Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Jul 17 19:31:54 2007] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Jul 17 19:32:23 2007] : DM: You land on a small shingle beach on the south-eastern side of The Sentinel island.
[Tue Jul 17 19:32:58 2007] : Dan: ooc this looks familiar
[Tue Jul 17 19:33:01 2007] : Adrin: "Ah, nice to have solid land under my feet"
[Tue Jul 17 19:33:10 2007] : DM: The island is covered in rough jagged boulders of dark stone, small clumps of grass and flowering plants huddling in the crevices.
[Tue Jul 17 19:33:25 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's find out what that strange light is"
[Tue Jul 17 19:33:32 2007] : Dan: Dan looks round looking a little surprised
[Tue Jul 17 19:33:40 2007] : Oona: "I could go and scout ahead to see what this light is all about"
[Tue Jul 17 19:33:45 2007] : Dan: "Yes, let's go"
[Tue Jul 17 19:33:46 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra takes her bow in her hand
[Tue Jul 17 19:33:51 2007] : Dan: "Good idea Oona"
[Tue Jul 17 19:33:57 2007] : Aliatra: "Just be careful, Oona"
[Tue Jul 17 19:34:03 2007] : DM: The two ships are anchored a short distance way in the deep water channel between the rock islets surrounding the islands.
[Tue Jul 17 19:34:03 2007] : Dan: Aryadan Casts - Metamagic Extend: Mage Armour (level 2): Gives subject +4 armor bonus for 2 hours/level
[Tue Jul 17 19:34:05 2007] : Adrin: ooc strange light?
[Tue Jul 17 19:34:08 2007] : Oona: 'Give me a 50 feet headstart and follow me. If I see anything I'll signal you to stop"
[Tue Jul 17 19:34:35 2007] : Oona: Oona advances and tries to stay concealed by boulders and whatever is there to conceal her
[Tue Jul 17 19:34:39 2007] : DM: The sentinel is some 500 m in width and around 800 m in length (north to south).
[Tue Jul 17 19:34:42 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+10] => [19,10] = (29)
[Tue Jul 17 19:34:45 2007] : Dan: Dan does as Oona suggests
[Tue Jul 17 19:34:48 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [5,9] = (14)
[Tue Jul 17 19:35:09 2007] : Adrin: Adrin does likewise
[Tue Jul 17 19:35:09 2007] : DM: At the top of the island you see a collection of black stone pillers in what appears to be a rough circle.
[Tue Jul 17 19:35:12 2007] : Dan: "A hundred feet is probably better"
[Tue Jul 17 19:35:44 2007] : Oona: ooc do i reroll for every 3 feet or something?
[Tue Jul 17 19:35:49 2007] : Oona: *30 ft
[Tue Jul 17 19:35:52 2007] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Jul 17 19:36:00 2007] : Aliatra: "Yes, we don't want to cramp her style, now do we?"
[Tue Jul 17 19:36:01 2007] : DM: In the centre there's a slowly flickering and shimmering oval of light about the size of a human. The light changes from blues and greens and oranges and reds and dark and light.
[Tue Jul 17 19:36:30 2007] : Dan: Dan follows when Oona has got ahead, trying to hide and be quiet also
[Tue Jul 17 19:36:38 2007] : Dan: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [1,5] = (6)
[Tue Jul 17 19:36:44 2007] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [7,9] = (16)
[Tue Jul 17 19:36:45 2007] : Dan: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [9,5] = (14)
[Tue Jul 17 19:36:46 2007] : DM: ooc reroll your hide and move silently checks every 30' yes.
[Tue Jul 17 19:36:50 2007] : Adrin: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [16,3] = (19)
[Tue Jul 17 19:36:51 2007] : Adrin: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [13,3] = (16)
[Tue Jul 17 19:36:54 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+10] => [17,10] = (27)
[Tue Jul 17 19:36:56 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [1,9] = (10)
[Tue Jul 17 19:36:57 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+10] => [5,10] = (15)
[Tue Jul 17 19:36:58 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [18,9] = (27)
[Tue Jul 17 19:37:00 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra takes up the rear, knowing she can't move very silently anyway
[Tue Jul 17 19:37:38 2007] : Oona: As she gets closer, Oona manages to take advantage of the lay of the land
[Tue Jul 17 19:37:48 2007] : DM: And roll spot checks, Oona.
[Tue Jul 17 19:38:13 2007] : Oona: Oona peeps above the boulder that she's using as a cover to try and discern better wht's up there
[Tue Jul 17 19:38:17 2007] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [3,9] = (12)
[Tue Jul 17 19:38:19 2007] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [19,9] = (28)
[Tue Jul 17 19:38:36 2007] : DM: Oona starts creeping up on the temple ruins from 150 ft away
[Tue Jul 17 19:38:59 2007] : DM: ooc can you make your rolls for the first 30ft now, please?
[Tue Jul 17 19:39:28 2007] : Dan: ooc the rest of us?
[Tue Jul 17 19:39:28 2007] : Oona: ooc which?
[Tue Jul 17 19:39:53 2007] : DM: [1d20+18] => [1,18] = (19), [1D20+19] => 1D20+19, [1D20+19] => 1D20+19
[Tue Jul 17 19:40:00 2007] : DM: OOC the whole set
[Tue Jul 17 19:40:09 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [4,9] = (13)
[Tue Jul 17 19:40:11 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+10] => [3,10] = (13)
[Tue Jul 17 19:40:11 2007] : DM: [1d20+18] => [17,18] = (35), [1d20+19] => [20,19] = (39), [1d20+19] => [12,19] = (31)
[Tue Jul 17 19:40:13 2007] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [20,9] = (29)
[Tue Jul 17 19:41:19 2007] : DM: next 30 ft.
[Tue Jul 17 19:41:39 2007] : DM: [1d20+19] => [19,19] = (38), [1d20+19] => [9,19] = (28)
[Tue Jul 17 19:41:39 2007] : Adrin: ooc can we see Oona?
[Tue Jul 17 19:41:47 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [10,9] = (19)
[Tue Jul 17 19:41:49 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+10] => [19,10] = (29)
[Tue Jul 17 19:41:51 2007] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [12,9] = (21)
[Tue Jul 17 19:42:11 2007] : DM: next 30 ft.
[Tue Jul 17 19:42:13 2007] : DM: [1d20+19] => [20,19] = (39), [1d20+19] => [9,19] = (28)
[Tue Jul 17 19:43:10 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [18,9] = (27)
[Tue Jul 17 19:43:12 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+10] => [2,10] = (12)
[Tue Jul 17 19:43:13 2007] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [12,9] = (21)
[Tue Jul 17 19:43:31 2007] : DM: next 30 ft.
[Tue Jul 17 19:43:43 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [16,9] = (25)
[Tue Jul 17 19:43:47 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+10] => [3,10] = (13)
[Tue Jul 17 19:43:48 2007] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [5,9] = (14)
[Tue Jul 17 19:43:51 2007] : DM: You're moving until you're 60 ft away.
[Tue Jul 17 19:45:04 2007] : Oona: ooc another 10 ft?
[Tue Jul 17 19:45:19 2007] : DM: When you get within 30 ft something large, scaly the colour of the surrounding rocks moves from behind one of the pillars and takes aim with a large bow.
[Tue Jul 17 19:45:31 2007] : DM: ooc get within 60 ft.
[Tue Jul 17 19:45:51 2007] : Oona: ooc, ok, done.
[Tue Jul 17 19:46:26 2007] : Oona: Oona stops and retreats to get to her companiions, while trying to catch their attention so that they stop.
[Tue Jul 17 19:46:37 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [10,9] = (19)
[Tue Jul 17 19:46:40 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+10] => [19,10] = (29)
[Tue Jul 17 19:46:49 2007] : DM: The creature looks like a big serpent, it's skin changing colour from the concealing dark grey to a more natural dark green and paler underbelly. It's drawing a bow with two burly humanoid arms.
[Tue Jul 17 19:47:10 2007] : DM: Longbow (#1) (base): [1d20+10] => [10,10] = (20) ===> Damage: [2d6+4] => [5,6,4] = (15)
[Tue Jul 17 19:47:20 2007] : Oona: oona retreats 60 feet.
[Tue Jul 17 19:47:30 2007] : DM: The arrow skitters off a boulder next to you.
[Tue Jul 17 19:47:35 2007] : DM: Roll initiative everyone.
[Tue Jul 17 19:47:44 2007] : DM: ooc you don't retreat yet.
[Tue Jul 17 19:47:52 2007] : Oona: ooc ok
[Tue Jul 17 19:47:53 2007] : Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+3] => [1,3] = (4)
[Tue Jul 17 19:47:59 2007] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [17,5] = (22)
[Tue Jul 17 19:48:06 2007] : DM: [1d20+5] => [11,5] = (16)
[Tue Jul 17 19:48:08 2007] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [10,7] = (17)
[Tue Jul 17 19:48:14 2007] : Oona: Initiative: [1d20+9] => [11,9] = (20)
[Tue Jul 17 19:48:27 2007] : Dan: ooc so we're 100ft away from Oona?
[Tue Jul 17 19:49:08 2007] : DM: Dan, your turn. you're some 150 ft from the temple ruins and therefore about 90 ft from Oona.
[Tue Jul 17 19:49:24 2007] : Dan: ooc can I see the monster?
[Tue Jul 17 19:49:31 2007] : DM: You can see the creature firing at Oona and taking over behind a pillar.
[Tue Jul 17 19:50:26 2007] : Dan: Dan moves 30 ft, then begins casting
[Tue Jul 17 19:50:36 2007] : DM: In addition it it's bow it has a large shield losely hanging on i'ts back and a sword of some sort strapped to it's belt.
[Tue Jul 17 19:50:38 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jul 17 19:51:00 2007] : DM: Oona, your turn.
[Tue Jul 17 19:51:32 2007] : Oona: Oona tries to hide behind a boulder and readies her bow.
[Tue Jul 17 19:51:38 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [17,9] = (26)
[Tue Jul 17 19:51:45 2007] : Adrin: ooc I assume at some point last week someone went 'What the hell is that?' ?
[Tue Jul 17 19:51:49 2007] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jul 17 19:52:03 2007] : DM: ooc any knowledge nature rolls?
[Tue Jul 17 19:52:04 2007] : Dan: ooc knowledge nature - I don't have the skill
[Tue Jul 17 19:52:07 2007] : Oona: ooc I'll try to see what the creature is though. knowledge anture?
[Tue Jul 17 19:52:14 2007] : Oona: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [12,6] = (18)
[Tue Jul 17 19:52:17 2007] : Adrin: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [18,3] = (21)
[Tue Jul 17 19:52:43 2007] : Aliatra: "What is that?"
[Tue Jul 17 19:52:52 2007] : Dan: "I am not sure"
[Tue Jul 17 19:53:14 2007] : DM: The creature is a Yuan-ti abonination. Tougher and meaning variants of the more humanoid yuan-ti or snake people.
[Tue Jul 17 19:53:17 2007] : Aliatra: "No city-dweller, I'm pretty much sure"
[Tue Jul 17 19:53:32 2007] : DM: They're fierce fighters with a smattering of spell-like abilities.
[Tue Jul 17 19:54:15 2007] : DM: Oona, they're are plenty of boulder or hide yourself out of sight.
[Tue Jul 17 19:54:19 2007] : DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Tue Jul 17 19:54:59 2007] : Aliatra: Moving forward
[Tue Jul 17 19:55:05 2007] : Adrin: Adrin tells the others what he knows of the vile creature
[Tue Jul 17 19:55:25 2007] : Oona: ooc Dave, sorry, you meant to say that I hide successfully?
[Tue Jul 17 19:55:36 2007] : Oona: ooc didn't quite get the meaning here :/
[Tue Jul 17 19:55:46 2007] : DM: ooc er, just some flavour text.
[Tue Jul 17 19:55:52 2007] : Oona: ooc s/or/to ?
[Tue Jul 17 19:56:14 2007] : Aliatra: "Oona, get back here before you get hit"
[Tue Jul 17 19:56:18 2007] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jul 17 19:56:20 2007] : Oona: ooc yes, but the "or" is strange ;-)
[Tue Jul 17 19:57:11 2007] : Yuan-ti: The yuan-ti takes aim at the closest person: Dan.
[Tue Jul 17 19:57:17 2007] : Yuan-ti: Longbow (#1) (base): [1d20+10] => [16,10] = (26) ===> Damage: [2d6+4] => [5,3,4] = (12)
[Tue Jul 17 19:57:19 2007] : Yuan-ti: Longbow (#2) (base): [1d20+5] => [20,5] = (25) ===> Damage: [2d6+4] => [6,2,4] = (12)
[Tue Jul 17 19:57:19 2007] : Yuan-ti: Critical hit? [1d20+5] => [9,5] = (14) ===> Damage: [6d6+12] => [3,2,2,3,3,2,12] = (27)
[Tue Jul 17 19:58:07 2007] : Yuan-ti: Two arrows pierce the inadaquate protection of your clothing. (24 damage)
[Tue Jul 17 19:58:15 2007] : Dan: ooc hmm, meant to say that I remained concealed, but my bad
[Tue Jul 17 19:58:29 2007] : Dan: Dan collapses
[Tue Jul 17 19:59:01 2007] : Yuan-ti: I'll allow that. Aliatra takes the damage instead.
[Tue Jul 17 19:59:19 2007] : Dan: ooc I don't mind
[Tue Jul 17 19:59:23 2007] : Yuan-ti: Adrin, your turn.
[Tue Jul 17 19:59:56 2007] : Adrin: Adrin runs forward finding the nearest boulder to hide behind
[Tue Jul 17 20:00:03 2007] : Adrin: ooc about there
[Tue Jul 17 20:00:08 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Ouch
[Tue Jul 17 20:00:25 2007] : DM: Dan, your turn.
[Tue Jul 17 20:00:41 2007] : Dan: ooc so I am concealed behind a boulder?
[Tue Jul 17 20:00:53 2007] : Dan: ooc ish
[Tue Jul 17 20:00:55 2007] : DM: ooc yes.
[Tue Jul 17 20:01:09 2007] : Dan: Dan finishes casting Augmented Summon Monster III - Fiendish Ape (Large magical beast): 41hp; 5 resist on cold and fire; Damage reduction 5/Magic; AC= 14 (12 FF, 11 Touch); SR = 9; Darkvision; Scent; Speed 30ft (walk and climb)
[Tue Jul 17 20:02:10 2007] : Dan: Ape charges the Yuan-ti
[Tue Jul 17 20:02:30 2007] : Dan: Augmented Fiendish Ape: Claw attack (treat as magical) [1d20+9] => [10,9] = (19) ==> Damage: [1d6+7] => [3,7] = (10)
[Tue Jul 17 20:02:38 2007] : Dan: ooc +2 for charge
[Tue Jul 17 20:02:52 2007] : DM: Hit
[Tue Jul 17 20:03:05 2007] : Dan: Dan casts another spell
[Tue Jul 17 20:03:15 2007] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 3 Missiles:
1st missile - [1d4+1] => [4,1] = (5) damage
2nd missile - [1d4+1] => [1,1] = (2) damage
3rd missile - [1d4+1] => [3,1] = (4) damage

[Tue Jul 17 20:03:29 2007] : Dan: [1d20+6] => [14,6] = (20)
[Tue Jul 17 20:03:29 2007] : DM: The apes swipes his (or her?) claws against the yuan-ti's scaley skin.
[Tue Jul 17 20:03:57 2007] : Dan: Dan remains hidden
[Tue Jul 17 20:03:59 2007] : DM: The missles burst against the monster, causing some visible charring.
[Tue Jul 17 20:04:02 2007] : Dan: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [10,5] = (15)
[Tue Jul 17 20:04:07 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jul 17 20:04:25 2007] : Dan: ooc concealed, not hidden
[Tue Jul 17 20:04:32 2007] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jul 17 20:04:46 2007] : DM: ooc brb
[Tue Jul 17 20:05:46 2007] : Aliatra: Moving a bit more and shooting
[Tue Jul 17 20:05:55 2007] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, MW (base): [1d20+12] => [5,12] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [7,3] = (10)
[Tue Jul 17 20:06:39 2007] : DM: Miss. A poor shot and the ape is blocking your view.
[Tue Jul 17 20:06:40 2007] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jul 17 20:07:35 2007] : Yuan-ti: The yuan-ti drops his bow, takes a step back and draws his sword and fastens his sword.
[Tue Jul 17 20:07:43 2007] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jul 17 20:08:00 2007] : Adrin: Pretty much what I did last time - move up closer and a bit to the right
[Tue Jul 17 20:08:12 2007] : Adrin: ooc 5ft squares?
[Tue Jul 17 20:08:15 2007] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Jul 17 20:08:35 2007] : Adrin: done
[Tue Jul 17 20:08:46 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Jul 17 20:09:24 2007] : Dan: Ape moves to the side and attacks (5ft step)
[Tue Jul 17 20:09:44 2007] : Dan: Augmented Fiendish Ape: Full attack (treat as magical)
Claw
[1d20+9] => [9,9] = (18) ==> Damage: [1d6+7] => [4,7] = (11)
Claw [1d20+9] => [16,9] = (25) ==> Damage: [1d6+7] => [1,7] = (8)
Bite [1d20+4] => [1,4] = (5) ==> Damage: [1d6+3] => [1,3] = (4)

[Tue Jul 17 20:10:16 2007] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Jul 17 20:10:21 2007] : Dan: Dan moves trying to remain concealed
[Tue Jul 17 20:10:27 2007] : DM: The yuan-ti shelters behind his shield, avoiding all the blows.
[Tue Jul 17 20:10:56 2007] : Dan: Araydan casts Melf's Acid Arrow - Metamagic Extend - lasts 6 rounds (base): [1d20+8] => [13,8] = (21) ===> Damage: [2d4+0] => [1,3,0] = (4)
[Tue Jul 17 20:11:01 2007] : Dan: [1d20+6] => [1,6] = (7)
[Tue Jul 17 20:11:05 2007] : Dan: ooc bah!
[Tue Jul 17 20:11:07 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jul 17 20:11:22 2007] : DM: Your spell is defeated by the spell resistance.
[Tue Jul 17 20:11:36 2007] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Jul 17 20:11:59 2007] : Oona: Oona attempts to shoot at the Yuan ti from behindf her boulder
[Tue Jul 17 20:12:02 2007] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) (base): [1d20+9] => [18,9] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [4,4] = (8)
[Tue Jul 17 20:12:14 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [7,9] = (16)
[Tue Jul 17 20:12:26 2007] : DM: A hit, too far for sneak attack
[Tue Jul 17 20:12:26 2007] : Oona: and hides again behind the boulder.
[Tue Jul 17 20:12:27 2007] : Oona: done
[Tue Jul 17 20:12:58 2007] : Adrin: ooc back
[Tue Jul 17 20:13:02 2007] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jul 17 20:13:18 2007] : Aliatra: Going forward before shooting again
[Tue Jul 17 20:13:26 2007] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, MW (base): [1d20+12] => [11,12] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [5,3] = (8)
[Tue Jul 17 20:13:41 2007] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jul 17 20:13:49 2007] : DM: Your arrow is deflected by the pillar in front of the yuan-ti.
[Tue Jul 17 20:14:15 2007] : Yuan-ti: The snake-man takes a step back and casts a spell at the ape.
[Tue Jul 17 20:14:44 2007] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+16] => [2,16] = (18)
[Tue Jul 17 20:15:03 2007] : Yuan-ti: Fortitude save
[Tue Jul 17 20:15:21 2007] : Dan: Augmented Fiendish Ape: Fortitude Save [1d20+8] => [4,8] = (12)
[Tue Jul 17 20:15:22 2007] : Yuan-ti: You don't recognize the spell, Dan.
[Tue Jul 17 20:15:50 2007] : Aliatra: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [15,2] = (17)
[Tue Jul 17 20:16:29 2007] : Yuan-ti: The ape shimmers and starts shrinking rapidly, changing shape: elongating and thinning until a small snake lies where the ape once stood.
[Tue Jul 17 20:16:47 2007] : Dan: "Damn"
[Tue Jul 17 20:17:07 2007] : Adrin: ooc a small, deadly-to-yuan-ti snake?
[Tue Jul 17 20:17:25 2007] : Yuan-ti: ooc no, a grass snake. Completely harmless.
[Tue Jul 17 20:17:32 2007] : Adrin: ooc doh
[Tue Jul 17 20:18:09 2007] : Yuan-ti: The yuan-ti hisses in contempt and sheaths his sword.
[Tue Jul 17 20:18:26 2007] : Dan: "At least it's kept him occupied"
[Tue Jul 17 20:18:27 2007] : Yuan-ti: Actually no it doesn't.
[Tue Jul 17 20:18:33 2007] : Yuan-ti: It just hisses in contempt.
[Tue Jul 17 20:18:40 2007] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jul 17 20:18:41 2007] : Adrin: ooc damn
[Tue Jul 17 20:18:45 2007] : Oona: ooc love the size of the big ape ;)
[Tue Jul 17 20:18:52 2007] : Adrin: Adrin activates his Cloak and charges the abomination
[Tue Jul 17 20:18:59 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (base): [1d20+10] => [7,10] = (17) ===> Damage: [2d6+4] => [3,1,4] = (8)
[Tue Jul 17 20:18:59 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (second): [1d20+5] => [17,5] = (22) ===> Damage: [2d6+4] => [3,1,4] = (8)
[Tue Jul 17 20:19:04 2007] : Adrin: +2 for charge
[Tue Jul 17 20:19:18 2007] : Aliatra: "Damn that barbarian"
[Tue Jul 17 20:19:41 2007] : DM: The yuan-ti parries your strike with a clash of metal and sparks.
[Tue Jul 17 20:19:50 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Jul 17 20:20:13 2007] : Adrin: ooc hmmm
[Tue Jul 17 20:20:42 2007] : Dan: Dan moves again, heading for another boulder
[Tue Jul 17 20:21:04 2007] : Dan: Dan thinks as he runs, then begins to cast when he's concealed
[Tue Jul 17 20:21:07 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jul 17 20:21:24 2007] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Jul 17 20:21:50 2007] : Oona: Still shooting at the beast
[Tue Jul 17 20:21:57 2007] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) (base): [1d20+9] => [9,9] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [1,4] = (5)
[Tue Jul 17 20:22:04 2007] : DM: Miss.
[Tue Jul 17 20:22:16 2007] : Oona: ooc if I move now, I can't hide, right?
[Tue Jul 17 20:22:36 2007] : DM: ooc you can still 'hide' behind a boulder out of sight.
[Tue Jul 17 20:23:10 2007] : DM: ooc i.e, you're just using the boulder as concealment/cover.
[Tue Jul 17 20:23:27 2007] : Oona: ooc ok
[Tue Jul 17 20:23:48 2007] : Oona: Oona moves ato another boulder 30 ft away.
[Tue Jul 17 20:23:55 2007] : Oona: and conceals herself
[Tue Jul 17 20:24:01 2007] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jul 17 20:24:03 2007] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jul 17 20:24:32 2007] : Aliatra: Running forward before shooting again
[Tue Jul 17 20:24:36 2007] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, MW (base): [1d20+12] => [18,12] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [7,3] = (10)
[Tue Jul 17 20:24:48 2007] : DM: A hit.
[Tue Jul 17 20:25:13 2007] : DM: The yuan-ti is bleeding from multiple would and looking badly injured.
[Tue Jul 17 20:25:20 2007] : Aliatra: ooc No kidding? ;-)
[Tue Jul 17 20:25:35 2007] : Aliatra: "Adrin, would you like to be a bit larger?"
[Tue Jul 17 20:25:37 2007] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jul 17 20:26:07 2007] : DM: Adrin, you notice that the yuan-ti is chained to the ground by a ring from it's tail and a ring embedded in the rock in the centre of the circle of pillars.
[Tue Jul 17 20:26:18 2007] : Adrin: "A bit larger than what?"
[Tue Jul 17 20:26:32 2007] : DM: There's quite a bit of chain, 10's of feet at least.
[Tue Jul 17 20:26:33 2007] : Adrin: "Hey Its chained up!"
[Tue Jul 17 20:26:50 2007] : Adrin: "Lots of chain though"
[Tue Jul 17 20:26:54 2007] : Aliatra: "Than now? I can make you larger for a short time, giving more punch to your hits"
[Tue Jul 17 20:26:57 2007] : Dan: "I still don't like it"
[Tue Jul 17 20:27:23 2007] : Adrin: "Yeah"
[Tue Jul 17 20:27:24 2007] : Yuan-ti: The yuan-ti attacks Adrin with a ferocious series of sword swings and a lunge with a mouth filled with needle sharp teeth.
[Tue Jul 17 20:27:28 2007] : Yuan-ti: Scimitar (#1) (base): [1d20+13] => [9,13] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] => [6,4] = (10)
[Tue Jul 17 20:27:30 2007] : Yuan-ti: Scimitar (#2) (base): [1d20+8] => [8,8] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] => [2,4] = (6)
[Tue Jul 17 20:27:32 2007] : Yuan-ti: Bite (base): [1d20+7] => [5,7] = (12) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] => [1,4,3] = (8)
[Tue Jul 17 20:27:46 2007] : Adrin: 2 hits
[Tue Jul 17 20:27:53 2007] : Yuan-ti: concealment roll, adrin?
[Tue Jul 17 20:28:01 2007] : Adrin: [1d100] => [57] = (57)
[Tue Jul 17 20:28:06 2007] : Adrin: 2 hits
[Tue Jul 17 20:28:14 2007] : Yuan-ti: 16 damage.
[Tue Jul 17 20:28:26 2007] : Adrin: ooc is it 1-20 misses or 80-100?
[Tue Jul 17 20:28:38 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Ask the DM
[Tue Jul 17 20:28:40 2007] : Dan: ooc two rolls though surely?
[Tue Jul 17 20:28:55 2007] : Adrin: ooc DM?
[Tue Jul 17 20:28:59 2007] : DM: ooc I always go with higher numbers are the best for the roller. So 80-99 is a success in this case if you roll.
[Tue Jul 17 20:29:18 2007] : Adrin: ooc ok. 1 roll or 2?
[Tue Jul 17 20:29:21 2007] : DM: ooc yeah, two
[Tue Jul 17 20:29:25 2007] : Adrin: [1d100] => [97] = (97)
[Tue Jul 17 20:29:52 2007] : DM: One hit, the yuan-ti looks a bit baffled when one of strikes touches nothing but air. (10 damage)
[Tue Jul 17 20:29:52 2007] : Aliatra: ooc :-D
[Tue Jul 17 20:30:09 2007] : DM: Adrin, your turn to counter attack.
[Tue Jul 17 20:30:17 2007] : Adrin: Adrin likes his new cloak
[Tue Jul 17 20:30:32 2007] : Adrin: Adrin flies into a rage and attacks
[Tue Jul 17 20:30:33 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+12] => [16,12] = (28) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] => [1,5,7] = (13)
[Tue Jul 17 20:30:33 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (second): [1d20+7] => [3,7] = (10) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] => [4,4,7] = (15)
[Tue Jul 17 20:31:14 2007] : DM: A good strike, the creature look close to death.
[Tue Jul 17 20:31:23 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Jul 17 20:31:41 2007] : Dan: Dan finishes casting Augmented Summon Monster II - Celestial Riding Dog (Medium magical beast): 23hp; 5 resist on acid cold and elec; AC= 16; SR = 7; Darkvision; Speed 40ft
[Tue Jul 17 20:32:17 2007] : Dan: Dog charges the yuan-ti
[Tue Jul 17 20:32:21 2007] : Dan: Augmented Celestial Riding Dog: Celestial Riding Dog attack (Smite evil) Bite [1d20+5] => [9,5] = (14) ==> Damage: [1d6+8] => [4,8] = (12) (treat as magical; -2 damage if not evil)
[Tue Jul 17 20:32:27 2007] : DM: Miss.
[Tue Jul 17 20:32:28 2007] : Dan: ooc +2
[Tue Jul 17 20:32:46 2007] : Dan: Dan moves again
[Tue Jul 17 20:32:55 2007] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray (base): [1d20+8] => [17,8] = (25) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [2,4,4,1,0] = (11)
[Tue Jul 17 20:32:58 2007] : Dan: [1d20+6] => [12,6] = (18)
[Tue Jul 17 20:33:11 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jul 17 20:33:59 2007] : DM: A slightly crispy yuan-ti hisses in pain and topples to the ground. It's body trashing for a moment before lying still.
[Tue Jul 17 20:34:15 2007] : Dan: "Yes, die fiend!"
[Tue Jul 17 20:34:20 2007] : Aliatra: "Dead already? Good!"
[Tue Jul 17 20:34:52 2007] : Adrin: Adrin spends a few more rage-ified rounds killing the thing a bit more
[Tue Jul 17 20:35:08 2007] : Dan: "So was that the thing emitting the light?"
[Tue Jul 17 20:35:22 2007] : Dan: Dan moves closer, a little wary of Adrin's rage
[Tue Jul 17 20:35:29 2007] : Oona: Oona gets closer to the circle
[Tue Jul 17 20:35:52 2007] : DM: 670 XP each.
[Tue Jul 17 20:35:52 2007] : Adrin: "I hate snakes"
[Tue Jul 17 20:36:42 2007] : Dan: ooc cheers Dm
[Tue Jul 17 20:36:56 2007] : Adrin: ooc so this thing killed you all last week?
[Tue Jul 17 20:37:12 2007] : Dan: ooc 13 XP shy of level 7!!
[Tue Jul 17 20:37:49 2007] : Dan: Dan examines the stone ring
[Tue Jul 17 20:37:55 2007] : Dan: Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [1,6] = (7)
[Tue Jul 17 20:38:00 2007] : DM: When you take a closer look at the oval of light it appears to show alternate landscapes. One moments it's showing a rocky plain of orange boulders and red pools of lava and the next a murky world of blue water.
[Tue Jul 17 20:38:14 2007] : Aliatra: ooc It nearly squeezed me to death
[Tue Jul 17 20:38:15 2007] : Adrin: Adrin wipes his sword off on the body and sheathes it
[Tue Jul 17 20:38:25 2007] : DM: The image in the oval changes randomly every 10 seconds or so.
[Tue Jul 17 20:38:26 2007] : Adrin: "Why would anyone chain this thing up here?"
[Tue Jul 17 20:38:31 2007] : Dan: ooc it got lots of crits on us
[Tue Jul 17 20:38:47 2007] : Aliatra: "As a watchman of some kind, I'd say"
[Tue Jul 17 20:38:54 2007] : Dan: To guard this 'portal' thing?
[Tue Jul 17 20:38:55 2007] : Oona: ooc image?
[Tue Jul 17 20:38:59 2007] : DM: Knowledge: planes.
[Tue Jul 17 20:39:00 2007] : Dan: To guard this 'portal' thing?
[Tue Jul 17 20:39:05 2007] : Oona: ooc ok, sorry
[Tue Jul 17 20:39:13 2007] : Oona: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Jul 17 20:39:13 2007] : Dan: ooc never mind
[Tue Jul 17 20:39:14 2007] : Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [4,12] = (16)
[Tue Jul 17 20:39:27 2007] : Aliatra: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [1,7] = (8)
[Tue Jul 17 20:39:39 2007] : Dan: ooc low rolls-R-us
[Tue Jul 17 20:39:56 2007] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Jul 17 20:40:45 2007] : Aliatra: "What is that? Just images or ... What would happen if I'd stgep through it?"
[Tue Jul 17 20:41:09 2007] : Dan: "looks like they may be other planes"
[Tue Jul 17 20:41:11 2007] : DM: The images on both faces of the oval match and the thing appears to be a portal to somewhere.
[Tue Jul 17 20:41:20 2007] : Adrin: Adrin picks up a nearby stone
[Tue Jul 17 20:41:23 2007] : Dan: "But I'm stumped if I know which ones"
[Tue Jul 17 20:41:25 2007] : Adrin: "What do you think?"
[Tue Jul 17 20:41:39 2007] : Dan: Dan steps back
[Tue Jul 17 20:42:17 2007] : Aliatra: "Right, let's see what happens"
[Tue Jul 17 20:42:49 2007] : Adrin: Adrin steps back and tosses the stone into the 'portal'
[Tue Jul 17 20:43:57 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks closely
[Tue Jul 17 20:44:11 2007] : DM: As you toss the stone through the portal it's showing a pale grey world of mist or fog.
[Tue Jul 17 20:44:47 2007] : Dan: ooc should I get a knowledge check for each plane shown?
[Tue Jul 17 20:44:48 2007] : DM: It enters with other plane with a small flash of magic and you see the stone continue in a straight line.
[Tue Jul 17 20:44:54 2007] : DM: Knowledge planes.
[Tue Jul 17 20:45:02 2007] : Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [18,12] = (30)
[Tue Jul 17 20:45:47 2007] : Dan: "This looks like the astral plane"
[Tue Jul 17 20:46:05 2007] : DM: Seconds later the stone is lost from view as another plane is shown in the oval portal.
[Tue Jul 17 20:46:17 2007] : Aliatra: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [8,7] = (15)
[Tue Jul 17 20:46:18 2007] : Dan: "The stone did not fall, it carried straight on"
[Tue Jul 17 20:46:25 2007] : Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [16,12] = (28)
[Tue Jul 17 20:46:58 2007] : Oona: Oona goes around the portal to see if the stone has gone through
[Tue Jul 17 20:47:05 2007] : Dan: "Hmm, a thought occurs to me..."
[Tue Jul 17 20:47:13 2007] : Aliatra: "But it left us, so this does seem to be some kind of portal. Not a lot of time to get throug it, though. It'll accommodate just one person at a time, I guess"
[Tue Jul 17 20:47:19 2007] : Dan: "The Yuan-ti was a fairly powerful foe..."
[Tue Jul 17 20:47:23 2007] : Adrin: "So this is like a window to other planes"
[Tue Jul 17 20:47:25 2007] : DM: The stone did not pass out the other pass of the oval.
[Tue Jul 17 20:47:45 2007] : Dan: "Perhaps it was there not to protect the portal, but to stop things coning through"
[Tue Jul 17 20:47:49 2007] : DM: ooc other face.
[Tue Jul 17 20:48:03 2007] : Aliatra: [1d10] => [5] = (5)
[Tue Jul 17 20:48:05 2007] : Adrin: "Now thats a sobering thought"
[Tue Jul 17 20:48:07 2007] : Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Jul 17 20:48:18 2007] : Aliatra: "Its owners might be far away from here, but just a step through that" Points at the portal
[Tue Jul 17 20:48:30 2007] : Dan: "Having said that, all anything coming out of the portal would have to do is run away"
[Tue Jul 17 20:48:48 2007] : DM: ooc brb
[Tue Jul 17 20:49:03 2007] : Aliatra: "Who was feeding that beast and do we wait to find out?"
[Tue Jul 17 20:49:10 2007] : Oona: "How does this thing sustain itself?"
[Tue Jul 17 20:49:18 2007] : Oona: ooc where's the plug?
[Tue Jul 17 20:49:32 2007] : Dan: "An interesting question both of you"
[Tue Jul 17 20:49:37 2007] : Oona: "Because for all we know, we might have left the way open to .. well, unwanted creatures or something"
[Tue Jul 17 20:49:43 2007] : Adrin: ooc back
[Tue Jul 17 20:49:46 2007] : DM: ooc back
[Tue Jul 17 20:51:33 2007] : DM: Investigating the portal some more?
[Tue Jul 17 20:52:22 2007] : Oona: Oona tries to understand, with her little knowledge of magic (ie. null) how the portal works
[Tue Jul 17 20:53:05 2007] : Aliatra: "I'd like to know how long it takes before the same plane comes by again"
[Tue Jul 17 20:53:15 2007] : Dan: Dan takes a stick, and when the portal is on an innoccuous looking plane, pokes it in
[Tue Jul 17 20:53:15 2007] : Adrin: Adrin takes a look at the standing stones
[Tue Jul 17 20:53:38 2007] : Oona: Baffled by the thing, Oona goes to the YuanTi corpse and start an inventory of what it's carrying
[Tue Jul 17 20:53:44 2007] : Dan: ooc if there are any sticks
[Tue Jul 17 20:53:58 2007] : Dan: ooc Dan has a staff actually, he can use that
[Tue Jul 17 20:54:07 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Try a characteristic rock then
[Tue Jul 17 20:54:14 2007] : Dan: Dan pokes his staff in gingerly
[Tue Jul 17 20:54:16 2007] : DM: From what you've seen you think the same plane is shown every 10 minutes or so, however it never seems to be the same point in the plane.
[Tue Jul 17 20:54:33 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Bye, bye, staff
[Tue Jul 17 20:54:45 2007] : Dan: ooc or end of staff
[Tue Jul 17 20:54:54 2007] : DM: ooc waiting for any particular plane to be visible or should I just have a random one?
[Tue Jul 17 20:55:06 2007] : Adrin: ooc has he ever actually used the staff?
[Tue Jul 17 20:55:19 2007] : Dan: ooc an innocuous looking one
[Tue Jul 17 20:55:35 2007] : DM: ooc there's planes of water, of fire or icey landscapes, green verdant forests etc. etc.
[Tue Jul 17 20:55:46 2007] : DM: ooc how long are you sticking it in?
[Tue Jul 17 20:56:25 2007] : Dan: Dan pokes the staff into the icey landscape, about 4 inches, he withdraws before it changes again
[Tue Jul 17 20:57:01 2007] : DM: When Dan withdraws the staff it's covered in a light coating of frost that quickly melts away.
[Tue Jul 17 20:57:25 2007] : Dan: "Hmm, it certainly seems possible to have 2 way traffic through this"
[Tue Jul 17 20:57:53 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's keep that in mind for when we want to leave her quickly"
[Tue Jul 17 20:58:01 2007] : Dan: "I'd be intrigued to try some of these planes, however I fear that our mission does not include planar travel"
[Tue Jul 17 20:58:30 2007] : Dan: "And the fact that the portal shows a new area each time suggests we'd be trapped there"
[Tue Jul 17 20:59:21 2007] : Dan: "I am stumped as to what we can do about this now though"
[Tue Jul 17 20:59:36 2007] : Dan: ooc brb
[Tue Jul 17 20:59:58 2007] : Oona: While the others play with the portal, Oona goes to the YuanTi corpse and start an inventory of what it's carrying
[Tue Jul 17 21:00:25 2007] : Adrin: "I think the best we can do it leave it alone"
[Tue Jul 17 21:00:42 2007] : Aliatra: "When we see yhose other planes, the location on them changes, but you'd think that they always see this place on our plane"
[Tue Jul 17 21:00:52 2007] : DM: ooc Just it's weapons and shield. They look of fine quality.
[Tue Jul 17 21:01:03 2007] : DM: Just it's weapons and shield. They look of fine quality.
[Tue Jul 17 21:01:13 2007] : Dan: ooc back
[Tue Jul 17 21:01:38 2007] : Adrin: "But what do they see when this portal points somewhere else?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:02:14 2007] : DM: Large scimitar, large composite longbow and large shield. All of which are two large of any medium sized person to use comfortably.
[Tue Jul 17 21:03:27 2007] : Aliatra: "Another plane, nothing, anything. I would not like to hazard a guess"
[Tue Jul 17 21:04:05 2007] : Adrin: "Then my thought stands - Leave it alone. Lets get out of here."
[Tue Jul 17 21:04:38 2007] : Dan: "Yes, perhaps, report it to Seraphina"
[Tue Jul 17 21:05:16 2007] : Dan: "As it shows a new area of the other plane Adrin, I expect that what happens is that a portal opens on the other plane, and then closes"
[Tue Jul 17 21:05:25 2007] : Oona: "Well, I'll say it agian, maybe we didn't do the right thing by killingthis guardian"
[Tue Jul 17 21:05:31 2007] : Oona: "Although I suppose it is to late now"
[Tue Jul 17 21:05:39 2007] : Oona: "There is no way to deactivate this thing?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:05:47 2007] : Adrin: "You could be right Dan"
[Tue Jul 17 21:05:49 2007] : Dan: "We had little option, it attacked us"
[Tue Jul 17 21:06:11 2007] : Aliatra: "I don't possess that level of magic, Oona"
[Tue Jul 17 21:06:14 2007] : Adrin: "and why would it attack us if it was stopping things coming out of the portal?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:06:36 2007] : Aliatra: "It might have been just aggressive in nature"
[Tue Jul 17 21:06:46 2007] : Dan: "I have a dispel spell memorised, however I suspect that something permanent like this...
[Tue Jul 17 21:06:49 2007] : Oona: "right"
[Tue Jul 17 21:07:06 2007] : Dan: "even were my spell to affect it at all, would only be suppressed temporarily"
[Tue Jul 17 21:07:14 2007] : Oona: "Probably"
[Tue Jul 17 21:07:25 2007] : Oona: "Oh well, We'll have to live with it and find out what this is all about"
[Tue Jul 17 21:08:14 2007] : Aliatra: "I get the creepy feeling we'll be standing here again before long"
[Tue Jul 17 21:08:29 2007] : Dan: "Funnily enough, I agree"
[Tue Jul 17 21:08:57 2007] : Adrin: Adrin takes a look at the standing stones
[Tue Jul 17 21:09:11 2007] : Aliatra: "But until then ... let's get out of here"
[Tue Jul 17 21:09:34 2007] : DM: They're made of the local stone and rougly cut into shape, they're leaning at odd angles.
[Tue Jul 17 21:10:22 2007] : Aliatra: "Hmm, you think they might mean something?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:10:25 2007] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [6,8] = (14)
[Tue Jul 17 21:10:33 2007] : Dan: "Could we damage the stones, perhaps to disable the portal?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:10:39 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra looks at the stones for w ahile
[Tue Jul 17 21:10:45 2007] : Adrin: "I've no idea."
[Tue Jul 17 21:10:55 2007] : Dan: "I expect that the portal being in the middle of the stones has at least some significance"
[Tue Jul 17 21:10:58 2007] : Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+14] => [9,14] = (23)
[Tue Jul 17 21:11:08 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's not try to destroy what we don't understand. We might be doing more harm than good"
[Tue Jul 17 21:12:13 2007] : Aliatra: "What of the stones are here to deatin whatever comes through? Are you sure youi want to damage them?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:12:29 2007] : Dan: "Hmm, on further thought, they don't seem connected"
[Tue Jul 17 21:12:44 2007] : Adrin: "Look, we dont know enough to do anything so why dont we just leave?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:12:45 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra tries to understand what she sees here
[Tue Jul 17 21:12:47 2007] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Jul 17 21:12:55 2007] : Aliatra: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [15,7] = (22)
[Tue Jul 17 21:14:29 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra shrugs, turns and leaves
[Tue Jul 17 21:14:46 2007] : Dan: "Back to the dinghy?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:15:06 2007] : Aliatra: "Yep"
[Tue Jul 17 21:15:08 2007] : Oona: "sounds good"
[Tue Jul 17 21:15:17 2007] : Oona: "Can we take this stuff?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:15:30 2007] : Oona: Oona points at the weapons
[Tue Jul 17 21:15:37 2007] : Adrin: "Someone is bound to buy it in the city"
[Tue Jul 17 21:16:08 2007] : Aliatra: "Need help carrying it?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:16:53 2007] : Adrin: "Divide it up between us. Should be easy enough to carry"
[Tue Jul 17 21:17:50 2007] : Aliatra: "One for you and one for me and one for you and one for me ..."
[Tue Jul 17 21:18:04 2007] : Adrin: "Exactly"
[Tue Jul 17 21:18:13 2007] : Dan: Dan frowns and keeps walking
[Tue Jul 17 21:18:30 2007] : DM: It doesn't take you long to walk back to the rowboat.
[Tue Jul 17 21:20:14 2007] : Adrin: "You alright Dan?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:20:54 2007] : Oona: Oona starts preparing the dinghy to go
[Tue Jul 17 21:21:10 2007] : Dan: "Just a bit pertubed by that portal"
[Tue Jul 17 21:22:35 2007] : Adrin: "Its a strange one alright. No point worrying over it though"
[Tue Jul 17 21:23:23 2007] : Oona: "Let us go?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:23:39 2007] : DM: where are you rowing to next?
[Tue Jul 17 21:23:39 2007] : Aliatra: "Yes, let's"
[Tue Jul 17 21:23:55 2007] : Adrin: "Aye. Get in and I'll give a shove"
[Tue Jul 17 21:24:09 2007] : Aliatra: "I'm in"
[Tue Jul 17 21:24:24 2007] : Dan: Dan gets in
[Tue Jul 17 21:24:41 2007] : Dan: ooc how far away from the other island?
[Tue Jul 17 21:25:14 2007] : DM: ooc about a 1 km.
[Tue Jul 17 21:25:34 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra takes care of her wounds using the wand
[Tue Jul 17 21:25:39 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [3,1] = (4)
[Tue Jul 17 21:25:40 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Tue Jul 17 21:26:13 2007] : Adrin: Adrin gives the dingy a push and jumps in with the others
[Tue Jul 17 21:26:25 2007] : Dan: "Do we row there, or back to the ships and have them take us in?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:26:43 2007] : Adrin: ooc distance to the ships?
[Tue Jul 17 21:26:56 2007] : DM: ooc 100 m
[Tue Jul 17 21:27:43 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's put this stuff on the ship, no need to lug it along with us"
[Tue Jul 17 21:27:50 2007] : Adrin: "lets head back to the ship and see what they think. We can drop this stuff off too"
[Tue Jul 17 21:28:50 2007] : DM: You row back to the ship where the captain hails you.
[Tue Jul 17 21:29:22 2007] : Dan: "Ahoy there"
[Tue Jul 17 21:29:27 2007] : DM: "Ho there! What's on that island?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:29:44 2007] : Dan: Dan looks pleased with his grasp of nautical terminology
[Tue Jul 17 21:30:16 2007] : Dan: "Some form of planar portal, and a Yuan-ti that we killed when it attacked us"
[Tue Jul 17 21:30:56 2007] : DM: "Safe to anchor further in the bay then?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:31:32 2007] : Dan: "We found nothing else to concern us there"
[Tue Jul 17 21:31:34 2007] : Aliatra: "As far as we konw, yes"
[Tue Jul 17 21:32:01 2007] : Dan: ooc although it occurs to me that we never actually searched the rest of the island ;(
[Tue Jul 17 21:32:11 2007] : Aliatra: "Just stay away of thar ring of stones and the light, there is some weird magic at work there"
[Tue Jul 17 21:32:16 2007] : Adrin: "We've got some souveniers too"
[Tue Jul 17 21:33:00 2007] : Capt. Randolf: "Right'o." The captain shouts order to the rest of the crew and soon the ships are underway and sailing slowly into the centre of the lagoon (or bay or whatever the correct geographical term is).
[Tue Jul 17 21:34:06 2007] : Capt. Randolf: The captain peers through a spy glass, "There's a dock of somesort on that island. Looks guarded by some sort of creatures."
[Tue Jul 17 21:34:22 2007] : Capt. Randolf: The captain indicates Overwatch island.
[Tue Jul 17 21:34:33 2007] : Aliatra: "What do those creature look like?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:35:19 2007] : Capt. Randolf: "Have a look yourself." The captain hands over the spyglass.
[Tue Jul 17 21:35:27 2007] : Capt. Randolf: Knowledge nature check Aliatra.
[Tue Jul 17 21:35:41 2007] : Dan: Dan flexes his fingers, ready for some spellcasting
[Tue Jul 17 21:35:47 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra puts the spy glass before her eye and peers at the other island
[Tue Jul 17 21:35:52 2007] : Aliatra: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Jul 17 21:36:27 2007] : Capt. Randolf: They look like reptilian humanoids but not like the lizardfolk you encountered on Leeward Island.
[Tue Jul 17 21:36:30 2007] : Aliatra: "Hmm, can't make head nor tail of it. What do you thonk, Oona?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:36:48 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra hands the spyglaa over to Oona
[Tue Jul 17 21:37:30 2007] : Capt. Randolf: "We'll drop anchor here, you'll have to row the rest of the way it's less than a third of a mile."
[Tue Jul 17 21:37:52 2007] : Capt. Randolf: More orders are shouted and signalled via flags to the sister ship.
[Tue Jul 17 21:38:25 2007] : Oona: ooc sorry, making something to eat or I will die
[Tue Jul 17 21:38:30 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra takes some further care of her wounds
[Tue Jul 17 21:38:36 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [5,1] = (6)
[Tue Jul 17 21:38:37 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [5,1] = (6)
[Tue Jul 17 21:38:41 2007] : Adrin: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+3] => [12,3] = (15)
[Tue Jul 17 21:38:44 2007] : Adrin: Adrin has a look
[Tue Jul 17 21:39:02 2007] : Oona: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [7,6] = (13)
[Tue Jul 17 21:39:10 2007] : Capt. Randolf: ooc can't have our players dying.
[Tue Jul 17 21:39:15 2007] : Adrin: "Could you wave that wand over me Ali?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:39:30 2007] : Aliatra: "Sure Adrin. How hurt are you?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:39:35 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Tue Jul 17 21:39:36 2007] : Capt. Randolf: They look like the troglodytes the lizardfolk mentioned.
[Tue Jul 17 21:39:44 2007] : Aliatra: ooc How many down?
[Tue Jul 17 21:39:49 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Tue Jul 17 21:40:02 2007] : Adrin: ooc down 10
[Tue Jul 17 21:40:06 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [5,1] = (6)
[Tue Jul 17 21:40:23 2007] : Adrin: "That feels great, thanks"
[Tue Jul 17 21:40:23 2007] : Aliatra: ooc What's up with those dice anyway?
[Tue Jul 17 21:40:32 2007] : Aliatra: "You're welcome"
[Tue Jul 17 21:41:19 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Oooh, black
[Tue Jul 17 21:42:53 2007] : Dan: "Are troglodytes resistant to fire?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:43:03 2007] : Dan: Dan grins somewhat
[Tue Jul 17 21:43:17 2007] : DM: There around 6 troglodytes on the dock, all look armed and ready and waiting.
[Tue Jul 17 21:43:19 2007] : Adrin: Adrin chuckles
[Tue Jul 17 21:43:29 2007] : Aliatra: "I don't know, but they sure are ugly"
[Tue Jul 17 21:45:30 2007] : DM: What's the plan of action?
[Tue Jul 17 21:45:38 2007] : Dan: Shall I fireball them from here?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:45:56 2007] : DM: The rowboat requires two people to row at a speed of 10 ft
[Tue Jul 17 21:46:19 2007] : Oona: "Does it really make sense?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:46:22 2007] : DM: The ships are anchored 1500 ft away from the dock.
[Tue Jul 17 21:46:25 2007] : Dan: "I estimate that I can hit 5 of the 6 that I can see"
[Tue Jul 17 21:46:26 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra takes a pair of oars
[Tue Jul 17 21:46:37 2007] : Aliatra: "Just do it then"
[Tue Jul 17 21:46:38 2007] : Oona: "I mean, do we want to start off that way"
[Tue Jul 17 21:46:54 2007] : Adrin: "Is there another way to start?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:46:55 2007] : Dan: ooc ah, are we not at the place on the map yet?
[Tue Jul 17 21:47:02 2007] : Oona: "or at least try to land and discuss?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:47:17 2007] : DM: ooc not yet!
[Tue Jul 17 21:47:47 2007] : Dan: "Well, if we approach and they start firing arrows at us I'll find it significantly harder to cast"
[Tue Jul 17 21:47:49 2007] : Aliatra: "They are bullies and kidnappers, what do you want to discuss with the likes of that?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:48:03 2007] : DM: The sides of the mountain that is the island are two steep to land on, the only place to land on this side of the island is the stone dock.
[Tue Jul 17 21:48:45 2007] : Oona: "ok, go for the fireball then"
[Tue Jul 17 21:48:52 2007] : Dan: "I guess that we could try to go in under a flag of truce"
[Tue Jul 17 21:48:59 2007] : Oona: Oona readies her bow
[Tue Jul 17 21:49:30 2007] : Aliatra: "Not if you mean to betray it, honesty is very important"
[Tue Jul 17 21:49:38 2007] : Adrin: "Is it?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:49:39 2007] : Oona: "I was just thinking that if they manage to damage this boat"
[Tue Jul 17 21:49:43 2007] : Oona: "we're pretty much done for"
[Tue Jul 17 21:50:13 2007] : Oona: Oona eyes Aliatra awkwardly
[Tue Jul 17 21:50:15 2007] : DM: ooc can't Aliatra swim in full plate? :P
[Tue Jul 17 21:50:37 2007] : Oona: "Well, it's that or if the boat sinks, it's each on his own"
[Tue Jul 17 21:50:47 2007] : Aliatra: ooc She'll try at least ;-)
[Tue Jul 17 21:50:53 2007] : Dan: "Less likely to damage us if we fireball them first no?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:51:07 2007] : Adrin: "Much less likely"
[Tue Jul 17 21:51:10 2007] : Aliatra: "Yep"
[Tue Jul 17 21:51:21 2007] : Dan: "When I said a flag of truce, I meant honourably Ali"
[Tue Jul 17 21:52:17 2007] : Aliatra: "Just stating my point of fview, not trying to attack or imply"
[Tue Jul 17 21:52:23 2007] : Oona: "Ah..."
[Tue Jul 17 21:52:29 2007] : Aliatra: "Just crsip them"
[Tue Jul 17 21:52:35 2007] : Oona: Oona gives Adrin a sideway glance
[Tue Jul 17 21:52:49 2007] : Dan: "So do we go in trying to parlay, or do we go in shooting... and fireballing?"
[Tue Jul 17 21:53:05 2007] : Adrin: "They dont look like they're going to talk"
[Tue Jul 17 21:53:07 2007] : Aliatra: "Shooting and fireballing"
[Tue Jul 17 21:53:32 2007] : Dan: "OK, get me to within 600 feet"
[Tue Jul 17 21:53:35 2007] : Oona: "Let's go"
[Tue Jul 17 21:53:50 2007] : Adrin: Adrin starts rowing
[Tue Jul 17 21:54:28 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra assists Adrin
[Tue Jul 17 21:54:51 2007] : DM: ooc 600 ft??
[Tue Jul 17 21:55:09 2007] : DM: ooc wow!
[Tue Jul 17 21:55:26 2007] : Oona: ooc cool :)
[Tue Jul 17 21:55:28 2007] : Dan: ooc :D
[Tue Jul 17 21:56:03 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's make sure we're not a yard closer than that. Let them try to hit them with their arrows from that distance"
[Tue Jul 17 21:56:05 2007] : Adrin: ooc fireball is 400+40/level for some reason
[Tue Jul 17 21:56:22 2007] : DM: ooc darn, I though I had a troglodyte sheet prepared from ages ago.
[Tue Jul 17 21:56:47 2007] : Dan: ooc actually it's 640 ft, I never updated spells from level 5
[Tue Jul 17 21:57:25 2007] : Dan: Dan waits to get in range
[Tue Jul 17 21:58:22 2007] : DM: ooc heh, nearly had you fighting a troll by mistake...
[Tue Jul 17 21:58:51 2007] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Jul 17 21:59:48 2007] : DM: You row to within 640 ft, the troglodytes are crouching down, javelins at the ready and waiting.
[Tue Jul 17 21:59:55 2007] : DM: Roll initiative.
[Tue Jul 17 22:00:00 2007] : Oona: Initiative: [1d20+9] => [6,9] = (15)
[Tue Jul 17 22:00:12 2007] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [10,7] = (17)
[Tue Jul 17 22:00:17 2007] : DM: [1d20-1] => [14,-1] = (13)
[Tue Jul 17 22:00:22 2007] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [8,5] = (13)
[Tue Jul 17 22:00:26 2007] : Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+3] => [20,3] = (23)
[Tue Jul 17 22:00:34 2007] : Dan: ooc dex = +5
[Tue Jul 17 22:01:46 2007] : DM: I guess Dan's going to toss his fireball as a surprise round before anyone else does anything?
[Tue Jul 17 22:02:09 2007] : Dan: ooc I guess so
[Tue Jul 17 22:02:43 2007] : Aliatra: ooc That was the plan ;-)
[Tue Jul 17 22:03:24 2007] : DM: Go on then, Dan.
[Tue Jul 17 22:03:47 2007] : Dan: Dan looks for a good spot then casts his spell
[Tue Jul 17 22:03:51 2007] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Fireball (level 3): Blasts a 20ft radius with fire dealing [6d6] => [2,5,3,6,6,1] = (23) damage (Reflex save DC 18 for half damage)
[Tue Jul 17 22:04:05 2007] : DM: Which ones does it get?
[Tue Jul 17 22:04:20 2007] : Dan: ooc all except 3
[Tue Jul 17 22:04:27 2007] : DM: Reflex save: [1d20-1] => [14,-1] = (13)
[Tue Jul 17 22:04:28 2007] : DM: Reflex save: [1d20-1] => [18,-1] = (17)
[Tue Jul 17 22:04:29 2007] : DM: Reflex save: [1d20-1] => [2,-1] = (1)
[Tue Jul 17 22:04:31 2007] : DM: Reflex save: [1d20-1] => [13,-1] = (12)
[Tue Jul 17 22:04:33 2007] : DM: Reflex save: [1d20-1] => [7,-1] = (6)
[Tue Jul 17 22:04:59 2007] : DM: 5 troglodytes are killed instantly by the searing heat of the spell.
[Tue Jul 17 22:05:07 2007] : DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Tue Jul 17 22:05:23 2007] : Adrin: rowrowrowrowrow
[Tue Jul 17 22:05:31 2007] : Dan: "Let's close in and finish that last one off"
[Tue Jul 17 22:05:59 2007] : DM: Aliatra, i guess you continue rowing too.
[Tue Jul 17 22:06:05 2007] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Jul 17 22:06:26 2007] : Oona: Oona crouches in the rowboat and aims at the troglodytes
[Tue Jul 17 22:06:28 2007] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jul 17 22:06:35 2007] : Oona: ooc unless I can't really crouch
[Tue Jul 17 22:06:36 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra hums as she rows, rows, rows her boat
[Tue Jul 17 22:06:39 2007] : Oona: which I would understand :)
[Tue Jul 17 22:06:49 2007] : DM: ooc you can crouch in the boat
[Tue Jul 17 22:07:03 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Jul 17 22:07:30 2007] : Dan: Dan waits ready with his bow
[Tue Jul 17 22:08:07 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jul 17 22:08:38 2007] : DM: The remaining troglodyte look around him in shock, effectually tosses his javelin to splash harmlessly in the water far, far away from you and scurries away into the open entrance.
[Tue Jul 17 22:09:05 2007] : Dan: "Nothing like a *warm* reception"
[Tue Jul 17 22:09:16 2007] : Aliatra: "Do you have any fireballs left, Dan? It might have gone for reinforcements"
[Tue Jul 17 22:09:26 2007] : Dan: "Unfortunately not"
[Tue Jul 17 22:09:34 2007] : DM: ...60 rounds (6 minutes) later...
[Tue Jul 17 22:09:41 2007] : Dan: "Hold on, I'll search my pack for scrolls"
[Tue Jul 17 22:09:48 2007] : Oona: "Let us hope it was enough to scare it off"
[Tue Jul 17 22:09:53 2007] : Dan: "No"
[Tue Jul 17 22:10:06 2007] : DM: While rowing for 6 minutes you can act out of rounds.
[Tue Jul 17 22:11:11 2007] : DM: Okay, within 5 or 6 minutes you approach the dock, the large wooden iron-bound doors have been closed.
[Tue Jul 17 22:11:17 2007] : Aliatra: "I don't like rowing"
[Tue Jul 17 22:11:34 2007] : Dan: "Ah, Ali, do you have that stone?"
[Tue Jul 17 22:12:15 2007] : DM: The jetty and entrance have been carved out of the living rock.
[Tue Jul 17 22:12:27 2007] : Aliatra: "I guess so, have a look in my pack"
[Tue Jul 17 22:12:31 2007] : DM: Rusty iron rings provide means to tie up boats.
[Tue Jul 17 22:12:42 2007] : DM: ooc brb
[Tue Jul 17 22:12:44 2007] : Dan: "I believe that it has one more use left in it, and the spell should open even barred gates"
[Tue Jul 17 22:13:01 2007] : Dan: "Either that or we can try to hack our way in"
[Tue Jul 17 22:13:29 2007] : Dan: Dan looks in Ali's pack for the stone
[Tue Jul 17 22:13:30 2007] : Oona: "I can do the hacking."
[Tue Jul 17 22:13:35 2007] : Oona: 'If need be that is"
[Tue Jul 17 22:13:37 2007] : Dan: "Ah, here it is"
[Tue Jul 17 22:13:47 2007] : Aliatra: The stone is on top of all the other stuff in Aliatra's backpack
[Tue Jul 17 22:14:11 2007] : Dan: "Handy haversacks are marvellous"
[Tue Jul 17 22:14:41 2007] : Aliatra: "They are handy" Aliatra grins
[Tue Jul 17 22:14:56 2007] : DM: ooc back
[Tue Jul 17 22:15:54 2007] : DM: Docking?
[Tue Jul 17 22:16:03 2007] : Dan: ooc need to pause for Bert
[Tue Jul 17 22:16:04 2007] : Oona: ooc wait
[Tue Jul 17 22:16:14 2007] : DM: ooc okay
[Tue Jul 17 22:16:18 2007] : Dan: ooc connection has started pausing again
[Tue Jul 17 22:16:51 2007] : Adrin (enter): 22:16
[Tue Jul 17 22:17:03 2007] : Adrin: ooc ready
[Tue Jul 17 22:17:50 2007] : Dan: ooc what's your chat buffer set to Bert?
[Tue Jul 17 22:18:04 2007] : Oona: yes, docking.
[Tue Jul 17 22:18:05 2007] : Adrin: ooc 1000
[Tue Jul 17 22:18:21 2007] : Dan: ooc same as mine
[Tue Jul 17 22:18:27 2007] : Adrin: ooc dont think its that. Changing connections made all the difference last time
[Tue Jul 17 22:18:49 2007] : Aliatra: ooc And as mine
[Tue Jul 17 22:18:51 2007] : Oona: Oona jumps on the dock, keeping alert as to what is happening around her.
[Tue Jul 17 22:19:00 2007] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [2,9] = (11)
[Tue Jul 17 22:19:06 2007] : Adrin (enter): 22:19
[Tue Jul 17 22:19:07 2007] : Dan: ooc all Uk internet gamers should use Zen ;P
[Tue Jul 17 22:19:19 2007] : Dan: Booting '(5) Adrin' from server...
[Tue Jul 17 22:19:20 2007] : Adrin (exit): 22:19
[Tue Jul 17 22:19:22 2007] : Adrin: ooc GAH, GAH and GAH again!
[Tue Jul 17 22:19:30 2007] : Dan: Booting '(8) Adrin' from server...
[Tue Jul 17 22:19:31 2007] : Adrin (exit): 22:19
[Tue Jul 17 22:19:40 2007] : Dan: ooc what's up?
[Tue Jul 17 22:19:46 2007] : Adrin (enter): 22:19
[Tue Jul 17 22:19:49 2007] : Oona: ooc he booted the wrong one?
[Tue Jul 17 22:19:53 2007] : Aliatra: ooc What's Zen?
[Tue Jul 17 22:19:59 2007] : DM: ooc an ISP.
[Tue Jul 17 22:20:02 2007] : Adrin: Booting '(9) Adrin' from server...
[Tue Jul 17 22:20:03 2007] : Adrin (exit): 22:20
[Tue Jul 17 22:20:04 2007] : Dan: ooc I booted them, but the earlier ones only
[Tue Jul 17 22:20:06 2007] : Aliatra: ooc ic
[Tue Jul 17 22:20:46 2007] : DM: You disembark onto the docks.
[Tue Jul 17 22:20:51 2007] : DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Tue Jul 17 22:21:15 2007] : DM: The area of empty, there's a closed door into the mountain.
[Tue Jul 17 22:21:15 2007] : Adrin: "Lets have a look around"
[Tue Jul 17 22:21:58 2007] : Dan: "So Oona, can you open this, if not, let's use the stone"
[Tue Jul 17 22:22:07 2007] : Aliatra: "You have a look around while I guard the fort"
[Tue Jul 17 22:22:16 2007] : Oona: "Ok, will try"
[Tue Jul 17 22:22:23 2007] : DM: ooc we are still taking turn.
[Tue Jul 17 22:22:27 2007] : DM: ooc we are still taking turns
[Tue Jul 17 22:22:30 2007] : Oona: Oona first examines the lock thoroughly
[Tue Jul 17 22:22:34 2007] : Adrin: moved and done
[Tue Jul 17 22:22:35 2007] : Oona: Search Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [16,12] = (28)
[Tue Jul 17 22:22:40 2007] : Oona: ooc sorry
[Tue Jul 17 22:22:48 2007] : DM: Aliatra's turn.
[Tue Jul 17 22:23:24 2007] : Dan: ooc Ali is guarding us
[Tue Jul 17 22:24:29 2007] : DM: Oona's turn?
[Tue Jul 17 22:24:35 2007] : Oona: Oona shoulders her bow, verifies that her sword is loose in its scabbard and takes her tools out. She starts examining the lock throroughly.
[Tue Jul 17 22:24:36 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra is watching the surroundings while keeping an eya on her companions
[Tue Jul 17 22:25:23 2007] : Oona: "Ah, this is going to take a little longer than foreseen"
[Tue Jul 17 22:25:33 2007] : DM: Dan, your turn.
[Tue Jul 17 22:26:05 2007] : Adrin: ooc ah, i didn't notice the bit about the doors
[Tue Jul 17 22:26:39 2007] : Dan: Dan holds while Oona examines the doors, holding his bow in readiness
[Tue Jul 17 22:26:45 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jul 17 22:27:04 2007] : DM: You hear a snarling from inside.
[Tue Jul 17 22:27:09 2007] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jul 17 22:27:33 2007] : Dan: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [3,5] = (8)
[Tue Jul 17 22:27:37 2007] : Adrin: Draw sword and gulp. Done
[Tue Jul 17 22:27:53 2007] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jul 17 22:28:30 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra gets her sword ready and continues to wait
[Tue Jul 17 22:28:35 2007] : Aliatra: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [11,2] = (13)
[Tue Jul 17 22:28:51 2007] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Jul 17 22:29:05 2007] : Oona: "First, please take a few steps back, there is a trap. You see these holes up there? Oona points above her head, i suspect spikes might fall down on us if we do this too hastily"
[Tue Jul 17 22:29:52 2007] : Oona: Oona examines the trap mechanism as thoroughly as she needs to and starts trying to disable the trap
[Tue Jul 17 22:30:01 2007] : Oona: Disable Device Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [6,13] = (19)
[Tue Jul 17 22:30:04 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra is not even in front of the doors
[Tue Jul 17 22:30:06 2007] : DM: Which takes [2d4] => [4,1] = (5) rounds.
[Tue Jul 17 22:30:08 2007] : Aliatra: "Well spotted"
[Tue Jul 17 22:30:24 2007] : DM: ooc the DM rolls disable device check.
[Tue Jul 17 22:30:32 2007] : Dan: "I'll move away then"
[Tue Jul 17 22:30:34 2007] : Oona: ooc ok
[Tue Jul 17 22:30:47 2007] : Oona: "As I said, this is going to take a while. please don't talk"
[Tue Jul 17 22:30:49 2007] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jul 17 22:31:12 2007] : DM: [2d4] => [1,1] = (2) rounds later...
[Tue Jul 17 22:31:20 2007] : Dan: Dan moves along the dock quietly
[Tue Jul 17 22:31:24 2007] : Adrin: Adrin moves in the meantime
[Tue Jul 17 22:31:31 2007] : DM: Oona, you think you've disabled the trap.
[Tue Jul 17 22:31:38 2007] : DM: Dan, your turn.
[Tue Jul 17 22:32:02 2007] : Dan: Dan waits for Oona's say so
[Tue Jul 17 22:32:19 2007] : Oona: ooc dooe is locked I suppose?
[Tue Jul 17 22:32:22 2007] : Oona: ooc door
[Tue Jul 17 22:32:23 2007] : Dan: ooc did we get XP from the trogs? I am 13 xp away from 7th
[Tue Jul 17 22:32:24 2007] : DM: ooc yep.
[Tue Jul 17 22:32:39 2007] : DM: ooc er...
[Tue Jul 17 22:32:50 2007] : Adrin: ooc 12 XP each would be hilarious
[Tue Jul 17 22:33:03 2007] : Oona: ooc roflmao
[Tue Jul 17 22:33:29 2007] : Aliatra: ooc ROTFLOL
[Tue Jul 17 22:33:48 2007] : Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Jul 17 22:34:18 2007] : Dan: ooc woot! Ka-Ching
[Tue Jul 17 22:34:29 2007] : Dan: [1d4] => [2] = (2)
[Tue Jul 17 22:34:54 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Really, Craig, you just leveled? Won! ;-)
[Tue Jul 17 22:35:06 2007] : DM: More animal snarls from inside and guttural commanding shouts.
[Tue Jul 17 22:35:23 2007] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jul 17 22:35:34 2007] : Aliatra: "It sounds like it's more than one in there. Let's be careful"
[Tue Jul 17 22:35:54 2007] : Adrin: "Can we set trap or something? Get them when they come through?"
[Tue Jul 17 22:36:29 2007] : DM: ooc they've been there a while.
[Tue Jul 17 22:36:52 2007] : Dan: "Anyone got any lamp oil?"
[Tue Jul 17 22:37:14 2007] : Adrin: Move to the door (but not under the spikes) and ready my sword
[Tue Jul 17 22:37:18 2007] : DM: okay, i'm going to forget rounds because everyone else has...
[Tue Jul 17 22:37:38 2007] : DM: ooc Tell me when you're ready to open the door.
[Tue Jul 17 22:37:50 2007] : Oona: "OK, I believe I've disabled the trap, now for the door" Oona starts trying to open the lock with her tools
[Tue Jul 17 22:37:57 2007] : Oona: Open Lock Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [19,13] = (32)
[Tue Jul 17 22:38:38 2007] : Oona: Oona holds her breath
[Tue Jul 17 22:38:39 2007] : DM: ooc move your minis where you want to be when the door opens.
[Tue Jul 17 22:38:49 2007] : Oona: "Ok, it seems the trap has been disabled."
[Tue Jul 17 22:39:02 2007] : Oona: Oona takes her sword in hand and takes a step back
[Tue Jul 17 22:39:05 2007] : Aliatra: "Nope, no oil"
[Tue Jul 17 22:39:13 2007] : Oona: "Door is open"
[Tue Jul 17 22:39:16 2007] : Oona: "your go"
[Tue Jul 17 22:39:18 2007] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jul 17 22:39:20 2007] : Aliatra: "Shal I open it?"
[Tue Jul 17 22:39:45 2007] : Adrin: ooc which way do the doors open?
[Tue Jul 17 22:39:53 2007] : DM: ooc inwards
[Tue Jul 17 22:39:59 2007] : Adrin: ooc ok
[Tue Jul 17 22:40:36 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra opens the door a crack and then kicks it in, sword in hand (providing it opens)
[Tue Jul 17 22:40:38 2007] : Dan: "Hold on a second"
[Tue Jul 17 22:40:46 2007] : Dan: "Ah, never mind"
[Tue Jul 17 22:41:06 2007] : DM: Go on Dan... Aliatra hasn't opened it yet.
[Tue Jul 17 22:41:24 2007] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Shield (level 1) : +4 shield bonus to AC. Protection from MM. (Duration - 1 minute/level)
[Tue Jul 17 22:41:29 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jul 17 22:41:48 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Can I open it now?
[Tue Jul 17 22:41:49 2007] : DM: As Aliatra kicks the door in...
[Tue Jul 17 22:41:53 2007] : DM: [1d20+12] => [15,12] = (27)
[Tue Jul 17 22:42:05 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra takes a good look inside
[Tue Jul 17 22:42:09 2007] : Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [10,2] = (12)
[Tue Jul 17 22:42:42 2007] : DM: Many sharped spikes of metal fall from holes in the door archway, landing on Aliatra and injuring her.
[Tue Jul 17 22:42:47 2007] : DM: [2d6] => [6,1] = (7) damage Ali.
[Tue Jul 17 22:43:09 2007] : Aliatra: "I thought you had disabled it"
[Tue Jul 17 22:43:21 2007] : Oona: "THis is not ane xat science"
[Tue Jul 17 22:43:29 2007] : Oona: *an exact science
[Tue Jul 17 22:43:49 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I liked the previous spelling better ;-)
[Tue Jul 17 22:44:21 2007] : DM: The open door reveals are large, high room with broad columns supporting the ceiling.
[Tue Jul 17 22:44:55 2007] : DM: The room is dark and barely illuminated by smokey, weak oil lamps fixed to the columns.
[Tue Jul 17 22:45:06 2007] : Aliatra: ooc What happened to the spikes? Are they still there, sticking from the ground and generally being in our way?
[Tue Jul 17 22:45:43 2007] : DM: On the side and in the corners are stacked numerous crates and barrals and lumber and other items and junk.
[Tue Jul 17 22:46:14 2007] : DM: In the clear space in the centre are two troglodytes with large, fierce looking lizards straining at their leashes and snarling.
[Tue Jul 17 22:46:35 2007] : DM: Oona, your turn.
[Tue Jul 17 22:47:08 2007] : Oona: Oona peeks inside to take the lay of the room but does not move until the others are in.
[Tue Jul 17 22:47:11 2007] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jul 17 22:47:22 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Fog of war work fine, David :-)
[Tue Jul 17 22:48:41 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Jul 17 22:49:09 2007] : Dan: Dan moves over
[Tue Jul 17 22:49:17 2007] : Dan: ooc any in clear shot?
[Tue Jul 17 22:49:37 2007] : DM: ooc 4 and 3.
[Tue Jul 17 22:49:48 2007] : Dan: Dan shoots at #3
[Tue Jul 17 22:49:52 2007] : Dan: Composite longbow +1 (base): [1d20+9] => [2,9] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Tue Jul 17 22:49:58 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jul 17 22:50:12 2007] : DM: Miss
[Tue Jul 17 22:50:33 2007] : DM: The troglodytes unleash the lizards of war!
[Tue Jul 17 22:50:59 2007] : Adrin: ooc that just sounds bizarre!
[Tue Jul 17 22:51:06 2007] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jul 17 22:51:07 2007] : DM: The attack Aliatra
[Tue Jul 17 22:51:54 2007] : DM: Bite (base): [1d20+5] => [12,5] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] => [7,4] = (11)
[Tue Jul 17 22:51:55 2007] : DM: Bite (base): [1d20+5] => [20,5] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] => [2,4] = (6)
[Tue Jul 17 22:51:56 2007] : DM: Critical hit? [1d20+5] => [11,5] = (16) ===> Damage: [2d8+8] => [8,2,8] = (18)
[Tue Jul 17 22:52:21 2007] : DM: One sinks it's teeth in through a gap in your armour, take 6 damage.
[Tue Jul 17 22:52:43 2007] : Aliatra: "You are so dead!"
[Tue Jul 17 22:52:44 2007] : DM: Two javelins are flung towards Aliatra
[Tue Jul 17 22:52:48 2007] : DM: Javelin (base): [1d20+1] => [1,1] = (2) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Jul 17 22:52:49 2007] : DM: Javelin (base): [1d20+1] => [10,1] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Jul 17 22:53:01 2007] : DM: The clatter harmlessles against the wall.
[Tue Jul 17 22:53:05 2007] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jul 17 22:53:28 2007] : Adrin: Adrin steps round the corner and attacks #1
[Tue Jul 17 22:53:30 2007] : Adrin: Adrin steps round the corner and attacks #1
[Tue Jul 17 22:53:34 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (base): [1d20+10] => [8,10] = (18) ===> Damage: [2d6+4] => [5,6,4] = (15)
[Tue Jul 17 22:53:34 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (second): [1d20+5] => [4,5] = (9) ===> Damage: [2d6+4] => [5,4,4] = (13)
[Tue Jul 17 22:54:13 2007] : DM: A good hit but it's still alive.
[Tue Jul 17 22:54:21 2007] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jul 17 22:54:23 2007] : Adrin: done
[Tue Jul 17 22:54:51 2007] : Oona: ooc you're in the hole Adrin?
[Tue Jul 17 22:55:01 2007] : Oona: ooc ie. here?
[Tue Jul 17 22:55:03 2007] : Aliatra: Slashing at #2
[Tue Jul 17 22:55:08 2007] : Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite +4, MW (base): [1d20+12] => [7,12] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] => [7,3] = (10)
[Tue Jul 17 22:55:14 2007] : DM: ?
[Tue Jul 17 22:55:20 2007] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+11] => [5,11] = (16) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [3,4,5] = (12)
[Tue Jul 17 22:55:24 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Oops
[Tue Jul 17 22:55:27 2007] : Oona: ooc slashing with a longbow?
[Tue Jul 17 22:55:29 2007] : Oona: ooc lol
[Tue Jul 17 22:55:39 2007] : DM: A hit
[Tue Jul 17 22:55:49 2007] : Adrin: ooc yeah, forgot to move the mini
[Tue Jul 17 22:56:02 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I was sure I was holding my sword, but hey, I must have been mistaken ;-)
[Tue Jul 17 22:56:23 2007] : DM: done?
[Tue Jul 17 22:56:43 2007] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jul 17 22:56:49 2007] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Jul 17 22:57:46 2007] : Aliatra: "Adrin, when we're done with these I could give you some extra strenght"
[Tue Jul 17 22:57:50 2007] : Oona: Oona aims with her bow at 1
[Tue Jul 17 22:57:56 2007] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) + PBS (base): [1d20+10] => [8,10] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [1,5] = (6)
[Tue Jul 17 22:58:07 2007] : Oona: ooc sneak?
[Tue Jul 17 22:58:14 2007] : DM: Miss, and you nearly skewer Aliatra.
[Tue Jul 17 22:58:27 2007] : Adrin: "We'll see if need it soon"
[Tue Jul 17 22:58:30 2007] : Oona: ooc wait
[Tue Jul 17 22:58:31 2007] : Aliatra: "Be careful, Oona"
[Tue Jul 17 22:58:34 2007] : Oona: ooc I had my sword in hand
[Tue Jul 17 22:58:41 2007] : DM: (Aliatra is providing cover to the lizard.)
[Tue Jul 17 22:58:48 2007] : Oona: jsut remembered
[Tue Jul 17 22:59:07 2007] : Oona: Oona sheathes her sword and takes her bow in hand
[Tue Jul 17 22:59:15 2007] : Oona: keeping cover behind the wall.
[Tue Jul 17 22:59:16 2007] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jul 17 22:59:32 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Jul 17 22:59:51 2007] : Dan: Dan holds until he has a clear shot
[Tue Jul 17 23:00:13 2007] : Adrin: ooc I've just realised I never updated my stats for the gauntlets of ogre strength
[Tue Jul 17 23:00:13 2007] : ** Yuan-ti found the F3 macro key **
[Tue Jul 17 23:00:13 2007] : Dan: "Guys I can't get a clear shot, one of you step back a bit"
[Tue Jul 17 23:00:20 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jul 17 23:00:23 2007] : DM: The lizards attack Adrin and Ali.
[Tue Jul 17 23:00:30 2007] : DM: Bite (base): [1d20+5] => [3,5] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] => [7,4] = (11)
[Tue Jul 17 23:00:31 2007] : DM: Bite (base): [1d20+5] => [11,5] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] => [6,4] = (10)
[Tue Jul 17 23:00:38 2007] : DM: Javelins are thrown
[Tue Jul 17 23:00:43 2007] : DM: Javelin (base): [1d20+1] => [11,1] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [2,0] = (2)
[Tue Jul 17 23:00:45 2007] : DM: Javelin (base): [1d20+1] => [14,1] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Jul 17 23:00:51 2007] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jul 17 23:01:03 2007] : Adrin: attack #1 again
[Tue Jul 17 23:01:04 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (base): [1d20+11] => [12,11] = (23) ===> Damage: [2d6+4] => [6,6,4] = (16)
[Tue Jul 17 23:01:05 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (second): [1d20+6] => [13,6] = (19) ===> Damage: [2d6+4] => [3,1,4] = (8)
[Tue Jul 17 23:01:15 2007] : DM: Your first strike kills it.
[Tue Jul 17 23:01:30 2007] : Adrin: ooc pity I haven't got Great Cleavage ;)
[Tue Jul 17 23:01:35 2007] : DM: And your backswing kills the 2nd lizard.
[Tue Jul 17 23:01:43 2007] : Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Jul 17 23:02:00 2007] : DM: No it doesn't, the 2nd lizard is severly injured and looks half dead.
[Tue Jul 17 23:02:08 2007] : Dan: ooc 5ft step around the corner adrin
[Tue Jul 17 23:02:09 2007] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jul 17 23:02:31 2007] : DM: done?
[Tue Jul 17 23:02:37 2007] : Adrin: ooc its too far.
[Tue Jul 17 23:03:10 2007] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jul 17 23:03:24 2007] : Aliatra: Swinging at #2 again
[Tue Jul 17 23:03:30 2007] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+11] => [11,11] = (22) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [1,6,5] = (12)
[Tue Jul 17 23:03:42 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Is it dead yet? ;-)
[Tue Jul 17 23:03:56 2007] : Aliatra: Stepping back
[Tue Jul 17 23:03:56 2007] : DM: Aliatra chops the lizard in half.
[Tue Jul 17 23:04:08 2007] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jul 17 23:04:12 2007] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Jul 17 23:04:24 2007] : Dan: ooc can I shoot #3?
[Tue Jul 17 23:04:37 2007] : Oona: Oona springs around the corner and aims at 4
[Tue Jul 17 23:04:41 2007] : Oona: Shortbow, MW MC (+3) (base): [1d20+9] => [17,9] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [5,4] = (9)
[Tue Jul 17 23:04:53 2007] : Oona: ooc sneak?
[Tue Jul 17 23:04:59 2007] : DM: ooc Dan, y#3 still has partial cover from Adrin.
[Tue Jul 17 23:05:07 2007] : Dan: ooc 'k
[Tue Jul 17 23:05:22 2007] : DM: ooc yes, you were hidden.
[Tue Jul 17 23:05:52 2007] : Adrin: ooc If I'd moved 5ft forward he'd have a clear shot
[Tue Jul 17 23:05:59 2007] : DM: ooc sneak damage?
[Tue Jul 17 23:06:09 2007] : Oona: [3d6] => [3,5,3] = (11)
[Tue Jul 17 23:06:36 2007] : DM: One of the troglodytes is killed by a arrow in his neck.
[Tue Jul 17 23:06:50 2007] : Oona: Oona takes 5 ft step back around the corner
[Tue Jul 17 23:06:56 2007] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jul 17 23:07:16 2007] : Dan: ooc can't move twice around a corner
[Tue Jul 17 23:07:23 2007] : Oona: ooc k
[Tue Jul 17 23:07:29 2007] : DM: Before it dies it croaks out some thing in draconic: "Raise the alarm!"
[Tue Jul 17 23:07:43 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Jul 17 23:07:43 2007] : Oona: ooc wait, I can have a full move though right?
[Tue Jul 17 23:07:48 2007] : Dan: "Raise the alarm, he said"
[Tue Jul 17 23:08:00 2007] : Dan: Composite longbow +1 (base): [1d20+9] => [8,9] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] => [6,1] = (7)
[Tue Jul 17 23:08:11 2007] : Dan: Dan moves forward and shoots
[Tue Jul 17 23:08:15 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jul 17 23:08:19 2007] : DM: ooc do you have shot on the run feat? otherwise you can move-shoot-move you can only move-shoot or shoot-move.
[Tue Jul 17 23:08:32 2007] : DM: A hit.
[Tue Jul 17 23:08:32 2007] : Oona: ooc shoot move
[Tue Jul 17 23:08:37 2007] : Oona: I shot, I'm moving
[Tue Jul 17 23:08:44 2007] : Oona: ooc not full move, my bad
[Tue Jul 17 23:08:50 2007] : Dan: ooc you moved first
[Tue Jul 17 23:08:58 2007] : Oona: ooc oops
[Tue Jul 17 23:08:59 2007] : Oona: sorry
[Tue Jul 17 23:09:01 2007] : Dan: ooc you were round the corner
[Tue Jul 17 23:09:08 2007] : DM: The remaing troglodytes make a run for the stairs.
[Tue Jul 17 23:09:09 2007] : Oona: ooc forgot, yes.
[Tue Jul 17 23:10:55 2007] : DM: Those entering the room can see broad stone steps carved into the wall heading upwards. A rickety bannister of wood creaks as the troglodyte grabs hold of it.
[Tue Jul 17 23:11:08 2007] : DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jul 17 23:11:38 2007] : Adrin: ooc well, I think I can reach him, but only just
[Tue Jul 17 23:11:47 2007] : Adrin: ooc can someone else count it too
[Tue Jul 17 23:12:29 2007] : DM: ooc yup, you can reach.
[Tue Jul 17 23:12:43 2007] : Adrin: Adrin chases the Trog and attacks
[Tue Jul 17 23:12:45 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (base): [1d20+11] => [16,11] = (27) ===> Damage: [2d6+4] => [4,5,4] = (13)
[Tue Jul 17 23:12:46 2007] : Adrin: +1 Greatsword (second): [1d20+6] => [15,6] = (21) ===> Damage: [2d6+4] => [6,4,4] = (14)
[Tue Jul 17 23:13:09 2007] : DM: Adrin hacks the last fleeing creature from behind.
[Tue Jul 17 23:13:29 2007] : Aliatra: ooc The coward! :-P
[Tue Jul 17 23:13:37 2007] : Dan: "Ok, we may not have much time"
[Tue Jul 17 23:13:53 2007] : Adrin: Adrin trots down with a smile on his face
[Tue Jul 17 23:13:58 2007] : Dan: "Who knows how long before they are missed"
[Tue Jul 17 23:14:03 2007] : DM: ooc who's level 7 now?
[Tue Jul 17 23:14:11 2007] : Dan: ooc me
[Tue Jul 17 23:14:13 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I am
[Tue Jul 17 23:14:32 2007] : Dan: "Shall we quickly search the room?"
[Tue Jul 17 23:14:36 2007] : Adrin: ooc not me
[Tue Jul 17 23:15:01 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's clean those creatures out first and then take all the time we need"
[Tue Jul 17 23:15:30 2007] : Aliatra: "If there were more here they would hae attacked us by now"
[Tue Jul 17 23:15:31 2007] : Oona: ooc I'll be when we pocket the XP
[Tue Jul 17 23:15:38 2007] : Dan: "I'd rather do a cursory inspection just now"
[Tue Jul 17 23:15:47 2007] : DM: ooc Level 6 character get 375 XP, level 7: 306 XP.
[Tue Jul 17 23:15:52 2007] : Oona: ooc David, are there lots left, because I am dead and need to sleep
[Tue Jul 17 23:15:56 2007] : Dan: "Then a more thorough one later"
[Tue Jul 17 23:16:15 2007] : DM: ooc I was going to end once you'd searched this room.
[Tue Jul 17 23:16:31 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I already was level 7 before tonight, David
[Tue Jul 17 23:16:46 2007] : Adrin: ooc show off
[Tue Jul 17 23:16:51 2007] : Oona: ooc ok
[Tue Jul 17 23:17:13 2007] : Oona: Oona starts searching the room, cautious as always, jsut in case there are traps again
[Tue Jul 17 23:17:16 2007] : DM: In the far corner of the room and a set of gloomy narrow and crooked stairs leading down.
[Tue Jul 17 23:17:17 2007] : Oona: Search Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [2,12] = (14)
[Tue Jul 17 23:18:16 2007] : Aliatra: "I'm willing to bet we'll find the prisoner down there"
[Tue Jul 17 23:18:22 2007] : DM: As for the contents of the room? If it's listed in the PHB as a mundane, inexpensive item you can find it here. 10 ft poles, lots of rations all carefully packed, rope, shackles etc. etc.
[Tue Jul 17 23:18:24 2007] : Dan: Search Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [4,7] = (11)
[Tue Jul 17 23:18:43 2007] : DM: GAME END