Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Aug 21 19:52:05 2007] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Aug 21 19:52:13 2007] : Aliatra: Use your teeth!
[Tue Aug 21 19:52:50 2007] : Adrin: ooc phew, found it
[Tue Aug 21 19:52:51 2007] : DM: The door to the next level has been unlocked, there's at least 3 people or monsters waiting for you on the otherside.
[Tue Aug 21 19:52:56 2007] : DM: Roll initiative
[Tue Aug 21 19:53:05 2007] : Oona: Initiative: [1d20+9] => [6,9] = (15)
[Tue Aug 21 19:53:08 2007] : DM: [1d20+3] => [15,3] = (18)
[Tue Aug 21 19:53:15 2007] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [16,7] = (23)
[Tue Aug 21 19:53:33 2007] : Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+3] => [5,3] = (8)
[Tue Aug 21 19:53:53 2007] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [11,5] = (16)
[Tue Aug 21 19:54:22 2007] : Aliatra: "Everybody ready?"
[Tue Aug 21 19:54:46 2007] : DM: Ali, your turn. The door is still closed but it's been unlocked and unblocked.
[Tue Aug 21 19:54:52 2007] : Dan: "I guess so"
[Tue Aug 21 19:55:17 2007] : Adrin: Adrin just smiles
[Tue Aug 21 19:55:21 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra has her sword ready as she opens the door
[Tue Aug 21 19:56:13 2007] : DM: Inside you see two troglodytes wear breastplate and holding long spears levelled at you.
[Tue Aug 21 19:56:14 2007] : Oona: ooc I'm reading again. I read it last week, but forgot where we are and all.
[Tue Aug 21 19:56:56 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Anything else? No ranged weapons?
[Tue Aug 21 19:57:29 2007] : DM: Behind them in a slim-hipped, lithe humanoid looking rather humanlike but with sharp features and unblinking eyes and scaly patches on her neck and limbs.
[Tue Aug 21 19:57:48 2007] : DM: She's wearing a chain shirt and carries two short swords strapped to her belt.
[Tue Aug 21 19:58:15 2007] : DM: None of the monsters appears to have a ranged weapon.
[Tue Aug 21 19:58:22 2007] : Aliatra: "Coming, Adrin?"
[Tue Aug 21 19:58:37 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Can I move and if so, how far?
[Tue Aug 21 19:58:41 2007] : Dan: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [1,6] = (7)
[Tue Aug 21 19:59:15 2007] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+4] => [9,4] = (13)
[Tue Aug 21 19:59:18 2007] : DM: ooc you can take an action.
[Tue Aug 21 19:59:26 2007] : Oona: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [7,6] = (13)
[Tue Aug 21 19:59:29 2007] : Oona: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+4] => [1,4] = (5)
[Tue Aug 21 19:59:33 2007] : Dan: ooc what knowledge?
[Tue Aug 21 19:59:39 2007] : Adrin: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+4] => [8,4] = (12)
[Tue Aug 21 19:59:56 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra takes her sword in bot hands, ready to attack at the earliset possibility
[Tue Aug 21 19:59:57 2007] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Aug 21 20:00:08 2007] : DM: ooc knowledge: nature
[Tue Aug 21 20:00:24 2007] : Adrin: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [4,3] = (7)
[Tue Aug 21 20:01:06 2007] : Troglodyte: The troglodytes both take a step forwards and thrust with their spears. (they have 10 ft reach)
[Tue Aug 21 20:01:10 2007] : Troglodyte: Longspear (base): [1d20+6] => [20,6] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d8+2] => [2,2] = (4)
[Tue Aug 21 20:01:10 2007] : Troglodyte: Critical hit? [1d20+6] => [15,6] = (21) ===> Damage: [2d8+4] => [6,6,4] = (16)
[Tue Aug 21 20:01:15 2007] : Troglodyte: Longspear (base): [1d20+6] => [19,6] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d8+2] => [8,2] = (10)
[Tue Aug 21 20:02:05 2007] : Troglodyte: Aliatra is stabbed twice with two powerful strikes (take 26 damage).
[Tue Aug 21 20:02:07 2007] : ** Troglodyte Thandas Anath **
[Tue Aug 21 20:02:53 2007] : Thandas Anath: The humanoid pulls a potion from her belt and takes a swift draft.
[Tue Aug 21 20:03:22 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Aug 21 20:03:41 2007] : Dan: Dan begins casting a spell...
[Tue Aug 21 20:03:43 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Aug 21 20:03:49 2007] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Aug 21 20:04:16 2007] : Oona: ooc me first.
[Tue Aug 21 20:04:16 2007] : Adrin: ooc is it not oona next?
[Tue Aug 21 20:04:35 2007] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Aug 21 20:04:38 2007] : Oona: Oona aims at 3.
[Tue Aug 21 20:04:43 2007] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) + PBS (base): [1d20+12] => [9,12] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [2,5] = (7)
[Tue Aug 21 20:04:48 2007] : Oona: done.
[Tue Aug 21 20:05:13 2007] : DM: The arrow bounces of it's breastplate.
[Tue Aug 21 20:05:18 2007] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Aug 21 20:05:45 2007] : Adrin: Adrin bounds forward right up the Trogs face and attacks
[Tue Aug 21 20:05:50 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (base): [1d20+12] => [11,12] = (23) ===> Damage: [2d6+4] => [6,4,4] = (14)
[Tue Aug 21 20:05:50 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (second): [1d20+7] => [20,7] = (27) ===> Damage: [2d6+4] => [1,2,4] = (7)
[Tue Aug 21 20:05:51 2007] : Adrin: Critical hit? [1d20+7] => [3,7] = (10) ===> Damage: [4d6+8] => [2,4,6,1,8] = (21)
[Tue Aug 21 20:06:02 2007] : Adrin: ooc first only
[Tue Aug 21 20:06:14 2007] : DM: A solid hit.
[Tue Aug 21 20:06:14 2007] : Adrin: ooc on #3
[Tue Aug 21 20:07:08 2007] : DM: As you attack the troglodytes stab at you (AoO)
[Tue Aug 21 20:07:15 2007] : Troglodyte: Longspear (base): [1d20+6] => [9,6] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d8+2] => [5,2] = (7)
[Tue Aug 21 20:07:16 2007] : Troglodyte: Longspear (base): [1d20+6] => [13,6] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+2] => [4,2] = (6)
[Tue Aug 21 20:07:26 2007] : Troglodyte: A glancing blow (6 damage)
[Tue Aug 21 20:07:33 2007] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Aug 21 20:07:49 2007] : Aliatra: Attacking #2
[Tue Aug 21 20:07:54 2007] : Dan: ooc don't forget your shiny new DR Adrin :)
[Tue Aug 21 20:08:00 2007] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+11] => [13,11] = (24) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [5,3,5] = (13)
[Tue Aug 21 20:08:20 2007] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Aug 21 20:08:32 2007] : DM: You cut deep into the scaly skin.
[Tue Aug 21 20:08:56 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's make mince meat out of them"
[Tue Aug 21 20:09:09 2007] : Troglodyte: The troglodytes take a step backwards and stab at Aliatra and Adrin again.
[Tue Aug 21 20:09:19 2007] : Troglodyte: Longspear (base): [1d20+6] => [19,6] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d8+2] => [4,2] = (6)
[Tue Aug 21 20:09:20 2007] : Troglodyte: Longspear (base): [1d20+6] => [3,6] = (9) ===> Damage: [1d8+2] => [1,2] = (3)
[Tue Aug 21 20:09:39 2007] : Troglodyte: A spear head bites into Aliatra (6 damage)
[Tue Aug 21 20:10:16 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra curses softly
[Tue Aug 21 20:10:20 2007] : Dan: ooc Bert's connection is playing up again
[Tue Aug 21 20:10:25 2007] : Adrin (enter): 20:10
[Tue Aug 21 20:10:31 2007] : Adrin: Booting '(3) Adrin' from server...
[Tue Aug 21 20:10:32 2007] : Adrin (exit): 20:10
[Tue Aug 21 20:10:56 2007] : Dan: ooc you got hit for 6 damage in an AoO, don't forget -1 damage for DR :)
[Tue Aug 21 20:10:58 2007] : Thandas Anath: "Who daresss invade my home? You're nothing but warm bloodsss. Prepare to face the wrath of Thadass Anathh."
[Tue Aug 21 20:11:08 2007] : Adrin: ooc ta
[Tue Aug 21 20:11:19 2007] : Thandas Anath: She swiftly draws a dagger and flings it at Adrin
[Tue Aug 21 20:11:24 2007] : Thandas Anath: Dagger (base): [1d20+13] => [12,13] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d4+2] => [1,2] = (3)
[Tue Aug 21 20:11:41 2007] : Thandas Anath: It cuts your cheek, Adrin.
[Tue Aug 21 20:11:47 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Aug 21 20:11:56 2007] : Dan: Dan finishes casting Augmented Summon Monster IV - Celestial Lion (Large magical beast): 54hp; 5 resist on acid, cold and electricity; Damage reduction 5/Magic; AC= 20; SR = 12; Darkvision 60'; Speed 40'
[Tue Aug 21 20:12:38 2007] : Dan: Hound pounces onto the rear lizard
[Tue Aug 21 20:12:41 2007] : Aliatra: ooc And it's called "Hound"
[Tue Aug 21 20:12:45 2007] : Dan: ooc err, lion
[Tue Aug 21 20:12:59 2007] : Dan: Augmented Celestial Lion: Jump Check [1d20+11] => [17,11] = (28)
[Tue Aug 21 20:13:10 2007] : Dan: Augmented Celestial Lion: Pounce (treat as magical):
Claw
[1d20+9] => [20,9] = (29) ==> Damage: [1d4+7] => [2,7] = (9)
Claw [1d20+9] => [8,9] = (17) ==> Damage: [1d4+7] => [1,7] = (8)
Bite [1d20+4] => [15,4] = (19) ==> Damage: [1d8+3] => [2,3] = (5)
Rake [1d20+9] => [10,9] = (19) ==> Damage: [1d4+3] => [1,3] = (4)
Rake [1d20+9] => [2,9] = (11) ==> Damage: [1d4+3] => [4,3] = (7)

[Tue Aug 21 20:13:27 2007] : DM: ooc Claw is a crit
[Tue Aug 21 20:13:35 2007] : Dan: Augmented Celestial Lion: Pounce (treat as magical):
Claw
[1d20+9] => [14,9] = (23) ==> Damage: [1d4+7] => [1,7] = (8)
Claw [1d20+9] => [10,9] = (19) ==> Damage: [1d4+7] => [1,7] = (8)
Bite [1d20+4] => [1,4] = (5) ==> Damage: [1d8+3] => [1,3] = (4)
Rake [1d20+9] => [10,9] = (19) ==> Damage: [1d4+3] => [4,3] = (7)
Rake [1d20+9] => [13,9] = (22) ==> Damage: [1d4+3] => [4,3] = (7)

[Tue Aug 21 20:14:20 2007] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 4 Missiles:
1st missile - [1d4+1] => [2,1] = (3) damage
2nd missile - [1d4+1] => [3,1] = (4) damage
3rd missile - [1d4+1] => [3,1] = (4) damage
4th missile - [1d4+1] => [1,1] = (2) damage

[Tue Aug 21 20:14:34 2007] : Dan: ooc on rear guy too
[Tue Aug 21 20:14:35 2007] : Dan: Donew
[Tue Aug 21 20:15:08 2007] : DM: ooc can't you add up the missle damage?
[Tue Aug 21 20:15:23 2007] : Dan: ooc I might direct them at different targets
[Tue Aug 21 20:15:23 2007] : DM: Spell resistance roll.
[Tue Aug 21 20:15:39 2007] : Dan: [1d20+7] => [17,7] = (24)
[Tue Aug 21 20:16:27 2007] : Adrin (enter): 20:16
[Tue Aug 21 20:16:31 2007] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Aug 21 20:16:37 2007] : Adrin: Booting '(6) Adrin' from server...
[Tue Aug 21 20:16:39 2007] : Adrin (exit): 20:16
[Tue Aug 21 20:16:56 2007] : Adrin (enter): 20:16
[Tue Aug 21 20:17:13 2007] : Adrin: ooc :/
[Tue Aug 21 20:17:21 2007] : Oona: Oona advances and tries to aim between Adrin and Ali
[Tue Aug 21 20:17:25 2007] : Adrin: Booting '(7) Adrin' from server...
[Tue Aug 21 20:17:26 2007] : Adrin (exit): 20:17
[Tue Aug 21 20:17:48 2007] : Oona: on 2
[Tue Aug 21 20:17:51 2007] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) + PBS (base): [1d20+12] => [9,12] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [1,5] = (6)
[Tue Aug 21 20:17:52 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Again? You didn't miis much, luckily
[Tue Aug 21 20:17:59 2007] : Oona: done.
[Tue Aug 21 20:18:03 2007] : DM: Miss.
[Tue Aug 21 20:18:17 2007] : Adrin: ooc just got booted, everything else was fine
[Tue Aug 21 20:18:24 2007] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Aug 21 20:18:38 2007] : Adrin: Adrin steps up to #3 again
[Tue Aug 21 20:18:42 2007] : Adrin: Adrin: Throws a Hissy Fit for 8 rounds: +4 Str, +4 Con, +2 Will, -2 AC
[Tue Aug 21 20:18:44 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+14] => [20,14] = (34) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] => [6,4,7] = (17)
[Tue Aug 21 20:18:45 2007] : Adrin: Critical hit? [1d20+14] => [2,14] = (16) ===> Damage: [4d6+14] => [3,6,1,5,14] = (29)
[Tue Aug 21 20:18:45 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (second): [1d20+9] => [13,9] = (22) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] => [5,3,7] = (15)
[Tue Aug 21 20:19:25 2007] : DM: Adrin nearly cuts the troglodytes into two.
[Tue Aug 21 20:19:44 2007] : Adrin: done
[Tue Aug 21 20:19:51 2007] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Aug 21 20:19:57 2007] : Adrin: (except for a bit of a manic laugh)
[Tue Aug 21 20:20:08 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes after her own target again
[Tue Aug 21 20:20:12 2007] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+11] => [14,11] = (25) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [3,6,5] = (14)
[Tue Aug 21 20:20:20 2007] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Aug 21 20:21:29 2007] : Troglodyte: The remaining troglodyte steps back again and stabs at Aliatra
[Tue Aug 21 20:21:36 2007] : Troglodyte: Longspear (base): [1d20+6] => [9,6] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d8+2] => [4,2] = (6)
[Tue Aug 21 20:21:41 2007] : Troglodyte: Misses.
[Tue Aug 21 20:22:02 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra snorts as the spear misses her by almost a foot
[Tue Aug 21 20:22:48 2007] : Thandas Anath: Thandas bounds across to Adrin, drawing her twin short sword, one blade black and dripping, the other pale and frosted.
[Tue Aug 21 20:22:54 2007] : Thandas Anath: ooc AoO from the Lion
[Tue Aug 21 20:22:56 2007] : Dan: Augmented Celestial Lion: Claw: [1d20+9] => [8,9] = (17) ==> Damage: [1d4+7] => [1,7] = (8) (treat as magical)
[Tue Aug 21 20:23:01 2007] : Thandas Anath: Miss
[Tue Aug 21 20:23:04 2007] : Thandas Anath: Black sister +1,1d4 acid (base): [1d20+15] => [17,15] = (32) ===> Damage: [1d6+5+1d4] => [5,5,3] = (13)
[Tue Aug 21 20:23:15 2007] : Adrin: "Urgh"
[Tue Aug 21 20:23:35 2007] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Aug 21 20:23:42 2007] : DM: I mean Dan?
[Tue Aug 21 20:23:51 2007] : Dan: ooc isn't acid (base) an oxymoron ;)
[Tue Aug 21 20:24:00 2007] : Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Tue Aug 21 20:24:09 2007] : DM: ooc heh
[Tue Aug 21 20:24:10 2007] : Oona: ooc lol
[Tue Aug 21 20:24:15 2007] : Dan: ooc where's the nasty trog?
[Tue Aug 21 20:24:32 2007] : Aliatra: ooc In front of Adrin
[Tue Aug 21 20:24:33 2007] : Adrin: ooc infront of me
[Tue Aug 21 20:24:40 2007] : DM: ooc #1 is the lithe humanoid, #2 is the troglodytes
[Tue Aug 21 20:24:43 2007] : Dan: Augmented Celestial Lion: Jump Check [1d20+11] => [11,11] = (22)
[Tue Aug 21 20:24:54 2007] : Dan: Augmented Celestial Lion: Pounce (treat as magical):
Claw
[1d20+9] => [14,9] = (23) ==> Damage: [1d4+7] => [1,7] = (8)
Claw [1d20+9] => [11,9] = (20) ==> Damage: [1d4+7] => [2,7] = (9)
Bite [1d20+4] => [12,4] = (16) ==> Damage: [1d8+3] => [4,3] = (7)
Rake [1d20+9] => [7,9] = (16) ==> Damage: [1d4+3] => [4,3] = (7)
Rake [1d20+9] => [11,9] = (20) ==> Damage: [1d4+3] => [1,3] = (4)

[Tue Aug 21 20:25:08 2007] : DM: ooc what's the jump check for?
[Tue Aug 21 20:25:25 2007] : Dan: ooc the pounce - I never know how that works ;)
[Tue Aug 21 20:25:51 2007] : DM: The lion pounces on the troglodyte from behind and it falls to the ground.
[Tue Aug 21 20:26:11 2007] : Dan: Dan moves up
[Tue Aug 21 20:26:24 2007] : Dan: Composite longbow +1 (base): [1d20+9] => [7,9] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] => [7,1] = (8)
[Tue Aug 21 20:26:24 2007] : DM: ooc you didn't attack the trog.
[Tue Aug 21 20:26:57 2007] : DM: #1 is still standing.
[Tue Aug 21 20:26:58 2007] : Dan: ooc I attacked the humanoid, sorry I'm confused
[Tue Aug 21 20:27:09 2007] : Dan: ooc I meant #1
[Tue Aug 21 20:27:56 2007] : Dan: ooc if the humanoid is still standing, Dan does not move forwards
[Tue Aug 21 20:28:17 2007] : Adrin: ooc from the SRD: Pounce (Ex): If a lion charges a foe, it can make a full attack, including two rake attacks.
[Tue Aug 21 20:28:51 2007] : Dan: ooc ah, so he has to charge - which he couldn't, so only one claw attack then
[Tue Aug 21 20:29:11 2007] : DM: ooc which would be the only attack that hit anyway
[Tue Aug 21 20:29:21 2007] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Aug 21 20:29:32 2007] : Dan: OK...
[Tue Aug 21 20:29:41 2007] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray (base): [1d20+8] => [15,8] = (23) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [1,4,2,4,0] = (11)
[Tue Aug 21 20:29:43 2007] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray (base): [1d20+8] => [11,8] = (19) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [4,6,2,6,0] = (18)
[Tue Aug 21 20:30:02 2007] : Dan: Both on the humanoid
[Tue Aug 21 20:30:05 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Aug 21 20:30:09 2007] : DM: Spell resistance
[Tue Aug 21 20:30:14 2007] : Dan: [1d20+7] => [13,7] = (20)
[Tue Aug 21 20:30:37 2007] : DM: Dan fries Thandas Anath to death.
[Tue Aug 21 20:30:51 2007] : Oona: Oona shoulders her bow and draws her sword.
[Tue Aug 21 20:30:54 2007] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Aug 21 20:31:18 2007] : Oona: ooc that's all I can do right? Or can I move forward?
[Tue Aug 21 20:31:42 2007] : DM: ooc You can move while drawing a weapon
[Tue Aug 21 20:32:05 2007] : Oona: move 5 feet. And done for now.
[Tue Aug 21 20:32:11 2007] : Dan: brb loo
[Tue Aug 21 20:32:19 2007] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Aug 21 20:32:30 2007] : Adrin: Adrin turns his manic glare on the remaining Trog and steps towards him
[Tue Aug 21 20:32:36 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+14] => [19,14] = (33) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] => [4,5,7] = (16)
[Tue Aug 21 20:32:36 2007] : Adrin: Critical hit? [1d20+14] => [7,14] = (21) ===> Damage: [4d6+14] => [6,6,5,5,14] = (36)
[Tue Aug 21 20:32:36 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (second): [1d20+9] => [2,9] = (11) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] => [2,6,7] = (15)
[Tue Aug 21 20:33:10 2007] : DM: Adrin chops another reptile in half.
[Tue Aug 21 20:33:24 2007] : Adrin: Done
[Tue Aug 21 20:33:31 2007] : Aliatra: "Aww, you could have saved some for me"
[Tue Aug 21 20:33:39 2007] : Dan: ooc back
[Tue Aug 21 20:34:09 2007] : Adrin: "Armour makes you slow"
[Tue Aug 21 20:34:50 2007] : Dan: Dan sends the lion into the next room quickly
[Tue Aug 21 20:34:51 2007] : Aliatra: "Don't blame my armour when you know you want to have all the fun"
[Tue Aug 21 20:35:13 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra grins and claps Adrin's shoulder
[Tue Aug 21 20:35:43 2007] : Dan: Dan has a look at the humanoid
[Tue Aug 21 20:35:54 2007] : Oona: Oona searches the humanoid's body
[Tue Aug 21 20:35:54 2007] : Adrin: ooc combat over?
[Tue Aug 21 20:35:54 2007] : Dan: "So what is this creature?"
[Tue Aug 21 20:35:57 2007] : Kevork Vartan: A weak quavering voice comes from one of the rooms on the left.
[Tue Aug 21 20:36:09 2007] : Kevork Vartan: "Hello...? Who's there?"
[Tue Aug 21 20:36:11 2007] : Dan: ooc Lion is in one of them
[Tue Aug 21 20:36:51 2007] : Kevork Vartan: Oona, the yuan-ti has a chain shirt and two short swords -- one white and one black.
[Tue Aug 21 20:37:11 2007] : Aliatra: "Who are you?"
[Tue Aug 21 20:37:29 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes into the direction of the voice, sword still at the ready
[Tue Aug 21 20:38:07 2007] : Kevork Vartan: The left most room is a library and study, pilled high wiith books and tomes and unhidy heaps.
[Tue Aug 21 20:38:13 2007] : Oona: Oona lays her findings near the body and follows Ali, keeping to the shadows
[Tue Aug 21 20:38:36 2007] : Kevork Vartan: Seated in front of a desk and dressed in ragged clothes is an old man with long white, untidy hair.
[Tue Aug 21 20:38:37 2007] : Adrin: ooc just realised My AC quoted in the player list should be 19
[Tue Aug 21 20:39:02 2007] : Dan: Lion disappears in a shower of sparks
[Tue Aug 21 20:39:46 2007] : Adrin: Adrin follows
[Tue Aug 21 20:39:57 2007] : Kevork Vartan: As the old man turns to look at you you hear the rattle and clank of chains.
[Tue Aug 21 20:40:22 2007] : Aliatra: "It seems not all the cells were downstairs"
[Tue Aug 21 20:41:11 2007] : Dan: Dan follows the voice too
[Tue Aug 21 20:41:12 2007] : Aliatra: "Who are you? What are you doing here? Why are you even alive?"
[Tue Aug 21 20:41:16 2007] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Aug 21 20:41:18 2007] : Dan: "Indeed Ali"
[Tue Aug 21 20:41:23 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra takes a look at the chains
[Tue Aug 21 20:42:04 2007] : Aliatra: "Oona, did you find a key on the body of that creature?"
[Tue Aug 21 20:42:18 2007] : Kevork Vartan: "My name is Kevork Vartan, I am a scholar and wizard of minor talents."
[Tue Aug 21 20:43:17 2007] : Kevork Vartan: "Who are you and what purpose brings you here? Are you here for my research?"
[Tue Aug 21 20:43:35 2007] : Dan: "Research?"
[Tue Aug 21 20:43:42 2007] : Aliatra: "We are here to find out what has been happening for the last 75 years"
[Tue Aug 21 20:44:45 2007] : Kevork Vartan: He waves vaguely "The transient inter-dimensional rift."
[Tue Aug 21 20:44:58 2007] : Adrin: ooc back
[Tue Aug 21 20:45:05 2007] : Dan: "Ah, that which we saw on the other island. Most intriguing"
[Tue Aug 21 20:45:30 2007] : Adrin: "That gateway thing?"
[Tue Aug 21 20:45:45 2007] : Aliatra: "Do you know how that works?"
[Tue Aug 21 20:46:29 2007] : Kevork Vartan: "It's a complex phenomenon, there are many inter-dependant variables."
[Tue Aug 21 20:46:54 2007] : Oona: "And you can explain in less than five minutes"
[Tue Aug 21 20:47:00 2007] : Aliatra: ooc "Inter-dimensional rift" sounds like some kind of wormhole ;-)
[Tue Aug 21 20:47:04 2007] : Oona: "I mean, roughly?"
[Tue Aug 21 20:47:16 2007] : Oona: ooc and it's transient, man
[Tue Aug 21 20:47:54 2007] : Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Tue Aug 21 20:48:00 2007] : Dan: "I am capable of understanding the arcane, perhaps you would share som einformation in return for your freedom?"!
[Tue Aug 21 20:48:04 2007] : Kevork Vartan: "Such knowledge is not for just anyone. How do I know you're more trustworthy than that snake, Anath?"
[Tue Aug 21 20:48:52 2007] : Dan: "I am a grey elf of the Eyrie realm. Do not doubt our provenance"
[Tue Aug 21 20:49:14 2007] : Dan: "We are removing the taint of those lizards as we progres"
[Tue Aug 21 20:49:20 2007] : Adrin: "And we could always leave you chained here"
[Tue Aug 21 20:49:44 2007] : Aliatra: "We can't proce how trusworthy we are, so you either believe us or not. By the way, how trusworty are you?"
[Tue Aug 21 20:50:01 2007] : Kevork Vartan: "I have been chained here for 50 years, what will a few more years mean to me?"
[Tue Aug 21 20:50:06 2007] : Aliatra: "And where is the key to these chains?"
[Tue Aug 21 20:50:18 2007] : Adrin: Adrin shrugs
[Tue Aug 21 20:50:21 2007] : Kevork Vartan: "I don't know."
[Tue Aug 21 20:50:29 2007] : Adrin: "See, he's happy to die here. Lets go"
[Tue Aug 21 20:51:02 2007] : Aliatra: "Hold still why I try to break them"
[Tue Aug 21 20:51:07 2007] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+11] => [16,11] = (27) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [4,5,5] = (14)
[Tue Aug 21 20:51:28 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra attacks the chains
[Tue Aug 21 20:51:30 2007] : Kevork Vartan: The rusted chain snaps.
[Tue Aug 21 20:51:48 2007] : Aliatra: "That was easy. So where do we go now?"
[Tue Aug 21 20:53:12 2007] : Dan: "How did you end up here?"
[Tue Aug 21 20:53:26 2007] : Aliatra: "What more can we find out here? And what riches are there just for the taking?"
[Tue Aug 21 20:53:58 2007] : Kevork Vartan: "I go anywhere except this room." he indicates the piles of books. "My research lies there, use it well." he starts to shuffle slowly out of the room.
[Tue Aug 21 20:54:44 2007] : Dan: "Now I'm in a quandary. I suppose we can pick this up on the way out"
[Tue Aug 21 20:54:53 2007] : Dan: "I'll study it on the way back"
[Tue Aug 21 20:55:01 2007] : Aliatra: "We'lll be leaving this island soon. Want to come with us?"
[Tue Aug 21 20:55:02 2007] : Oona: ooc fuck
[Tue Aug 21 20:55:08 2007] : Adrin: ooc ?
[Tue Aug 21 20:55:22 2007] : Kevork Vartan: ooc there's 50 years worth of research in the room. it's going to require decades of study.
[Tue Aug 21 20:55:22 2007] : Oona: Oona steps in the doorway, keeping the man from walking out.
[Tue Aug 21 20:55:34 2007] : Oona: ooc had typed a long sentence and was wiped out. Hmpf.
[Tue Aug 21 20:55:47 2007] : Kevork Vartan: ooc brb
[Tue Aug 21 20:56:12 2007] : Adrin: ooc I'd grab a few books to bring back as evidence theres something here to study
[Tue Aug 21 20:56:21 2007] : Dan: "Or at least skim read some of it"
[Tue Aug 21 20:57:27 2007] : Dan: "Before we leave I'll spend some time trying to ascertain which books are the most important, and we can take them with us. If they're important, then one of the colleges can send people back to study and collect the rest"
[Tue Aug 21 20:57:37 2007] : Kevork Vartan: "To what purpose do you keep me here?"
[Tue Aug 21 20:58:00 2007] : Adrin: "Fine, I'm going to check the other room"
[Tue Aug 21 20:58:03 2007] : Oona: "None, actually"
[Tue Aug 21 20:58:08 2007] : Aliatra: "We need to find out if we can trust you"
[Tue Aug 21 20:58:15 2007] : Kevork Vartan: "I told that snake Anath nothing of use in 50 years, what do you think I will tell you?"
[Tue Aug 21 20:58:54 2007] : Aliatra: "Perhaps you could tell us what that snake wanted and if she has any allies that don't live on these islands"
[Tue Aug 21 20:59:03 2007] : Adrin: "Oh leave him. He's gone crazy"
[Tue Aug 21 20:59:27 2007] : Oona: "Right. Where are you going?"
[Tue Aug 21 20:59:40 2007] : Aliatra: "And we would like to know if that transient inter-dimensional rift is dangerous"
[Tue Aug 21 20:59:41 2007] : Kevork Vartan: "Away, anywhere, I care not."
[Tue Aug 21 20:59:52 2007] : Dan: "He's not crazy, just eager to ber out of here. Seems perfectly sane behaviour to me"
[Tue Aug 21 20:59:53 2007] : Oona: "Actually, why did the snake want to know exactly"
[Tue Aug 21 21:00:10 2007] : Aliatra: "So come with us, unless you want to spend the remainder of your days here, alone"
[Tue Aug 21 21:00:26 2007] : Dan: "If you don't want the knowledge to be passed on, why study and document for 50 years?"
[Tue Aug 21 21:00:45 2007] : Dan: "The point of all great studies is to be recognised as a great scholar"
[Tue Aug 21 21:00:52 2007] : Kevork Vartan: "She was exiled and wished to use the rift's power for vengence."
[Tue Aug 21 21:01:01 2007] : Kevork Vartan: "Such is not the path of a true scholar."
[Tue Aug 21 21:01:04 2007] : Dan: "You can't do that if no-one gets to see what you have learned"
[Tue Aug 21 21:01:47 2007] : Dan: "We can take you back to the mainland if you wish, books and all"
[Tue Aug 21 21:02:26 2007] : Oona: "Exiled?"
[Tue Aug 21 21:02:39 2007] : Kevork Vartan: "I think I could not live amonst so many people after so long here. I shall live out my days here in this island."
[Tue Aug 21 21:02:51 2007] : Dan: "We have no quarrel with you, but as you've been here for 50 years, any information that will help us to clear this fort would be good"
[Tue Aug 21 21:03:00 2007] : Adrin: "See? Nuts"
[Tue Aug 21 21:03:14 2007] : Dan: "I'm sure you don't want to end up chained here again"
[Tue Aug 21 21:03:39 2007] : Oona: "Especially with none to feed you and all"
[Tue Aug 21 21:03:44 2007] : Kevork Vartan: "There is no one else here, we have dwindled over the years."
[Tue Aug 21 21:04:02 2007] : Aliatra: "We? Who is we?"
[Tue Aug 21 21:04:09 2007] : Dan: "I would ask you to write us an abstract of your studies. That way we can present them, and you may get some eager scholars attnding you here"
[Tue Aug 21 21:05:26 2007] : Dan: "The other main island will soon be mined again, and therefore ships will be headed this way anyway"
[Tue Aug 21 21:05:43 2007] : Aliatra: "I hope for your sake no other snake will come here. But if you want to stay here, alone, that is how it shall be. Just write us a report about what happened here these last decades"
[Tue Aug 21 21:06:27 2007] : Kevork Vartan: "Many years past I was part of an expedition to these islands. Of the dozen scholars from that fateful expedition I only remain. Even the snake's troglodyte guard dwindled and you've now slain the last two."
[Tue Aug 21 21:07:10 2007] : Dan: "Well, it seems that our work here is done."
[Tue Aug 21 21:07:38 2007] : Dan: "Will you write us an abstract of your studies, to be presented back in the city?"
[Tue Aug 21 21:08:25 2007] : Kevork Vartan: "Oh, I think I have one already." He pulls out a wrn piece of paper from a pile and hands it over.
[Tue Aug 21 21:09:12 2007] : Dan: Dan studies it eagerly
[Tue Aug 21 21:09:40 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's have a look around here before we leave. O, Kevork, what do you know about flying orbs?"
[Tue Aug 21 21:09:41 2007] : Dan: "Do you have anything ese for us to take back to the mainland? Who was your original charter with?"
[Tue Aug 21 21:10:14 2007] : Kevork Vartan: "Transient, inter-dimensional rifts and their anchorage in the material plane, by Scholar Kevork Vartan"
[Tue Aug 21 21:10:57 2007] : Kevork Vartan: "Oh, I don't really remember. A university I think."
[Tue Aug 21 21:12:26 2007] : Dan: "OK, thanks"
[Tue Aug 21 21:12:47 2007] : Dan: Shall we see if there's anything else in here, or even further on the island?"
[Tue Aug 21 21:12:51 2007] : Adrin: "Well, I say we give this place the once over, check back with the Lizards and get out of here"
[Tue Aug 21 21:13:01 2007] : Dan: "Good idea Adrin"
[Tue Aug 21 21:14:33 2007] : Dan: "Shall we check those other two corpses before we leave?"
[Tue Aug 21 21:14:50 2007] : Adrin: "oh, by the way old man, we let a big cat out so watch your step, hehehe"
[Tue Aug 21 21:15:18 2007] : Kevork Vartan: "Your advice is appreciated."
[Tue Aug 21 21:15:58 2007] : Adrin: "One last thing. Dont call it Spot!"
[Tue Aug 21 21:16:02 2007] : Dan: "Yes, a very big cat, and if there's not much food on this island, you may be the closest thing to a big meal left here"
[Tue Aug 21 21:16:14 2007] : Oona: ooc brb loo
[Tue Aug 21 21:16:18 2007] : Aliatra: "To a warm meal, at least"
[Tue Aug 21 21:16:38 2007] : Aliatra: "But do you know anything about flying orbs?"
[Tue Aug 21 21:17:07 2007] : Dan: "Yes, we don't think that we've encountered their master yet"
[Tue Aug 21 21:18:03 2007] : Kevork Vartan: ooc Er, I knew I'd forgotten something...
[Tue Aug 21 21:18:35 2007] : Dan: ooc :D
[Tue Aug 21 21:18:50 2007] : Kevork Vartan: "Glass orbs? A small experiment of mine. Rather sucessful if you ask me."
[Tue Aug 21 21:18:51 2007] : Aliatra: ooc You, DM? Never! ;-)
[Tue Aug 21 21:19:18 2007] : Aliatra: "Not bad for a wizard of *minor talents*"
[Tue Aug 21 21:19:47 2007] : Adrin: Adrin mutters under his breath
[Tue Aug 21 21:19:58 2007] : Kevork Vartan: *shrug*
[Tue Aug 21 21:20:14 2007] : Dan: "So why did you attack the ship?"
[Tue Aug 21 21:20:26 2007] : Aliatra: 'I just wish what the story with the doppelgangers was"
[Tue Aug 21 21:20:38 2007] : Aliatra: wish to know
[Tue Aug 21 21:21:02 2007] : Dan: ooc doppelgangers?? I've forgotten
[Tue Aug 21 21:21:15 2007] : Kevork Vartan: ooc hey, stop digging holes in my plot!
[Tue Aug 21 21:21:16 2007] : Adrin: ooc oh yeah, I'd forgotten about those
[Tue Aug 21 21:21:58 2007] : Kevork Vartan: "No harm was done."
[Tue Aug 21 21:22:04 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Oops, sorry DM
[Tue Aug 21 21:22:42 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Hannele runs off to a corner so the DM does see her laughing
[Tue Aug 21 21:22:42 2007] : Oona: ooc I've forgotten the orbs
[Tue Aug 21 21:22:51 2007] : Aliatra: doesn't
[Tue Aug 21 21:22:53 2007] : Kevork Vartan: "Thandas Anath paid many people and other darker creatures to further her cause."
[Tue Aug 21 21:23:40 2007] : Dan: "Where did they come from? Where are they now?"
[Tue Aug 21 21:24:31 2007] : Kevork Vartan: (shrugs) "I was her slave nor her personal secretary"
[Tue Aug 21 21:24:49 2007] : Aliatra: ooc ROTFLOL
[Tue Aug 21 21:25:16 2007] : Adrin: "We're getting nothing more from this guy"
[Tue Aug 21 21:25:37 2007] : Dan: "Let's move on. Enjoy the big cat"
[Tue Aug 21 21:25:45 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's wrap it up and get back to town"
[Tue Aug 21 21:26:00 2007] : Dan: "He's harmless, like your orb"
[Tue Aug 21 21:26:40 2007] : Aliatra: "At least until his food runs out"
[Tue Aug 21 21:26:41 2007] : Kevork Vartan: Kevork wanders away and down the stairs.
[Tue Aug 21 21:27:18 2007] : Adrin: Adrin has a quick look in the other room
[Tue Aug 21 21:27:36 2007] : Dan: ooc it attacked us on the ship - sent rays that burned us
[Tue Aug 21 21:27:43 2007] : DM: It's kitted out as a alchemical laboratory
[Tue Aug 21 21:27:58 2007] : Adrin: ooc oops, wrong button
[Tue Aug 21 21:28:00 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra takes anotherlook at the big room
[Tue Aug 21 21:28:03 2007] : Dan: "Seems he wasn't always chained up then"
[Tue Aug 21 21:28:24 2007] : Oona: "Oona goes back to the body and gathers the swords and chainshirt
[Tue Aug 21 21:28:26 2007] : Dan: Dan takes his time to search the lab
[Tue Aug 21 21:28:38 2007] : Aliatra: "Or he made the orbs and that snake controlled them"
[Tue Aug 21 21:28:49 2007] : Dan: Search - take 20 = 27
[Tue Aug 21 21:29:21 2007] : DM: Various chemicals and reagents, assorted glasswear etc. etc.
[Tue Aug 21 21:29:55 2007] : Oona: OOna goes back to the library and searches thoroughly this time.
[Tue Aug 21 21:30:30 2007] : DM: Many, books and tomes and papers.
[Tue Aug 21 21:30:48 2007] : Oona: (taking 20 so 30)
[Tue Aug 21 21:31:14 2007] : Adrin: Adrin practices combat moves while waiting
[Tue Aug 21 21:31:23 2007] : DM: Even more musty volumes
[Tue Aug 21 21:31:26 2007] : Dan: ooc anything look worth taking or unusual?
[Tue Aug 21 21:31:59 2007] : DM: No.
[Tue Aug 21 21:32:25 2007] : Dan: Dan leaves the room
[Tue Aug 21 21:32:36 2007] : Dan: Shall we try these big doors?"
[Tue Aug 21 21:32:43 2007] : Dan: "Shall we try these big doors?"
[Tue Aug 21 21:32:51 2007] : Aliatra: "Sure"
[Tue Aug 21 21:32:56 2007] : Adrin: "Absolutely"
[Tue Aug 21 21:34:17 2007] : Oona: "Yes"
[Tue Aug 21 21:34:29 2007] : DM: The doors are not locked and open to reveal a once opulent bedchamber but now faded and shabby.
[Tue Aug 21 21:34:39 2007] : Dan: "I just hope that guy wasn't having us on, and was really the mastermind here"
[Tue Aug 21 21:35:01 2007] : Oona: "Chained up?"
[Tue Aug 21 21:35:29 2007] : Dan: "Could have chained himself up as we entered"
[Tue Aug 21 21:35:31 2007] : Aliatra: "Well, this is a bit of a let-down. A bedchamber!"
[Tue Aug 21 21:35:44 2007] : Dan: "Let's examine it anyway"
[Tue Aug 21 21:36:17 2007] : DM: There's a wardrone with some assorted clothes, a large iron bound chest but now much else.
[Tue Aug 21 21:37:02 2007] : Dan: "Oona, care to check the chest?"
[Tue Aug 21 21:37:09 2007] : Adrin: "oh, a chest. Open it"
[Tue Aug 21 21:37:10 2007] : Aliatra: "Yes, please do"
[Tue Aug 21 21:37:40 2007] : Oona: Oonja searches fro traps and mechanisms
[Tue Aug 21 21:37:43 2007] : Oona: Search Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [9,13] = (22)
[Tue Aug 21 21:38:25 2007] : Oona: ooc I never remember. Ican't take 20 for search for traps, but I can take 10 right,?
[Tue Aug 21 21:38:47 2007] : DM: ooc yes, but you have to decide before you roll.
[Tue Aug 21 21:39:03 2007] : Oona: ooc yes, I was just chekcing
[Tue Aug 21 21:39:06 2007] : Adrin: ooc you can't take 20 if there is a possible negative outcome
[Tue Aug 21 21:39:13 2007] : Oona: ooc ah, ok.
[Tue Aug 21 21:39:37 2007] : Oona: "Hmmm"
[Tue Aug 21 21:39:44 2007] : Oona: "That one looks quite nasty."
[Tue Aug 21 21:39:58 2007] : Oona: Everyone take a step back please. I wouldn't want this to hurt anyone"
[Tue Aug 21 21:40:09 2007] : Adrin: Adrin backs off
[Tue Aug 21 21:40:19 2007] : Oona: Oona examines the chest's lid a little longer
[Tue Aug 21 21:40:39 2007] : Dan: Dan backs off too
[Tue Aug 21 21:40:41 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra steps back while keeping a close look on what Oona's doing
[Tue Aug 21 21:40:57 2007] : Aliatra: "You e careful now"
[Tue Aug 21 21:41:37 2007] : Oona: OOna lloks in her thieve's tools box and chooses a pair of tweezers and a long thin tube-like thing
[Tue Aug 21 21:42:31 2007] : Oona: "OOna slowly tries to prod the mechanism while keeping the needle in her tweezers
[Tue Aug 21 21:42:39 2007] : Oona: Disable Device Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [19,14] = (33)
[Tue Aug 21 21:42:50 2007] : Oona: ooc or you roll it?
[Tue Aug 21 21:43:06 2007] : DM: ooc I roll it.
[Tue Aug 21 21:43:14 2007] : Oona: ooc sad :-)
[Tue Aug 21 21:43:19 2007] : Oona: ooc it was a good one :)
[Tue Aug 21 21:43:42 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Could hardly have been better
[Tue Aug 21 21:44:34 2007] : Oona: Oona slowly steps back from the chest with a long dark needle in her tweezers
[Tue Aug 21 21:45:15 2007] : Oona: "Well, I seem to have taken this one out. I'm not sure about the poison, but it's definitely poison, and not perfume, on this needle. It would have sprung on us".
[Tue Aug 21 21:45:31 2007] : Oona: Oona drops the needle in a box in her tool box
[Tue Aug 21 21:45:43 2007] : Oona: and goes back to examining the lid
[Tue Aug 21 21:45:44 2007] : Dan: "Well done Oona"
[Tue Aug 21 21:45:45 2007] : Aliatra: "I'll believe you"
[Tue Aug 21 21:45:47 2007] : Adrin: "So open it then"
[Tue Aug 21 21:45:50 2007] : Oona: Search Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [15,13] = (28)
[Tue Aug 21 21:46:07 2007] : Oona: looking for residues or a new mechanism
[Tue Aug 21 21:46:19 2007] : Oona: ooc is the check locked in the end?
[Tue Aug 21 21:46:22 2007] : Oona: ooc lol
[Tue Aug 21 21:46:59 2007] : DM: ooc it's locked.
[Tue Aug 21 21:47:12 2007] : Oona: Oona then takes a pari of thin iron bars the size of keys and starts prodding the lock
[Tue Aug 21 21:47:15 2007] : Adrin: "Sigh"
[Tue Aug 21 21:47:23 2007] : Oona: Open Lock Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [8,15] = (23)
[Tue Aug 21 21:47:32 2007] : DM: ooc Take 20?
[Tue Aug 21 21:47:40 2007] : Aliatra: "I could always bash it open, you know"
[Tue Aug 21 21:47:42 2007] : Oona: ooc oh I can? OK. Then I do.
[Tue Aug 21 21:48:14 2007] : DM: Another some minutes of careful prodding the lock to the check clicks open.
[Tue Aug 21 21:48:21 2007] : Oona: ooc I thought there might be traps I hadn't seen, but I suppose that's not my problem anymore... It'd go off anyway.
[Tue Aug 21 21:48:25 2007] : Oona: ooc :-)
[Tue Aug 21 21:48:28 2007] : Oona: "Here you go"
[Tue Aug 21 21:48:39 2007] : Dan: "Excellent job Oona"
[Tue Aug 21 21:48:48 2007] : Oona: Oona opens the chest, standing aside of it.
[Tue Aug 21 21:49:09 2007] : Aliatra: "Thanks, Oona"
[Tue Aug 21 21:49:17 2007] : Oona: "No problem"
[Tue Aug 21 21:49:19 2007] : Adrin: ooc better hope theres no more traps in that position!
[Tue Aug 21 21:49:27 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra has a look at the chest
[Tue Aug 21 21:49:33 2007] : DM: The check is empty except for a handful of tarnished silver coins.
[Tue Aug 21 21:49:42 2007] : DM: ooc chest
[Tue Aug 21 21:49:46 2007] : Oona: ooc lol
[Tue Aug 21 21:49:52 2007] : Aliatra: "All tyhat work for a handful of silver"
[Tue Aug 21 21:49:54 2007] : Adrin: "Is that it?"
[Tue Aug 21 21:49:59 2007] : Oona: "Are you sure?"
[Tue Aug 21 21:50:00 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra laughs
[Tue Aug 21 21:50:00 2007] : DM: It seems that Thandas Anath was broke.
[Tue Aug 21 21:50:20 2007] : Oona: It seems a grand defense for so little...
[Tue Aug 21 21:50:28 2007] : Oona: "It seems a grand defense for so little..."
[Tue Aug 21 21:50:39 2007] : Adrin: "Maybe it used to be full"
[Tue Aug 21 21:50:47 2007] : DM: ooc 85 XP for the trap.
[Tue Aug 21 21:50:51 2007] : Oona: OOna prods the silver with her sword and tries to tap the bottom of the chest
[Tue Aug 21 21:51:08 2007] : Dan: ooc each?
[Tue Aug 21 21:51:11 2007] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Aug 21 21:51:35 2007] : Oona: ooc I hope that trap was worth more than *just* 85 XP ;-)
[Tue Aug 21 21:52:09 2007] : Dan: "Perhaps there's a fals bottom?"
[Tue Aug 21 21:52:29 2007] : DM: There is not false bottom.
[Tue Aug 21 21:53:20 2007] : Dan: ooc :P
[Tue Aug 21 21:53:44 2007] : Adrin (enter): 21:53
[Tue Aug 21 21:54:00 2007] : Dan: "Well, we're not doing anything here. Back down a level and try the main doors?"
[Tue Aug 21 21:54:02 2007] : Adrin: ooc hmph
[Tue Aug 21 21:54:07 2007] : Aliatra: ooc wb
[Tue Aug 21 21:54:19 2007] : Adrin: Booting '(8) Adrin' from server...
[Tue Aug 21 21:54:20 2007] : Adrin (exit): 21:54
[Tue Aug 21 21:54:32 2007] : Adrin: ooc theres about 4 of me in the lobby :)
[Tue Aug 21 21:54:35 2007] : Aliatra: "Yes, then a quick visit with the lizard folk and then town, sweet town"
[Tue Aug 21 21:54:42 2007] : Adrin: "Lets go"
[Tue Aug 21 21:54:51 2007] : Aliatra: ooc No need to be lonely yhen ;-)
[Tue Aug 21 21:56:09 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra turns and heads for the stairs
[Tue Aug 21 21:56:47 2007] : Adrin: Adrin does likewise
[Tue Aug 21 21:57:20 2007] : Oona: follows...
[Tue Aug 21 21:57:37 2007] : Dan: "OK then"
[Tue Aug 21 21:58:16 2007] : DM: There's nothing else of interest on the island, the front doors lead to a small harbour in which there's a small ocean-going yacht docked.
[Tue Aug 21 21:59:08 2007] : Dan: "OK, back to the boat then"
[Tue Aug 21 22:00:05 2007] : Sorry I don't know what /nck is!
[Tue Aug 21 22:00:08 2007] : Sorry I don't know what /nik is!
[Tue Aug 21 22:00:15 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's nt forget to tell the captain about that boat here"
[Tue Aug 21 22:00:29 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra points at teh yacht
[Tue Aug 21 22:00:36 2007] : Capt. Randolf: "Hail there! What news from the island?"
[Tue Aug 21 22:00:37 2007] : Adrin: "He could get a couple of sailors to bring it back"
[Tue Aug 21 22:01:21 2007] : Dan: "Hey!"
[Tue Aug 21 22:01:25 2007] : Aliatra: "No more troglodytes, one released lizard man, one released wizard and one free, very big cat"
[Tue Aug 21 22:01:32 2007] : Dan: "We weren't expecting to see you"
[Tue Aug 21 22:01:40 2007] : Adrin: "That about sums it up"
[Tue Aug 21 22:02:33 2007] : Capt. Randolf: "So these island are safe for miners to return?"
[Tue Aug 21 22:02:40 2007] : Aliatra: "O, and one boat in that other harbour"
[Tue Aug 21 22:02:42 2007] : Oona: "This one at least"
[Tue Aug 21 22:02:55 2007] : Oona: "The one with the weird portal there... I am not so sure"
[Tue Aug 21 22:03:07 2007] : Aliatra: "We need to visit that other island one more time before we can say how safe it is"
[Tue Aug 21 22:03:20 2007] : Oona: "and we needt o go talking to those folks whose king we freed"
[Tue Aug 21 22:03:21 2007] : Adrin: "As long as they dont bother the Lizards it should be ok. Speaking of which we need to go talk to them again
[Tue Aug 21 22:03:24 2007] : Capt. Randolf: "Perhaps ones for the academy wizards to investigate?"
[Tue Aug 21 22:03:34 2007] : Dan: "I should say so"
[Tue Aug 21 22:03:39 2007] : Aliatra: "O yes"
[Tue Aug 21 22:03:57 2007] : Oona: "to sign some kind of a treaty, or non-aggression pact, or whatever it is that military and diplomats sign"
[Tue Aug 21 22:04:16 2007] : Aliatra: "And some kind of guard should be established there before the mines are used again"
[Tue Aug 21 22:05:07 2007] : Capt. Randolf: "I cannot spare the people for such a task."
[Tue Aug 21 22:05:24 2007] : Oona: "which task"
[Tue Aug 21 22:05:33 2007] : Oona: "we've been talking about three different ones right there"
[Tue Aug 21 22:05:43 2007] : Adrin: "Any new expedition should bring enough guards to stay"
[Tue Aug 21 22:05:47 2007] : Capt. Randolf: ooc guarding the rift
[Tue Aug 21 22:05:58 2007] : Aliatra: "Now is not necessary, as long as it's done before the miners get to work and there is a lot of traffice here again"
[Tue Aug 21 22:07:34 2007] : Capt. Randolf: "Do we sail for Westharbour now?"
[Tue Aug 21 22:07:39 2007] : Oona: "I think more important would go and see the king"
[Tue Aug 21 22:07:46 2007] : Oona: and see what his disposition now is"
[Tue Aug 21 22:08:08 2007] : Capt. Randolf: "Right-o"
[Tue Aug 21 22:08:12 2007] : Aliatra: "Yes, let's set sail for Westharbour"
[Tue Aug 21 22:08:25 2007] : Capt. Randolf: You sail for the Leeward Isle and the Lizardfolk village
[Tue Aug 21 22:08:35 2007] : Dan: "No, we should return and ensure that the Lizardman king returned safely"
[Tue Aug 21 22:08:52 2007] : Dan: "We have the token to prove we freed him in peace"
[Tue Aug 21 22:08:52 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Sorry, confused about names again
[Tue Aug 21 22:10:21 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's make sure they don't try and kill the miners when they get here"
[Tue Aug 21 22:10:39 2007] : Capt. Randolf: The lizardfolk kings waits for you on the village's jetty
[Tue Aug 21 22:11:04 2007] : Dan: Dan speaks to him in Draconic
[Tue Aug 21 22:11:13 2007] : Dan: "Well met, you made it here safely"
[Tue Aug 21 22:12:50 2007] : Lizardfolk king: "Of course. And in gratitude I will honour our promise. An human settlers on these islands will be left unharmed. Unless they threaten us or our livelihood."
[Tue Aug 21 22:13:12 2007] : Dan: "We return your token in that case"
[Tue Aug 21 22:13:37 2007] : Lizardfolk king: "My thanks."
[Tue Aug 21 22:13:52 2007] : Dan: "We will convey this message. I expect that diplomats will follow to formalise the arrangement"
[Tue Aug 21 22:15:16 2007] : Lizardfolk king: "Farewlll, may you swim safe."
[Tue Aug 21 22:15:29 2007] : Dan: Dan bows slightly to the lizardfolk chief
[Tue Aug 21 22:15:50 2007] : Dan: Dan translates what was said to the others
[Tue Aug 21 22:16:46 2007] : Adrin: Adrin waves at the lizards and turns back for the ship
[Tue Aug 21 22:16:46 2007] : Dan: "OK, looks like we are done here"
[Tue Aug 21 22:17:10 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra bows to the king and follows Adrin
[Tue Aug 21 22:17:21 2007] : Aliatra: "Everything alright?"
[Tue Aug 21 22:17:34 2007] : Dan: "Seems to be"
[Tue Aug 21 22:18:00 2007] : Dan: "I just have niggling doubts about that wizard. But I have not the guile to detect any falsehoods"
[Tue Aug 21 22:18:11 2007] : Aliatra: "Good"
[Tue Aug 21 22:18:36 2007] : Aliatra: "I cant say I really trus him either, but perhaps the cat will eat him"
[Tue Aug 21 22:18:48 2007] : Dan: "I'm not so sure"
[Tue Aug 21 22:18:59 2007] : Adrin: "Serve him right if it did"
[Tue Aug 21 22:19:13 2007] : Oona: "Should we go back and interrogate him or something"
[Tue Aug 21 22:19:28 2007] : Dan: "Perhaps we should have forced him to come with us to account before Franseza?"
[Tue Aug 21 22:19:38 2007] : Adrin: "Oh leave it. We're not coming back so who cares"
[Tue Aug 21 22:19:41 2007] : Oona: "I didn't really pay attention at first. But the more you talk about it, the more I feel the same about that wizard"
[Tue Aug 21 22:19:49 2007] : Dan: "If she saw fit to free him to return, then that's up to her"
[Tue Aug 21 22:21:16 2007] : Aliatra: "Do you really want to go back to fetch him? If so, let's be quick, I want to be out of here as soon as possible"
[Tue Aug 21 22:21:51 2007] : Dan: "I don't know. I'd rather be sure. How do you all feel?"#
[Tue Aug 21 22:22:03 2007] : Dan: "We can have the captain moor in the main docks"
[Tue Aug 21 22:22:21 2007] : Adrin: "I feel sick of these islands"
[Tue Aug 21 22:22:25 2007] : Oona: "I'd say let's go"
[Tue Aug 21 22:22:44 2007] : Dan: "I agree Adrin, but I don't want to be sent back to get him!"
[Tue Aug 21 22:23:14 2007] : Aliatra: "If you feel it's mnecessary Dan, let's do it"
[Tue Aug 21 22:23:28 2007] : Adrin: "We weren't paid to bring him back. If they want him they can pay us to come get him"
[Tue Aug 21 22:24:02 2007] : Dan: Dan has a quick think to see what seems the best course of action...
[Tue Aug 21 22:24:05 2007] : Dan: Int check: [1d20+5] => [13,5] = (18)
[Tue Aug 21 22:24:20 2007] : Lizardfolk king: ooc er...
[Tue Aug 21 22:24:28 2007] : Adrin: "Toss one of those silver coins we found to decide"
[Tue Aug 21 22:24:31 2007] : Dan: ooc how much do I think Franseza would want to speak to him
[Tue Aug 21 22:24:34 2007] : Dan: ooc?
[Tue Aug 21 22:25:11 2007] : DM: ooc I'd say she'd want to.
[Tue Aug 21 22:25:47 2007] : DM: ooc he's the only survivour and may hold important information
[Tue Aug 21 22:25:54 2007] : Aliatra: "If we don't get him, it'll be nagging at us all the way back"
[Tue Aug 21 22:25:56 2007] : Dan: "Yes, I think we should get him, I'm decided"
[Tue Aug 21 22:26:14 2007] : Adrin: "It may nag you, but I'd sleep very easy"
[Tue Aug 21 22:26:27 2007] : Dan: "He's been captive for 50 years according to him. A few more weeks won't harm him"
[Tue Aug 21 22:26:55 2007] : Dan: Dan instructs the captain to head back to the island again
[Tue Aug 21 22:26:55 2007] : Oona: "agreed"
[Tue Aug 21 22:27:04 2007] : Adrin: "We could even put him in the hold and chain him up. Feel right at home"
[Tue Aug 21 22:27:24 2007] : Dan: Dan raises an eyebrow
[Tue Aug 21 22:28:03 2007] : Adrin: "Just trying to make him comfortable"
[Tue Aug 21 22:28:13 2007] : Aliatra: "Sure"
[Tue Aug 21 22:28:16 2007] : Adrin: "No place like home and all that"
[Tue Aug 21 22:28:24 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra grins
[Tue Aug 21 22:28:49 2007] : Aliatra: "But I prefer to treat him like a human being and not like a caged animal"
[Tue Aug 21 22:29:50 2007] : Dan: "Me too, let's go"
[Tue Aug 21 22:30:04 2007] : Adrin: "Seems to me that the caged animal we released was more grateful than the human being was"
[Tue Aug 21 22:30:15 2007] : DM: Back on Overwatch Island you search the place but find no trace of the old man.
[Tue Aug 21 22:30:59 2007] : Aliatra: Do we find the tiger?
[Tue Aug 21 22:31:09 2007] : DM: The tiger is still asleep
[Tue Aug 21 22:31:29 2007] : Oona: "Maybe we can still take some of his material? Now the boat is here?"
[Tue Aug 21 22:31:33 2007] : Aliatra: ooc :-D
[Tue Aug 21 22:31:57 2007] : Dan: Dan looks worried
[Tue Aug 21 22:31:57 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's take all Dan thinks might be interesting"
[Tue Aug 21 22:32:14 2007] : Dan: "I fear we made a grave error allowing him to leave us"
[Tue Aug 21 22:32:42 2007] : Dan: "OK, I'll spend some time looking for ther most interesting stuff"
[Tue Aug 21 22:33:15 2007] : DM: You sort out the more interesting stuff and crate it up for transportation,
[Tue Aug 21 22:33:17 2007] : Oona: "Well we may have, but we've done it"
[Tue Aug 21 22:33:25 2007] : DM: Knowledge Arcana and Spellcraft rolls.
[Tue Aug 21 22:33:36 2007] : Oona: "I knew we shouldn't have let him go from the begiinning"
[Tue Aug 21 22:33:40 2007] : Dan: "Perhaps one more check of the portal island?"
[Tue Aug 21 22:33:42 2007] : Oona: "Too sly to be true"
[Tue Aug 21 22:33:43 2007] : Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [12,15] = (27)
[Tue Aug 21 22:33:47 2007] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+17] => [13,17] = (30)
[Tue Aug 21 22:34:13 2007] : Dan: "if he's not here maybe he's gone over there?"
[Tue Aug 21 22:34:42 2007] : Dan: "But considering he said that he'd remain on this island, I fear he was lying to us"
[Tue Aug 21 22:34:53 2007] : Oona: "and if he has he certainly has gone through the portal"
[Tue Aug 21 22:34:54 2007] : Adrin: "Maybe the cat ate him and went back to sleep"
[Tue Aug 21 22:36:12 2007] : Oona: Oona grins
[Tue Aug 21 22:36:13 2007] : Oona: maybe
[Tue Aug 21 22:36:15 2007] : Adrin: "Is the boat still there?"
[Tue Aug 21 22:36:22 2007] : DM: Yes
[Tue Aug 21 22:36:28 2007] : Dan: "I hate to say it, but I fear that we made a mistake"
[Tue Aug 21 22:37:05 2007] : Adrin: "Oh well nothing we can do about it now. Lets just say the cat got him "
[Tue Aug 21 22:37:17 2007] : Aliatra: "We can't undo that, we can only go forward"
[Tue Aug 21 22:37:29 2007] : Dan: "Well, he's not visible here, so we can't do much
[Tue Aug 21 22:37:50 2007] : Dan: "Do we have one last look at the portal island?"
[Tue Aug 21 22:37:53 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's take the books, the boat in the harbour and have one final look at the portal island"
[Tue Aug 21 22:38:10 2007] : Dan: "OK, agreed"
[Tue Aug 21 22:39:07 2007] : DM: The books are quickly loaded abort, and one final look at the Sentinel shows that Vartan is not there but the portal still flickers between worlds.
[Tue Aug 21 22:39:37 2007] : Adrin: "Cat got him or he did a runner through the portal"
[Tue Aug 21 22:39:45 2007] : Aliatra: "So that's it then"
[Tue Aug 21 22:39:52 2007] : Dan: "Or he made himself invisible"
[Tue Aug 21 22:40:04 2007] : Dan: "We can't do any more here at least"
[Tue Aug 21 22:40:12 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes to her cabin to take care of her wounds
[Tue Aug 21 22:40:27 2007] : Dan: "Let's head for home and hope we never picked up any more doppelgangers anywhere"
[Tue Aug 21 22:40:36 2007] : Aliatra: "Do you need healing too, Dan?"
[Tue Aug 21 22:40:45 2007] : Dan: "I'm fine Ali, thanks"
[Tue Aug 21 22:41:04 2007] : DM: The captain weighs anchor and you sail on, the following wind sending you swiftly homewards.
[Tue Aug 21 22:41:07 2007] : DM: GAME END