Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / The Dark Trade - 14 September 2006

[Thu Sep 14 19:22:49 2006] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu Sep 14 19:24:22 2006] : (1) DM: You've been shopping for horses and found yourself an inn to spend the evening relaxing.
[Thu Sep 14 19:25:27 2006] : (1) DM: What sort of inn would it have been? A seedy dockside inn that doubles as a brothel or a regular inn for merchants and the like or a fine inn suitable for visiting nobles or wealthy people.
[Thu Sep 14 19:27:50 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc the Goldilocks option please DM
[Thu Sep 14 19:28:17 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc Not too seedy, not too posh... just right
[Thu Sep 14 19:28:39 2006] : (1) DM: ooc there'll be a whore in the dockside inn who you can call Goldilocks if you like...
[Thu Sep 14 19:28:43 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc That'll do it for me as well
[Thu Sep 14 19:28:52 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Hi, Delphine :D
[Thu Sep 14 19:29:47 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc we bought horses? Was that the plan?
[Thu Sep 14 19:29:52 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes.
[Thu Sep 14 19:30:34 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Yep, horses certainly and a cart possibly. Did we decide about that?
[Thu Sep 14 19:31:26 2006] : (1) DM: You stable your horses in the stable's behind the Rose and Boot inn and troop into the common room.
[Thu Sep 14 19:31:29 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc oh, I remember now, we can spread the load amongst our horses
[Thu Sep 14 19:32:26 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc If we can take all the ingots with us, no cart then
[Thu Sep 14 19:32:29 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan looks pleasedy at his new horse
[Thu Sep 14 19:32:39 2006] : (3) Dan: "Fleetfoot I shall call you"
[Thu Sep 14 19:32:51 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Yes, it's a very fine animal"
[Thu Sep 14 19:33:00 2006] : (1) Innkeeper: ooc is Delphine still here?
[Thu Sep 14 19:33:03 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan stables him, then ventures inside with the others
[Thu Sep 14 19:33:23 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I thought so, but I guess not
[Thu Sep 14 19:33:58 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc She was here just a minute ago
[Thu Sep 14 19:34:03 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc on the phone
[Thu Sep 14 19:34:18 2006] : (1) Innkeeper: ooc ah. nothing much is happening now anyway.
[Thu Sep 14 19:34:31 2006] : (1) Innkeeper: "Welcome, Travellers. What can I get you?"
[Thu Sep 14 19:34:31 2006] : (3) Dan: [3d8] -> [8,8,3] = (19)
[Thu Sep 14 19:34:36 2006] : (1) Innkeeper: [1d3] -> [2] = (2)
[Thu Sep 14 19:34:41 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc woot!
[Thu Sep 14 19:35:09 2006] : (3) Dan: "Rooms for 5 travellers please"
[Thu Sep 14 19:35:16 2006] : (3) Dan: "And stabling for mounts"
[Thu Sep 14 19:35:28 2006] : (3) Dan: "Although that seems to have been taken care of"
[Thu Sep 14 19:35:29 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc back. My horse is a she
[Thu Sep 14 19:35:32 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc ;)
[Thu Sep 14 19:35:51 2006] : (1) Innkeeper: "5 silvers a night per person, grub included."
[Thu Sep 14 19:36:01 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc /me looks up a horse in the PHB. What kind of horses do we have?
[Thu Sep 14 19:36:12 2006] : (1) Innkeeper: ooc whatever you bought.
[Thu Sep 14 19:37:33 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "That'll be fine"
[Thu Sep 14 19:37:58 2006] : (1) Innkeeper: "Righto. So... whereabouts have you come from?"
[Thu Sep 14 19:38:05 2006] : (3) Dan: "Indeed. Payment on leaving, or in advance?"
[Thu Sep 14 19:38:27 2006] : (1) Innkeeper: "In advance if you please."
[Thu Sep 14 19:39:14 2006] : (2) Lia: "Here goes"
[Thu Sep 14 19:39:28 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia hands the coins
[Thu Sep 14 19:39:46 2006] : (1) Innkeeper: The innkeeper pockets the coin.
[Thu Sep 14 19:41:12 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc sorry, I meant, what kind of horse did the others buy?
[Thu Sep 14 19:41:18 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan feigns not have heard the innkeeper's question
[Thu Sep 14 19:41:22 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra pays the bill for the night
[Thu Sep 14 19:41:29 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I got a light warhorse
[Thu Sep 14 19:41:59 2006] : (1) Innkeeper: "What brings you to Westharbour, then? Not planning on heading North are you? The Duke's started another one of his stupid feuds with Northwatch you see."
[Thu Sep 14 19:42:01 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan hands over his coins and orders a drink of light ale
[Thu Sep 14 19:42:16 2006] : (1) Innkeeper: Ale is poured.
[Thu Sep 14 19:42:31 2006] : (3) Dan: "Thankyou innkeep"
[Thu Sep 14 19:42:53 2006] : (3) Dan: "We are journeymen, experiencing the world"
[Thu Sep 14 19:43:23 2006] : (1) Innkeeper: "Oh aye?"
[Thu Sep 14 19:43:27 2006] : (2) Lia: "Beer. Finally"
[Thu Sep 14 19:43:35 2006] : (2) Lia: "Although, I'll take some wine if you have it"
[Thu Sep 14 19:44:00 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Ale will be great, I'm thirsty"
[Thu Sep 14 19:44:01 2006] : (1) Innkeeper: The innkeeper fetches a bottle from under the bar and pours a glass.
[Thu Sep 14 19:44:27 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia sips
[Thu Sep 14 19:44:32 2006] : (2) Lia: "That is a good one"
[Thu Sep 14 19:44:32 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan drinks
[Thu Sep 14 19:44:53 2006] : (3) Dan: "I suppose some may call us adventurers"
[Thu Sep 14 19:44:57 2006] : (2) Lia: "The dDuke, what's the Duke's name again? I am not so versed in nobility"
[Thu Sep 14 19:46:14 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan sips his beer slowly and seems to enjoy it
[Thu Sep 14 19:46:33 2006] : (1) Innkeeper: "Duke Harve Marshall, fond of starting wars and feuds to annoy the Merchants"
[Thu Sep 14 19:46:49 2006] : (2) Lia: "Merchants of?"
[Thu Sep 14 19:47:01 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Just to annoy, eh?"
[Thu Sep 14 19:47:49 2006] : (1) Innkeeper: "The merchants guild mostly. Damages trade you see which curbs the power of the guild."
[Thu Sep 14 19:48:09 2006] : (1) Innkeeper: "Politics. Bah!"
[Thu Sep 14 19:48:29 2006] : (2) Lia: "Another of those guild wars. I will never understand the attraction for power"
[Thu Sep 14 19:49:33 2006] : (1) Innkeeper: "Aye." The innkeeper turns to serve another patron.
[Thu Sep 14 19:51:21 2006] : (4) Aliatra: To the others: "Doesn't damage to trade also damage the country itself?"
[Thu Sep 14 19:53:00 2006] : (2) Lia: "It seems this country is just.. damaged"
[Thu Sep 14 19:53:15 2006] : (3) Dan: "I have little knowledge of economics, but that seems reasonable Ali"
[Thu Sep 14 19:53:43 2006] : (3) Dan: "If this is how the dukes behave, what does the king think?"
[Thu Sep 14 19:53:43 2006] : (1) Innkeeper: ooc where would the adventures happen if countries were disfunctional?
[Thu Sep 14 19:53:50 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "So this sounds like boycotting your own people to me"
[Thu Sep 14 19:54:13 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I'm glad I do not live here"
[Thu Sep 14 19:54:20 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc the innkeep is no longer with us
[Thu Sep 14 19:54:23 2006] : (2) Lia: "Well, right now, we are here"
[Thu Sep 14 19:54:29 2006] : (2) Lia: "And we need to go on"
[Thu Sep 14 19:54:47 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc we're not in the capital yet, are we? (/me has druk too much wine tonight
[Thu Sep 14 19:55:03 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Westharbour is not the capital.
[Thu Sep 14 19:55:08 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Nope, not yet
[Thu Sep 14 19:55:30 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc We set out for the capital tomorrow
[Thu Sep 14 19:57:06 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia asks the INnkeeper
[Thu Sep 14 19:57:10 2006] : (1) DM: The evening draws on.
[Thu Sep 14 19:57:29 2006] : (2) Lia: We're looking to go to the capital, what is the best way? And have you any news from there?"
[Thu Sep 14 19:59:03 2006] : (1) Innkeeper: "just take the south-east road, it's a good road so you'll have no problems. Hey, if you haven't come from the capital where have you come from? Did you sneak past the soldiers on the Causeway?"
[Thu Sep 14 19:59:58 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan keeps fairly quiet and studies some primer books that he purchased on Geography, History, Architecture and the nobility
[Thu Sep 14 20:00:35 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra has another sip of her beer and stares into the room
[Thu Sep 14 20:00:41 2006] : (2) Lia: "The Causeway?"
[Thu Sep 14 20:00:49 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia smiles
[Thu Sep 14 20:01:01 2006] : (2) Lia: I could tell you every single name of every single weed in your garden
[Thu Sep 14 20:01:20 2006] : (2) Lia: "But if you ask me about places names by the common folks, I am pretty bad"
[Thu Sep 14 20:01:46 2006] : (1) Innkeeper: "You know the road up north through the Gray Marsh to Northwatch"
[Thu Sep 14 20:03:01 2006] : (3) Dan: "Hmm, what's this box?"
[Thu Sep 14 20:03:15 2006] : (2) Lia: "Marshes, yes, we've seen many of those"
[Thu Sep 14 20:03:24 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan shows the others a box that he just found in his pack
[Thu Sep 14 20:03:29 2006] : (2) Lia: "But I couldn't tell you whether they were gray"
[Thu Sep 14 20:03:47 2006] : (3) Dan: "It's not mine, and I'm not sure why it's in my pack"
[Thu Sep 14 20:04:13 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I don't think I've ever seen it before. What's in it?"
[Thu Sep 14 20:04:17 2006] : (1) Innkeeper: The box is plain wood with a brass lock and about 25 x 20 x 5 cm.
[Thu Sep 14 20:04:21 2006] : (2) Lia: "Strange. Did you leave you pack anywhere?"
[Thu Sep 14 20:04:43 2006] : (3) Dan: "I'm really not sure. I hope it's nothing to do with that pirate jack"
[Thu Sep 14 20:05:16 2006] : (3) Dan: "To be honest, I'm loath to even attempt its opening"
[Thu Sep 14 20:05:23 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Let's find out. Shall I open it? Do you want to stand back?"
[Thu Sep 14 20:05:46 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia takes a step back
[Thu Sep 14 20:05:56 2006] : (2) Lia: not forgetting her glass of wine
[Thu Sep 14 20:06:07 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan hands the box over, then steps back
[Thu Sep 14 20:06:09 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Smart girl! :D
[Thu Sep 14 20:06:32 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra tries the lock
[Thu Sep 14 20:06:39 2006] : (1) DM: It's locked.
[Thu Sep 14 20:07:24 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra turns the box around and looks at it to see if the lock might be opened without a key
[Thu Sep 14 20:07:29 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Search Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [4,2] = (6)
[Thu Sep 14 20:07:57 2006] : (1) DM: It's only a small wooden box. It could be forced open or broken.
[Thu Sep 14 20:08:08 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Why do I have such abysmal rolls on checks like this?
[Thu Sep 14 20:08:34 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "You never gound a key, Dan? Not in you pockets or purse either?"
[Thu Sep 14 20:09:29 2006] : (4) Aliatra: found
[Thu Sep 14 20:09:52 2006] : (3) Dan: "No key that I could find"
[Thu Sep 14 20:10:21 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Time for some violence"
[Thu Sep 14 20:10:34 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra uses her dagger to try and break the lock
[Thu Sep 14 20:10:42 2006] : (1) DM: Dex check.
[Thu Sep 14 20:10:49 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Dex check: [1d20+3] -> [17,3] = (20)
[Thu Sep 14 20:11:29 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, you force you dagger between the two halves of the box and with a deft twist you break the catch.
[Thu Sep 14 20:11:55 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra puts her dagger away before she tries to open the box
[Thu Sep 14 20:12:11 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "So what do we have here?"
[Thu Sep 14 20:13:04 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan moves a little closer to see, but stays still a way back
[Thu Sep 14 20:13:07 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra open's the box. Inside nestled in folds of soft velvet are numerous small glass vials. Each vial has a different liquid or powder and a neat label.
[Thu Sep 14 20:13:37 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra looks at the labels, trying to read them
[Thu Sep 14 20:14:00 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Nice little bottles, all in a row"
[Thu Sep 14 20:14:14 2006] : (3) Dan: May I take a look?
[Thu Sep 14 20:14:20 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia gets closer to see over Aliatra's shoulder
[Thu Sep 14 20:14:20 2006] : (3) Dan: "May I take a look?"
[Thu Sep 14 20:14:36 2006] : (1) DM: The labels are readable and appear to be names of something. (Knowledge: Nature rolls.)
[Thu Sep 14 20:14:39 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Be my guest, it's your box"
[Thu Sep 14 20:14:48 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu Sep 14 20:14:51 2006] : (2) Lia: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [12,8] = (20)
[Thu Sep 14 20:14:53 2006] : (3) Dan: "It's not mine. It was just in my pack"
[Thu Sep 14 20:15:07 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan holds up a vial and examines it
[Thu Sep 14 20:15:15 2006] : (3) Dan: Craft: Alchemy Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [15,10] = (25)
[Thu Sep 14 20:16:26 2006] : (2) Lia: "I know some of those"
[Thu Sep 14 20:16:31 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "No idea what's in them"
[Thu Sep 14 20:16:36 2006] : (2) Lia: "Be careful in handling them, some are extremely toxic"
[Thu Sep 14 20:16:51 2006] : (2) Lia: "Decoction of plants I suppose"
[Thu Sep 14 20:16:55 2006] : (3) Dan: "Hmm, I have a bad feeling about this box"
[Thu Sep 14 20:17:08 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Why would someone give Dan poisons, all neatly labelled as well?"
[Thu Sep 14 20:17:12 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan closes it and puts it back in his pack without trying to attact attention"
[Thu Sep 14 20:17:22 2006] : (2) Lia: LIa lowers her voice
[Thu Sep 14 20:17:33 2006] : (2) Lia: "Looks a lot like poison to me"
[Thu Sep 14 20:17:36 2006] : (3) Dan: "Yes Lia. Looks to me like a poison kit"
[Thu Sep 14 20:18:18 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Perhaps we'd better get upstairs and check all our luggage right away"
[Thu Sep 14 20:19:29 2006] : (3) Dan: "I agree"
[Thu Sep 14 20:20:13 2006] : (2) Lia: "Yes."
[Thu Sep 14 20:20:50 2006] : (2) Lia: LIa finishes her glass of wine and gets up to go upstairs
[Thu Sep 14 20:20:58 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan gathers his things and heads up to his room
[Thu Sep 14 20:21:29 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra yawns and santers upstairs
[Thu Sep 14 20:21:53 2006] : (1) DM: You have two rooms between the five of you.
[Thu Sep 14 20:22:31 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan heads for the boys' room with Adrin and Car
[Thu Sep 14 20:22:57 2006] : (1) DM: Once upstairs you search through all your luggage and find no other items that shouldn't be there.
[Thu Sep 14 20:23:27 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan calls the others to the room for a discussion
[Thu Sep 14 20:23:33 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "How about your stuff, Lia, anything weird there?"
[Thu Sep 14 20:24:00 2006] : (3) Dan: "Well, I *really* don't want to be caught on the street with that in my pack"
[Thu Sep 14 20:24:27 2006] : (3) Dan: "I can only imagine what the penalty is for being found with it"
[Thu Sep 14 20:24:32 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "So how do we get rid of it? Can we hide it somewhere for the time being?"
[Thu Sep 14 20:24:41 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan makes a hanging impression
[Thu Sep 14 20:24:53 2006] : (3) Dan: "That was my thought"
[Thu Sep 14 20:25:04 2006] : (2) Lia: "Those are toxic"
[Thu Sep 14 20:25:17 2006] : (3) Dan: "I will search this room for somewhere to store it for now"
[Thu Sep 14 20:25:17 2006] : (2) Lia: "I'd have to study them a little more to see how toxic"
[Thu Sep 14 20:25:38 2006] : (1) DM: Search check, Dan.
[Thu Sep 14 20:25:56 2006] : (3) Dan: "I have a fair amount of alchemical knowledge myself Lia, I believe it's an assassin's poison kit"
[Thu Sep 14 20:25:56 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Are they all toxic?"
[Thu Sep 14 20:26:02 2006] : (3) Dan: Search Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [9,7] = (16)
[Thu Sep 14 20:26:32 2006] : (3) Dan: "I don't think we need to test it. The less we touch it, the better."
[Thu Sep 14 20:26:38 2006] : (2) Lia: "I am an herbalist, I know my way around plants"
[Thu Sep 14 20:26:50 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc DM, I'll take 20
[Thu Sep 14 20:26:51 2006] : (2) Lia: "I meant to see h*how* toxic it is"
[Thu Sep 14 20:27:20 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I was just wondering, since some medicine can be toxic as well in a high enough dosage"
[Thu Sep 14 20:27:24 2006] : (3) Dan: "Many of them are mineral in nature, not just herbal. others, no doubt, will be animal toxins"
[Thu Sep 14 20:27:44 2006] : (1) DM: Dan spends a good few minutes giving the room a thorough search and finds a loose floorboard which can be prised up.
[Thu Sep 14 20:27:45 2006] : (3) Dan: "I know little of medicines Ali"
[Thu Sep 14 20:28:25 2006] : (3) Dan: "OK, under this floorboard? Or shall we check your room for somewhere better?"
[Thu Sep 14 20:28:39 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I have spent some time in the temple recently and picked up some things there"
[Thu Sep 14 20:28:46 2006] : (2) Lia: "No that will do, I suppose. We need to find out where it came from though"
[Thu Sep 14 20:28:55 2006] : (2) Lia: "And especialy why we are carrying it"
[Thu Sep 14 20:29:03 2006] : (2) Lia: "My take is someone will want to retrieve it"
[Thu Sep 14 20:29:09 2006] : (3) Dan: "Do we really have to puzzle that one through?"
[Thu Sep 14 20:29:10 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Let's put it out of harm's way now and then check our room to see if we can find a better hidign place"
[Thu Sep 14 20:29:26 2006] : (3) Dan: "it seems obvious to me that we were set up by Honest jack"
[Thu Sep 14 20:29:39 2006] : (2) Lia: "Or just used as carriers"
[Thu Sep 14 20:29:41 2006] : (3) Dan: "Good idea Lia"
[Thu Sep 14 20:30:22 2006] : (1) DM: ooc What a slanderous remark to make against such an upstanding citizen! :P
[Thu Sep 14 20:30:28 2006] : (3) Dan: "Well, yes Lia, but set up nonetheless. If the goods get to their destination, all the better for him. But if we get caught, he's not responsible"
[Thu Sep 14 20:30:46 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "We need to know how and why Dan was carrying it all of a sudden, if someone is trying to set us up they're not just stop right here and now"
[Thu Sep 14 20:30:52 2006] : (3) Dan: "Ali, you are stronger than I. Can you prize up the board?"
[Thu Sep 14 20:31:07 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Sure, Dan"
[Thu Sep 14 20:31:20 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra uses her dagger for leverage
[Thu Sep 14 20:31:33 2006] : (3) Dan: "Yes, somewhere along the line, someone is either going to want the box, or we will be apprehended under suspicion"
[Thu Sep 14 20:31:38 2006] : (2) Lia: "Well I see two outcomes. Either the town watch will suddenly prey on us out of nowhere, or we'll have nightly visitor"
[Thu Sep 14 20:31:47 2006] : (2) Lia: "Depending on Jack's intent"
[Thu Sep 14 20:31:54 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc lol
[Thu Sep 14 20:32:06 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Either way, we're better off without that box in our luggage"
[Thu Sep 14 20:32:13 2006] : (3) Dan: "Indeed"
[Thu Sep 14 20:32:43 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan slides the box into the floorspace
[Thu Sep 14 20:33:58 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra puts the board back and makes sure there are no traces of it ever having been out of place
[Thu Sep 14 20:34:48 2006] : (1) DM: It looks okay.
[Thu Sep 14 20:35:05 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Of course we might get a nice reward if we reported our findings. Or get arrested for out trouble"
[Thu Sep 14 20:35:55 2006] : (3) Dan: "Indeed. I somehow doubt that we'd manage to hand them in without us being first apprehended. I imagine that we're being watched"
[Thu Sep 14 20:36:39 2006] : (2) Lia: "Yes, a difficult choice"
[Thu Sep 14 20:36:48 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Besides: I prefer to keep my own council. Authorities can't always be trusted completely"
[Thu Sep 14 20:36:49 2006] : (2) Lia: "Well, I would argue we should get some rest"
[Thu Sep 14 20:36:56 2006] : (3) Dan: "I've never understood poisoners. There are so much more graceful ways to achieve a resolution"
[Thu Sep 14 20:36:57 2006] : (2) Lia: "And keep an eye open during the night"
[Thu Sep 14 20:37:04 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc what time is it?
[Thu Sep 14 20:37:17 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Late evening, around 9 o'clock.
[Thu Sep 14 20:37:18 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Early in the evening?
[Thu Sep 14 20:37:19 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc 20.37 :P
[Thu Sep 14 20:37:30 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Sure :P
[Thu Sep 14 20:37:39 2006] : (3) Dan: "I guess that you are right Lia"
[Thu Sep 14 20:38:08 2006] : (3) Dan: "So, all being well, we'll see you in the morning"
[Thu Sep 14 20:38:16 2006] : (3) Dan: "Good night ladies"
[Thu Sep 14 20:38:28 2006] : (1) DM: [1d2] -> [2] = (2)
[Thu Sep 14 20:38:41 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Good night, gentlemen"
[Thu Sep 14 20:39:27 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan sits comfortably on his bed and trances for 4 hours
[Thu Sep 14 20:39:48 2006] : (1) DM: Sometime during the night...
[Thu Sep 14 20:39:58 2006] : (1) DM: Dan is disturbed by a soft knocking at his door.
[Thu Sep 14 20:40:17 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc after 4 hours or before?
[Thu Sep 14 20:40:27 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan gets up and moves to the door
[Thu Sep 14 20:40:28 2006] : (1) Jack: (in a hoarse whisper) "Pssst. Open up in there."
[Thu Sep 14 20:40:34 2006] : (3) Dan: "Yes?"
[Thu Sep 14 20:40:42 2006] : (1) Jack: ooc at 2 in the morning. so after 4 hours
[Thu Sep 14 20:40:53 2006] : (1) Jack: "Let me come in."
[Thu Sep 14 20:40:53 2006] : (3) Dan: "Err, I don't think so"
[Thu Sep 14 20:41:29 2006] : (1) Jack: "You have something of mine, a box, it would be best if you were rid of it. Now let me in."
[Thu Sep 14 20:41:34 2006] : (3) Dan: "I don't know what you've heard about elves, but it's not true"
[Thu Sep 14 20:42:10 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc ROTFLOL
[Thu Sep 14 20:42:34 2006] : (1) Jack: Listen checks for the others who are still asleep.
[Thu Sep 14 20:42:42 2006] : (2) Lia: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [3,6] = (9)
[Thu Sep 14 20:42:43 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan moves over to the adjoining wall between the rooms and raps sharply
[Thu Sep 14 20:42:53 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [12,2] = (14)
[Thu Sep 14 20:43:14 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan then moves back to the door and unlocks it
[Thu Sep 14 20:43:50 2006] : (1) Jack: The two sleepers sleep on.
[Thu Sep 14 20:44:22 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan opens the door
[Thu Sep 14 20:44:33 2006] : (1) Jack: Jack is standing outside the door and tries to push it open to move into the room.
[Thu Sep 14 20:44:56 2006] : (1) Jack: ooc you can let him in or you can try holding the door closed enough so he can't enter (str check)
[Thu Sep 14 20:45:41 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan removes the key, then waits for him to shove
[Thu Sep 14 20:45:49 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc I was about to talk to Lia about keeping guard when it was 4 hours later :(
[Thu Sep 14 20:46:10 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan opens the door at the last minute to let him spill into the room
[Thu Sep 14 20:46:23 2006] : (1) Jack: ooc Sorry. One of you on watch will have heard Dan knocking on the wall then.
[Thu Sep 14 20:47:16 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra wakes Lia before going over to Dan's room
[Thu Sep 14 20:47:18 2006] : (1) Jack: Jack shoves the door open and enters. Not unbalanced by Dan's mean trick.
[Thu Sep 14 20:47:27 2006] : (1) Jack: "Where's the box", he hisses.
[Thu Sep 14 20:47:29 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc damn it
[Thu Sep 14 20:47:31 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Sep 14 20:47:48 2006] : (3) Dan: "What box?"
[Thu Sep 14 20:47:51 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia wakes up and takes 5 minutes before realizing what happens
[Thu Sep 14 20:48:14 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Dan? What happened?"
[Thu Sep 14 20:48:18 2006] : (1) Jack: "The box in your pack, it would be best if you gave it to me right now."
[Thu Sep 14 20:48:43 2006] : (2) Lia: LIa springs up, grabs her sickle and goes to the room next door.
[Thu Sep 14 20:48:44 2006] : (1) Jack: Jack, noticing someone behind behind him moves to place the wall at his back.
[Thu Sep 14 20:48:52 2006] : (3) Dan: "I'm sure I don't know what you mean, mr Honest jack"
[Thu Sep 14 20:49:04 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia satays at the door
[Thu Sep 14 20:49:12 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc stays too.
[Thu Sep 14 20:49:24 2006] : (3) Dan: "Ali, it seems Jack wants some box or other"
[Thu Sep 14 20:49:32 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra gets her sword out before entering the room slowly
[Thu Sep 14 20:49:39 2006] : (1) Jack: Jack looks around with a hand on his right hand dagger.
[Thu Sep 14 20:49:59 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "A box? Why would he want a box of you, Dan? Can't he afford his own?"
[Thu Sep 14 20:50:19 2006] : (1) Jack: "Perhaps I should put in a quiet word to a ... reliable... member of the city watch, hmmm?"
[Thu Sep 14 20:50:48 2006] : (3) Dan: "About what?"
[Thu Sep 14 20:51:03 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia stays put in the doorframe
[Thu Sep 14 20:51:24 2006] : (1) Jack: "The box you fool!"
[Thu Sep 14 20:51:32 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "About mighight visits, perhaps?"
[Thu Sep 14 20:51:50 2006] : (1) Jack: "It's in your pack, stupid elf."
[Thu Sep 14 20:52:13 2006] : (3) Dan: "Now why would I have a box in my pack?"
[Thu Sep 14 20:52:15 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Dan, if you have someone of Jack stop teasing him and give it to him. Open your pack and let him get his property"
[Thu Sep 14 20:52:31 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan wanders over to his pack and examines it carefully...
[Thu Sep 14 20:52:47 2006] : (3) Dan: "Umm, I have a box of salt..."
[Thu Sep 14 20:53:09 2006] : (3) Dan: "A box to protect my quills..."
[Thu Sep 14 20:53:19 2006] : (1) Jack: "Alright you bastard where have you hidden it?", he growls.
[Thu Sep 14 20:53:43 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "No need for name calling, Honest Jack"
[Thu Sep 14 20:53:44 2006] : (1) Jack: Jack scans the room before peering under the bed.
[Thu Sep 14 20:53:58 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan looks at Aliatra and Lia puzzled looking
[Thu Sep 14 20:54:00 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Does the guard know you've left your ship, I wonder"
[Thu Sep 14 20:54:23 2006] : (3) Dan: "Look, you madman, what the hell do you think that you're doing charging in here at this time?"
[Thu Sep 14 20:55:08 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Obviously he's confused, it must be all that running of blockades he's been doing lately"
[Thu Sep 14 20:55:12 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia observes the secen without moving an eyebrow
[Thu Sep 14 20:55:36 2006] : (1) Jack: "I've you're too stupid to know what's good for you I'll trouble you no further and you can suffer the consequences."
[Thu Sep 14 20:55:44 2006] : (1) Jack: Jack heads for the door.
[Thu Sep 14 20:55:55 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "And a good night to you as well, captain"
[Thu Sep 14 20:56:13 2006] : (1) Jack: ooc are those in the door going to let him past?
[Thu Sep 14 20:56:24 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Yep
[Thu Sep 14 20:56:36 2006] : (2) Lia: 3say hello tho the ship"
[Thu Sep 14 20:56:43 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia moves from the door
[Thu Sep 14 20:57:08 2006] : (1) Jack: Jack stalks from the room and heads down the stairs.
[Thu Sep 14 20:58:05 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "We need to get that box out of here right now and it can't be found in our room either"
[Thu Sep 14 20:58:19 2006] : (3) Dan: "OK, how do we do that?"
[Thu Sep 14 20:58:27 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "And before Jack gets a chance to return"
[Thu Sep 14 20:58:59 2006] : (2) Lia: "One on watch, the others on the go"
[Thu Sep 14 20:59:07 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Get it up on the roof, bury it in the garden, bury it under the compost heap, anything"
[Thu Sep 14 20:59:11 2006] : (3) Dan: "I know only one thing. The contents of that box have no good purpose, and are illegal in every state that has laws"
[Thu Sep 14 20:59:44 2006] : (3) Dan: "I can't imagine that he's not watching us. Him or his cronies"
[Thu Sep 14 20:59:52 2006] : (2) Lia: "Hmmm. How about emptying the box and replacing the vials with good potions?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:00:06 2006] : (2) Lia: "Then go and hide the box"
[Thu Sep 14 21:00:13 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Do we have vials to put in that box?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:00:24 2006] : (2) Lia: "And try to get out with the potions and go bury them out of town ror something"
[Thu Sep 14 21:00:25 2006] : (3) Dan: "Or just empty the vials into the garderobe?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:00:44 2006] : (3) Dan: "Then take the empty box to the guard?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:00:49 2006] : (2) Lia: "And fill them with some whater"
[Thu Sep 14 21:00:55 2006] : (2) Lia: "It could be dangerous though"
[Thu Sep 14 21:01:04 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Then we could just the bottles out of the window and nobody would be any the wiser"
[Thu Sep 14 21:01:05 2006] : (2) Lia: "I'd rather empty them somewhere safe"
[Thu Sep 14 21:01:32 2006] : (1) DM: You hear shouting from outside.
[Thu Sep 14 21:01:39 2006] : (3) Dan: "I can make us invisible, then we can make our way to the guardhouse?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:01:52 2006] : (2) Lia: "OK, I think now is the time to make a decision. Quick"
[Thu Sep 14 21:01:55 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "No more time to deliberate. Give me the bottles"
[Thu Sep 14 21:02:13 2006] : (3) Dan: "They're under the floorboards"
[Thu Sep 14 21:02:18 2006] : (1) Sargeant: "Town Watch! This is a Raid!"
[Thu Sep 14 21:02:39 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra gets the board up and empties the box
[Thu Sep 14 21:02:58 2006] : (1) Sargeant: Then there's the splitering sound of two doors being forced open and many booted feet.
[Thu Sep 14 21:03:01 2006] : (1) Sargeant: Initiative.
[Thu Sep 14 21:03:03 2006] : (1) Sargeant: [1d20+1] -> [8,1] = (9)
[Thu Sep 14 21:03:05 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Get the box and board back again"
[Thu Sep 14 21:03:05 2006] : (3) Dan: "Now it looks like we are hiding the evidence"
[Thu Sep 14 21:03:09 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia Initiative : [1d20+2] -> [15,2] = (17)
[Thu Sep 14 21:03:21 2006] : (3) Dan: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15)
[Thu Sep 14 21:03:25 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra throws the bottles out of the window, as far as they will go
[Thu Sep 14 21:03:39 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
[Thu Sep 14 21:03:41 2006] : (1) Sargeant: ooc wait your turn!
[Thu Sep 14 21:04:38 2006] : (1) Sargeant: Lia, your turn. The town watch have just forced the doors to the inn.
[Thu Sep 14 21:05:12 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia scraps the bottles out of the box
[Thu Sep 14 21:05:14 2006] : (1) Sargeant: You're all standing (or sitting) in Dan's room looking at a box of very incriminating evidence.
[Thu Sep 14 21:05:18 2006] : (3) Dan: "Shall we become invisible?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:05:30 2006] : (1) DM: Where are you putting the vials?
[Thu Sep 14 21:05:41 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc how many vials?
[Thu Sep 14 21:06:22 2006] : (1) DM: ooc there's 18 vials.
[Thu Sep 14 21:06:25 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Aliatra already emptied the box
[Thu Sep 14 21:06:41 2006] : (3) Dan: "Put them in a bag, I have an idea"
[Thu Sep 14 21:06:44 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc you couldn't have done, not in the time imparted to you
[Thu Sep 14 21:07:00 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia follows Dans instructions
[Thu Sep 14 21:07:01 2006] : (1) DM: ooc no you didn't because you spoke before I could ask for initiative.
[Thu Sep 14 21:07:24 2006] : (2) Lia: and empties the box in a bag
[Thu Sep 14 21:07:26 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc I think it was before that, DM, but whatever you say
[Thu Sep 14 21:07:32 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc I couldn't scrap them all 18 out of the box
[Thu Sep 14 21:08:17 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Sep 14 21:08:30 2006] : (3) Dan: "I'm going to summon an eagle. Ali, tie the bag to the eagle's talon's"
[Thu Sep 14 21:08:55 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan casts summon II
[Thu Sep 14 21:09:04 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Are you sure you want me to do that? I might be able to hold them for a moment before barging in here"
[Thu Sep 14 21:09:12 2006] : (3) Dan: Celestial Eagle...
[Thu Sep 14 21:09:14 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra stands ready
[Thu Sep 14 21:09:27 2006] : (1) DM: Okay.
[Thu Sep 14 21:09:32 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Thu Sep 14 21:09:37 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc can the eagle hold until Ali is done?
[Thu Sep 14 21:09:49 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes.
[Thu Sep 14 21:10:08 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Just standing ready to do what Dan's asked me
[Thu Sep 14 21:10:44 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra ties the sack to the eagles talons.
[Thu Sep 14 21:10:48 2006] : (1) DM: Eagles turn.
[Thu Sep 14 21:10:56 2006] : (1) DM: ooc the window is closed btw
[Thu Sep 14 21:11:03 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc damn
[Thu Sep 14 21:11:15 2006] : (3) Dan: eagle holds then
[Thu Sep 14 21:11:18 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Open the window"
[Thu Sep 14 21:11:27 2006] : (3) Dan: until it's open
[Thu Sep 14 21:11:48 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia goes to open the window
[Thu Sep 14 21:11:56 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc if it's my turn, that is
[Thu Sep 14 21:11:58 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc :D
[Thu Sep 14 21:11:59 2006] : (1) Sargeant: More shouting from outside "Move! Move! Cover the back!"
[Thu Sep 14 21:12:23 2006] : (1) Sargeant: Booted feet pound up the stairs and into the stableyard below.
[Thu Sep 14 21:12:32 2006] : (1) DM: Lia, your turn.
[Thu Sep 14 21:13:29 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia goes to open the window
[Thu Sep 14 21:13:40 2006] : (1) DM: The window opens easily.
[Thu Sep 14 21:13:44 2006] : (2) Lia: if it opens, I'm done
[Thu Sep 14 21:13:56 2006] : (1) DM: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Sep 14 21:14:00 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan has the eagle jump to the sill then fly at full speed away
[Thu Sep 14 21:14:10 2006] : (4) Aliatra: If the window opens, Aliatra lets the eagle go
[Thu Sep 14 21:14:28 2006] : (1) DM: ooc how far can it go?
[Thu Sep 14 21:14:46 2006] : (3) Dan: 80 feet per move
[Thu Sep 14 21:15:04 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I don't think it can run, so 160 in a double move
[Thu Sep 14 21:15:25 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc for 3 more rounds
[Thu Sep 14 21:15:53 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan sits on the bed looking pale
[Thu Sep 14 21:15:59 2006] : (1) DM: The eagle crosses the stable yard and swoops between a building and is lost from sight behind the building.
[Thu Sep 14 21:16:09 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc done
[Thu Sep 14 21:16:10 2006] : (1) DM: Aliatra, your turn.
[Thu Sep 14 21:16:18 2006] : (3) Dan: "Best close that window"
[Thu Sep 14 21:16:29 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra walks over to the door and opens it
[Thu Sep 14 21:16:37 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "What the hell is going on here?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:16:56 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc /me has an adrenaline rush!
[Thu Sep 14 21:17:37 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Me too :D
[Thu Sep 14 21:17:43 2006] : (1) Sargeant: "Down on the ground! Drop your weapons!" Aliatra, several guards in the corridor menace you with crossbows and drawn short swords.
[Thu Sep 14 21:18:05 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan lies down on the gound
[Thu Sep 14 21:18:11 2006] : (1) Sargeant: From outside you here more shouts: "What the hell was that! Follow that bird!"
[Thu Sep 14 21:18:18 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra shows her hands are free of weapons before getting down on the ground
[Thu Sep 14 21:18:41 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Lia are you going to surrender also?
[Thu Sep 14 21:18:44 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "What is the meaning of this?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:19:10 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia lies on the ground after having pushed the box under the bed
[Thu Sep 14 21:19:28 2006] : (2) Lia: her sickle in view in front of her
[Thu Sep 14 21:19:49 2006] : (1) Sargeant: ooc combat rounds over since you've surrendered.
[Thu Sep 14 21:20:56 2006] : (1) Sargeant: "You're under arrest for possesion of posions with intent. Tie 'em up."
[Thu Sep 14 21:21:08 2006] : (3) Dan: "What?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:21:16 2006] : (3) Dan: "What poisons?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:21:21 2006] : (1) Sargeant: ooc actually we'll keep the rounds.
[Thu Sep 14 21:21:30 2006] : (1) Sargeant: Lia, your turn.
[Thu Sep 14 21:21:44 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Poisons? My sword is enough for me"
[Thu Sep 14 21:21:47 2006] : (2) Lia: "Poisons? What poisons?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:22:04 2006] : (2) Lia: "Can I get up? You can see my weapon"
[Thu Sep 14 21:22:15 2006] : (1) Sargeant: "Stay on the floor!"
[Thu Sep 14 21:22:20 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Poison is a coward's weapon. who accuses us of using something like that?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:22:30 2006] : (2) Lia: "Ok ok, I'll stay here"
[Thu Sep 14 21:22:48 2006] : (1) Sargeant: ooc your arguments hold less weight when you're speaking to the floorboards ;)
[Thu Sep 14 21:22:56 2006] : (1) Sargeant: Dan, your turn.
[Thu Sep 14 21:22:59 2006] : (1) Sargeant: [1d100] -> [95] = (95)
[Thu Sep 14 21:23:08 2006] : (3) Dan: "And I am a practitioner of magic. What use have I for poisons?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:23:28 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan remains on the floor
[Thu Sep 14 21:23:35 2006] : (1) Sargeant: Aliatra, your turn.
[Thu Sep 14 21:23:54 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra looks up, trying to not look threatening
[Thu Sep 14 21:24:10 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Why are we accused of being poisoners?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:24:25 2006] : (1) Sargeant: "Shut up scum."
[Thu Sep 14 21:24:47 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "That's very nice and polite and also very heroic"
[Thu Sep 14 21:25:04 2006] : (3) Dan: brb loo
[Thu Sep 14 21:25:07 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Do you have any evidence against any of us?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:25:58 2006] : (1) Sargeant: Three of the watch move forwards to tie you up. You may resist if you wish. Anyone resisting?
[Thu Sep 14 21:26:08 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Nope
[Thu Sep 14 21:26:28 2006] : (2) Lia: Nope
[Thu Sep 14 21:26:41 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc back
[Thu Sep 14 21:26:43 2006] : (3) Dan: nope
[Thu Sep 14 21:26:50 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "You're our second visit this night. Captain Jack was here before. Ever heard of him?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:27:20 2006] : (3) Dan: "Yes, nearly frightened the life out of me. Demanding some box or other"
[Thu Sep 14 21:27:21 2006] : (1) Sargeant: Tied up you're dragged out along the floor and left in the corridor while both your rooms are searched.
[Thu Sep 14 21:28:38 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I hope they hurry up nand get us out of here before my muscles start knotting up"
[Thu Sep 14 21:28:51 2006] : (1) Sargeant: The sargeant exits the room brandishing the empty box. "Alright guys we have the evidence we need. Jon, get this box to the lab, tell 'em to test it for traces of toxins."
[Thu Sep 14 21:29:20 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I thought the box went into the sack?
[Thu Sep 14 21:29:33 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "And then test if to prove it ever was ours"
[Thu Sep 14 21:29:35 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc no it didn't
[Thu Sep 14 21:29:44 2006] : (1) Sargeant: ooc Lia, emptied the box and hid it under the bed.
[Thu Sep 14 21:29:49 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Where did it come from anyway?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:30:03 2006] : (2) Lia: "What box?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:30:40 2006] : (1) Sargeant: "We'll see these bastards hang. Gag 'em and take 'em away."
[Thu Sep 14 21:31:16 2006] : (2) Lia: "Welcome to town indeed"
[Thu Sep 14 21:31:18 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Basterds indeed"
[Thu Sep 14 21:31:26 2006] : (3) Dan: "Oh, gags as wgflfl bufhhdjjd. hmfll bwgffd krumbhph"
[Thu Sep 14 21:32:10 2006] : (1) DM: You're gagged and carried away by the watch to a jail where you're untied and thrown into a small dank cell underground..
[Thu Sep 14 21:32:29 2006] : (3) Dan: "Well, this is pleasant"
[Thu Sep 14 21:32:50 2006] : (1) DM: The porters stomp away leaving you with the rats and foul smell of the cells and the feeble flickering light from a solitary torch a distance away.
[Thu Sep 14 21:32:55 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Not a lot of room and the view stinks"
[Thu Sep 14 21:33:05 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you're all in the same cell.
[Thu Sep 14 21:33:13 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "And not just the view either"
[Thu Sep 14 21:33:17 2006] : (3) Dan: "I hope that when the eagle dematerialised it was high enough up to smash those bottles to pieces"
[Thu Sep 14 21:33:26 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra sniffs and starts coughing
[Thu Sep 14 21:33:33 2006] : (2) Lia: "Grand. "
[Thu Sep 14 21:33:37 2006] : (2) Lia: "I love this place"
[Thu Sep 14 21:33:39 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Don't talk about that"
[Thu Sep 14 21:33:49 2006] : (1) DM: The cell is about 8 ft square and three walls are solid stone with an iron door and bars on the other side.
[Thu Sep 14 21:33:57 2006] : (3) Dan: "Hmm, yes. Stupid me"
[Thu Sep 14 21:34:29 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc were we searched?
[Thu Sep 14 21:34:31 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Could that have been the box Jack was talking about then? And who went to the guard, do you think?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:34:53 2006] : (2) Lia: "He went"
[Thu Sep 14 21:35:01 2006] : (2) Lia: "He probably has friends within the guard"
[Thu Sep 14 21:35:05 2006] : (3) Dan: "Well, judging by the speed with which they arrived, I'd say that he'd already brought them"
[Thu Sep 14 21:35:09 2006] : (2) Lia: "Ans was looking at getting those bottles back"
[Thu Sep 14 21:35:19 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Shh"
[Thu Sep 14 21:35:36 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Oh yeah, you were roughly searched and obvious items were seized.
[Thu Sep 14 21:35:55 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc not my stones then, ignoring the obvious pun
[Thu Sep 14 21:35:58 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I wonder what he wanted from us and why he thought it expedient to sell us out"
[Thu Sep 14 21:36:00 2006] : (1) DM: ooc does anyone routinely carried concealed items?
[Thu Sep 14 21:36:04 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Sep 14 21:36:14 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Nope
[Thu Sep 14 21:36:30 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc unless the stones were obviously special
[Thu Sep 14 21:37:22 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc I had my gems tucked in my belt, they might have missed those
[Thu Sep 14 21:37:35 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22)
[Thu Sep 14 21:37:42 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Nope.
[Thu Sep 14 21:37:43 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I meant the magical stones, not the gems
[Thu Sep 14 21:38:23 2006] : (1) DM: After some hours in the cold, dark and damp alongst the rats and putrid material covering the floor of the cell a vistor arrives.
[Thu Sep 14 21:38:27 2006] : (1) DM: It's Jack.
[Thu Sep 14 21:38:34 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc I know, I just want to know if I can corrupt anybody if I want to
[Thu Sep 14 21:38:54 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc are my magic stones still there?
[Thu Sep 14 21:39:10 2006] : (1) Jack: ooc where do you keep them?
[Thu Sep 14 21:39:17 2006] : (3) Dan: in my pocket
[Thu Sep 14 21:39:20 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Whispering: "Don't let on to Jack either, we know nothing"
[Thu Sep 14 21:39:32 2006] : (1) Jack: ooc They'd have found them.
[Thu Sep 14 21:39:46 2006] : (1) Jack: "You fucking bastards, where the fuck did you hide the vials." Jack sounds angry.
[Thu Sep 14 21:40:01 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "What are you talking about?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:40:09 2006] : (2) Lia: "Will you finally tell us which vials you are talking about?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:40:19 2006] : (3) Dan: "Vials?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:40:26 2006] : (3) Dan: "I thought you wanted a box?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:41:10 2006] : (1) Jack: "You opened the bloody box so you damn well know what I'm talking about."
[Thu Sep 14 21:41:13 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Are you alright captain Jack?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:41:37 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Guard! Captain Jack is yelling at us!"
[Thu Sep 14 21:42:03 2006] : (3) Dan: "Why the hell is captain jack in the cells with us?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:42:06 2006] : (1) Jack: [1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7), [1d20+4] -> [4,4] = (8), [1d20+1] -> [17,1] = (18)
[Thu Sep 14 21:42:30 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia sits on the damp ground and sighs
[Thu Sep 14 21:42:53 2006] : (2) Lia: I wish I understood what was going on. Vials, a box, poisons...
[Thu Sep 14 21:42:58 2006] : (2) Lia: "I'm confused"
[Thu Sep 14 21:43:13 2006] : (3) Dan: "Jack, you seem fearful?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:43:17 2006] : (1) Jack: ooc The watch took everything except your clothes.
[Thu Sep 14 21:43:17 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "So is Jack, it seems"
[Thu Sep 14 21:43:39 2006] : (3) Dan: "We can't hurt you"
[Thu Sep 14 21:43:50 2006] : (3) Dan: "Indeed why would we wish to?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:43:56 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Unless you come real close, of course"
[Thu Sep 14 21:44:18 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra grins as she makes a pair of fists
[Thu Sep 14 21:44:40 2006] : (1) Jack: "You'd be scared if you'd fucked up a routine job for the guild. Shit!"
[Thu Sep 14 21:44:56 2006] : (2) Lia: "The guild again"
[Thu Sep 14 21:44:59 2006] : (3) Dan: "Whatever has happened to the plucky Jack we met in Northwatch?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:45:13 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Perhaps it's the help you hired. I always hear good help is hard to find"
[Thu Sep 14 21:46:20 2006] : (1) Jack: "That plucky Jack is a dead man unless you tell me what the fuck you did with those vials. Just tell me where they are!"
[Thu Sep 14 21:46:50 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "What could be in that for us?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:46:51 2006] : (1) Jack: "I did you a favour now do one for me."
[Thu Sep 14 21:46:54 2006] : (3) Dan: "Well, it seems that we'll maybe see each other in our next lives. Apparenly our lives are forfeit too"
[Thu Sep 14 21:47:12 2006] : (3) Dan: "Some favour that ended us up in here"
[Thu Sep 14 21:47:17 2006] : (2) Lia: "I wonder how ending up in a cell is a favour"
[Thu Sep 14 21:47:51 2006] : (1) Jack: "If you'd just handed that box over like I said you wouldn't be here."
[Thu Sep 14 21:48:01 2006] : (3) Dan: "What box?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:48:12 2006] : (1) Jack: "Look, if I get you out will you tell me where you hid them?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:49:29 2006] : (2) Lia: "Where we hid what?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:49:53 2006] : (1) Jack: Spot and listen checks.
[Thu Sep 14 21:50:03 2006] : (3) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [18,5] = (23)
[Thu Sep 14 21:50:06 2006] : (3) Dan: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [9,5] = (14)
[Thu Sep 14 21:50:11 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I wonder who Jack fears the most, the guard of the guild"
[Thu Sep 14 21:50:14 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [1,2] = (3)
[Thu Sep 14 21:50:15 2006] : (2) Lia: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [15,6] = (21)
[Thu Sep 14 21:50:17 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [11,2] = (13)
[Thu Sep 14 21:50:18 2006] : (2) Lia: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [3,5] = (8)
[Thu Sep 14 21:50:30 2006] : (1) Jack: [1d20+14] -> [13,14] = (27)
[Thu Sep 14 21:50:34 2006] : (1) Jack: [1d20+14] -> [14,14] = (28)
[Thu Sep 14 21:51:52 2006] : (1) Jack: A figure dressed head to toe in black with a black good shadowing his or her face emerges from the gloom directly behind Jack.
[Thu Sep 14 21:52:35 2006] : (3) Dan: "Jack..."
[Thu Sep 14 21:52:37 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Another visitor?"
[Thu Sep 14 21:52:56 2006] : (1) Assassin: "Hello Jack.", says the figure softly into Jack's ear.
[Thu Sep 14 21:53:21 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia gets up
[Thu Sep 14 21:54:19 2006] : (1) Assassin: Initiative
[Thu Sep 14 21:54:29 2006] : (3) Dan: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
[Thu Sep 14 21:54:33 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Don't kill him here. We're in enought trouble as it is"
[Thu Sep 14 21:54:35 2006] : (1) Assassin: [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
[Thu Sep 14 21:54:36 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia Initiative : [1d20+2] -> [18,2] = (20)
[Thu Sep 14 21:54:42 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Initiative [1d20+7] -> [3,7] = (10)
[Thu Sep 14 21:55:32 2006] : (1) Assassin: Lia, there's possibly not a whole lot you can do. But it's your turn anyway.
[Thu Sep 14 21:56:12 2006] : (2) Lia: "Who are you? What do you want?" Lia stays one or two steps back from Jack and the assassin
[Thu Sep 14 21:56:23 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc ah
[Thu Sep 14 21:56:26 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc if we have a map
[Thu Sep 14 21:56:31 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc I move
[Thu Sep 14 21:56:49 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc are they outside?
[Thu Sep 14 21:56:53 2006] : (2) Lia: and we inside?
[Thu Sep 14 21:57:02 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc /me missed that part
[Thu Sep 14 21:57:26 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc we were all at the back of the cell, I assume that we can all occupy a 10 foot wide space?
[Thu Sep 14 21:57:26 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Jack would have to be very unwise to come in to our cell, unarmed or not
[Thu Sep 14 21:57:28 2006] : (1) Assassin: They're outside behind metal bars, The bars are wide enough that you can reach through.
[Thu Sep 14 21:57:43 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc scratch all I said before
[Thu Sep 14 21:58:28 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia moves swiftly to the side of the door (the side where it open (ie not on the errr, what's the word)
[Thu Sep 14 21:58:50 2006] : (1) Assassin: ooc hinges?
[Thu Sep 14 21:59:19 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc hinges, yes, not the side of the hinges, the other side
[Thu Sep 14 21:59:27 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc who says it opens inwards ;P
[Thu Sep 14 21:59:39 2006] : (1) Assassin: Okay.
[Thu Sep 14 21:59:50 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc whichever, not the hinges side
[Thu Sep 14 21:59:59 2006] : (2) Lia: making no noise and staying silent
[Thu Sep 14 22:00:01 2006] : (2) Lia: done
[Thu Sep 14 22:00:05 2006] : (1) Assassin: ooc the door opens outwards.
[Thu Sep 14 22:00:27 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc It would, since this is a (small) cell
[Thu Sep 14 22:00:41 2006] : (2) Lia: can you draw the door?
[Thu Sep 14 22:00:50 2006] : (2) Lia: or place my miniature where appropriate
[Thu Sep 14 22:01:44 2006] : (2) Lia: thx done
[Thu Sep 14 22:01:49 2006] : (1) Assassin: The assassin stabs Jack. "Jack, no more mistakes. Consider this a friendly warning that we can find you anywhere."
[Thu Sep 14 22:02:30 2006] : (1) Assassin: The assassin moves back into the shadows and you see him move off down the corridor before he (or she) is lost from sight.
[Thu Sep 14 22:02:59 2006] : (1) Jack: "Ah. Shit. I've been stabbed."
[Thu Sep 14 22:03:18 2006] : (1) Jack: Jack winces.
[Thu Sep 14 22:03:25 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Get a bit closer and let me help you"
[Thu Sep 14 22:03:28 2006] : (3) Dan: "In the back too. Oh the irony"
[Thu Sep 14 22:04:28 2006] : (1) Jack: Jack looks around and leans closer and says: "Ah fuck the guild. I'll get you out of here if you keep me alive long enough to get to Waveskimmer."
[Thu Sep 14 22:04:42 2006] : (2) Lia: "open the door and we will help you"
[Thu Sep 14 22:04:43 2006] : (1) Jack: "A deal?"
[Thu Sep 14 22:04:50 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "EGt us out of here and we'll get you on board"
[Thu Sep 14 22:05:12 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "And now hold still while I take a look at your wound"
[Thu Sep 14 22:05:16 2006] : (2) Lia: "A deal - and you'll need to tell us how to get our gear back"
[Thu Sep 14 22:05:20 2006] : (3) Dan: "What about our gear?"
[Thu Sep 14 22:05:35 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc Craig, great minds you and I today ;)
[Thu Sep 14 22:05:35 2006] : (3) Dan: "My spellbook is practically irreplaceable"
[Thu Sep 14 22:05:44 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra casts a CLW on Jack
[Thu Sep 14 22:05:46 2006] : (4) Aliatra: [1d8+1] -> [7,1] = (8)
[Thu Sep 14 22:05:55 2006] : (1) Jack: "Your gear? Um. Of course. Uh. Let me think..."
[Thu Sep 14 22:06:06 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc did he open the door?
[Thu Sep 14 22:06:16 2006] : (1) Jack: ooc The door is still closed.
[Thu Sep 14 22:06:29 2006] : (2) Lia: "Aliatra, will you let him open the door first"
[Thu Sep 14 22:07:13 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I can't just let him bleed to death, I can kill a man but not watch him die slowly"
[Thu Sep 14 22:07:14 2006] : (1) Jack: "I can steal the key but you'll need to take care of the guards on your way out. That won't please the watch."
[Thu Sep 14 22:07:55 2006] : (2) Lia: "Do we have a choice?"
[Thu Sep 14 22:08:24 2006] : (1) Jack: "Do you have a better plan for busting out of jail?"
[Thu Sep 14 22:08:34 2006] : (2) Lia: "No, I don't"
[Thu Sep 14 22:08:42 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc /me gets out his get out of jail free card
[Thu Sep 14 22:08:53 2006] : (2) Lia: "So we'll take care of the guards"
[Thu Sep 14 22:08:55 2006] : (2) Lia: "Move along"
[Thu Sep 14 22:09:30 2006] : (1) Jack: "Stay here, I'll be back." Jack heads off down the corridor.
[Thu Sep 14 22:09:34 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "With a bit of luck I can make one of them just run away"
[Thu Sep 14 22:10:08 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Stay here. Liek we're going anywhere in a locked cell"
[Thu Sep 14 22:10:20 2006] : (3) Dan: "I can blind a whole gang of them, temporarily"
[Thu Sep 14 22:10:28 2006] : (1) Jack: Jack soon returns and unlocks your cell.
[Thu Sep 14 22:10:42 2006] : (3) Dan: "Maybe I should cast first and you can use your spell to get anyone not blinded"
[Thu Sep 14 22:10:54 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Anything that doesn't involve us killing them would be nice and not hurting them would be even nicer"
[Thu Sep 14 22:11:00 2006] : (1) Jack: "Your gear is in a room up ahead, quietly now."
[Thu Sep 14 22:11:13 2006] : (3) Dan: "By the way, if I say SHAZAM, close your eyes when I cast"
[Thu Sep 14 22:11:14 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Just the one, Dan, my magic is very limited"
[Thu Sep 14 22:11:40 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan follows as quietly as he can
[Thu Sep 14 22:11:56 2006] : (3) Dan: "Yes, sorry, hopefully I'll get them all"
[Thu Sep 14 22:11:59 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra tiptoes after them
[Thu Sep 14 22:12:27 2006] : (1) Jack: You pass a guard slumed in the corridor with a spreading blood stain on his back.
[Thu Sep 14 22:12:34 2006] : (1) Jack: slumped
[Thu Sep 14 22:13:02 2006] : (2) Lia: ooc dead dead?
[Thu Sep 14 22:13:09 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "It seems your friend passed here"
[Thu Sep 14 22:13:11 2006] : (1) Jack: Jack leads you up a short flight of stone steps and inidicated a small room to your right, "You gear in in there."
[Thu Sep 14 22:13:23 2006] : (1) Jack: ooc he looks dead.
[Thu Sep 14 22:13:34 2006] : (1) Jack: "Quickly!"
[Thu Sep 14 22:13:35 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia casts a spell on the man
[Thu Sep 14 22:13:44 2006] : (2) Lia: Casts...: Cure minor wounds: +1 HP
[Thu Sep 14 22:13:49 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra goes in first
[Thu Sep 14 22:13:59 2006] : (2) Lia: "Yes, I'm here"
[Thu Sep 14 22:14:01 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia follows
[Thu Sep 14 22:14:41 2006] : (1) Jack: Aliatra, are you going to spend the time to don your armour?
[Thu Sep 14 22:15:10 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan grabs his gear, dons his ring and amulet
[Thu Sep 14 22:15:18 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Nope, not now
[Thu Sep 14 22:15:40 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan pockets the stones, keeping the knock one close to hand
[Thu Sep 14 22:15:57 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra gets her weapons and tries to stow her armour in her backpack
[Thu Sep 14 22:16:10 2006] : (2) Lia: Lia gets her gear, sickle in hand and bag on back
[Thu Sep 14 22:16:19 2006] : (1) Jack: Having gathered your equipment Jack leads you up another short flight of stairs to a strong wooden door.
[Thu Sep 14 22:16:23 2006] : (1) DM: GAME END