Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / The Dark Trade - 06 February 2007

[Tue Feb 6 19:31:31 2007] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Tue Feb 6 19:32:17 2007] : (1) DM: After the rude awakening by the (now dead) assassin you spend the remainder of the night uneventfully.
[Tue Feb 6 19:32:26 2007] : (2) Dan: ZZZZ
[Tue Feb 6 19:32:53 2007] : (4) Lia: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
[Tue Feb 6 19:33:03 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan rises from his trance after a good rest and memorises his spells for the day
[Tue Feb 6 19:33:13 2007] : (1) DM: It's now the following morning. In the morning papers you read about a letter Z shortage.
[Tue Feb 6 19:33:19 2007] : (4) Lia: ooc no, in my node it wasn't closed
[Tue Feb 6 19:34:18 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra wakes up and prays
[Tue Feb 6 19:34:42 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Lost your node again?
[Tue Feb 6 19:34:50 2007] : (2) Dan: Eollia Tried to cast Endure Elements but has used all of them for today, "Please rest so I can cast more."
[Tue Feb 6 19:35:00 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc oops!
[Tue Feb 6 19:35:08 2007] : (4) Lia: ooc lol
[Tue Feb 6 19:35:27 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Feb 6 19:35:50 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc was trying to see if it was something I could fix on my backup
[Tue Feb 6 19:36:07 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan goes downstairs for breakfast
[Tue Feb 6 19:37:01 2007] : (4) Lia: Lia is out with Moeki for a walk
[Tue Feb 6 19:39:09 2007] : (1) DM: The innkeeper mentions that the dead assassins body has been removed.
[Tue Feb 6 19:39:30 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc did we speak to him about it?"
[Tue Feb 6 19:39:39 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "That was to be expected. What do you have for breakfast"
[Tue Feb 6 19:40:00 2007] : (1) DM: ooc No. But as a government agent he knows what's going on.
[Tue Feb 6 19:40:22 2007] : (4) Lia: ooc LOL
[Tue Feb 6 19:41:52 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc ah, never realised he was an agent
[Tue Feb 6 19:42:13 2007] : (1) DM: ooc where are you poking your long noses next? Last time you mentioned going back to the dead guy's office when it would be open.
[Tue Feb 6 19:42:19 2007] : (2) Dan: "Did you dispose of him, or was it the general crowd?"
[Tue Feb 6 19:42:21 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc We were told he could be trusted, weren't we?
[Tue Feb 6 19:43:13 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Since we're getting paid to poke, that seems like a good place to go
[Tue Feb 6 19:43:25 2007] : (2) Dan: "If I can take a couple of hours, I can identify two of the items in the stash by the way"
[Tue Feb 6 19:43:29 2007] : (1) DM: ooc I Gah. Forgotten all the important names.
[Tue Feb 6 19:44:28 2007] : (2) Dan: "But perhaps we should press on with the investigation? I can do that later"
[Tue Feb 6 19:44:35 2007] : (4) Lia: ooc agreed for the office.
[Tue Feb 6 19:44:47 2007] : (4) Lia: Lia comes back for her walk
[Tue Feb 6 19:44:57 2007] : (4) Lia: "So are we heading to the office?"
[Tue Feb 6 19:45:05 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "I suppose those items can wait, let's go investigate"
[Tue Feb 6 19:46:06 2007] : (2) Dan: "OK, lets go back then"
[Tue Feb 6 19:48:17 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra walks out, fully aremd, looking menacing
[Tue Feb 6 19:48:24 2007] : (5) Aliatra: armed
[Tue Feb 6 19:48:24 2007] : (1) DM: You walk the short distance to Rudyard Moe's old office.
[Tue Feb 6 19:49:13 2007] : (2) Dan: "Well here it is"
[Tue Feb 6 19:49:20 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra walks up to the front door and knocks
[Tue Feb 6 19:49:30 2007] : (2) Dan: "Shall we knock, or just enter?"
[Tue Feb 6 19:49:39 2007] : (2) Dan: "Ah"
[Tue Feb 6 19:49:42 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan grins
[Tue Feb 6 19:49:46 2007] : (1) DM: After some time the door opens slowly and a old man peers around the doorframe.
[Tue Feb 6 19:50:06 2007] : (1) DM: "This office is closed until further notice."
[Tue Feb 6 19:50:38 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "That's understandable, but we're here on urgent business"
[Tue Feb 6 19:50:40 2007] : (4) Lia: "Excuse me?"
[Tue Feb 6 19:51:05 2007] : (1) Caretaker: "You won't get any urgent business done here, we're closed."
[Tue Feb 6 19:51:35 2007] : (1) Caretaker: "Didn't you hear that the Mr Moe is dead?"
[Tue Feb 6 19:51:36 2007] : (2) Dan: "We've been hired to investigate the death of the proprietor"
[Tue Feb 6 19:51:48 2007] : (2) Dan: "Indeed"
[Tue Feb 6 19:52:11 2007] : (1) Caretaker: "Ah." (He doesn't look keen on letting you in.)
[Tue Feb 6 19:52:22 2007] : (1) Caretaker: "We don't want more trouble here."
[Tue Feb 6 19:52:41 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Nobody wants that, I'm sure"
[Tue Feb 6 19:52:42 2007] : (4) Lia: "Not even to know who killed him and thay be brought to justice?"
[Tue Feb 6 19:53:06 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "At no cost to the firm"
[Tue Feb 6 19:53:16 2007] : (1) Caretaker: Diplomacy roll.
[Tue Feb 6 19:53:27 2007] : (2) Dan: "Yes, our pay is from an external party"
[Tue Feb 6 19:53:28 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [13,1] = (14)
[Tue Feb 6 19:53:33 2007] : (4) Lia: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [14,2] = (16)
[Tue Feb 6 19:54:52 2007] : (1) Caretaker: [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
[Tue Feb 6 19:54:54 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc from all of us?
[Tue Feb 6 19:55:09 2007] : (1) Caretaker: The caretaker reluctantly lets you in.
[Tue Feb 6 19:55:31 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc All that tried to persuade him, I'd say
[Tue Feb 6 19:55:36 2007] : (4) Lia: "Thank you"
[Tue Feb 6 19:55:43 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Thank you so much"
[Tue Feb 6 19:55:46 2007] : (1) Caretaker: "I suppose you'll want to see the room. It's the 1st floor at the back."
[Tue Feb 6 19:56:02 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra slips the caretakes a gp
[Tue Feb 6 19:56:08 2007] : (4) Lia: "Thank you"
[Tue Feb 6 19:56:29 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "That would be a good start. And then we'd lile to have a little talk with you"
[Tue Feb 6 19:57:18 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan keeps an eye out for anything unusual
[Tue Feb 6 19:57:24 2007] : (1) Caretaker: The caretaker shuffles back to his post.
[Tue Feb 6 19:57:32 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc plus I have elfsense for secret doors
[Tue Feb 6 19:58:18 2007] : (1) DM: The interior is tastefully decorated and not ostentatious.
[Tue Feb 6 19:59:09 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra takes a look at the desk
[Tue Feb 6 19:59:13 2007] : (1) DM: Heading the Rudyard's office?
[Tue Feb 6 19:59:22 2007] : (2) Dan: "What can you tell us about events in the days leading up to Mr Moe's death?"
[Tue Feb 6 19:59:24 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Yep
[Tue Feb 6 19:59:51 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc "leading up to"? LOL
[Tue Feb 6 20:01:03 2007] : (1) DM: The room is dominated by a large desk on which are stacked numerous piles of papers. There's a large blood stain on the desktop and the floor beneath.
[Tue Feb 6 20:01:09 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan waits to see if the old man answers
[Tue Feb 6 20:01:14 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra heads for the office
[Tue Feb 6 20:01:23 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra takes a look at the desk
[Tue Feb 6 20:01:37 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Is any of the windows boarded up?
[Tue Feb 6 20:01:37 2007] : (1) DM: The window directly behind the desk is broken and shards of broken glass litter the carpetted floor. This window has been borded up.
[Tue Feb 6 20:01:56 2007] : (1) DM: ooc boarded even.
[Tue Feb 6 20:02:06 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Hmm, seems to have been a messy death"
[Tue Feb 6 20:02:17 2007] : (1) DM: ooc The old man shuffled off to the basement.
[Tue Feb 6 20:02:27 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc ah, OK
[Tue Feb 6 20:02:42 2007] : (4) Lia: ooc ok, making my phone call, weill tell you when I'm back
[Tue Feb 6 20:02:48 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan follows the others upstairs and looks around
[Tue Feb 6 20:03:07 2007] : (1) DM: Spot checks.
[Tue Feb 6 20:03:21 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
[Tue Feb 6 20:03:36 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc What the ... I'm blind!
[Tue Feb 6 20:03:56 2007] : (2) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [14,5] = (19)
[Tue Feb 6 20:04:54 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc come off it, Huerney used to manage rolls of -1
[Tue Feb 6 20:04:57 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc I take is Delphine is making that call?
[Tue Feb 6 20:05:17 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc she said it would take about 30 minutes
[Tue Feb 6 20:05:39 2007] : (2) Dan: "Hmm, I found some feather remnants"
[Tue Feb 6 20:05:56 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Let's see what we can do to her char in 30 minutes ;)
[Tue Feb 6 20:06:03 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan searches the room thoroughly for anything else that seems out of place
[Tue Feb 6 20:06:16 2007] : (1) DM: ooc anyone have craft weapon skill?
[Tue Feb 6 20:06:16 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Feathers? Did you say feathers?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:06:19 2007] : (2) Dan: Search - Take 20 = 27
[Tue Feb 6 20:06:24 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc nope
[Tue Feb 6 20:06:35 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Nope
[Tue Feb 6 20:06:40 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc I have craft painting if that helps ;)
[Tue Feb 6 20:07:01 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc I think Adrin can craft weapons
[Tue Feb 6 20:07:16 2007] : (1) DM: Craft: Weaponsmithing Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [17,7] = (24)
[Tue Feb 6 20:07:47 2007] : (1) DM: Adrin recognizes the bits of feather as having been cut for use in flight feathers for an arrow or bolt.
[Tue Feb 6 20:08:54 2007] : (2) Dan: "Interesting"
[Tue Feb 6 20:08:58 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra looks out of the window next to the boarded up one to try and determine where the shot should have come from
[Tue Feb 6 20:09:08 2007] : (1) DM: Your searching reveals nothing of immediate interest. The stacks of paper might be interest but the columns of figures make little sense.
[Tue Feb 6 20:09:20 2007] : (2) Dan: "I think perhaps a little knowledge of what actually killed Mr Moe might help us right now"
[Tue Feb 6 20:10:04 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan tries to decipher the columns of figures
[Tue Feb 6 20:10:09 2007] : (2) Dan: Decipher Script Skill Check: [1d20+13] -> [5,13] = (18)
[Tue Feb 6 20:10:16 2007] : (1) DM: Since this is the back of the building the window looks across the courtyard to the buiding opposite and looking left, down into the ajacent alley.
[Tue Feb 6 20:10:17 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "My frist guess would be an arrow, if Adrin is right about that arrow"
[Tue Feb 6 20:10:19 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc a 5, damn!
[Tue Feb 6 20:10:51 2007] : (2) Dan: "Yes, but we're a bit behind if we don't even know what his official cause of death was"
[Tue Feb 6 20:11:03 2007] : (2) Dan: "Perhaps we should visit..."
[Tue Feb 6 20:11:17 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan winces as he says it
[Tue Feb 6 20:11:18 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "The undertaker?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:11:24 2007] : (2) Dan: "the guard house"
[Tue Feb 6 20:11:48 2007] : (2) Dan: "Phew! Yes the undertaker might be a better place!"
[Tue Feb 6 20:12:01 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Let's first have a little talk with the caretaker. did you find anything interesting here?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:12:37 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Can I determine where I would have stood to shoot an arrow and try to kill him?
[Tue Feb 6 20:12:40 2007] : (1) DM: ooc the paper are for sales and purchaces and business deals.
[Tue Feb 6 20:13:07 2007] : (1) DM: ooc I've told you what you can see out of the window.
[Tue Feb 6 20:14:10 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Since we're on the first floor, I'm guessing the bowman was in or on the building opposite"
[Tue Feb 6 20:14:34 2007] : (2) Dan: "Or that Mr Moe was on a ladder in the room"
[Tue Feb 6 20:14:46 2007] : (2) Dan: "I'd say that your guess is more likely however"
[Tue Feb 6 20:15:26 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "It's not easy firing an arrow from close range, especially when on a ladder" Aliatra grins
[Tue Feb 6 20:15:30 2007] : (2) Dan: "So maybe we should check out the building behind?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:15:54 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "After talking to the caretakes, yes"
[Tue Feb 6 20:16:00 2007] : (2) Dan: "Yes"
[Tue Feb 6 20:16:51 2007] : (2) Dan: "Let's go and see him now then"
[Tue Feb 6 20:17:00 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan heads down to the caretaker
[Tue Feb 6 20:17:08 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Right"
[Tue Feb 6 20:17:38 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra follows
[Tue Feb 6 20:17:42 2007] : (1) DM: The caretaker doesn't look pleased to see you again.
[Tue Feb 6 20:17:47 2007] : (1) DM: "What?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:18:33 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "I said we'd want to have a little talk with you"
[Tue Feb 6 20:18:42 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra jingles per purse
[Tue Feb 6 20:19:02 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "What can you tell us about the day your employer was killed?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:19:23 2007] : (1) Caretaker: "Well, alright. I'm a busy man so you best be quick." (he looks rather unbusy)
[Tue Feb 6 20:19:29 2007] : (2) Dan: "or indeed the few days beforehand"
[Tue Feb 6 20:19:37 2007] : (1) Caretaker: "Nothing. Was my day off."
[Tue Feb 6 20:19:49 2007] : (2) Dan: "I'm sure that we can reward you for your time"
[Tue Feb 6 20:20:01 2007] : (2) Dan: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [10,1] = (11)
[Tue Feb 6 20:20:19 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc thankfully the Dm gets to make that roll for you :D
[Tue Feb 6 20:20:31 2007] : (1) Caretaker: ooc maybe he's telling the truth, maybe he isn't.
[Tue Feb 6 20:20:57 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [9,6] = (15)
[Tue Feb 6 20:21:00 2007] : (2) Dan: "and the few days beforehand, were you off then too?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:21:33 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan openly jingles 5 silver pieces between his fingers
[Tue Feb 6 20:21:37 2007] : (1) Caretaker: "Before, that I dunno. P'raps a bit busier than usual. People always coming and going and tramping the mud off the street everywhere."
[Tue Feb 6 20:22:01 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc nice impression of a gruff old man BTW :D
[Tue Feb 6 20:22:26 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Did your employer seem worried about something? Were there any unusual messages or visitors? Did you hear any arguments?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:22:26 2007] : (2) Dan: "Did Mr Moe seem at all upset, or distracted?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:23:30 2007] : (1) Caretaker: "I'm not one to hob-nob with boss. P'raps you should speak to the clerks or his secretary instead of bothering me?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:23:51 2007] : (2) Dan: "Where might we find them?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:24:14 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Well, if you're sure they can use this goldpiece better than you"
[Tue Feb 6 20:24:30 2007] : (1) Caretaker: "Oh, I can't be tellin' you that. Confidential innit?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:25:02 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra puts the godlpiece down on the table
[Tue Feb 6 20:25:09 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "How confidential?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:25:34 2007] : (1) Caretaker: (He looks keenly at the coin)
[Tue Feb 6 20:25:44 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "We can find out in a dozen different ways, this is just the quickest"
[Tue Feb 6 20:25:59 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Nobody will know what you told us"
[Tue Feb 6 20:26:07 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan slowly pushes extra silver pieces up next to it, one at a time
[Tue Feb 6 20:26:12 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra has another gp in her hand
[Tue Feb 6 20:26:15 2007] : (2) Dan: one
[Tue Feb 6 20:26:24 2007] : (1) Caretaker: "Well..." (he retrieves a book and tells you the name of Moe's personal secretary.)
[Tue Feb 6 20:26:31 2007] : (2) Dan: and another, nice and slowly
[Tue Feb 6 20:26:37 2007] : (2) Dan: "And the clerks?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:26:51 2007] : (1) Caretaker: (waits)
[Tue Feb 6 20:26:53 2007] : (2) Dan: and a third coin
[Tue Feb 6 20:27:04 2007] : (2) Dan: followed by a fourth
[Tue Feb 6 20:27:09 2007] : (1) Caretaker: He gives you the name of the head clerk.
[Tue Feb 6 20:27:30 2007] : (2) Dan: "Why thankyou. A pleasure to meet you"
[Tue Feb 6 20:27:44 2007] : (2) Dan: "Ah, and an address?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:27:56 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan pushes a fifth coin
[Tue Feb 6 20:28:07 2007] : (1) Caretaker: "You didn't ask for no addresses."
[Tue Feb 6 20:28:21 2007] : (1) Caretaker: Addresses are supplied.
[Tue Feb 6 20:28:33 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Thank you so much"
[Tue Feb 6 20:28:38 2007] : (2) Dan: "Thankyou and good day"
[Tue Feb 6 20:28:48 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra leaves the other gp as well
[Tue Feb 6 20:29:12 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan gives Aliatra a funny look
[Tue Feb 6 20:29:29 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan leaves the offices
[Tue Feb 6 20:29:35 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc 3gp and a couple of sp, how may weeks salary is that?
[Tue Feb 6 20:29:47 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra leaves with the others
[Tue Feb 6 20:29:48 2007] : (2) Dan: "You really shouldn't be doing that"
[Tue Feb 6 20:29:54 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc exactly!
[Tue Feb 6 20:30:08 2007] : (2) Dan: "He had quite enough with wat we'd already given him"
[Tue Feb 6 20:30:09 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "One silverpiece at a time might be cheaper, but my way is much quicker"
[Tue Feb 6 20:30:25 2007] : (2) Dan: "Not at all, you have to appeal to their greed"
[Tue Feb 6 20:30:28 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Let him have a little rainfall"
[Tue Feb 6 20:30:37 2007] : (2) Dan: "And once you have th einfo, why give him a bonus?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:30:42 2007] : (1) Caretaker: ooc about 2 weeks for a unskilled worker let a caretaker.
[Tue Feb 6 20:30:47 2007] : (2) Dan: "Well, it's your money"
[Tue Feb 6 20:30:53 2007] : (1) Caretaker: ooc er 4 weeks.
[Tue Feb 6 20:31:08 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Bonusses are to ensure good service next time"
[Tue Feb 6 20:31:23 2007] : (2) Dan: "He seemed happy with the extra silver I was slowly offering him"
[Tue Feb 6 20:31:41 2007] : (2) Dan: "No, they ensure a greedy informant next time"
[Tue Feb 6 20:31:56 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "I know too well how it is having no money, I like to share the wealth"
[Tue Feb 6 20:32:04 2007] : (2) Dan: "And possibly an informant who tells all his friends about the moneybags"
[Tue Feb 6 20:32:06 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra shrugs
[Tue Feb 6 20:32:22 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Never mind now, water under the bridge"
[Tue Feb 6 20:32:28 2007] : (2) Dan: "Yes"
[Tue Feb 6 20:33:01 2007] : (2) Dan: "OK, the secretary first? Or the building behind?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:33:17 2007] : (2) Dan: "I think the building deserves a look while we're here"
[Tue Feb 6 20:33:35 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Before all tracks are lost"
[Tue Feb 6 20:34:23 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan looks for a way to get to the building at the back
[Tue Feb 6 20:34:38 2007] : (1) Caretaker: Via the alley is the shortest way.
[Tue Feb 6 20:34:49 2007] : (2) Dan: "Perhaps we should have a good look at the yard now we've been and spoken to the caretaker?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:35:28 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Why not? Leave no stone unturned etc."
[Tue Feb 6 20:36:00 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc was there a gate into the yard or do we have to shimmy over the wall?
[Tue Feb 6 20:36:20 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc ah, I remember, it was locked
[Tue Feb 6 20:36:26 2007] : (1) Caretaker: There's a back door to the yard as well as a door from the yard into the alley.
[Tue Feb 6 20:36:59 2007] : (2) Dan: "Shall we go back in the front door and get to it that way?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:37:07 2007] : (2) Dan: "Or just hop over the wall?
[Tue Feb 6 20:37:08 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Let's take the backdoor from this buidling instead of going through the ally"
[Tue Feb 6 20:37:13 2007] : (5) Aliatra: alley
[Tue Feb 6 20:37:24 2007] : (2) Dan: "OK"
[Tue Feb 6 20:37:46 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "It would show onlookers we're on legitimate business, which happens to be the truth"
[Tue Feb 6 20:38:04 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan heads into the yard (if possible - I'm not 100% sure of the topography)
[Tue Feb 6 20:38:58 2007] : (1) DM: Dan exits the building via the back door into the yard. It's some 30 ft square and bounded on 3 sides with high brick walls.
[Tue Feb 6 20:39:16 2007] : (1) DM: A door to the left exits the yard to the alleyway that runs alongside the building.
[Tue Feb 6 20:40:03 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan has a search of the garden, trying to see anything out of the ordinary
[Tue Feb 6 20:40:11 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra has a look at the yard
[Tue Feb 6 20:40:14 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [16,2] = (18)
[Tue Feb 6 20:40:18 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc garden/yard
[Tue Feb 6 20:40:27 2007] : (2) Dan: Take 20 = 27
[Tue Feb 6 20:40:28 2007] : (1) DM: Just ordinary paving slabs. No clues.
[Tue Feb 6 20:40:52 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Awww
[Tue Feb 6 20:41:18 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Bloodsplatters?
[Tue Feb 6 20:41:28 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan examines the walls next
[Tue Feb 6 20:41:46 2007] : (1) DM: Again, nothing.
[Tue Feb 6 20:41:50 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc just call me Grissom
[Tue Feb 6 20:42:07 2007] : (2) Dan: "OK, looks clear, shall we move onto the other building?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:42:22 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Who'se Grissom?
[Tue Feb 6 20:42:43 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Sure, let's find out where the shooring came from"
[Tue Feb 6 20:42:58 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc Gill Grissom from CSI
[Tue Feb 6 20:43:47 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc err probably Gil as in Gilbert, not Gill as in Gillian ;)
[Tue Feb 6 20:43:49 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Don't watch it
[Tue Feb 6 20:43:53 2007] : (1) DM: The other building is of similar construction to Mr Moe's office. It appears disused. The windows on the street side are shuttered.
[Tue Feb 6 20:43:59 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc it's good :D
[Tue Feb 6 20:44:17 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan tries the door
[Tue Feb 6 20:44:51 2007] : (1) DM: It's locked.
[Tue Feb 6 20:44:59 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc My daughter watches it religiously, though
[Tue Feb 6 20:45:26 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra tries the windows
[Tue Feb 6 20:46:33 2007] : (1) DM: The shutters are also securely fastened.
[Tue Feb 6 20:46:41 2007] : (2) Dan: "How are the windows?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:47:12 2007] : (2) Dan: "You have that stone still if you really want to get in"
[Tue Feb 6 20:47:26 2007] : (2) Dan: "Or maybe we should save that for an absolute emergency?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:47:39 2007] : (2) Dan: "You sould always bash it in"
[Tue Feb 6 20:47:59 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Or jimmy it open"
[Tue Feb 6 20:48:18 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra gets her dagger and tries to force open one of the shutters
[Tue Feb 6 20:48:34 2007] : (2) Dan: "Hmm, last time you tried that, your sword snapped in twain"
[Tue Feb 6 20:49:31 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "So what? It's just an ordinary dagger, now harm done if it breaks. Besidec, I'm not using nearly as much strenth, this is just wood"
[Tue Feb 6 20:49:38 2007] : (1) DM: The design of the shutters makes it difficult to force. Plus you're getting odd looks from the passersby.
[Tue Feb 6 20:50:28 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan looks for signs of a hidden entrance
[Tue Feb 6 20:50:35 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "This is not working, I knew I should have trained to become a thief"
[Tue Feb 6 20:50:56 2007] : (2) Dan: Take 20 search = 29
[Tue Feb 6 20:51:42 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc no it's not, it's 27
[Tue Feb 6 20:51:43 2007] : (1) DM: You find no hidden entrances.
[Tue Feb 6 20:52:03 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc I though I had knowledge architecture
[Tue Feb 6 20:52:19 2007] : (2) Dan: "OK, if we want in, it's the stone or nothing"
[Tue Feb 6 20:52:33 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Knock stone? Come back tonight? Force the door?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:52:33 2007] : (1) DM: ooc or it's the unshuttered windows round the back.
[Tue Feb 6 20:52:58 2007] : (2) Dan: "Perhaps we should search around the other side?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:53:02 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc :P
[Tue Feb 6 20:53:07 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Go round the back and have a look there?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:53:19 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan heads around the building
[Tue Feb 6 20:53:27 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc I hate smart DMs :P
[Tue Feb 6 20:53:33 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra follows
[Tue Feb 6 20:53:37 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc with the DM's hand pushing him all the way ;)
[Tue Feb 6 20:53:42 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc What's keeping Delphine?
[Tue Feb 6 20:53:55 2007] : (1) DM: ooc Actually I can't remember how I described this building last week.
[Tue Feb 6 20:53:57 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc she said at least 30 minutes
[Tue Feb 6 20:54:09 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc nor me DM
[Tue Feb 6 20:54:52 2007] : (1) DM: Anyway, there's a (locked) door into the courtyard and you can see the grimy windows at the back of the building.
[Tue Feb 6 20:54:56 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Never mind the descriptons, no harm done
[Tue Feb 6 20:55:05 2007] : (1) DM: The walls around the cout
[Tue Feb 6 20:55:14 2007] : (1) DM: The walls around the courtyard are about 7 ft high.
[Tue Feb 6 20:55:27 2007] : (2) Dan: "Well, no option but over the wall this time."
[Tue Feb 6 20:55:29 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc This is another yard I gather?
[Tue Feb 6 20:55:37 2007] : (2) Dan: "Can you get over in all that armour?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:56:01 2007] : (2) Dan: "Unless it's just a bolt on the gate, in which case I can release it and let you in"
[Tue Feb 6 20:56:12 2007] : (2) Dan: "Help me over and I'll take a look"
[Tue Feb 6 20:56:27 2007] : (2) Dan: "But before I do..."
[Tue Feb 6 20:56:29 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Sure, I'll give you a lift"
[Tue Feb 6 20:56:36 2007] : (2) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Mage Armour (level 1): Gives subject +4 armor bonus for 1 hour/level
[Tue Feb 6 20:56:40 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Ye-es?"
[Tue Feb 6 20:56:55 2007] : (2) Dan: "That's better. Ok give me a boost"
[Tue Feb 6 20:57:12 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra boosts Dan up
[Tue Feb 6 20:57:20 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Beware of assassins"
[Tue Feb 6 20:57:32 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan scales the wall with Ali's help
[Tue Feb 6 20:57:49 2007] : (2) Dan: And then drops down into the courtyard
[Tue Feb 6 20:58:05 2007] : (1) DM: The inside of the yard is similar to the other yard except this one is full of weeds in the cracks between the paving slabs.
[Tue Feb 6 20:58:23 2007] : (1) DM: The door to the alley is bolted not locked.
[Tue Feb 6 20:58:34 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan goes to the gate hoping it's bolted
[Tue Feb 6 20:58:43 2007] : (2) Dan: "Dan slides the bolt open and opens the gate"
[Tue Feb 6 20:58:49 2007] : (4) Lia: ooc sorry guys, I'm back. Quick summary?
[Tue Feb 6 20:58:49 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan slides the bolt open and opens the gate
[Tue Feb 6 20:58:54 2007] : (2) Dan: "OK, in you all come"
[Tue Feb 6 20:59:30 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc We found out he was killed by an arrow and fell out of the windo. Now we're taking a look at the building at the back, where the shooter should have been
[Tue Feb 6 20:59:47 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Nice one, Dan"
[Tue Feb 6 20:59:50 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc he fell out of the window?
[Tue Feb 6 21:00:00 2007] : (1) DM: ooc er? what?
[Tue Feb 6 21:00:13 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc we also got the names and addresses of his secretary and clerk
[Tue Feb 6 21:00:36 2007] : (4) Lia: ooc thx
[Tue Feb 6 21:00:38 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc the arrow or bolt smashed the glass I think, he fell to the floor in the room
[Tue Feb 6 21:00:39 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc My mistake
[Tue Feb 6 21:00:40 2007] : (1) DM: ooc Rudyard Moe died at his desk hence all the bloodstains there.
[Tue Feb 6 21:01:07 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Pre-occupied with tomorrow I guess
[Tue Feb 6 21:01:23 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc or overactive imagination :P
[Tue Feb 6 21:01:37 2007] : (4) Lia: ooc /me cass barkskin and al
[Tue Feb 6 21:01:45 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc :P
[Tue Feb 6 21:01:47 2007] : (2) Dan: "Come on, quickly, i'm sure we've attracted enough attention"
[Tue Feb 6 21:01:48 2007] : (4) Lia: ooc *casts
[Tue Feb 6 21:01:59 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Yeah, yeah, coming"
[Tue Feb 6 21:02:09 2007] : (4) Lia: "We're here"
[Tue Feb 6 21:02:19 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan closes the gate and bolts it again once everyone is in
[Tue Feb 6 21:02:34 2007] : (2) Dan: "OK, these look easier to get into"
[Tue Feb 6 21:02:48 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan points to the windows
[Tue Feb 6 21:03:00 2007] : (2) Dan: "But let's try the back door first"
[Tue Feb 6 21:03:05 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "And less risky to force open of needed"
[Tue Feb 6 21:03:16 2007] : (1) DM: Backdoor is locked.
[Tue Feb 6 21:03:22 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra checks all the windows on the ground floor
[Tue Feb 6 21:03:46 2007] : (4) Lia: "I can try to pick the lock. But do we want to do this?"
[Tue Feb 6 21:04:15 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "There's obody living here, Lia, why not?"
[Tue Feb 6 21:04:19 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc isn't that a trained only skill?
[Tue Feb 6 21:04:24 2007] : (4) Lia: Open Lock Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Feb 6 21:04:44 2007] : (4) Lia: ooc darn I thought it was untrained in 3.5
[Tue Feb 6 21:05:09 2007] : (2) Dan: "Ok, Ali can you try the windows again?"
[Tue Feb 6 21:05:23 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc good job ORPG knew better ;)
[Tue Feb 6 21:05:42 2007] : (4) Lia: ooc :)
[Tue Feb 6 21:05:48 2007] : (1) DM: ooc ORPG could be wrong.
[Tue Feb 6 21:05:55 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc I was checking the windows already, any luck, DM?
[Tue Feb 6 21:06:28 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc it's not on this occasion
[Tue Feb 6 21:06:34 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Can't you make untrained skill checks anyway in 3.5? I heard that mentioned sometime
[Tue Feb 6 21:07:14 2007] : (1) DM: ooc I don't think so.
[Tue Feb 6 21:07:16 2007] : (4) Lia: ooc no PHB says trained only
[Tue Feb 6 21:07:25 2007] : (1) DM: The windows will need to be broken to open them.
[Tue Feb 6 21:08:10 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Stand back when I smash this window"
[Tue Feb 6 21:08:21 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc there's no class restricted skills in 3.5 Hannele, I think that's what may have you confused
[Tue Feb 6 21:08:31 2007] : (4) Lia: Lia stands bacj
[Tue Feb 6 21:09:33 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Nope, I know what I remember heard mentioning, but I guess that person was wrong
[Tue Feb 6 21:09:38 2007] : (1) DM: *smash*
[Tue Feb 6 21:10:06 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra smashes the window
[Tue Feb 6 21:10:24 2007] : (1) DM: The glass breaks.
[Tue Feb 6 21:10:25 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "I'll remove these shards before we try and get in"
[Tue Feb 6 21:11:02 2007] : (1) DM: ooc not much of a crook are you? Reach through and undo the latch.
[Tue Feb 6 21:11:32 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Not enought of a rogue to even see the window is meant to be opened ;)
[Tue Feb 6 21:12:07 2007] : (1) DM: One of the windows is now open.
[Tue Feb 6 21:12:16 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan looks around for signs of overlookers watching
[Tue Feb 6 21:12:25 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "I'll go first, shall I?"
[Tue Feb 6 21:12:30 2007] : (1) DM: Spot check Dan.
[Tue Feb 6 21:12:58 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc We're at the back of two buidlings, in an enclosed yard. Who could be looking?
[Tue Feb 6 21:13:27 2007] : (2) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [18,5] = (23)
[Tue Feb 6 21:13:49 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc people in the buildings that back onto this one
[Tue Feb 6 21:13:54 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra gets in
[Tue Feb 6 21:14:36 2007] : (1) DM: Listen checks for people entering the building.
[Tue Feb 6 21:14:51 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [3,2] = (5)
[Tue Feb 6 21:14:52 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc did I spot anything?
[Tue Feb 6 21:14:57 2007] : (1) DM: No.
[Tue Feb 6 21:15:11 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan goes in
[Tue Feb 6 21:15:12 2007] : (2) Dan: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [8,5] = (13)
[Tue Feb 6 21:15:20 2007] : (4) Lia: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [4,6] = (10)
[Tue Feb 6 21:16:21 2007] : (1) DM: The building is quiet.
[Tue Feb 6 21:17:03 2007] : (2) Dan: "So I guess we need to look at the rooms overlooking the merchant's place"
[Tue Feb 6 21:17:04 2007] : (1) DM: The rooms are covered in a layer of dust and the room is empty of furniture. A open door leads to a hallway and the stairs.
[Tue Feb 6 21:17:31 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan looks for signs of footprints in the dust
[Tue Feb 6 21:17:35 2007] : (2) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
[Tue Feb 6 21:17:39 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Right, I don't think there's anybody here, but it pays to be careful. Weapons at the ready and ahead slowly"
[Tue Feb 6 21:18:02 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan draws his bow
[Tue Feb 6 21:18:04 2007] : (1) DM: No prints in this room. There are prints leading from the front door up the stairs.
[Tue Feb 6 21:18:05 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "I'll take the lead"
[Tue Feb 6 21:18:17 2007] : (2) Dan: "Look, footprints"
[Tue Feb 6 21:18:18 2007] : (4) Lia: Lia looks for prints as well
[Tue Feb 6 21:18:26 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra drwas her sword and follows the footprints
[Tue Feb 6 21:18:31 2007] : (4) Lia: "Where?"
[Tue Feb 6 21:18:33 2007] : (1) DM: Spot checks.
[Tue Feb 6 21:18:37 2007] : (4) Lia: "Ah, yes"
[Tue Feb 6 21:18:41 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [6,2] = (8)
[Tue Feb 6 21:18:42 2007] : (4) Lia: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [13,5] = (18)
[Tue Feb 6 21:19:11 2007] : (2) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
[Tue Feb 6 21:20:04 2007] : (4) Lia: Touch attack (base): [1d20+3] -> [14,3] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d1+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Feb 6 21:20:13 2007] : (4) Lia: ooc sorry
[Tue Feb 6 21:20:22 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra climbs the stairs, one step at a time, staying to the side
[Tue Feb 6 21:20:23 2007] : (4) Lia: "Hmm blood stains as well"
[Tue Feb 6 21:20:35 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Blood? Where?"
[Tue Feb 6 21:20:42 2007] : (4) Lia: "Here, on the stairs leading to the cellar"
[Tue Feb 6 21:20:53 2007] : (1) DM: blood spots on the stairs down, footprints leading up.
[Tue Feb 6 21:21:19 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Remind us to check the cellar when we get down again"
[Tue Feb 6 21:21:31 2007] : (2) Dan: "Upstairs first, or down? OK, up it is"
[Tue Feb 6 21:22:34 2007] : (1) DM: The prints lead to a room at the back of the building on the 1st floor, directly opposite of the room where Rudyard Moe was assasinated.
[Tue Feb 6 21:22:50 2007] : (4) Lia: "Well, I guess we found the place"
[Tue Feb 6 21:22:54 2007] : (1) DM: The window in this room has had the grime cleaned off in one corner.
[Tue Feb 6 21:23:36 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "He cleaned the window to have a good look and probably opened it to shoot"
[Tue Feb 6 21:23:38 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan does a thorough search of the room
[Tue Feb 6 21:23:44 2007] : (2) Dan: Take 20 = 27
[Tue Feb 6 21:23:54 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra stays out of Dans way
[Tue Feb 6 21:25:18 2007] : (1) DM: The room is empty so Dan crawls across the floor peering at it closely for some time.
[Tue Feb 6 21:25:29 2007] : (4) Lia: Moeki and Lia stay alert, tryin to listen to noise out of the ordinary while Dan looks
[Tue Feb 6 21:25:37 2007] : (4) Lia: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [12,6] = (18)
[Tue Feb 6 21:25:51 2007] : (1) DM: His searching pays off and he find a slip of paper that's fallen between the cracks in the floorboards.
[Tue Feb 6 21:26:10 2007] : (2) Dan: "Hmm, this could be useful in our search"
[Tue Feb 6 21:26:28 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "What does it say?"
[Tue Feb 6 21:26:36 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan examines the paper, holdin only the very corner
[Tue Feb 6 21:27:03 2007] : (4) Lia: Moeki skills: Listen Check: [6+1d20] -> [6,8] = (14)
[Tue Feb 6 21:27:13 2007] : (1) DM: It's torn and the words read: "...oe. / ...t street. / ...10 pm."
[Tue Feb 6 21:27:51 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan shows the others
[Tue Feb 6 21:28:08 2007] : (2) Dan: "I guess that the first word could be 'Moe'"
[Tue Feb 6 21:28:34 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "That's not a lof us use without the rest of it"
[Tue Feb 6 21:28:42 2007] : (2) Dan: "And I'm guessing that he was killed at 10pm, although that seems late to be at your desk"
[Tue Feb 6 21:29:02 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ""Or 10 pm is when the killer expected to be paid
[Tue Feb 6 21:29:27 2007] : (4) Lia: "Well, a merchant of his renoun probably had enough business to keep him awake that late"
[Tue Feb 6 21:29:40 2007] : (2) Dan: "On a street ending in the letter 't"
[Tue Feb 6 21:30:14 2007] : (1) DM: ooc The street the office is on ends in a t.
[Tue Feb 6 21:30:37 2007] : (2) Dan: "OK, it seems to be info on the job."
[Tue Feb 6 21:31:06 2007] : (2) Dan: "So it shows that it was a job, and not a lone murderer"
[Tue Feb 6 21:31:16 2007] : (2) Dan: "Shall we check that baement?"
[Tue Feb 6 21:31:21 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc basement
[Tue Feb 6 21:31:30 2007] : (4) Lia: "Yes. The question now would be if there is any way we can find out who paid for the job"
[Tue Feb 6 21:31:32 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Still, we more or less suspected they might have hired help, this is no real surprise. Do we give this scrap of paper to the authorities?"
[Tue Feb 6 21:31:55 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "But that paper safely away and we'll go down"
[Tue Feb 6 21:31:58 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Put
[Tue Feb 6 21:32:01 2007] : (4) Lia: "Basement sounds like a good idea. I am curious as to why there are blood stains at all there"
[Tue Feb 6 21:32:27 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan put's it away safely
[Tue Feb 6 21:32:50 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra takes the lead again, sword in hand
[Tue Feb 6 21:33:37 2007] : (1) DM: The door at the bottom of the stairs in bolted and there's a sign. "Danger. Do not open."
[Tue Feb 6 21:33:48 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan puts his bow away and draws his sword
[Tue Feb 6 21:34:22 2007] : (2) Dan: "Hmm, now maybe we should pay it heed"
[Tue Feb 6 21:34:23 2007] : (4) Lia: Lia gets closer to the door without opening it and tries to listen. While Moeki sniffs the air around.
[Tue Feb 6 21:34:29 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan grins
[Tue Feb 6 21:34:29 2007] : (4) Lia: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [17,6] = (23)
[Tue Feb 6 21:34:34 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra looks at the bloodstains, Do they seem to go beyond that door?
[Tue Feb 6 21:35:20 2007] : (4) Lia: Moeki skills: Listen Check: [6+1d20] -> [6,15] = (21)
[Tue Feb 6 21:35:30 2007] : (4) Lia: ooc Moeki has scent.
[Tue Feb 6 21:36:24 2007] : (1) DM: Moeki wrinkles its nose in disgust.
[Tue Feb 6 21:36:27 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc but Moeki can't tell you anything at all
[Tue Feb 6 21:37:01 2007] : (4) Lia: "Moeki seems to be smelling something"
[Tue Feb 6 21:37:06 2007] : (4) Lia: "And wait. I heard something"
[Tue Feb 6 21:37:11 2007] : (1) DM: They're just small spots of blood.
[Tue Feb 6 21:37:14 2007] : (4) Lia: "Some kind of slurp"
[Tue Feb 6 21:37:18 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Like what?"
[Tue Feb 6 21:37:25 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Stand back"
[Tue Feb 6 21:37:42 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra undoes the bolt
[Tue Feb 6 21:37:52 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [12,2] = (14)
[Tue Feb 6 21:37:59 2007] : (4) Lia: Lia holds her sickle firm in her hand
[Tue Feb 6 21:38:19 2007] : (2) Dan: "If we're going down i'm summoning backup, and protecting myself"
[Tue Feb 6 21:38:21 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Does the door open towards us?
[Tue Feb 6 21:38:21 2007] : (1) DM: *slurp, schlurp*
[Tue Feb 6 21:38:31 2007] : (1) DM: ooc away form you
[Tue Feb 6 21:38:31 2007] : (4) Lia: Lia stands back
[Tue Feb 6 21:38:32 2007] : (2) Dan: "Are we going?"
[Tue Feb 6 21:39:01 2007] : (1) DM: ooc no chickening out 'cos you saw the supersized enemy mini.
[Tue Feb 6 21:39:09 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra opens the door and kicks it wide open, staying where she is for now
[Tue Feb 6 21:39:10 2007] : (2) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Shield (level 1) : +4 shield bonus to AC. Protection from MM. (Duration - 1 minute/level)
[Tue Feb 6 21:39:26 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc I neer even noticed it :P
[Tue Feb 6 21:39:28 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc err, Is Ali deaf?
[Tue Feb 6 21:39:58 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Too busy to notice what you were saying, actually
[Tue Feb 6 21:40:11 2007] : (1) DM: Initiative.
[Tue Feb 6 21:40:21 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] -> [2,7] = (9)
[Tue Feb 6 21:40:34 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc all the time in the world to prepare and you boot the door open! Now I'm going to have to wait
[Tue Feb 6 21:40:35 2007] : (4) Lia: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [12,3] = (15)
[Tue Feb 6 21:40:41 2007] : (2) Dan: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
[Tue Feb 6 21:41:27 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan stand back and let's the hasty fighter do what she wants
[Tue Feb 6 21:41:34 2007] : (1) DM: [1d20-5] -> [9,-5] = (4)
[Tue Feb 6 21:41:59 2007] : (1) DM: Lia, your turn.
[Tue Feb 6 21:42:31 2007] : (4) Lia: Lia stays back holding Moeki.
[Tue Feb 6 21:42:33 2007] : (4) Lia: done.
[Tue Feb 6 21:42:54 2007] : (1) DM: Dan? You've cast your sheild.
[Tue Feb 6 21:43:15 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc I did that before Ali kicked the door in
[Tue Feb 6 21:43:23 2007] : (2) Dan: Unless you say not
[Tue Feb 6 21:44:11 2007] : (1) DM: ooc um. I say so. Perhaps I won't try and be helpful next time as I'm clearly not good at it. ;)
[Tue Feb 6 21:44:33 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan starts to cast another spell
[Tue Feb 6 21:44:35 2007] : (2) Dan: Done
[Tue Feb 6 21:44:45 2007] : (1) DM: Aliatra.
[Tue Feb 6 21:44:47 2007] : (1) DM: ?
[Tue Feb 6 21:45:02 2007] : (5) Aliatra: What do I see?
[Tue Feb 6 21:45:25 2007] : (1) DM: The room contains the odd pile of junk and the floors are damp and slimey.
[Tue Feb 6 21:45:57 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra walks in
[Tue Feb 6 21:46:23 2007] : (5) Aliatra: What do I see through the openings?
[Tue Feb 6 21:46:35 2007] : (1) DM: More of the same.
[Tue Feb 6 21:46:52 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Listening
[Tue Feb 6 21:46:53 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [14,2] = (16)
[Tue Feb 6 21:46:57 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Done
[Tue Feb 6 21:47:05 2007] : (1) DM: *slurp*
[Tue Feb 6 21:47:36 2007] : (5) Aliatra: From what direction does it seem to come?
[Tue Feb 6 21:48:05 2007] : (1) DM: A giant, dark yellow amoeba oozes around the doorframe of the far room, squeezing though the gap and *schlurps* straight for Aliatra.
[Tue Feb 6 21:48:21 2007] : (1) DM: But at 10 ft/round it doesn't get far...
[Tue Feb 6 21:48:26 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Bloody heck"
[Tue Feb 6 21:48:31 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [16,4] = (20)
[Tue Feb 6 21:49:09 2007] : (5) Aliatra: What do I know about it?
[Tue Feb 6 21:49:35 2007] : (1) DM: It's an ochre jelly, they lurk (according to the BDMG but who pays attention to that) in temperate marshes. They have an acidic attack.
[Tue Feb 6 21:49:53 2007] : (1) DM: ooc BDMG? Er MM.
[Tue Feb 6 21:50:06 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Feb 6 21:50:08 2007] : (1) DM: Lia, your turn.
[Tue Feb 6 21:50:43 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc BDMG??
[Tue Feb 6 21:50:54 2007] : (4) Lia: Lia walks into the room and starts chanting
[Tue Feb 6 21:51:26 2007] : (1) DM: ooc try and keep the minis in the squares.
[Tue Feb 6 21:51:32 2007] : (1) DM: Moeki won't attack it.
[Tue Feb 6 21:52:19 2007] : (4) Lia: Moeki goes and sees the thing and backs away
[Tue Feb 6 21:52:46 2007] : (4) Lia: ooc can't you do something to glue the minis in the square?
[Tue Feb 6 21:52:48 2007] : (4) Lia: done.
[Tue Feb 6 21:53:05 2007] : (1) DM: ooc Usually, yes but it doesn't work correctly with the big minis.
[Tue Feb 6 21:53:08 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc you can, but then the large minis don't work correctly
[Tue Feb 6 21:53:17 2007] : (4) Lia: ooc k.
[Tue Feb 6 21:53:24 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Do I know slashing and piercing weapons are a bad idea?
[Tue Feb 6 21:53:28 2007] : (1) DM: Dan?
[Tue Feb 6 21:53:32 2007] : (1) DM: ooc No.
[Tue Feb 6 21:53:43 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan finishes casting Augmented Summon Monster III - Hell Hound (Medium Outsider): 44hp; Immunity to fire; Vulnerability to cold; AC= 16 (FF 15, Touch 11); Darkvision 60ft; Scent; Speed 40ft
[Tue Feb 6 21:54:14 2007] : (2) Dan: Augmented Hell Hound: Bite attack [1d20+6] -> [14,6] = (20) ==> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [7,3] = (10) + [1d6] -> [4] = (4) fire damage (treat as evil & lawful weapon)
[Tue Feb 6 21:54:19 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Careful, this thing has acidic attacks"
[Tue Feb 6 21:54:43 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan steps forwars a bit
[Tue Feb 6 21:54:57 2007] : (2) Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray (base): [1d20+6] -> [17,6] = (23) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] -> [2,5,6,1,0] = (14)
[Tue Feb 6 21:55:04 2007] : (2) Dan: Done
[Tue Feb 6 21:55:26 2007] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Feb 6 21:55:49 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Attacking with my favourite weapon
[Tue Feb 6 21:55:51 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Greatsword +1 (base): [1d20+7] -> [5,7] = (12) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] -> [3,2,6] = (11)
[Tue Feb 6 21:56:16 2007] : (1) DM: You slice through the ooze it it merely splits into two smaller oozes.
[Tue Feb 6 21:56:28 2007] : (2) Dan: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [7,10] = (17)
[Tue Feb 6 21:56:41 2007] : (2) Dan: "Err, what the hell?"
[Tue Feb 6 21:56:51 2007] : (4) Lia: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [17,3] = (20)
[Tue Feb 6 21:56:52 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Hmmm, time for another plan"
[Tue Feb 6 21:57:07 2007] : (4) Lia: "Indeed"
[Tue Feb 6 21:57:31 2007] : (1) DM: One of the oozes attacks the hound.
[Tue Feb 6 21:57:33 2007] : (2) Dan: "Back away Ali"
[Tue Feb 6 21:57:42 2007] : (1) DM: [1d20+5] -> [20,5] = (25)
[Tue Feb 6 21:57:45 2007] : (1) DM: [1d20+5] -> [3,5] = (8)
[Tue Feb 6 21:58:07 2007] : (1) DM: Not a crit. [2d4+3] -> [1,4,3] = (8) + [1d4] -> [3] = (3) acid damage.
[Tue Feb 6 21:58:19 2007] : (1) DM: The other attacks Ali.
[Tue Feb 6 21:58:21 2007] : (1) DM: [1d20+5] -> [12,5] = (17)
[Tue Feb 6 21:58:27 2007] : (1) DM: Misses.
[Tue Feb 6 21:58:31 2007] : (1) DM: Lia, your turn.
[Tue Feb 6 21:58:40 2007] : (4) Lia: ooc, will summons do the same as animals? ie. back away? If so, can I recall my spell and do something else?
[Tue Feb 6 21:58:50 2007] : (4) Lia: ooc not recall it, but stop it and go on
[Tue Feb 6 21:59:02 2007] : (1) DM: ooc no summoned creatures are under your control.
[Tue Feb 6 21:59:09 2007] : (4) Lia: ooc k
[Tue Feb 6 21:59:23 2007] : (4) Lia: casts Summon Nature's ally II - Black Bear: Spd 40 ft., AC 13, 19 HP, Touch 11, Flat-footed 12. Low light vision, scent. Space/reach 5ft/Fft - endurance, run.

[Tue Feb 6 21:59:58 2007] : (4) Lia: ooc errr, why did it become big?
[Tue Feb 6 22:00:20 2007] : (1) DM: ooc I think black bears are medium sized.
[Tue Feb 6 22:01:09 2007] : (4) Lia: ooc space reach 5ft
[Tue Feb 6 22:01:20 2007] : (4) Lia: Bear attacks 1
[Tue Feb 6 22:01:40 2007] : (4) Lia: Black bear attacks: Claw (melee) [1d20+6] -> [7,6] = (13) ==> Damage: [1d4+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
[Tue Feb 6 22:01:57 2007] : (4) Lia: Casts...(level 1): Produce flame: Flame in palm 1 min/lvl - touch or thrown
[Tue Feb 6 22:02:00 2007] : (1) DM: The bear slashes the ooze which splits again.
[Tue Feb 6 22:02:27 2007] : (4) Lia: ooc darn
[Tue Feb 6 22:02:37 2007] : (4) Lia: throwing flame on 1
[Tue Feb 6 22:02:43 2007] : (4) Lia: Flame (thrown) (base): [1d20+6] -> [10,6] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
[Tue Feb 6 22:02:49 2007] : (4) Lia: done.
[Tue Feb 6 22:02:51 2007] : (1) DM: It sizzles.
[Tue Feb 6 22:03:04 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc doesn't that spell take a whole round to cast?
[Tue Feb 6 22:03:05 2007] : (1) DM: Dan?
[Tue Feb 6 22:03:33 2007] : (2) Dan: oo cnever mind, stupid
[Tue Feb 6 22:04:14 2007] : (2) Dan: Augmented Hell Hound: Bite attack [1d20+6] -> [11,6] = (17) ==> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [3,3] = (6) + [1d6] -> [1] = (1) fire damage (treat as evil & lawful weapon)
[Tue Feb 6 22:05:01 2007] : (1) DM: The hounds slavering jaws bite deep into the glutinous body of the ooze.
[Tue Feb 6 22:05:22 2007] : (2) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 3 Missiles:
1st missile - [1d4+1] -> [3,1] = (4) damage
2nd missile - [1d4+1] -> [1,1] = (2) damage
3rd missile - [1d4+1] -> [2,1] = (3) damage

[Tue Feb 6 22:05:25 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Eeeeew
[Tue Feb 6 22:05:29 2007] : (2) Dan: oOn 2 - Done
[Tue Feb 6 22:05:50 2007] : (1) DM: k.
[Tue Feb 6 22:05:55 2007] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Feb 6 22:06:14 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Stepping back, changing weapons and attacking
[Tue Feb 6 22:06:17 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Flail, heavy MW (base): [1d20+8] -> [1,8] = (9) ===> Damage: [1d10+5] -> [1,5] = (6)
[Tue Feb 6 22:06:42 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Done
[Tue Feb 6 22:07:34 2007] : (1) DM: With the whack of the flail the outer membrane of the ooze pops and the gelatinous insides splatter out.
[Tue Feb 6 22:07:52 2007] : (1) DM: The two remaining smaller oozes attack the bear.
[Tue Feb 6 22:07:58 2007] : (1) DM: [1d20+5] -> [15,5] = (20), [1d20+5] -> [20,5] = (25)
[Tue Feb 6 22:08:02 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Right, nothing piercing or slashing then"
[Tue Feb 6 22:08:05 2007] : (1) DM: Crit threat.
[Tue Feb 6 22:08:08 2007] : (1) DM: [1d20+5] -> [15,5] = (20)
[Tue Feb 6 22:08:57 2007] : (1) DM: [6d4+3] -> [4,1,3,4,4,2,3] = (21) + [3d4] -> [4,2,4] = (10) acid damage from all three attacks to the bear.
[Tue Feb 6 22:09:23 2007] : (1) DM: The bear dies and its body is unsummoned back to its native plane.
[Tue Feb 6 22:09:33 2007] : (1) DM: Lia?
[Tue Feb 6 22:10:10 2007] : (4) Lia: moment
[Tue Feb 6 22:11:18 2007] : (4) Lia: Casts...(level 2): Flame blade: touch attack deals 1d8+1/two lvl damage
[Tue Feb 6 22:11:36 2007] : (4) Lia: Flame blade (base): [1d20+3] -> [12,3] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d8+2] -> [3,2] = (5)
[Tue Feb 6 22:11:40 2007] : (4) Lia: on 1
[Tue Feb 6 22:11:43 2007] : (4) Lia: done.
[Tue Feb 6 22:11:58 2007] : (1) DM: It sizzles and dies.
[Tue Feb 6 22:12:09 2007] : (1) DM: Dan?
[Tue Feb 6 22:12:20 2007] : (2) Dan: Augmented Hell Hound: Breath weapon (Su) [2d6] -> [5,2] = (7) fire damage. Reflex save (DC = 15) for half damage. Must wait [2d4] -> [2,2] = (4) rounds before next use.
[Tue Feb 6 22:12:54 2007] : (1) DM: It steams but its still alive.
[Tue Feb 6 22:13:36 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan reads from a scroll
[Tue Feb 6 22:13:51 2007] : (2) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 3 Missiles:
1st missile - [1d4+1] -> [3,1] = (4) damage
2nd missile - [1d4+1] -> [1,1] = (2) damage
3rd missile - [1d4+1] -> [1,1] = (2) damage

[Tue Feb 6 22:14:00 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc just the first missile
[Tue Feb 6 22:14:05 2007] : (1) DM: ooc I probably wouldn't have wasted a scroll. It only had 3 HP left.
[Tue Feb 6 22:14:24 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc it's only one missile
[Tue Feb 6 22:14:27 2007] : (1) DM: The left of the oozes expires.
[Tue Feb 6 22:14:31 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc I hate it when Dan wastes scrolls
[Tue Feb 6 22:15:18 2007] : (2) Dan: "I had another missile spell, but I thought it best to save it in case I need it later"
[Tue Feb 6 22:15:27 2007] : (2) Dan: "It's early in the day yet"
[Tue Feb 6 22:15:33 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Right, now we know what that sign meant"
[Tue Feb 6 22:15:34 2007] : (1) DM: 500 XP.
[Tue Feb 6 22:15:57 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Don't use too many scrolls, Dan, save them for when really necessary, We were winning anyway"
[Tue Feb 6 22:16:27 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Almost there!
[Tue Feb 6 22:16:38 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan dismisses the Hell Hound
[Tue Feb 6 22:16:46 2007] : (4) Lia: Moeki comes and takes refuge at Lia's feet.
[Tue Feb 6 22:17:41 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Shall we take a look around to see where that blood came from?"
[Tue Feb 6 22:18:10 2007] : (2) Dan: "Sure, although if that thing uses acid, there might not be much left"
[Tue Feb 6 22:18:12 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Were there any tracks coming down the stairs to the first floor, DM?
[Tue Feb 6 22:18:36 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Somebody bolted that door again, so the last person here lived"
[Tue Feb 6 22:19:12 2007] : (1) DM: ooc no.
[Tue Feb 6 22:19:40 2007] : (4) Lia: "IT might also be they came through"
[Tue Feb 6 22:19:46 2007] : (4) Lia: "And had to run"
[Tue Feb 6 22:19:51 2007] : (2) Dan: "Maybe that's why the building was abandoned?"
[Tue Feb 6 22:19:57 2007] : (4) Lia: "Just got caught on their way in"
[Tue Feb 6 22:20:12 2007] : (2) Dan: Let's have a look around then
[Tue Feb 6 22:20:13 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "By the way, did anybody notice if that bowman came down the stairs again?"
[Tue Feb 6 22:20:18 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Sure"
[Tue Feb 6 22:20:22 2007] : (2) Dan: "Let's have a look around then"
[Tue Feb 6 22:20:30 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Sure"
[Tue Feb 6 22:20:38 2007] : (2) Dan: "I didn't notice Ali"
[Tue Feb 6 22:20:58 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan looks around the cellar for anything of note
[Tue Feb 6 22:21:01 2007] : (4) Lia: "It seems to me the tracks were only going up"
[Tue Feb 6 22:21:08 2007] : (4) Lia: "not down"
[Tue Feb 6 22:21:12 2007] : (1) DM: ooc sorry, i misread your question. the tracks went up /and/ down. the stairs from the ground floor to the 1st floor room.
[Tue Feb 6 22:21:13 2007] : (2) Dan: Search - Take 20 = 27
[Tue Feb 6 22:21:14 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Neither did I, I think we need to take another look"
[Tue Feb 6 22:21:22 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc OK
[Tue Feb 6 22:21:36 2007] : (1) DM: Just slime and decaying damp junk.
[Tue Feb 6 22:21:39 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Scrap that entire conversation then ;)
[Tue Feb 6 22:21:48 2007] : (4) Lia: ooc ok, I thought the tracks just went up from the cellar ;)
[Tue Feb 6 22:21:58 2007] : (2) Dan: "Nothing of worth down here"
[Tue Feb 6 22:22:22 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Not even a treasure, like a dragons hoard?"
[Tue Feb 6 22:23:14 2007] : (4) Lia: "Or a secret door?"
[Tue Feb 6 22:23:24 2007] : (2) Dan: "Nothing like that Ali i'm afraid"
[Tue Feb 6 22:23:44 2007] : (1) DM: You do spot a broken slab in the floor that reveals a small dark, damp hole.
[Tue Feb 6 22:23:48 2007] : (2) Dan: "I'll look again for doors if you like, I was looking for items before"
[Tue Feb 6 22:23:53 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "O dear, how sad, never mind"
[Tue Feb 6 22:24:12 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan points out the broken slab
[Tue Feb 6 22:24:51 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Want me to pick that up fro you?"
[Tue Feb 6 22:25:25 2007] : (2) Dan: "I could do it with my stapp"
[Tue Feb 6 22:25:29 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc staff
[Tue Feb 6 22:25:49 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan pokes his staff down into the hole
[Tue Feb 6 22:26:30 2007] : (1) DM: It's just a hole. It smells like a sewer.
[Tue Feb 6 22:26:45 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "It stinks"
[Tue Feb 6 22:26:49 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan sniffs
[Tue Feb 6 22:27:16 2007] : (2) Dan: "I think it may be a hole to the sewer. Not worth bothering with."
[Tue Feb 6 22:27:25 2007] : (2) Dan: "Let's go and see the secretary"
[Tue Feb 6 22:27:26 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "That must be about the only thing I hate about cities: sewers and their smell"
[Tue Feb 6 22:27:38 2007] : (4) Lia: "Hmmm, you think?"
[Tue Feb 6 22:27:59 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Not freshen up a bit first? Maybe have some lunch?"
[Tue Feb 6 22:28:21 2007] : (4) Lia: "Hey, that sounds good."
[Tue Feb 6 22:28:22 2007] : (2) Dan: "Ok, and I can identify som eitems"
[Tue Feb 6 22:28:43 2007] : (4) Lia: "Well, what have we really learned?"
[Tue Feb 6 22:28:53 2007] : (4) Lia: "Apart from things we already knew?"
[Tue Feb 6 22:29:16 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "How he died and where the assassin was when he killed him. Now to find out why he was killed"
[Tue Feb 6 22:29:43 2007] : (2) Dan: "We have confirmed that this was an assasination. but that's not the point. We were not charged to find out who killed Mr Moe"
[Tue Feb 6 22:29:53 2007] : (2) Dan: "Only to divert the assassins"
[Tue Feb 6 22:30:09 2007] : (2) Dan: "Don't forget our real purpose"
[Tue Feb 6 22:30:14 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Still, I'd really, really like to solve this case"
[Tue Feb 6 22:30:34 2007] : (2) Dan: "I agree, it would be good to bring the killers to justice"
[Tue Feb 6 22:31:15 2007] : (4) Lia: "We can't really do that too fast though"
[Tue Feb 6 22:31:17 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc But not tonight, I have to be up really early
[Tue Feb 6 22:31:24 2007] : (4) Lia: Lia grins
[Tue Feb 6 22:31:55 2007] : (1) DM: GAME END