Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Jan 29 19:49:50 2008] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Jan 29 19:49:53 2008] : DM: Another spirit or ghost fades into view, an armour man wielding a sword slashes frantically about him. Seemingly attacking the air that surrounds him.
[Tue Jan 29 19:50:16 2008] : DM: Unlike the other spirts you've seen this one reacts to your presense and halts completely still... It's mouth opens wide and and it moans, the sound chilling your blood.
[Tue Jan 29 19:50:19 2008] : DM: Will saves
[Tue Jan 29 19:50:25 2008] : Adrin: Will save: [1d20+6] => [1,6] = (7)
[Tue Jan 29 19:50:26 2008] : DM: Roll initiative
[Tue Jan 29 19:50:30 2008] : Aliatra: Will save: [1d20+7] => [19,7] = (26)
[Tue Jan 29 19:50:32 2008] : DM: [1d20+7] => [5,7] = (12)
[Tue Jan 29 19:50:34 2008] : Adrin: ooc my turn for the crap rolls
[Tue Jan 29 19:50:39 2008] : Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+3] => [14,3] = (17)
[Tue Jan 29 19:50:39 2008] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [11,7] = (18)
[Tue Jan 29 19:51:25 2008] : Dan: Will save: [1d20+9] => [4,9] = (13)
[Tue Jan 29 19:51:30 2008] : Aliatra: ooc It must be terrible, having no will of your own
[Tue Jan 29 19:51:38 2008] : Oona (enter): 19:51
[Tue Jan 29 19:51:54 2008] : DM: ooc Oona, will save and initative
[Tue Jan 29 19:52:04 2008] : Dan: ooc nope, I'm continuing from where I left off last week!
[Tue Jan 29 19:52:04 2008] : Oona: Initiative: [1d20+9] => [9,9] = (18)
[Tue Jan 29 19:52:13 2008] : Oona: Will save: [1d20+6] => [13,6] = (19)
[Tue Jan 29 19:52:25 2008] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [12,5] = (17)
[Tue Jan 29 19:52:32 2008] : Oona: ooc someone can add my mini, it died when I tried to add mine :(
[Tue Jan 29 19:52:37 2008] : Oona: Booting '(12) Oona' from server...
[Tue Jan 29 19:52:38 2008] : Oona (exit): 19:52
[Tue Jan 29 19:53:07 2008] : Oona: ooc it's fetching :/
[Tue Jan 29 19:53:15 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 29 19:53:38 2008] : Adrin: ooc very fetching
[Tue Jan 29 19:53:59 2008] : DM: Adrin, the ghost's frightful moans fills you with terror and you panick! You'll flee for [2d4] => [4,4] = (8) rounds.
[Tue Jan 29 19:54:32 2008] : Adrin: ooc \o/
[Tue Jan 29 19:54:40 2008] : DM: Dan, you also flee in terror for [2d4] => [2,4] = (6) rounds.
[Tue Jan 29 19:54:52 2008] : Oona: ooc great guys...
[Tue Jan 29 19:55:02 2008] : Dan: "Aaaargh, the horror!"
[Tue Jan 29 19:55:29 2008] : Dan: ooc are you giving the Team America signal there Bert?
[Tue Jan 29 19:55:36 2008] : Aliatra: "Stay here, do you want me to fight it when I can't even see it?"
[Tue Jan 29 19:55:52 2008] : Adrin: ooc fuck yeah
[Tue Jan 29 19:55:59 2008] : DM: The ghost in the room has is wielding a rapier and wears a chain shirt.
[Tue Jan 29 19:56:02 2008] : DM: Oona, your turn.
[Tue Jan 29 19:56:35 2008] : Oona: Oona passes all the flakey guys and aims at the thing.
[Tue Jan 29 19:57:06 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (base): [1d20+14] => [19,14] = (33) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [6,6] = (12)
[Tue Jan 29 19:57:06 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (second): [1d20+9] => [19,9] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [6,6] = (12)
[Tue Jan 29 19:57:18 2008] : Oona: 5 ft step back in the corner
[Tue Jan 29 19:57:19 2008] : Oona: done
[Tue Jan 29 19:57:36 2008] : DM: ooc can only do a 5ft step if you haven't already moved.
[Tue Jan 29 19:57:44 2008] : Oona: ooc ok
[Tue Jan 29 19:57:58 2008] : DM: ooc but you could have just moved there anyway.
[Tue Jan 29 19:58:22 2008] : DM: Your ordinary arrows simply pass through the spectre without any affect.
[Tue Jan 29 19:58:28 2008] : DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Tue Jan 29 19:58:38 2008] : Oona: ooc if I can move here, then I move there.
[Tue Jan 29 19:58:47 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 0: Turn undead (1d20+Cha) [1d20+1] => [19,1] = (20) (0-6: no undead; 7-9: 1 HD; 10-12: 2 HD; 13-15: 3 HD; 16-18: 4 HD; 19-21: 5 HD, from 22: 6 HD); total HD turned (2d6+lvl+Cha) [2d6+6] => [3,5,6] = (14)
[Tue Jan 29 19:58:50 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra follows Oona (by sound and movement) and asks her god for help
[Tue Jan 29 19:59:00 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jan 29 19:59:20 2008] : DM: ooc I did say your blindness has worn off.
[Tue Jan 29 19:59:44 2008] : DM: The ghost is unfazed by your turning attempt.
[Tue Jan 29 19:59:50 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I never knew that (too busy with OpenRPG to go and find the logs)
[Tue Jan 29 20:00:10 2008] : DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Tue Jan 29 20:00:25 2008] : DM: Drop anything in your hand and run away for 80 ft.
[Tue Jan 29 20:00:40 2008] : Adrin: "Waaaahhhhhhh, its a ghost!!!
[Tue Jan 29 20:00:46 2008] : DM: Dan, drop anything in your hand and run away for 60 ft.
[Tue Jan 29 20:01:33 2008] : Dan: Dan runs away
[Tue Jan 29 20:02:41 2008] : Dan: ooc feel free to move me wherever you think best to run off to DM - I ran that way because people were blocking me
[Tue Jan 29 20:02:56 2008] : Ghost: The ghost malevolent gaze is turned on Oona. The eyes bore into you.
[Tue Jan 29 20:02:58 2008] : Dan: ooc I'm done BTW
[Tue Jan 29 20:03:00 2008] : Ghost: Fortitude save.
[Tue Jan 29 20:03:22 2008] : Oona: Fortitude save: [1d20+6] => [20,6] = (26)
[Tue Jan 29 20:03:32 2008] : Adrin: ooc I ran that way because there wasn't enough room to stay inside
[Tue Jan 29 20:03:50 2008] : Ghost: But your resist the effects.
[Tue Jan 29 20:04:13 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Jan 29 20:04:24 2008] : Oona: Oona readies an arrow (arrow +1) and tries hitting the thing with that
[Tue Jan 29 20:04:33 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (base): [1d20+14] => [2,14] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [2,6] = (8)
[Tue Jan 29 20:04:33 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (second): [1d20+9] => [17,9] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [6,6] = (12)
[Tue Jan 29 20:04:55 2008] : Oona: Oona retreats in the corner to evade the chilling gaze fo the ghost
[Tue Jan 29 20:04:56 2008] : DM: Roll 1d100 twice.
[Tue Jan 29 20:05:01 2008] : Dan: ooc brb
[Tue Jan 29 20:05:01 2008] : Oona: [1d100] => [22] = (22)
[Tue Jan 29 20:05:02 2008] : Oona: [1d100] => [70] = (70)
[Tue Jan 29 20:05:29 2008] : DM: One of your arrows causes the ghost to flinch as though in pain.
[Tue Jan 29 20:05:44 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jan 29 20:05:52 2008] : Oona: Oona tries and hides in the corner
[Tue Jan 29 20:06:03 2008] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [4,15] = (19)
[Tue Jan 29 20:06:06 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jan 29 20:06:14 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra steps in sword inm hand and she swings at the spectre
[Tue Jan 29 20:06:23 2008] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+13] => [11,13] = (24) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [2,6,6] = (14)
[Tue Jan 29 20:06:23 2008] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (second): [1d20+8] => [14,8] = (22) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [1,4,6] = (11)
[Tue Jan 29 20:06:32 2008] : DM: ooc 1d100
[Tue Jan 29 20:06:47 2008] : Aliatra: [1d100] => [18] = (18)
[Tue Jan 29 20:06:50 2008] : Dan: ooc back
[Tue Jan 29 20:07:06 2008] : DM: Your sword strikes swish through the air meeting no resistance.
[Tue Jan 29 20:07:14 2008] : Aliatra: Done then
[Tue Jan 29 20:07:14 2008] : DM: Adrin and Dan run some more...
[Tue Jan 29 20:07:39 2008] : Ghost: The ghost slashes and stabs with it's ghostly rapier at Aliatra.
[Tue Jan 29 20:07:43 2008] : Ghost: Rapier+1 (base): [1d20+6] => [1,6] = (7) ===> Damage: [1d6+3] => [5,3] = (8)
[Tue Jan 29 20:07:43 2008] : Ghost: Rapier+1 (base): [1d20+6] => [7,6] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d6+3] => [1,3] = (4)
[Tue Jan 29 20:08:00 2008] : Ghost: ooc What's your AC without your armour?
[Tue Jan 29 20:08:04 2008] : Dan: ooc do I run into the myconiid room?
[Tue Jan 29 20:08:26 2008] : Ghost: ooc yes.
[Tue Jan 29 20:08:35 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Touch is 13
[Tue Jan 29 20:08:42 2008] : Ghost: [1d100] => [75] = (75)
[Tue Jan 29 20:08:50 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Am I not wearing armour now?
[Tue Jan 29 20:09:05 2008] : Ghost: Take 4 damage as the sword slices through your body.
[Tue Jan 29 20:09:20 2008] : Ghost: ooc attacks of ghosts bypass armour
[Tue Jan 29 20:09:34 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Jan 29 20:09:42 2008] : Oona: Oona stealthily peeps out of the corner and aims at the ghost
[Tue Jan 29 20:09:47 2008] : Oona: arrow+1 again
[Tue Jan 29 20:09:55 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (base): [1d20+14] => [19,14] = (33) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [3,6] = (9)
[Tue Jan 29 20:09:55 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (second): [1d20+9] => [8,9] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [1,6] = (7)
[Tue Jan 29 20:10:08 2008] : DM: Roll miss chance
[Tue Jan 29 20:10:09 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Why AC without armour?
[Tue Jan 29 20:10:19 2008] : Oona: Oona retreats again int he corner and hides, avoiding to be in the line of sight of the ghost
[Tue Jan 29 20:10:24 2008] : Oona: [1d100] => [56] = (56)
[Tue Jan 29 20:10:26 2008] : Oona: [1d100] => [72] = (72)
[Tue Jan 29 20:10:34 2008] : DM: Two hit!
[Tue Jan 29 20:10:49 2008] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [18,15] = (33)
[Tue Jan 29 20:11:03 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jan 29 20:11:09 2008] : DM: Ali?
[Tue Jan 29 20:11:20 2008] : Dan: ooc It's a touch attack H
[Tue Jan 29 20:11:30 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra strikes at the ghost again
[Tue Jan 29 20:11:32 2008] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+13] => [20,13] = (33) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [4,2,6] = (12)
[Tue Jan 29 20:11:32 2008] : Aliatra: Critical hit? [1d20+13] => [17,13] = (30) ===> Damage: [4d6+12] => [6,2,6,5,12] = (31)
[Tue Jan 29 20:11:32 2008] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (second): [1d20+8] => [7,8] = (15) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [2,3,6] = (11)
[Tue Jan 29 20:11:42 2008] : DM: roll miss chance once
[Tue Jan 29 20:11:45 2008] : Aliatra: ooc A touch attack with a rapier?
[Tue Jan 29 20:11:47 2008] : Aliatra: [1d100] => [78] = (78)
[Tue Jan 29 20:11:58 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Once or twice?
[Tue Jan 29 20:12:37 2008] : Adrin: ooc its a ghostly rapier. ooOOOOoooh
[Tue Jan 29 20:12:40 2008] : Aliatra: ooc And another [2d6] => [1,6] = (7) damage against undead, of course
[Tue Jan 29 20:12:44 2008] : DM: As Aliatra slashes her sword through the ghost it shreds and falls apart in tatters and then fades away.
[Tue Jan 29 20:12:54 2008] : Oona: ooc \o/
[Tue Jan 29 20:13:24 2008] : Aliatra: "That was easy. Now let's find the others before they run into trouble"
[Tue Jan 29 20:13:31 2008] : Oona: "Where have they gone?"
[Tue Jan 29 20:13:45 2008] : Oona: "Easy, well, no sorry. I am still shaking and cold"
[Tue Jan 29 20:13:53 2008] : DM: 600 XP each
[Tue Jan 29 20:14:00 2008] : Oona: Oona calls "Dan! Adrin! where are you?"
[Tue Jan 29 20:14:11 2008] : Dan: ooc woot! 600xp just for running away!
[Tue Jan 29 20:14:13 2008] : Adrin: "Run away, run away!"
[Tue Jan 29 20:14:30 2008] : Oona: ooc what's the next XP level (level 9?)
[Tue Jan 29 20:14:42 2008] : Aliatra: ooc 36000
[Tue Jan 29 20:14:57 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL@Dan
[Tue Jan 29 20:15:02 2008] : DM: Lying on the floor of the room is a human skeleton, it's dressed in the remains of fine cloathing and a rusted chain shirt. A fine, shiny rapier is clutched in it's outstretched skeletal hand.
[Tue Jan 29 20:15:58 2008] : Aliatra: "Dan, you can come back now, the creature has gone!"
[Tue Jan 29 20:16:03 2008] : Dan: Dan cowers for another 3 rounds
[Tue Jan 29 20:16:26 2008] : Adrin: Adrin finally returns 5 rounds later, looking a little sheepish
[Tue Jan 29 20:16:27 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes to find Dan
[Tue Jan 29 20:16:39 2008] : Dan: Once the fear has left him, Dan cautiously wanders back
[Tue Jan 29 20:17:20 2008] : Adrin: "It just took me by surprise, thats all. Reminded me of something"
[Tue Jan 29 20:17:36 2008] : Dan: "Is it gone?"
[Tue Jan 29 20:17:49 2008] : Oona: "It is, yes"
[Tue Jan 29 20:18:03 2008] : Oona: Oona goes to the pile of bones and starts searching
[Tue Jan 29 20:18:06 2008] : Dan: Good, it was horrible"
[Tue Jan 29 20:18:10 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [14,15] = (29)
[Tue Jan 29 20:18:10 2008] : Aliatra: "It is really dead dead now"
[Tue Jan 29 20:18:23 2008] : Aliatra: "I hate the undead"
[Tue Jan 29 20:18:33 2008] : Adrin: ooc 8 rounds x 80ft....
[Tue Jan 29 20:20:00 2008] : DM: ooc it's only 200 metres.
[Tue Jan 29 20:20:12 2008] : DM: Knowledge: religion
[Tue Jan 29 20:20:22 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [20,7] = (27)
[Tue Jan 29 20:20:22 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [14,8] = (22)
[Tue Jan 29 20:20:35 2008] : Dan: ooc good roll just for that!
[Tue Jan 29 20:20:44 2008] : Adrin: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+4] => [16,4] = (20)
[Tue Jan 29 20:20:57 2008] : DM: Everyone seems to be an expert on ghosts
[Tue Jan 29 20:21:04 2008] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 29 20:21:32 2008] : Oona: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Jan 29 20:21:36 2008] : Oona: not me :-)
[Tue Jan 29 20:21:43 2008] : Oona: ooc they just scare me :)
[Tue Jan 29 20:22:03 2008] : Aliatra: ooc And they really piss me off
[Tue Jan 29 20:22:04 2008] : DM: Ghosts are not easy to kill. They reform as a few days unless the what causes them to stay is removed.
[Tue Jan 29 20:22:13 2008] : Oona: "I found a ley"
[Tue Jan 29 20:22:16 2008] : Oona: ooc key
[Tue Jan 29 20:22:30 2008] : Oona: "Oona brandishes a small brass key, tarnished with age"
[Tue Jan 29 20:22:40 2008] : Dan: "We need to try to sort out what's keeping the ghosts here"
[Tue Jan 29 20:23:02 2008] : Dan: "Otherwise it will be back when the wizards come down here"
[Tue Jan 29 20:23:17 2008] : DM: The room you're in seems to be a waiting room, there are the remains of old chairs lining the walls.
[Tue Jan 29 20:23:31 2008] : Adrin: "If there's nothing in these rooms, we'll have to open the big door"
[Tue Jan 29 20:23:32 2008] : Aliatra: "Maybe the key will lead us to the secret?"
[Tue Jan 29 20:23:50 2008] : Dan: "Do you think that the key opens the large doors in the main room?"
[Tue Jan 29 20:24:29 2008] : Dan: "What's in the other rooms?"
[Tue Jan 29 20:24:34 2008] : Adrin: "Worth a try"
[Tue Jan 29 20:25:02 2008] : DM: The room to the north is another waiting room.
[Tue Jan 29 20:25:09 2008] : Oona: "I don't think it's a door key"
[Tue Jan 29 20:25:18 2008] : Oona: "rather the key for a box or something"
[Tue Jan 29 20:25:41 2008] : Oona: Oona looks around to see if she can make out what this key opens. Looking for a chest, a box, a secretary.
[Tue Jan 29 20:25:50 2008] : Adrin: ooc ???
[Tue Jan 29 20:25:59 2008] : DM: To the east is what you assume is a comfortable sitting room, the the remains of a sofa, some armchairs and a fine wooden desk the ornate carvings.
[Tue Jan 29 20:26:02 2008] : Oona: ooc what?
[Tue Jan 29 20:26:15 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Secretaire?
[Tue Jan 29 20:26:16 2008] : DM: ooc one moment.
[Tue Jan 29 20:26:19 2008] : Adrin: ooc opening a secretary with a key?
[Tue Jan 29 20:26:24 2008] : Oona: ooc secretaire, yes :)
[Tue Jan 29 20:26:26 2008] : Dan: ooc you want to put a key in a secretary?
[Tue Jan 29 20:26:36 2008] : Aliatra: ooc As in writing desk :-P
[Tue Jan 29 20:26:49 2008] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Jan 29 20:26:58 2008] : Oona: ooc and here I was, translating it ... how stoopid of me.
[Tue Jan 29 20:27:01 2008] : Oona: occ sheesh.
[Tue Jan 29 20:27:24 2008] : Dan: ooc a bureau?
[Tue Jan 29 20:27:55 2008] : Aliatra: ooc One that opens up to make a writing area
[Tue Jan 29 20:28:30 2008] : Oona: ooc secrétaire
[Tue Jan 29 20:29:34 2008] : DM: ooc turns out you're too low level to solve the puzzle I had.
[Tue Jan 29 20:29:48 2008] : Aliatra: ooc It seems that secretary is an acceptable term ;-)
[Tue Jan 29 20:29:54 2008] : Oona: ooc come on, we're smart :P
[Tue Jan 29 20:29:57 2008] : DM: Sitting on the desk is a small wooden box, about 1 ft long and half a foot high and wide.
[Tue Jan 29 20:30:14 2008] : Adrin: ooc seems that it is correct. I've never ever heard that usage
[Tue Jan 29 20:30:31 2008] : Dan: ooc LOL... "any writing desk resembling a secretary." - I've not seen a desk like that ;)
[Tue Jan 29 20:30:56 2008] : Aliatra: "How about that box, Oona?"
[Tue Jan 29 20:31:08 2008] : Oona: Oona goes to the box and examines it, with her goggles
[Tue Jan 29 20:31:25 2008] : Oona: Looking at the lock, looking for traps around the lock and around the box
[Tue Jan 29 20:31:32 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [7,15] = (22)
[Tue Jan 29 20:31:46 2008] : Oona: ooc 27 with the goggles
[Tue Jan 29 20:33:06 2008] : Oona: "OK, so this key fits here"
[Tue Jan 29 20:33:26 2008] : Oona: Oona tries the key on the box and lifts the lid
[Tue Jan 29 20:33:59 2008] : DM: The mechanism is stiff with mage and corrosion, and turning the key meets considerable resistance.
[Tue Jan 29 20:34:05 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra joins her
[Tue Jan 29 20:34:12 2008] : DM: Do you want to put more pressure on the key?
[Tue Jan 29 20:34:20 2008] : DM: stiff with age
[Tue Jan 29 20:34:39 2008] : Aliatra: "Hold on, I've got oil. It is for the lamp, but should be useful here"
[Tue Jan 29 20:34:45 2008] : Oona: "Oona insists, being careful not to break the key in the lock though"
[Tue Jan 29 20:34:52 2008] : Oona: Oona insists, being careful not to break the key in the lock though
[Tue Jan 29 20:35:11 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra gets oil from her backpack and hands it to Oona
[Tue Jan 29 20:36:04 2008] : DM: Some lamp oil makes the lock open more easily and Oona soon has the box open.
[Tue Jan 29 20:36:17 2008] : Oona: "Thanks"
[Tue Jan 29 20:36:27 2008] : Oona: Oona looks into the box
[Tue Jan 29 20:36:35 2008] : DM: Lying inside the box are three rolls of parchment.
[Tue Jan 29 20:37:17 2008] : Adrin: "Oh, no gold?"
[Tue Jan 29 20:37:24 2008] : Dan: "Should I take a look at those?"
[Tue Jan 29 20:37:28 2008] : Oona: "Huh. Dan, that's your field, not mine"
[Tue Jan 29 20:37:31 2008] : Oona: "I won't touch those"
[Tue Jan 29 20:37:33 2008] : Aliatra: "Apparently not"
[Tue Jan 29 20:37:43 2008] : Oona: Oona points at the parchments
[Tue Jan 29 20:37:46 2008] : Aliatra: "Please do, Dan"
[Tue Jan 29 20:38:37 2008] : Dan: Dan pulls on some soft cloth gloves and handles a corner of one parchment, assessing for friability
[Tue Jan 29 20:39:05 2008] : DM: They're fragile but you should be able to unroll them without damaging them.
[Tue Jan 29 20:39:27 2008] : Dan: Dan unrolls the first one and tries to read it
[Tue Jan 29 20:39:34 2008] : Dan: Decipher Script Skill Check: [1d20+17] => [17,17] = (34)
[Tue Jan 29 20:39:47 2008] : DM: It's a magic scroll: Teleportation.
[Tue Jan 29 20:40:09 2008] : Dan: "Aha, a scroll of teleportation"
[Tue Jan 29 20:40:19 2008] : Dan: Dan tries the next two
[Tue Jan 29 20:40:20 2008] : Dan: Decipher Script Skill Check: [1d20+17] => [18,17] = (35)
[Tue Jan 29 20:40:21 2008] : Dan: Decipher Script Skill Check: [1d20+17] => [11,17] = (28)
[Tue Jan 29 20:42:40 2008] : DM: The first one you read is a letter address to a prince. It's a request for militrary and magical aid against an invading army.
[Tue Jan 29 20:43:07 2008] : Dan: Dan reads aloud to the others as he translates
[Tue Jan 29 20:44:23 2008] : Aliatra: "Hmm, interesting"
[Tue Jan 29 20:44:27 2008] : DM: The army is simply described at the the army of the prince of air.
[Tue Jan 29 20:44:45 2008] : DM: ...described as...
[Tue Jan 29 20:45:00 2008] : Adrin: "The Prince of Air? What does that mean?"
[Tue Jan 29 20:46:07 2008] : DM: The letter is signed: Bretta, Princess of Water.
[Tue Jan 29 20:46:30 2008] : Aliatra: "Two of the four elements"
[Tue Jan 29 20:46:38 2008] : Dan: "I'm not sure. I have a stirring of an idea though"
[Tue Jan 29 20:46:47 2008] : Adrin: "Maybe they're just pet names they had for each other"
[Tue Jan 29 20:46:53 2008] : DM: The 2nd letter is in a similar language but the hand is smaller and too hard to decipher.
[Tue Jan 29 20:48:46 2008] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Jan 29 20:49:46 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, I cannot decipher the last one"
[Tue Jan 29 20:50:38 2008] : Aliatra: "Why not?"
[Tue Jan 29 20:51:16 2008] : Dan: "It's beyond my skill"
[Tue Jan 29 20:51:45 2008] : Dan: "The writing is not as clear. Not enough key characters to enable deconstruction"
[Tue Jan 29 20:52:32 2008] : Adrin: ooc back
[Tue Jan 29 20:53:01 2008] : Adrin: "Maybe one of the Academics can read it"
[Tue Jan 29 20:53:02 2008] : Aliatra: "If it is just an unknown language, I could give it a try tomorrow"
[Tue Jan 29 20:53:27 2008] : Oona: "Well, now what?"
[Tue Jan 29 20:53:28 2008] : Dan: "Perhaps Adrin, you're welcome to try Ali"
[Tue Jan 29 20:53:40 2008] : Dan: ooc Comprehend languages is spoken only
[Tue Jan 29 20:53:43 2008] : Oona: "Prince of (Bel)Air, princess of Water"
[Tue Jan 29 20:54:21 2008] : Oona: "Next we know we'll be encountering the King of Fire and the Queen or Earth"
[Tue Jan 29 20:54:24 2008] : Oona: ooc of
[Tue Jan 29 20:55:14 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Not according to PCGen
[Tue Jan 29 20:55:19 2008] : Adrin: "Strange neighbourhood round here"
[Tue Jan 29 20:56:04 2008] : Dan: ooc you're right, i'm wrong
[Tue Jan 29 20:56:13 2008] : Aliatra: "I'll pray that tomorrow I can read this"
[Tue Jan 29 20:56:37 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Woohoo, I know something Craig doesn't! :-D
[Tue Jan 29 20:57:05 2008] : Dan: ooc I'll take that as a compliment :P
[Tue Jan 29 20:57:16 2008] : Aliatra: ooc What else?
[Tue Jan 29 20:57:33 2008] : Dan: "OK, so still no closer to opening the large doors..."
[Tue Jan 29 20:57:44 2008] : Adrin: "Lets try the other rooms
[Tue Jan 29 20:57:46 2008] : Adrin: "Lets try the other rooms"
[Tue Jan 29 20:57:55 2008] : Dan: "Is there anything in the final room?"
[Tue Jan 29 20:57:56 2008] : Aliatra: "Do you suppose this war could be the reason for those ghosts?"
[Tue Jan 29 20:58:17 2008] : DM: The other room contains nothing of interest, it's a small bed chamber.
[Tue Jan 29 21:00:04 2008] : Adrin: ooc what about the one 'above' the ghost room?
[Tue Jan 29 21:00:16 2008] : DM: ooc Empty
[Tue Jan 29 21:00:23 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Has anybody tried knocking at the large doors?
[Tue Jan 29 21:01:16 2008] : Dan: ooc nope
[Tue Jan 29 21:01:35 2008] : DM: ooc someone tried opening them, they're locked or barred on the other side.
[Tue Jan 29 21:01:39 2008] : DM: ooc brb
[Tue Jan 29 21:02:34 2008] : Oona: "Let me see if it's just a matter of lock, or if they're barred"
[Tue Jan 29 21:03:07 2008] : Oona: Oona carfully inspects the doors, trying to see if she can open the locks
[Tue Jan 29 21:03:25 2008] : DM: ooc back
[Tue Jan 29 21:04:04 2008] : DM: The lock looks simple
[Tue Jan 29 21:05:16 2008] : Oona: ooc Searching for traps, examining the lock to open it with my tools
[Tue Jan 29 21:05:26 2008] : Oona: ooc using my goggles
[Tue Jan 29 21:05:28 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [17,15] = (32)
[Tue Jan 29 21:05:33 2008] : Oona: ooc 37
[Tue Jan 29 21:05:49 2008] : Oona: Oona starts prodding with her tools the rather simple locks
[Tue Jan 29 21:06:40 2008] : Oona: Open Lock Skill Check: [1d20+17] => [11,17] = (28)
[Tue Jan 29 21:06:53 2008] : DM: *click*
[Tue Jan 29 21:06:59 2008] : Oona: "Here we go"
[Tue Jan 29 21:07:18 2008] : Oona: "Oona takes a step back and points
[Tue Jan 29 21:07:20 2008] : Aliatra: "Who needs a key when we have Oona"
[Tue Jan 29 21:07:26 2008] : Oona: "The door is open. To whom the honor?"
[Tue Jan 29 21:07:58 2008] : Adrin: "Ladies first?"
[Tue Jan 29 21:08:28 2008] : Aliatra: "Sure, why not"
[Tue Jan 29 21:08:56 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra grasps her sword in two hands and she entersthe room
[Tue Jan 29 21:08:57 2008] : Oona: "I'll say you men have not been showing much courage lately"
[Tue Jan 29 21:09:03 2008] : Oona: Oona winks
[Tue Jan 29 21:09:05 2008] : Adrin: ooc as we all line up for the arrow trap at the side...
[Tue Jan 29 21:09:12 2008] : DM: The door doesn't open. It's still barred from the other side.
[Tue Jan 29 21:09:23 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Awww
[Tue Jan 29 21:10:03 2008] : Adrin: "Dan, what was that first scroll you found in the box?"
[Tue Jan 29 21:10:28 2008] : Dan: "Teleport"
[Tue Jan 29 21:10:59 2008] : Oona: "Could we use it?"
[Tue Jan 29 21:11:07 2008] : Oona: "Or would it be a waste?"
[Tue Jan 29 21:11:20 2008] : Dan: "It's a bit beyond me, and it can have disastrous consequences if you don't know where you are going"
[Tue Jan 29 21:12:08 2008] : Adrin: "But we're only going to the other side of the door"
[Tue Jan 29 21:12:28 2008] : Dan: "Yes, but we have no idea what's on the other side"
[Tue Jan 29 21:12:56 2008] : Dan: "I could try to land inside a pillar, a solid wall, you get the idea"
[Tue Jan 29 21:12:58 2008] : Aliatra: "What difference does that make?"'
[Tue Jan 29 21:13:09 2008] : Oona: Oona gets closer to the door and examines it again, trying to prod to see how secure the bar is on the other side
[Tue Jan 29 21:13:16 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [13,15] = (28)
[Tue Jan 29 21:13:30 2008] : DM: It's a large door and it doesn't move when you prod it.
[Tue Jan 29 21:14:08 2008] : Dan: "If I can rest I have a similar spell with less risk"
[Tue Jan 29 21:14:24 2008] : Dan: "One that I already have in my spellbook"
[Tue Jan 29 21:15:05 2008] : Aliatra: "And we could read that last scroll before we go in"
[Tue Jan 29 21:15:08 2008] : DM: ooc which one?
[Tue Jan 29 21:15:19 2008] : Dan: ooc Dimension door
[Tue Jan 29 21:15:24 2008] : Oona: Oona tries and slides a flat tool between the door and wall to try and leverage the bar. Tries again on the other side to prod the hinges
[Tue Jan 29 21:16:11 2008] : Dan: "I can minimise risk by opening a dimensional door just the other side of the doors"
[Tue Jan 29 21:16:21 2008] : DM: The door opens inwards and the hinges are concealed behind the stonework of the doorframe.
[Tue Jan 29 21:17:12 2008] : Dan: "Unfortunately I can only take two people, so I suggest one of you strong folk and Oona to look for traps"
[Tue Jan 29 21:17:14 2008] : Aliatra: "And that isn't dangerous?"
[Tue Jan 29 21:17:49 2008] : Dan: "Less dangerous. If we hit a solid object then we will take some damage, but will be shunted into clear space"
[Tue Jan 29 21:17:56 2008] : Aliatra: "Just make sure you can make it out again, even if the door remains barred"
[Tue Jan 29 21:18:05 2008] : Adrin: "Well, it'd only be until the door gets opened"
[Tue Jan 29 21:18:28 2008] : Oona: "Ok, I don't have another solution, so I say we go with Dan's idea."
[Tue Jan 29 21:18:31 2008] : Dan: "As we know the doors open inwards, we know there's a space behind them."
[Tue Jan 29 21:18:35 2008] : Oona: "In any case, resting would be good."
[Tue Jan 29 21:18:57 2008] : Dan: "That also puts us in time to meet the Myconid leader"
[Tue Jan 29 21:19:53 2008] : Adrin: "Thats true. Not sure I want to sleep here so how about we head back to the other building"
[Tue Jan 29 21:19:55 2008] : Aliatra: "Great, I'm really looking forward to meeting a giant, talking toadstool"
[Tue Jan 29 21:20:41 2008] : DM: ooc which other building?
[Tue Jan 29 21:20:51 2008] : Oona: ooc the crystal building?
[Tue Jan 29 21:21:14 2008] : Adrin: ooc yeah
[Tue Jan 29 21:21:53 2008] : Dan: "I'm happy either way"
[Tue Jan 29 21:23:40 2008] : Oona: "Let us go to the crystal building"
[Tue Jan 29 21:23:49 2008] : Oona: Oona starts going back
[Tue Jan 29 21:24:02 2008] : Oona: ooc wait, who took the rapier and chainmail?
[Tue Jan 29 21:24:11 2008] : Dan: "Should I prepare my secure cottage spell for tomorrow?"
[Tue Jan 29 21:24:25 2008] : Dan: ooc I assumed that you did, I wasn't there
[Tue Jan 29 21:24:26 2008] : DM: ooc the chain shirt was all rusted and useless.
[Tue Jan 29 21:24:51 2008] : Dan: "Or do you think we're ok with the buildings that we've found?"
[Tue Jan 29 21:25:00 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I think we all assumed the rogue would take the stuff
[Tue Jan 29 21:25:23 2008] : Adrin: "The other place seemed ok."
[Tue Jan 29 21:25:30 2008] : Aliatra: "I hate the thought of being waken by undead attacking"
[Tue Jan 29 21:25:40 2008] : Aliatra: woken
[Tue Jan 29 21:25:43 2008] : Oona: Oona goes and takes the rapier on the way
[Tue Jan 29 21:26:04 2008] : Oona: "Dan, when you have a minute, I'd like you to exert your skills on this weapon"
[Tue Jan 29 21:26:14 2008] : Oona: "See what it really does"
[Tue Jan 29 21:26:51 2008] : Dan: "I'll need to prepare a spell tomorrow and have a look at it"
[Tue Jan 29 21:27:27 2008] : Oona: "Good"
[Tue Jan 29 21:27:48 2008] : Oona: Oona stores the weapon in her backpack
[Tue Jan 29 21:28:35 2008] : Dan: Dan heads back to the other building
[Tue Jan 29 21:28:57 2008] : Adrin: Adrin follows, watching for ghosties
[Tue Jan 29 21:29:06 2008] : Dan: "Umm, I think I'd better follow one of you. I'm not too great at directions"
[Tue Jan 29 21:29:18 2008] : Dan: "I don't know my East from my elbow"
[Tue Jan 29 21:29:42 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra accompanies the others back
[Tue Jan 29 21:30:02 2008] : Aliatra: "No need to look at directions, just remember where you came from"
[Tue Jan 29 21:30:30 2008] : Adrin: "Its just over there"
[Tue Jan 29 21:31:38 2008] : DM: You can see the other two big buildings and much of the city from the entrance to the palace where you are.
[Tue Jan 29 21:31:46 2008] : Oona: Oona follows
[Tue Jan 29 21:31:46 2008] : Dan: "Sure, you try doing that with all the wonders of creation unravelling in your head whenever you stop concentrating "
[Tue Jan 29 21:32:24 2008] : Dan: "However, I can see the building, so it's not too difficult for me this time"
[Tue Jan 29 21:32:30 2008] : Dan: ...
[Tue Jan 29 21:33:15 2008] : Adrin: "I think you need a lie down Dan"
[Tue Jan 29 21:33:50 2008] : Dan: "Ali, do you have any spells for restoring lost... vitality?"
[Tue Jan 29 21:34:19 2008] : Dan: "I was bitten by a phase spider and was weakened"
[Tue Jan 29 21:34:47 2008] : Aliatra: "A restoration spell might work, I think. Let me examine you first"
[Tue Jan 29 21:35:04 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra takes a good look at Dan
[Tue Jan 29 21:35:07 2008] : Aliatra: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [18,8] = (26)
[Tue Jan 29 21:36:13 2008] : DM: minor strength damage. a lessor restoration will do
[Tue Jan 29 21:36:30 2008] : Dan: ooc it's Con, but no diff
[Tue Jan 29 21:37:24 2008] : Aliatra: "I think I will be able to help you tomorrow. Now rest, every day that passes will reduce the damage, but you better rest when you can"
[Tue Jan 29 21:37:36 2008] : Dan: "OK, thanks"
[Tue Jan 29 21:37:50 2008] : Dan: ooc are we there yet ;)
[Tue Jan 29 21:38:12 2008] : DM: You enter the crystal building.
[Tue Jan 29 21:38:23 2008] : DM: It's as you left it.
[Tue Jan 29 21:39:15 2008] : DM: ooc how long will you be resting?
[Tue Jan 29 21:39:48 2008] : Dan: ooc long enough to get new spells ;P
[Tue Jan 29 21:40:08 2008] : Oona: ooc half elves? 8 hours or 4?
[Tue Jan 29 21:40:10 2008] : DM: ooc 8 hrs?
[Tue Jan 29 21:40:31 2008] : Aliatra: ooc 8 hours
[Tue Jan 29 21:40:49 2008] : Dan: ooc depends what time it is, but 8 hours if enough time has already passed
[Tue Jan 29 21:40:57 2008] : Oona: ooc 8 hours it is.
[Tue Jan 29 21:41:13 2008] : DM: 8 hours later...
[Tue Jan 29 21:42:22 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra yawns, stretches and opens her eyes
[Tue Jan 29 21:43:02 2008] : Adrin: "I'm not sure if I can get used to this steady brightness"
[Tue Jan 29 21:43:26 2008] : Aliatra: "You could have slept outside"
[Tue Jan 29 21:43:46 2008] : DM: Outside the building in the city streets is also lit
[Tue Jan 29 21:44:18 2008] : Oona: "Maybe the people living here had a way to turn off the lights?"
[Tue Jan 29 21:44:28 2008] : Dan: "OK Oona, let's have alook at that rapier"
[Tue Jan 29 21:44:48 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Identify (level 1): Determines properties of magic item
[Tue Jan 29 21:44:54 2008] : Adrin: "I'm not touching those cable. Last time we nearly got blinded"
[Tue Jan 29 21:44:55 2008] : DM: It's just an ordinary +1 rapier.
[Tue Jan 29 21:45:15 2008] : Dan: "It's a rapier with a minor magical enhancement"
[Tue Jan 29 21:45:22 2008] : Oona: I see.
[Tue Jan 29 21:45:37 2008] : Oona: Oona takes the rapier in her hand and plays with it
[Tue Jan 29 21:45:48 2008] : Dan: ooc I get 1 Con back from resting right?
[Tue Jan 29 21:46:01 2008] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Jan 29 21:46:03 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's take another look at that scoll after I try healing you"
[Tue Jan 29 21:46:44 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 2: Lesser Restoration (lvl 2) Dispels magical ability penalty or repairs [1d4] => [2] = (2) ability damage.
[Tue Jan 29 21:47:18 2008] : Dan: "Ah, thanks Ali, I feel fully back to normal"
[Tue Jan 29 21:47:22 2008] : Aliatra: ooc How many down now?
[Tue Jan 29 21:47:51 2008] : Aliatra: "That's what I'm here for. Now that scroll"
[Tue Jan 29 21:47:54 2008] : Dan: ooc none, I was 3 down it total
[Tue Jan 29 21:49:22 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Good!
[Tue Jan 29 21:50:13 2008] : Aliatra: As Aliatra studies the scroll she uses a spell to make the content understandable to here
[Tue Jan 29 21:50:20 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 1: Comprehend Languages (lvl 1) You understand all spoken and written languages.
[Tue Jan 29 21:51:35 2008] : Adrin: "Whats it say?"
[Tue Jan 29 21:52:13 2008] : Dan: Dan looks over
[Tue Jan 29 21:52:35 2008] : DM: The text is a letter from Bretta, princess of water to Cadeyrn Brennus. It stresses the importance of Cadeyrn's diplomatic mission to Korey, prince of earth.
[Tue Jan 29 21:52:53 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra points at the text as she translates the letter into Common
[Tue Jan 29 21:53:10 2008] : Oona: "Ha, prince of Earth, I knew it!"
[Tue Jan 29 21:53:36 2008] : DM: Giving details of the army of Aithne, prince of air: air elementals, his human subjects and wizards with terrible previously unknown magics.
[Tue Jan 29 21:53:37 2008] : Dan: "So that just leaves the realm of fire"
[Tue Jan 29 21:54:34 2008] : DM: Toxic, and corrosive gasses blown by the breeze to slay or blind or main all that breath or encounter it.
[Tue Jan 29 21:54:37 2008] : Aliatra: "As long as I don't have to fight all of them at the same time"
[Tue Jan 29 21:55:15 2008] : Adrin: "Could that be what happened here?"
[Tue Jan 29 21:55:27 2008] : Dan: "Well, sounds like we have a painful mass cause of death"
[Tue Jan 29 21:55:32 2008] : DM: The letter mentions that the realm of Treya, princess of fire is overwhelmed and there is not much time remaining before the main assault on the realm of water begins.
[Tue Jan 29 21:56:15 2008] : Oona: éOK, I am not sure I follow exactly what is happening here"
[Tue Jan 29 21:56:25 2008] : Oona: "Who is against who?"
[Tue Jan 29 21:56:43 2008] : Dan: "Perhaps this was all underwater? Although with all the caged lightning in this place, I'm not sure"
[Tue Jan 29 21:56:46 2008] : Oona: "Water and Earth... are together"
[Tue Jan 29 21:56:49 2008] : DM: ooc The prince of air against the other three.
[Tue Jan 29 21:57:17 2008] : Oona: "And it seems that they are friends with Fire"
[Tue Jan 29 21:57:21 2008] : Dan: "The realm of Air seems to have decided to kill the water, fire and air realms"
[Tue Jan 29 21:57:22 2008] : Oona: "All of them against Air"
[Tue Jan 29 21:57:29 2008] : Oona: "Interesting"
[Tue Jan 29 21:57:41 2008] : Dan: "I wonder at our encounter on the way here"
[Tue Jan 29 21:57:48 2008] : Aliatra: "Why would one want to fight against three?"
[Tue Jan 29 21:57:58 2008] : Dan: "The voice that mentioned the portal"
[Tue Jan 29 21:59:01 2008] : Adrin: "Why would they have paths underwater?"
[Tue Jan 29 21:59:47 2008] : Aliatra: "To go to places"
[Tue Jan 29 22:00:17 2008] : Adrin: "Surely they'd swim"
[Tue Jan 29 22:00:37 2008] : Aliatra: "They might like to walk"
[Tue Jan 29 22:01:23 2008] : Oona: "Is there a date?"
[Tue Jan 29 22:01:35 2008] : Oona: "Or can we somehow date the parchments back to their time?"
[Tue Jan 29 22:01:50 2008] : DM: The letter is dated but it's using a system that is unfamilar to you.
[Tue Jan 29 22:02:03 2008] : Dan: "I know of no way unless their date is domething that I can place in our own timescale"
[Tue Jan 29 22:02:13 2008] : Dan: "Which I can't"
[Tue Jan 29 22:02:24 2008] : Oona: ooc for a character abilities, roll 6 times 4d6 and keep highest three?
[Tue Jan 29 22:02:37 2008] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Jan 29 22:02:41 2008] : Oona: "Can't you date teh parchments?"
[Tue Jan 29 22:02:54 2008] : Oona: "Or at least know if they are 100 or 1000 years old?"
[Tue Jan 29 22:03:04 2008] : DM: ooc I don't think Dan has a radio carbon dating machine.
[Tue Jan 29 22:03:25 2008] : Oona: ooc no, but he may make the difference between 100 and 10 000 years old :P
[Tue Jan 29 22:03:32 2008] : DM: They're 100s of years old at least.
[Tue Jan 29 22:04:26 2008] : Dan: "All I can say is that they were obviously old"
[Tue Jan 29 22:04:34 2008] : Dan: "Older than me probably"
[Tue Jan 29 22:05:15 2008] : Adrin: "That old??"
[Tue Jan 29 22:05:54 2008] : Dan: "Older"
[Tue Jan 29 22:06:06 2008] : Oona: "So this thing, this war... probably happened already"
[Tue Jan 29 22:06:16 2008] : Dan: "I'm older than I look Adrin"
[Tue Jan 29 22:06:17 2008] : Oona: "Do you reckon one of them actually won?"
[Tue Jan 29 22:06:53 2008] : Dan: "Although only young in my people's reckoning, at 145 years I'm older than any human alive by natural means"
[Tue Jan 29 22:07:36 2008] : Dan: "I'm guessing that these are the earth people"
[Tue Jan 29 22:07:55 2008] : Aliatra: "Wouldn't we have heard if this war had been fought in the last couple of hundred years?"
[Tue Jan 29 22:08:00 2008] : Adrin: "Whoever won, I dont think it was these guys"
[Tue Jan 29 22:08:14 2008] : Dan: "The letters clearly arrived here from the water realm, and the air faction came here and killed everyone"
[Tue Jan 29 22:08:28 2008] : Dan: "I think so Ali"
[Tue Jan 29 22:08:52 2008] : Dan: "The thing to remember is that the wizards who hired us called the place ancient"
[Tue Jan 29 22:09:02 2008] : Oona: "And who is this .. Ca..Deyrn Brightus"?
[Tue Jan 29 22:09:11 2008] : Oona: "Or whatever his name was"
[Tue Jan 29 22:09:33 2008] : DM: ooc Cadeyrn Brennus
[Tue Jan 29 22:10:25 2008] : DM: ooc you've met him...
[Tue Jan 29 22:10:36 2008] : Adrin: ooc ah
[Tue Jan 29 22:11:16 2008] : Dan: "He's the one sent from the water realm to here in the earth realm"
[Tue Jan 29 22:12:34 2008] : Oona: "Might he be the ghost?"
[Tue Jan 29 22:12:41 2008] : Dan: "An ambassador? Either way he clearly made it to the palace as his letter was there"
[Tue Jan 29 22:13:14 2008] : Adrin: "So do you think he died along with the rest of the people here?"
[Tue Jan 29 22:13:29 2008] : Aliatra: "Probably, unless he was a coward"
[Tue Jan 29 22:13:29 2008] : Dan: "I don't see why not, perhaps he lived in that anteroom to the palace? It had the look of a small suite"
[Tue Jan 29 22:14:08 2008] : Adrin: "Well, how about we find out whats behind that big door"
[Tue Jan 29 22:14:48 2008] : Dan: "Yes, let's go"
[Tue Jan 29 22:15:01 2008] : Dan: "Have you decided who is coming with me?"
[Tue Jan 29 22:15:35 2008] : Adrin: "Well Ali, shall we toss coin?"
[Tue Jan 29 22:16:46 2008] : Aliatra: "Sure"
[Tue Jan 29 22:16:53 2008] : Oona: "I am going yes?"
[Tue Jan 29 22:17:03 2008] : Dan: "Yes Oona"
[Tue Jan 29 22:17:11 2008] : Oona: "Oona braces herslef"
[Tue Jan 29 22:17:23 2008] : Oona: "Oona braces herself
[Tue Jan 29 22:17:28 2008] : Aliatra: "Yes, we need someone who can detect traps. Us fighter types are liable to run right into them"
[Tue Jan 29 22:17:35 2008] : Oona: "I don't like these magic stuff."
[Tue Jan 29 22:17:39 2008] : Adrin: Adrin pulls a coin from his pocket and flicks it into the air
[Tue Jan 29 22:17:49 2008] : Aliatra: ""
[Tue Jan 29 22:17:51 2008] : Aliatra: Tails
[Tue Jan 29 22:18:05 2008] : Adrin: [1d2] => [1] = (1)
[Tue Jan 29 22:18:23 2008] : Adrin: ooc maybe shouldn't decided what 1 and 2 were first
[Tue Jan 29 22:18:29 2008] : Adrin: ooc maybe shouldn've decided what 1 and 2 were first
[Tue Jan 29 22:18:30 2008] : DM: ooc heads then tails
[Tue Jan 29 22:18:49 2008] : Adrin: "Looks like I'm going then"
[Tue Jan 29 22:19:43 2008] : Dan: "Are we visiting the Myconid King before we try the door?"
[Tue Jan 29 22:19:50 2008] : Aliatra: "Awww"
[Tue Jan 29 22:20:00 2008] : DM: ooc its' not been a day yet
[Tue Jan 29 22:20:16 2008] : Adrin: "Best leave it til later"
[Tue Jan 29 22:20:20 2008] : Dan: "OK"
[Tue Jan 29 22:20:41 2008] : Dan: "Are we ready?"
[Tue Jan 29 22:20:52 2008] : Adrin: "Hit it"
[Tue Jan 29 22:20:56 2008] : Dan: ooc have we walked back?
[Tue Jan 29 22:21:22 2008] : DM: ooc I assume so
[Tue Jan 29 22:21:34 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Dimension Door (level 4): Teleports caster a short distance (Range 400ft + 40ft/level)
[Tue Jan 29 22:21:51 2008] : Aliatra: "Open the door as soon as you can"
[Tue Jan 29 22:21:59 2008] : Dan: Dan holds onto Oona and Adrin as he completes the spell
[Tue Jan 29 22:22:34 2008] : DM: ooc bah. no chance of error
[Tue Jan 29 22:23:00 2008] : Dan: ooc exactly!
[Tue Jan 29 22:23:07 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL :-P
[Tue Jan 29 22:23:12 2008] : Oona: Oona looks around her
[Tue Jan 29 22:23:29 2008] : Dan: "Phew, that really takes it out of you!"
[Tue Jan 29 22:23:41 2008] : Adrin: Adrin looks around quickly
[Tue Jan 29 22:23:44 2008] : Dan: "Oona, care to check that we're safe?"
[Tue Jan 29 22:23:58 2008] : DM: Initiative
[Tue Jan 29 22:24:17 2008] : DM: [1d20+9] => [2,9] = (11)
[Tue Jan 29 22:24:26 2008] : Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+3] => [1,3] = (4)
[Tue Jan 29 22:24:35 2008] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [2,5] = (7)
[Tue Jan 29 22:24:38 2008] : Oona: Initiative: [1d20+9] => [3,9] = (12)
[Tue Jan 29 22:24:50 2008] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [1,11] = (12)
[Tue Jan 29 22:25:04 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra stares intently at the doors
[Tue Jan 29 22:25:27 2008] : DM: ooc Ali, initiative
[Tue Jan 29 22:26:21 2008] : DM: ooc Aliatra?
[Tue Jan 29 22:26:41 2008] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [5,7] = (12)
[Tue Jan 29 22:26:57 2008] : Adrin: ooc lots of kick-ass rolls there
[Tue Jan 29 22:26:58 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Sorry, got distracted for a moment
[Tue Jan 29 22:27:01 2008] : Dan: ooc high rolls all around!
[Tue Jan 29 22:28:17 2008] : DM: Dan, Oona and Adrin appear in a large hallway with columns and a vaulted ceiling. There are two large stone statues at the far end and close by and surrounding you are four swirling greenish blobs of gasses.
[Tue Jan 29 22:28:23 2008] : DM: Knowledge: Planes
[Tue Jan 29 22:28:34 2008] : Oona: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Jan 29 22:28:37 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+17] => [19,17] = (36)
[Tue Jan 29 22:29:41 2008] : DM: Dan, they look like air elementals except for their green colour. they have the usual elemental traits and can form dangerous whirlwinds.
[Tue Jan 29 22:29:59 2008] : DM: (The surprise round)
[Tue Jan 29 22:30:04 2008] : Dan: Dan speaks as the ideas come to him
[Tue Jan 29 22:30:07 2008] : DM: Oona, your turn to take a single action
[Tue Jan 29 22:31:11 2008] : Oona: Oona gets to the door and tries to open it
[Tue Jan 29 22:31:28 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jan 29 22:31:58 2008] : DM: The bar is heavy, strength check
[Tue Jan 29 22:32:08 2008] : Oona: Str check: [1d20+3] => [19,3] = (22)
[Tue Jan 29 22:32:18 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Wow!
[Tue Jan 29 22:32:24 2008] : Oona: ooc I know :)
[Tue Jan 29 22:32:30 2008] : DM: ooc no, wait. You used up your action moving.
[Tue Jan 29 22:32:47 2008] : Oona: ooc darn, can I keep the roll for next time ;-)
[Tue Jan 29 22:32:47 2008] : DM: Dan, your surprise round.
[Tue Jan 29 22:32:51 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Wall of Fire (level 4): Deals [2d4] => [1,1] = (2) fire damage out to 10ft and [1d4] => [1] = (1) fire damage out to 20ft each round on one designated side. Passing through wall deals 2d6 +1/level damage (Double damage to undead; Duration - Concentration +1 round/levell)
[Tue Jan 29 22:32:54 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Can she save that roll?
[Tue Jan 29 22:33:42 2008] : Dan: ooc Damage in their direction, natch
[Tue Jan 29 22:33:44 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jan 29 22:34:01 2008] : DM: Adrin, your surprise round
[Tue Jan 29 22:34:15 2008] : DM: ooc move or attack not both
[Tue Jan 29 22:34:26 2008] : Adrin: ooc If I'm beside the door, can I try to lift the bar?
[Tue Jan 29 22:34:31 2008] : Dan: "Let Ali in, hopefully that will hold them for now"
[Tue Jan 29 22:34:45 2008] : DM: ooc you're not next to the door unfortunatly
[Tue Jan 29 22:35:06 2008] : Adrin: ooc move to the door to try and help next round
[Tue Jan 29 22:35:07 2008] : Adrin: done
[Tue Jan 29 22:35:23 2008] : DM: Oona's turn.
[Tue Jan 29 22:35:32 2008] : Oona: Oona starts to lift the bar and asks help from Adrin
[Tue Jan 29 22:35:40 2008] : Oona: Str check: [1d20+3] => [14,3] = (17)
[Tue Jan 29 22:35:57 2008] : DM: With a surprising burst of strength Oona lifts the bar of the staples in the wall and moves it to one side.
[Tue Jan 29 22:36:06 2008] : DM: ooc I did use your 22 roll.
[Tue Jan 29 22:36:13 2008] : Oona: ooc thanx :-)
[Tue Jan 29 22:36:18 2008] : DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Tue Jan 29 22:36:33 2008] : Oona: ooc can I move 5 ft back?
[Tue Jan 29 22:36:41 2008] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Jan 29 22:36:47 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jan 29 22:36:50 2008] : Oona: "Let Ali in!"
[Tue Jan 29 22:37:01 2008] : Aliatra: As Aliatra hears the bar being lifted she helps to open the door
[Tue Jan 29 22:37:12 2008] : Dan: "The doors should push open Ali"
[Tue Jan 29 22:37:36 2008] : DM: The door opens and Aliatra steps through
[Tue Jan 29 22:37:50 2008] : Aliatra: "So, what do we have here?"
[Tue Jan 29 22:37:57 2008] : Dan: "There's 4 large air elementals on the other side of my wall of fire"
[Tue Jan 29 22:38:17 2008] : DM: ooc they're medium
[Tue Jan 29 22:38:20 2008] : Aliatra: "Hmm, ranged weapons it is, for now"
[Tue Jan 29 22:38:53 2008] : Dan: "Yes, my first thought was to hold them off while we got the door open."
[Tue Jan 29 22:38:58 2008] : DM: ooc can we pick up the pace a bit.
[Tue Jan 29 22:39:00 2008] : Adrin: "Good idea"
[Tue Jan 29 22:39:03 2008] : Dan: "I had no idea how hard that was going to be"
[Tue Jan 29 22:39:21 2008] : Aliatra: "And now we want them as far away for as long as possible"
[Tue Jan 29 22:39:25 2008] : DM: Ali, are you done?
[Tue Jan 29 22:39:42 2008] : Aliatra: Changing sword for bow, then done
[Tue Jan 29 22:40:04 2008] : DM: The elemental fly closer, passing through the wall of fire.
[Tue Jan 29 22:40:34 2008] : DM: Two attack Dan, and two attack Oona
[Tue Jan 29 22:40:38 2008] : DM: Slam (base): [1d20+8] => [16,8] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d6+1] => [5,1] = (6)
[Tue Jan 29 22:40:39 2008] : DM: Slam (base): [1d20+8] => [6,8] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d6+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Tue Jan 29 22:40:40 2008] : DM: Slam (base): [1d20+8] => [6,8] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d6+1] => [3,1] = (4)
[Tue Jan 29 22:40:40 2008] : DM: Slam (base): [1d20+8] => [11,8] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d6+1] => [4,1] = (5)
[Tue Jan 29 22:40:52 2008] : Dan: [2d6=8] => 2d6=8
[Tue Jan 29 22:40:52 2008] : DM: One hit on Dan
[Tue Jan 29 22:41:01 2008] : Dan: [2d6+8] => [1,1,8] = (10)
[Tue Jan 29 22:41:01 2008] : Dan: [2d6+8] => [6,4,8] = (18)
[Tue Jan 29 22:41:02 2008] : Dan: [2d6+8] => [1,1,8] = (10)
[Tue Jan 29 22:41:03 2008] : Dan: [2d6+8] => [5,4,8] = (17)
[Tue Jan 29 22:41:16 2008] : Dan: ooc Damage for passing through the wall
[Tue Jan 29 22:41:31 2008] : Dan: ooc no save
[Tue Jan 29 22:41:33 2008] : Gas elemental: The elementals are surrounded by an unpleasant gas that burns your eyes and throats.
[Tue Jan 29 22:41:38 2008] : Gas elemental: Everyone make a fort save
[Tue Jan 29 22:41:43 2008] : Adrin: Fortitude save: [1d20+10] => [13,10] = (23)
[Tue Jan 29 22:41:51 2008] : Dan: Fortitude save: [1d20+5] => [5,5] = (10)
[Tue Jan 29 22:41:52 2008] : Oona: Fortitude save: [1d20+6] => [12,6] = (18)
[Tue Jan 29 22:42:08 2008] : Aliatra: Fortitude save: [1d20+11] => [7,11] = (18)
[Tue Jan 29 22:42:19 2008] : Gas elemental: Dan, you're sickened by the gas: -2 to all rolls.
[Tue Jan 29 22:42:29 2008] : DM: Dan, your turn.
[Tue Jan 29 22:42:31 2008] : Dan: *Cough* "Aaargh, my eyes!"
[Tue Jan 29 22:43:04 2008] : Dan: Move back
[Tue Jan 29 22:43:47 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Fireball (level 3): Blasts a 20ft radius with fire dealing [8d6] => [4,1,4,3,6,6,4,3] = (31) fire damage (Reflex save DC 18 for half damage)
[Tue Jan 29 22:44:03 2008] : Oona: Reflex save: [1d20+12] => [9,12] = (21)
[Tue Jan 29 22:44:04 2008] : Dan: ooc scratch that - people are in the way
[Tue Jan 29 22:44:14 2008] : Oona: ooc ok lol, I thought... daring indeed :-)
[Tue Jan 29 22:44:41 2008] : DM: ooc you could get 1, 3 and 4.
[Tue Jan 29 22:45:00 2008] : Dan: ooc Adrin and Ali are in tthe way
[Tue Jan 29 22:45:10 2008] : Adrin: ooc he'd have to cast past us
[Tue Jan 29 22:45:10 2008] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray (base): [1d20+9] => [14,9] = (23) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [2,5,1,5,0] = (13)
[Tue Jan 29 22:45:12 2008] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray (base): [1d20+9] => [9,9] = (18) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [3,4,1,6,0] = (14)
[Tue Jan 29 22:45:19 2008] : Dan: On 3
[Tue Jan 29 22:45:21 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jan 29 22:45:26 2008] : Adrin: ooc I remember trying that past a golem...
[Tue Jan 29 22:45:35 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 29 22:45:36 2008] : DM: It dies, the gas dissapated
[Tue Jan 29 22:45:45 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jan 29 22:45:49 2008] : Dan: ooc just what I remembered!
[Tue Jan 29 22:45:55 2008] : Adrin: Adrin: Throws a Hissy Fit for 8 rounds: +4 Str, +4 Con, +2 Will, -2 AC
[Tue Jan 29 22:46:05 2008] : DM: ooc I forgot about that
[Tue Jan 29 22:46:05 2008] : Adrin: ... and attacks #1
[Tue Jan 29 22:46:14 2008] : Adrin: ooc I haven't
[Tue Jan 29 22:46:17 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+16] => [16,16] = (32) ===> Damage: [2d6+10] => [4,6,10] = (20)
[Tue Jan 29 22:46:17 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (second): [1d20+11] => [12,11] = (23) ===> Damage: [2d6+10] => [4,5,10] = (19)
[Tue Jan 29 22:46:28 2008] : DM: Adrin, you kill it.
[Tue Jan 29 22:46:37 2008] : Adrin: done
[Tue Jan 29 22:46:40 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I think Bert will remember forever
[Tue Jan 29 22:46:41 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Jan 29 22:47:02 2008] : Oona: Oona takes a 5 ft step to find herself behind the elemental and out of the way of the other
[Tue Jan 29 22:47:05 2008] : Dan: ooc first use of his maximise rod
[Tue Jan 29 22:47:13 2008] : Oona: ooc if I shoulder my bow, AoO?
[Tue Jan 29 22:47:19 2008] : Adrin: ooc its up there with a certain bison...
[Tue Jan 29 22:47:34 2008] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Jan 29 22:47:43 2008] : Oona: ooc and if I fire it, same right?
[Tue Jan 29 22:47:46 2008] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Jan 29 22:47:53 2008] : Aliatra: ooc At least the bison didn't kill anybody
[Tue Jan 29 22:47:55 2008] : Oona: ooc I might as well fire it. :-) arrows +1
[Tue Jan 29 22:48:02 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (base): [1d20+14] => [14,14] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [6,6] = (12)
[Tue Jan 29 22:48:03 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (second): [1d20+9] => [16,9] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [1,6] = (7)
[Tue Jan 29 22:48:06 2008] : DM: Slam (base): [1d20+8] => [14,8] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d6+1] => [5,1] = (6)
[Tue Jan 29 22:48:34 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jan 29 22:48:59 2008] : DM: It slams you with a fist of gas for 6 damage. But your arrows kill it soon after
[Tue Jan 29 22:49:08 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jan 29 22:49:09 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 29 22:49:36 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra switches bow for sword and attacks
[Tue Jan 29 22:49:40 2008] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+13] => [1,13] = (14) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [3,1,6] = (10)
[Tue Jan 29 22:49:41 2008] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (second): [1d20+8] => [20,8] = (28) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] => [2,6,6] = (14)
[Tue Jan 29 22:49:41 2008] : Aliatra: Critical hit? [1d20+8] => [9,8] = (17) ===> Damage: [4d6+12] => [5,3,5,1,12] = (26)
[Tue Jan 29 22:50:13 2008] : DM: You kill it.
[Tue Jan 29 22:50:27 2008] : Adrin: ooc well that was a waste of a rage
[Tue Jan 29 22:50:36 2008] : Aliatra: "That looked worse than it turned out to be"
[Tue Jan 29 22:50:40 2008] : Dan: Dan looks around through his blurry vision
[Tue Jan 29 22:50:46 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL@Adrin
[Tue Jan 29 22:50:48 2008] : Dan: "Are they all gone?"
[Tue Jan 29 22:50:52 2008] : Adrin: "They're all gone"
[Tue Jan 29 22:51:06 2008] : DM: ooc if you failed three fort saves you'd have fallen unconcious from the gas.
[Tue Jan 29 22:51:13 2008] : Aliatra: "I see none here anymore. Want me to check further?"
[Tue Jan 29 22:51:20 2008] : Dan: Dan walks forwards again
[Tue Jan 29 22:51:40 2008] : Dan: "I suppose I can dismiss my wall of fire"
[Tue Jan 29 22:51:44 2008] : DM: 600 XP each
[Tue Jan 29 22:51:49 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra speaks a couple of words
[Tue Jan 29 22:51:56 2008] : Dan: Dan concentrates, gestures and dismisses the spell
[Tue Jan 29 22:52:00 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 1: Detect Undead (lvl 1) Reveals undead within 60 ft.
[Tue Jan 29 22:52:39 2008] : Dan: "Phew, the seckness seems to have left me at least"
[Tue Jan 29 22:52:46 2008] : DM: At the far end of the hall are two large lifelike stone figures.
[Tue Jan 29 22:52:52 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Any undead around?
[Tue Jan 29 22:53:31 2008] : Adrin: "Look at those statues."
[Tue Jan 29 22:53:48 2008] : Oona: OOna looks
[Tue Jan 29 22:54:10 2008] : DM: The furthest one away is the shorter, shouter one, with what appears to be a heavy coat of armour, a large horned helm and a large double bladed axe help upright to parry a sword blow from the other, slenderer stone figure.
[Tue Jan 29 22:54:15 2008] : Aliatra: "Very ... lifelike"
[Tue Jan 29 22:54:26 2008] : Dan: ooc >cheeky<any XP for defeating the locked door? >/cheeky<
[Tue Jan 29 22:54:37 2008] : DM: There's a door at the far end but it's blocked by the stone figures.
[Tue Jan 29 22:54:45 2008] : Dan: ooc <cheeky>any XP for defeating the locked door? </cheeky>
[Tue Jan 29 22:54:53 2008] : DM: ooc I included it with the monsters.
[Tue Jan 29 22:55:13 2008] : Dan: ooc damned escaped characters
[Tue Jan 29 22:55:29 2008] : Dan: ooc OK, ta
[Tue Jan 29 22:55:58 2008] : Dan: "What on earth are they?"
[Tue Jan 29 22:56:11 2008] : DM: The taller stone giant, is more lightly armoured and has long flowing hair that is captured in perfect detail by the stone work.
[Tue Jan 29 22:56:36 2008] : Adrin: "Is this not a bit of a strange place for statues?"
[Tue Jan 29 22:56:52 2008] : Dan: "Surely it is"
[Tue Jan 29 22:57:00 2008] : DM: Looking further around the room you seem four human skeletons, one in each corner of the room.
[Tue Jan 29 22:57:05 2008] : Aliatra: "Enemies, obviously. An enchantment perhaps? Care to wake them?"
[Tue Jan 29 22:57:17 2008] : Dan: "The detail looks a little too lifelike"
[Tue Jan 29 22:57:27 2008] : Oona: "Are they really statues?"
[Tue Jan 29 22:57:35 2008] : Dan: "I have not the spell to turn stone to flesh£"
[Tue Jan 29 22:57:48 2008] : Aliatra: "I would not be surpirsed if they have been turned into stone"
[Tue Jan 29 22:57:50 2008] : DM: A staff lies next to each skeleton.
[Tue Jan 29 22:57:58 2008] : DM: GAME END