Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / The Dark Trade - 14 November 2006

[Tue Nov 14 19:29:20 2006] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Tue Nov 14 19:29:54 2006] : (1) DM: You're in a demonologists underground lair where he conducted experiments and research.
[Tue Nov 14 19:30:37 2006] : (1) DM: The wizard is carefully tied up and there's a angry vrock bound by a summoning ritual in the summoning chamber.
[Tue Nov 14 19:31:05 2006] : (6) Adrin: "So, are we going to throw that wizard to the demon or not?"
[Tue Nov 14 19:31:11 2006] : (5) Dan: "Let me think, let me think"
[Tue Nov 14 19:31:16 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "The wizard will live. Are we going to force him to help us?"
[Tue Nov 14 19:31:45 2006] : (5) Dan: "I'm not sure that we can trust him. I think that the second option may be our best bet"
[Tue Nov 14 19:31:47 2006] : (7) Lia: "It would be good. But will he help?"
[Tue Nov 14 19:31:56 2006] : (7) Lia: "I tend to agree with Dan"
[Tue Nov 14 19:32:33 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "I am quite sure he will try to double cross him, but we have means to discover how sincere he is, don't we?"
[Tue Nov 14 19:32:39 2006] : (6) Adrin: "We could threaten to hand him over. Might make him more helpful"
[Tue Nov 14 19:32:40 2006] : (2) Aliatra: us
[Tue Nov 14 19:33:22 2006] : (5) Dan: Dan has a think about magic
[Tue Nov 14 19:33:31 2006] : (5) Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+14] -> [13,14] = (27)
[Tue Nov 14 19:33:45 2006] : (6) Adrin: "In any case, where are we going to get all that stuff?"
[Tue Nov 14 19:34:00 2006] : (7) Lia: "a city would be a good start"
[Tue Nov 14 19:35:02 2006] : (5) Dan: "OK, I have half of it"
[Tue Nov 14 19:35:07 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "How about we search this place for whatever is here"
[Tue Nov 14 19:35:30 2006] : (5) Dan: "I can summon my celestial dog, his bodily fluids should do us for the celestial water"
[Tue Nov 14 19:35:33 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "What do we still need you haven't got, Dan?"
[Tue Nov 14 19:35:35 2006] : (7) Lia: "That would be an even better start"
[Tue Nov 14 19:35:48 2006] : (6) Adrin: "As long as he stayd away from my leg!"
[Tue Nov 14 19:35:51 2006] : (5) Dan: "We need the dust from the plane of shadow"
[Tue Nov 14 19:36:11 2006] : (5) Dan: "Lia, shadow and etherial magic is your domain"
[Tue Nov 14 19:36:42 2006] : (2) Aliatra: [1d4] -> [1] = (1)
[Tue Nov 14 19:37:12 2006] : (7) Lia: "hmmm"
[Tue Nov 14 19:37:28 2006] : (1) DM: ooc druids believe their magic comes from nature and probably wouldn't take kindy to what Dan just said.
[Tue Nov 14 19:37:45 2006] : (7) Lia: "That is a strange thing to say."
[Tue Nov 14 19:37:57 2006] : (5) Dan: ooc oops, would I even know that actually?
[Tue Nov 14 19:38:12 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Similarly, cleric believe their magic comes from the gods (which don't exist) rather than the +ve and -ve energy and elemental planes.
[Tue Nov 14 19:38:46 2006] : (1) DM: ooc No you would not, Dan. How magic actually works is advanced knowledge.
[Tue Nov 14 19:38:51 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc The gods do so exist!
[Tue Nov 14 19:39:21 2006] : (1) DM: ooc um. No they don't.
[Tue Nov 14 19:39:29 2006] : (7) Lia: ooc lol
[Tue Nov 14 19:39:34 2006] : (7) Lia: ooc let's have a crusade
[Tue Nov 14 19:39:43 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc They do too :P
[Tue Nov 14 19:41:05 2006] : (1) DM: ooc someone needs to suggest going ghost hunting...
[Tue Nov 14 19:41:35 2006] : (7) Lia: "I sdon't think I would know anything about this. But we might want to try and find shadows?"
[Tue Nov 14 19:41:49 2006] : (5) Dan: "Hmm, I guess that would work"
[Tue Nov 14 19:41:53 2006] : (6) Adrin: "I've got one at my feet"
[Tue Nov 14 19:41:55 2006] : (7) Lia: "With all the strange creatures we've come across, we're bound to find some"
[Tue Nov 14 19:42:07 2006] : (7) Lia: Lia chuckles
[Tue Nov 14 19:42:15 2006] : (7) Lia: "Not these, I reckon, Adrin"
[Tue Nov 14 19:43:01 2006] : (6) Adrin: "Oh, Ok"
[Tue Nov 14 19:43:05 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you have fought shadows in the past so you know what they are.
[Tue Nov 14 19:43:35 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "I hate fighting those creatures. They sap my strength"
[Tue Nov 14 19:43:41 2006] : (7) Lia: "They do"
[Tue Nov 14 19:43:53 2006] : (7) Lia: "Well, how about resting and then going to hunt for some of those?"
[Tue Nov 14 19:43:55 2006] : (5) Dan: "I have to admit, our past attempts at killing them were not hugely successful"
[Tue Nov 14 19:43:59 2006] : (7) Lia: "What do we do with this wizard?"
[Tue Nov 14 19:44:14 2006] : (5) Dan: "Damned nuisance"
[Tue Nov 14 19:44:20 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Let hin live, for now"
[Tue Nov 14 19:44:23 2006] : (6) Adrin: "Oh, THOSE shadows. Didn't like that thing much"
[Tue Nov 14 19:44:43 2006] : (5) Dan: ooc brb loo
[Tue Nov 14 19:45:39 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Anybody need healing before we rest?"
[Tue Nov 14 19:46:12 2006] : (6) Adrin: "Are you tired?"
[Tue Nov 14 19:46:14 2006] : (5) Dan: "Yes, I am still quite badly burned"
[Tue Nov 14 19:46:34 2006] : (5) Dan: "I don't feel the need for rest yet though"
[Tue Nov 14 19:46:40 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "This is my last one for the day"
[Tue Nov 14 19:47:08 2006] : (2) Aliatra: [1d8+1] -> [7,1] = (8)
[Tue Nov 14 19:47:10 2006] : (5) Dan: ooc we wouldn't recover spells anyway, you only get them back every 24 hours
[Tue Nov 14 19:47:23 2006] : (5) Dan: "Thankyou Ali"
[Tue Nov 14 19:47:26 2006] : (6) Adrin: ooc damn you Baldurs Gate!!
[Tue Nov 14 19:47:37 2006] : (5) Dan: Dan's wounds are all healed
[Tue Nov 14 19:48:03 2006] : (7) Lia: ooc +1 against BG
[Tue Nov 14 19:48:12 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Dear stupid rule. you're no longer welcome here. Signed, The DM.
[Tue Nov 14 19:48:22 2006] : (6) Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Nov 14 19:49:00 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I don't think we need rules to slow the game down even more ;)
[Tue Nov 14 19:50:24 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Nov 14 19:50:59 2006] : (5) Dan: "OK, let's rest now, then go looking for a shadow"
[Tue Nov 14 19:51:12 2006] : (7) Lia: "I think it makes sense. I am drained"
[Tue Nov 14 19:51:17 2006] : (6) Adrin: "How long will that ring hold the demon?"
[Tue Nov 14 19:51:28 2006] : (7) Lia: "I would hope more than a few hours"
[Tue Nov 14 19:51:33 2006] : (7) Lia: "otherwise we're doomed"
[Tue Nov 14 19:51:54 2006] : (5) Dan: "Actually, I may as welol obtain the celestial fluids before I rest"
[Tue Nov 14 19:52:04 2006] : (1) DM: ooc several weeks at least.
[Tue Nov 14 19:52:06 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Aliatra casts a couple of Cure Minor Wounds on herself
[Tue Nov 14 19:52:32 2006] : (5) Dan: Casts Augmented Summon Monster II - Celestial Riding Dog (Medium magical beast): 17hp; 5 resist on acid cold and elec; AC= 15; SR = 7; Darkvision; Speed 40ft
Celestial Riding Dog attack (Smite evil) Bite [1d20+5] -> [17,5] = (22) ==> Damage: [1d6+7] -> [5,7] = (12) (treat as magical; -2 damage if not evil)

[Tue Nov 14 19:53:34 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc Better change that, summoning takes up a full round, you know
[Tue Nov 14 19:53:35 2006] : (5) Dan: Dan attempts to get the dog to slobber so that he can collect it in a phial
[Tue Nov 14 19:53:35 2006] : (1) DM: ooc which fluid are you going to collect, bearing in mind you only have 30 seconds.
[Tue Nov 14 19:53:58 2006] : (5) Dan: Dan holds up food in front of it
[Tue Nov 14 19:54:23 2006] : (1) DM: You collect a few drops of celesial dog drool. You think that when dilluted it will be sufficient.
[Tue Nov 14 19:55:08 2006] : (5) Dan: Dog disappears after 24 seconds of drool collection
[Tue Nov 14 19:55:49 2006] : (5) Dan: "Just to be sure"
[Tue Nov 14 19:55:59 2006] : (5) Dan: Casts Augmented Summon Monster I - Celestial Dog (Small magical beast): 8hp; 5 resist on acid cold and elec; AC= 15; SR = 6; Darkvision; Speed 40ft
Celestial Dog attack (Smite evil) Bite [1d20+4] -> [12,4] = (16) ==> Damage: [1d4+4] -> [1,4] = (5) (treat as magical; -1 to damage if not evil)

[Tue Nov 14 19:56:17 2006] : (5) Dan: Dan repeats the luring with food spectacle
[Tue Nov 14 19:56:55 2006] : (1) DM: A another few drops.
[Tue Nov 14 19:57:23 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "You're getting quite good at this"
[Tue Nov 14 19:57:47 2006] : (6) Adrin: "You could start a circus"
[Tue Nov 14 19:57:49 2006] : (7) Lia: "indeed"
[Tue Nov 14 19:57:53 2006] : (7) Lia: ooc lol
[Tue Nov 14 19:58:08 2006] : (5) Dan: "OK, hopefully that's enough celestial water"
[Tue Nov 14 19:58:40 2006] : (5) Dan: Dan scrapes the drool on his hands into the phial too, then washes his hands
[Tue Nov 14 19:59:59 2006] : (7) Lia: ooc are we far down?
[Tue Nov 14 20:00:07 2006] : (7) Lia: ooc /me don't remember
[Tue Nov 14 20:00:32 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you can't tell since you travelled quite aways underground.
[Tue Nov 14 20:00:36 2006] : (5) Dan: ooc we're quite deep underground, if that's what you mean
[Tue Nov 14 20:00:41 2006] : (1) DM: ooc a dwarf could probably guess.
[Tue Nov 14 20:01:11 2006] : (6) Adrin: ooc either way it takes a while to get back to the surface
[Tue Nov 14 20:03:57 2006] : (5) Dan: "So do we rest here, or back upstairs?"
[Tue Nov 14 20:04:11 2006] : (5) Dan: "And again, do we take the wizard with us?"
[Tue Nov 14 20:04:28 2006] : (5) Dan: "We could take him to be guarded by the woodsmen"
[Tue Nov 14 20:04:28 2006] : (6) Adrin: "I say stay here. No point trudging up and back and it lets us keep an eye on thon thing"
[Tue Nov 14 20:04:49 2006] : (5) Dan: "But we still need to get the dust from the shadow realm"
[Tue Nov 14 20:05:15 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Let's finish our business here before we go up again"
[Tue Nov 14 20:05:40 2006] : (6) Adrin: "True. Its up to the softies that need a rest I suppose"
[Tue Nov 14 20:06:06 2006] : (5) Dan: "How Ali?"
[Tue Nov 14 20:06:41 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "I mean I agree with Adrin, let's not go running around like mad"
[Tue Nov 14 20:07:12 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "And keeping an eye on that demon seems wise as well"
[Tue Nov 14 20:07:49 2006] : (5) Dan: "Well, I doubt "Well, we can either keep an eye on it or try to find a way to banish it"
[Tue Nov 14 20:08:10 2006] : (5) Dan: "Staying here means we have to try the two dangerous options"
[Tue Nov 14 20:08:20 2006] : (5) Dan: "I am not about to try to speak abyssal"
[Tue Nov 14 20:08:21 2006] : (7) Lia: "true"
[Tue Nov 14 20:08:33 2006] : (5) Dan: "And I don't trust the wizard one jot"
[Tue Nov 14 20:08:57 2006] : (5) Dan: "Speaking of which, before we go anywhere, I will confiscate his spellbook"
[Tue Nov 14 20:08:59 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Dan, I just meant rest here, find and fight a shadow and banish that abomination. And while we are here keep an eye on it"
[Tue Nov 14 20:09:11 2006] : (5) Dan: Dan goes and looks for it in the anteroom"
[Tue Nov 14 20:09:23 2006] : (5) Dan: Dan goes and looks for it in the anteroom
[Tue Nov 14 20:10:08 2006] : (1) DM: You find it. It has spells in it apparently.
[Tue Nov 14 20:10:49 2006] : (5) Dan: Dan wraps it up for later
[Tue Nov 14 20:10:58 2006] : (5) Dan: "OK, let's rest here as Ali says"
[Tue Nov 14 20:11:07 2006] : (7) Lia: "agreed"
[Tue Nov 14 20:11:10 2006] : (5) Dan: Dan settles down to rest
[Tue Nov 14 20:11:13 2006] : (7) Lia: "Let's keep some kind of watch"
[Tue Nov 14 20:11:20 2006] : (7) Lia: "I'll watch first"
[Tue Nov 14 20:12:03 2006] : (6) Adrin: "I'll watch whenever"
[Tue Nov 14 20:12:05 2006] : (1) DM: watching what?
[Tue Nov 14 20:12:15 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "I'll take any watch"
[Tue Nov 14 20:12:23 2006] : (5) Dan: "I'll be awake for much of the night anyway, but just resting"
[Tue Nov 14 20:12:29 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc The demon, wizard and environment
[Tue Nov 14 20:12:44 2006] : (5) Dan: Dan watches the Vrock in the magic circle
[Tue Nov 14 20:13:33 2006] : (1) DM: The vrock watches back.
[Tue Nov 14 20:14:09 2006] : (1) DM: 8 uneventful hours later...
[Tue Nov 14 20:14:32 2006] : (7) Lia: the wizard
[Tue Nov 14 20:15:48 2006] : (5) Dan: "OK, so now do we take the wizard with us?"
[Tue Nov 14 20:16:14 2006] : (5) Dan: "Drop him off with the wood people and see if they know of any haunted areas of wood?"
[Tue Nov 14 20:16:15 2006] : (6) Adrin: "No sense leaving him here"
[Tue Nov 14 20:16:15 2006] : (7) Lia: "Well, what are the odds that he frees the demon?"
[Tue Nov 14 20:16:29 2006] : (7) Lia: "Right"
[Tue Nov 14 20:16:48 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "We don't know how mad he is, do we? But he was mad enough to summon a demon"
[Tue Nov 14 20:17:41 2006] : (6) Adrin: "How do we know he's mad?"
[Tue Nov 14 20:18:13 2006] : (5) Dan: "I just think he's lost all sense of what's good and right behaviour"
[Tue Nov 14 20:18:24 2006] : (5) Dan: "Not that he's lost his mind"
[Tue Nov 14 20:18:28 2006] : (6) Adrin: Adrin snorts
[Tue Nov 14 20:19:05 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Summoning creatures like that is not the work of a mad man? What sane person would attempt it, all by himself?"
[Tue Nov 14 20:19:25 2006] : (5) Dan: "One that has it trapped in a magic cirlce"
[Tue Nov 14 20:20:40 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Why is that being sane? You can't use it for anything while it's in that circle so why even attempt to summon it?"
[Tue Nov 14 20:20:53 2006] : (6) Adrin: Adrin picks up the bound wizard and carries him toward the exit
[Tue Nov 14 20:21:52 2006] : (5) Dan: "Sure you can. You can obtain information. You can promise it service in return for its aid"
[Tue Nov 14 20:21:55 2006] : (1) DM: Any one heading out make listen checks.
[Tue Nov 14 20:22:07 2006] : (5) Dan: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [8,5] = (13)
[Tue Nov 14 20:22:08 2006] : (6) Adrin: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [14,10] = (24)
[Tue Nov 14 20:22:18 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [6,1] = (7)
[Tue Nov 14 20:22:43 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Aliatra shrugs as she moves on
[Tue Nov 14 20:23:29 2006] : (5) Dan: "What's that rumbling noise?"
[Tue Nov 14 20:23:43 2006] : (5) Dan: Knowledge: Geography Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [10,6] = (16)
[Tue Nov 14 20:23:44 2006] : (6) Adrin: "Eh?"
[Tue Nov 14 20:23:45 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "What rumbling noise?"
[Tue Nov 14 20:23:50 2006] : (7) Lia: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [11,6] = (17)
[Tue Nov 14 20:24:36 2006] : (1) DM: ooc it's not geographical
[Tue Nov 14 20:24:37 2006] : (7) Lia: "I heard something, but not so clearly as to say that it is a rumbling noise..."
[Tue Nov 14 20:24:46 2006] : (6) Adrin: "I hear it now. Its coming form the passageway"
[Tue Nov 14 20:24:46 2006] : (5) Dan: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [19,10] = (29)
[Tue Nov 14 20:24:54 2006] : (7) Lia: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [3,8] = (11)
[Tue Nov 14 20:25:01 2006] : (6) Adrin: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
[Tue Nov 14 20:25:10 2006] : (7) Lia: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [16,3] = (19)
[Tue Nov 14 20:25:13 2006] : (1) DM: Could be a creature.
[Tue Nov 14 20:25:23 2006] : (7) Lia: ooc lol
[Tue Nov 14 20:25:32 2006] : (7) Lia: "It was definitely...something"
[Tue Nov 14 20:25:33 2006] : (5) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Mage Armour (level 1): Gives subject +4 armor bonus for 1 hour/level
[Tue Nov 14 20:25:36 2006] : (7) Lia: "Let's proceed with care"
[Tue Nov 14 20:25:38 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Aliatra turns into the direction of the passageway
[Tue Nov 14 20:25:49 2006] : (6) Adrin: Adrin drops the wizard in the nearest corner
[Tue Nov 14 20:25:56 2006] : (5) Dan: "Maybe we should wait on"
[Tue Nov 14 20:26:07 2006] : (6) Adrin: ooc is the noise getting louder?
[Tue Nov 14 20:26:47 2006] : (1) DM: The noise gets louder as you continue up the passageway to the exit.
[Tue Nov 14 20:27:05 2006] : (1) DM: Move silently checks.
[Tue Nov 14 20:27:12 2006] : (7) Lia: Casts...: Barkskin +3 natural armour (10mn/lvl)
[Tue Nov 14 20:27:13 2006] : (6) Adrin: Adrin picks the wizard up as they move on
[Tue Nov 14 20:27:13 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20-2] -> [18,-2] = (16)
[Tue Nov 14 20:27:16 2006] : (6) Adrin: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
[Tue Nov 14 20:27:17 2006] : (7) Lia: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [20,4] = (24)
[Tue Nov 14 20:27:32 2006] : (6) Adrin: ooc the wizards head bumps off the walls
[Tue Nov 14 20:27:39 2006] : (5) Dan: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
[Tue Nov 14 20:28:49 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin kicks a rock which clatters loudly. The rumbling quiietens, only to be replaced by a loud snuffling and sniffing noise.
[Tue Nov 14 20:29:27 2006] : (1) DM: Roll Initiative.
[Tue Nov 14 20:29:35 2006] : (6) Adrin: Adrin: Initiative [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
[Tue Nov 14 20:29:36 2006] : (5) Dan: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [13,4] = (17)
[Tue Nov 14 20:29:37 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] -> [3,7] = (10)
[Tue Nov 14 20:30:07 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+3] -> [11,3] = (14)
[Tue Nov 14 20:30:12 2006] : (7) Lia: Lia Initiative : [1d20+2] -> [10,2] = (12)
[Tue Nov 14 20:30:48 2006] : (1) DM: Dan your turn.
[Tue Nov 14 20:31:13 2006] : (5) Dan: Dan stops, then begins casting Summon monster 2
[Tue Nov 14 20:31:16 2006] : (5) Dan: ooc Done
[Tue Nov 14 20:33:29 2006] : (1) DM: A massize, low-slung creature with a wedge-shaped head and body covered in coarse and shaggy fur rounds a bend in the tunnel. It's legs are short and thick and it has claws like pickaxes on its feet.
[Tue Nov 14 20:33:41 2006] : (1) DM: It sniffs the air.
[Tue Nov 14 20:33:56 2006] : (5) Dan: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [11,10] = (21)
[Tue Nov 14 20:34:01 2006] : (6) Adrin: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [16,3] = (19)
[Tue Nov 14 20:34:01 2006] : (5) Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+12] -> [19,12] = (31)
[Tue Nov 14 20:34:02 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
[Tue Nov 14 20:34:08 2006] : (1) DM: ooc knowledge: nature
[Tue Nov 14 20:34:15 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Nov 14 20:34:18 2006] : (6) Adrin: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [9,3] = (12)
[Tue Nov 14 20:34:25 2006] : (7) Lia: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [3,8] = (11)
[Tue Nov 14 20:34:31 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "What is that?"
[Tue Nov 14 20:34:37 2006] : (1) DM: You don't recognize it.
[Tue Nov 14 20:34:49 2006] : (5) Dan: "I have no idea"
[Tue Nov 14 20:34:58 2006] : (1) DM: It runs towards you.
[Tue Nov 14 20:35:26 2006] : (1) DM: ooc there's only one but it's large.
[Tue Nov 14 20:35:32 2006] : (1) DM: Lia, your turn.
[Tue Nov 14 20:35:38 2006] : (7) Lia: ooc it's an animal?
[Tue Nov 14 20:36:10 2006] : (1) DM: ooc four legs and furry. It's an animal of some sort. It's massive and fierce looking.
[Tue Nov 14 20:36:28 2006] : (7) Lia: casts Summon Nature's ally II - Dire Bat: Spd 20 ft., fly 40 ft.; AC 20, 30HP, Touch 15, Flat-footed 14; Blindsense, stealthy

[Tue Nov 14 20:36:42 2006] : (1) DM: Okay.
[Tue Nov 14 20:36:52 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Tue Nov 14 20:37:06 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Shooting at the creature
[Tue Nov 14 20:37:11 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Longbow, Mighty Composite, MW (base): [1d20+8] -> [17,8] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
[Tue Nov 14 20:37:20 2006] : (5) Dan: ooc summon takes an entire round Del
[Tue Nov 14 20:38:06 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Done
[Tue Nov 14 20:38:12 2006] : (1) DM: Hit
[Tue Nov 14 20:38:32 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin?
[Tue Nov 14 20:38:40 2006] : (6) Adrin: Drop the wizard and draw my sword
[Tue Nov 14 20:38:50 2006] : (1) DM: Okay.
[Tue Nov 14 20:38:54 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Tue Nov 14 20:39:04 2006] : (5) Dan: Casts Augmented Summon Monster II - Celestial Riding Dog (Medium magical beast): 23hp; 5 resist on acid cold and elec; AC= 16; SR = 7; Darkvision; Speed 40ft
Celestial Riding Dog attack (Smite evil) Bite [1d20+5] -> [5,5] = (10) ==> Damage: [1d6+8] -> [6,8] = (14) (treat as magical; -2 damage if not evil)

[Tue Nov 14 20:39:31 2006] : (5) Dan: Melf's Acid Arrow (base): [1d20+6] -> [11,6] = (17) ===> Damage: [2d4+0] -> [2,1,0] = (3)
[Tue Nov 14 20:39:38 2006] : (1) DM: Um?
[Tue Nov 14 20:39:38 2006] : (5) Dan: Done
[Tue Nov 14 20:39:43 2006] : (5) Dan: ooc what?
[Tue Nov 14 20:40:23 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Oh You cast it before. can you change your text.
[Tue Nov 14 20:40:33 2006] : (5) Dan: ooc yep
[Tue Nov 14 20:40:36 2006] : (5) Dan: Done
[Tue Nov 14 20:40:51 2006] : (1) DM: The dog missed.
[Tue Nov 14 20:41:05 2006] : (5) Dan: ok, did my acid arrow hit?
[Tue Nov 14 20:41:13 2006] : (1) DM: The dire animal snarls in rage and charges Aliatra.
[Tue Nov 14 20:41:23 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+10] -> [1,10] = (11)
[Tue Nov 14 20:41:32 2006] : (1) DM: yes.
[Tue Nov 14 20:41:38 2006] : (1) DM: Lia, your turn.
[Tue Nov 14 20:42:07 2006] : (7) Lia: Dire Bat attacks: Bite (melee) [1d20+5] -> [5,5] = (10) ==> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
[Tue Nov 14 20:42:32 2006] : (1) DM: miss
[Tue Nov 14 20:42:33 2006] : (7) Lia: casts Summon Nature's ally I - Dire Rat: Spd 40 ft., climb 20 ft.; AC 15, Touch 14, Flat-footed 12; Low light vision, scent

[Tue Nov 14 20:42:39 2006] : (7) Lia: done
[Tue Nov 14 20:42:43 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Nov 14 20:43:31 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Dropping my bow and drawing myh sword
[Tue Nov 14 20:43:34 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Greatsword MW (base): [1d20+7] -> [1,7] = (8) ===> Damage: [2d6+4] -> [5,5,4] = (14)
[Tue Nov 14 20:43:38 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Done
[Tue Nov 14 20:43:42 2006] : (1) DM: AoO
[Tue Nov 14 20:43:46 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+10] -> [4,10] = (14)
[Tue Nov 14 20:43:55 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin?
[Tue Nov 14 20:44:08 2006] : (6) Adrin: Adrin: Rage: +4 Str, +4 Con, +2 Will, -2 AC
[Tue Nov 14 20:44:14 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc I forgott, not dropping my bow: quick draw
[Tue Nov 14 20:44:15 2006] : (6) Adrin: Greatsword(Rage) (base): [1d20+9] -> [13,9] = (22) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] -> [4,6,6] = (16)
[Tue Nov 14 20:44:40 2006] : (1) DM: A good hit.
[Tue Nov 14 20:44:49 2006] : (6) Adrin: "Rarrrrr"
[Tue Nov 14 20:44:54 2006] : (1) DM: Dan?
[Tue Nov 14 20:45:06 2006] : (5) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Magic Missile (level 1): 2 Missiles:
1st missile - [1d4+1] -> [2,1] = (3) damage
2nd missile - [1d4+1] -> [4,1] = (5) damage

[Tue Nov 14 20:45:16 2006] : (5) Dan: Augmented Celestial Riding Dog: Dog attacks: Bite [1d20+5] -> [12,5] = (17) ==> Damage: [1d6+6] -> [4,6] = (10)
[Tue Nov 14 20:45:24 2006] : (1) DM: hit
[Tue Nov 14 20:45:33 2006] : (5) Dan: Done
[Tue Nov 14 20:45:38 2006] : (1) DM: The dire wolverine is badly injured.
[Tue Nov 14 20:45:55 2006] : (1) DM: The attacks Aliatra furiously.
[Tue Nov 14 20:46:06 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+10] -> [11,10] = (21), [1d20+10] -> [1,10] = (11), [1d20+5] -> [8,5] = (13)
[Tue Nov 14 20:46:33 2006] : (1) DM: Take [1d6+8] -> [2,8] = (10) damage as the beast slashes you with a claw.
[Tue Nov 14 20:46:40 2006] : (1) DM: Lia?
[Tue Nov 14 20:46:59 2006] : (7) Lia: Dire Rat attacks: Bite (melee) [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11) ==> Damage: [1d4] -> [3] = (3) (+disease)
[Tue Nov 14 20:47:04 2006] : (7) Lia: Dire Bat attacks: Bite (melee) [1d20+5] -> [19,5] = (24) ==> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
[Tue Nov 14 20:47:17 2006] : (7) Lia: done
[Tue Nov 14 20:47:21 2006] : (1) DM: The wolverine dies.
[Tue Nov 14 20:47:38 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc Awwww
[Tue Nov 14 20:47:55 2006] : (6) Adrin: "Whatever it was, it died pretty easily"
[Tue Nov 14 20:48:03 2006] : (6) Adrin: ooc I'm soo going to regret saying that! :)
[Tue Nov 14 20:48:11 2006] : (7) Lia: Lia looks tat the beast closer
[Tue Nov 14 20:48:23 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "What was it anyway?"
[Tue Nov 14 20:48:24 2006] : (7) Lia: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [18,8] = (26)
[Tue Nov 14 20:48:40 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you can't redo knowledge rolls.
[Tue Nov 14 20:48:41 2006] : (5) Dan: "I have no idea"
[Tue Nov 14 20:49:04 2006] : (7) Lia: ooc then it's really dumb that I can't recognize a wolverine, given it is my animal companion
[Tue Nov 14 20:49:07 2006] : (7) Lia: ooc :(
[Tue Nov 14 20:49:15 2006] : (5) Dan: ooc ROFL
[Tue Nov 14 20:49:18 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Tue Nov 14 20:49:19 2006] : (1) DM: ooc 250 XP for Aliatra, 300 XP for everyone else.
[Tue Nov 14 20:49:30 2006] : (5) Dan: ooc KACHING
[Tue Nov 14 20:49:32 2006] : (6) Adrin: oco lol gotta be a special circumstance for that
[Tue Nov 14 20:49:39 2006] : (7) Lia: ooc how about I couldn't see etc but when looking closer, I recognized it?
[Tue Nov 14 20:49:54 2006] : (1) DM: ooc. Oh. I forgot about that. Then yes, you can recognize it as a dire wolverine.
[Tue Nov 14 20:50:08 2006] : (7) Lia: "It's a wolverine"
[Tue Nov 14 20:50:23 2006] : (7) Lia: "I couldn't see it at first and didn"t recognize it"
[Tue Nov 14 20:50:25 2006] : (1) DM: ooc They're prone to frienzied attacks when injured and won't back down until dead.
[Tue Nov 14 20:50:31 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Really? A rather big one then"
[Tue Nov 14 20:50:57 2006] : (7) Lia: "Yes, probably a dire one, they go insane of sorts, and won't back up ever"
[Tue Nov 14 20:51:00 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Fierce creature"
[Tue Nov 14 20:51:03 2006] : (7) Lia: ooc back down :)
[Tue Nov 14 20:52:53 2006] : (5) Dan: "Well, suddenly I feel as though I am ready to learn more about the world"
[Tue Nov 14 20:52:55 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "I'm not going to forget that in a hurry"
[Tue Nov 14 20:53:05 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Aliatra grimaces
[Tue Nov 14 20:53:11 2006] : (1) DM: ooc level 5 = fireball!
[Tue Nov 14 20:53:26 2006] : (5) Dan: ooc yep :D
[Tue Nov 14 20:53:32 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Nov 14 20:53:41 2006] : (6) Adrin: ooc careful now!
[Tue Nov 14 20:54:04 2006] : (7) Lia: ooc yeah, careful!
[Tue Nov 14 20:55:21 2006] : (1) DM: ooc lightning bolt can be more controlled.
[Tue Nov 14 20:55:48 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc Spoil sport! :P
[Tue Nov 14 20:56:02 2006] : (5) Dan: ooc not got that yet, it's not been in any spellbook I've found
[Tue Nov 14 20:56:32 2006] : (1) DM: When you examine the dead body you notice it's wearing a collar.
[Tue Nov 14 20:56:41 2006] : (7) Lia: "Strange"
[Tue Nov 14 20:56:50 2006] : (7) Lia: "It was not as wild as it seemed"
[Tue Nov 14 20:57:03 2006] : (6) Adrin: "A collar?"
[Tue Nov 14 20:57:09 2006] : (7) Lia: Lia examines the colar for any specific sign
[Tue Nov 14 20:57:14 2006] : (5) Dan: "Umm, did we just kill someone's friend?"
[Tue Nov 14 20:57:14 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "It had an owner?"
[Tue Nov 14 20:57:24 2006] : (1) DM: It's leather with metal studs.
[Tue Nov 14 20:57:25 2006] : (7) Lia: "Yes, on a beast like this one, this does not bode well"
[Tue Nov 14 20:58:22 2006] : (5) Dan: "Oh, crap"
[Tue Nov 14 20:58:39 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "What's done is done. Let's move on"
[Tue Nov 14 20:58:55 2006] : (6) Adrin: "Well, it attacked first"
[Tue Nov 14 20:59:06 2006] : (7) Lia: Lia pockets the collar
[Tue Nov 14 20:59:22 2006] : (1) DM: It's too large to fit in a pocket.
[Tue Nov 14 20:59:48 2006] : (7) Lia: aooc ah
[Tue Nov 14 20:59:50 2006] : (1) DM: Round the corner you see the outside.
[Tue Nov 14 21:00:02 2006] : (7) Lia: ooc in my pack then
[Tue Nov 14 21:00:10 2006] : (6) Adrin: ooc hang it round you neck like a bandolier
[Tue Nov 14 21:00:36 2006] : (7) Lia: ooc :P
[Tue Nov 14 21:01:48 2006] : (1) DM: The cave exit is still in the woods and you can see the smoke from a village nearby.
[Tue Nov 14 21:02:33 2006] : (1) DM: There's a weather-beaten sigh near the cave entrace. It says: "Beware the Wolverine. Tresspassers will be eaten."
[Tue Nov 14 21:02:51 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Nov 14 21:03:03 2006] : (7) Lia: "Hmmm"
[Tue Nov 14 21:03:12 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "A fair warning"
[Tue Nov 14 21:03:16 2006] : (6) Adrin: Adrin nods at the sign "Not now they wont"
[Tue Nov 14 21:03:18 2006] : (7) Lia: "I am not sure the villagers will appreciate that we killed the beast"
[Tue Nov 14 21:03:25 2006] : (7) Lia: "It had a collar, remember"
[Tue Nov 14 21:03:35 2006] : (7) Lia: "It was probably guarding them from something"
[Tue Nov 14 21:03:50 2006] : (5) Dan: "Well, it was sharing its lair with this evil wizard. What else are we to think?"
[Tue Nov 14 21:04:00 2006] : (6) Adrin: "We did them a favour. Their guard dog was crap"
[Tue Nov 14 21:04:06 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "And we had to get out of there"
[Tue Nov 14 21:04:10 2006] : (1) DM: ooc er. I though it was obvious that it was guarding the wizard from the villagers.
[Tue Nov 14 21:04:18 2006] : (6) Adrin: ooc oh
[Tue Nov 14 21:04:19 2006] : (7) Lia: ooc lol
[Tue Nov 14 21:04:33 2006] : (7) Lia: ooc roflmao actually. I guess it wasn't :)
[Tue Nov 14 21:04:35 2006] : (6) Adrin: "We did them a favour. "
[Tue Nov 14 21:04:50 2006] : (6) Adrin: "Maybe they'll pay us"
[Tue Nov 14 21:05:04 2006] : (7) Lia: "Oh, you mean it might have been guarding the wizard?"
[Tue Nov 14 21:05:04 2006] : (5) Dan: ooc I thought it belonged to a local druid
[Tue Nov 14 21:05:13 2006] : (7) Lia: "In that case, yes, probably"
[Tue Nov 14 21:05:22 2006] : (5) Dan: "Hmm, I guess it could be - a charmed monster"
[Tue Nov 14 21:05:27 2006] : (7) Lia: "Not a very friendly animal in any case, if it did not even recognize its master"
[Tue Nov 14 21:05:56 2006] : (7) Lia: Lia points to the wizard on Adrin's shoulder
[Tue Nov 14 21:06:03 2006] : (6) Adrin: "We could ungag this guy and ask"
[Tue Nov 14 21:06:10 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "That sign reads more like a warning to leave the cave alone. It might have been the wizard's guarddog"
[Tue Nov 14 21:06:39 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Lave him be, who wants to talk to him"
[Tue Nov 14 21:07:07 2006] : (5) Dan: "Yes, he's better gagged"
[Tue Nov 14 21:07:25 2006] : (5) Dan: "If he can charm a monster, he can charm one of us"
[Tue Nov 14 21:09:15 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Perhaps we should kill him, since we can't trust him"
[Tue Nov 14 21:09:21 2006] : (7) Lia: "I suppose so"
[Tue Nov 14 21:09:29 2006] : (7) Lia: "Let us go to this village then"
[Tue Nov 14 21:10:02 2006] : (6) Adrin: "I've lugged this guy around for hours. We're not going to just kill him now!"
[Tue Nov 14 21:10:07 2006] : (5) Dan: "No, he deserves justice. be that at the hands of the villagers he killed or in front of a local magistrate"
[Tue Nov 14 21:10:55 2006] : (1) DM: The village is a short walk away.
[Tue Nov 14 21:10:58 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Let's make sure he can't cast anything then"
[Tue Nov 14 21:11:19 2006] : (1) DM: It's a small cluster of wooden houses around a small village green and well.
[Tue Nov 14 21:11:43 2006] : (5) Dan: "In which case keep him gagged, and his hands tied"
[Tue Nov 14 21:12:57 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Adrin, shall I take over for a bit?"
[Tue Nov 14 21:13:05 2006] : (1) DM: A few people approach.
[Tue Nov 14 21:13:09 2006] : (6) Adrin: "We're almost there"
[Tue Nov 14 21:13:29 2006] : (1) DM: "What is your business in this village, and why do you have that men bound and gagged?"
[Tue Nov 14 21:14:04 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Don't you recognise him? He lived just over there"
[Tue Nov 14 21:14:12 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Aliatra points to the cave
[Tue Nov 14 21:14:16 2006] : (7) Lia: "In the cave"
[Tue Nov 14 21:14:31 2006] : (6) Adrin: Adrin puts the wizard on the ground so that the villagers can see his face
[Tue Nov 14 21:15:35 2006] : (5) Dan: "He has been summoning evil creatures to his bidding"
[Tue Nov 14 21:15:45 2006] : (1) DM: "That bastard. Him and his bit guarddog have caused us no end of problems and missing livestock."
[Tue Nov 14 21:15:47 2006] : (5) Dan: "Have you lost any villagers lately?"
[Tue Nov 14 21:16:07 2006] : (1) DM: "No people but plenty of pigs."
[Tue Nov 14 21:16:09 2006] : (6) Adrin: "Oh that dog thing wont be bothering you anymore either"
[Tue Nov 14 21:16:15 2006] : (7) Lia: "The wolverine is dead"
[Tue Nov 14 21:16:20 2006] : (1) DM: "That's good to hear as well."
[Tue Nov 14 21:16:38 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "After it took a slash out of me, though"
[Tue Nov 14 21:16:40 2006] : (5) Dan: "Do you have a local magistrate?"
[Tue Nov 14 21:17:10 2006] : (1) DM: "Leave him with us and we'll see he gets a fair trail before the village council."
[Tue Nov 14 21:17:26 2006] : (5) Dan: Dan raises an eyebrow
[Tue Nov 14 21:17:33 2006] : (1) DM: "If you wait a moment we'll see if we can find you a reward."
[Tue Nov 14 21:18:15 2006] : (7) Lia: "We need a bit of help"
[Tue Nov 14 21:18:26 2006] : (1) DM: One of the villagers returns with a longsword in a old scabbard.
[Tue Nov 14 21:18:47 2006] : (1) DM: "It's not much but it's a fine sword and of more use to you than us."
[Tue Nov 14 21:19:04 2006] : (1) DM: "We'd be pleased to help. What is it you require?"
[Tue Nov 14 21:19:23 2006] : (6) Adrin: "Well, if you're sure you wont need it"
[Tue Nov 14 21:19:52 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "It looks like a good weapon"
[Tue Nov 14 21:19:59 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Thank you"
[Tue Nov 14 21:21:51 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Aliatra looks the weapon over
[Tue Nov 14 21:22:24 2006] : (7) Lia: ""Dust of the plane of shadows"
[Tue Nov 14 21:22:31 2006] : (7) Lia: "is what we need"
[Tue Nov 14 21:22:34 2006] : (1) DM: "Er...? What?"
[Tue Nov 14 21:22:56 2006] : (5) Dan: "Yes, I appreciate that it's nonsense, here's how you may help"
[Tue Nov 14 21:23:11 2006] : (7) Lia: Lia grins
[Tue Nov 14 21:23:12 2006] : (5) Dan: "Is there anywhere near here that has a haunting"
[Tue Nov 14 21:23:18 2006] : (7) Lia: "Sorry."
[Tue Nov 14 21:23:27 2006] : (7) Lia: "Yes, ghosts, hshadows, strange things?"
[Tue Nov 14 21:23:35 2006] : (5) Dan: "For example, creatures of shadow"
[Tue Nov 14 21:23:41 2006] : (1) DM: "You actually want to find them?"
[Tue Nov 14 21:23:57 2006] : (7) Lia: "We do. And believe me, you want us to"
[Tue Nov 14 21:24:04 2006] : (5) Dan: "Places in the woods that seem too shadowy and fill you with fear perhaps?"
[Tue Nov 14 21:25:30 2006] : (1) DM: There's a region of the woods where some battle took place a long time ago. A good place for finding iron. I've heard stories of noises and strange lights at night."
[Tue Nov 14 21:25:51 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "That might be just the place"
[Tue Nov 14 21:25:55 2006] : (6) Adrin: "Sounds like a good bet"
[Tue Nov 14 21:26:15 2006] : (1) DM: oops. the monster I was thinking of is CR19...
[Tue Nov 14 21:26:24 2006] : (7) Lia: ooc let's GO!
[Tue Nov 14 21:26:29 2006] : (7) Lia: ooc and die.
[Tue Nov 14 21:27:02 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc What did I see when I studied the sword?
[Tue Nov 14 21:27:32 2006] : (1) DM: "Or there's that old manor house on the north road. Been unoccupied for years after the owner died in mysterious circumstances."
[Tue Nov 14 21:27:56 2006] : (1) DM: ooc it's sharp and well made.
[Tue Nov 14 21:28:03 2006] : (5) Dan: "Yes, a simple haunting may be enough for our needs"
[Tue Nov 14 21:28:11 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Any stories of hauntnig? Ghosts or walking shadows?"
[Tue Nov 14 21:28:49 2006] : (1) DM: "Well yes, but I've no idea if they're true or not."
[Tue Nov 14 21:29:05 2006] : (7) Lia: "Well, we shall find out"
[Tue Nov 14 21:29:10 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "You will know tomorrow"
[Tue Nov 14 21:29:15 2006] : (7) Lia: "I am, for my part, more inclined to get into the woods"
[Tue Nov 14 21:29:32 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Aliatra puts thw sword back in its scabbard
[Tue Nov 14 21:31:06 2006] : (5) Dan: "I leave this to your discretion"
[Tue Nov 14 21:31:28 2006] : (7) Lia: "What do you think?" (to Alia and Adrin
[Tue Nov 14 21:31:30 2006] : (7) Lia: )
[Tue Nov 14 21:31:38 2006] : (7) Lia: Haunted house or haunted woods?
[Tue Nov 14 21:31:43 2006] : (6) Adrin: "Which one is closest?"
[Tue Nov 14 21:33:23 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Ghosts in a house might be easier to find"
[Tue Nov 14 21:33:25 2006] : (1) DM: "The house is closest I'd say."
[Tue Nov 14 21:33:45 2006] : (6) Adrin: "House it is then"
[Tue Nov 14 21:33:51 2006] : (6) Adrin: ooc brb
[Tue Nov 14 21:34:19 2006] : (7) Lia: "Yes, I would say so. Although I wouldn't mind going back to the woods at tsome point"
[Tue Nov 14 21:34:23 2006] : (5) Dan: [1d4] -> [1] = (1)
[Tue Nov 14 21:34:34 2006] : (5) Dan: ooc dammit!
[Tue Nov 14 21:35:22 2006] : (1) DM: ooc more healthy exercise and less sitting in libraries.
[Tue Nov 14 21:35:37 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc Poor Dan :P
[Tue Nov 14 21:36:08 2006] : (5) Dan: "Shall we go and find the manor then?"
[Tue Nov 14 21:36:09 2006] : (7) Lia: ooc lol
[Tue Nov 14 21:36:13 2006] : (7) Lia: "Yes"
[Tue Nov 14 21:36:38 2006] : (1) DM: You are given directions to the manor which is some 3 hours away on foot.
[Tue Nov 14 21:38:04 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Let's get walking"
[Tue Nov 14 21:38:07 2006] : (1) DM: ooc the sword if you bothered to cast detect magic is magical.
[Tue Nov 14 21:38:18 2006] : (6) Adrin: ooc back
[Tue Nov 14 21:38:20 2006] : (7) Lia: ooc I didn't bother
[Tue Nov 14 21:38:24 2006] : (7) Lia: ooc ;)
[Tue Nov 14 21:38:27 2006] : (5) Dan: ooc I thought it was a bit crass in front of them
[Tue Nov 14 21:38:44 2006] : (5) Dan: Once on the road, Dan examines the sword
[Tue Nov 14 21:38:44 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc Saving my spells for now
[Tue Nov 14 21:38:56 2006] : (5) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Detect Magic (level 0): Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
[Tue Nov 14 21:39:13 2006] : (1) DM: The sworid is magical.
[Tue Nov 14 21:40:14 2006] : (5) Dan: "I cannot identify the specific properties of this sword, but it is magical"
[Tue Nov 14 21:40:19 2006] : (5) Dan: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [15,15] = (30)
[Tue Nov 14 21:40:40 2006] : (6) Adrin: "I thought it was just a dusty old sword"
[Tue Nov 14 21:40:57 2006] : (1) DM: ooc it's just a plain ordinary, +1.
[Tue Nov 14 21:41:12 2006] : (7) Lia: "I could not make much of a different between a good sword and a bad one, really"
[Tue Nov 14 21:41:34 2006] : (5) Dan: "I will memorize Identify tomorrow to find out exactly what it does. but for now, it's worth one of you using it against any ethereal or shadowy creatures"
[Tue Nov 14 21:41:44 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "It looks like just a good sword, nothing really special about it"
[Tue Nov 14 21:43:00 2006] : (6) Adrin: "I still have the dagger I used against that shadow last time"
[Tue Nov 14 21:43:38 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Abd I have a short sword that'll serve me will. You take this sword, Adrin, it has more reach than a dagger"
[Tue Nov 14 21:43:47 2006] : (6) Adrin: "Ok"
[Tue Nov 14 21:44:49 2006] : (5) Dan: "Perhaps Lia would benefit from your magical dagger?"
[Tue Nov 14 21:45:00 2006] : (7) Lia: "I was about to say that"
[Tue Nov 14 21:45:07 2006] : (7) Lia: "at least in this battle"
[Tue Nov 14 21:45:15 2006] : (6) Adrin: "Good idea" Adrin hands it over
[Tue Nov 14 21:45:49 2006] : (7) Lia: "Thank you"
[Tue Nov 14 21:46:02 2006] : (7) Lia: ooc +1 dagger, or just that metal thing?
[Tue Nov 14 21:46:16 2006] : (6) Adrin: ooc I think it was +1
[Tue Nov 14 21:46:28 2006] : (1) DM: ooc the steel-bronze weapons/armour are +1.
[Tue Nov 14 21:48:13 2006] : (7) Lia: ooc +1 attack and damage then?
[Tue Nov 14 21:48:18 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes
[Tue Nov 14 21:49:25 2006] : (7) Lia: ooc k thx
[Tue Nov 14 21:50:13 2006] : (1) DM: Three hours later...
[Tue Nov 14 21:51:56 2006] : (1) DM: You approach the grounds of the old manor house, the overgrown grounds are surrounded by twisted and spiky metal railings. A dense mist swirls around the crooked, sprawling manor house. The roofs sagging with age.
[Tue Nov 14 21:52:40 2006] : (1) DM: A occasional lights flickers in the grime smeared windows.
[Tue Nov 14 21:52:45 2006] : (5) Dan: "Well, it's certainly got the creepy look down pat"
[Tue Nov 14 21:53:32 2006] : (5) Dan: "I will almost certainly need my magic armour in here. I shall have to use a scroll"
[Tue Nov 14 21:53:39 2006] : (6) Adrin: "Its like the old stories my granmother told me"
[Tue Nov 14 21:53:45 2006] : (5) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Mage Armour (level 1): Gives subject +4 armor bonus for 1 hour/level
[Tue Nov 14 21:54:00 2006] : (7) Lia: ooc barkskin is gone
[Tue Nov 14 21:54:02 2006] : (5) Dan: ooc lasts 1 hour - was cast as level 1 caster
[Tue Nov 14 21:54:15 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "It almost gives me the creeps just looking at it"
[Tue Nov 14 21:54:56 2006] : (1) DM: A sign faintly creaks as it swings gently in the breeze. It says: "Cliche Manor"
[Tue Nov 14 21:55:04 2006] : (6) Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Nov 14 21:55:08 2006] : (5) Dan: "Well, the sooner we get this dust, the better"
[Tue Nov 14 21:55:10 2006] : (2) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Nov 14 21:55:10 2006] : (5) Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Nov 14 21:55:12 2006] : (1) DM: ooc heh. oops. It was lagging or something.
[Tue Nov 14 21:56:31 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Let's go in and kill those ghosts even deader"
[Tue Nov 14 21:56:54 2006] : (1) DM: You see that the front door is closed, it's door knocker a grotesque face of tarnished bronze.
[Tue Nov 14 21:57:07 2006] : (6) Adrin: "Shall we knock?"
[Tue Nov 14 21:57:21 2006] : (7) Lia: "Well, it's abandonned"
[Tue Nov 14 21:57:36 2006] : (2) Aliatra: "Sure, be polite now and destroy late"
[Tue Nov 14 21:57:36 2006] : (7) Lia: "I would not take the risk of warning whatever is in there"
[Tue Nov 14 21:59:20 2006] : (7) Lia: Lia tries to open the door
[Tue Nov 14 21:59:45 2006] : (6) Adrin: Adrin readies his longsword
[Tue Nov 14 21:59:47 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Aliatra has her swort sword ready and stands besides Lia
[Tue Nov 14 21:59:58 2006] : (2) Aliatra: short sword
[Tue Nov 14 22:00:22 2006] : (1) DM: The door swings open slowly with a long, drawn out creak.
[Tue Nov 14 22:00:50 2006] : (7) Lia: Lia steps back to let the tanks indeed
[Tue Nov 14 22:01:17 2006] : (1) DM: The mass of cobwebs stretching out across the hall way flutter in the breeze.
[Tue Nov 14 22:01:18 2006] : (7) Lia: Lia steps back to let the tanks ind
[Tue Nov 14 22:01:29 2006] : (5) Dan: Dan takes a stone in his hand
[Tue Nov 14 22:01:29 2006] : (6) Adrin: Adrin steps forward carefully
[Tue Nov 14 22:01:44 2006] : (2) Aliatra: Aliatra joins Adrin
[Tue Nov 14 22:01:47 2006] : (1) DM: A chilling hollow laughter can be heard from deep within the house.
[Tue Nov 14 22:01:50 2006] : (1) DM: GAME END.