Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / The Dark Trade - 26 September 2006

[Tue Sep 26 19:15:32 2006] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Tue Sep 26 19:16:16 2006] : (1) DM: The crew of the Waveskimmer put you ashore on a small, secluded cove south of Westharbour.
[Tue Sep 26 19:16:53 2006] : (1) DM: The tide line is littered with seaweed, driftwood and other detritus.
[Tue Sep 26 19:17:17 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Let's see if they dropped us somewhere more or less safe"
[Tue Sep 26 19:17:42 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Looks quite quiet"
[Tue Sep 26 19:17:48 2006] : (1) DM: You see a narrow path climbing up the steep cliffs and a small stream trickles form a fissure.
[Tue Sep 26 19:18:03 2006] : (2) Dan: "I wouldn't know safe from unsafe in this sort of area"
[Tue Sep 26 19:18:13 2006] : (1) DM: The fissure looks wide enough for medium-sized humanoids to pass though.
[Tue Sep 26 19:18:45 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I'm more at home in the city myself, but we'll manage just fine"
[Tue Sep 26 19:19:35 2006] : (2) Dan: "Well, i guess we can only move on and hope that we don't do anything dangerous"
[Tue Sep 26 19:20:00 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Anuthing more dangerous than usual?"
[Tue Sep 26 19:20:07 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra laughs
[Tue Sep 26 19:20:22 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan smiles
[Tue Sep 26 19:20:31 2006] : (2) Dan: "I mean like falling down a cliff"
[Tue Sep 26 19:20:42 2006] : (2) Dan: "Featherfall is not in my spell list"
[Tue Sep 26 19:21:03 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Awww, that's a shame. We'd better be careful then"
[Tue Sep 26 19:21:35 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Well that path suggests people do come down here, so its can't be that dangerous"
[Tue Sep 26 19:22:16 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I'll defer to your superios knowledge, Darin"
[Tue Sep 26 19:22:53 2006] : (4) Adrin: "I'm only guessing"
[Tue Sep 26 19:22:57 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan makes for the fissure and the path
[Tue Sep 26 19:23:10 2006] : (5) Lia (enter): 19:23
[Tue Sep 26 19:23:14 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra takes up the rear
[Tue Sep 26 19:23:42 2006] : (1) DM: Spot checks.
[Tue Sep 26 19:23:46 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc well done Del
[Tue Sep 26 19:23:55 2006] : (4) Adrin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
[Tue Sep 26 19:23:56 2006] : (2) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [3,5] = (8)
[Tue Sep 26 19:24:06 2006] : (5) Lia: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [16,5] = (21)
[Tue Sep 26 19:24:40 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [11,2] = (13)
[Tue Sep 26 19:25:49 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc am I still here?
[Tue Sep 26 19:25:58 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes
[Tue Sep 26 19:26:06 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Yep, we're just leaving the beach
[Tue Sep 26 19:28:20 2006] : (1) DM: Lia is taking some time to examine some tracks she's found.
[Tue Sep 26 19:28:37 2006] : (5) Lia: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [16,8] = (24)
[Tue Sep 26 19:29:45 2006] : (1) DM: ooc can I get a knowledge: dungeoneering roll as well?
[Tue Sep 26 19:29:55 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [14,3] = (17)
[Tue Sep 26 19:30:03 2006] : (1) DM: ooc from Lia only.
[Tue Sep 26 19:30:10 2006] : (5) Lia: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Sep 26 19:30:21 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc thought so
[Tue Sep 26 19:30:32 2006] : (5) Lia: although I did say I would add a point at 4th level
[Tue Sep 26 19:30:39 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc and did not get to finish my node
[Tue Sep 26 19:31:07 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Just a bit eager, I guess ;)
[Tue Sep 26 19:31:16 2006] : (5) Lia: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [17,3] = (20)
[Tue Sep 26 19:31:19 2006] : (1) DM: Lia has identified some tracks from a large, multilegged creature with short stubby legs each with a single large claw. Drag marks from the creatures body can be seen.
[Tue Sep 26 19:31:54 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Which way was it going?"
[Tue Sep 26 19:32:00 2006] : (1) DM: From the marks Lia concludes that the creature (whatever it is) has been scavenging for food amongst the tide-line debris.
[Tue Sep 26 19:32:29 2006] : (1) DM: The tracks leave and enter the fissure in the cliff.
[Tue Sep 26 19:32:37 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "How old are these tracks?"
[Tue Sep 26 19:32:38 2006] : (5) Lia: "Somewhere that way"
[Tue Sep 26 19:32:46 2006] : (5) Lia: Lia points to the cliff
[Tue Sep 26 19:33:08 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan takes a look at the tracks and tries to make anything out
[Tue Sep 26 19:33:25 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Anyone fancy going to see what it is?"
[Tue Sep 26 19:33:47 2006] : (2) Dan: "I think it's on our way out of here anyway, otherwise I'd say let it alone
[Tue Sep 26 19:33:57 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Spoiling for a fight again, Adrin?"
[Tue Sep 26 19:34:12 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Do none of you have a sense of adventure?"
[Tue Sep 26 19:34:43 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc no, just reread the description, i got confused and assumed the path went through the fissure
[Tue Sep 26 19:34:57 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "There's adventure and there's fighting for the fight itself"
[Tue Sep 26 19:35:36 2006] : (2) Dan: "We can check it out if you want. But it seems to be just some creature living its life on the beach"
[Tue Sep 26 19:36:15 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Alright, lets leave it alone then"
[Tue Sep 26 19:36:31 2006] : (4) Adrin: Adrin walks on
[Tue Sep 26 19:36:44 2006] : (2) Dan: Survival Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [1,1] = (2)
[Tue Sep 26 19:36:51 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Adrin takes up the rear again, bow at the ready
[Tue Sep 26 19:37:38 2006] : (4) Adrin: "I suppose a decent nights rest would be a good idea"
[Tue Sep 26 19:37:58 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I wouldn't mind that"
[Tue Sep 26 19:38:08 2006] : (5) Lia: "At some point anyway"
[Tue Sep 26 19:38:40 2006] : (2) Dan: "Yes, I could do with a rest too. But I doubt that down here is any good to us"
[Tue Sep 26 19:39:10 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Let's leave those trackes way behind us first"
[Tue Sep 26 19:39:27 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc brb
[Tue Sep 26 19:39:30 2006] : (1) DM: Another spot check.
[Tue Sep 26 19:39:37 2006] : (2) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [15,5] = (20)
[Tue Sep 26 19:39:40 2006] : (4) Adrin: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [5,5] = (10)
[Tue Sep 26 19:39:43 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [3,2] = (5)
[Tue Sep 26 19:41:04 2006] : (1) DM: Something catches Dan's eye amongst the pebbles and rocks at the base of the cliff.
[Tue Sep 26 19:42:37 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan picks up an odd pebble and examines it
[Tue Sep 26 19:43:31 2006] : (1) DM: Dan picks up what appears to be at first glance a large pebble but when it's lifed from the cranny in the rock is seems to be a small statuette of a bird.
[Tue Sep 26 19:43:32 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Dan, can we get of this beach now?"
[Tue Sep 26 19:43:33 2006] : (4) Adrin: "What have you got there Dan?"
[Tue Sep 26 19:44:11 2006] : (2) Dan: "Just an odd pebble. It's different enough to catch my eye"
[Tue Sep 26 19:44:24 2006] : (2) Dan: "OH"
[Tue Sep 26 19:44:34 2006] : (2) Dan: "It's an odd statuette"
[Tue Sep 26 19:44:40 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Different how?"
[Tue Sep 26 19:44:40 2006] : (1) DM: The bird is posed in a dramatic way with wings outstretched and beak agape.
[Tue Sep 26 19:45:00 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc back
[Tue Sep 26 19:45:00 2006] : (1) DM: Most interestingly the statuette appears to have no plinth.
[Tue Sep 26 19:45:10 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "A statuette that small? And just look at the detail!"
[Tue Sep 26 19:45:27 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Whats that doing down here?"
[Tue Sep 26 19:45:35 2006] : (1) DM: It appears to be a small sea bird of some sort. Perhaps a tern or similar.
[Tue Sep 26 19:45:55 2006] : (2) Dan: "Hmm, I'm getting a bad fwwling about this"
[Tue Sep 26 19:46:08 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan begins to move away
[Tue Sep 26 19:46:16 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Do you suppose it could be magical?"
[Tue Sep 26 19:46:23 2006] : (1) DM: If you look carefully you notice that even the feathers have been painstakingly carved in equisite detail.
[Tue Sep 26 19:46:24 2006] : (2) Dan: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [16,10] = (26)
[Tue Sep 26 19:46:49 2006] : (2) Dan: Appraise Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [7,5] = (12)
[Tue Sep 26 19:46:54 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Surely its just a small, strangely placed statue"
[Tue Sep 26 19:47:06 2006] : (2) Dan: "This is not a statue, but rather something petrified"
[Tue Sep 26 19:47:10 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra moves closer, intrigued by the statuette
[Tue Sep 26 19:47:28 2006] : (2) Dan: "Which presumably implies that something nearby petrified it"
[Tue Sep 26 19:47:55 2006] : (2) Dan: "Couple that with the odd tracks, and the fissure looks less and less attractive"
[Tue Sep 26 19:47:56 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "If it's that small it couldn't possibly hurt us. Could it>"
[Tue Sep 26 19:48:22 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Petrified? You mean that used to be a real bird?"
[Tue Sep 26 19:48:22 2006] : (2) Dan: "If it's what small?"
[Tue Sep 26 19:48:35 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "That bird"
[Tue Sep 26 19:48:39 2006] : (2) Dan: "Yes Adrin, very much so... Let's go, now"
[Tue Sep 26 19:49:00 2006] : (2) Dan: "The bird was turned to stone by something else"
[Tue Sep 26 19:49:15 2006] : (2) Dan: "It's that creature that we should be wary of"
[Tue Sep 26 19:49:25 2006] : (5) Lia: "Indeed"
[Tue Sep 26 19:49:27 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Yeah, I gathered that by your next remakr, Now let's go"
[Tue Sep 26 19:49:28 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Ok, lets go"
[Tue Sep 26 19:49:35 2006] : (4) Adrin: Adrin makes for the narrow path quickly, but carefully
[Tue Sep 26 19:49:47 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Adrin takes up the rear again, bow at the ready
[Tue Sep 26 19:49:47 2006] : (6) Caraegyn (enter): 19:49
[Tue Sep 26 19:49:52 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc hi all!
[Tue Sep 26 19:49:55 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc yay
[Tue Sep 26 19:50:01 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Hi, Henry :)
[Tue Sep 26 19:50:03 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc Hi Henry
[Tue Sep 26 19:50:07 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc sorry I'm late - I was held up at work. Evil work.
[Tue Sep 26 19:50:08 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Ah ah! Hi Henry.
[Tue Sep 26 19:50:24 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc Spanish Henrito :)
[Tue Sep 26 19:50:47 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc I think we've found someone to cover our 'retreat' :)
[Tue Sep 26 19:50:58 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Sep 26 19:51:37 2006] : (1) DM: ooc To recap for Henry's benefit, you're in a small cove with a narrow path leading out and a cave.
[Tue Sep 26 19:52:16 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc Enrique :-P
[Tue Sep 26 19:52:17 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Two clues found (a petrified bird) and tracks from large multilegged beast hint at monsters in the vicinity.
[Tue Sep 26 19:52:56 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc which knowledge skill is it? Nature or Dungeoneering?
[Tue Sep 26 19:53:24 2006] : (1) DM: ooc survival to examine the tracks then dungeoneering.
[Tue Sep 26 19:53:34 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [3,6] = (9)
[Tue Sep 26 19:54:00 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: (examining tracks; I have the Track special quality, though it probably doesn't do much good. No knowledge of dungeoneering.)
[Tue Sep 26 19:54:19 2006] : (1) DM: You can't pick out any saliant points off the tracks.
[Tue Sep 26 19:54:25 2006] : (2) Dan: "To be honest there aren't too many creatures that can petrify, and I don't want to meet any of them"
[Tue Sep 26 19:54:49 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I did whisper what the monster was to Lia...
[Tue Sep 26 19:54:59 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra tries to remember what she knows about petrifying creatures
[Tue Sep 26 19:55:00 2006] : (4) Adrin: "I'll take your word for that, Dan"
[Tue Sep 26 19:55:01 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc I guessed what it was :-)
[Tue Sep 26 19:55:02 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc ohhh I never got that whisper for some reason
[Tue Sep 26 19:55:02 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [11,3] = (14)
[Tue Sep 26 19:55:22 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc hence my thinking I was missing lines :(
[Tue Sep 26 19:55:48 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc david if you need to whisper, do it in chat if it's not too bothering, apperently, whisper does not work on this machine
[Tue Sep 26 19:56:15 2006] : (1) DM: Lia has identified the tracks as those from a Carrion Crawler. These are known for tentacles which they use to paralyse any alive prey.
[Tue Sep 26 19:56:24 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: "I think it would be worth our while to be cautious; we can probably be careful to avoid areas with fresh tracks."
[Tue Sep 26 19:56:35 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc my OOC guess was "Basilisk".
[Tue Sep 26 19:56:45 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc mine was too :)
[Tue Sep 26 19:56:56 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc So was mine. Do carrion crawlers petrify?
[Tue Sep 26 19:57:11 2006] : (5) Lia: "well you know how to go about this now."
[Tue Sep 26 19:57:30 2006] : (5) Lia: "Do not ever get close to their tentacles. go for raged weapons"
[Tue Sep 26 19:57:37 2006] : (5) Lia: *ranged
[Tue Sep 26 19:57:38 2006] : (2) Dan: "No, I'm still not sure what it is"
[Tue Sep 26 19:57:56 2006] : (5) Lia: "I am pretty sure. It is a carrion crawler"
[Tue Sep 26 19:57:56 2006] : (1) DM: When I said multi-legged I meant many more than 6. Should have made that clear.
[Tue Sep 26 19:58:19 2006] : (2) Dan: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [14,10] = (24)
[Tue Sep 26 19:58:25 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: "Do we know which way we are going?"
[Tue Sep 26 19:59:20 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Up this path, I think"
[Tue Sep 26 19:59:32 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "There seems to be only one way off this beach and that leads us close by the tracks"
[Tue Sep 26 19:59:55 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: "Then I am willing to lead, and I will try to shout if I encounter any of these beasts."
[Tue Sep 26 20:00:27 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Remember what Lia said and have your bow ready"
[Tue Sep 26 20:00:48 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: "My spears, always my spears."
[Tue Sep 26 20:00:51 2006] : (2) Dan: "Umm, guys. I'm confused"
[Tue Sep 26 20:00:55 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: "But I shall bear it in mind."
[Tue Sep 26 20:01:00 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: "Why confused?"
[Tue Sep 26 20:01:14 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Adrin takes up the rear again, bow at the ready
[Tue Sep 26 20:01:16 2006] : (2) Dan: "I'm fairly sure that carrion crawlers can not petrify"
[Tue Sep 26 20:01:24 2006] : (1) DM: ooc correct
[Tue Sep 26 20:01:25 2006] : (4) Adrin: Adrin draws his bow
[Tue Sep 26 20:01:37 2006] : (4) Adrin: "So what did this then?"
[Tue Sep 26 20:02:02 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: "Still something we don't want to meet, I would guess."
[Tue Sep 26 20:02:05 2006] : (2) Dan: "This implies that we either have two different monsters, or Lia misidentified"
[Tue Sep 26 20:02:05 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc /me is confused then. I did say that the carrion crawlers petrified though right?
[Tue Sep 26 20:02:08 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Something else, I guess. which means we need to be on the lookout for two monsters"
[Tue Sep 26 20:02:23 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Carrion crawlers paralyse
[Tue Sep 26 20:02:42 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Which is a bit different
[Tue Sep 26 20:03:26 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc if it doesn't eat you, you recover from paralysis.
[Tue Sep 26 20:03:40 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Look, we have 2 choices - go up the path or dont. I dont fancy staying down here forever"
[Tue Sep 26 20:03:48 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc oki so let's get this straight. I did say paralize. Not petrify. And my advice still goes. Don't get close!
[Tue Sep 26 20:03:58 2006] : (2) Dan: "Let's go. We'll have to trust to luck"
[Tue Sep 26 20:04:07 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: "I'm ready to go; I have my spears and I will be cautious."
[Tue Sep 26 20:04:24 2006] : (5) Lia: "Whichever that other monster is, I would argue not getting too close to it is a good idea too"
[Tue Sep 26 20:04:40 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: Caraegyn sets off, spears in hand, keeping a careful eye out for both tracks and signs of movement.
[Tue Sep 26 20:04:47 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Caraegyn, move your miniature to just before the bend in the path. the rest of you also place your minis
[Tue Sep 26 20:04:52 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc Del, you never said either, you just said stay away from the tentacles, which is good enough advice
[Tue Sep 26 20:05:13 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan draws his bow and stays in the middle
[Tue Sep 26 20:05:13 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc The best advice, in fact
[Tue Sep 26 20:05:25 2006] : (5) Lia: Lia readies her sling
[Tue Sep 26 20:06:28 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan stays 5 feet behind the 2nd person
[Tue Sep 26 20:06:37 2006] : (1) DM: You move up the narrow, rough path. The footing is uneven and loose and running is likely to be risky.
[Tue Sep 26 20:06:45 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc I thought I was going last
[Tue Sep 26 20:06:49 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc ok, can't move my miniature, you'll have to do it for me
[Tue Sep 26 20:07:07 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc I took up the rear
[Tue Sep 26 20:07:12 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc yes, I can :)
[Tue Sep 26 20:07:31 2006] : (1) DM: Roll Initiative.
[Tue Sep 26 20:07:34 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: Initiative: [1d20+8] -> [7,8] = (15)
[Tue Sep 26 20:07:37 2006] : (4) Adrin: Adrin: Initiative [1d20+3] -> [17,3] = (20)
[Tue Sep 26 20:07:43 2006] : (2) Dan: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15)
[Tue Sep 26 20:07:44 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] -> [19,7] = (26)
[Tue Sep 26 20:07:44 2006] : (5) Lia: Initiative Lia: [1d3+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
[Tue Sep 26 20:07:59 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc I get a +8 and still I'm Teh Lozer.
[Tue Sep 26 20:08:05 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21)
[Tue Sep 26 20:08:11 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc O you poor thing
[Tue Sep 26 20:08:20 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc was that L33t 5p34k?
[Tue Sep 26 20:08:49 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc ironic.
[Tue Sep 26 20:08:56 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc therefore allowed :-)
[Tue Sep 26 20:10:02 2006] : (1) DM: You're startled by a suddent rawcous squawking from ahead and from somewhere above Caraegyn's head two flying creatures about the size of geese emerge the flap a short distance and turn towards you.
[Tue Sep 26 20:10:30 2006] : (2) Dan: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [14,10] = (24)
[Tue Sep 26 20:10:35 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Sep 26 20:10:38 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
[Tue Sep 26 20:11:07 2006] : (1) DM: You see the creatures have the head and body of a large cockeral, bat-like wings a a long lizard like tail.
[Tue Sep 26 20:11:25 2006] : (4) Adrin: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [14,3] = (17)
[Tue Sep 26 20:11:28 2006] : (5) Lia: Knowledge: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
[Tue Sep 26 20:11:32 2006] : (4) Adrin: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
[Tue Sep 26 20:11:38 2006] : (5) Lia: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [6,8] = (14)
[Tue Sep 26 20:12:06 2006] : (1) DM: Heh. Knowledge: Arcana.
[Tue Sep 26 20:12:26 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc We fought one of those a few weeks ago in our table top game
[Tue Sep 26 20:12:31 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: Untrained
[Tue Sep 26 20:13:06 2006] : (1) DM: ooc surely Dan has that knowledge skill??
[Tue Sep 26 20:13:11 2006] : (2) Dan: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+12] -> [9,12] = (21)
[Tue Sep 26 20:13:46 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Go on, tell us they're cocaktrices
[Tue Sep 26 20:13:51 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Tue Sep 26 20:13:58 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Go on, tell us they're cockatrices
[Tue Sep 26 20:14:01 2006] : (2) Dan: "Don't let them bite you!"
[Tue Sep 26 20:14:14 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra aims at on of the creatures
[Tue Sep 26 20:14:15 2006] : (2) Dan: "Their bite is petrifying, literally"
[Tue Sep 26 20:14:17 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Longbow, composite,MW (base): [1d20+7] -> [2,7] = (9) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] -> [8,0] = (8)
[Tue Sep 26 20:14:38 2006] : (2) Dan: "They are cockatrices"
[Tue Sep 26 20:14:40 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc :P
[Tue Sep 26 20:14:46 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Sep 26 20:14:47 2006] : (1) DM: Because the path is narrow with poor footing you must succeed a balance check to shoot or move at walk speed.
[Tue Sep 26 20:15:07 2006] : (1) DM: DC 10
[Tue Sep 26 20:15:26 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Balance Skill Check: [1d20+0] -> [16,0] = (16)
[Tue Sep 26 20:15:40 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc that'll do it :-)
[Tue Sep 26 20:15:46 2006] : (1) DM: Your arrow goes wide.
[Tue Sep 26 20:15:52 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Just about :)
[Tue Sep 26 20:16:22 2006] : (1) DM: ooc for those with long-lasting spells. It's only 2 hours since the fight on the boat.
[Tue Sep 26 20:17:00 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: One of the cockatrice's swoops down for Caraegyn.
[Tue Sep 26 20:17:10 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: [1d20+9] -> [3,9] = (12)
[Tue Sep 26 20:17:11 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc why me? :-P
[Tue Sep 26 20:17:17 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc and I know why
[Tue Sep 26 20:17:41 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: The other dives towards ...
[Tue Sep 26 20:17:45 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: [1d4] -> [2] = (2)
[Tue Sep 26 20:17:50 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: Araydan
[Tue Sep 26 20:17:53 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: [1d20+9] -> [4,9] = (13)
[Tue Sep 26 20:18:03 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc phew!
[Tue Sep 26 20:18:22 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Tue Sep 26 20:18:38 2006] : (4) Adrin: shoot at #1
[Tue Sep 26 20:18:45 2006] : (4) Adrin: Shortbow, composite (base): [1d20+7] -> [10,7] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [5,0] = (5)
[Tue Sep 26 20:18:54 2006] : (1) DM: Cockatrice gets an AoO.
[Tue Sep 26 20:18:57 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+9] -> [6,9] = (15)
[Tue Sep 26 20:19:28 2006] : (1) DM: Your arrow pierces its wing making a small hole.
[Tue Sep 26 20:19:43 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc that +9 scares me.
[Tue Sep 26 20:19:56 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc no shit!
[Tue Sep 26 20:20:06 2006] : (1) DM: ooc what?
[Tue Sep 26 20:20:12 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc I wonder why ;)
[Tue Sep 26 20:20:17 2006] : (1) DM: ooc are you done Adrin?
[Tue Sep 26 20:20:40 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc yeah, sorry
[Tue Sep 26 20:20:50 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Tue Sep 26 20:21:08 2006] : (2) Dan: Balance Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21)
[Tue Sep 26 20:21:19 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan casts defensively
[Tue Sep 26 20:21:20 2006] : (1) DM: The cliff path is approximately 1 in 3 steep so you're 10 ft up.
[Tue Sep 26 20:21:27 2006] : (2) Dan: Concetration Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [3,8] = (11)
[Tue Sep 26 20:21:31 2006] : (2) Dan: Fizzle
[Tue Sep 26 20:21:51 2006] : (1) DM: ooc oops. Adrin you forgot your balance check. nevermind.
[Tue Sep 26 20:21:58 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan takes a 5 foot step
[Tue Sep 26 20:22:03 2006] : (2) Dan: Done
[Tue Sep 26 20:22:14 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn?
[Tue Sep 26 20:22:16 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: Attacking no. 1 then moving 10 feet up the path (attempting a tumble to avoid AoO).
[Tue Sep 26 20:22:18 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: Balance Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [7,10] = (17)
[Tue Sep 26 20:22:22 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: Halfspear +1 (skirmish) (base): [1d20+5] -> [11,5] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d6+3+1d6] -> [6,3,2] = (11)
[Tue Sep 26 20:22:28 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [18,10] = (28)
[Tue Sep 26 20:22:30 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: done.
[Tue Sep 26 20:22:43 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc That's some tumble!
[Tue Sep 26 20:22:47 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc :-)
[Tue Sep 26 20:23:12 2006] : (1) DM: Okay, you nimble clamber and dodge after stabbing the cockatrice.
[Tue Sep 26 20:23:25 2006] : (1) DM: Lia, your turn.
[Tue Sep 26 20:23:37 2006] : (5) Lia: Balance Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
[Tue Sep 26 20:23:53 2006] : (5) Lia: Sling (base): [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Sep 26 20:24:05 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc on 2, if that works
[Tue Sep 26 20:24:13 2006] : (5) Lia: done.
[Tue Sep 26 20:24:15 2006] : (1) DM: You can't shoot because you can't find a good footing.
[Tue Sep 26 20:24:36 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Tue Sep 26 20:24:45 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Shooting at #2
[Tue Sep 26 20:24:47 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Balance Skill Check: [1d20+0] -> [8,0] = (8)
[Tue Sep 26 20:25:00 2006] : (1) DM: No shot.
[Tue Sep 26 20:25:04 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Never mind shooting now
[Tue Sep 26 20:25:05 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc hmmm, I levelled up last time. I suppose I only have the spells left from the battle?
[Tue Sep 26 20:25:06 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Done
[Tue Sep 26 20:25:22 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc I guess so, untial after we rested
[Tue Sep 26 20:25:40 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: A cockatrice flaps towards Caraegyn and pecks visciously.
[Tue Sep 26 20:25:43 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: [1d20+9] -> [13,9] = (22)
[Tue Sep 26 20:25:59 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: [1d4-2] -> [2,-2] = (0) damage from the peck and a fortitude save.
[Tue Sep 26 20:26:03 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: 1 damage.
[Tue Sep 26 20:27:08 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: Fortitude save: [1d20+5] -> [10,5] = (15)
[Tue Sep 26 20:27:28 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: Still flesh, blood and bone.
[Tue Sep 26 20:27:39 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: The 2nd attacks...
[Tue Sep 26 20:27:40 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: [1d2] -> [2] = (2)
[Tue Sep 26 20:27:49 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: Dan: [1d20+9] -> [12,9] = (21)
[Tue Sep 26 20:27:59 2006] : (2) Dan: Fortitude save: [1d20+2] -> [9,2] = (11)
[Tue Sep 26 20:28:05 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: Fortsave and [1d4-2] -> [3,-2] = (1) damage
[Tue Sep 26 20:28:08 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc oh dear
[Tue Sep 26 20:28:14 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc oh dear oh dear
[Tue Sep 26 20:28:29 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc oh dear oh dear oh dear
[Tue Sep 26 20:28:41 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: Dan turns to stone instantly before your eyes and the Cockatrice gives a triumphant squawk.
[Tue Sep 26 20:28:41 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear
[Tue Sep 26 20:29:05 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Tue Sep 26 20:29:10 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc no-one push him off!
[Tue Sep 26 20:29:12 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Let's kill them!"
[Tue Sep 26 20:29:36 2006] : (4) Adrin: 5ft step to the side and shoot again
[Tue Sep 26 20:29:40 2006] : (4) Adrin: Balance Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19)
[Tue Sep 26 20:29:44 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin you're about 12 ft up from the ground btw.
[Tue Sep 26 20:30:07 2006] : (4) Adrin: at #1
[Tue Sep 26 20:30:10 2006] : (1) DM: Your arrow flies towards the cockatrice.
[Tue Sep 26 20:30:11 2006] : (4) Adrin: Shortbow, composite (base): [1d20+7] -> [6,7] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Sep 26 20:30:21 2006] : (1) DM: And narrowly misses.
[Tue Sep 26 20:30:39 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Awwww
[Tue Sep 26 20:30:41 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn, your turn.
[Tue Sep 26 20:30:55 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: Same as last time.
[Tue Sep 26 20:30:56 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: Balance Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [18,10] = (28)
[Tue Sep 26 20:30:59 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: Halfspear +1 (skirmish) (base): [1d20+5] -> [5,5] = (10) ===> Damage: [1d6+3+1d6] -> [3,3,3] = (9)
[Tue Sep 26 20:31:03 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [5,10] = (15)
[Tue Sep 26 20:31:07 2006] : (1) DM: Miss.
[Tue Sep 26 20:31:09 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc lame attack!
[Tue Sep 26 20:31:49 2006] : (1) DM: Lia, your turn. You may jump off the path if you wish you're only 2-3 ft up.
[Tue Sep 26 20:32:06 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc to avoid the balance check?
[Tue Sep 26 20:32:25 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes
[Tue Sep 26 20:32:30 2006] : (5) Lia: Lia jumps off the path and aims at the cockatrice #2
[Tue Sep 26 20:32:43 2006] : (5) Lia: Sling (base): [1d20+3] -> [20,3] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Sep 26 20:32:43 2006] : (5) Lia: Critical hit? [1d20+3] -> [4,3] = (7) ===> Damage: [2d4+0] -> [2,1,0] = (3)
[Tue Sep 26 20:33:01 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc mw bullets
[Tue Sep 26 20:33:16 2006] : (1) DM: The bullet whacks the cockatrice. on the tail.
[Tue Sep 26 20:33:27 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Tue Sep 26 20:33:39 2006] : (5) Lia: five foot step
[Tue Sep 26 20:33:41 2006] : (5) Lia: done
[Tue Sep 26 20:33:56 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc you can't 5 foot step if you moved
[Tue Sep 26 20:34:02 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc ok
[Tue Sep 26 20:34:06 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Following Lia before shooting
[Tue Sep 26 20:34:08 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc my grid is all funly anyway
[Tue Sep 26 20:34:14 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you can move up to 30 ft anway.
[Tue Sep 26 20:34:21 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Longbow, composite,MW (base): [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Sep 26 20:34:26 2006] : (1) DM: Miss.
[Tue Sep 26 20:34:36 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc can someone move me around 30 ft (including the jump?)
[Tue Sep 26 20:34:43 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc I don't see the grid properly
[Tue Sep 26 20:35:13 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Done
[Tue Sep 26 20:35:20 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc remind me to buy a Mac post-haste :P
[Tue Sep 26 20:35:30 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc heh
[Tue Sep 26 20:35:36 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Tue Sep 26 20:35:41 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: Cockatrice #1 attacks Caraegyn again. [1d20+9] -> [9,9] = (18)
[Tue Sep 26 20:36:00 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: [1d4-2] -> [4,-2] = (2) damage and a fort. save.
[Tue Sep 26 20:36:56 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: Fortitude save: [1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
[Tue Sep 26 20:36:58 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: And the other perches on Dan's petrified head and defecates and lets out a squawky chuckle.
[Tue Sep 26 20:36:59 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc dammit!
[Tue Sep 26 20:37:12 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc not good
[Tue Sep 26 20:37:13 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc welcome to the club :D
[Tue Sep 26 20:37:35 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: Caragyn is turned to stone.
[Tue Sep 26 20:37:49 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "We're getting killed here"
[Tue Sep 26 20:37:58 2006] : (5) Lia: "we are"
[Tue Sep 26 20:38:09 2006] : (1) DM: ooc don't forget you have Fate points you can spend if you wish.
[Tue Sep 26 20:38:20 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc I forgot all about those
[Tue Sep 26 20:38:27 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc oh, I forgot too
[Tue Sep 26 20:38:41 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "And we can't get away from those flying creatures, so I think we just have to kill them"
[Tue Sep 26 20:38:42 2006] : (2) Dan: oo cit's a bit late for me now
[Tue Sep 26 20:38:56 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc maybe fate could make the poo act as an antidote
[Tue Sep 26 20:39:03 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Dan and Caraegyn feel free to retroactively spend one.
[Tue Sep 26 20:39:08 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc LOL
[Tue Sep 26 20:39:11 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc I shall.
[Tue Sep 26 20:39:16 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc me too
[Tue Sep 26 20:39:19 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc "Plink!"
[Tue Sep 26 20:39:42 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc "pop"
[Tue Sep 26 20:39:54 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: Okay, the cockatrice attacks Adrin instead. [1d20+9] -> [5,9] = (14)
[Tue Sep 26 20:39:58 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: Miss.
[Tue Sep 26 20:40:13 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Tue Sep 26 20:40:43 2006] : (4) Adrin: back up again and shoot at #2
[Tue Sep 26 20:40:49 2006] : (4) Adrin: Balance Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [10,4] = (14)
[Tue Sep 26 20:40:54 2006] : (4) Adrin: Shortbow, composite (base): [1d20+7] -> [7,7] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [6,0] = (6)
[Tue Sep 26 20:41:01 2006] : (1) DM: A hit.
[Tue Sep 26 20:41:19 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Tue Sep 26 20:41:29 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc actually, I should remember to use my Dodge feat.
[Tue Sep 26 20:41:36 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan steps back again
[Tue Sep 26 20:41:42 2006] : (2) Dan: Balance Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
[Tue Sep 26 20:41:50 2006] : (2) Dan: Done
[Tue Sep 26 20:41:55 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn?
[Tue Sep 26 20:42:06 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: Same again!
[Tue Sep 26 20:42:08 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: Balance Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [9,10] = (19)
[Tue Sep 26 20:42:11 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: Halfspear +1 (skirmish) (base): [1d20+5] -> [3,5] = (8) ===> Damage: [1d6+3+1d6] -> [6,3,3] = (12)
[Tue Sep 26 20:42:14 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [13,10] = (23)
[Tue Sep 26 20:42:15 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc could I have jumped down?
[Tue Sep 26 20:42:17 2006] : (1) DM: Miss.
[Tue Sep 26 20:42:31 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc I'm not sure how high up the new position was
[Tue Sep 26 20:42:32 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: done.
[Tue Sep 26 20:42:39 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you were 8 ft from the ground. It would have required a jump check I think.
[Tue Sep 26 20:42:55 2006] : (1) DM: Lia, your turn.
[Tue Sep 26 20:43:56 2006] : (1) DM: Lia?
[Tue Sep 26 20:44:09 2006] : (5) Lia: Sling (base): [1d20+3] -> [20,3] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d4+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Sep 26 20:44:09 2006] : (5) Lia: Critical hit? [1d20+3] -> [13,3] = (16) ===> Damage: [2d4+0] -> [2,1,0] = (3)
[Tue Sep 26 20:44:17 2006] : (5) Lia: on 2
[Tue Sep 26 20:44:20 2006] : (5) Lia: done.
[Tue Sep 26 20:44:40 2006] : (1) DM: A good hit straight to its skull.
[Tue Sep 26 20:45:12 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra?
[Tue Sep 26 20:45:26 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc 3 dmg from a crit? poor birds
[Tue Sep 26 20:45:26 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Moving and shooting at #2
[Tue Sep 26 20:45:38 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Longbow, composite,MW (base): [1d20+7] -> [19,7] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Sep 26 20:45:50 2006] : (1) DM: Hit
[Tue Sep 26 20:46:12 2006] : (1) DM: ooc your bow is missing the str bonus to damage.
[Tue Sep 26 20:46:37 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Done
[Tue Sep 26 20:46:44 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc not all composite bows have a bonus, I thought.
[Tue Sep 26 20:47:04 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc no, you're right. Only mighty composite have the bonus
[Tue Sep 26 20:47:41 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I would have assumed Aliatra would have bought a mighty one seeing as she has +4 str bonus.
[Tue Sep 26 20:48:03 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc I must have bought the wrong one then
[Tue Sep 26 20:48:17 2006] : (1) DM: ooc extra 100 gp for each +1 to damage from str.
[Tue Sep 26 20:48:39 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: Cockatrice attacks Caraegyn again. [1d20+9] -> [17,9] = (26)
[Tue Sep 26 20:48:53 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: Fortitude save: [1d20+5] -> [18,5] = (23)
[Tue Sep 26 20:48:54 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: Fort save. [1d4-2] -> [3,-2] = (1) damage.
[Tue Sep 26 20:48:58 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: success.
[Tue Sep 26 20:48:58 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Can I spend that money now and upgrade it before my next attack? I always get confused with weapons :(
[Tue Sep 26 20:49:05 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: ooc yes.
[Tue Sep 26 20:49:28 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: The other one flaps around and attacks Aliatra.
[Tue Sep 26 20:49:35 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: [1d20+9] -> [9,9] = (18)
[Tue Sep 26 20:49:42 2006] : (1) Cockatrice: Miss.
[Tue Sep 26 20:49:47 2006] : (1) DM: Adrin, your turn.
[Tue Sep 26 20:50:13 2006] : (4) Adrin: can I see #1 from where I am?
[Tue Sep 26 20:50:24 2006] : (1) DM: Yes.
[Tue Sep 26 20:50:37 2006] : (4) Adrin: ok, turn to support car and shoot
[Tue Sep 26 20:50:38 2006] : (4) Adrin: Balance Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [13,4] = (17)
[Tue Sep 26 20:50:42 2006] : (4) Adrin: Shortbow, composite (base): [1d20+7] -> [9,7] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d6+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
[Tue Sep 26 20:50:48 2006] : (1) DM: Hit.
[Tue Sep 26 20:51:21 2006] : (1) DM: Both cockatrices are stuck with arrows and are looking badly wounded.
[Tue Sep 26 20:51:42 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Tue Sep 26 20:51:43 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc and bullets :P
[Tue Sep 26 20:52:00 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan deliberately jumps onto the beach
[Tue Sep 26 20:52:02 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Longbow, composite,MW (base): [1d20+7] -> [16,7] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d8+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
[Tue Sep 26 20:52:05 2006] : (2) Dan: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
[Tue Sep 26 20:52:18 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc oops
[Tue Sep 26 20:52:21 2006] : (1) DM: And lands badly. Take [1d6] -> [3] = (3) damage.
[Tue Sep 26 20:52:24 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan takes the [1d6] -> [1] = (1) subdual damage
[Tue Sep 26 20:52:40 2006] : (1) DM: My roll. Thank you very much.
[Tue Sep 26 20:52:49 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc ok
[Tue Sep 26 20:53:00 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc can I continue?
[Tue Sep 26 20:53:04 2006] : (1) DM: yes.
[Tue Sep 26 20:53:26 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan points at #2 and incants
[Tue Sep 26 20:53:48 2006] : (2) Dan: Scorching Ray (base): [1d20+6] -> [20,6] = (26) ===> Damage: [4d6+0] -> [2,6,6,4,0] = (18)
[Tue Sep 26 20:53:48 2006] : (2) Dan: Critical hit? [1d20+6] -> [19,6] = (25) ===> Damage: [8d6+0] -> [5,3,3,6,2,4,5,1,0] = (29)
[Tue Sep 26 20:53:58 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc ouch!!!
[Tue Sep 26 20:53:59 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc ouch!
[Tue Sep 26 20:54:02 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc lol
[Tue Sep 26 20:54:16 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc None toop shabby!
[Tue Sep 26 20:54:25 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc I guess that makes up for all the crap rolls you've have tonight
[Tue Sep 26 20:54:27 2006] : (1) DM: The cockatrice bursts into flame and is instantly charred. It's blackened and smoking corpse plumets to the ground.
[Tue Sep 26 20:54:57 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc doen
[Tue Sep 26 20:55:10 2006] : (1) DM: Caraegyn?
[Tue Sep 26 20:55:14 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: Balance, strike and roll.
[Tue Sep 26 20:55:17 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: Balance Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [11,10] = (21)
[Tue Sep 26 20:55:17 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc well Done i'd say. Possible a touch burnt
[Tue Sep 26 20:55:20 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: Halfspear +1 (skirmish) (base): [1d20+5] -> [11,5] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d6+3+1d6] -> [6,3,6] = (15)
[Tue Sep 26 20:55:23 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [20,10] = (30)
[Tue Sep 26 20:55:34 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc :-P
[Tue Sep 26 20:55:43 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc me thinks her turn was forgotten somewhere :/
[Tue Sep 26 20:56:18 2006] : (1) DM: Hit, Caraegyn neatly skewers the cockatrice and it slides from his spear point and flops to the ground, dead.
[Tue Sep 26 20:56:31 2006] : (1) DM: It's your turn now Lia.
[Tue Sep 26 20:56:31 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc you're just after me Lia.
[Tue Sep 26 20:56:41 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc since my grid is dead
[Tue Sep 26 20:56:53 2006] : (5) Lia: can I with range 50 shoot at 1
[Tue Sep 26 20:56:54 2006] : (5) Lia: ?
[Tue Sep 26 20:56:56 2006] : (1) DM: (combat over)
[Tue Sep 26 20:57:06 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc sorry :)
[Tue Sep 26 20:57:14 2006] : (5) Lia: (jumping screen, not fun)
[Tue Sep 26 20:57:24 2006] : (5) Lia: "Anyone hurt?"
[Tue Sep 26 20:57:26 2006] : (4) Adrin: "What the hell did you hit that bird with Dan?"
[Tue Sep 26 20:57:28 2006] : (5) Lia: "I have a few potions"
[Tue Sep 26 20:57:34 2006] : (2) Dan: "Only my pride really"
[Tue Sep 26 20:57:43 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I'm fine. Does anyhone need healing?"
[Tue Sep 26 20:57:56 2006] : (2) Dan: "That thing got me, and I saw my life flash before my eyes"
[Tue Sep 26 20:58:10 2006] : (4) Adrin: "I'm no worse off than I was before they appeared"
[Tue Sep 26 20:58:46 2006] : (2) Dan: "Oh, that was the scorching spell I've used before"
[Tue Sep 26 20:58:51 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I have some spells left so I can help you if needed"
[Tue Sep 26 20:58:52 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: "Only a couple of scratches."
[Tue Sep 26 20:59:03 2006] : (2) Dan: "I just think I caught him between the eyes"
[Tue Sep 26 20:59:07 2006] : (1) DM: ooc what level is everyone, again. I'm still not sure I have everyone's up-to-date nodes.
[Tue Sep 26 20:59:17 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc 4
[Tue Sep 26 20:59:18 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Yeah, nice shot"
[Tue Sep 26 20:59:21 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc 4 and you don't have mine
[Tue Sep 26 20:59:23 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc 4
[Tue Sep 26 20:59:26 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc 4
[Tue Sep 26 20:59:26 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc because i don't either
[Tue Sep 26 20:59:45 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Caraegyn you're level 3 still?
[Tue Sep 26 20:59:46 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc 3
[Tue Sep 26 21:00:16 2006] : (4) Adrin: Adrin takes another potion from his pack
[Tue Sep 26 21:00:16 2006] : (1) DM: ooc 360 XP for Caraegyn
[Tue Sep 26 21:00:17 2006] : (2) Dan: "now lets not get caught by the carrion crawler too!"
[Tue Sep 26 21:00:22 2006] : (4) Adrin: Potions etc: Cure Light Wounds [1d8+1}
[Tue Sep 26 21:00:29 2006] : (1) DM: ooc 320 XP for everyone else.
[Tue Sep 26 21:00:35 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc I can't type
[Tue Sep 26 21:00:55 2006] : (4) Adrin: Potions etc: Cure Light Wounds [1d8+1] -> [8,1] = (9)
[Tue Sep 26 21:01:35 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Adrin, why do you use your potions when I just said I've got spells left?"
[Tue Sep 26 21:01:58 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Ah, I didn't like to think of you wasting them on me"
[Tue Sep 26 21:02:35 2006] : (6) Caraegyn has sent you a tree node...
[Tue Sep 26 21:02:52 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan begins to limp back towards the trail head
[Tue Sep 26 21:02:55 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "That's one of the things I can do, cure and keep undead at a distance"
[Tue Sep 26 21:03:16 2006] : (4) Adrin: "It's my own fault I'm so hurt for charging out on deck"
[Tue Sep 26 21:03:54 2006] : (5) Lia: "I can cure but right now I am out of spells"
[Tue Sep 26 21:03:56 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "But we need you to be asw fit as possible"
[Tue Sep 26 21:03:58 2006] : (1) DM: Climbing the path to the clifftop?
[Tue Sep 26 21:04:05 2006] : (5) Lia: yes
[Tue Sep 26 21:04:06 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Yep
[Tue Sep 26 21:04:13 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: Yes.
[Tue Sep 26 21:04:15 2006] : (4) Adrin: "If I'm still hurting later tonight, I'll let you use them"
[Tue Sep 26 21:04:48 2006] : (1) DM: As you climb up the pass the cockatrices nest. It's a peculiar mix of tradition bird nest material and rocks.
[Tue Sep 26 21:05:19 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Are there any eggs of chicks?"
[Tue Sep 26 21:05:30 2006] : (1) DM: Nestled in the nest (heh) are two greyish coloured eggs with a rough texture.
[Tue Sep 26 21:05:35 2006] : (4) Adrin: "Thinking of raising a pet?"
[Tue Sep 26 21:06:10 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Let's make sure they don't pertify anyone"
[Tue Sep 26 21:06:17 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan takes a few feathers from the nest
[Tue Sep 26 21:06:19 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra bashes the eggs
[Tue Sep 26 21:06:24 2006] : (2) Dan: "Hold on!
[Tue Sep 26 21:06:30 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Why?"
[Tue Sep 26 21:06:48 2006] : (2) Dan: "I will sterilise them, ans we can sell them"
[Tue Sep 26 21:07:31 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Who would want to buy them and why? And hopw can you make sure they never hatch?"
[Tue Sep 26 21:07:34 2006] : (2) Dan: "Hmm, maybe they are only valuable when they're alive"
[Tue Sep 26 21:07:35 2006] : (5) Lia: "Sterilize?"
[Tue Sep 26 21:07:58 2006] : (2) Dan: "Kill the life inside, you know, boil them or something"
[Tue Sep 26 21:08:35 2006] : (2) Dan: "To be honest, I'd not sell them if there's potential they may hatch"
[Tue Sep 26 21:08:50 2006] : (5) Lia: "Ah. Well, we could make an omelette?"
[Tue Sep 26 21:09:11 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "I don't think I could stomach that"
[Tue Sep 26 21:09:27 2006] : (2) Dan: "I'll take them and we can ensure that they don't hatch. Maybe someone can use them as a magical component"
[Tue Sep 26 21:09:34 2006] : (5) Lia: "Might be a problem, yes"
[Tue Sep 26 21:09:53 2006] : (5) Lia: "I would assume so. And the feathers too"
[Tue Sep 26 21:09:55 2006] : (4) Adrin: Adrin shrugs and moves on up
[Tue Sep 26 21:09:59 2006] : (2) Dan: "I guess letting then go cold should kill them"
[Tue Sep 26 21:10:17 2006] : (3) Aliatra: "Just make sure the chicks are dead"
[Tue Sep 26 21:10:19 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan wraps them in his blanket for now
[Tue Sep 26 21:11:41 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Delphine, it's 2110 BST did you have to be somewhere now?
[Tue Sep 26 21:12:02 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Aliatra climbs on
[Tue Sep 26 21:12:05 2006] : (1) DM: The eggs are goose egg sized btw.
[Tue Sep 26 21:12:49 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc yes, i'll keep this open so i can log
[Tue Sep 26 21:12:54 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc I'm getting rather hungry (haven't eaten yet), so I'm going to have to go and cook. I should probably go away.
[Tue Sep 26 21:13:07 2006] : (2) Dan: Dan takes all the feathers available
[Tue Sep 26 21:13:07 2006] : (5) Lia: ooc but there's a baby crying, my friend is gonna come back any minute. I'm off :)
[Tue Sep 26 21:13:14 2006] : (1) DM: You reach the top of the cliff without further mishap.
[Tue Sep 26 21:13:41 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: ooc nn all, and sorry to keep missing bits!
[Tue Sep 26 21:13:45 2006] : (3) Aliatra: What do we see?
[Tue Sep 26 21:14:03 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Goodnight and sweet dreams, Henry
[Tue Sep 26 21:14:06 2006] : (2) Dan: ooc night Henry
[Tue Sep 26 21:14:12 2006] : ** (3) Aliatra hugs and kisses Henry goodnight **
[Tue Sep 26 21:14:12 2006] : (6) Caraegyn: Disconnecting from server...
[Tue Sep 26 21:14:12 2006] : (6) Caraegyn (exit): 21:14
[Tue Sep 26 21:14:18 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc Goodnight and sweet dreams, Delphine
[Tue Sep 26 21:14:28 2006] : ** (3) Aliatra hugs and kisses Delphine goodnight **
[Tue Sep 26 21:15:04 2006] : (1) DM: ooc we could end here if people prefer?
[Tue Sep 26 21:15:21 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc actually I'm feeling pretty shit
[Tue Sep 26 21:15:35 2006] : (4) Adrin: came down with the cold in record time today (since lunch)
[Tue Sep 26 21:15:51 2006] : (3) Aliatra: ooc That is quick
[Tue Sep 26 21:16:11 2006] : (3) Aliatra: Perhaps it would be best to stop new
[Tue Sep 26 21:16:22 2006] : (4) Adrin: ooc P has had it since last friday, so I guess it was inevitable
[Tue Sep 26 21:16:41 2006] : (1) DM: From the cliff top see a expanse of rough grass and heather and a few undred feet distance from the edge is a road heading north and south.
[Tue Sep 26 21:16:52 2006] : (1) DM: GAME END