Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Oct 9 19:22:00 2007] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Oct 9 19:23:55 2007] : DM: You're all sitting the "The Duke's Boot" pub in one of the better parts of Westharbour. Franseza has just left after informing you that you're to collect your pay from the Office of the Interior in Sothven.
[Tue Oct 9 19:24:17 2007] : Adrin: "So, when do we go get paid?"
[Tue Oct 9 19:25:23 2007] : Aliatra: "Apparently not until we collect it ourselves"
[Tue Oct 9 19:25:57 2007] : Adrin: "Well, I figured that much out myself!"
[Tue Oct 9 19:26:06 2007] : Dan: "Well, I have to say that she'll have to do some sweetening to get me to work for her again!"
[Tue Oct 9 19:26:24 2007] : Aliatra: "You said it!"
[Tue Oct 9 19:27:31 2007] : Adrin: "Whats the travel time to Sothven?"
[Tue Oct 9 19:27:54 2007] : DM: ooc about 5-6 days
[Tue Oct 9 19:28:04 2007] : Dan: "I've no idea"
[Tue Oct 9 19:28:21 2007] : DM: ooc you have been to Sothven already so you should know.
[Tue Oct 9 19:28:24 2007] : Dan: "We took a bit of a roundabout route last time"
[Tue Oct 9 19:28:52 2007] : Adrin: "Have we anything else to do there?"
[Tue Oct 9 19:28:53 2007] : Aliatra: "So we know the maximum travel time"
[Tue Oct 9 19:29:01 2007] : DM: ooc you can back the direct route though. Although you did get your horses toasted by a dragon.
[Tue Oct 9 19:29:10 2007] : DM: ooc you came back the ...
[Tue Oct 9 19:29:12 2007] : Dan: "We could see if they'll buy any more ingots"
[Tue Oct 9 19:29:16 2007] : Aliatra: "Collect the metals and our horses"
[Tue Oct 9 19:29:55 2007] : Dan: ooc our horses were here, we hired some in Sothven
[Tue Oct 9 19:30:35 2007] : Adrin: "Oh yeah, horses. Hmmmm"
[Tue Oct 9 19:30:58 2007] : Adrin: "They didn't fare too well did they"
[Tue Oct 9 19:31:07 2007] : Aliatra: ooc That's what I meant: collect our horses here to take them with us to Sothven
[Tue Oct 9 19:31:09 2007] : Dan: "Not seeing anything else calling us I suggest we go and get our money"
[Tue Oct 9 19:31:29 2007] : Dan: "Wouldn't want to take too long and her forget who we are"
[Tue Oct 9 19:31:38 2007] : Aliatra: "If we don't need to do anything here we'd better hire a cart and be on our way"
[Tue Oct 9 19:31:40 2007] : DM: ooc brb
[Tue Oct 9 19:31:56 2007] : Dan: "Why do we need a cart?"
[Tue Oct 9 19:31:59 2007] : Adrin: "Do we need to bring a cart again?"
[Tue Oct 9 19:32:12 2007] : Aliatra: "For the ingots"
[Tue Oct 9 19:32:35 2007] : Aliatra: ooc They're still here, aren't they?
[Tue Oct 9 19:32:44 2007] : Dan: ooc didn't we already take that to Sothven
[Tue Oct 9 19:32:48 2007] : Dan: ?
[Tue Oct 9 19:33:07 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Last time we left here we fled
[Tue Oct 9 19:34:29 2007] : Dan: "OK, let's hire a cart and a draughthorse"
[Tue Oct 9 19:34:34 2007] : DM: ooc I'm fairly sure the ingots are still in a warehouse here in Westharbour
[Tue Oct 9 19:35:14 2007] : Adrin: "Alright"
[Tue Oct 9 19:35:23 2007] : Aliatra: ooc So am I, we were discussing how to get them with us to the capital when we got arrested and subsequently fled
[Tue Oct 9 19:35:42 2007] : Adrin: ooc and adrin battered himself against a door repeatedly
[Tue Oct 9 19:35:58 2007] : Aliatra: ooc As a barbarian is wont to do
[Tue Oct 9 19:36:22 2007] : Adrin: ooc well, to be fair there wasn't really a lot else for him to do
[Tue Oct 9 19:36:32 2007] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Oct 9 19:37:16 2007] : Aliatra: "So we hire a cart and draughthorse or ox, get a good night's sleep and pick up ingots and horses tomorrow morning?"
[Tue Oct 9 19:37:23 2007] : DM: A horse and cart is easily found.
[Tue Oct 9 19:37:37 2007] : Adrin: ooc what time would it be?
[Tue Oct 9 19:38:24 2007] : DM: Early evening
[Tue Oct 9 19:39:00 2007] : Adrin: "Ok. No point starting out now. Early night and early start?
[Tue Oct 9 19:39:18 2007] : Dan: "Yes, an excellent proposition"
[Tue Oct 9 19:39:27 2007] : Adrin: ooc can we arrange to have everything loaded for us leaving early morning?
[Tue Oct 9 19:39:43 2007] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Oct 9 19:41:02 2007] : Adrin: Adrin arranges for early wake-up calls for the three of them
[Tue Oct 9 19:43:03 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra enjoys a hot bath, nice meal and quiet night
[Tue Oct 9 19:43:11 2007] : DM: DM leans heavily on the FFWD button.
[Tue Oct 9 19:43:32 2007] : Adrin: ooc was just about to suggest that
[Tue Oct 9 19:43:32 2007] : DM: 5 days later you reach the capital city of the kingdom, Sothven.
[Tue Oct 9 19:43:46 2007] : Adrin: ooc that WAS heavily!
[Tue Oct 9 19:44:18 2007] : Adrin: "Its amazing how quickly the days pass"
[Tue Oct 9 19:44:51 2007] : Aliatra: "Times flies when you're having fun"
[Tue Oct 9 19:45:17 2007] : Adrin: "Kinda dull journey actually."
[Tue Oct 9 19:45:33 2007] : Dan: "Nothing wrong with dull!"
[Tue Oct 9 19:45:41 2007] : Aliatra: "I like not having to fight"
[Tue Oct 9 19:46:30 2007] : Adrin: "yeah, but you two prefer the safer side of life"
[Tue Oct 9 19:47:04 2007] : Adrin: "What is safety without a little risk now and again?"
[Tue Oct 9 19:47:05 2007] : Aliatra: "I prefer the living side of life"
[Tue Oct 9 19:47:23 2007] : DM: While you were travelling you met a merchant you suggested you look up "Yolande and Company" , traders, importers and exporters of metals, ores and metalwork.
[Tue Oct 9 19:47:44 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's go and find Yolanda"
[Tue Oct 9 19:47:55 2007] : Aliatra: Yolande
[Tue Oct 9 19:48:05 2007] : Dan: "We get risk enough Adrin. I don't know if you noticed"
[Tue Oct 9 19:48:20 2007] : Dan: "Not two weeks ago we could have died in many ways"
[Tue Oct 9 19:48:32 2007] : Adrin: "You should get out of that armour once in a while. "
[Tue Oct 9 19:48:32 2007] : Dan: "I personally am glad of a break from mortal peril"
[Tue Oct 9 19:48:45 2007] : Adrin: "But we didn't die, did we?"
[Tue Oct 9 19:48:52 2007] : DM: ooc cue mortal peril!
[Tue Oct 9 19:49:09 2007] : Dan: Dan follows Ali
[Tue Oct 9 19:49:13 2007] : Aliatra: "Nope and I want to keep it that way, even if I have to fight to make it so"
[Tue Oct 9 19:49:21 2007] : Adrin: "But without the mortal peril you wouldn't appreciate this break, would you?"
[Tue Oct 9 19:49:40 2007] : Aliatra: "And you don't even appreciate this break, now do you?"
[Tue Oct 9 19:50:18 2007] : Adrin: "We had enough of an easy time on the ship."
[Tue Oct 9 19:50:25 2007] : DM: Yolande and Co. occupy an impressive office on the river side. The latest in understated style.
[Tue Oct 9 19:50:34 2007] : Adrin: "I'm just getting itchy now"
[Tue Oct 9 19:51:27 2007] : Aliatra: "Have no fear, I'm certain we be in danger again before long"
[Tue Oct 9 19:51:52 2007] : Adrin: The architecture completely passes Adrin by
[Tue Oct 9 19:52:02 2007] : Adrin: "Oh, now you're just teasing me"
[Tue Oct 9 19:52:08 2007] : Dan: "Yes I agree. Just learn to enjoy it while it's easy Adrin"
[Tue Oct 9 19:52:38 2007] : Dan: Dan looks at the building with an unimpressed expression
[Tue Oct 9 19:52:45 2007] : Aliatra: "Not really, we're not the kind of people to live quietly ever after"
[Tue Oct 9 19:52:48 2007] : Dan: Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [17,6] = (23)
[Tue Oct 9 19:53:03 2007] : Aliatra: "This is it, then?"
[Tue Oct 9 19:53:07 2007] : Dan: ooc where do we hit it to make it fall down ;)
[Tue Oct 9 19:53:13 2007] : DM: ooc lollers!
[Tue Oct 9 19:53:46 2007] : Dan: "Speak for yourself Ali"
[Tue Oct 9 19:54:01 2007] : DM: Although the building looks impressive you wonder it's it's actually stable being situated so close to the river on what you presume are aluvial deposits.
[Tue Oct 9 19:54:23 2007] : Dan: "Once I am more capable I intend to return to the Eyrie and live peacefully"
[Tue Oct 9 19:54:44 2007] : Adrin: "Really?"
[Tue Oct 9 19:54:51 2007] : Dan: "Who builds so much stone on a riverbank made of sand and silt?"
[Tue Oct 9 19:54:59 2007] : Aliatra: "If so I hope you get your wish, Dan. Let me konw if there's anything I can do to help"
[Tue Oct 9 19:55:14 2007] : Dan: "One strong tidal swell and it will fall in the river"
[Tue Oct 9 19:55:20 2007] : Adrin: "Someone with lots of stone?"
[Tue Oct 9 19:55:30 2007] : Dan: "Hah, good one Adrin"
[Tue Oct 9 19:55:39 2007] : Aliatra: "It's a good thing it's a river and not a sea then"
[Tue Oct 9 19:56:09 2007] : Adrin: "We'd better knock gently then"
[Tue Oct 9 19:56:48 2007] : Dan: "OK, lets see if we can at least store our metals here until they are ready to buy them!"
[Tue Oct 9 19:57:11 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's find out what they know about metals"
[Tue Oct 9 19:57:36 2007] : DM: The front door stands invitingly open, as do, somewhat curiously many of the windows.
[Tue Oct 9 19:58:11 2007] : Dan: "Why are all the windows open?"
[Tue Oct 9 19:58:21 2007] : Aliatra: "WQhat's with all those open windows? Do you thionk someone farted in there?"
[Tue Oct 9 19:58:31 2007] : Adrin: "I was thinking the same thing"
[Tue Oct 9 19:59:08 2007] : Aliatra: "Maybe we'd better hold our noses when we go in"
[Tue Oct 9 19:59:33 2007] : Dan: "But let's go in anyway"
[Tue Oct 9 19:59:51 2007] : Dan: Dan dismounts and leads the cart into the warehouse
[Tue Oct 9 20:00:02 2007] : Adrin: Adrin follows
[Tue Oct 9 20:00:16 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra follows
[Tue Oct 9 20:01:08 2007] : DM: Inside the building you notice the reason for all the open windows. A sour, bitter unpleasant smell lingers in the air.
[Tue Oct 9 20:01:09 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Leading the cart in?
[Tue Oct 9 20:01:55 2007] : Dan: Craft: Alchemy Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [4,11] = (15)
[Tue Oct 9 20:01:59 2007] : A Clerk: "Good Morning, I must apologize for the smell. Some problem with the sewers I understand. Are you looking to buy or sell?"
[Tue Oct 9 20:02:10 2007] : Dan: "Sell"
[Tue Oct 9 20:02:29 2007] : Aliatra: "This smell is supposed to come from the sewers?"
[Tue Oct 9 20:03:36 2007] : Dan: "The smell is from the sewers you say? I have some alchemical skill and this smells more akin to that then anythin nature creates"
[Tue Oct 9 20:04:28 2007] : Adrin: "Either way it stinks!"
[Tue Oct 9 20:04:30 2007] : Aliatra: "Maybe there's an alchemist at work in the sewers?"
[Tue Oct 9 20:04:32 2007] : A Clerk: "It's most definately coming from the drain, been like this for a few days now."
[Tue Oct 9 20:04:36 2007] : A Clerk: The clerk takes a look the ingots and expresses his surprise. "For a cargo like this I think you should talk to Mr Yolande himself. Follow me."
[Tue Oct 9 20:04:52 2007] : Aliatra: "Of course"
[Tue Oct 9 20:05:05 2007] : Adrin: "lead on"
[Tue Oct 9 20:05:40 2007] : A Clerk: A few minutes later you're led into a fine office, all oak panels, fine furniture and large, expensive leaded windows.
[Tue Oct 9 20:06:18 2007] : Aliatra: "Business is good, it would seem"
[Tue Oct 9 20:06:52 2007] : Mr Yolande: "Business is always good for those with the skills. Am I to understand you have a substantial quantity of exceptionally rare metal ingots for sale?"
[Tue Oct 9 20:07:04 2007] : Dan: "Apart from the strange smells coming from the sewers"
[Tue Oct 9 20:07:20 2007] : Dan: "Well, we were unable to sell them in the provinces"
[Tue Oct 9 20:07:31 2007] : Dan: "We were told that they were exotic"
[Tue Oct 9 20:08:05 2007] : Aliatra: "And that more specialised merchants were to be found here"
[Tue Oct 9 20:08:48 2007] : Adrin: Adrin looks slightly disgusted by the smell
[Tue Oct 9 20:08:48 2007] : Mr Yolande: "That they are, not much call for such materials here on the northern edge of the world. I would advise shipping them south and you've come to the right place to secure the best deal for this."
[Tue Oct 9 20:09:38 2007] : Aliatra: "South to where?"
[Tue Oct 9 20:10:09 2007] : Mr Yolande: "I propose 50% of their value now and 50% when they sold."
[Tue Oct 9 20:10:23 2007] : Mr Yolande: ooc names? you want names? grumble, grumble.
[Tue Oct 9 20:10:58 2007] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Oct 9 20:11:20 2007] : Aliatra: "And what do you suppose that value to be?"
[Tue Oct 9 20:12:24 2007] : Mr Yolande: Mr Yolande looks at a paper which the clerk has just done the sums.
[Tue Oct 9 20:12:40 2007] : Mr Yolande: "An initial estimate of some 50,000 gp."
[Tue Oct 9 20:13:05 2007] : Aliatra: "Hm-mm"
[Tue Oct 9 20:13:27 2007] : Dan: Dan looks interested
[Tue Oct 9 20:13:31 2007] : Adrin: ooc did we get them valued before?
[Tue Oct 9 20:13:55 2007] : Dan: ooc don't think anyone has even known what they are
[Tue Oct 9 20:13:58 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Yes, in Westharbour (see Wike)
[Tue Oct 9 20:14:07 2007] : Aliatra: Wiki
[Tue Oct 9 20:14:16 2007] : Adrin: ooc just read it. 50k isn't too bad
[Tue Oct 9 20:14:37 2007] : Dan: ooc Dave provided values, but I don't think that we've even been given them in character
[Tue Oct 9 20:14:51 2007] : Mr Yolande: ooc you have sold some.
[Tue Oct 9 20:14:58 2007] : Adrin: ooc think you're right
[Tue Oct 9 20:15:08 2007] : Adrin: ooc I think the wiki was updated for the sold ones
[Tue Oct 9 20:15:14 2007] : Dan: "That sounds like an interesting proposal Mr Yolande"
[Tue Oct 9 20:15:20 2007] : Dan: ooc it was
[Tue Oct 9 20:15:35 2007] : Dan: ooc the Wiki is up to date
[Tue Oct 9 20:16:06 2007] : Aliatra: "We'd like to discuss it amongst ourselves for a moment"
[Tue Oct 9 20:16:24 2007] : Mr Yolande: "Naturally"
[Tue Oct 9 20:17:24 2007] : Adrin: (whisper) "Sounds good to me"
[Tue Oct 9 20:17:45 2007] : Aliatra: Taking the others aside: "What do you think? It sounds more than reasonable to me, especially the half in front part"
[Tue Oct 9 20:18:11 2007] : Dan: (whisper) "I agree, but I can't help but feel that the first offer is usually not best"
[Tue Oct 9 20:18:29 2007] : Dan: "Maybe haggle for another 5000"
[Tue Oct 9 20:19:00 2007] : Adrin: ooc as long as we end up with something easily divisible by 4
[Tue Oct 9 20:19:05 2007] : Dan: "or do we just take it"
[Tue Oct 9 20:19:06 2007] : Aliatra: "I'm not very good at haggling, but be my guest"
[Tue Oct 9 20:19:24 2007] : Dan: "Nor me, let's just take the offer"
[Tue Oct 9 20:19:36 2007] : Aliatra: ooc thousands are always divisible by 4 :-D
[Tue Oct 9 20:19:41 2007] : Adrin: "Yeah, I'm sick of hauling this stuff around"
[Tue Oct 9 20:19:56 2007] : Aliatra: "It would at least save us logging the stuff around"
[Tue Oct 9 20:20:18 2007] : Adrin: ooc easily! or you can count it out
[Tue Oct 9 20:20:49 2007] : Dan: "OK, let's get rid of the metal monkey from around our necks"
[Tue Oct 9 20:21:03 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I'm very doog at dividing (1 for you, 2 for me, 1 for you, 3 for me ...)
[Tue Oct 9 20:21:07 2007] : Dan: "Mr Yolande, you have a deal"
[Tue Oct 9 20:21:16 2007] : Adrin: ooc very doog?? lol
[Tue Oct 9 20:21:19 2007] : Dan: ooc doog??
[Tue Oct 9 20:21:27 2007] : Adrin: ooc thats a bit ruff
[Tue Oct 9 20:21:35 2007] : Dan: ooc booo!
[Tue Oct 9 20:21:59 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Hrumph
[Tue Oct 9 20:22:12 2007] : Adrin: Adrin shakes Yolandes hand
[Tue Oct 9 20:22:38 2007] : Mr Yolande: Sometime later, after contracts are drawn up payments in diamonds are made and you end up with 6500 gp in diamonds each and a contract for a further payment in 4 weeks time when the ingots and shiped and sold.
[Tue Oct 9 20:23:23 2007] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Oct 9 20:24:03 2007] : Mr Yolande: Mr Yolande looks pleased with the deal. "It's not everyday one gets to trade in such rare materials."
[Tue Oct 9 20:24:28 2007] : Dan: "It was a rare find in an ancient tower"
[Tue Oct 9 20:24:51 2007] : Dan: "I only hope that we find more as it's quite profitable"
[Tue Oct 9 20:25:49 2007] : Mr Yolande: "I shall see you in 4 weeks time then to conclude the deal?"
[Tue Oct 9 20:27:09 2007] : Dan: "Or soon afterwards"
[Tue Oct 9 20:27:20 2007] : Adrin: ooc back
[Tue Oct 9 20:27:37 2007] : Adrin: "Hopefully by then you'll have this smell sorted out"
[Tue Oct 9 20:27:50 2007] : Mr Yolande: "I hope so too!"
[Tue Oct 9 20:28:02 2007] : DM: The clerk shows you the door.
[Tue Oct 9 20:28:40 2007] : Adrin: "Good day sir"
[Tue Oct 9 20:28:48 2007] : Dan: "Shall we go and collect our payment from Franseza?"
[Tue Oct 9 20:29:09 2007] : Aliatra (enter): 20:29
[Tue Oct 9 20:29:45 2007] : Adrin: "May as well"
[Tue Oct 9 20:30:00 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Did anyone else get disconnected?
[Tue Oct 9 20:30:13 2007] : DM: Outside on the river bank quite a crowd has gathered around something. They're all talking and muttering and you make out wth words "monster" and "abomination".
[Tue Oct 9 20:30:43 2007] : Adrin: ooc not me (for a change)
[Tue Oct 9 20:30:44 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I missed everything afther making up the contracts
[Tue Oct 9 20:30:54 2007] : Adrin: "Whats going on over there?"
[Tue Oct 9 20:31:11 2007] : Dan: "MOnster and abomination?"
[Tue Oct 9 20:31:18 2007] : Dan: "Let's take a look"
[Tue Oct 9 20:31:24 2007] : Adrin: "Two of my favourite words"
[Tue Oct 9 20:31:25 2007] : Dan: ooc you didn't miss much H
[Tue Oct 9 20:31:29 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Where are we and what's happening?
[Tue Oct 9 20:31:41 2007] : DM: ooc you've not missed anything.
[Tue Oct 9 20:32:18 2007] : Dan: ooc we just left and were about to head for Franseza's office or whatever she has
[Tue Oct 9 20:33:37 2007] : DM: The crowd lets you pass and you see a bedraggled and water logged corpse of what at first glance appears to be a bizarrely coloured enourmous rat. It's fur is patchy and coloured blue and purple and green in a blotchy manner.
[Tue Oct 9 20:34:02 2007] : DM: It's clearly just be recently pulled from the water.
[Tue Oct 9 20:34:03 2007] : Aliatra: "That's weird"
[Tue Oct 9 20:34:18 2007] : Adrin: "Very."
[Tue Oct 9 20:34:25 2007] : Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [10,15] = (25)
[Tue Oct 9 20:34:39 2007] : Adrin: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [20,3] = (23)
[Tue Oct 9 20:34:40 2007] : Aliatra: Aliastra takes a closer look at the creature
[Tue Oct 9 20:34:42 2007] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+4] => [13,4] = (17)
[Tue Oct 9 20:34:46 2007] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Oct 9 20:35:06 2007] : DM: On a closer inspection you see what has the crowd muttering about "abominations" -- it's two front paws and not at all like rodent feet but more like the twisted hands of a human.
[Tue Oct 9 20:35:10 2007] : Aliatra: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [10,7] = (17)
[Tue Oct 9 20:35:31 2007] : Dan: "Human hands?"
[Tue Oct 9 20:35:34 2007] : DM: It's like no creature you've heard of before.
[Tue Oct 9 20:35:40 2007] : Adrin: "Who found this?"
[Tue Oct 9 20:35:51 2007] : Dan: ooc any knowledge specifically needed?
[Tue Oct 9 20:36:04 2007] : DM: The furry body is some 4 ft long and the tail a further 2 feet.
[Tue Oct 9 20:36:33 2007] : Dan: "This looks like some sort of bizarre experiment"
[Tue Oct 9 20:36:47 2007] : DM: ooc It'd be Arcana.
[Tue Oct 9 20:37:42 2007] : Aliatra: "An experiment gone wrong"
[Tue Oct 9 20:37:44 2007] : DM: The acrid, bitter smell you encountered inside the trader's building lingers more strongly around the corpse.
[Tue Oct 9 20:37:46 2007] : Dan: "The sort that ancient magicians used to create all the abominations that still remain today"
[Tue Oct 9 20:38:04 2007] : Dan: "But I think that we found the source of the smell"
[Tue Oct 9 20:38:47 2007] : Adrin: "Where theres one, they may be others"
[Tue Oct 9 20:38:54 2007] : Adrin: ooc *there
[Tue Oct 9 20:38:57 2007] : Aliatra: ""
[Tue Oct 9 20:39:24 2007] : Aliatra: And where there are creations we should find a creator"
[Tue Oct 9 20:40:21 2007] : Dan: "Perhaps we should take this corpse to the authorities and offer to investigate for a fee"
[Tue Oct 9 20:40:53 2007] : Aliatra: "Do you really want to touch that thing?"
[Tue Oct 9 20:41:00 2007] : Adrin: "Are you offering to carry it?"
[Tue Oct 9 20:41:14 2007] : DM: The crowd gradually drifts away.
[Tue Oct 9 20:41:50 2007] : Aliatra: "Not me"
[Tue Oct 9 20:41:54 2007] : Adrin: "We could throw it on the cart"
[Tue Oct 9 20:42:05 2007] : Aliatra: Aliastra looks disgusted
[Tue Oct 9 20:42:07 2007] : Dan: "Not really, but we can get it moved on the cart we rented"
[Tue Oct 9 20:42:29 2007] : Aliatra: "Better get a spade or something to get it up there"
[Tue Oct 9 20:43:11 2007] : Dan: "We could leave it here and just report it to the authorities"
[Tue Oct 9 20:44:02 2007] : Aliatra: "Sounds much better. Do you want Adrin or me to keep en eye on it?"
[Tue Oct 9 20:44:45 2007] : Adrin: ooc did we see any wandering watch-type people around?
[Tue Oct 9 20:44:51 2007] : Dan: "I don't mind staying either"
[Tue Oct 9 20:45:23 2007] : Aliatra: "If we all stay here who's going to report it?"
[Tue Oct 9 20:46:49 2007] : Adrin: "I'll go"
[Tue Oct 9 20:46:53 2007] : Dan: "OK, Adrin and I will go. We're quicker on our feet"
[Tue Oct 9 20:47:03 2007] : Dan: "Back soon Ali"
[Tue Oct 9 20:47:09 2007] : Aliatra: "And I'll be here when you return"
[Tue Oct 9 20:47:15 2007] : Dan: Dan heads off looking for a guard
[Tue Oct 9 20:47:35 2007] : Aliatra: Aliastra watches the beast and surroundings, hand on her sowrd
[Tue Oct 9 20:48:20 2007] : City Guard: A two man patrol is leaning against a sausage stand, snacking.
[Tue Oct 9 20:48:31 2007] : Adrin: "Oh, sausages"
[Tue Oct 9 20:49:18 2007] : Dan: Dan walks up and explains about the strange creature
[Tue Oct 9 20:49:49 2007] : Adrin: Adrin buys three sausages and offers one to Dan
[Tue Oct 9 20:51:03 2007] : City Guard: The guards seem more interested in their sausages and are unfazed by reports of bizarre dead creatures.
[Tue Oct 9 20:51:06 2007] : Dan: Dan takes a sausage and eyes it warily before nibbling at the end
[Tue Oct 9 20:51:32 2007] : Adrin: "Aren't you even interested in seeing it?"
[Tue Oct 9 20:51:46 2007] : Dan: Dan takes out a parchment and his quill
[Tue Oct 9 20:51:49 2007] : City Guard: "Another one? We're to report those to the College, but I think we'd rather pretend you didn't tell us."
[Tue Oct 9 20:52:06 2007] : Dan: "Just turn that way a bit so I can get your badge number.... That's great thenks"
[Tue Oct 9 20:52:22 2007] : Dan: Dan notes both badge numbers
[Tue Oct 9 20:52:24 2007] : City Guard: "We're eating see."
[Tue Oct 9 20:52:27 2007] : Dan: "OK, got them both"
[Tue Oct 9 20:52:30 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Badge numbers? LOL
[Tue Oct 9 20:52:32 2007] : Adrin: "Where's the college?"
[Tue Oct 9 20:52:47 2007] : Dan: "It's fine. I can see that. I'll just let your superiors know that too"
[Tue Oct 9 20:53:22 2007] : Dan: "Come on Adrin, the welfare of the populace is presumable of more interest to the populace. Maybe his superiors will care more"
[Tue Oct 9 20:53:32 2007] : City Guard: "I suppose we might take a look but really, it's he College you're to report 'em to."
[Tue Oct 9 20:54:35 2007] : Adrin: "and that is.... where?"
[Tue Oct 9 20:54:42 2007] : Dan: "How about you get off your rears and do your job, then we can go and do something about the real problems?"
[Tue Oct 9 20:54:57 2007] : Dan: "Come on Adrin, we've done our bit."
[Tue Oct 9 20:55:26 2007] : City Guard: "The College is that way, waves vaguely towards a collection of prominent towers standing tall of the other buildings."
[Tue Oct 9 20:55:27 2007] : Dan: "Let's go and get Ali and find the guardhouse."
[Tue Oct 9 20:55:53 2007] : Adrin: "Why don't we just go to the college?"
[Tue Oct 9 20:55:53 2007] : Server Administrator-> Kicking '(3) Aliatra' from server... Removing dead client
[Tue Oct 9 20:55:54 2007] : Aliatra (exit): 20:55
[Tue Oct 9 20:55:58 2007] : Dan: "Clearly these are just two nobles on their way to a fanc y dress ball"
[Tue Oct 9 20:56:49 2007] : Adrin: "Dan, just calm down and eat your sausage"
[Tue Oct 9 20:58:08 2007] : Dan: Dan begins to walk back to Ali
[Tue Oct 9 20:58:31 2007] : Adrin: Adrin does the same
[Tue Oct 9 21:00:18 2007] : Adrin: "Ali, I got you a sausage"
[Tue Oct 9 21:00:25 2007] : Dan: "Bloody apathetic guards. Make me sick. We put ourselves at risk while the likes of them take a paypacket for standing around munching food"
[Tue Oct 9 21:00:36 2007] : Dan: "I bet they didn't even pay for their food"
[Tue Oct 9 21:01:14 2007] : Aliatra: "Thank you, Adrin. Where are the guards?"
[Tue Oct 9 21:01:32 2007] : Adrin: "Eating theirs by the sausage stand"
[Tue Oct 9 21:01:36 2007] : Aliatra: Aliastra ties the sausage
[Tue Oct 9 21:01:50 2007] : Aliatra: "Huh?"
[Tue Oct 9 21:02:11 2007] : Adrin: "They wouldn't come see the monster"
[Tue Oct 9 21:02:15 2007] : Dan: "The sausage is OK though. Thanks Adrin"
[Tue Oct 9 21:03:07 2007] : Dan: "Just leave it Ali. We can go to the college and report it. It's apparently not the first such incident"
[Tue Oct 9 21:03:38 2007] : Adrin: "Which is interesting in itself"
[Tue Oct 9 21:04:26 2007] : Aliatra: "It can't be too urgent then or something would have been done aboujt it earlier. Let's just get our money and then go the college to report it, or not"
[Tue Oct 9 21:04:44 2007] : Dan: "yes, let's go"
[Tue Oct 9 21:05:28 2007] : Adrin: "Ok"
[Tue Oct 9 21:05:38 2007] : City Guard: You go and collect your pay from some nameless clerk at the office of the interior.
[Tue Oct 9 21:05:53 2007] : DM: ooc 3000 gp each
[Tue Oct 9 21:05:54 2007] : Dan: ooc how much was it?
[Tue Oct 9 21:06:17 2007] : Dan: ooc OK
[Tue Oct 9 21:06:47 2007] : Dan: "OK, let's go and see this college"
[Tue Oct 9 21:07:27 2007] : DM: A few minutes later you're standing outside the gates of the "Southven College of the Arcane" looking into the courtyard.
[Tue Oct 9 21:08:04 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes up to the gates
[Tue Oct 9 21:08:15 2007] : DM: It's a hive of activity, filled with carts and wagons and horses and people in various coloured robes supervising the loading of all sorts of supplies and equipment.
[Tue Oct 9 21:09:09 2007] : DM: Towers of various stiyles and sizes ssurround the couryards as does a assortment of more conventional buildings.
[Tue Oct 9 21:09:26 2007] : DM: A wizard with a clipboard hurries up.
[Tue Oct 9 21:10:06 2007] : Adrin: "Hello"
[Tue Oct 9 21:10:15 2007] : Wizard: She looks exasperated. "You're early. Adventuring parties for the expedition are supposed to show up until the day after tomorrow."
[Tue Oct 9 21:10:17 2007] : Aliatra: "Hi there"
[Tue Oct 9 21:10:28 2007] : Aliatra: "What?"
[Tue Oct 9 21:11:00 2007] : Wizard: "You're not here for the grand expedition?" She waves the clipboard around at all the preparations.
[Tue Oct 9 21:11:14 2007] : Adrin: "expedition?"
[Tue Oct 9 21:11:28 2007] : Dan: "I'm afraid you've lost us"
[Tue Oct 9 21:11:48 2007] : Dan: "We're the adventurers that found the books on the Carnelian Isles"
[Tue Oct 9 21:11:51 2007] : Aliatra: "We're just here to report a dead ... creature"
[Tue Oct 9 21:12:05 2007] : Wizard: "You surely heard of the discovery in the eastern mountains?"
[Tue Oct 9 21:12:18 2007] : Adrin: "ahhh, nope"
[Tue Oct 9 21:13:23 2007] : Dan: "Did you hear of the discover on the isles?"
[Tue Oct 9 21:13:45 2007] : Wizard: "A group of miners have unearthed an ancient network of caverns and tunnels beneath the mountains and discovered traces of an ancient civilization."
[Tue Oct 9 21:14:10 2007] : Dan: "We've only just got here since we returned from the Islands. So this is all news to us"
[Tue Oct 9 21:14:59 2007] : Dan: "I guess the portal is of little interest in light of the ancient civilisation.... All mechanoid monsters and steel-bronze as I'm sure it is"
[Tue Oct 9 21:15:00 2007] : Adrin: "Well, we discovered a rotting half-human, half-rat creature"
[Tue Oct 9 21:15:01 2007] : Wizard: She thinks a moment. "Oh, that shipment of books and scrolls? I think they've been filled away somewhere... The Yellow Tower has them I think."
[Tue Oct 9 21:15:48 2007] : Wizard: "Another one?" She makes a note on the clipboard. "I'll have a couple of the Green Tower students go and pick it up. On the riverside again?"
[Tue Oct 9 21:16:06 2007] : Dan: "Not that we'd particularly care to see any more of that stuff, eh guys?"
[Tue Oct 9 21:16:21 2007] : Wizard: The wizard is wearing robes trimmed in blue.
[Tue Oct 9 21:16:23 2007] : Dan: "Steel bronze and strange metals and all"
[Tue Oct 9 21:16:43 2007] : Aliatra: "They stink"
[Tue Oct 9 21:16:54 2007] : Adrin: "Yeah, been there done that"
[Tue Oct 9 21:17:49 2007] : Wizard: "We're not yet sure what civilization it is, all we have are reports of fine subterranean architecture and many monsters and other dangers."
[Tue Oct 9 21:17:57 2007] : Dan: "So I guess the ancient civilization is the realm of abjurers?"
[Tue Oct 9 21:18:20 2007] : Wizard: "Are you sure you don't want to join? We're short of people for exploration and security."
[Tue Oct 9 21:18:28 2007] : Dan: Dan points out the blue robes significance to the others
[Tue Oct 9 21:18:41 2007] : Wizard: "This is such a big discovery the whole college is involved."
[Tue Oct 9 21:19:15 2007] : Adrin: "Could be fun"
[Tue Oct 9 21:19:20 2007] : Wizard: "Does leave too few people to investgate all these strange monsters in the river though..."
[Tue Oct 9 21:19:34 2007] : Adrin: ooc argh, decisions decisions
[Tue Oct 9 21:19:51 2007] : Dan: "ooc damn you DM!
[Tue Oct 9 21:19:59 2007] : Wizard: Someone shouts out to the wizard. "Amile! Amile! Get over here!"
[Tue Oct 9 21:20:07 2007] : Adrin: "When do you leave?"
[Tue Oct 9 21:20:34 2007] : Dan: "Transmutation is not my forté. Maybe we'd best look into the ancient civilization?"
[Tue Oct 9 21:20:35 2007] : Wizard: "You will excuse me a moment? I have things to take care of. Come back the day after tomorrow to sign on, if you're interested."
[Tue Oct 9 21:20:44 2007] : Adrin: "Ok, thanks"
[Tue Oct 9 21:21:02 2007] : Wizard: Amile bustles off quill scratching at her clipboard.
[Tue Oct 9 21:21:02 2007] : Dan: "Or maybe if we're quick with the rat people we can do both."
[Tue Oct 9 21:21:10 2007] : Aliatra: "We could at least go to the green tower and talk to someone there"
[Tue Oct 9 21:21:18 2007] : Dan: "Yes, let's go"
[Tue Oct 9 21:21:23 2007] : Adrin: "How about we have a look for some rat-monsters and then catch up with the expedition"
[Tue Oct 9 21:21:39 2007] : Adrin: "They'll be very slow with all that equipment"
[Tue Oct 9 21:22:08 2007] : Dan: "Good point Adrin, a bunch of wizards never travels fast. Too many precious intruments etc."
[Tue Oct 9 21:22:31 2007] : Adrin: "Lets go see the greenies then"
[Tue Oct 9 21:22:47 2007] : Aliatra: "Rats first, alien civilization later"
[Tue Oct 9 21:23:35 2007] : Dan: "I think it's ancient, rather than a new foreign power Ali"
[Tue Oct 9 21:23:42 2007] : Wizard: Each tower is marked with the colour of the appropriate school.
[Tue Oct 9 21:23:55 2007] : Aliatra: "Whatever, it probably is so old it seems alien"
[Tue Oct 9 21:23:57 2007] : Dan: Dan heads for the Transmutation tower
[Tue Oct 9 21:24:04 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra laughs
[Tue Oct 9 21:26:03 2007] : DM: Inside the tower you're greeted by a group of young wizards.
[Tue Oct 9 21:26:14 2007] : Aliatra: "Hallo"
[Tue Oct 9 21:26:38 2007] : Ignace: "Hello, what can we do for you?"
[Tue Oct 9 21:26:48 2007] : Dan: "Hello, we'd like to solve your rat people problem, and we'd like to do it fast"
[Tue Oct 9 21:26:56 2007] : Dan: "What information can you give us?"
[Tue Oct 9 21:27:01 2007] : Aliatra: "Can you tell us more about it?"
[Tue Oct 9 21:27:36 2007] : Ignace: "Ah excellent. whilst we have the resources for pure research we're not much into tramping around in sewers."
[Tue Oct 9 21:27:54 2007] : Adrin: "Neither are we really, but its a living"
[Tue Oct 9 21:28:19 2007] : Ignace: "Over the past few days a number of strange dead creatures have been turning up in the river, washed out of one of the sewers."
[Tue Oct 9 21:28:52 2007] : Aliatra: "Just the last couple of days? We got the impression the problem was slightly older"
[Tue Oct 9 21:29:09 2007] : Dan: "And the sewers are pretty odious at the moment because of it"
[Tue Oct 9 21:29:45 2007] : Dan: "The body had hallmarks of abberation magic, have you ascertained any more than this?"
[Tue Oct 9 21:29:59 2007] : Ignace: "They're clearly magically altered to be more humanlike. We've had two rat-like ones, a mouse-like one and one barely recognizable as a mammal."
[Tue Oct 9 21:30:33 2007] : Ignace: "From the analysis of the chemicals it's some sort of combined magical and alchemical process. But beyond that we've not be able to determine much."
[Tue Oct 9 21:30:49 2007] : Ignace: "We're a bit under resourced what with the expendition."
[Tue Oct 9 21:31:17 2007] : Adrin: "Can you point us to the sewer they're coming from?"
[Tue Oct 9 21:31:34 2007] : Aliatra: "So ancient ruins in the mountains are more important than what happens right here in the city?"
[Tue Oct 9 21:31:35 2007] : Ignace: "It would be useful if we could obtain a like specimen or a sample of the chemicals used, or even better: locate the laboratory where these facinating creations are spawned."
[Tue Oct 9 21:31:45 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra sounds disgusted
[Tue Oct 9 21:32:48 2007] : Dan: "There's another specimen in the river near the metal merchant's"
[Tue Oct 9 21:33:02 2007] : Ignace: "An ancient civilization could be concealling untold amount of important magical lore."
[Tue Oct 9 21:33:18 2007] : Ignace: "Ah, What sort was it this time?"
[Tue Oct 9 21:33:28 2007] : Aliatra: "And what happens here might be a danger to the people"
[Tue Oct 9 21:33:34 2007] : Adrin: "Rat-like with human hands"
[Tue Oct 9 21:33:43 2007] : Aliatra: "A colourful rat with hands"
[Tue Oct 9 21:34:27 2007] : Ignace: "The most common sort so far. Hmmm." he looks thoughtful.
[Tue Oct 9 21:35:15 2007] : Ignace: "So will you assist in our research. I regret that we can't offer much in the way of payment but we may have some spare magical items..."
[Tue Oct 9 21:35:57 2007] : Adrin: "Just tell us where they seem to be coming from and we'll see what we can find out"
[Tue Oct 9 21:36:35 2007] : Ignace: "We're not sure exactly. I'd suggest starting your investigations down at the riverside."
[Tue Oct 9 21:37:14 2007] : Adrin: "Anything else you can tell us?"
[Tue Oct 9 21:37:22 2007] : Aliatra: "So you don't really know anything, do you?"
[Tue Oct 9 21:37:56 2007] : Ignace: "They did only started showing up three days ago."
[Tue Oct 9 21:39:03 2007] : Adrin: "No time to waste then. Lets go"
[Tue Oct 9 21:39:07 2007] : Dan: "They're all too busy with important mage things Ali. heaven forbid that the city that nurtures and protects their ivory towers might need a service of them when the higher magical cause is calling"
[Tue Oct 9 21:39:44 2007] : Dan: "I wonder if there's a general apathy problem with the people of this city?"
[Tue Oct 9 21:40:16 2007] : Aliatra: "You could be forgiven for thinking so"
[Tue Oct 9 21:40:20 2007] : Dan: "I've heard that it sometimes happens in capitals"
[Tue Oct 9 21:40:30 2007] : Dan: "Let's see what we can do"
[Tue Oct 9 21:40:37 2007] : Aliatra: "I want out of here, let's see what we can do to help people"
[Tue Oct 9 21:41:02 2007] : Adrin: "It's what I was saying earlier. They're too safe. No danger in their lives at all"
[Tue Oct 9 21:41:40 2007] : Dan: "Yes, but *we* need a break at times Adrin."
[Tue Oct 9 21:41:49 2007] : Dan: "Anyway. Let's go"
[Tue Oct 9 21:41:50 2007] : Aliatra: "Well, didn't I promikse you danger before long? It seems we've found it"
[Tue Oct 9 21:43:23 2007] : DM: GAME END