Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Dec 4 19:16:29 2007] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Dec 4 19:16:31 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I've got a 112
[Tue Dec 4 19:17:06 2007] : Aliatra: "Where to now? Do you reckon that cat needs help?"
[Tue Dec 4 19:17:16 2007] : DM: The sound of fighting from deeper in the lab stops with the last howl of a dying wolf-creature.
[Tue Dec 4 19:17:30 2007] : Adrin: "I think they've got it all under control"
[Tue Dec 4 19:17:40 2007] : DM: The squads of cats and bear return and approach you.
[Tue Dec 4 19:18:09 2007] : Aliatra: "Good, I'm low on healing spells"
[Tue Dec 4 19:18:24 2007] : Dan: "I'd have thought that the wizard needs takign out"
[Tue Dec 4 19:18:27 2007] : Bear leader: "We have defeated the wizards army of wolfs and rats. We thank you for your assistance in dealing with those lizards."
[Tue Dec 4 19:18:56 2007] : Bear leader: "The wizard has locked himself behind a stout door we cannot breech."
[Tue Dec 4 19:19:10 2007] : Adrin: "So you want us to go get him?"
[Tue Dec 4 19:19:11 2007] : Bear leader: "There is some sort of strange lock upon the door."
[Tue Dec 4 19:19:13 2007] : Aliatra: "Hmm, need help with that?"
[Tue Dec 4 19:19:43 2007] : Aliatra: "Do we still have that knock stone?"
[Tue Dec 4 19:20:47 2007] : Dan: "You have it Ali"
[Tue Dec 4 19:20:59 2007] : Dan: "From memory it should serve us once more"
[Tue Dec 4 19:21:25 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra grabs in her backpack and takes out the stone
[Tue Dec 4 19:21:37 2007] : Bear leader: ooc It's been used up.
[Tue Dec 4 19:21:54 2007] : Dan: ooc it has? It's not recorded on the wiki
[Tue Dec 4 19:22:39 2007] : Aliatra: "Depleted or not depleted, that's the question"
[Tue Dec 4 19:23:14 2007] : Adrin: "Can we not just break the door with an axe?"
[Tue Dec 4 19:23:20 2007] : Dan: "I can examine it for magical aura if you wish"
[Tue Dec 4 19:23:32 2007] : Bear leader: "The door is reinforced with metal."
[Tue Dec 4 19:23:43 2007] : Dan: "Otherwise, Knock is a spell that I am barred from learning"
[Tue Dec 4 19:24:02 2007] : Dan: "We either seige him, or try to find another way in"
[Tue Dec 4 19:24:08 2007] : Aliatra: "Please do, Dan"
[Tue Dec 4 19:24:10 2007] : Bear leader: "I think it would take many hours to break through the door."
[Tue Dec 4 19:24:28 2007] : Bear leader: ooc you could always examine the door yourselves.
[Tue Dec 4 19:24:37 2007] : Aliatra: "And now Oona has gone off we have noone to open the lock for us"
[Tue Dec 4 19:24:43 2007] : Adrin: "Do you think there is another way out of the room?"
[Tue Dec 4 19:24:57 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's have a look anyway"
[Tue Dec 4 19:25:14 2007] : Dan: "Let us go and take a look"
[Tue Dec 4 19:25:32 2007] : Adrin: "May as well"
[Tue Dec 4 19:25:37 2007] : Bear leader: ooc we'll go with what the wiki says for the glass egg. It's more likely right than me.
[Tue Dec 4 19:27:13 2007] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Detect Magic (level 0): Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
[Tue Dec 4 19:27:29 2007] : Dan: Dan concentrates on the Knock stone
[Tue Dec 4 19:28:28 2007] : Dan: "Ah it seems to still have some power left"
[Tue Dec 4 19:28:32 2007] : Dan: "Let's go"
[Tue Dec 4 19:28:40 2007] : DM: The next room is a large laboratory area, glass jars big enough for a medium humanoid stand in rows. Some are cracked and drip liquids on the floor. Each drop hissing as it hits the ground.
[Tue Dec 4 19:29:21 2007] : Aliatra: "This place reeks more than anything I've ever smelled"
[Tue Dec 4 19:29:24 2007] : Adrin: "Not a nice room"
[Tue Dec 4 19:29:42 2007] : DM: Bodies of wolfmen and ratmen lie in heaps and the ground is splashed with their blood.
[Tue Dec 4 19:30:09 2007] : Dan: "Not a lot of casualties on the bear and cat side then"
[Tue Dec 4 19:30:10 2007] : Adrin: "Which way?"
[Tue Dec 4 19:30:38 2007] : Bear leader: "We will withdraw and tend to our wounded, send a message should you require reinforcements."
[Tue Dec 4 19:30:52 2007] : Aliatra: "We will"
[Tue Dec 4 19:30:55 2007] : Bear leader: The leader signals to his troops and the move off.
[Tue Dec 4 19:31:11 2007] : Aliatra: "Take care of yourselves. What do you plan to do after?"
[Tue Dec 4 19:31:20 2007] : Dan: "Looks like the lab where he created these folks"
[Tue Dec 4 19:31:29 2007] : DM: There's a grand door in the south wall, it's bound with metal and scribed with symbols.
[Tue Dec 4 19:32:00 2007] : DM: Set in the centre of the door is what seems to be some for of mechanical device.
[Tue Dec 4 19:32:15 2007] : Aliatra: "This is a horrid place where abominable things have occured, let's get the culprit and leave"
[Tue Dec 4 19:32:56 2007] : DM: It's circular, about 30 cm in diameter and spaced at regular intervals are 4 smaller spheres with numbers etched onto them.
[Tue Dec 4 19:33:31 2007] : Aliatra: "What is that? Some kind of lock?"
[Tue Dec 4 19:33:40 2007] : DM: These smaller sphere look like they may rotate, the sphere at the top is the largest and going clockwise each one is half the diameter of the previous,
[Tue Dec 4 19:34:28 2007] : DM: ooc something like the diagram above.
[Tue Dec 4 19:34:43 2007] : DM: In the centre is a button made of brass.
[Tue Dec 4 19:35:13 2007] : DM: Spot checks.
[Tue Dec 4 19:35:25 2007] : Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [12,5] = (17)
[Tue Dec 4 19:35:31 2007] : Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [20,2] = (22)
[Tue Dec 4 19:36:38 2007] : Adrin (enter): 19:36
[Tue Dec 4 19:36:52 2007] : Adrin: ooc sorry. windows had a fit about something
[Tue Dec 4 19:37:01 2007] : Adrin: Booting '(3) Adrin' from server...
[Tue Dec 4 19:37:02 2007] : Adrin (exit): 19:37
[Tue Dec 4 19:37:03 2007] : Aliatra: ooc :-(
[Tue Dec 4 19:37:12 2007] : DM: Spot check, Adrin
[Tue Dec 4 19:37:20 2007] : Adrin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [14,7] = (21)
[Tue Dec 4 19:37:38 2007] : DM: ooc since you probably missed the description of the lock
[Tue Dec 4 19:37:45 2007] : DM: It's circular, about 30 cm in diameter and spaced at regular intervals are 4 smaller spheres with numbers etched onto them.
[Tue Dec 4 19:37:51 2007] : DM: These smaller sphere look like they may rotate, the sphere at the top is the largest and going clockwise each one is half the diameter of the previous,
[Tue Dec 4 19:37:56 2007] : DM: In the centre is a button made of brass.
[Tue Dec 4 19:38:52 2007] : Adrin: "This is a lock?"
[Tue Dec 4 19:39:49 2007] : Dan: "It seems that way Adrin"
[Tue Dec 4 19:40:05 2007] : Adrin: "So how do we open it?"
[Tue Dec 4 19:40:07 2007] : DM: You all notice a crack on one of the nearby jars growing rapidly, and the viscous liquid inside started to slosh about. The jar suddenly cracks open and a large gelatinous mass bursts out.
[Tue Dec 4 19:40:13 2007] : DM: Roll initiative.
[Tue Dec 4 19:40:22 2007] : Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+3] => [5,3] = (8)
[Tue Dec 4 19:40:40 2007] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [15,7] = (22)
[Tue Dec 4 19:40:54 2007] : DM: [1d20-5] => [5,-5] = (0)
[Tue Dec 4 19:41:00 2007] : Aliatra: "That doesn't look good"
[Tue Dec 4 19:41:07 2007] : Adrin: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+4] => [6,4] = (10)
[Tue Dec 4 19:41:12 2007] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [7,5] = (12)
[Tue Dec 4 19:41:34 2007] : Dan: "This does not look good!"
[Tue Dec 4 19:41:38 2007] : Dan: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+10] => [10,10] = (20)
[Tue Dec 4 19:42:01 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Stay out of my mind! :-P
[Tue Dec 4 19:42:13 2007] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+4] => [14,4] = (18)
[Tue Dec 4 19:43:02 2007] : Dan: "It looks acidic, probably best to keep it at a distance"
[Tue Dec 4 19:43:18 2007] : Aliatra: "Sure"
[Tue Dec 4 19:43:29 2007] : DM: The mass of jelly looks alive, probing psuedopods search for food.
[Tue Dec 4 19:43:30 2007] : Adrin: "Right"
[Tue Dec 4 19:43:35 2007] : DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Tue Dec 4 19:44:53 2007] : Aliatra: "I don't like this at all. Any idea how to eliminate this?"
[Tue Dec 4 19:45:08 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra steps back form the jelly
[Tue Dec 4 19:45:58 2007] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Dec 4 19:46:03 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Dec 4 19:46:09 2007] : Dan: "It's probably not too fast, keep your distance and shoot it sounds best"
[Tue Dec 4 19:46:43 2007] : Dan: Dan moves
[Tue Dec 4 19:46:52 2007] : Dan: Composite longbow +1 (base): [1d20+9] => [10,9] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Tue Dec 4 19:46:56 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Dec 4 19:47:12 2007] : DM: A hit
[Tue Dec 4 19:47:40 2007] : DM: It looks slow, almost immobile.
[Tue Dec 4 19:47:45 2007] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Dec 4 19:48:38 2007] : Adrin: Adrin draws his bow and shoots
[Tue Dec 4 19:48:39 2007] : Adrin: Shortbow, composite (base): [1d20+10] => [15,10] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Dec 4 19:48:39 2007] : Adrin: Shortbow, composite (second): [1d20+5] => [4,5] = (9) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Dec 4 19:49:03 2007] : DM: Two hits
[Tue Dec 4 19:49:41 2007] : Adrin: move if I can, then done
[Tue Dec 4 19:49:47 2007] : DM: The arrows pierce the outer skin of the ooze and fluid leaks out. The arrows are then slowly dissolved.
[Tue Dec 4 19:49:56 2007] : DM: ooc 5ft only.
[Tue Dec 4 19:50:13 2007] : Adrin: ok done
[Tue Dec 4 19:50:16 2007] : DM: The ooze charges (!) Adrin
[Tue Dec 4 19:50:25 2007] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Dec 4 19:50:45 2007] : DM: Slam (+ acid) (base): [1d20+5] => [14,5] = (19) ===> Damage: [2d5+3+1d4] => [4,3,3,2] = (12)
[Tue Dec 4 19:50:54 2007] : DM: And misses.
[Tue Dec 4 19:51:01 2007] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Dec 4 19:51:35 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra aims and fires at the jelly
[Tue Dec 4 19:51:40 2007] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, MW (base): [1d20+9] => [18,9] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [6,3] = (9)
[Tue Dec 4 19:51:52 2007] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Dec 4 19:52:07 2007] : DM: *gloop* Another hit
[Tue Dec 4 19:52:23 2007] : Dan: "Don't listen to me then!"
[Tue Dec 4 19:52:28 2007] : Aliatra: "Do our arrows even hurt it?"
[Tue Dec 4 19:52:46 2007] : DM: Since you didn't move, a pseudopod lashes out.
[Tue Dec 4 19:52:48 2007] : Adrin: "It... slid at me!"
[Tue Dec 4 19:52:49 2007] : DM: Slam (+ acid) (base): [1d20+5] => [11,5] = (16) ===> Damage: [2d5+3+1d4] => [5,5,3,4] = (17)
[Tue Dec 4 19:52:59 2007] : Dan: "I have no idea, but you totally ignored my advice"
[Tue Dec 4 19:53:00 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Dec 4 19:53:06 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I moved away from it last round
[Tue Dec 4 19:53:31 2007] : DM: ooc according the map it's next to you.
[Tue Dec 4 19:53:33 2007] : Dan: ooc and it moved to you and you used a ranged weapon in melee
[Tue Dec 4 19:53:39 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I just neved moved my miniature
[Tue Dec 4 19:53:46 2007] : DM: ooc consider that punishment for forgetting to move your miniature.
[Tue Dec 4 19:53:48 2007] : Adrin: ooc sigh
[Tue Dec 4 19:53:58 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Dec 4 19:54:20 2007] : Dan: Dan moves back a bit more
[Tue Dec 4 19:54:34 2007] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 4 Missiles:
1st missile - [1d4+1] => [3,1] = (4) damage
2nd missile - [1d4+1] => [4,1] = (5) damage
3rd missile - [1d4+1] => [2,1] = (3) damage
4th missile - [1d4+1] => [2,1] = (3) damage

[Tue Dec 4 19:54:41 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Dec 4 19:55:19 2007] : DM: It looks wounded, its fluids leaking from several punctures.
[Tue Dec 4 19:55:23 2007] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Dec 4 19:55:38 2007] : Adrin: Adrin takes a step back and shoots
[Tue Dec 4 19:55:41 2007] : Adrin: Shortbow, composite (base): [1d20+10] => [13,10] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Dec 4 19:55:41 2007] : Adrin: Shortbow, composite (second): [1d20+5] => [19,5] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [5,0] = (5)
[Tue Dec 4 19:56:09 2007] : DM: Two more hits. (You can't misses except on a natural 1)
[Tue Dec 4 19:56:18 2007] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Dec 4 19:56:32 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra steps back and shoots
[Tue Dec 4 19:56:36 2007] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, MW (base): [1d20+9] => [1,9] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [6,3] = (9)
[Tue Dec 4 19:56:47 2007] : DM: And that's a miss.
[Tue Dec 4 19:56:52 2007] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Dec 4 19:57:32 2007] : DM: Aliatra completely messes up her shot and the arrow goes wild.
[Tue Dec 4 19:57:33 2007] : Aliatra: [1d100] => [63] = (63)
[Tue Dec 4 19:57:42 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Dec 4 19:58:00 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Aliatra never messes it up *sulk*
[Tue Dec 4 19:58:14 2007] : Adrin: ooc it was a dodgy arrow ;)
[Tue Dec 4 19:58:51 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Yeah, it was a dody arrow
[Tue Dec 4 19:59:00 2007] : Aliatra: ooc dodgy
[Tue Dec 4 19:59:11 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Dec 4 19:59:29 2007] : Dan: Composite longbow +1 (base): [1d20+9] => [3,9] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Tue Dec 4 19:59:33 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Dec 4 19:59:50 2007] : DM: It looks severly wounded now.
[Tue Dec 4 19:59:53 2007] : DM: Adirn?
[Tue Dec 4 19:59:57 2007] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Dec 4 20:00:39 2007] : Adrin: Adrin takes another step and shoots
[Tue Dec 4 20:00:44 2007] : Adrin: Shortbow, composite (base): [1d20+10] => [6,10] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Dec 4 20:00:44 2007] : Adrin: Shortbow, composite (second): [1d20+5] => [9,5] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [5,0] = (5)
[Tue Dec 4 20:01:15 2007] : DM: *splish* *glip*
[Tue Dec 4 20:01:28 2007] : DM: It advances on Adrin
[Tue Dec 4 20:01:35 2007] : DM: Slam (+ acid) (base): [1d20+5] => [20,5] = (25) ===> Damage: [2d5+3+1d4] => [2,4,3,3] = (12)
[Tue Dec 4 20:01:35 2007] : DM: Critical hit? [1d20+5] => [17,5] = (22) ===> Damage: [4d5+6+1d4] => [5,3,5,3,6,4] = (26)
[Tue Dec 4 20:01:47 2007] : Adrin: "Argh"
[Tue Dec 4 20:01:58 2007] : DM: A unusually large psuedopad smacks Adrin around.
[Tue Dec 4 20:02:03 2007] : DM: Grapple check
[Tue Dec 4 20:02:06 2007] : DM: Grapple (base): [1d20+10] => [19,10] = (29) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Dec 4 20:02:11 2007] : Adrin: Grapple (base): [1d20+10] => [20,10] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d1+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Dec 4 20:02:11 2007] : Adrin: Critical hit? [1d20+10] => [2,10] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d1+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Dec 4 20:02:11 2007] : Adrin: Grapple (second): [1d20+5] => [9,5] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d1+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Dec 4 20:02:22 2007] : Aliatra: "Hold on, I'll get to you as soon as can"
[Tue Dec 4 20:02:30 2007] : DM: Lucky!
[Tue Dec 4 20:02:36 2007] : Adrin: ooc VERY!
[Tue Dec 4 20:02:40 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Yeah :-P
[Tue Dec 4 20:02:46 2007] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Dec 4 20:02:51 2007] : Dan: ooc critical grapple
[Tue Dec 4 20:03:51 2007] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Dec 4 20:03:54 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra steps back and shoots again
[Tue Dec 4 20:03:58 2007] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, MW (base): [1d20+9] => [17,9] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [7,3] = (10)
[Tue Dec 4 20:04:10 2007] : DM: AoO
[Tue Dec 4 20:04:11 2007] : DM: Slam (+ acid) (base): [1d20+5] => [7,5] = (12) ===> Damage: [2d5+3+1d4] => [5,3,3,1] = (12)
[Tue Dec 4 20:04:14 2007] : Adrin: Adrin looks quite injured
[Tue Dec 4 20:04:16 2007] : DM: Misses.
[Tue Dec 4 20:04:42 2007] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Dec 4 20:04:50 2007] : DM: The ooze is looking close to death, it's leaking from numerous holes.
[Tue Dec 4 20:04:53 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Dec 4 20:04:57 2007] : Dan: Composite longbow +1 (base): [1d20+9] => [9,9] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] => [7,1] = (8)
[Tue Dec 4 20:05:08 2007] : Aliatra: "Adrin, get away if you can until I can help you"
[Tue Dec 4 20:05:14 2007] : Dan: Dan finishes it off from a distance
[Tue Dec 4 20:05:21 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Dec 4 20:05:22 2007] : DM: Adrin? One final hit will probably kill it.
[Tue Dec 4 20:05:37 2007] : Dan: ooc Aww, not that close to death then!
[Tue Dec 4 20:05:43 2007] : Adrin: Adrin limps back again and takes a final shot
[Tue Dec 4 20:05:46 2007] : Adrin: Shortbow, composite (base): [1d20+10] => [2,10] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Dec 4 20:05:46 2007] : Adrin: Shortbow, composite (second): [1d20+5] => [17,5] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [2,0] = (2)
[Tue Dec 4 20:06:41 2007] : DM: The outer skin of the ooze starts to split wide open and the gelatinous, amorphous insides spill out, hissing and smoking on the floor. It's clearly dead.
[Tue Dec 4 20:07:00 2007] : Dan: "Now that was one ugly creature"
[Tue Dec 4 20:07:05 2007] : Adrin: "Careful, that stuff burns"
[Tue Dec 4 20:07:25 2007] : Dan: "Probably worth checking the other jars to ensure that we don't get any more suprises!"
[Tue Dec 4 20:07:36 2007] : Adrin: Adrin looks at his bow
[Tue Dec 4 20:07:39 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes over to Adrin and gets a wand out of her backpack
[Tue Dec 4 20:07:49 2007] : Adrin: "Why am I still carrying this piece of crap?"
[Tue Dec 4 20:07:54 2007] : Aliatra: "Hold still"
[Tue Dec 4 20:07:54 2007] : DM: 233 XP each
[Tue Dec 4 20:08:06 2007] : Adrin: "Remind me to get a bigger one when we get back up top"
[Tue Dec 4 20:08:18 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [7,1] = (8)
[Tue Dec 4 20:08:21 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Tue Dec 4 20:08:22 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [3,1] = (4)
[Tue Dec 4 20:08:26 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [5,1] = (6)
[Tue Dec 4 20:08:39 2007] : Aliatra: ooc 20 hp back
[Tue Dec 4 20:08:41 2007] : Adrin: ooc I didn't actually get healed after the last fight :(
[Tue Dec 4 20:08:56 2007] : Dan: **Ka-CHING**
[Tue Dec 4 20:08:56 2007] : Aliatra: ooc How much are you down?
[Tue Dec 4 20:09:05 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Ker-ching
[Tue Dec 4 20:09:17 2007] : Dan: [1d4] => [1] = (1)
[Tue Dec 4 20:09:19 2007] : Adrin: ooc still 21
[Tue Dec 4 20:09:25 2007] : Dan: ooc booo, hissss
[Tue Dec 4 20:09:32 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [7,1] = (8)
[Tue Dec 4 20:09:33 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Tue Dec 4 20:09:38 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [4,1] = (5)
[Tue Dec 4 20:09:40 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [5,1] = (6)
[Tue Dec 4 20:09:49 2007] : Aliatra: ooc And another 21
[Tue Dec 4 20:09:49 2007] : Adrin: ooc perfect
[Tue Dec 4 20:10:24 2007] : Aliatra: "Better take care of me as well"
[Tue Dec 4 20:10:26 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [7,1] = (8)
[Tue Dec 4 20:10:27 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [7,1] = (8)
[Tue Dec 4 20:10:28 2007] : Adrin: "Thats better. In all the exceitment I forgot I was still hurting from the last guys"
[Tue Dec 4 20:10:28 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [7,1] = (8)
[Tue Dec 4 20:11:11 2007] : Aliatra: "So had I"
[Tue Dec 4 20:11:26 2007] : Aliatra: "How do you feel, Dan?"
[Tue Dec 4 20:11:30 2007] : DM: ooc FYI, that had the stats of an Ochre Jelly without the split ability.
[Tue Dec 4 20:11:56 2007] : Dan has sent you a tree node...
[Tue Dec 4 20:12:09 2007] : Dan: "I'm fine Ali"
[Tue Dec 4 20:12:57 2007] : Adrin: "You had the sense to stay away from it"
[Tue Dec 4 20:13:08 2007] : Aliatra: "That's alright then"
[Tue Dec 4 20:13:55 2007] : Dan: "Ah well, all's well that ends well and all that"
[Tue Dec 4 20:14:27 2007] : Aliatra: "How do the other jars look?"
[Tue Dec 4 20:14:42 2007] : DM: Quiescent
[Tue Dec 4 20:15:04 2007] : Dan: Let's get back to this door then
[Tue Dec 4 20:15:28 2007] : Dan: "The jars look OK. Let's get back to this door then"
[Tue Dec 4 20:15:31 2007] : Adrin: Adrin walks back to the lock
[Tue Dec 4 20:15:55 2007] : Adrin: "These are numbers, right?"
[Tue Dec 4 20:15:58 2007] : Aliatra: "Any idea how that lock works?"
[Tue Dec 4 20:17:01 2007] : Dan: "Let's have a look"
[Tue Dec 4 20:17:07 2007] : DM: The numbers showing on the spheres are 7, 6, 3 and 5
[Tue Dec 4 20:17:17 2007] : Dan: Dan examines the mechanism
[Tue Dec 4 20:17:54 2007] : DM: The spheres rotate and are etched with the numbers 0 to 9.
[Tue Dec 4 20:19:06 2007] : Adrin: "So, we can turn these to different numbers and then hit the button?"
[Tue Dec 4 20:19:18 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks around for a paper with a code on in
[Tue Dec 4 20:19:24 2007] : Aliatra: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [12,2] = (14)
[Tue Dec 4 20:19:41 2007] : DM: There's no post-it note stuck to the door. ;)
[Tue Dec 4 20:19:46 2007] : Aliatra: "But what happens if we use the wrong numbers?"
[Tue Dec 4 20:19:57 2007] : Aliatra: ooc That is so not fair!
[Tue Dec 4 20:20:02 2007] : Dan: "Umm, who knows"
[Tue Dec 4 20:20:56 2007] : Adrin: "There must be..... (adrin counts on his fingers) ...lots of choices"
[Tue Dec 4 20:21:07 2007] : Dan: "There are 10,000 combination possibilities"
[Tue Dec 4 20:21:42 2007] : Adrin: "We could be here a while"
[Tue Dec 4 20:22:09 2007] : Adrin: ooc hang on, the stone is still charged isn't it?
[Tue Dec 4 20:22:12 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's try to eliminate some choices then"
[Tue Dec 4 20:22:14 2007] : DM: ooc yes.
[Tue Dec 4 20:22:16 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Yep
[Tue Dec 4 20:22:18 2007] : Dan: "So do we try the stone? Or try to figure this out?"
[Tue Dec 4 20:22:42 2007] : Adrin: "I dont think we've a chance of guessing it"
[Tue Dec 4 20:23:01 2007] : DM: ooc you've had a few clues already
[Tue Dec 4 20:23:11 2007] : Aliatra: "Well, we're not in a particular hurry and we might need that stone later. Let's spend some time trying to figure it out"
[Tue Dec 4 20:23:56 2007] : Aliatra: "Do you suppose the wizard changed the numbers before closing the door behind him?"
[Tue Dec 4 20:24:16 2007] : ** Dan wonders what happened to the cluebat **
[Tue Dec 4 20:24:25 2007] : Adrin: "Unless it was very easy to do it, I dont think he'd have the time"
[Tue Dec 4 20:24:44 2007] : Dan: "So what, we try it as it is?"
[Tue Dec 4 20:25:10 2007] : Dan: "If I made a door like this, I'd make damned sure to make the numbers change after I shut it behind me!"
[Tue Dec 4 20:25:20 2007] : Aliatra: "Point"
[Tue Dec 4 20:25:39 2007] : Aliatra: "Do we remember any numbers from around here?"
[Tue Dec 4 20:25:53 2007] : Adrin: "I wonder why the number things are different sizes"
[Tue Dec 4 20:26:49 2007] : Aliatra: "I was asking myself the same question"
[Tue Dec 4 20:27:54 2007] : DM: Each sphere looks to be about half the diameter of the previous one.
[Tue Dec 4 20:28:25 2007] : Dan: "ooc *cough* clue!
[Tue Dec 4 20:28:31 2007] : Aliatra: "An easy one would be, from smalles to largest 1, 2, 4, 8"
[Tue Dec 4 20:28:46 2007] : Dan: "It's worth a try
[Tue Dec 4 20:29:27 2007] : DM: Who's going to try it?
[Tue Dec 4 20:29:33 2007] : Dan: "Although that would work for circles rather than spheres, but not everyone knows this"
[Tue Dec 4 20:29:45 2007] : Adrin: "I'll try it"
[Tue Dec 4 20:30:01 2007] : Dan: "Let me first look for any arcane markings on the door"
[Tue Dec 4 20:30:02 2007] : Aliatra: "Do you have a spear to hit the button with?"
[Tue Dec 4 20:30:16 2007] : Dan: Decipher Script Skill Check: [1d20+17] => [11,17] = (28)
[Tue Dec 4 20:30:30 2007] : Adrin: Adrin sets the smallest sphere to 1, then 2, 4 and 8 up to the largest sphere
[Tue Dec 4 20:31:13 2007] : DM: "As the snake eat its tail, so shall this door open."
[Tue Dec 4 20:31:45 2007] : Dan: "Hmm, now that's an interesting statement"
[Tue Dec 4 20:31:53 2007] : Aliatra: "Huh?"
[Tue Dec 4 20:31:57 2007] : DM: ooc a circle that's twice the diameter is four times the area.
[Tue Dec 4 20:32:21 2007] : DM: ooc a sphere that's twice the diameter is eight times the volume.
[Tue Dec 4 20:32:50 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I know that (I was rather good in math)
[Tue Dec 4 20:33:26 2007] : Dan: ooc 'maths' not 'math' you're dealing with proper English speaker :P
[Tue Dec 4 20:33:37 2007] : Dan: ooc speakers
[Tue Dec 4 20:33:42 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Like who?
[Tue Dec 4 20:33:47 2007] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Dec 4 20:33:58 2007] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Dec 4 20:34:24 2007] : DM: Dan, as you read the runes you notice that one of the runes has been mis-drawn. The rune as a dot at the top (like the dot on an 'i'). The dot is carved too large and is in the wrong place. This rune is located midway between the largest sphere and the next smallest.
[Tue Dec 4 20:35:07 2007] : Dan: Dan desribes what he can see, looking interested but perplexed
[Tue Dec 4 20:35:36 2007] : Adrin: "Do you want me to hit this button or not?"
[Tue Dec 4 20:35:43 2007] : Dan: "not yet"
[Tue Dec 4 20:36:16 2007] : Dan: "Look, there's an odd hole here"
[Tue Dec 4 20:36:37 2007] : Adrin: "Can you see through it?"
[Tue Dec 4 20:36:39 2007] : Aliatra: "Like a key hole or a peep hole or what?"
[Tue Dec 4 20:36:41 2007] : Dan: "It may be a hidden trap"
[Tue Dec 4 20:36:57 2007] : Dan: "A release hole for a gas mechanism or somesuch"
[Tue Dec 4 20:37:15 2007] : DM: ooc it's not a hole. It's just deep engraved.
[Tue Dec 4 20:37:32 2007] : Dan: Dan examines the engraving carefully
[Tue Dec 4 20:37:35 2007] : DM: ooc so it's emphasised.
[Tue Dec 4 20:38:43 2007] : DM: The engraved writing is just how I described it, nothing more.
[Tue Dec 4 20:39:21 2007] : Adrin: "Looks like a marker of some kind"
[Tue Dec 4 20:39:25 2007] : Dan: "OK, as the snake eats its tail..."
[Tue Dec 4 20:39:58 2007] : DM: ooc hmm. I think that clue may just confuse you...
[Tue Dec 4 20:40:01 2007] : Adrin: "That'd make it look like a circle, like this lock"
[Tue Dec 4 20:40:10 2007] : DM: ooc or maybe not.
[Tue Dec 4 20:40:16 2007] : Dan: "Yes"
[Tue Dec 4 20:40:45 2007] : Dan: "Maybe the numbers we chose are correct, but should be rotated so that the tail is in the head"
[Tue Dec 4 20:41:00 2007] : Aliatra: "A snake eating its own tail, doesn't that represent infinity or something?"
[Tue Dec 4 20:41:03 2007] : Dan: "So the large tumbler is 1"
[Tue Dec 4 20:41:18 2007] : Adrin: Adrin moves the top sphere to 1
[Tue Dec 4 20:41:22 2007] : Dan: "Yes, the snake is often named Ouroros"
[Tue Dec 4 20:41:32 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Ouroboros
[Tue Dec 4 20:41:54 2007] : Dan: ooc yep made a typo
[Tue Dec 4 20:42:41 2007] : Dan: "So the small sphere would be 2"
[Tue Dec 4 20:42:42 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I know :-) Just couldn't resist correcting you
[Tue Dec 4 20:42:55 2007] : Dan: "the next 4, and the next 8?"
[Tue Dec 4 20:43:05 2007] : DM: Try it.
[Tue Dec 4 20:43:13 2007] : Adrin: Adrin moves the spheres
[Tue Dec 4 20:43:18 2007] : Dan: "Let's give that a go Adrin"
[Tue Dec 4 20:43:22 2007] : Adrin: "Back up and I'll hit the button"
[Tue Dec 4 20:43:36 2007] : Dan: "use my quarterstaff"
[Tue Dec 4 20:43:43 2007] : Adrin: "Ok"
[Tue Dec 4 20:43:50 2007] : Dan: Dan hands it over and backs away
[Tue Dec 4 20:44:15 2007] : Adrin: Adrin moves to quarterstaff distance and pokes the button
[Tue Dec 4 20:44:42 2007] : DM: There's a small spark of electricity and the door doesn't open.
[Tue Dec 4 20:44:45 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra gets out of range
[Tue Dec 4 20:45:06 2007] : Adrin: "Hmm, other way round maybe?"
[Tue Dec 4 20:45:09 2007] : Aliatra: "Mmm, try something else?"
[Tue Dec 4 20:45:15 2007] : Dan: "Ok, not quite correct then, but no damage done hopefully"
[Tue Dec 4 20:45:16 2007] : DM: 8, 4, 2, 1 (alway going clockwise) is not the correct combination.
[Tue Dec 4 20:45:28 2007] : DM: I mean
[Tue Dec 4 20:45:41 2007] : DM: 1, 2, 4, 8 (alway going clockwise and started at the largest) is not the correct combination.
[Tue Dec 4 20:45:57 2007] : DM: No one is shocked.
[Tue Dec 4 20:46:10 2007] : Adrin: Adrin swaps the left and right numbers and tries again
[Tue Dec 4 20:46:24 2007] : Adrin: ooc that'd be 1, 8, 4, 2
[Tue Dec 4 20:46:31 2007] : DM: Nope.
[Tue Dec 4 20:47:32 2007] : Adrin: "Maybe if we move all the numbers one place round"
[Tue Dec 4 20:47:33 2007] : Dan: "Does the dot represent the snake's eye or something?"
[Tue Dec 4 20:47:37 2007] : Aliatra: "That inscription must mean something"
[Tue Dec 4 20:47:37 2007] : DM: ooc the number of permutations of 1, 2, 4 and 8 is 24. You could try them all.
[Tue Dec 4 20:48:11 2007] : Adrin: Adrin tries 2, 1, 8, 4
[Tue Dec 4 20:48:16 2007] : DM: Nope.
[Tue Dec 4 20:49:30 2007] : Adrin: Adrin tries 8, 1, 2, 4
[Tue Dec 4 20:49:35 2007] : DM: Nope
[Tue Dec 4 20:49:44 2007] : Adrin: "Oh I give up"
[Tue Dec 4 20:50:04 2007] : Adrin: Adrin starts to kick dead rats
[Tue Dec 4 20:50:11 2007] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Dec 4 20:50:47 2007] : Dan: "So we've ruled out 1 as the large sphere"
[Tue Dec 4 20:50:49 2007] : Aliatra: "Like the snake eats its own tail"
[Tue Dec 4 20:51:41 2007] : Aliatra: "What can that mean in combination with that lock?"
[Tue Dec 4 20:52:49 2007] : Dan: Dan systematically works through the combinations
[Tue Dec 4 20:53:08 2007] : DM: ooc All 10,000?
[Tue Dec 4 20:53:24 2007] : Dan: ooc no, the 1248 ones
[Tue Dec 4 20:53:32 2007] : Dan: 2 1 4 8
[Tue Dec 4 20:53:42 2007] : Dan: 2 4 1 8
[Tue Dec 4 20:54:07 2007] : DM: After a few minutes you discover that it isn't any permutation of 1, 2, 4, 8.
[Tue Dec 4 20:54:21 2007] : Dan: "Ok, back to basics"
[Tue Dec 4 20:54:46 2007] : Dan: "We could try all the permutations of 2 4 6 8"
[Tue Dec 4 20:55:31 2007] : Dan: ooc It's unfortunate that I don't possess Dan's intelligence ;)
[Tue Dec 4 20:55:38 2007] : DM: ooc uh oh. I think my maths may be wrong.
[Tue Dec 4 20:55:50 2007] : Adrin: ooc at the minute, I'd be happy with Adrins
[Tue Dec 4 20:56:01 2007] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Dec 4 20:57:40 2007] : DM: ooc no it's approximately right.
[Tue Dec 4 20:57:56 2007] : Adrin: ooc approximately?
[Tue Dec 4 20:58:36 2007] : DM: ooc if you had an accurate ruler...
[Tue Dec 4 20:58:42 2007] : Aliatra: "Hmm, snake, tail, circle, circumference"
[Tue Dec 4 20:58:59 2007] : Aliatra: "3.14 and the next one?"
[Tue Dec 4 20:59:40 2007] : Dan: "You refer to Pi?"
[Tue Dec 4 20:59:57 2007] : Aliatra: "Yep: 3.1415"
[Tue Dec 4 20:59:58 2007] : Adrin: "Now theres an idea. I'd love some"
[Tue Dec 4 20:59:59 2007] : Dan: "3.1415..." Dan goes on at length
[Tue Dec 4 21:00:31 2007] : Aliatra: "The question is: 1 or 2 as 3rd number, but we can just try both"
[Tue Dec 4 21:00:32 2007] : Dan: "and we apparently have a decimal point"
[Tue Dec 4 21:00:45 2007] : Aliatra: "Yes, you showed us"
[Tue Dec 4 21:01:09 2007] : Dan: "But I never realised that that's what it could be, you guessed that"
[Tue Dec 4 21:01:31 2007] : Aliatra: "I was wondering why it would be there"
[Tue Dec 4 21:01:42 2007] : Dan: Dan put in 3 1 4 1
[Tue Dec 4 21:01:49 2007] : Adrin: Adrins eyes glaze over
[Tue Dec 4 21:01:58 2007] : DM: *bzzzrt*
[Tue Dec 4 21:02:43 2007] : Aliatra: "Adrin: wake up, time to fight"
[Tue Dec 4 21:03:20 2007] : Adrin: "Who? where?"
[Tue Dec 4 21:03:21 2007] : DM: 3.141 is the wrong combination.
[Tue Dec 4 21:03:35 2007] : Dan: "Hmm, OK"
[Tue Dec 4 21:04:03 2007] : Aliatra: "3.142"
[Tue Dec 4 21:04:14 2007] : Adrin: "All that talk of pies and numbers had me dreaming"
[Tue Dec 4 21:05:14 2007] : DM: ooc is someone going to try it then?
[Tue Dec 4 21:05:17 2007] : Aliatra: "I'll buy you poe later"
[Tue Dec 4 21:05:20 2007] : Dan: "I figured it may run the other way around"
[Tue Dec 4 21:05:32 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra tries 3.142
[Tue Dec 4 21:05:36 2007] : Adrin: "Just hit the button of we'll be here for ever"
[Tue Dec 4 21:05:41 2007] : Adrin: ooc *or
[Tue Dec 4 21:05:46 2007] : Aliatra: ooc pie, not poe
[Tue Dec 4 21:05:58 2007] : DM: There's a clonk from within the door and it starts to swing open slowly.
[Tue Dec 4 21:06:08 2007] : Aliatra: "Get ready"
[Tue Dec 4 21:06:11 2007] : Dan: "Hmm, so why the 2?"
[Tue Dec 4 21:06:14 2007] : DM: 200 XP plus an extra 100 XP for Alitra.
[Tue Dec 4 21:06:23 2007] : Adrin: Adrin draws his sword
[Tue Dec 4 21:06:25 2007] : DM: ooc Come on, learn your rounding rules!
[Tue Dec 4 21:06:28 2007] : Adrin: "Finally"
[Tue Dec 4 21:06:54 2007] : Dan: ooc ah, duh!
[Tue Dec 4 21:07:13 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Whoopie
[Tue Dec 4 21:07:13 2007] : Adrin: ooc round like a snake eating its tail! doh
[Tue Dec 4 21:07:59 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra draws her sword
[Tue Dec 4 21:08:22 2007] : Aliatra: "Who first Adrin, you or me?"
[Tue Dec 4 21:08:23 2007] : DM: Inside is a small office like room dominated by a large desk heaped with untidy heaps of papers and scrolls. Sitting in the chair slumped over the desk and unmoving is an wizended old man.
[Tue Dec 4 21:08:36 2007] : DM: A bloody dagger lies discarded on the desk.
[Tue Dec 4 21:08:55 2007] : Adrin: ooc so he didn't die of old age waiting for us? :)
[Tue Dec 4 21:09:01 2007] : Aliatra: "He killed himself? After all that trouble he just killed himself?"
[Tue Dec 4 21:09:01 2007] : Dan: "Hmm, let's make sure he finished the job properly"
[Tue Dec 4 21:09:26 2007] : Dan: "Someone block the doorway"
[Tue Dec 4 21:09:30 2007] : Adrin: "Is it definately him?"
[Tue Dec 4 21:09:36 2007] : Aliatra: "And let's make sure we collect all his papers"
[Tue Dec 4 21:09:40 2007] : Adrin: Adrin takes up position
[Tue Dec 4 21:09:48 2007] : Dan: "This may be an illusion while he quitly slips away"
[Tue Dec 4 21:09:55 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes in and examines the body
[Tue Dec 4 21:10:03 2007] : Aliatra: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [14,8] = (22)
[Tue Dec 4 21:10:14 2007] : DM: The old wizard is dead, he's cut his wrist. The body is still warm so you surmise that he bled to death while you puzzled over the lock.
[Tue Dec 4 21:10:36 2007] : Dan: Dan pulls out a scroll and casts detect magic
[Tue Dec 4 21:10:50 2007] : DM: ooc er, one moment.
[Tue Dec 4 21:11:25 2007] : DM: ooc what;s your opposed school, Dan? It's not transmutation is it?
[Tue Dec 4 21:11:32 2007] : Dan: yes
[Tue Dec 4 21:11:44 2007] : Dan: ooc and enchantment
[Tue Dec 4 21:13:23 2007] : DM: There are several scrolls, most are transmutation which would fit with the old man's green trimed robe.
[Tue Dec 4 21:14:11 2007] : Dan: "His spellbook should be here, I'd be most interested in seeing what spells he has"
[Tue Dec 4 21:14:20 2007] : Adrin: "He's really dead then?"
[Tue Dec 4 21:14:24 2007] : Dan: "Or rather had"
[Tue Dec 4 21:14:37 2007] : Dan: "My detect magic showed nothing"
[Tue Dec 4 21:14:41 2007] : Aliatra: "He is, dead as a doorknob"
[Tue Dec 4 21:15:00 2007] : DM: There are: Polymorph, Animal growth, Stone, to flesh, Water breathing.
[Tue Dec 4 21:15:01 2007] : Dan: "But perhaps I should cast a dispell on the room?"
[Tue Dec 4 21:15:17 2007] : Aliatra: "I can cast detect magic, if you think that'll help"
[Tue Dec 4 21:15:32 2007] : Adrin: "Oh well. Is there anything that we can take back as evidence?"
[Tue Dec 4 21:15:59 2007] : DM: There's a spell book on the desk.
[Tue Dec 4 21:16:04 2007] : Aliatra: "Any notes, I'd say, and his body and one of the creatures: dead or alive"
[Tue Dec 4 21:17:06 2007] : Adrin: "I can't see the living ones coming quietly"
[Tue Dec 4 21:17:08 2007] : Dan: "Yes, that sounds about right Ali"
[Tue Dec 4 21:17:23 2007] : Adrin: "We could knock one out and take it"
[Tue Dec 4 21:17:27 2007] : Aliatra: "We tied one up, remember, after our first fight"
[Tue Dec 4 21:17:37 2007] : Dan: "Do you mind if I take the spellbook for now?"
[Tue Dec 4 21:17:58 2007] : Aliatra: "Be my guest. Any scrolls here you want or we might be able to sell?"
[Tue Dec 4 21:18:54 2007] : Dan: "they're all from a prohibited school, we can just sell them"
[Tue Dec 4 21:18:57 2007] : Adrin: "No use to me"
[Tue Dec 4 21:19:15 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra rifles through the papers and packs all scrolls and notes
[Tue Dec 4 21:19:43 2007] : Dan: ooc anything magical other than scrolls or notes on him or in the room?
[Tue Dec 4 21:19:53 2007] : Dan: ooc I cast detect magic before
[Tue Dec 4 21:20:53 2007] : Adrin: "No large chests full of gold lying around?"
[Tue Dec 4 21:20:54 2007] : DM: ooc no, mostly because I can't think of any interesting and appropriate magical loot.
[Tue Dec 4 21:21:14 2007] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Dec 4 21:21:18 2007] : Adrin: lol
[Tue Dec 4 21:21:21 2007] : DM: No chests of gold or other valubles.
[Tue Dec 4 21:21:22 2007] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Dec 4 21:21:33 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra searches the body of the mage
[Tue Dec 4 21:22:08 2007] : DM: Nothing of interest.
[Tue Dec 4 21:22:38 2007] : Dan: ooc :( - no mage specific items on him
[Tue Dec 4 21:22:49 2007] : DM: ooc I think I've exhausted my creatives juices with that riddle lock.
[Tue Dec 4 21:23:24 2007] : Dan: "OK, can't seem to find anything else here"
[Tue Dec 4 21:23:30 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's go and find ourselves some pie"
[Tue Dec 4 21:23:40 2007] : Dan: "Looks like he lived the life of an ascetic"
[Tue Dec 4 21:23:43 2007] : Adrin: "Good idea"
[Tue Dec 4 21:23:46 2007] : Aliatra: ooc And it was a good one, David :-D
[Tue Dec 4 21:23:59 2007] : Dan: "Bit unusual for a mage. We normally hoard protective magics"
[Tue Dec 4 21:24:01 2007] : Adrin: Adrin lifts the body onto his shoulder
[Tue Dec 4 21:24:35 2007] : Adrin: "Maybe he thought his creations would protect him"
[Tue Dec 4 21:24:36 2007] : Dan: ooc it was a good puzzle Dave
[Tue Dec 4 21:24:42 2007] : DM: Some of the papers on his desk look like pawn broker receipts.
[Tue Dec 4 21:25:08 2007] : DM: Perhaps he bankrupted himself persuing his research?
[Tue Dec 4 21:25:09 2007] : Dan: "I guess so, but half of them rebelled"
[Tue Dec 4 21:25:21 2007] : Dan: Dan takes the papers to look through
[Tue Dec 4 21:25:41 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I already packed the papers
[Tue Dec 4 21:26:04 2007] : Dan: "These look like pawnbroker receipts, maybe if we redeem them, he's got something worth the money at a bit less than street value"
[Tue Dec 4 21:26:37 2007] : Aliatra: "Take them"
[Tue Dec 4 21:26:41 2007] : Dan: "Come on, this guy was an idiot. No wonder he spent his time down here!"
[Tue Dec 4 21:26:44 2007] : Adrin: "Any point checking those other corridors, I guess"
[Tue Dec 4 21:26:56 2007] : Dan: "Might as well have a glance"
[Tue Dec 4 21:27:33 2007] : Dan: "Then head back, and catch up with the wizards headed to the mines"
[Tue Dec 4 21:27:38 2007] : Dan: ooc or whatever it was
[Tue Dec 4 21:28:45 2007] : DM: ooc buildings of an ancient civilization uncovered during a mining operation.
[Tue Dec 4 21:29:10 2007] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Dec 4 21:29:18 2007] : DM: The other rooms contain sleep and living quarters and a training area with straw dummies and the like.
[Tue Dec 4 21:29:20 2007] : Aliatra: "I want to get out of here"
[Tue Dec 4 21:29:42 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's check with the other animals and leave here"
[Tue Dec 4 21:29:45 2007] : Adrin: "Yeah, this guy is heavier than he looks"
[Tue Dec 4 21:30:05 2007] : Dan: "OK, let's go"
[Tue Dec 4 21:30:18 2007] : Dan: "Do you want me to help carry him Adrin?"
[Tue Dec 4 21:30:46 2007] : Adrin: "Nah, I'll be ok. Just complaining"
[Tue Dec 4 21:31:01 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra laughs
[Tue Dec 4 21:31:30 2007] : Dan: "Go with your strengths, that what I always say"
[Tue Dec 4 21:32:06 2007] : Dan: Dan laughs
[Tue Dec 4 21:32:28 2007] : Adrin: "Well, yes"
[Tue Dec 4 21:33:02 2007] : Aliatra: "Which way was out again?"
[Tue Dec 4 21:33:16 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra walks in the direction of the cats and bears
[Tue Dec 4 21:33:23 2007] : Dan: Back the way we came?
[Tue Dec 4 21:33:24 2007] : Adrin: "Lead on"
[Tue Dec 4 21:33:33 2007] : Dan: "Back the way we came?"
[Tue Dec 4 21:33:47 2007] : DM: As you exit the lab complex, the bear leader approaches.
[Tue Dec 4 21:34:13 2007] : Bear leader: "Is the wizard dead? Are his experiments stopped?"
[Tue Dec 4 21:34:28 2007] : Adrin: "He put up a fight, but we got him in the end"
[Tue Dec 4 21:34:32 2007] : Aliatra: "Look at him: he's dead"
[Tue Dec 4 21:34:40 2007] : Dan: "yes, and we also saw off a large ooze from one of the tanks"
[Tue Dec 4 21:34:45 2007] : Aliatra: "What will you be doing now?"
[Tue Dec 4 21:34:47 2007] : Bear leader: "Good. And what of his work?"
[Tue Dec 4 21:34:51 2007] : Dan: "The rest of the tanks are safe"
[Tue Dec 4 21:35:20 2007] : Dan: "We were only asked for a corpse..."
[Tue Dec 4 21:35:43 2007] : Dan: "If you'd rather that we didn''t give his notes to the academy then we can leave them with you"
[Tue Dec 4 21:36:20 2007] : Aliatra: "We need some though, to prove what he did"
[Tue Dec 4 21:36:30 2007] : Bear leader: The leaders pauses to think.
[Tue Dec 4 21:37:52 2007] : Bear leader: "Do we deny others the life he gave us? Or do we prevent someone else defying nature and building an army of creatures for his own ends?"
[Tue Dec 4 21:38:52 2007] : Bear leader: "Such weighty matters is not for one such as myself to decide. We simply wish to leave and live in peace beneath the sky."
[Tue Dec 4 21:39:01 2007] : Bear leader: "Decide what you think is best?"
[Tue Dec 4 21:39:33 2007] : Adrin: "We could destroy half of them. Still enough proof, but harder to follow what he did"
[Tue Dec 4 21:39:38 2007] : Dan: "It's my opinion that these things are best studied and debated in the academy"
[Tue Dec 4 21:39:39 2007] : Bear leader: "Now we will leave this place through way long forgotten by those that dwell above."
[Tue Dec 4 21:39:41 2007] : Aliatra: "I think we'd better select the papers that prove what he did, but not how, give them in evidence and burn the rest"
[Tue Dec 4 21:40:03 2007] : Bear leader: "Farewell and thank you for your allowing us our freedom."
[Tue Dec 4 21:40:16 2007] : Aliatra: "I whish you the best of luck for your lives"
[Tue Dec 4 21:40:17 2007] : Dan: "Things move very slowly in academies, so the work will not be wasted, but there will be no rush to repeat"
[Tue Dec 4 21:41:06 2007] : Adrin: "Just stay away from people"
[Tue Dec 4 21:41:13 2007] : Dan: "Yes, head for the woods to the south"
[Tue Dec 4 21:41:30 2007] : Dan: "And good fortune be with you all"
[Tue Dec 4 21:41:32 2007] : Bear leader: The bear and all the other creatures turns and leaves, waving a final farewell before they're lost from sight down a dark tunnel.
[Tue Dec 4 21:41:48 2007] : Aliatra: "Don't linger here too long, people will want to take a look here before long"
[Tue Dec 4 21:42:23 2007] : Dan: "OK, Ali, much as I'd prefer not to destroy research..."
[Tue Dec 4 21:42:58 2007] : Dan: "It's Transmutation, and they're weirdos, so you can burn whatever you like"
[Tue Dec 4 21:43:10 2007] : DM: ooc lollers!
[Tue Dec 4 21:43:23 2007] : Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Tue Dec 4 21:43:32 2007] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Dec 4 21:43:52 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's find a quiet spot here to rifle through them and select what we want to keep"
[Tue Dec 4 21:44:08 2007] : Dan: "I'd have gladly done it for them, but as they don't care my desire for research is piqued, but then I hate those green bastards so I don't care"
[Tue Dec 4 21:44:16 2007] : Dan: Dan grins
[Tue Dec 4 21:44:31 2007] : Adrin: Adrin unceremoniously dumps the body on the floor and takes a break
[Tue Dec 4 21:45:04 2007] : Dan: when dan said 'them' he pointed in the direction of the bears et al
[Tue Dec 4 21:45:34 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes through the papers, looking at every piece having to do with the experiments and sets apart all those that talk about how they were cionducted
[Tue Dec 4 21:45:39 2007] : Dan: "OK, pass them by me and I'll decide what's pertininent to proof and what's valuable as research"
[Tue Dec 4 21:45:47 2007] : Aliatra: "These we'd better burn here and now"
[Tue Dec 4 21:46:47 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes through them again with Dan
[Tue Dec 4 21:47:14 2007] : DM: There are accounts, the aforementioned pawnbroker receipts, notes on particularly experimental results and some detailed notes on precise forumlas and methods.
[Tue Dec 4 21:47:42 2007] : Adrin: "Are you finished yet?"
[Tue Dec 4 21:47:45 2007] : Dan: "OK, this lot can be burned"
[Tue Dec 4 21:48:00 2007] : Dan: Dan holds out the detailed notes
[Tue Dec 4 21:48:44 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes to the hearth (I imagine there is one somewhere) and burns them
[Tue Dec 4 21:48:50 2007] : DM: ooc basically you can go from giving the academy nothing, proving the experiments took place, to giving them information on how to perform some of the preliminary experiments all the way up to detailed instructions for the whole procedure.
[Tue Dec 4 21:49:17 2007] : DM: ooc what did you decide on?
[Tue Dec 4 21:49:33 2007] : Adrin: ooc I'd go for a little more than the minimum
[Tue Dec 4 21:49:46 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Just global descriptions about what kind of experiments, but no details
[Tue Dec 4 21:50:10 2007] : Aliatra: ooc So experiments and results, but no formulas
[Tue Dec 4 21:50:25 2007] : Dan: ooc we're not helping out the school of transmutation ;)
[Tue Dec 4 21:50:29 2007] : DM: ooc okay.
[Tue Dec 4 21:50:48 2007] : Adrin: ooc only a little more than the minimum, in case they give us more money :)
[Tue Dec 4 21:50:50 2007] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Dec 4 21:52:29 2007] : DM: Aliatra destroys the many of the research papers in a nearby brazier.
[Tue Dec 4 21:52:35 2007] : DM: Aliatra destroys many of the research papers in a nearby brazier.
[Tue Dec 4 21:52:58 2007] : DM: ooc are we done with the sewers now?
[Tue Dec 4 21:53:10 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Just about
[Tue Dec 4 21:53:17 2007] : Adrin: Adrin hoists the body one last time
[Tue Dec 4 21:53:22 2007] : Adrin: "Can we go now?"
[Tue Dec 4 21:53:25 2007] : Dan: "OK, let's grab that wolf on the way out"
[Tue Dec 4 21:53:34 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra picks up a defeated animal on their way to the exit
[Tue Dec 4 21:54:24 2007] : DM: ooc it was tied up, right?
[Tue Dec 4 21:54:25 2007] : Adrin: "Can that thing carry the body instead of me?"
[Tue Dec 4 21:54:40 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Yep
[Tue Dec 4 21:55:02 2007] : Dan: "We can try to make it Adrin"
[Tue Dec 4 21:56:26 2007] : Adrin: "Probably more trouble than its worth"
[Tue Dec 4 21:57:37 2007] : Dan: "I'll be glad of the fresh air once we get out!"
[Tue Dec 4 21:57:38 2007] : Aliatra: "Probably, yeah, and we'd have to heal it first, it's unconscious right now"
[Tue Dec 4 21:57:56 2007] : DM: Unsurprisingly, once you're outside again the crowds shun the party of adventures stinking of the sewers and leading a wolfman carrying a dead body.
[Tue Dec 4 21:58:03 2007] : Adrin: "Never mind, lets get out of here. Dans right about the air"
[Tue Dec 4 21:58:41 2007] : Adrin: ooc Dont know why. It sounds like a perfectly cromulant scene
[Tue Dec 4 21:59:06 2007] : Aliatra: ooc cromulant???
[Tue Dec 4 21:59:20 2007] : Dan: ooc It embiggens us in their sight
[Tue Dec 4 21:59:31 2007] : Adrin: ooc Simpsons reference :) lol@Craig
[Tue Dec 4 21:59:45 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks at the people, shrugs and takes off in the direction of the academy
[Tue Dec 4 22:00:00 2007] : DM: What next?
[Tue Dec 4 22:00:06 2007] : Adrin: "Can we stop by that sausage seller again?"
[Tue Dec 4 22:00:09 2007] : Dan: ooc made me really giggle bert
[Tue Dec 4 22:00:36 2007] : Dan: ooc brb
[Tue Dec 4 22:00:43 2007] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Dec 4 22:01:16 2007] : Adrin: ooc Head for the academy and see who is around
[Tue Dec 4 22:01:22 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Back to the acdademy, get our reward, have a sausage, a pie, a bath and a bed
[Tue Dec 4 22:02:00 2007] : DM: At the College of the Arcane you're greated (eventually, once someone tracks him down) by Ignace.
[Tue Dec 4 22:02:40 2007] : Ignace: "Ah, excellent you've captured one of the creatures alive! It will be most interesting to study it."
[Tue Dec 4 22:02:55 2007] : Ignace: "But what are you doing with that dead man? Ug."
[Tue Dec 4 22:03:00 2007] : Aliatra: "And we have the body of the culprit as well"
[Tue Dec 4 22:03:08 2007] : Aliatra: "Plus his notes"
[Tue Dec 4 22:03:42 2007] : Ignace: (the dead man forgotten) "Notes? I must see these. Give them here."
[Tue Dec 4 22:03:47 2007] : Adrin: "Thought you might like the body to cut up"
[Tue Dec 4 22:04:00 2007] : Adrin: "You do that kind of thing, dont you?"
[Tue Dec 4 22:04:37 2007] : Dan: "He killed himself, died a failure"
[Tue Dec 4 22:04:40 2007] : Aliatra: "We don't do this kind of thing for nothing: if you want the notes we want our reward"
[Tue Dec 4 22:05:41 2007] : Ignace: "Oh very well. As promised you can half a choice of some of the spare magic items we have spare."
[Tue Dec 4 22:06:11 2007] : Dan: "yes, the notes are extra to our deal"
[Tue Dec 4 22:06:20 2007] : Ignace: "But before that you must get cleaned up, we can't have you entering the college and trampling sewer filth on our carpets."
[Tue Dec 4 22:06:29 2007] : Dan: "The current deal was for an alive or dead creature"
[Tue Dec 4 22:07:37 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra lets Dan do the talking as she just stands there: filthy and armed to the teeth
[Tue Dec 4 22:07:48 2007] : Ignace: (Ignace eyes the notes greedily) "I can arrange a contract with the expedition. The available positions are filled but I could pull some strings..."
[Tue Dec 4 22:08:12 2007] : Adrin: "Sounds interesting"
[Tue Dec 4 22:08:44 2007] : Dan: Dan raises an eyebrow
[Tue Dec 4 22:09:17 2007] : Aliatra: "We were going there anyway, weren't we?"
[Tue Dec 4 22:09:39 2007] : Ignace: "Do we have a deal? The expedition is expected to be very lucritive, both in terms of research and artifacts."
[Tue Dec 4 22:10:36 2007] : Dan: "Lucrative for whom?"
[Tue Dec 4 22:11:13 2007] : Dan: "this is a college expedition, are not all rights to items and atrefacts waived?"
[Tue Dec 4 22:11:22 2007] : Dan: ooc atrefacts
[Tue Dec 4 22:11:27 2007] : Dan: ooc grrrrrr!
[Tue Dec 4 22:11:32 2007] : Ignace: "For you, the contract states you can retain most of the items of limited historical importance."
[Tue Dec 4 22:11:32 2007] : Adrin: ooc again?
[Tue Dec 4 22:11:58 2007] : Dan: "So we already have a contract?"
[Tue Dec 4 22:12:08 2007] : Ignace: "What need do wizards have for mere gold when the secrets of the ancients are to be discovered."
[Tue Dec 4 22:12:16 2007] : Dan: Dan raises his other eyebrow
[Tue Dec 4 22:12:22 2007] : Adrin: "Secrets are over-rated"
[Tue Dec 4 22:12:27 2007] : Ignace: "The contract would state that you can retain most of the items of limited historical importance."
[Tue Dec 4 22:12:40 2007] : Ignace: ooc sorry for the bad English
[Tue Dec 4 22:13:07 2007] : Dan: ooc just wondering if he's bluffing us is all
[Tue Dec 4 22:13:08 2007] : Aliatra: ooc np :)
[Tue Dec 4 22:13:50 2007] : Ignace: ooc sense motive modifier?
[Tue Dec 4 22:14:40 2007] : Dan: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+1] => [4,1] = (5)
[Tue Dec 4 22:14:44 2007] : Dan: ooc 1
[Tue Dec 4 22:14:53 2007] : Ignace: "The contract would be the same as that awarded to the party that's already been retained."
[Tue Dec 4 22:15:24 2007] : Dan: "So what happens to the other retained party?"
[Tue Dec 4 22:15:57 2007] : Ignace: "They've still keep their contract."
[Tue Dec 4 22:17:08 2007] : Aliatra: "You can never have too many heroes with an expedition like this"
[Tue Dec 4 22:17:30 2007] : Dan: "OK, so what's the remit? Won't they feel that we're moving in on their territory?"
[Tue Dec 4 22:18:09 2007] : Adrin: "Ah sod them. If they dont like it they can clear off"
[Tue Dec 4 22:18:22 2007] : Ignace: "You'll be required to clear any workings of anything dangerous and to secure the site from looters and bandits."
[Tue Dec 4 22:19:05 2007] : Aliatra: "Do you think we can do that?"
[Tue Dec 4 22:19:13 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra grins at Adrin and Dan
[Tue Dec 4 22:19:22 2007] : Dan: "I'm not sure that this contract is of equal value to the research to be honest"
[Tue Dec 4 22:20:30 2007] : Aliatra: "What do you mean"'
[Tue Dec 4 22:20:31 2007] : Ignace: "Fine. If you don't want to bargin. So be it."
[Tue Dec 4 22:21:05 2007] : Adrin: "Can we just agree to something? I need a bath"
[Tue Dec 4 22:21:38 2007] : Dan: "They were offering this contract to us for free before we took the other job. Now it costs us"
[Tue Dec 4 22:21:55 2007] : Dan: "I'm not sure that I understand the economics of the situation"
[Tue Dec 4 22:22:56 2007] : Ignace: The contract has been awared to someone else. It's no longer available.
[Tue Dec 4 22:23:42 2007] : Dan: "Well, we'll have to discuss this"
[Tue Dec 4 22:24:03 2007] : Dan: Dan nods to the others to quickly huddle
[Tue Dec 4 22:24:53 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra huddles
[Tue Dec 4 22:24:56 2007] : Adrin: (in huddle) "I'm happy with it. Chance of a fight and treasure sounds good to me"
[Tue Dec 4 22:25:32 2007] : Dan: "OK, I'm trying to shake them down. I want the contract, but at the best price for us possible"
[Tue Dec 4 22:25:57 2007] : Adrin: "I'm not sure if he'll budge"
[Tue Dec 4 22:26:06 2007] : Dan: "I agree, it looks like he's not budging."
[Tue Dec 4 22:26:30 2007] : Dan: "One of you can give him the good news"
[Tue Dec 4 22:26:35 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's just say yes, find us some treasure here and get Adrin some pie"
[Tue Dec 4 22:26:40 2007] : Dan: "I'm bored with him"
[Tue Dec 4 22:27:00 2007] : Aliatra: To Ignace: "We'll do it"
[Tue Dec 4 22:27:07 2007] : Dan: "OK, pie it is. I have to say I'm famished. What's pie like?"
[Tue Dec 4 22:27:27 2007] : Adrin: "Pie is .... pie"
[Tue Dec 4 22:27:31 2007] : Ignace: "Excellent. Return when you've cleanup yourself up and I'll have the contract drawn up."
[Tue Dec 4 22:28:12 2007] : Dan: "Is it sweet or savoury?"
[Tue Dec 4 22:28:15 2007] : Dan: ooc ;)
[Tue Dec 4 22:28:27 2007] : Aliatra: "We'll leave the body of your colleague here, so you can take care of him"
[Tue Dec 4 22:28:44 2007] : Adrin: "Either. Depends what you put in it"
[Tue Dec 4 22:28:49 2007] : DM: "Very well."
[Tue Dec 4 22:29:43 2007] : Dan: "Which is better then?"
[Tue Dec 4 22:30:36 2007] : DM: GAME END