Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Jul 24 19:27:52 2007] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Jul 24 19:28:20 2007] : DM: You've entered the fortress complex in the mountain that is Overwatch Island.
[Tue Jul 24 19:28:48 2007] : DM: You're in a large storeroom stacked high with crates and barrels and misc. items.
[Tue Jul 24 19:29:40 2007] : DM: Broad and worn stone stairs cut into the rock lead upwards, and a narrower, crooked flight with wonky steps leads down at the back of the large room.
[Tue Jul 24 19:29:56 2007] : DM: Two rows of stout pillars of stone support the ceiling.
[Tue Jul 24 19:30:06 2007] : Adrin: ooc when we were approaching the island did we see a tower or anything?
[Tue Jul 24 19:30:56 2007] : DM: The outside looks like a bare, rocky mountain from the side you approached.
[Tue Jul 24 19:31:44 2007] : DM: ooc last session you discussed heading down to what you supposed where the dungeons to find the lizardfolk king.
[Tue Jul 24 19:32:14 2007] : Dan: "So, downwards then, or do we prefer upwards first?"
[Tue Jul 24 19:32:22 2007] : Aliatra: "Up, down or waiting here for someone to come and fight us?"
[Tue Jul 24 19:32:48 2007] : Aliatra: "Freed prisoners will probably be prepared to fight at our side"
[Tue Jul 24 19:33:12 2007] : Adrin: "How many levels do you think go up and down?"
[Tue Jul 24 19:34:02 2007] : Dan: "I really couldn't guess"
[Tue Jul 24 19:34:24 2007] : Dan: "Let's try down first"
[Tue Jul 24 19:34:59 2007] : DM: ooc the size of the mountain would suggest quite a few...
[Tue Jul 24 19:35:21 2007] : Oona: "down first?"
[Tue Jul 24 19:35:43 2007] : Aliatra: "Yep. Oona, will you do the honours?"
[Tue Jul 24 19:35:48 2007] : Oona: "well, the last ennemy went up, why not try and get rid of those whom we know are waiting for us?"
[Tue Jul 24 19:36:11 2007] : DM: ooc the last enemy tried to go up, you killed it before it could make it.
[Tue Jul 24 19:36:24 2007] : Adrin: "Oona, how about you have a quick look upstairs?"
[Tue Jul 24 19:37:48 2007] : Oona: "I can try and see if they'll spot me"
[Tue Jul 24 19:37:58 2007] : Oona: "Just make sure the way down is secure in some way or something"
[Tue Jul 24 19:38:06 2007] : Aliatra: "Just avoid that, won't you?"
[Tue Jul 24 19:38:32 2007] : Oona: Oona advances to the stairs and goes up, trying to stay as concealed as possible in the shadows and the corners
[Tue Jul 24 19:38:38 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [14,14] = (28)
[Tue Jul 24 19:38:39 2007] : Aliatra: "But if you do get spotted, come running, we'll be waiting for you and them"
[Tue Jul 24 19:38:40 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [11,13] = (24)
[Tue Jul 24 19:39:10 2007] : DM: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [5,0] = (5)
[Tue Jul 24 19:39:48 2007] : Oona: Oona tries to peek and see if she can make out the layout of the room/floor upstairs
[Tue Jul 24 19:39:52 2007] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [10,11] = (21)
[Tue Jul 24 19:41:31 2007] : Oona: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [1,9] = (10)
[Tue Jul 24 19:42:44 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [5,13] = (18)
[Tue Jul 24 19:43:05 2007] : Oona: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [5,9] = (14)
[Tue Jul 24 19:43:21 2007] : DM: A few minutes pass for those waiting.
[Tue Jul 24 19:44:05 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra has her sword in her hand as she waits patiently and tries to hear what's going on
[Tue Jul 24 19:44:06 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [15,13] = (28)
[Tue Jul 24 19:44:11 2007] : Aliatra: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [19,2] = (21)
[Tue Jul 24 19:44:14 2007] : Oona: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [18,9] = (27)
[Tue Jul 24 19:44:14 2007] : DM: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [1,3] = (4)
[Tue Jul 24 19:44:14 2007] : DM: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [6,3] = (9)
[Tue Jul 24 19:44:15 2007] : DM: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [18,3] = (21)
[Tue Jul 24 19:44:15 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [9,13] = (22)
[Tue Jul 24 19:44:16 2007] : DM: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [7,3] = (10)
[Tue Jul 24 19:44:17 2007] : DM: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [3,3] = (6)
[Tue Jul 24 19:44:18 2007] : Oona: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [3,9] = (12)
[Tue Jul 24 19:44:20 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [13,13] = (26)
[Tue Jul 24 19:44:20 2007] : Oona: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [9,9] = (18)
[Tue Jul 24 19:44:21 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [1,13] = (14)
[Tue Jul 24 19:44:22 2007] : Oona: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [8,9] = (17)
[Tue Jul 24 19:46:45 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [11,13] = (24)
[Tue Jul 24 19:47:01 2007] : Oona: Oona reappears at the bottom of the stairs
[Tue Jul 24 19:47:17 2007] : Oona: Oona talks quietly to her companions
[Tue Jul 24 19:47:22 2007] : Aliatra: Softly: "And?"
[Tue Jul 24 19:47:49 2007] : Oona: OK, there are 5 doors. I listened at each of them in turn.
[Tue Jul 24 19:48:07 2007] : Oona: Only one room seems to be occupied, at least by awake creatures.
[Tue Jul 24 19:48:16 2007] : Oona: "Only one room seems to be occupied, at least by awake creatures"
[Tue Jul 24 19:48:26 2007] : Oona: I didn't hear anything in the others.
[Tue Jul 24 19:48:37 2007] : Aliatra: "Just the one floor?"
[Tue Jul 24 19:48:57 2007] : Oona: "I didn't see any stairs going up from the corridor"
[Tue Jul 24 19:50:25 2007] : Oona: "What do you want to do?"
[Tue Jul 24 19:50:30 2007] : Adrin: "Maybe we should clear that room first"
[Tue Jul 24 19:50:33 2007] : Aliatra: "So how can we get at them one room at a time?"
[Tue Jul 24 19:51:36 2007] : Adrin: "Do the one Oona found first, then see what happens"
[Tue Jul 24 19:51:44 2007] : Adrin: Adrin grins
[Tue Jul 24 19:51:59 2007] : Aliatra: "Sure"
[Tue Jul 24 19:52:15 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra grins back
[Tue Jul 24 19:52:27 2007] : Dan: Dan shrugs
[Tue Jul 24 19:52:31 2007] : Oona: "I'd say one of us could stay at the door and make sure that no nasty surprises are gonna come our way while we go to that room"
[Tue Jul 24 19:52:36 2007] : Dan: "Lets get on with it then"
[Tue Jul 24 19:52:40 2007] : Oona: "yep"
[Tue Jul 24 19:53:10 2007] : Oona: "Let me go ahead and study the door, I didn't look at it to see if it was closed or not. It is the third door on the left"
[Tue Jul 24 19:53:11 2007] : Aliatra: "I'm not staying though, I'm going up"
[Tue Jul 24 19:53:14 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [8,14] = (22)
[Tue Jul 24 19:53:16 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [5,13] = (18)
[Tue Jul 24 19:53:25 2007] : Oona: Search Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [8,13] = (21)
[Tue Jul 24 19:53:35 2007] : Dan: "Stay at what door?"
[Tue Jul 24 19:53:52 2007] : Oona: ooc moving up to the door, searching to see if the door is locked/trapped, whatever
[Tue Jul 24 19:53:54 2007] : Aliatra: "Front door, I guess"
[Tue Jul 24 19:54:11 2007] : Dan: "I'm not staying down here by myself"
[Tue Jul 24 19:54:24 2007] : Dan: "Just stay together"
[Tue Jul 24 19:54:26 2007] : DM: The door appears to be a regular wooden door. It doesn't even have a keyhole or a bolt.
[Tue Jul 24 19:54:55 2007] : Oona: Go back and beckon to the others than the way is clear, Readying bow.
[Tue Jul 24 19:54:57 2007] : Adrin: "Safety in numbers"
[Tue Jul 24 19:55:00 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [4,13] = (17)
[Tue Jul 24 19:55:27 2007] : Aliatra: "Me first"
[Tue Jul 24 19:56:16 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Is Oona coming down again?
[Tue Jul 24 19:56:31 2007] : DM: ooc she did say so.
[Tue Jul 24 19:57:04 2007] : Dan: Dan swaps to his longsword for close quarters
[Tue Jul 24 19:57:17 2007] : Adrin: Adrin follows up the stairs
[Tue Jul 24 19:57:18 2007] : Adrin: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [6,3] = (9)
[Tue Jul 24 19:57:31 2007] : Oona: I'm at the top of the stairs if you've followed a bit
[Tue Jul 24 19:57:43 2007] : Oona: or I'm fgoing donw if you've stayed in the middle of the room
[Tue Jul 24 19:58:21 2007] : Oona: ooc Dave can you put the new map?
[Tue Jul 24 19:58:23 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Just standing at the bottom of the stairs, seeing whether or not you're coming down
[Tue Jul 24 19:59:04 2007] : Adrin: ooc anyone got a mini for me? I had to delete the reference to mine from my tree due ORPGs 'feature'
[Tue Jul 24 19:59:49 2007] : Adrin: ooc thanks
[Tue Jul 24 20:00:17 2007] : Oona: ooc I'm beckonning you to come up.
[Tue Jul 24 20:00:19 2007] : Aliatra: "So the last door on the left, right?"
[Tue Jul 24 20:00:34 2007] : Oona: "yes"
[Tue Jul 24 20:00:43 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra is upstairs by now
[Tue Jul 24 20:00:52 2007] : Oona: ooc how does the door open David. inwards, outwards?
[Tue Jul 24 20:01:13 2007] : DM: ooc Inwards
[Tue Jul 24 20:01:44 2007] : DM: ooc brb
[Tue Jul 24 20:01:45 2007] : Aliatra: "Ready to kick some arse, Adrin?"
[Tue Jul 24 20:01:51 2007] : Oona: Oona moves again to the end of the floor and aims her bow at the door
[Tue Jul 24 20:01:53 2007] : Adrin: Adrin mimes kicking the door in
[Tue Jul 24 20:01:54 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [8,13] = (21)
[Tue Jul 24 20:02:18 2007] : Adrin: ooc although I do remember the last time adrin tried to break a door down
[Tue Jul 24 20:02:39 2007] : DM: ooc back
[Tue Jul 24 20:02:44 2007] : Aliatra: ooc the door isn't even locked, just open it already ;)
[Tue Jul 24 20:03:15 2007] : DM: Initiative
[Tue Jul 24 20:03:19 2007] : DM: [1d20-2] => [7,-2] = (5)
[Tue Jul 24 20:03:25 2007] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [17,7] = (24)
[Tue Jul 24 20:03:28 2007] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [7,5] = (12)
[Tue Jul 24 20:04:07 2007] : Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+3] => [2,3] = (5)
[Tue Jul 24 20:04:09 2007] : Oona: Initiative: [1d20+9] => [17,9] = (26)
[Tue Jul 24 20:04:36 2007] : DM: ooc Position your minis where you want to be at the start of the combat rounds.
[Tue Jul 24 20:05:49 2007] : DM: Oona your turn.
[Tue Jul 24 20:06:18 2007] : Oona: Oona kicks the door in, not too hard so that it does'nt bounce and closes again
[Tue Jul 24 20:06:45 2007] : Oona: Oon peeks and takes the lay of the room and if I can see an easily attainable target, I shoot
[Tue Jul 24 20:08:04 2007] : DM: The room contains half a dozen benches and tables arranged in a haphzard manner at one end of the room. Dirty plates and mugs sit discarded on the chipped and rough tables.
[Tue Jul 24 20:08:18 2007] : DM: The benches are empty.
[Tue Jul 24 20:08:55 2007] : DM: At the other end of the room is a crude sort of kitchen area -- some worksurfaces with piles of disgusting food items on them.
[Tue Jul 24 20:09:42 2007] : Oona: ooc any shootable character?
[Tue Jul 24 20:09:46 2007] : DM: In the centre of the kitchen area is a large fireplace on which sits a large metal couldron. The smoke from the fire drifts up through a chimey cut into the ceiling.
[Tue Jul 24 20:10:19 2007] : Adrin: (quietly) "You said they were in here"
[Tue Jul 24 20:10:31 2007] : DM: A troglodyte who you guess to be old from its dull scales and poor appearance is stiring the couldron.
[Tue Jul 24 20:11:00 2007] : DM: It looks up in surprise as the door is kicked open and you see it's mostly toothless.
[Tue Jul 24 20:11:23 2007] : DM: ooc after all that effort and all that's in here is a old cook ;)
[Tue Jul 24 20:11:25 2007] : Aliatra: "We're not killing that, are we?"
[Tue Jul 24 20:11:36 2007] : Oona: ooc you're not seeing it Ali
[Tue Jul 24 20:11:38 2007] : DM: ooc not taking turns anymore.
[Tue Jul 24 20:12:14 2007] : Oona: "at seeing the old toothless thing, Oona aims her bow at the creature and comes into the room without shooting"
[Tue Jul 24 20:12:21 2007] : Oona: "at seeing the old toothless thing, Oona aims her bow at the creature and comes into the room without shooting"
[Tue Jul 24 20:12:39 2007] : Oona: "There's only one. And it's the cook, seems harmless enough"
[Tue Jul 24 20:12:49 2007] : Oona: says oona to the others
[Tue Jul 24 20:13:05 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra follows Oona, sword still in hand
[Tue Jul 24 20:13:12 2007] : Dan: "Just tie him and gag him, we can set him free later, but we don't want him tipping anyone off"
[Tue Jul 24 20:13:14 2007] : Aliatra: "We're not killing that, are we?"
[Tue Jul 24 20:13:36 2007] : Crrrg: (in draconic) "Not hurt Crrrk? Crrrk cook not warrior."
[Tue Jul 24 20:13:42 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's ask him who else is here, before we gag him"
[Tue Jul 24 20:15:06 2007] : Crrrk: Crrk looks stupidly from one to the other.
[Tue Jul 24 20:15:13 2007] : Aliatra: "Crrrk. who else is here?"
[Tue Jul 24 20:15:18 2007] : Oona: "I won't hurt you, no"
[Tue Jul 24 20:15:23 2007] : Oona: ooc /me speaks draconic
[Tue Jul 24 20:15:24 2007] : Dan: Dan asks in draconic
[Tue Jul 24 20:15:30 2007] : Dan: "Who else is here?"
[Tue Jul 24 20:15:40 2007] : Dan: "Where is the lizard leader?"
[Tue Jul 24 20:16:08 2007] : Crrrk: Crrk slowly points upwards, "Many warriors."
[Tue Jul 24 20:16:19 2007] : Crrrk: He's clearly not the brightest.
[Tue Jul 24 20:16:42 2007] : Dan: "OK, where is the lizard leader?"
[Tue Jul 24 20:16:45 2007] : Aliatra: "Ask him how to get upstairs. that's where he's pointing, right?"
[Tue Jul 24 20:16:49 2007] : Crrrk: "Crrrk not know 'bout lizard leader. Crrk cook."
[Tue Jul 24 20:17:10 2007] : Dan: "What's down the stairs from the room below?"
[Tue Jul 24 20:18:39 2007] : Crrrk: (in draconic) "Crrrk not go there. Warriors take food down, give to prisoners maybe. Crrrk not let noise from down there."
[Tue Jul 24 20:18:47 2007] : Adrin: "Dan, ask him about the other rooms up here"
[Tue Jul 24 20:19:09 2007] : Crrrk: "... not like noise..."
[Tue Jul 24 20:19:28 2007] : Dan: "OK, and how do we get upstairs?"
[Tue Jul 24 20:20:14 2007] : Crrrk: (draconic as always) "Stairs?"
[Tue Jul 24 20:20:53 2007] : Dan: Dan points up
[Tue Jul 24 20:21:04 2007] : Dan: "How do we get up?"
[Tue Jul 24 20:21:46 2007] : Crrrk: "Stairs." waving vaguely at the corridor.
[Tue Jul 24 20:22:02 2007] : Dan: "Where are trhe stairs?"
[Tue Jul 24 20:22:10 2007] : Adrin: ooc I didn't think there were anymore stairs going up
[Tue Jul 24 20:22:13 2007] : Dan: "Which door?"
[Tue Jul 24 20:22:16 2007] : Aliatra: "In one of the rooms, probably"
[Tue Jul 24 20:22:20 2007] : Crrrk: "Warriors kill you if you go up." he says with a toothly smirk.
[Tue Jul 24 20:22:33 2007] : Dan: "We'll take our chances"
[Tue Jul 24 20:23:01 2007] : Dan: "So you won't mind telling us how to meet our death"
[Tue Jul 24 20:23:22 2007] : Crrrk: "Best stay down. Eat stew." he scoops a glutinous, gristley blob of stew from the pot onto he spoon. "Eat?"
[Tue Jul 24 20:23:33 2007] : Oona: "No thank you."
[Tue Jul 24 20:23:40 2007] : Oona: in common to the others
[Tue Jul 24 20:23:42 2007] : Dan: Dan looks down his nose at it
[Tue Jul 24 20:23:58 2007] : Oona: "Kniock him unconscious and go up?"
[Tue Jul 24 20:24:08 2007] : Crrrk: Crrk slurps it off the spoon with obvious relish.
[Tue Jul 24 20:24:22 2007] : Dan: "Listen up, if you want to live. Which room has the stairs, and what's in the other rooms?"
[Tue Jul 24 20:24:24 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's bound and gag him"
[Tue Jul 24 20:26:33 2007] : Crrrk: Crrk counts on this fingers, "One, tree, er, four. Door four on spoonside."
[Tue Jul 24 20:26:53 2007] : Crrrk: Crrks is holding is spoon in this left claw.
[Tue Jul 24 20:27:03 2007] : Dan: Dan looks confused
[Tue Jul 24 20:27:19 2007] : Dan: "Oona, did you understand that? Spoonside?"
[Tue Jul 24 20:27:24 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's just try them all"
[Tue Jul 24 20:27:51 2007] : Dan: "And I note that he missed out two, so I'mm guessing door 3"
[Tue Jul 24 20:28:13 2007] : Aliatra: "But as he was counting I think he means door #3 and there are only 3 doors on this side of the corridor"
[Tue Jul 24 20:28:42 2007] : Crrrk: ooc Aliatra you don't understand draconic.
[Tue Jul 24 20:28:58 2007] : Dan: ooc Dan is translating back for the group
[Tue Jul 24 20:29:05 2007] : Dan: ooc as we usually do it
[Tue Jul 24 20:29:16 2007] : Adrin: "If he doesn't know anything, lets tie him up and get going"
[Tue Jul 24 20:29:57 2007] : Dan: "Yes, he may have vital information, but I'm stumped if I know the right question to get it"
[Tue Jul 24 20:29:58 2007] : Aliatra: "And let's get going now, please"
[Tue Jul 24 20:30:17 2007] : Dan: "And his responses are cryptic"
[Tue Jul 24 20:30:31 2007] : Dan: "Tie and gag him"
[Tue Jul 24 20:32:14 2007] : Oona: "Spoon side...errrrr."
[Tue Jul 24 20:32:39 2007] : Oona: Oona looks at the table to see if a table is dressed and shows where the spoon lies
[Tue Jul 24 20:33:10 2007] : Oona: "Or in his hand?"
[Tue Jul 24 20:33:22 2007] : Oona: "OK, so that would be the third door on the left coming out of here"
[Tue Jul 24 20:33:33 2007] : Adrin: "What on earth is spoon side?"
[Tue Jul 24 20:34:23 2007] : Crrrk: None of the tables are laid out in anything other than a mess.
[Tue Jul 24 20:34:26 2007] : Oona: "or rather... the fourth on the left."
[Tue Jul 24 20:34:37 2007] : Aliatra: "Or on his right, or the first door you come to, or ..."
[Tue Jul 24 20:35:15 2007] : Dan: "I think that we just try them all as Ali said"
[Tue Jul 24 20:35:17 2007] : Crrrk: ooc in the time taken to ponder this partiocularly stupid troglodyte's information you could have tried all the doors by now. ;)
[Tue Jul 24 20:35:21 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's just go and find out"
[Tue Jul 24 20:35:26 2007] : Oona: ooc lol
[Tue Jul 24 20:35:53 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra tries the door opposite
[Tue Jul 24 20:36:16 2007] : Dan: ooc we're trying not to be hack/smash/slash!
[Tue Jul 24 20:36:23 2007] : Adrin: ooc booo
[Tue Jul 24 20:36:28 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Are we?
[Tue Jul 24 20:36:46 2007] : Crrrk: It opens out into a barracks with grotty bunk beds. It's empty.
[Tue Jul 24 20:36:49 2007] : Dan: "Aren't we tying him first?"
[Tue Jul 24 20:36:55 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Any persons or stairs here?
[Tue Jul 24 20:36:59 2007] : Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [3,2] = (5)
[Tue Jul 24 20:37:06 2007] : DM: There's a large chalk board with crude writing on it.
[Tue Jul 24 20:37:12 2007] : Dan: "He might not be as stupid as he seems, he may raise an alarm"
[Tue Jul 24 20:37:17 2007] : Aliatra: ooc this is ridiculous! ;-)
[Tue Jul 24 20:37:41 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Hasn't he been tied yet?
[Tue Jul 24 20:37:52 2007] : Oona: ooc tying him yes"
[Tue Jul 24 20:38:48 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks for stairs and if she doesn't see any she goes one
[Tue Jul 24 20:39:05 2007] : DM: Crrrk only protests weakly as he's tied up.
[Tue Jul 24 20:39:40 2007] : Dan: ooc use rope check?
[Tue Jul 24 20:39:43 2007] : DM: ooc the stew will be ruined if he's not there to stir it!
[Tue Jul 24 20:39:53 2007] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Jul 24 20:40:31 2007] : Dan: Dan wonders why everone said to tye him up, but no-one did it
[Tue Jul 24 20:40:37 2007] : Dan: ooc tie!
[Tue Jul 24 20:40:56 2007] : Aliatra: ooc All too lazy to do it, I guess
[Tue Jul 24 20:41:15 2007] : Dan: ooc well I'm no good at it
[Tue Jul 24 20:41:33 2007] : Dan: Use Rope Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [20,5] = (25)
[Tue Jul 24 20:41:42 2007] : Dan: Dan ties him up
[Tue Jul 24 20:41:43 2007] : Adrin: ooc really?
[Tue Jul 24 20:41:48 2007] : DM: ooc useless
[Tue Jul 24 20:41:49 2007] : Dan: ooc err, maybe not LOL
[Tue Jul 24 20:42:05 2007] : Dan: ooc I thought it was strength based
[Tue Jul 24 20:42:30 2007] : Dan: "I must remember to come back for that rope"
[Tue Jul 24 20:42:43 2007] : Dan: Dan follows the others into the corridor
[Tue Jul 24 20:43:08 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra opens the next door
[Tue Jul 24 20:43:16 2007] : Aliatra: "Everything alright with Crrrk?"
[Tue Jul 24 20:43:28 2007] : Dan: "I think I tied him pretty well"
[Tue Jul 24 20:43:44 2007] : Oona: Oona foloow, her bow still in hand
[Tue Jul 24 20:43:45 2007] : DM: ooc did noone read the notice board in the barracks?
[Tue Jul 24 20:44:06 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Not me
[Tue Jul 24 20:44:13 2007] : Dan: ooc Dan never went in the barracks, we hadn't finished with crrk
[Tue Jul 24 20:44:32 2007] : Dan: "What was in the other room then?"
[Tue Jul 24 20:44:47 2007] : Adrin: "Some stuff"
[Tue Jul 24 20:45:26 2007] : Dan: ooc "any potential plot items" ;)
[Tue Jul 24 20:46:08 2007] : Adrin: "I think there was a chalkboard. You might be able to read it"
[Tue Jul 24 20:46:22 2007] : Dan: "OK"
[Tue Jul 24 20:46:35 2007] : Dan: Dan wanders back and inspects the room
[Tue Jul 24 20:46:37 2007] : Aliatra: "The writing on it was horrible, it gave me a headache to even try and read it"
[Tue Jul 24 20:48:11 2007] : DM: The writing on the chalk board in in draconic but with highly butchered spelling.
[Tue Jul 24 20:48:21 2007] : Oona: Oona goes ahead and inspects the different doors, for locks and other things. Such as traps
[Tue Jul 24 20:48:32 2007] : Oona: Search Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [6,13] = (19)
[Tue Jul 24 20:48:36 2007] : Oona: Search Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [7,13] = (20)
[Tue Jul 24 20:48:37 2007] : Oona: Search Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [5,13] = (18)
[Tue Jul 24 20:49:04 2007] : Adrin: Adrin keeps outside each door she enters, just in case
[Tue Jul 24 20:49:07 2007] : DM: There are two items: "Remember: Feed that lizardfolk scum in the dungeons." and "Outlanders in the bay, remain alert at all times."
[Tue Jul 24 20:49:42 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra opens the next door
[Tue Jul 24 20:49:45 2007] : Dan: Dan searches the room quickly before heading back
[Tue Jul 24 20:49:47 2007] : Dan: Search Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [2,7] = (9)
[Tue Jul 24 20:49:54 2007] : DM: The room next to the barracks is empty expect for some small bits of debris, broken chairs and the like.
[Tue Jul 24 20:50:12 2007] : Dan: Dan tells the others what the blackboard said
[Tue Jul 24 20:50:14 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra shrugs and moves on
[Tue Jul 24 20:50:41 2007] : DM: "the room closest the stairs is locked. The remaining door opens to a broad stone staircase heading up.
[Tue Jul 24 20:50:51 2007] : Aliatra: "All the more reason to free the prisoners, they probably will be happy to help defeat their captors"
[Tue Jul 24 20:51:32 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's free some prisoners and make some friends"
[Tue Jul 24 20:51:32 2007] : Adrin: "I dont like a locked door"
[Tue Jul 24 20:51:54 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra closes the door to the stairs
[Tue Jul 24 20:52:09 2007] : Aliatra: "Perhaps Oona can open it for us"
[Tue Jul 24 20:53:16 2007] : Oona: "I cna do that"
[Tue Jul 24 20:53:39 2007] : Oona: Oona goes to the door and start playing with the lock (providing my search did not show any traps earlier"
[Tue Jul 24 20:53:48 2007] : Oona: Oona goes to the door and start playing with the lock (providing my search did not show any traps earlier)
[Tue Jul 24 20:53:59 2007] : Oona: Open Lock Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [2,15] = (17)
[Tue Jul 24 20:54:14 2007] : DM: You can take 20, if you wish.
[Tue Jul 24 20:54:39 2007] : DM: The lock which is stiff from unuse eventually clicks open.
[Tue Jul 24 20:55:56 2007] : Oona: 'Oh, it's not used very much"
[Tue Jul 24 20:56:30 2007] : Oona: Oona opens the door and peeks inside
[Tue Jul 24 20:56:48 2007] : Dan: "Maybe they've only taken over this place and have never opened that lock?"
[Tue Jul 24 20:57:13 2007] : Aliatra: "Maybe"
[Tue Jul 24 20:58:11 2007] : DM: It's a armoury, stacks of rusted armour and weapons of all sorts are pilled in heaps and stacked on shelfs on propped on stands.
[Tue Jul 24 20:58:14 2007] : Adrin: "Anything interesting?"
[Tue Jul 24 20:58:37 2007] : Dan: "Have a good search Oona, there may be something useful in there"
[Tue Jul 24 20:59:00 2007] : Oona: Search Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [5,13] = (18)
[Tue Jul 24 20:59:21 2007] : Oona: Oona gets to the task athand, looking particularly for shiny objects
[Tue Jul 24 20:59:44 2007] : DM: ooc ooo. random item time...
[Tue Jul 24 21:00:01 2007] : Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Tue Jul 24 21:01:10 2007] : DM: [1d100] => [70] = (70)
[Tue Jul 24 21:01:19 2007] : DM: [1d100] => [70] = (70)
[Tue Jul 24 21:01:28 2007] : DM: [1d100] => [84] = (84)
[Tue Jul 24 21:02:18 2007] : DM: Something shiny amongst all the old and rusting items catches Oonas eye, digging it out it turns out to be a spear head on a short shaft.
[Tue Jul 24 21:02:47 2007] : DM: The ancient wood of the shaft looks like it would snap at the first use but the head is still sharp.
[Tue Jul 24 21:02:56 2007] : DM: ooc it's shortspear.
[Tue Jul 24 21:03:29 2007] : Dan: ooc or whatever spear you choose to attach the head to ;)
[Tue Jul 24 21:03:34 2007] : Oona: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [19,6] = (25)
[Tue Jul 24 21:03:52 2007] : Oona: Oona brushes the thing and looks at it closely
[Tue Jul 24 21:03:59 2007] : Oona: "Hmm, taht could be actaully valuable"
[Tue Jul 24 21:04:06 2007] : Adrin: "Can we hurry it up a bit. They must know we're here by now"
[Tue Jul 24 21:04:07 2007] : DM: You estimate the value to be some 2000 gold pieces.
[Tue Jul 24 21:04:38 2007] : Oona: OOn a tries to break the wood off the spearhead
[Tue Jul 24 21:05:02 2007] : DM: *Snap*
[Tue Jul 24 21:05:26 2007] : Oona: Oona puts the spearhead in her bagpack
[Tue Jul 24 21:05:35 2007] : Oona: "Ok, I think that's all we will find here"
[Tue Jul 24 21:05:37 2007] : Oona: "Let us go"
[Tue Jul 24 21:05:41 2007] : Dan: "Are we going downstairs to check what might be the dungeon first?"
[Tue Jul 24 21:05:46 2007] : DM: ooc brb
[Tue Jul 24 21:06:36 2007] : DM: ooc bacl
[Tue Jul 24 21:07:14 2007] : Aliatra: "Yes, let's get us some allies before the big fight"
[Tue Jul 24 21:08:07 2007] : Adrin: "Can't see prisoners being much use, unless they soak up arrows"
[Tue Jul 24 21:08:55 2007] : Dan: "I agree, and we need the leader alive. May be best to get him on the way out"
[Tue Jul 24 21:10:06 2007] : Aliatra: "There must be weapons they can use somewhere"
[Tue Jul 24 21:10:29 2007] : Aliatra: "And if not, we can at least set them free. Can't do that if we get killed in a fight first"
[Tue Jul 24 21:10:39 2007] : Adrin: "Yeah, they're crumbling in that armoury"
[Tue Jul 24 21:11:02 2007] : Adrin: "I'm not planning on getting killed anytime soon"
[Tue Jul 24 21:11:05 2007] : Dan: "Straw poll..."
[Tue Jul 24 21:11:17 2007] : Dan: "Go check the dungeon, or head on?"
[Tue Jul 24 21:11:25 2007] : Adrin: "Head on"
[Tue Jul 24 21:12:18 2007] : Oona: "Head on"
[Tue Jul 24 21:12:29 2007] : DM: ooc I vote for the dungeon... please?
[Tue Jul 24 21:12:39 2007] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Jul 24 21:12:56 2007] : Dan: ooc oi, shush!
[Tue Jul 24 21:13:12 2007] : Dan: ooc :P
[Tue Jul 24 21:13:19 2007] : Aliatra: "Dungeon"
[Tue Jul 24 21:13:26 2007] : Oona: ooc lol
[Tue Jul 24 21:14:24 2007] : Adrin: ooc dungeon is fine with me. Adrin just wants to kill things
[Tue Jul 24 21:14:36 2007] : Dan: "I am undecided"
[Tue Jul 24 21:14:54 2007] : Dan: "So it's two votes to go on, one for dungeon"
[Tue Jul 24 21:15:00 2007] : Oona: "Although, Alia had a point"
[Tue Jul 24 21:15:05 2007] : Oona: "We can still set them free"
[Tue Jul 24 21:15:06 2007] : DM: ooc Crrrk hinted there were monsters in the dungeon.
[Tue Jul 24 21:15:46 2007] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jul 24 21:15:49 2007] : Dan: "OK, let's go down. Crrrk hinted that there were sounds that he didn't like down there"
[Tue Jul 24 21:15:52 2007] : Adrin: "Although if there are monsters down there, I could be tempted"
[Tue Jul 24 21:16:06 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's find out"
[Tue Jul 24 21:17:00 2007] : DM: ooc I know I shouldn't push you in a certain direction but you had agreed to go down at the end of the last session... so that was the only map I got around to doing.
[Tue Jul 24 21:17:23 2007] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jul 24 21:17:27 2007] : Oona: ooc is there a lock on the door upstairs?
[Tue Jul 24 21:17:30 2007] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Jul 24 21:17:42 2007] : DM: ooc no, Aliatra opened it.
[Tue Jul 24 21:17:50 2007] : Oona: ooc no lock at all?
[Tue Jul 24 21:17:54 2007] : Aliatra: ooc And closed it again
[Tue Jul 24 21:18:32 2007] : Adrin (enter): 21:18
[Tue Jul 24 21:18:38 2007] : Adrin: Booting '(7) Adrin' from server...
[Tue Jul 24 21:18:39 2007] : Adrin (exit): 21:18
[Tue Jul 24 21:19:04 2007] : Adrin: ooc sorry. the wireless connection is a little marginal
[Tue Jul 24 21:19:35 2007] : DM: ooc we have to use wires for our wireless stuff at work...
[Tue Jul 24 21:20:09 2007] : Dan: ooc :)
[Tue Jul 24 21:20:17 2007] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Jul 24 21:20:28 2007] : Dan: ooc get your CSR chipsets here!
[Tue Jul 24 21:21:46 2007] : DM: ooc What was the decision? down or up?
[Tue Jul 24 21:21:55 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Down
[Tue Jul 24 21:21:58 2007] : Adrin: ooc down
[Tue Jul 24 21:23:17 2007] : Oona: ooc down
[Tue Jul 24 21:23:40 2007] : DM: The stairs down from the storeroom are wonky and worn and the further down you go the damper it gets and the steps are soon sliperly with slime and moss and algae.
[Tue Jul 24 21:23:56 2007] : Oona: "Berk"
[Tue Jul 24 21:24:05 2007] : DM: At the bottom of the stairs a corridor bends to the left.
[Tue Jul 24 21:24:40 2007] : Dan: "Who is a berk?"
[Tue Jul 24 21:24:45 2007] : Aliatra: "Oona, do you mind having a look around?"
[Tue Jul 24 21:25:06 2007] : Oona: "Nope, I'll go"
[Tue Jul 24 21:25:09 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [14,14] = (28)
[Tue Jul 24 21:25:10 2007] : DM: And after some 15 it it opens out into a wide passageway of natural stone with a rounded, uneven floor.
[Tue Jul 24 21:25:14 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [12,13] = (25)
[Tue Jul 24 21:25:37 2007] : DM: It's pitch black down here. How can everyone see?
[Tue Jul 24 21:26:06 2007] : Oona: ooc half-elf, so low light vision
[Tue Jul 24 21:26:40 2007] : Adrin: ooc I can't see anything then
[Tue Jul 24 21:26:41 2007] : DM: From the left portion of the passageway is the faint flickering glow of torch light.
[Tue Jul 24 21:26:59 2007] : Dan: ooc Dan has a glowing longsword in his hand
[Tue Jul 24 21:27:11 2007] : DM: Water drips down from the ceiling, forming pools of slimy water in the hollows of the rock.
[Tue Jul 24 21:27:31 2007] : DM: There's a smell of salt water and seaweed in the air.
[Tue Jul 24 21:27:35 2007] : Dan: ooc half-elves can't see in pitch black, but the glow of my sword may help Ooona out
[Tue Jul 24 21:27:37 2007] : Aliatra: "It sure is dark here. Where are we going?"
[Tue Jul 24 21:27:58 2007] : Oona: ooc wher eis everybody anyway?
[Tue Jul 24 21:28:26 2007] : Adrin: ooc waiting where its still light enough to see
[Tue Jul 24 21:28:29 2007] : Oona: ooc I can't see the other minis
[Tue Jul 24 21:28:44 2007] : DM: The passageway to the right slopes down and you see in the glow from Dan's sword, water covering the passageway floor.
[Tue Jul 24 21:30:00 2007] : Oona: Oona looks left and right and tries to see anything
[Tue Jul 24 21:30:02 2007] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [7,11] = (18)
[Tue Jul 24 21:30:44 2007] : DM: Just the passageway walls, green with algae.
[Tue Jul 24 21:32:55 2007] : DM: ooc anyone out there?
[Tue Jul 24 21:33:17 2007] : Adrin: ooc just waiting in the very faint sword-light
[Tue Jul 24 21:33:59 2007] : Oona: oona steps on the side to let her companions come into the corridor
[Tue Jul 24 21:34:09 2007] : Dan: ooc Oona is supposed to be scouting, I thought you were whispering
[Tue Jul 24 21:34:16 2007] : Aliatra: "Does anybody have a lamp or a torch or something?"
[Tue Jul 24 21:34:25 2007] : Oona: ooc I can't scout if I can't see
[Tue Jul 24 21:34:41 2007] : Oona: ooc and there's no point in me hiding if I have a light
[Tue Jul 24 21:35:02 2007] : Aliatra: ooc You can still look for traps, though
[Tue Jul 24 21:35:13 2007] : Oona: ooc ok
[Tue Jul 24 21:35:19 2007] : DM: ooc it's not really pitch black, there's enough light for those with low-light to see.
[Tue Jul 24 21:35:44 2007] : Oona: Oona walks cautiously, looking around her and at her feet to find traps or obstacles
[Tue Jul 24 21:35:51 2007] : Adrin: ooc I gotta get some goggles or something
[Tue Jul 24 21:35:54 2007] : Oona: Search Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [4,13] = (17)
[Tue Jul 24 21:36:04 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [7,13] = (20)
[Tue Jul 24 21:36:43 2007] : DM: Oona move forware into a large cavern with a pool of water in the centre. The cavern is poorly light by a few sputtering torches.
[Tue Jul 24 21:36:59 2007] : Aliatra: "I can't see a thing apart from that sword of yours, Dan"
[Tue Jul 24 21:37:34 2007] : Oona: Oona beckons to the others to follow
[Tue Jul 24 21:37:44 2007] : Adrin: "Yeah, I'm pretty blind down here"
[Tue Jul 24 21:37:56 2007] : Dan: Dan follows Oona
[Tue Jul 24 21:38:09 2007] : DM: There are a number of wooden door of various sizes and shapes in five opening in the cavern. Rusted chain from the tops of the doors run along pulleys to sort of mechanism in the left hand corner.
[Tue Jul 24 21:38:14 2007] : Aliatra: "And nobody thought to bring a lamp? How thick are we, anyway?"
[Tue Jul 24 21:38:15 2007] : DM: Listen checks.
[Tue Jul 24 21:38:18 2007] : Dan: "You didn't think to bring a light source? How do you plan to see at night?"
[Tue Jul 24 21:38:21 2007] : Aliatra: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [13,2] = (15)
[Tue Jul 24 21:38:38 2007] : Oona: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [11,9] = (20)
[Tue Jul 24 21:38:47 2007] : Dan: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [17,5] = (22)
[Tue Jul 24 21:38:58 2007] : Adrin: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+10] => [10,10] = (20)
[Tue Jul 24 21:39:15 2007] : Adrin: "I usually sleep at night"
[Tue Jul 24 21:39:53 2007] : Adrin: "Some of us do more than close our eyes for a few hours"
[Tue Jul 24 21:40:07 2007] : Dan: "I don't even close them"
[Tue Jul 24 21:40:29 2007] : Dan: "But enough, there's snoring, from behind one of the doors"
[Tue Jul 24 21:40:47 2007] : Dan: "A rasping snore behind the largest door in the corner"
[Tue Jul 24 21:41:15 2007] : DM: Spot checks.
[Tue Jul 24 21:41:21 2007] : Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [13,5] = (18)
[Tue Jul 24 21:41:24 2007] : Aliatra: "Shall we knock before opening it? Be polite?"
[Tue Jul 24 21:41:29 2007] : Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [3,2] = (5)
[Tue Jul 24 21:41:52 2007] : Adrin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [17,6] = (23)
[Tue Jul 24 21:42:13 2007] : DM: Roll initiative.
[Tue Jul 24 21:42:22 2007] : Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+3] => [2,3] = (5)
[Tue Jul 24 21:42:22 2007] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [17,5] = (22)
[Tue Jul 24 21:42:37 2007] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [5,7] = (12)
[Tue Jul 24 21:42:45 2007] : DM: [1d20+0] => [8,0] = (8)
[Tue Jul 24 21:42:52 2007] : Oona: Initiative: [1d20+9] => [20,9] = (29)
[Tue Jul 24 21:43:01 2007] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [5,11] = (16)
[Tue Jul 24 21:43:53 2007] : Oona: Oona keeps her bow at eye level
[Tue Jul 24 21:44:26 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra holds on to her sword
[Tue Jul 24 21:45:08 2007] : DM: The pool of water seeths and a rope-like frond of seaweed lashes aout at Oona.
[Tue Jul 24 21:45:36 2007] : DM: Slam (base): [1d20+7] => [11,7] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d6+7] => [6,7] = (13)
[Tue Jul 24 21:45:50 2007] : Oona: Oona ducks
[Tue Jul 24 21:46:19 2007] : DM: Everyone except Adrin is surprised by the sudden attack!
[Tue Jul 24 21:46:21 2007] : Aliatra: ooc That is some reach
[Tue Jul 24 21:46:23 2007] : DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Tue Jul 24 21:46:32 2007] : Oona: "What is that?!"
[Tue Jul 24 21:46:51 2007] : Adrin: ooc is oona close to the water?
[Tue Jul 24 21:46:54 2007] : DM: ooc Knowledge: nature.
[Tue Jul 24 21:47:02 2007] : Dan: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [2,6] = (8)
[Tue Jul 24 21:47:08 2007] : Adrin: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [12,3] = (15)
[Tue Jul 24 21:47:10 2007] : Oona: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [7,6] = (13)
[Tue Jul 24 21:47:24 2007] : DM: The lashing frond reaches more than 30 ft.
[Tue Jul 24 21:48:28 2007] : Aliatra: "Get back"
[Tue Jul 24 21:48:50 2007] : DM: Adrin identifies it as some sort of species of carnivourous, semi-aquatic weed. This type like to constrict it's prey and drag them down into the water to drown and decompose.
[Tue Jul 24 21:48:54 2007] : Adrin (enter): 21:48
[Tue Jul 24 21:49:00 2007] : DM: Adrin identifies it as some sort of species of carnivourous, semi-aquatic weed. This type like to constrict it's prey and drag them down into the water to drown and decompose.
[Tue Jul 24 21:49:07 2007] : DM: Adrin it's your turn.
[Tue Jul 24 21:50:30 2007] : Adrin (enter): 21:50
[Tue Jul 24 21:50:37 2007] : Adrin: ooc gah!
[Tue Jul 24 21:50:42 2007] : DM: Adrin identifies it as some sort of species of carnivourous, semi-aquatic weed. This type like to constrict it's prey and drag them down into the water to drown and decompose.
[Tue Jul 24 21:50:54 2007] : Adrin: Booting '(9) Adrin' from server...
[Tue Jul 24 21:50:55 2007] : Adrin (exit): 21:50
[Tue Jul 24 21:51:19 2007] : Aliatra: "What is it and how do we kill it?"
[Tue Jul 24 21:51:25 2007] : Adrin: ooc hmmm, if I knew that I might not charge in and attack!
[Tue Jul 24 21:51:35 2007] : Adrin: Booting '(8) Adrin' from server...
[Tue Jul 24 21:51:36 2007] : Adrin (exit): 21:51
[Tue Jul 24 21:51:53 2007] : DM: ooc your roll wasn't good enough to know properties.
[Tue Jul 24 21:52:35 2007] : Adrin: "Keep back! It'll try and grab and drag you under"
[Tue Jul 24 21:52:38 2007] : Dan: "Well, I have very little in the way of spells left, I used most of them against the Yuan-ti"
[Tue Jul 24 21:53:15 2007] : Dan: "I'm either going to have to be an intersting lamp, or plunge you all into darkness and use my bow..."
[Tue Jul 24 21:53:34 2007] : DM: ooc the room is lit with torches.
[Tue Jul 24 21:53:56 2007] : Dan: ooc so it is
[Tue Jul 24 21:54:10 2007] : Adrin: Adrin sheathes his sword and draws his bow. Done
[Tue Jul 24 21:54:44 2007] : DM: Oona, your turn.
[Tue Jul 24 21:55:42 2007] : Oona: Oona takes a few steps back
[Tue Jul 24 21:56:25 2007] : Oona: ooc can I still shoot above their heads or in the holes?
[Tue Jul 24 21:57:00 2007] : DM: ooc yes, but the creature gets cover (+4 AC).
[Tue Jul 24 21:58:49 2007] : DM: ooc ?
[Tue Jul 24 21:59:00 2007] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) (base): [1d20+11] => [11,11] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [2,4] = (6)
[Tue Jul 24 21:59:12 2007] : Oona: ooc was not finding my bow!
[Tue Jul 24 21:59:21 2007] : DM: Hit.
[Tue Jul 24 21:59:24 2007] : Oona: OOna shoots at the thing
[Tue Jul 24 21:59:31 2007] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jul 24 21:59:39 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Jul 24 22:00:48 2007] : Dan: Dan steps back 5'
[Tue Jul 24 22:01:01 2007] : Oona: ooc brb
[Tue Jul 24 22:01:08 2007] : Dan: ooc no he doesn't he's blocked
[Tue Jul 24 22:01:25 2007] : Dan: dan drops his sword, grabs his bow and shoots it
[Tue Jul 24 22:01:31 2007] : Dan: Composite longbow +1 (base): [1d20+9] => [10,9] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] => [7,1] = (8)
[Tue Jul 24 22:01:50 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jul 24 22:01:57 2007] : DM: Hit
[Tue Jul 24 22:02:10 2007] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jul 24 22:02:16 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra switches her sword for her bow
[Tue Jul 24 22:02:26 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra steps back
[Tue Jul 24 22:02:33 2007] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jul 24 22:03:27 2007] : DM: The carnivourous seaweed sinks below the waters surface.
[Tue Jul 24 22:03:37 2007] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jul 24 22:04:12 2007] : Adrin: Adrin nocks an arrow and moves forward cautiously
[Tue Jul 24 22:04:39 2007] : DM: How far?
[Tue Jul 24 22:05:01 2007] : Adrin: 10' Just where I moved my mini to
[Tue Jul 24 22:05:12 2007] : DM: k.
[Tue Jul 24 22:05:20 2007] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Jul 24 22:05:47 2007] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) (base): [1d20+11] => [13,11] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [5,4] = (9)
[Tue Jul 24 22:05:56 2007] : Oona: ooc shooting again.
[Tue Jul 24 22:05:57 2007] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jul 24 22:05:58 2007] : DM: [1d100] => [73] = (73)
[Tue Jul 24 22:06:34 2007] : DM: Your arrow splashes into the water where you think the weed is. You don't know if you hit or not.
[Tue Jul 24 22:06:48 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Jul 24 22:07:05 2007] : Dan: Dan shoots into the water too
[Tue Jul 24 22:07:07 2007] : Dan: Composite longbow +1 (base): [1d20+9] => [16,9] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] => [5,1] = (6)
[Tue Jul 24 22:07:12 2007] : DM: [1d100] => [52] = (52)
[Tue Jul 24 22:07:15 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jul 24 22:07:26 2007] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jul 24 22:07:30 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra tries it as well
[Tue Jul 24 22:07:36 2007] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, MW (base): [1d20+12] => [18,12] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [3,3] = (6)
[Tue Jul 24 22:07:41 2007] : DM: [1d100] => [76] = (76)
[Tue Jul 24 22:07:41 2007] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jul 24 22:08:06 2007] : DM: Again, you don't know if you hit it or not, as it lies concealed in the murky water.
[Tue Jul 24 22:08:32 2007] : DM: The frond surges out of the water and attack Adrin
[Tue Jul 24 22:08:34 2007] : DM: Slam (base): [1d20+7] => [11,7] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d6+7] => [4,7] = (11)
[Tue Jul 24 22:08:45 2007] : Adrin: "Urgh!"
[Tue Jul 24 22:08:58 2007] : DM: Grapple (base): [1d20+13] => [3,13] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Jul 24 22:09:20 2007] : DM: The frond wraps around Adrin's leg and starts pulling towards the water.
[Tue Jul 24 22:09:23 2007] : DM: Grapple check?
[Tue Jul 24 22:09:44 2007] : Adrin: DEX or STR?
[Tue Jul 24 22:10:07 2007] : Dan: ooc same as touch attack
[Tue Jul 24 22:10:13 2007] : DM: ooc STR + BAB?
[Tue Jul 24 22:10:24 2007] : Dan: ooc 1d20+str+bab
[Tue Jul 24 22:10:48 2007] : Adrin: Grapple (base): [1d20+9] => [3,9] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d1+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Jul 24 22:10:48 2007] : Adrin: Grapple (second): [1d20+4] => [3,4] = (7) ===> Damage: [1d1+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Jul 24 22:11:02 2007] : Adrin: ooc realised I had an attack for it
[Tue Jul 24 22:11:20 2007] : DM: You fail to break free.
[Tue Jul 24 22:11:30 2007] : DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Tue Jul 24 22:11:46 2007] : Adrin: "Aaargh"
[Tue Jul 24 22:12:04 2007] : Adrin: Adrin tries to break free
[Tue Jul 24 22:12:21 2007] : Adrin: ooc same again?
[Tue Jul 24 22:12:21 2007] : DM: grapple check again, (or escape artist)
[Tue Jul 24 22:12:24 2007] : DM: Grapple (base): [1d20+6] => [2,6] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Jul 24 22:12:33 2007] : Adrin: Grapple (base): [1d20+9] => [15,9] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d1+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Jul 24 22:12:33 2007] : Adrin: Grapple (second): [1d20+4] => [4,4] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d1+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Jul 24 22:12:50 2007] : DM: You pull your leg free from the twining weed.
[Tue Jul 24 22:13:04 2007] : Dan: "Are you OK Adrin?"
[Tue Jul 24 22:13:06 2007] : DM: ooc you still have a move left, btw.
[Tue Jul 24 22:13:08 2007] : Adrin: "Get off me you damn seaweed!"
[Tue Jul 24 22:13:39 2007] : Adrin: Adrin scrambles back (hopefully) out of reach
[Tue Jul 24 22:14:07 2007] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Jul 24 22:14:35 2007] : Oona: ooc if the weed is busy, I can get closer to get a good shot?
[Tue Jul 24 22:14:50 2007] : Oona: ooc ah wait, he got off
[Tue Jul 24 22:14:50 2007] : DM: ooc it's not busy anymore.
[Tue Jul 24 22:14:57 2007] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) (base): [1d20+11] => [9,11] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [4,4] = (8)
[Tue Jul 24 22:15:02 2007] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jul 24 22:15:29 2007] : DM: A hit. sap oozes from the wound.
[Tue Jul 24 22:15:34 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Jul 24 22:16:31 2007] : Dan: Dan moves back 10 feet, pulls a scroll from his backpack reads it and begins to cast a spell
[Tue Jul 24 22:16:43 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jul 24 22:16:50 2007] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jul 24 22:17:29 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra nocks an arrow, takes aim and lets fly
[Tue Jul 24 22:17:31 2007] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, MW (base): [1d20+12] => [6,12] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [5,3] = (8)
[Tue Jul 24 22:18:05 2007] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jul 24 22:18:12 2007] : DM: Aliatra scores a good hit and the weed twitches feebles, it's clearly nearly dead.
[Tue Jul 24 22:18:32 2007] : DM: It slithers back under water.
[Tue Jul 24 22:18:42 2007] : DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Tue Jul 24 22:19:16 2007] : Adrin: Adrin steps forward and shoots into the water
[Tue Jul 24 22:19:18 2007] : Adrin: Shortbow, composite (base): [1d20+9] => [5,9] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Jul 24 22:19:18 2007] : Adrin: Shortbow, composite (second): [1d20+4] => [9,4] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [3,0] = (3)
[Tue Jul 24 22:19:40 2007] : DM: Your arrows splash into the water harmlessly.
[Tue Jul 24 22:19:44 2007] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Jul 24 22:21:08 2007] : Oona: "I'd almost say one of us should try and get attacked by it"
[Tue Jul 24 22:21:15 2007] : Oona: "so that the others can really shoot..."
[Tue Jul 24 22:21:29 2007] : Dan: ooc Dan is reading from a scroll - a full round spell - think!
[Tue Jul 24 22:21:33 2007] : Oona: Oona aims at where the water is darker
[Tue Jul 24 22:21:37 2007] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) (base): [1d20+11] => [14,11] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [2,4] = (6)
[Tue Jul 24 22:21:42 2007] : DM: [1d100] => [60] = (60)
[Tue Jul 24 22:21:44 2007] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jul 24 22:21:57 2007] : DM: ooc I notice you didn't volunteer to step forwards!
[Tue Jul 24 22:22:03 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Jul 24 22:22:05 2007] : Oona: ooc nope :D
[Tue Jul 24 22:22:08 2007] : Dan: Dan finishes casting Augmented Summon Monster II - Fiendish Shark (Medium magical beast, aquatic): 23hp; 5 resist on cold and fire; AC= 15; SR = 8; Darkvision; Speed 60ft (swim)

[Tue Jul 24 22:22:12 2007] : Dan: Augmented Fiendish Shark: Shark attacks: Bite [1d20+7] => [9,7] = (16) ==> Damage: [1d6+3] => [4,3] = (7)
[Tue Jul 24 22:22:15 2007] : Oona: ooc lol, I said "I'd ALMOST say"
[Tue Jul 24 22:22:18 2007] : Oona: ooc ;-)
[Tue Jul 24 22:22:29 2007] : Oona: ooc /me was more expecting a bison ;)
[Tue Jul 24 22:22:39 2007] : DM: Bits of shredded weed float to the surface.
[Tue Jul 24 22:22:43 2007] : Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Tue Jul 24 22:22:54 2007] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Jul 24 22:23:01 2007] : DM: ooc the shark was excessive it was down to 0 HP.
[Tue Jul 24 22:23:13 2007] : Dan: "Well, that looks dead"
[Tue Jul 24 22:23:29 2007] : Dan: Dan steps forwards 20 feet and readies an action to shoot
[Tue Jul 24 22:23:36 2007] : Aliatra: "It had better be, it was nasty"
[Tue Jul 24 22:23:36 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jul 24 22:23:53 2007] : Dan: ooc I began casting the spell LAST ROUND!!
[Tue Jul 24 22:23:54 2007] : DM: 130 XP each.
[Tue Jul 24 22:24:29 2007] : Dan: ooc I had no idea what it's current state was and what anyone else might do to it in the intervening period
[Tue Jul 24 22:25:14 2007] : DM: GAME END