Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs /

[Tue May 8 19:28:37 2007] : DM: GAME START
[Tue May 8 19:28:39 2007] : The Watcher: indeed *fiat lux*
[Tue May 8 19:28:44 2007] : Drilali: ooc I'm not entirely sure which side 'Team Tree' is :s
[Tue May 8 19:29:02 2007] : Osred: ooc LOL
[Tue May 8 19:29:05 2007] : DM: You have encountered and defeated not one, not 2, but 4 Purple worms
[Tue May 8 19:29:40 2007] : DM: Looking at the gore all areound you, what do you do?
[Tue May 8 19:30:16 2007] : Ted: "We should move on, before more worms arrive."
[Tue May 8 19:30:24 2007] : Alohoma: "Makes sense"
[Tue May 8 19:30:30 2007] : Osred: "Is anybody else in need of healing before we go on?"
[Tue May 8 19:30:30 2007] : Drilali: "Good idea"
[Tue May 8 19:30:52 2007] : Ted: ooc we healed up at the end of last session.
[Tue May 8 19:31:07 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma tries and get herself as dry as possible, squeezing her shirt and things
[Tue May 8 19:31:34 2007] : Osred: ooc no reason not to check :)
[Tue May 8 19:31:48 2007] : DM: Going on, following the dry path through the room?
[Tue May 8 19:32:05 2007] : Ted: Yes.
[Tue May 8 19:32:11 2007] : Osred: Nanalantar Casts: Mirror Image (innate): Creates decoy duplicates of you (1d4 +1 per three levels, max 8) ==> [1d4+2] => [1,2] = (3) images (Image AC = 16; dur: 6 minutes)
[Tue May 8 19:32:42 2007] : DM: Is that a cast or a try, Craig?
[Tue May 8 19:33:04 2007] : Osred: ooc he casts it if at all possible - it's at will
[Tue May 8 19:33:26 2007] : DM: ooc OK, as you were
[Tue May 8 19:33:28 2007] : DM: Spot and Listen
[Tue May 8 19:33:36 2007] : Alohoma: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [17,21] = (38)
[Tue May 8 19:33:37 2007] : Alohoma: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [5,21] = (26)
[Tue May 8 19:33:39 2007] : Osred: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [13,7] = (20)
[Tue May 8 19:33:40 2007] : Drilali: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [20,8] = (28)
[Tue May 8 19:33:41 2007] : Osred: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [18,7] = (25)
[Tue May 8 19:33:42 2007] : Drilali: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [7,8] = (15)
[Tue May 8 19:33:51 2007] : Ted: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [17,21] = (38)
[Tue May 8 19:33:54 2007] : Ted: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [20,21] = (41)
[Tue May 8 19:33:54 2007] : Nanalantar: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [3,9] = (12)
[Tue May 8 19:33:55 2007] : Nanalantar: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [19,9] = (28)
[Tue May 8 19:34:42 2007] : DM: As you walk along the path all but Osred and Nanalantar see drops of blood on the ground
[Tue May 8 19:35:08 2007] : Alohoma: "Hmm, that does not look like our blood. Or that of the worms. If they had any"
[Tue May 8 19:35:18 2007] : Drilali: "Hmm, something looks injured"
[Tue May 8 19:35:19 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma points at drops on the ground
[Tue May 8 19:35:40 2007] : Osred: "hmm, what's up?"
[Tue May 8 19:35:51 2007] : DM: When you leave the room and enter the tunnels again, the trail of blood stops
[Tue May 8 19:36:11 2007] : DM: ooc Not peetering out, stops abrubtly
[Tue May 8 19:36:12 2007] : Osred: Osred follows Alo's finger
[Tue May 8 19:36:23 2007] : Ted: "Odd."
[Tue May 8 19:36:31 2007] : Ted: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [19,21] = (40)
[Tue May 8 19:36:54 2007] : Ted: ooc that's supposed to be survival.
[Tue May 8 19:37:08 2007] : Drilali: ooc how high is the roof?
[Tue May 8 19:37:12 2007] : Ted: ooc I guess I can't track them anyway.
[Tue May 8 19:37:22 2007] : Alohoma: 3ted, can you make anything of it? Any tr'acks you recognize?"
[Tue May 8 19:37:23 2007] : DM: ooc Nothing to track
[Tue May 8 19:37:42 2007] : Alohoma: ooc "Ted, not 3ted
[Tue May 8 19:37:50 2007] : DM: ooc 20 ft, the tunnels are more or less circulair
[Tue May 8 19:38:15 2007] : Drilali: ooc sorry, I meant the room
[Tue May 8 19:38:41 2007] : Ted: "Doesn't make sense to me."
[Tue May 8 19:39:00 2007] : DM: ooc Let's say double that, so 40 ft
[Tue May 8 19:39:26 2007] : Drilali: "Could it be coming from the ceiling?"
[Tue May 8 19:39:59 2007] : DM: Are you going to check?
[Tue May 8 19:40:18 2007] : Osred: "You and Nan can check it out?"
[Tue May 8 19:40:20 2007] : Alohoma: "What does not?"
[Tue May 8 19:40:48 2007] : Drilali: "Back in a minute"
[Tue May 8 19:40:59 2007] : Drilali: Dri vanishes and heads up for a closer look
[Tue May 8 19:41:09 2007] : Nanalantar: "I can accompany you if you wish"
[Tue May 8 19:41:26 2007] : Nanalantar: Nanalantar shrugs
[Tue May 8 19:41:48 2007] : Drilali: (from a distance) "The more the merrier"
[Tue May 8 19:41:56 2007] : Osred: In the flick of an eye, Nanalantar has dissolved into a whiff of dust hovering in place
[Tue May 8 19:42:01 2007] : Ted: Ted keeps his eyes and ears open, warily scanning the tunnel and the cavern.
[Tue May 8 19:42:15 2007] : Nanalantar: Nana follows where he thinks Dri went
[Tue May 8 19:42:30 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma stays close behind Ted, keeping to the shadows
[Tue May 8 19:42:48 2007] : Drilali: Dri pops back into sight
[Tue May 8 19:43:04 2007] : Drilali: "Over here Nana"
[Tue May 8 19:43:10 2007] : Nanalantar: "Ah, there you are"
[Tue May 8 19:43:18 2007] : Drilali: "See anything?"
[Tue May 8 19:43:19 2007] : Nanalantar: "See anything here?"
[Tue May 8 19:43:25 2007] : Nanalantar: Search Skill Check: [1d20+1] => [8,1] = (9)
[Tue May 8 19:43:30 2007] : Drilali: Search Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [15,6] = (21)
[Tue May 8 19:43:50 2007] : DM: Nanalantar is lucky to see his hand in front of his face
[Tue May 8 19:43:58 2007] : Nanalantar: ooc :P
[Tue May 8 19:44:11 2007] : DM: Drilali looks at the ceiling but sees nothing that looks remotely like blood
[Tue May 8 19:44:30 2007] : Nanalantar: ooc Nanalantar is a zephyr of dust and therefore has no hands to see :p
[Tue May 8 19:44:40 2007] : Ted: "Teleported."
[Tue May 8 19:44:45 2007] : DM: ooc Wisa guy :P
[Tue May 8 19:45:01 2007] : Alohoma: "Ah, that would make sense"
[Tue May 8 19:45:02 2007] : Drilali: "I can't see anything odd. Lets get out of here"
[Tue May 8 19:45:11 2007] : DM: Anyone taking a good hard look at the blood on the ground?
[Tue May 8 19:45:21 2007] : Ted: ooc obviously not.
[Tue May 8 19:45:37 2007] : The Watcher: ooc didn't Ted do a Survival check?
[Tue May 8 19:45:43 2007] : Alohoma: ooc he did
[Tue May 8 19:46:07 2007] : DM: ooc Hold on, looking for the right words
[Tue May 8 19:46:12 2007] : Ted: ooc that was to track them before I knew they stopped.
[Tue May 8 19:46:33 2007] : Nanalantar: ooc I am limited in my Profession: Haematologist skills ;)
[Tue May 8 19:46:45 2007] : Drilali: ooc lol
[Tue May 8 19:46:55 2007] : DM: Ted realises that the blood drops probably didn't come from high up, it looks like they fell for no more than a couple of feet at most
[Tue May 8 19:46:59 2007] : Ted: ooc CSI: Faerun.
[Tue May 8 19:47:09 2007] : Nanalantar: Nana follows Dri back to the others
[Tue May 8 19:47:12 2007] : Nanalantar: ooc LOL
[Tue May 8 19:47:19 2007] : DM: ooc LOL
[Tue May 8 19:47:22 2007] : Nanalantar: What was a zephyr of dust transforms into the humanoid form of Nanalantar
[Tue May 8 19:47:55 2007] : Ted: ooc this is clearly an important clue, but darned if I can work it out.
[Tue May 8 19:48:22 2007] : Ted: Ted waves impatiently down the tunnel. "We won't stop this tree demon thing looking at bloodstains."
[Tue May 8 19:48:23 2007] : DM: ooc Sharing it with the others?
[Tue May 8 19:48:33 2007] : Osred: "Maybe this spot is where someone was gulped down by a purple worm?"
[Tue May 8 19:48:52 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma has followed Ted anyway
[Tue May 8 19:49:20 2007] : Drilali: "Maybe it'll make more sense it we learn more about this tree"
[Tue May 8 19:49:23 2007] : DM: Going into the tunnel?
[Tue May 8 19:49:29 2007] : Ted: yes
[Tue May 8 19:49:30 2007] : Drilali: it = if
[Tue May 8 19:49:31 2007] : Osred: Osred shrugs and follows Ted's gesturing hand
[Tue May 8 19:50:17 2007] : DM: As before the tunnel winds, climbs, goes back on itself, seemingly without goal or system
[Tue May 8 19:50:51 2007] : DM: Listen checks
[Tue May 8 19:50:55 2007] : Drilali: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+8] => [14,8] = (22)
[Tue May 8 19:50:55 2007] : Alohoma: "Drat. These roots...or whatever those are, are making me dizzy"
[Tue May 8 19:51:03 2007] : Osred: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+7] => [13,7] = (20)
[Tue May 8 19:51:04 2007] : Ted: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [5,21] = (26)
[Tue May 8 19:51:11 2007] : Alohoma: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [14,21] = (35)
[Tue May 8 19:51:15 2007] : Nanalantar: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [20,9] = (29)
[Tue May 8 19:51:16 2007] : Drilali: "Seems to be no reason to the layout"
[Tue May 8 19:51:43 2007] : Ted: "It's very organic, like a ancient gnarled tree."
[Tue May 8 19:51:58 2007] : DM: There are still noises coming from the walls and floor, creaking, wrenching, groaning
[Tue May 8 19:52:05 2007] : Osred: "It's just all very odd to me"
[Tue May 8 19:52:38 2007] : DM: Like heavy objects are being shifted
[Tue May 8 19:52:49 2007] : DM: Int checks
[Tue May 8 19:52:55 2007] : Drilali: Int check: [1d20+4] => [2,4] = (6)
[Tue May 8 19:52:59 2007] : Osred: Int check: [1d20+1] => [3,1] = (4)
[Tue May 8 19:52:59 2007] : Ted: Int check: [1d20+2] => [11,2] = (13)
[Tue May 8 19:53:10 2007] : Alohoma: "Either it's growing, or it's inhabited"
[Tue May 8 19:53:13 2007] : Nanalantar: Int check: [1d20+1] => [7,1] = (8)
[Tue May 8 19:53:16 2007] : Alohoma: Int check: [1d20+4] => [6,4] = (10)
[Tue May 8 19:53:43 2007] : Osred: "Sounds like someone's moving furniture"
[Tue May 8 19:53:59 2007] : Osred: ooc we iz all fick
[Tue May 8 19:54:41 2007] : DM: After another left turn you see a blood trail again, it looks like it's coming from the right wall and follows the same route you do
[Tue May 8 19:55:16 2007] : Osred: "More blood trails without apparent source?"
[Tue May 8 19:55:23 2007] : Ted: Ted bends down for a closer look.
[Tue May 8 19:55:24 2007] : Osred: ooc brb
[Tue May 8 19:55:40 2007] : Ted: ooc is it fresh?
[Tue May 8 19:56:02 2007] : DM: ooc Not more than 1 - 2 hours old
[Tue May 8 19:56:52 2007] : Drilali: "Getting stranger and stranger"
[Tue May 8 19:56:56 2007] : Ted: "This wounded creature must walk through walls, Osred? Drilali? Do you know of any such creatures?"
[Tue May 8 19:57:02 2007] : Osred: ooc back
[Tue May 8 19:57:16 2007] : Osred: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+16] => [6,16] = (22)
[Tue May 8 19:57:20 2007] : Alohoma: "Through walls? Now that's one ability I would love to have"
[Tue May 8 19:57:33 2007] : DM: ooc LOL
[Tue May 8 19:57:35 2007] : Osred: "Let me think..."
[Tue May 8 19:57:51 2007] : DM: You have no knowledge of any such red-blooded creature
[Tue May 8 19:58:04 2007] : Osred: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [14,21] = (35)
[Tue May 8 19:58:04 2007] : Osred: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [8,6] = (14)
[Tue May 8 19:58:04 2007] : Drilali: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [3,21] = (24)
[Tue May 8 19:58:17 2007] : Ted: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+23] => [14,23] = (37)
[Tue May 8 19:58:38 2007] : Nanalantar: "I am not very knowledgeable in these areas I'm afraid"
[Tue May 8 19:58:39 2007] : DM: Neither of you has knowledge of any such red-blooded creature
[Tue May 8 19:58:59 2007] : Osred: Nothing comes to my mind either"
[Tue May 8 19:59:03 2007] : Ted: ooc what about creatures that don't have red blood?
[Tue May 8 19:59:07 2007] : Drilali: "Means nothing to me"
[Tue May 8 19:59:28 2007] : DM: ooc Still nothing
[Tue May 8 19:59:34 2007] : Osred: "Perhaps the blood is from the tree itself?"
[Tue May 8 19:59:45 2007] : Osred: Osred smacks the tree
[Tue May 8 19:59:50 2007] : Osred: Holy Cold Iron Morningstar +5 - vs. Evil (1st) Attack Roll: [1d20+23] => [13,23] = (36) ===> Damage: [1d8+5+2d6+6] => [1,5,3,5,6] = (20)
[Tue May 8 20:00:05 2007] : Osred: ooc -11 damage if not evil
[Tue May 8 20:00:19 2007] : Osred: ooc err, -8 I mean
[Tue May 8 20:00:33 2007] : DM: A sticky, colourless fluid oozes from the tunnel wall, where Osred's weapon made a gash
[Tue May 8 20:00:53 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma jumps to the middle of the path, away from the walls
[Tue May 8 20:00:58 2007] : Osred: "Doesn't look like blood"
[Tue May 8 20:01:10 2007] : Alohoma: "Sap I suppose?"
[Tue May 8 20:01:26 2007] : Osred: "I guess so"
[Tue May 8 20:01:36 2007] : Alohoma: "It would make sense"
[Tue May 8 20:01:47 2007] : Alohoma: "OK let's advance further"
[Tue May 8 20:02:05 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma blends into the shadow and advances further
[Tue May 8 20:02:11 2007] : DM: Turning left again you see ...
[Tue May 8 20:02:12 2007] : Alohoma: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+30] => [18,30] = (48)
[Tue May 8 20:02:14 2007] : Alohoma: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+30] => [6,30] = (36)
[Tue May 8 20:02:26 2007] : Osred: Osred follows someone visible
[Tue May 8 20:02:28 2007] : Drilali: Dri keeps up, staying the middle of the group
[Tue May 8 20:02:55 2007] : Osred: ooc I assume we've been going for longer than 3 minutes since the fight
[Tue May 8 20:03:15 2007] : DM: A stack of bodies, all stripped of anything valuable, consisting of 6 orcs and one human male
[Tue May 8 20:03:32 2007] : Osred: In a shower of sparks, the celestial lion disappears
[Tue May 8 20:03:58 2007] : Ted: Ted examines the bodies. How were they killed?
[Tue May 8 20:04:32 2007] : DM: The orcs by fire, it seems, the human has bite and arrow wounds
[Tue May 8 20:04:46 2007] : Ted: ooc what sort of bites?
[Tue May 8 20:04:47 2007] : Ted: Profession Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue May 8 20:04:50 2007] : Ted: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+23] => [11,23] = (34)
[Tue May 8 20:05:22 2007] : DM: They remind you of the teeth of Purple worms
[Tue May 8 20:05:36 2007] : DM: Very much so
[Tue May 8 20:06:21 2007] : DM: Searching the bodies?
[Tue May 8 20:06:30 2007] : Ted: "Odd. Why would a purple worm merely nibble on these bodies? They had a bloody good go at swallowing me whole."
[Tue May 8 20:06:34 2007] : Ted: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] => [2,2] = (4)
[Tue May 8 20:06:53 2007] : Alohoma: "Well, they bit me quite nicely"
[Tue May 8 20:06:53 2007] : Osred: "Perhaps the one that attacked these had already eaten his fill?"
[Tue May 8 20:06:55 2007] : DM: ooc Only the human has bite marks
[Tue May 8 20:06:58 2007] : Drilali: "Maybe there was more than one human"
[Tue May 8 20:07:27 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma watches Ted as he searches
[Tue May 8 20:07:58 2007] : Alohoma: "Hmm, you're not exactly doing this right Ted. May I have a go?"
[Tue May 8 20:08:06 2007] : Drilali: "Hurry it up Ted, unless you want another go at being eaten"
[Tue May 8 20:08:07 2007] : DM: Ted's search seems to be rather hurried
[Tue May 8 20:08:11 2007] : Ted: Ted steps back.
[Tue May 8 20:08:21 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma gets closer and starts a thorough search
[Tue May 8 20:08:23 2007] : Alohoma: Search Skill Check: [1d20+15] => [15,15] = (30)
[Tue May 8 20:08:41 2007] : DM: Nothing of note on the orcs
[Tue May 8 20:09:04 2007] : DM: The human wears a woorden holy symbol on his neck
[Tue May 8 20:09:19 2007] : Osred: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [13,21] = (34)
[Tue May 8 20:09:22 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma brandishes the symbol.
[Tue May 8 20:09:23 2007] : Osred: [1d20] => [9] = (9)
[Tue May 8 20:09:37 2007] : Osred: ooc ignore the second roll, slip of the mouse
[Tue May 8 20:09:41 2007] : Alohoma: "Now now, a wooden symbol, and look what this whole tree thing has done to him"
[Tue May 8 20:10:21 2007] : Osred: "Hmm, a wooden Holy symbol, what does that remind me of?"
[Tue May 8 20:10:57 2007] : Ted: ooc brb
[Tue May 8 20:11:30 2007] : DM: It is the symbol of Obad-Hai, god of nature
[Tue May 8 20:11:53 2007] : Osred: "How did an Obad-Hai cleric get down here?"
[Tue May 8 20:12:05 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma looks at the symbol with utter indifference
[Tue May 8 20:12:06 2007] : Drilali: "Same way we did presumably"
[Tue May 8 20:12:07 2007] : Ted: "Same way we did?"
[Tue May 8 20:12:11 2007] : Drilali: ooc lol
[Tue May 8 20:12:13 2007] : Alohoma: "I would definitely not know"
[Tue May 8 20:12:40 2007] : Osred: "Looks like there may be other potential allies down here, unless they already got eaten"
[Tue May 8 20:12:58 2007] : Drilali: "Lets hope so"
[Tue May 8 20:13:07 2007] : DM: Alohoma also finds a piece of paper right next to the pile of bodies
[Tue May 8 20:13:22 2007] : Alohoma: "Now that should yield a little more information"
[Tue May 8 20:13:35 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma looks at the paper more closely
[Tue May 8 20:14:16 2007] : DM: It is a note, it looks like it's written in haste
[Tue May 8 20:14:32 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma starts to read
[Tue May 8 20:14:36 2007] : DM: Brother Elfred,
[Tue May 8 20:14:38 2007] : Osred: ooc I don't speak haste, does anyone else ;P
[Tue May 8 20:14:50 2007] : DM: This evil needs eradicating. We found out that this can only be done by separating the demon from his seed, without his mistress being killed. Killing her will only set him free.
[Tue May 8 20:14:51 2007] : Drilali: ooc ba-dom tish!
[Tue May 8 20:14:54 2007] : Alohoma: ooc I do. Come on.
[Tue May 8 20:15:05 2007] : DM: Make haste.
[Tue May 8 20:15:09 2007] : Drilali: "Mistress?"
[Tue May 8 20:15:12 2007] : The Watcher: ooc groan
[Tue May 8 20:15:16 2007] : DM: May Obad-Hai protect us all.
[Tue May 8 20:15:27 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma speaks outloud as she deciphers the note (in haste)
[Tue May 8 20:15:55 2007] : DM: ooc Bee, you know you love these kind of jokes :-P
[Tue May 8 20:16:07 2007] : Alohoma: "So that makes things a bit clearer. Find the seed. Find the mistress. Take the seed away from the demon. Make sure the mistress survives."
[Tue May 8 20:16:19 2007] : The Watcher: ooc so? Someone else said it foirst :P
[Tue May 8 20:16:35 2007] : Alohoma: "This said, I have a nagging feeling that the mistress and the seeds will somehow be at the same place"
[Tue May 8 20:16:37 2007] : Osred: "So who was his mistress again?"
[Tue May 8 20:17:52 2007] : Osred: "And does this mean mistress as in lover, or as in superior?"
[Tue May 8 20:18:12 2007] : Osred: "I'm guessing the latter"
[Tue May 8 20:18:24 2007] : Alohoma: "So am I."
[Tue May 8 20:18:36 2007] : Ted: ooc wasn't this explained earlier? Not that I can remember...
[Tue May 8 20:18:48 2007] : Osred: ooc nor me ;)
[Tue May 8 20:19:16 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma turns to Ted. "This has to do with nature things. You should remember."
[Tue May 8 20:19:20 2007] : Alohoma: ooc nor me :D
[Tue May 8 20:19:28 2007] : Drilali: "Only one way to find out"
[Tue May 8 20:19:29 2007] : Alohoma: "What did the priestess say?"
[Tue May 8 20:19:42 2007] : Drilali: "This tree is any anything but natural"
[Tue May 8 20:20:21 2007] : Alohoma: "Oh well, I probably would hardly know the difference"
[Tue May 8 20:20:44 2007] : DM: knowledge the planes
[Tue May 8 20:20:51 2007] : Osred: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+16] => [5,16] = (21)
[Tue May 8 20:20:55 2007] : Drilali: "I think its pretty obvious, Alo"
[Tue May 8 20:20:56 2007] : Alohoma: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [3,6] = (9)
[Tue May 8 20:21:17 2007] : Alohoma: "well it lives. Isn't that natural?"
[Tue May 8 20:21:53 2007] : Ted: "In some sense I suppose."
[Tue May 8 20:21:57 2007] : DM: ooc You remember Phylliria telling you about how the tree demon was vanquished by a mightier demon lord and hos his essence was captured in a seed. Whoever onws that seed is master of the tree
[Tue May 8 20:22:03 2007] : Drilali: "When was the last time you encountered a tree like this?"
[Tue May 8 20:22:09 2007] : Osred: "The undead 'live' and they are abhorrent"
[Tue May 8 20:22:58 2007] : Alohoma: "Didn't Phylliria talk about a master of the tree?"
[Tue May 8 20:23:15 2007] : Alohoma: "She did not mention a mistress. But I suppose we're talking about the same thing?"
[Tue May 8 20:23:34 2007] : Osred: "So if I remember rightly, whoever put the demon in the seed is mightier and maybe his mistress?"
[Tue May 8 20:23:54 2007] : Osred: "Anyway, I'd sooner get this over with"
[Tue May 8 20:25:00 2007] : Osred: "Shall we press on if time is of the utmost?"
[Tue May 8 20:25:06 2007] : Ted: "Yes"
[Tue May 8 20:25:13 2007] : DM: Text of the note: Link
[Tue May 8 20:26:06 2007] : DM: As you walk on you pass a pool of blood near the bodies, the trail of blood drops does not continure from here
[Tue May 8 20:26:06 2007] : Osred: Osred grips his morningstar tightly and holds it up for light
[Tue May 8 20:27:28 2007] : Drilali: "So the blood came from here, through the wall and out again at that room"
[Tue May 8 20:27:52 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma squints and continues forward
[Tue May 8 20:27:56 2007] : Alohoma: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+30] => [16,30] = (46)
[Tue May 8 20:27:59 2007] : Alohoma: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+30] => [16,30] = (46)
[Tue May 8 20:28:00 2007] : Ted: "It's just blood. Nothing significant." Ted moves on.
[Tue May 8 20:28:00 2007] : Drilali: "Perhaps one of the clerics companions was taken by a worm"
[Tue May 8 20:28:08 2007] : DM: Int checks
[Tue May 8 20:28:11 2007] : Osred: "I have no idea. Maybe the worms are headed outwards from further in and we just met them last?"
[Tue May 8 20:28:16 2007] : Drilali: Int check: [1d20+4] => [19,4] = (23)
[Tue May 8 20:28:17 2007] : Ted: Int check: [1d20+2] => [5,2] = (7)
[Tue May 8 20:28:25 2007] : Osred: Int check: [1d20+1] => [19,1] = (20)
[Tue May 8 20:29:01 2007] : DM: Drilali realises it is strange that the human has worm bite wounds if was going there instead of coming from that direction
[Tue May 8 20:29:25 2007] : Drilali: ooc eh?
[Tue May 8 20:29:27 2007] : Alohoma: Int check: [1d20+4] => [4,4] = (8)
[Tue May 8 20:29:54 2007] : DM: Drilali and Osred both think that they have not seen any orcs in here, even though they went in and out of the tree when they were in the forest
[Tue May 8 20:30:51 2007] : DM: ooc The human was bitten before so he was wounded before, the trail stops here. What makes you think anyone LEFT here, wounded?
[Tue May 8 20:31:19 2007] : Osred: "Umm, if the tunnel is moving around, maybe these are the orcs we killed and we've walked in a circle?"
[Tue May 8 20:31:42 2007] : DM: ooc You killed them outside
[Tue May 8 20:32:06 2007] : Osred: ooc so the outside could now be inside if the tunnel is moving
[Tue May 8 20:32:23 2007] : DM: ooc I like your way of thinking
[Tue May 8 20:32:32 2007] : Osred: ooc sorry, but your sentence above still leaves me scratching my head
[Tue May 8 20:33:11 2007] : Drilali: ooc ditto
[Tue May 8 20:33:18 2007] : Alohoma: oc threeto
[Tue May 8 20:33:21 2007] : DM: ooc We have one body here with bite marks from those nasty worms, so either the worms were here or the man was bitten before he got here, right?
[Tue May 8 20:33:22 2007] : Osred: "Perhaps the tree has got bigger and what was outside is now inside?"
[Tue May 8 20:34:02 2007] : Drilali: "Makes sense, I suppose"
[Tue May 8 20:34:04 2007] : Osred: "So these are the orcs we killed and the tree has absorbed them as it grew and now we find them in a tunnel?"
[Tue May 8 20:34:11 2007] : Ted: ooc Ted really couldn't care, neither the dead bodies not the blood seems significant to him.
[Tue May 8 20:34:21 2007] : Osred: "And maybe the cleric entered after us"
[Tue May 8 20:34:36 2007] : DM: ooc The human is somewhere in the middle of the stack of bodies
[Tue May 8 20:34:49 2007] : Osred: "So the tree may be just making us walk in circles, and we'll not get anywhere if we keep going"
[Tue May 8 20:35:03 2007] : Alohoma: "Should we go through?"
[Tue May 8 20:35:04 2007] : Drilali: "If thats the case, we may as well give up now"
[Tue May 8 20:35:26 2007] : Osred: "OK, well let's keep going for now"
[Tue May 8 20:35:33 2007] : Alohoma: "Ted? yo can tell us the direction we're going in?"
[Tue May 8 20:36:02 2007] : Ted: "Not without the sun or the stars."
[Tue May 8 20:36:18 2007] : Drilali: "I dont even know if we're above of below ground"
[Tue May 8 20:36:23 2007] : Drilali: of=or
[Tue May 8 20:36:26 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma eyes Ted and shrugs
[Tue May 8 20:36:33 2007] : Osred: "Hold on"
[Tue May 8 20:36:46 2007] : Osred: "I have a gift of Hera to direct us the right way"
[Tue May 8 20:37:29 2007] : Osred: "It will take me 20 seconds to cast and lasts for a while"
[Tue May 8 20:37:43 2007] : Osred: Casts - Level 6: : Find the Path: Caster or creature touched can find the shortest, most direct physical way to a location. (Casting Time: 3 rounds; Duration: 170 min.)
[Tue May 8 20:38:04 2007] : Osred: Osred touches Ted once the spell is cast
[Tue May 8 20:38:25 2007] : Ted: "Uh, Where do we want to go?"
[Tue May 8 20:38:33 2007] : Osred: "Concentrate on... the Seed I guess"
[Tue May 8 20:39:01 2007] : Ted: "Okay..." (Ted concentrates on the Seed's resting place).
[Tue May 8 20:39:04 2007] : Drilali: "I'd guess we need to head for the middle of the tree"
[Tue May 8 20:39:09 2007] : Osred: ooc ah, doesn't work on objects
[Tue May 8 20:39:15 2007] : Osred: "Yes, middle of the tree"
[Tue May 8 20:39:33 2007] : Ted: (concentrating on the heart of the tree)
[Tue May 8 20:39:52 2007] : Osred: ooc the effect aslo includes giving the appropriate action to take
[Tue May 8 20:39:57 2007] : Osred: ooc also
[Tue May 8 20:40:38 2007] : Drilali: ooc like open doors, etc?
[Tue May 8 20:40:49 2007] : DM: Ted thinsk the heart of the tree is to the left, but the tunnel turns to the right
[Tue May 8 20:41:02 2007] : Osred: ooc even such things as the passwords for glyphs of warding :D
[Tue May 8 20:41:08 2007] : Drilali: ooc cool!
[Tue May 8 20:41:35 2007] : Ted: ooc I would presumably tell me which tunnel to take not just something as vague as "too the left".
[Tue May 8 20:42:33 2007] : DM: ooc There is just one tunnel
[Tue May 8 20:42:55 2007] : Ted: Ted heads the only way to go.
[Tue May 8 20:43:05 2007] : Drilali: "So Ted, ahead or back?"
[Tue May 8 20:43:15 2007] : Osred: "So we must keep going then, perhaps the tunnel does a sharp turn later?"
[Tue May 8 20:43:22 2007] : Alohoma: "I guess we follow the tunnel"
[Tue May 8 20:43:26 2007] : Osred: Osred follows Ted
[Tue May 8 20:43:38 2007] : Drilali: Dri follows Osred
[Tue May 8 20:43:41 2007] : DM: The tunnel twists and turns some more
[Tue May 8 20:44:13 2007] : DM: David: could you give us map 2 please?
[Tue May 8 20:44:34 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of GM to (1) Ted...
[Tue May 8 20:45:32 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1) Ted...
[Tue May 8 20:45:37 2007] : DM: ooc thank you :)
[Tue May 8 20:45:44 2007] : Osred: ooc we at the top or bottom?
[Tue May 8 20:46:15 2007] : DM: You see another room before you (entering from below)
[Tue May 8 20:46:19 2007] : DM: The air here has become hot and dry.
[Tue May 8 20:46:44 2007] : DM: Small cracks and fissures decorate the floor, walls, and ceiling.
[Tue May 8 20:46:46 2007] : DM: Ahead, the cavernous expanse of a great chamber washed in a strangely shadowy flickering light beckons.
[Tue May 8 20:47:02 2007] : DM: The strange light emanates from a stone monolith standing in the midst of the chamber.
[Tue May 8 20:47:03 2007] : Osred: "Looks like fire ahead"
[Tue May 8 20:47:28 2007] : Drilali: "Feels like it too. You'd think it would burn the tree"
[Tue May 8 20:47:44 2007] : Osred: "I was just thinking the same"
[Tue May 8 20:47:45 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma stays within the shadows and risks a peep
[Tue May 8 20:47:47 2007] : Ted: Ted creeps forwards.
[Tue May 8 20:47:50 2007] : Ted: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+25] => [3,25] = (28)
[Tue May 8 20:47:51 2007] : Alohoma: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+30] => [17,30] = (47)
[Tue May 8 20:47:54 2007] : Ted: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+25] => [6,25] = (31)
[Tue May 8 20:48:04 2007] : Alohoma: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+30] => [3,30] = (33)
[Tue May 8 20:48:10 2007] : Ted: ooc what are the blue blobs on the map?
[Tue May 8 20:48:23 2007] : Osred: ooc ditto
[Tue May 8 20:48:25 2007] : DM: Fissures
[Tue May 8 20:48:41 2007] : Osred: ooc brb
[Tue May 8 20:48:53 2007] : Ted: Ted peers into a fissure, anything to see?
[Tue May 8 20:49:42 2007] : DM: Nope
[Tue May 8 20:49:43 2007] : Drilali: Dri drops his goggles into place, vanishes and goes for a look
[Tue May 8 20:49:58 2007] : Osred: ooc back
[Tue May 8 20:50:26 2007] : DM: You see 2 creatures
[Tue May 8 20:50:46 2007] : DM: Link
[Tue May 8 20:51:16 2007] : Osred: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [18,21] = (39)
[Tue May 8 20:51:31 2007] : Ted: ooc could you describe the monsters rather than linking to a picture? The 3.5e MM as a short paragraph you can use.
[Tue May 8 20:51:54 2007] : Osred: ooc the picture is still good
[Tue May 8 20:52:38 2007] : DM: Human-shaped horrors that haunt the darkness, they are about 20 feet tall and weigh about 12,000 pounds
[Tue May 8 20:53:21 2007] : DM: Drilali is the only one that can see them, his googles give them a red outline
[Tue May 8 20:53:59 2007] : Drilali: There is an audible gulp from beside Ted
[Tue May 8 20:54:04 2007] : Alohoma: ooc goggles of? red outlining? ;)
[Tue May 8 20:54:20 2007] : Drilali: ooc goggles of revealing
[Tue May 8 20:54:31 2007] : Alohoma: ooc thank you :D
[Tue May 8 20:54:45 2007] : Ted: (whispering) "What is it Dri? I don't see anything."
[Tue May 8 20:54:46 2007] : Drilali: (whispering) back out, now
[Tue May 8 20:55:15 2007] : Ted: Ted does so.
[Tue May 8 20:55:19 2007] : Osred: "What is it?"
[Tue May 8 20:55:21 2007] : Drilali: "two very very big things, one right in front of us!"
[Tue May 8 20:55:32 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma awaits Dri's answer with expectation
[Tue May 8 20:55:35 2007] : Osred: Osred and Nana back up
[Tue May 8 20:56:20 2007] : Drilali: ooc can I cast, or do you want initiative first?
[Tue May 8 20:56:38 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma backs at the same time she reaches in her pouch for a tube of dust of appearance
[Tue May 8 20:57:05 2007] : DM: Initiative
[Tue May 8 20:57:17 2007] : Osred: Osred Initiative: [1d20+3] => [9,3] = (12)
[Tue May 8 20:57:21 2007] : Osred: Nana Initiative: [1d20+6] => [11,6] = (17)
[Tue May 8 20:57:24 2007] : Drilali: Drilali: Initiative: [1d20+8] => [4,8] = (12)
[Tue May 8 20:57:38 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma pops the wooden stopper
[Tue May 8 20:57:42 2007] : Alohoma: Initiative: [1d20+11] => [3,11] = (14)
[Tue May 8 20:57:48 2007] : Ted: [1d10+4] => [7,4] = (11)
[Tue May 8 20:58:28 2007] : Drilali: ooc do you throw that bottle, or pour the contents?
[Tue May 8 20:59:31 2007] : DM: ooc Throw the dust, it's a bone container, that doesn't break as easily as glass
[Tue May 8 20:59:36 2007] : Alohoma: ooc it's dust. So right now, i don't do anything untill you tell me where to dust
[Tue May 8 21:00:21 2007] : Drilali: ooc hehe
[Tue May 8 21:01:44 2007] : DM: Just waiting there?
[Tue May 8 21:01:49 2007] : Osred: ooc I'm assuming that Knowledge religion did nothing DM?
[Tue May 8 21:02:11 2007] : Ted: ooc we're waiting for you to say whose turn it is.
[Tue May 8 21:02:13 2007] : Osred: ooc who are you talikng to??
[Tue May 8 21:02:46 2007] : Osred: ooc scratch the knowledge quedtion I can't see them
[Tue May 8 21:03:00 2007] : DM: ooc No, you have no knowledge of these creatures
[Tue May 8 21:03:42 2007] : Drilali: ooc it moved first then?
[Tue May 8 21:03:55 2007] : DM: Ted feels he's being attacked, althoug ht can't see his attacker
[Tue May 8 21:04:23 2007] : DM: Slam Attack Roll: [1d20+24] => [6,24] = (30) ===> Damage: [2d6+2+14] => [3,3,2,14] = (22)
[Tue May 8 21:04:39 2007] : Ted: Hit.
[Tue May 8 21:04:44 2007] : Osred: ooc moved it back, if it's huge it was too close
[Tue May 8 21:04:55 2007] : Drilali: "It's in front of Ted!"
[Tue May 8 21:05:56 2007] : DM: Suddenly you all see the creature that has attacked Ted, it just appears as if from thin air
[Tue May 8 21:06:37 2007] : Ted: "Bloody hell!"
[Tue May 8 21:06:39 2007] : DM: Nanalantar?
[Tue May 8 21:06:58 2007] : Osred: Nanalantar Casts: Lightning Bolt (innate): Bolt of electricity in a 120ft line dealing [6d6] => [1,3,6,4,1,1] = (16) damage (Reflex save DC 14 for half damage)
[Tue May 8 21:07:15 2007] : Osred: Nana steps to the side to avoid Ted
[Tue May 8 21:07:32 2007] : DM: Reflex save: [1d20+11] => [4,11] = (15)
[Tue May 8 21:07:48 2007] : The evil around you: ooc SR?
[Tue May 8 21:08:07 2007] : Osred: ooc both of them
[Tue May 8 21:08:29 2007] : The evil around you: ooc two spell pen checks then
[Tue May 8 21:08:48 2007] : Osred: [1d20+6] => [15,6] = (21)
[Tue May 8 21:08:48 2007] : DM: Reflex save: [1d20+11] => [19,11] = (30)
[Tue May 8 21:08:50 2007] : Osred: [1d20+6] => [7,6] = (13)
[Tue May 8 21:09:02 2007] : The evil around you: Fail, fail
[Tue May 8 21:09:33 2007] : Osred: ooc ok - DONE
[Tue May 8 21:10:36 2007] : DM: Alohoma?
[Tue May 8 21:10:44 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma eyes carefully the blows her companions are given and those they give and pours the dust in her hand. She squints trying to outline the creature, fails to do so but throws the dust as high as she can in front of Ted
[Tue May 8 21:10:50 2007] : Osred: ooc I guess the second is actually still invisible
[Tue May 8 21:11:11 2007] : Alohoma: ooc reveals for 5 minutes.
[Tue May 8 21:11:26 2007] : Alohoma: take a step back and try hiding in the shadows.
[Tue May 8 21:11:29 2007] : Alohoma: done.
[Tue May 8 21:11:47 2007] : Alohoma: ooc wait Reach 10 right?
[Tue May 8 21:11:47 2007] : Osred: ooc it's visible, but it should stop it disappearing
[Tue May 8 21:12:13 2007] : Alohoma: ooc so if I take a 5ft step, I'm good?
[Tue May 8 21:12:49 2007] : DM: The creature is still as visible as it was a moment ago
[Tue May 8 21:13:14 2007] : DM: ooc Are you sure you want to do this?
[Tue May 8 21:13:14 2007] : Alohoma: ooc sorry missed the part wherere we see it :)
[Tue May 8 21:13:36 2007] : DM: Slow motion replay: Suddenly you all see the creature that has attacked Ted, it just appears as if from thin air
[Tue May 8 21:13:49 2007] : Alohoma: ooc yes, I still do the same.
[Tue May 8 21:13:53 2007] : DM: Want to try again?
[Tue May 8 21:13:55 2007] : DM: OK
[Tue May 8 21:14:00 2007] : Alohoma: "It should stop disappearing now. Just in case"
[Tue May 8 21:14:39 2007] : DM: Osred?
[Tue May 8 21:14:51 2007] : Osred: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [10,21] = (31)
[Tue May 8 21:15:15 2007] : Osred: Osred looks at the creature
[Tue May 8 21:16:54 2007] : Osred: ooc waiting on info DM
[Tue May 8 21:16:56 2007] : DM: You recognise the creature from the descriptiosn you've heard, this is cleary a Nightwalker
[Tue May 8 21:17:19 2007] : Osred: ooc undead? weaknesses?
[Tue May 8 21:17:33 2007] : DM: ooc I was working on it, Craig
[Tue May 8 21:18:11 2007] : DM: These creatures are undead, they're not susecptible to cold
[Tue May 8 21:18:27 2007] : DM: Magic, silver weapons work best against them
[Tue May 8 21:18:48 2007] : Osred: Osred speaks as his memory comes
[Tue May 8 21:19:14 2007] : DM: You alsoknows they have their own magic
[Tue May 8 21:19:46 2007] : Osred: Osred utters some words under his breath, gestures and casts a spell
[Tue May 8 21:20:49 2007] : Osred: Osred casts Sunburst behind the creature =>
[Tue May 8 21:21:02 2007] : The evil around you: ooc hang on a mo
[Tue May 8 21:21:06 2007] : Osred: ooc err, sunbeam that is
[Tue May 8 21:22:27 2007] : Osred: [17d6] => [5,5,6,1,4,6,2,3,6,5,2,1,2,6,2,4,5] = (65)
[Tue May 8 21:23:02 2007] : The evil around you: ooc some force seems to resist the casting of the spell. Spell pen check please
[Tue May 8 21:23:14 2007] : Osred: Caster Level Check - Spell Penetration: [1d20+17+2] => [19,17,2] = (38)
[Tue May 8 21:23:15 2007] : DM: Spell penetration check
[Tue May 8 21:23:48 2007] : DM: ooc Darn. I was typing that :P
[Tue May 8 21:24:21 2007] : Osred: ooc not behind - it's a beam from my hand - reflex save DC 24
[Tue May 8 21:24:28 2007] : DM: Reflex save: [1d20+11] => [18,11] = (29)
[Tue May 8 21:24:34 2007] : DM: Reflex save: [1d20+11] => [2,11] = (13)
[Tue May 8 21:24:59 2007] : Osred: ooc only one creature
[Tue May 8 21:25:39 2007] : Osred: ooc oh no, each creature in the beam, so both :D
[Tue May 8 21:25:43 2007] : Osred: Caster Level Check - Spell Penetration: [1d20+17+2] => [8,17,2] = (27)
[Tue May 8 21:26:39 2007] : Osred: Done
[Tue May 8 21:27:16 2007] : DM: ooc brb
[Tue May 8 21:27:30 2007] : Osred: ooc but I can't see the second one!
[Tue May 8 21:29:07 2007] : DM: ooc Another Spell penetration check, please
[Tue May 8 21:29:08 2007] : Drilali: ooc if you moved first would it be reasonable to think you'd hit it accidently?
[Tue May 8 21:29:34 2007] : Osred: ooc already done
[Tue May 8 21:29:47 2007] : DM: Nope, I need a 3rd one'
[Tue May 8 21:29:54 2007] : Osred: Caster Level Check - Spell Penetration: [1d20+17+2] => [10,17,2] = (29)
[Tue May 8 21:31:15 2007] : Osred: ooc anythinhg further back in the cave would be revealed by the burst if not invisible
[Tue May 8 21:31:16 2007] : DM: The monster in fron tof you does not seem to be effected by the spell
[Tue May 8 21:31:39 2007] : Osred: ooc the save is only for half damage
[Tue May 8 21:31:53 2007] : Osred: ooc and I got a 39 for penetration on the first target
[Tue May 8 21:31:56 2007] : DM: And nothing seems to change further on, you can't see if you hit anything
[Tue May 8 21:32:42 2007] : Osred: ooc I'm done BTW
[Tue May 8 21:33:01 2007] : DM: The spell fizzles in your hand as the second monster appears
[Tue May 8 21:33:09 2007] : DM: Drilali?
[Tue May 8 21:33:19 2007] : Osred: ooc it's been dispelled?
[Tue May 8 21:33:28 2007] : Drilali: Dri backs up a little and casts...
[Tue May 8 21:33:30 2007] : DM: ooc Yep
[Tue May 8 21:33:34 2007] : Drilali: Drilali Casts L6 spell... (DC26): Chain Lightning (DC27) - [14d6] => [1,1,3,5,4,6,5,4,4,6,6,4,2,1] = (52) to primary, and half that total to 14 more targets
[Tue May 8 21:33:48 2007] : Drilali: Drilali: Spell Penetration: [1d20+14+2+2] => [11,14,2,2] = (29)
[Tue May 8 21:33:49 2007] : Drilali: Drilali: Spell Penetration: [1d20+14+2+2] => [2,14,2,2] = (20)
[Tue May 8 21:33:52 2007] : Osred: ooc I have SR
[Tue May 8 21:35:14 2007] : Drilali: done
[Tue May 8 21:35:40 2007] : DM: Reflex?
[Tue May 8 21:35:58 2007] : Ted: ooc yes
[Tue May 8 21:36:00 2007] : Drilali: yeah half
[Tue May 8 21:36:08 2007] : DM: Reflex save: [1d20+11] => [9,11] = (20)
[Tue May 8 21:37:30 2007] : DM: The first monster has some scorchmarks
[Tue May 8 21:37:53 2007] : DM: Neither seems seriously hurt
[Tue May 8 21:38:47 2007] : The evil around you: Spined tendrils erupt from the floor and walls, filling an area 30' across and centred on Osred. The lash and flail at anything they can reach, directed by some evil will.
[Tue May 8 21:40:00 2007] : The evil around you: Osred : One attack at +28 hits AC 47, 30 damage
[Tue May 8 21:40:31 2007] : The evil around you: Dri : AC 44, 27 damage
[Tue May 8 21:40:42 2007] : Osred: "Aaargh"
[Tue May 8 21:40:43 2007] : The evil around you: Alo : Natural 1.
[Tue May 8 21:41:05 2007] : The evil around you: Ted : AC 41, 29 damage
[Tue May 8 21:41:25 2007] : The evil around you: Nana : AC 43, 18 damage
[Tue May 8 21:41:40 2007] : Drilali: "eeargg"
[Tue May 8 21:41:46 2007] : Alohoma: ooc phew.
[Tue May 8 21:42:16 2007] : Osred: ooc 10 DR unless cold iron or evil
[Tue May 8 21:42:21 2007] : Drilali: ooc could the natural 1 not hit the bad guy instead?
[Tue May 8 21:42:44 2007] : Osred: ooc only 8, or still 18?
[Tue May 8 21:42:49 2007] : Drilali: ooc 10/cold iron for me
[Tue May 8 21:42:53 2007] : The evil around you: Monster 1 : AC 37, 23 damage
[Tue May 8 21:42:53 2007] : Alohoma: ooc huh? you want me to be hit?
[Tue May 8 21:43:07 2007] : DM: ooc LOL
[Tue May 8 21:43:39 2007] : Osred: ooc vs who Bee?
[Tue May 8 21:43:47 2007] : The evil around you: The tendrils are evil, but not cold iron
[Tue May 8 21:43:48 2007] : Drilali: ooc no! I meant as a comedy crit miss
[Tue May 8 21:43:50 2007] : Alohoma: ooc vs Monster 1 :D
[Tue May 8 21:43:53 2007] : DM: ooc Bert wants to know if the attacker should not get damage because of the natural 1
[Tue May 8 21:44:06 2007] : Drilali: ooc was only kidding :)
[Tue May 8 21:44:16 2007] : Osred: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+23] => [10,23] = (33)
[Tue May 8 21:44:40 2007] : The evil around you: wasn't any spell that you are familiar with
[Tue May 8 21:44:56 2007] : The evil around you: The tendrils continue to fill the area.
[Tue May 8 21:44:57 2007] : The evil around you: DFone
[Tue May 8 21:45:14 2007] : Drilali: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [9,21] = (30)
[Tue May 8 21:45:17 2007] : Drilali: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+23] => [1,23] = (24)
[Tue May 8 21:45:24 2007] : Drilali: ooc :/
[Tue May 8 21:45:27 2007] : Osred: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [2,21] = (23)
[Tue May 8 21:45:27 2007] : Osred: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+16] => [13,16] = (29)
[Tue May 8 21:45:33 2007] : DM: The Nightwakker in front of Ted hits him again with all its might
[Tue May 8 21:45:33 2007] : Alohoma: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [15,6] = (21)
[Tue May 8 21:45:36 2007] : DM: Slam Attack Roll: [1d20+24] => [7,24] = (31) ===> Damage: [2d6+2+14] => [2,3,2,14] = (21)
[Tue May 8 21:45:36 2007] : DM: Slam Attack Roll: [1d20+24] => [11,24] = (35) ===> Damage: [2d6+2+14] => [5,1,2,14] = (22)
[Tue May 8 21:45:47 2007] : Ted: ooc Can I get a turn please?
[Tue May 8 21:46:26 2007] : DM: ooc Sorry, I missed your init roll., What was it?
[Tue May 8 21:46:42 2007] : The evil around you: ooc 11
[Tue May 8 21:46:42 2007] : Ted: ooc 11
[Tue May 8 21:47:20 2007] : DM: Go ahead, David, scratch that last attack on Ted
[Tue May 8 21:48:14 2007] : Ted: Ted goes on the defensive (combat expertise, 5 pnts), draws his two blades and leaps past the nightwalker in front of him, slashing as he passes.
[Tue May 8 21:48:22 2007] : Ted: Stabber (base): [1d20+27] => [9,27] = (36) ===> Damage: [1d6+9] => [6,9] = (15)
[Tue May 8 21:48:28 2007] : Ted: 31 to hit
[Tue May 8 21:48:37 2007] : Ted: done
[Tue May 8 21:49:25 2007] : DM: ooc 31 to hit? What do you mean?
[Tue May 8 21:49:45 2007] : Ted: ooc 36 - 5 from combat expertise penalty
[Tue May 8 21:50:24 2007] : DM: The monster doesn't seem ot be bothered at all by Ted's attack
[Tue May 8 21:50:56 2007] : DM: It turns to Nanalantar and tries to hit him
[Tue May 8 21:51:01 2007] : DM: Slam Attack Roll: [1d20+24] => [14,24] = (38) ===> Damage: [2d6+2+14] => [2,2,2,14] = (20)
[Tue May 8 21:51:27 2007] : Osred: [1d4] => [1] = (1)
[Tue May 8 21:51:32 2007] : Osred: [1d100] => [5] = (5)
[Tue May 8 21:51:39 2007] : Osred: Miss from concealment
[Tue May 8 21:51:40 2007] : DM: The other Nightwalker comes nearer
[Tue May 8 21:52:08 2007] : Osred: ooc do I get concealment vs tentacles?
[Tue May 8 21:52:09 2007] : DM: Nanalantar?
[Tue May 8 21:52:22 2007] : Osred: ooc for blur?
[Tue May 8 21:52:45 2007] : Osred: Nana attacks back
[Tue May 8 21:53:00 2007] : Osred: Silvered Holy Scimitar +2 - vs. Evil (1st) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [7,21] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+2+2d6-1+8] => [3,2,2,3,6,-1,8] = (23)
[Tue May 8 21:53:02 2007] : Osred: Silvered Holy Scimitar +2 - vs. Evil (2nd) Attack Roll: [1d20+16] => [17,16] = (33) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+2+2d6-1+8] => [1,2,2,1,5,-1,8] = (18)
[Tue May 8 21:53:04 2007] : DM: ooc Do you think tentacles hit you because they see you?
[Tue May 8 21:53:08 2007] : Osred: Crit threat - Silvered Holy Scimitar +2 (2nd) Attack Roll: [1d20+20] => [3,20] = (23) ===> Damage: [2d6+4+4-2+8+8] => [2,2,4,4,-2,8,8] = (26)
[Tue May 8 21:53:31 2007] : Osred: ooc that's why I asked :P
[Tue May 8 21:53:33 2007] : Osred: Done
[Tue May 8 21:53:44 2007] : The evil around you: ooc Worth a try
[Tue May 8 21:53:46 2007] : Osred: ooc weapon is silvered and good
[Tue May 8 21:53:57 2007] : DM: [1d100] => [59] = (59)
[Tue May 8 21:54:11 2007] : The evil around you: ooc can't crit though
[Tue May 8 21:54:21 2007] : Osred: ooc damned undead!
[Tue May 8 21:54:35 2007] : DM: The second stroke hits the creature and hurts it
[Tue May 8 21:55:11 2007] : Osred: ooc Done BTW
[Tue May 8 21:55:21 2007] : DM: ooc Blur doesn't work against the tentacles, sorry
[Tue May 8 21:55:34 2007] : Osred: ooc OK :)
[Tue May 8 21:55:38 2007] : DM: Alohoma?
[Tue May 8 21:55:53 2007] : The evil around you: ooc the creature takes full damage from Nana's weapons
[Tue May 8 21:55:58 2007] : Alohoma: ooc can I (should I attack the tendril thingies?)
[Tue May 8 21:56:01 2007] : The evil around you: I think...
[Tue May 8 21:56:31 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma eyes the creatures swiftly draws her weapons.
[Tue May 8 21:57:18 2007] : Alohoma: ooc is the biggie 5 or 10 ft away from me? cos if he's 5, he actually moved into my area :P
[Tue May 8 21:57:58 2007] : DM: 5
[Tue May 8 21:58:19 2007] : Alohoma: ooc I get an AoO?
[Tue May 8 21:58:38 2007] : Alohoma: ooc forget it I had no weapons
[Tue May 8 21:58:38 2007] : Osred: ooc he moved *into* your threat area not out
[Tue May 8 21:58:41 2007] : Alohoma: anyway
[Tue May 8 21:58:55 2007] : Alohoma: so tentacles are attackable or not?
[Tue May 8 21:59:12 2007] : The evil around you: ooc I'd say not
[Tue May 8 21:59:14 2007] : DM: You can always try
[Tue May 8 21:59:23 2007] : Alohoma: if not, I can flank on the biggie
[Tue May 8 21:59:34 2007] : Alohoma: rcos he's busy elswhere?
[Tue May 8 22:01:11 2007] : Drilali: ooc #2 is still invisible, yeah?
[Tue May 8 22:01:18 2007] : DM: You can flank, you can't sneak
[Tue May 8 22:01:24 2007] : Alohoma: Her weapons drawn, Alohoma concentrates on the creature and attacks fiercely., slashing and piercing
[Tue May 8 22:01:26 2007] : DM: Both are visible
[Tue May 8 22:02:02 2007] : Alohoma: 1st-Subtlekeen (shortsword +3 - subtlety & keen) (2WF- PH) (+4 Att. & dmg. if sneak attack) Attack Roll: [1d20+20] => [8,20] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d6+3+1] => [6,3,1] = (10)
[Tue May 8 22:02:37 2007] : Alohoma: done.
[Tue May 8 22:02:59 2007] : DM: The valiant effort of Alohoma is to no avail she can't even hit the creature
[Tue May 8 22:03:06 2007] : DM: Osred?
[Tue May 8 22:03:48 2007] : Osred: ooc are the tentacles still there?
[Tue May 8 22:03:56 2007] : The evil around you: ooc yes
[Tue May 8 22:03:59 2007] : Osred: ooc if so can you show the extent please
[Tue May 8 22:05:03 2007] : The evil around you: ooc you are right in the middle
[Tue May 8 22:05:39 2007] : Osred: ooc I need to know if I can move out of them
[Tue May 8 22:05:44 2007] : The evil around you: Nana is on teh edge in front of you, it fills the corridor from side to side and extends 15' behind you
[Tue May 8 22:05:51 2007] : Alohoma (enter): 22:05
[Tue May 8 22:06:06 2007] : Alohoma: ooc hmpf.
[Tue May 8 22:06:08 2007] : DM: And 15 ft in front of you as well
[Tue May 8 22:06:20 2007] : DM: ooc PC problems?
[Tue May 8 22:06:25 2007] : The evil around you: ooc that ois going to provoke some AoOs
[Tue May 8 22:06:27 2007] : Osred: Osred clears the spines by moving North
[Tue May 8 22:06:31 2007] : Alohoma: Booting '(2) Alohoma' from server...
[Tue May 8 22:06:31 2007] : Osred: ooc OK
[Tue May 8 22:06:32 2007] : Alohoma (exit): 22:06
[Tue May 8 22:07:22 2007] : Osred: Osred begins casting a spell
[Tue May 8 22:07:39 2007] : Osred: AoO's first
[Tue May 8 22:07:49 2007] : Osred: ooc see if I'm still alive
[Tue May 8 22:08:16 2007] : DM: The Nightwalker turns as Osred passes and tries to kill him
[Tue May 8 22:08:18 2007] : DM: Slam Attack Roll: [1d20+24] => [10,24] = (34) ===> Damage: [2d6+2+14] => [6,5,2,14] = (27)
[Tue May 8 22:08:22 2007] : Osred: miss
[Tue May 8 22:08:26 2007] : The evil around you: ooc Natural 1
[Tue May 8 22:08:47 2007] : Osred: Casts - Level 6: : Banishment: Force 34 Hit Dice of extraplanar creatures out of your home plane. (Range: One or more creatures, no two of which may be more than 30 ft. apart.; Will save negates, (SR), DC23)
[Tue May 8 22:08:52 2007] : The evil around you: A tentacle flails as you move through but hits the ground by your boot
[Tue May 8 22:09:06 2007] : Osred: Caster Level Check - Spell Penetration: [1d20+17+2] => [7,17,2] = (26)
[Tue May 8 22:09:16 2007] : Osred: ooc poo! - Done
[Tue May 8 22:10:01 2007] : DM: Both Nightwalkers are still here
[Tue May 8 22:10:13 2007] : DM: Drilali?
[Tue May 8 22:10:40 2007] : Drilali: Dri follows Osred out of the tentacles, casting as he goes...
[Tue May 8 22:10:50 2007] : Drilali: AoO...
[Tue May 8 22:11:31 2007] : DM: As Drilali passes, the Nioghtwalker attacks him
[Tue May 8 22:11:41 2007] : DM: Slam Attack Roll: [1d20+24] => [12,24] = (36) ===> Damage: [2d6+2+14] => [5,4,2,14] = (25)
[Tue May 8 22:11:47 2007] : Drilali: hit
[Tue May 8 22:12:04 2007] : Drilali: "argh"
[Tue May 8 22:12:59 2007] : The evil around you: then a tendril lashes at him, hitting AC 37 for 23 damage
[Tue May 8 22:13:51 2007] : DM: You said you were casting?
[Tue May 8 22:13:53 2007] : Drilali: Dri would look pretty beaten up if anyone could see him
[Tue May 8 22:14:06 2007] : Drilali: Drilali Casts L3 spell... (DC23): Lightning Bolt (DC24) causing 10d6 damage
[Tue May 8 22:14:13 2007] : Drilali: [10d6] => [4,3,4,4,6,6,6,1,3,1] = (38)
[Tue May 8 22:14:32 2007] : Drilali: ooc forgot square brackets
[Tue May 8 22:14:37 2007] : DM: Aimed at?
[Tue May 8 22:14:42 2007] : Drilali: #1
[Tue May 8 22:14:44 2007] : Drilali: Drilali: Spell Penetration: [1d20+14+2+2] => [3,14,2,2] = (21)
[Tue May 8 22:15:07 2007] : Drilali: done
[Tue May 8 22:15:25 2007] : DM: The lightning bolt doesn't seem to reach the monster
[Tue May 8 22:15:32 2007] : DM: Ted?
[Tue May 8 22:16:06 2007] : Ted: Ted step back, draws a vial from his backpack and smears a silvery substance over Stabber.
[Tue May 8 22:16:08 2007] : Ted: Done.
[Tue May 8 22:17:45 2007] : DM: Bee?
[Tue May 8 22:17:56 2007] : The evil around you: The tendrils disappear back into the wall, disappearing as suddenly as they had come
[Tue May 8 22:18:34 2007] : The evil around you: Alohoma notices it is difficult to move. It's as if her feet are sticking to the floor. Looking down, she realises that the floor is covered with a greenish, sticky sap.
[Tue May 8 22:18:52 2007] : Alohoma: ooc drats
[Tue May 8 22:18:55 2007] : The evil around you: It extends in all directions as far as she can see into teh chamber
[Tue May 8 22:19:22 2007] : The evil around you: ooc everyone on teh floor can only move at one half speed.
[Tue May 8 22:19:31 2007] : The evil around you: The floor counts as difficult terrain.
[Tue May 8 22:19:40 2007] : The evil around you: Balance and Tumble are harder to use
[Tue May 8 22:19:41 2007] : Alohoma: ooc although. I have a ring of freedom of movement. Does that count? :D
[Tue May 8 22:19:56 2007] : The evil around you: you are not affectedd then
[Tue May 8 22:20:09 2007] : Osred: Osred utters a word of thanks to Hera as his Travel domain power kicks in
[Tue May 8 22:20:11 2007] : The evil around you: ooc subterranean curses
[Tue May 8 22:20:19 2007] : DM: ooc Awwww
[Tue May 8 22:20:47 2007] : Osred: ooc and Dri flies
[Tue May 8 22:21:12 2007] : Osred: ooc and Ted has a ring too :P
[Tue May 8 22:21:17 2007] : Osred: ooc ROFL
[Tue May 8 22:21:27 2007] : Alohoma: ooc huhuhu
[Tue May 8 22:21:31 2007] : Drilali: ooc heh
[Tue May 8 22:21:32 2007] : The evil around you: ooc even more subterranean curses
[Tue May 8 22:21:33 2007] : Ted: ooc ta. I'd forgotten about that
[Tue May 8 22:21:54 2007] : DM: The monster in front Ted stares at him
[Tue May 8 22:21:59 2007] : DM: Nightwalker Uses: Evil Gaze Paralyze creature by fearfor [1d8] => [7] = (7) rounds (DC 24 Will)
[Tue May 8 22:22:03 2007] : Ted: Will save: [1d20+11] => [8,11] = (19)
[Tue May 8 22:22:18 2007] : Osred: ooc eek!
[Tue May 8 22:22:26 2007] : DM: And Ted realises he can't move anymore
[Tue May 8 22:22:34 2007] : Alohoma: ooc shit.
[Tue May 8 22:23:25 2007] : The evil around you: ooc ring of freedom of movement...
[Tue May 8 22:23:37 2007] : Alohoma: ooc yes, but fear?
[Tue May 8 22:24:21 2007] : The evil around you: ooc paralysis for any reason
[Tue May 8 22:24:22 2007] : DM: The second creature turns to Nanalantar and casts a spell on him
[Tue May 8 22:24:31 2007] : Alohoma: ooc cool
[Tue May 8 22:24:34 2007] : DM: Nightwalker Uses: Confusion Confuse the targets, making them unable to independently determine what they will do
[Tue May 8 22:24:49 2007] : The evil around you: ooc ack!
[Tue May 8 22:24:55 2007] : Osred: Will save: [1d20+8] => [14,8] = (22)
[Tue May 8 22:25:06 2007] : DM: [1d100] => [37] = (37)
[Tue May 8 22:25:21 2007] : Ted: ooc that's a poor will save for a cleric.
[Tue May 8 22:25:28 2007] : Osred: ooc it's Nana
[Tue May 8 22:25:35 2007] : Alohoma: ooc yes, that's weird.
[Tue May 8 22:25:45 2007] : Alohoma: ooc ha.
[Tue May 8 22:27:02 2007] : DM: All Nanalantar can do for the moment is to babble incoherently
[Tue May 8 22:28:05 2007] : DM: Nanalantar?
[Tue May 8 22:28:23 2007] : Osred: ooc he's babbling apparently
[Tue May 8 22:28:27 2007] : The evil around you: ooc TLooks like Nana made his save
[Tue May 8 22:28:45 2007] : Osred: ooc thought so
[Tue May 8 22:28:48 2007] : DM: Yeah, I just realised I misread
[Tue May 8 22:28:49 2007] : Osred: Silvered Holy Scimitar +2 (1st) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [3,21] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+2-1+8] => [6,2,2,-1,8] = (17)
[Tue May 8 22:28:51 2007] : The evil around you: DC is 18
[Tue May 8 22:28:52 2007] : DM: ooc Darn!
[Tue May 8 22:28:54 2007] : Osred: Silvered Holy Scimitar +2 (2nd) Attack Roll: [1d20+16] => [1,16] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d6+2+2-1+8] => [2,2,2,-1,8] = (13)
[Tue May 8 22:29:01 2007] : Osred: Done
[Tue May 8 22:29:12 2007] : Osred: ooc a 3 and a 1??
[Tue May 8 22:29:43 2007] : DM: Osred never even hit the Nightwalker
[Tue May 8 22:29:50 2007] : The evil around you: ooc that's ungood...
[Tue May 8 22:29:59 2007] : DM: ooc And it's standing right in front of you
[Tue May 8 22:30:01 2007] : Ted: ooc doubleplus ungood
[Tue May 8 22:30:22 2007] : Osred: ooc it's Nana, sorry, never changed the nick
[Tue May 8 22:30:38 2007] : DM: Alohoma?
[Tue May 8 22:30:58 2007] : Alohoma: ooc only silver hits?
[Tue May 8 22:31:11 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma takes her breath and squints, her sword tries to enter the creature's mass, while her kukri's blade swiftly attempts to cut its non flesh.
[Tue May 8 22:31:15 2007] : Osred: ooc it has DR unless the weapon is silvered and magical
[Tue May 8 22:31:23 2007] : Alohoma: flanking
[Tue May 8 22:31:29 2007] : Alohoma: 1st-Subtlekeen (shortsword +3 - subtlety & keen) (2WF- PH) (+4 Att. & dmg. if sneak attack) Attack Roll: [1d20+20] => [11,20] = (31) ===> Damage: [1d6+3+1] => [4,3,1] = (8)
[Tue May 8 22:31:31 2007] : Alohoma: 2nd-Subtlekeen (shortsword +3 - subtlety & keen) (2WF- PH) (+4 Att. & dmg. if sneak attack) Attack Roll: [1d20+15] => [7,15] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d6+3+1] => [4,3,1] = (8)
[Tue May 8 22:31:32 2007] : Alohoma: 3rd-Subtlekeen (shortsword +3 - subtlety & keen) (2WF- PH) (+4 Att. & dmg. if sneak attack) Attack Roll: [1d20+10] => [17,10] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d6+3+1] => [5,3,1] = (9)
[Tue May 8 22:31:35 2007] : Alohoma: Bolt (Kukri cold iron +3 - shock & light) (2WF- OH) Attack Roll: [1d20+20] => [14,20] = (34) ===> Damage: [1d4+3+1] => [4,3,1] = (8)
[Tue May 8 22:31:41 2007] : Alohoma: [1d6] => [4] = (4)
[Tue May 8 22:31:54 2007] : Alohoma: ooc that's the electrical damage from the kukri if hits.
[Tue May 8 22:31:59 2007] : Alohoma: done.
[Tue May 8 22:32:24 2007] : DM: [1d100] => [29] = (29)
[Tue May 8 22:33:02 2007] : Alohoma: (+2 on all attak rolls) so that's 33 24 29 and 36
[Tue May 8 22:33:09 2007] : DM: The last attack makes contact with the creature, but doesn't penetratie its skin
[Tue May 8 22:33:33 2007] : Alohoma: ooc I hate undead
[Tue May 8 22:33:36 2007] : DM: And that goes for the first attack as well
[Tue May 8 22:33:47 2007] : DM: Osred?
[Tue May 8 22:34:23 2007] : Osred: Osred begins casting again
[Tue May 8 22:34:57 2007] : Osred: Casts - Level 7: : Cure Serious Wounds, Mass: Cures [17] => 17 creatures, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart, of [6,2,7,17] = (32) damage (max. +35). (Range: 65 ft.). Damages undead for an equal amount (Will save DC 25 for half damage)
[Tue May 8 22:35:13 2007] : Osred: Caster Level Check - Spell Penetration: [1d20+17+2] => [17,17,2] = (36)
[Tue May 8 22:35:15 2007] : Osred: Caster Level Check - Spell Penetration: [1d20+17+2] => [17,17,2] = (36)
[Tue May 8 22:35:34 2007] : Osred: ooc woot!
[Tue May 8 22:35:49 2007] : Drilali: ooc nice
[Tue May 8 22:36:06 2007] : Osred: ooc in place of a Holy Word spell
[Tue May 8 22:36:19 2007] : Osred: ooc done
[Tue May 8 22:36:23 2007] : DM: Will save: [1d20+19] => [13,19] = (32)
[Tue May 8 22:36:25 2007] : DM: Will save: [1d20+19] => [5,19] = (24)
[Tue May 8 22:37:05 2007] : Osred: ooc Dri needed it!
[Tue May 8 22:37:14 2007] : Drilali: ooc you're fecking right!
[Tue May 8 22:37:36 2007] : Ted: ooc does it reach Ted?
[Tue May 8 22:37:51 2007] : Osred: ooc yes, range is 65 ft
[Tue May 8 22:37:54 2007] : DM: Both creatures sustain extra wounds
[Tue May 8 22:38:03 2007] : Drilali: ooc I think it has to be either Ted or Alo who get healed
[Tue May 8 22:38:11 2007] : Drilali: ooc no 2 can be more than 30ft apart
[Tue May 8 22:38:15 2007] : The evil around you: ooc the mmax distance between any two creatures is 30'
[Tue May 8 22:38:48 2007] : DM: So either you hit both monsters or you hit #2 and Ted
[Tue May 8 22:38:59 2007] : Alohoma: ooc not me, I'm not hurt.
[Tue May 8 22:39:06 2007] : Osred: ooc ah, I guess it doesn't then, need to make sure I get both monsters
[Tue May 8 22:39:18 2007] : DM: ooc OK
[Tue May 8 22:39:31 2007] : DM: Drilali?
[Tue May 8 22:39:37 2007] : Drilali: Dri (feeling much better) backs up a little and with a flourish of his hands...
[Tue May 8 22:39:39 2007] : Osred: ooc sorry Ted
[Tue May 8 22:39:42 2007] : Drilali: Drilali Casts L6 spell... (DC26): Chain Lightning (DC27) - [14d6] => [3,6,5,4,6,3,2,4,1,6,4,6,4,4] = (58) to primary, and half that total to 14 more targets
[Tue May 8 22:39:48 2007] : Drilali: #1
[Tue May 8 22:39:52 2007] : Drilali: Drilali: Spell Penetration: [1d20+14+2+2] => [1,14,2,2] = (19)
[Tue May 8 22:39:53 2007] : Drilali: Drilali: Spell Penetration: [1d20+14+2+2] => [11,14,2,2] = (29)
[Tue May 8 22:40:39 2007] : Drilali: done
[Tue May 8 22:40:57 2007] : DM: The monster in front of Ted is getting a bit crispy
[Tue May 8 22:40:59 2007] : Osred: ooc it wouldn't have covered Aloh either
[Tue May 8 22:41:54 2007] : DM: Ted just stands there, unable to move, as he is attacked
[Tue May 8 22:41:59 2007] : DM: Slam Attack Roll: [1d20+24] => [10,24] = (34) ===> Damage: [2d6+2+14] => [3,2,2,14] = (21)
[Tue May 8 22:42:10 2007] : The evil around you: ooc tTed is not paralysed
[Tue May 8 22:42:36 2007] : Drilali: ooc brb
[Tue May 8 22:42:37 2007] : DM: And the other monster turns its attention on Nanalantar again
[Tue May 8 22:42:43 2007] : DM: Nightwalker Uses: Evil Gaze Paralyze creature by fear for [1d8] => [7] = (7) rounds (DC 24 Will)
[Tue May 8 22:43:18 2007] : Ted: miss
[Tue May 8 22:43:26 2007] : DM: Oops, Ted is not paralysed, it's jis turn
[Tue May 8 22:43:48 2007] : Osred: Will save: [1d20+8] => [10,8] = (18)
[Tue May 8 22:43:52 2007] : Ted: Ted goes on the offensive, his twin blade slashing at the Nightwalker.
[Tue May 8 22:43:56 2007] : Ted: Stabber (1) (base): [1d20+25] => [17,25] = (42) ===> Damage: [1d6+9] => [5,9] = (14)
[Tue May 8 22:43:57 2007] : Ted: Stabber (2) (base): [1d20+20] => [3,20] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d6+9] => [2,9] = (11)
[Tue May 8 22:43:58 2007] : Ted: Stabber (3) (base): [1d20+15] => [10,15] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d6+9] => [1,9] = (10)
[Tue May 8 22:43:58 2007] : Ted: Stabber (4) (base): [1d20+10] => [12,10] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d6+9] => [4,9] = (13)
[Tue May 8 22:43:59 2007] : Ted: Darter (1) (base): [1d20+25] => [8,25] = (33) ===> Damage: [1d4+6+1d6] => [3,6,4] = (13)
[Tue May 8 22:44:00 2007] : Ted: Darter (2) (base): [1d20+20] => [2,20] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d4+6+1d6] => [1,6,4] = (11)
[Tue May 8 22:44:00 2007] : Ted: Darter (3) (base): [1d20+15] => [12,15] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d4+6+1d6] => [2,6,2] = (10)
[Tue May 8 22:44:12 2007] : Ted: Stabber is silver and magic.
[Tue May 8 22:44:44 2007] : Ted: done
[Tue May 8 22:44:47 2007] : DM: The first attacks with both Stabber and the dagger hit
[Tue May 8 22:45:01 2007] : Ted: 18 damage
[Tue May 8 22:46:49 2007] : DM: Just 14 damage, I'm afraid, the second one doesn't overcome the DR
[Tue May 8 22:46:56 2007] : Ted: 4 acid damage
[Tue May 8 22:47:22 2007] : DM: Ah, could you include that in your attack text please?
[Tue May 8 22:48:27 2007] : DM: Both monsters look hurt
[Tue May 8 22:48:36 2007] : The evil around you: Nana feels the floor under his feet lurch then suddenly give way beneath him, and he feels the pull of gravity, straight down.
[Tue May 8 22:49:23 2007] : The evil around you: ooc Nana needs to make a Reflex save or fall into the pit that opened up under his feet.
[Tue May 8 22:49:41 2007] : Osred: ooc he's currently paralysed
[Tue May 8 22:50:06 2007] : The evil around you: ooc no, this happens before their turn
[Tue May 8 22:50:26 2007] : Osred: ooc umm before whose turn?
[Tue May 8 22:50:40 2007] : DM: ooc I went too fast, when I still thought Ted was paralysed
[Tue May 8 22:50:49 2007] : Osred: Reflex save: [1d20+12] => [6,12] = (18)
[Tue May 8 22:51:02 2007] : The evil around you: the nightwalkers go at teh start of the round, this happens last thing in the round
[Tue May 8 22:51:10 2007] : The evil around you: DC is 22.
[Tue May 8 22:51:34 2007] : Osred: ooc so he failed and fell, but is not paralysed?
[Tue May 8 22:51:51 2007] : The evil around you: yes
[Tue May 8 22:51:56 2007] : Osred: ooc OK
[Tue May 8 22:52:23 2007] : The evil around you: Nana falls down into the suddenly gaping shaft
[Tue May 8 22:53:02 2007] : The evil around you: 36 damage
[Tue May 8 22:53:13 2007] : Nanalantar: ooc umm, how far did he fall??
[Tue May 8 22:53:22 2007] : The evil around you: 100 feet
[Tue May 8 22:53:36 2007] : Nanalantar: ooc don't you fall less than that in a round?
[Tue May 8 22:53:48 2007] : The evil around you: ooc no
[Tue May 8 22:53:59 2007] : The evil around you: Freefalling in q1 erond 576 feet
[Tue May 8 22:54:08 2007] : The evil around you: that's 1 round, sorry
[Tue May 8 22:54:24 2007] : Nanalantar: ooc ok, -10 for dr
[Tue May 8 22:54:39 2007] : Ted: ooc can't nana fly at will?
[Tue May 8 22:54:47 2007] : The evil around you: that's the environs done
[Tue May 8 22:54:50 2007] : Nanalantar: OOC NO HE HAS TO BE A WHIRLWIND TO FLY
[Tue May 8 22:55:00 2007] : Nanalantar: ooc sorry about the caps
[Tue May 8 22:55:01 2007] : Ted: ooc sorry!
[Tue May 8 22:55:09 2007] : DM: ooc np
[Tue May 8 22:56:48 2007] : DM: ooc Still attacking Ted, of course, but not trying to paralyse Nanalantar
[Tue May 8 22:57:02 2007] : DM: ooc Take last attack rolls for Ted
[Tue May 8 22:57:25 2007] : Ted: Hit
[Tue May 8 22:57:35 2007] : DM: The other monster stares at Alohoma
[Tue May 8 22:57:42 2007] : DM: Nightwalker Uses: Evil Gaze Paralyze creature by fear for [1d8] => [2] = (2) rounds (DC 24 Will)
[Tue May 8 22:58:34 2007] : Alohoma: Will save: [1d20+10] => [16,10] = (26)
[Tue May 8 22:58:40 2007] : Alohoma: ooc wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
[Tue May 8 22:59:09 2007] : DM: ooc The monster doesn't know your ring negates it ;)
[Tue May 8 22:59:15 2007] : Drilali: ooc lol
[Tue May 8 22:59:21 2007] : DM: Nanalantar?
[Tue May 8 22:59:34 2007] : Nanalantar: In the flick of an eye, Nanalantar has dissolved into a whiff of dust hovering in place
[Tue May 8 22:59:49 2007] : Nanalantar: Nana then moves back up the shaft
[Tue May 8 23:00:05 2007] : The evil around you: ooc even more subterranean curses
[Tue May 8 23:00:28 2007] : Nanalantar: Done is there a cavern undernrath, or was it just a single pit?
[Tue May 8 23:00:46 2007] : Nanalantar: ooc if a cavern, then he comes up a different shaft
[Tue May 8 23:00:58 2007] : DM: As Nanalantar moves up he sees that the shaft is slowly closing up
[Tue May 8 23:01:07 2007] : DM: ooc One shaft, with spikes at the bottom
[Tue May 8 23:01:07 2007] : The evil around you: ooc It was a vertical shaft 5' on a side all the way down
[Tue May 8 23:01:24 2007] : Nanalantar: ooc OK, speed = 100ft so I'm fast
[Tue May 8 23:01:26 2007] : The evil around you: ooc I forgot the spikes...
[Tue May 8 23:01:27 2007] : Nanalantar: Done
[Tue May 8 23:01:34 2007] : Ted: "Hurry up Nalantar!"
[Tue May 8 23:01:45 2007] : DM: Alohoma?
[Tue May 8 23:02:08 2007] : The evil around you: ooc wouldn't have hurt much
[Tue May 8 23:02:14 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma drops her sword, shifts her kukri to her left hand and hits as hard as she can.
[Tue May 8 23:02:20 2007] : Alohoma: Bolt (Kukri cold iron +3 - shock & light) (+1d6) Attack Roll: [1d20+22] => [4,22] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d4+3+1] => [4,3,1] = (8)
[Tue May 8 23:02:25 2007] : Alohoma: [1d6] => [3] = (3)
[Tue May 8 23:02:40 2007] : Alohoma: electricity damage.
[Tue May 8 23:02:57 2007] : DM: And she manages the bloody big monster right in front of her
[Tue May 8 23:03:17 2007] : DM: Done?
[Tue May 8 23:03:23 2007] : Alohoma: ooc w00t? I killed it?
[Tue May 8 23:03:43 2007] : DM: to miis, sorry, she manages to miss
[Tue May 8 23:03:47 2007] : Alohoma: Done.
[Tue May 8 23:03:51 2007] : Drilali: ooc lol
[Tue May 8 23:03:53 2007] : Nanalantar: ooc sorry, Nana wouldn't have stayed to be hit, so I moved him away
[Tue May 8 23:03:53 2007] : Alohoma: ooc ok, :)
[Tue May 8 23:04:13 2007] : DM: Osred?
[Tue May 8 23:04:26 2007] : Drilali: ooc how do the monsters look, injury-wise?
[Tue May 8 23:04:57 2007] : DM: They both look less than well, the fight has taken its toll on them
[Tue May 8 23:05:02 2007] : Nanalantar: Osred moves north-east
[Tue May 8 23:05:37 2007] : Nanalantar: Osred then begins casting
[Tue May 8 23:05:39 2007] : Nanalantar: Done
[Tue May 8 23:05:42 2007] : The evil around you: ooc that provokes an OAoO
[Tue May 8 23:05:48 2007] : Nanalantar: ok
[Tue May 8 23:06:06 2007] : Osred: ooc stupid nicks
[Tue May 8 23:06:23 2007] : DM: As Osred moves, the monster turns and attacks him
[Tue May 8 23:06:25 2007] : DM: Slam Attack Roll: [1d20+24] => [1,24] = (25) ===> Damage: [2d6+2+14] => [3,6,2,14] = (25)
[Tue May 8 23:06:29 2007] : Osred: miss
[Tue May 8 23:06:53 2007] : DM: Drilali?
[Tue May 8 23:07:48 2007] : Drilali: Dri raises his hands a fires hot rays from his fingertips (at #2)
[Tue May 8 23:07:50 2007] : Drilali: Drilali Casts L2 spell... (DC22): Scorching Ray (DC23)
Ray1: [1d20+15] => [3,15] = (18) dmg:[4d6] => [3,2,6,2] = (13),
Ray2: [1d20+15] => [15,15] = (30) dmg:[4d6] => [5,2,6,5] = (18),
Ray3: [1d20+15] => [14,15] = (29) dmg : [4d6] => [6,3,2,6] = (17)

[Tue May 8 23:07:59 2007] : Drilali: Drilali: Spell Penetration: [1d20+14+2+2] => [16,14,2,2] = (34)
[Tue May 8 23:08:24 2007] : DM: Aimed at?
[Tue May 8 23:08:40 2007] : Drilali: #2, as I said
[Tue May 8 23:08:54 2007] : DM: OK, I managed to miss that
[Tue May 8 23:09:00 2007] : Drilali: ooc :)
[Tue May 8 23:09:41 2007] : DM: And suddenly there is just one monster standing, as the other one crumbles to the ground
[Tue May 8 23:09:46 2007] : Drilali: ooc I managed to miss 2 of the 3 letters in 'and' :(
[Tue May 8 23:10:01 2007] : DM: ooc LOL
[Tue May 8 23:10:21 2007] : Drilali: ooc \o/
[Tue May 8 23:10:43 2007] : DM: Ted?
[Tue May 8 23:11:17 2007] : Ted: Ted leaps forwards and stabs the remaining nightwalker it its back
[Tue May 8 23:11:25 2007] : Ted: Stabber (base): [1d20+27] => [6,27] = (33) ===> Damage: [1d6+9] => [6,9] = (15)
[Tue May 8 23:11:29 2007] : Nanalantar: Osred looks alarmed as hot fire whizzes past his face
[Tue May 8 23:11:32 2007] : Ted: +2 for flanking
[Tue May 8 23:12:04 2007] : Ted: done
[Tue May 8 23:12:21 2007] : Drilali: ooc osred can dry his eyes as Dri is well above his head
[Tue May 8 23:12:37 2007] : DM: The Nightwalker sustains another wound and is looking seriuosly hurt
[Tue May 8 23:12:57 2007] : The evil around you: next...
[Tue May 8 23:13:22 2007] : DM: ooc Bee, let's kill them it's getting late ;)
[Tue May 8 23:13:24 2007] : Ted: ooc forgot about the sticky floor. I couldn't move that far.
[Tue May 8 23:13:30 2007] : The evil around you: With a grinding roar, the floor under your feet shakes and tries to throw you around. You have to fight to maintain your balance, and doing anything else requires a real effort.
[Tue May 8 23:13:37 2007] : Nanalantar: ooc you have freedom of movement
[Tue May 8 23:14:05 2007] : Ted: ooc Cool. That ring is so awesome!
[Tue May 8 23:14:12 2007] : The evil around you: ooc all creatures on the floor make DC22 Ref saves or lose a round of action
[Tue May 8 23:14:18 2007] : Ted: Reflex save: [1d20+20] => [14,20] = (34)
[Tue May 8 23:14:29 2007] : Nanalantar: Once again Osred is thankful for Hera's freedom to travel unhindered
[Tue May 8 23:14:32 2007] : Alohoma: Reflex save: [1d20+23] => [6,23] = (29)
[Tue May 8 23:14:43 2007] : Ted: Ted nimbly keeps his balance on the shifting floor.
[Tue May 8 23:14:51 2007] : Nanalantar: Reflex save: [1d20+17] => [12,17] = (29)
[Tue May 8 23:15:03 2007] : Nanalantar: ooc that's Osred BTW
[Tue May 8 23:15:15 2007] : The evil around you: ooc Osred needs to make this save; he's being shaken off balance
[Tue May 8 23:15:19 2007] : Drilali: flap, flap, flap...
[Tue May 8 23:15:20 2007] : The evil around you: ok
[Tue May 8 23:15:31 2007] : DM: ooc LOL@Drilali
[Tue May 8 23:15:40 2007] : Nanalantar: Nana swirls
[Tue May 8 23:15:44 2007] : The evil around you: ooc now Osred make a DC20 Concentration check or lose the spell he's casting
[Tue May 8 23:15:52 2007] : Nanalantar: Concentration Skill Check: [1d20+27] => [7,27] = (34)
[Tue May 8 23:15:59 2007] : The evil around you: ok
[Tue May 8 23:16:09 2007] : The evil around you: that's the evil environs done
[Tue May 8 23:16:24 2007] : The evil around you: for now...
[Tue May 8 23:16:56 2007] : DM: The remaining monster focuses its attention on Ted
[Tue May 8 23:17:13 2007] : DM: Nightwalker Uses: Unholy Blight Call up unholy power to smite enemies in the form of a cold, cloying miasma of greasy darkness [5d8] => [2,3,2,6,1] = (14) damage, [1d4] => [3] = (3) rounds sickened (Will DC18 for half damage and no sickening)
[Tue May 8 23:17:23 2007] : Ted: Will save: [1d20+11] => [8,11] = (19)
[Tue May 8 23:17:40 2007] : Nanalantar: ooc is that a cloud?
[Tue May 8 23:18:32 2007] : Drilali: Will Save : [1d20+24] => [5,24] = (29)
[Tue May 8 23:18:37 2007] : Nanalantar: Will save: [1d20+8] => [19,8] = (27)
[Tue May 8 23:18:47 2007] : Osred: Reflex save: [1d20+17] => [17,17] = (34)
[Tue May 8 23:18:48 2007] : Osred: Will save: [1d20+27] => [11,27] = (38)
[Tue May 8 23:18:57 2007] : Alohoma: Will save: [1d20+10] => [17,10] = (27)
[Tue May 8 23:19:53 2007] : DM: 20 ft radius, cantered right behind Ted, so all 4 of you are effected
[Tue May 8 23:20:16 2007] : DM: Alohoma is free of the effects
[Tue May 8 23:20:40 2007] : DM: Nanalantar?
[Tue May 8 23:21:41 2007] : Alohoma: ooc half damage though, no?
[Tue May 8 23:21:51 2007] : Nanalantar: Nana slams into the beast [1d20+16] => [2,16] = (18) ==> Damage [1d6+9] => [2,9] = (11)
[Tue May 8 23:21:58 2007] : Nanalantar: Done
[Tue May 8 23:22:08 2007] : DM: ooc No damage for you, half for the others
[Tue May 8 23:22:32 2007] : DM: The beast doesn't even blinlk as the stroke goes wide
[Tue May 8 23:22:49 2007] : DM: Alohoma?
[Tue May 8 23:23:12 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma takes a leap towards the left and on the way tries to stab the monster. She stabs and then continues her leap moving away (spring attack)
[Tue May 8 23:23:46 2007] : Alohoma: Bolt (Kukri cold iron +3 - shock & light) (+1d6) Attack Roll: [1d20+22] => [3,22] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d4+3+1] => [4,3,1] = (8)
[Tue May 8 23:23:51 2007] : Alohoma: [1d6] => [6] = (6)
[Tue May 8 23:23:59 2007] : Alohoma: ooc flank I suppose?
[Tue May 8 23:24:05 2007] : Alohoma: so +2 on the attack.
[Tue May 8 23:24:09 2007] : Alohoma: and done.
[Tue May 8 23:24:22 2007] : DM: In her haste to get away again, Alohoma misses the creature
[Tue May 8 23:24:29 2007] : DM: Osred?
[Tue May 8 23:24:32 2007] : Osred: Osred finishes casting Augmented Summon Monster VII - Earth Elemental (Huge elemental): 195hp; damage reduction 5/ ; immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis & stunning; Immune to criticals & flanking; AC= 18 (18 FF, 7 Touch); Darkvision 60 ft; Speed 30ft (walk); Awesome Blow, Cleave, Great Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, Iron Will, Power Attack
[Tue May 8 23:24:59 2007] : DM: ooc That's quite a list ;)
[Tue May 8 23:25:08 2007] : Osred: Augmented Huge Earth Elemental: Full attack (Earth mastery - subtract 5 from attack and damage if foe is airborne; Crit 19-20 x2)
Slam:
[1d20+22] => [7,22] = (29) ==> Damage: [2d10+12] => [6,2,12] = (20)
Slam: [1d20+22] => [18,22] = (40) ==> Damage: [2d10+12] => [6,9,12] = (27)

[Tue May 8 23:26:03 2007] : Ted: ooc did you cunningly summon an earth elemental made from silver ore?
[Tue May 8 23:26:26 2007] : The evil around you: ooc he wishes!
[Tue May 8 23:26:34 2007] : DM: The Elemental hits the Nightwalker ones and manages to scratch its arm
[Tue May 8 23:26:36 2007] : Osred: ooc if there's silver nearby it's flecked with it
[Tue May 8 23:26:46 2007] : Drilali: ooc been reading oots again David? :)
[Tue May 8 23:26:53 2007] : DM: ooc In a tree? Dream on! ;-)
[Tue May 8 23:26:56 2007] : Osred: Casts - Level 6: : Cure Moderate Wounds, Mass: Cures 17 creatures, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart, of [2d8+17] => [4,1,17] = (22) damage (max. +30). (Range: 65 ft.). Damages undead for an equal amount (Will save DC 24 for half damage)
[Tue May 8 23:27:17 2007] : DM: Spell penetration?
[Tue May 8 23:27:20 2007] : Osred: Caster Level Check - Spell Penetration: [1d20+17+2] => [4,17,2] = (23)
[Tue May 8 23:27:56 2007] : Osred: done
[Tue May 8 23:28:13 2007] : DM: Althoug party members feel better after this spell, the monster is unaffected by it
[Tue May 8 23:28:18 2007] : DM: Drilali?
[Tue May 8 23:28:24 2007] : Drilali: With a swirl of his hands, Dri conjures up bolts of magical energy and sends them rocketing toward his enemy
[Tue May 8 23:28:28 2007] : Drilali: Drilali Casts L1 spell... (DC21): Magic Missile (DC22) causing [5d4+5] => [1,2,2,3,1,5] = (14) dmg
[Tue May 8 23:28:35 2007] : Alohoma: ooc 22 HP?
[Tue May 8 23:28:35 2007] : Drilali: Drilali: Spell Penetration: [1d20+14+2+2] => [20,14,2,2] = (38)
[Tue May 8 23:28:44 2007] : DM: ooc Wow!
[Tue May 8 23:29:08 2007] : Osred: ooc in place of heal spellooc yes del
[Tue May 8 23:29:11 2007] : Ted: ooc shame to waste that spell penetration roll on magic missile!
[Tue May 8 23:29:12 2007] : DM: ooc Yep, 22 if in the range of the spell
[Tue May 8 23:29:21 2007] : Drilali: ooc I know
[Tue May 8 23:29:25 2007] : DM: ooc LOL
[Tue May 8 23:29:34 2007] : Osred: looc yes del
[Tue May 8 23:29:52 2007] : DM: The magic missiles send parts of the monsters skin flying
[Tue May 8 23:29:57 2007] : Osred: ooc in place of undeath to death spell, not heal
[Tue May 8 23:30:08 2007] : DM: Ted?
[Tue May 8 23:30:29 2007] : Ted: Ted attacks with precise cuts.
[Tue May 8 23:30:37 2007] : Ted: Stabber (1) (base): [1d20+25] => [19,25] = (44) ===> Damage: [1d6+9] => [5,9] = (14)
[Tue May 8 23:30:37 2007] : Ted: Critical hit? [1d20+25] => [19,25] = (44) ===> Damage: [2d6+18] => [1,3,18] = (22)
[Tue May 8 23:30:39 2007] : Ted: Stabber (2) (base): [1d20+20] => [10,20] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d6+9] => [3,9] = (12)
[Tue May 8 23:30:40 2007] : Ted: Stabber (3) (base): [1d20+15] => [20,15] = (35) ===> Damage: [1d6+9] => [3,9] = (12)
[Tue May 8 23:30:41 2007] : Ted: Critical hit? [1d20+15] => [1,15] = (16) ===> Damage: [2d6+18] => [2,3,18] = (23)
[Tue May 8 23:30:41 2007] : Ted: Stabber (4) (base): [1d20+10] => [7,10] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d6+9] => [5,9] = (14)
[Tue May 8 23:30:44 2007] : Ted: Darter (1) (base): [1d20+25] => [14,25] = (39) ===> Damage: [1d4+6+1d6] => [3,6,1] = (10)
[Tue May 8 23:30:44 2007] : Ted: Darter (2) (base): [1d20+20] => [8,20] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d4+6+1d6] => [3,6,1] = (10)
[Tue May 8 23:30:45 2007] : Ted: Darter (3) (base): [1d20+15] => [11,15] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d4+6+1d6] => [3,6,5] = (14)
[Tue May 8 23:31:21 2007] : Ted: done
[Tue May 8 23:31:44 2007] : DM: 1 crit, 2 other hits
[Tue May 8 23:31:48 2007] : Ted: ooc stabber is silvered and magic, darter is corrosive.
[Tue May 8 23:32:00 2007] : Ted: ooc no crit
[Tue May 8 23:32:02 2007] : The evil around you: ooc can't crit :(
[Tue May 8 23:33:21 2007] : DM: ooc How many damage for the dagger?
[Tue May 8 23:33:29 2007] : Ted: 1
[Tue May 8 23:34:12 2007] : DM: The monster is looking very bad indeed, it seems to be almost ready to give up
[Tue May 8 23:34:47 2007] : The evil around you: Spined tendrils erupt from the floor and walls, filling an area 30' across and centred on Osred. They lash and flail at anything they can reach, directeed by some evil will.
[Tue May 8 23:35:52 2007] : The evil around you: Osred : Attack at +28 hits AC 47 and deals 26 damage
[Tue May 8 23:36:12 2007] : The evil around you: Dri : Attack at +28 hits AC 47 and deals 26 damage
[Tue May 8 23:36:32 2007] : The evil around you: Ted : Attack at +28 hits AC 34 and deals 31 damage
[Tue May 8 23:37:11 2007] : The evil around you: The tentacles continue to wave around, threatening anything they can reach
[Tue May 8 23:37:25 2007] : The evil around you: environs fininsh, new round
[Tue May 8 23:37:48 2007] : Alohoma: ooc I don't get hit? o.O
[Tue May 8 23:38:07 2007] : Osred: ooc you're over 15ft away from Osred
[Tue May 8 23:38:07 2007] : The evil around you: ooc the centre of the tentacles is the corner where Dri's space meets Osred's
[Tue May 8 23:38:08 2007] : DM: The remaining monster turns its attention on the spellcaster (Osred) that has caused him so much pain
[Tue May 8 23:38:20 2007] : Alohoma: ooc ah no, 30 ft diameter, I thought radius
[Tue May 8 23:38:40 2007] : DM: Nightwalker Uses: Finger of Death Slay any one living creature within range (Fort 21 for [3d6+21] => [2,1,5,21] = (29) damage)
[Tue May 8 23:38:44 2007] : The evil around you: ooc if it was radius you'd all have been clobbered
[Tue May 8 23:38:52 2007] : Osred: Fortitude save: [1d20+21] => [17,21] = (38)
[Tue May 8 23:39:06 2007] : Osred: "Aaargh!"
[Tue May 8 23:39:07 2007] : The evil around you: ooc I kept rolling 19 on attack rolls...
[Tue May 8 23:39:50 2007] : DM: Osred is hurt by the attack, but remains alive
[Tue May 8 23:40:04 2007] : DM: Nanalantar?
[Tue May 8 23:40:34 2007] : Osred: Nana flies over the head of alohoma in a withdrawal
[Tue May 8 23:40:36 2007] : Osred: Done
[Tue May 8 23:40:48 2007] : DM: Alohoma?
[Tue May 8 23:42:40 2007] : Osred: ooc has she died again?
[Tue May 8 23:42:44 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma jumps to the creature, stabs, gets back (and curses herslf that she does not have a silver weapon)
[Tue May 8 23:42:50 2007] : Alohoma: Bolt (Kukri cold iron +3 - shock & light) (+1d6) Attack Roll: [1d20+22] => [12,22] = (34) ===> Damage: [1d4+3+1] => [2,3,1] = (6)
[Tue May 8 23:42:55 2007] : Alohoma: [1d6] => [3] = (3)
[Tue May 8 23:43:05 2007] : Alohoma: electricity damage.
[Tue May 8 23:43:07 2007] : Alohoma: done.
[Tue May 8 23:43:45 2007] : Alohoma: ooc I probably flak, if that helps.
[Tue May 8 23:43:51 2007] : Alohoma: *flank
[Tue May 8 23:43:52 2007] : DM: Although she lands a solid hit, she doesn't cut the monster, but the electricity seems to have an effect
[Tue May 8 23:44:42 2007] : DM: Osred?
[Tue May 8 23:44:44 2007] : Osred: Augmented Huge Earth Elemental: Full attack (Earth mastery - subtract 5 from attack and damage if foe is airborne; Crit 19-20 x2)
Slam:
[1d20+22] => [14,22] = (36) ==> Damage: [2d10+12] => [5,6,12] = (23)
Slam: [1d20+22] => [1,22] = (23) ==> Damage: [2d10+12] => [4,7,12] = (23)

[Tue May 8 23:45:20 2007] : Osred: Osred moves out of the radius of the tentacles
[Tue May 8 23:45:23 2007] : DM: The first attack hit solidly and the Nightwalker goes down
[Tue May 8 23:45:53 2007] : Osred: ooc AoO?
[Tue May 8 23:45:59 2007] : Ted: "Phew!"
[Tue May 8 23:46:14 2007] : The evil around you: ooc yep
[Tue May 8 23:46:22 2007] : The evil around you: Natural 1
[Tue May 8 23:46:24 2007] : DM: And the tentacles disappear again
[Tue May 8 23:46:29 2007] : The evil around you: for the *third time*
[Tue May 8 23:46:46 2007] : Osred: Osred moves to look at the strange pillar
[Tue May 8 23:46:52 2007] : Osred: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [5,6] = (11)
[Tue May 8 23:46:53 2007] : Osred: Knowledge: Religion Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [4,21] = (25)
[Tue May 8 23:46:54 2007] : Osred: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+16] => [15,16] = (31)
[Tue May 8 23:46:57 2007] : Drilali: ooc if you're wanting sympathy, you're in the wrong place :P
[Tue May 8 23:47:17 2007] : Drilali: Dri pops back into sight
[Tue May 8 23:47:20 2007] : Osred: "Well, they were pretty horrible"
[Tue May 8 23:47:26 2007] : Drilali: "Everyone Ok"
[Tue May 8 23:47:38 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma screams in frustration
[Tue May 8 23:47:54 2007] : Alohoma: "Yes, I am fine. But I couldn't think of anything to hurt those creatures."
[Tue May 8 23:47:54 2007] : Drilali: Dri slides the goggles up to let them recharge
[Tue May 8 23:47:58 2007] : Osred: Osred heals himself with the wand
[Tue May 8 23:48:03 2007] : DM: The monolith seems to be doing strange things to the light here
[Tue May 8 23:48:36 2007] : Ted: ooc 88 points down, burning through my wand of CLW, [10d8+10] => [2,3,5,8,3,4,4,1,7,2,10] = (49)
[Tue May 8 23:48:46 2007] : Ted: ooc 88 points down, burning through my wand of CLW, [4d8+4] => [8,5,2,2,4] = (21)
[Tue May 8 23:48:48 2007] : Osred: Wand of CSW ==> [3d8+5] => [5,8,7,5] = (25)
[Tue May 8 23:49:05 2007] : Ted: ooc 88 points down, burning through my wand of CLW, [2d8+2] => [7,4,2] = (13)
[Tue May 8 23:49:13 2007] : Ted: ooc 88 points down, burning through my wand of CLW, [1d8+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Tue May 8 23:49:13 2007] : Osred: Wand of CSW ==> [3d8+5] => [7,8,4,5] = (24)
[Tue May 8 23:49:19 2007] : Ted: ooc 88 points down, burning through my wand of CLW, [1d8+1] => [3,1] = (4)
[Tue May 8 23:49:28 2007] : Drilali: "I wouldn't mind a little healing" (down 16pts)
[Tue May 8 23:49:42 2007] : Osred: Osred uses a wand on Dri...
[Tue May 8 23:49:54 2007] : Osred: Wand of CLW ==> [1d8+1] => [6,1] = (7)
[Tue May 8 23:49:58 2007] : Osred: Wand of CLW ==> [1d8+1] => [8,1] = (9)
[Tue May 8 23:50:23 2007] : Drilali: "Thats great. Almost as good as those spells you cast earlier"
[Tue May 8 23:50:53 2007] : Osred: "Yes, I knew that they holy power would heal us and harm them"
[Tue May 8 23:51:02 2007] : Drilali: "Good thinking"
[Tue May 8 23:51:19 2007] : Drilali: "So whats this pillar doing?"
[Tue May 8 23:51:24 2007] : Drilali: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+21] => [16,21] = (37)
[Tue May 8 23:51:25 2007] : Osred: "How is everyone else?"
[Tue May 8 23:51:44 2007] : Ted: "I'm fine."
[Tue May 8 23:51:48 2007] : Osred: Osred uses a wand on Nana...
[Tue May 8 23:51:52 2007] : Osred: Wand of CLW ==> [1d8+1] => [3,1] = (4)
[Tue May 8 23:51:54 2007] : Osred: Wand of CLW ==> [1d8+1] => [4,1] = (5)
[Tue May 8 23:51:59 2007] : Alohoma: "I am fine. The good part is. I did not hit them, but they did not hit me"
[Tue May 8 23:52:01 2007] : DM: It's pretty certain that the monolith has an effect on all light spells
[Tue May 8 23:52:14 2007] : Ted: "Best to investigate this monolith with haste, least the tree starts attacking us again."
[Tue May 8 23:52:24 2007] : Drilali: ooc in what way?
[Tue May 8 23:52:26 2007] : DM: (Which accounts for the extra spell penetration check earlier)
[Tue May 8 23:52:50 2007] : Osred: "Hmm, so that's what happened to my sunbeam spell!"
[Tue May 8 23:53:12 2007] : Osred: "This is probably what dispelled it"
[Tue May 8 23:53:22 2007] : DM: All spells with light descriptor need to overcome the resistance offered by the monolith
[Tue May 8 23:53:27 2007] : Drilali: "Interesting. I wonder how it works, and what its doing down here"
[Tue May 8 23:53:37 2007] : Osred: "Shall we smash it?"
[Tue May 8 23:53:49 2007] : Osred: "I hate it already"
[Tue May 8 23:53:52 2007] : Ted: "Er....." Ted edges away.
[Tue May 8 23:53:53 2007] : DM: And the strange light gives cover to all enemies
[Tue May 8 23:54:17 2007] : Drilali: "Can that big elemental you summoned hit it?"
[Tue May 8 23:54:28 2007] : Osred: "Worth a try"
[Tue May 8 23:54:44 2007] : Osred: Osred stands back
[Tue May 8 23:54:51 2007] : Alohoma: Alohoma takes a step back
[Tue May 8 23:54:52 2007] : Osred: "Stand back everyone"
[Tue May 8 23:55:02 2007] : Osred: Augmented Huge Earth Elemental: Full attack (Earth mastery - subtract 5 from attack and damage if foe is airborne; Crit 19-20 x2)
Slam:
[1d20+22] => [13,22] = (35) ==> Damage: [2d10+12] => [8,8,12] = (28)
Slam: [1d20+22] => [5,22] = (27) ==> Damage: [2d10+12] => [5,2,12] = (19)

[Tue May 8 23:55:21 2007] : Osred: Augmented Huge Earth Elemental: Full attack (Earth mastery - subtract 5 from attack and damage if foe is airborne; Crit 19-20 x2)
Slam:
[1d20+22] => [15,22] = (37) ==> Damage: [2d10+12] => [9,10,12] = (31)
Slam: [1d20+22] => [7,22] = (29) ==> Damage: [2d10+12] => [8,2,12] = (22)

[Tue May 8 23:56:33 2007] : DM: The attacks seem to go through the monolith
[Tue May 8 23:56:43 2007] : Osred: Elemental keeps smashing at it
[Tue May 8 23:57:02 2007] : Osred: "OK, he's passing right through it"
[Tue May 8 23:57:10 2007] : Osred: "Let's leave it and head on"
[Tue May 8 23:57:13 2007] : DM: Knowledge the Planes
[Tue May 8 23:57:22 2007] : Osred: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+16] => [13,16] = (29)
[Tue May 8 23:57:24 2007] : Drilali: "Yes, we must keep moving"
[Tue May 8 23:57:44 2007] : Alohoma: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [12,6] = (18)
[Tue May 8 23:58:01 2007] : Osred: ooc how long was the floor sticky for?
[Tue May 8 23:58:02 2007] : DM: Osred realises that it's nor from this plane and as such could be less tham corporeal here
[Tue May 8 23:58:33 2007] : Osred: "Hmm, it's not corporeal"
[Tue May 8 23:58:47 2007] : DM: ooc All effects have disappeared, including the sticky floor
[Tue May 8 23:58:52 2007] : Osred: "Ah, shall we just go?"
[Tue May 8 23:59:13 2007] : Osred: ooc how many rounds was the floor sticky for? I need to strike them off my allowance
[Tue May 8 23:59:22 2007] : DM: ooc Time to quit, I think?
[Tue May 8 23:59:27 2007] : The evil around you: ooc count off 5 rounds
[Tue May 8 23:59:31 2007] : Osred: ooc sure
[Tue May 8 23:59:41 2007] : Drilali: ooc yeah
[Tue May 8 23:59:45 2007] : DM: ooc So 8 left ;)