
[Tue Feb 5 22:25:36 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Ain't that nice :-(
[Tue Feb 5 22:26:59 2008] : Dan (enter): 22:26
[Tue Feb 5 22:29:02 2008] : Dan (enter): 22:29
[Tue Feb 5 22:29:17 2008] : Dan: Booting '(23) Dan' from server...
[Tue Feb 5 22:29:18 2008] : Dan (exit): 22:29
[Tue Feb 5 22:29:21 2008] : Dan: Booting '(24) Dan' from server...
[Tue Feb 5 22:29:22 2008] : Dan (exit): 22:29
[Tue Feb 5 22:29:30 2008] : Dan: OK, did I miss anything?
[Tue Feb 5 22:29:33 2008] : Adrin: ooc I've lost the miniatures from the map
[Tue Feb 5 22:29:43 2008] : Dan: ooc me too
[Tue Feb 5 22:29:48 2008] : DM: Bert opened the door to a corridor down which the vampires went
[Tue Feb 5 22:29:56 2008] : DM: ooc I removed them
[Tue Feb 5 22:30:07 2008] : Dan: Ah I saw the strength check. OK
[Tue Feb 5 22:30:35 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes after the clouds
[Tue Feb 5 22:31:05 2008] : Dan: Dan follows
[Tue Feb 5 22:31:39 2008] : Adrin: Adrin follows
[Tue Feb 5 22:32:30 2008] : DM: The small office-like room at the end of the corridor is littered with human bones and other debris and lying haphazardly are three wooden coffins in remarkably good condition.
[Tue Feb 5 22:32:57 2008] : Dan: "OK, coffins..."
[Tue Feb 5 22:33:05 2008] : Dan: Dan looks confused
[Tue Feb 5 22:33:25 2008] : Dan: "Do they sleep in them or something? Why not have a nice bed?"
[Tue Feb 5 22:33:27 2008] : Aliatra: "Hmmm"
[Tue Feb 5 22:33:48 2008] : Adrin: Adrin seethes
[Tue Feb 5 22:34:04 2008] : Aliatra: "They are undead, their logic is not ours"
[Tue Feb 5 22:34:06 2008] : Adrin: ooc what happens if you destroy a vampires coffin?
[Tue Feb 5 22:34:23 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Try it and find out?
[Tue Feb 5 22:34:37 2008] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Feb 5 22:35:25 2008] : Adrin: Adrin can't handle the lack of things to hit and lashes out at the first coffin
[Tue Feb 5 22:35:30 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+16] => [10,16] = (26) ===> Damage: [2d6+10] => [2,6,10] = (18)
[Tue Feb 5 22:35:30 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (second): [1d20+11] => [3,11] = (14) ===> Damage: [2d6+10] => [4,2,10] = (16)
[Tue Feb 5 22:35:33 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Feb 5 22:35:52 2008] : Dan: ooc Hulk smash!
[Tue Feb 5 22:36:01 2008] : Adrin: ooc RAAAR!
[Tue Feb 5 22:36:15 2008] : DM: You chop the lid into two bits revealing a vampire lying comatose in the coffin. It does not react.
[Tue Feb 5 22:37:11 2008] : Aliatra: "It seems we have found them"
[Tue Feb 5 22:37:22 2008] : Dan: "Huh, they're in the coffins? I thought that we vaporised them or something."
[Tue Feb 5 22:37:30 2008] : Adrin: ooc We fought Vampires before didn't we?
[Tue Feb 5 22:37:31 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra removes the lid of the second coffin
[Tue Feb 5 22:37:44 2008] : Aliatra: ooc STR check?
[Tue Feb 5 22:37:46 2008] : Dan: "Although the way they squeezed under the door was suggestive of something more"
[Tue Feb 5 22:37:54 2008] : Dan: Dan looks foolish
[Tue Feb 5 22:38:17 2008] : DM: The coffins are easy enough to open.
[Tue Feb 5 22:38:28 2008] : Dan: ooc last one I remember was the goblin vampire... Yes that was this adventure IIRC
[Tue Feb 5 22:38:44 2008] : DM: The vampires just lie there are do nothing.
[Tue Feb 5 22:38:58 2008] : DM: ooc you burnt that one to death
[Tue Feb 5 22:39:17 2008] : Adrin: ooc and I think one grabbed Adrins arm and scared him shitless
[Tue Feb 5 22:39:18 2008] : Aliatra: "So now what. I don't like attacking what can't defend itself, but for undead I'm willing to make an exception"
[Tue Feb 5 22:40:02 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra raises her sword to chop the head of the monster off
[Tue Feb 5 22:40:05 2008] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 against undead (base): [1d20+13] => [11,13] = (24) ===> Damage: [4d6+8] => [2,1,6,3,8] = (20)
[Tue Feb 5 22:40:06 2008] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 against undead (second): [1d20+8] => [4,8] = (12) ===> Damage: [4d6+8] => [2,5,3,2,8] = (20)
[Tue Feb 5 22:40:10 2008] : Dan: "I can't believe that I forgot about the Goblin vampire! I think that we took the goblin one outside and it was destroyed"
[Tue Feb 5 22:40:37 2008] : Aliatra: "And we used fire as well, didn't we?"
[Tue Feb 5 22:40:45 2008] : DM: The vampire's head is severed and it's body turns to dust
[Tue Feb 5 22:41:20 2008] : Adrin: Adrin sees this and attacks the head of the one in front of him
[Tue Feb 5 22:41:22 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+16] => [3,16] = (19) ===> Damage: [2d6+10] => [4,1,10] = (15)
[Tue Feb 5 22:41:22 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (second): [1d20+11] => [10,11] = (21) ===> Damage: [2d6+10] => [6,3,10] = (19)
[Tue Feb 5 22:41:49 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra copies this with the last coffin
[Tue Feb 5 22:41:56 2008] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 against undead (base): [1d20+13] => [11,13] = (24) ===> Damage: [4d6+8] => [2,3,4,6,8] = (23)
[Tue Feb 5 22:41:57 2008] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 against undead (second): [1d20+8] => [11,8] = (19) ===> Damage: [4d6+8] => [2,4,3,3,8] = (20)
[Tue Feb 5 22:42:17 2008] : DM: Soon all that remains of the vampires are piles of dust and their ancient clothing, weapons and armour (none of which is of any value) and a curious amulet.
[Tue Feb 5 22:42:45 2008] : Dan: "I'm guessing that this is the talisman of which the myconid spoke"
[Tue Feb 5 22:43:07 2008] : Adrin: Adrin regains control of himself
[Tue Feb 5 22:43:14 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's take it back and find out"
[Tue Feb 5 22:44:01 2008] : Dan: "Yes, let's"
[Tue Feb 5 22:44:09 2008] : DM: 930 XP
[Tue Feb 5 22:44:23 2008] : DM: GAME END