Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / The Dark Trade - 23 January 2007

[Tue Jan 23 20:24:37 2007] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Tue Jan 23 20:24:43 2007] : (5) Lia: ah ok.
[Tue Jan 23 20:25:17 2007] : (1) DM: It's late afternoon and the smell of the two dead dragons hangs in the air. Swarms of flies are attracted to the congealed blood and vultures circle overhead.
[Tue Jan 23 20:25:50 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Maybe camping around here isn't such a good idea"
[Tue Jan 23 20:26:06 2007] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Nice picture you're painting here, David
[Tue Jan 23 20:26:16 2007] : (5) Lia: "Maybe it isn't"
[Tue Jan 23 20:26:17 2007] : (2) Dan: "So we now have two choices, seek out the lair of the dragons, or head on for Westharbour"
[Tue Jan 23 20:26:40 2007] : (5) Lia: "However, I am dead tired"
[Tue Jan 23 20:26:45 2007] : (2) Dan: "I think it likely that the lair has been looted by the killers of the mother dragon"
[Tue Jan 23 20:26:47 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Since Lia needs time skinning them we might as well have a look for their lair"
[Tue Jan 23 20:26:50 2007] : (5) Lia: "So let us not go too far either"
[Tue Jan 23 20:27:04 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc ah, thought I had skinned already
[Tue Jan 23 20:27:10 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc me too
[Tue Jan 23 20:27:29 2007] : (4) Aliatra: ooc I thought we were talking about exploring while she was busy anyway
[Tue Jan 23 20:27:45 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc right, I remember that
[Tue Jan 23 20:27:45 2007] : (3) Adrin: ooc thats what I thought. Would take a while to skin
[Tue Jan 23 20:27:50 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc so I'm busy skinning
[Tue Jan 23 20:28:14 2007] : (2) Dan: "I don't think it fair to leave Lia on her own our here"
[Tue Jan 23 20:28:22 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Just a quick look-see, no longer than say an hour?"
[Tue Jan 23 20:28:36 2007] : (2) Dan: "I suggest we wait until she's finished"
[Tue Jan 23 20:28:41 2007] : (3) Adrin: Adrin shrugs
[Tue Jan 23 20:29:10 2007] : (2) Dan: "Though you can do as you will"
[Tue Jan 23 20:29:36 2007] : (1) DM: Half an hour later Lia has a roll of green dragon skin tied to her pack.
[Tue Jan 23 20:29:37 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc din't Adrin propose to stay with me?
[Tue Jan 23 20:29:48 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc man I'm quick!
[Tue Jan 23 20:29:57 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc it's a small dragon
[Tue Jan 23 20:30:01 2007] : (4) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 23 20:30:13 2007] : (2) Dan: "Good, Lia has finished"
[Tue Jan 23 20:30:41 2007] : (5) Lia: "Let us go further to find a good place to camp"
[Tue Jan 23 20:30:49 2007] : (3) Adrin: "You're pretty good with that knife. Remind me not to fall asleep with you annoyed at me"
[Tue Jan 23 20:30:52 2007] : (1) DM: ooc techincally it was a medium dragon.
[Tue Jan 23 20:31:03 2007] : (5) Lia: Lia looks around to choose the direction, trying to assess the lay of the land in everydirection
[Tue Jan 23 20:31:21 2007] : (5) Lia: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [7,10] = (17)
[Tue Jan 23 20:31:26 2007] : (1) DM: Anywhere except next to a corpse would be a fine place for a camp.
[Tue Jan 23 20:31:30 2007] : (5) Lia: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [15,5] = (20)
[Tue Jan 23 20:31:50 2007] : (3) Adrin: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [10,9] = (19)
[Tue Jan 23 20:31:50 2007] : (5) Lia: Lia points anywhere
[Tue Jan 23 20:31:54 2007] : (5) Lia: "Let us go this way"
[Tue Jan 23 20:32:21 2007] : (2) Dan: "Sure thing. You're the outdoors one"
[Tue Jan 23 20:32:21 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "As long as tghere is water so we can have a wash. Dragons stink"
[Tue Jan 23 20:32:24 2007] : (3) Adrin: Adrin adjusts her pointing a little
[Tue Jan 23 20:32:27 2007] : (1) DM: The land here is well tended pasture bordered on the south-western side of the road by deciduous woodland.
[Tue Jan 23 20:32:54 2007] : (3) Adrin: ooc I read that as 'delicious'
[Tue Jan 23 20:33:00 2007] : (2) Dan: "So do we look for the lair today, or tomorrow, or just head on our way?"
[Tue Jan 23 20:33:07 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 23 20:33:21 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Plenty of daylight. May as well have a poke around"
[Tue Jan 23 20:33:49 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc did any horses survive? Adrin's maybe?
[Tue Jan 23 20:33:53 2007] : (5) Lia: "I'd rather rest some"
[Tue Jan 23 20:34:08 2007] : (3) Adrin: ooc doubt it. What was the roll?
[Tue Jan 23 20:34:37 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "You can rest, but I'd like to have a look around"
[Tue Jan 23 20:34:55 2007] : (1) DM: ooc I think all the horses are piles of goo.
[Tue Jan 23 20:35:27 2007] : (2) Dan: "We may as well have a quick look Lia, come on"
[Tue Jan 23 20:35:41 2007] : (5) Lia: "OK"
[Tue Jan 23 20:35:44 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan egg's Lia on with an affectionate nudge
[Tue Jan 23 20:36:04 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc damn - greengrocer's apostrophe!
[Tue Jan 23 20:36:14 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Dan, you said they liked the forest, so we may as well start there"
[Tue Jan 23 20:36:41 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Just make sure you don't carry too much, especially not when tired. Want me to take that hide?"
[Tue Jan 23 20:36:43 2007] : (2) Dan: "Yes, maybe you guys can find some signs of them in there"
[Tue Jan 23 20:36:50 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc dragons are what skill?
[Tue Jan 23 20:36:58 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc arcana
[Tue Jan 23 20:37:05 2007] : (5) Lia: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18)
[Tue Jan 23 20:37:25 2007] : (5) Lia: trying to see if dragons would lair in forests
[Tue Jan 23 20:37:36 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc I already did it :P
[Tue Jan 23 20:37:44 2007] : (1) DM: ooc Dan said so.
[Tue Jan 23 20:37:58 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc oops
[Tue Jan 23 20:38:01 2007] : (3) Adrin: ooc and he rolled a 29
[Tue Jan 23 20:38:24 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc :D
[Tue Jan 23 20:38:40 2007] : (4) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 23 20:39:02 2007] : (2) Dan: "Let's not take too long over this then, an hour and a half at most? Agreed?"
[Tue Jan 23 20:39:31 2007] : (3) Adrin: Adrin sighs "Ok"
[Tue Jan 23 20:39:36 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Sure"
[Tue Jan 23 20:39:59 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra looks at Adrin and shrugs as well
[Tue Jan 23 20:40:24 2007] : (1) DM: You cross the road and walk towards the forest.
[Tue Jan 23 20:40:27 2007] : (1) DM: Spot checks.
[Tue Jan 23 20:40:40 2007] : (2) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [8,5] = (13)
[Tue Jan 23 20:40:41 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [17,2] = (19)
[Tue Jan 23 20:40:43 2007] : (3) Adrin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [1,5] = (6)
[Tue Jan 23 20:41:10 2007] : (3) Adrin: Adrin stumbles on the road edge
[Tue Jan 23 20:41:52 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "What's that?"
[Tue Jan 23 20:42:02 2007] : (2) Dan: "What?"
[Tue Jan 23 20:42:02 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Whats what?"
[Tue Jan 23 20:42:11 2007] : (5) Lia: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [12,5] = (17)
[Tue Jan 23 20:42:12 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra points at some tracks leading off the road into the woodland
[Tue Jan 23 20:42:16 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc damn, was hitting the wrong spot
[Tue Jan 23 20:42:53 2007] : (2) Dan: "looks like tracks maybe?"
[Tue Jan 23 20:43:04 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Dragons or men?"
[Tue Jan 23 20:43:08 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Lets see where they lead"
[Tue Jan 23 20:43:26 2007] : (2) Dan: "I have no idea"
[Tue Jan 23 20:43:30 2007] : (3) Adrin: Adrin heads off up the trail
[Tue Jan 23 20:43:35 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc can I tell, can any of us?
[Tue Jan 23 20:43:35 2007] : (1) DM: Survival check.
[Tue Jan 23 20:43:36 2007] : (5) Lia: Lia follows
[Tue Jan 23 20:43:42 2007] : (5) Lia: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [1,10] = (11)
[Tue Jan 23 20:43:48 2007] : (3) Adrin: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [4,9] = (13)
[Tue Jan 23 20:43:51 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan follows Adrin
[Tue Jan 23 20:43:52 2007] : (2) Dan: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [20,1] = (21)
[Tue Jan 23 20:44:00 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [3,2] = (5)
[Tue Jan 23 20:44:17 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc I don't have track, obviously
[Tue Jan 23 20:45:03 2007] : (1) DM: Dan through careful analysis of the tracks identifies between 4 and 6 humanoid boot prints and tracks from a wagon.
[Tue Jan 23 20:45:27 2007] : (2) Dan: "Looks like this is the way the other pary headed"
[Tue Jan 23 20:45:46 2007] : (2) Dan: "Maybe we'll be lucky and find something they missed?"
[Tue Jan 23 20:45:49 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Let's see if we can find them"
[Tue Jan 23 20:46:23 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc brb
[Tue Jan 23 20:47:55 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc back
[Tue Jan 23 20:48:24 2007] : (1) DM: The tracks are straight forward to follow once they've been spotted.
[Tue Jan 23 20:48:52 2007] : (2) Dan: "I have to say that I find woods surpassing strange"
[Tue Jan 23 20:49:06 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra walks on. flail in hand
[Tue Jan 23 20:49:11 2007] : (1) DM: You travel for an hour through the woods and the tracks continue onwards.
[Tue Jan 23 20:49:14 2007] : (2) Dan: "You can't see anything for the trees"
[Tue Jan 23 20:49:25 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Except the trees"
[Tue Jan 23 20:49:39 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan chuckles
[Tue Jan 23 20:49:47 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Which are brown ... and green ... and stuff"
[Tue Jan 23 20:49:54 2007] : (2) Dan: "I suppose there is that"
[Tue Jan 23 20:50:16 2007] : (5) Lia: "Or we'll find them"
[Tue Jan 23 20:50:23 2007] : (2) Dan: "So, we've been going an hour. Do we turn back?"
[Tue Jan 23 20:50:31 2007] : (5) Lia: "And seeing they slayed a dragon, and not a minor one"
[Tue Jan 23 20:50:33 2007] : (1) DM: ooc Suddenly the tree assassins stealthily attack!
[Tue Jan 23 20:50:40 2007] : (3) Adrin: ooc aaargh
[Tue Jan 23 20:50:47 2007] : (2) Dan: "Or are we happy to continue knowing that we have a trail to follow?"
[Tue Jan 23 20:50:53 2007] : (5) Lia: "We'd better be fure they're friendly rather than potential enemies
[Tue Jan 23 20:51:00 2007] : (5) Lia: *sure
[Tue Jan 23 20:51:30 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Better we follow them than the other way around. I dislike being attacked in the back"
[Tue Jan 23 20:51:33 2007] : (3) Adrin: "May as well keep going and find somewhere to camp up ahead"
[Tue Jan 23 20:51:57 2007] : (2) Dan: "I'm happy to continue"
[Tue Jan 23 20:52:05 2007] : (5) Lia: "Fine"
[Tue Jan 23 20:52:11 2007] : (3) Adrin: Adrin strides on
[Tue Jan 23 20:52:59 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra keeps on going
[Tue Jan 23 20:53:30 2007] : (4) Aliatra: ooc When I said flail earlier, I actually meant sword, so Aliatra goes on, sword in hand
[Tue Jan 23 20:53:50 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc you can swap while you walk ;)
[Tue Jan 23 20:54:02 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan has his bow in hand
[Tue Jan 23 20:54:12 2007] : (1) DM: An hour later you reach the shores of a small lake with a craggy cliff at its northern shore.
[Tue Jan 23 20:54:13 2007] : (3) Adrin: ooc can't you do two weapons yet? ;)
[Tue Jan 23 20:54:20 2007] : (2) Dan: "Actually, can we stop for a second"
[Tue Jan 23 20:54:27 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Whats up?
[Tue Jan 23 20:54:41 2007] : (2) Dan: "Just in case there's anything nasty around here, I'd like to armour myself"
[Tue Jan 23 20:54:49 2007] : (2) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Shield (level 1) : +4 shield bonus to AC. Protection from MM. (Duration - 1 minute/level)
[Tue Jan 23 20:54:54 2007] : (2) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Mage Armour (level 1): Gives subject +4 armor bonus for 1 hour/level
[Tue Jan 23 20:55:06 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc just the mage armour, not the shield
[Tue Jan 23 20:55:16 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc got carried away ;)
[Tue Jan 23 20:55:36 2007] : (1) DM: ooc Scared?
[Tue Jan 23 20:55:49 2007] : (5) Lia: "That sounds like a good idea"
[Tue Jan 23 20:55:54 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc maybe a little :)
[Tue Jan 23 20:56:00 2007] : (5) Lia: Casts...(level 2): Barkskin +3 natural armour (10mn/lvl)
[Tue Jan 23 20:56:01 2007] : (1) DM: Small waves lap on the pebbled shore.
[Tue Jan 23 20:56:09 2007] : (2) Dan: "OK, I'm ready"
[Tue Jan 23 20:56:32 2007] : (1) DM: Birds sing their evening chorus in the trees on the lake shore.
[Tue Jan 23 20:56:59 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc I don't like it when the DM starts getting all chippering
[Tue Jan 23 20:57:04 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc chippery?
[Tue Jan 23 20:57:09 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc whatever ;)
[Tue Jan 23 20:57:16 2007] : (1) DM: ooc just trying to set the scene.
[Tue Jan 23 20:57:33 2007] : (2) Dan: "Where are the tracks heading?"
[Tue Jan 23 20:58:09 2007] : (1) DM: The tracks head around the lake towards the north shore (where the craggy cliffs are.
[Tue Jan 23 20:58:26 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan looks at the tracks
[Tue Jan 23 20:58:53 2007] : (3) Adrin: "They can't have gone up the cliffs, can they?"
[Tue Jan 23 20:58:56 2007] : (2) Dan: "Shall we head to the cliffs? Maybe we followed a totally random set of tracks?"
[Tue Jan 23 20:59:27 2007] : (2) Dan: "According to my studies of the arcane, a green dragon will normally lair in the woods"
[Tue Jan 23 20:59:51 2007] : (3) Adrin: "On the ground?"
[Tue Jan 23 21:00:03 2007] : (1) DM: ooc in caves.
[Tue Jan 23 21:00:08 2007] : (5) Lia: "I really think we should set camp. Or at least give ourselves until dusk, maximum"
[Tue Jan 23 21:00:15 2007] : (1) DM: ooc caves in the woods.
[Tue Jan 23 21:00:33 2007] : (1) DM: ooc just like those craggy cliffs.... ;)
[Tue Jan 23 21:00:35 2007] : (2) Dan: "I guess caves in the woods would be acceptable"
[Tue Jan 23 21:00:38 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "At least with the lake here this should be a good place to camp"
[Tue Jan 23 21:00:51 2007] : (2) Dan: "Yes, let's continue. We're nearly there anyway"
[Tue Jan 23 21:01:20 2007] : (3) Adrin: Adrin leads the way
[Tue Jan 23 21:01:58 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra walks at his side
[Tue Jan 23 21:02:05 2007] : (5) Lia: Lia follows
[Tue Jan 23 21:03:35 2007] : (2) Dan: "Onwards, and upwards as they say"
[Tue Jan 23 21:04:05 2007] : (1) DM: Where the shore line rises towards the cliffs you see an area where the vegetation has been flatted extensively.
[Tue Jan 23 21:04:09 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Do they?"
[Tue Jan 23 21:04:19 2007] : (1) DM: You surmise that the wagon was parked here and loaded.
[Tue Jan 23 21:04:27 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Some people say they say so"
[Tue Jan 23 21:04:51 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Looks like they came, killed and went"
[Tue Jan 23 21:05:30 2007] : (5) Lia: "Which is what we should be doing"
[Tue Jan 23 21:05:32 2007] : (2) Dan: "we certainly use that expression in the mountains Adrin"
[Tue Jan 23 21:05:54 2007] : (2) Dan: "I think that they probably killed, came then went"
[Tue Jan 23 21:06:14 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Mountains, upwards... makes sense"
[Tue Jan 23 21:06:16 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Yeah, well,m you're forever going upwards in the mountains, aren't you?"
[Tue Jan 23 21:06:53 2007] : (2) Dan: "Let's have a look at the caves, I've never seen a dragon's lair. This should be a treat."
[Tue Jan 23 21:07:09 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Sounds good"
[Tue Jan 23 21:07:23 2007] : (2) Dan: "Well, it's upwards for quite a while in the mountains, and then it's downhill for a while usually"
[Tue Jan 23 21:07:27 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan smiles
[Tue Jan 23 21:08:15 2007] : (3) Adrin: "I've never been up a mountain"
[Tue Jan 23 21:08:31 2007] : (2) Dan: "Of course, my people live in upland valleys, not on the tops of mountains."
[Tue Jan 23 21:08:37 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "I'm a city girl myself"
[Tue Jan 23 21:09:02 2007] : (1) DM: By this time the sun has nearly set.
[Tue Jan 23 21:09:03 2007] : (2) Dan: "Some of our warriors journey to the tops as a feat of great courage and endurance"
[Tue Jan 23 21:09:23 2007] : (2) Dan: "So do we wait for morning now?"
[Tue Jan 23 21:09:34 2007] : (5) Lia: "I definitely have a thing for the woods"
[Tue Jan 23 21:09:44 2007] : (5) Lia: "Although I must say I am getting used to the city"
[Tue Jan 23 21:09:52 2007] : (3) Adrin: "No sense wandering around in the dark"
[Tue Jan 23 21:10:01 2007] : (5) Lia: "Well, I would call waiting for the morning a cautious move"
[Tue Jan 23 21:10:06 2007] : (2) Dan: "A amp by the lakeside then?"
[Tue Jan 23 21:10:09 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc camp
[Tue Jan 23 21:10:14 2007] : (5) Lia: "All of us were pretty strained by this battle with the dragon I thought"
[Tue Jan 23 21:10:17 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "We have light, don't we?"
[Tue Jan 23 21:10:22 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc I don't have an amp ;)
[Tue Jan 23 21:10:22 2007] : (5) Lia: "Although I may be speaking for myself here"
[Tue Jan 23 21:10:23 2007] : (3) Adrin: ooc how big is the lake?
[Tue Jan 23 21:10:37 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra holds her hand with the ring up
[Tue Jan 23 21:11:08 2007] : (2) Dan: "I have used up a few spells Lia, and will be happy for the rest"
[Tue Jan 23 21:11:19 2007] : (3) Adrin: "He barely touched me actually"
[Tue Jan 23 21:11:31 2007] : (2) Dan: "But I'm also not too worried to continue for a while"
[Tue Jan 23 21:11:39 2007] : (1) DM: ooc the lake is about this big.
[Tue Jan 23 21:12:03 2007] : (2) Dan: "I can see for quite a while onger than the rest of you in this low light"
[Tue Jan 23 21:12:27 2007] : (1) DM: ooc it's some 500 m in diameter and approximately circular.
[Tue Jan 23 21:13:51 2007] : (3) Adrin: Adrin readies himself for a nights sleep
[Tue Jan 23 21:14:22 2007] : (2) Dan: "It seems Adrin has decided"
[Tue Jan 23 21:14:35 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan readies himself for sleep too
[Tue Jan 23 21:14:37 2007] : (3) Adrin: "I'm having trouble seeing already"
[Tue Jan 23 21:14:53 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "No need to wait fdor daylight to explore a cave, it's going to be dark in there any time"
[Tue Jan 23 21:15:46 2007] : (2) Dan: "Shall we set watches?"
[Tue Jan 23 21:16:06 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Good idea"
[Tue Jan 23 21:16:29 2007] : (2) Dan: "I can take 4 hours. I need little of what you might call sleep."
[Tue Jan 23 21:16:53 2007] : (2) Dan: "Provided that I can catch up if we are interrupted"
[Tue Jan 23 21:17:15 2007] : (5) Lia: "I need a good night sleep, I am beat"
[Tue Jan 23 21:17:28 2007] : (5) Lia: "But I can take the second watch"
[Tue Jan 23 21:17:50 2007] : (2) Dan: "I will watch for 4 hours, then you can do two each?"
[Tue Jan 23 21:17:50 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Wake me when you need me"
[Tue Jan 23 21:17:55 2007] : (5) Lia: Lia goes to the lake and cleans herself a bit from the dragon's blood
[Tue Jan 23 21:17:57 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "We're low onm peopel, let's just all of us do a 2 hours shift"
[Tue Jan 23 21:18:16 2007] : (5) Lia: ALiatra, I would rest better if I could sleep 4 hours straight"
[Tue Jan 23 21:18:32 2007] : (2) Dan: "Fine, I will sit with Lia for second watch anyway"
[Tue Jan 23 21:18:33 2007] : (5) Lia: "Waking everybody in trun every 4 hours is unnatural"
[Tue Jan 23 21:18:41 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc every 2 hours, not 4
[Tue Jan 23 21:18:50 2007] : (5) Lia: "4 is a much healthier cycle"
[Tue Jan 23 21:19:23 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "No need to wake everybody up, just the next in line for watch"
[Tue Jan 23 21:19:46 2007] : (2) Dan: "Lia, take first. I will sit with you, then you can go to sleep after 2 hours and leave me to myself"
[Tue Jan 23 21:20:00 2007] : (5) Lia: "Whatever"
[Tue Jan 23 21:20:02 2007] : (2) Dan: "I will wake Ali after 4 hours"
[Tue Jan 23 21:20:19 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "And I will wake Dan 2 hours after that"
[Tue Jan 23 21:20:19 2007] : (5) Lia: Lia goes to sleep
[Tue Jan 23 21:20:27 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Adrin
[Tue Jan 23 21:20:29 2007] : (3) Adrin: Adrin starts to snore lightly
[Tue Jan 23 21:20:40 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc what's the weather like?
[Tue Jan 23 21:21:08 2007] : (1) DM: ooc Fine,
[Tue Jan 23 21:21:15 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra lies down and tries to go to sleep
[Tue Jan 23 21:21:46 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan looks around and observes the clear air over the lake and all around by the light of the stars
[Tue Jan 23 21:23:39 2007] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Has LIa abandoned you?
[Tue Jan 23 21:23:44 2007] : (1) DM: The following morning starts with a light mist over the lake which is soon cleared by the rising sun.
[Tue Jan 23 21:24:14 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan takes out his spellbook and memorises his spells for the day
[Tue Jan 23 21:24:52 2007] : (3) Adrin: Adrin gets up, does some stretches and has a bit of a wash in the lake
[Tue Jan 23 21:25:46 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra prays for some time before doing her exercises
[Tue Jan 23 21:26:02 2007] : (5) Lia: Lia gets up and goes for a walk not very far, with Moeki
[Tue Jan 23 21:28:15 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Right, lets see whats in this lair"
[Tue Jan 23 21:28:43 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Sure, I'd love to!"
[Tue Jan 23 21:29:16 2007] : (5) Lia: Lia comes back
[Tue Jan 23 21:29:16 2007] : ** (5) Lia found the F12 macro key **
[Tue Jan 23 21:29:18 2007] : (2) Dan: "Yes, I am ready"
[Tue Jan 23 21:29:32 2007] : (5) Lia: "Are we ready to explore now?"
[Tue Jan 23 21:29:40 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc damned damned damned
[Tue Jan 23 21:29:50 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc sorry
[Tue Jan 23 21:29:53 2007] : (4) Aliatra: ooc What's wrong?
[Tue Jan 23 21:30:08 2007] : (1) DM: A rough and narrow path climbs on top of the cliff face.
[Tue Jan 23 21:30:10 2007] : (2) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Mage Armour (level 1): Gives subject +4 armor bonus for 1 hour/level
[Tue Jan 23 21:30:52 2007] : (2) Dan: "Should we need it, I have memorised a Protection from energy spell"
[Tue Jan 23 21:31:05 2007] : (5) Lia: Casts...(level 2): Barkskin +3 natural armour (10mn/lvl)
[Tue Jan 23 21:31:12 2007] : (3) Adrin: Adrin checks his sword is ready to be drawn
[Tue Jan 23 21:31:19 2007] : (5) Lia: "So have I actually"
[Tue Jan 23 21:31:52 2007] : (2) Dan: "It will only work on one person, but it negates the effects of, for example acid. Up to a point at least. Its power is limited"
[Tue Jan 23 21:31:53 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Surely there wont be anything in here to fight"
[Tue Jan 23 21:32:14 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Let's not assume anything"
[Tue Jan 23 21:32:30 2007] : (2) Dan: "Indeed"
[Tue Jan 23 21:32:37 2007] : (2) Dan: "I am ready to go"
[Tue Jan 23 21:32:44 2007] : (5) Lia: "So am I"
[Tue Jan 23 21:32:57 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Lets go"
[Tue Jan 23 21:33:02 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "And I"
[Tue Jan 23 21:33:07 2007] : (5) Lia: Lia checks her sling and bullets
[Tue Jan 23 21:35:23 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan holds his bow
[Tue Jan 23 21:35:49 2007] : (1) DM: After 30 mins of climbing the path reaches a large cave mouth surrounded by craggy rock formations.
[Tue Jan 23 21:36:06 2007] : (1) DM: The air is heavy with the acrid stink of green dragons.
[Tue Jan 23 21:36:47 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra stops at the miouth of the cave and activates her ring
[Tue Jan 23 21:36:51 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Smells like we're in the right place"
[Tue Jan 23 21:36:59 2007] : (5) Lia: It does indeed
[Tue Jan 23 21:37:00 2007] : (2) Dan: "My word, what a stink. nothing prepared me for the actual smell!"
[Tue Jan 23 21:37:07 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Stinks worse than a sewer"
[Tue Jan 23 21:38:03 2007] : (1) DM: The cave is large and as far as you can tell from the entrance, empty.
[Tue Jan 23 21:38:17 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra walks in, cautiously
[Tue Jan 23 21:39:15 2007] : (2) Dan: San follows and examines the walls carefully
[Tue Jan 23 21:39:15 2007] : (3) Adrin: "See anything?"
[Tue Jan 23 21:39:26 2007] : (5) Lia: Lia enters the cave and starts to search the cave cautiously, trying to avoid traps, holes whatever could be there
[Tue Jan 23 21:39:31 2007] : (5) Lia: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [4,2] = (6)
[Tue Jan 23 21:39:42 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc man, my rolls are hype tonight :)
[Tue Jan 23 21:39:47 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan takes his time to examine the walls thoroughly, looking for anything hidden
[Tue Jan 23 21:40:01 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc take 20 -
[Tue Jan 23 21:40:07 2007] : (2) Dan: Search Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [14,7] = (21)
[Tue Jan 23 21:40:28 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc = 29 (+2 from Know Architecture synergy)
[Tue Jan 23 21:40:46 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc take 20, good idea ;)
[Tue Jan 23 21:40:51 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc Plus spooky elf vision
[Tue Jan 23 21:40:54 2007] : (1) DM: The cave is empty but with careful searching you find a few bits and pieces of dragon horde that were left behind.
[Tue Jan 23 21:40:55 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra just walks around, lokking for anyh signs that show how dragons live
[Tue Jan 23 21:40:58 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [6,2] = (8)
[Tue Jan 23 21:41:43 2007] : (3) Adrin: Adrin waits
[Tue Jan 23 21:42:11 2007] : (1) DM: [1d100] -> [52] = (52)
[Tue Jan 23 21:42:49 2007] : (1) DM: [1d100] -> [96] = (96)
[Tue Jan 23 21:42:55 2007] : (1) DM: [1d100] -> [62] = (62)
[Tue Jan 23 21:43:09 2007] : (1) DM: [1d100] -> [22] = (22)
[Tue Jan 23 21:43:45 2007] : (1) DM: Lia find a scroll of cure moderate wounds tucked bethind a tree root.
[Tue Jan 23 21:43:56 2007] : (1) DM: [1d100] -> [76] = (76)
[Tue Jan 23 21:44:16 2007] : (1) DM: [1d100] -> [7] = (7)
[Tue Jan 23 21:44:53 2007] : (1) DM: Dan finds a wand of bear's endurance in a pile of bones.
[Tue Jan 23 21:44:54 2007] : (5) Lia: "Just one scroll"
[Tue Jan 23 21:44:56 2007] : (1) DM: [1d100] -> [82] = (82)
[Tue Jan 23 21:45:02 2007] : (5) Lia: "Apperently forgotten"
[Tue Jan 23 21:45:20 2007] : (1) DM: [1d100] -> [17] = (17)
[Tue Jan 23 21:45:36 2007] : (1) DM: Aliatra finds a wand of cure light wounds.
[Tue Jan 23 21:45:38 2007] : (2) Dan: "I found his wand. I will need to identify it later"
[Tue Jan 23 21:45:40 2007] : (1) DM: [1d100] -> [73] = (73)
[Tue Jan 23 21:45:42 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Or they couldn't be bothered, what with all the treasure"
[Tue Jan 23 21:45:57 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "I found a wand as well"
[Tue Jan 23 21:46:23 2007] : (2) Dan: "I will ID that one later too"
[Tue Jan 23 21:46:38 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc oh, I have to identify it? THe scroll that is? Or can I do spellcraft or something?
[Tue Jan 23 21:46:55 2007] : (1) DM: Bert finds a spherical black gemstone rattling around in a skull.
[Tue Jan 23 21:47:27 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Hmm, whats this?"
[Tue Jan 23 21:47:40 2007] : (1) DM: ooc black pearl worth 500 gp.
[Tue Jan 23 21:47:49 2007] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Why not just tryh Read magic?
[Tue Jan 23 21:47:57 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc read magic Lia
[Tue Jan 23 21:47:59 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "What scroll is that, Lia?"
[Tue Jan 23 21:48:05 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc k
[Tue Jan 23 21:48:16 2007] : (3) Adrin: Adrin tucks the pearl into his pack for selling later
[Tue Jan 23 21:48:17 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc DC = 15 + spell level (or 17)
[Tue Jan 23 21:48:36 2007] : (5) Lia: Casts... (level 0): Read magic: read scrolls and spellbooks
[Tue Jan 23 21:48:44 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc or do that ;)
[Tue Jan 23 21:48:55 2007] : (5) Lia: "Ah might come in handy. A curing spell"
[Tue Jan 23 21:49:13 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Very nice"
[Tue Jan 23 21:49:20 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc there's a read magic skill?
[Tue Jan 23 21:49:25 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc /me is confused here
[Tue Jan 23 21:49:25 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc can any of you cast Bear's endurance? I assume that Lia can?
[Tue Jan 23 21:49:41 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc Yes, read magic skill
[Tue Jan 23 21:49:57 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc I would imagine I can yes. Yep. Lvl 2 spell
[Tue Jan 23 21:50:06 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc cool
[Tue Jan 23 21:50:07 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc I don't have a read magic skill!
[Tue Jan 23 21:50:25 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc ah decipher script maybe?
[Tue Jan 23 21:50:26 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc err, hmm, nope you are right
[Tue Jan 23 21:50:43 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc I'm talking rubbish - it's a spellcraft check
[Tue Jan 23 21:50:44 2007] : (1) DM: ooc readign scrolls is spell craft.
[Tue Jan 23 21:50:54 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc hehe
[Tue Jan 23 21:51:43 2007] : (1) DM: Having had enough of the eye0watering atmosphere in the cave you all exit back to the fresher air outside.
[Tue Jan 23 21:52:21 2007] : (3) Adrin: Adrin takes a deep breath and gives his eyes a good rub
[Tue Jan 23 21:52:30 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra speaks to her ring and the lightg extinguishes
[Tue Jan 23 21:53:47 2007] : (1) DM: What next?
[Tue Jan 23 21:53:57 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "That stench! Imagine having to haul a dragons hoard out of there"
[Tue Jan 23 21:54:12 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Let's go on to town, shall we?"
[Tue Jan 23 21:54:21 2007] : (5) Lia: "Yes, let us"
[Tue Jan 23 21:54:25 2007] : (2) Dan: "Yes, it's almost overpowering, and I guess it may even have dissipated somewhat by now!"
[Tue Jan 23 21:54:40 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Well it must've been worth it since they left little behind"
[Tue Jan 23 21:54:43 2007] : (2) Dan: "Yes. And figure out how to pay for four dead horses"
[Tue Jan 23 21:54:44 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc Craig, you've put all the loot on the wiki? ;-)
[Tue Jan 23 21:55:02 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc the two wands only
[Tue Jan 23 21:55:11 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc as they need IDing
[Tue Jan 23 21:56:12 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan packs up
[Tue Jan 23 21:56:31 2007] : (1) DM: As you decend down the path....
[Tue Jan 23 21:56:35 2007] : (1) DM: Spot checks.
[Tue Jan 23 21:56:42 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc ok, I kept the scroll
[Tue Jan 23 21:56:43 2007] : (2) Dan: "I can identify the wands right now if you wish? I have some scrolls with identify written on them"
[Tue Jan 23 21:56:46 2007] : (3) Adrin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [10,5] = (15)
[Tue Jan 23 21:56:47 2007] : (5) Lia: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [18,5] = (23)
[Tue Jan 23 21:56:47 2007] : (2) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
[Tue Jan 23 21:56:50 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [16,2] = (18)
[Tue Jan 23 21:57:19 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Why waste good scrolls when you can do it for free tomorrow of the day after?"
[Tue Jan 23 21:57:58 2007] : (5) Lia: "Hmmm, there's is something there"
[Tue Jan 23 21:58:00 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Hmmm"
[Tue Jan 23 21:58:13 2007] : (5) Lia: Lia points to the lake waters near the cliff
[Tue Jan 23 21:58:14 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Glittering and golden looking"
[Tue Jan 23 21:58:29 2007] : (5) Lia: "Ah, yes, you see it?"
[Tue Jan 23 21:58:33 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Let's find out what it is, shall we?"
[Tue Jan 23 21:58:38 2007] : (3) Adrin: "What is it?"
[Tue Jan 23 21:58:59 2007] : (5) Lia: "Not sure whether it is just a trick of the sun or something in the water"
[Tue Jan 23 21:59:05 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra points to something shiny and gold coloured glinting in the lake waters near the cliff
[Tue Jan 23 21:59:08 2007] : (5) Lia: "But it looks very much like there is something in the water"
[Tue Jan 23 21:59:11 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Can you see it?"
[Tue Jan 23 21:59:31 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Looks valuable"
[Tue Jan 23 21:59:37 2007] : (3) Adrin: Adrin smiles
[Tue Jan 23 21:59:44 2007] : (2) Dan: "I can't see it"
[Tue Jan 23 21:59:56 2007] : (2) Dan: "It's worth investigating though"
[Tue Jan 23 21:59:56 2007] : (1) DM: You peer over the edge and see what appears to be numerous gold coins lying in the water.
[Tue Jan 23 22:01:15 2007] : (5) Lia: "Could the treasure have actually fallen into the water?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:01:42 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Who cares. Lets go get it"
[Tue Jan 23 22:01:49 2007] : (1) DM: You can climb down the cliff at this point if you wish -- it's not vertical but steeply sloped with many hand and foot holds.
[Tue Jan 23 22:02:06 2007] : (2) Dan: "Some may have dropped."
[Tue Jan 23 22:02:13 2007] : (2) Dan: "Does anyone have rope?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:02:40 2007] : (3) Adrin: "I do"
[Tue Jan 23 22:02:44 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "I think that is just spillage, either by the robbers or by the dragon"
[Tue Jan 23 22:03:03 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Any decent swimmers here?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:03:29 2007] : (3) Adrin: "I'm not bad at it"
[Tue Jan 23 22:03:45 2007] : (5) Lia: "I'm fair, not great"
[Tue Jan 23 22:03:55 2007] : (3) Adrin: Adrin takes the rope from his pack
[Tue Jan 23 22:05:14 2007] : (3) Adrin: Adrin ties the rope round his waist and hands the rest of the rope to Ali
[Tue Jan 23 22:05:21 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Just in case I slip"
[Tue Jan 23 22:06:00 2007] : (3) Adrin: Adrin starts down the slope
[Tue Jan 23 22:06:06 2007] : (1) DM: Climb check.
[Tue Jan 23 22:06:12 2007] : (3) Adrin: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
[Tue Jan 23 22:06:15 2007] : (1) DM: ooc never know when you might roll a one...
[Tue Jan 23 22:06:27 2007] : (3) Adrin: ooc whats the DC?
[Tue Jan 23 22:06:36 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc secret ;)
[Tue Jan 23 22:06:43 2007] : (1) DM: ooc I think it's 5 or something like that.
[Tue Jan 23 22:06:53 2007] : (3) Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Jan 23 22:06:59 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra opens her backpackand takes a rope out
[Tue Jan 23 22:06:59 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Come on now, there must be someone here that can get into the water without drowning immediately"
[Tue Jan 23 22:07:05 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc hehe
[Tue Jan 23 22:07:31 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc Adrin is already climbing down :P
[Tue Jan 23 22:07:49 2007] : (1) DM: Adrin reaches the bottom of the cliff and stands on a large large bolder in the water.
[Tue Jan 23 22:07:56 2007] : (4) Aliatra: ooc I've been missing minutes of dialoguw here
[Tue Jan 23 22:08:01 2007] : (3) Adrin: ooc and you've got the end of the rope!
[Tue Jan 23 22:08:11 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc looks like it :/
[Tue Jan 23 22:08:17 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 23 22:08:19 2007] : (3) Adrin: Adrin unties himself and dives in
[Tue Jan 23 22:08:36 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra holds on to the rope
[Tue Jan 23 22:08:50 2007] : (2) Dan: "It's probably better to keep the rope on in case we need to haul you up... Oh, never mind"
[Tue Jan 23 22:09:04 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan keeps a wary eye out
[Tue Jan 23 22:09:37 2007] : (1) DM: As Adrin dives into the water and starts swimming towards the place where the gold is the water starts to swirl violently.
[Tue Jan 23 22:09:55 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Adrin! Get out now!"
[Tue Jan 23 22:10:04 2007] : (5) Lia: "Look out!"
[Tue Jan 23 22:10:14 2007] : (1) DM: A 2 m tall tower of spinning, twisting water rapidly forms.
[Tue Jan 23 22:10:27 2007] : (2) Dan: "Hmm, I can see my fire spells coming in handy here"
[Tue Jan 23 22:10:29 2007] : (5) Lia: Lia readies her sling
[Tue Jan 23 22:10:44 2007] : (3) Adrin: "bubble, flubble, ubble"
[Tue Jan 23 22:11:04 2007] : (1) DM: Within moments it slows and forms the shape of a female humanoid, her hair a constant cascade of water.
[Tue Jan 23 22:11:45 2007] : (1) Water Sprite: (with a smooth lyrical voice) "Adventurers? Come to claim a prize from my domain?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:11:45 2007] : (3) Adrin: Adrin treads water
[Tue Jan 23 22:11:47 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "What's that?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:11:52 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [19,5] = (24)
[Tue Jan 23 22:12:07 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra stares at the female
[Tue Jan 23 22:12:09 2007] : (1) Water Sprite: ooc It's a type of water elemental.
[Tue Jan 23 22:12:15 2007] : (2) Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [4,10] = (14)
[Tue Jan 23 22:12:26 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Well it just seemed to be lying there, unwanted"
[Tue Jan 23 22:12:50 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Adrin, get out now, no swimming in the nice womans water"
[Tue Jan 23 22:13:15 2007] : (5) Lia: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [14,3] = (17)
[Tue Jan 23 22:13:28 2007] : (1) Water Sprite: "Perhaps you wish to play a game and win the earthly gold as your price?" (a musical laugh).
[Tue Jan 23 22:13:43 2007] : (1) Water Sprite: (price = prize)
[Tue Jan 23 22:13:50 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc can you use sense motive with an elemental?
[Tue Jan 23 22:13:50 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "What kind of game?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:13:52 2007] : (3) Adrin: "What kind of game?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:14:26 2007] : (1) Water Sprite: "A riddle I think would be the most amusing."
[Tue Jan 23 22:14:44 2007] : (1) Water Sprite: ooc Lia, yes you can.
[Tue Jan 23 22:14:44 2007] : (5) Lia: Lia grins
[Tue Jan 23 22:14:58 2007] : (5) Lia: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [14,4] = (18)
[Tue Jan 23 22:15:11 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [6,6] = (12)
[Tue Jan 23 22:15:13 2007] : (2) Dan: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [3,1] = (4)
[Tue Jan 23 22:15:17 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Hmm, so if we win we get the gold. What do you get out of this?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:15:29 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc but the DM rolls it for you anyway Lia
[Tue Jan 23 22:15:31 2007] : (3) Adrin: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [9,2] = (11)
[Tue Jan 23 22:15:52 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Tell us your conditions and the wager"
[Tue Jan 23 22:16:09 2007] : (1) Water Sprite: ooc I hate the sense motive roll. I never know what to do with it.
[Tue Jan 23 22:17:00 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc doesn't the PHB tell you?
[Tue Jan 23 22:17:41 2007] : (1) Water Sprite: "Answer the riddle and you win the gold that lies forgotten here in the lake, fail and the gold stays here. Oh do say, yes!"
[Tue Jan 23 22:17:48 2007] : (1) Water Sprite: ooc not really in a helpful way.
[Tue Jan 23 22:17:52 2007] : (5) Lia: to the water Sprite "I would play just for the sake of playing. A riddle by a water creature cannot be but full of nature's spirit"
[Tue Jan 23 22:18:04 2007] : (1) Water Sprite: (giggle)
[Tue Jan 23 22:18:10 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Sounds like fun"
[Tue Jan 23 22:18:26 2007] : (5) Lia: to her companions We never had this gold to start with. What do we have to lose?
[Tue Jan 23 22:18:43 2007] : (5) Lia: "I accept. For myself. Let my friends speak for themselves"
[Tue Jan 23 22:18:55 2007] : (1) Water Sprite: "Then answer me this: 'We rise, we turn, we fall, we hide. Who are we?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:18:56 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Seems to be no harm in it. An d we can go free, unharmed, no matter who wins or loses?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:19:32 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan ponders the words
[Tue Jan 23 22:20:01 2007] : (1) Water Sprite: While you think the spite splashes playfully in the sparkling waters of the lake.
[Tue Jan 23 22:20:43 2007] : (3) Adrin: Adrin looks up the cliff at the others, hopefully
[Tue Jan 23 22:21:34 2007] : (2) Dan: "Could it be the tides?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:21:46 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "We rise, so plural. What rises? the sun, moon and stars, dough"
[Tue Jan 23 22:21:46 2007] : (2) Dan: "I'm not sure that they hide though"
[Tue Jan 23 22:21:56 2007] : (5) Lia: whispering to her companions the seasons? The leaves? Leaves through seasons?
[Tue Jan 23 22:22:19 2007] : (2) Dan: "Perrennial plants?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:22:20 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Do leaves rise?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:22:33 2007] : (5) Lia: "in spring they grow, yes."
[Tue Jan 23 22:22:33 2007] : (1) Water Sprite: "Let me know when you decide on a final answer."
[Tue Jan 23 22:22:44 2007] : (2) Dan: "The crocus for example. Although I'm not sure how they turn"
[Tue Jan 23 22:22:45 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Sun and moon sound good"
[Tue Jan 23 22:22:53 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "We will, ma'am"
[Tue Jan 23 22:22:58 2007] : (5) Lia: "in summer they seek the light, the sun"
[Tue Jan 23 22:23:02 2007] : (1) Water Sprite: (giggle)
[Tue Jan 23 22:23:02 2007] : (5) Lia: "they turn"
[Tue Jan 23 22:23:12 2007] : (2) Dan: "Yes, Adrin, They hide behind each other in an eclipse"
[Tue Jan 23 22:23:15 2007] : (5) Lia: "in autumn they fall"
[Tue Jan 23 22:23:35 2007] : (2) Dan: "I think that the sun and moon is correct"
[Tue Jan 23 22:23:40 2007] : (3) Adrin: Adrin laughs and flicks some water at the sprite
[Tue Jan 23 22:24:12 2007] : (5) Lia: "Yes, it could be"
[Tue Jan 23 22:24:23 2007] : (1) Water Sprite: "Is that your final answer? Only one chance you'll have."
[Tue Jan 23 22:24:33 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc Yoda talk!
[Tue Jan 23 22:24:42 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Let's just try it, nothing ventured, nothing gained"
[Tue Jan 23 22:25:08 2007] : (2) Dan: "Are we agreed?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:25:23 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Yes"
[Tue Jan 23 22:25:30 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Yes, I can't think of anything better"
[Tue Jan 23 22:25:38 2007] : (2) Dan: "Hmm, do the sun and moon turn though?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:26:13 2007] : (5) Lia: "shadows?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:26:17 2007] : (2) Dan: "The mood always shows the same face"
[Tue Jan 23 22:26:24 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc moon
[Tue Jan 23 22:26:55 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc was trying to think if Dan would appreciate that the moon is tidally locked
[Tue Jan 23 22:27:05 2007] : (5) Lia: "shadows do rise, and fall and turn. Do they actually hide?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:27:42 2007] : (5) Lia: "well, they hide people"
[Tue Jan 23 22:27:48 2007] : (5) Lia: "if nothing else"
[Tue Jan 23 22:27:48 2007] : (3) Adrin: Adrin keeps treading water
[Tue Jan 23 22:27:57 2007] : (5) Lia: Lia grins
[Tue Jan 23 22:28:11 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Can we hurry it up?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:28:13 2007] : (2) Dan: "Do shadows turn?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:28:26 2007] : (5) Lia: "Yes, with the sun moving, they turn"
[Tue Jan 23 22:28:35 2007] : (2) Dan: "I'm sorry Adrin. This is most vexatious!"
[Tue Jan 23 22:28:51 2007] : (2) Dan: "They move certainly, is that turning?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:29:11 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "And how do they fall, exactly?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:29:14 2007] : (5) Lia: "Some people use them to tell the time"
[Tue Jan 23 22:29:32 2007] : (5) Lia: "I'm not sure Ali"
[Tue Jan 23 22:29:35 2007] : (2) Dan: "They lengthen as the sun gets lower in the sky, is that falling?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:30:09 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "More like growing, they start on the ground and they remain there"
[Tue Jan 23 22:30:29 2007] : (1) Water Sprite: The water sprite starts singing a cheerful song (in Aquan).
[Tue Jan 23 22:31:14 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan tries not to let it distract him
[Tue Jan 23 22:31:38 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra turns her back on the lake and the sprite
[Tue Jan 23 22:32:03 2007] : (5) Lia: Lia hums along
[Tue Jan 23 22:32:20 2007] : (5) Lia: "Are we allowed a clue?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:32:28 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan rubs his temples in concentration
[Tue Jan 23 22:33:05 2007] : (1) Water Sprite: "A clue? But you have the answer, just choose the right one."
[Tue Jan 23 22:33:25 2007] : (4) Aliatra: ooc It's way too late in the evening for games like this :)
[Tue Jan 23 22:33:29 2007] : (3) Adrin: "How about one of you tosses a coin"
[Tue Jan 23 22:33:50 2007] : (2) Dan: "Hmm, our answers so far - Sun and moon, leaves, the seasons, perennials, shadows"
[Tue Jan 23 22:34:04 2007] : (5) Lia: "Forget about perennials"
[Tue Jan 23 22:34:13 2007] : (3) Adrin: ooc anyone got a d5?
[Tue Jan 23 22:34:25 2007] : (2) Dan: [1d5] -> [5] = (5)
[Tue Jan 23 22:34:30 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc and make it a d4
[Tue Jan 23 22:35:08 2007] : (4) Aliatra: [1d4] -> [2] = (2)
[Tue Jan 23 22:35:21 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc so shadows? or sun and moon?
[Tue Jan 23 22:35:24 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc my two favourites :)
[Tue Jan 23 22:35:31 2007] : (2) Dan: "Maybe leaves, if they are considered to jide when they decompose"
[Tue Jan 23 22:35:41 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc hide
[Tue Jan 23 22:35:56 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Leaves turn their colour, in automn they fall and after falling the disappear into the ground"
[Tue Jan 23 22:36:04 2007] : (2) Dan: "But I guess that they don't rise"
[Tue Jan 23 22:36:17 2007] : (3) Adrin: Adrin swims back to the rock for a rest
[Tue Jan 23 22:36:20 2007] : (2) Dan: "So not leaves, it's a push on two counts"
[Tue Jan 23 22:36:27 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "They do suddenly appear on th ehighest branches"
[Tue Jan 23 22:36:54 2007] : (5) Lia: "Oh come on, it's just a game"
[Tue Jan 23 22:37:01 2007] : (2) Dan: "I wouldn't call that rising"
[Tue Jan 23 22:37:13 2007] : (5) Lia: "Choose my friends, stop thinking"
[Tue Jan 23 22:37:20 2007] : (2) Dan: "OK, sun and moon. Maybe they do turn. I know little of astronomy"
[Tue Jan 23 22:37:25 2007] : (5) Lia: "It is but a little gold"
[Tue Jan 23 22:37:54 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Sun and moon then?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:38:00 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Sun and moon rise, fall at the end of their time, time over the skies and hide behind clouds and eachother
[Tue Jan 23 22:38:01 2007] : (5) Lia: "yes"
[Tue Jan 23 22:38:44 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "They turn as they journey across the skies"
[Tue Jan 23 22:38:57 2007] : (1) Water Sprite: "You wish to give a answer?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:38:59 2007] : (2) Dan: "If you say so"
[Tue Jan 23 22:39:08 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Yes"
[Tue Jan 23 22:39:10 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Let's just say sun and moon"
[Tue Jan 23 22:39:42 2007] : (3) Adrin: "We're going for the Sun and Moon"
[Tue Jan 23 22:40:05 2007] : (1) Water Sprite: "Oh." (she looks a bit disappointed).
[Tue Jan 23 22:40:12 2007] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Oooh, what's with the Capitals?
[Tue Jan 23 22:40:41 2007] : (3) Adrin: ooc Shift key needed cleaning
[Tue Jan 23 22:40:58 2007] : (5) Lia: "Ah, it seems we chose wrongly"
[Tue Jan 23 22:41:01 2007] : (1) Water Sprite: "The sun is but one and the moon is one. We, the stars, are many as we rise with the dusk, turn as the sky sphere turns above the land, fall before dawn to hide from the sun."
[Tue Jan 23 22:41:19 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc DAMNED
[Tue Jan 23 22:41:25 2007] : (1) Water Sprite: "But it was a fair answer, you may have half the gold as your prize."
[Tue Jan 23 22:41:29 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc I was typing before you said "oh"
[Tue Jan 23 22:41:39 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Well, it was fun playing with you"
[Tue Jan 23 22:41:43 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Are you sure?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:41:44 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc "and if my hands were large enough to hold them all, I would throw in the stars"
[Tue Jan 23 22:41:46 2007] : (2) Dan: "Most generous of you"
[Tue Jan 23 22:42:10 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "You are most kind"
[Tue Jan 23 22:42:17 2007] : (1) Water Sprite: The sprite causes a surge of water to scoop some of the coins from the lake bed and sends them showering down over the rocks on the lake shore.
[Tue Jan 23 22:42:48 2007] : (5) Lia: Lia catches one in flight
[Tue Jan 23 22:42:54 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Well that saves me swimming down to get them"
[Tue Jan 23 22:42:54 2007] : (1) Water Sprite: And with that she turns and dives into the water.
[Tue Jan 23 22:43:00 2007] : (2) Dan: "Bye"
[Tue Jan 23 22:43:19 2007] : (1) DM: "Farewell..."
[Tue Jan 23 22:43:32 2007] : (5) Lia: "Farewell, and thank you"
[Tue Jan 23 22:43:37 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Farewelll, fair lady"
[Tue Jan 23 22:43:45 2007] : (5) Lia: "We were to small for the starts, friend"
[Tue Jan 23 22:43:53 2007] : (5) Lia: *too small for all the stars
[Tue Jan 23 22:44:03 2007] : (3) Adrin: Adrin waves farewell
[Tue Jan 23 22:44:05 2007] : (5) Lia: Lia grins
[Tue Jan 23 22:44:13 2007] : (3) Adrin: ooc 'waves' doh
[Tue Jan 23 22:44:17 2007] : (1) DM: [2d4] -> [1,4] = (5)
[Tue Jan 23 22:44:30 2007] : (1) DM: You gather up some 250 gold pieces.
[Tue Jan 23 22:44:55 2007] : (5) Lia: -1 I caught in flight and am keeping as souvenir :P
[Tue Jan 23 22:44:56 2007] : (2) Dan: "That will at least help pay for our horses"
[Tue Jan 23 22:45:17 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "As they say where I grew up: beter than a poke in the eye"
[Tue Jan 23 22:45:23 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra grins
[Tue Jan 23 22:45:55 2007] : (3) Adrin: "You lot have weird sayings"
[Tue Jan 23 22:46:01 2007] : (5) Lia: "It does change from our bloody adventures, doesn't it"
[Tue Jan 23 22:46:08 2007] : (5) Lia: "Refreshing"
[Tue Jan 23 22:46:20 2007] : (2) Dan: "Yes, nice to meet a creature not intent on our death"
[Tue Jan 23 22:46:28 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "I wish I was a better swimmer now"
[Tue Jan 23 22:46:49 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Yes, very refreshing" Adrin stands, dripping
[Tue Jan 23 22:47:58 2007] : (2) Dan: "You'd need to strip all your armour off first Ali, or you'd do a great impression of sinking"
[Tue Jan 23 22:48:37 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "And even then I wouldn't be good at it, not many chances to swim in towns"
[Tue Jan 23 22:48:37 2007] : (5) Lia: Lia laughs
[Tue Jan 23 22:49:38 2007] : (2) Dan: "we had crystal clear lakes to swim in in the mountains, but they were only warm enough in high summer"
[Tue Jan 23 22:49:58 2007] : (2) Dan: "So, shall we get on with our mission?"
[Tue Jan 23 22:50:12 2007] : (2) Dan: "I think we had something to do"
[Tue Jan 23 22:50:18 2007] : (3) Adrin: "Remind me again"
[Tue Jan 23 22:50:21 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan grins
[Tue Jan 23 22:50:25 2007] : (4) Aliatra: "Yes, we have a long way to walk before we even get there"
[Tue Jan 23 22:51:21 2007] : (5) Lia: "Let us go. This game has made me happy for the day"
[Tue Jan 23 22:51:58 2007] : (2) Dan: Dan heads off
[Tue Jan 23 22:52:39 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra follows
[Tue Jan 23 22:52:52 2007] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Who's got the money?
[Tue Jan 23 22:53:00 2007] : (3) Adrin: Adrin does likewise
[Tue Jan 23 22:53:02 2007] : (1) DM: Heading onwards to Westharbour?
[Tue Jan 23 22:53:08 2007] : (4) Aliatra: Yep
[Tue Jan 23 22:53:11 2007] : (5) Lia: yes
[Tue Jan 23 22:53:14 2007] : (2) Dan: Yep
[Tue Jan 23 22:53:22 2007] : (5) Lia: ooc it's somehwere in the loot
[Tue Jan 23 22:53:26 2007] : (5) Lia: (the money that is)
[Tue Jan 23 22:53:43 2007] : (2) Dan: ooc only took us the best part of 2 sessions (and not even there yet ;)
[Tue Jan 23 22:54:12 2007] : (1) DM: You reach Westharbour in the early evening a hour before sundown.
[Tue Jan 23 22:54:15 2007] : (1) DM: GAME END