Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Oct 23 19:45:11 2007] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Oct 23 19:45:30 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I always found that alcohol and colds do mix
[Tue Oct 23 19:45:48 2007] : Oona: ooc ok, so basically, we're looking for a lab, or chemicals, or failing that, a specimen of those animals?
[Tue Oct 23 19:45:52 2007] : Dan: "So do we look down this branch, or keep going ahead?"
[Tue Oct 23 19:46:31 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Yep, and there are some animals here that are not dead dead yet
[Tue Oct 23 19:47:29 2007] : DM: ooc they'll be dead if you don't do something quickly.
[Tue Oct 23 19:47:31 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's take every branch we see and have some fun"
[Tue Oct 23 19:47:44 2007] : Adrin: "How about someone keeps a watch here while the rest have a look down the side"
[Tue Oct 23 19:47:57 2007] : Aliatra: "Why?"
[Tue Oct 23 19:48:10 2007] : Dan: "Are we healing one of these up quickly, so that we have a live specimen?"
[Tue Oct 23 19:48:30 2007] : Dan: "We can take him back, then come back here?"
[Tue Oct 23 19:48:47 2007] : Aliatra: "Sure, tie one up, make sure it doesn't just die on us and leave it in a safe place"
[Tue Oct 23 19:50:13 2007] : Oona: "I say we" just go ahead. Talking isn't going to help right now"
[Tue Oct 23 19:50:23 2007] : Oona: "We're bound to find something down here aren't we?"
[Tue Oct 23 19:50:34 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks around for a not quite dead animal near here
[Tue Oct 23 19:50:55 2007] : Dan: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+1] => [9,1] = (10)
[Tue Oct 23 19:51:08 2007] : Dan: Dan tries to stem the bleeding on a wolf
[Tue Oct 23 19:51:09 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 0: Cure Minor Wounds (lvl 0) Cures 1 point of damage.
[Tue Oct 23 19:51:29 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra helps Dan
[Tue Oct 23 19:52:00 2007] : Oona has sent you a tree node...
[Tue Oct 23 19:52:42 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's tie hijm up and move on"
[Tue Oct 23 19:53:05 2007] : DM: One of the wolf creature is unconcious and stabilizes. The rest have now died.
[Tue Oct 23 19:53:20 2007] : Oona: ooc oh, they're all around us?
[Tue Oct 23 19:53:49 2007] : Dan: "I'll try to tie him"
[Tue Oct 23 19:53:51 2007] : Dan: Use Rope Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [12,5] = (17)
[Tue Oct 23 19:54:25 2007] : Adrin (enter): 19:54
[Tue Oct 23 19:55:11 2007] : Adrin: ooc just me got booted then?
[Tue Oct 23 19:55:24 2007] : DM: What next?
[Tue Oct 23 19:55:40 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I guess
[Tue Oct 23 19:55:50 2007] : Aliatra: "Are we ready to go?"
[Tue Oct 23 19:55:57 2007] : Oona: "I'll scout ahead"
[Tue Oct 23 19:56:14 2007] : Dan: "Do we take him to the Transmuter Igancae?"
[Tue Oct 23 19:56:17 2007] : Aliatra: "Don't go too far ehead"
[Tue Oct 23 19:56:18 2007] : Dan: ooc Ignace
[Tue Oct 23 19:56:22 2007] : Oona: Oona goes ahead, trying to keep to the occasional shadow
[Tue Oct 23 19:56:26 2007] : Adrin: ooc last thing I saw was someone asking what we should do
[Tue Oct 23 19:56:31 2007] : DM: Which way?
[Tue Oct 23 19:56:38 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [6,14] = (20)
[Tue Oct 23 19:56:38 2007] : Adrin: Booting '(4) Adrin' from server...
[Tue Oct 23 19:56:39 2007] : Adrin (exit): 19:56
[Tue Oct 23 19:56:43 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [18,13] = (31)
[Tue Oct 23 19:56:53 2007] : Aliatra: ooc One of the wolves stabilised and is now tied up, the other creatures all died
[Tue Oct 23 19:56:55 2007] : Oona: north first, turning east then
[Tue Oct 23 19:57:18 2007] : Oona: well, that is, depending on what I see :)
[Tue Oct 23 19:57:30 2007] : Oona: peeking around the corner
[Tue Oct 23 19:57:30 2007] : Dan: "Do we take him to the Transmuter Ignace? What if a friend comes along and unties him?"
[Tue Oct 23 19:57:32 2007] : DM: ooc rrr that would be the bit of the map I've not drawn
[Tue Oct 23 19:57:38 2007] : Oona: ooc nice square miniatures :)
[Tue Oct 23 19:57:45 2007] : Oona: ooc ok, west then :)
[Tue Oct 23 19:58:07 2007] : DM: ooc heh. You can't delete lines if they're too far to the right.
[Tue Oct 23 19:58:30 2007] : Oona: ooc peeking first, then continuing west. Is west fine?
[Tue Oct 23 19:58:55 2007] : Adrin: Disconnecting from server...
[Tue Oct 23 19:58:55 2007] : Adrin (exit): 19:58
[Tue Oct 23 19:59:10 2007] : DM: To the east the tunnel continues into the gloom.
[Tue Oct 23 19:59:33 2007] : DM: Before making a turn northwards again
[Tue Oct 23 20:00:20 2007] : Adrin (enter): 20:00
[Tue Oct 23 20:00:23 2007] : DM: ooc you entered from the west
[Tue Oct 23 20:00:28 2007] : Adrin: ooc feck!
[Tue Oct 23 20:00:30 2007] : Oona: ooc ahhhhhhhh
[Tue Oct 23 20:00:43 2007] : Oona: ooc ok, so you'd rather have me south?
[Tue Oct 23 20:00:49 2007] : Dan: ooc still playing up then Bert
[Tue Oct 23 20:00:50 2007] : Oona: ooc tell me, cos I can't know :D
[Tue Oct 23 20:01:05 2007] : DM: ooc there are 3 paths to explore, pick one. The all have something down them.
[Tue Oct 23 20:01:11 2007] : Adrin: ooc yeah, I'm back though next doors wireless again
[Tue Oct 23 20:01:27 2007] : Adrin: ooc roll 1d3
[Tue Oct 23 20:01:46 2007] : Oona: ok, I am then continuing east, while beckoning the others to follow
[Tue Oct 23 20:02:00 2007] : Oona: I don't feel so safe, so I turn on my "trap sense detector"
[Tue Oct 23 20:02:06 2007] : Oona: Search Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [10,13] = (23)
[Tue Oct 23 20:02:10 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [14,13] = (27)
[Tue Oct 23 20:02:14 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [16,14] = (30)
[Tue Oct 23 20:02:35 2007] : Dan: Dan follows Oona, trying to end up third in the line
[Tue Oct 23 20:02:53 2007] : Oona: Oona continues on carefully, looking at where she puts her feet, examining the tunnel's walls and all
[Tue Oct 23 20:03:01 2007] : Adrin: Adrin follows behind Oona
[Tue Oct 23 20:03:06 2007] : DM: The tunnel makes a number of curious twists and turns until you see it opens out into some sort of larger space.
[Tue Oct 23 20:03:21 2007] : DM: Listen checks
[Tue Oct 23 20:03:22 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra follows Oona from a distance, trying to keep her in sight
[Tue Oct 23 20:03:29 2007] : Aliatra: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [12,2] = (14)
[Tue Oct 23 20:03:41 2007] : Adrin: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [16,11] = (27)
[Tue Oct 23 20:03:48 2007] : Dan: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [5,5] = (10)
[Tue Oct 23 20:04:24 2007] : DM: ooc Oona, a listen check?
[Tue Oct 23 20:04:54 2007] : Oona: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [4,9] = (13)
[Tue Oct 23 20:05:22 2007] : Oona: ooc why can't I ever find the right skills? o.O
[Tue Oct 23 20:05:48 2007] : Adrin: ooc I always go to the wrong end of the Knowledge block
[Tue Oct 23 20:05:49 2007] : Oona: Oona is still hiding and moving as silently as she can
[Tue Oct 23 20:06:34 2007] : DM: The tunnel enters small space some 10-15 ft square the walls are all crooked and the ceiling is even lower than the tunnel walls.
[Tue Oct 23 20:07:20 2007] : DM: The tunnel contines off vaguely east but you see it soon narrows to 3 ft or less.
[Tue Oct 23 20:07:32 2007] : Oona: Oona tries and searches the place. Looking for anything odd-looking, like a secret door, or some markings on the wall, maybe a trap.
[Tue Oct 23 20:07:34 2007] : DM: Spot check Oona
[Tue Oct 23 20:07:36 2007] : Oona: Search Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [4,13] = (17)
[Tue Oct 23 20:07:38 2007] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [3,11] = (14)
[Tue Oct 23 20:07:49 2007] : Oona: ooc man, my rolls are fantastic. Rusty dice?
[Tue Oct 23 20:08:19 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Hannele hands Delphine some oil
[Tue Oct 23 20:08:49 2007] : Oona: ooc if I find nothing, I go on in the tunnel
[Tue Oct 23 20:09:01 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [16,14] = (30)
[Tue Oct 23 20:09:04 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [5,13] = (18)
[Tue Oct 23 20:09:08 2007] : DM: As you search the area you spot a stone that's been carefully worked free from the wall and then replace, there's no mortar holding it in place.
[Tue Oct 23 20:09:09 2007] : Oona: Search Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [19,13] = (32)
[Tue Oct 23 20:09:32 2007] : Oona: ooc which side of the room?
[Tue Oct 23 20:09:37 2007] : Oona: can you put my miniature there?
[Tue Oct 23 20:09:41 2007] : Oona: ooc thx :)
[Tue Oct 23 20:09:45 2007] : DM: ooc the north west side.
[Tue Oct 23 20:09:59 2007] : Adrin: "Found anything?"
[Tue Oct 23 20:10:10 2007] : DM: The stone is about half a foot square
[Tue Oct 23 20:10:13 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra waits for Oona to move on or signal
[Tue Oct 23 20:10:40 2007] : Oona: Oona takes her time to carefully look at the stone and see if anything is going to spring at her if she removes it, or something.
[Tue Oct 23 20:10:55 2007] : Oona: ooc trying to find a mechanism, a trap etc.
[Tue Oct 23 20:10:58 2007] : Oona: Search Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [5,13] = (18)
[Tue Oct 23 20:11:06 2007] : DM: You can tell it's been removed because it protrudes a bit and the exposed surfaces are clean of the slime and algae that coats the other surfaces.
[Tue Oct 23 20:11:11 2007] : Oona: ooc although I'd rather use the previous search roll :P
[Tue Oct 23 20:12:03 2007] : Oona: Oona takes the stone out slowly.
[Tue Oct 23 20:12:10 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Aren't trap searches rolled by the DM anyway?
[Tue Oct 23 20:12:13 2007] : DM: The stone is easily removed.
[Tue Oct 23 20:12:28 2007] : Aliatra: "What have you found?"
[Tue Oct 23 20:12:36 2007] : Oona: Oona looks into the excavation
[Tue Oct 23 20:12:49 2007] : Oona: "Not sure. Please stay back"
[Tue Oct 23 20:13:01 2007] : DM: It's dark but there's a faint breeze and the air smells fresher.
[Tue Oct 23 20:13:24 2007] : Oona: "OK, it's apparently a way out of some kind."
[Tue Oct 23 20:13:38 2007] : Oona: "Anyone has a light that we could pass in there?"
[Tue Oct 23 20:13:57 2007] : Oona: "At least it opens on something"
[Tue Oct 23 20:14:08 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra passes Oona her ring
[Tue Oct 23 20:14:13 2007] : Aliatra: "Try this"
[Tue Oct 23 20:14:51 2007] : Oona: Oona puts the ring on and extend her hand inside the excavation left by the stone
[Tue Oct 23 20:14:54 2007] : Dan (enter): 20:14
[Tue Oct 23 20:15:11 2007] : Oona: ooc ring of light?
[Tue Oct 23 20:15:26 2007] : DM: The light from the ring reveals a small store room stacked with boxes and crates.
[Tue Oct 23 20:15:31 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Yep, use the magic word and see the light
[Tue Oct 23 20:15:39 2007] : Dan: ooc what did I just miss? I had a BSOD
[Tue Oct 23 20:15:56 2007] : Adrin: "So how do they get in?"
[Tue Oct 23 20:16:01 2007] : Oona: "OK, there's a storage room. Not sure where it goes, or how one gets in."
[Tue Oct 23 20:16:01 2007] : Aliatra: ooc A loose stone, and a room behind it
[Tue Oct 23 20:16:15 2007] : Dan: Booting '(5) Dan' from server...
[Tue Oct 23 20:16:16 2007] : Dan (exit): 20:16
[Tue Oct 23 20:16:44 2007] : DM: You see a sturdy wooden door opposite and notice that some of the crates have been tipped over and there lids carefully removed, the bent nails just lying on the stone flags.
[Tue Oct 23 20:17:16 2007] : Oona: "there's a door on the other side. What I am not sure of is why anyone would make this opening"
[Tue Oct 23 20:17:28 2007] : Oona: Oona decribes the room
[Tue Oct 23 20:17:30 2007] : DM: In the thick dust in the room you see numerous tracks.
[Tue Oct 23 20:17:51 2007] : DM: ooc Knowledge: nature or Survival roll Oona.
[Tue Oct 23 20:18:07 2007] : Oona: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [18,6] = (24)
[Tue Oct 23 20:18:13 2007] : Aliatra: "Perhaps as a spy hole?"
[Tue Oct 23 20:18:24 2007] : Oona: "Could be, yes".
[Tue Oct 23 20:18:37 2007] : Adrin: "They'd notice a hole this big surely"
[Tue Oct 23 20:18:38 2007] : Oona: "But the tracks are... wait!"
[Tue Oct 23 20:19:03 2007] : Oona: "The tracks look very much like that of rats"
[Tue Oct 23 20:19:09 2007] : Aliatra: "Not if it's only used when nobody is there, or if it's in a wall that has no direct lightning"
[Tue Oct 23 20:19:41 2007] : Dan: "Maybe it's a trade hole"
[Tue Oct 23 20:20:02 2007] : Oona: Well, trade with rats?
[Tue Oct 23 20:20:08 2007] : Oona: I mean, there are no other tracks than that of rats.
[Tue Oct 23 20:20:10 2007] : Dan: "Either goods or money are passed either way"
[Tue Oct 23 20:20:13 2007] : Oona: "Normal rats that is"
[Tue Oct 23 20:20:27 2007] : Oona: "Rats that open crates and all".
[Tue Oct 23 20:20:28 2007] : DM: ooc brb
[Tue Oct 23 20:20:33 2007] : Oona: "strange"
[Tue Oct 23 20:20:45 2007] : Dan: ""Well, rats did not put that brick back in, so someone did it, tracks or no"
[Tue Oct 23 20:21:02 2007] : Aliatra: "You only see tracks of normal sized rats? And they supposedly opened crates? That sounds implausable"
[Tue Oct 23 20:21:11 2007] : Oona: "Oh, I agree about the hole. But there is a door on the other side."
[Tue Oct 23 20:21:19 2007] : Oona: "Yes Ali, agreed."
[Tue Oct 23 20:21:26 2007] : Oona: "but there are only rats tracks".
[Tue Oct 23 20:21:58 2007] : Aliatra: "Any secret door from here to get into that room?"
[Tue Oct 23 20:22:00 2007] : Oona: So either we just go on, or we try and solve the mystery of the room, by finding the entrance to it.
[Tue Oct 23 20:22:06 2007] : Oona: "Not that I see"
[Tue Oct 23 20:22:36 2007] : Adrin: "I say leave it and come back if we've time"
[Tue Oct 23 20:23:34 2007] : Aliatra: "Yes, we have more important goals to pursue"
[Tue Oct 23 20:23:37 2007] : Oona: "Agreed." Oona goes to replace the stone how it was.
[Tue Oct 23 20:24:11 2007] : DM: okay.
[Tue Oct 23 20:24:31 2007] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Oct 23 20:24:51 2007] : Oona: ooc could I make out the size of the room?
[Tue Oct 23 20:24:56 2007] : Oona: ooc and its shape?
[Tue Oct 23 20:25:04 2007] : Oona: ie. have an idea where the door would lead to?
[Tue Oct 23 20:26:19 2007] : DM: ooc You'd need to correlate the position below ground from the path of the sewers with what's topside. Need a skill roll for that, hmmm. which one...
[Tue Oct 23 20:27:04 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Isn't that part of Survival in 3.5?
[Tue Oct 23 20:27:06 2007] : Adrin (enter): 20:27
[Tue Oct 23 20:27:07 2007] : DM: ooc if you had profession: surveyor it would be trivial.
[Tue Oct 23 20:27:14 2007] : Oona: ooc I was just thinking I'd make out at least the shape of the room and position of the door from where I stand looking at it
[Tue Oct 23 20:27:24 2007] : Oona: ooc :P
[Tue Oct 23 20:27:36 2007] : Oona: ooc profession: architect :)
[Tue Oct 23 20:27:36 2007] : Adrin: Booting '(10) Adrin' from server...
[Tue Oct 23 20:27:37 2007] : Adrin (exit): 20:27
[Tue Oct 23 20:27:40 2007] : DM: ooc sorry, forgot to remove the fog
[Tue Oct 23 20:27:49 2007] : Oona: ooc that was what I meant :D
[Tue Oct 23 20:27:49 2007] : Dan: ooc survival I'd have thought - +2 competence if 5 or more ranks in Dungeoneering
[Tue Oct 23 20:27:51 2007] : Oona: ooc thanx
[Tue Oct 23 20:27:56 2007] : Dan: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+1] => [17,1] = (18)
[Tue Oct 23 20:28:03 2007] : Dan: ooc 20
[Tue Oct 23 20:28:43 2007] : DM: Okay.
[Tue Oct 23 20:29:52 2007] : DM: Where to next?
[Tue Oct 23 20:30:27 2007] : Oona: Oona goes on following the corridor
[Tue Oct 23 20:30:40 2007] : Dan: Dan keeps on following
[Tue Oct 23 20:30:45 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [20,14] = (34)
[Tue Oct 23 20:30:47 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [19,13] = (32)
[Tue Oct 23 20:30:51 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra follows
[Tue Oct 23 20:31:18 2007] : Adrin (enter): 20:31
[Tue Oct 23 20:31:29 2007] : Adrin: Booting '(12) Adrin' from server...
[Tue Oct 23 20:31:30 2007] : Adrin (exit): 20:31
[Tue Oct 23 20:31:32 2007] : DM: The tunnel narrows sharply to 3ft, stacked just inside the narrowed sewer are some planks of wood and other items.
[Tue Oct 23 20:32:30 2007] : Oona: OOna treads carefully on the wood, measuring her steps and making sure it's safe
[Tue Oct 23 20:32:34 2007] : Oona: Search Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [6,13] = (19)
[Tue Oct 23 20:32:37 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [14,13] = (27)
[Tue Oct 23 20:32:40 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [6,14] = (20)
[Tue Oct 23 20:32:59 2007] : DM: Crawling through the tunnel?
[Tue Oct 23 20:33:15 2007] : Oona: ooc ah sorry, 3 ft hight, the tunel?
[Tue Oct 23 20:33:19 2007] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Oct 23 20:33:23 2007] : Oona: I thought 3 feet wide.
[Tue Oct 23 20:33:31 2007] : DM: ooc 3ft in diameter
[Tue Oct 23 20:33:37 2007] : Oona: oki
[Tue Oct 23 20:33:56 2007] : Oona: then no.
[Tue Oct 23 20:34:24 2007] : Oona: "OK, this tunnel is getting way too narrow. Nothing really big can come this way for now, we might want to go and try the other side."
[Tue Oct 23 20:34:42 2007] : Aliatra: "Sure, if you say so"
[Tue Oct 23 20:34:44 2007] : Oona: Oona goes back to her companions
[Tue Oct 23 20:35:14 2007] : Oona: "Oona goes back all the way to the bigger room and sets east.
[Tue Oct 23 20:35:16 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [19,14] = (33)
[Tue Oct 23 20:35:21 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [4,13] = (17)
[Tue Oct 23 20:35:23 2007] : Dan: "I can send Freya down there"
[Tue Oct 23 20:35:39 2007] : Dan: Dan pulls out his weasel
[Tue Oct 23 20:35:41 2007] : Dan: ooc :P
[Tue Oct 23 20:35:48 2007] : Adrin: ooc oo-er
[Tue Oct 23 20:36:16 2007] : Oona: ooc oh ok.
[Tue Oct 23 20:36:30 2007] : Oona: ooc I save the moves for when Freia returns then
[Tue Oct 23 20:36:39 2007] : Oona: ooc or not
[Tue Oct 23 20:36:46 2007] : Oona: ooc I'm already gone Dan. :P
[Tue Oct 23 20:37:05 2007] : Dan: Dan sends Freya down the tunnel to reconnoitre
[Tue Oct 23 20:37:28 2007] : Oona: ooc or yes.
[Tue Oct 23 20:37:35 2007] : DM: Freya is only gone a a few minutes before it scurries back.
[Tue Oct 23 20:39:05 2007] : Dan: "OK, there are more rat people down there"
[Tue Oct 23 20:39:19 2007] : Dan: Dan enquires if the tunnel is straight
[Tue Oct 23 20:39:29 2007] : Adrin: "Is it too tight to get down?"
[Tue Oct 23 20:39:39 2007] : Aliatra: "At the end of that tunnel?"
[Tue Oct 23 20:39:58 2007] : Oona: ooc rat people? as in dead or alive rat people?
[Tue Oct 23 20:40:02 2007] : Oona: ooc what size?
[Tue Oct 23 20:40:50 2007] : Dan: "Hmm, actually there are normal sized rats in houses, but with weapons"
[Tue Oct 23 20:40:57 2007] : Dan: "Most odd"
[Tue Oct 23 20:41:06 2007] : Dan: "I suggest that we find another way in"
[Tue Oct 23 20:41:20 2007] : Dan: Dan tucks Freya away in his robes
[Tue Oct 23 20:41:27 2007] : Adrin: "Normal sized rats with weapons??"
[Tue Oct 23 20:41:30 2007] : Oona: "Agreed"
[Tue Oct 23 20:41:32 2007] : Dan: "Let's follow Oona"
[Tue Oct 23 20:41:35 2007] : Aliatra: "They can't be the wizards we want to find, can they?"
[Tue Oct 23 20:41:35 2007] : Oona: ooc back to the east tunnel
[Tue Oct 23 20:41:41 2007] : Dan: "Seemingly Adrin"
[Tue Oct 23 20:42:00 2007] : Dan: "Maybe the magic transforms them first, then enlarges them?"
[Tue Oct 23 20:42:12 2007] : Oona: Oona gives a skeptical look at Freya
[Tue Oct 23 20:42:18 2007] : Oona: "Right. Normal sized rats..."
[Tue Oct 23 20:42:19 2007] : Adrin: "Strange"
[Tue Oct 23 20:42:29 2007] : Aliatra: "Maybe ... I don't know about that kind of magic"
[Tue Oct 23 20:42:37 2007] : Oona: "Anyway, let's see if we can get in in another way maybe"
[Tue Oct 23 20:43:02 2007] : Aliatra: "Lead the way"
[Tue Oct 23 20:43:23 2007] : Dan: "I don't think that the rats are the wizards Ali"
[Tue Oct 23 20:43:36 2007] : Dan: "Just the subjects of their experimentation"
[Tue Oct 23 20:43:59 2007] : Oona: going to the next crossroads
[Tue Oct 23 20:44:03 2007] : Aliatra: "I hope you're right, because that would be way too freaky to my taste"
[Tue Oct 23 20:44:06 2007] : Oona: peeking right
[Tue Oct 23 20:44:08 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [2,13] = (15)
[Tue Oct 23 20:44:14 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [8,14] = (22)
[Tue Oct 23 20:44:16 2007] : Oona: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [11,9] = (20)
[Tue Oct 23 20:44:21 2007] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [7,11] = (18)
[Tue Oct 23 20:44:24 2007] : Dan: Dan follows with a 20 ft distance
[Tue Oct 23 20:44:26 2007] : Dan: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [10,5] = (15)
[Tue Oct 23 20:44:34 2007] : Dan: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [6,5] = (11)
[Tue Oct 23 20:44:43 2007] : DM: The other tunnel branches into two smaller tunnels 3-4 ft in diameter.
[Tue Oct 23 20:45:54 2007] : Oona: ooc ie. those I see in front and the one on my right?
[Tue Oct 23 20:46:12 2007] : Oona: "Seems we're not going to get much further on that side either"
[Tue Oct 23 20:46:27 2007] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Oct 23 20:46:35 2007] : Adrin: "Lets head back to the bigger tunnel"
[Tue Oct 23 20:47:08 2007] : Dan: "Shall I have freya look again?"
[Tue Oct 23 20:47:19 2007] : Aliatra: "Yes. please, just to make sure"
[Tue Oct 23 20:47:22 2007] : Oona: "Probably"
[Tue Oct 23 20:47:36 2007] : Dan: Dan sends Freya again to gather info
[Tue Oct 23 20:48:02 2007] : DM: Both tunnels are blocked after several 10s of ft.
[Tue Oct 23 20:48:49 2007] : Oona: "OK, back it is then"
[Tue Oct 23 20:49:02 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [19,14] = (33)
[Tue Oct 23 20:49:04 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [17,13] = (30)
[Tue Oct 23 20:49:12 2007] : Oona: ooc same old routine
[Tue Oct 23 20:49:13 2007] : Oona: Search Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [11,13] = (24)
[Tue Oct 23 20:51:25 2007] : DM: The sewer turns a bit before opening out into a large flooded space with a high vaulted ceiling. Two diagonal walkways cross the water to two other exits.
[Tue Oct 23 20:52:16 2007] : DM: Piles of detritus and rotting organic materials litter the floor.
[Tue Oct 23 20:52:16 2007] : Oona: Oona beckons to the others to join her
[Tue Oct 23 20:52:19 2007] : DM: Spot check.
[Tue Oct 23 20:52:24 2007] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [9,11] = (20)
[Tue Oct 23 20:52:39 2007] : Oona: ooc what's the white stuff?
[Tue Oct 23 20:52:39 2007] : Adrin: ooc just oona?
[Tue Oct 23 20:52:44 2007] : DM: ooc everyone else too.
[Tue Oct 23 20:52:50 2007] : Adrin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [9,7] = (16)
[Tue Oct 23 20:52:51 2007] : DM: ooc that's round the corner ;)
[Tue Oct 23 20:53:13 2007] : Adrin: ooc you'll need more than a 20 to see that
[Tue Oct 23 20:53:32 2007] : Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [9,5] = (14)
[Tue Oct 23 20:53:38 2007] : Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [16,2] = (18)
[Tue Oct 23 20:53:50 2007] : DM: There's the foul stench on the air, rotting flesh and alchemical substances.
[Tue Oct 23 20:54:16 2007] : Aliatra: "This stinks"
[Tue Oct 23 20:54:34 2007] : Oona: "Same old smell, isn't it?"
[Tue Oct 23 20:55:48 2007] : Dan: "Well, it's not one I'll be storing to remember in later life, if that's what you mean"
[Tue Oct 23 20:56:05 2007] : Adrin: "I've a feeling it stay with us for a few days though"
[Tue Oct 23 20:56:55 2007] : Oona: Oona treads carefully on the paths and takes the western one
[Tue Oct 23 20:57:03 2007] : Oona: ooc RAH
[Tue Oct 23 20:57:07 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's do what we came down here for and return to the streets as soon as possible"
[Tue Oct 23 20:57:10 2007] : Oona: oops
[Tue Oct 23 20:57:14 2007] : DM: ooc anyone following?
[Tue Oct 23 20:57:22 2007] : Oona: test
[Tue Oct 23 20:57:29 2007] : Aliatra: ooc yep, from a distance
[Tue Oct 23 20:57:37 2007] : Adrin: Adrin follows a few steps behind
[Tue Oct 23 20:57:43 2007] : DM: ooc how far behind?
[Tue Oct 23 20:57:50 2007] : Oona (exit): 20:57
[Tue Oct 23 20:57:50 2007] : Oona (enter): 20:57
[Tue Oct 23 20:58:00 2007] : Oona: test
[Tue Oct 23 20:58:01 2007] : Dan: Dan remains 20 ft behind
[Tue Oct 23 20:58:20 2007] : Adrin: ooc about 6-8ft
[Tue Oct 23 20:58:41 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra stays close to Dan, keeping Oona in her sight as much as possible
[Tue Oct 23 20:59:19 2007] : Oona: Disconnecting from server...
[Tue Oct 23 20:59:19 2007] : Oona (exit): 20:59
[Tue Oct 23 21:00:02 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Delphine will be right back, she couldn't see her own words anymore
[Tue Oct 23 21:00:36 2007] : Oona (enter): 21:00
[Tue Oct 23 21:00:48 2007] : Oona: strange
[Tue Oct 23 21:01:04 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Everything OK now?
[Tue Oct 23 21:01:15 2007] : Oona: ooc Yes, I see myself
[Tue Oct 23 21:01:33 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [17,14] = (31)
[Tue Oct 23 21:01:34 2007] : DM: Okay, Oona is ahead and everyone else is 20ft behind?
[Tue Oct 23 21:01:36 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [12,13] = (25)
[Tue Oct 23 21:01:42 2007] : Oona: Search Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [8,13] = (21)
[Tue Oct 23 21:01:52 2007] : Oona: ooc same as usual, being careful and all :)
[Tue Oct 23 21:01:53 2007] : Adrin: ooc yeah ok
[Tue Oct 23 21:01:55 2007] : DM: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [1,8] = (9)
[Tue Oct 23 21:01:56 2007] : DM: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [19,8] = (27)
[Tue Oct 23 21:02:34 2007] : DM: As Adrin steps onto the wooden walkway...
[Tue Oct 23 21:03:01 2007] : Adrin: ooc creak
[Tue Oct 23 21:05:38 2007] : DM: Two creatures, lurch out from the water and piles of detritus. They're a mass of greenish brown leaves and vines with a vaguely humanoid form with a stumpy, barrel-like body and ropey arms.
[Tue Oct 23 21:05:39 2007] : Oona: ooc oh my
[Tue Oct 23 21:05:42 2007] : Oona: they just got bigger
[Tue Oct 23 21:05:46 2007] : DM: They don't appear to have a head.
[Tue Oct 23 21:06:01 2007] : Dan: ooc knowledge??
[Tue Oct 23 21:06:02 2007] : DM: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [6,0] = (6)
[Tue Oct 23 21:06:09 2007] : Aliatra: "What?"
[Tue Oct 23 21:06:09 2007] : Oona: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [4,6] = (10)
[Tue Oct 23 21:06:13 2007] : DM: Knowledge: nature
[Tue Oct 23 21:06:14 2007] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+4] => [18,4] = (22)
[Tue Oct 23 21:06:25 2007] : Adrin: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [19,3] = (22)
[Tue Oct 23 21:06:40 2007] : Shambling mound: One of them lashes out with it's vine-like arms at Adrin.
[Tue Oct 23 21:06:42 2007] : Shambling mound: Slam (base): [1d20+11] => [14,11] = (25) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [3,4,5] = (12)
[Tue Oct 23 21:07:00 2007] : Shambling mound: The other flails wildy near Oona.
[Tue Oct 23 21:07:02 2007] : Shambling mound: [1d100] => [95] = (95)
[Tue Oct 23 21:07:10 2007] : Dan: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [16,6] = (22)
[Tue Oct 23 21:07:15 2007] : Shambling mound: And a lucky strike hits
[Tue Oct 23 21:07:17 2007] : Shambling mound: Slam (base): [1d20+11] => [19,11] = (30) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [4,4,5] = (13)
[Tue Oct 23 21:07:38 2007] : Adrin: "Argh"
[Tue Oct 23 21:07:41 2007] : Shambling mound: ooc that's 12 damage to Adrin (11 w/ DR) and 13 to Oona.
[Tue Oct 23 21:07:49 2007] : Shambling mound: Initiative.
[Tue Oct 23 21:07:54 2007] : Adrin: ooc you remembered! :)
[Tue Oct 23 21:08:07 2007] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [14,5] = (19)
[Tue Oct 23 21:08:11 2007] : Oona: ooc, lol, I just read the log abotu this!
[Tue Oct 23 21:08:17 2007] : Shambling mound: ooc you've cunningly put it in your status
[Tue Oct 23 21:08:17 2007] : Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+3] => [12,3] = (15)
[Tue Oct 23 21:08:20 2007] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [20,7] = (27)
[Tue Oct 23 21:08:27 2007] : Shambling mound: [1d20+0] => [12,0] = (12)
[Tue Oct 23 21:08:34 2007] : Oona: Initiative: [1d20+9] => [11,9] = (20)
[Tue Oct 23 21:08:34 2007] : Adrin: ooc hehe
[Tue Oct 23 21:09:30 2007] : DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Tue Oct 23 21:10:03 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra grabs her sword in both hands, moves forward and lays into Mound #2
[Tue Oct 23 21:10:09 2007] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+11] => [16,11] = (27) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [3,4,5] = (12)
[Tue Oct 23 21:10:33 2007] : DM: A solid hit, a chunk of material goes flying.
[Tue Oct 23 21:10:33 2007] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Oct 23 21:10:52 2007] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Oct 23 21:11:01 2007] : Oona: Oona strikes the vinelike arms with great force.
[Tue Oct 23 21:11:09 2007] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 acid] (base): [1d20+7] => [6,7] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [4,4] = (8)
[Tue Oct 23 21:11:11 2007] : Oona: White Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - OHand [1d6 cold] (base): [1d20+7] => [7,7] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d6+2] => [2,2] = (4)
[Tue Oct 23 21:11:19 2007] : Oona: ooc or not.
[Tue Oct 23 21:11:21 2007] : Oona: done.
[Tue Oct 23 21:11:37 2007] : DM: Your blows are turned aside by the tough hide of the monsters.
[Tue Oct 23 21:11:41 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Oct 23 21:12:25 2007] : Dan: Dan begins casting
[Tue Oct 23 21:13:05 2007] : DM: ooc done?
[Tue Oct 23 21:13:21 2007] : Dan: ooc sorry, yes
[Tue Oct 23 21:13:25 2007] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Oct 23 21:13:30 2007] : Dan: ooc was looking what spells I had left
[Tue Oct 23 21:13:32 2007] : Adrin: "Adrin activates his cloak and attacks"
[Tue Oct 23 21:13:37 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (base): [1d20+12] => [14,12] = (26) ===> Damage: [2d6+4] => [4,1,4] = (9)
[Tue Oct 23 21:13:37 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (second): [1d20+7] => [7,7] = (14) ===> Damage: [2d6+4] => [6,3,4] = (13)
[Tue Oct 23 21:13:58 2007] : Adrin: 5ft step towards #1 and done
[Tue Oct 23 21:14:25 2007] : DM: One hit has the monster bleeding a viscous sap-like fluid from the wound on it's arm.
[Tue Oct 23 21:14:43 2007] : Shambling mound: The monsters attack!
[Tue Oct 23 21:14:47 2007] : Shambling mound: Slam (base): [1d20+11] => [11,11] = (22) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [1,3,5] = (9)
[Tue Oct 23 21:14:47 2007] : Shambling mound: Slam (base): [1d20+11] => [3,11] = (14) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [2,2,5] = (9)
[Tue Oct 23 21:14:53 2007] : Shambling mound: Slam (base): [1d20+11] => [3,11] = (14) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [5,1,5] = (11)
[Tue Oct 23 21:14:54 2007] : Shambling mound: Slam (base): [1d20+11] => [12,11] = (23) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [6,1,5] = (12)
[Tue Oct 23 21:15:24 2007] : Shambling mound: The vines slam into Oona (9 damage) and Aliatra (12 damage).
[Tue Oct 23 21:15:32 2007] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Oct 23 21:16:01 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra attacks the same mound again
[Tue Oct 23 21:16:02 2007] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+11] => [15,11] = (26) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [3,5,5] = (13)
[Tue Oct 23 21:16:19 2007] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Oct 23 21:16:34 2007] : Oona: ooc what reach do these creatures have? ie. what can I see of their vine like arms?
[Tue Oct 23 21:16:39 2007] : DM: A good hit that has the monster shake in pain.
[Tue Oct 23 21:16:49 2007] : DM: ooc 10 ft reach
[Tue Oct 23 21:17:03 2007] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Oct 23 21:17:17 2007] : Oona: White Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 cold] (base): [1d20+7] => [10,7] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d6+4+1d6] => [6,4,6] = (16)
[Tue Oct 23 21:17:18 2007] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - OHand [1d6 acid] (base): [1d20+7] => [5,7] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+1d6] => [5,2,2] = (9)
[Tue Oct 23 21:17:29 2007] : Oona: 5ft step into the tunnel
[Tue Oct 23 21:17:43 2007] : DM: Again your blows are turned the the thick hide.
[Tue Oct 23 21:17:45 2007] : Oona: done.
[Tue Oct 23 21:17:47 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Oct 23 21:18:01 2007] : Dan: Dan finishes casting Augmented Summon Monster IV - Celestial Lion (Large magical beast): 54hp; 5 resist on acid, cold and electricity; Damage reduction 5/Magic; AC= 20; SR = 12; Darkvision 60'; Speed 40'
[Tue Oct 23 21:18:21 2007] : Dan: ooc mini is in the fow
[Tue Oct 23 21:18:42 2007] : Dan: ooc appears behind #2
[Tue Oct 23 21:18:50 2007] : Dan: Augmented Celestial Lion: Full attack (treat as magical):
Claw
[1d20+9] => [1,9] = (10) ==> Damage: [1d4+7] => [1,7] = (8)
Claw [1d20+9] => [12,9] = (21) ==> Damage: [1d4+7] => [4,7] = (11)
Bite [1d20+4] => [10,4] = (14) ==> Damage: [1d8+3] => [2,3] = (5)
Grapple attempt if bite attack hits - grapple check - [1d20+14] => [9,14] = (23)
Rake if successful:Rake [1d20+9] => [6,9] = (15) ==> Damage: [1d4+3] => [1,3] = (4)
Rake [1d20+9] => [13,9] = (22) ==> Damage: [1d4+3] => [1,3] = (4)

[Tue Oct 23 21:19:29 2007] : DM: The surface is treacherous underfoot, make a reflex save for the lion before attacking.
[Tue Oct 23 21:19:37 2007] : Dan: Augmented Celestial Lion: Reflex Save [1d20+7] => [13,7] = (20)
[Tue Oct 23 21:19:51 2007] : DM: ooc or a balance check I suppose, hmmm?
[Tue Oct 23 21:20:22 2007] : DM: One claw rakes away some of the leavey hide.
[Tue Oct 23 21:20:50 2007] : Dan: Dan casts again
[Tue Oct 23 21:21:04 2007] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 4 Missiles on one target: [4d4+4] => [4,4,3,2,4] = (17) damage
[Tue Oct 23 21:21:12 2007] : Dan: ooc on #1
[Tue Oct 23 21:21:25 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Oct 23 21:21:29 2007] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Oct 23 21:21:43 2007] : Adrin: Adrin steps towards #1 and attacks
[Tue Oct 23 21:21:47 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (base): [1d20+12] => [5,12] = (17) ===> Damage: [2d6+4] => [4,5,4] = (13)
[Tue Oct 23 21:21:47 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (second): [1d20+7] => [9,7] = (16) ===> Damage: [2d6+4] => [1,2,4] = (7)
[Tue Oct 23 21:21:59 2007] : DM: Miss
[Tue Oct 23 21:22:30 2007] : Shambling mound: One of the monsters turns it's attention to Adrin and lashes out with it's arms.
[Tue Oct 23 21:22:32 2007] : Shambling mound: Slam (base): [1d20+11] => [11,11] = (22) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [2,2,5] = (9)
[Tue Oct 23 21:22:33 2007] : Shambling mound: Slam (base): [1d20+11] => [5,11] = (16) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [6,1,5] = (12)
[Tue Oct 23 21:23:04 2007] : Shambling mound: An arm clonks you on the shoulder.
[Tue Oct 23 21:23:10 2007] : Shambling mound: The other continues to attack Aliatra
[Tue Oct 23 21:23:12 2007] : Shambling mound: Slam (base): [1d20+11] => [19,11] = (30) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [2,6,5] = (13)
[Tue Oct 23 21:23:12 2007] : Shambling mound: Slam (base): [1d20+11] => [15,11] = (26) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [6,4,5] = (15)
[Tue Oct 23 21:23:14 2007] : Adrin: "oof"
[Tue Oct 23 21:23:40 2007] : Shambling mound: The monster attempts to grapple Aliatra
[Tue Oct 23 21:23:43 2007] : Shambling mound: Grapple/constrict (base): [1d20+15] => [18,15] = (33) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] => [1,4,7] = (12)
[Tue Oct 23 21:24:09 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Opposed grapple check?
[Tue Oct 23 21:24:11 2007] : Shambling mound: ooc yep
[Tue Oct 23 21:24:16 2007] : Aliatra: Grapple (base): [1d20+10] => [20,10] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Oct 23 21:24:17 2007] : Aliatra: Critical hit? [1d20+10] => [15,10] = (25) ===> Damage: [2d1-2] => [1,1,-2] = (0)
[Tue Oct 23 21:24:52 2007] : Shambling mound: The vine-like arms wrap around Aliatra and squeeze tightly.
[Tue Oct 23 21:25:03 2007] : Shambling mound: Take 13 + 15 + 12 damage total
[Tue Oct 23 21:25:24 2007] : Shambling mound: ooc = 40
[Tue Oct 23 21:25:54 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra is bleeding profusely
[Tue Oct 23 21:26:04 2007] : DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Tue Oct 23 21:26:27 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra steps back and grabs a wand from her backpack
[Tue Oct 23 21:26:47 2007] : DM: ooc you're grappled
[Tue Oct 23 21:26:50 2007] : Oona: ooc aren't you grappled?
[Tue Oct 23 21:27:02 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Darn, I forgot
[Tue Oct 23 21:27:16 2007] : Oona: ooc it's the lack of oxygen due to constriction
[Tue Oct 23 21:27:22 2007] : Oona: ooc doers funky things to your brain ;-)
[Tue Oct 23 21:27:24 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra tries to break free
[Tue Oct 23 21:27:32 2007] : Aliatra: Str check: [1d20+4] => [17,4] = (21)
[Tue Oct 23 21:27:46 2007] : DM: ooc you can do a surprising amount while grappled, check page 156 of the PHB
[Tue Oct 23 21:27:52 2007] : Dan: ooc not constricted yet ;)
[Tue Oct 23 21:28:27 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra grabs in her backpack and gets a wand out
[Tue Oct 23 21:28:49 2007] : DM: Okay.
[Tue Oct 23 21:29:05 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Can I use it in this turn?
[Tue Oct 23 21:29:05 2007] : DM: ooc you mean pinned, Craig?
[Tue Oct 23 21:29:16 2007] : DM: ooc yes.
[Tue Oct 23 21:29:37 2007] : Dan: ooc Del said constricted
[Tue Oct 23 21:29:42 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra uses the wand on herself to try and heal her wounds
[Tue Oct 23 21:29:46 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Tue Oct 23 21:29:58 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Great roll, that :-(
[Tue Oct 23 21:30:17 2007] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Oct 23 21:30:35 2007] : Oona: ooc I suppose I can't flank the guy?
[Tue Oct 23 21:31:13 2007] : DM: ooc I think you can.
[Tue Oct 23 21:31:42 2007] : Oona: ooc ok, if I 5ft step in the funky thing, balance check, attack with two weapons
[Tue Oct 23 21:31:48 2007] : DM: ooc sneak attacks
[Tue Oct 23 21:31:48 2007] : Oona: ooc is all that possible?
[Tue Oct 23 21:31:56 2007] : DM: ooc yup!
[Tue Oct 23 21:32:02 2007] : Oona: Balance Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [9,7] = (16)
[Tue Oct 23 21:32:06 2007] : DM: fine
[Tue Oct 23 21:32:17 2007] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 acid] (base): [1d20+7] => [19,7] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [4,4] = (8)
[Tue Oct 23 21:32:17 2007] : Oona: Critical hit? [1d20+7] => [13,7] = (20) ===> Damage: [2d6+8] => [4,3,8] = (15)
[Tue Oct 23 21:32:18 2007] : Oona: White Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - OHand [1d6 cold] (base): [1d20+7] => [1,7] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d6+2] => [1,2] = (3)
[Tue Oct 23 21:32:32 2007] : Oona: ducking, piercing, slashing...: Sneak attack: [4d6] => [1,6,2,5] = (14)
[Tue Oct 23 21:32:58 2007] : Oona: done.
[Tue Oct 23 21:33:17 2007] : DM: Black sister bites deep into a vunerable spot and the wound oozes large quantities of sap.
[Tue Oct 23 21:33:31 2007] : Oona: ah ooc +1d6 acid
[Tue Oct 23 21:33:36 2007] : Oona: [1d6] => [3] = (3)
[Tue Oct 23 21:33:45 2007] : Oona: ooc just in case :)
[Tue Oct 23 21:33:52 2007] : DM: The shambling mound is looking nearly dead.
[Tue Oct 23 21:34:15 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Oct 23 21:34:20 2007] : Dan: Augmented Celestial Lion: Full attack (treat as magical):
Claw
[1d20+9] => [19,9] = (28) ==> Damage: [1d4+7] => [3,7] = (10)
Claw [1d20+9] => [6,9] = (15) ==> Damage: [1d4+7] => [1,7] = (8)
Bite [1d20+4] => [18,4] = (22) ==> Damage: [1d8+3] => [1,3] = (4)
Grapple attempt if bite attack hits - grapple check - [1d20+14] => [8,14] = (22)
Rake if successful:Rake [1d20+9] => [13,9] = (22) ==> Damage: [1d4+3] => [1,3] = (4)
Rake [1d20+9] => [15,9] = (24) ==> Damage: [1d4+3] => [3,3] = (6)

[Tue Oct 23 21:34:30 2007] : DM: Grapple/constrict (base): [1d20+15] => [15,15] = (30) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] => [2,4,7] = (13)
[Tue Oct 23 21:35:06 2007] : DM: The other is looking badly injured too.
[Tue Oct 23 21:35:28 2007] : Dan: Dan casts
[Tue Oct 23 21:35:32 2007] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 4 Missiles on one target: [4d4+4] => [3,1,1,2,4] = (11) damage
[Tue Oct 23 21:35:39 2007] : Dan: on #2
[Tue Oct 23 21:35:46 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Oct 23 21:36:30 2007] : DM: The mound quivers and moans in pain before collapsing with a big splash, showering everyone nearby with the filthy water.
[Tue Oct 23 21:36:36 2007] : Dan: ooc brb, reckon the dog needs a wee
[Tue Oct 23 21:36:56 2007] : Adrin: ooc its a lion and do summons need to pee?
[Tue Oct 23 21:37:08 2007] : DM: Fortitude save for Aliatra.
[Tue Oct 23 21:37:11 2007] : Adrin: ooc and this is the sewers anyway
[Tue Oct 23 21:37:12 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Hahaha
[Tue Oct 23 21:37:17 2007] : Aliatra: Fortitude save: [1d20+9] => [4,9] = (13)
[Tue Oct 23 21:37:17 2007] : Oona: ooc if I was flanking, the crit would have been 22 to attack. Maybe I killed it then?
[Tue Oct 23 21:37:36 2007] : DM: ooc it was a crit
[Tue Oct 23 21:37:41 2007] : Oona: ooc k.
[Tue Oct 23 21:37:58 2007] : Oona: ooc was not sure what hit it :)
[Tue Oct 23 21:38:04 2007] : Dan: ooc back - was right ;)
[Tue Oct 23 21:38:07 2007] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Oct 23 21:38:24 2007] : Adrin: Adrin tries to finish off #1
[Tue Oct 23 21:38:25 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (base): [1d20+12] => [20,12] = (32) ===> Damage: [2d6+4] => [3,2,4] = (9)
[Tue Oct 23 21:38:26 2007] : Adrin: Critical hit? [1d20+12] => [6,12] = (18) ===> Damage: [4d6+8] => [2,3,1,3,8] = (17)
[Tue Oct 23 21:38:26 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (second): [1d20+7] => [9,7] = (16) ===> Damage: [2d6+4] => [2,4,4] = (10)
[Tue Oct 23 21:38:26 2007] : Oona: ooc (the baby is saying hello, and waving --or rather kicking with its little feet ;-) )
[Tue Oct 23 21:38:56 2007] : DM: ooc I kick back (gently) :)
[Tue Oct 23 21:39:14 2007] : Oona: ooc lol
[Tue Oct 23 21:39:21 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Tell the baby hi from me :-)
[Tue Oct 23 21:39:22 2007] : DM: Adrin's attack finishes off the other mound and it too dies.
[Tue Oct 23 21:39:34 2007] : Oona: ooc yay!
[Tue Oct 23 21:39:38 2007] : Adrin: "They were quite big."
[Tue Oct 23 21:39:42 2007] : Aliatra: "What were those?"
[Tue Oct 23 21:39:54 2007] : Oona: ooc I love it when I FINALLY actually touch and kill -- or almost :)
[Tue Oct 23 21:39:55 2007] : Dan: "Well, these sewers are full of surprises"
[Tue Oct 23 21:39:56 2007] : DM: Adrin and Oona are also splattered with the foul water. (for t saves)
[Tue Oct 23 21:40:03 2007] : Dan: "Is everyone OK?"
[Tue Oct 23 21:40:10 2007] : Adrin: Fortitude save: [1d20+8] => [6,8] = (14)
[Tue Oct 23 21:40:11 2007] : Oona: Fortitude save: [1d20+6] => [19,6] = (25)
[Tue Oct 23 21:40:35 2007] : Oona: Oona gets back on the path.
[Tue Oct 23 21:41:01 2007] : DM: Now you're not being attacked by ravenous shambling mounds you can get and better look of this room.
[Tue Oct 23 21:41:02 2007] : Oona: "I need some healing. Or should I just take a potion?"
[Tue Oct 23 21:41:42 2007] : Aliatra: "I can help you"
[Tue Oct 23 21:41:46 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Tue Oct 23 21:41:50 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Tue Oct 23 21:41:52 2007] : Oona: "That would be grand, thank you."
[Tue Oct 23 21:41:58 2007] : Aliatra: ooc How much down?
[Tue Oct 23 21:42:06 2007] : Dan: Dan starts searching the corpses
[Tue Oct 23 21:42:08 2007] : Adrin: ooc how many charges left on the wand?
[Tue Oct 23 21:42:11 2007] : Oona: ooc down 22
[Tue Oct 23 21:42:15 2007] : Oona: ooc well, 21 now
[Tue Oct 23 21:42:20 2007] : Aliatra: ooc 26
[Tue Oct 23 21:42:26 2007] : DM: Pilled in the corner is a mound of animal-like corpses, mostly reduced to skeletons. Amongts the bodies are large (3 feet and more in diameter and height) glass vessels, all cracked and in pieces.
[Tue Oct 23 21:42:40 2007] : Dan: Search Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [13,7] = (20)
[Tue Oct 23 21:42:49 2007] : Dan: ooc take 20 = 27
[Tue Oct 23 21:43:02 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Never mind, forget the wand on Oona
[Tue Oct 23 21:43:08 2007] : Adrin: Adrin is bleeding from several wounds (down 29)
[Tue Oct 23 21:43:18 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 2: Cure Moderate Wounds (lvl 2) Cures 2d8 damage +1/lvl (max +10) [2d8+3] => [8,6,3] = (17).
[Tue Oct 23 21:43:29 2007] : Aliatra: ooc For Oona
[Tue Oct 23 21:43:42 2007] : Oona: ooc great thanx
[Tue Oct 23 21:43:43 2007] : Adrin: "I'll take a potion. Got a few in my bag"
[Tue Oct 23 21:43:58 2007] : DM: ooc 700 XP each.
[Tue Oct 23 21:43:59 2007] : Oona: ooc perfect 22 :)
[Tue Oct 23 21:44:08 2007] : Adrin: "May as well save those spells"
[Tue Oct 23 21:44:16 2007] : Adrin: Cure Moderate Wounds: [2d8+3] => [2,4,3] = (9)
[Tue Oct 23 21:44:29 2007] : DM: Are you searching through the corpse pile, Dan?
[Tue Oct 23 21:44:39 2007] : Adrin: "I think that one was a bit off"
[Tue Oct 23 21:44:49 2007] : Oona: Oona helps Dan look
[Tue Oct 23 21:45:10 2007] : Adrin: Cure Moderate Wounds: [2d8+3] => [7,6,3] = (16)
[Tue Oct 23 21:45:18 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra takes a potion herself
[Tue Oct 23 21:45:21 2007] : Oona: Take 20 on Search +13=33
[Tue Oct 23 21:45:31 2007] : Aliatra: [2d8+2] => [5,6,2] = (13)
[Tue Oct 23 21:45:54 2007] : Adrin: "That was better"
[Tue Oct 23 21:46:20 2007] : Dan: ooc checking the mounds
[Tue Oct 23 21:46:27 2007] : Oona: ooc brb
[Tue Oct 23 21:46:58 2007] : DM: The shambing mounds have nothing of interest.
[Tue Oct 23 21:47:13 2007] : Aliatra: "I'd better use thad wand again"
[Tue Oct 23 21:47:18 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [7,1] = (8)
[Tue Oct 23 21:47:21 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [5,1] = (6)
[Tue Oct 23 21:47:40 2007] : Adrin: "You took a hell of a beating there Ali"
[Tue Oct 23 21:48:15 2007] : Aliatra: "Yes, and I'm still not good"
[Tue Oct 23 21:48:27 2007] : Aliatra: "Those things were strong"
[Tue Oct 23 21:48:35 2007] : Adrin: "You want one of my potions?"
[Tue Oct 23 21:49:06 2007] : Oona: "I have a potion too if you need"
[Tue Oct 23 21:49:12 2007] : Aliatra: "The wand still has charges. Just remind me to buy another when we're done here"
[Tue Oct 23 21:49:15 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [4,1] = (5)
[Tue Oct 23 21:49:17 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Tue Oct 23 21:49:33 2007] : Dan: "We'll all put in for one"
[Tue Oct 23 21:49:58 2007] : Dan: "After all, we benefit, even if it's not us that get hurt"
[Tue Oct 23 21:50:34 2007] : Aliatra: "Just make sure you have potions to help me if necessary, since none can use that wand but me"
[Tue Oct 23 21:50:37 2007] : Adrin: "Its definately useful"
[Tue Oct 23 21:51:30 2007] : Oona: ooc cna't Dan use it?
[Tue Oct 23 21:51:37 2007] : Oona: ooc can't
[Tue Oct 23 21:52:26 2007] : Dan: ooc no, but you might be able to if you have ranks in use magic device
[Tue Oct 23 21:53:02 2007] : Oona: ooc nope, I have none.
[Tue Oct 23 21:53:26 2007] : Aliatra: ooc As a rule you can only use wands for spells that you might some day be able to cast
[Tue Oct 23 21:53:50 2007] : Adrin: ooc really?
[Tue Oct 23 21:54:06 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Only you have use magic device
[Tue Oct 23 21:54:13 2007] : Oona: ooc then use magic device is useless?
[Tue Oct 23 21:54:43 2007] : Oona: ooc anything in that mound of corpses DM?
[Tue Oct 23 21:54:45 2007] : Aliatra: ooc So wand of curing can be used by clerics, but not by wizards
[Tue Oct 23 21:55:10 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Use magic device helps you to use wands that would otherwise be useless to you
[Tue Oct 23 21:55:13 2007] : Dan: ooc but use magic device allows you to use items for which you have no abilities
[Tue Oct 23 21:55:33 2007] : DM: While you're searching that disgusting mess of bones and decaying matter and broken glass something darts out and strike at your hand.
[Tue Oct 23 21:55:40 2007] : DM: Reflex save Oona.
[Tue Oct 23 21:55:42 2007] : Adrin: ooc strange
[Tue Oct 23 21:56:16 2007] : Oona: Reflex save: [1d20+11] => [7,11] = (18)
[Tue Oct 23 21:57:00 2007] : DM: You snatch your hand back and the small arthropod scuttles deeper into the pile.
[Tue Oct 23 21:57:09 2007] : DM: Continuing to search?
[Tue Oct 23 21:57:14 2007] : Adrin: "What was that?"
[Tue Oct 23 21:57:18 2007] : Oona: "What the hell?!"
[Tue Oct 23 21:57:23 2007] : Oona: "There's something in there"
[Tue Oct 23 21:57:41 2007] : Oona: ooc what the heck is an arthropod? :D
[Tue Oct 23 21:57:50 2007] : Dan: "Let's move this stuff apart a bit"
[Tue Oct 23 21:58:00 2007] : Aliatra: "Without hands"
[Tue Oct 23 21:58:03 2007] : Dan: Dan uses his sword to move the pile around
[Tue Oct 23 21:58:16 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra uses her sword to tease the pile apart
[Tue Oct 23 21:58:25 2007] : DM: ooc a hard-shelled creature with jointed legs, spiders, insects and bugs are all arthropods.
[Tue Oct 23 21:59:15 2007] : Oona: Oona uses her swords to move the mess around. Looking intently to make sure no insect-like creature gets to her
[Tue Oct 23 21:59:23 2007] : DM: Your more cautious searching eventually turns up a strange stone about the size of an egg put all rough and knobbly at the bottom of one of the broken glass jars.
[Tue Oct 23 21:59:50 2007] : DM: The stone is blue and glows with a pale light.
[Tue Oct 23 21:59:59 2007] : Oona: "Now that's strange"
[Tue Oct 23 22:00:21 2007] : Dan: "Can I have a look?"
[Tue Oct 23 22:00:57 2007] : DM: Some of the smaller jars still contain the corpses of dead rats and mice, in various stages of advancement, some wholy rat-like and some with obvious human-like hands and other inbetween.
[Tue Oct 23 22:01:30 2007] : DM: As you handle the stone you feel a pleasant soothing warmth.
[Tue Oct 23 22:01:48 2007] : Aliatra: "These experiments seem cruel to me"
[Tue Oct 23 22:02:00 2007] : Adrin: "They're only rats"
[Tue Oct 23 22:02:09 2007] : Oona: "Human rats"
[Tue Oct 23 22:02:14 2007] : Oona: "or rattish humans"
[Tue Oct 23 22:02:22 2007] : Adrin: "Not to start with"
[Tue Oct 23 22:02:25 2007] : Dan: ooc who is handling the stone?
[Tue Oct 23 22:02:50 2007] : DM: ooc I assumed Oona and you were...
[Tue Oct 23 22:03:01 2007] : Dan: ooc I never touched it yet
[Tue Oct 23 22:03:20 2007] : DM: ooc my mistake
[Tue Oct 23 22:03:24 2007] : Oona: ooc neither did I.
[Tue Oct 23 22:03:44 2007] : DM: ooc pretend I didn't imply it was beneficial and completely harmless ;)
[Tue Oct 23 22:03:46 2007] : Adrin: ooc well it wasn't me
[Tue Oct 23 22:03:52 2007] : Oona: ooc I was devising some strange scheme to carry the broken jar with both my swords, but found it too complicated :)
[Tue Oct 23 22:03:53 2007] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Oct 23 22:04:07 2007] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Oct 23 22:04:11 2007] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Detect Magic (level 0): Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
[Tue Oct 23 22:04:36 2007] : Oona: Oona grabs the broken jar with the tip of her fingers and holds the jar to Dan
[Tue Oct 23 22:04:56 2007] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+17] => [8,17] = (25)
[Tue Oct 23 22:04:59 2007] : Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [12,15] = (27)
[Tue Oct 23 22:05:46 2007] : Dan: "The jars and bones show feint traces of magic. The stone is magical, and with a reasonable level of magic too"
[Tue Oct 23 22:05:57 2007] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Oct 23 22:06:31 2007] : Aliatra: "What kind of magic?"
[Tue Oct 23 22:06:41 2007] : Dan: Dan handles the stone with his robe sleeve and pops it in his haversack"
[Tue Oct 23 22:07:03 2007] : Dan: "It seems to have healing properties"
[Tue Oct 23 22:07:38 2007] : Dan: "You can try holdin git if you wish, but I am unwilling to risk it at present without further study"
[Tue Oct 23 22:07:42 2007] : Adrin: "Its a glowing stone. Are you really surprised its magic?"
[Tue Oct 23 22:08:00 2007] : Aliatra: "Healing? Really? That's nice"
[Tue Oct 23 22:08:01 2007] : Dan: "Not really, but mys spell tells me more than that"
[Tue Oct 23 22:08:24 2007] : Dan: "Yes, one of you guys could do with something like that"
[Tue Oct 23 22:08:33 2007] : Dan: "Shall we move on?"
[Tue Oct 23 22:08:46 2007] : Aliatra: "Yes, let's"
[Tue Oct 23 22:09:56 2007] : Oona: "Should we take some piece of jar glass?"
[Tue Oct 23 22:10:05 2007] : Oona: "For the magesback in town to use?"
[Tue Oct 23 22:10:12 2007] : Oona: "or study, rather?"
[Tue Oct 23 22:10:40 2007] : DM: ooc you could take one of the smaller complete jars. They're only jam jar sized.
[Tue Oct 23 22:10:49 2007] : Aliatra: "Do you really feel like walking around with shards of glass?"
[Tue Oct 23 22:12:01 2007] : Oona: Oona takes a jar glass that she puts in her backpack,
[Tue Oct 23 22:12:30 2007] : Dan: "Shall we continue?"
[Tue Oct 23 22:12:36 2007] : Adrin: ooc hello?
[Tue Oct 23 22:12:38 2007] : Oona: "Yes, let us go on"
[Tue Oct 23 22:12:47 2007] : DM: ooc ?olleh
[Tue Oct 23 22:13:09 2007] : Aliatra: "Yes, let's"
[Tue Oct 23 22:13:15 2007] : DM: GAME END