Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / The Dark Trade - 05 December 2006

[Tue Dec 05 20:48:33 2006] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Tue Dec 05 20:49:48 2006] : (1) DM: You're approximately 15 miles away from the capital city. You're in a region of properous farmland. Both arable crops of grazing for cattle and sheep.
[Tue Dec 05 20:50:47 2006] : (1) DM: It's early morning and the weather is fine if a little breezy.
[Tue Dec 05 20:52:23 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Looks like a prosperous country"
[Tue Dec 05 20:53:04 2006] : (4) Dan: "Hmm, do you know. It seems that I've been studying some of my spells so hard that I can prepare them without my spellbook now"
[Tue Dec 05 20:53:08 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc should I join now?
[Tue Dec 05 20:53:35 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes
[Tue Dec 05 20:53:57 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia walks toward the party. "Hi there!"
[Tue Dec 05 20:54:03 2006] : (4) Dan: "It's a great relief, since losing my spellbook would have rendered me unable to prepare any spells"
[Tue Dec 05 20:54:18 2006] : (4) Dan: "Hi Lia, where did you go to?"
[Tue Dec 05 20:54:26 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Nice Dan"
[Tue Dec 05 20:54:50 2006] : (6) Lia: As she approaches, you notice a fierce looking animal on her heels, one or two steps behind her
[Tue Dec 05 20:54:58 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Hello Lia, long time no see. Where did you dsiappear to>"
[Tue Dec 05 20:55:01 2006] : (6) Lia: "I went to fetch Moeki"
[Tue Dec 05 20:55:07 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Is that animal safe?"
[Tue Dec 05 20:55:11 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia points to the wolverine
[Tue Dec 05 20:55:16 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan pulls his cloak around him and stares at the creature
[Tue Dec 05 20:55:18 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia smiles.
[Tue Dec 05 20:55:28 2006] : (6) Lia: Yes, very. Friends, meet Moeki
[Tue Dec 05 20:55:33 2006] : (4) Dan: "Don't worry Freya, I won't let him eat you"
[Tue Dec 05 20:55:38 2006] : (6) Lia: "Moeki, meet my friends"
[Tue Dec 05 20:55:43 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Thats a pretty fierce looking animal"
[Tue Dec 05 20:56:02 2006] : (6) Lia: "Moeki will be travelling with me as of now."
[Tue Dec 05 20:56:20 2006] : (6) Lia: "Until I decide to release him"
[Tue Dec 05 20:56:31 2006] : (6) Lia: "Or he decides to go"
[Tue Dec 05 20:56:31 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Can he do tricks?"
[Tue Dec 05 20:56:44 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Last time we met an animal like that, we killed it"
[Tue Dec 05 20:56:47 2006] : (6) Lia: "He'll be a good friend in combat, although I hope there won't be too much of that"
[Tue Dec 05 20:57:00 2006] : (6) Lia: "I know Ali. But this one is a friend"
[Tue Dec 05 20:57:16 2006] : (6) Lia: "Well, he can listen to me and will help us"
[Tue Dec 05 20:57:17 2006] : (4) Dan: "The last one was a tad bigger, and had bony protuberances"
[Tue Dec 05 20:57:21 2006] : (6) Lia: "But i's no cicus animal"
[Tue Dec 05 20:57:31 2006] : (6) Lia: "Moeki is free, of sorts"
[Tue Dec 05 20:57:33 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc circus
[Tue Dec 05 20:57:35 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "No need to tell me, tell him!"
[Tue Dec 05 20:57:35 2006] : (4) Dan: "When I say a tad, I mean massively"
[Tue Dec 05 20:57:45 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Aww. Can't wait to see him in action"
[Tue Dec 05 20:57:58 2006] : (6) Lia: "So what have you been up to?"
[Tue Dec 05 20:59:44 2006] : (3) Adrin: "oh not much. Burying dead girls, banishing demons. Regular stuff"
[Tue Dec 05 20:59:56 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Nothing much, buried the girl, tried to destroy the dagger, barely escaped a fight with a fire elemental, came here"
[Tue Dec 05 21:00:08 2006] : (6) Lia: "Ok. Where are we heading to?"
[Tue Dec 05 21:00:12 2006] : (4) Dan: "Running away from creatures that come out of lava..."
[Tue Dec 05 21:00:18 2006] : (4) Dan: "You know, the usual"
[Tue Dec 05 21:01:15 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Oh yes, forgot about him. Friendly guy"
[Tue Dec 05 21:01:51 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Aliatra shrugs
[Tue Dec 05 21:02:11 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "He didn't try to kill us, which is friendly enough in my book"
[Tue Dec 05 21:02:25 2006] : (4) Dan: "Where we were heading to before. The capital city"
[Tue Dec 05 21:02:42 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan points to the city in the distance
[Tue Dec 05 21:03:06 2006] : (6) Lia: "Good. Let us go on then"
[Tue Dec 05 21:03:31 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc did any of us get that it was a fire elemental? I don't recall it being discussed.
[Tue Dec 05 21:03:58 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I said it was.
[Tue Dec 05 21:04:01 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc I think I said "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?"
[Tue Dec 05 21:04:30 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc I meant in character, I know I failed my knowledge plains check
[Tue Dec 05 21:04:48 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc plains?? It's a cabbage!
[Tue Dec 05 21:04:56 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc I forgot if we knew or not
[Tue Dec 05 21:05:15 2006] : (1) DM: ooc roll initiative. You're being attack by a field of brassicas.
[Tue Dec 05 21:05:35 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp
[Tue Dec 05 21:05:38 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc Aaaargh!
[Tue Dec 05 21:05:41 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc Aliatra runs for the hills
[Tue Dec 05 21:06:03 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc Adrin shakes his head and takes another drink
[Tue Dec 05 21:06:26 2006] : (4) Dan: "OK, onwards I guess. It's good to have you back Lia"
[Tue Dec 05 21:06:30 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Did this city have a name?
[Tue Dec 05 21:06:40 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc is that not our line?
[Tue Dec 05 21:06:50 2006] : (4) Dan: "Not so sure about that vicious looking beast, but I guess time will tell"
[Tue Dec 05 21:07:16 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Is it tame enough for a city?"
[Tue Dec 05 21:07:21 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "No beasts scare me, people do"
[Tue Dec 05 21:07:45 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan looks at Ali oddly
[Tue Dec 05 21:07:58 2006] : (6) Lia: "Actually, I have to agree with Ali"
[Tue Dec 05 21:08:17 2006] : (4) Dan: "I thought only Paladins were so fearless"
[Tue Dec 05 21:08:42 2006] : (4) Dan: "There's plenty of beasts out there that give me the fear"
[Tue Dec 05 21:08:44 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Animals are honest, they don't stab you in the back. People are more vicious than any beast"
[Tue Dec 05 21:08:53 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Everyone is afraid of something"
[Tue Dec 05 21:09:15 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "I'm cautious with them, but I don't tend to panic"
[Tue Dec 05 21:09:21 2006] : (4) Dan: "Oh, I see, you're referring to animals"
[Tue Dec 05 21:09:54 2006] : (1) DM: ooc You talk big, but when the time for Will Saves vs. Fear you'll be crying like the little girls you are ;)
[Tue Dec 05 21:10:03 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc geeeez
[Tue Dec 05 21:10:12 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc I HATE animal companions :(
[Tue Dec 05 21:10:12 2006] : (4) Dan: "When you say beasts, it puts me in mind of all beasts from animals to fearsome magical creatures"
[Tue Dec 05 21:10:38 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc just before I do something utterly wrong. We agree that the monster manual provides a level 1 Wolverine, right?
[Tue Dec 05 21:10:41 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Ah, I see where the misunderstanding comes from"
[Tue Dec 05 21:10:42 2006] : (4) Dan: "Emphasis on the fearsome"
[Tue Dec 05 21:10:52 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes.
[Tue Dec 05 21:10:57 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc k
[Tue Dec 05 21:11:08 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc why do 'fearless, reckless barbarians' have such crap will saves? :/
[Tue Dec 05 21:11:28 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc why what are you going to do wrong Del?
[Tue Dec 05 21:11:31 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc Because tehy're too stupid to know when to run away!
[Tue Dec 05 21:12:19 2006] : (6) Lia: [1d8] -> [6] = (6)
[Tue Dec 05 21:12:29 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc I'm trying to level up the damn thing ;)
[Tue Dec 05 21:12:35 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc a level 5 druid gets a standard wolverine.
[Tue Dec 05 21:12:50 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc haha
[Tue Dec 05 21:12:51 2006] : (6) Lia: ok
[Tue Dec 05 21:14:34 2006] : (1) DM: After some hours of travelling you reach the ciy of Sothven -- the capital city of this small kingdom. The city is dotted with several towers and spires and a impressive stone fortress occupies a commanding position over the city.
[Tue Dec 05 21:14:43 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc you can level it up when you do as it's classed as level -3 (i.e. at level 6 it's like you're 3rd level - so on the chart you get to add Evasion, 2 HD, +2 to Nat armour etc.)
[Tue Dec 05 21:15:07 2006] : (1) DM: From the small hillock you're standing on you can see the city sprawlled out below you in the broad river valley.
[Tue Dec 05 21:15:18 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Looks like a nice place"
[Tue Dec 05 21:15:32 2006] : (6) Lia: "By the way, before we go further, I need to tell you something"
[Tue Dec 05 21:15:33 2006] : (1) DM: Numerous ships and boats of all sizes and types ply their trade on the river.
[Tue Dec 05 21:15:36 2006] : (4) Dan: "Indeed, very lofty and lordly looking"
[Tue Dec 05 21:15:41 2006] : (6) Lia: "So that it does not scare you later on"
[Tue Dec 05 21:15:57 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Tell us already"
[Tue Dec 05 21:16:15 2006] : (6) Lia: "Our adventures have made me grow in my magical aptitude, and Mother Nature has granted me stronger skills"
[Tue Dec 05 21:16:16 2006] : (1) DM: The city has spread far beyond its old city walls which look like they've seem little use in recent years.
[Tue Dec 05 21:16:36 2006] : (6) Lia: "It could be that I change into an animal, if the need comes"
[Tue Dec 05 21:16:38 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "That is nice, isn't it?"
[Tue Dec 05 21:16:51 2006] : (3) Adrin: brb, phone
[Tue Dec 05 21:16:53 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Change in an animal? Really?"
[Tue Dec 05 21:17:01 2006] : (6) Lia: "I have been practicing and I am now mastering the skill"
[Tue Dec 05 21:17:03 2006] : (6) Lia: "Yes"
[Tue Dec 05 21:17:09 2006] : (6) Lia: "Nothing huge or scary"
[Tue Dec 05 21:17:13 2006] : (6) Lia: "But it can come in handy"
[Tue Dec 05 21:17:17 2006] : (6) Lia: "Just don't shoot me"
[Tue Dec 05 21:17:23 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia smiles
[Tue Dec 05 21:17:28 2006] : (4) Dan: "I'm sure that will come in very useful to us"
[Tue Dec 05 21:17:56 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Don't attack me and I won't shoot you. Deal?"
[Tue Dec 05 21:18:20 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Aliatra smiles
[Tue Dec 05 21:18:27 2006] : (6) Lia: "Deal"
[Tue Dec 05 21:18:41 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Aliatra shakes hands with Lia
[Tue Dec 05 21:19:28 2006] : (6) Lia: "Nice city indeed"
[Tue Dec 05 21:20:22 2006] : (4) Dan: "So let's get going"
[Tue Dec 05 21:20:53 2006] : (6) Lia: yes
[Tue Dec 05 21:21:04 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc sorry for bursting into your grat description dave ;)
[Tue Dec 05 21:21:40 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Aliatra walks on
[Tue Dec 05 21:22:39 2006] : (1) DM: People of all types throng the city streets and even the occasional dwarf or elf or gnome can be seen going about their business.
[Tue Dec 05 21:23:08 2006] : (1) DM: Peddlers hawk their wares and carters curse at the delays and blockages in the street.
[Tue Dec 05 21:24:30 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan looks faintly disturbed
[Tue Dec 05 21:24:33 2006] : (1) DM: One of the street merchants is selling newly printed copies of the daily news. The happenings of the day printed in stark black on the sheets of paper.
[Tue Dec 05 21:24:40 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Aliatra breathes deeply as she walks toe streets "I could live here"
[Tue Dec 05 21:24:40 2006] : (4) Dan: "This place, it's so big!"
[Tue Dec 05 21:24:51 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "It's wonderful!"
[Tue Dec 05 21:25:28 2006] : (6) Lia: "Indeed"
[Tue Dec 05 21:25:30 2006] : (4) Dan: "So many people all living on top of each other. How do they get fresh air?"
[Tue Dec 05 21:25:32 2006] : (1) DM: The headline of the paper catches your eye: "Westharbour tragedy!" as the seller shouts: "News, only a copper, get you news here!"
[Tue Dec 05 21:25:52 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan shies away from the man
[Tue Dec 05 21:25:58 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Who needs fresh ari? It's overrated"
[Tue Dec 05 21:26:09 2006] : (4) Dan: "Is there any need for the bellowing?"
[Tue Dec 05 21:26:11 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Aliatra buys a newspaper
[Tue Dec 05 21:26:18 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin flicks the man a copper
[Tue Dec 05 21:26:23 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin flicks the man a copper
[Tue Dec 05 21:26:56 2006] : (1) DM: The headline story covers the dramatic events in the town of Westharbour that occured yesterday.
[Tue Dec 05 21:27:20 2006] : (1) DM: The Duke and his wife are dead.
[Tue Dec 05 21:28:30 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin continues reading to find out more
[Tue Dec 05 21:28:40 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Right, this might lead to a political battle"
[Tue Dec 05 21:29:42 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Aliatra keeps on reading
[Tue Dec 05 21:29:58 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc showing off Adrin?
[Tue Dec 05 21:30:01 2006] : (1) DM: The duchess died in her sleep and the duke was stabbed in the town square.
[Tue Dec 05 21:30:17 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc Is that a euphemism?
[Tue Dec 05 21:30:18 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc Practice makes perfect :)
[Tue Dec 05 21:30:24 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Dec 05 21:30:33 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc guess what I was thinking!
[Tue Dec 05 21:30:54 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Fancy that, a duke was killed, I never!"
[Tue Dec 05 21:31:53 2006] : (3) Adrin: "I wonder who did it"
[Tue Dec 05 21:31:54 2006] : (1) DM: The killer have not be apprehended but the city guards under the command of the ex-duke's son, Bram are scouring the city. Thornton the eldest son is now the duke.
[Tue Dec 05 21:33:49 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Oh well, not our problem"
[Tue Dec 05 21:34:10 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "But is't nice to read about"
[Tue Dec 05 21:34:54 2006] : (1) DM: Another article covers the increasing political tensions in the town, with Thornton and Elinor the former Duke's daughter vying for power. With Elinor claiming Thornton is unfit to rule and Thornton claiming the right of rulership by virtue of being born first.
[Tue Dec 05 21:35:30 2006] : (4) Dan: "Is there no end to royal disputes in human lands?"
[Tue Dec 05 21:36:15 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "No, of course not, where would be the fun in that?"
[Tue Dec 05 21:36:56 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia smiles
[Tue Dec 05 21:37:07 2006] : (4) Dan: "You seem to have a perverse view of fun. I think this is sad. It's the poor who ultimately suffer"
[Tue Dec 05 21:37:23 2006] : (3) Adrin: "The poor always suffer"
[Tue Dec 05 21:37:50 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "What is the use of a ruling class if the can't provide their citizens with entertainment?"
[Tue Dec 05 21:38:14 2006] : (4) Dan: "That is true, but I guess you caould say that more are made poorer"
[Tue Dec 05 21:40:03 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Well, its still not our problem"
[Tue Dec 05 21:40:40 2006] : (4) Dan: "Fair enough"
[Tue Dec 05 21:41:10 2006] : (6) Lia: "So, what next?"
[Tue Dec 05 21:41:16 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Lets get somewhere to eat and rest. Then we can have a look round"
[Tue Dec 05 21:41:51 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Are we going to contact that guy captain Jack recommended or whill we be wise and forget about him?"
[Tue Dec 05 21:42:36 2006] : (1) DM: ooc that contact would be back in Westharbour.
[Tue Dec 05 21:42:40 2006] : (6) Lia: "Resting and eating sounds good"
[Tue Dec 05 21:42:41 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc "Objection! Leading the witness"
[Tue Dec 05 21:43:18 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "And a batj. I want a long soak and clean socks"
[Tue Dec 05 21:43:24 2006] : (2) Aliatra: bath
[Tue Dec 05 21:43:26 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Jack? I dont trust a word that came from his mouth"
[Tue Dec 05 21:44:12 2006] : (4) Dan: "Yes, I could do wit some time to study again"
[Tue Dec 05 21:44:41 2006] : (4) Dan: "Perhaps now is an opportunity to study your weapons and armour again?"
[Tue Dec 05 21:44:56 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc did we split all the money in the chest or is it in the kitty?
[Tue Dec 05 21:45:44 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I think Dan tossed it into the kitty
[Tue Dec 05 21:45:59 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc yes
[Tue Dec 05 21:46:43 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc I think I added my part in my sheet. How much was it again?
[Tue Dec 05 21:46:55 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc /me has no clue
[Tue Dec 05 21:47:17 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc Read the log! :)
[Tue Dec 05 21:47:22 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc 12232 gold pieces.
[Tue Dec 05 21:47:30 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc 3058 gp each
[Tue Dec 05 21:47:34 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc no idea, but I did say that I'd put it in the kitty
[Tue Dec 05 21:47:54 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc I had the log open
[Tue Dec 05 21:48:11 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc yes you did
[Tue Dec 05 21:48:34 2006] : (1) DM: ooc and apparently its weightless ;)
[Tue Dec 05 21:48:37 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc Adjusted my sheet and made myself a lot poorer
[Tue Dec 05 21:48:39 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc :)
[Tue Dec 05 21:50:09 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc how about we pretend Car got killed, so we took all his stuff and sold it? :)
[Tue Dec 05 21:50:23 2006] : (1) DM: ooc tsk!
[Tue Dec 05 21:50:35 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc DM disapproval :(
[Tue Dec 05 21:50:53 2006] : (4) Dan: "We can split the loot in the kitty up, if we all want to go shopping"
[Tue Dec 05 21:51:32 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Yeah, but not all of it"
[Tue Dec 05 21:51:34 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc Who cares what the DM thinks ;)
[Tue Dec 05 21:51:47 2006] : (6) Lia: "Yes, that would be a good idea. I would like to shop for potion ingredients"
[Tue Dec 05 21:51:49 2006] : (4) Dan: "How much should we leave in the kitty?"
[Tue Dec 05 21:51:53 2006] : (6) Lia: "And exert my skill a bit"
[Tue Dec 05 21:51:55 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "I need to find myself a temple tomorrow"
[Tue Dec 05 21:52:17 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc Have you seen the prerequisites fro craft alchemy?
[Tue Dec 05 21:52:17 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Why do we need a kitty?"
[Tue Dec 05 21:52:26 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc and brew potion
[Tue Dec 05 21:52:32 2006] : (1) DM: ooc no. what are they?
[Tue Dec 05 21:52:52 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc how about 2500 gp each. Leaves 2486
[Tue Dec 05 21:52:55 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc pretty harsh - i.e. hardly worth it
[Tue Dec 05 21:53:06 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc damned or do we mean XP stuff?
[Tue Dec 05 21:53:20 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc cos I remember the DM saying he would not take XP
[Tue Dec 05 21:54:34 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc nope, just the ordinary stuff - it takes ages
[Tue Dec 05 21:54:42 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc right.
[Tue Dec 05 21:54:50 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc :(
[Tue Dec 05 21:54:57 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc there are no good feats for a druid :(
[Tue Dec 05 21:55:16 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc actually 'Brew potion' isn't that hard
[Tue Dec 05 21:55:25 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc thought so
[Tue Dec 05 21:55:32 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc isn't there one for casting in wild form?
[Tue Dec 05 21:55:51 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc IMO, that's pure cheese
[Tue Dec 05 21:56:12 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc yes, but I would take it at 6th level
[Tue Dec 05 21:56:17 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I thought that was my line.
[Tue Dec 05 21:56:55 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Mr Mithral Buckler +5 of cheesiness ;)
[Tue Dec 05 21:57:20 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc they nerfed polymorph self in 3.5e, then gave a more powerful version to druids - huh?
[Tue Dec 05 21:57:22 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc sniff sniff
[Tue Dec 05 21:58:04 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc so, brew potion or weapon finesse?
[Tue Dec 05 21:58:12 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc /me never chose a feat at 3rd level
[Tue Dec 05 21:58:21 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc do you get a feat at 5th level?
[Tue Dec 05 21:58:23 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc or 4th, whatever it was
[Tue Dec 05 22:00:05 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc 3rd
[Tue Dec 05 22:00:10 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc sorry, never saw th eline about 3rd level
[Tue Dec 05 22:00:19 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc feats are crap :(
[Tue Dec 05 22:00:22 2006] : (1) DM: You find a suitable looking inn on the main market square, it's called the Giant's Boot Inn" and does reasonable, clean rooms and decent food for 1 sp a night
[Tue Dec 05 22:00:39 2006] : (6) Lia: "Finally something decent, both in price and shape"
[Tue Dec 05 22:00:56 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Let's just hope the lice are clean"
[Tue Dec 05 22:01:03 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc would a wolverine follow in a city? I'm not so sure...
[Tue Dec 05 22:01:30 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc are we all taking Bert's suggeation of 2500gp each?
[Tue Dec 05 22:01:36 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin gets a room and a good meal and is ready to have a look round
[Tue Dec 05 22:01:45 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc Yep, sounds good
[Tue Dec 05 22:02:09 2006] : (4) Dan: "Wow, seems this is a buyers market as far as accommodation is concerened"
[Tue Dec 05 22:02:39 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan gets a room and a meal too
[Tue Dec 05 22:02:39 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin looks at Dan blankly
[Tue Dec 05 22:02:55 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia eats and drinks a little
[Tue Dec 05 22:03:04 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Aliatra gets a room, a bath and a meal
[Tue Dec 05 22:03:05 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc and a room as well
[Tue Dec 05 22:04:13 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc dave, sending you my lvl 5 node
[Tue Dec 05 22:04:56 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I still have level 4 nodes for Adrin and Dan.
[Tue Dec 05 22:05:29 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc how about we do shopping for kit out of game and then send them next time?
[Tue Dec 05 22:05:40 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc I sent you my level 5
[Tue Dec 05 22:06:48 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc shopping out of game is a good idea
[Tue Dec 05 22:06:54 2006] : (1) DM: ooc shop now if you like nothing's going to happen.
[Tue Dec 05 22:07:21 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Aliatra goes off to find a temple
[Tue Dec 05 22:07:54 2006] : (1) DM: There are a few temples and churches.
[Tue Dec 05 22:08:28 2006] : (4) Dan: "Should we not see if we can get someone to pick up and deliver our ingots?"
[Tue Dec 05 22:09:02 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Worth a try. They're worth quite a bit"
[Tue Dec 05 22:10:06 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "I want to make sure I get my strength back first"
[Tue Dec 05 22:10:48 2006] : (2) Aliatra: 'Or strength, not really that, but I do feel weak"
[Tue Dec 05 22:11:05 2006] : (2) Aliatra: [1d6] -> [6] = (6)
[Tue Dec 05 22:11:15 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc Oops
[Tue Dec 05 22:11:26 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc if I create a CLW potion, caster level decides of the bonus? Or is it going to be always +1 ?
[Tue Dec 05 22:11:46 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Your caster level.
[Tue Dec 05 22:12:06 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc nope CLW is +1
[Tue Dec 05 22:12:14 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc but I can schose the caster level while making the potion, as long as it's smaller than mine
[Tue Dec 05 22:12:23 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc Unless you brew it as level 3, but then it costs 3 times as much to make
[Tue Dec 05 22:12:23 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc CLW as a standard potion
[Tue Dec 05 22:12:34 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc but homebrewed? ;)
[Tue Dec 05 22:12:50 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc Moonshine? ;)
[Tue Dec 05 22:13:07 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc sorry Del, you are right, we are at crossed purposes
[Tue Dec 05 22:13:21 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc k
[Tue Dec 05 22:13:39 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc what I meant was it's only worth doing it as a level 1 spell
[Tue Dec 05 22:13:40 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc Dave, applying a mmalus since I don't need to scacrifice Xp?
[Tue Dec 05 22:13:48 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc I would be ok with a higher base price or something
[Tue Dec 05 22:14:04 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc well, yes, I suppose
[Tue Dec 05 22:14:05 2006] : (1) DM: ooc applying a what?
[Tue Dec 05 22:14:32 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan goes looking for a mithral shield
[Tue Dec 05 22:14:43 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc malus - an apple?
[Tue Dec 05 22:15:43 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc bonus=/= malus
[Tue Dec 05 22:15:49 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc French word
[Tue Dec 05 22:15:53 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Quick, I need a rule that will cripple the effectiveness of a buckler for someone not profecient in shields.
[Tue Dec 05 22:16:15 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc lol
[Tue Dec 05 22:16:28 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc you can house rule it as cheese
[Tue Dec 05 22:16:36 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc rule #1 If the DM says it, its true
[Tue Dec 05 22:16:55 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc How much does it cost to restore my Con damage?
[Tue Dec 05 22:17:23 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc I think that should come form the kitty
[Tue Dec 05 22:18:02 2006] : (1) DM: ooc It just seems wrong that a tiny buckler provides protection when you don't even know how to use one. A big shield I can understand as being usable by a rookie but not a buckler.
[Tue Dec 05 22:18:02 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc Nobody mentiioned that so Aliatra isn't counting on it
[Tue Dec 05 22:18:05 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc unless its more than we have, in which case you're on your own
[Tue Dec 05 22:18:48 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc ok for me to get that from the kitty
[Tue Dec 05 22:18:53 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc or at least part of it
[Tue Dec 05 22:19:09 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc it only works in melee I think
[Tue Dec 05 22:19:20 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc Nobody answered Aliatra's question about the kitty either, she doesn't know what that money might be used for
[Tue Dec 05 22:19:47 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Hmm. that's not so bad then.
[Tue Dec 05 22:19:49 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc I could understand the mithral buckler having no check penalty regardless of proficiency, but there must be some penalty to AC
[Tue Dec 05 22:20:09 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc actually it doesn't say that, which is odd
[Tue Dec 05 22:20:19 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc maybe I'm just narked at a mage having a better AC than me :P
[Tue Dec 05 22:20:31 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc I'm pretty sure that that's how they actually work, more of a parrying surface
[Tue Dec 05 22:21:06 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc if I understand the brew potion stuff. lvl 1 spell,; with lvl 1 caster level= 1x1x50 GP+1/2 of 50 = 75 GP right?
[Tue Dec 05 22:21:34 2006] : (1) DM: ooc it ought to say that,
[Tue Dec 05 22:22:02 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc umm - It's 1/2(caster level * spell level * 50) IIRC
[Tue Dec 05 22:22:21 2006] : (1) DM: ooc = 25 GP.
[Tue Dec 05 22:23:35 2006] : (4) Dan: If Lia's brewing potions, then I'm scribing some scrolls
[Tue Dec 05 22:23:36 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc base price is spell levelx caster level x 50 GP + 1/2 of base price in components
[Tue Dec 05 22:24:09 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc Can I get an answer to my question please? How much does it cost me to get cured?
[Tue Dec 05 22:24:27 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc should be in the bDMG under restoration stuff
[Tue Dec 05 22:24:58 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you're misunderstanding the rules. The cost is just the raw material cost plus time taken.
[Tue Dec 05 22:25:04 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc err, that doesn't make sense, is there a material component to the CLW spell?
[Tue Dec 05 22:25:25 2006] : (1) DM: ooc The base price is how much they cost to buy on the open market.
[Tue Dec 05 22:25:45 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc ohhhh gotcha
[Tue Dec 05 22:26:00 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc coool :)
[Tue Dec 05 22:27:10 2006] : (4) Dan: Dan sits in his room for a bit and scribes spells into his spellbook
[Tue Dec 05 22:27:16 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc not scrolls!
[Tue Dec 05 22:29:55 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc how long does this take?
[Tue Dec 05 22:30:21 2006] : (4) Dan: ooc 3 days for me - one day per potion for you
[Tue Dec 05 22:31:05 2006] : (4) Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [2,15] = (17)
[Tue Dec 05 22:31:08 2006] : (4) Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [2,15] = (17)
[Tue Dec 05 22:31:10 2006] : (4) Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [16,15] = (31)
[Tue Dec 05 22:31:18 2006] : (4) Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [17,15] = (32)
[Tue Dec 05 22:31:20 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I think we'll end it here and instead have a discussion about what you (as players) what to do since clearly unravelling political assasiniation doesn't interest you.
[Tue Dec 05 22:31:25 2006] : (1) DM: GAME END