Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / The Dark Trade - 09 January 2007

[Tue Jan 9 19:21:32 2007] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Tue Jan 9 19:22:30 2007] : (1) DM: You just reached Sothven, the capital city of the kingdom and are staying at the Giant's Boot Inn, close to the main market and merchant's district in the city.
[Tue Jan 9 19:23:55 2007] : (2) Adrin: Adrin spends some time shopping for new equipment and meets the others in the Inn
[Tue Jan 9 19:23:57 2007] : (1) DM: News of the deaths of the Duke of Westharbour and his wife is the talk of the common room.
[Tue Jan 9 19:25:10 2007] : (3) Lia: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
[Tue Jan 9 19:25:13 2007] : (3) Lia: oops
[Tue Jan 9 19:25:23 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "What are we going to do about some more money? And what are we going to do about that metal we left behind?""
[Tue Jan 9 19:25:44 2007] : (1) DM: Speculation is rife about the duke's killer. Was it one of the members of the notorious assassin's guild? And who paid them? Or was it just a random nutter with a grudge?
[Tue Jan 9 19:26:08 2007] : (2) Adrin: "There might be reward for finding the guy who killed the Duke"
[Tue Jan 9 19:26:10 2007] : (3) Lia: Lia tags along with Adrin and does some shopping too
[Tue Jan 9 19:26:48 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan does some shopping with the others
[Tue Jan 9 19:26:57 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra tags along
[Tue Jan 9 19:27:47 2007] : (1) DM: Since this is the capital city, any manner of items both mundane and magical can be found somewhere.
[Tue Jan 9 19:28:10 2007] : (4) Dan has sent you a tree node...
[Tue Jan 9 19:28:27 2007] : (2) Adrin: ooc we spent time after the last session picking kit
[Tue Jan 9 19:29:06 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc and I was scribing spells, but if I never did that I need to change to my old spell node
[Tue Jan 9 19:29:18 2007] : (3) Lia: oopsc I LOVE synergy :)
[Tue Jan 9 19:29:53 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc I found 2,225 gp worth of gems in my inventory, did they go into the kitty at some time?
[Tue Jan 9 19:30:33 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc I don't recall that they did
[Tue Jan 9 19:30:58 2007] : (1) DM: ooc Party Loot
[Tue Jan 9 19:31:46 2007] : (6) Lia (enter): 19:31
[Tue Jan 9 19:31:57 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc IIRC They were part of the payment for the metal and I had them when we went to jail
[Tue Jan 9 19:32:09 2007] : (3) Lia: ooc that's the other me, all my nodes are on my other computer :D
[Tue Jan 9 19:32:37 2007] : (1) DM: ooc the other you? One of you is enough ;)
[Tue Jan 9 19:32:45 2007] : (4) Dan: "I think that you're right Adrin. This whole murder thing seems to have the town stirring"
[Tue Jan 9 19:33:04 2007] : (2) Adrin: "I could do with a few coins now"
[Tue Jan 9 19:33:07 2007] : (4) Dan: "maybe there is some adventure to be had in finding the killer?"
[Tue Jan 9 19:33:16 2007] : (6) Lia: Disconnecting from server...
[Tue Jan 9 19:33:16 2007] : (6) Lia (exit): 19:33
[Tue Jan 9 19:33:26 2007] : (3) Lia: oopsc hurray!
[Tue Jan 9 19:33:27 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "We might get to kill some things"
[Tue Jan 9 19:33:44 2007] : (3) Lia: ooc why do I get a ps everytime..
[Tue Jan 9 19:34:09 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc autocomplete? I turned it off years ago - it's too annoying
[Tue Jan 9 19:34:49 2007] : (1) DM: ooc it's handy when you cant remember the name of an NPC you were forced to invent 30 seconds ago...
[Tue Jan 9 19:35:14 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 9 19:36:13 2007] : (3) Lia: ooc guys, I'm going to log out and in again
[Tue Jan 9 19:36:19 2007] : (2) Adrin: "I guess it'd mean heading back to WestHarbour though"
[Tue Jan 9 19:36:20 2007] : (3) Lia: Disconnecting from server...
[Tue Jan 9 19:36:20 2007] : (3) Lia (exit): 19:36
[Tue Jan 9 19:37:28 2007] : (7) Lia (enter): 19:37
[Tue Jan 9 19:37:46 2007] : (4) Dan: "Why back to Westharbour?"
[Tue Jan 9 19:37:56 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc sorry, but I didn't want to go through the whole thing again
[Tue Jan 9 19:37:58 2007] : (4) Dan: "Can't we get someone to pick it up for us?"
[Tue Jan 9 19:38:07 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Do we want to go there? Do we even dare to?"
[Tue Jan 9 19:38:20 2007] : (4) Dan: "There must be couriers capable of transporting valuable cargo in a city like this?"
[Tue Jan 9 19:38:36 2007] : (2) Adrin: "I thought thats where the Duke was killed."
[Tue Jan 9 19:38:54 2007] : (2) Adrin: "Mind you, I'm still getting the hang of this reading lark"
[Tue Jan 9 19:39:26 2007] : (4) Dan: "At the moment, I don't think that there's any way to tell that the ingots in the warehouse belonged to the people, i.e. us, who escaped as fugitives"
[Tue Jan 9 19:39:41 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Practice makes perfect my friend"
[Tue Jan 9 19:40:27 2007] : (4) Dan: "So maybe we can get the ingots brought to us by a secure caravan or something?"
[Tue Jan 9 19:41:10 2007] : (7) Lia: "It would be good"
[Tue Jan 9 19:41:13 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "That might be a wiser course than going back for them ourselves"
[Tue Jan 9 19:41:59 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan looks pointedly at Lia
[Tue Jan 9 19:42:21 2007] : (4) Dan: "Well, we are all party to a violent attack on the guards"
[Tue Jan 9 19:42:30 2007] : (1) DM: ooc where are you? In the tavern common room?
[Tue Jan 9 19:42:31 2007] : (4) Dan: "I don't want to go back"
[Tue Jan 9 19:42:46 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Walking down the streets
[Tue Jan 9 19:42:49 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc wandering and purchasing presumably??
[Tue Jan 9 19:43:04 2007] : (2) Adrin: ooc I thought we'd bought everything and headed back to the inn
[Tue Jan 9 19:43:18 2007] : (1) DM: ooc k. Delphine, let me know when you char is done.
[Tue Jan 9 19:43:21 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc headed back?? I'm not fussed ;)
[Tue Jan 9 19:43:57 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc If in the inn, we'd better be caraful who's around to hear us
[Tue Jan 9 19:44:21 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc I just assumed we were taliking while we all bought stuff
[Tue Jan 9 19:44:28 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc makes more sense to me
[Tue Jan 9 19:44:28 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc As did I
[Tue Jan 9 19:44:45 2007] : (2) Adrin: ooc ok
[Tue Jan 9 19:44:50 2007] : (1) DM: ooc Bert's outvoted.
[Tue Jan 9 19:45:59 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc presumably we've not spent days learning spells and brewing potions before this?
[Tue Jan 9 19:46:15 2007] : (1) DM: ooc no.
[Tue Jan 9 19:46:49 2007] : (2) Adrin: ooc so, just arrived. got lodgings and gone out spending?
[Tue Jan 9 19:47:02 2007] : (1) DM: ooc yes
[Tue Jan 9 19:47:39 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc That makes sense when just arriving in town
[Tue Jan 9 19:47:55 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc, do I remember well when I say that I was going to make my sickle a +1 or something?
[Tue Jan 9 19:48:11 2007] : (1) DM: ooc probably
[Tue Jan 9 19:48:24 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc or my sling actually
[Tue Jan 9 19:48:27 2007] : (7) Lia: oh well.
[Tue Jan 9 19:48:29 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc oops
[Tue Jan 9 19:48:49 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc One or the other :)
[Tue Jan 9 19:49:14 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc I'm having my greatsword upgraded
[Tue Jan 9 19:49:56 2007] : (2) Adrin: "Where do you think we could arrange something like that then?
[Tue Jan 9 19:49:59 2007] : (2) Adrin: "Where do you think we could arrange something like that then?"
[Tue Jan 9 19:50:22 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "We'd bette3r ask around in the merchant district, I guess"
[Tue Jan 9 19:50:28 2007] : (1) DM: ooc yellow pages?
[Tue Jan 9 19:50:36 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc Lia got her sling upgraded and we paid for something else for her out of the kitty - some form of armour enhancement, didn't you put it on your character sheet?
[Tue Jan 9 19:50:45 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "They should know about caravans and getting goods from one place to another"
[Tue Jan 9 19:51:30 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc if i did, it's lost
[Tue Jan 9 19:51:53 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc I meant a paper one maybe
[Tue Jan 9 19:52:50 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc I suppose I just kept the armour I got from the group
[Tue Jan 9 19:53:23 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc studded leather +1
[Tue Jan 9 19:53:49 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc amulet of natural armour? ring of protection?
[Tue Jan 9 19:53:57 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Yeaj, but last session we agreed on paying to getting either your armour or weapon upgraded
[Tue Jan 9 19:54:08 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc right, that was it, an amulet of natural armour if I remember well
[Tue Jan 9 19:55:46 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc Dave, I'm kind of ready for combat. Just spells are not up to date much, but I can get them on the fly
[Tue Jan 9 19:57:46 2007] : (2) Adrin: "All this shopping is making me thirsty"
[Tue Jan 9 19:58:05 2007] : (4) Dan: "Shall we stop somewhere for sustenance?"
[Tue Jan 9 19:58:24 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Sounds like a plan"
[Tue Jan 9 19:58:28 2007] : (1) DM: Whilst exploring the city you come across the busy animal market where live animals are traded. Amongst the herds of cattle and flocks of sheep are more exotic animals in cages.
[Tue Jan 9 19:58:53 2007] : (7) Lia: "I hate this"
[Tue Jan 9 19:58:56 2007] : (2) Adrin: "What are those things?"
[Tue Jan 9 19:58:57 2007] : (7) Lia: "Animals in cages"
[Tue Jan 9 19:59:12 2007] : (1) DM: Animals like lions and other big cats, serpents and exotic birds.
[Tue Jan 9 19:59:21 2007] : (4) Dan: "Oh really Lia?"
[Tue Jan 9 19:59:40 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "I thought you liked animals"
[Tue Jan 9 19:59:42 2007] : (1) DM: Two bird-like animals have attracted particular attention and a small crowd of curious on lookers.
[Tue Jan 9 19:59:44 2007] : (4) Dan: "I think he got that much"
[Tue Jan 9 20:00:30 2007] : (1) Animal Trader: "Come and see the fantastical and marvelous creatures of the outer planes!"
[Tue Jan 9 20:00:46 2007] : (2) Adrin: "Outer planes?"
[Tue Jan 9 20:00:46 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "What can that be?"
[Tue Jan 9 20:00:53 2007] : (7) Lia: "Yes, I like animals. when they are free"
[Tue Jan 9 20:01:01 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra goes over to have a look
[Tue Jan 9 20:01:04 2007] : (1) Animal Trader: "Captured from the strange and wonderous plane of Air I present to you the enigmatic Arrowhawks!"
[Tue Jan 9 20:01:15 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "And you like them when they do your bidding"
[Tue Jan 9 20:01:50 2007] : (4) Dan: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [16,10] = (26)
[Tue Jan 9 20:01:57 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [13,5] = (18)
[Tue Jan 9 20:02:09 2007] : (7) Lia: Knowledge: The Planes Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21)
[Tue Jan 9 20:02:17 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan looks at the Arrowhawks in contemplation
[Tue Jan 9 20:02:39 2007] : (2) Adrin: "Ohh"
[Tue Jan 9 20:02:59 2007] : (7) Lia: "No, I don't. The link I have with Moeki is of a different nature"
[Tue Jan 9 20:03:05 2007] : (1) DM: The creatures (for there are two, a small and a large) have a sinuous, snakelike body with a long neck and tail. Two pairs of feathered wings extend from the body, one on the top and another on the bottom. Most of the body is covered with irridescent blue scales, with tufts of yellow feathers at the base of the neck and tail. The head has a black toothed beak and four eyes, one pair above the beak and the other below.
[Tue Jan 9 20:03:13 2007] : (7) Lia: "I cannot tell him to do something that is against his nature"
[Tue Jan 9 20:03:23 2007] : (1) DM: The birds are lying listlessly on the floor of their cage.
[Tue Jan 9 20:04:11 2007] : (2) Adrin: "They dont look very well"
[Tue Jan 9 20:04:17 2007] : (1) DM: One of the onlookers, says with a bored voice: "Make 'em do something. They're just lying there."
[Tue Jan 9 20:04:40 2007] : (1) DM: He pokes the larger one with a stick, rather violently.
[Tue Jan 9 20:04:43 2007] : (1) DM: initiative.
[Tue Jan 9 20:04:53 2007] : (1) DM: [1d20+5] -> [16,5] = (21)
[Tue Jan 9 20:04:53 2007] : (2) Adrin: Adrin: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21)
[Tue Jan 9 20:05:07 2007] : (4) Dan: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [19,4] = (23)
[Tue Jan 9 20:05:16 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] -> [2,7] = (9)
[Tue Jan 9 20:05:21 2007] : (7) Lia: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [12,4] = (16)
[Tue Jan 9 20:05:26 2007] : (7) Lia: (-1)
[Tue Jan 9 20:05:58 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc cos my macro is wrong :)
[Tue Jan 9 20:07:39 2007] : (1) DM: The arrowhawk lets out an loud angry squawk and lunges suddenly at its tormentor. The cage topples to the ground and smashes open. The two arrowhawks fly free.
[Tue Jan 9 20:07:58 2007] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Tue Jan 9 20:08:10 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc what do I know about them?
[Tue Jan 9 20:09:52 2007] : (4) Dan: Ok, I need to know where they are, we are and where the crowd is :D
[Tue Jan 9 20:10:51 2007] : (4) Dan: "Damned dangerous creatures arrowhawks. It's stupid to try to keep them as pets!"
[Tue Jan 9 20:11:29 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "It still is cruel to torment them"
[Tue Jan 9 20:12:02 2007] : (4) Dan: "Indeed"
[Tue Jan 9 20:12:14 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc how high off the ground are they?
[Tue Jan 9 20:13:31 2007] : (1) DM: The arrowhawks are 10 ft up.
[Tue Jan 9 20:13:56 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan begins casting
[Tue Jan 9 20:14:22 2007] : (4) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Fireball (level 3): Blasts a 20ft radius with fire dealing [5d6] -> [6,5,2,1,5] = (19) damage (Reflex save DC 18 for half damage)
[Tue Jan 9 20:14:30 2007] : (2) Adrin: ooc :O
[Tue Jan 9 20:14:46 2007] : (4) Dan: Centred 15 feet above the birds
[Tue Jan 9 20:15:20 2007] : (1) DM: ooc don't fireballs have to hit something to detonate?
[Tue Jan 9 20:15:21 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc done
[Tue Jan 9 20:15:31 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc not as far as I knew
[Tue Jan 9 20:16:04 2007] : (1) DM: ooc nope.
[Tue Jan 9 20:16:55 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc they do detonate if they hit something in the way apparently
[Tue Jan 9 20:17:02 2007] : (1) DM: The arrowhawks sqawk in pain and opening their fearsome beaks wide, shoot a ray of electrical energy at Dan.
[Tue Jan 9 20:17:10 2007] : (1) DM: [1d20+10] -> [17,10] = (27)
[Tue Jan 9 20:17:17 2007] : (1) DM: [1d20+8] -> [16,8] = (24)
[Tue Jan 9 20:17:39 2007] : (1) DM: [1d20+12] -> [19,12] = (31)
[Tue Jan 9 20:17:45 2007] : (1) DM: [1d20+9] -> [19,9] = (28)
[Tue Jan 9 20:18:12 2007] : (1) DM: Take [4d8] -> [8,5,5,1] = (19) damage from the rays, Dan.
[Tue Jan 9 20:18:43 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Ouch
[Tue Jan 9 20:18:44 2007] : (1) DM: (two rays for 2d8 each)
[Tue Jan 9 20:18:48 2007] : (4) Dan: No saves?
[Tue Jan 9 20:19:01 2007] : (1) DM: No. [2d8+2d6] -> [7,5,2,2] = (16)
[Tue Jan 9 20:19:24 2007] : (4) Dan: ok
[Tue Jan 9 20:19:25 2007] : (1) DM: No saves.
[Tue Jan 9 20:19:29 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan looks frazzled
[Tue Jan 9 20:19:55 2007] : (1) DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jan 9 20:20:35 2007] : (2) Adrin: Draw bow and fire
[Tue Jan 9 20:21:09 2007] : (1) DM: Which one? The larger or the smaller one?
[Tue Jan 9 20:21:15 2007] : (1) DM: #1 is larger.
[Tue Jan 9 20:21:18 2007] : (2) Adrin: larger
[Tue Jan 9 20:21:20 2007] : (2) Adrin: Shortbow, composite (base): [1d20+8] -> [10,8] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Jan 9 20:21:34 2007] : (1) DM: Miss.
[Tue Jan 9 20:21:44 2007] : (1) DM: Lia?
[Tue Jan 9 20:21:58 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc are those considered "animals" at all?
[Tue Jan 9 20:22:14 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc or being out of plane, they're just monsters?
[Tue Jan 9 20:22:16 2007] : (1) DM: ooc No. Outsiders
[Tue Jan 9 20:22:22 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc k
[Tue Jan 9 20:22:28 2007] : (7) Lia: Casts2...: Barkskin +3 natural armour (10mn/lvl)
[Tue Jan 9 20:22:35 2007] : (7) Lia: done.
[Tue Jan 9 20:22:43 2007] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jan 9 20:22:59 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Shooting at the larger one
[Tue Jan 9 20:23:06 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "I hate having to do this"
[Tue Jan 9 20:23:09 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite, MW (base): [1d20+8] -> [9,8] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
[Tue Jan 9 20:23:50 2007] : (1) DM: Miss.
[Tue Jan 9 20:24:25 2007] : (1) DM: The crowd, screaming and panicking run away, pushing and shoving.
[Tue Jan 9 20:24:55 2007] : (1) DM: The arrowhawks' former keeper takes refuge under a the wagon the cage was placed on.
[Tue Jan 9 20:25:19 2007] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Tue Jan 9 20:25:43 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan tugs a potion from his belt and drinks it
[Tue Jan 9 20:25:53 2007] : (4) Dan: [1d8+1] -> [8,1] = (9)
[Tue Jan 9 20:26:25 2007] : (1) DM: anything else?
[Tue Jan 9 20:26:35 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc yup, just a sec
[Tue Jan 9 20:27:24 2007] : (4) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 3 Missiles:
1st missile - [1d4+1] -> [1,1] = (2) damage
2nd missile - [1d4+1] -> [1,1] = (2) damage
3rd missile - [1d4+1] -> [1,1] = (2) damage

[Tue Jan 9 20:27:30 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc on number 1
[Tue Jan 9 20:27:32 2007] : (4) Dan: done
[Tue Jan 9 20:27:56 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc three ones!!
[Tue Jan 9 20:28:05 2007] : (1) DM: A few yellow feathers are blasted off.
[Tue Jan 9 20:28:16 2007] : (2) Adrin: ooc typical
[Tue Jan 9 20:28:35 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Too bad
[Tue Jan 9 20:28:38 2007] : (1) DM: The arrowhawks fly higher and the younger moves away.
[Tue Jan 9 20:29:02 2007] : (1) DM: More electrical rays shoot forth and Ali and Adrin.
[Tue Jan 9 20:29:10 2007] : (1) DM: [1d20+12] -> [11,12] = (23), [1d20+9] -> [7,9] = (16)
[Tue Jan 9 20:29:43 2007] : (1) DM: Take [2d8] -> [4,5] = (9) damage Aliatra and [2d6] -> [5,4] = (9) damage Adrin.
[Tue Jan 9 20:29:57 2007] : (1) DM: They're now about 20 ft up.
[Tue Jan 9 20:30:04 2007] : (1) DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Tue Jan 9 20:30:24 2007] : (2) Adrin: ooc if we've finished buying stuff, my AC has gone up
[Tue Jan 9 20:30:38 2007] : (1) DM: ooc touch attack.
[Tue Jan 9 20:30:53 2007] : (2) Adrin: ooc mutter mutter grumble
[Tue Jan 9 20:31:08 2007] : (2) Adrin: attack #1 again
[Tue Jan 9 20:31:09 2007] : (2) Adrin: Shortbow, composite (base): [1d20+8] -> [2,8] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [6,0] = (6)
[Tue Jan 9 20:31:18 2007] : (1) DM: Miss.
[Tue Jan 9 20:31:24 2007] : (2) Adrin: ooc you can tell I never use this
[Tue Jan 9 20:31:49 2007] : (1) DM: Done?
[Tue Jan 9 20:32:19 2007] : (2) Adrin: yeah
[Tue Jan 9 20:32:31 2007] : (1) DM: Lia?
[Tue Jan 9 20:32:45 2007] : (2) Adrin: ooc the boxed areas are market stalls?
[Tue Jan 9 20:33:04 2007] : (1) DM: ooc yes.
[Tue Jan 9 20:33:15 2007] : (1) DM: ooc and pens and cages etc.
[Tue Jan 9 20:33:16 2007] : (7) Lia: casts Summon Nature's ally II - Dire Bat: Spd 20 ft., fly 40 ft.; AC 20, 30HP, Touch 15, Flat-footed 14; Blindsense, stealthy

[Tue Jan 9 20:33:39 2007] : (7) Lia: Dire Bat attacks: Bite (melee) [1d20+5] -> [16,5] = (21) ==> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
[Tue Jan 9 20:33:41 2007] : (1) DM: Okay. (rember that takes a whole round to cast)
[Tue Jan 9 20:33:48 2007] : (7) Lia: oops
[Tue Jan 9 20:33:51 2007] : (7) Lia: ok
[Tue Jan 9 20:33:52 2007] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jan 9 20:33:53 2007] : (7) Lia: done.
[Tue Jan 9 20:34:07 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc on the big one, btw
[Tue Jan 9 20:34:46 2007] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jan 9 20:34:51 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Shooting at the bigger one again
[Tue Jan 9 20:34:52 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite, MW (base): [1d20+8] -> [16,8] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
[Tue Jan 9 20:34:58 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jan 9 20:35:28 2007] : (1) DM: A hit, your arrow stick into the arrowhawks narrow body.
[Tue Jan 9 20:35:38 2007] : (1) DM: Dan?
[Tue Jan 9 20:37:35 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan points his finger and utters a spell
[Tue Jan 9 20:37:42 2007] : (4) Dan: Araydan casts Scorching Ray (base): [1d20+6] -> [4,6] = (10) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] -> [2,2,3,5,0] = (12)
[Tue Jan 9 20:37:52 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc and misses totally :(
[Tue Jan 9 20:37:54 2007] : (4) Dan: Done
[Tue Jan 9 20:38:30 2007] : (1) DM: The arrowhawk nimbly dodges the ray.
[Tue Jan 9 20:38:56 2007] : (1) DM: It shoots forth another ray.
[Tue Jan 9 20:39:08 2007] : (1) DM: At Aliatra [1d20+12] -> [9,12] = (21)
[Tue Jan 9 20:39:15 2007] : (1) DM: Take [2d8] -> [3,8] = (11) damage.
[Tue Jan 9 20:39:20 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc brb
[Tue Jan 9 20:39:29 2007] : (1) DM: And the other attacks Adrin. [1d20+9] -> [2,9] = (11)
[Tue Jan 9 20:39:47 2007] : (1) DM: What's your touch AC?
[Tue Jan 9 20:39:48 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Darned beasts"
[Tue Jan 9 20:40:23 2007] : (2) Adrin: 13
[Tue Jan 9 20:40:33 2007] : (1) DM: Miss then.
[Tue Jan 9 20:41:09 2007] : (1) DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Tue Jan 9 20:41:15 2007] : (2) Adrin: fire at #1 again
[Tue Jan 9 20:41:17 2007] : (2) Adrin: Shortbow, composite (base): [1d20+8] -> [17,8] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
[Tue Jan 9 20:41:24 2007] : (1) DM: Hit
[Tue Jan 9 20:41:46 2007] : (1) DM: Barely a scratch.
[Tue Jan 9 20:41:54 2007] : (1) DM: done?
[Tue Jan 9 20:42:06 2007] : (2) Adrin: yeah
[Tue Jan 9 20:42:36 2007] : (1) DM: Lia, your dire bat appears. It's your turn now.
[Tue Jan 9 20:42:40 2007] : (7) Lia: Dire Bat attacks: Bite (melee) [1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11) ==> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
[Tue Jan 9 20:42:50 2007] : (1) DM: Miss.
[Tue Jan 9 20:42:59 2007] : (7) Lia: casts Summon Nature's ally II - Dire Bat: Spd 20 ft., fly 40 ft.; AC 20, 30HP, Touch 15, Flat-footed 14; Blindsense, stealthy

[Tue Jan 9 20:43:07 2007] : (7) Lia: done.
[Tue Jan 9 20:43:13 2007] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jan 9 20:43:13 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc bat #2
[Tue Jan 9 20:43:20 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc Lis gets her go now too
[Tue Jan 9 20:43:23 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc Lia
[Tue Jan 9 20:43:37 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Shooting the larger one agaon
[Tue Jan 9 20:43:39 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite, MW (base): [1d20+8] -> [8,8] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
[Tue Jan 9 20:43:43 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jan 9 20:43:47 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc the bat is last round's attack
[Tue Jan 9 20:43:51 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc I used it. I cast another summon ally
[Tue Jan 9 20:44:02 2007] : (1) DM: Miss.
[Tue Jan 9 20:44:03 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc oh, ok, sorry
[Tue Jan 9 20:44:10 2007] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Tue Jan 9 20:45:10 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan begins casting a summon spell
[Tue Jan 9 20:45:11 2007] : (4) Dan: Done
[Tue Jan 9 20:45:57 2007] : (1) DM: The larger arrowhawk turns on the spot in mid-air and snaps at the direbat.
[Tue Jan 9 20:46:03 2007] : (1) DM: [1d20+12] -> [18,12] = (30)
[Tue Jan 9 20:46:15 2007] : (1) DM: The bat takes [1d8+3] -> [6,3] = (9) damage.
[Tue Jan 9 20:46:35 2007] : (1) DM: The younger bird shoots another ray at Adrin
[Tue Jan 9 20:46:39 2007] : (1) DM: [1d20+9] -> [6,9] = (15)
[Tue Jan 9 20:46:47 2007] : (1) DM: Hit for [2d6] -> [6,6] = (12) damage.
[Tue Jan 9 20:46:54 2007] : (2) Adrin: "Urgh"
[Tue Jan 9 20:47:10 2007] : (1) DM: ooc that's how you roll damage dice, Craig. None of those silly 1s.
[Tue Jan 9 20:47:16 2007] : (1) DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jan 9 20:47:22 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc the second bat is on the other one btw, the young one
[Tue Jan 9 20:47:35 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc :P
[Tue Jan 9 20:47:47 2007] : (2) Adrin: turn and shoot at the younger one
[Tue Jan 9 20:47:51 2007] : (2) Adrin: Shortbow, composite (base): [1d20+8] -> [6,8] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [3,0] = (3)
[Tue Jan 9 20:47:57 2007] : (1) DM: Miss.
[Tue Jan 9 20:48:07 2007] : (2) Adrin: "Damn flying things!"
[Tue Jan 9 20:48:34 2007] : (1) DM: Lia? Your 2nd bat appears.
[Tue Jan 9 20:48:37 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc my caster level is 4 right?
[Tue Jan 9 20:48:44 2007] : (7) Lia: Dire Bat attacks: Bite (melee) [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7) ==> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
[Tue Jan 9 20:48:45 2007] : (7) Lia: Dire Bat attacks: Bite (melee) [1d20+5] -> [17,5] = (22) ==> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
[Tue Jan 9 20:48:58 2007] : (7) Lia: bat 1 and bat 2 on the young one
[Tue Jan 9 20:49:10 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc sorry, bat 1 on the big one, bat 2 on the young one
[Tue Jan 9 20:49:12 2007] : (1) DM: ooc Uh. Aren't you a level 5 druid?
[Tue Jan 9 20:49:35 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc so I am
[Tue Jan 9 20:49:39 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc so 5 :)
[Tue Jan 9 20:50:36 2007] : (7) Lia: Casts2...: Cure light wounds: curing [1d8+5] -> [1,5] = (6) HP
[Tue Jan 9 20:50:38 2007] : (1) DM: The 2nd bat nips the younger arrowhawk in a vunerable spot and it starts bleeding profusely. It looks like it might fall out of the air any moment now.
[Tue Jan 9 20:50:45 2007] : (7) Lia: on Adrin. Done.
[Tue Jan 9 20:50:58 2007] : (1) DM: You need to move next to him.
[Tue Jan 9 20:51:08 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc sorry. Yes.
[Tue Jan 9 20:51:08 2007] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jan 9 20:51:30 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Shooting the big one again
[Tue Jan 9 20:51:31 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite, MW (base): [1d20+8] -> [9,8] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
[Tue Jan 9 20:51:36 2007] : (1) DM: Miss.
[Tue Jan 9 20:51:56 2007] : (1) DM: Dan?
[Tue Jan 9 20:51:59 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan finishes casting Augmented Summon Monster III - Fiendish Dire Bat (Large magical beast): 43hp; 5 resist on cold and fire; Damage reduction 5/Magic; AC= 20; SR = 9; Darkvision 60'; Blindsight 40'; Speed 20' walk; 40' fly
[Tue Jan 9 20:52:13 2007] : (4) Dan: Augmented Fiendish Dire Bat: Fiendish Dire Bat attack (treat as magical) Bite [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11) ==> Damage: [1d8+7] -> [7,7] = (14)
[Tue Jan 9 20:52:43 2007] : (1) DM: Miss.
[Tue Jan 9 20:53:02 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan then draws his bow and shoots at no 2
[Tue Jan 9 20:53:09 2007] : (4) Dan: Composite longbow +1 (base): [1d20+7] -> [8,7] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [7,1] = (8)
[Tue Jan 9 20:53:13 2007] : (1) DM: Miss.
[Tue Jan 9 20:53:13 2007] : (4) Dan: Done
[Tue Jan 9 20:53:38 2007] : (1) DM: The younger arrowhawk savagely attacks the bat.
[Tue Jan 9 20:53:43 2007] : (1) DM: [1d20+9] -> [5,9] = (14)
[Tue Jan 9 20:53:49 2007] : (1) DM: Miss.
[Tue Jan 9 20:54:32 2007] : (1) DM: The older one swoops towards the younger squawking in distress.
[Tue Jan 9 20:54:38 2007] : (1) DM: AoO's from the two bats.
[Tue Jan 9 20:55:04 2007] : (1) DM: It also blasts the 2nd one of Lia's bats with a bolt of electricity.
[Tue Jan 9 20:55:07 2007] : (1) DM: [1d20+12] -> [8,12] = (20)
[Tue Jan 9 20:55:18 2007] : (1) DM: The bat takes [2d8] -> [7,2] = (9) damage.
[Tue Jan 9 20:55:41 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc Dire bats are large and should take up 4 squares!
[Tue Jan 9 20:55:42 2007] : (7) Lia: Dire Bat attacks: Bite (melee) [1d20+5] -> [7,5] = (12) ==> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
[Tue Jan 9 20:55:44 2007] : (7) Lia: Dire Bat attacks: Bite (melee) [1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11) ==> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
[Tue Jan 9 20:55:52 2007] : (1) DM: Miss.
[Tue Jan 9 20:56:11 2007] : (1) DM: Dan, your bat's AoO?
[Tue Jan 9 20:56:16 2007] : (4) Dan: Augmented Fiendish Dire Bat: Fiendish Dire Bat attack (treat as magical) Bite [1d20+7] -> [15,7] = (22) ==> Damage: [1d8+7] -> [3,7] = (10)
[Tue Jan 9 20:56:33 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc sorry was reading on the bat
[Tue Jan 9 20:56:34 2007] : (1) DM: Hit.
[Tue Jan 9 20:56:38 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Nice one :)
[Tue Jan 9 20:56:51 2007] : (1) DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jan 9 20:57:09 2007] : (2) Adrin: Shoot the kid again
[Tue Jan 9 20:57:11 2007] : (2) Adrin: Shortbow, composite (base): [1d20+8] -> [13,8] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
[Tue Jan 9 20:57:55 2007] : (1) DM: Hit. It squawks and spirals to the ground where it lands in a broken heap.
[Tue Jan 9 20:58:16 2007] : (1) DM: Lia?
[Tue Jan 9 20:58:26 2007] : (2) Adrin: "Ha! Not so nifty now!"
[Tue Jan 9 20:58:36 2007] : (7) Lia: Casts2...: Cure light wounds: curing [1d8+5] -> [2,5] = (7) HP
[Tue Jan 9 20:58:41 2007] : (7) Lia: on Adrin
[Tue Jan 9 20:58:42 2007] : (7) Lia: done.
[Tue Jan 9 20:58:45 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "The poor thing, not its fault it ended up here"
[Tue Jan 9 20:59:10 2007] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jan 9 20:59:16 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Shooting again
[Tue Jan 9 20:59:18 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite, MW (base): [1d20+8] -> [12,8] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
[Tue Jan 9 20:59:22 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jan 9 20:59:31 2007] : (1) DM: Miss.
[Tue Jan 9 20:59:36 2007] : (1) DM: Dan?
[Tue Jan 9 20:59:47 2007] : (4) Dan: Bat moves to attack
[Tue Jan 9 21:00:05 2007] : (4) Dan: Augmented Fiendish Dire Bat: Fiendish Dire Bat attack (treat as magical) Bite [1d20+7] -> [1,7] = (8) ==> Damage: [1d8+7] -> [1,7] = (8)
[Tue Jan 9 21:00:20 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan shoots
[Tue Jan 9 21:00:25 2007] : (4) Dan: Composite longbow +1 (base): [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [8,1] = (9)
[Tue Jan 9 21:00:37 2007] : (4) Dan: "Hmm, I'm not very good with this!"
[Tue Jan 9 21:00:39 2007] : (4) Dan: Done
[Tue Jan 9 21:00:40 2007] : (1) DM: Misses.
[Tue Jan 9 21:01:28 2007] : (1) DM: The Arrowhawk swoops down on Adrin and bites him with her powerful beak.
[Tue Jan 9 21:01:32 2007] : (1) DM: [1d20+12] -> [5,12] = (17)
[Tue Jan 9 21:01:46 2007] : (1) DM: Miss.
[Tue Jan 9 21:02:08 2007] : (1) DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jan 9 21:03:04 2007] : (2) Adrin: drop bow, draw sword
[Tue Jan 9 21:03:08 2007] : (2) Adrin: can I still attack?
[Tue Jan 9 21:03:15 2007] : (1) DM: AoO: [1d20+12] -> [7,12] = (19)
[Tue Jan 9 21:03:24 2007] : (1) DM: Hit for [1d8+3] -> [3,3] = (6) damage
[Tue Jan 9 21:03:31 2007] : (1) DM: ooc Yes, you may attack.
[Tue Jan 9 21:03:37 2007] : (2) Adrin: +1 Greatsword (base): [1d20+9] -> [4,9] = (13) ===> Damage: [2d6+4] -> [6,5,4] = (15)
[Tue Jan 9 21:03:45 2007] : (1) DM: Miss.
[Tue Jan 9 21:03:51 2007] : (1) DM: Lia?
[Tue Jan 9 21:04:12 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc damn missed the bat's AoO when it left
[Tue Jan 9 21:04:29 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc I'm confused. give me a sec.
[Tue Jan 9 21:04:38 2007] : (1) DM: Roll it now Dan.
[Tue Jan 9 21:04:45 2007] : (4) Dan: Augmented Fiendish Dire Bat: Fiendish Dire Bat attack (treat as magical) Bite [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11) ==> Damage: [1d8+7] -> [2,7] = (9)
[Tue Jan 9 21:04:53 2007] : (1) DM: missed anyway
[Tue Jan 9 21:04:57 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc heh
[Tue Jan 9 21:05:02 2007] : (7) Lia: Dire Bat attacks: Bite (melee) [1d20+5] -> [15,5] = (20) ==> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
[Tue Jan 9 21:05:03 2007] : (7) Lia: Dire Bat attacks: Bite (melee) [1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9) ==> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
[Tue Jan 9 21:05:11 2007] : (1) DM: Miss
[Tue Jan 9 21:05:34 2007] : (2) Adrin: ooc those Dire Bats are fantastic!
[Tue Jan 9 21:05:42 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 9 21:05:50 2007] : (1) DM: Any spells Lia?
[Tue Jan 9 21:05:54 2007] : (7) Lia: casts Summon Nature's ally II - Dire Bat: Spd 20 ft., fly 40 ft.; AC 20, 30HP, Touch 15, Flat-footed 14; Blindsense, stealthy

[Tue Jan 9 21:06:01 2007] : (7) Lia: done.
[Tue Jan 9 21:06:03 2007] : (1) DM: ooc don't forget the 5ft step..
[Tue Jan 9 21:06:18 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc ok, five ft step :)
[Tue Jan 9 21:06:23 2007] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Jan 9 21:06:58 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Switching bow for flail
[Tue Jan 9 21:07:02 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Flail, heavy MW (base): [1d20+8] -> [19,8] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d10+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
[Tue Jan 9 21:07:02 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Critical hit? [1d20+8] -> [10,8] = (18) ===> Damage: [2d10+8] -> [3,9,8] = (20)
[Tue Jan 9 21:07:15 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Done
[Tue Jan 9 21:07:54 2007] : (1) DM: You hit the outer part of one of her wings.
[Tue Jan 9 21:08:08 2007] : (1) DM: It looks close to death now.
[Tue Jan 9 21:08:10 2007] : (1) DM: Dan?
[Tue Jan 9 21:08:25 2007] : (4) Dan: Augmented Fiendish Dire Bat: Fiendish Dire Bat attack (treat as magical) Bite [1d20+7] -> [7,7] = (14) ==> Damage: [1d8+7] -> [8,7] = (15)
[Tue Jan 9 21:08:30 2007] : (1) DM: miss
[Tue Jan 9 21:08:39 2007] : (4) Dan: 5 ft step back
[Tue Jan 9 21:08:44 2007] : (4) Dan: Composite longbow +1 (base): [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d8+1] -> [1,1] = (2)
[Tue Jan 9 21:08:52 2007] : (4) Dan: Done
[Tue Jan 9 21:08:57 2007] : (4) Dan: "Another wasted arrow!
[Tue Jan 9 21:09:46 2007] : (1) DM: One last attack on Adrin with its large beak.
[Tue Jan 9 21:09:50 2007] : (1) DM: [1d20+12] -> [9,12] = (21)
[Tue Jan 9 21:09:57 2007] : (1) DM: Hit for [1d8+3] -> [3,3] = (6) damage.
[Tue Jan 9 21:10:07 2007] : (1) DM: Adrin?
[Tue Jan 9 21:10:19 2007] : (2) Adrin: +1 Greatsword (base): [1d20+9] -> [17,9] = (26) ===> Damage: [2d6+4] -> [1,6,4] = (11)
[Tue Jan 9 21:11:01 2007] : (1) DM: Your sword slices halfway through the arrowhawks long neck and it flops to the ground dead.
[Tue Jan 9 21:11:54 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Rigjt, that was something I regret having to do. Anyone needs healing? And where is that damn fool owner?"
[Tue Jan 9 21:11:55 2007] : (2) Adrin: Adrin wipes the blood from his sword with a self satisfied smile
[Tue Jan 9 21:12:08 2007] : (1) DM: 560 XP each.
[Tue Jan 9 21:12:17 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc I find it totally weird that I can summon an arrowhawk but it is not considered an animal :/
[Tue Jan 9 21:12:29 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan dismisses his fiendish servant
[Tue Jan 9 21:12:44 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc cheers DM
[Tue Jan 9 21:12:49 2007] : (1) Animal Trader: Crawling out from under the wagon the animal trader angrily waves a fist and shouts at you.
[Tue Jan 9 21:13:00 2007] : (2) Adrin: "Actually, now that you ask Ali, maybe I could do with a bit of magical help"
[Tue Jan 9 21:13:01 2007] : (1) Animal Trader: "Oi, you better pay for damaging my merchandise!"
[Tue Jan 9 21:13:09 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Come over here and repeat that, if you dare"
[Tue Jan 9 21:13:14 2007] : (7) Lia: "Lia dismisses the bats
[Tue Jan 9 21:13:28 2007] : (7) Lia: "Excuse me?"
[Tue Jan 9 21:13:32 2007] : (7) Lia: "Damaging your merchandise?"
[Tue Jan 9 21:13:38 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra stands there, blooded, flail in hand
[Tue Jan 9 21:13:50 2007] : (7) Lia: "Those animals are NOT merchandise to start with"
[Tue Jan 9 21:14:09 2007] : (7) Lia: "It is your fault that we had to kill them"
[Tue Jan 9 21:14:19 2007] : (4) Dan: "You are kidding aren't you? And what prey were you going to do to stop them from ravaging the onlookers?"
[Tue Jan 9 21:14:41 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc prey or pray? LOL
[Tue Jan 9 21:14:50 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc err, "wht, pray, were"
[Tue Jan 9 21:15:21 2007] : (1) Animal Trader: Diplomacy check Dan.
[Tue Jan 9 21:15:28 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc don't type words that you don't normally use!
[Tue Jan 9 21:15:32 2007] : (4) Dan: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+0] -> [12,0] = (12)
[Tue Jan 9 21:15:36 2007] : (2) Adrin: ooc we're being diplomatic??
[Tue Jan 9 21:15:48 2007] : (1) Animal Trader: ooc need to check DC...
[Tue Jan 9 21:15:50 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Since when?
[Tue Jan 9 21:16:23 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "We probably saved your life"
[Tue Jan 9 21:16:31 2007] : (1) Animal Trader: [1d20+2] -> [13,2] = (15)
[Tue Jan 9 21:16:38 2007] : (7) Lia: "and believe me, I'd rather have saved theirs"
[Tue Jan 9 21:16:47 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan looks down at his burned skin and singed robes then turns to the man with angry eyes
[Tue Jan 9 21:17:01 2007] : (7) Lia: "Anyone need healing?"
[Tue Jan 9 21:17:04 2007] : (2) Adrin: Adrin sheaths his sword and walks right up to the man
[Tue Jan 9 21:17:09 2007] : (1) Animal Trader: After a bit of back and forth the trader reluctantly agrees with your point of view.
[Tue Jan 9 21:17:32 2007] : (4) Dan: "I am somewhat burned still Lia"
[Tue Jan 9 21:17:41 2007] : (2) Adrin: "Wouldn't say no Lia, but tend to Dan first"
[Tue Jan 9 21:17:58 2007] : (1) Animal Trader: Particularly when the watch turns up and starts asking question about who released such dangerous creatures in the city. He scarpers pretty quick at that point.
[Tue Jan 9 21:17:59 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "I've got plenty of healing left, Adrin"
[Tue Jan 9 21:18:08 2007] : (4) Dan: "So my question to you is what reparations are you going to make to us for stopping your creatures from killing the crowd?"
[Tue Jan 9 21:18:14 2007] : (7) Lia: Lia appraises Dan's wounds (how many HP?)
[Tue Jan 9 21:18:29 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc 7 down (out of only 20)
[Tue Jan 9 21:18:33 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra cures Dan
[Tue Jan 9 21:18:40 2007] : (7) Lia: Casts...: Cure light wounds: curing [1d8+5] -> [2,5] = (7) HP
[Tue Jan 9 21:18:48 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc ah
[Tue Jan 9 21:18:57 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra cures Adrin
[Tue Jan 9 21:19:08 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan's wounds heal completely with Lia's ministrations
[Tue Jan 9 21:19:11 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc ok, so I cure noone
[Tue Jan 9 21:19:14 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc :)
[Tue Jan 9 21:19:15 2007] : (4) Dan: "Thankyou Lia"
[Tue Jan 9 21:19:20 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra Casts: Cure Light Wounds (level 1): Cures (1d8+1 per levels, max 5) damage ==> [1d8+1] -> [2,1] = (3)
[Tue Jan 9 21:19:35 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra Casts: Cure Light Wounds (level 1): Cures (1d8+1 per levels, max 5) damage ==> [1d8+1] -> [5,1] = (6)
[Tue Jan 9 21:19:35 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc you cast on me
[Tue Jan 9 21:19:55 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc yes.
[Tue Jan 9 21:20:02 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Lia cured Dan, I cured Adrin
[Tue Jan 9 21:20:05 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc Aliatra, I had already cured Dan
[Tue Jan 9 21:20:14 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc ok :)
[Tue Jan 9 21:20:20 2007] : (2) Adrin: Adrin looks better but still has some scratches
[Tue Jan 9 21:20:36 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc HPs?
[Tue Jan 9 21:20:49 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Will that do you for now< I'm a bit hurt myself">
[Tue Jan 9 21:20:49 2007] : (7) Lia: Casts...: Cure Moderate Wounds: curing [2d8+5] -> [8,2,5] = (15)
[Tue Jan 9 21:20:53 2007] : (2) Adrin: ooc down 10
[Tue Jan 9 21:21:00 2007] : (7) Lia: on Adrin
[Tue Jan 9 21:21:24 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra cures herself
[Tue Jan 9 21:21:24 2007] : (2) Adrin: Adrin looks for more scratches but can't find any
[Tue Jan 9 21:21:30 2007] : (2) Adrin: "I feel great now"
[Tue Jan 9 21:21:36 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra Casts: Cure Light Wounds (level 1): Cures (1d8+1 per levels, max 5) damage ==> [1d8+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
[Tue Jan 9 21:21:54 2007] : (7) Lia: Lia turns to the Animal trader.
[Tue Jan 9 21:22:03 2007] : (7) Lia: "Well, my friend here asked a question"
[Tue Jan 9 21:22:10 2007] : (1) DM: he's gone
[Tue Jan 9 21:22:19 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc sorry :)
[Tue Jan 9 21:22:42 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra still looks hurt
[Tue Jan 9 21:22:47 2007] : (1) DM: You can attempt to follow him with a spot check
[Tue Jan 9 21:23:00 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc naa, he can go
[Tue Jan 9 21:23:08 2007] : (4) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [13,5] = (18)
[Tue Jan 9 21:23:11 2007] : (7) Lia: "I can't believe he was so..."
[Tue Jan 9 21:23:17 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22)
[Tue Jan 9 21:23:19 2007] : (7) Lia: "Ali, you need more healing?"
[Tue Jan 9 21:23:24 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Stupid?"
[Tue Jan 9 21:23:28 2007] : (2) Adrin: "Stupid?"
[Tue Jan 9 21:23:29 2007] : (7) Lia: Casts...: Cure Moderate Wounds: curing [2d8+5] -> [4,1,5] = (10)
[Tue Jan 9 21:23:41 2007] : (7) Lia: on Ali
[Tue Jan 9 21:23:43 2007] : (1) DM: Dan and Aliatra see him in the crowd to the east.
[Tue Jan 9 21:23:44 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Thank you, Lia"
[Tue Jan 9 21:23:56 2007] : (1) DM: Following?
[Tue Jan 9 21:24:02 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Yep
[Tue Jan 9 21:24:09 2007] : (7) Lia: "You're welcome, but I feel drained right there"
[Tue Jan 9 21:24:11 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "There goes the fool"
[Tue Jan 9 21:24:21 2007] : (7) Lia: "Are we going after him?"
[Tue Jan 9 21:24:23 2007] : (7) Lia: "Where?"
[Tue Jan 9 21:24:32 2007] : (2) Adrin: "Are we going to beat him up?"
[Tue Jan 9 21:24:36 2007] : (7) Lia: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
[Tue Jan 9 21:24:40 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra follows the trader
[Tue Jan 9 21:24:53 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Over there", pointing
[Tue Jan 9 21:25:14 2007] : (7) Lia: Lia follows her friends
[Tue Jan 9 21:25:26 2007] : (1) DM: You follow him through the crowds alongst two streets. More spot checks.
[Tue Jan 9 21:25:34 2007] : (2) Adrin: Adrin tags along
[Tue Jan 9 21:25:38 2007] : (2) Adrin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [20,5] = (25)
[Tue Jan 9 21:25:39 2007] : (7) Lia: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [20,5] = (25)
[Tue Jan 9 21:25:55 2007] : (4) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [17,5] = (22)
[Tue Jan 9 21:25:58 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [15,2] = (17)
[Tue Jan 9 21:26:22 2007] : (1) DM: You all see him enter a house further up the street.
[Tue Jan 9 21:26:53 2007] : (4) Dan: "Well, I think we should apprehend him and take him to the guards, right?"
[Tue Jan 9 21:27:14 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Sounds like a plan"
[Tue Jan 9 21:27:23 2007] : (2) Adrin: "....errr yeah, right"
[Tue Jan 9 21:28:05 2007] : (1) DM: This street is a row of 4 story tenements, with shabby woodwork and grimy windows.
[Tue Jan 9 21:29:02 2007] : (2) Adrin: "How about I go in first and hit him?"
[Tue Jan 9 21:29:21 2007] : (4) Dan: "Sounds like a plan"
[Tue Jan 9 21:29:29 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Why do you want to start hitting? Let's talk first, weapon in hand"
[Tue Jan 9 21:30:00 2007] : (2) Adrin: Shrug
[Tue Jan 9 21:30:14 2007] : (7) Lia: "Is there really something to talk about?"
[Tue Jan 9 21:30:54 2007] : (4) Dan: "OK, let's go"
[Tue Jan 9 21:31:34 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "We want to convince him to come quietly and if he doesn't want to, then we start hitting him"
[Tue Jan 9 21:31:54 2007] : (2) Adrin: "Fine. You talk"
[Tue Jan 9 21:32:10 2007] : (7) Lia: "Yes, you talk"
[Tue Jan 9 21:32:43 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra shrugs "If you want me to"
[Tue Jan 9 21:33:09 2007] : (2) Adrin: "I want to hit him. You want to tal"
[Tue Jan 9 21:34:01 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ""What can I say? I'm a woman of peace"
[Tue Jan 9 21:34:08 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra grins
[Tue Jan 9 21:34:26 2007] : (2) Adrin: Adrin rolls his eyes
[Tue Jan 9 21:34:33 2007] : (7) Lia: "Well, there soon won't be any more talking or beating up to do, for that matter, if we don't get in"
[Tue Jan 9 21:34:59 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra knocks on the door before trying to open it
[Tue Jan 9 21:35:07 2007] : (1) DM: No one answers
[Tue Jan 9 21:35:26 2007] : (1) DM: The door opens after sticking a little.
[Tue Jan 9 21:35:30 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc I didn't wait for an answer
[Tue Jan 9 21:35:43 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra goes in
[Tue Jan 9 21:35:50 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Hello?!"
[Tue Jan 9 21:36:19 2007] : (1) DM: Inside is a hallway with three doors leading out and a flight of crooked wooden stairs leading up.
[Tue Jan 9 21:36:23 2007] : (1) DM: Listen checks.
[Tue Jan 9 21:36:28 2007] : (4) Dan: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [19,5] = (24)
[Tue Jan 9 21:36:28 2007] : (2) Adrin: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [11,10] = (21)
[Tue Jan 9 21:36:35 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [15,2] = (17)
[Tue Jan 9 21:36:35 2007] : (7) Lia: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [16,6] = (22)
[Tue Jan 9 21:36:56 2007] : (7) Lia: Lia takes her sickle in hand
[Tue Jan 9 21:37:22 2007] : (1) DM: Dan, Adrin and Lia hear the sound of a door closing upstairs. Probably the 3rd (top) floor and the left hand side.
[Tue Jan 9 21:37:24 2007] : (2) Adrin: Adrin draws his sword, ready to 'talk'
[Tue Jan 9 21:37:59 2007] : (7) Lia: Lia whispers "upstairs, left"
[Tue Jan 9 21:38:22 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Let's go", softly
[Tue Jan 9 21:38:36 2007] : (2) Adrin: Adrin moves.. carefully
[Tue Jan 9 21:38:40 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan moves with the others, maintaining silence
[Tue Jan 9 21:38:47 2007] : (1) DM: Move silently checks for everyone
[Tue Jan 9 21:38:55 2007] : (1) DM: [1d20+2] -> [12,2] = (14)
[Tue Jan 9 21:38:58 2007] : (2) Adrin: ooc which one is the squeeky stair?
[Tue Jan 9 21:39:00 2007] : (2) Adrin: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [12,3] = (15)
[Tue Jan 9 21:39:13 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [5,-2] = (3)
[Tue Jan 9 21:39:32 2007] : (7) Lia: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
[Tue Jan 9 21:39:49 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc clang clong cling
[Tue Jan 9 21:39:55 2007] : (4) Dan: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
[Tue Jan 9 21:39:57 2007] : (2) Adrin: Adrin winces at the clatters
[Tue Jan 9 21:40:01 2007] : (1) DM: The stairs creak loudly.
[Tue Jan 9 21:41:01 2007] : (1) DM: You reach the top floor after three flights stairs.
[Tue Jan 9 21:41:12 2007] : (4) Dan: brb loo
[Tue Jan 9 21:42:39 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc back
[Tue Jan 9 21:42:52 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc wb
[Tue Jan 9 21:43:03 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Which door did you say?"
[Tue Jan 9 21:43:35 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan points left
[Tue Jan 9 21:43:39 2007] : (2) Adrin: Adrin points down the left
[Tue Jan 9 21:44:17 2007] : (1) DM: ooc which would actually the right as each flight makes a 180 deg turn. ;)
[Tue Jan 9 21:44:24 2007] : (1) DM: The door is closed.
[Tue Jan 9 21:44:42 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra goes to the door and tries to open it
[Tue Jan 9 21:44:56 2007] : (1) DM: It's locked or bolted from the otherside.
[Tue Jan 9 21:45:20 2007] : (2) Adrin: Adrin puts his shoulder to the door
[Tue Jan 9 21:45:24 2007] : (2) Adrin: Str check: [1d20+2] -> [16,2] = (18)
[Tue Jan 9 21:46:01 2007] : (1) DM: You force the door open.
[Tue Jan 9 21:46:14 2007] : (2) Adrin: "knock knock"
[Tue Jan 9 21:46:57 2007] : (1) DM: The room is of modest size and contains a few items of shabby furniture.
[Tue Jan 9 21:47:01 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Is he in?"
[Tue Jan 9 21:47:19 2007] : (1) DM: There's a chair in the centre of the room under a hatchway into the roof space.
[Tue Jan 9 21:47:36 2007] : (2) Adrin: "Looks like he's on the roof"
[Tue Jan 9 21:47:38 2007] : (4) Dan: "Onwards and upwards as they say"
[Tue Jan 9 21:47:41 2007] : (1) DM: There's no one in this room.
[Tue Jan 9 21:47:52 2007] : (4) Dan: "Or up in the loft area at least"
[Tue Jan 9 21:48:00 2007] : (2) Adrin: Adrin stands on the chair and opens the hatchway
[Tue Jan 9 21:48:04 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "I don't climb too well"
[Tue Jan 9 21:48:10 2007] : (1) DM: It's dark up there.
[Tue Jan 9 21:48:42 2007] : (2) Adrin: ooc I need darkvision goggles or something
[Tue Jan 9 21:49:07 2007] : (4) Dan: "Hold on"
[Tue Jan 9 21:49:09 2007] : (2) Adrin: Adrin tries to spot movement
[Tue Jan 9 21:49:15 2007] : (1) DM: Too dark
[Tue Jan 9 21:49:17 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "How about we just sit here and await his return?"
[Tue Jan 9 21:49:27 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan grabs something inconsequential in the room
[Tue Jan 9 21:49:30 2007] : (7) Lia: "well, frankly, we have other things to do"
[Tue Jan 9 21:49:40 2007] : (7) Lia: "So either we follow him, or we just forget about it"
[Tue Jan 9 21:49:55 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan casts Light on the object
[Tue Jan 9 21:50:10 2007] : (4) Dan: "Here you go Adrin"
[Tue Jan 9 21:50:13 2007] : (1) DM: It's a spoon.
[Tue Jan 9 21:50:25 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan passes the shining object to Adrin
[Tue Jan 9 21:50:29 2007] : (2) Adrin: "Oh, handy"
[Tue Jan 9 21:50:43 2007] : (2) Adrin: Adrin holds the spoon up and shields his eyes from it
[Tue Jan 9 21:51:07 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc lol@the spoon
[Tue Jan 9 21:51:22 2007] : (4) Dan: "I don't think that he did anything maliciously, but people need to learn that there are consequnces to stupid actions"
[Tue Jan 9 21:51:42 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra speaks a powerword and her ring lights up
[Tue Jan 9 21:51:53 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Who's going up first?"
[Tue Jan 9 21:52:15 2007] : (1) DM: Adrin with the light you can see scuff marks in the dust. There's enough space for a person to walk crouched down.
[Tue Jan 9 21:52:17 2007] : (2) Adrin: "Look. if you come down we wont hurt you. (mumble) much"
[Tue Jan 9 21:52:55 2007] : (2) Adrin: Adrin pulls himself up into the space
[Tue Jan 9 21:53:42 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra follows
[Tue Jan 9 21:54:10 2007] : (7) Lia: Lia follows
[Tue Jan 9 21:54:31 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan waits wondering how much weight a ceiling holds
[Tue Jan 9 21:54:40 2007] : (1) DM: You can also see a hole in each end wall that presumably leads into the adjacent blocks.
[Tue Jan 9 21:55:06 2007] : (2) Adrin: Adrin starts to follow the scuff marks
[Tue Jan 9 21:55:20 2007] : (1) DM: Someone make a survival roll to track the prints in the dust.
[Tue Jan 9 21:55:30 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan follows when he's sure that the others won't fall through
[Tue Jan 9 21:55:42 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [19,2] = (21)
[Tue Jan 9 21:55:44 2007] : (2) Adrin: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+9] -> [19,9] = (28)
[Tue Jan 9 21:56:24 2007] : (7) Lia: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [16,8] = (24)
[Tue Jan 9 21:56:32 2007] : (1) DM: You need the track feat.
[Tue Jan 9 21:56:48 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc, ok, I don't have it :P
[Tue Jan 9 21:56:56 2007] : (5) Aliatra: I don't have that
[Tue Jan 9 21:57:42 2007] : (1) DM: Adrin, do you have the track feat?
[Tue Jan 9 21:57:43 2007] : (2) Adrin: ooc :/
[Tue Jan 9 21:58:17 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc I find this crazy, frankly. Track is to follow tracks or find them if you don't have them right in front of you.
[Tue Jan 9 21:58:29 2007] : (2) Adrin: "I'm guessing he went through the gap"
[Tue Jan 9 21:58:41 2007] : (1) DM: There are many prints and marks in the dust. It's hard to tell which are the most recent.
[Tue Jan 9 21:58:47 2007] : (4) Dan: "I concur"
[Tue Jan 9 21:58:50 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc gotcha
[Tue Jan 9 21:58:54 2007] : (1) DM: There are gaps at both ends. Pick one.
[Tue Jan 9 21:58:59 2007] : (4) Dan: "But which one?"
[Tue Jan 9 21:59:13 2007] : (1) DM: Or conceed that you lost him.
[Tue Jan 9 21:59:32 2007] : (2) Adrin: Sigh
[Tue Jan 9 21:59:44 2007] : (2) Adrin: "Lets just wreck the place then"
[Tue Jan 9 22:00:10 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "And get arrested? No thanks"
[Tue Jan 9 22:00:58 2007] : (2) Adrin: "Ok, ok. Lets get out of here then"
[Tue Jan 9 22:01:18 2007] : (7) Lia: "yes, that's probably the best way"
[Tue Jan 9 22:01:29 2007] : (4) Dan: "OK, another one lost, but that's the way of it"
[Tue Jan 9 22:01:31 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "He'd better stay away from us thought" Loudly
[Tue Jan 9 22:01:36 2007] : (7) Lia: Lia turns back and goes back to the room
[Tue Jan 9 22:02:00 2007] : (4) Dan: "If only I'd memorized explosive runes this morning!"
[Tue Jan 9 22:02:10 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra turns back
[Tue Jan 9 22:02:11 2007] : (2) Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Jan 9 22:02:22 2007] : (2) Adrin: Adrin looks at Dan oddly
[Tue Jan 9 22:03:00 2007] : (1) DM: Searching the flat?
[Tue Jan 9 22:03:08 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Yep
[Tue Jan 9 22:03:25 2007] : (4) Dan: "Leave him a little note Adrin... BANG"
[Tue Jan 9 22:03:36 2007] : (1) DM: Search check.
[Tue Jan 9 22:03:41 2007] : (2) Adrin: "Ah, now that would be good"
[Tue Jan 9 22:03:45 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [10,2] = (12)
[Tue Jan 9 22:03:46 2007] : (4) Dan: "Still, you can't guarantee that he'd be the one reading it"
[Tue Jan 9 22:03:56 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan searches too.
[Tue Jan 9 22:03:59 2007] : (4) Dan: Search Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [18,7] = (25)
[Tue Jan 9 22:04:08 2007] : (7) Lia: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [17,2] = (19)
[Tue Jan 9 22:04:20 2007] : (1) DM: Dan, you find a door concealed behind an empty bookcase.
[Tue Jan 9 22:05:49 2007] : (1) DM: ?
[Tue Jan 9 22:06:13 2007] : (4) Dan: Hmm, there's a door here
[Tue Jan 9 22:06:13 2007] : (1) DM: ooc anyone there?
[Tue Jan 9 22:06:21 2007] : (4) Dan: "Hmm, there's a door here"
[Tue Jan 9 22:06:35 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Let's see what's on the other side"
[Tue Jan 9 22:06:36 2007] : (2) Adrin: "Open it"
[Tue Jan 9 22:06:39 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc sorry, Sam calle dme away for a moment
[Tue Jan 9 22:07:04 2007] : (4) Dan: "Let's see if I can see any traps or anything"
[Tue Jan 9 22:07:06 2007] : (4) Dan: Search Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
[Tue Jan 9 22:07:15 2007] : (1) DM: You don't find any traps.
[Tue Jan 9 22:07:29 2007] : (4) Dan: "Nothing that I can see"
[Tue Jan 9 22:07:39 2007] : (2) Adrin: "I'll open it then"
[Tue Jan 9 22:08:12 2007] : (2) Adrin: "Umm, wheres the handle?"
[Tue Jan 9 22:08:47 2007] : (4) Dan: "Just kick it?"
[Tue Jan 9 22:08:48 2007] : (1) DM: Right in front of you, can't you see it?
[Tue Jan 9 22:08:57 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc can I see it?
[Tue Jan 9 22:09:00 2007] : (2) Adrin: ooc its concealed!
[Tue Jan 9 22:09:12 2007] : (1) DM: The door is recessed.
[Tue Jan 9 22:09:17 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc the fantom handle
[Tue Jan 9 22:09:31 2007] : (2) Adrin: Adrin gives the door a push
[Tue Jan 9 22:10:03 2007] : (1) DM: ooc see amazing diagram above.
[Tue Jan 9 22:10:17 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 9 22:10:23 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc so with the bookcase removed, it's totally visible?
[Tue Jan 9 22:10:38 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Stop mocking about Adrin and open the damn door"
[Tue Jan 9 22:10:38 2007] : (1) DM: The door opens, revealing a small room stacked him in boxes and crates.
[Tue Jan 9 22:10:57 2007] : (1) DM: ooc yes.
[Tue Jan 9 22:11:19 2007] : (2) Adrin: ooc tsk, second rate hidden doors
[Tue Jan 9 22:12:19 2007] : (2) Adrin: Adrin starts looking in the boxes etc
[Tue Jan 9 22:13:00 2007] : (1) DM: The boxes are filled with assorted animal parts. Horns, skins, teeth and the like.
[Tue Jan 9 22:13:16 2007] : (7) Lia: "By teh ageless tree!"
[Tue Jan 9 22:13:24 2007] : (7) Lia: "This is contraband"
[Tue Jan 9 22:13:37 2007] : (4) Dan: "Hmm, looks like he wasn't bothered if the animals were alive or dead"
[Tue Jan 9 22:13:44 2007] : (7) Lia: "This man is using the animals, killing them to get thier parts"
[Tue Jan 9 22:13:52 2007] : (2) Adrin: "Maybe we could sell it"
[Tue Jan 9 22:13:55 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan looks at Lia in bemusement
[Tue Jan 9 22:14:02 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Any clues as to how he got those arrowhawks?"
[Tue Jan 9 22:14:02 2007] : (4) Dan: "Why is it contraband?"
[Tue Jan 9 22:14:15 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc Are they all CITES listed?
[Tue Jan 9 22:14:21 2007] : (7) Lia: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [7,8] = (15)
[Tue Jan 9 22:14:26 2007] : (1) DM: ooc I always store legit goods behind a hidden door. :P
[Tue Jan 9 22:14:40 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc oops, meant knowledge nature
[Tue Jan 9 22:14:45 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc it's maybe valuable, so better hidden :P
[Tue Jan 9 22:14:50 2007] : (7) Lia: trying to see what animals we are talking about
[Tue Jan 9 22:14:58 2007] : (7) Lia: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [1,8] = (9)
[Tue Jan 9 22:15:10 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc oh well.
[Tue Jan 9 22:15:44 2007] : (7) Lia: "Would you keep things behind a close door like this?"
[Tue Jan 9 22:15:59 2007] : (7) Lia: "Would you react the way he reacted when we had to kill those arrowhawks?"
[Tue Jan 9 22:16:04 2007] : (4) Dan: "Yes, if I thought people might be trying to find my valuables"
[Tue Jan 9 22:16:21 2007] : (4) Dan: "Yes, if they'd just nearly killed the crowd"
[Tue Jan 9 22:16:28 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "nd yes, if people destroyed my valuable property"
[Tue Jan 9 22:16:38 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc is that to say I don't recognize ANY of the stuff that's in there?
[Tue Jan 9 22:16:41 2007] : (1) DM: Big cats skins, boar tusks etc. etc.
[Tue Jan 9 22:16:42 2007] : (4) Dan: "What *I* wouldn't do is lead people back to where I'd stashed my valuables"
[Tue Jan 9 22:16:52 2007] : (1) DM: And some items you don't recognize.
[Tue Jan 9 22:17:11 2007] : (4) Dan: "But then, he's quite clearly a bit hard of thinking"
[Tue Jan 9 22:17:32 2007] : (7) Lia: Lia searches the room for any weird note, invoice, whatever could give her a better idea of what this guy is doing htere
[Tue Jan 9 22:17:38 2007] : (7) Lia: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [7,2] = (9)
[Tue Jan 9 22:17:53 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc hmm, a convenient paper trail? :P
[Tue Jan 9 22:18:05 2007] : (7) Lia: ooc what's with the 9, dammit
[Tue Jan 9 22:18:18 2007] : (1) DM: There's a ledger that has columns of figures. It's written with plenty of abbreviations so you don't understand what it means exactly.
[Tue Jan 9 22:18:32 2007] : (7) Lia: any prices?
[Tue Jan 9 22:18:56 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
[Tue Jan 9 22:19:04 2007] : (1) DM: Possibly. You don't understand the ledger enough to tell.
[Tue Jan 9 22:20:11 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan searches for an loose floorboards, or other convevnient hidey holes for cash
[Tue Jan 9 22:20:17 2007] : (4) Dan: Take 20 = 27
[Tue Jan 9 22:20:34 2007] : (1) DM: Nope.
[Tue Jan 9 22:22:06 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Are we leaving or staying?"
[Tue Jan 9 22:22:14 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan has a look at the ledger and tries his level best to decipher it
[Tue Jan 9 22:22:24 2007] : (4) Dan: Decipher Script Skill Check: [1d20+13] -> [18,13] = (31)
[Tue Jan 9 22:22:25 2007] : (2) Adrin: "I'm ready to leave. Nothing useful here"
[Tue Jan 9 22:22:41 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc woot!
[Tue Jan 9 22:23:18 2007] : (1) DM: Dan spends some time puzzling over the ledger.
[Tue Jan 9 22:23:19 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Not bad, not bad at all
[Tue Jan 9 22:23:48 2007] : (1) DM: The abbreviations appear to reffer to the type of animal and its valuble parts.
[Tue Jan 9 22:24:05 2007] : (2) Adrin: Adrin starts playing with the animal parts to pass the time
[Tue Jan 9 22:24:36 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan mutters to himself and makes annotations in pencil as he deciphers
[Tue Jan 9 22:25:03 2007] : (1) DM: One colum is a total cost (presumably of the live animal), there a few columns for deductions and a final column for the total sale price of the items.
[Tue Jan 9 22:25:04 2007] : (4) Dan: "Are we taking his hoard? To the watch if you want Lia."
[Tue Jan 9 22:25:30 2007] : (1) DM: Looking at the figures someone is clearly making a sweet profit.
[Tue Jan 9 22:25:30 2007] : (4) Dan: "This is quite grim reading"
[Tue Jan 9 22:25:45 2007] : (4) Dan: "There's a lot of money to be made in this racket"
[Tue Jan 9 22:25:59 2007] : (7) Lia: "Ah, now you call it racket!"
[Tue Jan 9 22:26:23 2007] : (4) Dan: "Well, at first I saw no evidence to the contrary."
[Tue Jan 9 22:26:32 2007] : (4) Dan: "Evidence is all important Lia"
[Tue Jan 9 22:26:56 2007] : (4) Dan: "So shall we take the lot to the watch?"
[Tue Jan 9 22:27:33 2007] : (2) Adrin: "If you want"
[Tue Jan 9 22:27:34 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Why not? At least let's take the ledger there"
[Tue Jan 9 22:27:56 2007] : (1) DM: There's too many boxes for you to move by hand.
[Tue Jan 9 22:28:08 2007] : (4) Dan: "This is the final part of the evidence, but we'd best take the animal parts, as they are the valuable merchandise"
[Tue Jan 9 22:29:23 2007] : (7) Lia: "well, we can't really take them all"
[Tue Jan 9 22:29:28 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "Let's not try and shift all of it. How about we leave most of it here and block the door somehow?"
[Tue Jan 9 22:29:31 2007] : (4) Dan: "Perhaps some of us should fetch the guard, while the others keep watch?"
[Tue Jan 9 22:29:51 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "That's a possibility as well"
[Tue Jan 9 22:30:42 2007] : (2) Adrin: Dan and Ali could go while Lia and I wait
[Tue Jan 9 22:31:03 2007] : (4) Dan: "That sounds reasonable Adrin"
[Tue Jan 9 22:31:12 2007] : (7) Lia: "Yes, I would study those animal parts"
[Tue Jan 9 22:31:18 2007] : (5) Aliatra: "I don't care either way, you just be watchfulk and careful"
[Tue Jan 9 22:32:36 2007] : (1) DM: Cutting a long story short...
[Tue Jan 9 22:32:38 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra takes the ledger and goes to the door of the room
[Tue Jan 9 22:33:00 2007] : (2) Adrin: Adrin puts his feet
[Tue Jan 9 22:33:05 2007] : (2) Adrin: ...up
[Tue Jan 9 22:33:11 2007] : (1) DM: You report your finding to the city watch who are very interested as they've been after the crook for some time.
[Tue Jan 9 22:33:42 2007] : (7) Lia: Lia studies the animal parts
[Tue Jan 9 22:34:06 2007] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra and Dan show the way to his flat
[Tue Jan 9 22:34:46 2007] : (4) Dan: ooc Reputation +1
[Tue Jan 9 22:34:54 2007] : (1) DM: The watch captain explains its a tax dodge to avoid the import tax on exotic animal products. The tax on live animals being considerably less due to some quirky law implemented by a long dead king who stocked a substatial menagerie.
[Tue Jan 9 22:34:56 2007] : (5) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Jan 9 22:34:57 2007] : (2) Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Jan 9 22:35:33 2007] : (4) Dan: Dan provides a key to the ledger for evidence
[Tue Jan 9 22:35:47 2007] : (1) DM: The captain supplies a reward of 400 gp and sends some men to collect all the merchandise.
[Tue Jan 9 22:36:11 2007] : (1) DM: That evening you return to the Giant's Boot.
[Tue Jan 9 22:36:13 2007] : (1) DM: GAME END