Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Jan 22 20:01:16 2008] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Jan 22 20:01:21 2008] : DM: Looking around the plaza you see two more large building on the east and south sides.
[Tue Jan 22 20:01:26 2008] : DM: The eastern building has the look of a temple or palace, the southern looks more function, perhaps a civic building of some sort.
[Tue Jan 22 20:02:10 2008] : Oona: "This town is simply amazing"
[Tue Jan 22 20:02:26 2008] : Oona: "I would never have thought it was there, from the outside'
[Tue Jan 22 20:02:46 2008] : Dan: "So, do we look at the ornate or the functional building first?"
[Tue Jan 22 20:02:50 2008] : Oona: "Shall we try those buildings?"
[Tue Jan 22 20:02:57 2008] : Adrin: "I have to admit, it's pretty impressive"
[Tue Jan 22 20:03:02 2008] : Dan: "I agree, who would expect such a city underground?"
[Tue Jan 22 20:03:02 2008] : Oona: Oona points to the ornate one
[Tue Jan 22 20:03:13 2008] : Adrin: Adrin points to the closest one
[Tue Jan 22 20:04:02 2008] : DM: ooc Pointing to the same one.
[Tue Jan 22 20:04:36 2008] : Adrin: "I guess thats decided then"
[Tue Jan 22 20:04:45 2008] : Oona: "Yes"
[Tue Jan 22 20:05:22 2008] : Oona: Oona advanced carefully, looking around her to try and take in the lay of the city and streets
[Tue Jan 22 20:05:44 2008] : Oona: ooc I don't fit in front of my puter anymore, damned!
[Tue Jan 22 20:06:05 2008] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Jan 22 20:06:27 2008] : DM: The temple or palace is a large building, decorated with ornate carvings, the largest carving about the large open door is a relief of a horned head.
[Tue Jan 22 20:07:15 2008] : DM: Light shines out from the many narrow stained glass windows.
[Tue Jan 22 20:07:36 2008] : Dan: "Horned head, not usually good in my opinion"
[Tue Jan 22 20:07:40 2008] : Adrin: "It looks like these crystals are everywhere"
[Tue Jan 22 20:08:00 2008] : Oona: "Yes, the light really is everywhere"
[Tue Jan 22 20:08:07 2008] : Oona: "Why so Dan?"
[Tue Jan 22 20:08:13 2008] : Dan: ooc ring any bells DM? Knowledge roll?
[Tue Jan 22 20:08:38 2008] : DM: Knowledge: planes
[Tue Jan 22 20:08:52 2008] : Dan: "The evil deities that oppose those of my people have horns"
[Tue Jan 22 20:09:00 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+17] => [1,17] = (18)
[Tue Jan 22 20:09:22 2008] : Dan: ooc a 1! +17 on a roll of 1!
[Tue Jan 22 20:09:49 2008] : DM: ooc The image is not one you recognize.
[Tue Jan 22 20:10:00 2008] : DM: ooc are you approaching the temple?
[Tue Jan 22 20:10:21 2008] : Adrin: ooc at least you dont get a critical forget and break you're brain
[Tue Jan 22 20:10:32 2008] : Adrin: ooc your
[Tue Jan 22 20:10:37 2008] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 22 20:10:39 2008] : Oona: ooc lol
[Tue Jan 22 20:10:59 2008] : Dan: "Shall we press on? The place seems deserted to me"
[Tue Jan 22 20:11:04 2008] : Oona: "Yes, let us"
[Tue Jan 22 20:11:29 2008] : Adrin: "Keep an eye out for skeletons"
[Tue Jan 22 20:12:31 2008] : DM: As you approach the temple steps the air grows chill again, many dozens of vague ghostly figures stream up the temple steps and jostly and squeeze through the temple door.
[Tue Jan 22 20:12:52 2008] : DM: The images fade and the temperature rises back to normal.
[Tue Jan 22 20:13:14 2008] : Adrin: "See what I mean"
[Tue Jan 22 20:13:30 2008] : Dan: "More of those ghosts that project from the realm of shadows. I don't like how they make it so cold."
[Tue Jan 22 20:14:15 2008] : Oona: "Yes, I thought they were all on another plane or something"
[Tue Jan 22 20:14:30 2008] : Oona: "Are they supposed t be visible here?"
[Tue Jan 22 20:15:10 2008] : Dan: "I'm not too up on ghosts, that's possibly more Ali's area."
[Tue Jan 22 20:15:56 2008] : Dan: "I have good knowledge of the planes though. Perhaps she and I can work out what they are"
[Tue Jan 22 20:16:07 2008] : Adrin: Adrin jogs up the steps
[Tue Jan 22 20:16:38 2008] : DM: ooc from last week: "The unpleasant death of the guard has left strong echos on the plane of shadow. Strong enough to bleed through if only briefly into the material world."
[Tue Jan 22 20:17:32 2008] : DM: The carved wooden door is bound with rusty iron is open.
[Tue Jan 22 20:18:11 2008] : Dan: "Perhaps these people all died at once in the same kind of terrible death as the first ghost that we saw"
[Tue Jan 22 20:18:18 2008] : DM: The tiled floor inside is heaped with bones drapped in white fillaments.
[Tue Jan 22 20:18:21 2008] : Oona: "Myabe"
[Tue Jan 22 20:18:23 2008] : DM: Knowledge: nature
[Tue Jan 22 20:18:38 2008] : Dan: "And if the death was not immediate, maybe a lot congregated here to die"
[Tue Jan 22 20:18:39 2008] : Oona: "Oona examines the door closely, looking for traps, rusty things about to fall etc.
[Tue Jan 22 20:18:43 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [1,7] = (8)
[Tue Jan 22 20:18:50 2008] : Adrin: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [18,5] = (23)
[Tue Jan 22 20:18:52 2008] : Dan: ooc hmm, need new dice
[Tue Jan 22 20:18:53 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [19,13] = (32)
[Tue Jan 22 20:18:59 2008] : DM: ooc leave your brain behind?
[Tue Jan 22 20:19:21 2008] : Adrin: ooc he's making Adrin look smart!
[Tue Jan 22 20:19:41 2008] : Adrin: "Hold on"
[Tue Jan 22 20:19:58 2008] : Adrin: "Is that spider silk?"
[Tue Jan 22 20:20:08 2008] : Dan: "Where?"
[Tue Jan 22 20:20:29 2008] : Adrin: "On the bodies. The white threads"
[Tue Jan 22 20:20:37 2008] : DM: The fillaments festoon the walls and the lights, casting long, eerie shadows across the piles of human bones.
[Tue Jan 22 20:20:52 2008] : DM: Listen checks
[Tue Jan 22 20:20:58 2008] : Adrin: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [16,11] = (27)
[Tue Jan 22 20:21:04 2008] : DM: [1d20+11] => [7,11] = (18)
[Tue Jan 22 20:21:04 2008] : DM: [1d20+11] => [2,11] = (13)
[Tue Jan 22 20:21:06 2008] : DM: [1d20+11] => [2,11] = (13)
[Tue Jan 22 20:21:10 2008] : Oona: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [15,9] = (24)
[Tue Jan 22 20:21:55 2008] : Dan: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [19,5] = (24)
[Tue Jan 22 20:22:17 2008] : DM: There's several things moving about inside.
[Tue Jan 22 20:22:22 2008] : DM: Roll initiative.
[Tue Jan 22 20:22:31 2008] : Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+3] => [11,3] = (14)
[Tue Jan 22 20:23:02 2008] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [5,5] = (10)
[Tue Jan 22 20:23:32 2008] : Oona: Initiative: [1d20+9] => [9,9] = (18)
[Tue Jan 22 20:25:04 2008] : DM: [1d20+7] => [16,7] = (23)
[Tue Jan 22 20:25:35 2008] : Oona: ooc we're rolling like dogs today
[Tue Jan 22 20:25:42 2008] : Oona: ooc hmpf.
[Tue Jan 22 20:26:08 2008] : DM: Oona, your turn
[Tue Jan 22 20:27:10 2008] : Oona: ooc door is open right?
[Tue Jan 22 20:27:15 2008] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Jan 22 20:27:22 2008] : Dan: "I can fireball inside if you like"
[Tue Jan 22 20:27:41 2008] : Oona: Oona moves a step and hides behind the corner, while trying to lurk inside.
[Tue Jan 22 20:28:08 2008] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [10,11] = (21)
[Tue Jan 22 20:28:09 2008] : DM: Hide check
[Tue Jan 22 20:28:10 2008] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [19,14] = (33)
[Tue Jan 22 20:28:28 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jan 22 20:29:22 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jan 22 20:29:32 2008] : Adrin: Adrin likes Dans idea and waits
[Tue Jan 22 20:29:47 2008] : Adrin: "I like that idea. Everyone's already dead, right?"
[Tue Jan 22 20:29:56 2008] : Dan: "Far as we know"
[Tue Jan 22 20:30:10 2008] : Dan: "Plus I'm not keen on people who live with giant spiders"
[Tue Jan 22 20:30:16 2008] : Adrin: "Whats the worst that can happen?"
[Tue Jan 22 20:30:21 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Jan 22 20:30:23 2008] : Adrin: done
[Tue Jan 22 20:30:40 2008] : Dan: "Umm, the evil in the temple is just wating for a spark of fire??"
[Tue Jan 22 20:30:49 2008] : Dan: Dan grins wryly
[Tue Jan 22 20:31:22 2008] : Dan: Dan takes a step forwards and peers into the gloom
[Tue Jan 22 20:31:34 2008] : DM: ooc hmmm. Apparently these spiders live in 'warm hills' oh well.
[Tue Jan 22 20:31:37 2008] : Dan: ooc can I see anything - low light vision
[Tue Jan 22 20:31:43 2008] : Dan: ooc ?
[Tue Jan 22 20:31:44 2008] : DM: It's not very gloomy
[Tue Jan 22 20:32:01 2008] : Dan: Dan takes a step forwards and peers into the room
[Tue Jan 22 20:32:01 2008] : Adrin: ooc I thought the lights were on
[Tue Jan 22 20:32:09 2008] : DM: You don't see any monster or creature or anything moving inside.
[Tue Jan 22 20:32:35 2008] : Dan: "OK, no point me firing randomly"
[Tue Jan 22 20:32:41 2008] : Dan: "Sorry guys"
[Tue Jan 22 20:32:44 2008] : Oona: ooc spiders? where did the spiders come from?
[Tue Jan 22 20:32:48 2008] : Dan: ooc done
[Tue Jan 22 20:32:59 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jan 22 20:32:59 2008] : Adrin: ooc spider silk everywhere
[Tue Jan 22 20:33:14 2008] : Oona: ooc haaaa
[Tue Jan 22 20:33:29 2008] : Adrin: ooc how high is the ceiling?
[Tue Jan 22 20:34:06 2008] : DM: The ceiling is vaulted about 40 ft at the highest point in the centre.
[Tue Jan 22 20:35:02 2008] : Adrin: ooc any rocks/debris around?
[Tue Jan 22 20:35:25 2008] : DM: No, just the bones of what could be hundreds of people.
[Tue Jan 22 20:35:51 2008] : Adrin: Adrin picks up skull and throws it into the centre of the room
[Tue Jan 22 20:36:42 2008] : DM: It bounces once and shatters
[Tue Jan 22 20:36:58 2008] : Dan: ooc we seem to be called 'Adrinanona'
[Tue Jan 22 20:37:16 2008] : Oona: ooc indeed.
[Tue Jan 22 20:37:35 2008] : Adrin: "We definately heard something didn't we?"
[Tue Jan 22 20:37:48 2008] : Dan: ooc brb - need to whizz the dog out for a pee
[Tue Jan 22 20:39:46 2008] : Oona: Oona whispers "All I heard is it shattering, really"
[Tue Jan 22 20:39:58 2008] : Dan: ooc back
[Tue Jan 22 20:40:27 2008] : Adrin: "I meant we heard soemthing moving inside"
[Tue Jan 22 20:40:37 2008] : Dan: "I heard movement as we approached"
[Tue Jan 22 20:41:13 2008] : DM: Adrin, are you done?
[Tue Jan 22 20:41:17 2008] : Adrin: Done
[Tue Jan 22 20:41:41 2008] : Adrin: ooc was hoping for some reaction from the skull
[Tue Jan 22 20:42:05 2008] : Dan: "I'll summon a creature to lure them out"
[Tue Jan 22 20:42:19 2008] : Adrin: "Nice idea"
[Tue Jan 22 20:43:02 2008] : Phase Spiders: Three large spiders with variegated markings in white, gray and blue appear near you and attack with their powerful mandibles.
[Tue Jan 22 20:43:23 2008] : Oona: ooc oh.
[Tue Jan 22 20:43:31 2008] : Adrin: ooc dirty gits!
[Tue Jan 22 20:43:31 2008] : Phase Spiders: (attacking Adrin twice and Dan once)
[Tue Jan 22 20:43:35 2008] : Phase Spiders: Bite (base): [1d20+7] => [6,7] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [2,4] = (6)
[Tue Jan 22 20:43:36 2008] : Phase Spiders: Bite (base): [1d20+7] => [8,7] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [2,4] = (6)
[Tue Jan 22 20:43:37 2008] : Phase Spiders: Bite (base): [1d20+7] => [19,7] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [1,4] = (5)
[Tue Jan 22 20:43:55 2008] : Dan: Fortitude save: [1d20+5] => [10,5] = (15)
[Tue Jan 22 20:44:23 2008] : Dan: "Aaargh!"
[Tue Jan 22 20:44:43 2008] : Phase Spiders: The spiders powerful venoms burns through your veins, take [1d8] => [3] = (3) CON damage.
[Tue Jan 22 20:45:03 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Jan 22 20:45:09 2008] : DM: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] => [20,4] = (24)
[Tue Jan 22 20:45:09 2008] : DM: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] => [18,4] = (22)
[Tue Jan 22 20:45:10 2008] : DM: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] => [11,4] = (15)
[Tue Jan 22 20:45:41 2008] : Oona: Oona shoulders her bow and draws her swords
[Tue Jan 22 20:45:49 2008] : Oona: ooc can I even reach them?
[Tue Jan 22 20:45:54 2008] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Jan 22 20:46:24 2008] : Oona: Oona tries to sruprise number 1 (I would assume the others have seen me?)
[Tue Jan 22 20:46:38 2008] : DM: ooc none of them spotted you
[Tue Jan 22 20:47:08 2008] : Oona: ok, so I'm still attacking 1 and hiding behind the corner again afterwards
[Tue Jan 22 20:47:22 2008] : Oona: oona swings her hands into 1
[Tue Jan 22 20:47:55 2008] : Oona: White sister (cold)
[Tue Jan 22 20:47:56 2008] : Oona: Sister - Sword, short +1 (base): [1d20+9] => [18,9] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [5,4] = (9)
[Tue Jan 22 20:48:06 2008] : DM: Hit, sneak attack.
[Tue Jan 22 20:48:22 2008] : Oona: ducking, piercing, slashing...: Sneak attack: [4d6] => [6,5,6,3] = (20)
[Tue Jan 22 20:48:27 2008] : Oona: Oona swings back behind the wall
[Tue Jan 22 20:48:33 2008] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [13,14] = (27)
[Tue Jan 22 20:48:36 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jan 22 20:48:56 2008] : DM: ooc you can't hide, unless you have "hide in plain sight".
[Tue Jan 22 20:49:04 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jan 22 20:49:07 2008] : Oona: ooc hiding at least from 1.
[Tue Jan 22 20:49:12 2008] : Adrin: Adrin flies into a rage and attacks the spider infront of him - #1
[Tue Jan 22 20:49:12 2008] : Oona: ooc not the others really.
[Tue Jan 22 20:49:21 2008] : DM: ooc good point, hide check.
[Tue Jan 22 20:49:22 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+16] => [3,16] = (19) ===> Damage: [2d6+10] => [4,4,10] = (18)
[Tue Jan 22 20:49:22 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (second): [1d20+11] => [2,11] = (13) ===> Damage: [2d6+10] => [4,4,10] = (18)
[Tue Jan 22 20:49:32 2008] : Oona: ooc I did it 27
[Tue Jan 22 20:50:11 2008] : DM: One slash causes the creatures viscous blood to spill onto the tiles.
[Tue Jan 22 20:50:19 2008] : Adrin: ooc, oh, and activate cloak just before all that
[Tue Jan 22 20:51:09 2008] : Adrin: done
[Tue Jan 22 20:51:17 2008] : DM: It's may legs quiver and it dies.
[Tue Jan 22 20:51:29 2008] : DM: many
[Tue Jan 22 20:51:34 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Jan 22 20:52:01 2008] : Dan: ooc do I know how far they can reach?
[Tue Jan 22 20:52:19 2008] : DM: ooc 10 ft
[Tue Jan 22 20:52:28 2008] : DM: ooc 5 ft
[Tue Jan 22 20:52:37 2008] : Dan: Dan steps back
[Tue Jan 22 20:53:23 2008] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray (base): [1d20+9] => [3,9] = (12) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [6,2,5,1,0] = (14)
[Tue Jan 22 20:53:25 2008] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray (base): [1d20+9] => [11,9] = (20) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [4,1,4,3,0] = (12)
[Tue Jan 22 20:53:43 2008] : Dan: oo con no2
[Tue Jan 22 20:53:48 2008] : Dan: ooc on no2
[Tue Jan 22 20:53:51 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jan 22 20:53:55 2008] : DM: The spider sizzles.
[Tue Jan 22 20:54:08 2008] : Oona: ooc fried spider for dinner :)
[Tue Jan 22 20:54:15 2008] : Phase Spiders: The two remaining spiders phase out of sight...
[Tue Jan 22 20:54:45 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Jan 22 20:55:23 2008] : Adrin: "I don't like that"
[Tue Jan 22 20:55:27 2008] : Dan: ooc lost 1/4 of my HPs to Con loss!
[Tue Jan 22 20:55:31 2008] : Oona: "Hmm, i guess we need to be carefuil with those."
[Tue Jan 22 20:55:34 2008] : Adrin: ooc :O
[Tue Jan 22 20:55:38 2008] : Oona: "Where have they gone?"
[Tue Jan 22 20:55:41 2008] : Dan: "Argh, I think that it poisoned me"
[Tue Jan 22 20:55:47 2008] : Oona: Oona looks around desperatly
[Tue Jan 22 20:55:51 2008] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [14,11] = (25)
[Tue Jan 22 20:55:55 2008] : Adrin: "Maybe Ali can cure it"
[Tue Jan 22 20:55:57 2008] : DM: You don't see them.
[Tue Jan 22 20:56:10 2008] : Dan: ooc luckily my Con is an odd number or it would have been 1/2!
[Tue Jan 22 20:56:11 2008] : DM: ooc you can ready an action to attack/cast/etc
[Tue Jan 22 20:56:55 2008] : Oona: Oona readies her swords, and waits to see if the spiders appear again, still hiding behind the corner
[Tue Jan 22 20:57:05 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jan 22 20:57:13 2008] : Oona: "Guys, get in, if they come and I can surprise them, I can kill them emore easily"
[Tue Jan 22 20:57:16 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jan 22 20:57:27 2008] : Dan: "Oona, they can appear from anywhere"
[Tue Jan 22 20:57:28 2008] : Adrin: Adrin looks around for something to kill
[Tue Jan 22 20:57:41 2008] : Oona: Oona points at the inside of the room.
[Tue Jan 22 20:58:38 2008] : DM: ooc readying an action Adrin?
[Tue Jan 22 20:58:47 2008] : Adrin: ooc ah, yes
[Tue Jan 22 20:58:48 2008] : Adrin: done
[Tue Jan 22 20:58:50 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Jan 22 20:59:04 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Mirror Image (level 2): Creates decoy duplicates of you (1d4 +1 per three levels, max 8) ==> [1d4+2] => [1,2] = (3) images (Image AC = 14; Duration - 1 minute per level)
[Tue Jan 22 20:59:19 2008] : Dan: ooc getting all the good rolls tonight!
[Tue Jan 22 20:59:48 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jan 22 20:59:53 2008] : Phase Spiders: The two spiders appear next to Adrin and Dan.
[Tue Jan 22 21:00:09 2008] : Phase Spiders: Bite (base): [1d20+7] => [13,7] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [3,4] = (7)
[Tue Jan 22 21:00:09 2008] : Phase Spiders: Bite (base): [1d20+7] => [13,7] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [3,4] = (7)
[Tue Jan 22 21:00:18 2008] : Dan: [1d4] => [3] = (3)
[Tue Jan 22 21:00:24 2008] : Dan: Image - hits
[Tue Jan 22 21:00:26 2008] : Phase Spiders: Miss, hit on an image
[Tue Jan 22 21:00:52 2008] : Adrin: ooc strangely identical rolls
[Tue Jan 22 21:00:54 2008] : DM: Readied actions?
[Tue Jan 22 21:01:00 2008] : Oona: Oona slips around the corner and hits number 3
[Tue Jan 22 21:01:15 2008] : Oona: White siter again (1d>6 cold)
[Tue Jan 22 21:01:17 2008] : Oona: Sister - Sword, short +1 (base): [1d20+9] => [7,9] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [3,4] = (7)
[Tue Jan 22 21:01:33 2008] : DM: Sneak attack
[Tue Jan 22 21:01:42 2008] : Oona: ducking, piercing, slashing...: Sneak attack: [4d6] => [3,3,2,3] = (11)
[Tue Jan 22 21:01:51 2008] : Oona: Oona retreats behind the corner to hide from the sight of number 3
[Tue Jan 22 21:01:56 2008] : DM: [1d6] => [6] = (6)
[Tue Jan 22 21:02:00 2008] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [12,14] = (26)
[Tue Jan 22 21:02:03 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jan 22 21:02:18 2008] : DM: Adrin, your readied attack?
[Tue Jan 22 21:02:30 2008] : Adrin: ooc full attack?
[Tue Jan 22 21:02:34 2008] : Oona: ooc wait, I can slip back behind the corner can I? Cos dan is in the way?
[Tue Jan 22 21:02:49 2008] : Oona: ooc *can't
[Tue Jan 22 21:02:49 2008] : Dan: ooc you can get past aliies
[Tue Jan 22 21:02:59 2008] : Dan: ooc allies
[Tue Jan 22 21:03:14 2008] : DM: ooc Hmm. I think you can only ready an action not a whole round.
[Tue Jan 22 21:03:28 2008] : DM: ooc just one attack Adrin.
[Tue Jan 22 21:03:34 2008] : Oona: ooc so I cna't get back behind the wall.
[Tue Jan 22 21:03:41 2008] : Dan: ooc you can
[Tue Jan 22 21:03:51 2008] : DM: ooc no
[Tue Jan 22 21:03:52 2008] : Oona: ooc move-attack and move again?
[Tue Jan 22 21:03:57 2008] : Oona: ooc I thought so.
[Tue Jan 22 21:04:06 2008] : Adrin: Adrin lashes out at #2
[Tue Jan 22 21:04:07 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+16] => [19,16] = (35) ===> Damage: [2d6+10] => [2,4,10] = (16)
[Tue Jan 22 21:04:07 2008] : Adrin: Critical hit? [1d20+16] => [11,16] = (27) ===> Damage: [4d6+20] => [2,6,2,5,20] = (35)
[Tue Jan 22 21:04:07 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (second): [1d20+11] => [13,11] = (24) ===> Damage: [2d6+10] => [2,6,10] = (18)
[Tue Jan 22 21:04:12 2008] : Dan: ooc ah, forgot you'd already moved :(
[Tue Jan 22 21:04:54 2008] : DM: Adrin's powerful strike severs several limbs and sends them flying. The spider is slain instantly.
[Tue Jan 22 21:05:02 2008] : Adrin: ooc :)
[Tue Jan 22 21:05:14 2008] : Phase Spiders: The remaining phase spider fades out of sight.
[Tue Jan 22 21:05:37 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Jan 22 21:06:00 2008] : Adrin: Adrin growls deeply
[Tue Jan 22 21:06:26 2008] : Oona: OOna moves behind the wall and readies her sowrds.
[Tue Jan 22 21:06:44 2008] : Oona: "Get in front of me! Prevent them from seing me"
[Tue Jan 22 21:06:49 2008] : Oona: Hiding
[Tue Jan 22 21:06:50 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jan 22 21:06:52 2008] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [11,14] = (25)
[Tue Jan 22 21:06:54 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jan 22 21:07:11 2008] : Adrin: Adrin looks around for something to kill again
[Tue Jan 22 21:07:15 2008] : Adrin: ready action, done
[Tue Jan 22 21:07:15 2008] : Dan: "We can't conceal you."
[Tue Jan 22 21:08:05 2008] : Dan: Dan prepares to cast Magic missile and is holding off on the last word and hand gesture
[Tue Jan 22 21:08:08 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jan 22 21:08:29 2008] : DM: You all wait...
[Tue Jan 22 21:08:45 2008] : DM: The spider isn't still hiding.
[Tue Jan 22 21:08:59 2008] : DM: The spider is still hiding.
[Tue Jan 22 21:09:02 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Jan 22 21:09:07 2008] : Adrin: ooc how many rounds gone?
[Tue Jan 22 21:09:24 2008] : DM: ooc since when?
[Tue Jan 22 21:09:40 2008] : Adrin: since I raged
[Tue Jan 22 21:09:59 2008] : Oona: Oona looks uneasy but stands still, her heands clutched on her sowrds
[Tue Jan 22 21:10:03 2008] : Adrin: ooc 4?
[Tue Jan 22 21:10:14 2008] : Oona: Ready for the next appearance of the spider
[Tue Jan 22 21:10:17 2008] : Dan: ooc I think 3
[Tue Jan 22 21:10:31 2008] : DM: ooc 3?
[Tue Jan 22 21:10:31 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jan 22 21:10:35 2008] : Adrin: ooc depends on how long they hid for
[Tue Jan 22 21:10:36 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jan 22 21:11:10 2008] : Adrin: Adrin gets impatient and starts moving, looking for the last cowardly spider
[Tue Jan 22 21:11:18 2008] : Adrin: done
[Tue Jan 22 21:11:39 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Jan 22 21:12:03 2008] : Dan: Dan holds position and gesture and doesn't speak
[Tue Jan 22 21:12:22 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jan 22 21:12:32 2008] : DM: Still the spider doesn't show.
[Tue Jan 22 21:12:38 2008] : DM: How long do you want to wait for it?
[Tue Jan 22 21:13:00 2008] : Oona: ooc until it shows up?
[Tue Jan 22 21:13:02 2008] : Oona: ooc haha
[Tue Jan 22 21:13:19 2008] : Oona: "Ok, it's not going to show"
[Tue Jan 22 21:13:24 2008] : Dan: 5 rounds
[Tue Jan 22 21:13:33 2008] : Oona: ooc agreed with Dan.
[Tue Jan 22 21:13:40 2008] : Adrin: ooc I've 4 more til I unrage
[Tue Jan 22 21:13:50 2008] : DM: Adrin are you still searching for it?
[Tue Jan 22 21:14:16 2008] : Adrin: ooc yeah, random 3-4 squares per rnd
[Tue Jan 22 21:14:17 2008] : Dan: Dan holds for 30 seconds more
[Tue Jan 22 21:14:46 2008] : DM: The spider suddenly pounces on Adrin from behind.
[Tue Jan 22 21:14:48 2008] : DM: Bite (base): [1d20+7] => [16,7] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [3,4] = (7)
[Tue Jan 22 21:14:54 2008] : Adrin: "argh"
[Tue Jan 22 21:15:02 2008] : DM: Fort save?
[Tue Jan 22 21:15:03 2008] : Dan: ooc we get our readied actions first
[Tue Jan 22 21:15:09 2008] : Adrin: Fortitude save: [1d20+10] => [15,10] = (25)
[Tue Jan 22 21:15:26 2008] : DM: Dan, your readied action. Oona, is too far away.
[Tue Jan 22 21:15:32 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 4 Missiles on one target: [4d4+4] => [2,3,2,1,4] = (12) damage
[Tue Jan 22 21:15:59 2008] : DM: The spider phases out again
[Tue Jan 22 21:16:06 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Jan 22 21:16:34 2008] : Oona: Oona moves towarda Adrin and hides behind the pillar
[Tue Jan 22 21:16:47 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jan 22 21:17:01 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jan 22 21:17:01 2008] : Dan: ooc ooc how long was the wait? I need to know for my fort save
[Tue Jan 22 21:17:19 2008] : DM: ooc 2 rounds
[Tue Jan 22 21:17:38 2008] : Dan: ooc OK, ta. 5 rounds until I need to save again
[Tue Jan 22 21:17:45 2008] : Adrin: Adrin stays where he is
[Tue Jan 22 21:17:49 2008] : Adrin: ready action, done
[Tue Jan 22 21:18:03 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Jan 22 21:18:55 2008] : Dan: Dan pull sout his bow and waits for the spider to appear, ready to attack
[Tue Jan 22 21:18:57 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jan 22 21:19:32 2008] : Phase Spiders: The spider appears next to Dan...
[Tue Jan 22 21:19:38 2008] : Phase Spiders: Readied actions?
[Tue Jan 22 21:19:46 2008] : Dan: Composite longbow +1 (base): [1d20+10] => [12,10] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] => [4,1] = (5)
[Tue Jan 22 21:19:58 2008] : Phase Spiders: Spider gets an AoO
[Tue Jan 22 21:20:00 2008] : Phase Spiders: Bite (base): [1d20+7] => [11,7] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [6,4] = (10)
[Tue Jan 22 21:20:09 2008] : Phase Spiders: Bite (base): [1d20+7] => [6,7] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [6,4] = (10)
[Tue Jan 22 21:20:09 2008] : Dan: [1d3] => [2] = (2)
[Tue Jan 22 21:20:22 2008] : Phase Spiders: Image and a miss.
[Tue Jan 22 21:20:43 2008] : DM: The spider fades away again
[Tue Jan 22 21:20:52 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Jan 22 21:20:56 2008] : Dan: ooc 1st hits an image and destrys it, the second doesn't matter
[Tue Jan 22 21:21:03 2008] : Oona: ooc I didn't roll a hide check, but I did hide.
[Tue Jan 22 21:21:07 2008] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [17,14] = (31)
[Tue Jan 22 21:21:19 2008] : Oona: Oona moves to the spider and strikes.
[Tue Jan 22 21:21:31 2008] : Oona: ooc although I don't know if that makes a difference now that I move
[Tue Jan 22 21:21:32 2008] : DM: ooc it's gone ethereal again.
[Tue Jan 22 21:21:35 2008] : Oona: Sister - Sword, short +1 (base): [1d20+9] => [13,9] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [1,4] = (5)
[Tue Jan 22 21:21:41 2008] : Oona: ooc oops
[Tue Jan 22 21:21:45 2008] : Oona: darn
[Tue Jan 22 21:21:50 2008] : Oona: then I don't move.
[Tue Jan 22 21:22:50 2008] : DM: Doing what instead?
[Tue Jan 22 21:23:05 2008] : Oona: Oona sheathes her swords and readies her bow
[Tue Jan 22 21:23:06 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jan 22 21:23:13 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jan 22 21:23:15 2008] : Oona: ooc still hiding behind that pillar.
[Tue Jan 22 21:23:17 2008] : Adrin: Adrin runs to Dans side
[Tue Jan 22 21:23:25 2008] : Adrin: done
[Tue Jan 22 21:23:32 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Jan 22 21:24:20 2008] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Fire Shield (warm) (level 4): Creatures attacking take 1d6 +1/level fire damage; cold attacks do half damage (nothing on successful save) (Duration - 1 round/level)
[Tue Jan 22 21:24:28 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jan 22 21:24:40 2008] : DM: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] => [9,4] = (13)
[Tue Jan 22 21:24:58 2008] : Phase Spiders: Attacks Adrin
[Tue Jan 22 21:25:09 2008] : Phase Spiders: Oona, your readied action?
[Tue Jan 22 21:25:32 2008] : Oona: ooc I don't think I had one, cos I sheathed and readied my bow, that counts as an action, doens't it?
[Tue Jan 22 21:26:05 2008] : Phase Spiders: ooc yes.
[Tue Jan 22 21:26:11 2008] : Phase Spiders: Bite (base): [1d20+7] => [4,7] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [1,4] = (5)
[Tue Jan 22 21:26:20 2008] : Phase Spiders: Miss and fades again
[Tue Jan 22 21:26:28 2008] : Phase Spiders: Oona?
[Tue Jan 22 21:26:55 2008] : Oona: Oona readies her bow, hoping the spider will come again in the same general direction
[Tue Jan 22 21:27:04 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jan 22 21:27:43 2008] : Adrin: Adrin gets ready to strike
[Tue Jan 22 21:27:47 2008] : Adrin: Adrin gets ready to strike
[Tue Jan 22 21:27:51 2008] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Jan 22 21:28:15 2008] : Dan: Dan readies his bow again
[Tue Jan 22 21:28:17 2008] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jan 22 21:28:34 2008] : Phase Spiders: Spider appears again
[Tue Jan 22 21:28:45 2008] : Phase Spiders: Oona, Adrin and Dan. Chop it to pieces.
[Tue Jan 22 21:28:49 2008] : Dan: Composite longbow +1 (base): [1d20+10] => [11,10] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Tue Jan 22 21:28:50 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+16] => [15,16] = (31) ===> Damage: [2d6+10] => [2,3,10] = (15)
[Tue Jan 22 21:28:50 2008] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (second): [1d20+11] => [10,11] = (21) ===> Damage: [2d6+10] => [3,3,10] = (16)
[Tue Jan 22 21:29:08 2008] : Phase Spiders: Oona?
[Tue Jan 22 21:29:30 2008] : Oona: Oona slips her bow past the pillar and shoots
[Tue Jan 22 21:29:38 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (base): [1d20+13] => [8,13] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d6+6] => [4,6] = (10)
[Tue Jan 22 21:29:42 2008] : Phase Spiders: Dan?
[Tue Jan 22 21:29:43 2008] : Oona: ooc sneak?
[Tue Jan 22 21:29:46 2008] : Phase Spiders: ooc yes
[Tue Jan 22 21:29:52 2008] : Oona: ducking, piercing, slashing...: Sneak attack: [4d6] => [2,2,6,5] = (15)
[Tue Jan 22 21:29:57 2008] : Dan: ooc yes?
[Tue Jan 22 21:30:03 2008] : Phase Spiders: readied action
[Tue Jan 22 21:30:13 2008] : Dan: ooc above Adrin
[Tue Jan 22 21:30:53 2008] : Dan: ooc it gets an AoO
[Tue Jan 22 21:30:55 2008] : Phase Spiders: The remaining spider is simultaneous slices and skewered into spider kebabs. It's very dead.
[Tue Jan 22 21:31:11 2008] : Oona: ooc :D
[Tue Jan 22 21:31:26 2008] : Adrin: Adrin looks very exhausted
[Tue Jan 22 21:31:27 2008] : Dan: "Quickly, do any of you have any magic to help against poisons?"
[Tue Jan 22 21:31:43 2008] : Dan: "Items, potions, anything?"
[Tue Jan 22 21:31:54 2008] : Oona: "I'm afraid I don't"
[Tue Jan 22 21:31:58 2008] : Adrin: "No, nothing."
[Tue Jan 22 21:32:18 2008] : Dan: Dan looks very concerned and is holding his spider bite
[Tue Jan 22 21:32:25 2008] : DM: 1050 XP for 7th levellers.
[Tue Jan 22 21:32:42 2008] : DM: 800 XP for 8th levellers.
[Tue Jan 22 21:32:47 2008] : DM: Fort save Dan
[Tue Jan 22 21:32:50 2008] : Oona: ooc wow
[Tue Jan 22 21:32:57 2008] : Oona: ooc Ka'chin
[Tue Jan 22 21:33:02 2008] : Dan: Fortitude save: [1d20+5] => [1,5] = (6)
[Tue Jan 22 21:33:07 2008] : Adrin: "Lets get you back to Ali. Maybe she can help"
[Tue Jan 22 21:33:10 2008] : Adrin: ooc ouch!
[Tue Jan 22 21:33:45 2008] : DM: Another [1d8] => [8] = (8) CON damage, Dan.
[Tue Jan 22 21:33:50 2008] : Adrin: ooc :O:O:O
[Tue Jan 22 21:33:52 2008] : Oona: ooc OMG
[Tue Jan 22 21:34:14 2008] : Dan: A mystic blue energy appears around Dan as a fate point is used
[Tue Jan 22 21:34:28 2008] : DM: ooc 1 CON and -9 HP
[Tue Jan 22 21:34:52 2008] : DM: ooc that's why they're worth so much XP ;)
[Tue Jan 22 21:35:00 2008] : Dan: ooc 16 -28 is -12
[Tue Jan 22 21:35:51 2008] : Dan: ooc 28 total, 5 damage, 7 from initial con damage, 28 from secondary
[Tue Jan 22 21:36:08 2008] : Dan: ooc = -12, hence the fate point
[Tue Jan 22 21:36:50 2008] : Dan: ooc make that 8 and 32, I'm level 8, not 7
[Tue Jan 22 21:37:20 2008] : DM: ooc actually you have 2 CON left, and spending a fate point puts you on -9 HP.
[Tue Jan 22 21:37:48 2008] : Dan: ooc doesn't the fate point make me pass the fort save?
[Tue Jan 22 21:38:34 2008] : DM: ooc Hmm. I'd not actually considered that.
[Tue Jan 22 21:38:35 2008] : Dan: ooc I appreciate that I have 2 cone from 10, but thet means -32 HP which is more than my normal total :)
[Tue Jan 22 21:38:41 2008] : Dan: ooc CON
[Tue Jan 22 21:39:20 2008] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Jan 22 21:39:28 2008] : DM: ooc Okay, you made the save so you stay at 10 CON and however many HP that is.
[Tue Jan 22 21:39:37 2008] : Dan: ooc 15
[Tue Jan 22 21:42:18 2008] : DM: There are four small doors leading out of this grand hallway and a larger door opposite the entrance.
[Tue Jan 22 21:43:13 2008] : Adrin: "Are you ok Dan?"
[Tue Jan 22 21:43:28 2008] : Dan: "I don't think that the poison has spread"
[Tue Jan 22 21:43:41 2008] : Dan: "I'm ok to carry on"
[Tue Jan 22 21:43:51 2008] : Adrin: "Sure?"
[Tue Jan 22 21:44:04 2008] : Oona: "Certain?"
[Tue Jan 22 21:44:07 2008] : Dan: "Ignore the firey circle by the way"
[Tue Jan 22 21:44:14 2008] : Dan: "It will be gone soon"
[Tue Jan 22 21:44:21 2008] : Oona: "Because I really can't do aything about poison"
[Tue Jan 22 21:44:48 2008] : Dan: "I should be OK with some sleep. But for now I can carry on"
[Tue Jan 22 21:45:16 2008] : Adrin: "Ok, Shall we see whats through that big door?"
[Tue Jan 22 21:45:53 2008] : Dan: "Yes, let's continue"
[Tue Jan 22 21:46:12 2008] : Adrin: ooc whats the rectangle infront of the door?
[Tue Jan 22 21:46:51 2008] : DM: It's a fine looking table and chair
[Tue Jan 22 21:47:28 2008] : Adrin: ooc anything on it?
[Tue Jan 22 21:47:56 2008] : DM: Lots of dust, the odd human bone.
[Tue Jan 22 21:48:02 2008] : Dan: "So many bones here"
[Tue Jan 22 21:48:34 2008] : Oona: "Yes, it's starting to get bony"
[Tue Jan 22 21:48:58 2008] : Adrin: "Do you think the spiders killed them all?"
[Tue Jan 22 21:49:23 2008] : Dan: "I don't think that they killed any of them"
[Tue Jan 22 21:49:26 2008] : Oona: Oona goes around the room looking at the walls, the pillars, the table, looking for anything like a sign of thepast that is not a bone
[Tue Jan 22 21:49:33 2008] : Dan: "These spiders are too recent"
[Tue Jan 22 21:49:45 2008] : Dan: "But I guess they've been eating something"
[Tue Jan 22 21:49:52 2008] : Adrin: ooc is the door open?
[Tue Jan 22 21:50:08 2008] : DM: The big door look securly fastened.
[Tue Jan 22 21:50:20 2008] : Oona: ooc which door is that?
[Tue Jan 22 21:50:31 2008] : Oona: ooc I'm updating my skills, takes a while, sorry
[Tue Jan 22 21:50:37 2008] : Adrin: ooc top of the room
[Tue Jan 22 21:50:49 2008] : DM: Scattered among the bones are small metal items like belt buckles and cheap looking brooches.
[Tue Jan 22 21:51:17 2008] : Dan: "Some things survive the passage of time better than others"
[Tue Jan 22 21:51:39 2008] : Dan: "Flesh is fleeting, but trinkets are timeless"
[Tue Jan 22 21:51:45 2008] : DM: Buttons, copper coins, and other small durable items that an ordinary person might have about their person.
[Tue Jan 22 21:52:17 2008] : Dan: Dan nudges a belt buckle with his foot.
[Tue Jan 22 21:52:30 2008] : Adrin: "This is all slightly depressing."
[Tue Jan 22 21:52:51 2008] : Dan: "I agree, I hope there are clues to what calamity befell this city"
[Tue Jan 22 21:53:03 2008] : Dan: "What's with the door Adrin?"
[Tue Jan 22 21:53:42 2008] : Adrin: Adrin tries the door
[Tue Jan 22 21:53:59 2008] : DM: It's locked or barred from teh other side.
[Tue Jan 22 21:54:54 2008] : Dan: "Shall we try the side doors?"
[Tue Jan 22 21:55:05 2008] : Adrin: "May as well"
[Tue Jan 22 21:55:50 2008] : Dan: "Start at the ones near the entrance?"
[Tue Jan 22 21:56:02 2008] : Oona: "Might be a good idea"
[Tue Jan 22 21:56:07 2008] : Oona: Oona approaches the door
[Tue Jan 22 21:56:18 2008] : Dan: Dan wanders to the South-Western door
[Tue Jan 22 21:56:20 2008] : Oona: Search (+5 with goggles of minute seeing) Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [1,14] = (15)
[Tue Jan 22 21:56:51 2008] : Oona: Looking for traps and other weird mechanisms, studying the lock if it's locked
[Tue Jan 22 21:57:20 2008] : DM: It's open
[Tue Jan 22 21:57:24 2008] : DM: And untrapped
[Tue Jan 22 21:58:53 2008] : Oona: [1d6] => [1] = (1)
[Tue Jan 22 21:58:59 2008] : Oona: ooc great roll :P
[Tue Jan 22 22:00:27 2008] : Oona: "Let's go?"
[Tue Jan 22 22:00:45 2008] : Adrin: "Lead on"
[Tue Jan 22 22:00:46 2008] : Oona: Oona readies her bow and slowly opens the door, keeping behind it
[Tue Jan 22 22:00:51 2008] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [5,15] = (20)
[Tue Jan 22 22:01:31 2008] : Dan: Dan puts his bow away and draws his sword
[Tue Jan 22 22:02:47 2008] : DM: The door opens out onto a wall courtyard area, cracked and broken clay pots of various sizes, some half as tall as a person stand around the edge and in the centre of the area.
[Tue Jan 22 22:03:10 2008] : DM: Some of the pots of extensive and large growths of various sorts of fungi.
[Tue Jan 22 22:03:27 2008] : Oona has sent you a tree node...
[Tue Jan 22 22:05:02 2008] : Adrin: Adrin wanders round the pots looking for anything
[Tue Jan 22 22:05:14 2008] : Oona: Oona tries to peep inside and see if there's any life beside the fungi
[Tue Jan 22 22:05:20 2008] : DM: Spot checks
[Tue Jan 22 22:05:21 2008] : Dan: Dan looks at the Funghi
[Tue Jan 22 22:05:23 2008] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [18,11] = (29)
[Tue Jan 22 22:05:28 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [3,11] = (14)
[Tue Jan 22 22:05:28 2008] : Adrin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [9,7] = (16)
[Tue Jan 22 22:05:39 2008] : Oona: and tries to recognise the fungi
[Tue Jan 22 22:05:43 2008] : Oona: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [20,5] = (25)
[Tue Jan 22 22:05:46 2008] : Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [3,5] = (8)
[Tue Jan 22 22:05:47 2008] : DM: Knowledge: nature?
[Tue Jan 22 22:05:49 2008] : Oona: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [3,7] = (10)
[Tue Jan 22 22:05:51 2008] : Adrin: ooc yet another kick-ass roll for the magic-user
[Tue Jan 22 22:05:52 2008] : DM: [1d20+4] => [8,4] = (12)
[Tue Jan 22 22:05:53 2008] : Dan: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [16,7] = (23)
[Tue Jan 22 22:06:06 2008] : Adrin: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [17,5] = (22)
[Tue Jan 22 22:07:17 2008] : DM: You all see one of the fungi looking at you with small yellow eyes.
[Tue Jan 22 22:08:01 2008] : DM: Dan, and Adrin, it's looks like a Myconid, a species of intelligent mobile fungus. They're not know for hostility.
[Tue Jan 22 22:08:10 2008] : Dan: "Hmm, I'm no druid, but I'm pretty sure that normal funghi don't have eyes.
[Tue Jan 22 22:08:15 2008] : Oona: Oona whispers "That one seems to be a little more than just a "plant"
[Tue Jan 22 22:08:32 2008] : Dan: "I think these may be Myconids"
[Tue Jan 22 22:08:49 2008] : Oona: "And what would those be exactly?"
[Tue Jan 22 22:09:06 2008] : Adrin: "They're usually quite placid aren't they"
[Tue Jan 22 22:09:26 2008] : Oona: "I see"
[Tue Jan 22 22:09:35 2008] : Oona: "So youreckon we can go in?"
[Tue Jan 22 22:09:49 2008] : Dan: ooc Dan doesn't know about the 5 taxonomic Kingdoms so let's the plant comment slip ;)
[Tue Jan 22 22:09:53 2008] : DM: ooc I can't find what language they speak...
[Tue Jan 22 22:09:58 2008] : Adrin: ooc I though we were already there
[Tue Jan 22 22:10:15 2008] : Dan: ooc they might not speak
[Tue Jan 22 22:10:38 2008] : Dan: ooc I went in and had a look
[Tue Jan 22 22:11:51 2008] : Adrin: Adrin sheathes his sword
[Tue Jan 22 22:12:13 2008] : Dan: ooc from a quick Google, "They have no spoken language"
[Tue Jan 22 22:12:30 2008] : DM: The myconid studies you all for a while before releasing a cloud of spores into the air.
[Tue Jan 22 22:12:58 2008] : DM: What's your reaction to the cloud of spores drifting towards you?
[Tue Jan 22 22:13:13 2008] : Adrin: "I say we leave it alone and close the door"
[Tue Jan 22 22:13:25 2008] : Dan: "I agree"
[Tue Jan 22 22:13:29 2008] : Oona: Oona puts her sleave in front of her nose and mouth and tries to speak through it
[Tue Jan 22 22:13:33 2008] : Dan: Dan backs off to the door
[Tue Jan 22 22:13:38 2008] : Adrin: Adrin moves towards the door
[Tue Jan 22 22:13:47 2008] : Oona: "Are you sure they're harmless?"
[Tue Jan 22 22:13:59 2008] : Dan: "Peaceful. not harmelss"
[Tue Jan 22 22:14:01 2008] : Oona: *sleeve?
[Tue Jan 22 22:14:06 2008] : Dan: ooc yes
[Tue Jan 22 22:14:07 2008] : DM: Fort saves if you attemping to avoid the spores.
[Tue Jan 22 22:14:14 2008] : Oona: I am.
[Tue Jan 22 22:14:17 2008] : Oona: Fortitude save: [1d20+6] => [4,6] = (10)
[Tue Jan 22 22:14:22 2008] : Adrin: Fortitude save: [1d20+10] => [9,10] = (19)
[Tue Jan 22 22:14:24 2008] : Dan: Fortitude save: [1d20+5] => [15,5] = (20)
[Tue Jan 22 22:17:11 2008] : Oona: "Oh"
[Tue Jan 22 22:17:45 2008] : Oona: "Errr, we have been asked to come here"
[Tue Jan 22 22:17:55 2008] : Dan: "Pardon?"
[Tue Jan 22 22:18:03 2008] : Oona: Oona looks at the myconid very strangely
[Tue Jan 22 22:18:17 2008] : Oona: "We are mandated, by a bunch of wizards at the surface"
[Tue Jan 22 22:18:28 2008] : Adrin: "Are you talking to it?"
[Tue Jan 22 22:18:36 2008] : DM: The myconid looks like it's thinking slowly.
[Tue Jan 22 22:18:39 2008] : Dan: "I can't hear it"
[Tue Jan 22 22:18:43 2008] : Oona: Oona is definitely addressing the fungus
[Tue Jan 22 22:18:53 2008] : Oona: "It's asking me what we're doing here. And who we are"
[Tue Jan 22 22:19:13 2008] : Oona: "Dan can tell you better"
[Tue Jan 22 22:19:28 2008] : Oona: Oona pokes Dan
[Tue Jan 22 22:19:35 2008] : Oona: "Can you tell him what we're doing here?"
[Tue Jan 22 22:19:39 2008] : Oona: ooc it?
[Tue Jan 22 22:20:01 2008] : Oona: It's asking what we are seeking in this world of ancient death
[Tue Jan 22 22:20:11 2008] : Oona: "It's asking what we are seeking in this world of ancient death"
[Tue Jan 22 22:20:22 2008] : Dan: "We're part of a larger party sent to clear the area of undead in preparation for a bunch of scholar wizards to study this ancient city"
[Tue Jan 22 22:20:40 2008] : Dan: Dan's contempt for 'scholar wizards' is not concealed
[Tue Jan 22 22:21:23 2008] : DM: The myconid releases another cloud of spores into the area.
[Tue Jan 22 22:21:56 2008] : Oona: "It says if oyu don't resist the spores, we may all speak"
[Tue Jan 22 22:22:06 2008] : Oona: "just breathe them in"
[Tue Jan 22 22:22:08 2008] : Adrin: "Are you sure?"
[Tue Jan 22 22:22:09 2008] : Dan: Dan breathes the spores
[Tue Jan 22 22:22:17 2008] : Oona: Oona takes a deep breath
[Tue Jan 22 22:22:39 2008] : DM: The myconid repeats its question
[Tue Jan 22 22:22:53 2008] : DM: "What do you seek in this deep world of ancient death?"
[Tue Jan 22 22:22:54 2008] : Adrin: Adrin breathes them in
[Tue Jan 22 22:23:00 2008] : Dan: Dan thinks his answer again...
[Tue Jan 22 22:23:03 2008] : Dan: "We're part of a larger party sent to clear the area of undead in preparation for a bunch of scholar wizards to study this ancient city"
[Tue Jan 22 22:23:16 2008] : Dan: "Can you explain what happened here?"
[Tue Jan 22 22:23:20 2008] : Adrin: "and we want to know what happened"
[Tue Jan 22 22:24:14 2008] : Oona: ooc brb
[Tue Jan 22 22:24:20 2008] : Myconid: It nods slowly. "Below lies the garden of our soveriegn, you will find no undead below."
[Tue Jan 22 22:24:45 2008] : Myconid: "Search elsewhere."
[Tue Jan 22 22:25:01 2008] : Dan: "Anywhere in particular?"
[Tue Jan 22 22:25:08 2008] : Myconid: "And do not ask for tales of long ago. You are not of the colony."
[Tue Jan 22 22:25:43 2008] : Dan: ""Perhaps we can offer you something. A trade, for information?"
[Tue Jan 22 22:25:52 2008] : Myconid: "Search these square places of stone."
[Tue Jan 22 22:26:09 2008] : Dan: "Although I admit that I don't know what you might desire"
[Tue Jan 22 22:27:31 2008] : Myconid: The myconid looks thoughtful.
[Tue Jan 22 22:28:25 2008] : Myconid: "Perhaps, you can be of use. The soverign will know."
[Tue Jan 22 22:28:43 2008] : Myconid: "Go, and return in one day."
[Tue Jan 22 22:28:44 2008] : Dan: "And the sovreign is on a level below this one?"
[Tue Jan 22 22:29:36 2008] : Dan: "By below, do you men just in this building, or is there another city level below?"
[Tue Jan 22 22:29:37 2008] : Myconid: "The colony inhabits the tunnels and caverns below, yes."
[Tue Jan 22 22:29:46 2008] : Oona: Oona looks thoughtful
[Tue Jan 22 22:29:52 2008] : Oona: "A colon of your peers?"
[Tue Jan 22 22:29:56 2008] : Oona: *colony
[Tue Jan 22 22:30:01 2008] : Adrin: "This entire place is enormous!"
[Tue Jan 22 22:30:03 2008] : Myconid: It steps to one side to reveal a rough tunnel heading steeply downwards.
[Tue Jan 22 22:30:37 2008] : Dan: "I only ask as we wish to finish exploring this building, but would not wish to upset your people by intruding where we are not welcome"
[Tue Jan 22 22:31:19 2008] : Adrin: "We will come back as you asked"
[Tue Jan 22 22:31:23 2008] : Myconid: It nods. "You are not as I expected surface crawlers to be."
[Tue Jan 22 22:32:12 2008] : Dan: "Can we explore the area at the other side of this room?"
[Tue Jan 22 22:32:41 2008] : Oona: "Surface crawllers..." Oone grins.
[Tue Jan 22 22:32:44 2008] : Dan: "I mean the the other side of the main room to this room."
[Tue Jan 22 22:32:56 2008] : Myconid: "Explore all the places of straight stone as you wish. What use as the colony of bare stone?"
[Tue Jan 22 22:33:04 2008] : Oona: "Or maybe you can even tell us what dangers we might be facing?"
[Tue Jan 22 22:34:34 2008] : Myconid: "Beware the spirts. The time of ancient death has left many disturbed."
[Tue Jan 22 22:36:00 2008] : Dan: "We have seen some, but few have been malicious yet. We thank you for your warning"
[Tue Jan 22 22:36:42 2008] : Myconid: It waits.
[Tue Jan 22 22:36:57 2008] : Oona: "We will then return in a day"
[Tue Jan 22 22:37:18 2008] : Dan: "Yes. Until tomorrow."
[Tue Jan 22 22:37:36 2008] : Oona: "Oh one other thing. Do you know of a place where we can rest and heal safely?"
[Tue Jan 22 22:37:44 2008] : Dan: Dan nods and heads out of the room
[Tue Jan 22 22:37:50 2008] : Adrin: Adrin leaves
[Tue Jan 22 22:38:08 2008] : Myconid: "No, we do not venture amonst these places of stone often."
[Tue Jan 22 22:38:09 2008] : Dan: "Oona, we're OK in the crystal room where we left Ali"
[Tue Jan 22 22:39:36 2008] : Oona: "OK"
[Tue Jan 22 22:39:50 2008] : Oona: Oona bows briefly and goes
[Tue Jan 22 22:40:18 2008] : Dan: "Well that was interesting, to say the least!"
[Tue Jan 22 22:40:39 2008] : Dan: "It's lucky that you got caught by the spores Oona"
[Tue Jan 22 22:41:01 2008] : Adrin: "I've never spoken to a plant before"
[Tue Jan 22 22:41:42 2008] : Adrin: "Lets try the other doors"
[Tue Jan 22 22:42:07 2008] : Dan: "Nor have I. Though I have heard of Myconid's they are secretive as we saw. None of my teachers had first hand experience with them"
[Tue Jan 22 22:42:32 2008] : Dan: ooc damned extra apostrophe
[Tue Jan 22 22:42:44 2008] : Oona: "Yes lucky indeed. Well, the luck resides in that it was harmless. Or peaceful, as you said"
[Tue Jan 22 22:43:22 2008] : Myconid: As you near the other door you feel the temperature decrease.
[Tue Jan 22 22:43:37 2008] : Oona: ooc can we call it a night soon? I'm a pregnant woman supposed to give birth in 5 days.
[Tue Jan 22 22:43:40 2008] : Oona: ooc :P
[Tue Jan 22 22:43:47 2008] : DM: ooc 10 mins.
[Tue Jan 22 22:43:48 2008] : Oona: "Those deads not dead again?"
[Tue Jan 22 22:44:07 2008] : DM: ooc 10 mins if someone hurries up and opens the door...
[Tue Jan 22 22:44:18 2008] : Adrin: Adrin opens the door
[Tue Jan 22 22:45:11 2008] : DM: The door opens onto a smaller chamber with what used to be comfortable furniture but is now just bits of wormeaten would and the merest shreds of tattered upholtery.
[Tue Jan 22 22:46:15 2008] : Oona: "interesting"
[Tue Jan 22 22:46:17 2008] : Dan: "The priest's office?"
[Tue Jan 22 22:46:17 2008] : DM: Lying crumbled in a heap is a humanoid skeleton in tarnished armour, a shiny unsheathed sword is clasped in it's bony grasp.
[Tue Jan 22 22:46:46 2008] : Oona: Oona gets in, and gets closer to the skeleton, prodding it with her bow
[Tue Jan 22 22:46:48 2008] : Dan: "Unusual for that sword to be untarnished after all this time"
[Tue Jan 22 22:47:09 2008] : DM: Another spirit or ghost fades into view, an armour man wielding a sword slashes frantically about him. Seemingly attacking the air that surrounds him.
[Tue Jan 22 22:47:14 2008] : Adrin: "Compared to the armour, its very strange"
[Tue Jan 22 22:48:19 2008] : Dan: "I think that we're witnessing this man's final moments"
[Tue Jan 22 22:48:34 2008] : DM: Unlike the other spirts you've seen this one reacts to your presense and halts completely still... It's mouth opens wide and and it howls, the sound chilling your blood.
[Tue Jan 22 22:48:41 2008] : DM: GAME END