Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Jul 31 19:24:47 2007] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Jul 31 19:25:24 2007] : DM: You're in the damp and algae infested dungeons in Overwatch mountain.
[Tue Jul 31 19:26:05 2007] : DM: The cavern you're in at the moment has 5 sturdy wooden portculis like doors in front of 5 passageways.
[Tue Jul 31 19:26:31 2007] : Dan: "Right, hoefully there's no more of that weed in there"
[Tue Jul 31 19:26:38 2007] : DM: Chains a strung from these doors to a device in the northwest corner which has a collection of levers and wheels.
[Tue Jul 31 19:26:40 2007] : Aliatra: ooc That fog of war is working fine :)
[Tue Jul 31 19:26:52 2007] : Aliatra: "Well, that could explain some of the screaming. Why would they leave something like that alive in here?"
[Tue Jul 31 19:27:12 2007] : Adrin: "Ali, could you use that healing wand on me?" (down 11hp)
[Tue Jul 31 19:27:35 2007] : Dan: ooc can we still hear snoring in the room to the north-west?
[Tue Jul 31 19:27:36 2007] : DM: There's a rasping snore coming from the largest door to thr right of the mechanism controls.
[Tue Jul 31 19:28:43 2007] : Adrin: "Whatever is behind there sounds pretty big"
[Tue Jul 31 19:28:55 2007] : Aliatra: "Sure, Dan"
[Tue Jul 31 19:29:01 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [6,1] = (7)
[Tue Jul 31 19:29:15 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra waves her wand over Adrin
[Tue Jul 31 19:29:28 2007] : Adrin: "Thats much better, thanks"
[Tue Jul 31 19:29:52 2007] : Adrin: ooc how many charges left on it?
[Tue Jul 31 19:29:53 2007] : Aliatra: "Want to take a look at it? How could anyone sleep throught that fight, I wonder"
[Tue Jul 31 19:30:20 2007] : Aliatra: ooc 29
[Tue Jul 31 19:30:32 2007] : Dan: ""I get the impression it's not an 'Anyone'"
[Tue Jul 31 19:31:23 2007] : Aliatra: "So which door first?"
[Tue Jul 31 19:31:25 2007] : Adrin: "Dont suppose you know any 'see through doors' spells"
[Tue Jul 31 19:31:42 2007] : Aliatra: "I wish"
[Tue Jul 31 19:31:52 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra grins
[Tue Jul 31 19:32:25 2007] : DM: ooc there is an x-ray vision spell I think
[Tue Jul 31 19:32:39 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's find out how to open those doors"
[Tue Jul 31 19:32:53 2007] : Dan: "Not something in my spellbook"
[Tue Jul 31 19:32:59 2007] : Dan: Dan smiles
[Tue Jul 31 19:32:59 2007] : Adrin: ooc a tiny familiar would come in handy about now :)
[Tue Jul 31 19:33:14 2007] : Dan: ooc sounds like OOTS
[Tue Jul 31 19:33:34 2007] : DM: ooc do you have a familar Dan?
[Tue Jul 31 19:33:37 2007] : Dan: "My weasel Freya may be able to get in and have a look"
[Tue Jul 31 19:34:18 2007] : Adrin: "Strange name for a weasel"
[Tue Jul 31 19:34:32 2007] : Dan: "Not according to her it isn't"
[Tue Jul 31 19:34:33 2007] : Adrin: "Mind you, I'm not sure what a normal name for one is either"
[Tue Jul 31 19:35:14 2007] : Dan: "Shall we move closer, and let her have a scout for us?"
[Tue Jul 31 19:35:41 2007] : Adrin: "If she'll fit under the door"
[Tue Jul 31 19:35:42 2007] : Aliatra: "Sure, but don't put her to any unnecessary risk"
[Tue Jul 31 19:35:46 2007] : DM: [1d20] => [3] = (3)
[Tue Jul 31 19:35:50 2007] : Dan: "I won't"
[Tue Jul 31 19:36:03 2007] : DM: ooc the weasel will fit under the door.
[Tue Jul 31 19:36:32 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Are the portcullis massive or not?
[Tue Jul 31 19:37:04 2007] : Dan: "thinking about it, I'm not sure what we'll learn from this..."
[Tue Jul 31 19:37:36 2007] : Dan: "All I'll get from her is general emotions, which are more than likely going to be fear if there's a large creature in there!"
[Tue Jul 31 19:37:37 2007] : Aliatra: "That'll depend on what she can 'tell' you about what she sees, I guess"
[Tue Jul 31 19:37:39 2007] : DM: ooc they're 5 ft by 8 ft except the larger one which is 10 ft by 16 ft.
[Tue Jul 31 19:38:27 2007] : Dan: "OK, it's worth a try, I can talk with her when she comes back"
[Tue Jul 31 19:38:34 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Actually I wondered if they're like massive wooden doors or more gatelike like the ones in front of a castle gate
[Tue Jul 31 19:39:01 2007] : DM: ooc they're solid
[Tue Jul 31 19:39:25 2007] : Dan: Dan sets Freya free and asks her to have a look inside the room, sticking to the shadows and staying in cracks etc. then report back once she has scouted
[Tue Jul 31 19:39:58 2007] : Dan: ooc just realised I've not updated her since about level 3
[Tue Jul 31 19:40:26 2007] : DM: Move silently roll for Freya
[Tue Jul 31 19:40:28 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Get to it, then!
[Tue Jul 31 19:40:52 2007] : Dan: ooc just a sec
[Tue Jul 31 19:41:05 2007] : Dan: [1d20+10] => [14,10] = (24)
[Tue Jul 31 19:42:02 2007] : Dan: ooc keep going
[Tue Jul 31 19:42:31 2007] : DM: The weasel squeezes under the door and returns moments later.
[Tue Jul 31 19:42:53 2007] : Freya the weasel: *squeek*
[Tue Jul 31 19:43:19 2007] : Dan: Dan chats with the weasel
[Tue Jul 31 19:43:38 2007] : Freya the weasel: ooc what language does the familar use?
[Tue Jul 31 19:43:48 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks on, fascinated with what she sees
[Tue Jul 31 19:43:53 2007] : Dan: ooc a private one between master and familiar
[Tue Jul 31 19:44:24 2007] : Freya the weasel: ooc like ig-pay atlin-lay?
[Tue Jul 31 19:44:33 2007] : Dan: ooc and her int is 9 so she's not stupid
[Tue Jul 31 19:45:19 2007] : Aliatra: ooc What's her Wis?
[Tue Jul 31 19:45:35 2007] : Dan: ooc 12
[Tue Jul 31 19:46:15 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Nice! Smart enough to summon a bizon and common sense enough to not do it in an underground tunnel
[Tue Jul 31 19:46:26 2007] : Dan: ooc are you waiting for me to ask her?
[Tue Jul 31 19:46:36 2007] : Dan: "What did you see in there Freya?"
[Tue Jul 31 19:46:46 2007] : Freya the weasel: ooc ah. I whispered to my self. doh.
[Tue Jul 31 19:46:47 2007] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Jul 31 19:46:58 2007] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jul 31 19:47:29 2007] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Jul 31 19:47:54 2007] : Dan: "OK, there's a large cat like beast inside"
[Tue Jul 31 19:48:18 2007] : Dan: "It's not been kept very well by the sounds of it - looks a bit bedraggled"
[Tue Jul 31 19:48:30 2007] : Dan: "It has a stripy coat"
[Tue Jul 31 19:48:47 2007] : Dan: stripey
[Tue Jul 31 19:49:00 2007] : Dan: ooc ?? not sure which is right
[Tue Jul 31 19:49:01 2007] : Adrin: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [14,3] = (17)
[Tue Jul 31 19:49:08 2007] : Aliatra: "We don't need that, I think. Can she tell you if there are any doors in that room as well?"
[Tue Jul 31 19:49:10 2007] : Adrin: ooc me neither
[Tue Jul 31 19:49:29 2007] : Freya the weasel: ooc "coat with stripes" ;)
[Tue Jul 31 19:49:41 2007] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jul 31 19:49:58 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Just "striped" I'd say
[Tue Jul 31 19:50:40 2007] : Dan: "The cat is about the same size as a horse, but not as tall"
[Tue Jul 31 19:50:59 2007] : Dan: Dan asks about doors or other features of the room
[Tue Jul 31 19:51:02 2007] : Aliatra: "We definitely don't need that"
[Tue Jul 31 19:51:20 2007] : Adrin: "Maybe it's friendly"
[Tue Jul 31 19:51:21 2007] : DM: The room is a dead-end.
[Tue Jul 31 19:51:28 2007] : Dan: "Sounds like a handful, but Adrin wanted a fight!"
[Tue Jul 31 19:51:33 2007] : Dan: Dan grins
[Tue Jul 31 19:52:01 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra chuckles
[Tue Jul 31 19:52:11 2007] : Dan: Dan pats Freya and conceals her again in his robes
[Tue Jul 31 19:52:15 2007] : Aliatra: "Maybe later, after we're done here"
[Tue Jul 31 19:52:24 2007] : Dan: "The room has no visible exits"
[Tue Jul 31 19:52:36 2007] : Adrin: "Lets try the smaller door first"
[Tue Jul 31 19:52:57 2007] : Aliatra: "Could Freya take a look there as well, Dan?"
[Tue Jul 31 19:53:14 2007] : Dan: "So, I'm guessing that we have to use this console. And the booby prize for getting it wrong is a world full of large cat"
[Tue Jul 31 19:53:35 2007] : DM: ooc brb
[Tue Jul 31 19:53:44 2007] : Dan: "We could try Ali"
[Tue Jul 31 19:54:26 2007] : Dan: ooc can't quite see the other doors Dave, could youclear the fog a little around the doors?
[Tue Jul 31 19:55:11 2007] : DM: ooc better?
[Tue Jul 31 19:55:34 2007] : Adrin: ooc I hadn't noticed the one on the left
[Tue Jul 31 19:56:04 2007] : Adrin: ooc or the one at the top :)
[Tue Jul 31 19:57:02 2007] : Adrin: ooc or the one on the right. hmm
[Tue Jul 31 19:57:08 2007] : Dan: ooc yup, thanks
[Tue Jul 31 19:57:24 2007] : Dan: "OK, which door do we try first?"
[Tue Jul 31 19:57:27 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Let's go clockwise, starting from the corridor (or not)
[Tue Jul 31 19:57:52 2007] : Adrin: ooc fine with me.
[Tue Jul 31 19:57:59 2007] : Dan: "OK"
[Tue Jul 31 19:58:00 2007] : Aliatra: "Just start here and work our way throug all of them as long as Freya is willing and able?"
[Tue Jul 31 19:58:22 2007] : Dan: Dan asks Freya to scout again, again being incredibly careful
[Tue Jul 31 19:59:13 2007] : Aliatra: "I actuall quite like her name. Does it mean anything, that you know?"
[Tue Jul 31 19:59:56 2007] : DM: The lizardfolk is unconcious or sleeping, the other cell caves are empty of anything other than old bones and decaying matter.
[Tue Jul 31 20:00:00 2007] : Dan: "It's a name of one of the gods of my region"
[Tue Jul 31 20:00:23 2007] : Dan: "Although she tells me it's similar to a common name for themselves"
[Tue Jul 31 20:00:24 2007] : Aliatra: "Really?"
[Tue Jul 31 20:00:28 2007] : Adrin: ooc did someone lean on the fast forward button? :)
[Tue Jul 31 20:00:38 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra thinks hard if she ever heard of them
[Tue Jul 31 20:00:50 2007] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [8,8] = (16)
[Tue Jul 31 20:01:16 2007] : DM: ooc I dunno, if people invent pantheons they should tell the DM...
[Tue Jul 31 20:01:19 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I think the DM did, purely by accident of course ;)
[Tue Jul 31 20:01:36 2007] : Dan: ooc forgot that there are no gods on this realm :(
[Tue Jul 31 20:02:04 2007] : Aliatra: ooc There are no gods defined yet, I thought
[Tue Jul 31 20:02:27 2007] : DM: ooc People worship gods, there are beings that appear to people as gods but they're merely powerful extra-planar beings.
[Tue Jul 31 20:03:04 2007] : Dan: ooc you have her portfolio already :P
[Tue Jul 31 20:03:07 2007] : DM: ooc powerful like solars or pit fiends or elder elementals.
[Tue Jul 31 20:03:34 2007] : Dan: ooc but scratch that comment
[Tue Jul 31 20:04:40 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's try to figure out how to free the hostage without freeing the humongous cat"
[Tue Jul 31 20:06:03 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes over to the device and studies it without touching anything
[Tue Jul 31 20:06:14 2007] : Aliatra: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [9,2] = (11)
[Tue Jul 31 20:06:14 2007] : Dan: "Yes, an excellent suggestion... Unless we can find a way to let it upstairs ahead of us maybe?"
[Tue Jul 31 20:06:15 2007] : Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [15,2] = (17)
[Tue Jul 31 20:06:30 2007] : DM: There are four levers and a big wheel.
[Tue Jul 31 20:06:35 2007] : Dan: Dan looks on at it too
[Tue Jul 31 20:07:02 2007] : Dan: "Lavers for the little door, wheel for the big one?"
[Tue Jul 31 20:07:11 2007] : DM: All 4 levers are in the "up" position.
[Tue Jul 31 20:07:18 2007] : Aliatra: "That sounds good, but how do we let if get past us if someone has to stand between it and the corridor to open the door?"
[Tue Jul 31 20:07:28 2007] : Adrin: "Only one way to find out"
[Tue Jul 31 20:08:14 2007] : Adrin: Adrin reaches for the first lever
[Tue Jul 31 20:08:54 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra makes sure she's got her sword ready
[Tue Jul 31 20:09:00 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's do it"
[Tue Jul 31 20:09:04 2007] : DM: ooc nothing is going to happen if you just reach for it...
[Tue Jul 31 20:09:13 2007] : Adrin: Heave
[Tue Jul 31 20:09:37 2007] : Adrin: ooc just giving people time to stop me if they had a good reason :)
[Tue Jul 31 20:09:42 2007] : DM: The lever clunks stiffly into the down position.
[Tue Jul 31 20:10:39 2007] : Dan: "OK, as nothing has happend, I'm guessing it's a little more complex"
[Tue Jul 31 20:10:43 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks at the doors to see if something has changed
[Tue Jul 31 20:10:54 2007] : Adrin: "Maybe we turn the wheel as well"
[Tue Jul 31 20:10:58 2007] : DM: No change.
[Tue Jul 31 20:11:26 2007] : Aliatra: ""
[Tue Jul 31 20:11:34 2007] : Dan: "With 4 levers there are 16 different combinations that can occur"
[Tue Jul 31 20:11:48 2007] : Aliatra: "Why not? Not too much though, in case we let loose th3e beast"
[Tue Jul 31 20:12:02 2007] : Dan: "We just need to get the ones where the large door *does not* open"
[Tue Jul 31 20:12:12 2007] : Adrin: "Ok, I'll turn it and you watch the doors"
[Tue Jul 31 20:12:21 2007] : Dan: "Just turn it a little"
[Tue Jul 31 20:12:26 2007] : Adrin: Adrin starts to turn the wheel slowly
[Tue Jul 31 20:13:32 2007] : DM: There's a grinding of worn gears and badly lubricated bearings... two of the chains rattle and tauten. They're the chains leading to door 1 and the cat's door.
[Tue Jul 31 20:13:36 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks and listens for any doors opening
[Tue Jul 31 20:13:49 2007] : Adrin: ooc oh dear
[Tue Jul 31 20:13:51 2007] : Aliatra: "Better stop it now!"
[Tue Jul 31 20:14:04 2007] : Adrin: Adrin stops
[Tue Jul 31 20:14:23 2007] : Aliatra: "Wrong door"
[Tue Jul 31 20:14:24 2007] : Dan: "Turn it back down again"
[Tue Jul 31 20:14:36 2007] : Adrin: Adrin winds the wheel back
[Tue Jul 31 20:14:45 2007] : DM: The chains slacken
[Tue Jul 31 20:15:29 2007] : Dan: Dan pushes lever 1 up, and lever 3 down
[Tue Jul 31 20:15:35 2007] : Adrin: ooc DM is evil!
[Tue Jul 31 20:15:40 2007] : Dan: "OK, do it slowly again"
[Tue Jul 31 20:15:49 2007] : DM: The levers clunk into position.
[Tue Jul 31 20:15:54 2007] : Adrin: Heave
[Tue Jul 31 20:15:55 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Of course he is, he's a DM,isn't he?
[Tue Jul 31 20:16:48 2007] : DM: Doors Three and Five start to open. The noise of the rattling chains and scraping of the doors and grinding of the mechanism wakes the cat-beast.
[Tue Jul 31 20:17:08 2007] : DM: It growls deeply and scratches at the door.
[Tue Jul 31 20:17:31 2007] : Adrin: "I dont think we can NOT let the cat out"
[Tue Jul 31 20:17:32 2007] : Dan: "Right, that's good. In basic one lever mode the 4 levers correspond to the 4 small doors"
[Tue Jul 31 20:17:35 2007] : Aliatra: "That's much better"
[Tue Jul 31 20:18:03 2007] : Aliatra: "Now close them again"
[Tue Jul 31 20:18:13 2007] : Dan: "BUT, can we lift the door of cell 3 enough to let out the king, but not open the big door enough for the cat?"
[Tue Jul 31 20:19:05 2007] : Dan: "The king can probably crawl out"
[Tue Jul 31 20:19:07 2007] : Adrin: "I guess its worth a go. I just dont want to have to defend this guy from a big cat"
[Tue Jul 31 20:19:08 2007] : Aliatra: "You know what they say about cats. If they can get their head through, they can get their body through as well"
[Tue Jul 31 20:19:26 2007] : Dan: "Hmm, I didn't know that... Best not tempt fate"
[Tue Jul 31 20:19:42 2007] : Dan: "OK put the doors down again please Adrin"
[Tue Jul 31 20:20:06 2007] : Adrin: Adrin lets go
[Tue Jul 31 20:20:47 2007] : Adrin: "We could always just let it out and kill it"
[Tue Jul 31 20:21:12 2007] : Dan: "Let's see if we can get away without doing that"
[Tue Jul 31 20:21:31 2007] : Dan: Dan leaves lever 3 down, but also puts down lever 2
[Tue Jul 31 20:21:44 2007] : Dan: "OK, try again please"
[Tue Jul 31 20:21:47 2007] : Aliatra: "When and if we need to kill it, we will do so, but not yet"
[Tue Jul 31 20:22:06 2007] : Adrin: Adrin sighs and turns the wheel again
[Tue Jul 31 20:22:23 2007] : DM: Doors Two, Three and Five start to open.
[Tue Jul 31 20:22:43 2007] : Aliatra: "Right, here we go again"
[Tue Jul 31 20:22:54 2007] : Dan: "OK, it looks like there's nothing too complex about this"
[Tue Jul 31 20:23:16 2007] : Dan: "Shall we try all 4 down at once as a last resort?"
[Tue Jul 31 20:23:42 2007] : Adrin: "I suppose so"
[Tue Jul 31 20:23:48 2007] : Aliatra: "Sure, why not?"
[Tue Jul 31 20:24:25 2007] : Dan: Dan puts all the levers down once the others are closed again
[Tue Jul 31 20:24:32 2007] : Dan: "OK, one last time"
[Tue Jul 31 20:24:45 2007] : Adrin: Heave
[Tue Jul 31 20:25:04 2007] : DM: Turning the wheel is really hard work as Adrin starts to raise all five doors.
[Tue Jul 31 20:25:14 2007] : Adrin: "Urgh"
[Tue Jul 31 20:25:43 2007] : Aliatra: "Never mind that, Adrin. As we expected you're opening all doors at once now"
[Tue Jul 31 20:25:48 2007] : Dan: "OK, damn"
[Tue Jul 31 20:26:22 2007] : Dan: Dan has a search around for instructions
[Tue Jul 31 20:26:27 2007] : Dan: Search Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [20,7] = (27)
[Tue Jul 31 20:26:49 2007] : Adrin: "Can I... let ..... go.... now....?"
[Tue Jul 31 20:27:34 2007] : Aliatra: "Yes, please do"
[Tue Jul 31 20:27:42 2007] : DM: There aren't any instructions, you do notice that the mechanism's enclosure has access panels that can be removed.
[Tue Jul 31 20:28:07 2007] : Adrin: "Those doors are heavy"
[Tue Jul 31 20:28:11 2007] : DM: That is, removed with the correct tool.
[Tue Jul 31 20:28:21 2007] : Dan: Dan inspects the access panels and tries to remove them
[Tue Jul 31 20:28:31 2007] : DM: They're fastened somehow.
[Tue Jul 31 20:28:46 2007] : Aliatra: "Need a hand? Or a dagger, perhaps?"
[Tue Jul 31 20:29:09 2007] : DM: ooc reminder: there're a storeroom above you filled with useful stuff.
[Tue Jul 31 20:29:10 2007] : Dan: "If you can try to get the panel off without damaging the box"
[Tue Jul 31 20:29:47 2007] : Adrin: "what about that room upstairs. It had all sorts of tools"
[Tue Jul 31 20:30:00 2007] : Aliatra: "How is it fixed into place?"
[Tue Jul 31 20:30:38 2007] : Aliatra: "So what do we need to remove that panel?"
[Tue Jul 31 20:30:56 2007] : Dan: "Don't know"
[Tue Jul 31 20:31:12 2007] : DM: ooc a torx screwdriver.
[Tue Jul 31 20:31:20 2007] : Dan: Dan examines the fixings to try to see what kind of tool is needed
[Tue Jul 31 20:31:37 2007] : Dan: "It has small hexagons"
[Tue Jul 31 20:31:48 2007] : DM: A regular screwdriver would do the job, or you could crowbar it off.
[Tue Jul 31 20:31:53 2007] : Dan: "Maybe something that is hexagonal?"
[Tue Jul 31 20:32:13 2007] : DM: ooc it doesn't really have torx screws
[Tue Jul 31 20:32:15 2007] : Dan: ooc they don't want the average hoseholder messing with it?
[Tue Jul 31 20:32:23 2007] : Aliatra: "I'll have a rummage around upstairs. Don't go away"
[Tue Jul 31 20:32:47 2007] : Dan: ooc hoseholder?? Fireman maybe... householder
[Tue Jul 31 20:32:53 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra goes back upstaris, taking one of the torches with her to help her in the corridors
[Tue Jul 31 20:33:37 2007] : DM: Listen check Aliatra.
[Tue Jul 31 20:34:17 2007] : DM: Listen Skill Check: [1d20-5] => [1,-5] = (-4)
[Tue Jul 31 20:34:22 2007] : Aliatra: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [2,2] = (4)
[Tue Jul 31 20:34:32 2007] : Adrin: ooc nice rolls
[Tue Jul 31 20:34:38 2007] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jul 31 20:35:14 2007] : DM: As you reach the top you spot a troglodyte looking around the room, weapon draw. It sees you and hisses a warning.
[Tue Jul 31 20:35:19 2007] : DM: Inititive
[Tue Jul 31 20:35:22 2007] : DM: Initiative
[Tue Jul 31 20:35:42 2007] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [20,7] = (27)
[Tue Jul 31 20:35:44 2007] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [15,5] = (20)
[Tue Jul 31 20:36:04 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra throws down the torch and takes her sword in both hands
[Tue Jul 31 20:36:10 2007] : Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+3] => [18,3] = (21)
[Tue Jul 31 20:36:50 2007] : DM: [1d20-1] => [17,-1] = (16)
[Tue Jul 31 20:37:20 2007] : DM: Aliatra, your turn. it's 40 ft away and standing in the centre of the room.
[Tue Jul 31 20:37:43 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra runs at the troglodyte and attacks
[Tue Jul 31 20:37:48 2007] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+11] => [1,11] = (12) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [6,2,5] = (13)
[Tue Jul 31 20:38:00 2007] : DM: Miss.
[Tue Jul 31 20:38:09 2007] : ** Yuan-ti found the F3 macro key **
[Tue Jul 31 20:38:19 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Mummy always told me it's a bad idea to run with a sword in your hands
[Tue Jul 31 20:38:36 2007] : Troglodyte: It returns the attack.
[Tue Jul 31 20:39:05 2007] : Troglodyte: Club (base): [1d20+1] => [4,1] = (5) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [5,0] = (5)
[Tue Jul 31 20:39:07 2007] : Troglodyte: Claw (base): [1d20-1] => [3,-1] = (2) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Jul 31 20:39:08 2007] : Troglodyte: Bite (base): [1d20-1] => [19,-1] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [2,0] = (2)
[Tue Jul 31 20:39:30 2007] : Troglodyte: It snarls in frustration and the impenatrability of your armour.
[Tue Jul 31 20:39:44 2007] : Troglodyte: Aliatra, your turn.
[Tue Jul 31 20:39:49 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra grins as she attacks again
[Tue Jul 31 20:39:50 2007] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+11] => [2,11] = (13) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [5,4,5] = (14)
[Tue Jul 31 20:40:05 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I demand new dice!
[Tue Jul 31 20:40:27 2007] : DM: The troglodyte grins, bearing a mouth full of sharp teeth.
[Tue Jul 31 20:40:32 2007] : DM: Club (base): [1d20+1] => [15,1] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [3,0] = (3)
[Tue Jul 31 20:40:34 2007] : DM: Claw (base): [1d20-1] => [13,-1] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Jul 31 20:40:34 2007] : DM: Bite (base): [1d20-1] => [4,-1] = (3) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Jul 31 20:40:46 2007] : DM: It backs away 5ft.
[Tue Jul 31 20:40:49 2007] : DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Tue Jul 31 20:41:13 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra steps forward and swings again, now laughing out loud
[Tue Jul 31 20:41:14 2007] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+11] => [1,11] = (12) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [3,4,5] = (12)
[Tue Jul 31 20:41:57 2007] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jul 31 20:42:10 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Can anyone lend me their loaded dice, please?
[Tue Jul 31 20:42:11 2007] : DM: Adrin, you hear a commotion from above.
[Tue Jul 31 20:42:20 2007] : DM: Your turn Adrin.
[Tue Jul 31 20:42:39 2007] : Adrin: "Did you hear that? I'm going to see if Ali is ok"
[Tue Jul 31 20:42:48 2007] : Adrin: Adrin runs for the exit
[Tue Jul 31 20:43:31 2007] : Adrin: ooc not sure how far I can get in 1 round
[Tue Jul 31 20:43:48 2007] : DM: ooc I think you can make it to the narrow corridor, that's about 80 ft.
[Tue Jul 31 20:44:00 2007] : Adrin: oco thats fine
[Tue Jul 31 20:44:05 2007] : Adrin: done
[Tue Jul 31 20:44:10 2007] : DM: Dan, your turn.
[Tue Jul 31 20:44:27 2007] : Dan: Dan runs after Adrin
[Tue Jul 31 20:44:48 2007] : Dan: ooc straight line at a run - about 70ft
[Tue Jul 31 20:45:05 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jul 31 20:45:33 2007] : Troglodyte: The troglodyte retreats back to the stairs leading up.
[Tue Jul 31 20:45:50 2007] : DM: Aliatra your turn. the trog is 30ft away at the foot of the stairs.
[Tue Jul 31 20:46:41 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra runs after the creature to attack it once again
[Tue Jul 31 20:46:43 2007] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+11] => [17,11] = (28) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [2,1,5] = (8)
[Tue Jul 31 20:47:07 2007] : DM: A good slice to the body.
[Tue Jul 31 20:47:07 2007] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jul 31 20:47:20 2007] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jul 31 20:47:52 2007] : Adrin: Adrin runs up the stairs towards the sounds
[Tue Jul 31 20:49:09 2007] : DM: k.
[Tue Jul 31 20:49:13 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Jul 31 20:50:04 2007] : Dan: Dan follows
[Tue Jul 31 20:50:17 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jul 31 20:50:38 2007] : Troglodyte: The troglodyte retreats 30 ft up the stairs.
[Tue Jul 31 20:51:06 2007] : Troglodyte: It's calling out loudly it's it's harsh tongue.
[Tue Jul 31 20:51:11 2007] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jul 31 20:51:18 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra keeps on following the creature and attacking it
[Tue Jul 31 20:51:24 2007] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+11] => [4,11] = (15) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [2,5,5] = (12)
[Tue Jul 31 20:51:41 2007] : DM: ooc you can't your base speed is 20 ft.
[Tue Jul 31 20:51:58 2007] : Aliatra: "Stand still and fight like a monster"
[Tue Jul 31 20:52:17 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Just following it then
[Tue Jul 31 20:52:22 2007] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jul 31 20:52:40 2007] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jul 31 20:52:57 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Running, aren't I? So 40 ft a turn
[Tue Jul 31 20:52:57 2007] : DM: You can see the trog on the stairs, it's bleedling badly.
[Tue Jul 31 20:53:24 2007] : Adrin: ooc Chase it as far as I can
[Tue Jul 31 20:53:49 2007] : Dan: ooc can only charge in a straight line, but you could double move into it's threat area H
[Tue Jul 31 20:54:12 2007] : Dan: ooc it gets an AoO, but then you do if it moves again
[Tue Jul 31 20:54:32 2007] : DM: Adrin, you can reach the base of the stairs.
[Tue Jul 31 20:54:33 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Which is what I'll be doing, keeping right on its heels
[Tue Jul 31 20:54:34 2007] : DM: Dan, your go.
[Tue Jul 31 20:54:49 2007] : Dan: ooc Ali can keep up with it, just not attack
[Tue Jul 31 20:55:27 2007] : Dan: Dan steps up, drawing his bow
[Tue Jul 31 20:56:05 2007] : Dan: ooc is there a square with a clear shot??
[Tue Jul 31 20:56:47 2007] : Dan: Shooting
[Tue Jul 31 20:56:52 2007] : Dan: Composite longbow +1 (base): [1d20+9] => [10,9] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] => [6,1] = (7)
[Tue Jul 31 20:57:41 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jul 31 20:57:48 2007] : DM: The troglodyte is pierced by the arrow and it topples other the banisters and lands in a twisted heap on the groud.
[Tue Jul 31 20:58:10 2007] : Aliatra: "Great shot, Dan"
[Tue Jul 31 20:58:13 2007] : Adrin: Adrin looks disappointed
[Tue Jul 31 20:58:24 2007] : Adrin: "Yeah, great"
[Tue Jul 31 20:58:25 2007] : Dan: "Phew, thanks"
[Tue Jul 31 20:58:29 2007] : DM: ooc 87 XP each.
[Tue Jul 31 20:58:38 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Always spoiling for a fight ;-)
[Tue Jul 31 20:59:12 2007] : DM: ooc If I had been clever I would have lined up all the stairs on the maps
[Tue Jul 31 20:59:44 2007] : Dan: "OK, while we're here, lets see about tools"
[Tue Jul 31 21:00:01 2007] : Aliatra: ooc You are clever enough to not be boring like that ;-)
[Tue Jul 31 21:00:01 2007] : Adrin: "Lets stick together this time"
[Tue Jul 31 21:00:07 2007] : Adrin: brb
[Tue Jul 31 21:00:49 2007] : Aliatra: "I never was in any danger, you know. You just blame me for fighting without you" Aliatra grins at Adrin
[Tue Jul 31 21:01:45 2007] : Dan: "Yes, but we'd rather not alert the trogs uspstairs to our presence until we're ready"
[Tue Jul 31 21:02:26 2007] : Aliatra: "In that case, let's at least kick those bodies down the stairs and out of sight"
[Tue Jul 31 21:03:33 2007] : Dan: "OK, let's go"
[Tue Jul 31 21:04:25 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra starts moving dead trogs to the stairs and dropping them down
[Tue Jul 31 21:04:39 2007] : Adrin: ooc back
[Tue Jul 31 21:05:14 2007] : Adrin: "They're bound to notice when this guy doesn't return"
[Tue Jul 31 21:05:32 2007] : DM: ooc I'd have tossed 'em in the harbour.
[Tue Jul 31 21:05:33 2007] : Dan: "So, the king isn't going anywhere"
[Tue Jul 31 21:05:44 2007] : Dan: "Maybe we should carry on upstairs now?"
[Tue Jul 31 21:05:59 2007] : Aliatra: "Just as long as they don't think he's gone downstairs on his own, to battle weeds and giant cats"
[Tue Jul 31 21:06:29 2007] : Dan: "We could always rest in there before opening the door. Then I'll have full complement of spells"
[Tue Jul 31 21:06:40 2007] : Dan: "But only after we go upstairs"
[Tue Jul 31 21:06:56 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra gets downstairs to move the bodies out of the way into the other corridor
[Tue Jul 31 21:07:16 2007] : Adrin: "How about we toss a coin. Heads we go up, tails we go down"
[Tue Jul 31 21:07:19 2007] : DM: ooc er, there's might be more monsters and bad guys upstairs. Can you tackle them without spells?
[Tue Jul 31 21:08:47 2007] : Dan: "I could do with resing soon"
[Tue Jul 31 21:08:50 2007] : Dan: resting
[Tue Jul 31 21:09:11 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra comes up again
[Tue Jul 31 21:09:13 2007] : Adrin: "Aye, its been a long day"
[Tue Jul 31 21:09:19 2007] : Aliatra: "Found the tools we need?"
[Tue Jul 31 21:11:09 2007] : DM: If you look you find a tool box with hammers and chisels and saws and screwdrivers.
[Tue Jul 31 21:11:18 2007] : Dan: "Umm, no, sorry we were talking about our options"
[Tue Jul 31 21:11:27 2007] : Dan: Dan looks
[Tue Jul 31 21:11:59 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's get that hostage out first and then we can think about fighting"
[Tue Jul 31 21:12:08 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks as well
[Tue Jul 31 21:12:51 2007] : DM: You find a tool box with hammers and chisels and saws and screwdrivers.
[Tue Jul 31 21:13:06 2007] : Dan: "OK, let's go try that box then"
[Tue Jul 31 21:13:09 2007] : Adrin: "Sounds fair enough"
[Tue Jul 31 21:13:26 2007] : Dan: Dan carries the toolbox down to the lever device
[Tue Jul 31 21:13:49 2007] : Aliatra: "And if they come after us, we might try and sick that cat on them"
[Tue Jul 31 21:15:19 2007] : Adrin: "Why would the cat attack them instead of us?"
[Tue Jul 31 21:15:20 2007] : Dan: "cat sick?"
[Tue Jul 31 21:15:36 2007] : Dan: "Because they've caged it and mistreated it?"
[Tue Jul 31 21:15:41 2007] : Aliatra: "Because we never did anything to it?"
[Tue Jul 31 21:16:30 2007] : Adrin: "Hmm, I'll keep my sword ready though"
[Tue Jul 31 21:16:41 2007] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Jul 31 21:17:23 2007] : Dan: ooc need a 'poorly crafted illusion'
[Tue Jul 31 21:18:30 2007] : Adrin: ooc back
[Tue Jul 31 21:18:41 2007] : Aliatra: "After resting I could pray for a spell that can provide protection against attacks, as long as we don't attack ourselves"
[Tue Jul 31 21:18:57 2007] : Adrin: "Why would we attack ourselves?"
[Tue Jul 31 21:19:18 2007] : Dan: "Does that spell cover all of us?"
[Tue Jul 31 21:20:17 2007] : Dan: "I could make us invisible"
[Tue Jul 31 21:20:27 2007] : Aliatra: "No, one spell for each person. but we only need one to open that door"
[Tue Jul 31 21:20:50 2007] : Dan: ooc If I can prepare spells at any time during the day, can I now prepare my level 4 spells?
[Tue Jul 31 21:21:04 2007] : DM: ooc I guess
[Tue Jul 31 21:21:08 2007] : Dan: ooc or do I have to rest in order for them to manifest?
[Tue Jul 31 21:21:12 2007] : Aliatra: "No need to worry about that just yet, though"
[Tue Jul 31 21:21:14 2007] : Dan: ooc cool
[Tue Jul 31 21:21:46 2007] : Dan: "I think that I can conjur us a secured rest area, given some time to memorize the spell"
[Tue Jul 31 21:22:17 2007] : DM: ooc does it involve levers and doors and dire tigers?
[Tue Jul 31 21:22:25 2007] : Dan: "It takes the form of a secured cottage, with beds and everything"
[Tue Jul 31 21:22:41 2007] : Aliatra: "A cottage? How quaint"
[Tue Jul 31 21:22:43 2007] : Adrin: "Wow, sounds comfy"
[Tue Jul 31 21:22:57 2007] : Adrin: "Wont they notice it down here though"
[Tue Jul 31 21:23:01 2007] : Dan: "Give me 30 minutes to study without interruption"
[Tue Jul 31 21:23:10 2007] : DM: ooc brb
[Tue Jul 31 21:24:09 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's get downstairs first"
[Tue Jul 31 21:24:16 2007] : Dan: "OK"
[Tue Jul 31 21:24:24 2007] : DM: back
[Tue Jul 31 21:24:37 2007] : Dan: Once downstairs, Dan takes out his spellbook and studies
[Tue Jul 31 21:24:55 2007] : Adrin: "One of us should act as lookout"
[Tue Jul 31 21:25:10 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra takes the tools and tries to get the cover off without breaking anything
[Tue Jul 31 21:25:34 2007] : Adrin: Adrin keeps an eye on the stairway
[Tue Jul 31 21:26:08 2007] : Aliatra: "If we're going to sleep here, I think we need regular watches through the night"
[Tue Jul 31 21:26:36 2007] : DM: The covers are removed and inside you see a mass of gears and mechanisms and chains and so on all smeared in thick black grease.
[Tue Jul 31 21:26:39 2007] : Dan: "No need, the house will be securely locked and alarmed"
[Tue Jul 31 21:27:50 2007] : Aliatra: "Hmm, interesting"
[Tue Jul 31 21:27:52 2007] : DM: ooc what are people's disable device modifiers?
[Tue Jul 31 21:28:10 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra tries to trace where the chains and so on lead to
[Tue Jul 31 21:28:21 2007] : Adrin: ooc 2
[Tue Jul 31 21:28:32 2007] : Aliatra: ooc No ranks
[Tue Jul 31 21:28:40 2007] : Dan: ooc 5 from dex
[Tue Jul 31 21:28:44 2007] : Dan: Disable Device Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Jul 31 21:28:55 2007] : Adrin: Disable Device Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Jul 31 21:29:01 2007] : Aliatra: Disable Device Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Jul 31 21:29:05 2007] : Adrin: ooc forgot it was trained
[Tue Jul 31 21:29:25 2007] : DM: None of you can make any sense of the mechanism.
[Tue Jul 31 21:31:05 2007] : Aliatra: "Well, that did a lot of good"
[Tue Jul 31 21:31:36 2007] : Dan: Dan finishes reading...
[Tue Jul 31 21:31:48 2007] : Dan: "Let me explain how the spell works"
[Tue Jul 31 21:31:52 2007] : Adrin: "Whose idea was this again?"
[Tue Jul 31 21:32:33 2007] : Dan: Dan explains the spell... (secure shelter/leomund's secure shelter)
[Tue Jul 31 21:33:14 2007] : Dan: "It's a stone cottage, with beds, a fireplace, an unseen servant. Arcane locked and alarmed doors"
[Tue Jul 31 21:33:18 2007] : Aliatra: "Can you cast the cottage in such a way that that mechanism is in it? In that way we can unleash the cat while roasting a pig in our fireplace"
[Tue Jul 31 21:33:54 2007] : Adrin: "That would be very nice
[Tue Jul 31 21:34:13 2007] : Dan: "We could possibly cast it so that it blocks access to the mechanism..."
[Tue Jul 31 21:34:28 2007] : Dan: "The unlock the door, then get in the shelter..."
[Tue Jul 31 21:34:58 2007] : Dan: "Unfortunately, that means that the lizardman king gets eaten"
[Tue Jul 31 21:35:17 2007] : Adrin: "Only if we open his door too"
[Tue Jul 31 21:35:19 2007] : Dan: "Ah, unless we open door one, or something, and not door 3"
[Tue Jul 31 21:35:21 2007] : Aliatra: "But then we can only hope and pray the cat goes upstairs and doesn't decide to kill the goblin king"
[Tue Jul 31 21:35:25 2007] : Dan: "Of course"
[Tue Jul 31 21:36:00 2007] : Aliatra: "How long will that cottage be here?"
[Tue Jul 31 21:36:15 2007] : Dan: "How about Adrin, who is fastest runs upstairs, makes a heck of a din to attract trogs to follow him..."
[Tue Jul 31 21:36:52 2007] : Adrin: "and then they all wait for us when the spell end"
[Tue Jul 31 21:36:57 2007] : Dan: "Then runs for his life down here, and we open the cage and al;l of us jump into the cottage as they chase him"
[Tue Jul 31 21:37:33 2007] : Dan: "So we open the cage to let the cat deal with them"
[Tue Jul 31 21:37:42 2007] : Dan: "The shelter will last 14 hours"
[Tue Jul 31 21:38:29 2007] : Adrin: "Unless they have it tamed in which case we fight everything at once."
[Tue Jul 31 21:38:45 2007] : Dan: "hmm, I never considered that"
[Tue Jul 31 21:38:52 2007] : Adrin: "Now I like a good fight, but I know when to fight and when to run"
[Tue Jul 31 21:39:34 2007] : Dan: "Judging by the state of it, as described by freya, it's dishevelled looking, which suggests mistreatment"
[Tue Jul 31 21:39:41 2007] : Aliatra: "How about we rest, I pray for the Sanctuary spell, Adrin gets the trogs down, I open the door, protected by the spell as Adrin gets in the cottage and I follow after releasing the cat"
[Tue Jul 31 21:40:05 2007] : Dan: "Same difference really Ali"
[Tue Jul 31 21:40:10 2007] : Adrin: "Or we let the cat out, kill it and leg it with the King"
[Tue Jul 31 21:40:31 2007] : Aliatra: "That will be about 6 hours with a cat as big as a horse and some trogs. The should just about kill eachother off"
[Tue Jul 31 21:41:22 2007] : Adrin: "By the description it sounds like a Tiger. Shouldn't be too hard to kill"
[Tue Jul 31 21:41:28 2007] : Dan: "I agree, if the cat is not tamed. but as I say, i think that it is not tamed"
[Tue Jul 31 21:41:34 2007] : Aliatra: "Änd then we seaap up the remains, set the king free and leg it"
[Tue Jul 31 21:41:39 2007] : DM: ooc regular tigers aren't horse sized.
[Tue Jul 31 21:41:49 2007] : Aliatra: sweep
[Tue Jul 31 21:42:50 2007] : Dan: "I think that we set the tiger on them anyway"
[Tue Jul 31 21:43:20 2007] : Dan: "Adrin, are you happy to go up there, cause a commotion and run back down?"
[Tue Jul 31 21:43:22 2007] : Adrin: "Ok, ok, lets do the cottage trap thing"
[Tue Jul 31 21:43:37 2007] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Secure Shelter (level 4): Creates sturdy cottage with alarms on the entry points and an unseen servant (Duration - 2 hours/level)
[Tue Jul 31 21:43:38 2007] : Aliatra: "I think I'd rather see it fighting itself to death against its captors then rotting away down here"
[Tue Jul 31 21:44:01 2007] : Adrin: "All ready?"
[Tue Jul 31 21:44:05 2007] : Dan: ooc do we get XP for arranging for two opponents to fight each other?
[Tue Jul 31 21:44:23 2007] : DM: ooc yes, if your plan is successful.
[Tue Jul 31 21:44:30 2007] : Aliatra: ooc QWe should do
[Tue Jul 31 21:44:45 2007] : Dan: ooc but it is a bit boring to watch the Dm fight himself...
[Tue Jul 31 21:45:09 2007] : DM: ooc fyi, you'd get the XP for the tiger if you opened door three without letting the tiger loose.
[Tue Jul 31 21:45:19 2007] : Dan: Dan opens the house and invites everyone to inspect it
[Tue Jul 31 21:45:24 2007] : DM: ooc I can't work out the result off-line.
[Tue Jul 31 21:46:00 2007] : DM: ooc or I can cheat and do some test runs in NWN2.
[Tue Jul 31 21:46:27 2007] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Jul 31 21:47:08 2007] : DM: So. What's the plan?
[Tue Jul 31 21:47:17 2007] : DM: Just summarize it, please.
[Tue Jul 31 21:47:50 2007] : Dan: ooc *shrug* Don't want it to be dull after your planning a nice dire tiger :(
[Tue Jul 31 21:47:57 2007] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jul 31 21:48:17 2007] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Jul 31 21:48:20 2007] : DM: ooc It's been fun reading your plans.
[Tue Jul 31 21:49:09 2007] : Aliatra: We rest, Adrin goes upstairs, gets the trogs to follow him, as I hear him approaching I cast Sanctuary on myself, Adrin gets into the cottage, I open the door for the tiger and follow him. then we watch the carnage through the windows
[Tue Jul 31 21:49:15 2007] : DM: ooc you were only supposed to fight it if you were too dumb to come up witth a better plan.
[Tue Jul 31 21:49:42 2007] : Dan: "OK then let's rest"
[Tue Jul 31 21:50:20 2007] : Dan: Dan walks into the cottage and sits at the desk studying his newly understood spells
[Tue Jul 31 21:51:24 2007] : DM: Adrin, you pass through level 2 which is still empty (except for that cook), and you climb the stairs to level 3.
[Tue Jul 31 21:51:30 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra gets in and looks around for food
[Tue Jul 31 21:51:31 2007] : Dan: ooc that's something for tomorrow morning isn't it H? I think that we can
[Tue Jul 31 21:51:47 2007] : DM: There's a corridor with more doors.
[Tue Jul 31 21:51:47 2007] : Dan: "What are you looking for Ali?"
[Tue Jul 31 21:51:57 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Yep, after resting
[Tue Jul 31 21:52:01 2007] : DM: Four doors, two on the left, two on the right after short passageways.
[Tue Jul 31 21:52:15 2007] : Aliatra: "I just wonder if this house contains any food"
[Tue Jul 31 21:52:29 2007] : Adrin: ooc All closed?
[Tue Jul 31 21:52:33 2007] : DM: Yep
[Tue Jul 31 21:52:37 2007] : Dan: "Sorry, i don't think that it does"
[Tue Jul 31 21:53:18 2007] : Aliatra: "Well, rations it is then, again"
[Tue Jul 31 21:53:38 2007] : Adrin: Adrin strolls up to the first door he sees
[Tue Jul 31 21:54:08 2007] : Aliatra: "Where is Adrin?"
[Tue Jul 31 21:54:17 2007] : Dan: ooc I put the house down so as to allow us access to the control panel, and allow the tiger out, but so that it has to go around the house to get to us
[Tue Jul 31 21:54:31 2007] : DM: ooc er, didn't Aliatra have to rest to get her spell?
[Tue Jul 31 21:54:49 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Yep, I said so (more than once)
[Tue Jul 31 21:54:59 2007] : Dan: Dan makes Ali invisible
[Tue Jul 31 21:55:22 2007] : Dan: Dan puts the invisibility stone away
[Tue Jul 31 21:55:23 2007] : Adrin: ooc so were we resting before I went upstairs?
[Tue Jul 31 21:55:40 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Nope, Dan and I just entered the cottage
[Tue Jul 31 21:55:46 2007] : DM: ooc brb
[Tue Jul 31 21:56:01 2007] : Dan: ooc better to do it now anyway
[Tue Jul 31 21:57:20 2007] : Aliatra: "The impetuous so and so is spoiling for a fight, again. We'd better get ready for when he returns"
[Tue Jul 31 21:57:54 2007] : Aliatra: "I'll go outside and be ready to open the door for that cat"
[Tue Jul 31 21:58:21 2007] : Adrin: Adrin knocks on the door and steps back
[Tue Jul 31 21:58:27 2007] : DM: You try the first door on the right and it opens out onto a large hall, it's richly decorated with carpets and tapestries on the walls and wood panels and carved stone columns.
[Tue Jul 31 21:58:41 2007] : DM: There's a wooden mezzanine floor above you.
[Tue Jul 31 21:59:35 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Mezzanine? Is that like a dais?
[Tue Jul 31 21:59:46 2007] : DM: Two trogs wearing better gear and carrying halbards not clubs. turn and look at you.
[Tue Jul 31 21:59:55 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Or like a balcony?
[Tue Jul 31 22:00:02 2007] : DM: ooc like a half floor balcony type thing.
[Tue Jul 31 22:00:17 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Aha
[Tue Jul 31 22:00:19 2007] : DM: Roll initiative Adrin.
[Tue Jul 31 22:00:31 2007] : Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+3] => [2,3] = (5)
[Tue Jul 31 22:00:40 2007] : DM: [1d20-1] => [20,-1] = (19)
[Tue Jul 31 22:01:02 2007] : Adrin: ooc how far away are they?
[Tue Jul 31 22:01:30 2007] : DM: ooc about 80-90 ft.
[Tue Jul 31 22:01:43 2007] : Adrin: ooc ok
[Tue Jul 31 22:01:44 2007] : DM: Adrin, you get a surprise round.
[Tue Jul 31 22:02:45 2007] : Adrin: ooc can I see that the other door opens into this room too?
[Tue Jul 31 22:02:45 2007] : DM: i.e., it's your turn now.
[Tue Jul 31 22:03:00 2007] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Jul 31 22:03:25 2007] : Adrin: Adrin runs across the Mezzanine, and out the other doorway
[Tue Jul 31 22:04:28 2007] : Adrin: ooc do I get a full round action?
[Tue Jul 31 22:04:39 2007] : DM: Er, you can't do that, you need to run up the stairs to the mezzanine and then there are no stairs down on the otherside, the stairs go oup to level 4.
[Tue Jul 31 22:05:13 2007] : Adrin: ooc ahh, misread the map. Thought I was on the same level as the mezzanine
[Tue Jul 31 22:05:36 2007] : DM: ooc ah no, the doors open out onto the main floor.
[Tue Jul 31 22:05:42 2007] : Adrin: ooc so can I run under it?
[Tue Jul 31 22:05:48 2007] : DM: ooc yup.
[Tue Jul 31 22:05:59 2007] : Adrin: ooc that'll do then
[Tue Jul 31 22:06:33 2007] : Adrin: done
[Tue Jul 31 22:06:55 2007] : DM: The two troglodytes give chase and you hear more clawed feet running on the wooden floor of the mezzanine.
[Tue Jul 31 22:07:42 2007] : DM: Since you have a head start, they can't catch you. You can lead them safely down to level 0.
[Tue Jul 31 22:07:49 2007] : Dan: ooc brb
[Tue Jul 31 22:07:58 2007] : Adrin: ooc can I rap the other 2 doors as I run?
[Tue Jul 31 22:08:04 2007] : DM: ooc sure.
[Tue Jul 31 22:08:37 2007] : Adrin: Adrin runs downstairs yelling as he goes for the others to hear
[Tue Jul 31 22:09:15 2007] : Aliatra: "Dan, get inside and call Adrin over: as he can't see me it might startle him if I call out"
[Tue Jul 31 22:09:29 2007] : DM: Back down in the basement Adrin runs into the cavern, hotly pursued by four well armed and armoured troglodytes.
[Tue Jul 31 22:09:35 2007] : Adrin: ooc I think he can find a doorway
[Tue Jul 31 22:09:50 2007] : Dan: Dan gets inside the door and yells to Adrin
[Tue Jul 31 22:10:04 2007] : Adrin: ooc I'd love to see their faces when they see the cottage :)
[Tue Jul 31 22:10:13 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra starts opening the door to the ctiger as soon as she hears Adrin's footsteps
[Tue Jul 31 22:10:15 2007] : Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Tue Jul 31 22:10:19 2007] : DM: At the entrance to the cavern they pause, looking warily at the pool of water. They're clearly aware of what used to lurk within.
[Tue Jul 31 22:10:35 2007] : Dan: "Ali, you'll have to slap me when you enter... it will clear your invisibility and I'll know for certain that you are in the shelter"
[Tue Jul 31 22:11:13 2007] : Aliatra: "Sure, I will do that. How hard would you like to be slapped?"
[Tue Jul 31 22:11:34 2007] : Dan: "not hard, but any attack will clear the invisibility"
[Tue Jul 31 22:11:54 2007] : DM: This gives enough time for Adrin to make it safely into the hut, As Aliatra opens door Five the cat growls and snarls and finally wriggles underneath the opening door.
[Tue Jul 31 22:12:31 2007] : DM: It pauses, sniffing the air and looking around before leaping towards the troglodytes who turn and flee in terror.
[Tue Jul 31 22:12:44 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra legs it into the cottage and she claps Dan on the back as she enters
[Tue Jul 31 22:12:53 2007] : DM: You near screams of pain and snarls of fury from further down the corridor.
[Tue Jul 31 22:13:05 2007] : Dan: Dan shuts the door
[Tue Jul 31 22:13:10 2007] : DM: GAME END