Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / The Dark Trade - 13 March 2007

[Tue Mar 13 19:54:50 2007] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Tue Mar 13 19:55:41 2007] : (1) DM: You're riding south along the coast rode in pursuit of the crooked merchant, Westlin Ross.
[Tue Mar 13 19:56:41 2007] : (3) Aliatra: "So: what do we do when we find him?"
[Tue Mar 13 19:56:42 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan keeps riding
[Tue Mar 13 19:56:55 2007] : (1) DM: From information giving by a guard you know that he's accompanied some a "couple of" mercenaries and a creepy armoured guy with an equally creepy critter.
[Tue Mar 13 19:56:58 2007] : (2) Dan: "We 'have words' with him?"
[Tue Mar 13 19:57:47 2007] : (3) Aliatra: "With our fists, as Adrin wants?"
[Tue Mar 13 19:58:05 2007] : (1) DM: ooc can the DM drag out a 3 hour horse ride for a whole sessions...?
[Tue Mar 13 19:58:34 2007] : (3) Aliatra: ooc If anyone can, it's you! ;)
[Tue Mar 13 19:59:32 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc might be a dangerous road, or someone in peril needs our help?
[Tue Mar 13 20:00:00 2007] : (4) Oona: ooc some adventure where I can save them ;)
[Tue Mar 13 20:00:07 2007] : (3) Aliatra: ooc A damsel in distress?
[Tue Mar 13 20:02:07 2007] : (1) DM: A stiff off-shore breeze blows dark gray clouds in from the ocean, droplets of rain start to fall on dusty road.
[Tue Mar 13 20:03:07 2007] : (1) DM: Within minutes you're soaked by a torrential downpour.
[Tue Mar 13 20:03:14 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan pulls his cloak around him as he rides
[Tue Mar 13 20:04:05 2007] : (5) Aliatra (enter): 20:04
[Tue Mar 13 20:04:22 2007] : (1) DM: The heavy rain severely reduces the visibility, the brooding forest to your left looks like it might provide limited shelter.
[Tue Mar 13 20:04:28 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Was I the only one to get disconnected?
[Tue Mar 13 20:04:34 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc yes
[Tue Mar 13 20:04:56 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Weird
[Tue Mar 13 20:05:03 2007] : Server Administrator-> Kicking '(3) Aliatra' from server... Removing dead client
[Tue Mar 13 20:05:04 2007] : (3) Aliatra (exit): 20:05
[Tue Mar 13 20:05:17 2007] : (2) Dan: "I don't think we're getting anywhere in this downpour."
[Tue Mar 13 20:05:43 2007] : (2) Dan: "They'll have had to take shelter too, maybe we should wait it out in the woods?"
[Tue Mar 13 20:05:45 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "We can't even see where we're going. We'd better wait until it lets up"
[Tue Mar 13 20:05:45 2007] : (4) Oona: "Indeed"
[Tue Mar 13 20:07:10 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra steers her horse towards the trees
[Tue Mar 13 20:07:30 2007] : (4) Oona: "It would make sense, yes"
[Tue Mar 13 20:07:30 2007] : (4) Oona: Lia follows
[Tue Mar 13 20:07:37 2007] : (4) Oona: ooc darn, these need to be changed as well :)
[Tue Mar 13 20:07:41 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Let's find the driest spot we can see"
[Tue Mar 13 20:08:08 2007] : (2) Dan: "OK"
[Tue Mar 13 20:08:29 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan follows, looking for a drier spot
[Tue Mar 13 20:09:34 2007] : (1) DM: Once past the fringes of the woodland the dense canopy overhead provides some shelter from the rain.
[Tue Mar 13 20:10:07 2007] : (1) DM: You also see what appears to be a ramshackle tumble down building of some sort a bit further into the forest.
[Tue Mar 13 20:10:33 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Let's check it out"
[Tue Mar 13 20:10:57 2007] : (2) Dan: "Looks better than nothing"
[Tue Mar 13 20:11:02 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra rides towards the buidling, bow in hand
[Tue Mar 13 20:11:16 2007] : (4) Oona: Knowledge: Local Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
[Tue Mar 13 20:11:27 2007] : (4) Oona: "I wonder what that is."
[Tue Mar 13 20:12:06 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Only one way to find out"
[Tue Mar 13 20:12:09 2007] : (1) DM: ooc I'm not sure how knowledge: local is supposed to help there.
[Tue Mar 13 20:13:08 2007] : (1) DM: ooc seeing as there isn't a space of languages on the ORPG charsheet, it would be useful if people put their characters' known languages on the wiki.
[Tue Mar 13 20:13:33 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Sure, David
[Tue Mar 13 20:14:21 2007] : (4) Oona: ooc sorry. We're not so far from the city are we?
[Tue Mar 13 20:14:31 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc OK
[Tue Mar 13 20:14:44 2007] : (1) DM: ooc oh, that makes sense, Delphine.
[Tue Mar 13 20:14:45 2007] : (4) Oona: ooc so knowledge local would tell me about the surrounding,s any lost city, old village and odd ruins around
[Tue Mar 13 20:14:50 2007] : (4) Oona: ooc but I should have said that before :)
[Tue Mar 13 20:14:55 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc mine are draconic, elven, gnoll, goblin, orc and sylvan
[Tue Mar 13 20:15:18 2007] : (1) DM: ooc gnoll? How many gnolls do you talk to?
[Tue Mar 13 20:15:44 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc don't blame me - I only had a limited list to draw from as an elf
[Tue Mar 13 20:16:06 2007] : (4) Oona: celestial, common, draconic, elven, dwarven
[Tue Mar 13 20:16:11 2007] : (1) DM: The building is just a small hut with a half collapsed roof and sagging half timber walls.
[Tue Mar 13 20:16:23 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc I couldn't even take enough - I'm one short
[Tue Mar 13 20:16:41 2007] : (1) DM: ooc can't you pick from a wider selection as a wizard?
[Tue Mar 13 20:16:51 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc only draconic
[Tue Mar 13 20:17:03 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Ccmmon, dwarven, elven
[Tue Mar 13 20:17:11 2007] : (1) DM: It's smells rather bovine.
[Tue Mar 13 20:17:28 2007] : (2) Dan: "A cowshed?"
[Tue Mar 13 20:17:43 2007] : (2) Dan: "It's good enough for us and our horses"
[Tue Mar 13 20:17:44 2007] : (1) DM: The entrance is on the other side.
[Tue Mar 13 20:17:51 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "What's that stench?"
[Tue Mar 13 20:18:13 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Curiouser and curiouser
[Tue Mar 13 20:18:37 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Cows smell like that? And people still drink milk?"
[Tue Mar 13 20:19:32 2007] : (1) DM: By small I mean some 4x3 metres and 2 metres high.
[Tue Mar 13 20:19:35 2007] : (4) Oona: "Not sure what this hut is all about. But it sure hosted something not too civilised"
[Tue Mar 13 20:19:39 2007] : (2) Dan: "All animals smell when confined"
[Tue Mar 13 20:19:57 2007] : (1) DM: ooc or so you read in a book ;)
[Tue Mar 13 20:21:09 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "It reminds me why I prefer the city"
[Tue Mar 13 20:21:30 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc :P
[Tue Mar 13 20:21:42 2007] : (1) DM: Water drips on you from the leaves above.
[Tue Mar 13 20:22:00 2007] : (2) Dan: "Well, let's get inside and see if it's any drier"
[Tue Mar 13 20:22:31 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Yeah, sure"
[Tue Mar 13 20:22:47 2007] : (1) DM: The entrance which you surmise as previously human size has been enlarged by crude brute force.
[Tue Mar 13 20:23:14 2007] : (2) Dan: "Hmm, that's odd"
[Tue Mar 13 20:23:18 2007] : (1) DM: Jagged timbers and broken wattle and daub surround the entrance.
[Tue Mar 13 20:23:20 2007] : (2) Dan: Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [8,6] = (14)
[Tue Mar 13 20:23:28 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra dismounts, switches from bow to sowrd and goes towards the entrance
[Tue Mar 13 20:23:38 2007] : (1) DM: The inside is gloomy and it takes a moment for you to see what's inside.
[Tue Mar 13 20:24:06 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan dismounts and ties his horse to a nearby tree
[Tue Mar 13 20:24:10 2007] : (1) DM: ooc Dan, something strong, heavy and/or large just smashed the entrance larger.
[Tue Mar 13 20:24:39 2007] : (2) Dan: "Looks like something decided it needed a bigger doorway"
[Tue Mar 13 20:24:48 2007] : (4) Oona: Oona dismounts, ties her horse loosely in front of the entrance and holds her sword firm in the hand
[Tue Mar 13 20:24:50 2007] : (1) DM: The floor is covered in dirty straw and scattered about haphazardly are several bones.
[Tue Mar 13 20:25:15 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan draws his sword
[Tue Mar 13 20:25:21 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Cows eat meat?"
[Tue Mar 13 20:25:30 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan then looks inside with Ali
[Tue Mar 13 20:25:46 2007] : (2) Dan: "Umm, I'm no farmer, but I'd have to go with no"
[Tue Mar 13 20:26:41 2007] : (1) DM: Other than the bones and the dirty straw (which on closer inspecttion is actually dried braken rather than straw).
[Tue Mar 13 20:27:15 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "So something else then"
[Tue Mar 13 20:27:20 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan searches the room looking for any other clues to the occupant
[Tue Mar 13 20:27:24 2007] : (1) DM: ooc Knowledge: nature rolls to determine anything about the bones.
[Tue Mar 13 20:27:30 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc Take 20 = 27
[Tue Mar 13 20:27:35 2007] : (4) Oona: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [3,6] = (9)
[Tue Mar 13 20:27:35 2007] : (2) Dan: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Mar 13 20:27:38 2007] : (1) DM: There's nothing else in here.
[Tue Mar 13 20:28:45 2007] : (1) DM: Oona, you can tell the bones are from various animals but you can't identify which. Some of the bones have gnaw marks though you can't tell what sort of creature did the gnawing.
[Tue Mar 13 20:29:09 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "We can wait here, but we need te be careful, this place seems to be inhabited"
[Tue Mar 13 20:29:23 2007] : (4) Oona: "Hmm. This does not leave me a good impression"
[Tue Mar 13 20:29:42 2007] : (4) Oona: "gnawing in a hut just does not sound very good"
[Tue Mar 13 20:29:51 2007] : (2) Dan: "Well, shall we bring the horses in?"
[Tue Mar 13 20:29:51 2007] : (4) Oona: "coupled with that door thing..."
[Tue Mar 13 20:29:56 2007] : (4) Oona: "We might want to explore the surrounding sbefore we stay here"
[Tue Mar 13 20:30:20 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "In this weather?"
[Tue Mar 13 20:30:32 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "I wouldn't even know what to look for"
[Tue Mar 13 20:30:39 2007] : (2) Dan: "Yes, the whole point was to get out of the rain"
[Tue Mar 13 20:31:16 2007] : (4) Oona: "Well, we can stay out of the rain. And get gnawed"
[Tue Mar 13 20:31:22 2007] : (4) Oona: "Or we can stay out of the rain. And prepare a good fire"
[Tue Mar 13 20:31:45 2007] : (2) Dan: "Who knows how long the rain will last?"
[Tue Mar 13 20:31:46 2007] : (4) Oona: "Well you're right. Maybe we can just get the horses in there -- it cannot stink more I think"
[Tue Mar 13 20:31:59 2007] : (4) Oona: "And keep watch
[Tue Mar 13 20:31:59 2007] : (4) Oona: "
[Tue Mar 13 20:31:59 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "You get a fire started them I'll stay here on the look out for thr tennant of this place"
[Tue Mar 13 20:32:04 2007] : (2) Dan: "I'd rather not gather wood then have to leave"
[Tue Mar 13 20:32:30 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan goes and fetches Fleetfoot from outside
[Tue Mar 13 20:33:40 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc actually is there enough room for us and the horses? A horse is 10ft by 5ft...
[Tue Mar 13 20:34:02 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra fetches Thunder and takes care of him inside
[Tue Mar 13 20:35:37 2007] : (4) Oona: "Stiletti can stay outside I guess"
[Tue Mar 13 20:36:01 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Don't let him get eaten by the ogre"
[Tue Mar 13 20:36:44 2007] : (1) DM: After spending some dry but unpleasantly odorous 15 minutes inside the hut...
[Tue Mar 13 20:36:44 2007] : (2) Dan: "Bring him in, the horses will just have to crowd a little"
[Tue Mar 13 20:36:48 2007] : (1) DM: Listen checks.
[Tue Mar 13 20:36:57 2007] : (2) Dan: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [18,5] = (23)
[Tue Mar 13 20:36:59 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [11,2] = (13)
[Tue Mar 13 20:37:02 2007] : (4) Oona: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [1,9] = (10)
[Tue Mar 13 20:37:22 2007] : (4) Oona: ooc HOLY CRAP
[Tue Mar 13 20:37:45 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Did your ears just fall off?
[Tue Mar 13 20:37:51 2007] : (2) Dan: "Something big is coming"
[Tue Mar 13 20:37:59 2007] : (2) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Shield (level 1) : +4 shield bonus to AC. Protection from MM. (Duration - 1 minute/level)
[Tue Mar 13 20:38:08 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Where?"
[Tue Mar 13 20:38:18 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra grabs her sword
[Tue Mar 13 20:38:37 2007] : (2) Dan: "Don't know, I can just hear it"
[Tue Mar 13 20:38:48 2007] : (2) Dan: "Ah, to the West"
[Tue Mar 13 20:38:55 2007] : (2) Dan: "Still some way away"
[Tue Mar 13 20:39:11 2007] : (4) Oona: Oona straightens up and takes her dagger in the other hand, while coming closer to the door to hide behind the "embrasure"
[Tue Mar 13 20:39:27 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan steps out of the hut and hides amongst the trees
[Tue Mar 13 20:39:32 2007] : (2) Dan: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [20,4] = (24)
[Tue Mar 13 20:39:35 2007] : (4) Oona: ooc doorframe?
[Tue Mar 13 20:39:43 2007] : (4) Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [12,9] = (21)
[Tue Mar 13 20:40:11 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan is watching for first sight of the creature
[Tue Mar 13 20:40:23 2007] : (1) DM: Spot check.
[Tue Mar 13 20:40:38 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [16,2] = (18)
[Tue Mar 13 20:41:18 2007] : (2) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [14,5] = (19)
[Tue Mar 13 20:41:51 2007] : (4) Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [16,9] = (25)
[Tue Mar 13 20:41:52 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra follows Dan
[Tue Mar 13 20:42:21 2007] : (4) Oona: ooc how far from the hut?
[Tue Mar 13 20:42:45 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc Blow my cover why don't you!
[Tue Mar 13 20:43:27 2007] : (1) DM: Oona spots something large slowing moving through the trees, it's heading this way and is about 120 metres away.
[Tue Mar 13 20:43:54 2007] : (1) DM: The trees and undergrowth mean you can't see it clearly enough to identify it.
[Tue Mar 13 20:44:01 2007] : (1) DM: It doesn't appear to have seen you.
[Tue Mar 13 20:44:31 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Fight or flee?"
[Tue Mar 13 20:44:37 2007] : (4) Oona: "Shhhhh"
[Tue Mar 13 20:44:39 2007] : (1) DM: ooc remember you can avoid encounters, you don't need to fight them just because they're there. You'll get the XP regardless.
[Tue Mar 13 20:45:40 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc After all the trouble you went to? ;-)
[Tue Mar 13 20:45:56 2007] : (4) Oona: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [11,9] = (20)
[Tue Mar 13 20:46:01 2007] : (4) Oona: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [12,10] = (22)
[Tue Mar 13 20:46:12 2007] : (4) Oona: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11)
[Tue Mar 13 20:46:20 2007] : (4) Oona: Oona moves towards the trees as well, to get closer to the creature
[Tue Mar 13 20:46:26 2007] : (4) Oona: ooc rah, I thought the sentence was sent before the skills checks :(
[Tue Mar 13 20:46:29 2007] : (1) DM: ooc Knowledge: dungeoneering I think.
[Tue Mar 13 20:46:35 2007] : (4) Oona: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
[Tue Mar 13 20:46:46 2007] : (1) DM: Oona creeps closer.
[Tue Mar 13 20:46:53 2007] : (1) DM: [1d20+7] -> [1,7] = (8)
[Tue Mar 13 20:46:55 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [13,3] = (16)
[Tue Mar 13 20:47:00 2007] : (1) DM: [1d20+7] -> [20,7] = (27)
[Tue Mar 13 20:47:06 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan follows Oona
[Tue Mar 13 20:47:10 2007] : (2) Dan: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [18,4] = (22)
[Tue Mar 13 20:47:20 2007] : (2) Dan: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [7,10] = (17)
[Tue Mar 13 20:47:38 2007] : (4) Oona: ooc what's with the creepy dice, dammit
[Tue Mar 13 20:47:53 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc spot and listen checks?
[Tue Mar 13 20:48:05 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc for the beast
[Tue Mar 13 20:48:07 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra moves to the side and goes forward as well
[Tue Mar 13 20:48:08 2007] : (1) DM: Oona, as you get closer you see that it's a large humanoid covered in shaggy brown hair. Large bull-like horns sit on it's rather bovine looking head.
[Tue Mar 13 20:48:34 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc A minotaur?
[Tue Mar 13 20:48:43 2007] : (1) DM: It cocks it head, it's ears twitching and looks straight at Oona and roars.
[Tue Mar 13 20:49:05 2007] : (1) DM: It's dragging something with one hand and in the other it carries a large greataxe.
[Tue Mar 13 20:49:06 2007] : (4) Oona: (whispering to the others) "Well, not sure we can avoid it. The horses are in there anyway. We probably should just see what it's going to do and attack it by surprise"
[Tue Mar 13 20:49:37 2007] : (1) DM: It makes no move to attack and just roars threateningly in a guttural language.
[Tue Mar 13 20:49:54 2007] : (2) Dan: "What's it saying?"
[Tue Mar 13 20:50:10 2007] : (4) Oona: "No idea"
[Tue Mar 13 20:50:10 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc me no speak minotaur (giant?)
[Tue Mar 13 20:50:21 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "We might be able to get out of here without a fight. Let's move backwards, but not turn around"
[Tue Mar 13 20:50:38 2007] : (4) Oona: "Yeah, sounds like a plan"
[Tue Mar 13 20:50:43 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra doesn't understand a word
[Tue Mar 13 20:50:43 2007] : (1) DM: Dan knows that it's a minotaur, uncannily cunning trackers and fearsomely strong.
[Tue Mar 13 20:50:49 2007] : (2) Dan: "If you think that's best"
[Tue Mar 13 20:51:19 2007] : (2) Dan: "Minotaurs are notoriously strong and good trackers."
[Tue Mar 13 20:51:19 2007] : (1) DM: ooc actually they're only Str 19 so not that strong.
[Tue Mar 13 20:51:22 2007] : (4) Oona: Oona sheathes her dagger to show good will and starts backing away
[Tue Mar 13 20:51:28 2007] : (4) Oona: ooc lol
[Tue Mar 13 20:51:31 2007] : (2) Dan: "If we leave, it may follow us and get us while we sleep"
[Tue Mar 13 20:51:50 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "So we leave these woods and get wetter"
[Tue Mar 13 20:52:06 2007] : (1) DM: The minotaur is dragging a deer carcass.
[Tue Mar 13 20:52:16 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "I don't hope it can outrun our horses"
[Tue Mar 13 20:52:18 2007] : (4) Oona: "Agreed. Surprise would have done the trick. Now that he's seen us..."
[Tue Mar 13 20:52:18 2007] : (2) Dan: "I could fireball it from here"
[Tue Mar 13 20:52:40 2007] : (2) Dan: "The trees are wet, so they shouldn't combust"
[Tue Mar 13 20:53:04 2007] : (1) DM: ooc fireballs never set anything alight.
[Tue Mar 13 20:53:18 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc ah, OK!
[Tue Mar 13 20:53:24 2007] : (4) Oona: "this thing has done nothing to you. I do not see why you'd want to anger it"
[Tue Mar 13 20:53:36 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "I might be able to hold it up for a few moments if we want to mount our horses"
[Tue Mar 13 20:54:06 2007] : (4) Oona: ooc dave can you draw a quick map, I fail to see where everyone is right now
[Tue Mar 13 20:54:16 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc do I know their temperament?? Are they evil?
[Tue Mar 13 20:54:17 2007] : (1) DM: It's only moving at some 10-15ft per round as it's dragging the carcass which keeps snagging on tree roots.
[Tue Mar 13 20:55:12 2007] : (1) DM: ooc it's doesn't look like something benign, but then never do wolves.
[Tue Mar 13 20:55:21 2007] : (1) DM: ooc never = neither.
[Tue Mar 13 20:56:20 2007] : (1) DM: ooc are you going to attack or retreat?
[Tue Mar 13 20:56:38 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Still retreating
[Tue Mar 13 20:56:40 2007] : (4) Oona: ooc just tell me where the house is, the forest is and the minotaur is
[Tue Mar 13 20:56:59 2007] : (2) Dan: "Ali, they're incredibly strong. It would gore you in no time"
[Tue Mar 13 20:57:11 2007] : (2) Dan: "We either all attack as one, or not at all"
[Tue Mar 13 20:57:13 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc The forest is all around us, the moinotaur before us and the building behind us
[Tue Mar 13 20:57:14 2007] : (1) DM: ooc um, you're in the forest. it's all around you.
[Tue Mar 13 20:57:42 2007] : (4) Oona: ooc like that?
[Tue Mar 13 20:58:55 2007] : (1) DM: ooc the minotaur is off the map, it's some 200 ft away from the hut.
[Tue Mar 13 20:59:33 2007] : (4) Oona: "I say we have no reason except shelter to kill that thing. And frankly, I don't see us doing this just right now"
[Tue Mar 13 20:59:38 2007] : (1) DM: ooc you estimate you could retreat to the hut gather your mounts and be away before the minotaurs reaches it.
[Tue Mar 13 20:59:39 2007] : (4) Oona: "And that shelter is overrated anyway"
[Tue Mar 13 20:59:58 2007] : (2) Dan: "OK, let's just go"
[Tue Mar 13 21:00:03 2007] : (4) Oona: Oona starts retreating fast towards her horse, unties it and mounts
[Tue Mar 13 21:00:14 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan retreats a little quicker
[Tue Mar 13 21:00:14 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "And by now we're as wet as we're going to get anyway. I say we leave"
[Tue Mar 13 21:00:40 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra turns and runs to the shelter and her horse
[Tue Mar 13 21:00:41 2007] : (2) Dan: Once at the hut Dan grabs Fleetfoot and leads him outside
[Tue Mar 13 21:01:38 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra gets Thunder out and mounts him
[Tue Mar 13 21:01:49 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Where is that creature now?"
[Tue Mar 13 21:02:13 2007] : (1) DM: About 50 ft away, it's waving it's axe around menacingly.
[Tue Mar 13 21:02:23 2007] : (4) Oona: Oona is still outside looking at the creature approaching
[Tue Mar 13 21:02:31 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan mounts and rides away
[Tue Mar 13 21:02:50 2007] : (4) Oona: Oona stirs Stiletti and rides away
[Tue Mar 13 21:03:26 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra rides off, looking over her shoulder at the creature
[Tue Mar 13 21:03:53 2007] : (1) DM: ooc 300 XP each.
[Tue Mar 13 21:04:25 2007] : (1) DM: It reaches the hut and drags it deer carcass inside, you hear it being crudely butchered.
[Tue Mar 13 21:04:45 2007] : (2) Dan: "Horrible thing"
[Tue Mar 13 21:04:54 2007] : (1) DM: The rain has lessened slightly from a torrential downpour and just very heavy rain.
[Tue Mar 13 21:04:58 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra shudders at the sounds
[Tue Mar 13 21:06:01 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Let's see if we can catch us a merchant crook"
[Tue Mar 13 21:06:07 2007] : (2) Dan: "OK, maybe the heavy rain has our quarry bogged down further on?"
[Tue Mar 13 21:06:26 2007] : (2) Dan: "It would be good to try and catch him unawares"
[Tue Mar 13 21:06:43 2007] : (2) Dan: "Let's keep moving"
[Tue Mar 13 21:06:54 2007] : (1) DM: You ride on, your horses' hooves splashing through the muddy puddles on the road.
[Tue Mar 13 21:07:01 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan spurs Fleetfoot onwards in the rain
[Tue Mar 13 21:07:41 2007] : (1) DM: After a hour of riding...
[Tue Mar 13 21:07:44 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Don't be hard on your horse, it might have a long wayh to go before nightfall"
[Tue Mar 13 21:07:47 2007] : (1) DM: Spot checks.
[Tue Mar 13 21:08:12 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [11,2] = (13)
[Tue Mar 13 21:08:24 2007] : (4) Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [5,10] = (15)
[Tue Mar 13 21:09:03 2007] : (2) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [18,5] = (23)
[Tue Mar 13 21:09:31 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Yowzer!
[Tue Mar 13 21:10:43 2007] : (2) Dan: "Two large humanoids on the road ahead"
[Tue Mar 13 21:11:06 2007] : (2) Dan: "Do we move forwards to see what they are, and risk being seen or heard?"
[Tue Mar 13 21:11:18 2007] : (2) Dan: "Or do we slacken off th epace and stay behind them?"
[Tue Mar 13 21:11:29 2007] : (2) Dan: "I'd say we need to get past"
[Tue Mar 13 21:12:07 2007] : (1) DM: The rest of you can just make out two large humanoids moving about on the road ahead, the rain prevent you from identifing what they are unless you get closer.
[Tue Mar 13 21:12:16 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Let's ride on. No need to get paranoid, anyone could travel these roads. And they might even be coming towards us"
[Tue Mar 13 21:12:36 2007] : (4) Oona: "Agree with Ali"
[Tue Mar 13 21:13:25 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "And besides: if it's only two it can't be our quarry. But better be careful anyway"
[Tue Mar 13 21:13:30 2007] : (2) Dan: "Well let's approach cautiously, and I'll see if I can tell what they are"
[Tue Mar 13 21:13:39 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra gets her bow out
[Tue Mar 13 21:13:54 2007] : (4) Oona: ooc brb
[Tue Mar 13 21:14:00 2007] : (1) DM: You ride closer, the creatures are milling about on the road eventually see you and stand still looking towards you.
[Tue Mar 13 21:14:18 2007] : (1) DM: They're two ogres carrying tree branches for clubs.
[Tue Mar 13 21:14:57 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "What the ..."
[Tue Mar 13 21:15:08 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra stares at them
[Tue Mar 13 21:15:09 2007] : (1) Ogre: (in crude barely passable common) "Stop! Our bridge. You pay."
[Tue Mar 13 21:15:12 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [14,3] = (17)
[Tue Mar 13 21:15:43 2007] : (2) Dan: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [1,10] = (11)
[Tue Mar 13 21:15:44 2007] : (1) Ogre: It seems these ogres and freelance toll collectors for a small bridge.
[Tue Mar 13 21:16:33 2007] : (4) Oona: "We pay?"
[Tue Mar 13 21:16:39 2007] : (4) Oona: "Under what authority?"
[Tue Mar 13 21:16:46 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "In your blood"
[Tue Mar 13 21:16:50 2007] : (4) Oona: trying to se if I know about those practices
[Tue Mar 13 21:16:57 2007] : (4) Oona: Knowledge: Local Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
[Tue Mar 13 21:16:57 2007] : (2) Dan: "Will a fireball suffice?"
[Tue Mar 13 21:17:13 2007] : (4) Oona: ooc talk about a rogue :(
[Tue Mar 13 21:17:15 2007] : (1) Ogre: "Two hunnerd gold."
[Tue Mar 13 21:17:24 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "We not pay, we kill"
[Tue Mar 13 21:17:31 2007] : (4) Oona: "I don't think so"
[Tue Mar 13 21:18:09 2007] : (4) Oona: Oona dismounts presto
[Tue Mar 13 21:18:28 2007] : (1) Ogre: "Sure? Beat you to pulp and take gold anyway."
[Tue Mar 13 21:18:48 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan readies his hands to cast a spell
[Tue Mar 13 21:19:20 2007] : (1) Ogre: Roll initiative.
[Tue Mar 13 21:19:27 2007] : (1) Ogre: [1d20-1] -> [13,-1] = (12)
[Tue Mar 13 21:19:38 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] -> [16,7] = (23)
[Tue Mar 13 21:19:44 2007] : (2) Dan: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11)
[Tue Mar 13 21:20:02 2007] : (4) Oona: Initiative: [1d20+8] -> [7,8] = (15)
[Tue Mar 13 21:20:31 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra dismounts and draws her sword
[Tue Mar 13 21:21:08 2007] : (1) Ogre: Aliatra, it's your turn.
[Tue Mar 13 21:21:33 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Casting Bull's strength on myself
[Tue Mar 13 21:21:43 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 2: Bull's Strength (lvl 2) Subject gains +4 to Str for 1 min./lvl.
[Tue Mar 13 21:21:51 2007] : (4) Oona: ooc what's on the side of the road?
[Tue Mar 13 21:22:11 2007] : (1) DM: It's the grassy clifftop.
[Tue Mar 13 21:22:25 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Moving forward and done
[Tue Mar 13 21:22:43 2007] : (1) DM: Oona?
[Tue Mar 13 21:22:51 2007] : (4) Oona: Oona advances but stays behind Ali
[Tue Mar 13 21:22:53 2007] : (4) Oona: done
[Tue Mar 13 21:23:26 2007] : (1) Ogre: The ogre charges Ali.
[Tue Mar 13 21:23:47 2007] : (1) Ogre: [1d20+10] -> [16,10] = (26)
[Tue Mar 13 21:24:29 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Looks like a hit
[Tue Mar 13 21:25:11 2007] : (1) Ogre: The rough club smashes into your armour causing: [2d8+7] -> [1,1,7] = (9) damage.
[Tue Mar 13 21:25:21 2007] : (1) Ogre: ooc :(
[Tue Mar 13 21:25:28 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc - oof, lucky roll
[Tue Mar 13 21:25:43 2007] : (1) Ogre: The second ogre lumbers up and also smashes at Ali.
[Tue Mar 13 21:25:56 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Of course
[Tue Mar 13 21:26:00 2007] : (1) Ogre: [1d20+8] -> [1,8] = (9)
[Tue Mar 13 21:26:05 2007] : (1) Ogre: Miss.
[Tue Mar 13 21:26:19 2007] : (1) Ogre: "You pay. We stop."
[Tue Mar 13 21:26:24 2007] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Tue Mar 13 21:26:38 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "You die. We stop."
[Tue Mar 13 21:26:45 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan rides north-east a little
[Tue Mar 13 21:27:10 2007] : (2) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Fireball (level 3): Blasts a 20ft radius with fire dealing [6d6] -> [4,2,5,5,2,6] = (24) damage (Reflex save DC 18 for half damage)
[Tue Mar 13 21:27:11 2007] : (1) DM: ooc that's technically southeast.
[Tue Mar 13 21:27:28 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc, err, that too :D
[Tue Mar 13 21:27:40 2007] : (2) Dan: Behind the ogres, to get them both
[Tue Mar 13 21:27:54 2007] : (1) DM: [1d20+0] -> [10,0] = (10), [1d20+0] -> [15,0] = (15)
[Tue Mar 13 21:28:25 2007] : (2) Dan: Concetration Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [3,10] = (13)
[Tue Mar 13 21:28:27 2007] : (1) DM: The ogres roar in pain as the fireball sears they're flesh.
[Tue Mar 13 21:28:31 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc vs DC 10
[Tue Mar 13 21:28:51 2007] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Mar 13 21:29:06 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Attacking #1
[Tue Mar 13 21:29:16 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Greatsword +1 (base): [1d20+12] -> [18,12] = (30) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] -> [2,3,7] = (12)
[Tue Mar 13 21:29:56 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Done
[Tue Mar 13 21:30:39 2007] : (4) Oona: ooc can I flank 1?
[Tue Mar 13 21:30:39 2007] : (1) DM: You deal a mortal blow slicing through the tough skin of it's belly, the ogres hands clutch instinctively at the wound but to no avail. It staggers for a moment before keeling over.
[Tue Mar 13 21:31:12 2007] : (4) Oona: ooc or not
[Tue Mar 13 21:31:15 2007] : (1) DM: Oona, your turn. You could flank the corpse if you wish.
[Tue Mar 13 21:31:17 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc No need to flank #1 then ;-)
[Tue Mar 13 21:31:24 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Mar 13 21:31:28 2007] : (4) Oona: ooc what's 2 doing?
[Tue Mar 13 21:31:45 2007] : (1) DM: It was attacking Ali.
[Tue Mar 13 21:31:46 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Waiting for its turn
[Tue Mar 13 21:31:48 2007] : (4) Oona: ooc ok
[Tue Mar 13 21:31:57 2007] : (1) DM: ooc they have reach of 10 ft.
[Tue Mar 13 21:33:00 2007] : (4) Oona: Oona tries and aims at the ogre's knees, crouching to do so
[Tue Mar 13 21:33:08 2007] : (4) Oona: Sword, short +1 - 2W - PHand (base): [1d20+6] -> [20,6] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d6+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
[Tue Mar 13 21:33:09 2007] : (4) Oona: Critical hit? [1d20+6] -> [17,6] = (23) ===> Damage: [2d6+8] -> [6,4,8] = (18)
[Tue Mar 13 21:33:10 2007] : (4) Oona: Dagger MW - 2W - OHand (base): [1d20+6] -> [2,6] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d4+1] -> [3,1] = (4)
[Tue Mar 13 21:33:41 2007] : (4) Oona: ooc talk about ending the cycle of bad dice :D
[Tue Mar 13 21:33:56 2007] : (4) Oona: ooc crouching is probably not the word
[Tue Mar 13 21:33:57 2007] : (1) DM: You cut deep into it's knees severing a major artery. The ogre rapidly bleeds to death.
[Tue Mar 13 21:34:19 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Mar 13 21:34:21 2007] : (2) Dan: "So, ultimately, we reject your proposal"
[Tue Mar 13 21:34:23 2007] : (1) DM: ooc And they didn't even last long enough to surrender.
[Tue Mar 13 21:34:36 2007] : (4) Oona: "I guess that was the point we were trying o make, yes"
[Tue Mar 13 21:34:38 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc The poor things
[Tue Mar 13 21:34:50 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Let's see if they have any toll for us"
[Tue Mar 13 21:34:56 2007] : (2) Dan: "Let's see if they have any other toll money"
[Tue Mar 13 21:35:07 2007] : (2) Dan: "Great minds think alike Ali"
[Tue Mar 13 21:35:22 2007] : (4) Oona: Oona starts searching corpse of oger 1
[Tue Mar 13 21:35:27 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan dismounts and examines the area
[Tue Mar 13 21:35:29 2007] : (4) Oona: Oona starts searching corpse of oger 1
[Tue Mar 13 21:35:29 2007] : (1) DM: ooc 400 XP.
[Tue Mar 13 21:35:39 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra looks at #2
[Tue Mar 13 21:35:51 2007] : (1) DM: ooc 400 XP each that is.
[Tue Mar 13 21:35:57 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc search = 27
[Tue Mar 13 21:37:12 2007] : (1) DM: ooc spot checks everyone.
[Tue Mar 13 21:37:20 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [15,2] = (17)
[Tue Mar 13 21:37:21 2007] : (4) Oona: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [3,10] = (13)
[Tue Mar 13 21:37:38 2007] : (2) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
[Tue Mar 13 21:39:36 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra continues her search fo the corps
[Tue Mar 13 21:39:37 2007] : (1) DM: Dan, as you search the area you find where the ogres lurk under the bridge, there's a collection of what passes for good to an ogre but not much else.
[Tue Mar 13 21:39:54 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Take 20 for 20
[Tue Mar 13 21:40:06 2007] : (2) Dan: "Umm, I found their food stash"
[Tue Mar 13 21:40:13 2007] : (1) DM: The ogres aren't carrying anything of interest, they just wearing rough hide armour and carrying large branches for clubs.
[Tue Mar 13 21:40:33 2007] : (4) Oona: "Well, doesn't seem that they had much luck today"
[Tue Mar 13 21:40:36 2007] : (2) Dan: "I guess that the merchant managed to intimidate his way past"
[Tue Mar 13 21:40:39 2007] : (4) Oona: "Just some loose change"
[Tue Mar 13 21:41:02 2007] : (4) Oona: Oona shows a an handful of coins
[Tue Mar 13 21:41:07 2007] : (4) Oona: 8 GP
[Tue Mar 13 21:41:40 2007] : (4) Oona: "Or they weren't here at the time?"
[Tue Mar 13 21:41:47 2007] : (2) Dan: "Ah well."
[Tue Mar 13 21:41:57 2007] : (2) Dan: "Yes, maybe just chancers"
[Tue Mar 13 21:42:03 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Shouldn't they have their stash near here? They must have frightened people into paying, before or after they jkilled them"
[Tue Mar 13 21:42:04 2007] : (2) Dan: "Let's continue"
[Tue Mar 13 21:42:27 2007] : (2) Dan: "Perhaps you're right Ali"
[Tue Mar 13 21:42:29 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "I'd better do something about my wounds first"
[Tue Mar 13 21:42:45 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra Casts 1: Cure Light Wounds (lvl 1) Cures 1d8 damage +1/lvl (max +5) [1d8+3] -> [7,3] = (10).
[Tue Mar 13 21:42:46 2007] : (4) Oona: "Right. Need anything, I have a few handy potions"
[Tue Mar 13 21:42:46 2007] : (2) Dan: "Oh my, I forgot that they got you"
[Tue Mar 13 21:43:36 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "All done"
[Tue Mar 13 21:43:56 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Let's move on"
[Tue Mar 13 21:44:17 2007] : (4) Oona: Oona gives each 2 GP (adrin is supposed to be with us right?")
[Tue Mar 13 21:44:17 2007] : (2) Dan: "OK, let's go"
[Tue Mar 13 21:44:25 2007] : (1) DM: ooc yes.
[Tue Mar 13 21:45:01 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc we need to split the kitty following Lia's departure
[Tue Mar 13 21:45:15 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc I'm not sharing with this new woman ;P
[Tue Mar 13 21:45:32 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Mar 13 21:46:50 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc 945gp each
[Tue Mar 13 21:47:25 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc We'd better keep notes for Adrin's part
[Tue Mar 13 21:48:07 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc nope, that's wrong - Lia got her money before we paid for the horses (damn her)
[Tue Mar 13 21:48:30 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc 656 each
[Tue Mar 13 21:49:00 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan rides on
[Tue Mar 13 21:49:23 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra rides on, bow in hand
[Tue Mar 13 21:49:55 2007] : (4) Oona: ooc no, I did leave the money
[Tue Mar 13 21:50:09 2007] : (4) Oona: ooc I actually took it out of Lia's character sheet
[Tue Mar 13 21:50:11 2007] : (1) DM: You cross the wooden bridge over the small river and continue on the road.
[Tue Mar 13 21:50:15 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc never mind now, we gave her the money and she took it :)
[Tue Mar 13 21:50:43 2007] : (4) Oona: ooc I did this last week, I thought I had told you :(
[Tue Mar 13 21:51:19 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc ok, approx another 80gp each for the three of us
[Tue Mar 13 21:52:01 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan keeps an eye out for the merchant
[Tue Mar 13 21:52:53 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Keep those 80 gp in the kitty
[Tue Mar 13 21:52:55 2007] : (1) DM: How fast are you all riding?
[Tue Mar 13 21:53:15 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Not too fast, at an even, brisk pace
[Tue Mar 13 21:53:50 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc Ok
[Tue Mar 13 21:54:47 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc No reason for our horses to get exhausted or even lame because we ride them hard through the pouring rain
[Tue Mar 13 21:54:56 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc riding at double move for the horses? A canter?
[Tue Mar 13 21:55:13 2007] : (1) DM: ooc ok, you're going at a hustle. i.e., twice walking pace.
[Tue Mar 13 21:55:26 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Canter sounds about right
[Tue Mar 13 21:56:30 2007] : (1) DM: After another four hours of riding through the rain you spot a party of riding through the murk ahead. There are some 6 people on horseback moving at a walk.
[Tue Mar 13 21:57:08 2007] : (1) DM: One of the riders happens to look behind and spots you, a warning is shouted.
[Tue Mar 13 21:57:11 2007] : (1) DM: GAME END.