Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Aug 7 19:52:01 2007] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Aug 7 19:52:43 2007] : DM: You hear howls and snarls and shouting from down the corridor as the dire tiger and troglodytes fight.
[Tue Aug 7 19:53:10 2007] : Adrin: "So who do you think will win?"
[Tue Aug 7 19:53:41 2007] : Aliatra: "I hope the cat does, I feel sorry for the animal"
[Tue Aug 7 19:53:50 2007] : DM: ooc CR 7 troglodytes group versus CR 8 dire tiger.
[Tue Aug 7 19:53:58 2007] : Aliatra: "Although if it wins we might have to kill it ourselves"
[Tue Aug 7 19:54:16 2007] : Adrin: "It might just wander off in search of food"
[Tue Aug 7 19:54:20 2007] : DM: The sounds of the fight move further away.
[Tue Aug 7 19:54:32 2007] : Dan: "Well, rather on fight against a weakened enemy than two against strong enemies"
[Tue Aug 7 19:55:13 2007] : Aliatra: "My idea. I just wish we could see how it's going"
[Tue Aug 7 19:56:21 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks through all the windows, trying to sneak a peek
[Tue Aug 7 19:57:33 2007] : Aliatra: "Bah! I can't see a thing"
[Tue Aug 7 19:57:39 2007] : Dan: "I suggest that we get some rest, and leave them to it"
[Tue Aug 7 19:57:53 2007] : Adrin: "I like that idea"
[Tue Aug 7 19:57:58 2007] : Dan: Dan sits at the table and reads his books
[Tue Aug 7 19:58:18 2007] : Aliatra: "Nothing better to dp now than rest up and heal"
[Tue Aug 7 20:00:24 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra paces some more, then gets herself a bite to eat before retiring
[Tue Aug 7 20:01:58 2007] : DM: How long do you rest for?
[Tue Aug 7 20:02:08 2007] : Adrin: Adrin puts his feet up and snoozes
[Tue Aug 7 20:02:38 2007] : Adrin: ooc a few hours?
[Tue Aug 7 20:02:43 2007] : Aliatra: A full night
[Tue Aug 7 20:03:25 2007] : DM: ooc I've no idea what the time is now.
[Tue Aug 7 20:03:30 2007] : Adrin: ooc I'd not be happy waiting a full night in case the troggs won and were able to ambush us or something
[Tue Aug 7 20:03:46 2007] : Dan: ooc the hut is there for 14 hours
[Tue Aug 7 20:04:16 2007] : Dan: "Are we staying here overnight? i could do with replenishing my spells"
[Tue Aug 7 20:04:19 2007] : Adrin: ooc couldn't be more than an hour or so since we landed
[Tue Aug 7 20:05:11 2007] : Adrin: "If you need to then I suppose we could. I'll take a look outside in a bit and try and see who won."
[Tue Aug 7 20:05:44 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra joijns the others again
[Tue Aug 7 20:05:45 2007] : Dan: ooc but we already went to the other island, then sailed here
[Tue Aug 7 20:06:17 2007] : Aliatra: "How about we free that prisoner and let him sleep in a real bed for a chenge"
[Tue Aug 7 20:06:36 2007] : Adrin: "As long as he doesn't get my bed"
[Tue Aug 7 20:07:37 2007] : Aliatra: "I do believe we have enough beds. I just wonder if he will join us or that he'd rather join the fight upstairs"
[Tue Aug 7 20:07:55 2007] : Aliatra: "Or wherever it got to"
[Tue Aug 7 20:08:12 2007] : Dan: "Let's ask him if he'd rather the cell or a bed"
[Tue Aug 7 20:09:11 2007] : Aliatra: "Dan, if I open the cell, could you go over to talk to him?"
[Tue Aug 7 20:10:08 2007] : Dan: "Sure"
[Tue Aug 7 20:10:18 2007] : Aliatra: "With Adrin to protect your back, in case the troglodytes retunr?"
[Tue Aug 7 20:10:32 2007] : Dan: Dan closes his book and goes to speak to the lizardman chief
[Tue Aug 7 20:10:34 2007] : Adrin: "will the house stay here when we leave?"
[Tue Aug 7 20:10:46 2007] : Dan: "Yes, it's fine"
[Tue Aug 7 20:11:15 2007] : Adrin: "I'll go look around first"
[Tue Aug 7 20:11:25 2007] : Adrin: Adrin listens at the door
[Tue Aug 7 20:11:27 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra makes sure she's got her bow and sword before she leaves the house
[Tue Aug 7 20:11:35 2007] : Adrin: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+10] => [19,10] = (29)
[Tue Aug 7 20:12:03 2007] : DM: There's no sounds of a fight or any of the combatents.
[Tue Aug 7 20:12:41 2007] : Adrin: Adrin opens the door and has a good look around the chamber
[Tue Aug 7 20:13:04 2007] : DM: There's splashes of blood on the ground but otherwise the cave is as before.
[Tue Aug 7 20:13:25 2007] : Aliatra: Softly: "Well?"
[Tue Aug 7 20:13:34 2007] : Adrin: "All clear"
[Tue Aug 7 20:14:16 2007] : Adrin: "I'll have a look in the cats cave and let you know"
[Tue Aug 7 20:14:31 2007] : Aliatra: "Sure, I'll be waiting"
[Tue Aug 7 20:14:37 2007] : DM: It's empty
[Tue Aug 7 20:15:01 2007] : Adrin: "Its empty too. I'll watch the corridor and you get him out"
[Tue Aug 7 20:15:12 2007] : Dan: Dan looks around from the doorway
[Tue Aug 7 20:15:51 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra steps out and goes over to the doormechanism
[Tue Aug 7 20:16:04 2007] : Aliatra: "Are you ready, Dan?"
[Tue Aug 7 20:16:15 2007] : Dan: "Yes, let's go"
[Tue Aug 7 20:16:31 2007] : Dan: Dan walks over to the correct door
[Tue Aug 7 20:17:23 2007] : DM: k
[Tue Aug 7 20:17:27 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra adjusts the levers and starts turning the wheel until the door is about 6 inches open
[Tue Aug 7 20:17:46 2007] : DM: k
[Tue Aug 7 20:17:48 2007] : Dan: Dan speaks in Draconic
[Tue Aug 7 20:17:55 2007] : Dan: "Hello there..."
[Tue Aug 7 20:18:19 2007] : Dan: "we've been sent to rescue you, but we need to rest before we continue..."
[Tue Aug 7 20:18:45 2007] : Dan: "We have a secure shelter, would you like to join us, or would you prefer to remain here?"
[Tue Aug 7 20:18:58 2007] : King Garal: (in draconic) "Who are you? Your speech is strange."
[Tue Aug 7 20:19:55 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra grimaces as she hears the unfamiliar sounds that she supposes must be a language
[Tue Aug 7 20:21:04 2007] : Dan: "We are humans, sent to investigate the mines on these islands"
[Tue Aug 7 20:21:33 2007] : Dan: "Your people bade us rescue you from the troglodytes"
[Tue Aug 7 20:21:59 2007] : Dan: "In return there was a promise to be at peace with the miners"
[Tue Aug 7 20:22:32 2007] : King Garal: "We have no quarrel with warmbloods and their rocks and stones."
[Tue Aug 7 20:22:44 2007] : King Garal: "Open this so I may swim to freedom."
[Tue Aug 7 20:23:23 2007] : Dan: "Would you rather not return with us?"
[Tue Aug 7 20:24:26 2007] : Dan: "If we are to let you go, to swim back to your people, then we must have a token to show that we rescued you, and to show should you not reach your people on the other island"
[Tue Aug 7 20:25:53 2007] : King Garal: "Open the door so we may speak in person."
[Tue Aug 7 20:26:04 2007] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Aug 7 20:26:25 2007] : Dan: Dan whispers to Adrin
[Tue Aug 7 20:26:33 2007] : Dan: "Don't let him escape"
[Tue Aug 7 20:26:46 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Adrin is in the corridor
[Tue Aug 7 20:26:58 2007] : Dan: Dan shouts in common
[Tue Aug 7 20:27:06 2007] : Dan: "OK Ali, lift it all the way"
[Tue Aug 7 20:27:17 2007] : Aliatra: "SUre"
[Tue Aug 7 20:27:29 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra continues turning the wheel
[Tue Aug 7 20:28:12 2007] : Dan: Dan stands in front of the king
[Tue Aug 7 20:28:19 2007] : King Garal: The door opens and reveals the lizardfolk king.
[Tue Aug 7 20:29:02 2007] : King Garal: "My thanks warmblood, you may address me a King Gamal."
[Tue Aug 7 20:29:21 2007] : King Garal: He pulls a shell amulet from around his neck and hands it over.
[Tue Aug 7 20:29:23 2007] : Adrin: ooc back
[Tue Aug 7 20:29:29 2007] : Dan: ooc Gamal or Garal?
[Tue Aug 7 20:30:06 2007] : King Garal: "The token you require. The corridor is free from those comtemtible troglodytes? The harbour also."
[Tue Aug 7 20:30:06 2007] : Dan: "Could you give us a safeword, to show that we never took this from you"
[Tue Aug 7 20:30:09 2007] : King Garal: ooc Garal
[Tue Aug 7 20:30:24 2007] : Dan: "By violence"
[Tue Aug 7 20:30:31 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra walks over to Dan and the king
[Tue Aug 7 20:30:58 2007] : Aliatra: "Tell hiom we have food and beds and let's get back inside"
[Tue Aug 7 20:30:59 2007] : Dan: "We believe the harbour to be safe"
[Tue Aug 7 20:31:11 2007] : Dan: to the others
[Tue Aug 7 20:31:25 2007] : Dan: He wishes to swim to his people from here"
[Tue Aug 7 20:31:41 2007] : King Garal: The king points down the tunnel. "This leads down into the waters of the bay, a route to freedom."
[Tue Aug 7 20:31:46 2007] : Dan: "He has given me a token that we may show as proof that we freed him in good faith"
[Tue Aug 7 20:31:56 2007] : Dan: to the king
[Tue Aug 7 20:32:04 2007] : Aliatra: "Sned him into the corridor first, those bodies I dumped there have weapons on them"
[Tue Aug 7 20:32:16 2007] : Adrin: "Up to him I guess."
[Tue Aug 7 20:32:21 2007] : Dan: "Yes, do you have a word to go with the token to show that you gave it voluntarily?"
[Tue Aug 7 20:32:49 2007] : Aliatra: "He's a grown eh ... man and must do as he thinks best"
[Tue Aug 7 20:33:52 2007] : King Garal: "The amulet is enough."
[Tue Aug 7 20:33:54 2007] : Dan: "You are free to leave as best you see fit King Garal"
[Tue Aug 7 20:34:03 2007] : Dan: "OK"
[Tue Aug 7 20:34:06 2007] : Dan: BRB
[Tue Aug 7 20:34:44 2007] : Aliatra: "Don't forget to warn him about that huge cat upstairs"
[Tue Aug 7 20:35:21 2007] : Adrin: "If he's leaving now, is there any reason for us to stay in the house all night. We could just return to the ship"
[Tue Aug 7 20:35:28 2007] : Dan: ooc back
[Tue Aug 7 20:35:37 2007] : Dan: "He doesn't need to go upstairs"
[Tue Aug 7 20:36:01 2007] : Dan: "Oh, we're in the basement!"
[Tue Aug 7 20:36:05 2007] : Aliatra: "Huh? How does he plan on getting out of here then?"
[Tue Aug 7 20:36:18 2007] : Adrin: "Maybe that tunnel leads to the sea"
[Tue Aug 7 20:36:32 2007] : Dan: "But perhaps the submerged tunnel leads out also?"
[Tue Aug 7 20:36:52 2007] : Aliatra: "If it does, do you think the troglodytes know?"
[Tue Aug 7 20:37:12 2007] : King Garal: Starts to move off.
[Tue Aug 7 20:38:11 2007] : Dan: "Let's see him out anyway"
[Tue Aug 7 20:38:23 2007] : Dan: Dan puts the amulet in his haversack
[Tue Aug 7 20:38:23 2007] : Aliatra: "Sure"
[Tue Aug 7 20:38:46 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra makes sure she's got her bow ready
[Tue Aug 7 20:39:09 2007] : DM: Garal heads down the tunnel to where it's flooded and then he dives in and rapidly swims away with powerful strokes of his muscular tail.
[Tue Aug 7 20:39:24 2007] : Adrin: "I guess that answers that"
[Tue Aug 7 20:40:12 2007] : Dan: "I guess so, and one big tiger is avoided"
[Tue Aug 7 20:40:48 2007] : Dan: "So, are you both happy with resting? As I say, my effectiveness is severely reduced by my current lack of spells"
[Tue Aug 7 20:41:16 2007] : Adrin: "Fine, but is there any reason to rest here instead of the boat?"
[Tue Aug 7 20:42:59 2007] : Dan: "W'd have to row back out and then back in again"
[Tue Aug 7 20:43:28 2007] : Aliatra: "Well, do we want to clean up here tomorrow or not? If not, we can go out and sail away, but otherwise I suggest we rest here"
[Tue Aug 7 20:44:23 2007] : Adrin: "Either is fine really, just wanted to make sure"
[Tue Aug 7 20:44:31 2007] : Dan: "I'd say that we do want to clear up"
[Tue Aug 7 20:44:41 2007] : Dan: "I'd prefer to use the shelter"
[Tue Aug 7 20:45:13 2007] : Dan: "I only need to rest for 4 hours. I can keep watch for the rest of the time"
[Tue Aug 7 20:45:23 2007] : Dan: "If I see anyone approach, I'll wake you"
[Tue Aug 7 20:45:49 2007] : Adrin: "Ok"
[Tue Aug 7 20:45:57 2007] : Adrin: Adrin walks to the shelter
[Tue Aug 7 20:45:59 2007] : Dan: ooc Mouse has died - need to get new batteries... brb
[Tue Aug 7 20:46:07 2007] : Aliatra: ooc OK
[Tue Aug 7 20:47:38 2007] : Dan: ooc back - and fixed :)
[Tue Aug 7 20:48:22 2007] : Aliatra: ooc OK :-D
[Tue Aug 7 20:49:01 2007] : Dan: "In total, i need 8 hours of rest"
[Tue Aug 7 20:50:43 2007] : Aliatra: "And the shelter will remain here for ... 13 more hours or so?"
[Tue Aug 7 20:51:25 2007] : Dan: "Yes"
[Tue Aug 7 20:51:33 2007] : Dan: "OK, let's rest"
[Tue Aug 7 20:51:59 2007] : Dan: Dan lies on the bed for the first 4 hours before rising to take his turn at watch
[Tue Aug 7 20:52:10 2007] : Aliatra: "I could do with a good night's sleep"
[Tue Aug 7 20:52:22 2007] : Adrin: Adrin takes first watch for a little bit
[Tue Aug 7 20:52:29 2007] : DM: 8 hours later...
[Tue Aug 7 20:53:17 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra wakes up and prays
[Tue Aug 7 20:53:35 2007] : Dan: Dan grabs his spellbook and memorises his spells
[Tue Aug 7 20:53:55 2007] : Adrin: Adrin wakes and checks outside
[Tue Aug 7 20:54:22 2007] : DM: It's still there
[Tue Aug 7 20:54:29 2007] : Adrin: ooc :P
[Tue Aug 7 20:54:36 2007] : Adrin: ooc you never know!
[Tue Aug 7 20:54:52 2007] : Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Tue Aug 7 20:55:04 2007] : Dan: "OK, thanks for allowing me this, I am much more prepared for whatever we find upstairs now"
[Tue Aug 7 20:55:19 2007] : Adrin: "We all ready then?"
[Tue Aug 7 20:55:24 2007] : Dan: Aryadan Casts - Metamagic Extend: Mage Armour (level 2): Gives subject +4 armor bonus for 2 hours/level
[Tue Aug 7 20:55:31 2007] : Dan: "I am now"
[Tue Aug 7 20:55:39 2007] : Adrin: "Lets go"
[Tue Aug 7 20:56:04 2007] : Aliatra: "Time to get serious"
[Tue Aug 7 20:57:02 2007] : DM: As you head upstairs you see traces of the battle between reptile and feline, splashes of blood and so on.
[Tue Aug 7 20:57:13 2007] : Adrin: Adrin leads the way, watching for cats and troggs
[Tue Aug 7 20:57:19 2007] : Aliatra: "Hmm, fur and scales"
[Tue Aug 7 20:57:28 2007] : Adrin: ooc cats and troggs, geddit?
[Tue Aug 7 20:57:48 2007] : Aliatra: ooc That's bad!
[Tue Aug 7 20:57:54 2007] : Adrin: ooc thank you
[Tue Aug 7 20:58:22 2007] : DM: The trail leads up to the third level of the complex.
[Tue Aug 7 20:58:23 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra watches peoples' backs as she takes up the rear
[Tue Aug 7 20:58:24 2007] : Adrin: Adrin describes what he saw previously
[Tue Aug 7 20:59:26 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra listens to the sounds in the building
[Tue Aug 7 20:59:30 2007] : Aliatra: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [10,2] = (12)
[Tue Aug 7 21:00:38 2007] : DM: Nothing unusual, distant sounds of waves crashing on the shore.
[Tue Aug 7 21:00:47 2007] : Dan: Dan takes his bow in hand
[Tue Aug 7 21:01:11 2007] : Aliatra: "It's very quiet, isn't it?"
[Tue Aug 7 21:01:33 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra makes sure she's got her bow ready as well
[Tue Aug 7 21:01:37 2007] : Adrin: "I wonder how many troggs were up here"
[Tue Aug 7 21:01:49 2007] : Adrin: Adrin has his sword ready
[Tue Aug 7 21:02:04 2007] : DM: Where is everyone?
[Tue Aug 7 21:02:19 2007] : Adrin: ooc has anyone got my wee marker?
[Tue Aug 7 21:02:22 2007] : DM:

[Tue Aug 7 21:02:31 2007] : Adrin: ooc ty
[Tue Aug 7 21:03:22 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Looks about right on that map
[Tue Aug 7 21:03:23 2007] : Adrin: "The big room was into the right. I'll check the ones on the left first"
[Tue Aug 7 21:03:39 2007] : Aliatra: "Good idea"
[Tue Aug 7 21:03:58 2007] : Dan: "Yes"
[Tue Aug 7 21:04:35 2007] : Adrin: Adrin has a quick look into the corridor on the right and then proceeds to the first doorway on the left
[Tue Aug 7 21:05:13 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra joins Adrin
[Tue Aug 7 21:05:27 2007] : DM: The first door opens to a disused office type room for a few clerks or similar. There a dusty desks and ricketly chairs and piles of mouldering paper.
[Tue Aug 7 21:05:50 2007] : Aliatra: "Seems not to have seen a lot of use lately"
[Tue Aug 7 21:05:58 2007] : Adrin: "Next door"
[Tue Aug 7 21:06:32 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra switches her bow for her sword
[Tue Aug 7 21:06:43 2007] : Aliatra: "So what do we have here?"
[Tue Aug 7 21:07:06 2007] : DM: The 2nd room is similar, except it appears to have been more recently used. There's a open ledger on one of the desks and a pot of ink and a fresh quil.
[Tue Aug 7 21:07:24 2007] : Adrin: Adrin beckons Dan
[Tue Aug 7 21:07:26 2007] : Dan: Dan attempts to read the writing
[Tue Aug 7 21:08:35 2007] : DM: It's in common in a rough hand, it's a series of transactions for goods with various names persons or companies.
[Tue Aug 7 21:08:57 2007] : Dan: "Seems someone here is selling something"
[Tue Aug 7 21:09:00 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra stays at the door, looking for enemies
[Tue Aug 7 21:09:08 2007] : DM: None of the names are familar to you.
[Tue Aug 7 21:09:22 2007] : Dan: Dan takes the ledger for later evidence and puts it in his haversack
[Tue Aug 7 21:09:25 2007] : Aliatra: "Better take it with you, someone might be interested in that"
[Tue Aug 7 21:09:32 2007] : Dan: "Indeed"
[Tue Aug 7 21:11:20 2007] : Aliatra: "Onward?"
[Tue Aug 7 21:11:36 2007] : Dan: "Yes, onward"
[Tue Aug 7 21:12:08 2007] : DM: Two short passageways lead to the great hall, a wood panelled room with carved stone columns.
[Tue Aug 7 21:12:27 2007] : Aliatra: "Finish this floor first?"
[Tue Aug 7 21:12:47 2007] : DM: Sprawled about the room and quite dead are four troglodytes corpses, one of which is mostly eaten.
[Tue Aug 7 21:13:10 2007] : DM: Curled in a corner and sleeping and a wounded dire tiger.
[Tue Aug 7 21:13:16 2007] : DM: Curled in a corner and sleeping is a wounded dire tiger.
[Tue Aug 7 21:14:13 2007] : Adrin: "I guess we know who won"
[Tue Aug 7 21:14:28 2007] : Dan: "Yes, good for it"
[Tue Aug 7 21:14:29 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra retreats quietly
[Tue Aug 7 21:14:50 2007] : DM: 700 XP for the troglodytes
[Tue Aug 7 21:15:01 2007] : Aliatra: "So what do we do about it? I don't want to kill it but I do want to finish up here before we leave"
[Tue Aug 7 21:15:25 2007] : DM: 790 XP for the dire tiger
[Tue Aug 7 21:16:05 2007] : Dan: ooc woot!
[Tue Aug 7 21:16:18 2007] : Aliatra: iic Nice :-D
[Tue Aug 7 21:16:26 2007] : Adrin: ooc ding
[Tue Aug 7 21:16:44 2007] : DM: ooc there's only three of you not four. It should be more.
[Tue Aug 7 21:17:28 2007] : DM: 1050 XP for the dire tiger.
[Tue Aug 7 21:17:47 2007] : Dan: ooc double woot!
[Tue Aug 7 21:19:13 2007] : DM: ooc the dire tiger as a cyan circle about it's feet, not a red one -- it's not an enemy anymore.
[Tue Aug 7 21:19:22 2007] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Aug 7 21:19:29 2007] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Aug 7 21:19:32 2007] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Aug 7 21:19:44 2007] : Adrin: ooc all we need is a ranger to take it as a pet!
[Tue Aug 7 21:20:09 2007] : DM: ooc it'd need to be a level 12 ranger or something like that.
[Tue Aug 7 21:20:14 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Imagine that, walking around with a tiger as big as a horse!
[Tue Aug 7 21:20:30 2007] : Aliatra: ooc What kind of mounts do they make?
[Tue Aug 7 21:21:07 2007] : DM: ooc deadly ones?
[Tue Aug 7 21:21:17 2007] : Adrin: [1d12] => [1] = (1)
[Tue Aug 7 21:21:20 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Possibly ;)
[Tue Aug 7 21:21:25 2007] : DM: ooc reluctant ones?
[Tue Aug 7 21:21:28 2007] : Adrin: ooc argh, damn crappy HP roll
[Tue Aug 7 21:22:17 2007] : Dan: ooc Dang!!
[Tue Aug 7 21:22:57 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Too bad
[Tue Aug 7 21:23:21 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra sneaks back in and tiptoes to the other exit
[Tue Aug 7 21:23:52 2007] : DM: Which other exit?
[Tue Aug 7 21:24:29 2007] : Aliatra: ooc To the right of the room
[Tue Aug 7 21:25:01 2007] : DM: ooc that didn't help
[Tue Aug 7 21:25:14 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Just going there!
[Tue Aug 7 21:25:34 2007] : Dan: Dan follows
[Tue Aug 7 21:25:42 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Looks like a way out of that room to me :)
[Tue Aug 7 21:26:46 2007] : Dan: "What about this small door first?"
[Tue Aug 7 21:27:15 2007] : Aliatra: "Sure, let's be orderly and methodical (for a change)"
[Tue Aug 7 21:28:29 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra tries to open the door
[Tue Aug 7 21:28:46 2007] : DM: Inside a a hefty large crossbow mounted on a stand, it's aiming through a hole in the wall to the outside.
[Tue Aug 7 21:29:12 2007] : DM: The crossbow mechanics looks rather complex.
[Tue Aug 7 21:29:23 2007] : Dan: "What the hell is outside to necessitate a crossbow like that?"
[Tue Aug 7 21:29:51 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's have a look"
[Tue Aug 7 21:29:54 2007] : Adrin: "Dont know, it it'll be interesting to find out"
[Tue Aug 7 21:30:00 2007] : Adrin: ooc *but
[Tue Aug 7 21:30:24 2007] : DM: ooc brb
[Tue Aug 7 21:30:29 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra moves the crossbow so it's aimed at the wall to the side before looking out of the hole
[Tue Aug 7 21:33:57 2007] : DM: Looking through the small opening you get a clear view straight down the main path from the main entrance down to the small stone harbour.
[Tue Aug 7 21:34:57 2007] : Aliatra: "We were lucky not to get shor from here ourselves"
[Tue Aug 7 21:35:02 2007] : Aliatra: shot
[Tue Aug 7 21:35:13 2007] : Adrin: "Yeah, surely they saw us coming"
[Tue Aug 7 21:35:50 2007] : DM: It's the otherside of the mountain from the jetty you entered via.
[Tue Aug 7 21:35:53 2007] : Aliatra: "I wouldn't think so, or the welcoming committee would have been a bit more impressing"
[Tue Aug 7 21:36:03 2007] : Adrin: ooc ah
[Tue Aug 7 21:36:34 2007] : Dan: "Maybe they don't know how to use it"
[Tue Aug 7 21:36:38 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I didn't realise that either, I just read main entrance and harbour
[Tue Aug 7 21:37:12 2007] : Dan: "This whole facility seems to have been made by some other people to the trogs"
[Tue Aug 7 21:37:38 2007] : Adrin: "Yeah, they didn't seem the types to make this place"
[Tue Aug 7 21:38:18 2007] : Aliatra: "Maybe this is where they stored the jewels they mined, a century ago"
[Tue Aug 7 21:38:38 2007] : Dan: "So do we open thses large doors or head up the mezzanine"
[Tue Aug 7 21:38:43 2007] : Aliatra: "Going on?"
[Tue Aug 7 21:38:50 2007] : Dan: ooc these ...?
[Tue Aug 7 21:38:58 2007] : Aliatra: "One floor at a time, I'd say"
[Tue Aug 7 21:39:19 2007] : Dan: "OK, up we go"
[Tue Aug 7 21:39:29 2007] : Adrin: "Up"
[Tue Aug 7 21:39:52 2007] : Adrin: "But lets stay away from Spot in the corner"
[Tue Aug 7 21:39:59 2007] : Aliatra: "Up? Before we've finised here?"
[Tue Aug 7 21:40:23 2007] : Adrin: "This just looks like a main entrance"
[Tue Aug 7 21:40:32 2007] : Aliatra: ooc And what has the DM prepared for us tonight?
[Tue Aug 7 21:40:49 2007] : Adrin: "I'd rather not go out there and leave something between us and our boat"
[Tue Aug 7 21:40:52 2007] : DM: ooc Wait and see ;)
[Tue Aug 7 21:40:57 2007] : Aliatra: ooc On the first floor?
[Tue Aug 7 21:41:28 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Didn't we enter by the main entrance then?
[Tue Aug 7 21:41:46 2007] : Aliatra: ooc /me is confused (just a bit)
[Tue Aug 7 21:41:48 2007] : Adrin: ooc maybe it has 2
[Tue Aug 7 21:41:48 2007] : DM: ooc you entered via the back, service, entrance.
[Tue Aug 7 21:41:57 2007] : Aliatra: ooc ic
[Tue Aug 7 21:42:20 2007] : Dan: Dan makes a circuitous way to the up ramp
[Tue Aug 7 21:42:31 2007] : Aliatra: "Right, up while avoiding Stripey. What kind of animal is he anyway?"
[Tue Aug 7 21:42:58 2007] : Adrin: "A Dire Tiger, and he's called Spot"
[Tue Aug 7 21:44:04 2007] : Rrrrafferr: The dire tiger opens on eye and glares menacingly at Adrin.
[Tue Aug 7 21:44:21 2007] : Aliatra: "He's got stripes, not spots"
[Tue Aug 7 21:44:29 2007] : Rrrrafferr: As if suggesting that calling her Spot will result in a mauling.
[Tue Aug 7 21:44:49 2007] : Adrin: "shhh, I'm only joking"
[Tue Aug 7 21:45:15 2007] : Adrin: Adrin gives the cat a smile
[Tue Aug 7 21:45:20 2007] : Dan: "Let's go... he may remember us as the deliverers of his freedom, but maybe not"
[Tue Aug 7 21:45:23 2007] : Adrin: Adrin gives the cat a smile
[Tue Aug 7 21:45:49 2007] : Adrin: "Agreed"
[Tue Aug 7 21:46:11 2007] : Aliatra: "Nice and easy, no need to panic (I hope)"
[Tue Aug 7 21:47:09 2007] : Adrin: "Just dont make sudden moves or noises"
[Tue Aug 7 21:47:54 2007] : Dan: Dan follows Adrin up the stairs
[Tue Aug 7 21:48:07 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra glances over her shoulder nervously as she climbs the stairs
[Tue Aug 7 21:48:50 2007] : Adrin: Adrin keeps moves carefully and steadily
[Tue Aug 7 21:51:25 2007] : DM: The heavy, iron studded door at the top of the stairs is closed.
[Tue Aug 7 21:51:59 2007] : Dan: "Looks like it may be the last use of that Knock stone Ali"
[Tue Aug 7 21:52:19 2007] : Dan: "Well, I guess we can see if it's locked first"
[Tue Aug 7 21:52:25 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's check if it's locked first"
[Tue Aug 7 21:52:30 2007] : Adrin: "Can we get those things recharged? Its been pretty useful"
[Tue Aug 7 21:52:42 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra tries to open the door
[Tue Aug 7 21:53:24 2007] : Dan: "I'm not sure Adrin"
[Tue Aug 7 21:53:35 2007] : Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [9,15] = (24)
[Tue Aug 7 21:53:36 2007] : DM: The latch doesn't lift and the door doesn't move at all, not only is it possibly locked it's either wedged stuck or something heavy is pressed against it.
[Tue Aug 7 21:54:03 2007] : Adrin: "No luck?"
[Tue Aug 7 21:54:15 2007] : Aliatra: "Feels like someone barricaded it. Shall we try and smoke them out?"
[Tue Aug 7 21:54:25 2007] : Adrin: "How?"
[Tue Aug 7 21:54:33 2007] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Aug 7 21:55:01 2007] : Dan: "The stone should remove up to two means of blocking a door""
[Tue Aug 7 21:55:05 2007] : Aliatra: "Dan, could you tell them all is clear and the tiger has left the building by the backdoor or something?"
[Tue Aug 7 21:55:16 2007] : Dan: "So locked and barricaded should be removed"
[Tue Aug 7 21:55:40 2007] : Dan: "Umm, yes, the tiger's gone, open up so that I can fireball you"
[Tue Aug 7 21:56:26 2007] : Aliatra: "Something like that, though not exactly with these words, I'd guess. Perhaps you could make it a challenge?"
[Tue Aug 7 21:57:00 2007] : Aliatra: "Like: come out you miserable cowards, we already killed that tiger for you"
[Tue Aug 7 21:57:33 2007] : Dan: "If they were running from the tiger, that just makes us seem more impressive"
[Tue Aug 7 21:57:51 2007] : Adrin: ooc back
[Tue Aug 7 21:58:24 2007] : Adrin: "And given they probably know we killed quitr a few of them already, would you open up?"
[Tue Aug 7 21:59:01 2007] : Aliatra: "I know someone like Adrin would, when challenged. And I might"
[Tue Aug 7 21:59:34 2007] : Adrin: "Well, yes you have a point there"
[Tue Aug 7 21:59:37 2007] : Aliatra: "But if you want to go directly to using the stone that's fine by me"
[Tue Aug 7 21:59:58 2007] : Dan: "I don't think that they are like you, but it's possible that they have a champion who will respond"
[Tue Aug 7 22:00:11 2007] : Dan: Dan shouts in Troglodyte
[Tue Aug 7 22:00:39 2007] : Dan: "Come down you cowards. The tiger is gone, we would have words with you"
[Tue Aug 7 22:00:53 2007] : DM: ooc troglodytes speak draconic
[Tue Aug 7 22:01:04 2007] : Dan: ooc that's what I meant ;)
[Tue Aug 7 22:01:05 2007] : Aliatra: "Ooh, he's such a liar, isn't he?"
[Tue Aug 7 22:01:26 2007] : Dan: ooc not sure how it came out as Troglodyte! :D
[Tue Aug 7 22:01:34 2007] : Aliatra: ooc FFS
[Tue Aug 7 22:01:35 2007] : DM: ooc do you have an amazing bluff or diplomacy roll?
[Tue Aug 7 22:01:44 2007] : Dan: ooc nope
[Tue Aug 7 22:01:57 2007] : Dan: Bluff Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [7,0] = (7)
[Tue Aug 7 22:02:39 2007] : DM: There's muffled sounds of creatures or persons moving around and talking to each other, no move is made to clear the barricade or open the door.
[Tue Aug 7 22:03:23 2007] : Aliatra: "Bah, I don't think they're buying it"
[Tue Aug 7 22:03:58 2007] : Adrin: "Doesn't look like it"
[Tue Aug 7 22:04:32 2007] : Dan: "Unlock it, then force it open past the barricade? The knock spell should loosen the barricade"
[Tue Aug 7 22:04:34 2007] : Aliatra: "Ah well, time for the stone"
[Tue Aug 7 22:05:15 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Who has it? Didn't anyone take it out from my backpackearlier?
[Tue Aug 7 22:05:49 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra reaches into her pack and gets the stone out
[Tue Aug 7 22:06:14 2007] : Aliatra: "Knock knock"
[Tue Aug 7 22:08:12 2007] : DM: ooc is that just you saying that or are you using the glass egg?
[Tue Aug 7 22:09:20 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I'm using it
[Tue Aug 7 22:09:32 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Sorry about the confusion
[Tue Aug 7 22:10:42 2007] : DM: The lock clicks open and there's a loud rapid scraping noise followed by splitering crash.
[Tue Aug 7 22:10:58 2007] : DM: ooc what comes next will take some time so...
[Tue Aug 7 22:11:01 2007] : DM: GAME END

[img]
Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / Top