Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Jan 8 19:29:28 2008] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Jan 8 19:29:42 2008] : DM: You see the wizard party up ahead, there are 6 wizards, and a group of adventures in assorted gear, much like yourselves riding at the front.
[Tue Jan 8 19:31:10 2008] : Adrin: "Finally we catch them"
[Tue Jan 8 19:31:36 2008] : Aliatra: "About time"
[Tue Jan 8 19:32:07 2008] : DM: The four adventurers are leading the party and two heavily laden wagons make up the rear.
[Tue Jan 8 19:33:05 2008] : Willard Cody: "You there!" says one of the wizards. "What's your business here."
[Tue Jan 8 19:33:25 2008] : Aliatra: "We're here to assist you"'
[Tue Jan 8 19:33:46 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra takes up the rear of the party, bow in hand
[Tue Jan 8 19:34:13 2008] : Oona: Oona says nothing, but watches the wizard convoy
[Tue Jan 8 19:34:33 2008] : Willard Cody: "You have a contract?"
[Tue Jan 8 19:34:52 2008] : Oona: ooc what 4 adventurers?
[Tue Jan 8 19:34:53 2008] : Adrin: oco we did get one didn't we?
[Tue Jan 8 19:34:55 2008] : Aliatra: "Yes, we have"
[Tue Jan 8 19:35:03 2008] : Aliatra: ooc The ones that aren't us
[Tue Jan 8 19:35:16 2008] : Aliatra: ooc They got hired before us
[Tue Jan 8 19:35:23 2008] : Adrin: ooc the original ones
[Tue Jan 8 19:35:23 2008] : Oona: ooc k
[Tue Jan 8 19:35:39 2008] : Aliatra: [1d100] => [94] = (94)
[Tue Jan 8 19:35:48 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Oops
[Tue Jan 8 19:36:53 2008] : Willard Cody: The adventuring party up ahead are kitted out with what seems to be a reasonable amount of magical gear and you would guess from their appearance that there's a rogue, a wizard, a fighter and a cleric.
[Tue Jan 8 19:37:15 2008] : Willard Cody: "Well, show it to me then"
[Tue Jan 8 19:37:22 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Just like a standard party ;-)
[Tue Jan 8 19:37:57 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Who's got the papers?
[Tue Jan 8 19:38:07 2008] : Adrin: ooc probably Dan :)
[Tue Jan 8 19:38:28 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra gets the papers from Dan and hands them to the wizard
[Tue Jan 8 19:39:21 2008] : Willard Cody: The wizard looks them over. "Hmph. We were expecting you and these seem in order."
[Tue Jan 8 19:40:02 2008] : Willard Cody: "Guard the rear and the wagons, there have been reports of beasts in this area."
[Tue Jan 8 19:40:22 2008] : Aliatra: "Of course, sir"
[Tue Jan 8 19:40:42 2008] : Oona: oona gets to the rear, her bow in hand
[Tue Jan 8 19:40:43 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra takes the papers back to Dan and takes up her position
[Tue Jan 8 19:41:09 2008] : Adrin: Adrin just gets into position silently
[Tue Jan 8 19:42:56 2008] : Willard Cody: The mules and the wagons they're pulling kick up a lot of dust from the road.
[Tue Jan 8 19:43:58 2008] : Adrin: "*Cough*"
[Tue Jan 8 19:44:13 2008] : Adrin: Adrin backs off a little
[Tue Jan 8 19:44:35 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra pulls a slip of her cloak over her mouth and nose to keep the dust out
[Tue Jan 8 19:44:50 2008] : DM: You all plod slowly onwards, as the day passes the road turns away from the river and starts to climb though some low hills.
[Tue Jan 8 19:45:31 2008] : DM: The hills can be seen to climb higher the further they get to the eastern mountain range.
[Tue Jan 8 19:46:58 2008] : DM: As the light fade the wizards signal a halt and swiftly conjure a secure dwelling for themselves. You and the other party have to make do with the hard ground (unless you have Leomund's secure shelter spells or similar).
[Tue Jan 8 19:47:03 2008] : Oona: "This is going to be... boring"
[Tue Jan 8 19:47:50 2008] : Aliatra: "No telling yet. Let's meet the others"
[Tue Jan 8 19:48:18 2008] : Adrin: "May as well I suppose"
[Tue Jan 8 19:48:36 2008] : Adrin: Adrin dismounts and tends to his horse first
[Tue Jan 8 19:48:58 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra does as well, before she goes over to the other adventurers
[Tue Jan 8 19:49:26 2008] : Oona: Oona tends to her horse and while doing so observes the other party. Especially the rogue.
[Tue Jan 8 19:49:33 2008] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [18,11] = (29)
[Tue Jan 8 19:49:51 2008] : Oona: ooc I'm looking to see what weapons s/he is carrying
[Tue Jan 8 19:50:13 2008] : Oona: ooc and possibly what weird items that I recognize or don't recognize.
[Tue Jan 8 19:51:03 2008] : Aliatra: Before introducing herself Aliatra looks at the other party, trying to determine who's in charge there
[Tue Jan 8 19:51:09 2008] : Adrin: Adrin saunters over with Ali
[Tue Jan 8 19:51:10 2008] : DM: The rogue is dressed in dark gray mottled leathers and carries no visible weapons.
[Tue Jan 8 19:51:47 2008] : DM: The cleric is in full plate and carries a mace strapped to his hip.
[Tue Jan 8 19:52:19 2008] : Oona: Oona follows, always keeping in the sahdow of the others.
[Tue Jan 8 19:52:50 2008] : DM: The wizard wears a robe trimmed in a vivid orange and carries an staff of gnarly wood.
[Tue Jan 8 19:54:35 2008] : DM: The fighter has a sword and wears full plate, she seems to be the leader and is directing the others to make camp.
[Tue Jan 8 19:55:03 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra saunters over the fighter
[Tue Jan 8 19:55:14 2008] : Faustina: The fighter frowns at you.
[Tue Jan 8 19:55:24 2008] : Aliatra: "Hello there, we'd like to introduce ourselves"
[Tue Jan 8 19:56:13 2008] : Faustina: (she mutters under her breath)
[Tue Jan 8 19:56:19 2008] : Faustina: Listen checks
[Tue Jan 8 19:56:51 2008] : Oona: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [19,9] = (28)
[Tue Jan 8 19:57:00 2008] : Aliatra: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [6,2] = (8)
[Tue Jan 8 19:57:32 2008] : Adrin: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [1,11] = (12)
[Tue Jan 8 19:58:06 2008] : Oona: "I guess we could say the same" Oona says grinning at the fighter
[Tue Jan 8 19:58:31 2008] : Oona: "I suppose the wizards just take all that's to take. Taking advantage even."
[Tue Jan 8 19:58:52 2008] : Oona: "BUt we can hope that there is enough for all of us to get a fair share?"
[Tue Jan 8 19:58:52 2008] : Faustina: "My name is Faustina and I lead this group and let me make clear that we aim to leave with the lion's share of the loot."
[Tue Jan 8 19:58:59 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks at Oona, eyebrow raised
[Tue Jan 8 19:59:24 2008] : Oona: "Oh, sorry. You want the lion's share? Then I guess that's different"
[Tue Jan 8 19:59:27 2008] : Aliatra: "I'm sure we can come to some kind of arrangement that's beneficial for all of us"
[Tue Jan 8 19:59:29 2008] : Adrin: "You do know that Lions just like meat dont you?"
[Tue Jan 8 19:59:50 2008] : Faustina: "I don't know how you pursaded these stingy wizards to give you a contract but I'm going to make sure you stay back in the camp."
[Tue Jan 8 20:00:10 2008] : Adrin: "Oh really? How?"
[Tue Jan 8 20:01:05 2008] : Faustina: "Someone has to guard the camp. Why not you?"
[Tue Jan 8 20:01:08 2008] : Aliatra: "So much for coming to an agreement"
[Tue Jan 8 20:01:13 2008] : Adrin: "Why not you?"
[Tue Jan 8 20:02:22 2008] : Faustina: "We weren't the ones tasting dust all day so I don't think it will be us."
[Tue Jan 8 20:02:55 2008] : Aliatra: "We'll see what happens when it happens"
[Tue Jan 8 20:03:05 2008] : Faustina: She shrugs.
[Tue Jan 8 20:03:06 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra grins widely
[Tue Jan 8 20:03:10 2008] : Adrin: "From what I saw of your fat asses I'd say you're pretty used to sitting around in camp"
[Tue Jan 8 20:03:43 2008] : Oona: Oona grins at Adrin's remark, hiding her face from sight
[Tue Jan 8 20:04:01 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra laughs out loud
[Tue Jan 8 20:04:28 2008] : Oona: "Guard the camp?" Come on, that "hut" or whatever it is, needs no "guarding"
[Tue Jan 8 20:04:35 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's get ourselves a meal"
[Tue Jan 8 20:04:43 2008] : Faustina: "We prefer to save our jokes after we've carried away all the gold."
[Tue Jan 8 20:04:50 2008] : Oona: "But anyway, no use to argue, yes, eating sounds good"
[Tue Jan 8 20:05:24 2008] : Adrin: "Then I pity your horses. They seem to be struggling already"
[Tue Jan 8 20:06:10 2008] : Faustina: Faustina turns away and continues with preparing their camp
[Tue Jan 8 20:06:17 2008] : Adrin: "Oh food. Good idea"
[Tue Jan 8 20:06:22 2008] : Aliatra: "Don't worry about them, Adrin, they might never know a heavier load than now"
[Tue Jan 8 20:06:50 2008] : Adrin: Adrin walks off, whistling a random 'tune'
[Tue Jan 8 20:07:31 2008] : DM: ooc brb
[Tue Jan 8 20:07:46 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks after a fire
[Tue Jan 8 20:09:04 2008] : Adrin: ooc brb too
[Tue Jan 8 20:10:12 2008] : DM: ooc back
[Tue Jan 8 20:12:54 2008] : Aliatra: "So, are we taking watches tonight?"
[Tue Jan 8 20:13:50 2008] : Oona: "i guess we should, if anything to prevent those (oona points at the other party) from killing us in our sleep to get their lion's share"
[Tue Jan 8 20:14:15 2008] : Oona: "I'll try and see if we can do that together, despite their hating us"
[Tue Jan 8 20:14:26 2008] : Oona: Oona goes to the other party
[Tue Jan 8 20:14:34 2008] : Oona: "I propose we take watch by group of two?"
[Tue Jan 8 20:14:48 2008] : Oona: "One from your party, one from ours?"
[Tue Jan 8 20:15:06 2008] : Adrin: ooc back
[Tue Jan 8 20:18:16 2008] : Oona: "Does that sound reasonable?"
[Tue Jan 8 20:18:31 2008] : Oona: ooc hello?
[Tue Jan 8 20:18:52 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I'm still here
[Tue Jan 8 20:19:03 2008] : Adrin: ooc as am I, for a change :)
[Tue Jan 8 20:19:09 2008] : DM: ooc sorry, was looking at monster manual
[Tue Jan 8 20:19:30 2008] : Adrin: ooc oh? what page (he asks all casual-like)
[Tue Jan 8 20:20:13 2008] : Oona: ooc roflmao
[Tue Jan 8 20:20:20 2008] : Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Tue Jan 8 20:20:38 2008] : Faustina: (looks thoughtful for a moment) "Very well. Remo (indicating the rogue) you take the watch with this one (pointing at Oona)."
[Tue Jan 8 20:21:57 2008] : Faustina: "Lucrezia (the wizard) you stand watch we their wizard, Silvano you'd better talk 2rd watch with that uncouth looking fellow (Adrin), and I shall take the last watch with you (Aliatra)."
[Tue Jan 8 20:22:42 2008] : Aliatra: "That sounds fine, Faustine, I'm looking forward to spending time with you"
[Tue Jan 8 20:22:55 2008] : Aliatra: Faustina
[Tue Jan 8 20:24:32 2008] : Oona: "OK for me"
[Tue Jan 8 20:24:51 2008] : Oona: "Remo is it?" Oona extends her hand to the rogue
[Tue Jan 8 20:25:23 2008] : Adrin: Seeing the conversation, Adrin wanders over
[Tue Jan 8 20:25:36 2008] : Faustina: Remo shakes it, if only to check out any rings that you're wearing.
[Tue Jan 8 20:25:59 2008] : Adrin: "Are we all friends now?"
[Tue Jan 8 20:26:17 2008] : Aliatra: "I've never wanted to be anything else"
[Tue Jan 8 20:26:37 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra smiles sweetly (but sincerely)
[Tue Jan 8 20:26:46 2008] : DM: Fauntina rolls her eyes.
[Tue Jan 8 20:27:16 2008] : Faustina: "Just keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut while we're on watch."
[Tue Jan 8 20:27:42 2008] : Aliatra: 'Yes, sir, whatever you say sir!"
[Tue Jan 8 20:28:07 2008] : Adrin: Adrin takes a turn at rolling eyes
[Tue Jan 8 20:29:08 2008] : Oona: ooc I wear gloves :P
[Tue Jan 8 20:29:45 2008] : Faustina: darn
[Tue Jan 8 20:30:36 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 8 20:32:04 2008] : DM: The sun sets
[Tue Jan 8 20:32:14 2008] : Aliatra: "Adrin, there's time enough to prove to them we're good friends to have"
[Tue Jan 8 20:32:37 2008] : Adrin: "Only if I want to prove that"
[Tue Jan 8 20:32:39 2008] : Aliatra: "Now, let's eat"
[Tue Jan 8 20:32:56 2008] : Oona: "Yes, eating. Why haven't we done that already?"
[Tue Jan 8 20:33:42 2008] : Adrin: "Because you got up to go talk"
[Tue Jan 8 20:33:43 2008] : Aliatra: "Because we were being neighbourly"
[Tue Jan 8 20:35:25 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks at the provisions
[Tue Jan 8 20:36:43 2008] : Oona: Oona eats
[Tue Jan 8 20:36:46 2008] : Oona: ooc and me too
[Tue Jan 8 20:37:01 2008] : DM: Anyway, the night passes uneventfully with only the sounds of distant beasts howling to disturb your watches.
[Tue Jan 8 20:37:59 2008] : Oona: ooc rat
[Tue Jan 8 20:38:10 2008] : DM: The dawn is misty and cool.
[Tue Jan 8 20:39:49 2008] : DM: The wizards exit their temporary magic house and mount up and soon the party is moving on with Faustina's group in the lead again.
[Tue Jan 8 20:40:14 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra takes the rear, bow in hand
[Tue Jan 8 20:40:34 2008] : Oona: follows...
[Tue Jan 8 20:40:40 2008] : DM: The road continues to climb, becoming rougher and more rutted.
[Tue Jan 8 20:40:41 2008] : Adrin: Adrin rides off to the side a little
[Tue Jan 8 20:41:24 2008] : Aliatra: "So, did any one of you have a talk with the other person on watch?"
[Tue Jan 8 20:42:14 2008] : Adrin: "Not really. Seemed a bit boring to me"
[Tue Jan 8 20:42:23 2008] : Oona: "Nope"
[Tue Jan 8 20:42:53 2008] : DM: In the early afternoon, the road reaches a large hole many tens of metres across cut into the ground, spoil tips and discarded tools litter the area. This is clearly a quarry for some material.
[Tue Jan 8 20:43:38 2008] : Willard Cody: The expedition head points to the eastern wall where the most recent quarrying activity has taken place.
[Tue Jan 8 20:43:53 2008] : Aliatra: ooc What are spoil tips?
[Tue Jan 8 20:43:57 2008] : Willard Cody: two narrow tunnels can be seen in the rock face.
[Tue Jan 8 20:44:07 2008] : Willard Cody: ooc piles of rock left over from mining
[Tue Jan 8 20:44:12 2008] : Aliatra: "Ah, tunnels"
[Tue Jan 8 20:44:22 2008] : Aliatra: ooc ty :-)
[Tue Jan 8 20:44:54 2008] : Adrin: "I wonder which tunnel we're going down"
[Tue Jan 8 20:45:02 2008] : Willard Cody: "That's what we're hear for, let get a camp set up today and start exploring tomorrow."
[Tue Jan 8 20:45:40 2008] : Willard Cody: "You lot (indicates you), take a sweep around this area and make sure it's clear of anything dangerous."
[Tue Jan 8 20:45:56 2008] : Aliatra: "We will"
[Tue Jan 8 20:46:18 2008] : Oona: "Sure thing"é
[Tue Jan 8 20:46:40 2008] : Adrin: Adrin chuckles quietly
[Tue Jan 8 20:46:48 2008] : Oona: Oona start taking in the lay of the land and tells her companions she's going to scout around
[Tue Jan 8 20:47:07 2008] : Oona: "I'd rather try an unconspicuois reconnoissance first"
[Tue Jan 8 20:47:14 2008] : Aliatra: "Want company?"
[Tue Jan 8 20:47:19 2008] : Adrin: "No horses then?"
[Tue Jan 8 20:47:26 2008] : Aliatra: "Sure, give a shout when you need us"
[Tue Jan 8 20:47:29 2008] : Oona: "No, rather on foot"
[Tue Jan 8 20:47:54 2008] : Adrin: "Ok. You lead, we'll follow"
[Tue Jan 8 20:48:02 2008] : Oona: "I suggest you follow me at a distance, I'm going to go this way"
[Tue Jan 8 20:48:33 2008] : Oona: Oona points to the right of the quarry and above the quarry
[Tue Jan 8 20:48:44 2008] : Adrin: "Fine"
[Tue Jan 8 20:48:56 2008] : Oona: ooc what's the vegetation and stuff like?
[Tue Jan 8 20:48:57 2008] : Aliatra: "Sure, Oona"
[Tue Jan 8 20:49:10 2008] : Oona: ooc the lay of the land
[Tue Jan 8 20:49:34 2008] : Willard Cody: The vegetation in the area is rough grassland dotted with thorny scrub and angular boulders and stones.
[Tue Jan 8 20:50:54 2008] : DM: Futher in the distance (some 10 miles or so) you see the land is carpetted with a dense coniferous forest that seems to stetch unbroken to the eastern mountains.
[Tue Jan 8 20:51:18 2008] : DM: Dominating the local area is a particularly craggy hilltop.
[Tue Jan 8 20:51:27 2008] : Oona: ooc ok, I'm doing the around the block reconnaissance
[Tue Jan 8 20:51:36 2008] : Oona: ooc sticking to the bushes when I can
[Tue Jan 8 20:51:44 2008] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [4,14] = (18)
[Tue Jan 8 20:52:03 2008] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [12,13] = (25)
[Tue Jan 8 20:52:14 2008] : Oona: going around the quarry by the right
[Tue Jan 8 20:52:14 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra follows on horseback, a long way behind
[Tue Jan 8 20:52:24 2008] : Oona: ooc I'm on foot.
[Tue Jan 8 20:52:36 2008] : Oona: ooc I am not sure if I visualize the quarry the right way though
[Tue Jan 8 20:52:40 2008] : Adrin: Adrin joins Ali
[Tue Jan 8 20:53:20 2008] : DM: ooc let me drawn a rough contour map.
[Tue Jan 8 20:55:14 2008] : DM: ooc any use?
[Tue Jan 8 20:55:43 2008] : Adrin: ooc grey is the tips?
[Tue Jan 8 20:55:55 2008] : DM: ooc and the crags on the hill.
[Tue Jan 8 20:56:08 2008] : Oona: ooc where are we?
[Tue Jan 8 20:56:42 2008] : Oona: ok
[Tue Jan 8 20:56:55 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 8 20:57:24 2008] : Oona: ooc I'm going up towards the north-east side
[Tue Jan 8 20:57:52 2008] : DM: ooc anticlockwise?
[Tue Jan 8 20:58:20 2008] : Oona: yep, the blue line.
[Tue Jan 8 20:58:23 2008] : Oona: ooc
[Tue Jan 8 20:58:47 2008] : DM: As you get closer to the hill...
[Tue Jan 8 20:58:49 2008] : DM: spot check
[Tue Jan 8 20:58:54 2008] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [5,11] = (16)
[Tue Jan 8 20:59:08 2008] : DM: Knowledge: nature check
[Tue Jan 8 20:59:13 2008] : Oona: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [15,6] = (21)
[Tue Jan 8 21:01:02 2008] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [6,14] = (20)
[Tue Jan 8 21:01:09 2008] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [10,13] = (23)
[Tue Jan 8 21:02:25 2008] : DM: Oona creeps off, slowly and carefully up the hill, hiding behind rocks and bushes and keeping low.
[Tue Jan 8 21:03:43 2008] : Adrin: "Can you see her, Ali?"
[Tue Jan 8 21:04:22 2008] : Aliatra: "I'm trying to keep my eye on her.but it's a good thing she told us where she's going"
[Tue Jan 8 21:05:12 2008] : Adrin: "Yeah, Does it look like she's found anything?"
[Tue Jan 8 21:05:49 2008] : Aliatra: "Not really, she's still on the move"
[Tue Jan 8 21:06:08 2008] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [17,11] = (28)
[Tue Jan 8 21:06:53 2008] : Oona: ooc how far behind me are you guys?
[Tue Jan 8 21:06:58 2008] : Oona: and can you see me?
[Tue Jan 8 21:07:08 2008] : Adrin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [16,7] = (23)
[Tue Jan 8 21:07:27 2008] : Aliatra: ooc We're keeping an eye on you from about 100 yards (meters) behind you
[Tue Jan 8 21:08:00 2008] : Oona: Oona suddenly springs out of the bushes and runs back to her companions
[Tue Jan 8 21:08:15 2008] : Adrin: "I think she found something"
[Tue Jan 8 21:08:16 2008] : Oona: "Here!" Oona points in the sky
[Tue Jan 8 21:08:22 2008] : Adrin: Adrin dismounts
[Tue Jan 8 21:08:24 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes forward to meet here
[Tue Jan 8 21:08:34 2008] : Aliatra: "What's wrong?"
[Tue Jan 8 21:08:34 2008] : Oona: "Whatever that thing is, it's huge, and we'd better be careful about it"
[Tue Jan 8 21:08:45 2008] : DM: A dot in the sky approaches, something is flying towards you.
[Tue Jan 8 21:08:47 2008] : Adrin: Adrin looks up
[Tue Jan 8 21:08:50 2008] : Oona: Oona points at a growing speck in the sky
[Tue Jan 8 21:08:52 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks up, bow at the ready
[Tue Jan 8 21:09:10 2008] : Oona: Oona gets her bow ready and hides behind a boulder or a bush
[Tue Jan 8 21:09:15 2008] : Oona: "I saw the nest, it's huge"
[Tue Jan 8 21:09:28 2008] : Oona: "Not feather, not hair, and yet it flies"
[Tue Jan 8 21:09:28 2008] : DM: It's a good few minutes away, doing anything to prepare?
[Tue Jan 8 21:09:41 2008] : Oona: ooc can you point where we are?
[Tue Jan 8 21:10:04 2008] : Adrin: "Should we spread out a little?"
[Tue Jan 8 21:10:31 2008] : Aliatra: "We might as well"
[Tue Jan 8 21:10:57 2008] : Oona: "Take cover, is my advice"
[Tue Jan 8 21:11:04 2008] : Oona: ooc can I take 20 to hide?
[Tue Jan 8 21:11:04 2008] : Adrin: "Any idea what it is?"
[Tue Jan 8 21:11:07 2008] : Oona: ooc or 10?
[Tue Jan 8 21:11:20 2008] : DM: ooc plenty of time so take 20
[Tue Jan 8 21:11:39 2008] : Oona: "No, but I am not sure I want to know. Let's shut up, and get ready for the worse"
[Tue Jan 8 21:12:09 2008] : Adrin: Adrin looks a for somewhere to hide
[Tue Jan 8 21:12:11 2008] : Oona: Oona takes her time to spread some dirt on herself and a few branches in her hair while she takes cover behind a boulder
[Tue Jan 8 21:12:24 2008] : Oona: ooc 34 hiding
[Tue Jan 8 21:12:58 2008] : DM: There's plenty of places to hide.
[Tue Jan 8 21:13:04 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra dismounts and hides between some rocks
[Tue Jan 8 21:13:23 2008] : Aliatra: ooc 18 hiding
[Tue Jan 8 21:14:06 2008] : DM: ooc did you all take horses except Oona?
[Tue Jan 8 21:14:15 2008] : Adrin: ooc yeah
[Tue Jan 8 21:14:27 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Yep
[Tue Jan 8 21:15:06 2008] : Adrin: Adrin readies his bow in his probably useless hiding place
[Tue Jan 8 21:18:33 2008] : DM: You all hide, leaving your horses standing in the open.
[Tue Jan 8 21:19:08 2008] : Adrin: ooc its been a while since we last let our horses all get killed :)
[Tue Jan 8 21:19:16 2008] : DM: After about 7 minutes the creatures comes into view, flying low and from the west it banks and looks to circle around the hill.
[Tue Jan 8 21:20:28 2008] : DM: It resembles an eyeless, yellow-green flying reptile with fleshy wings, a long tail and a large fin on its back. It has a single hornlike protrusion on its crocodilian head.
[Tue Jan 8 21:20:35 2008] : DM: Knowledge: arcane?
[Tue Jan 8 21:20:44 2008] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Jan 8 21:21:15 2008] : Oona: ooc untrained
[Tue Jan 8 21:21:33 2008] : DM: ooc all the more fun for me.
[Tue Jan 8 21:22:28 2008] : DM: As it banks and circles to drops lower until it's a mere 20 ft off the ground, the horses whinny nervously as it grows nearer.
[Tue Jan 8 21:22:53 2008] : DM: The Yrthak turns sharply towards the horses and your hiding place...
[Tue Jan 8 21:23:01 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra aims her arrow at the creature
[Tue Jan 8 21:23:06 2008] : Adrin: Adrin readies a shot
[Tue Jan 8 21:23:07 2008] : DM: Initiative
[Tue Jan 8 21:23:11 2008] : Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+3] => [17,3] = (20)
[Tue Jan 8 21:23:17 2008] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [5,7] = (12)
[Tue Jan 8 21:23:22 2008] : Oona: Initiative: [1d20+9] => [4,9] = (13)
[Tue Jan 8 21:23:49 2008] : DM: [1d20+6] => [19,6] = (25)
[Tue Jan 8 21:23:52 2008] : Oona: ooc whose hiding place? ;-)
[Tue Jan 8 21:24:41 2008] : Yrthak: It swoops towards one of the horses....
[Tue Jan 8 21:24:43 2008] : Yrthak: Sonic lance (base): [1d20+12] => [11,12] = (23) ===> Damage: [6d6+0] => [3,3,2,1,6,1,0] = (16)
[Tue Jan 8 21:24:56 2008] : Yrthak: [1d2] => [2] = (2)
[Tue Jan 8 21:25:37 2008] : Yrthak: Aliatra, your horse is pummled by something unseen, it's badly brusied and its ribs look cracked.
[Tue Jan 8 21:26:10 2008] : DM: Adrin, the creature is 20 ft up and about 30 ft away from where you are.
[Tue Jan 8 21:26:47 2008] : Adrin: Adrin takes a shot at the thing
[Tue Jan 8 21:26:52 2008] : Adrin: Longbow, composite STR +3 (base): [1d20+10] => [4,10] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [8,3] = (11)
[Tue Jan 8 21:26:52 2008] : Adrin: Longbow, composite STR +3 (second): [1d20+5] => [3,5] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [5,3] = (8)
[Tue Jan 8 21:27:20 2008] : DM: Your arrows miss.
[Tue Jan 8 21:27:27 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Jan 8 21:28:27 2008] : Oona: ooc composite is Strength added to damage, right?
[Tue Jan 8 21:28:45 2008] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Jan 8 21:28:54 2008] : Oona: ooc and +1 is to damage and attack? (sorry, checking if my bow is right)
[Tue Jan 8 21:29:12 2008] : DM: ooc if it's +1, yes
[Tue Jan 8 21:29:55 2008] : Oona: ooc how far from me is the thing?
[Tue Jan 8 21:30:18 2008] : DM: ooc 20 ft up and about 30-40 ft
[Tue Jan 8 21:30:27 2008] : Oona: ooc too far for PBS
[Tue Jan 8 21:30:31 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (base): [1d20+12] => [8,12] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [3,5] = (8)
[Tue Jan 8 21:30:48 2008] : DM: Your arrow cuts through its wing membrane
[Tue Jan 8 21:30:54 2008] : Oona: and retreat behind my boulder
[Tue Jan 8 21:30:57 2008] : Oona: ooc yay! sneak?
[Tue Jan 8 21:31:11 2008] : Oona: ducking, piercing, slashing...: Sneak attack: [4d6] => [2,3,5,3] = (13)
[Tue Jan 8 21:31:12 2008] : DM: ooc sneak must be within 30 ft.
[Tue Jan 8 21:31:21 2008] : Oona: ooc ah, ok :-)
[Tue Jan 8 21:31:32 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jan 8 21:31:40 2008] : Oona: ooc can we try and draw a map?
[Tue Jan 8 21:31:58 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra shoots at the creature
[Tue Jan 8 21:32:07 2008] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, MW (base): [1d20+13] => [10,13] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [6,3] = (9)
[Tue Jan 8 21:33:31 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jan 8 21:33:40 2008] : DM: Another hit
[Tue Jan 8 21:34:04 2008] : Oona: ooc thx
[Tue Jan 8 21:34:07 2008] : Yrthak: It dive at Adrin and snaps at him as it flys past
[Tue Jan 8 21:34:36 2008] : Yrthak: Bite (base): [1d20+15] => [8,15] = (23) ===> Damage: [2d8+5] => [4,8,5] = (17)
[Tue Jan 8 21:35:00 2008] : Yrthak: 16 damage as the beasts teeth rip into your flesh.
[Tue Jan 8 21:35:09 2008] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jan 8 21:35:39 2008] : Adrin: Adrin turns and fires at the beast
[Tue Jan 8 21:35:41 2008] : Adrin: Longbow, composite STR +3 (base): [1d20+10] => [9,10] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [5,3] = (8)
[Tue Jan 8 21:35:41 2008] : Adrin: Longbow, composite STR +3 (second): [1d20+5] => [16,5] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [3,3] = (6)
[Tue Jan 8 21:36:09 2008] : Adrin: done
[Tue Jan 8 21:36:28 2008] : DM: Two arrow stick into it's underbelly.
[Tue Jan 8 21:36:47 2008] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Jan 8 21:37:26 2008] : Oona: Aiming at it again
[Tue Jan 8 21:37:33 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (base): [1d20+12] => [4,12] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [5,5] = (10)
[Tue Jan 8 21:37:52 2008] : DM: ooc you could ready and action to shoot at it as it flies passed again.
[Tue Jan 8 21:38:03 2008] : Oona: ooc oh, ok, then I do that.
[Tue Jan 8 21:38:05 2008] : DM: ooc so you'd sneak attack it.
[Tue Jan 8 21:38:06 2008] : Oona: ooc :-)
[Tue Jan 8 21:38:19 2008] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jan 8 21:38:20 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 8 21:38:28 2008] : Oona: Oona crouches behind the boulder, ready to shoot as the beast fleies past again
[Tue Jan 8 21:38:28 2008] : Aliatra: Shooting at it again
[Tue Jan 8 21:38:29 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jan 8 21:38:33 2008] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, MW (base): [1d20+13] => [9,13] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [7,3] = (10)
[Tue Jan 8 21:38:42 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jan 8 21:38:59 2008] : DM: A hit
[Tue Jan 8 21:39:51 2008] : Yrthak: The Yrthak banks and turns and dives towards Aliatra, it emits another piercing hooting sound.
[Tue Jan 8 21:39:54 2008] : Yrthak: Sonic lance (base): [1d20+12] => [7,12] = (19) ===> Damage: [6d6+0] => [4,6,2,2,6,3,0] = (23)
[Tue Jan 8 21:40:28 2008] : Yrthak: The force of the loud, piercing noise pummles you about Aliatra (take 23 damage)
[Tue Jan 8 21:40:46 2008] : Yrthak: Oona, your attack
[Tue Jan 8 21:40:59 2008] : Oona: ooc I realized I had one +1 too many
[Tue Jan 8 21:41:10 2008] : Oona: ooc corrected
[Tue Jan 8 21:41:10 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Ouch
[Tue Jan 8 21:41:25 2008] : Oona: ooc does not change anything for my previous attack
[Tue Jan 8 21:41:45 2008] : Oona: As the monter flies by, Oona springs from behind her boulder and aims at it
[Tue Jan 8 21:41:59 2008] : Aliatra: ooc What's the attack roll for if I take damage anyway?
[Tue Jan 8 21:42:10 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (base): [1d20+12] => [7,12] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [2,5] = (7)
[Tue Jan 8 21:42:11 2008] : Yrthak: ooc ranged touch attack
[Tue Jan 8 21:42:15 2008] : Yrthak: A hit
[Tue Jan 8 21:42:22 2008] : Oona: ducking, piercing, slashing...: Sneak attack: [4d6] => [2,1,6,3] = (12)
[Tue Jan 8 21:42:43 2008] : Aliatra: ooc OK
[Tue Jan 8 21:42:46 2008] : Oona: Oona plunges behind the boulder again, trying to hide from the beast
[Tue Jan 8 21:42:47 2008] : Yrthak: Oona's arrow hits a particularly sensitive spot.
[Tue Jan 8 21:42:48 2008] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jan 8 21:43:01 2008] : Yrthak: Move silently, Oona.
[Tue Jan 8 21:43:04 2008] : Adrin: ooc am I not before Oona?
[Tue Jan 8 21:43:16 2008] : Oona: ooc readied action.
[Tue Jan 8 21:43:23 2008] : Adrin: ooc ah
[Tue Jan 8 21:43:25 2008] : Yrthak: Adrin, your turn.
[Tue Jan 8 21:43:25 2008] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [17,13] = (30)
[Tue Jan 8 21:43:38 2008] : Yrthak: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [5,12] = (17)
[Tue Jan 8 21:43:42 2008] : Adrin: Longbow, composite STR +3 (base): [1d20+10] => [11,10] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [4,3] = (7)
[Tue Jan 8 21:43:42 2008] : Adrin: Longbow, composite STR +3 (second): [1d20+5] => [5,5] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [7,3] = (10)
[Tue Jan 8 21:43:59 2008] : Yrthak: One of your arrows is buffeted away by the flapping wings.
[Tue Jan 8 21:44:06 2008] : Yrthak: Oona?
[Tue Jan 8 21:44:15 2008] : Adrin: Adrin activates his cloak
[Tue Jan 8 21:45:01 2008] : Oona: Oona peeks very quietly to see where the beast is arriving from and readies her bow
[Tue Jan 8 21:45:05 2008] : Oona: ooc delaying again.
[Tue Jan 8 21:45:12 2008] : Yrthak: Aliatra?
[Tue Jan 8 21:45:17 2008] : Oona: ooc to take advantage of the PBS if not the sneak.
[Tue Jan 8 21:46:12 2008] : Aliatra: Shooting at it again
[Tue Jan 8 21:46:15 2008] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, MW (base): [1d20+13] => [20,13] = (33) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [7,3] = (10)
[Tue Jan 8 21:46:15 2008] : Aliatra: Critical hit? [1d20+13] => [17,13] = (30) ===> Damage: [3d8+9] => [5,5,5,9] = (24)
[Tue Jan 8 21:46:23 2008] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jan 8 21:46:32 2008] : Oona: ooc wow.
[Tue Jan 8 21:46:37 2008] : Adrin: ooc nice :)
[Tue Jan 8 21:46:54 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Aliatra polishes her nails on her cloak as she tries to look modest
[Tue Jan 8 21:46:59 2008] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Jan 8 21:47:34 2008] : DM: Your arrow strike deep under the creatures left wing, piercing a major artery and showering the ground in a large spray of blood.
[Tue Jan 8 21:48:12 2008] : Yrthak: It dive bombs Aliatra...
[Tue Jan 8 21:48:29 2008] : Yrthak: Oona, your readied attack?
[Tue Jan 8 21:48:39 2008] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 + PBS (base): [1d20+12] => [16,12] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [6,5] = (11)
[Tue Jan 8 21:48:53 2008] : Oona: as it flies by, Oona springs again and shoots
[Tue Jan 8 21:49:00 2008] : Oona: ducking, piercing, slashing...: Sneak attack: [4d6] => [2,5,5,4] = (16)
[Tue Jan 8 21:49:16 2008] : Yrthak: It's no longer flying, only falling straight towards you...
[Tue Jan 8 21:49:21 2008] : Yrthak: Aliatra, a reflex save.
[Tue Jan 8 21:49:25 2008] : Oona: ooc ah.
[Tue Jan 8 21:49:31 2008] : Aliatra: Reflex save: [1d20+6] => [19,6] = (25)
[Tue Jan 8 21:49:37 2008] : Oona: ooc "as it nears me"
[Tue Jan 8 21:50:07 2008] : Yrthak: [4d6] => [1,5,3,3] = (12)
[Tue Jan 8 21:50:25 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra tries to throw herself out of the path of the diving creature
[Tue Jan 8 21:50:57 2008] : Yrthak: Take 6 damage as the creatures tail slams into you as it smashes into the ground close by, tumbling and rolling until it skids to a broken halt against a boulder.
[Tue Jan 8 21:51:20 2008] : DM: Oona, reflex save as well.
[Tue Jan 8 21:51:33 2008] : Oona: Reflex save: [1d20+11] => [19,11] = (30)
[Tue Jan 8 21:51:54 2008] : DM: Oona, deftly leaps out of the way of the falling corpse in the nick of time.
[Tue Jan 8 21:52:04 2008] : DM: Oona deftly leaps out of the way of the falling corpse in the nick of time.
[Tue Jan 8 21:52:24 2008] : Adrin: "Now that was a bit different. I never even heard of anything like this"
[Tue Jan 8 21:52:34 2008] : Adrin: Adrin goes over to have a closer look
[Tue Jan 8 21:52:41 2008] : Oona: Oona approaches, bow readied, to finish the beast if needed
[Tue Jan 8 21:53:00 2008] : DM: It's quite dead.
[Tue Jan 8 21:53:05 2008] : Adrin: "Nice shooting there Ali"
[Tue Jan 8 21:53:29 2008] : Aliatra: "That thing is bloody lethal. Did you say it had a nest, Oona?"
[Tue Jan 8 21:53:43 2008] : Aliatra: "Thanks, Adrin, I do what I can"
[Tue Jan 8 21:53:55 2008] : Oona: "Yes, I said so"
[Tue Jan 8 21:54:00 2008] : DM: 1400 XP for level 7 people
[Tue Jan 8 21:54:02 2008] : Oona: "I am not even sure it's alone"
[Tue Jan 8 21:54:10 2008] : Adrin: "Maybe you should break out that wand"
[Tue Jan 8 21:54:14 2008] : DM: 1200 XP for level 8 people.
[Tue Jan 8 21:54:31 2008] : Adrin: ooc Ding :)
[Tue Jan 8 21:54:35 2008] : Oona: ooc another beast and I'm good :-)
[Tue Jan 8 21:55:39 2008] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 8 21:55:57 2008] : Aliatra: "What wand would that be?"
[Tue Jan 8 21:56:00 2008] : Adrin: "Maybe we should have a look a that nest. Kill any offspring"
[Tue Jan 8 21:56:00 2008] : DM: The nest was probably only big enough for one.
[Tue Jan 8 21:56:26 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra gets her CLW wand out and uses it on Adrin
[Tue Jan 8 21:56:28 2008] : Adrin: "That healing one. I took a bit of a hit and you look a little beaten up"
[Tue Jan 8 21:57:00 2008] : Aliatra: ooc How many down?
[Tue Jan 8 21:57:06 2008] : Adrin: ooc 16
[Tue Jan 8 21:57:28 2008] : Oona: "I did not see any offspring or eggs, but then, I did not stay to look"
[Tue Jan 8 21:57:32 2008] : Aliatra: "Oona, could you see if we have a trophee to take back to show the others?"
[Tue Jan 8 21:57:44 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra starts healing Adrin
[Tue Jan 8 21:57:48 2008] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Tue Jan 8 21:57:49 2008] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [5,1] = (6)
[Tue Jan 8 21:57:51 2008] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [5,1] = (6)
[Tue Jan 8 21:57:57 2008] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [6,1] = (7)
[Tue Jan 8 21:57:58 2008] : Adrin: "Oh good idea. I'd love to rub something in their noses"
[Tue Jan 8 21:58:08 2008] : Adrin: ooc stop at 3
[Tue Jan 8 21:58:32 2008] : Aliatra: ooc I'll take the 4th one myself then
[Tue Jan 8 21:58:55 2008] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [4,1] = (5)
[Tue Jan 8 21:58:58 2008] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [6,1] = (7)
[Tue Jan 8 21:59:01 2008] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [6,1] = (7)
[Tue Jan 8 21:59:31 2008] : Adrin: "How about that horn. Can we rip it off?"
[Tue Jan 8 21:59:55 2008] : Aliatra: "Let me try"
[Tue Jan 8 22:00:03 2008] : Oona: "Don't know"
[Tue Jan 8 22:00:15 2008] : Oona: Oona goes back to the nest and searches it
[Tue Jan 8 22:00:18 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra tries to wrench the horn free
[Tue Jan 8 22:00:20 2008] : Aliatra: Str check: [1d20+5] => [7,5] = (12)
[Tue Jan 8 22:00:21 2008] : Oona: Search Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [15,13] = (28)
[Tue Jan 8 22:00:30 2008] : Aliatra: ooc Take 20?
[Tue Jan 8 22:00:34 2008] : DM: It could be cut free.
[Tue Jan 8 22:00:56 2008] : Aliatra: "Hmm, better try my dagger"
[Tue Jan 8 22:01:37 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra starts cutting the horn free
[Tue Jan 8 22:01:57 2008] : DM: Its probably about 3-4 ft long.
[Tue Jan 8 22:03:26 2008] : Oona: ooc how much does a potion of csw cure?
[Tue Jan 8 22:03:39 2008] : DM: ooc 3d8+5
[Tue Jan 8 22:05:14 2008] : DM: What next?
[Tue Jan 8 22:05:26 2008] : Oona: ooc nothing in the nest?
[Tue Jan 8 22:05:50 2008] : Adrin: "Maybe we should have a look at your horse Ali"
[Tue Jan 8 22:06:27 2008] : DM: The nest is empty, no eggs, no young and no treasure.
[Tue Jan 8 22:06:37 2008] : Oona: ooc sad.
[Tue Jan 8 22:06:40 2008] : Oona: ooc :P
[Tue Jan 8 22:06:44 2008] : Adrin: ooc boo! shame!
[Tue Jan 8 22:06:53 2008] : Adrin: ooc Down with this sort of thing
[Tue Jan 8 22:07:03 2008] : Oona: "I guess we've gotten rid of the immediate threat"
[Tue Jan 8 22:07:11 2008] : Oona: "We can finish our tour and go back to camp"
[Tue Jan 8 22:07:15 2008] : DM: ooc it's what the book says: "Tresure: none"
[Tue Jan 8 22:07:24 2008] : Oona: ooc damn the book :-)
[Tue Jan 8 22:07:59 2008] : Aliatra: "You're right, Adrin, the poor animal is in a lot of pain"
[Tue Jan 8 22:08:13 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra takes care of her horse before mounting
[Tue Jan 8 22:08:16 2008] : DM: There's nothing else that seems a threat in the vincinity. You presume the Yrthak scared away most of the other creatures.
[Tue Jan 8 22:08:19 2008] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Tue Jan 8 22:08:20 2008] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Tue Jan 8 22:08:21 2008] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [5,1] = (6)
[Tue Jan 8 22:08:25 2008] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [3,1] = (4)
[Tue Jan 8 22:10:03 2008] : Aliatra: "Let's get back to camp and see it they've made us dinner"
[Tue Jan 8 22:10:15 2008] : DM: When you return to the camp in the quarry, the wizards have set up their accomodation (magical of course) and are seated under an awning at a table and studing various parchments and small artifacts.
[Tue Jan 8 22:10:42 2008] : Oona: "Dinner indeed"
[Tue Jan 8 22:10:46 2008] : DM: Faustina's crew are dragging a handful of zombies into a pile and heaping some branches and wood on top.
[Tue Jan 8 22:10:57 2008] : DM: ooc roast zombie? You!
[Tue Jan 8 22:11:04 2008] : Oona: "Nice little things"
[Tue Jan 8 22:12:10 2008] : Faustina: "While you lot were strolling through the countryside, we were showing those wizard how real adventures work." she gestures to the half-a-dozen or so zombie corpses.
[Tue Jan 8 22:12:40 2008] : Adrin: Adrin heaves the horn down from his horse
[Tue Jan 8 22:13:10 2008] : Adrin: "We found this little thing. Its owner wasn't too keen to part with it, but we talked it round"
[Tue Jan 8 22:13:18 2008] : Aliatra: "It is good to know you weren't bored"
[Tue Jan 8 22:13:39 2008] : Faustina: They're momentarily taken aback.
[Tue Jan 8 22:13:50 2008] : Oona: "Strolling indeed"
[Tue Jan 8 22:13:59 2008] : Faustina: "Bah. Doesn't look so tough to me."
[Tue Jan 8 22:14:13 2008] : Oona: "No, you're right, it wasn't."
[Tue Jan 8 22:14:14 2008] : Aliatra: "Perhaps you would know what kind of threat the owner of this was"
[Tue Jan 8 22:14:16 2008] : Remo: "Er... what is it?"
[Tue Jan 8 22:14:31 2008] : WIllard Cody: Willard strolls over
[Tue Jan 8 22:14:39 2008] : Adrin: "Some big flying thing"
[Tue Jan 8 22:14:52 2008] : Aliatra: "It flies and it shrieks, the shrieks hurt you"
[Tue Jan 8 22:14:58 2008] : WIllard Cody: "Ah, the horn of a Yrthak. Interesting beasts. Completely blind would you believe?"
[Tue Jan 8 22:15:21 2008] : Adrin: "Really? It seemed to know exactly where we were"
[Tue Jan 8 22:15:51 2008] : WIllard Cody: "Oh, very good hearing or something. Like bats apparently."
[Tue Jan 8 22:15:54 2008] : Oona: "Now I understand why I could get it so easily"
[Tue Jan 8 22:16:10 2008] : Oona: "Good thing I can be invisble AND silent"
[Tue Jan 8 22:17:01 2008] : WIllard Cody: "Anyway, we had not expected to be attack on the surface by undead."
[Tue Jan 8 22:17:45 2008] : Oona: "oh they were here?"
[Tue Jan 8 22:17:49 2008] : Aliatra: "Nor did we know anything about these creatures, so surprises all round it seems"
[Tue Jan 8 22:17:50 2008] : Oona: "Not in the tunnels?"
[Tue Jan 8 22:18:00 2008] : WIllard Cody: "You (indicating both you and Faustina and co.) will need to enter the tunnels and start clearing them out of undead."
[Tue Jan 8 22:18:36 2008] : Aliatra: "That's what we're here for, to provide a safe working environment for you"
[Tue Jan 8 22:18:46 2008] : Adrin: "Sigh"
[Tue Jan 8 22:18:54 2008] : WIllard Cody: "We wizards well stay topside and survey the surroundings."
[Tue Jan 8 22:19:22 2008] : WIllard Cody: "Now get those corpses burnt. Can't have the smell attracting anymore amulatory ones."
[Tue Jan 8 22:19:56 2008] : Adrin: ooc brb, stuff blowing around outside
[Tue Jan 8 22:21:40 2008] : Oona: "So I guess we've sanitized the surroundings. To an extent"
[Tue Jan 8 22:21:50 2008] : Oona: "What do you want us to do next?"
[Tue Jan 8 22:22:17 2008] : WIllard Cody: "Take the right hand tunnel tomorrow and kill any undead you encounter."
[Tue Jan 8 22:22:41 2008] : Oona: "Sounds good. Do you by any chance have any kind of holy water with you?"
[Tue Jan 8 22:23:50 2008] : Adrin: ooc back. Blowing a gale tonight
[Tue Jan 8 22:23:52 2008] : WIllard Cody: "Holy water? Pah. A hot magical burst of flame is more effective than that weak excuse for magic."
[Tue Jan 8 22:24:35 2008] : Oona: "or that"
[Tue Jan 8 22:24:50 2008] : Oona: "I'm not very keen or familiar with undeads to tell you the truth"
[Tue Jan 8 22:24:59 2008] : Oona: "a little fireball in a package maybe?"
[Tue Jan 8 22:25:18 2008] : Aliatra: "I will pray for the ability to use holy light on them, I can also perceive them in time and make them unawares of us approaching"
[Tue Jan 8 22:25:48 2008] : Adrin: "And I'll just hit them really hard"
[Tue Jan 8 22:26:01 2008] : WIllard Cody: "Whatever you think best." (Willard walks back to the other wizards)
[Tue Jan 8 22:26:01 2008] : Aliatra: "As will I"
[Tue Jan 8 22:27:54 2008] : DM: Lucrezia the wizard ignites the pile of corpses.
[Tue Jan 8 22:27:58 2008] : Oona: "Oh well. I only have my swords"
[Tue Jan 8 22:28:07 2008] : Oona: "I suppose acid or cold work as well?"
[Tue Jan 8 22:28:34 2008] : DM: ooc colds not so good against some undead I think.
[Tue Jan 8 22:28:42 2008] : Aliatra: "A lot of things work, but I'm not sure if you can sneak up on them"
[Tue Jan 8 22:28:50 2008] : Aliatra: ooc And no crits, I gather
[Tue Jan 8 22:29:08 2008] : Oona: "Well, they're already dead, so there's no real soft spot"
[Tue Jan 8 22:29:14 2008] : Oona: "or major artery"
[Tue Jan 8 22:29:32 2008] : Oona: "so no, you're right, sneaking up on them and striking true does not help much"
[Tue Jan 8 22:29:34 2008] : Aliatra: "There is that"
[Tue Jan 8 22:30:10 2008] : Adrin: "So, just hit them hard"
[Tue Jan 8 22:30:56 2008] : Oona: "I guess"
[Tue Jan 8 22:30:57 2008] : Aliatra: "And use as much light on them as we can"
[Tue Jan 8 22:30:57 2008] : Oona: ooc brb
[Tue Jan 8 22:32:33 2008] : Aliatra: Aliatra helps with the bonfire before having dinner
[Tue Jan 8 22:33:11 2008] : Oona: ooc back
[Tue Jan 8 22:33:30 2008] : Oona: "Dinner again, sounds good, this little battle has left me hungry"
[Tue Jan 8 22:35:02 2008] : DM: GAME END