Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Aug 28 19:28:50 2007] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Aug 28 19:29:00 2007] : Dan: ooc someone's missing
[Tue Aug 28 19:29:11 2007] : DM: ooc no body important.
[Tue Aug 28 19:29:32 2007] : Oona: ooc huhu
[Tue Aug 28 19:29:39 2007] : Adrin (enter): 19:29
[Tue Aug 28 19:29:52 2007] : Oona: ooc he's just a barabarian
[Tue Aug 28 19:29:56 2007] : Oona: ooc who cares
[Tue Aug 28 19:30:02 2007] : Adrin: oc :P
[Tue Aug 28 19:30:11 2007] : Oona: ooc :)
[Tue Aug 28 19:30:15 2007] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Aug 28 19:31:35 2007] : DM: You're sailing northeastwards for Westharbour having cleared the Carnelian Isles of hostiles by slaying the Yuan-ti leader and all her troglodyte minions and brokering a truce with the lizardfolk.
[Tue Aug 28 19:33:02 2007] : Adrin: "You know, I'm starting to get used to this sailing lark"
[Tue Aug 28 19:33:18 2007] : Dan: "I must admit that the sailing life is not for me"
[Tue Aug 28 19:33:31 2007] : Oona: "I am not sure I'd become a sailor though.Not enough places to hide on the sea"
[Tue Aug 28 19:33:33 2007] : DM: Crated up in the hold is the life's work of a scholar and wizard Kevork Vartan, whose current location is currently unknown.
[Tue Aug 28 19:33:34 2007] : Dan: "I prefer a sturdy building in which to study"
[Tue Aug 28 19:33:37 2007] : Aliatra: "Are we ther yet?"
[Tue Aug 28 19:33:51 2007] : Aliatra: there
[Tue Aug 28 19:34:19 2007] : Adrin: "If the boats still moving I'd say No"
[Tue Aug 28 19:34:50 2007] : DM: The captain says that with the following wind it will take 10 days to reach Westharbour.
[Tue Aug 28 19:35:17 2007] : Oona: "Another X days ebfore we get there, and that's without the storms, the doppelangaers and whatnots"
[Tue Aug 28 19:35:19 2007] : Aliatra: "I agree with you, Dan, give me buildings (and cities) any day"
[Tue Aug 28 19:35:33 2007] : DM: ooc brb
[Tue Aug 28 19:36:02 2007] : Oona: ooc can we agree that Dan identifies the short swords on the way at some point?
[Tue Aug 28 19:36:18 2007] : Oona: ooc I put them in the loot but I don't know what they are :-)
[Tue Aug 28 19:36:21 2007] : Dan: "Well, if there's anything to identify, or whatever, I may as well do it now"
[Tue Aug 28 19:36:27 2007] : Oona: "Dan, when you have a minute"
[Tue Aug 28 19:36:30 2007] : DM: ooc yeah, they're short swords +1. the black one gives 1d4 acid damage and the white 1d4 cold.
[Tue Aug 28 19:36:33 2007] : Dan: ooc :P, you beat me to it!"
[Tue Aug 28 19:36:35 2007] : Oona: "Ah, you take th words out of my m:ounth"
[Tue Aug 28 19:36:54 2007] : Oona: "here are the two short swords that woman was wielding"
[Tue Aug 28 19:37:00 2007] : DM: ooc there was also a chain shirt +1 and a ring of protection +1
[Tue Aug 28 19:37:36 2007] : Oona: ooc Dave, I was wondering about the ring. You never mentionned it in game, and I did a thorough search of the body. So i take it you just forgot it
[Tue Aug 28 19:37:47 2007] : Oona: ooc I have the chainshirt as well.
[Tue Aug 28 19:37:56 2007] : Oona: ooc I saw the ring on wiki
[Tue Aug 28 19:37:57 2007] : DM: ooc I forgot to mention it, sorry.
[Tue Aug 28 19:39:06 2007] : Oona: ooc np. I didn't know if you forgot or if I neveer saw it ;-)
[Tue Aug 28 19:39:16 2007] : Oona: ooc and I forgot to tell you then
[Tue Aug 28 19:39:20 2007] : Aliatra: "These swords are vicious"
[Tue Aug 28 19:40:00 2007] : Adrin: "They sound fantastic."
[Tue Aug 28 19:40:26 2007] : Oona: "they do"
[Tue Aug 28 19:40:49 2007] : Aliatra: "Does either of you want them?"
[Tue Aug 28 19:41:05 2007] : DM: ooc they do 1d6 damage actually 'cos craig was complaining about calculating their cost.
[Tue Aug 28 19:41:12 2007] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Aug 28 19:41:30 2007] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Aug 28 19:41:32 2007] : Oona: ooc 1d6 cold and acid damage?
[Tue Aug 28 19:41:53 2007] : Dan: ooc :P
[Tue Aug 28 19:42:08 2007] : Adrin: ooc is a barbarian with a shortsword a bit wimpy? :)
[Tue Aug 28 19:43:00 2007] : Oona: ooc yeah
[Tue Aug 28 19:43:03 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I sholuld think so :-P
[Tue Aug 28 19:43:07 2007] : Oona: ooc lol
[Tue Aug 28 19:43:12 2007] : Dan: "I am not proficient with short swords. My perople train in the use of longswords and rapiers"
[Tue Aug 28 19:43:18 2007] : Dan: ooc people
[Tue Aug 28 19:43:21 2007] : DM: While inspecting the swords you notice that the acid and rime only coat the blades when both are held at the same time. When used individually the are less potent (act like regular +1 swords).
[Tue Aug 28 19:43:45 2007] : Dan: "They do have an intriguing propery though"
[Tue Aug 28 19:43:47 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Nice detail :-D
[Tue Aug 28 19:43:57 2007] : Aliatra: "Really?"
[Tue Aug 28 19:43:57 2007] : Oona: ooc so it's +1 +cold damage? or?
[Tue Aug 28 19:44:08 2007] : Dan: "Is anyone proficient in wielding two weapons?"
[Tue Aug 28 19:44:10 2007] : Adrin: ooc barbarian ranger anyone?
[Tue Aug 28 19:44:34 2007] : Aliatra: ooc +1 swhort sword with 1d6 cold damage and 1d6 acid damage, it wielded simultaneously
[Tue Aug 28 19:45:01 2007] : Aliatra: "I need both hand for my one sword, so no"
[Tue Aug 28 19:45:32 2007] : Oona: Oona practices a bit with the swords.
[Tue Aug 28 19:46:05 2007] : Dan: "Anyone can do so, but you have to train to be any good at it"
[Tue Aug 28 19:46:14 2007] : Oona: "I am quite good at it"
[Tue Aug 28 19:46:21 2007] : Oona: "Actually"
[Tue Aug 28 19:46:30 2007] : Adrin: "I must say I'm tempted, but my left was never as strong as my right"
[Tue Aug 28 19:46:37 2007] : Oona: "Been wielding two weapons ever since I started wielding one, actually"
[Tue Aug 28 19:48:30 2007] : Aliatra: "And would you like them, do you thnik you can take advantage of those swords?"
[Tue Aug 28 19:49:04 2007] : Oona: "Well, I have a pretty good set of weapons here. BUt if no-one is going to use them both, I suppose I should take them, yes."
[Tue Aug 28 19:49:13 2007] : Oona: "At least to try them out in real combat"
[Tue Aug 28 19:49:26 2007] : Dan: "you don't have to. We can always sell them"
[Tue Aug 28 19:49:32 2007] : Adrin: "Give them a go. We can always sell them later"
[Tue Aug 28 19:49:38 2007] : Aliatra: "Don't feel obliged now, if you don't like them we can always sell them"
[Tue Aug 28 19:50:47 2007] : Oona: "Well, I am curious. I must say that I have been used to a dagger in my right hand for a long time.
[Tue Aug 28 19:51:00 2007] : Oona: "So I'd like to give it a go with two short swords"
[Tue Aug 28 19:51:50 2007] : Dan: ooc you're a half-elf?
[Tue Aug 28 19:52:32 2007] : Dan: ooc i.e. not a small race - if so it's a small weapon and is just as good in your offhand
[Tue Aug 28 19:53:08 2007] : Dan: ooc as a dagger is
[Tue Aug 28 19:53:27 2007] : Oona: ooc I know, I'm role playing the fact that even if it's just as good, it's a change :)
[Tue Aug 28 19:53:30 2007] : Aliatra: "Just remember you have to wield them both for maximum effect"
[Tue Aug 28 19:53:47 2007] : Oona: ooc cos a dagger just does not weigh as much as a short sword, does not have exactly the same reach etc.
[Tue Aug 28 19:53:53 2007] : Dan: ooc np ;)
[Tue Aug 28 19:54:03 2007] : Oona: "I'll have time to train and cut the mast on this boat I guess"
[Tue Aug 28 19:54:12 2007] : Oona: Oona grins
[Tue Aug 28 19:54:23 2007] : Captain Randolf: "Oi!"
[Tue Aug 28 19:54:46 2007] : Oona: "Just kidding captain. But if you have someone who can act as a sparing partner, or something, I'll take it"
[Tue Aug 28 19:55:06 2007] : Adrin: "How about us?"
[Tue Aug 28 19:55:09 2007] : Aliatra: "Well, whenever you feel the need for a sparring partner, just let me know. I want to keep in training as well"
[Tue Aug 28 19:55:10 2007] : Oona: Oona wields both weapons in her hands and cricles slowly around her own wrist
[Tue Aug 28 19:55:24 2007] : Dan: "I could take a look at Adrin's armour and Oona's other dagger"
[Tue Aug 28 19:55:25 2007] : Oona: "Yep Adrin, I was just rrying to reassure the captain"
[Tue Aug 28 19:55:44 2007] : Oona: "Dan, that would be great. If you can ind out more about it"
[Tue Aug 28 19:56:02 2007] : Adrin: "What about my armour?"
[Tue Aug 28 19:56:12 2007] : Dan: ""I'm not sure I can, but I'll take a look. It may shorten my research time next time"
[Tue Aug 28 19:56:24 2007] : Dan: "I'd like to study it some more Adrin"
[Tue Aug 28 19:57:29 2007] : Adrin: ooc I'm just in mithral chain, nothing too special
[Tue Aug 28 19:57:47 2007] : Dan: ooc you have the breastplate on don't you?
[Tue Aug 28 19:58:14 2007] : Adrin: ooc no
[Tue Aug 28 19:58:17 2007] : Oona: ooc I'm going to try y weapon ok
[Tue Aug 28 19:58:18 2007] : Dan: ooc the steelbronze one?
[Tue Aug 28 19:58:22 2007] : DM: ooc that's what I thought.
[Tue Aug 28 19:58:23 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Don't you mean my ol darmour?
[Tue Aug 28 19:58:25 2007] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 acid] (base): [1d20+7] => [18,7] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [4,4] = (8)
[Tue Aug 28 19:58:33 2007] : Aliatra: old
[Tue Aug 28 19:59:04 2007] : Adrin: ooc I can't remember where that breastplate went
[Tue Aug 28 20:00:16 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I changed the armour but kept the steelbronze
[Tue Aug 28 20:00:23 2007] : Adrin: ooc ahh
[Tue Aug 28 20:00:27 2007] : Dan: ooc yes, I thought Adrin had it on - it's better than a mithral chain shirt IIRC - +2 breastplate, -1 to armour's check penalty, +1 to armour's max dex
[Tue Aug 28 20:00:38 2007] : Aliatra: "Knock yourself out, Dan, it's right here"
[Tue Aug 28 20:00:44 2007] : Dan: ooc Ali gave it to Adrin I'm sure of it
[Tue Aug 28 20:01:18 2007] : DM: ooc not getting mixed up with a different character, Bert?
[Tue Aug 28 20:01:31 2007] : Adrin: ooc maybe I lost it when my orpg tree got trashed
[Tue Aug 28 20:01:37 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I still found it in my own inventory
[Tue Aug 28 20:01:47 2007] : Oona: ooc Craig, we're at level 2 research for the steel bronze?
[Tue Aug 28 20:01:55 2007] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Aug 28 20:02:04 2007] : Dan: ooc It's +7 to AC, max dex of 4, armout check of -3
[Tue Aug 28 20:02:16 2007] : Oona: ooc darn, I missed the keen part on the dagger!
[Tue Aug 28 20:02:48 2007] : Adrin: ooc ok, I'll put it on now then. :)
[Tue Aug 28 20:02:58 2007] : Adrin: ooc sorry bout that
[Tue Aug 28 20:03:01 2007] : Dan: ooc it's perfect for Adrin. I'm sure you took it
[Tue Aug 28 20:03:22 2007] : Dan: ooc when Ali took the new plate armour
[Tue Aug 28 20:03:35 2007] : Adrin: ooc so did we sell the chainshirt?
[Tue Aug 28 20:03:56 2007] : Dan: "I'll look into the items, we'll see how I get on"
[Tue Aug 28 20:04:10 2007] : DM: ooc I don't remember anyone ever having a mithral chain shirt.
[Tue Aug 28 20:04:26 2007] : Dan: ooc don't know, but I marked the Wiki as Adrin has the breastplate ages ago
[Tue Aug 28 20:04:46 2007] : Adrin: ooc ok, I'll just go with the plate
[Tue Aug 28 20:06:09 2007] : Dan: Dan spends his time examining the items
[Tue Aug 28 20:06:22 2007] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Aug 28 20:07:16 2007] : Aliatra: Short sword +1 (base): [1d20+12] => [7,12] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] => [4,4] = (8)
[Tue Aug 28 20:07:31 2007] : DM: Dan, you don't have access to a fully equiped laboratory so there's not a great deal of research you can do.
[Tue Aug 28 20:08:13 2007] : Dan: Dan pouts a little as he realises that a ship is not really the place to research exotic materials
[Tue Aug 28 20:08:13 2007] : Adrin: ooc surely he carries one in a Portable Hole like any scientist!
[Tue Aug 28 20:08:38 2007] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Aug 28 20:08:57 2007] : Dan: Dan hands back the items after a day of frustrating staring at them and waiting for inspiration
[Tue Aug 28 20:10:46 2007] : Dan: brb loo
[Tue Aug 28 20:11:00 2007] : DM: The journey back is uneventful and 10 days later you sight land and the lighthouse of Westharbour.
[Tue Aug 28 20:12:39 2007] : Adrin: "I'm getting used to the sea, but dry land is still a welcome sight after all this time"
[Tue Aug 28 20:13:06 2007] : Aliatra: "At last!"
[Tue Aug 28 20:13:38 2007] : Dan: "Thank goodness!"
[Tue Aug 28 20:14:04 2007] : DM: A few hours later a harbour pilot rows out to the ship and boards, he expertly guides the ship to a berth in the harbour. The gangplank is lowered and you may step ashore onto the busy dockside.
[Tue Aug 28 20:14:46 2007] : Oona: ooc the 2 short sword are +1 to attack and damage AND +6 cold/acid damage?
[Tue Aug 28 20:14:53 2007] : Dan: "Land at last"
[Tue Aug 28 20:14:56 2007] : Aliatra: "This feels so strange, like climbing on board for the first time"
[Tue Aug 28 20:14:56 2007] : Oona: "About time"
[Tue Aug 28 20:15:08 2007] : DM: ooc +1d6 not +6
[Tue Aug 28 20:15:19 2007] : Oona: ooc sorry, yes, +1d6
[Tue Aug 28 20:15:24 2007] : Dan: "I could almost kiss it. Thankfully, I have second thoughts before I act"
[Tue Aug 28 20:15:44 2007] : Aliatra: "It's a good thing you're not Adrin, then"
[Tue Aug 28 20:15:46 2007] : Adrin: ooc Quote from Dan - "I also think Adrin would be better with the Steel Bronze breastplate, and Ali in full plate" March 27!
[Tue Aug 28 20:15:55 2007] : Adrin: "Watch it!"
[Tue Aug 28 20:15:56 2007] : Dan: Dan looks down his nose at the dockside
[Tue Aug 28 20:16:51 2007] : Adrin: "Yeah, bit slimey down there"
[Tue Aug 28 20:17:24 2007] : Aliatra: "The docks anywhere are always dirty, live with it"
[Tue Aug 28 20:18:05 2007] : Adrin: "I can live with it, but I dont fancy planting my lips there"
[Tue Aug 28 20:18:08 2007] : Dan: "I will, it was just that my delight very rapidly turned to a slight nausea that I had hoped would leave me on disembarkation"
[Tue Aug 28 20:18:55 2007] : Sailor: "Shift yerselves, Yer blockin' the plank."
[Tue Aug 28 20:19:12 2007] : Aliatra: "Aye, aye captain"
[Tue Aug 28 20:19:16 2007] : DM: A sailor carrying a crate attempts to get past and on to shore.
[Tue Aug 28 20:19:21 2007] : Adrin: Adrin grabs his stuff and gets moving
[Tue Aug 28 20:19:31 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra grins widely as she disembarks
[Tue Aug 28 20:19:58 2007] : Dan: Dan leaves the dockside
[Tue Aug 28 20:20:01 2007] : DM: [1d20+18] => [14,18] = (32)
[Tue Aug 28 20:20:14 2007] : Dan: "I suppose we need to find Franseza"
[Tue Aug 28 20:20:25 2007] : DM: Spot checks.
[Tue Aug 28 20:20:31 2007] : Dan: "Ah, we also need to..."
[Tue Aug 28 20:20:38 2007] : Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [17,5] = (22)
[Tue Aug 28 20:20:45 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's find an inn first and let her find us. She'll know we'va arrived soon enough"
[Tue Aug 28 20:20:45 2007] : Adrin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [11,7] = (18)
[Tue Aug 28 20:20:50 2007] : Dan: "get the notebooks off the ship"
[Tue Aug 28 20:21:30 2007] : DM: ooc the sailors are unloading the crates of notes and books and they're being stored in a warehouse.
[Tue Aug 28 20:22:11 2007] : DM: The warehouse has the king's coat of arms above the door and alert soldiers guarding it.
[Tue Aug 28 20:23:29 2007] : DM: ooc what's the plan?
[Tue Aug 28 20:23:30 2007] : Dan: Dan goes to speak with the captain about the wizard's notebooks
[Tue Aug 28 20:23:36 2007] : Aliatra: "Race me to a bath and a meal?"
[Tue Aug 28 20:23:37 2007] : Adrin: "Looks a safe enough place to keep them"
[Tue Aug 28 20:24:15 2007] : Aliatra: "Safer than in our hotelroom, round the clock security here"
[Tue Aug 28 20:24:22 2007] : Oona: ooc trying weapons
[Tue Aug 28 20:24:28 2007] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 acid] (base): [1d20+7] => [14,7] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [4,4] = (8)
[Tue Aug 28 20:24:29 2007] : Oona: White Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - OHand [1d6 cold] (base): [1d20+7] => [7,7] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d6+2] => [4,2] = (6)
[Tue Aug 28 20:24:31 2007] : Oona: White Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 cold] (base): [1d20+7] => [11,7] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [4,4] = (8)
[Tue Aug 28 20:24:32 2007] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - OHand [1d6 acid] (base): [1d20+7] => [5,7] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d6+2] => [4,2] = (6)
[Tue Aug 28 20:25:00 2007] : Oona: ooc there's something wrong :/
[Tue Aug 28 20:25:12 2007] : Dan: ooc you haven't added the acid and cold damage
[Tue Aug 28 20:25:19 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Like the extra damage that isn't showing
[Tue Aug 28 20:25:26 2007] : Oona: ooc that I know. But that's not the point.
[Tue Aug 28 20:25:37 2007] : Dan: [1d6+4+1d6] => [6,4,5] = (15)
[Tue Aug 28 20:25:39 2007] : Oona: ooc offhand should be half my strength
[Tue Aug 28 20:25:50 2007] : Oona: ooc oh it is
[Tue Aug 28 20:25:53 2007] : Oona: ooc never mind me :)
[Tue Aug 28 20:26:02 2007] : Oona: ooc where do I add the damage?
[Tue Aug 28 20:26:07 2007] : Aliatra: ooc We never do :-P
[Tue Aug 28 20:26:13 2007] : Capt. Randolf: ooc tack a +1d6 on the end.
[Tue Aug 28 20:26:17 2007] : Dan: ooc as above in the damage section
[Tue Aug 28 20:26:22 2007] : Oona: ooc ok
[Tue Aug 28 20:26:49 2007] : Oona: Black Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - OHand [1d6 acid] (base): [1d20+7] => [20,7] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+1d6] => [1,2,1] = (4)
[Tue Aug 28 20:26:49 2007] : Oona: Critical hit? [1d20+7] => [7,7] = (14) ===> Damage: [2d6+4+1d6] => [5,4,4,3] = (16)
[Tue Aug 28 20:26:55 2007] : Oona: White Sister - Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand [1d6 cold] (base): [1d20+7] => [5,7] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d6+4+1d6] => [5,4,3] = (12)
[Tue Aug 28 20:27:07 2007] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Aug 28 20:28:37 2007] : Oona: "I'd say we settle in an Inn and then go to see Francesa?"
[Tue Aug 28 20:29:08 2007] : Aliatra: "Like I said, she'll find us"
[Tue Aug 28 20:29:26 2007] : Capt. Randolf: [1d20+18] => [11,18] = (29)
[Tue Aug 28 20:29:28 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes to find an inn
[Tue Aug 28 20:29:29 2007] : Adrin: "Yeah, let her do the leg work"
[Tue Aug 28 20:30:06 2007] : DM: Inns are easy to find on the shorefront. They look somewhat seedy and rough.
[Tue Aug 28 20:30:31 2007] : Dan: "Shall we head to a better one than these roughhouses?"
[Tue Aug 28 20:30:46 2007] : Dan: "I long for a little pampering"
[Tue Aug 28 20:30:48 2007] : Aliatra: "Yeah, let's"
[Tue Aug 28 20:31:11 2007] : Adrin: "Good idea"
[Tue Aug 28 20:31:18 2007] : Dan: "I imagine Franseza will find us once we've settled in Oona"
[Tue Aug 28 20:31:33 2007] : Dan: "I agree with Ali"
[Tue Aug 28 20:31:55 2007] : Dan: "Perhaps a merchant district will offer better accommodation?"
[Tue Aug 28 20:33:24 2007] : Oona: "Sounds good"
[Tue Aug 28 20:33:42 2007] : DM: After some minutes of looking a more civilized inn in the merchant district is found: the Duke's Boot.
[Tue Aug 28 20:34:08 2007] : Dan: "This looks much more like it"
[Tue Aug 28 20:34:14 2007] : Adrin: "Strange name"
[Tue Aug 28 20:34:45 2007] : Dan: Dan heads right on in and sits at a table
[Tue Aug 28 20:35:18 2007] : DM: As soon as you're seated, someone else joins you.
[Tue Aug 28 20:35:27 2007] : Aliatra: "Who cares what it's called? I want a hot bath, a good meal, fine wine and a soft bed"
[Tue Aug 28 20:36:01 2007] : Dan: Dan tries not to look too surprised
[Tue Aug 28 20:36:06 2007] : Dan: "Hello there"
[Tue Aug 28 20:36:09 2007] : Franseza: "Hello again. I thought you'd never find an inn."
[Tue Aug 28 20:36:12 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra orders wine and enquires after rooms
[Tue Aug 28 20:36:32 2007] : Franseza: "Been following you since you landed, must keep ones skills up you see."
[Tue Aug 28 20:36:33 2007] : Aliatra: "Beat us to it? No surprise there"
[Tue Aug 28 20:36:39 2007] : Franseza: "What have you to report?"
[Tue Aug 28 20:36:39 2007] : Dan: "Well, we wanted something a little finer after almost a month on a boat"
[Tue Aug 28 20:37:09 2007] : Dan: "Doppelgangers on the way there"
[Tue Aug 28 20:37:23 2007] : Franseza: "Go on."
[Tue Aug 28 20:37:33 2007] : Dan: "Lizardfolk on the island with the mines - now in a truce with us"
[Tue Aug 28 20:38:10 2007] : Franseza: "Excellent, always better to make peace than slaughter."
[Tue Aug 28 20:38:11 2007] : Dan: "A strange portal with a guardian, now dead on the second island"
[Tue Aug 28 20:38:16 2007] : Oona: ""and some dingobat wizard"
[Tue Aug 28 20:38:23 2007] : Aliatra: "A little something that will keep wizards amused for years on another island"
[Tue Aug 28 20:38:31 2007] : Franseza: She grins. "Dead people don't need spying on."
[Tue Aug 28 20:38:50 2007] : Adrin: Adrin makes the swirly motion at the side of his head
[Tue Aug 28 20:39:23 2007] : Dan: "Yes, and finally a Troglodyte base on the 3rd island with a wizard captive"
[Tue Aug 28 20:39:45 2007] : Franseza: "Interesting. Where is this wizard?"
[Tue Aug 28 20:39:58 2007] : Dan: "We set him free, he had been captive for many years"
[Tue Aug 28 20:40:20 2007] : Dan: "We brough back many volumes of his research on the portal though"
[Tue Aug 28 20:40:24 2007] : Franseza: "This wizard is still on the islands, then?"
[Tue Aug 28 20:40:36 2007] : Adrin: "Just seemed to wander off. Didnt' see him again"
[Tue Aug 28 20:40:36 2007] : Oona: "We suppose"
[Tue Aug 28 20:40:37 2007] : Dan: "We assume so"
[Tue Aug 28 20:40:56 2007] : Aliatra: "If he wasn't eaten byt the big cat"
[Tue Aug 28 20:41:11 2007] : Franseza: "Hmm. We would have liked to interview him."
[Tue Aug 28 20:41:34 2007] : Franseza: "No matter it seems as if the primary goals where accomplished."
[Tue Aug 28 20:41:34 2007] : Oona: "Yeah. Tell me about it"
[Tue Aug 28 20:41:40 2007] : Dan: ooc are we fleshing this out, or do you want it all in character?
[Tue Aug 28 20:41:40 2007] : Oona: "He left a little fast, I thought"
[Tue Aug 28 20:41:51 2007] : Aliatra: "Yeah, well. by the time we realised that he was gone"
[Tue Aug 28 20:41:52 2007] : Dan: ooc shush!
[Tue Aug 28 20:42:03 2007] : Dan: ooc :P
[Tue Aug 28 20:42:09 2007] : Franseza: ooc what do you mean Craig?
[Tue Aug 28 20:42:10 2007] : Oona: ooc why shush lol!
[Tue Aug 28 20:42:30 2007] : Dan: Dan flushes a little
[Tue Aug 28 20:42:48 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I think that was Dan to Aliatra
[Tue Aug 28 20:43:26 2007] : Dan: ooc to Oona... Dan was trying to skirt around the decision to go back for him,
[Tue Aug 28 20:43:49 2007] : Dan: ooc but it was tongue in cheek
[Tue Aug 28 20:44:47 2007] : Dan: "So, what was the promised reward?"
[Tue Aug 28 20:46:05 2007] : Adrin: "Finally onto the interesting bit"
[Tue Aug 28 20:46:19 2007] : Franseza: "We agreed 2000 gold each and you have earned yourself a 1000 gold bonus."
[Tue Aug 28 20:46:44 2007] : Adrin: "Each?"
[Tue Aug 28 20:46:45 2007] : Dan: "Each?"
[Tue Aug 28 20:46:52 2007] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Aug 28 20:46:55 2007] : Franseza: "Yes."
[Tue Aug 28 20:47:14 2007] : Oona: "Interesting."
[Tue Aug 28 20:47:43 2007] : Aliatra: "Not at all bad"
[Tue Aug 28 20:47:59 2007] : Adrin: "Out of interest, what was the bonus for?"
[Tue Aug 28 20:49:04 2007] : Franseza: ooc exceeding the year's forecast for gross profit?
[Tue Aug 28 20:50:04 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Whatever she doesn't spend now, she won't get in next year's budget?
[Tue Aug 28 20:50:05 2007] : Adrin: ooc I think Adrin would glaze over if she told him that
[Tue Aug 28 20:50:14 2007] : Franseza: ooc "For a completing the mission in a timely and efficient manner.
[Tue Aug 28 20:50:18 2007] : Franseza: "For a completing the mission in a timely and efficient manner.
[Tue Aug 28 20:50:20 2007] : Dan: "I told the lizardfolk that diplomates would be sent to seal the truce"
[Tue Aug 28 20:50:33 2007] : Franseza: "Noted."
[Tue Aug 28 20:50:50 2007] : Franseza: Franseza makes a note in a small notebook.
[Tue Aug 28 20:51:29 2007] : Aliatra: "And it might be wiseto have security around the clock on the island with the portal"
[Tue Aug 28 20:51:30 2007] : Dan: "The portal would be of great interest to any magical college. The tomes we brought back are most interesting, but there are many years worth of studoies"
[Tue Aug 28 20:51:56 2007] : Oona: "fifty, to be precise"
[Tue Aug 28 20:51:56 2007] : Franseza: "I shall have them forwarded to the Academy."
[Tue Aug 28 20:52:00 2007] : Oona: "Oh, and there's the cat"
[Tue Aug 28 20:52:01 2007] : Adrin: "And you might want to keep an eye out for a big cat"
[Tue Aug 28 20:52:24 2007] : Dan: "There was a large snake-like being with 4 arms guarding the portal. It was chained, but we don't know how it got there or who normally fed it"
[Tue Aug 28 20:53:04 2007] : Franseza: ooc 4 arms????
[Tue Aug 28 20:53:24 2007] : Dan: "The third island, the one with the research has a fortress that would be great for a garrison. It also has a deep dock"
[Tue Aug 28 20:53:54 2007] : Dan: "I made some sketches of the islands' interiors that may be of use to your cartographers"
[Tue Aug 28 20:54:02 2007] : Dan: ooc didn't it?
[Tue Aug 28 20:54:21 2007] : Franseza: ooc only two arms.
[Tue Aug 28 20:54:42 2007] : Dan: "Errm, carried away there, the snake being only had two arms"
[Tue Aug 28 20:55:23 2007] : Franseza: "A Yuan-ti abomination?"
[Tue Aug 28 20:55:32 2007] : Dan: "And as Adrin states, there's a very large stripey cat on the fortified island"
[Tue Aug 28 20:55:49 2007] : Dan: "I'm afraid that I don't know much about natural beasts"
[Tue Aug 28 20:56:13 2007] : Dan: "Even if an abomination sounds about as natural as a wraith"
[Tue Aug 28 20:56:45 2007] : Adrin: "Just feed that cat and it should be ok"
[Tue Aug 28 20:56:50 2007] : Aliatra: "That cat will be fine as long as it has food and nobody tries to catch it"
[Tue Aug 28 20:58:41 2007] : Dan: "I'm not so certain of that"
[Tue Aug 28 20:59:03 2007] : Dan: "It looked pretty fearsome. I'd certainly take care"
[Tue Aug 28 20:59:04 2007] : Oona: "indeed"
[Tue Aug 28 20:59:35 2007] : Franseza: "No matter. I think that's all for now. You may collect your payment from the Office of the Interior at the palace in Sothven."
[Tue Aug 28 21:00:36 2007] : Dan: ooc are we in Sothven?
[Tue Aug 28 21:00:54 2007] : Franseza: ooc No, Westharbour. Southven is the capital city.
[Tue Aug 28 21:01:03 2007] : Dan: ooc D'oh!
[Tue Aug 28 21:01:18 2007] : Adrin: "So we have to go all the way there to get paid?"
[Tue Aug 28 21:01:56 2007] : Aliatra: "What kind of nonsense is this?"
[Tue Aug 28 21:02:35 2007] : Franseza: "I can hardly be expected to carry about 12000 gold pieces in a purse."
[Tue Aug 28 21:03:04 2007] : Dan: "No but a large port must surely have some form of royal treasury, or something similar?"
[Tue Aug 28 21:03:48 2007] : Dan: "You could also carry an equivalent in valuable gems rather than heavy gold"
[Tue Aug 28 21:04:11 2007] : Dan: "As is usual"
[Tue Aug 28 21:04:28 2007] : Franseza: "The money could be transferred, but by the time that's arranged you could have travelled to Sothven and back."
[Tue Aug 28 21:05:19 2007] : Dan: "Well I wasn't planning on heading that way to be honest, and as you contacted us here with the mission, one expects to be paid here"
[Tue Aug 28 21:06:11 2007] : Franseza: "You don't wish to visit the Academy to present your finding of this portal?"
[Tue Aug 28 21:07:07 2007] : Dan: "I hadn't considered it."
[Tue Aug 28 21:07:27 2007] : Oona: "Well, I don't mind traveling a bit"
[Tue Aug 28 21:07:41 2007] : Oona: "And surely, dear Franzesa, there is something we can do on the way?"
[Tue Aug 28 21:07:49 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's talk this over tonight and get back to you tomorrow. Franseza"
[Tue Aug 28 21:08:03 2007] : Oona: "Or maybe you'd consider paying for our travels as well? Seeing we are here without much gold"
[Tue Aug 28 21:08:08 2007] : Oona: "And need to go tot he capital"
[Tue Aug 28 21:08:13 2007] : Adrin: "We've been stuck on a boat for over a week. Might be nice to stretch our legs"
[Tue Aug 28 21:08:35 2007] : Franseza: "The kingdom seems reasonably quiet at the moment, nothing my usual inquiry agents cannot handle."
[Tue Aug 28 21:09:38 2007] : Dan: "Well, i guess that we have little choice. Are we to take the research journals with us to the academy, or will you arrange that seperately?"
[Tue Aug 28 21:11:01 2007] : Franseza: Franseza gets up from her "I must return to Sothven tonight and I must ensure secure transporation for those tomes is organized so I will leave you now"
[Tue Aug 28 21:11:26 2007] : Franseza: "I imagine our paths will cross again."
[Tue Aug 28 21:11:41 2007] : Aliatra: "I would not be surprised"
[Tue Aug 28 21:12:28 2007] : Adrin: "Enjoy your trip, Fran"
[Tue Aug 28 21:12:29 2007] : Dan: Dan raises his eyebrows, but nods his head in farewell
[Tue Aug 28 21:12:46 2007] : Franseza: And with that Franseza sweeps her cloak about her self and leaves.
[Tue Aug 28 21:13:37 2007] : Oona: "Yeah, bye"
[Tue Aug 28 21:14:24 2007] : Dan: "Well, Sothven will wait. I for one want a bath, then some good food and wine, then a good rest on comfortable furniture"
[Tue Aug 28 21:14:40 2007] : Aliatra: "Sounds fine to me"
[Tue Aug 28 21:14:53 2007] : Dan: "And I may even spend tomorrow indulging my slothful side"
[Tue Aug 28 21:15:25 2007] : Dan: "How does everyone feel about a week's rest here?"
[Tue Aug 28 21:15:25 2007] : Adrin: "I didn't know you had a pet"
[Tue Aug 28 21:15:47 2007] : Dan: "Or at least a few days"
[Tue Aug 28 21:16:04 2007] : Adrin: "A few days would be good"
[Tue Aug 28 21:16:56 2007] : Adrin: "Any longer and I'll want to hurt things"
[Tue Aug 28 21:18:14 2007] : Dan: "OK, 3 nights?"
[Tue Aug 28 21:18:31 2007] : Dan: "We'd better see if they can accommodate us first!"
[Tue Aug 28 21:19:13 2007] : Aliatra: "Rest, shop, arrange transport of the ingots. Sounds like a plan"
[Tue Aug 28 21:20:36 2007] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Aug 28 21:20:37 2007] : Dan: "We already moved the ingots and sold what we could"
[Tue Aug 28 21:20:54 2007] : DM: ooc may as well wrap it up here. unless there's something particular anyone wishes to do?
[Tue Aug 28 21:21:08 2007] : Dan: ooc nope
[Tue Aug 28 21:21:34 2007] : Oona: ooc nope, I can work with my swords
[Tue Aug 28 21:21:40 2007] : Oona: ooc and stuff :)
[Tue Aug 28 21:21:58 2007] : DM: GAME END