Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / The Dark Trade - 16 January 2007

[Tue Jan 16 19:23:58 2007] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Tue Jan 16 19:25:15 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc After forcing the DM into a subplot ...
[Tue Jan 16 19:26:16 2007] : (1) DM: It's early evening, around 7 o'clock and you're in the Giant's Boot Inn when a person wearing a cloak approaches you.
[Tue Jan 16 19:26:41 2007] : (8) Adrin: "Hey, nice cloak"
[Tue Jan 16 19:27:02 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra has a nice, quiet drink
[Tue Jan 16 19:27:08 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Where?"
[Tue Jan 16 19:27:15 2007] : (1) DM: ooc you could make lame remarks or you could wait for me to finish describing the person.
[Tue Jan 16 19:27:20 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan looks at the fellow
[Tue Jan 16 19:27:26 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc sorry :(
[Tue Jan 16 19:28:07 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Sorry
[Tue Jan 16 19:28:39 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc dave craig I'm sending you my node for safe keeping :P
[Tue Jan 16 19:28:49 2007] : (1) DM: She pulls off the hood of the cloak revealing a woman's face with cropped hair and a prominant scar over one one and down her cheek.
[Tue Jan 16 19:28:58 2007] : (9) Lia has sent you a tree node...
[Tue Jan 16 19:28:58 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Great idea, Delphine :)
[Tue Jan 16 19:29:29 2007] : (1) DM: She's armed with a short sword and dagger and wears a light shirt of mail.
[Tue Jan 16 19:31:07 2007] : (1) Franseza: "Greetings, may I join you."
[Tue Jan 16 19:31:13 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra looks at the woman's weapons and smiles
[Tue Jan 16 19:31:15 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc /me goes to the woman. Are you French?
[Tue Jan 16 19:31:24 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "By all means"
[Tue Jan 16 19:31:26 2007] : (1) Franseza: She sits down on a spare, nearby stool.
[Tue Jan 16 19:31:41 2007] : (9) Lia: "Greetings"
[Tue Jan 16 19:31:46 2007] : (1) Franseza: ooc random name generator is set to Breton names.
[Tue Jan 16 19:32:12 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc I love the name :)
[Tue Jan 16 19:32:37 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Allow me to introduce myself, I am Aliatra Gellantara"
[Tue Jan 16 19:32:46 2007] : (1) Franseza: "My name is Franseza and I work for a certain branch of the government. We have some work that you may be interested in undertaking."
[Tue Jan 16 19:33:00 2007] : (9) Lia: "Name is Lia"
[Tue Jan 16 19:33:13 2007] : (9) Lia: "A *certain* branch of the government?"
[Tue Jan 16 19:33:22 2007] : (9) Lia: interesting
[Tue Jan 16 19:33:32 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Why would that certain branch of the government want to hire us?"
[Tue Jan 16 19:33:48 2007] : (8) Adrin: "and why would we work for them?"
[Tue Jan 16 19:33:55 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan quietly observes
[Tue Jan 16 19:34:10 2007] : (1) Franseza: "You have read the newspapers for today, yes?"
[Tue Jan 16 19:34:29 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "We scanned them, yes"
[Tue Jan 16 19:34:45 2007] : (9) Lia: "I must say I did not"
[Tue Jan 16 19:34:46 2007] : (4) Dan: "I heard it shouted"
[Tue Jan 16 19:35:11 2007] : (1) Franseza: ooc I think someone did buy one of the papers and read it.
[Tue Jan 16 19:35:20 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Adrin did
[Tue Jan 16 19:35:33 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc yeah
[Tue Jan 16 19:35:33 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc And I think Aliatra did as well
[Tue Jan 16 19:35:46 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc well, I had a go at reading it
[Tue Jan 16 19:37:04 2007] : (1) Franseza: "You must understand that such a situation destabilizes the kingdom and the goverment cannot allow that."
[Tue Jan 16 19:37:27 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Talking abotu that assassination, I gather?"
[Tue Jan 16 19:37:38 2007] : (1) Franseza: "Yes."
[Tue Jan 16 19:37:45 2007] : (8) Adrin: "So what would be in it for me?"
[Tue Jan 16 19:37:47 2007] : (4) Dan: "From what I heard, your remaining nobles are doing a good job of destabilizing all by themselves"
[Tue Jan 16 19:38:09 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra grins
[Tue Jan 16 19:38:51 2007] : (1) Franseza: "Well, yes. That's the problem. We believe that one (or more) of the contenders for the ducal throne is behind the assassinations."
[Tue Jan 16 19:39:31 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "That makes sense. Who would be the most likely, you'd say?"
[Tue Jan 16 19:39:31 2007] : (1) Franseza: "With sufficient proof of that they'd be forced to ceed their claim and face the King's justice."
[Tue Jan 16 19:40:10 2007] : (4) Dan: "And which one would be the just king to offer the justice to the loser?"
[Tue Jan 16 19:40:12 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc ceed?
[Tue Jan 16 19:40:24 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc cede - give up
[Tue Jan 16 19:40:26 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc give up
[Tue Jan 16 19:40:56 2007] : (1) Franseza: ooc er, yes. It helps if I spell it right. Sorry.
[Tue Jan 16 19:41:35 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc ok, I thought so. sorry :/
[Tue Jan 16 19:41:35 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc cede
[Tue Jan 16 19:42:14 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc ceder in fr
[Tue Jan 16 19:42:22 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc oops
[Tue Jan 16 19:42:32 2007] : (1) Franseza: "I've read the reports on your activities in Northwatch and your latest success here in Southtown."
[Tue Jan 16 19:42:48 2007] : (9) Lia: "From NOrth to South..."
[Tue Jan 16 19:42:52 2007] : (9) Lia: "We are that well known?"
[Tue Jan 16 19:42:59 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc as long as she's heard nought about West ;)
[Tue Jan 16 19:42:59 2007] : (1) Franseza: ooc btw, The capital city has been renamed Southtown.
[Tue Jan 16 19:43:15 2007] : (9) Lia: "Hopefully for the better, if you're asking for our help"
[Tue Jan 16 19:43:36 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Right. (Aliatra adjusts her maps)
[Tue Jan 16 19:43:36 2007] : (8) Adrin: "News travels fast"
[Tue Jan 16 19:43:46 2007] : (1) Franseza: "And you seem to be upstanding citizens prepared to go that extra distance to ensure the safety of the kingdom and its people."
[Tue Jan 16 19:43:56 2007] : (1) Franseza: ooc roll vs flatery ;)
[Tue Jan 16 19:44:04 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "As long as the price is right"
[Tue Jan 16 19:44:06 2007] : (8) Adrin: Adrin splutters into his ale
[Tue Jan 16 19:44:19 2007] : (8) Adrin: "Went down the wrong way, there"
[Tue Jan 16 19:44:31 2007] : (9) Lia: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [16,4] = (20)
[Tue Jan 16 19:44:32 2007] : (1) Franseza: "Naturally the pay will be generous."
[Tue Jan 16 19:44:45 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "You'd better take care, Adrin, you might hurt yourself"
[Tue Jan 16 19:44:54 2007] : (8) Adrin: *cough*"How generous?"
[Tue Jan 16 19:45:13 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "How generous? And what help can we expect from a certain branch of the government?"
[Tue Jan 16 19:45:24 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan sips his drink and listens for now
[Tue Jan 16 19:46:55 2007] : (9) Lia: After listening intently with a frown on her brow, Lia relaxes somewhat
[Tue Jan 16 19:47:43 2007] : (1) Franseza: She names a large sum of gold.
[Tue Jan 16 19:48:01 2007] : (1) Franseza: "Are you interested in hearing the details?"
[Tue Jan 16 19:48:13 2007] : (8) Adrin: "Go on"
[Tue Jan 16 19:48:30 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Let me order you a drink"
[Tue Jan 16 19:48:31 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan raises an eyebrow at *arbitrary unit*
[Tue Jan 16 19:48:55 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra gestures at the barman
[Tue Jan 16 19:49:22 2007] : (1) Franseza: "We have certain people following various leads in the duchal palace, tracking down pieces of paper and missing money."
[Tue Jan 16 19:49:56 2007] : (1) Franseza: "What we require is a distraction to prevent the so-called assassins guild becoming to interested in their work."
[Tue Jan 16 19:50:19 2007] : (1) Franseza: "We'd prefer it if our clerks didn't die before they've tracked down the evidence."
[Tue Jan 16 19:50:21 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "You want us to be decoys?"
[Tue Jan 16 19:51:04 2007] : (1) Franseza: "Yes, a diversionary investigation."
[Tue Jan 16 19:51:16 2007] : (9) Lia: "investigation?"
[Tue Jan 16 19:51:24 2007] : (4) Dan: "Decoys to the assassins guild?"
[Tue Jan 16 19:51:47 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Also known as *playing sitting ducks*"
[Tue Jan 16 19:52:15 2007] : (4) Dan: "So you don't mind us dying before the investigation is completed. Forgive me, but I do."
[Tue Jan 16 19:52:24 2007] : (1) Franseza: "We wouldn't have contacted you if all we needed were targets."
[Tue Jan 16 19:52:38 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Go on"
[Tue Jan 16 19:52:44 2007] : (8) Adrin: "So we get to kill them?"
[Tue Jan 16 19:52:55 2007] : (1) Franseza: "You need to stay alive and on their heels until our investigation is complete."
[Tue Jan 16 19:53:08 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra leans back, she is prepared to let Franseza speak her mind
[Tue Jan 16 19:54:03 2007] : (1) Franseza: "You will be free to conduct your dummy investigation however you choose, provided it put sufficient pressure on the guild."
[Tue Jan 16 19:54:51 2007] : (9) Lia: "Is there any "crime" you can provide us with. So that we have a place to start?"
[Tue Jan 16 19:55:28 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "What happens if we *accidentally* stumble upon the truth of the matter?"
[Tue Jan 16 19:56:04 2007] : (1) Franseza: "Then you should send the information to us. Though I think it unlikely as the assassins are careful about that."
[Tue Jan 16 19:56:58 2007] : (1) Franseza: "As a lead there's the recent suspicious death of a merchant to start with. Though you can start with the death of the duke and his wife if you think it best."
[Tue Jan 16 19:56:59 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Of course"
[Tue Jan 16 19:57:25 2007] : (1) Franseza: "Probably best to keep distant from the palace initially."
[Tue Jan 16 19:57:36 2007] : (4) Dan: "Why does the merchant's death apply pressure on the guild regarding the Duke's death?"
[Tue Jan 16 19:59:07 2007] : (1) Franseza: "We understand that the guild is not particularly numerous, with one group obviously poking their inquisitive noses into theur affairs they will be forced to focus their efforts in that direction."
[Tue Jan 16 19:59:46 2007] : (4) Dan: "A satisfactory enough answer"
[Tue Jan 16 19:59:53 2007] : (1) Franseza: "Though as I said, if you have a better idea. Feel free."
[Tue Jan 16 19:59:58 2007] : (8) Adrin: "So, we annoy them and they come after us"
[Tue Jan 16 20:00:10 2007] : (1) Franseza: "Exactly."
[Tue Jan 16 20:00:44 2007] : (9) Lia: "What do you know about this guild? What headstart do we have?"
[Tue Jan 16 20:02:16 2007] : (1) Franseza: "They're headquartered on Westharbour though were their hideout is exactly we're not clear on. They may well have several hideouts and safe houses thoughout the town."
[Tue Jan 16 20:03:10 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Would you be interested in the locations?"
[Tue Jan 16 20:03:16 2007] : (1) Franseza: "What other information would you require?"
[Tue Jan 16 20:03:39 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan tries to hide his shock
[Tue Jan 16 20:03:39 2007] : (1) Franseza: "The locations of any of their lairs would be useful."
[Tue Jan 16 20:03:44 2007] : (9) Lia: "Names, their known stregths, their weaknesses"
[Tue Jan 16 20:03:54 2007] : (4) Dan: "Do we need to head back to Westharbour?"
[Tue Jan 16 20:04:44 2007] : (1) Franseza: "We know no names, nor so we know their exact strength though we believe their numbers are in the tens not hundreds."
[Tue Jan 16 20:05:32 2007] : (1) Franseza: "One thing that may interest you is there is a certain amount of animosity between the thieves' guild and the assasins."
[Tue Jan 16 20:05:53 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Aren't they the same guild?"
[Tue Jan 16 20:06:44 2007] : (1) Franseza: "no."
[Tue Jan 16 20:06:59 2007] : (9) Lia: "Can we count on the thieves guild to help us?"
[Tue Jan 16 20:07:08 2007] : (9) Lia: "What are our ressources to start with?"
[Tue Jan 16 20:07:16 2007] : (1) Franseza: "I wouldn't go that far."
[Tue Jan 16 20:07:16 2007] : (4) Dan: "I guess that depends if we can persuade them Lia"
[Tue Jan 16 20:07:47 2007] : (1) Franseza: "Do you require any additional resource beyond the equipment you have already?"
[Tue Jan 16 20:08:07 2007] : (8) Adrin: "Well, there is one ... issue"
[Tue Jan 16 20:08:33 2007] : (9) Lia: "One good thing would be a safe harbour, in case things go very wrong. And the name of someone who could tell us a little more about that merchant's death"
[Tue Jan 16 20:09:04 2007] : (9) Lia: "And Adrin's issue" Lia grins
[Tue Jan 16 20:09:25 2007] : (4) Dan: "Some healing potions never go amiss"
[Tue Jan 16 20:09:39 2007] : (8) Adrin: "We came through Westharbour before and may not be exactly popular now"
[Tue Jan 16 20:09:51 2007] : (1) Franseza: "You shall have accomodation at an inn run by an associate of ours."
[Tue Jan 16 20:09:54 2007] : (9) Lia: Lia grins even more
[Tue Jan 16 20:10:10 2007] : (9) Lia: (at hearing Adrin's sentence)
[Tue Jan 16 20:10:40 2007] : (1) Franseza: "Ah yes, that issue..."
[Tue Jan 16 20:10:58 2007] : (8) Adrin: "Oh, You know about it then?"
[Tue Jan 16 20:11:30 2007] : (4) Dan: "In that case I'm sure you know that we were framed by a vagabond called Jack into bringing contraband into the town"
[Tue Jan 16 20:11:58 2007] : (1) Franseza: "I think you will find the watch to busy with other matters and anyway, their records on you have been altetered."
[Tue Jan 16 20:12:14 2007] : (8) Adrin: "Jack.... shoulda let me kill him"
[Tue Jan 16 20:12:24 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc woot!
[Tue Jan 16 20:12:28 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "It's nice to have friends in high places"
[Tue Jan 16 20:12:36 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc get out of jail free card"
[Tue Jan 16 20:12:39 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Jan 16 20:12:50 2007] : (1) Franseza: "Already you see the benefits of working for us."
[Tue Jan 16 20:13:15 2007] : (9) Lia: "That was my next point actually. Probably a personal one"
[Tue Jan 16 20:13:22 2007] : (4) Dan: "Indeed, you have taken a great burden from my mind"
[Tue Jan 16 20:13:29 2007] : (9) Lia: "I am not interested in gold all that much"
[Tue Jan 16 20:13:39 2007] : (9) Lia: "BUt I want to make sure we are working for the right people"
[Tue Jan 16 20:14:08 2007] : (4) Dan: "I do not like to be a wanted man. And to be one unjustly was a great anguish to me"
[Tue Jan 16 20:14:16 2007] : (9) Lia: "Your power seems important, you can twist arms and destroy records"
[Tue Jan 16 20:14:23 2007] : (1) Franseza: "What assurance are you looking for, Lia?"
[Tue Jan 16 20:14:35 2007] : (9) Lia: "Can we delay our answer till morning?"
[Tue Jan 16 20:14:56 2007] : (9) Lia: "If my friends are agreed, of course"
[Tue Jan 16 20:15:03 2007] : (9) Lia: "If they want to say yes, I will follow them"
[Tue Jan 16 20:15:13 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Could you give us some privacy to talk this over, please, Franseza?"
[Tue Jan 16 20:15:23 2007] : (1) Franseza: "You may wait until morning, I will contact you again then."
[Tue Jan 16 20:15:41 2007] : (9) Lia: "Thank you."
[Tue Jan 16 20:15:47 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan nods at Franseza
[Tue Jan 16 20:16:11 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Goodnight, Franseza, see you in the morning"
[Tue Jan 16 20:16:25 2007] : (1) Franseza: "Tomorrow then."
[Tue Jan 16 20:16:36 2007] : (1) Franseza: She stands up and leaves.
[Tue Jan 16 20:16:57 2007] : (9) Lia: Lia watches her leave
[Tue Jan 16 20:17:29 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Right, so they see up as decoys, not too smart but useful"
[Tue Jan 16 20:17:35 2007] : (9) Lia: "I believe her actually. And I trust her."
[Tue Jan 16 20:17:51 2007] : (9) Lia: "call that a gut feeling"
[Tue Jan 16 20:17:52 2007] : (4) Dan: "If it frees us of our criminal record, I'm all for it"
[Tue Jan 16 20:18:21 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc back
[Tue Jan 16 20:18:25 2007] : (9) Lia: "let's sleep over it and give each our decision tomorrow morning?""
[Tue Jan 16 20:18:47 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "It's not that i don't believe her, her story makes sense. But we'd better be realistic"
[Tue Jan 16 20:19:00 2007] : (9) Lia: "well, it is going to be no game"
[Tue Jan 16 20:19:14 2007] : (9) Lia: "Here is how I see it"
[Tue Jan 16 20:19:36 2007] : (9) Lia: "I would like us to be put in charge of this merchant's death officially"
[Tue Jan 16 20:19:57 2007] : (9) Lia: "something along the lines of "we're too busy with other things, can you help us there?"
[Tue Jan 16 20:20:13 2007] : (4) Dan: "You want he to deputise us?"
[Tue Jan 16 20:20:13 2007] : (9) Lia: "this will legitimate our questions and investigation"
[Tue Jan 16 20:20:40 2007] : (9) Lia: "well, why would we investigate this merchant's death otherwise?"
[Tue Jan 16 20:20:41 2007] : (8) Adrin: "I thought we'd just stick our noses in and see what happened"
[Tue Jan 16 20:20:56 2007] : (9) Lia: "or maybe have someone in the merchant's family asking us to help"
[Tue Jan 16 20:21:16 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "That's how we usually work" Aliatra grins
[Tue Jan 16 20:21:47 2007] : (4) Dan: "A right to be wronged, a gold piece to be earned and all that"
[Tue Jan 16 20:22:16 2007] : (9) Lia: "oh well, i'll follow your lead"
[Tue Jan 16 20:22:28 2007] : (4) Dan: "One usually leads to the other, and it's often a good exercise in frightful and dangerous adventure, it's what I came to these lands for"
[Tue Jan 16 20:22:48 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan shrugs.
[Tue Jan 16 20:23:00 2007] : (4) Dan: "I'm already decided"
[Tue Jan 16 20:23:03 2007] : (8) Adrin: "Well, If she's paying all that gold, I'm in"
[Tue Jan 16 20:23:16 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "It would be a laugh though if we manage to solve this"
[Tue Jan 16 20:24:21 2007] : (9) Lia: "I'll give my answer in the morning"
[Tue Jan 16 20:24:30 2007] : (9) Lia: "Letus drink some more and rest"
[Tue Jan 16 20:25:46 2007] : (4) Dan: "I am done with drink. I must attempt to study. Goodnight all."
[Tue Jan 16 20:26:14 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "I'll be off as well, I don't need any more drink or thinking"
[Tue Jan 16 20:26:19 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Goodnight"
[Tue Jan 16 20:26:39 2007] : (8) Adrin: *sigh* "Just you and me then Lia"
[Tue Jan 16 20:26:56 2007] : (9) Lia: Lia stays a bit and talks to commoners, trying to know more about the Duke, whether he was liked etc.
[Tue Jan 16 20:27:00 2007] : (9) Lia: Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20+0] -> [10,0] = (10)
[Tue Jan 16 20:27:09 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc oh well :)
[Tue Jan 16 20:27:36 2007] : (1) DM: Not many people in this city of really familar with the duke of Westharbour.
[Tue Jan 16 20:30:13 2007] : (8) Adrin: Adrin has a few more drinks and then heads to bed
[Tue Jan 16 20:30:32 2007] : (9) Lia: Lia heads to bed
[Tue Jan 16 20:33:08 2007] : (1) DM: The next day...
[Tue Jan 16 20:33:34 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan returns downstairs with a grim look on his face
[Tue Jan 16 20:33:38 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra wakes up, prays, trains and eats
[Tue Jan 16 20:34:11 2007] : (8) Adrin: Adrin does the normal morning stuff
[Tue Jan 16 20:34:32 2007] : (9) Lia: Lia gets up, happy as a bird
[Tue Jan 16 20:34:37 2007] : (4) Dan: "I think we should take the job, but I am not yet ready to go"
[Tue Jan 16 20:34:37 2007] : (9) Lia: "What's wrong Dan?"
[Tue Jan 16 20:34:48 2007] : (9) Lia: "Why not?"
[Tue Jan 16 20:35:07 2007] : (4) Dan: "I need to do some studying. My skills have increased, but I have not had time to match that with study"
[Tue Jan 16 20:35:45 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Could you not do that on our way to Westharbour?"
[Tue Jan 16 20:35:53 2007] : (8) Adrin: "Dont you do that every morning?"
[Tue Jan 16 20:35:58 2007] : (4) Dan: "I need about 5 to 7 days of total rest"
[Tue Jan 16 20:36:12 2007] : (4) Dan: "I can't study while we travel"
[Tue Jan 16 20:36:21 2007] : (1) DM: ooc lazy!
[Tue Jan 16 20:36:45 2007] : (8) Adrin: "Any wonder you've no muscles!"
[Tue Jan 16 20:37:03 2007] : (9) Lia: "Well, I wouldn't mind some time hre too"
[Tue Jan 16 20:37:15 2007] : (9) Lia: "I could finally brew some potions"
[Tue Jan 16 20:37:25 2007] : (9) Lia: "That would save us some money"
[Tue Jan 16 20:37:29 2007] : (4) Dan: "Writing spells to my spellbook is a delicate task. Any disturbance and I will lose not only the spell, but also the money invested in the inks, and that is not inconsiderable"
[Tue Jan 16 20:38:10 2007] : (9) Lia: "And I believe it would be good if we take time to devise a real plan"
[Tue Jan 16 20:38:23 2007] : (9) Lia: "BY the way, I'm in, in case that wasn't clear"
[Tue Jan 16 20:39:05 2007] : (1) DM: ooc brb
[Tue Jan 16 20:39:23 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Them thinking us a bit dim ticks me off, I'm in just for that. And for the money. And to solve this. And to get rid of our criminal records"
[Tue Jan 16 20:39:45 2007] : (4) Dan: "So is everybody in? I just hope she finds my terms acceptable"
[Tue Jan 16 20:40:14 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "If she doesn't we're all out"
[Tue Jan 16 20:40:36 2007] : (8) Adrin: "As I said, if she's paying that much, I'm in"
[Tue Jan 16 20:41:01 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Funny her mentioning the carrot but not the stick: if you're good little boys and girls you're not wanted anymore, but if you're bad ..."
[Tue Jan 16 20:41:04 2007] : (4) Dan: "So you guys don't mind the delay?"
[Tue Jan 16 20:41:10 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc we better not be working for 2gp and a free elephant!
[Tue Jan 16 20:41:30 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "I'd rather leave today, but if you need the time you'd better take it"
[Tue Jan 16 20:41:48 2007] : (1) DM: ooc two free hippos good enough?
[Tue Jan 16 20:42:26 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Shudder
[Tue Jan 16 20:42:51 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc 2 hippos and a flamingo
[Tue Jan 16 20:42:56 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Those aninals are vicious, crocodiles are afraid of them
[Tue Jan 16 20:43:28 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc OK, I think I needed 6 days to scribe my spells - so I'm happy to zoom to 6 days later if everyone else is
[Tue Jan 16 20:43:30 2007] : (1) DM: ooc you drive a hard bargin.
[Tue Jan 16 20:43:58 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc yeah
[Tue Jan 16 20:44:05 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Throw in a beer and you're on
[Tue Jan 16 20:44:16 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc fine with me
[Tue Jan 16 20:44:35 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc I'm ok with the bargain. 4 days brewing potions and 2 days doing other stuff
[Tue Jan 16 20:44:48 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc consider me much poorer ;)
[Tue Jan 16 20:45:26 2007] : (1) DM: Ok. Franseza gives you the name of the merchant (Rudyard Moe) and provides a suitable cover story (you've been employed by a merchant's consortium in Southtown to investigate the death).
[Tue Jan 16 20:46:02 2007] : (1) DM: 6 days later you're packing your equipment for the two day journey to Westharbour.
[Tue Jan 16 20:46:22 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "All done, Dan?"
[Tue Jan 16 20:46:29 2007] : (1) DM: ooc what did you do for 6 days, btw?
[Tue Jan 16 20:46:58 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc Can I get a security job or something?
[Tue Jan 16 20:47:03 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc scribed spells
[Tue Jan 16 20:47:34 2007] : (1) DM: ooc I presume you've seen that OotS strip where V is scribing spells?
[Tue Jan 16 20:47:47 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc noooo, is that the last one?
[Tue Jan 16 20:47:58 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc btw, I caught up and read it all :)
[Tue Jan 16 20:48:02 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Not by a long shot
[Tue Jan 16 20:48:12 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc loved #400 :D
[Tue Jan 16 20:48:19 2007] : (1) DM: ooc Number 306.
[Tue Jan 16 20:48:23 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc I can't remember it to be honest
[Tue Jan 16 20:48:42 2007] : (1) DM: ooc 306
[Tue Jan 16 20:48:47 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc you know them by number?!?
[Tue Jan 16 20:48:54 2007] : (1) DM: ooc I looked it up.
[Tue Jan 16 20:49:02 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc ah yeah, made me laugh
[Tue Jan 16 20:49:05 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 16 20:49:21 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Jan 16 20:50:19 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc now I remember lol
[Tue Jan 16 20:51:13 2007] : (1) DM: The weather is grey and drizzily. Not the best weather for travelling.
[Tue Jan 16 20:51:27 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc that should be 700gp, not 350 :P I bloody know!
[Tue Jan 16 20:51:51 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc 700gp per spell???
[Tue Jan 16 20:52:13 2007] : (1) DM: ooc 100 per level?
[Tue Jan 16 20:52:23 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc ah
[Tue Jan 16 20:54:28 2007] : (1) DM: ooc 50 gp per level seems more reasonable to me.
[Tue Jan 16 20:55:20 2007] : (1) DM: ooc 5 copper pieces seems even more reasonable...
[Tue Jan 16 20:55:30 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Jan 16 20:55:34 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc *shrug* rules is rules - I get the spellbooks that we find, they usually cover my new spells
[Tue Jan 16 20:55:43 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc especially when its ONE WORD!!
[Tue Jan 16 20:55:57 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 16 20:57:34 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc I need a spell lisssst. Stoopid pcgen won't print for me :(
[Tue Jan 16 20:58:23 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc you need a new keyboard too
[Tue Jan 16 20:59:23 2007] : (4) Dan: "Right, shall we head back to Westharbour?"
[Tue Jan 16 20:59:33 2007] : (9) Lia: "I guess we should, yes"
[Tue Jan 16 20:59:42 2007] : (8) Adrin: "Lets go"
[Tue Jan 16 21:00:35 2007] : (4) Dan: "So do we hire horses?"
[Tue Jan 16 21:00:53 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "We might as well"
[Tue Jan 16 21:01:21 2007] : (4) Dan: "We hopefully still have our own horses there"
[Tue Jan 16 21:01:28 2007] : (8) Adrin: "We should've got transport included in the deal"
[Tue Jan 16 21:01:40 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc can we hire horses, or do we need to buy them?"
[Tue Jan 16 21:01:57 2007] : (1) DM: ooc you can hire them
[Tue Jan 16 21:01:59 2007] : (9) Lia: "Yes, let's hire them"
[Tue Jan 16 21:02:04 2007] : (9) Lia: "and just go"
[Tue Jan 16 21:03:01 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc how much for a light horse?
[Tue Jan 16 21:03:32 2007] : (1) DM: ooc 1/20 of the cost per day.
[Tue Jan 16 21:03:51 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc what's the land like between here and Westharbour? /me has not memory
[Tue Jan 16 21:03:58 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc oh wait, we sailed!
[Tue Jan 16 21:04:45 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc we only sailed a bit down the coast, then headed inland
[Tue Jan 16 21:04:53 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc true
[Tue Jan 16 21:05:21 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc is there a dropoff point at the other end?
[Tue Jan 16 21:05:33 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc like Hertz? ;)
[Tue Jan 16 21:05:35 2007] : (1) DM: ooc yes
[Tue Jan 16 21:06:17 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan hires a light horse and gets a receipt with the hire date on it to present at the other end
[Tue Jan 16 21:06:49 2007] : (9) Lia: Lia does the same
[Tue Jan 16 21:07:00 2007] : (8) Adrin: Adrin copies what the smart guy does
[Tue Jan 16 21:07:42 2007] : (1) DM: ooc what sort of environment is a temperate desert?
[Tue Jan 16 21:08:09 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Aliatra hires herself a horse as well
[Tue Jan 16 21:08:30 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc "Temperate deserts of continental regions have low rainfall and strong temperature contrasts between summer and winter"
[Tue Jan 16 21:08:59 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc the gobi must be temperate
[Tue Jan 16 21:09:05 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc it's a desert, that's temperate
[Tue Jan 16 21:09:09 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc :D
[Tue Jan 16 21:11:29 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc Think North American deserts - all are temperate, i.e not in the tropics
[Tue Jan 16 21:11:56 2007] : (1) DM: Later that day you're heading northwest to Westharbour skirting the edge of the forest.
[Tue Jan 16 21:12:15 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc give me a sec so that I can find a spell list
[Tue Jan 16 21:12:28 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Let's try not to get distracted by any monsters this time"
[Tue Jan 16 21:12:39 2007] : (1) DM: ooc ha!
[Tue Jan 16 21:12:55 2007] : (4) Dan: "As long as it's not houses with arms coming out of the walls!"
[Tue Jan 16 21:13:48 2007] : (8) Adrin: "That was creepy"
[Tue Jan 16 21:14:35 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Not as creapy as that dagger"
[Tue Jan 16 21:14:38 2007] : (1) DM: Spot checks.
[Tue Jan 16 21:14:47 2007] : (4) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
[Tue Jan 16 21:14:48 2007] : (8) Adrin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
[Tue Jan 16 21:15:06 2007] : (8) Adrin: Adrin is distracted by the thought of the dagger
[Tue Jan 16 21:15:22 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [11,2] = (13)
[Tue Jan 16 21:15:34 2007] : (9) Lia: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [19,5] = (24)
[Tue Jan 16 21:16:41 2007] : (9) Lia: "Can you see those?"
[Tue Jan 16 21:16:48 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan shudders at the thought of the house and closes his eyes
[Tue Jan 16 21:16:53 2007] : (9) Lia: Lia points in the sky at two dots
[Tue Jan 16 21:17:02 2007] : (9) Lia: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+12] -> [14,12] = (26)
[Tue Jan 16 21:17:09 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan opens his eyes and looks where Lia is pointing
[Tue Jan 16 21:17:18 2007] : (9) Lia: Lia studies their flight to se if she recognizes them
[Tue Jan 16 21:17:35 2007] : (8) Adrin: Adrin looks up "where?"
[Tue Jan 16 21:17:56 2007] : (8) Adrin: "Birds?"
[Tue Jan 16 21:18:11 2007] : (9) Lia: "Ugh. Vultures"
[Tue Jan 16 21:18:24 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Jan 16 21:18:25 2007] : (9) Lia: "There must be some dead thing below them"
[Tue Jan 16 21:18:28 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
[Tue Jan 16 21:18:41 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Is it on our way?"
[Tue Jan 16 21:18:57 2007] : (8) Adrin: "Lets go see"
[Tue Jan 16 21:19:31 2007] : (4) Dan: "Why? Surely vultures are found in the sky anyway, they don't just appear when something is dead do they?"
[Tue Jan 16 21:20:05 2007] : (9) Lia: "They don't circle when they're just "flying"
[Tue Jan 16 21:20:18 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "So something died. Isn't that nature's qay?"
[Tue Jan 16 21:20:20 2007] : (5) Aliatra: way
[Tue Jan 16 21:20:36 2007] : (8) Adrin: "So, lets go see what it is... was"
[Tue Jan 16 21:20:36 2007] : (4) Dan: "Oh, OK"
[Tue Jan 16 21:20:39 2007] : (9) Lia: "Look at them, they're staying there and going in a circle"
[Tue Jan 16 21:21:14 2007] : (4) Dan: "Surely the fact that they haven't landed yet must mean something too?"
[Tue Jan 16 21:21:39 2007] : (9) Lia: "Yes, it could mean that a battle is going on and someone is wounded"
[Tue Jan 16 21:21:50 2007] : (8) Adrin: "Well if we keep talking, it WILL be dead"
[Tue Jan 16 21:21:52 2007] : (9) Lia: "Or that some other scavenger is on their prey and they're waiting for it to go"
[Tue Jan 16 21:21:57 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Maybe there are too many eating and there isn't any more room or something'"
[Tue Jan 16 21:22:05 2007] : (9) Lia: s/someone/something
[Tue Jan 16 21:22:55 2007] : (4) Dan: "So let's go look"
[Tue Jan 16 21:23:05 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Let's just not wast more time than necessary. A quick look-see and we're off again"
[Tue Jan 16 21:24:01 2007] : (8) Adrin: Adrin gees his horse in the direction of the 'thing'
[Tue Jan 16 21:24:07 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra gives her horse the spurs
[Tue Jan 16 21:24:29 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan follows after the others
[Tue Jan 16 21:24:55 2007] : (9) Lia: Lia follows
[Tue Jan 16 21:25:15 2007] : (1) DM: When you get closer you see that it's a huge dead creature. Its hide has been mostly removed but form what remains you see that it was green and scaly. The dead creature also has large wings and a long neck and tail.
[Tue Jan 16 21:25:54 2007] : (8) Adrin: "Are we agreed that its dead then?"
[Tue Jan 16 21:26:03 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "It is daed. Let's move on"
[Tue Jan 16 21:26:04 2007] : (1) DM: Snapping angrily at swooping vultures is a smaller version of the creature (about 9ft long from head to tail with a 9 ft wingspan).
[Tue Jan 16 21:26:16 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Scrap that
[Tue Jan 16 21:26:26 2007] : (1) DM: It turns its gaze at you and trumpets something in draconic.
[Tue Jan 16 21:26:30 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Kill it, save it or ride on?"
[Tue Jan 16 21:26:34 2007] : (1) DM: ooc anyone speak draconic?
[Tue Jan 16 21:26:40 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc yes
[Tue Jan 16 21:26:47 2007] : (1) DM: ooc anyone else?
[Tue Jan 16 21:27:28 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc nope
[Tue Jan 16 21:27:39 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc I'll translate for the others, no need to whisper it
[Tue Jan 16 21:27:44 2007] : (1) DM: Roll initiative.
[Tue Jan 16 21:27:52 2007] : (9) Lia: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [13,3] = (16)
[Tue Jan 16 21:27:53 2007] : (4) Dan: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [18,4] = (22)
[Tue Jan 16 21:27:56 2007] : (8) Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [12,3] = (15)
[Tue Jan 16 21:27:56 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] -> [17,7] = (24)
[Tue Jan 16 21:29:27 2007] : (4) Dan: "He said More adventurers, Die murdering scum"
[Tue Jan 16 21:29:41 2007] : (9) Lia: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+12] -> [18,12] = (30)
[Tue Jan 16 21:29:46 2007] : (1) DM: [1d20+0] -> [11,0] = (11)
[Tue Jan 16 21:29:59 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc I'm trying to see if I know this thing. Nature? or something else
[Tue Jan 16 21:30:02 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "We're not the ones to die today"
[Tue Jan 16 21:31:01 2007] : (8) Adrin: "That sounded like a challenge"
[Tue Jan 16 21:31:16 2007] : (4) Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+13] -> [8,13] = (21)
[Tue Jan 16 21:31:23 2007] : (4) Dan: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [6,10] = (16)
[Tue Jan 16 21:31:31 2007] : (9) Lia: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [20,3] = (23)
[Tue Jan 16 21:31:34 2007] : (9) Lia: Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Jan 16 21:31:38 2007] : (9) Lia: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
[Tue Jan 16 21:31:39 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Jan 16 21:31:44 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
[Tue Jan 16 21:31:49 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
[Tue Jan 16 21:31:55 2007] : (8) Adrin: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [9,4] = (13)
[Tue Jan 16 21:31:56 2007] : (8) Adrin: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18)
[Tue Jan 16 21:32:18 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "So how do you slay a dragon when you're not a prince on a mighty steed?"
[Tue Jan 16 21:33:04 2007] : (1) DM: The dragon has a toothy, curving jaw line and a row of hornlets over its eyes. There are a cluster of hornlets at the chin. A crest begins just behind the eyes and runs the length of the body, rising to full height just behind the skull. The odor of chlorine clings to the dragon, whose scales radiate with a glowing emerald shine.
[Tue Jan 16 21:33:15 2007] : (4) Dan: "I don't rightly know. Same way we kill everyting else I guess"
[Tue Jan 16 21:33:22 2007] : (1) DM: It's a green dragon.
[Tue Jan 16 21:33:30 2007] : (1) DM: They have a acid attack.
[Tue Jan 16 21:33:35 2007] : (9) Lia: "Why would we kill it?"
[Tue Jan 16 21:33:43 2007] : (9) Lia: "It's a baby"
[Tue Jan 16 21:33:55 2007] : (1) DM: It's 100 ft away and looking like it's going to attack.
[Tue Jan 16 21:33:56 2007] : (4) Dan: "Green dragons are inherently evil"
[Tue Jan 16 21:34:03 2007] : (8) Adrin: "It threatened us first"
[Tue Jan 16 21:34:03 2007] : (1) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Tue Jan 16 21:34:09 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Because it wants to kill us and is dangerous to others as well"
[Tue Jan 16 21:34:18 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite, MW (base): [1d20+8] -> [3,8] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
[Tue Jan 16 21:34:20 2007] : (4) Dan: "Allow it to grow up and people throughout the region will suffer"
[Tue Jan 16 21:34:23 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jan 16 21:34:59 2007] : (1) DM: Miss.
[Tue Jan 16 21:35:02 2007] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Tue Jan 16 21:35:27 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan dismounts then begins casting a summon spell
[Tue Jan 16 21:35:29 2007] : (4) Dan: Done
[Tue Jan 16 21:35:54 2007] : (1) DM: Lia?
[Tue Jan 16 21:36:36 2007] : (9) Lia: LIa seems to be hesitating but ends up casting a spell, chanting and pointing to the sky
[Tue Jan 16 21:36:43 2007] : (9) Lia: Casts...: Barkskin +3 natural armour (10mn/lvl)
[Tue Jan 16 21:37:34 2007] : (9) Lia: done
[Tue Jan 16 21:37:42 2007] : (1) DM: ooc anyone moving out of the "please, breath-weapon me" sized group?
[Tue Jan 16 21:37:57 2007] : (1) DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Tue Jan 16 21:37:58 2007] : (8) Adrin: Dismount and move to the side
[Tue Jan 16 21:38:19 2007] : (1) DM: k.
[Tue Jan 16 21:38:23 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc had already typed that, btw
[Tue Jan 16 21:39:26 2007] : (8) Adrin: done
[Tue Jan 16 21:40:01 2007] : (1) Green dragon: The dragon launches itself into the air and flys rapidly towards you until it is 20 ft away.
[Tue Jan 16 21:41:01 2007] : (1) Green dragon: It takes a breath and blasts and cone of green gas with an strong odor of chlorine.
[Tue Jan 16 21:41:14 2007] : (1) Green dragon: Ali, Dan and Lia, reflex saves.
[Tue Jan 16 21:41:22 2007] : (4) Dan: Reflex save: [1d20+8] -> [18,8] = (26)
[Tue Jan 16 21:41:23 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Reflex save: [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
[Tue Jan 16 21:41:27 2007] : (9) Lia: Reflex save: [1d20+4] -> [19,4] = (23)
[Tue Jan 16 21:41:33 2007] : (8) Adrin: oco nice
[Tue Jan 16 21:41:35 2007] : (1) Green dragon: [1d4] -> [4] = (4)
[Tue Jan 16 21:41:50 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc like bBig trouble in Little China around here ;)
[Tue Jan 16 21:41:52 2007] : (1) Green dragon: [6d6] -> [5,6,5,3,3,5] = (27)
[Tue Jan 16 21:42:11 2007] : (1) Green dragon: Take 13 damage from the acidic gas as it burns your exposed flesh.
[Tue Jan 16 21:42:59 2007] : (1) Green dragon: Ali, your turn.
[Tue Jan 16 21:43:13 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc WHo got that damage?
[Tue Jan 16 21:43:27 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Moving and shooting again
[Tue Jan 16 21:43:33 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite, MW (base): [1d20+8] -> [2,8] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [8,3] = (11)
[Tue Jan 16 21:43:36 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jan 16 21:43:49 2007] : (1) Green dragon: Miss.
[Tue Jan 16 21:43:54 2007] : (1) Green dragon: Dan?
[Tue Jan 16 21:43:54 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc how high up is it?
[Tue Jan 16 21:44:06 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc is it a large creature DM? If so can you increase it's size on the map please?
[Tue Jan 16 21:44:08 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc we all got the damage?
[Tue Jan 16 21:44:09 2007] : (1) DM: It's 10 ft up at the moment
[Tue Jan 16 21:44:17 2007] : (4) Dan: Concetration Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [4,9] = (13)
[Tue Jan 16 21:44:20 2007] : (1) DM: ooc except Adrin.
[Tue Jan 16 21:44:25 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc :D
[Tue Jan 16 21:44:33 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan's spell fizzles
[Tue Jan 16 21:44:53 2007] : (4) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Glitterdust (level 2): Blinds those it lands on and outlines invisible creatures - 10 ft radius, 130ft range. (Will save DC 18 to negate blindness; duration - 1 round/level))
[Tue Jan 16 21:45:19 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan then pulls a readied potion and drinks it
[Tue Jan 16 21:45:20 2007] : (1) DM: [1d20+8] -> [4,8] = (12)
[Tue Jan 16 21:45:30 2007] : (4) Dan: [1d8+1] -> [7,1] = (8)
[Tue Jan 16 21:45:44 2007] : (4) Dan: Done
[Tue Jan 16 21:45:50 2007] : (1) DM: ooc 5 rounds?
[Tue Jan 16 21:46:27 2007] : (1) DM: Lia?
[Tue Jan 16 21:46:32 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc yes
[Tue Jan 16 21:46:45 2007] : (9) Lia: Lia dismounts and moves back. Casts a spell on herself
[Tue Jan 16 21:47:09 2007] : (9) Lia: Casts...: Cure light wounds: curing [1d8+5] -> [4,5] = (9) HP
[Tue Jan 16 21:47:16 2007] : (9) Lia: done.
[Tue Jan 16 21:47:48 2007] : (4) Dan: [1d20+4] -> [9,4] = (13)
[Tue Jan 16 21:48:07 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan's horse dies from the gas attack
[Tue Jan 16 21:48:24 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc forget about the horses!
[Tue Jan 16 21:48:59 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc should've slapped them on the flank. It works in the movies
[Tue Jan 16 21:49:10 2007] : (1) DM: ooc anyone know what the wingover feat does?
[Tue Jan 16 21:49:19 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Nope
[Tue Jan 16 21:49:47 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc A flying creature with this feat can change direction quickly once each round as a free action
[Tue Jan 16 21:49:47 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc can change direction quickly each round
[Tue Jan 16 21:50:15 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc This feat allows it to turn up to 180 degrees regardless of its maneuverability, in addition to any other turns it is normally allowed. A creature cannot gain altitude during a round when it executes a wingover, but it can dive.
[Tue Jan 16 21:50:34 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc The change of direction consumes 10 feet of flying movement.
[Tue Jan 16 21:50:50 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc if we're going to play with the horses, mine should have probably died as well, and I would have gotten up rather than dismounted
[Tue Jan 16 21:51:12 2007] : (1) DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jan 16 21:51:52 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc well, they're there Del, you can't ignore them IMO
[Tue Jan 16 21:51:59 2007] : (8) Adrin: if its 10' up I can reach it with my sword, so... Rage and charge at it, jumping up a little to swipe as I pass under it
[Tue Jan 16 21:52:14 2007] : (1) DM: k
[Tue Jan 16 21:52:18 2007] : (8) Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+11] -> [12,11] = (23) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] -> [2,4,7] = (13)
[Tue Jan 16 21:52:19 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc reflex save is +4
[Tue Jan 16 21:52:32 2007] : (8) Adrin: +2 to hit for charge
[Tue Jan 16 21:52:36 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc I agree Craig, hence my mentionning it :)
[Tue Jan 16 21:52:37 2007] : (1) DM: Hit.
[Tue Jan 16 21:52:46 2007] : (1) DM: You score a cut in its belly.
[Tue Jan 16 21:53:13 2007] : (8) Adrin: would I carry on past it a little?
[Tue Jan 16 21:53:25 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Probably
[Tue Jan 16 21:53:33 2007] : (8) Adrin: ok
[Tue Jan 16 21:53:34 2007] : (8) Adrin: done
[Tue Jan 16 21:53:57 2007] : (1) Green dragon: The dragon flys on and dives at Dan and rakes him with a claw before banking to the right and flying onwards.
[Tue Jan 16 21:54:06 2007] : (1) Green dragon: [1d20+14] -> [11,14] = (25)
[Tue Jan 16 21:54:07 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc it's blinded
[Tue Jan 16 21:54:31 2007] : (1) Green dragon: [1d100] -> [15] = (15)
[Tue Jan 16 21:54:36 2007] : (1) Green dragon: Dragons have scent.
[Tue Jan 16 21:54:39 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc granted I'm still in a straight line from it
[Tue Jan 16 21:55:05 2007] : (1) Green dragon: ooc they also have blindsense.
[Tue Jan 16 21:55:07 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc scent is a move action
[Tue Jan 16 21:56:05 2007] : (1) Green dragon: blindsense is like super scent instead of scent.
[Tue Jan 16 21:56:13 2007] : (1) Green dragon: It missed, though.
[Tue Jan 16 21:56:16 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc dragons are a pain!
[Tue Jan 16 21:56:33 2007] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jan 16 21:56:33 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 16 21:56:44 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Shooting at it again
[Tue Jan 16 21:56:46 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite, MW (base): [1d20+8] -> [13,8] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
[Tue Jan 16 21:57:10 2007] : (1) DM: A hit, your arrow lodges inbetween a scale on its upper foreleg.
[Tue Jan 16 21:57:39 2007] : (1) DM: Dan?
[Tue Jan 16 21:58:06 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc just a sec
[Tue Jan 16 21:58:45 2007] : (4) Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray (base): [1d20+6] -> [8,6] = (14) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] -> [5,5,2,1,0] = (13)
[Tue Jan 16 21:58:57 2007] : (1) DM: Hit. Is there a save?
[Tue Jan 16 21:59:08 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc nope
[Tue Jan 16 21:59:26 2007] : (1) DM: The dragon roars in pain as Dan's ray burns it.
[Tue Jan 16 21:59:34 2007] : (1) DM: What's the range of it, btw?
[Tue Jan 16 21:59:45 2007] : (4) Dan: Move away from the dead horse
[Tue Jan 16 21:59:48 2007] : (4) Dan: 35 ft
[Tue Jan 16 21:59:53 2007] : (1) DM: k.
[Tue Jan 16 21:59:57 2007] : (1) DM: Lia, your turn.
[Tue Jan 16 22:00:00 2007] : (9) Lia: Lia starts chanting and casting a summon spell
[Tue Jan 16 22:00:15 2007] : (9) Lia: done.
[Tue Jan 16 22:00:22 2007] : (1) DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jan 16 22:00:43 2007] : (8) Adrin: can I charge it again?
[Tue Jan 16 22:01:00 2007] : (1) DM: Yup.
[Tue Jan 16 22:01:10 2007] : (8) Adrin: ok, same again
[Tue Jan 16 22:01:13 2007] : (8) Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+11] -> [11,11] = (22) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] -> [1,6,7] = (14)
[Tue Jan 16 22:01:18 2007] : (1) DM: Hit.
[Tue Jan 16 22:02:17 2007] : (1) Green dragon: The dragon lands and turns towards Adrin, savaging him with teeth and claw.
[Tue Jan 16 22:02:30 2007] : (1) Green dragon: [1d20+14] -> [14,14] = (28), [1d20+9] -> [3,9] = (12), [1d20+9] -> [3,9] = (12)
[Tue Jan 16 22:02:45 2007] : (1) Green dragon: [1d100] -> [50] = (50)
[Tue Jan 16 22:02:45 2007] : (8) Adrin: ac=15
[Tue Jan 16 22:03:11 2007] : (1) Green dragon: It bites you for [1d8+2] -> [5,2] = (7) damage.
[Tue Jan 16 22:03:30 2007] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jan 16 22:03:40 2007] : (5) Aliatra: How high is it?
[Tue Jan 16 22:03:50 2007] : (1) DM: It landed on the ground.
[Tue Jan 16 22:03:54 2007] : (8) Adrin: "ow!"
[Tue Jan 16 22:04:14 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Of course, silly me
[Tue Jan 16 22:04:28 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Going in and attacking in
[Tue Jan 16 22:04:41 2007] : (1) DM: What are you doing with your bow?
[Tue Jan 16 22:04:53 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Greatsword +1 (base): [1d20+8] -> [12,8] = (20) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] -> [1,3,7] = (11)
[Tue Jan 16 22:05:15 2007] : (10) Aliatra (enter): 22:05
[Tue Jan 16 22:05:33 2007] : (1) DM: Aliatra, what are you doing with your bow?
[Tue Jan 16 22:05:38 2007] : (10) Aliatra: ooc Was I the only one to get disconnected?
[Tue Jan 16 22:05:44 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc yes
[Tue Jan 16 22:05:51 2007] : (10) Aliatra: ooc Put it away, quick draw
[Tue Jan 16 22:06:04 2007] : (1) DM: k.
[Tue Jan 16 22:06:15 2007] : (1) DM: A hit, a deep cut on its tail.
[Tue Jan 16 22:06:28 2007] : (10) Aliatra: ooc Should have mentioned it, sorry
[Tue Jan 16 22:06:28 2007] : Server Administrator-> Kicking '(5) Aliatra' from server... Removing dead client
[Tue Jan 16 22:06:29 2007] : (5) Aliatra (exit): 22:06
[Tue Jan 16 22:06:32 2007] : (1) DM: Dan?
[Tue Jan 16 22:07:07 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc damn now how can I fireball him??
[Tue Jan 16 22:07:32 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan begins casting a summon spell
[Tue Jan 16 22:07:35 2007] : (4) Dan: Done
[Tue Jan 16 22:07:41 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc summon fireball?
[Tue Jan 16 22:07:49 2007] : (1) DM: Lia, your summon spell completes.
[Tue Jan 16 22:08:07 2007] : (9) Lia: casts Summon Nature's ally II - Dire Bat: Spd 20 ft., fly 40 ft.; AC 20, 30HP, Touch 15, Flat-footed 14; Blindsense, stealthy

[Tue Jan 16 22:08:15 2007] : (9) Lia: Dire Bat attacks: Bite (melee) [1d20+5] -> [8,5] = (13) ==> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
[Tue Jan 16 22:08:25 2007] : (1) DM: Misses.
[Tue Jan 16 22:08:30 2007] : (9) Lia: Starting a new spell. Done.
[Tue Jan 16 22:08:50 2007] : (1) DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jan 16 22:09:00 2007] : (8) Adrin: attack it again
[Tue Jan 16 22:09:02 2007] : (8) Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+11] -> [7,11] = (18) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] -> [6,5,7] = (18)
[Tue Jan 16 22:09:15 2007] : (8) Adrin: flanked?
[Tue Jan 16 22:09:23 2007] : (1) DM: Hit.
[Tue Jan 16 22:09:48 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc where's the bat?
[Tue Jan 16 22:09:51 2007] : (1) DM: The dragon looks badly wounded.
[Tue Jan 16 22:10:34 2007] : (1) DM: The dragon takes off again
[Tue Jan 16 22:10:46 2007] : (1) Green dragon: AoOs from Ali, Adrin and the bat.
[Tue Jan 16 22:10:50 2007] : (8) Adrin: +1 Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+11] -> [1,11] = (12) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] -> [2,4,7] = (13)
[Tue Jan 16 22:10:56 2007] : (1) Green dragon: It flys at ...
[Tue Jan 16 22:10:59 2007] : (1) Green dragon: [1d2] -> [1] = (1)
[Tue Jan 16 22:11:08 2007] : (10) Aliatra: Greatsword +1 (base): [1d20+8] -> [16,8] = (24) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] -> [2,1,7] = (10)
[Tue Jan 16 22:11:19 2007] : (1) Green dragon: Dan and slashes him with a claw as it flys past.
[Tue Jan 16 22:11:25 2007] : (1) Green dragon: [1d20+14] -> [18,14] = (32)
[Tue Jan 16 22:11:30 2007] : (4) Dan: hit
[Tue Jan 16 22:11:34 2007] : (1) Green dragon: [1d100] -> [29] = (29)
[Tue Jan 16 22:11:37 2007] : (1) Green dragon: Misses.
[Tue Jan 16 22:12:10 2007] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jan 16 22:12:57 2007] : (10) Aliatra: Hitting it again
[Tue Jan 16 22:12:59 2007] : (10) Aliatra: Greatsword +1 (base): [1d20+8] -> [18,8] = (26) ===> Damage: [2d6+7] -> [6,1,7] = (14)
[Tue Jan 16 22:13:03 2007] : (10) Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jan 16 22:13:10 2007] : (1) DM: Um. It flew away.
[Tue Jan 16 22:13:27 2007] : (10) Aliatra: oops, I just saw that
[Tue Jan 16 22:13:31 2007] : (10) Aliatra: Going after it
[Tue Jan 16 22:13:44 2007] : (1) DM: It's now 20 ft up in the air.
[Tue Jan 16 22:14:30 2007] : (1) DM: done?
[Tue Jan 16 22:14:37 2007] : (10) Aliatra: Yep
[Tue Jan 16 22:14:41 2007] : (1) DM: Dan?
[Tue Jan 16 22:14:50 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan finishes casting Augmented Summon Monster III - Fiendish Ape (Large magical beast): 40hp; 5 resist on cold and fire; Damage reduction 5/Magic; AC= 14; SR = 9; Darkvision; Scent; Speed 30ft (walk and climb)
[Tue Jan 16 22:15:13 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc it's 10 ft tall and has 10 ft reach ;)
[Tue Jan 16 22:15:20 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc can you summon that onto the dragons back?
[Tue Jan 16 22:15:33 2007] : (1) DM: ooc No.
[Tue Jan 16 22:15:39 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc :(
[Tue Jan 16 22:15:43 2007] : (4) Dan: Augmented Fiendish Ape: Fiendish Ape full attack (treat as magical)
Claws
[1d20+9] -> [1,9] = (10) ==> Damage: [1d6+7] -> [6,7] = (13)
Claws [1d20+9] -> [12,9] = (21) ==> Damage: [1d6+7] -> [5,7] = (12)
Bite [1d20+4] -> [2,4] = (6) ==> Damage: [1d6+3] -> [6,3] = (9)

[Tue Jan 16 22:15:50 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc ignore the bite
[Tue Jan 16 22:16:22 2007] : (1) DM: One claw hit.
[Tue Jan 16 22:16:31 2007] : (1) DM: Done?
[Tue Jan 16 22:16:38 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc how's it look?
[Tue Jan 16 22:16:47 2007] : (1) DM: It looks near death
[Tue Jan 16 22:16:52 2007] : (4) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 3 Missiles:
1st missile - [1d4+1] -> [2,1] = (3) damage
2nd missile - [1d4+1] -> [1,1] = (2) damage
3rd missile - [1d4+1] -> [1,1] = (2) damage

[Tue Jan 16 22:17:00 2007] : (4) Dan: Done
[Tue Jan 16 22:17:23 2007] : (1) DM: The dragon falls to the ground with a thump. It's dead.
[Tue Jan 16 22:17:39 2007] : (1) DM: ooc didn't even last long enough for a 2nd breath attack :(
[Tue Jan 16 22:17:40 2007] : (8) Adrin: "YES!"
[Tue Jan 16 22:17:44 2007] : (9) Lia: Lia stops in her chanting.
[Tue Jan 16 22:17:50 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc is my spell gone?
[Tue Jan 16 22:17:53 2007] : (1) DM: ooc yes.
[Tue Jan 16 22:17:56 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc yes
[Tue Jan 16 22:17:57 2007] : (10) Aliatra: ooc We shoujl dhave asked how it looked earlier ;)
[Tue Jan 16 22:17:59 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc k.
[Tue Jan 16 22:18:50 2007] : (10) Aliatra: "So that's how you slay a dragon. What was that gas anyway? It hurt"
[Tue Jan 16 22:19:13 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan dismisses the ape
[Tue Jan 16 22:19:20 2007] : (9) Lia: "I'm curious to know who slayed the parent"
[Tue Jan 16 22:19:24 2007] : (4) Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+13] -> [16,13] = (29)
[Tue Jan 16 22:19:27 2007] : (10) Aliatra: Aliatra casts a spell on herself
[Tue Jan 16 22:19:31 2007] : (9) Lia: "the kid was difficult enough"
[Tue Jan 16 22:19:35 2007] : (10) Aliatra: Aliatra Casts: Cure Light Wounds (level 1): Cures (1d8+1 per levels, max 5) damage ==> [1d8+1] -> [7,1] = (8)
[Tue Jan 16 22:19:35 2007] : (8) Adrin: "Whoever it was, I dont think I want to meet them"
[Tue Jan 16 22:19:43 2007] : (4) Dan: "Someone much more powerful than us, thankfully"
[Tue Jan 16 22:19:45 2007] : (9) Lia: "Lia dismisses the bat"
[Tue Jan 16 22:20:06 2007] : (4) Dan: "They killed an evil dragon, it makes more sense for them to be on the side of good"
[Tue Jan 16 22:20:22 2007] : (1) DM: 375 XP each.
[Tue Jan 16 22:20:36 2007] : (8) Adrin: "Doesn't make them my friend"
[Tue Jan 16 22:20:57 2007] : (1) DM: There might be enough skin on the dragon for something useful.
[Tue Jan 16 22:20:59 2007] : (10) Aliatra: "Why would they kill the mother and leave the kid? That doesn't make sense, does it?"
[Tue Jan 16 22:21:05 2007] : (8) Adrin: "Lets have a closer look at that thing"
[Tue Jan 16 22:21:23 2007] : (4) Dan: "maybe the juvenile sought out the mother after her death?"
[Tue Jan 16 22:21:47 2007] : (10) Aliatra: "Do dragons carry treasure?"
[Tue Jan 16 22:22:10 2007] : (8) Adrin: "Now theres a thought!"
[Tue Jan 16 22:22:11 2007] : (4) Dan: "You know, I believe that dragonhide can be made into serviceable armour that even druids can use"
[Tue Jan 16 22:22:37 2007] : (9) Lia: "Well we're short two horses"
[Tue Jan 16 22:22:45 2007] : (4) Dan: "Dragons certainly hoard treasure, but I'm unsure that they carry it around with them"
[Tue Jan 16 22:22:46 2007] : (9) Lia: "will we be able to carry it?"
[Tue Jan 16 22:22:51 2007] : (8) Adrin: "Anyone know how to skin a dragon?"
[Tue Jan 16 22:23:02 2007] : (9) Lia: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [18,10] = (28)
[Tue Jan 16 22:23:05 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc all 4 horses would have been present in the square that got attacked
[Tue Jan 16 22:23:06 2007] : (1) DM: ooc enough hide for a suit of hide armour for a small person, Or a large shield for a medium person.
[Tue Jan 16 22:23:24 2007] : (10) Aliatra: "Will we be even be able to skin those beasts?"
[Tue Jan 16 22:23:29 2007] : (1) DM: Lia can skin dragons, they're like large lizards after all.
[Tue Jan 16 22:23:30 2007] : (10) Aliatra: [1d20+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
[Tue Jan 16 22:23:38 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc they should all have made a save vs the breath weapon
[Tue Jan 16 22:23:40 2007] : (10) Aliatra: ooc My horse died as well
[Tue Jan 16 22:23:41 2007] : (9) Lia: "I have been trained in the art of skinning, yes. Whether a dragon is like others, give me some time"
[Tue Jan 16 22:24:03 2007] : (9) Lia: Lia gets to skinning the dragon
[Tue Jan 16 22:24:15 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc any skin left on the mother?
[Tue Jan 16 22:24:20 2007] : (8) Adrin: ooc about what time is it?
[Tue Jan 16 22:24:32 2007] : (1) DM: Late afternoon.
[Tue Jan 16 22:24:48 2007] : (8) Adrin: "How long do you think that'll take Lia?"
[Tue Jan 16 22:24:49 2007] : (1) DM: The mother dragon has been stripped of all useful skin.
[Tue Jan 16 22:24:52 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc I'm human, so medium?
[Tue Jan 16 22:25:02 2007] : (1) DM: ooc yup.
[Tue Jan 16 22:25:10 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc I can't even scrape enough to make an armour for myself? ;)
[Tue Jan 16 22:25:45 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc you could make half plate out of it maybe?
[Tue Jan 16 22:25:46 2007] : (10) Aliatra: ooc You'll have to skin the baby then, that should give you more than enough
[Tue Jan 16 22:25:49 2007] : (9) Lia: "a few hours Adrin"
[Tue Jan 16 22:26:07 2007] : (9) Lia: "we probably want to camp around here"
[Tue Jan 16 22:26:20 2007] : (8) Adrin: "Ok. Maybe we should find somewhere close to setup camp then"
[Tue Jan 16 22:26:24 2007] : (4) Dan: "Even if it's not enough for us, we can probably sell it"
[Tue Jan 16 22:26:45 2007] : (4) Dan: "Yes, but far enough away from the dead horses and the dragons."
[Tue Jan 16 22:27:16 2007] : (4) Dan: "I don't want to be listening to all the wild scavengers gnawing and ripping and cawing and howling all night"
[Tue Jan 16 22:27:27 2007] : (8) Adrin: "lets do some scouting while Lia skins. Maybe we'lll even find its lair"
[Tue Jan 16 22:28:03 2007] : (9) Lia: "I would argue the lair has been ransacked, but why not"
[Tue Jan 16 22:29:03 2007] : (10) Aliatra: "I think that's a good idea, Adrin"
[Tue Jan 16 22:29:42 2007] : (4) Dan: "They live in forests, so that's the direction to look in"
[Tue Jan 16 22:29:52 2007] : (9) Lia: ooc craig, where's that place where I can download the summons?
[Tue Jan 16 22:30:03 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc what place?
[Tue Jan 16 22:30:16 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc I made my own
[Tue Jan 16 22:30:54 2007] : (1) DM: GAME END