Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue Jul 10 19:48:22 2007] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Jul 10 19:49:27 2007] : Dan: "So I guess that we need to get the boat back to the main ship and head over to the other island"
[Tue Jul 10 19:49:33 2007] : DM: You've been hired by the king's agent Franceza to investigate the Carnelian Isles, a small group of islands which rich mineral resources that was abandoned some 50 years ago in mysterious circumstances.
[Tue Jul 10 19:50:26 2007] : DM: Having made you way to the islands in two ships, the HMS Endurance and HMS Endevour you landed in the principle island, Leeward Island.
[Tue Jul 10 19:50:49 2007] : DM: Along the way you fought off Doppelganger, glass eye and lizardfolk attacks.
[Tue Jul 10 19:51:31 2007] : DM: The island settlement for the miners was deserted and in decay.
[Tue Jul 10 19:52:36 2007] : DM: When exploring the islands you made contact with a small village of lizardfolk who mentioned their leader was imprisoned on Overwatch island.
[Tue Jul 10 19:53:15 2007] : DM: But before you looked into that, you entered the mine and slew an earth elemental.
[Tue Jul 10 19:54:10 2007] : DM: You also have a note found on a lizardfolk shaman's body saying: "Kill the intruders. Remember who we hold hostage -- Thandas Anath."
[Tue Jul 10 19:55:07 2007] : DM: It's now late afternoon and you're outside the main mine entrance.
[Tue Jul 10 19:55:29 2007] : Aliatra: "Are we done here?"
[Tue Jul 10 19:57:03 2007] : Alohoma: "Done, probably, but a little healing, anyone?"
[Tue Jul 10 19:57:03 2007] : Dan: "So I guess that we need to get the boat back to the main ship and head over to the other island"
[Tue Jul 10 19:57:42 2007] : Aliatra: "Nothing to do here, is there?"
[Tue Jul 10 19:58:30 2007] : Dan: "I cannot help you Alohoma"
[Tue Jul 10 19:58:50 2007] : Alohoma: ooc oops
[Tue Jul 10 19:58:52 2007] : Alohoma: wrong name
[Tue Jul 10 19:58:57 2007] : Aliatra: "Huh? Help me?"
[Tue Jul 10 19:59:28 2007] : Alohoma: "Help me"
[Tue Jul 10 19:59:32 2007] : Aliatra: "Tis but a scratch"
[Tue Jul 10 19:59:52 2007] : Alohoma: ooc hmmm
[Tue Jul 10 20:00:00 2007] : Alohoma: ooc won't take my name change
[Tue Jul 10 20:00:21 2007] : DM: ooc I saw it change.
[Tue Jul 10 20:00:25 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Weird
[Tue Jul 10 20:00:52 2007] : DM: ooc in the list i mean. try chaging it via settings.
[Tue Jul 10 20:00:53 2007] : Alohoma: ooc let me try
[Tue Jul 10 20:00:58 2007] : Alohoma: ooc I did
[Tue Jul 10 20:01:03 2007] : Alohoma: ooc as well as in chat
[Tue Jul 10 20:01:06 2007] : Alohoma: weeeeird
[Tue Jul 10 20:01:26 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3) Alohoma...
[Tue Jul 10 20:01:31 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (2) Dan...
[Tue Jul 10 20:01:38 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (4) Aliatra...
[Tue Jul 10 20:01:52 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I just changed my nick at the start of the session: no porblem
[Tue Jul 10 20:02:26 2007] : Works for me: Works here.
[Tue Jul 10 20:02:38 2007] : Dan: ooc says Oona now
[Tue Jul 10 20:02:44 2007] : DM: ooc brb
[Tue Jul 10 20:02:45 2007] : Alohoma: ooc ok
[Tue Jul 10 20:02:53 2007] : Alohoma: it says Alohoma on my screen!
[Tue Jul 10 20:02:57 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I still see Alohoma
[Tue Jul 10 20:02:57 2007] : Dan: ooc now it's changed back again
[Tue Jul 10 20:03:02 2007] : Alohoma: lol
[Tue Jul 10 20:03:02 2007] : Alohoma: ok
[Tue Jul 10 20:03:03 2007] : Alohoma: brb
[Tue Jul 10 20:03:24 2007] : Alohoma: Disconnecting from server...
[Tue Jul 10 20:03:24 2007] : Alohoma (exit): 20:03
[Tue Jul 10 20:03:52 2007] : Oona (enter): 20:03
[Tue Jul 10 20:04:02 2007] : Oona: ooc sorry
[Tue Jul 10 20:04:19 2007] : Oona: "So noone can heal me? Well, i guess I'll gulp one of those precious potions"
[Tue Jul 10 20:04:39 2007] : DM: ooc aren't several people really quite injured from the elemental?
[Tue Jul 10 20:04:45 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I never saw that, sorry
[Tue Jul 10 20:04:58 2007] : Aliatra: "Let me help you"
[Tue Jul 10 20:05:01 2007] : DM: ooc you could just return to the ship and rest and start fresh tomorrow or the day after.
[Tue Jul 10 20:05:12 2007] : Oona: ooc yes, but a night's sleep won't heal me ;)
[Tue Jul 10 20:05:22 2007] : DM: ooc Dan's probably out of spells too.
[Tue Jul 10 20:05:25 2007] : Aliatra: ooc How much down?
[Tue Jul 10 20:05:38 2007] : Oona: "Ah, thank you. I think we should return to the ship and rest anyway"
[Tue Jul 10 20:05:44 2007] : Oona: ooc 29
[Tue Jul 10 20:05:48 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra gets her wand out of her pack
[Tue Jul 10 20:05:51 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [4,1] = (5)
[Tue Jul 10 20:05:53 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Tue Jul 10 20:05:54 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [4,1] = (5)
[Tue Jul 10 20:05:55 2007] : Dan: ooc I'm not injured, but my spells are very low
[Tue Jul 10 20:05:59 2007] : Aliatra: [1d8+1] => [8,1] = (9)
[Tue Jul 10 20:06:08 2007] : Dan: ooc That was why I suggested that we rest on the main ship
[Tue Jul 10 20:06:13 2007] : Aliatra: ooc 21 back
[Tue Jul 10 20:06:21 2007] : Aliatra: "Feeling better now?"
[Tue Jul 10 20:08:53 2007] : DM: So what are you doing?
[Tue Jul 10 20:09:19 2007] : Oona: "much better"
[Tue Jul 10 20:09:22 2007] : Oona: "Thank you"
[Tue Jul 10 20:09:23 2007] : Dan: Dan sets off in the direction of the dinghy
[Tue Jul 10 20:09:35 2007] : Oona: Oona follows Dan
[Tue Jul 10 20:09:41 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra follows
[Tue Jul 10 20:10:32 2007] : Dan: "Let's get back onboard the main boat before sundown"
[Tue Jul 10 20:10:37 2007] : DM: You find the rowboat where you left it.
[Tue Jul 10 20:10:58 2007] : Aliatra: ""
[Tue Jul 10 20:11:09 2007] : Aliatra: "Well, that's a relief"
[Tue Jul 10 20:11:47 2007] : Dan: "Indeed"
[Tue Jul 10 20:12:10 2007] : Oona: "My take would be that the lizard folk will let us be for now"
[Tue Jul 10 20:12:50 2007] : Aliatra: "They'd better, or I'll kill their cheif myself"
[Tue Jul 10 20:12:55 2007] : Aliatra: chief
[Tue Jul 10 20:13:14 2007] : Dan: ooc can we see the main boats still?
[Tue Jul 10 20:13:51 2007] : DM: Yep. They're some 500 m off shore.
[Tue Jul 10 20:15:06 2007] : Dan: "Let's head back. Once we're aboard I'll summon a porpoise to push us as we row"
[Tue Jul 10 20:15:33 2007] : Aliatra: "I like that!"
[Tue Jul 10 20:16:00 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra jumps on borad and grabs an oar
[Tue Jul 10 20:18:06 2007] : Dan: Once all four of us are aboard and we have pushed off into slightly deeper water, Dan casts Summon 1 and gets the porpoise to push the boat for 6 rounds
[Tue Jul 10 20:18:45 2007] : DM: You eventually make it safely to HMS endurance where you climb aboard.
[Tue Jul 10 20:19:05 2007] : Aliatra: "I could do with a rest myself"
[Tue Jul 10 20:20:14 2007] : Dan: "We should first give the captain some information and request to go sail to the next island while we rest"
[Tue Jul 10 20:21:43 2007] : Capt Randolf: "There's better anchorage in the central lagoon."
[Tue Jul 10 20:22:07 2007] : Dan: "I'll bow to your expertise there captain"
[Tue Jul 10 20:22:21 2007] : Capt Randolf: The captain indicated Overwatch island on the charts. "But you'll need to make sure this island here is clear and doesn't pose a threat."
[Tue Jul 10 20:22:44 2007] : Dan: ""In what way?"
[Tue Jul 10 20:22:52 2007] : Capt Randolf: "No, I mean this island (points to The Sentinel), sorry."
[Tue Jul 10 20:23:27 2007] : Capt Randolf: "By all accounts is a barren, rocky island with only a old ruined temple on it. Shouldn't take you too long to check it out."
[Tue Jul 10 20:23:30 2007] : Dan: "So we must first go to Sentinel Island?"
[Tue Jul 10 20:24:31 2007] : Capt Randolf: "I believe that would be the safest course of action. I wouldn't want to be caught out in the open seas here if a storm should start."
[Tue Jul 10 20:24:56 2007] : Oona: "Whatever you think is best. I am going to rest for now"
[Tue Jul 10 20:25:06 2007] : Aliatra: "So first for shelter then"
[Tue Jul 10 20:25:21 2007] : Dan: "Again, I have no experience of the sea, so I take your advice"
[Tue Jul 10 20:26:13 2007] : Capt Randolf: "I can sail to this channel between all the rocks and islets here and anchor for the night. The barometer is steady so a storm isn't likely tonight. And then you can make a start on the morrow."
[Tue Jul 10 20:26:41 2007] : Aliatra: "That sounds great"
[Tue Jul 10 20:27:37 2007] : Oona: "Yes, steady sounds good"
[Tue Jul 10 20:27:59 2007] : Dan: "Goodnight Captain. We'll take our rest now"
[Tue Jul 10 20:28:50 2007] : Dan: Dan heads off to the cabin
[Tue Jul 10 20:29:02 2007] : DM: The following morning, anchored of the north east of The Sentinel, you get a good view of the small island.
[Tue Jul 10 20:29:12 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Lesser Restoration should take care of my Dex damage, right?
[Tue Jul 10 20:29:36 2007] : DM: A strange, flickering dim light can be seen at the top of the island.
[Tue Jul 10 20:29:38 2007] : DM: ooc yes.
[Tue Jul 10 20:30:02 2007] : DM: Amongst what appear to be ruined pillers or walls.
[Tue Jul 10 20:30:58 2007] : Aliatra: After prayers, Aliatra casts a spell on herself [1d4] => [2] = (2)
[Tue Jul 10 20:31:12 2007] : DM: [1d20+18] => [12,18] = (30)
[Tue Jul 10 20:31:15 2007] : Dan: Dan peers as best as he can at the light
[Tue Jul 10 20:31:22 2007] : Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [15,5] = (20)
[Tue Jul 10 20:32:32 2007] : Aliatra: "What is that?"
[Tue Jul 10 20:32:37 2007] : Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [13,2] = (15)
[Tue Jul 10 20:32:42 2007] : DM: You're too far away to see what it is, it changes colours ever few seconds, from pale blue to red to white to orange in a random pattern.
[Tue Jul 10 20:32:53 2007] : DM: Occasionally the light goes to dim to see.
[Tue Jul 10 20:33:24 2007] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [18,9] = (27)
[Tue Jul 10 20:33:56 2007] : Aliatra: "I can't remember ever having seen anything like it"
[Tue Jul 10 20:35:02 2007] : Dan: "Nor me"
[Tue Jul 10 20:35:12 2007] : Capt Randolf: "You know what's odd about that light, you only see it from certain angles. Not much use as a light house."
[Tue Jul 10 20:35:49 2007] : Aliatra: "Has that light always been here, as far as you know, captain?"
[Tue Jul 10 20:36:09 2007] : Capt Randolf: "The charts don't mention it."
[Tue Jul 10 20:36:47 2007] : Aliatra: "And they should have? So a fairly recent development then"
[Tue Jul 10 20:37:08 2007] : Capt Randolf: "Don't really know."
[Tue Jul 10 20:38:21 2007] : Aliatra: "Well, with recent I mean from the last 50 years or so"
[Tue Jul 10 20:38:32 2007] : Capt Randolf: The captain shrugs
[Tue Jul 10 20:39:04 2007] : Dan: "So let's see what it is"
[Tue Jul 10 20:39:20 2007] : Dan: Captain, do you have any charting equipment?"
[Tue Jul 10 20:39:42 2007] : Capt Randolf: "Naturally. What do you need?"
[Tue Jul 10 20:39:56 2007] : Dan: "I have some skill in the arts, so perhaps I can be of assistance as a cartographer?"
[Tue Jul 10 20:40:45 2007] : Aliatra: "What do we need charts for? We know where we are: hundreds of miles away from civilisation"
[Tue Jul 10 20:40:49 2007] : Capt Randolf: "The charts we have seen accurate enough. And unless you're trained you won't do a better job."
[Tue Jul 10 20:40:56 2007] : Oona: OOna smirks
[Tue Jul 10 20:41:26 2007] : Dan: "OK, but as they say a picture says a thousand words. I'll wager that our sponsor would prefer me to paint what that is"
[Tue Jul 10 20:42:04 2007] : Dan: "Oona, I made a suggestion in earnest, you find that amusing?"
[Tue Jul 10 20:42:53 2007] : Capt Randolf: "What equipment I have you may use of course."
[Tue Jul 10 20:43:55 2007] : Dan: "It's fine, i have pens and paper enough, and if your charts are already detailed, then as you say it seems unlikely that I'll better them"
[Tue Jul 10 20:44:40 2007] : Oona: "No, Dan, I was smiling at Aliatra's remark"
[Tue Jul 10 20:44:48 2007] : Capt Randolf: ooc brb
[Tue Jul 10 20:45:08 2007] : Oona: "we *are* indeed miles away from all civilisation"
[Tue Jul 10 20:45:28 2007] : Dan: "Yes, hence the need for cartography"
[Tue Jul 10 20:45:40 2007] : Dan: Dan rolls his eyes
[Tue Jul 10 20:45:44 2007] : Capt Randolf: ooc back
[Tue Jul 10 20:46:31 2007] : Dan: "As it is there are apparently already maps of the island. Something of which I was not already aware, but now am"
[Tue Jul 10 20:46:49 2007] : Aliatra: "One island or the next, what does it matter? Just as long as the captain can take us back it's all the same to me"
[Tue Jul 10 20:47:51 2007] : Dan: "Cartography is knowledge, and we should always seek to expand ours"
[Tue Jul 10 20:47:54 2007] : Capt Randolf: ooc they're actually nautical charts not maps -- they don't show much of the islands' interiors.
[Tue Jul 10 20:48:32 2007] : Oona: "I am more into smaller area maps"
[Tue Jul 10 20:48:57 2007] : Oona: "But please, I do believe that this would be a good thing to bring back in any case"
[Tue Jul 10 20:49:08 2007] : Oona: "Those islands have beenn left to themselves way too long"
[Tue Jul 10 20:49:14 2007] : Aliatra: "I'm all for maps to the next city, the type of city with decent inns"
[Tue Jul 10 20:50:04 2007] : Dan: "If you will captain, I'll take some parchment and inks to create an interior map"
[Tue Jul 10 20:51:30 2007] : Capt Randolf: The request materials are made available.
[Tue Jul 10 20:51:37 2007] : Capt Randolf: The requested materials are made available.
[Tue Jul 10 20:51:59 2007] : Oona: "Does it need to be now though? Or wouldn'"t we rather go on?"
[Tue Jul 10 20:52:10 2007] : Dan: Dan packs them into his handy haversack and preps for the island
[Tue Jul 10 20:52:37 2007] : Dan: "I'll sketch roughly as we go and fill in details later. I have an impeccable memory"
[Tue Jul 10 20:52:54 2007] : Oona: "OK."
[Tue Jul 10 20:53:23 2007] : Aliatra: "Just be careful your ink bottles don't break: that gives quite a mess"
[Tue Jul 10 20:54:16 2007] : Capt Randolf: ooc I don't think things inside bags of holding and handy haversacks can be damaged by outside forces.
[Tue Jul 10 20:54:53 2007] : DM: Some of the crew row you ashore to a small shingle beach.
[Tue Jul 10 20:54:55 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Neither do I, just trying to rile Dan a bit
[Tue Jul 10 20:55:38 2007] : DM: The sentinel is only a 300 meters long and 150 m wide.
[Tue Jul 10 20:56:17 2007] : Aliatra: "At least we can't get lost here, map or no map"
[Tue Jul 10 20:56:41 2007] : DM: The mysterious light is situated at the highest point of the island and is roughly oval is shape and you guess it's about 2m high and 1 m wide.
[Tue Jul 10 20:56:49 2007] : Dan: ooc I didn't realise it was so small ;)
[Tue Jul 10 20:57:29 2007] : DM: The terrain is predominately large angular boulders with small clumbs of grasses and flowering plants clinging on in the nooks and crannies.
[Tue Jul 10 20:57:38 2007] : Aliatra: "A luminent egg shape thingy?"
[Tue Jul 10 20:57:59 2007] : DM: It looks flat not egg shaped.
[Tue Jul 10 20:58:17 2007] : DM: Eliptical not ovoid.
[Tue Jul 10 20:58:36 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Ah, I see
[Tue Jul 10 20:58:54 2007] : Aliatra: "Let's go to the light, but carefully"
[Tue Jul 10 20:59:57 2007] : Oona: "Let me scout ahead?"
[Tue Jul 10 21:00:23 2007] : Oona: Oona tries to hide, going from one boulder to the next as silently as she can
[Tue Jul 10 21:00:28 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+10] => [13,10] = (23)
[Tue Jul 10 21:00:29 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [6,9] = (15)
[Tue Jul 10 21:00:34 2007] : Dan: Dan casts a spell
[Tue Jul 10 21:00:46 2007] : Dan: Aryadan Casts - Metamagic Extend: Mage Armour (level 2): Gives subject +4 armor bonus for 2 hours/level
[Tue Jul 10 21:01:03 2007] : DM: Spot check Oona.
[Tue Jul 10 21:01:07 2007] : Aliatra: Softly: "Like nobody could have seen us row in"
[Tue Jul 10 21:02:45 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra grins as she wait for Oona's signal
[Tue Jul 10 21:03:07 2007] : Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [20,9] = (29)
[Tue Jul 10 21:05:30 2007] : Oona: ooc did you guys stop
[Tue Jul 10 21:05:35 2007] : Oona: ooc or follow?
[Tue Jul 10 21:05:53 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I stopped
[Tue Jul 10 21:06:10 2007] : Oona: Oona slowly goes back on her own tracks
[Tue Jul 10 21:06:27 2007] : Oona: Oona gets back to her companions and whispers
[Tue Jul 10 21:06:34 2007] : Oona: "Ok, there's something out there"
[Tue Jul 10 21:06:51 2007] : Oona: "It's large and scaly"
[Tue Jul 10 21:07:03 2007] : Oona: "Not sure if it's friend of foe"
[Tue Jul 10 21:08:06 2007] : Aliatra: ""When in doubt: kill it before it kills you"
[Tue Jul 10 21:08:27 2007] : Aliatra: "Large, scaly and what else?"
[Tue Jul 10 21:08:33 2007] : Dan: ooc just looking at it should have given you a knowledge roll, if you have the relevant skill that is
[Tue Jul 10 21:08:47 2007] : Oona: ooc yeah, trying to see what it is
[Tue Jul 10 21:08:56 2007] : Oona: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [10,6] = (16)
[Tue Jul 10 21:10:18 2007] : Oona: "I'm not sure what it is. Looks a bit of those lizard folk's family you know. Snake-like"
[Tue Jul 10 21:10:27 2007] : Oona: "But tell you what it is... I can't"
[Tue Jul 10 21:10:42 2007] : Oona: ooc /me wonders if one can do rolls in the whisper window
[Tue Jul 10 21:10:46 2007] : Oona: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [15,6] = (21)
[Tue Jul 10 21:10:51 2007] : Oona: ooc nope :)
[Tue Jul 10 21:11:10 2007] : Oona: ooc I didn't reroll, it was a test :)
[Tue Jul 10 21:11:31 2007] : Oona: "Well, it's big enough and it's hard to make out since it is the color of those pilalrs"
[Tue Jul 10 21:11:39 2007] : Aliatra: ooc You could of course ask the DM to roll for you
[Tue Jul 10 21:11:59 2007] : Aliatra: "Where does the coloured light come from?"
[Tue Jul 10 21:12:13 2007] : Oona: "Anyway. I think we should take it by surprise. Or at least be ready to defend ourselves"
[Tue Jul 10 21:12:31 2007] : DM: An oval thing in the centre of the pillars.
[Tue Jul 10 21:12:53 2007] : Oona: OOna unsheathes her sword and readies her dagger.
[Tue Jul 10 21:13:17 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Just wondering if it came from the creature, so I asked Oona
[Tue Jul 10 21:13:35 2007] : Dan: "I could cast a spell on it from quite a distance"
[Tue Jul 10 21:13:42 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra gest her sword out
[Tue Jul 10 21:14:04 2007] : Oona: ooc I need to test my weapons for a sec
[Tue Jul 10 21:14:09 2007] : Oona: Sword, short +1 (base): [1d20+8] => [5,8] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [3,4] = (7)
[Tue Jul 10 21:14:15 2007] : Oona: Dagger MW - 2W - OHand (base): [1d20+6] => [19,6] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d4+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Tue Jul 10 21:14:15 2007] : Oona: Critical hit? [1d20+6] => [20,6] = (26) ===> Damage: [2d4+2] => [1,1,2] = (4)
[Tue Jul 10 21:14:24 2007] : Oona: Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand (base): [1d20+6] => [1,6] = (7) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [6,4] = (10)
[Tue Jul 10 21:14:33 2007] : Oona: ooc thx, sorry
[Tue Jul 10 21:15:43 2007] : DM: Roll initiative
[Tue Jul 10 21:15:48 2007] : Oona: Initiative: [1d20+9] => [15,9] = (24)
[Tue Jul 10 21:15:50 2007] : DM: [1d20+5] => [5,5] = (10)
[Tue Jul 10 21:16:11 2007] : Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] => [19,7] = (26)
[Tue Jul 10 21:16:57 2007] : Dan: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [4,5] = (9)
[Tue Jul 10 21:17:13 2007] : Aliatra: "Oona, would you lead the way?"
[Tue Jul 10 21:17:37 2007] : DM: Aliatra's turn.
[Tue Jul 10 21:18:10 2007] : Oona: "Yes"
[Tue Jul 10 21:18:37 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra walks towards where the creatue's at
[Tue Jul 10 21:18:39 2007] : Oona: ooc where are we coming from?
[Tue Jul 10 21:19:14 2007] : DM: ooc the eastish which is the bottom of the map.
[Tue Jul 10 21:20:11 2007] : Dan: ooc - aha, there we are!
[Tue Jul 10 21:20:35 2007] : DM: ooc How far do you go Aliatra?
[Tue Jul 10 21:21:06 2007] : Aliatra: ooc One full move, not in any particular hurry (yet)
[Tue Jul 10 21:21:38 2007] : DM: ooc 40 ft.
[Tue Jul 10 21:22:12 2007] : Aliatra: ooc I though I did something wrong mwhen my miniature jumped ahead all of a sudden ;)
[Tue Jul 10 21:22:14 2007] : DM: ooc Ooa, how can you be ahead of the others when you haven't had a turn yet.
[Tue Jul 10 21:22:25 2007] : DM: Oona, your turn.
[Tue Jul 10 21:22:30 2007] : Oona: ooc same for me, one fll move. Keeping a low profile though (so not leading the way)
[Tue Jul 10 21:22:37 2007] : Oona: *full
[Tue Jul 10 21:22:43 2007] : Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+10] => [2,10] = (12)
[Tue Jul 10 21:22:51 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [5,9] = (14)
[Tue Jul 10 21:23:01 2007] : Oona: ooc that halves my speed or something?
[Tue Jul 10 21:23:20 2007] : DM: ooc yes.
[Tue Jul 10 21:24:17 2007] : Dan: ooc how much is each square? 10 ft?
[Tue Jul 10 21:24:17 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Move siliently is *very* useful when walking with a fighter ;-)
[Tue Jul 10 21:24:36 2007] : Oona: done
[Tue Jul 10 21:25:05 2007] : DM: ooc you can move 30 ft.
[Tue Jul 10 21:26:37 2007] : DM: The large, greyish creature move and peers from around the pillar. It looks like a big serpent except it has two burly humanoid arms which are drawing a large bow and aiming at Aliatra
[Tue Jul 10 21:26:51 2007] : DM: [1d20+10] => [14,10] = (24)
[Tue Jul 10 21:26:56 2007] : DM: [1d20+5] => [16,5] = (21)
[Tue Jul 10 21:27:26 2007] : DM: Two arrow pierce Aliatra. for [2d6+4] => [3,2,4] = (9) and [2d6+4] => [3,5,4] = (12) damage
[Tue Jul 10 21:27:47 2007] : DM: Dan, your turn.
[Tue Jul 10 21:28:12 2007] : Aliatra: "Shit! No need to be careful now, let's just kill it"
[Tue Jul 10 21:28:33 2007] : Dan: ooc can I see the creature, and if so, what knowledge do I need?
[Tue Jul 10 21:28:57 2007] : DM: ooc nature
[Tue Jul 10 21:29:04 2007] : Dan: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Jul 10 21:29:40 2007] : Dan: Dan casts a spell, then points at the creature
[Tue Jul 10 21:29:52 2007] : Dan: Araydan casts Melf's Acid Arrow - lasts 3 rounds (base): [1d20+8] => [17,8] = (25) ===> Damage: [2d4+0] => [2,4,0] = (6)
[Tue Jul 10 21:30:28 2007] : DM: The arrow splashes against the creature scaly skin.
[Tue Jul 10 21:30:42 2007] : Dan: Dan ducks in whatever concealment is available
[Tue Jul 10 21:30:47 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jul 10 21:30:57 2007] : Dan: ooc it's a ranged touch attack BTW
[Tue Jul 10 21:31:08 2007] : DM: ooc it hit.
[Tue Jul 10 21:31:27 2007] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jul 10 21:31:30 2007] : Dan: ooc ah
[Tue Jul 10 21:32:11 2007] : Aliatra: Running forward
[Tue Jul 10 21:33:04 2007] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jul 10 21:33:50 2007] : DM: ooc you can move 20 ft x 3 x 2 = 120 ft.
[Tue Jul 10 21:34:26 2007] : Aliatra: Done :)
[Tue Jul 10 21:34:44 2007] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Jul 10 21:34:51 2007] : Oona: Running forward as well, taking cover behind a pillar
[Tue Jul 10 21:35:38 2007] : Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [4,9] = (13)
[Tue Jul 10 21:35:41 2007] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jul 10 21:35:53 2007] : DM: ooc For aliatra it was 20 ft base speed, run is x3, double move.
[Tue Jul 10 21:36:25 2007] : Dan: ooc but a run IS a full move - top distance is 60ft
[Tue Jul 10 21:36:28 2007] : DM: The snakeman starts casting a spell at Aliatra.
[Tue Jul 10 21:36:57 2007] : Dan: ooc or so I thought.
[Tue Jul 10 21:37:20 2007] : DM: ooc er... yes that's right.
[Tue Jul 10 21:37:47 2007] : Oona: ooc oh so I have to go back?
[Tue Jul 10 21:38:15 2007] : Dan: ooc Oona's top speed at a run is 120ft
[Tue Jul 10 21:38:26 2007] : Dan: ooc same as Dan's
[Tue Jul 10 21:38:38 2007] : Oona: ooc ok. so I'm good
[Tue Jul 10 21:38:43 2007] : DM: The snakeman starts casting a spell at Aliatra...
[Tue Jul 10 21:38:56 2007] : DM: Foritude save Aliatra
[Tue Jul 10 21:39:48 2007] : Aliatra: Fortitude save: [1d20+9] => [16,9] = (25)
[Tue Jul 10 21:39:50 2007] : Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+16] => [6,16] = (22)
[Tue Jul 10 21:39:59 2007] : Aliatra: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [11,2] = (13)
[Tue Jul 10 21:40:31 2007] : DM: The Baleful polymorph spell doesn't affect Aliatra.
[Tue Jul 10 21:40:39 2007] : DM: Dan, your turn
[Tue Jul 10 21:40:53 2007] : Dan: Acid damage [2d4] => [3,3] = (6)
[Tue Jul 10 21:41:44 2007] : Dan: Dan moves closer
[Tue Jul 10 21:42:04 2007] : Dan: Dan shoots at the creature
[Tue Jul 10 21:42:11 2007] : Dan: Composite longbow +1 (base): [1d20+9] => [9,9] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Tue Jul 10 21:42:21 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jul 10 21:42:30 2007] : DM: Your arrow bounces off it's scaly hide.
[Tue Jul 10 21:42:36 2007] : DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Tue Jul 10 21:43:02 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra closes the gap and swings at the creature
[Tue Jul 10 21:43:17 2007] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+11] => [9,11] = (20) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [5,5,5] = (15)
[Tue Jul 10 21:43:51 2007] : Aliatra: DOne
[Tue Jul 10 21:44:36 2007] : DM: Miss.
[Tue Jul 10 21:44:41 2007] : DM: Oona, your turn.
[Tue Jul 10 21:45:19 2007] : Dan: brb
[Tue Jul 10 21:45:32 2007] : DM: ooc forgot to mention the snakeman had dropped his bow and drew his sword last turn, sorry.
[Tue Jul 10 21:46:12 2007] : Oona: Seeing Dan's arrow bounce off, Oona realizes that her bow won't do better and decided to keep to her sword and dagger
[Tue Jul 10 21:46:25 2007] : Oona: Oona gets closer to the thing and strikes
[Tue Jul 10 21:46:41 2007] : DM: ooc I didn't mean to imply it had damage resistance.
[Tue Jul 10 21:47:09 2007] : Oona: ooc no, but I realized I'd be more powerful with my swords anyway
[Tue Jul 10 21:47:23 2007] : DM: ooc if you get behind and flank you'll sneak attack.
[Tue Jul 10 21:47:28 2007] : Dan: ooc back
[Tue Jul 10 21:47:30 2007] : Oona: ooc I know *where* to strike ;-)
[Tue Jul 10 21:47:42 2007] : Oona: ooc I suppose this is not a sneak attack though?
[Tue Jul 10 21:48:00 2007] : DM: ooc not where you are currently.
[Tue Jul 10 21:49:05 2007] : Oona: Steel Bronze dagger 2W - OHand (base): [1d20+11] => [9,11] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d4+2] => [1,2] = (3)
[Tue Jul 10 21:49:08 2007] : Oona: Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand (base): [1d20+6] => [9,6] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] => [5,4] = (9)
[Tue Jul 10 21:49:24 2007] : DM: Two misses.
[Tue Jul 10 21:49:30 2007] : Oona: ooc sorry, the second one
[Tue Jul 10 21:49:39 2007] : Oona: ooc that was a ful move I did, no?
[Tue Jul 10 21:49:43 2007] : Oona: ooc yeah.
[Tue Jul 10 21:50:00 2007] : Oona: ooc what's that creature's reach?
[Tue Jul 10 21:50:07 2007] : DM: ooc 10 ft.
[Tue Jul 10 21:50:36 2007] : Dan: ooc So it gets an AoO as she closes in?
[Tue Jul 10 21:51:05 2007] : DM: Those close to the monster see a heavy chain attached to a ring in it's tail. The chain trails along the ground is fixed to the metal loop embedded in a rock.
[Tue Jul 10 21:51:13 2007] : DM: AoO;
[Tue Jul 10 21:51:18 2007] : DM: Scimitar (#1) (base): [1d20+13] => [19,13] = (32) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] => [6,4] = (10)
[Tue Jul 10 21:51:18 2007] : DM: Critical hit? [1d20+13] => [13,13] = (26) ===> Damage: [2d8+8] => [6,6,8] = (20)
[Tue Jul 10 21:51:46 2007] : Oona: Oona almost falls under the hit
[Tue Jul 10 21:51:48 2007] : DM: As Oona stabs from the side the snakeman swings his sword and cuts deep.
[Tue Jul 10 21:52:42 2007] : DM: The enraged monster attacks aliatra with sword and teeth
[Tue Jul 10 21:52:44 2007] : DM: Scimitar (#1) (base): [1d20+13] => [8,13] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] => [5,4] = (9)
[Tue Jul 10 21:52:46 2007] : DM: Scimitar (#2) (base): [1d20+8] => [10,8] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] => [1,4] = (5)
[Tue Jul 10 21:52:48 2007] : DM: Bite (base): [1d20+7] => [20,7] = (27) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] => [3,3,3] = (9)
[Tue Jul 10 21:52:48 2007] : DM: Critical hit? [1d20+7] => [5,7] = (12) ===> Damage: [4d6+6] => [3,5,5,1,6] = (20)
[Tue Jul 10 21:52:55 2007] : DM: Grapple (base): [1d20+17] => [12,17] = (29) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Jul 10 21:53:08 2007] : DM: Aliatra, an opposed grapple roll please
[Tue Jul 10 21:53:26 2007] : DM: And take 18 damage
[Tue Jul 10 21:53:27 2007] : Aliatra: Grapple (base): [1d20+10] => [15,10] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Jul 10 21:54:17 2007] : DM: The snakeman rapidly loops it's long snake-like body around aliatra and squeezes.
[Tue Jul 10 21:54:24 2007] : DM: Take another [1d6+6] => [3,6] = (9) damage.
[Tue Jul 10 21:54:31 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra bleeds profusely
[Tue Jul 10 21:54:51 2007] : Oona: ooc can you draw where the metal hoop is?
[Tue Jul 10 21:55:23 2007] : DM: An acid slimy oozes out between the monsters scales burning aliatras flesh for [5d6] => [2,4,3,5,1] = (15) damage
[Tue Jul 10 21:55:35 2007] : Oona: ooc wasn't the creature busy with Ali already when I closed in?
[Tue Jul 10 21:55:46 2007] : DM: The chain is fastened just beneath the oval of fuzzy, shifting light in the centre of the pillars.
[Tue Jul 10 21:56:03 2007] : Dan: ooc still gets an AoO, as do you if something leaves your threat area
[Tue Jul 10 21:56:20 2007] : DM: ooc actually don't apply the acid damage just yet.
[Tue Jul 10 21:56:21 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra hangs limply in the creatures embrace, white as a sheet
[Tue Jul 10 21:56:43 2007] : Aliatra: ooc OK
[Tue Jul 10 21:56:44 2007] : DM: Dan?
[Tue Jul 10 21:56:58 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Not hanging that limple then
[Tue Jul 10 21:57:13 2007] : Dan: Dan, watching what is happening tries to think quickly
[Tue Jul 10 21:57:40 2007] : Dan: Acid damage [2d4] => [1,4] = (5)
[Tue Jul 10 21:58:04 2007] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 3 Missiles:
1st missile - [1d4+1] => [3,1] = (4) damage
2nd missile - [1d4+1] => [3,1] = (4) damage
3rd missile - [1d4+1] => [1,1] = (2) damage

[Tue Jul 10 21:58:17 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jul 10 21:58:21 2007] : DM: ooc I've just notice it also has spell resistance
[Tue Jul 10 21:58:30 2007] : DM: Roll to beat the SR.
[Tue Jul 10 21:59:00 2007] : Dan: 1d20 + CL?
[Tue Jul 10 21:59:13 2007] : DM: ooc yep.
[Tue Jul 10 21:59:29 2007] : Dan: [1d20+6] => [15,6] = (21)
[Tue Jul 10 21:59:52 2007] : DM: The magic missles burst on the yuan-ti's body and it flinches in pain.
[Tue Jul 10 22:00:07 2007] : DM: done?
[Tue Jul 10 22:02:34 2007] : DM: Aliatra, your turn. Remember, the monster is chained up.
[Tue Jul 10 22:02:52 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra tries to break free
[Tue Jul 10 22:03:08 2007] : Aliatra: Str check: [1d20+4] => [5,4] = (9)
[Tue Jul 10 22:03:44 2007] : Aliatra: ooc No dice, I guess
[Tue Jul 10 22:03:51 2007] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jul 10 22:04:05 2007] : Oona: ooc does the bow lie anywhere near me?
[Tue Jul 10 22:04:52 2007] : DM: ooc it's another opposed grapple check to break free not a str check.
[Tue Jul 10 22:05:02 2007] : Aliatra: ooc OK
[Tue Jul 10 22:05:13 2007] : Aliatra: Grapple (base): [1d20+10] => [5,10] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Jul 10 22:05:23 2007] : DM: Grapple (base): [1d20+17] => [18,17] = (35) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Jul 10 22:05:39 2007] : DM: You struggle but don't break free.
[Tue Jul 10 22:05:43 2007] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jul 10 22:07:12 2007] : DM: Oona, your turn. The bow lies to the creatures left hand side, i.e the side away from you.
[Tue Jul 10 22:08:22 2007] : Oona: ooc if Ileave its threat area, is that thing gonna hit me?
[Tue Jul 10 22:08:30 2007] : Oona: ooc or is it too busy with Ali?
[Tue Jul 10 22:08:44 2007] : DM: ooc grappling creatures don't threaten any squares, you're safe to move around it.
[Tue Jul 10 22:09:28 2007] : Oona: Oona goes for the creature's bow. and moves away as far as she can.
[Tue Jul 10 22:09:45 2007] : Oona: can I break my move in two?
[Tue Jul 10 22:10:02 2007] : Oona: ooc ie. 20 feet to get there, pick up bow. Move 10 feet?
[Tue Jul 10 22:10:08 2007] : DM: ooc I think picking up a bow lying on the ground would be a free action.
[Tue Jul 10 22:10:23 2007] : Oona: Done.
[Tue Jul 10 22:10:33 2007] : Oona: ooc unless I can gulp a potion, which I do if I can.
[Tue Jul 10 22:11:03 2007] : DM: ooc yep.
[Tue Jul 10 22:11:16 2007] : DM: The snakeman's acid burns Aliatra for 15 damage.
[Tue Jul 10 22:11:38 2007] : Oona: [2d8+3] => [5,7,3] = (15)
[Tue Jul 10 22:11:46 2007] : DM: It releases Aliatra and strikes at Oona with his scimitar.
[Tue Jul 10 22:11:48 2007] : DM: Scimitar (#1) (base): [1d20+13] => [16,13] = (29) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] => [4,4] = (8)
[Tue Jul 10 22:12:03 2007] : DM: Hit for 8 damage
[Tue Jul 10 22:12:09 2007] : DM: Dan, your turn.
[Tue Jul 10 22:12:11 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra screems as the acid scalds her skin and open wounds
[Tue Jul 10 22:12:30 2007] : Dan: Dan moves closer again
[Tue Jul 10 22:12:36 2007] : Oona: Oona cringes
[Tue Jul 10 22:12:36 2007] : Aliatra: screams
[Tue Jul 10 22:13:15 2007] : Dan: Dan casts another spell
[Tue Jul 10 22:13:23 2007] : Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray (base): [1d20+8] => [19,8] = (27) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] => [2,1,4,2,0] = (9)
[Tue Jul 10 22:13:31 2007] : Dan: [1d20+6] => [14,6] = (20)
[Tue Jul 10 22:13:44 2007] : DM: The snakeman's flesh sears.
[Tue Jul 10 22:13:59 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jul 10 22:14:05 2007] : DM: ooc acid arrow run out?
[Tue Jul 10 22:14:45 2007] : Dan: ooc yes
[Tue Jul 10 22:15:00 2007] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jul 10 22:15:55 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Can I take a 5 ft step, turn and run?
[Tue Jul 10 22:16:15 2007] : DM: ooc no. you can however do a withdraw action.
[Tue Jul 10 22:16:29 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Witdrawing then
[Tue Jul 10 22:16:45 2007] : DM: ooc double your speed so 40 ft.
[Tue Jul 10 22:17:22 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra stands panting, looking heavily wounded
[Tue Jul 10 22:17:37 2007] : Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jul 10 22:17:46 2007] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Jul 10 22:18:22 2007] : Oona: Oona gets further away from the beast
[Tue Jul 10 22:18:48 2007] : Oona: done.
[Tue Jul 10 22:20:03 2007] : DM: The monster slithers forwards to the very limit of the chain and attack Oona
[Tue Jul 10 22:20:06 2007] : DM: Scimitar (#1) (base): [1d20+13] => [20,13] = (33) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] => [2,4] = (6)
[Tue Jul 10 22:20:07 2007] : DM: Critical hit? [1d20+13] => [12,13] = (25) ===> Damage: [2d8+8] => [3,7,8] = (18)
[Tue Jul 10 22:20:17 2007] : DM: 18 damage.
[Tue Jul 10 22:20:29 2007] : DM: Dan, your turn.
[Tue Jul 10 22:21:15 2007] : Dan: Dan watches to see if Oona is Ok
[Tue Jul 10 22:21:30 2007] : Oona: Oona falls down
[Tue Jul 10 22:21:44 2007] : Oona: unconscious
[Tue Jul 10 22:21:45 2007] : DM: The creature hisses spitefully
[Tue Jul 10 22:22:26 2007] : Dan: Dan moves to Oona, but keeping out of range of the lizard, then drags her back 5 feet (10 if possible)
[Tue Jul 10 22:22:39 2007] : Oona: ooc for the record, my understanding was that the chain would keep the thing inside the circle. If I had any way of noticing that it was way longer than that, I would have ran away, not "moved away"
[Tue Jul 10 22:22:42 2007] : DM: ooc 10 ft sounds okay.
[Tue Jul 10 22:22:59 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jul 10 22:23:43 2007] : DM: ooc you didn't ask how long it looked.
[Tue Jul 10 22:23:54 2007] : DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Tue Jul 10 22:24:11 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra starts chanting
[Tue Jul 10 22:24:11 2007] : Oona: ooc yeah yeah
[Tue Jul 10 22:24:20 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 2: Hold Person (lvl 2) Paralyzes one humanoid for 1 round/lvl.
[Tue Jul 10 22:24:54 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Will save against DC 14
[Tue Jul 10 22:25:02 2007] : DM: Spell resistance roll 1d20 + caster level.
[Tue Jul 10 22:25:32 2007] : Aliatra: [1d20+4] => [9,4] = (13)
[Tue Jul 10 22:25:43 2007] : DM: The spell is resisted.
[Tue Jul 10 22:26:07 2007] : Aliatra: "We must get out of here new!"
[Tue Jul 10 22:26:34 2007] : DM: Oona, roll a d100
[Tue Jul 10 22:28:01 2007] : Dan: "It's chained, we can kill it from a distance, which I believe I suggested in the first place"
[Tue Jul 10 22:28:35 2007] : Oona: [d100] => d100
[Tue Jul 10 22:28:45 2007] : Oona: huh?
[Tue Jul 10 22:28:46 2007] : Aliatra: "We must be out of reach from its spells before I can cure Oona and myself"
[Tue Jul 10 22:28:51 2007] : Dan: "Having said that, it's less dangerous only after Oona took its bow"
[Tue Jul 10 22:28:51 2007] : Oona: [d100] => d100
[Tue Jul 10 22:28:53 2007] : DM: ooc need the number in front of the d
[Tue Jul 10 22:28:56 2007] : Oona: [1d100] => [87] = (87)
[Tue Jul 10 22:29:08 2007] : Dan: "Ah, spells - I forgot"
[Tue Jul 10 22:29:10 2007] : DM: Lose 1 HP, you're not stabilized.
[Tue Jul 10 22:30:00 2007] : DM: The monster hisses angrily and strains at it's chain before turning it's scimitar on itself and hack at it's tail.
[Tue Jul 10 22:30:03 2007] : DM: Scimitar (#1) (base): [1d20+13] => [18,13] = (31) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] => [6,4] = (10)
[Tue Jul 10 22:30:03 2007] : DM: Critical hit? [1d20+13] => [18,13] = (31) ===> Damage: [2d8+8] => [4,4,8] = (16)
[Tue Jul 10 22:30:32 2007] : Dan: ooc Nice crit on itself ;)
[Tue Jul 10 22:30:53 2007] : Dan: ooc you've had a few crist tonight DM, lucky sod!
[Tue Jul 10 22:30:57 2007] : DM: With a mightly blow the yuan-ti abomination severs the end it's own tail freeing itself. Blood pours out of it's self inflicted wound.
[Tue Jul 10 22:31:07 2007] : DM: ooc scimitar is 18-20/x2
[Tue Jul 10 22:31:28 2007] : DM: It's looking heavily wounded now.
[Tue Jul 10 22:31:31 2007] : DM: Dan, your turn.
[Tue Jul 10 22:31:55 2007] : Dan: Dan looks up in fear at the freed lizard...
[Tue Jul 10 22:32:31 2007] : DM: ooc brb
[Tue Jul 10 22:33:04 2007] : DM: ooc back
[Tue Jul 10 22:33:14 2007] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 3 Missiles:
1st missile - [1d4+1] => [2,1] = (3) damage
2nd missile - [1d4+1] => [2,1] = (3) damage
3rd missile - [1d4+1] => [4,1] = (5) damage

[Tue Jul 10 22:33:21 2007] : DM: SR?
[Tue Jul 10 22:33:36 2007] : Dan: [1d20+6] => [4,6] = (10)
[Tue Jul 10 22:33:51 2007] : DM: Your spell is harmlesses disapated
[Tue Jul 10 22:33:52 2007] : Dan: Dan drags Oona back some more
[Tue Jul 10 22:34:06 2007] : Dan: Done
[Tue Jul 10 22:34:10 2007] : DM: ooc you can move 1/2 your speed dragging something.
[Tue Jul 10 22:34:32 2007] : DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Tue Jul 10 22:34:54 2007] : Aliatra: "Might as well die fighting. Get Oona to safety!"
[Tue Jul 10 22:35:11 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra charges at the Yuan-Ti and attacks
[Tue Jul 10 22:35:20 2007] : Aliatra: Greatsword Bane undead +1 (base): [1d20+11] => [12,11] = (23) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] => [3,2,5] = (10)
[Tue Jul 10 22:35:40 2007] : DM: A solid blow that nearly fells it.
[Tue Jul 10 22:35:52 2007] : DM: Oona, another d100
[Tue Jul 10 22:36:31 2007] : Oona: [1d100] => [84] = (84)
[Tue Jul 10 22:36:42 2007] : DM: Still not stable, lose another HP.
[Tue Jul 10 22:37:16 2007] : DM: The yuan-ti attack Aliatra two large swings and a snap of its jaws.
[Tue Jul 10 22:37:21 2007] : DM: Scimitar (#1) (base): [1d20+13] => [11,13] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] => [5,4] = (9)
[Tue Jul 10 22:37:24 2007] : DM: Scimitar (#2) (base): [1d20+8] => [2,8] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] => [6,4] = (10)
[Tue Jul 10 22:37:26 2007] : DM: Bite (base): [1d20+7] => [5,7] = (12) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] => [4,4,3] = (11)
[Tue Jul 10 22:37:36 2007] : DM: 9 damage from a sword slash.
[Tue Jul 10 22:37:48 2007] : DM: Dan, your turn.
[Tue Jul 10 22:38:12 2007] : Aliatra: Aliatra falls to the ground, pale and bleeding
[Tue Jul 10 22:38:13 2007] : DM: It's looking close to death.
[Tue Jul 10 22:38:35 2007] : Dan: Dan tries another offensive spell
[Tue Jul 10 22:38:48 2007] : Dan: Aryadan Casts: Fireball (level 3): Blasts a 20ft radius with fire dealing [6d6] => [1,6,5,4,6,6] = (28) damage (Reflex save DC 18 for half damage)
[Tue Jul 10 22:38:55 2007] : Dan: [1d20+6] => [11,6] = (17)
[Tue Jul 10 22:39:15 2007] : DM: ooc not got spell penetration?
[Tue Jul 10 22:39:20 2007] : Dan: ooc no
[Tue Jul 10 22:39:51 2007] : DM: The spell has no effect.
[Tue Jul 10 22:39:57 2007] : DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jul 10 22:40:01 2007] : DM: d100
[Tue Jul 10 22:40:12 2007] : Aliatra: [1d100] => [14] = (14)
[Tue Jul 10 22:40:23 2007] : DM: Not stable, bleed some more.
[Tue Jul 10 22:40:27 2007] : DM: Oona?
[Tue Jul 10 22:40:33 2007] : Oona: [1d100] => [36] = (36)
[Tue Jul 10 22:40:38 2007] : DM: ditto
[Tue Jul 10 22:41:30 2007] : DM: ooc don't forget fate points to prevent you actually dying...
[Tue Jul 10 22:41:52 2007] : Aliatra: ooc O yeah, I think I need to spend one right away
[Tue Jul 10 22:41:58 2007] : DM: The yuan-ti with a hiss of triumph charges Dan.
[Tue Jul 10 22:42:00 2007] : DM: Scimitar (#1) (base): [1d20+13] => [1,13] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] => [2,4] = (6)
[Tue Jul 10 22:42:06 2007] : DM: Miss.
[Tue Jul 10 22:42:19 2007] : DM: Dan, your turn.
[Tue Jul 10 22:42:48 2007] : Dan: ooc where is he?
[Tue Jul 10 22:43:03 2007] : DM: Near you.
[Tue Jul 10 22:43:28 2007] : Dan: Dan concentrates as he casts defensively
[Tue Jul 10 22:43:35 2007] : Dan: Concetration Skill Check: [1d20+10] => [2,10] = (12)
[Tue Jul 10 22:43:45 2007] : Dan: fizzle
[Tue Jul 10 22:43:48 2007] : DM: Why didn't you take a 5ft step?
[Tue Jul 10 22:43:54 2007] : Dan: ooc he has reach
[Tue Jul 10 22:44:02 2007] : DM: He's already 10 ft away
[Tue Jul 10 22:44:11 2007] : Dan: ooc Ah - ok
[Tue Jul 10 22:44:39 2007] : Dan: Araydan casts Melf's Acid Arrow - Metamagic Extend - lasts 6 rounds (base): [1d20+8] => [10,8] = (18) ===> Damage: [2d4+0] => [1,4,0] = (5)
[Tue Jul 10 22:44:45 2007] : Dan: [1d20+6] => [6,6] = (12)
[Tue Jul 10 22:44:53 2007] : Dan: ooc damn!
[Tue Jul 10 22:44:58 2007] : DM: No effect
[Tue Jul 10 22:45:14 2007] : DM: Aliatra is stable at -9.
[Tue Jul 10 22:45:23 2007] : DM: Oona, how many HP have you left?
[Tue Jul 10 22:45:30 2007] : Dan: Dan looks up with fearful eyes as he watches looming death
[Tue Jul 10 22:45:33 2007] : Oona: 1
[Tue Jul 10 22:45:48 2007] : DM: [1d100] => [64] = (64)
[Tue Jul 10 22:46:25 2007] : DM: The yuan-ti takes a step forwards and attacks Dan
[Tue Jul 10 22:46:28 2007] : DM: Scimitar (#1) (base): [1d20+13] => [5,13] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] => [2,4] = (6)
[Tue Jul 10 22:46:30 2007] : DM: Scimitar (#2) (base): [1d20+8] => [2,8] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] => [5,4] = (9)
[Tue Jul 10 22:46:32 2007] : DM: Bite (base): [1d20+7] => [6,7] = (13) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] => [3,4,3] = (10)
[Tue Jul 10 22:46:45 2007] : DM: Dan, your turn.
[Tue Jul 10 22:46:53 2007] : Aliatra: ooc Blimey!
[Tue Jul 10 22:47:19 2007] : Dan: Dan raises his bow after taking a 5 ft step
[Tue Jul 10 22:47:22 2007] : Dan: Composite longbow +1 (base): [1d20+9] => [15,9] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Tue Jul 10 22:47:48 2007] : DM: A hit, shame it was just a glancing blow. It's still alive and angry.
[Tue Jul 10 22:48:07 2007] : Oona: ooc /me spends a fate point
[Tue Jul 10 22:48:09 2007] : DM: Oona, [1d100] => [68] = (68)
[Tue Jul 10 22:48:23 2007] : DM: Oona stabiliizes at -9 HP.
[Tue Jul 10 22:48:44 2007] : DM: The monster attacks the pesky wizard again
[Tue Jul 10 22:48:52 2007] : DM: Scimitar (#1) (base): [1d20+13] => [5,13] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] => [6,4] = (10)
[Tue Jul 10 22:48:54 2007] : DM: Scimitar (#2) (base): [1d20+8] => [20,8] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] => [8,4] = (12)
[Tue Jul 10 22:48:54 2007] : DM: Critical hit? [1d20+8] => [17,8] = (25) ===> Damage: [2d8+8] => [5,8,8] = (21)
[Tue Jul 10 22:49:00 2007] : DM: Bite (base): [1d20+7] => [17,7] = (24) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] => [4,3,3] = (10)
[Tue Jul 10 22:49:20 2007] : DM: 31 damage as the creature slashes and bites you.
[Tue Jul 10 22:49:28 2007] : DM: Grapple (base): [1d20+17] => [4,17] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d1-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[Tue Jul 10 22:49:33 2007] : Dan: Dan also topples over
[Tue Jul 10 22:49:40 2007] : DM: Opposed grapple roll.
[Tue Jul 10 22:50:05 2007] : Dan: ooc I can't grapple back, I'm on -8 HP
[Tue Jul 10 22:50:33 2007] : DM: The snakeman squeezes your unconcious body, expend a fate point or die.
[Tue Jul 10 22:50:58 2007] : Dan: ooc might as well use one - We're all going to die anyway
[Tue Jul 10 22:51:40 2007] : Adrin: Adrin (who has been remarkably absent) arrives and shoots at the yuan-ti
[Tue Jul 10 22:51:49 2007] : Adrin: Shortbow, composite (base): [1d20+7] => [6,7] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [5,0] = (5)
[Tue Jul 10 22:51:57 2007] : Adrin: Shortbow, composite (base): [1d20+7] => [8,7] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [6,0] = (6)
[Tue Jul 10 22:52:04 2007] : Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jul 10 22:52:25 2007] : Adrin: Scimitar (#1) (base): [1d20+13] => [6,13] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] => [4,4] = (8)
[Tue Jul 10 22:52:36 2007] : Adrin: Shortbow, composite (base): [1d20+7] => [13,7] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [5,0] = (5)
[Tue Jul 10 22:52:36 2007] : Dan: ooc +7 seems awfully low for a 6th level Barbarian
[Tue Jul 10 22:52:39 2007] : Adrin: Shortbow, composite (base): [1d20+7] => [5,7] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] => [3,0] = (3)
[Tue Jul 10 22:52:56 2007] : Adrin: ooc I know, I only have a level 4 Adrin sheet. I'm adjusting it.
[Tue Jul 10 22:53:18 2007] : Adrin: Adrin shoot an arrow and slays the beast.
[Tue Jul 10 22:53:33 2007] : Adrin: GAME END