Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Dec 18 19:29:53 2007] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Dec 18 19:30:09 2007] : DM: You're looking for pie.
[Tue Dec 18 19:30:32 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Adrin is :-D
[Tue Dec 18 19:30:46 2007] : Aliatra: "Where is the market around here?"
[Tue Dec 18 19:31:14 2007] : Dan: "Didn't we pass one on the way to the academy?"
[Tue Dec 18 19:31:36 2007] : Adrin: "I was going to say follow your nose, but I think the smell of us is hard to get past"
[Tue Dec 18 19:31:54 2007] : Aliatra: "Yeah, pie might taste better after a bath"
[Tue Dec 18 19:33:04 2007] : Dan: "So back to the inn for a good soak then?"
[Tue Dec 18 19:33:32 2007] : Oona: ooc I didn't have time to catch up, what with the move and all. What happened last week?
[Tue Dec 18 19:33:52 2007] : Adrin: "Much as I'd love a pie, I think a bath is in order"
[Tue Dec 18 19:34:09 2007] : Oona: ooc I seem to have gone off...
[Tue Dec 18 19:34:48 2007] : DM: ooc you should be refridgerated
[Tue Dec 18 19:35:00 2007] : Aliatra: ooc We found the responsible wizard in the sewers, he had killed himself, we brought his papers and one life creature to the academy, minus the real dangerous material, the other animals will be fleeing town tonight
[Tue Dec 18 19:35:32 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Some time was spend on a riddle to help up open the door the wizard was behind
[Tue Dec 18 19:35:59 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Have you moved, Delphine?
[Tue Dec 18 19:36:22 2007] : Oona: ooc thx
[Tue Dec 18 19:36:54 2007] : DM: ooc you can choose a magic item worth 1500 gp.
[Tue Dec 18 19:37:07 2007] : Aliatra: ooc OK
[Tue Dec 18 19:38:09 2007] : Dan: ooc :)
[Tue Dec 18 19:39:17 2007] : Adrin: ooc did we ever sort out lodgings when we arrived in town?
[Tue Dec 18 19:39:40 2007] : DM: What are you going to do next? There are two things happening: A merchant is shipping you ingots to be sold in the lands to the south and there's an archeological expedition to some ruins in the mountains to the east.
[Tue Dec 18 19:39:43 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I think we did
[Tue Dec 18 19:40:24 2007] : Dan: ooc I doubt that the merchant has got anywhere with that yet
[Tue Dec 18 19:40:26 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Leave the ingots in the capable hands of the merchant and go to them thar hills
[Tue Dec 18 19:40:59 2007] : Adrin: ooc I guess theres nothing we do about the ingots, so I think get ready and head for the expedition
[Tue Dec 18 19:41:25 2007] : DM: ooc you could choose to do something else. Travel south, see if anyone else is looking for a hire. Take a break and scribe scrolls or craft items etc.
[Tue Dec 18 19:43:14 2007] : Adrin: ooc I'm happy with the expedition. When do you forsee it leaving?
[Tue Dec 18 19:43:30 2007] : Oona: ooc yeah, archeological sounds good.
[Tue Dec 18 19:43:43 2007] : DM: It's already left.
[Tue Dec 18 19:43:46 2007] : Dan: ooc I have no money to scribe and no feats to create yet
[Tue Dec 18 19:44:55 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Aliatra and Adrin just want to fight :-)
[Tue Dec 18 19:45:30 2007] : Dan: "Let's wash, rest for the night and catch up with the expedition"
[Tue Dec 18 19:45:46 2007] : Adrin: "Good idea"
[Tue Dec 18 19:46:33 2007] : Aliatra: "The four of us on horseback should overtake that train in no time"
[Tue Dec 18 19:47:11 2007] : Oona: "Sounds good"
[Tue Dec 18 19:47:27 2007] : Adrin: "They'll be really slow"
[Tue Dec 18 19:47:37 2007] : Oona: ooc sorry, but we left in pretty not-happy-with-OOna shape last time I played. Where do we stand on that?
[Tue Dec 18 19:47:39 2007] : Aliatra: "Much slower than we"
[Tue Dec 18 19:47:42 2007] : Oona: ooc :-)
[Tue Dec 18 19:48:30 2007] : Aliatra: ooc We forgot all about her last time :-P
[Tue Dec 18 19:48:31 2007] : Dan: ooc no idea
[Tue Dec 18 19:48:50 2007] : Oona: ooc lol. Sounds good, the forgetting.
[Tue Dec 18 19:48:57 2007] : Dan: ooc you ran off and we never saw you again ;)
[Tue Dec 18 19:50:53 2007] : DM: ooc okay, everyone is in the common room of a reasonable inn. Oona enters and sees the rest of you having a drink and eating some pie.
[Tue Dec 18 19:51:08 2007] : DM: ooc and... Action!
[Tue Dec 18 19:51:14 2007] : Adrin: ooc :)
[Tue Dec 18 19:51:30 2007] : Adrin: "Well look what the cat dragged in"
[Tue Dec 18 19:51:42 2007] : Dan: "Ah, it's you"
[Tue Dec 18 19:51:47 2007] : Aliatra: "Have a seat, Oona, I think we need to talk"
[Tue Dec 18 19:52:46 2007] : Oona: 3So, have you made up your mind?"
[Tue Dec 18 19:53:07 2007] : Oona: "Should I go or should I stay?"
[Tue Dec 18 19:53:47 2007] : Dan: ooc we know a song about that don't we children?
[Tue Dec 18 19:53:48 2007] : Adrin: "We've been a little busy to talk about you"
[Tue Dec 18 19:54:02 2007] : Aliatra: "I think you should tell us what it was all about. why did you put that ring in your pocket?"
[Tue Dec 18 19:54:02 2007] : Adrin: ooc cue air guitar
[Tue Dec 18 19:54:32 2007] : Oona: ooc I don't really like the fact that I just "went away". I mean, I couldn't play... but I wasn't "running away". I was "running ahead" :(
[Tue Dec 18 19:54:52 2007] : Oona: "Because I need both my hands to continue looking?"
[Tue Dec 18 19:55:10 2007] : Adrin: "I look with my eyes, not with my hands"
[Tue Dec 18 19:55:24 2007] : Oona: "I mean seriously, what am I supposed to say? You are convinced that I was trying to steal from you. You never gave me one second the benefit of the doubt."
[Tue Dec 18 19:55:40 2007] : Oona: "Sorry, wrong choice of word. I need my hands to continue "searching"
[Tue Dec 18 19:56:19 2007] : Oona: "So I put the ring in my pocket".
[Tue Dec 18 19:56:23 2007] : Oona: "End of the story".
[Tue Dec 18 19:56:50 2007] : Adrin: "and what were you going to do with the ring?"
[Tue Dec 18 19:56:50 2007] : DM: That seems plausible enough to you.
[Tue Dec 18 19:57:21 2007] : Oona: "I was then going to give it back as a party loot, as I eventually did".
[Tue Dec 18 19:57:36 2007] : Adrin: "oh, nevermind, just get a few drinks in"
[Tue Dec 18 19:57:37 2007] : Dan: "But that wasn't your story before, it's changed somewhat"
[Tue Dec 18 19:57:49 2007] : Dan: "You said it was part of your nature"
[Tue Dec 18 19:58:11 2007] : Dan: "That doesn't imply a hasy and misconstrued gesture"
[Tue Dec 18 19:58:14 2007] : Oona: "I said, indeed that it was part of my nature to be sneaky"
[Tue Dec 18 19:58:17 2007] : Dan: ooc hasty
[Tue Dec 18 19:58:20 2007] : Oona: "and I stick to that part of the story"
[Tue Dec 18 19:58:22 2007] : Aliatra: ooc And I believe there was some misunderstanding due to language issues (the word sneaky)
[Tue Dec 18 19:58:36 2007] : Oona: "I do things that might be misunderstood, because that's what I do"*
[Tue Dec 18 19:58:50 2007] : Oona: "So you jump to conclusions"
[Tue Dec 18 19:58:59 2007] : Oona: "And say I am trying to steal from you"
[Tue Dec 18 19:59:16 2007] : Oona: "I was not. But when I search, I am sneaky, yes. Again, it's part of my nature and my training"
[Tue Dec 18 19:59:17 2007] : Aliatra: "Working with stealth doesn't always imply dishonesty, Dan"
[Tue Dec 18 19:59:24 2007] : Dan: "I confronted you and you admitted it."
[Tue Dec 18 19:59:31 2007] : Oona: "The same way you can't see a piece of parchment without studying it"
[Tue Dec 18 20:00:00 2007] : Aliatra: "And the way Adrin can't see an enemy without charging"
[Tue Dec 18 20:00:14 2007] : Adrin: "I resent that!"
[Tue Dec 18 20:00:14 2007] : Oona: Oona nods
[Tue Dec 18 20:00:29 2007] : Dan: "But I don't do things trying not to let others see"
[Tue Dec 18 20:01:00 2007] : Dan: "I declare that I'm keeping something for later study, and ask if people mind me taking items"
[Tue Dec 18 20:01:05 2007] : Oona: "Dan, seriously, how do you think I learned to walk silently, and hide the way I do?"
[Tue Dec 18 20:01:10 2007] : Oona: "By studying in books?"
[Tue Dec 18 20:01:12 2007] : Oona: "Not"
[Tue Dec 18 20:01:20 2007] : Dan: "Of course not"
[Tue Dec 18 20:01:25 2007] : Oona: "I practice. And yes, I was part of a rogue guild"
[Tue Dec 18 20:01:41 2007] : Oona: "And yes, either you live with it, or you don't. ut if you don't you tell me now"
[Tue Dec 18 20:01:45 2007] : Dan: "But just because I have learned some terrible things does not mean that I use them"
[Tue Dec 18 20:01:49 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's not discuss why we do what we do. Do you think she tried to steal from all os us? I say no"
[Tue Dec 18 20:01:50 2007] : Oona: "And I'll leave."
[Tue Dec 18 20:01:59 2007] : Dan: "Or that it's my nature to use terrible spells"
[Tue Dec 18 20:02:27 2007] : Oona: "Because of course, killing things around is ok, but putting things in your pocket isn't?"
[Tue Dec 18 20:02:36 2007] : Dan: "I have no proof, othere than her own words"
[Tue Dec 18 20:02:43 2007] : Oona: "Look. We all have different skills. We all use them differently."
[Tue Dec 18 20:02:58 2007] : Aliatra: "And we all need to use them or lose them"
[Tue Dec 18 20:02:59 2007] : Oona: "I am sorry of you had the impression that I was trying to cheat you. I wasn't"
[Tue Dec 18 20:03:19 2007] : Oona: "I am not going to argue the case longer. Either you take me and my sneaky ways, or you do without me altogether"
[Tue Dec 18 20:04:05 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra orders Oona a drink
[Tue Dec 18 20:04:19 2007] : Oona: Oona sits and waits for her drink.
[Tue Dec 18 20:04:22 2007] : Aliatra: "Either we trust eachother or we might as well break up"
[Tue Dec 18 20:04:40 2007] : Oona: Oona nods, watching Dan intently
[Tue Dec 18 20:04:42 2007] : Adrin: Adrin looks at Dan
[Tue Dec 18 20:04:46 2007] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Dec 18 20:04:54 2007] : Dan: "I am willing to admit that you may have done it sneakily due to pressing time, but *may* have decided to announce your find layer"
[Tue Dec 18 20:05:06 2007] : Dan: ooc later
[Tue Dec 18 20:05:40 2007] : Oona: "Thank you Dan".
[Tue Dec 18 20:06:05 2007] : Oona: Oona extrends her hand.
[Tue Dec 18 20:06:06 2007] : Dan: "But you nearly damned yourself with your own poor choice of words. I'll leave it at that"
[Tue Dec 18 20:06:20 2007] : Oona: "I'll give you that"
[Tue Dec 18 20:06:24 2007] : Dan: Dan shakes it, but doesn't smile
[Tue Dec 18 20:06:44 2007] : Oona: "So, where is that drink?"
[Tue Dec 18 20:06:50 2007] : Adrin: "Can we get that drink now?"
[Tue Dec 18 20:07:14 2007] : DM: It's a busy night, you'll have to be patient.
[Tue Dec 18 20:08:44 2007] : DM: ooc feel free to fast forward to tomorrow.
[Tue Dec 18 20:09:07 2007] : Oona: >>
[Tue Dec 18 20:09:07 2007] : Adrin: ooc >>
[Tue Dec 18 20:09:09 2007] : Aliatra: ooc ROTFLOL
[Tue Dec 18 20:09:12 2007] : Oona: ooc lol
[Tue Dec 18 20:09:14 2007] : Adrin: ooc :)
[Tue Dec 18 20:09:23 2007] : Oona: ooc great minds and all ;-)
[Tue Dec 18 20:09:46 2007] : DM: The next morning sees you outside the College of the Arcane, ready to complete the deal with the young wizard, Ignace.
[Tue Dec 18 20:09:51 2007] : Adrin: ooc small minds seldom differ :)
[Tue Dec 18 20:11:51 2007] : DM: ooc anyone there?
[Tue Dec 18 20:11:58 2007] : Adrin: ooc me
[Tue Dec 18 20:12:01 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Yep, I'm here
[Tue Dec 18 20:12:09 2007] : Dan: yep
[Tue Dec 18 20:12:21 2007] : Adrin: Adrin looks around for the wimpy looking wizard
[Tue Dec 18 20:12:53 2007] : Ignace: "Ah. Good morning. Do we have a deal?"
[Tue Dec 18 20:13:24 2007] : Adrin: "I think so"
[Tue Dec 18 20:13:31 2007] : Aliatra: "Yes, we do"
[Tue Dec 18 20:13:37 2007] : Oona: "We do indeed"
[Tue Dec 18 20:14:28 2007] : Ignace: "Excellent" He hands over a envelope. "Show this to the expedition leader when you reach them."
[Tue Dec 18 20:15:12 2007] : Ignace: "They've taken the main east road, you'll easily catch up with them if you're on horseback."
[Tue Dec 18 20:15:24 2007] : Adrin: "Good"
[Tue Dec 18 20:15:31 2007] : Aliatra: "We will"
[Tue Dec 18 20:15:58 2007] : Oona: "what does the envelope say?"
[Tue Dec 18 20:16:03 2007] : Oona: "contain"
[Tue Dec 18 20:16:47 2007] : Ignace: "It's you're contract, to provide martial services in exchange for a share of the treasure found in the course of the dig."
[Tue Dec 18 20:17:32 2007] : Dan: ooc sorry for silence, I'm sorting out my spells
[Tue Dec 18 20:17:50 2007] : Ignace: "Now if I could just have those research papers...?"
[Tue Dec 18 20:18:21 2007] : Adrin: "I think Dan has them"
[Tue Dec 18 20:18:25 2007] : Aliatra: "Of course"
[Tue Dec 18 20:18:41 2007] : Adrin: Adrin fetches the papers and hands them over
[Tue Dec 18 20:19:39 2007] : Ignace: Ignace snatches them from your hands and starts reading. He's no longer paying attention to you and wanders off back to the transmutation tower.
[Tue Dec 18 20:20:01 2007] : Oona: "I suppose we should make sure what that contract says?"
[Tue Dec 18 20:20:02 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's pick up our items and get out of here"
[Tue Dec 18 20:20:06 2007] : Oona: "Before we leave..."
[Tue Dec 18 20:20:46 2007] : Aliatra: "Sure"
[Tue Dec 18 20:21:48 2007] : Dan: "Yeah, you're welcome, you green robed idiot"
[Tue Dec 18 20:22:12 2007] : Dan: "Good idea Ali"
[Tue Dec 18 20:22:53 2007] : DM: ooc feel free to choose your items later
[Tue Dec 18 20:23:07 2007] : Dan: Dan takes a Pearl of power from the store room
[Tue Dec 18 20:23:39 2007] : Dan: ooc 1000gp
[Tue Dec 18 20:23:39 2007] : Adrin (enter): 20:23
[Tue Dec 18 20:23:52 2007] : Dan: ooc oh dear :(
[Tue Dec 18 20:23:56 2007] : Adrin: ooc I just got dumped out for no reason
[Tue Dec 18 20:23:59 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I'll let you know later, David
[Tue Dec 18 20:24:12 2007] : Adrin: ooc everything was fine and then bang
[Tue Dec 18 20:24:39 2007] : Adrin: Booting '(2) Adrin' from server...
[Tue Dec 18 20:24:40 2007] : Adrin (exit): 20:24
[Tue Dec 18 20:25:19 2007] : Adrin: ooc Are you wanting to know our items, David?
[Tue Dec 18 20:25:41 2007] : DM: ooc not now
[Tue Dec 18 20:26:22 2007] : DM: Anything else to be done in town before you leave?
[Tue Dec 18 20:26:25 2007] : Adrin: ooc ok.
[Tue Dec 18 20:26:38 2007] : Dan: ooc not for me
[Tue Dec 18 20:26:51 2007] : Adrin: ooc I just want to buy a new bow
[Tue Dec 18 20:27:15 2007] : DM: ooc but you were awesome with that shortbow!
[Tue Dec 18 20:27:50 2007] : Adrin: ooc just stunning
[Tue Dec 18 20:28:50 2007] : DM: Are you buying new horses? Or do you have some stabled somewhere? Or are you going to walk?
[Tue Dec 18 20:29:26 2007] : Aliatra: ooc We had horsed stabled here, hadn't we?
[Tue Dec 18 20:29:43 2007] : DM: ooc okay.
[Tue Dec 18 20:30:34 2007] : DM: It's nearing noon by the time you're ready to leave.
[Tue Dec 18 20:31:39 2007] : DM: The east road is busy with farmers and peddlers travelling to the villages and small towns on the banks of the broad river (whose name I've forgotten).
[Tue Dec 18 20:31:51 2007] : Aliatra: "Can we go now? I'll always associate this place with bad smells now"
[Tue Dec 18 20:32:18 2007] : DM: The land around you is cultivated with all manner of crops, cabbages, wheat, oats, beans and so on.
[Tue Dec 18 20:32:57 2007] : Dan: "Looks like good cropland"
[Tue Dec 18 20:33:05 2007] : Adrin: "Do you think anyone would notice if we helped ourselves to some lunch?"
[Tue Dec 18 20:33:24 2007] : Aliatra: "Do you mean stealing?"
[Tue Dec 18 20:33:32 2007] : DM: Barges, small fishing boards, and small sailing boats slowly travel up and down the river, transporting bulk cargo, catching fish or transporting wealthy clients in comfort.
[Tue Dec 18 20:33:55 2007] : Adrin: "You can call it that if you want"
[Tue Dec 18 20:34:07 2007] : Aliatra: "I do and I object"
[Tue Dec 18 20:34:20 2007] : Dan: "I'd imagine that if everyone did it there'd not be much left for the farmer
[Tue Dec 18 20:34:25 2007] : DM: The road is well maintained, with good cobbles firmly embedded in the gravel and sand road surface.
[Tue Dec 18 20:34:35 2007] : Dan: "So I'd say yes, it may be watched"
[Tue Dec 18 20:34:53 2007] : Adrin: "Humph"
[Tue Dec 18 20:34:56 2007] : Aliatra: "And yes, somebody would notice: me"
[Tue Dec 18 20:35:01 2007] : Dan: "I guess you could leave some money where the farmer would find it maybe"
[Tue Dec 18 20:35:02 2007] : DM: You pass the occasional work crew repairing the road or cutting back the growth in the adjacent ditches.
[Tue Dec 18 20:35:44 2007] : Adrin: "What would be the point of that?"
[Tue Dec 18 20:35:48 2007] : Aliatra: "Or just buy some produce from the farmer himself"
[Tue Dec 18 20:36:07 2007] : DM: Even the smallest village has a substantial jetty with a barge or two tied up and an open tavern or inn.
[Tue Dec 18 20:37:08 2007] : DM: This is clearly a very prosperous part of the kingdown, particular when compared to the bleak and sparse living of the sheep farmers around Northwatch or the dismal existence of the reed bed harvesters in the Gray Marsh.
[Tue Dec 18 20:37:43 2007] : Aliatra: "At least the country here is populated, much better than wilderness"
[Tue Dec 18 20:38:20 2007] : Oona: "Indeed"
[Tue Dec 18 20:38:49 2007] : DM: At regular intervals, every few miles or so are wooden watch towers, manned by alert men and women of the king's army keeping watch on the passing traffic and the opposite bank belonging to the neighbouring kingdom.
[Tue Dec 18 20:39:38 2007] : DM: You ride onwards, and dusk approaches without you catching up with the expedition.
[Tue Dec 18 20:39:47 2007] : Adrin: "They seem a little suspicious of their neighbours"
[Tue Dec 18 20:40:39 2007] : Aliatra: "Hmm, I wonder why they are so vigilant"
[Tue Dec 18 20:40:44 2007] : Dan: "As are all petty kingdoms"
[Tue Dec 18 20:40:46 2007] : Oona: "they do, don't they?"
[Tue Dec 18 20:41:00 2007] : Dan: "Don't forget how the royal house here was fighting from within"
[Tue Dec 18 20:41:26 2007] : Dan: "It may be that the neighbours see this as a potential for invasion"
[Tue Dec 18 20:41:36 2007] : Adrin: "Makes sense"
[Tue Dec 18 20:41:46 2007] : Dan: "Shall we find a place to camp?"
[Tue Dec 18 20:42:24 2007] : Aliatra: "Sure, better do that before it gets really dark"
[Tue Dec 18 20:42:53 2007] : DM: An inn? Or just camping by the roadside?
[Tue Dec 18 20:43:23 2007] : Oona: ooc if ther eis an inn
[Tue Dec 18 20:43:24 2007] : Aliatra: "Camping or getting a bed for probably the last time for now"
[Tue Dec 18 20:43:30 2007] : Oona: oooc go for the inn
[Tue Dec 18 20:43:39 2007] : Adrin: "I say bed everytime"
[Tue Dec 18 20:43:55 2007] : Dan: "I guess an inn is better than camping"
[Tue Dec 18 20:44:32 2007] : DM: The inn in the next village is small but clean and the food cooking in the kitchen smells delicious.
[Tue Dec 18 20:44:40 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's get to the nearest, decentg looking, inn"
[Tue Dec 18 20:44:49 2007] : Adrin: "Can you smell that?"
[Tue Dec 18 20:45:31 2007] : Dan: "I could use some hot food after the ride, I'm quite chilly"
[Tue Dec 18 20:45:59 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's look no further"
[Tue Dec 18 20:47:16 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra dismounts and enters the inn
[Tue Dec 18 20:47:39 2007] : Dan: Dan hands his horse to the ostler for stabling and gives the lad a tip, then enters the inn
[Tue Dec 18 20:48:30 2007] : Adrin: Adrin follows Dans example
[Tue Dec 18 20:48:32 2007] : Oona: "Food!"
[Tue Dec 18 20:49:04 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Of course Aliatra took care of her horse as well
[Tue Dec 18 20:49:27 2007] : Aliatra: "Food, a bath, and a bed"
[Tue Dec 18 20:49:30 2007] : Oona: ooc and Oona
[Tue Dec 18 20:49:36 2007] : DM: For a few silver pieces, a delicious stew is served with freshly baked bread.
[Tue Dec 18 20:49:58 2007] : DM: In the small common room you can't help but overhear the conversations around you.
[Tue Dec 18 20:50:19 2007] : Adrin: Adrin would've prefered a pie, but devoures the stew regardless
[Tue Dec 18 20:50:23 2007] : Aliatra: "Did you see a large group of people and wagons pass through here, on their way to the mountains?"
[Tue Dec 18 20:50:28 2007] : DM: The farmers mostly talk of farming matters, the weather and so on.
[Tue Dec 18 20:50:49 2007] : Dan: Dan warms his hands on the bowl for a while, then eats slowly, savouring the stew
[Tue Dec 18 20:51:40 2007] : DM: You learn that a large party of wizards passed by a couple of hours before dawn. You image that you'll catch up with them tomorrow morning.
[Tue Dec 18 20:52:12 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Before dawn?
[Tue Dec 18 20:52:23 2007] : DM: The bargers are discussing the stepped-up security by the king and what it means.
[Tue Dec 18 20:52:30 2007] : DM: ooc before dusk
[Tue Dec 18 20:52:58 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra listens to the conversations, while savouring her stew
[Tue Dec 18 20:52:59 2007] : DM: There's speculation that the political siuation to the south may further destablize.
[Tue Dec 18 20:53:55 2007] : DM: ...
[Tue Dec 18 20:54:13 2007] : DM: Anyone posting watches?
[Tue Dec 18 20:54:38 2007] : Oona: "I'll take first watch. This whole border thing does not make me feel very safe"
[Tue Dec 18 20:54:49 2007] : Adrin: ooc did we see any guards in the village?
[Tue Dec 18 20:55:00 2007] : DM: The village as one of the watch towers, yes.
[Tue Dec 18 20:55:06 2007] : Aliatra: "You want us to take watches in an inn? Well, if you insist"
[Tue Dec 18 20:55:49 2007] : Adrin: "I thought we came here to rest, not sit up all night"
[Tue Dec 18 20:55:57 2007] : Dan: "If we must. I will only trance for a few hours, otherwide I shall be watching with whoever is up"
[Tue Dec 18 20:56:30 2007] : Oona: "I am not too tired. I'll watch part of the night at least"
[Tue Dec 18 20:56:31 2007] : Aliatra: Before Aliatra turns in, she casts Lesser Restoration upon herself (twice) [2d4] => [1,3] = (4)
[Tue Dec 18 20:57:19 2007] : Adrin: "I'll be asleep. Wake me if you need me"
[Tue Dec 18 20:57:53 2007] : Aliatra: "I'll take my turn as well, just call me"
[Tue Dec 18 20:59:00 2007] : Dan: Dan identifies the blue stone before resting
[Tue Dec 18 20:59:06 2007] : Oona: oona gets comfortable to watch
[Tue Dec 18 20:59:15 2007] : Oona: ooc there was that ring I threw on the floor as well.
[Tue Dec 18 20:59:19 2007] : DM: Later that night, while Dan is awake...
[Tue Dec 18 21:00:29 2007] : DM: Dan, you hear a eerie and terrifying howl coming from somewhere outside the inn and close by.
[Tue Dec 18 21:00:35 2007] : DM: Will Save
[Tue Dec 18 21:00:42 2007] : Dan: Will save: [1d20+9] => [16,9] = (25)
[Tue Dec 18 21:00:46 2007] : Adrin: ooc nice
[Tue Dec 18 21:00:57 2007] : Dan: "What in the hells was that?"
[Tue Dec 18 21:01:02 2007] : Dan: ooc Knowledge??
[Tue Dec 18 21:01:25 2007] : Adrin: (snore)
[Tue Dec 18 21:01:26 2007] : DM: A second howl from the other side of the inn answers.
[Tue Dec 18 21:01:31 2007] : DM: ooc planes
[Tue Dec 18 21:01:38 2007] : DM: ooc knowledge: planes
[Tue Dec 18 21:01:43 2007] : Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+17] => [18,17] = (35)
[Tue Dec 18 21:01:58 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Very nice
[Tue Dec 18 21:02:01 2007] : Dan: Dan stands and knocks on the others' doors
[Tue Dec 18 21:02:15 2007] : Oona: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [4,9] = (13)
[Tue Dec 18 21:03:34 2007] : DM: Such a chilling howl could only be from a shadow mastiff, heavy-built dog-like beasts from the plane of shadows. Fond of stalking their prey from shadows and teh cover of darkness.
[Tue Dec 18 21:03:35 2007] : Adrin: "wha?"
[Tue Dec 18 21:03:43 2007] : Oona: "Hmm?"
[Tue Dec 18 21:03:51 2007] : DM: Their howl is enough to send lesser men and women running in panick.
[Tue Dec 18 21:04:05 2007] : Aliatra: "What is that?"
[Tue Dec 18 21:04:13 2007] : Aliatra: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [10,7] = (17)
[Tue Dec 18 21:04:52 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra jumps out of bed and gets her armour on
[Tue Dec 18 21:05:03 2007] : DM: As creature of shadow the strongly dislike the bright light of daylight when their power over shadows fails to conceal them.
[Tue Dec 18 21:05:15 2007] : Adrin: "You better not be just hearing things"
[Tue Dec 18 21:05:26 2007] : Adrin: Adrin kits up
[Tue Dec 18 21:05:32 2007] : DM: The first beast howls again.
[Tue Dec 18 21:05:42 2007] : DM: Will saves for everyone except Dan.
[Tue Dec 18 21:05:48 2007] : Adrin: Will save: [1d20+6] => [17,6] = (23)
[Tue Dec 18 21:05:51 2007] : Aliatra: "We'd better hurry up"
[Tue Dec 18 21:05:57 2007] : Aliatra: Will save: [1d20+7] => [18,7] = (25)
[Tue Dec 18 21:06:19 2007] : Dan: "I don't think so"
[Tue Dec 18 21:06:23 2007] : Adrin: "Ok, you're not hearing things. What do you thnk it is?"
[Tue Dec 18 21:06:40 2007] : Dan: "I think it's a Shadow Mastiff"
[Tue Dec 18 21:06:51 2007] : Dan: "Or more than one"
[Tue Dec 18 21:07:44 2007] : Dan: "They dwell and attcak from the shadows"
[Tue Dec 18 21:07:48 2007] : Dan: ooc attack
[Tue Dec 18 21:08:09 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's see what the light of my ring will do to them"
[Tue Dec 18 21:08:18 2007] : Adrin: ooc snigger
[Tue Dec 18 21:09:20 2007] : Dan: "I think nothing Ali, only daylight"
[Tue Dec 18 21:09:32 2007] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Dec 18 21:09:51 2007] : Aliatra: "But with enough light there aren't shadows, are there?"
[Tue Dec 18 21:09:57 2007] : Adrin: ooc any moonlight dm?
[Tue Dec 18 21:10:14 2007] : DM: Tonight is a moonless night.
[Tue Dec 18 21:10:28 2007] : Oona: Will save: [1d20+6] => [16,6] = (22)
[Tue Dec 18 21:10:37 2007] : Adrin: "Pretty dark out there tonight"
[Tue Dec 18 21:11:21 2007] : Dan: "Some creatures project their own"
[Tue Dec 18 21:11:30 2007] : Oona: "urgh"
[Tue Dec 18 21:11:50 2007] : Adrin: "May as well go see what we can find"
[Tue Dec 18 21:12:05 2007] : Dan: Aryadan Casts - Metamagic Extend: Mage Armour (level 2): Gives subject +4 armor bonus for 2 hours/level
[Tue Dec 18 21:12:19 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra gets her bow ready as she goes with Adrin
[Tue Dec 18 21:12:53 2007] : Oona: Oona readies her bow and advances, keeping to the shadows
[Tue Dec 18 21:13:05 2007] : Dan: Dan holds his bow and follows
[Tue Dec 18 21:13:33 2007] : DM: ooc I assume you're leaving the inn?
[Tue Dec 18 21:14:06 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Going to the front door for now
[Tue Dec 18 21:14:35 2007] : DM: You reach the front door without encountering anybody or anything.
[Tue Dec 18 21:14:52 2007] : Oona: ooc following the others, hiding.
[Tue Dec 18 21:14:55 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [9,14] = (23)
[Tue Dec 18 21:15:00 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [1,13] = (14)
[Tue Dec 18 21:15:45 2007] : Aliatra: "How about some extra protection, Adrin?"
[Tue Dec 18 21:16:02 2007] : Adrin: "eh?"
[Tue Dec 18 21:16:23 2007] : Aliatra: "I can cast spells on you and me, helping us"
[Tue Dec 18 21:16:37 2007] : Adrin: "Ok, go on then"
[Tue Dec 18 21:16:47 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 2: Barkskin (lvl 2) Grants +3 enhancement to natural armor.
[Tue Dec 18 21:16:50 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 2: Barkskin (lvl 2) Grants +3 enhancement to natural armor.
[Tue Dec 18 21:17:02 2007] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Mirror Image (level 2): Creates decoy duplicates of you (1d4 +1 per three levels, max 8) ==> [1d4+2] => [1,2] = (3) images (Image AC = 14; Duration - 1 minute per level)
[Tue Dec 18 21:17:18 2007] : Aliatra: "That should help us for the better part of an hour"
[Tue Dec 18 21:17:30 2007] : Adrin: "Very nice. Thanks"
[Tue Dec 18 21:18:16 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's kill us some beasties"
[Tue Dec 18 21:18:33 2007] : DM: Initiative
[Tue Dec 18 21:18:48 2007] : Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+3] => [12,3] = (15)
[Tue Dec 18 21:18:48 2007] : DM: [1d20+5] => [3,5] = (8)
[Tue Dec 18 21:18:51 2007] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [8,5] = (13)
[Tue Dec 18 21:19:26 2007] : Oona: Initiative: [1d20+9] => [5,9] = (14)
[Tue Dec 18 21:19:43 2007] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [11,7] = (18)
[Tue Dec 18 21:20:04 2007] : DM: Aliatra, your turn. You're inside the inn by the close front door.
[Tue Dec 18 21:20:30 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra opens the door, bow in hand, and peers out
[Tue Dec 18 21:20:35 2007] : Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [10,2] = (12)
[Tue Dec 18 21:20:56 2007] : Aliatra: ooc with her eyes still not quite open
[Tue Dec 18 21:21:13 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Do I see anything?
[Tue Dec 18 21:22:16 2007] : DM: In the middle of the innyard is a large dog-like creature, with matt black fur that blends in perfectly with the darkness outside.
[Tue Dec 18 21:22:17 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks at the mastiff, takes aim and fires
[Tue Dec 18 21:22:22 2007] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, MW (base): [1d20+12] => [17,12] = (29) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [8,3] = (11)
[Tue Dec 18 21:22:52 2007] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Dec 18 21:23:02 2007] : DM: Kneeling by the beast is a figure, cloaked in black and shrouded in shadow.
[Tue Dec 18 21:23:41 2007] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Dec 18 21:23:59 2007] : Adrin: Hold action until Oona has moved
[Tue Dec 18 21:24:06 2007] : DM: [1d100] => [24] = (24)
[Tue Dec 18 21:24:23 2007] : DM: ooc you can move past allies.
[Tue Dec 18 21:24:54 2007] : Adrin: ooc but you can't charge past them
[Tue Dec 18 21:25:02 2007] : DM: ooc okay.
[Tue Dec 18 21:25:04 2007] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Dec 18 21:25:17 2007] : Dan: ooc but you can move 4o feet Adrin
[Tue Dec 18 21:25:25 2007] : Adrin: ooc just hoping theres no trapped bridges
[Tue Dec 18 21:25:48 2007] : Dan: ooc you don't need to charge
[Tue Dec 18 21:25:49 2007] : Adrin: ooc get extra on the hit for charge though
[Tue Dec 18 21:26:09 2007] : Oona: Oona walks out as silently and stealthily as she can, keeping way from any light
[Tue Dec 18 21:26:24 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [18,14] = (32)
[Tue Dec 18 21:26:31 2007] : DM: [1d20+8] => [17,8] = (25)
[Tue Dec 18 21:26:36 2007] : DM: [1d20+8] => [4,8] = (12)
[Tue Dec 18 21:26:36 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [19,13] = (32)
[Tue Dec 18 21:27:03 2007] : DM: You creep along, seemingly undetected by the mastiff and it's master.
[Tue Dec 18 21:27:09 2007] : Oona: Oona strings an arrow and shoots. (which is which?)
[Tue Dec 18 21:27:17 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Invisible and unhearable :-)
[Tue Dec 18 21:27:17 2007] : Oona: ooc the master is 2?
[Tue Dec 18 21:27:18 2007] : DM: #1 is the beast
[Tue Dec 18 21:27:26 2007] : Oona: aiming at 2
[Tue Dec 18 21:27:46 2007] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (base): [1d20+12] => [6,12] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [1,5] = (6)
[Tue Dec 18 21:28:01 2007] : Oona: ooc I think my stats are wrong, should be +1 on att and dam
[Tue Dec 18 21:28:13 2007] : Oona: ooc but not sure and can't check right now. :-)
[Tue Dec 18 21:28:42 2007] : Oona: ooc I just added the +1 in the description, can't remember if I added them in the numbers.
[Tue Dec 18 21:28:54 2007] : Oona: if I hit, sneak?
[Tue Dec 18 21:29:25 2007] : Dan: ooc hello??
[Tue Dec 18 21:29:26 2007] : DM: Your arrow passes straight through the kneeling figure, it raised is cowled head and two burning red eyes stare straight at you.
[Tue Dec 18 21:29:39 2007] : Oona: ooc ooops.
[Tue Dec 18 21:29:44 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Dec 18 21:29:50 2007] : Oona: done.
[Tue Dec 18 21:30:02 2007] : Adrin: ooc can I go?
[Tue Dec 18 21:30:19 2007] : DM: Yeah, Adrin, your go
[Tue Dec 18 21:30:20 2007] : Dan: Dan moves through the door
[Tue Dec 18 21:30:33 2007] : Adrin: Adrin charges headlong at the beast
[Tue Dec 18 21:30:42 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (base): [1d20+12] => [19,12] = (31) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [6,4,5] = (15)
[Tue Dec 18 21:30:42 2007] : Adrin: Critical hit? [1d20+12] => [3,12] = (15) ===> Damage: [4d6+10] => [4,2,5,5,10] = (26)
[Tue Dec 18 21:30:42 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (second): [1d20+7] => [15,7] = (22) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [2,2,5] = (9)
[Tue Dec 18 21:30:48 2007] : DM: [1d100] => [41] = (41)
[Tue Dec 18 21:30:52 2007] : Adrin: ooc +2 on the hit
[Tue Dec 18 21:31:25 2007] : DM: The concealing darkness makes it difficult to pin point where the beast is and you're swing misses by a hair's breadth.
[Tue Dec 18 21:31:33 2007] : Adrin: ooc gah
[Tue Dec 18 21:31:34 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Dec 18 21:31:44 2007] : Dan: Dan moves through the door
[Tue Dec 18 21:31:55 2007] : Dan: Dan begins casting
[Tue Dec 18 21:31:56 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Dec 18 21:33:04 2007] : DM: The figure of shadows and blackness steps back and stands, he's tall and towers over Adrin.
[Tue Dec 18 21:34:19 2007] : DM: He speaks, a soft rustling voice. "And so the hunt begins."
[Tue Dec 18 21:34:43 2007] : DM: He fades from view.
[Tue Dec 18 21:34:49 2007] : DM: Knowledge: planes check.
[Tue Dec 18 21:34:59 2007] : DM: The beast snarls and attacks Adrin.
[Tue Dec 18 21:35:05 2007] : DM: [1d20+7] => [7,7] = (14)
[Tue Dec 18 21:35:20 2007] : Aliatra: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [15,7] = (22)
[Tue Dec 18 21:35:23 2007] : Oona: ooc a chill takes us all, as if life itself was sucked from us. A DEMENTOR! cries Harry in the background.
[Tue Dec 18 21:35:27 2007] : DM: A second beast is heard loping from around the croner.
[Tue Dec 18 21:35:31 2007] : Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Tue Dec 18 21:35:39 2007] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Dec 18 21:35:46 2007] : Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+17] => [3,17] = (20)
[Tue Dec 18 21:36:27 2007] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Dec 18 21:36:29 2007] : Oona: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Dec 18 21:37:05 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra walks out to get a better aim at #3
[Tue Dec 18 21:37:24 2007] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, MW (base): [1d20+12] => [18,12] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [8,3] = (11)
[Tue Dec 18 21:37:28 2007] : DM: [1d100] => [79] = (79)
[Tue Dec 18 21:37:33 2007] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Dec 18 21:37:35 2007] : DM: Your arrow strikes true.
[Tue Dec 18 21:37:51 2007] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Dec 18 21:38:23 2007] : Oona: Oona swiftly carries on, aiming for the building next to her.
[Tue Dec 18 21:38:26 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [16,14] = (30)
[Tue Dec 18 21:38:38 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [12,13] = (25)
[Tue Dec 18 21:38:40 2007] : DM: Okay.
[Tue Dec 18 21:38:45 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Apparently I can't cast Barkskin, sorry Bert
[Tue Dec 18 21:38:46 2007] : DM: [1d20+8] => [19,8] = (27)
[Tue Dec 18 21:38:47 2007] : Dan: You can use any in the cleric list, or in your specific domains
[Tue Dec 18 21:38:47 2007] : DM: [1d20+8] => [2,8] = (10)
[Tue Dec 18 21:38:56 2007] : DM: [1d20+8] => [7,8] = (15)
[Tue Dec 18 21:38:56 2007] : Dan: ooc oops
[Tue Dec 18 21:38:57 2007] : DM: [1d20+8] => [18,8] = (26)
[Tue Dec 18 21:39:07 2007] : Aliatra: ooc LOL@Craig
[Tue Dec 18 21:39:08 2007] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Dec 18 21:39:15 2007] : Oona: ooc errr
[Tue Dec 18 21:39:17 2007] : Oona: ooc can I shoot?
[Tue Dec 18 21:39:34 2007] : Oona: OOna aims at 1
[Tue Dec 18 21:39:45 2007] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (base): [1d20+12] => [14,12] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [2,5] = (7)
[Tue Dec 18 21:39:53 2007] : DM: ooc hiding again takes time.
[Tue Dec 18 21:40:00 2007] : Oona: ooc ok.
[Tue Dec 18 21:40:09 2007] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Dec 18 21:40:29 2007] : Adrin: attack #1
[Tue Dec 18 21:40:33 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (base): [1d20+12] => [14,12] = (26) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [5,4,5] = (14)
[Tue Dec 18 21:40:33 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (second): [1d20+7] => [8,7] = (15) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [6,3,5] = (14)
[Tue Dec 18 21:40:50 2007] : DM: [1d100] => [67] = (67)
[Tue Dec 18 21:40:51 2007] : DM: [1d100] => [66] = (66)
[Tue Dec 18 21:41:24 2007] : DM: You two strikes have the beast cowering in pain and bleeding badly.
[Tue Dec 18 21:41:28 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Dec 18 21:41:40 2007] : Dan: Dan finishes casting
[Tue Dec 18 21:41:50 2007] : Dan: Dan finishes casting Augmented Summon Monster III - Fiendish Dire Bat (Large magical beast): 43hp; 5 resist on cold and fire; Damage reduction 5/Magic; AC= 20; SR = 9; Darkvision 60'; Blindsight 40'; Speed 20' walk; 40' fly
[Tue Dec 18 21:42:31 2007] : Dan: Dan sends the bat after the shadow man
[Tue Dec 18 21:42:46 2007] : DM: ooc he's gone
[Tue Dec 18 21:43:10 2007] : Dan: ooc blindsight 40', if not attack the dog
[Tue Dec 18 21:43:30 2007] : Dan: Augmented Fiendish Dire Bat: Fiendish Dire Bat attack (treat as magical) Bite [1d20+7] => [2,7] = (9) ==> Damage: [1d8+7] => [1,7] = (8)
[Tue Dec 18 21:43:32 2007] : DM: ooc he's not invisible but actually gone.
[Tue Dec 18 21:43:39 2007] : DM: Miss.
[Tue Dec 18 21:43:51 2007] : Dan: ooc can I see #3?
[Tue Dec 18 21:43:57 2007] : DM: Yes
[Tue Dec 18 21:44:18 2007] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Glitterdust (level 2): Blinds those it lands on and outlines invisible creatures - 10 ft radius, 180ft range. (Will save DC 18 to negate blindness; duration - 1 round/level))
[Tue Dec 18 21:44:42 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Dec 18 21:45:09 2007] : DM: Cunning
[Tue Dec 18 21:45:21 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Nice
[Tue Dec 18 21:45:32 2007] : Dan: ooc :)
[Tue Dec 18 21:45:47 2007] : DM: The beast yelps in surprise and the glittering dust coating it.
[Tue Dec 18 21:45:48 2007] : Adrin: ooc glitterdust is disgracefully powerful :)
[Tue Dec 18 21:46:33 2007] : Dan: ooc will save
[Tue Dec 18 21:46:52 2007] : DM: Two beasts sstart to slink away from the clearly superior adverasaries.
[Tue Dec 18 21:47:00 2007] : DM: [1d20+5] => [6,5] = (11)
[Tue Dec 18 21:47:10 2007] : Dan: ooc but not very well :D
[Tue Dec 18 21:47:29 2007] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Dec 18 21:47:31 2007] : Oona: ooc sorry I just poured my glass of watr on my desk
[Tue Dec 18 21:48:02 2007] : Dan: ooc it's ok, it didn't reach here ;)
[Tue Dec 18 21:48:15 2007] : DM: The blinded beast moves away slowly and cautiously, feeling its way with its front paws and snout.
[Tue Dec 18 21:48:37 2007] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Dec 18 21:49:41 2007] : Aliatra: Shooting a parting shot at #3
[Tue Dec 18 21:49:46 2007] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, MW (base): [1d20+12] => [3,12] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [1,3] = (4)
[Tue Dec 18 21:49:59 2007] : DM: A hit.
[Tue Dec 18 21:50:09 2007] : DM: done?
[Tue Dec 18 21:50:46 2007] : Aliatra: Yeah, done
[Tue Dec 18 21:51:15 2007] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Dec 18 21:51:48 2007] : Oona: ooc sorry, just finsihing the sponge job
[Tue Dec 18 21:52:04 2007] : Dan: ooc squarepants?
[Tue Dec 18 21:52:20 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Haha
[Tue Dec 18 21:52:26 2007] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Dec 18 21:52:36 2007] : Oona: ooc /me does not get the joke :-)
[Tue Dec 18 21:52:55 2007] : Oona: Oona moves towards the beast and shoots an arrow. (#1)
[Tue Dec 18 21:53:00 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Spongebob Squarepants, a cartoon figure
[Tue Dec 18 21:53:15 2007] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) +1 (base): [1d20+12] => [16,12] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [6,5] = (11)
[Tue Dec 18 21:53:24 2007] : DM: [1d100] => [57] = (57)
[Tue Dec 18 21:54:15 2007] : DM: The beast yelps in pain and it's' legs buckle and it falls to the ground with a soft thud. It's dead.
[Tue Dec 18 21:54:29 2007] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Dec 18 21:54:59 2007] : Adrin: Adrin sees #1 drop and charges at #3
[Tue Dec 18 21:55:04 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (base): [1d20+12] => [6,12] = (18) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [4,5,5] = (14)
[Tue Dec 18 21:55:05 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (second): [1d20+7] => [7,7] = (14) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [3,1,5] = (9)
[Tue Dec 18 21:55:11 2007] : Adrin: first only
[Tue Dec 18 21:55:35 2007] : DM: [1d100] => [25] = (25)
[Tue Dec 18 21:55:49 2007] : Adrin: done
[Tue Dec 18 21:55:50 2007] : DM: Duh, no miss chance it's all glowy
[Tue Dec 18 21:56:08 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Dec 18 21:56:15 2007] : DM: The last beast is near death
[Tue Dec 18 21:56:26 2007] : Dan: Bat charges the beast
[Tue Dec 18 21:56:33 2007] : Dan: Augmented Fiendish Dire Bat: Fiendish Dire Bat attack (treat as magical) Bite [1d20+7] => [14,7] = (21) ==> Damage: [1d8+7] => [8,7] = (15)
[Tue Dec 18 21:57:07 2007] : DM: The bat swoops low and attacks, killing the shadow mastiff.
[Tue Dec 18 21:57:24 2007] : Dan: Dan pulls an arrow, but realises it's not needed
[Tue Dec 18 21:57:29 2007] : Aliatra: "Good riddance"
[Tue Dec 18 21:57:42 2007] : Dan: "Good work team!"
[Tue Dec 18 21:57:47 2007] : Adrin: "Anyone see where that guy went? He seemed to just vanish"
[Tue Dec 18 21:58:03 2007] : Dan: Dan sends the bat to patrol for invisible shadow guys
[Tue Dec 18 21:58:09 2007] : Aliatra: "I'm sure we'll meet him again"
[Tue Dec 18 21:58:17 2007] : Adrin: ooc that made me think 'Go Team Cleric' :)
[Tue Dec 18 21:58:29 2007] : DM: 400 XP if you're 8th level; 525 XP if you're 7th.
[Tue Dec 18 21:58:49 2007] : Dan: "Hopefully he gated those dogs in, so they're truly dead"
[Tue Dec 18 21:58:52 2007] : DM: The bat patrols but find nothing except for some tasty moths.
[Tue Dec 18 21:59:16 2007] : Dan: "Then again... That would mean that he's able to gate, which is definitely not a good sign"
[Tue Dec 18 21:59:17 2007] : DM: Their corpses are still there, lying on the ground and bleeding.
[Tue Dec 18 21:59:28 2007] : Oona: "gate?"
[Tue Dec 18 21:59:35 2007] : Oona: "Excuse me, you've lost me here"
[Tue Dec 18 21:59:44 2007] : Adrin: "Same here"
[Tue Dec 18 22:00:01 2007] : Dan: "It's a means of planar travel, from a high level spell"
[Tue Dec 18 22:00:10 2007] : Dan: "and I mean *high*"
[Tue Dec 18 22:01:10 2007] : Aliatra: "It's nice to be wanted by people in high places, no?"
[Tue Dec 18 22:01:11 2007] : DM: A chill wind briefly stirs and on the breeze a faint whispering voice is heard.
[Tue Dec 18 22:02:26 2007] : DM: "We tasted your memories as you stood by the crack in the world, and soon we shall dine."
[Tue Dec 18 22:02:43 2007] : Aliatra: "Huh?"
[Tue Dec 18 22:02:51 2007] : Adrin: "Who said that?"
[Tue Dec 18 22:02:58 2007] : DM: "Beware the night, fear the dark, for we are hunting..."
[Tue Dec 18 22:03:18 2007] : DM: The breeze is gone as suddently as it came.
[Tue Dec 18 22:03:23 2007] : Aliatra: "Yeah, sure, whatever"
[Tue Dec 18 22:03:31 2007] : Dan: "The crack in the world?"
[Tue Dec 18 22:03:57 2007] : Dan: "Does that refer to somewhere we've been or is it metaphorical?"
[Tue Dec 18 22:04:21 2007] : Adrin: "Maybe a deep ravine somewhere?"
[Tue Dec 18 22:04:23 2007] : Dan: "The only fissure that I can think of contained that fire elemental that we ran away from"
[Tue Dec 18 22:04:25 2007] : Aliatra: "Search me"
[Tue Dec 18 22:04:45 2007] : Aliatra: "And we did not spend a lot of time standing there"
[Tue Dec 18 22:05:01 2007] : Dan: "No indeed"
[Tue Dec 18 22:05:20 2007] : Oona: "I don't like that. At all."
[Tue Dec 18 22:06:08 2007] : Adrin: "Well if these two things are the best they can manage."
[Tue Dec 18 22:06:28 2007] : Dan: "I guess we'd better check that everyone is OK"
[Tue Dec 18 22:06:43 2007] : Adrin: "I'm fine"
[Tue Dec 18 22:06:43 2007] : Aliatra: "And then let's get back to sleep"
[Tue Dec 18 22:07:20 2007] : Oona: "Yes, sleep, I remember I was sleeping"
[Tue Dec 18 22:07:26 2007] : Oona: "Although I am really wide awake now"
[Tue Dec 18 22:07:31 2007] : DM: No one else in the village seems to have been disturbed.
[Tue Dec 18 22:07:47 2007] : Dan: "I meant the other guests who ran off screaming Adrin"
[Tue Dec 18 22:07:49 2007] : Adrin: "Surprisingly comfortable beds"
[Tue Dec 18 22:08:02 2007] : Aliatra: "Well, the watch wasn't there for those dags anyway"
[Tue Dec 18 22:08:11 2007] : Adrin: "Ah"
[Tue Dec 18 22:08:14 2007] : Oona: "How come we're the only ones who have been affected?"
[Tue Dec 18 22:08:20 2007] : Oona: "Or even heard these beasts?"
[Tue Dec 18 22:08:32 2007] : DM: Everyone else was sound asleep.
[Tue Dec 18 22:09:29 2007] : Aliatra: "The attack seems to have been deliberately and magically aimed at us"
[Tue Dec 18 22:09:43 2007] : Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+17] => [5,17] = (22)
[Tue Dec 18 22:10:02 2007] : Dan: "Hmm, is it something to do with our current assignment?"
[Tue Dec 18 22:10:22 2007] : DM: "crack in the world" could refer to a planar rift.
[Tue Dec 18 22:10:38 2007] : Dan: "And I don't know of any way that only us could be targetted"
[Tue Dec 18 22:11:13 2007] : Adrin: ooc thats what I figured, but theres no way Adrin would think that
[Tue Dec 18 22:11:27 2007] : ** Dan doesn't remember a planar rift :-\ **
[Tue Dec 18 22:11:43 2007] : Adrin: ooc on the island?
[Tue Dec 18 22:11:55 2007] : DM: The island? With the yuan-ti abomination chained up and guarded it?
[Tue Dec 18 22:12:10 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Ooh, that's sneaky, DM
[Tue Dec 18 22:12:39 2007] : DM: It was unstable and hopping rapidly across many different planes.
[Tue Dec 18 22:12:43 2007] : Aliatra: "Crack in the world. Might that be an opening between worlds?"
[Tue Dec 18 22:12:57 2007] : Oona: ooc true.
[Tue Dec 18 22:14:17 2007] : Dan: ooc ah, I remember
[Tue Dec 18 22:15:07 2007] : Aliatra: ooc We were there only a few weeks ago (in game time)
[Tue Dec 18 22:16:00 2007] : Dan: ooc need a roll for PC memory
[Tue Dec 18 22:16:07 2007] : DM: Heh
[Tue Dec 18 22:16:46 2007] : Dan: "What worlds did we poke my staff into at the portal on the island?"
[Tue Dec 18 22:16:51 2007] : Adrin: ooc I've taken to writing every encounter down. Now I just need to remember to look at them
[Tue Dec 18 22:17:06 2007] : Aliatra: ooc LOL@Bert
[Tue Dec 18 22:17:33 2007] : Aliatra: "A bit too many, I'm afraid, Dan"
[Tue Dec 18 22:17:52 2007] : Adrin: "No point worrying about it now"
[Tue Dec 18 22:18:40 2007] : Aliatra: "One day at a time and one encounter at a time"
[Tue Dec 18 22:19:01 2007] : Dan: "Yes, but it helps to be prepared"
[Tue Dec 18 22:19:17 2007] : Dan: "I guess it wouldn't harm me to look into shadow magic"
[Tue Dec 18 22:19:35 2007] : Aliatra: "What does that do?"
[Tue Dec 18 22:20:16 2007] : Dan: "Im exists on the plane of shadow and only weakly interacts with this plane"
[Tue Dec 18 22:20:39 2007] : Dan: "I should imagine that creatures that are on both are susceptible to the magic"
[Tue Dec 18 22:21:04 2007] : Adrin: "What about sunlight? How does that affect them?"
[Tue Dec 18 22:21:23 2007] : Aliatra: "And what spells are good against them?"
[Tue Dec 18 22:21:39 2007] : Dan: "In the case of those mastiffs, it prevents them from concealing themselves in shadow"
[Tue Dec 18 22:21:53 2007] : Dan: "I'm not sure Ali, I'll need to look into it"
[Tue Dec 18 22:22:37 2007] : Aliatra: "I'd better make sure to pray for light spells, methinks"
[Tue Dec 18 22:23:40 2007] : Adrin: "Well, its getting closer to real daylight so I think I'll get some more rest while I can"
[Tue Dec 18 22:24:32 2007] : Aliatra: "Yes, let's make sure we're all rested by morning"
[Tue Dec 18 22:25:41 2007] : Dan: "OK, to bed!"
[Tue Dec 18 22:26:03 2007] : Adrin: "What about the bodies?"
[Tue Dec 18 22:26:05 2007] : Oona: "Is there something I must prepare for this plane thing?"
[Tue Dec 18 22:26:15 2007] : Oona: "I mean, not really my scope but..."
[Tue Dec 18 22:26:23 2007] : Adrin: "Someone's in for a right scare in the morning"
[Tue Dec 18 22:26:39 2007] : Aliatra: "Get them into the nearest ditch?"
[Tue Dec 18 22:27:25 2007] : Adrin: "I suppose so"
[Tue Dec 18 22:28:02 2007] : Aliatra: "Just let's get them out of here ASAP and then to bed"
[Tue Dec 18 22:28:18 2007] : Adrin: "You get one, I'll get the other"
[Tue Dec 18 22:28:19 2007] : Dan: Dan helps move the corpses
[Tue Dec 18 22:28:34 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra grabs the body of dog #3 and gets it to a ditch to dump it there
[Tue Dec 18 22:28:48 2007] : Adrin: Adrin drags #1 to the same place
[Tue Dec 18 22:29:06 2007] : Oona: "Oona watches while they drag the bodies"
[Tue Dec 18 22:29:11 2007] : Oona: "Oona watches while they drag the bodies"
[Tue Dec 18 22:30:46 2007] : DM: The next day dawns bright and sunny.
[Tue Dec 18 22:30:51 2007] : Oona: ooc *keeps watch, rather.
[Tue Dec 18 22:32:03 2007] : Aliatra: "Why do things always look better when the sun is out?"
[Tue Dec 18 22:32:18 2007] : Adrin: "Maybe because you can see them?"
[Tue Dec 18 22:32:19 2007] : Oona: "I don't think they always do"
[Tue Dec 18 22:32:58 2007] : Dan: "The sun brings life"
[Tue Dec 18 22:33:35 2007] : Aliatra: "And now I'm ready for my breakfast"
[Tue Dec 18 22:33:39 2007] : Dan: "And many evil creatures shun the sun, and I think that even those who have not studied feel this deep down"
[Tue Dec 18 22:34:08 2007] : Adrin: "Night certainly brings out the worst in people"
[Tue Dec 18 22:36:02 2007] : Dan: "Let's see if we can't catch up those wizards tonight"
[Tue Dec 18 22:36:18 2007] : Dan: "Before tonight"
[Tue Dec 18 22:36:32 2007] : Adrin: "Good idea. Maybe some of them would know about this Shadow Magic"
[Tue Dec 18 22:37:47 2007] : Adrin: Adrin eats his breakfast and then gets ready to leave
[Tue Dec 18 22:37:55 2007] : DM: After riding a couple of hours you see the wizard party up ahead, there are 6 wizards, and a group of adventures in assorted gear, much like yourselfs riding at the front.
[Tue Dec 18 22:38:15 2007] : Dan: "I'm sure that they will, but it falls outside the traditional colleges"
[Tue Dec 18 22:38:31 2007] : Aliatra: "They're here, let's ask them"
[Tue Dec 18 22:38:41 2007] : DM: Mules pull two heavily laden waggons of equipment and supplies.
[Tue Dec 18 22:38:48 2007] : DM: GAME END