Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / The Dark Trade - 10 October 2006

[Tue Oct 10 19:31:35 2006] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Tue Oct 10 19:32:12 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin looks around as they reach the top of the cliff path
[Tue Oct 10 19:32:42 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan puffs as he finishes the steep path
[Tue Oct 10 19:32:46 2006] : (1) DM: The long grass on the cliff top waves in the breeze. You can see a north-south road some 100 ft from the edge of the cliff.
[Tue Oct 10 19:33:13 2006] : (3) Adrin: "You need some more exercise"
[Tue Oct 10 19:33:48 2006] : (1) DM: Beyond the road is a deciduous wood that stretches as far as you can see.
[Tue Oct 10 19:33:56 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Just as long as he has breathe enough to speak his spells, Adrin"
[Tue Oct 10 19:34:30 2006] : (2) Dan: "I only have a few cantrips left. this long day has rather depleted my spells"
[Tue Oct 10 19:35:04 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Let's find a place to rest, we all need it"
[Tue Oct 10 19:35:22 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Yeah, I could do with a good nights sleep."
[Tue Oct 10 19:36:14 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan looks around for somewhere good to rest
[Tue Oct 10 19:36:29 2006] : (2) Dan: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [20,1] = (21)
[Tue Oct 10 19:36:32 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Where do you suggest we set up camp, Adrin?"
[Tue Oct 10 19:37:12 2006] : (1) DM: Anywhere is fine for a camp.
[Tue Oct 10 19:37:17 2006] : (3) Adrin: "I'd like to get away from this cliff a bit"
[Tue Oct 10 19:38:03 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Whatever you say"
[Tue Oct 10 19:38:06 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc about what time is it?
[Tue Oct 10 19:38:40 2006] : (1) DM: ooc around noon.
[Tue Oct 10 19:38:41 2006] : (3) Adrin: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [20,8] = (28)
[Tue Oct 10 19:39:12 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc we just wasted two twenties ;)
[Tue Oct 10 19:39:19 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc I know :(
[Tue Oct 10 19:39:23 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Oct 10 19:39:26 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc sounds like a good night out ;)
[Tue Oct 10 19:39:51 2006] : (3) Adrin: "How about we head over to the forest and have a look around while its still light"
[Tue Oct 10 19:40:48 2006] : (1) DM: ooc *sound of monster manual pages being flipped*
[Tue Oct 10 19:41:31 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Just do not lead un into any more fights, Adrin"
[Tue Oct 10 19:42:31 2006] : (3) Adrin: "I'll try not too. If you need to run, I'll try and lead them off"
[Tue Oct 10 19:43:09 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Sure, that's what I do, isn't it? Run"
[Tue Oct 10 19:44:10 2006] : (3) Adrin: "I haven't seen you running from combat yet"
[Tue Oct 10 19:44:36 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Nor I you"
[Tue Oct 10 19:46:33 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Lead on, Adrin"
[Tue Oct 10 19:46:39 2006] : (2) Dan: "Yes, yes, enough back rubbing. Can we just settle down for some rest?"
[Tue Oct 10 19:47:13 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "You've acquitted yourself well too, Dan"
[Tue Oct 10 19:47:55 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Ok, but I'd really like to have a look around before making camp for the night. No sense wasting the light"
[Tue Oct 10 19:48:13 2006] : (2) Dan: "Fine by me, I shall be studying"
[Tue Oct 10 19:49:58 2006] : (1) DM: The woodland is a mix of predominantly oak, beech and birch trees. The usual cute, fuzzy woodland creatures can be heard scurrying in the undergrowith and scampering through the trees.
[Tue Oct 10 19:50:35 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc I love that word: scapmering :)
[Tue Oct 10 19:50:45 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc I love that word: scampering :)
[Tue Oct 10 19:51:41 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc brb 1 min
[Tue Oct 10 19:54:12 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc when I said I'd be studying, I meant that I'd just sat where I was and was not about to go wandering into the woods
[Tue Oct 10 19:54:25 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc back
[Tue Oct 10 19:54:38 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin how far are you wandering into the woods?
[Tue Oct 10 19:55:15 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc Not far, 5m most. Just having a look
[Tue Oct 10 19:55:28 2006] : (1) DM: Okay. Nothing eats you.
[Tue Oct 10 19:55:32 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc I'm going with him
[Tue Oct 10 19:56:16 2006] : (1) DM: Time passes...
[Tue Oct 10 19:56:22 2006] : (1) DM: More time passes...
[Tue Oct 10 19:56:28 2006] : (1) DM: Still passing...
[Tue Oct 10 19:56:58 2006] : (1) DM: A new day dawns, the woodland alive with the sound of birdsong.
[Tue Oct 10 19:57:14 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan grabs his spellbook and reads
[Tue Oct 10 19:58:05 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra yawns, gets up and starts practicing before breakfast
[Tue Oct 10 19:58:56 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin just gets up and makes some brekkie
[Tue Oct 10 20:00:31 2006] : (1) DM: ooc which direction will you be heading in?
[Tue Oct 10 20:01:17 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra looks at Dan: "Which direction will we be heading in?"
[Tue Oct 10 20:01:36 2006] : (2) Dan: "I guess we head back souh, try to steal back into town and grab our horses and ingots"
[Tue Oct 10 20:01:50 2006] : (2) Dan: "Then get out again"
[Tue Oct 10 20:01:56 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Sounds like a plan"
[Tue Oct 10 20:02:10 2006] : (2) Dan: "Either that, or cut our losses and see what's to the South"
[Tue Oct 10 20:02:24 2006] : (1) DM: Westharbour is to the north, east through the woods eventually leads to the capital city, south lies another large town, and west is rather wet.
[Tue Oct 10 20:02:51 2006] : (2) Dan: "Er, I meant North, back to Westharbour"
[Tue Oct 10 20:03:08 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Might be worth letting things cool down before heading back to westharbour though"
[Tue Oct 10 20:03:14 2006] : (2) Dan: "I got a bit confused"
[Tue Oct 10 20:03:32 2006] : (2) Dan: "In that case we can say goodbye to our horses"
[Tue Oct 10 20:03:36 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Let's give it some time before we return there, a couple of days at least"
[Tue Oct 10 20:03:53 2006] : (2) Dan: "To be honest, how safe is it to return ever?"
[Tue Oct 10 20:04:21 2006] : (2) Dan: "I'd suggest that we would have to send in someone unknown, or one of us well disguised"
[Tue Oct 10 20:04:32 2006] : (3) Adrin: "True, true"
[Tue Oct 10 20:05:07 2006] : (3) Adrin: "How about we head to the Capital. Maybe someone there will be able to contact that merchant who has our ingots"
[Tue Oct 10 20:05:16 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Do we know someone who can disguise anyone?"
[Tue Oct 10 20:05:33 2006] : (2) Dan: "No Ali, I don't have that skill"
[Tue Oct 10 20:05:46 2006] : (2) Dan: "I think Adrin has the best plan"
[Tue Oct 10 20:06:05 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin looks smug
[Tue Oct 10 20:06:13 2006] : (2) Dan: "We just forget the horses and see if we can get the ingots delivered to the capital"
[Tue Oct 10 20:06:47 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I'd like to see what those metals can do, but I don't care overly much about their value"
[Tue Oct 10 20:08:15 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Through the woods it is then"
[Tue Oct 10 20:08:31 2006] : (2) Dan: "I guess so"
[Tue Oct 10 20:09:03 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin heads off towards the tree line"
[Tue Oct 10 20:09:08 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin heads off towards the tree line
[Tue Oct 10 20:09:15 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra follows
[Tue Oct 10 20:09:37 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan stays between the two fighters
[Tue Oct 10 20:10:44 2006] : (2) Dan: "We can only hope that our deacription has not been circulated, and that we are not now subject to 'Wanted' notices"
[Tue Oct 10 20:11:12 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "We will cross that bridge when we have to"
[Tue Oct 10 20:11:36 2006] : (1) DM: The trees are widely spaced and the undergrowth is not very dense. You pass through numerous clearings, some formed from fallen trees.
[Tue Oct 10 20:11:37 2006] : (3) Adrin: "If you spend your life worrying, you'll end up doing nothing"
[Tue Oct 10 20:12:42 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan keeps his eyes peeled and ears alert as we walk
[Tue Oct 10 20:13:49 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra takes up the rear, bow in hand
[Tue Oct 10 20:14:03 2006] : (1) DM: In one clearing a mighty oak tree that was probably over a thousand years old has been uprooted, it's root system gouging a large hole in the ground.
[Tue Oct 10 20:14:11 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin has his sword ready
[Tue Oct 10 20:14:18 2006] : (1) DM: There's a faint smell of sulphur.
[Tue Oct 10 20:14:35 2006] : (2) Dan: "Hmm, sulphur"
[Tue Oct 10 20:14:45 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Is that what it is?"
[Tue Oct 10 20:14:46 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "What could that mean?"
[Tue Oct 10 20:15:11 2006] : (2) Dan: "I'm not sure. Sulphur is certainly a naturally occurring substance"
[Tue Oct 10 20:15:39 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Wonder what knocked that tree down?"
[Tue Oct 10 20:15:49 2006] : (2) Dan: "However, I don't think that this is the sort of area where it's natural"
[Tue Oct 10 20:16:00 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "A storm?"
[Tue Oct 10 20:16:06 2006] : (2) Dan: "Yes, most odd Adrin"
[Tue Oct 10 20:16:49 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc by uprooted, do you mean toppled, does it look like it was pulled up?
[Tue Oct 10 20:17:19 2006] : (1) DM: It looks like it's toppled, yes.
[Tue Oct 10 20:17:21 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan looks at the hole from a distance, puzzling
[Tue Oct 10 20:17:50 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin approaches the tree, carefully
[Tue Oct 10 20:18:09 2006] : (2) Dan: "I guess trees just fall over when they gat big. I'm no expert on nature"
[Tue Oct 10 20:18:15 2006] : (3) Adrin: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [4,3] = (7)
[Tue Oct 10 20:19:00 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I couldn't even tell what kind of tree that is. It looks big, though"
[Tue Oct 10 20:19:48 2006] : (1) DM: At the bottom of the holes is a jagged fissure in the bedrom, the sulphur smell comes from this crack in the rock. Number paw prints can be seen on the soft ground as well as a large drag mark.
[Tue Oct 10 20:19:51 2006] : (1) DM: Spot checks.
[Tue Oct 10 20:20:00 2006] : (3) Adrin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [14,5] = (19)
[Tue Oct 10 20:20:03 2006] : (2) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [9,5] = (14)
[Tue Oct 10 20:20:08 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [7,2] = (9)
[Tue Oct 10 20:21:27 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Look, theres blood on the grass"
[Tue Oct 10 20:22:17 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Probably some animal that got eaten by another. That's nature, isn't it? Red of tooth and claw?"
[Tue Oct 10 20:22:52 2006] : (2) Dan: "Hmm, probably Ali"
[Tue Oct 10 20:22:58 2006] : (3) Adrin: "There's more blood. I think the trail leads to the south"
[Tue Oct 10 20:24:11 2006] : (3) Adrin: "I wonder what animal it came from"
[Tue Oct 10 20:24:55 2006] : (5) Aliatra (enter): 20:24
[Tue Oct 10 20:25:03 2006] : (2) Dan: "I'm totally out of my depth here, I can't possibly pass comment"
[Tue Oct 10 20:25:53 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Lets keep heading East."
[Tue Oct 10 20:26:06 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Yes, let's"
[Tue Oct 10 20:26:06 2006] : Server Administrator-> Kicking '(4) Aliatra' from server... Removing dead client
[Tue Oct 10 20:26:07 2006] : (4) Aliatra (exit): 20:26
[Tue Oct 10 20:26:48 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc The bloody thing just died on me :(
[Tue Oct 10 20:26:53 2006] : (2) Dan: "Onwards"
[Tue Oct 10 20:27:21 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin sheathes his blade
[Tue Oct 10 20:28:27 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan continues with bow in hand
[Tue Oct 10 20:28:30 2006] : (1) DM: You continue eastwards, The woodland grows denser and gloomier.
[Tue Oct 10 20:28:38 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra takes up the rear again bow in hand
[Tue Oct 10 20:30:08 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc listen to those pages flipping
[Tue Oct 10 20:30:30 2006] : (1) DM: ooc well you did ignore the dungeon I had planned :(
[Tue Oct 10 20:30:31 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc I'd rather not hear it
[Tue Oct 10 20:30:56 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc I'm sure you could fit it in somewhere
[Tue Oct 10 20:31:42 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc I'm sure Adrin could decide to go back and we would follow him :)
[Tue Oct 10 20:32:00 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc or another clue
[Tue Oct 10 20:32:11 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc you could've had the trail head east
[Tue Oct 10 20:32:33 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc why are we all so eager to die? :)
[Tue Oct 10 20:32:55 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Where is the fun in keeping alive? ;)
[Tue Oct 10 20:33:07 2006] : (1) DM: Listen checks.
[Tue Oct 10 20:33:11 2006] : (3) Adrin: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [7,10] = (17)
[Tue Oct 10 20:33:22 2006] : (2) Dan: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [9,5] = (14)
[Tue Oct 10 20:33:35 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [9,2] = (11)
[Tue Oct 10 20:34:59 2006] : (1) DM: Initiative.
[Tue Oct 10 20:35:15 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin: Initiative [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
[Tue Oct 10 20:35:20 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] -> [2,7] = (9)
[Tue Oct 10 20:36:00 2006] : (2) Dan: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11)
[Tue Oct 10 20:36:05 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
[Tue Oct 10 20:37:51 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin and Dan are enveloped by strands of some sticky substance, Looking upwards you see spiders decending on sturdy sliken threads.
[Tue Oct 10 20:37:57 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Tue Oct 10 20:38:20 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc Can I reach my sword?
[Tue Oct 10 20:39:54 2006] : (1) DM: ooc hmm. looking up rules for nets...
[Tue Oct 10 20:40:59 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc we didn't see hem, or get a save?
[Tue Oct 10 20:41:23 2006] : (1) DM: ooc it's like a net attack.
[Tue Oct 10 20:41:48 2006] : (1) DM: ooc dex -4, attack bonus -2, half speed move only.
[Tue Oct 10 20:42:38 2006] : (1) DM: ooc so yes, you can reach your sword.
[Tue Oct 10 20:43:01 2006] : (1) DM: There a three spiders, about 10 ft above you.
[Tue Oct 10 20:43:18 2006] : (3) Adrin: get my sword out and try and move out from under them
[Tue Oct 10 20:43:55 2006] : (1) DM: Okay, you can only move 20 ft.
[Tue Oct 10 20:44:27 2006] : (3) Adrin: done.
[Tue Oct 10 20:45:09 2006] : (1) DM: Dan?
[Tue Oct 10 20:45:25 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you can attempt to break out btw. STR check or escape artist check.
[Tue Oct 10 20:45:41 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc sure, that'll work for me
[Tue Oct 10 20:45:48 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Oct 10 20:45:59 2006] : (2) Dan: move 15 feet
[Tue Oct 10 20:46:08 2006] : (2) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Mage Armour (level 1): Gives subject +4 armor bonus for 1 hour/level
[Tue Oct 10 20:46:34 2006] : (1) DM: Concentration check since the web is retricting you casting.
[Tue Oct 10 20:46:36 2006] : (2) Dan: Done
[Tue Oct 10 20:46:43 2006] : (2) Dan: Concetration Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [20,8] = (28)
[Tue Oct 10 20:46:48 2006] : (1) DM: Okay.
[Tue Oct 10 20:47:07 2006] : (1) DM: The spiders decended to the forest floor and move in to attack.
[Tue Oct 10 20:47:43 2006] : (1) DM: Two on Aliatra: [1d20+6] -> [8,6] = (14), [Bad dice format] - [d220+6] and one on Adrin: [1d20+4] -> [12,4] = (16)
[Tue Oct 10 20:47:51 2006] : (1) DM: Two on Aliatra: [1d20+6] -> [13,6] = (19), [1d20+6] -> [8,6] = (14) and one on Adrin: [1d20+4] -> [9,4] = (13)
[Tue Oct 10 20:47:58 2006] : (1) DM: Misses.
[Tue Oct 10 20:48:02 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Oct 10 20:48:21 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Getting my sword and attacking #3
[Tue Oct 10 20:48:24 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Greatsword, MW (base): [1d20+8] -> [10,8] = (18) ===> Damage: [2d6+5] -> [1,4,5] = (10)
[Tue Oct 10 20:49:32 2006] : (1) DM: The spider is critically injured.
[Tue Oct 10 20:49:38 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Done
[Tue Oct 10 20:49:48 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin?
[Tue Oct 10 20:49:55 2006] : (3) Adrin: swing at #1
[Tue Oct 10 20:49:59 2006] : (3) Adrin: Greatsword (base): [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [4,4,3] = (11)
[Tue Oct 10 20:50:16 2006] : (1) DM: Miss.
[Tue Oct 10 20:50:19 2006] : (3) Adrin: Done
[Tue Oct 10 20:50:22 2006] : (1) DM: Dan?
[Tue Oct 10 20:50:43 2006] : (2) Dan: Concetration Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [7,8] = (15)
[Tue Oct 10 20:50:56 2006] : (2) Dan: Casts Augmented Summon Monster II - Celestial Riding Dog (Medium magical beast): 17hp; 5 resist on acid cold and elec; AC= 15; SR = 7; Darkvision; Speed 40ft
Celestial Riding Dog attack (Smite evil) Bite [1d20+5] -> [10,5] = (15) ==> Damage: [1d6+7] -> [3,7] = (10) (treat as magical; -2 damage if not evil)

[Tue Oct 10 20:51:27 2006] : (2) Dan: on 2
[Tue Oct 10 20:51:46 2006] : (2) Dan: Step back a bit more
[Tue Oct 10 20:51:50 2006] : (2) Dan: Done
[Tue Oct 10 20:51:54 2006] : (1) DM: The dog chews off a mouth full of legs.
[Tue Oct 10 20:52:04 2006] : (1) DM: Two on Aliatra: [1d20+6] -> [12,6] = (18), [1d20+6] -> [14,6] = (20) and one on Adrin: [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15)
[Tue Oct 10 20:52:24 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, [1d6] -> [3] = (3) damage a fort save.
[Tue Oct 10 20:52:36 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Fortitude save: [1d20+7] -> [1,7] = (8)
[Tue Oct 10 20:52:51 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, [1d6] -> [4] = (4) damage a fort save.
[Tue Oct 10 20:52:59 2006] : (3) Adrin: Fortitude save: [1d20+7] -> [7,7] = (14)
[Tue Oct 10 20:53:15 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, take [1d4] -> [1] = (1) STR damage.
[Tue Oct 10 20:53:26 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Tue Oct 10 20:53:34 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Why always my STR?
[Tue Oct 10 20:54:15 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Hitting #3 again
[Tue Oct 10 20:54:19 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Greatsword, MW (base): [1d20+7] -> [11,7] = (18) ===> Damage: [2d6+4] -> [4,1,4] = (9)
[Tue Oct 10 20:54:40 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc didn't the one on Adrin miss?
[Tue Oct 10 20:54:54 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc nope: -4 dex drops AC to 15
[Tue Oct 10 20:54:56 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin is suffering a -4 penalty to dex due to the web.
[Tue Oct 10 20:55:04 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc ah, so he is
[Tue Oct 10 20:55:30 2006] : (1) DM: Spider is killed, it's chitinous shell cracked and oozing.
[Tue Oct 10 20:55:35 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Done
[Tue Oct 10 20:55:47 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin?
[Tue Oct 10 20:55:59 2006] : (3) Adrin: #1 again
[Tue Oct 10 20:56:02 2006] : (3) Adrin: Greatsword (base): [1d20+7] -> [20,7] = (27) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [2,4,3] = (9)
[Tue Oct 10 20:56:02 2006] : (3) Adrin: Critical hit? [1d20+7] -> [10,7] = (17) ===> Damage: [4d6+6] -> [1,6,4,3,6] = (20)
[Tue Oct 10 20:56:28 2006] : (1) DM: I think it's dead....
[Tue Oct 10 20:56:50 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc It just about could be
[Tue Oct 10 20:57:10 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin roars at the spider as it splits in two slimey halves
[Tue Oct 10 20:57:29 2006] : (1) DM: Dan?
[Tue Oct 10 20:57:30 2006] : (3) Adrin: move and done
[Tue Oct 10 20:57:42 2006] : (2) Dan: Augmented Celestial Riding Dog: Dog attacks: Bite [1d20+5] -> [14,5] = (19) ==> Damage: [1d6+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
[Tue Oct 10 20:58:08 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan tries to break free
[Tue Oct 10 20:58:19 2006] : (2) Dan: Escape Artist Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [12,4] = (16)
[Tue Oct 10 20:58:23 2006] : (2) Dan: Done
[Tue Oct 10 20:58:32 2006] : (1) DM: The dog chews a few more legs off and the spider dies.
[Tue Oct 10 20:58:56 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, you escape from the strands of the web,
[Tue Oct 10 20:58:59 2006] : (1) DM: (combat over)
[Tue Oct 10 20:59:28 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin wipes the slime from his sword and sheathes it
[Tue Oct 10 20:59:31 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin wipes the slime from his sword and sheathes it
[Tue Oct 10 20:59:36 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra puts her sword back and flexes her muscles
[Tue Oct 10 20:59:56 2006] : (3) Adrin: Str check: [1d20+2] -> [19,2] = (21)
[Tue Oct 10 21:00:15 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan walks over to the others
[Tue Oct 10 21:00:16 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "One measly bite and my strength diminishes"
[Tue Oct 10 21:00:20 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc whats the DC?
[Tue Oct 10 21:00:27 2006] : (2) Dan: "You were bitten?"
[Tue Oct 10 21:00:40 2006] : (1) DM: 300 XP each.
[Tue Oct 10 21:00:44 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Yes, by one of them"
[Tue Oct 10 21:00:52 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin you break free of the web.
[Tue Oct 10 21:01:04 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Hopefully you'll feel better after a nights rest"
[Tue Oct 10 21:01:25 2006] : (2) Dan: "I wish that there were something I could offer to help"
[Tue Oct 10 21:02:10 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Let's wait how it goes, shall we?"
[Tue Oct 10 21:03:05 2006] : (1) DM: Continuing?
[Tue Oct 10 21:03:27 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Yep
[Tue Oct 10 21:03:50 2006] : (1) DM: Another fort save Aliatra
[Tue Oct 10 21:04:21 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Fortitude save: [1d20+7] -> [16,7] = (23)
[Tue Oct 10 21:04:39 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc better
[Tue Oct 10 21:04:40 2006] : (1) DM: k.
[Tue Oct 10 21:05:42 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Let's get away from here, I don't like this place"
[Tue Oct 10 21:06:20 2006] : (1) DM: You continue eastwards for a few hours.
[Tue Oct 10 21:06:26 2006] : (2) Dan: Shall we search and see if there's any ites in their webs?"
[Tue Oct 10 21:06:35 2006] : (2) Dan: items?
[Tue Oct 10 21:06:37 2006] : (1) DM: you don't continue...
[Tue Oct 10 21:06:42 2006] : (1) DM: Search checks.
[Tue Oct 10 21:06:50 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [16,2] = (18)
[Tue Oct 10 21:06:52 2006] : (2) Dan: Search Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [14,7] = (21)
[Tue Oct 10 21:06:52 2006] : (3) Adrin: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [13,2] = (15)
[Tue Oct 10 21:07:02 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc take 20 for 27
[Tue Oct 10 21:08:17 2006] : (1) DM: Their web contain bones in varous stages of decay. And as you pick through them you find silver amulet in the shape of an acorn.
[Tue Oct 10 21:08:27 2006] : (2) Dan: "Who knows who else was unfortunate enough to fall into these webs"
[Tue Oct 10 21:08:50 2006] : (2) Dan: "Hmm, a silver amulet in the shape of an acorn" ;)
[Tue Oct 10 21:09:04 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "An acorn? Looks like something our druid might enjoy"
[Tue Oct 10 21:09:17 2006] : (2) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Detect Magic (level 0): Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
[Tue Oct 10 21:09:24 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Yeah"
[Tue Oct 10 21:09:27 2006] : (2) Dan: "Certainly does"
[Tue Oct 10 21:10:05 2006] : (1) DM: It's non magical.
[Tue Oct 10 21:11:23 2006] : (2) Dan: "Not magical, we can appraise it later I guess"
[Tue Oct 10 21:12:21 2006] : (2) Dan: "Let's go"
[Tue Oct 10 21:12:53 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Far away from here"
[Tue Oct 10 21:13:26 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin nods and heads off East again
[Tue Oct 10 21:13:28 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra takes up the rear, bow in hand
[Tue Oct 10 21:14:09 2006] : (1) DM: You head onwards, and the air takes on the scent of wood smoke.
[Tue Oct 10 21:15:32 2006] : (1) DM: Which gets stronger as you go east.
[Tue Oct 10 21:15:48 2006] : (2) Dan: "Someone ahead?"
[Tue Oct 10 21:16:03 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Or the woods are burning"
[Tue Oct 10 21:16:34 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin moves a little further ahead of the others
[Tue Oct 10 21:19:06 2006] : (1) DM: The trees in this area have been extensively coppiced and you eventually reach a clearing where a group of charcoal burners tend their charcoal burning mounds.
[Tue Oct 10 21:19:47 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin lets the group catch up
[Tue Oct 10 21:19:55 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "What are they doing there? Burning the wood?"
[Tue Oct 10 21:20:46 2006] : (2) Dan: "I'm not sure"
[Tue Oct 10 21:22:03 2006] : (1) Georg: "Hello, there." Says one of the men politely but somewhat warily.
[Tue Oct 10 21:22:05 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Lets go see"
[Tue Oct 10 21:22:19 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Hello, sir. Well met"
[Tue Oct 10 21:23:08 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Have you had any trouble with spiders round here?"
[Tue Oct 10 21:23:42 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan stands a little back, but nods acknowledgement
[Tue Oct 10 21:23:56 2006] : (1) Georg: "Huh, Spiders are no trouble." he says, hefting a substantial blade used (presumably) for cutting the trees.
[Tue Oct 10 21:24:23 2006] : (1) Georg: "What you want to be worried about are the monsters stalking the western edge."
[Tue Oct 10 21:25:01 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Really? Whats over there?"
[Tue Oct 10 21:26:36 2006] : (1) Georg: "Dunno what they are, but they take down a deer like it was a mouse."
[Tue Oct 10 21:26:58 2006] : (1) Georg: "They just started showing up too."
[Tue Oct 10 21:27:06 2006] : (3) Adrin: To the others: "Maybe thats what knocked the tree down"
[Tue Oct 10 21:27:39 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "When did they first appear?"
[Tue Oct 10 21:28:26 2006] : (2) Dan: "Has anyone seen them?"
[Tue Oct 10 21:28:35 2006] : (1) Georg: "A couple of weeks ago it must have been."
[Tue Oct 10 21:29:10 2006] : (1) Georg: "One of the others caught a glimpse. about 4 ft tall, four legs and black.
[Tue Oct 10 21:29:35 2006] : (3) Adrin: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
[Tue Oct 10 21:29:43 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Oct 10 21:29:45 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18)
[Tue Oct 10 21:29:48 2006] : (2) Dan: "Sounds like a bear to me, but I'm no expert"
[Tue Oct 10 21:29:59 2006] : (2) Dan: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [7,10] = (17)
[Tue Oct 10 21:30:04 2006] : (3) Adrin: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18)
[Tue Oct 10 21:30:50 2006] : (1) Georg: "They're not bears. Too fierce and they're really abotu 2ft high."
[Tue Oct 10 21:31:06 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Big bears then?"
[Tue Oct 10 21:32:00 2006] : (1) Georg: ooc 2ft hight would be a small bear. Sorry for getting the size wrong first time.
[Tue Oct 10 21:32:05 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Sure: big bears, bigger bears, really really really big bears"
[Tue Oct 10 21:32:33 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc ah, ok.
[Tue Oct 10 21:33:06 2006] : (3) Adrin: "C'mon Dan, you can't say you're not curious"
[Tue Oct 10 21:33:11 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc confused :( - The creatures are 2 ft high?
[Tue Oct 10 21:33:18 2006] : (1) Georg: ooc yes.
[Tue Oct 10 21:33:24 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc ok
[Tue Oct 10 21:33:50 2006] : (2) Dan: "Of course, especially if they're athreat to the local folk"
[Tue Oct 10 21:34:09 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "That doesn't sound too big, 2 ft high. Are you sure that were the creatures that killed all the deer?"
[Tue Oct 10 21:34:38 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "A threat to whom? They just kill deer"
[Tue Oct 10 21:35:13 2006] : (1) Georg: "I reckon they wouldn't turn their nose up at a human. Sound like right evil creatures they do."
[Tue Oct 10 21:36:37 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc how long have we been travelling?
[Tue Oct 10 21:36:44 2006] : (2) Dan: "Where would you say is the best place to start looking?"
[Tue Oct 10 21:37:03 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "So now what? Are we turning back now to kill us some vrmin?"
[Tue Oct 10 21:37:27 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Why not? Have you somewhere to be in a hurry?"
[Tue Oct 10 21:37:32 2006] : (1) Georg: "Er. I wouldn't go looking for them. Though I guess you look like you know what you're doing."
[Tue Oct 10 21:37:37 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Just because at one time they might decide to attack humans?"
[Tue Oct 10 21:37:54 2006] : (1) Georg: "They must have lairs of some sort."
[Tue Oct 10 21:38:42 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I have but one live and I intend to make it last"
[Tue Oct 10 21:39:06 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Ah wheres you're sense of adventure?"
[Tue Oct 10 21:39:13 2006] : (2) Dan: "After your recent encounter, I'd have thought you'd be glad to exterminate a few more dangerous vermin"
[Tue Oct 10 21:40:15 2006] : (3) Adrin: To georg: "Speaking of which, do you know anything about spider bites?"
[Tue Oct 10 21:40:31 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "We don't even knwo how dangerous they are. They might be harmless except against deer. If I was sure they were a threat to humans..."
[Tue Oct 10 21:41:04 2006] : (1) Georg: "They can be painful but most aren't fatal."
[Tue Oct 10 21:41:32 2006] : (3) Adrin: "My friend here got bitten, and feels a bit weak"
[Tue Oct 10 21:41:36 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "It'll pass, Adrin"
[Tue Oct 10 21:42:18 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Its worth checking if you want to make your life last as you intend"
[Tue Oct 10 21:44:17 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Perhaps, but I feel fine otherwise and my weakness from those ghosts also passed"
[Tue Oct 10 21:45:44 2006] : (5) Aliatra: 'It seems the majority is in favour of hunting vermin. Where do we start? At that tree?"
[Tue Oct 10 21:46:44 2006] : (2) Dan: "Maybe that would be the best place"
[Tue Oct 10 21:46:57 2006] : (3) Adrin: "We could follow that trail of blood"
[Tue Oct 10 21:48:15 2006] : (2) Dan: "Lets go then"
[Tue Oct 10 21:49:20 2006] : (2) Dan: ...
[Tue Oct 10 21:49:51 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Yeah,let's go"
[Tue Oct 10 21:49:55 2006] : (1) Georg: Survival rolls seeing as there are no trails or paths to be followed back to the fallen tree.
[Tue Oct 10 21:50:05 2006] : (2) Dan: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [16,1] = (17)
[Tue Oct 10 21:50:06 2006] : (3) Adrin: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [20,8] = (28)
[Tue Oct 10 21:50:31 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [6,8] = (14)
[Tue Oct 10 21:50:47 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc thats a whole lifetime of 20's I've had tonight.
[Tue Oct 10 21:51:16 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Oct 10 21:51:17 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Any more and you'll trip my cheat-o-meter ;)
[Tue Oct 10 21:52:04 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin leads the way back to the clearing with the fallen tree and the large crevice in the ground.
[Tue Oct 10 21:52:06 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc better start work on my anti-cheat-o-meter-matic
[Tue Oct 10 21:52:47 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Make sure to send me the specs when yours is working
[Tue Oct 10 21:53:11 2006] : (1) DM: You reach it a few hours before dusk.
[Tue Oct 10 21:53:29 2006] : (1) DM: There is still a smell of sulphur.
[Tue Oct 10 21:53:41 2006] : (2) Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+12] -> [17,12] = (29)
[Tue Oct 10 21:53:54 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Oct 10 21:54:02 2006] : (2) Dan: Craft: Alchemy Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [2,10] = (12)
[Tue Oct 10 21:54:35 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan examines the hole where the sulphur is coming from
[Tue Oct 10 21:54:41 2006] : (1) DM: Smells like these can be volcanic on origin.
[Tue Oct 10 21:54:59 2006] : (3) Adrin: "You think these creatures could be causing that smell?"
[Tue Oct 10 21:55:59 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Do you mean like enormous, sulphuric farts?"
[Tue Oct 10 21:56:24 2006] : (2) Dan: "No, this seems to be coming from the bones of the earth"
[Tue Oct 10 21:56:51 2006] : (2) Dan: "The felled tree may be irrelevant. The bloodstain is more what we're after"
[Tue Oct 10 21:56:51 2006] : (3) Adrin: "You paint a lovely picture Ali"
[Tue Oct 10 21:57:15 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin looks for the trail again, taking 20
[Tue Oct 10 21:57:28 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Thank you" Aliatra smiles
[Tue Oct 10 21:58:14 2006] : (1) DM: The blood spots can still be seen, Survivial roll to track the trail of spots.
[Tue Oct 10 21:58:19 2006] : (3) Adrin: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [2,8] = (10)
[Tue Oct 10 21:58:33 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc here we go with the crap rools
[Tue Oct 10 21:58:37 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc rolls
[Tue Oct 10 21:58:38 2006] : (2) Dan: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [14,1] = (15)
[Tue Oct 10 21:58:55 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [15,8] = (23)
[Tue Oct 10 22:00:19 2006] : (1) DM: You follow the trail for a short distance or a area with recently disturbed earth as though a struggle had taken place.
[Tue Oct 10 22:00:36 2006] : (1) DM: You can search the area for further clues.
[Tue Oct 10 22:00:36 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Hmmm"
[Tue Oct 10 22:00:49 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [17,2] = (19)
[Tue Oct 10 22:00:52 2006] : (3) Adrin: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [7,2] = (9)
[Tue Oct 10 22:01:07 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "What has happened here?"
[Tue Oct 10 22:01:14 2006] : (2) Dan: Search Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [1,7] = (8)
[Tue Oct 10 22:01:32 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc take 20 on search = 27
[Tue Oct 10 22:01:39 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra spots a boot print
[Tue Oct 10 22:02:03 2006] : (1) DM: as does Dan.
[Tue Oct 10 22:02:21 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Take a look over here, Adrin, it looks like a boot print"
[Tue Oct 10 22:03:22 2006] : (2) Dan: "Well Ali, that combined with the blood can't be good"
[Tue Oct 10 22:03:30 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Yes it does. Here's you evidence they attack humans Ali"
[Tue Oct 10 22:03:39 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "So maybe they are a danger to humans after all"
[Tue Oct 10 22:03:57 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Let's move on"
[Tue Oct 10 22:04:02 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [17,8] = (25)
[Tue Oct 10 22:04:46 2006] : (1) DM: Move on where?
[Tue Oct 10 22:05:12 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc any more blood/ drag marks?
[Tue Oct 10 22:05:13 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Following the tracks frther
[Tue Oct 10 22:05:21 2006] : (5) Aliatra: further
[Tue Oct 10 22:05:27 2006] : (2) Dan: "Maybe we have this wrong. Maybe the blood trail terminated at the stump"
[Tue Oct 10 22:06:10 2006] : (2) Dan: "The fact that there's a boot print here, followed by a trail of blood suggests that whatever was stnding here, was not standing at the stump"
[Tue Oct 10 22:06:19 2006] : (3) Adrin: "So whatever was attacked, got dragged down there?"
[Tue Oct 10 22:06:28 2006] : (2) Dan: "Maybe"
[Tue Oct 10 22:06:44 2006] : (2) Dan: "Then we just need to see how to open the crack"
[Tue Oct 10 22:07:00 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Do the tracks stop here and perhaps double back?
[Tue Oct 10 22:07:18 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you can' t tell.
[Tue Oct 10 22:08:07 2006] : (2) Dan: "Either way, the trail dies here"
[Tue Oct 10 22:08:11 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Do I see tracks leading away from here, other than the ones we followed?
[Tue Oct 10 22:08:55 2006] : (1) DM: all you can see are the spot of blood.
[Tue Oct 10 22:09:03 2006] : (1) DM: spots of blood
[Tue Oct 10 22:10:00 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Its getting dark. We should set up camp, but not near here or the tree"
[Tue Oct 10 22:10:08 2006] : (1) DM: You don't see any prints except the boot print and the scuffed ground where there was a struggle.
[Tue Oct 10 22:10:10 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc And do they continue from here or do they seem to stop?
[Tue Oct 10 22:10:42 2006] : (2) Dan: "OK, let's camp, and maybe we'll see what's around"
[Tue Oct 10 22:10:58 2006] : (2) Dan: "I'll take the last watch"
[Tue Oct 10 22:11:12 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I'll take first"
[Tue Oct 10 22:11:32 2006] : (3) Adrin: "I'm in the middle then"
[Tue Oct 10 22:11:45 2006] : (1) DM: They contine from here back to the tree. Is it not blindingly obvious that the crevice is the creatures' lair???
[Tue Oct 10 22:12:10 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc It is to the players, but not yet to the characters ;)
[Tue Oct 10 22:12:40 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc was the crevice accessible?
[Tue Oct 10 22:12:48 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc need a big sign. 'This way to the Lair'
[Tue Oct 10 22:12:57 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc I got the impression that it was just a narrow crack
[Tue Oct 10 22:13:06 2006] : (1) DM: It was large enough to crawl through and it appeared to slope steeply downwards.
[Tue Oct 10 22:13:26 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc ah, that I didn't get
[Tue Oct 10 22:15:09 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc It would be, since the DM wants us down there ;)
[Tue Oct 10 22:15:32 2006] : (2) Dan: "So, back to the crivice before nightfall, or camp out and wait?"
[Tue Oct 10 22:15:59 2006] : (3) Adrin: "I dont want to camp beside that. Never know what will come out"
[Tue Oct 10 22:16:18 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "We'd better remain here"
[Tue Oct 10 22:17:08 2006] : (2) Dan: "Maybe we could wait outside the crevice in ambush?"
[Tue Oct 10 22:17:47 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Or just head on in now. I didn't want to fight at night, but I guess if we're going underground it wont matter"
[Tue Oct 10 22:17:57 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Not before we are well rested"
[Tue Oct 10 22:18:58 2006] : (2) Dan: "Are you still suffering from your bite?"
[Tue Oct 10 22:19:23 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc you only get back 1 ability point per night's rest
[Tue Oct 10 22:19:33 2006] : (1) DM: ooc she only lost one.
[Tue Oct 10 22:19:34 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Just a bit, it's not the pain, but the loss of strength that bothers me"
[Tue Oct 10 22:19:47 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc That's quite eniugh, since I only lost one
[Tue Oct 10 22:20:10 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I want to pray for guidance first before we go in"
[Tue Oct 10 22:20:59 2006] : (2) Dan: "Well, if that's what you feel you need, then we had better rest"
[Tue Oct 10 22:20:59 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc I'm currently down 20Hp though
[Tue Oct 10 22:21:27 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "And it seems you could do with some healing, Adrin"
[Tue Oct 10 22:21:38 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan lays out his bedroll and sits in a trance
[Tue Oct 10 22:21:58 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc Ali should have a full set of spells to heal Adrin, no?
[Tue Oct 10 22:22:36 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ALiatra cures Adrin
[Tue Oct 10 22:22:41 2006] : (5) Aliatra: [2d8+2] -> [1,6,2] = (9)
[Tue Oct 10 22:23:10 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Ah, thank you"
[Tue Oct 10 22:23:19 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes, you did rest after the fight with the cockawhatsits.
[Tue Oct 10 22:23:26 2006] : (1) DM: ooc cockatrice.
[Tue Oct 10 22:23:41 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Hold on, I think I have still 1 left"
[Tue Oct 10 22:23:47 2006] : (5) Aliatra: [1d8+1] -> [1,1] = (2)
[Tue Oct 10 22:24:10 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc I think we're paying for all those 20s
[Tue Oct 10 22:24:36 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc I guess
[Tue Oct 10 22:25:05 2006] : (1) DM: Shouldn't you have more than 1 level 1 spell?
[Tue Oct 10 22:25:26 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc she did 2 CLWs in 1 I thought
[Tue Oct 10 22:25:58 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc and domain spells cannot be spontaneously cast
[Tue Oct 10 22:26:16 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc In that case the last one doesn't count
[Tue Oct 10 22:26:41 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc And yes, the first one were 2 in 1
[Tue Oct 10 22:26:53 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc a nights sleep will get me close to full
[Tue Oct 10 22:27:14 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc but Ali can cast all orisons as cure minor wounds
[Tue Oct 10 22:27:31 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc of which she should have 3
[Tue Oct 10 22:27:31 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra takes a good look at Adrin's wounds
[Tue Oct 10 22:27:34 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
[Tue Oct 10 22:27:45 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Which means another 3 HP
[Tue Oct 10 22:27:46 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Ow!"
[Tue Oct 10 22:27:59 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Sorry"
[Tue Oct 10 22:28:33 2006] : (3) Adrin: "S'ok."
[Tue Oct 10 22:29:12 2006] : (2) Dan: "Give me a shout when it's my turn to watch"
[Tue Oct 10 22:29:21 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "I will"
[Tue Oct 10 22:30:10 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Well, I will since I'm second"
[Tue Oct 10 22:30:30 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Adrin will"
[Tue Oct 10 22:30:32 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin settles down to sleep
[Tue Oct 10 22:30:51 2006] : (1) DM: [1d3] -> [1] = (1)
[Tue Oct 10 22:31:00 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, spot check.
[Tue Oct 10 22:31:11 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+13] -> [15,13] = (28)
[Tue Oct 10 22:31:12 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [14,2] = (16)
[Tue Oct 10 22:31:42 2006] : (1) DM: The night passes apparently uneventfully.
[Tue Oct 10 22:32:50 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Do'n't you just hate it when the DM says something like that?
[Tue Oct 10 22:33:21 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan reads from his spellbook
[Tue Oct 10 22:33:54 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra wakes up and prays
[Tue Oct 10 22:34:01 2006] : (1) DM: ooc With a 28 hide check you didn't see it...
[Tue Oct 10 22:34:18 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin gets up and gets ready quickly
[Tue Oct 10 22:34:41 2006] : (3) Adrin: ooc and what you can't see, cant hurt you, right? :)
[Tue Oct 10 22:36:03 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc Right! ;-)
[Tue Oct 10 22:36:33 2006] : (2) Dan: "So, off we go to check that crevice?"
[Tue Oct 10 22:36:54 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Aye"
[Tue Oct 10 22:37:32 2006] : (2) Dan: Aryadan Casts: Mage Armour (level 1): Gives subject +4 armor bonus for 1 hour/level
[Tue Oct 10 22:38:23 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Does anyone know how many of them ther are or what they might be?"
[Tue Oct 10 22:38:51 2006] : (3) Adrin: "No idea"
[Tue Oct 10 22:38:55 2006] : (2) Dan: "I have no idea. We can always try to run away if it's something terrible"
[Tue Oct 10 22:38:58 2006] : (1) DM: The crevice is of black rock with rough jagged edged. It is some 4 ft wide at the widest point and 14 ft long
[Tue Oct 10 22:39:18 2006] : (1) DM: The sides slope down sharpely at an angle of 45 degrees.
[Tue Oct 10 22:39:26 2006] : (2) Dan: "But the impression I got was that it was nothing too dangerous for us seasoned adventurers"
[Tue Oct 10 22:39:32 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan grins
[Tue Oct 10 22:39:42 2006] : (1) DM: You'll need to scramble down backwards.
[Tue Oct 10 22:39:48 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra grins back
[Tue Oct 10 22:40:11 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc can we see how far down it goes?
[Tue Oct 10 22:41:28 2006] : (1) DM: It's deeper than you can see (more than 60 ft).
[Tue Oct 10 22:41:40 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra gets a rope from her backpack
[Tue Oct 10 22:41:54 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "This should halp for the first bit down"
[Tue Oct 10 22:42:05 2006] : (3) Adrin: "Me first then?"
[Tue Oct 10 22:42:21 2006] : (2) Dan: "I can cast light on a rock and drop it down there, though that would give it warning"
[Tue Oct 10 22:42:27 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "And me second or last? What do you think, Dan?"
[Tue Oct 10 22:42:45 2006] : (2) Dan: "Having said that I don't imagine we'll be quiet getting down there anyway"
[Tue Oct 10 22:42:49 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "If we need ligth, I've still got the ring"
[Tue Oct 10 22:43:34 2006] : (2) Dan: "I can cast a shield spell that makes me difficult to hit, then go first if you like"
[Tue Oct 10 22:44:24 2006] : (3) Adrin: "If you want. You seem pretty hard to hit when you want to be"
[Tue Oct 10 22:44:31 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "No need for that, Dan, just let the fighters go first and you can get our backs"
[Tue Oct 10 22:44:53 2006] : (2) Dan: "OK, then I'll be last"
[Tue Oct 10 22:46:20 2006] : (2) Dan: "Are we ready?"
[Tue Oct 10 22:46:38 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "As ready as I'll ever be"
[Tue Oct 10 22:46:40 2006] : (3) Adrin: "I am"
[Tue Oct 10 22:47:28 2006] : (2) Dan: "Then let's go"
[Tue Oct 10 22:47:50 2006] : (3) Adrin: Adrin grabs the rope and starts down the slope
[Tue Oct 10 22:48:30 2006] : (1) DM: Was the rope tied to anything?
[Tue Oct 10 22:48:35 2006] : (5) Aliatra: "Wait for us when you get down there"
[Tue Oct 10 22:48:44 2006] : (5) Aliatra: ooc To the roots of the tree
[Tue Oct 10 22:48:54 2006] : (1) DM: Okay.
[Tue Oct 10 22:49:48 2006] : (1) DM: You decended into the dark fissure for some 100 ft, as you decend it widens until you have enough head room to stand.
[Tue Oct 10 22:50:41 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan follows when Ali is down
[Tue Oct 10 22:50:59 2006] : (1) DM: At the bottom the crive as widened to a low ceiling cave with two passages heading west and east. The floor is covered in sharp, rough gravel.
[Tue Oct 10 22:51:34 2006] : (1) DM: Sulphurous fumes vent from a stubby, small chimney like rock formation.
[Tue Oct 10 22:51:46 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Aliatra looks at the floor, trying to see tracks
[Tue Oct 10 22:51:48 2006] : (1) DM: It is noticably warmer within than outside.
[Tue Oct 10 22:51:50 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan picks up a stone and casts...
[Tue Oct 10 22:51:50 2006] : (5) Aliatra: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
[Tue Oct 10 22:52:01 2006] : (2) Dan: Light
[Tue Oct 10 22:52:05 2006] : (1) DM: The gravel doesn't show any tracks.
[Tue Oct 10 22:52:13 2006] : (1) DM: GAME END