Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / The Dark Trade - 07 September 2006

[Thu Sep 7 19:40:03 2006] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu Sep 7 19:41:07 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan waits in the Inn on the 14th day for Lia to return from the wilderness
[Thu Sep 7 19:41:13 2006] : (1) DM: A few uneventful weeks pass and early one evening you're sitting in the common room of the Last Inn having a quiet drink.
[Thu Sep 7 19:41:44 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia comes in, discheveled but looking happy and in very good shape
[Thu Sep 7 19:41:51 2006] : (6) Lia: "Hi there"
[Thu Sep 7 19:41:58 2006] : (6) Lia: Long time no see, but I am back"
[Thu Sep 7 19:42:00 2006] : (1) DM: Outside the border dispute continues with news of minor skirmishes and narrow escapes by ships evading the naval blockade.
[Thu Sep 7 19:42:04 2006] : (6) Lia: "I almost forgot to come back at all"
[Thu Sep 7 19:42:26 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Hi, Lia. What have you been doing with yourself?"
[Thu Sep 7 19:43:45 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Is the wilderness still as attractive?"
[Thu Sep 7 19:44:01 2006] : (3) Dan: "Any news of a way out of town?"
[Thu Sep 7 19:44:31 2006] : (3) Dan: "We've heard that some small ships are able to run the blockade, but maybe a cart is the best way South?"
[Thu Sep 7 19:44:48 2006] : (6) Lia: "It is"
[Thu Sep 7 19:44:58 2006] : (6) Lia: "IEvery time I wonder why I actually come back to town"
[Thu Sep 7 19:45:07 2006] : (6) Lia: "I am at peace with anture, and look around you"
[Thu Sep 7 19:45:11 2006] : (6) Lia: "Blockade, wars..."
[Thu Sep 7 19:45:12 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "To leave it again with us?"
[Thu Sep 7 19:45:15 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "To see us, of course!"
[Thu Sep 7 19:45:54 2006] : (6) Lia: "Anyway. South sounds good."
[Thu Sep 7 19:46:12 2006] : (3) Dan: "There's plenty of nature between here and the next city"
[Thu Sep 7 19:46:14 2006] : (6) Lia: "And a cart seems the only way out anyway, doesn't it?"
[Thu Sep 7 19:46:23 2006] : (3) Dan: "Whichever way we get there"
[Thu Sep 7 19:46:34 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "If we want to take our ore, it is"
[Thu Sep 7 19:46:50 2006] : (3) Dan: "To be frank I'll be glad to get rid of these metal ingots"
[Thu Sep 7 19:47:24 2006] : (3) Dan: "But there's no selling them here, and if we leave it here, we might never return to claim it"
[Thu Sep 7 19:47:37 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I prefer other metals we well, Dan, the kind that jingles in my purse"
[Thu Sep 7 19:47:40 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Anywhere. Anywhere that they pay for our work! Anywhere that there is more world to see!"
[Thu Sep 7 19:47:48 2006] : (6) Lia: "Well, I don't much care about metal to start with"
[Thu Sep 7 19:47:54 2006] : (6) Lia: "But I'll do what you decide"
[Thu Sep 7 19:49:18 2006] : (3) Dan: "Well, I guess we'd better purchase a horse an cart if one is to be had. An ox will probably prove too slow"
[Thu Sep 7 19:49:33 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc is there one DM, I guess we would have enquired
[Thu Sep 7 19:50:30 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Horses and carts are available to purchase.
[Thu Sep 7 19:51:44 2006] : (3) Dan: "Shall we make arrangements, then rest here one more night and head off in the morning?"
[Thu Sep 7 19:51:47 2006] : (6) Lia: "Yes. I was looking at horses earlier anyway"
[Thu Sep 7 19:51:59 2006] : (6) Lia: "I would like buy one for myself as well"
[Thu Sep 7 19:52:10 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc how much was Bed and board in the Inn DM?
[Thu Sep 7 19:52:25 2006] : (1) DM: ooc it was 5 sp each I think
[Thu Sep 7 19:52:56 2006] : (3) Dan: "For now, I shall content myself with riding on the cart. I'm not much of an equestrian."
[Thu Sep 7 19:54:10 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Greatsword +1 (base): [1d20+9] -> [13,9] = (22) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] -> [1,5,6] = (12)
[Thu Sep 7 19:54:12 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Greatsword +1 (base): [1d20+9] -> [19,9] = (28) ===> Damage: [2d6+6] -> [2,3,6] = (11)
[Thu Sep 7 19:54:12 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Critical hit? [1d20+9] -> [17,9] = (26) ===> Damage: [4d6+12] -> [3,4,4,4,12] = (27)
[Thu Sep 7 19:54:16 2006] : (3) Dan: "The horse and cart ae 215GP"
[Thu Sep 7 19:54:22 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Oops, sorry
[Thu Sep 7 19:54:26 2006] : (3) Dan: Shall we take it from the funds?"
[Thu Sep 7 19:54:59 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Do we have that much?"
[Thu Sep 7 19:55:16 2006] : (3) Dan: "Yes, there's 281gp in there"
[Thu Sep 7 19:55:42 2006] : (6) Lia: "Perfect"
[Thu Sep 7 19:56:11 2006] : (3) Dan: "Oh, I guess there's the bit and bridle and horse feed to add too"
[Thu Sep 7 19:56:22 2006] : (1) DM: A man approaches from the bar. He's wearing a long dark gray cloak over a deep burgundy shirt, two daggers hang from his belt. His long black hair is long and tied back in a pony tail.
[Thu Sep 7 19:56:28 2006] : (3) Dan: "217.5gp"
[Thu Sep 7 19:57:05 2006] : (1) Jack: "Good evening Sirs and Madams, I couldn't help but overhear your transportation plans."
[Thu Sep 7 19:57:15 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "And you are?"
[Thu Sep 7 19:57:34 2006] : (1) Jack: "My name is Jack and I have a business propasition to make."
[Thu Sep 7 19:57:57 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Tell us about it"
[Thu Sep 7 19:58:56 2006] : (1) Jack: "If I am to understand correctly you wish to transport some goods to the south? (may I have a seat?)" Jack pulls over a spare chair and sits down.
[Thu Sep 7 19:59:08 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc we 682kg of metal!!
[Thu Sep 7 19:59:14 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc we have682kg of metal!!
[Thu Sep 7 19:59:43 2006] : (1) Jack: "It so happens that I have a ship sailing south that could transport your goods."
[Thu Sep 7 20:00:02 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "And how do you propose dealing with the blockade?"
[Thu Sep 7 20:00:03 2006] : (1) Jack: ooc that's not a whole lot in volume.
[Thu Sep 7 20:00:12 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "A ship? Do you think you can slip the blockade?"
[Thu Sep 7 20:00:59 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I guess it's not really
[Thu Sep 7 20:01:59 2006] : (1) Jack: "Ah yes, the pesky blockade. The ship can easily evade their sluggish vessels."
[Thu Sep 7 20:02:38 2006] : (1) Jack: "And furthermore they're not even keeping an eye on the cove where the ship is currently beached."
[Thu Sep 7 20:02:46 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "So, Mr. Honest Jack, what is the name of this lovely vessel?"
[Thu Sep 7 20:02:48 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "You sound very confident"
[Thu Sep 7 20:03:05 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia smiles at Car's remark
[Thu Sep 7 20:03:27 2006] : (1) Jack: ooc (glares at the player asking for a name)
[Thu Sep 7 20:04:04 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc the Black Pearl by any chance?
[Thu Sep 7 20:04:10 2006] : (1) Jack: "The ship is a fine schooner by the name of Waveskimmer."
[Thu Sep 7 20:04:21 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Thu Sep 7 20:04:47 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "And by the sound of it she's used to go around undetected"
[Thu Sep 7 20:04:59 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "And these waves, they are wonderful cover to disguise us from the blockade vessels, yes?"
[Thu Sep 7 20:05:00 2006] : (3) Dan: "And how much would the services of this vessel cost us?"
[Thu Sep 7 20:05:20 2006] : (6) Lia: "Ye"s, I am quite interested in the price, actually"
[Thu Sep 7 20:05:36 2006] : (6) Lia: "Because we are low on cash, and a horse was about what we could afford"
[Thu Sep 7 20:05:50 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Well, mr. Jack said proposition, let's hear him out first"
[Thu Sep 7 20:05:58 2006] : (1) Jack: ooc one moment
[Thu Sep 7 20:06:00 2006] : (6) Lia: "and we'd have had that for quite a bit of time"
[Thu Sep 7 20:08:44 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Whispering to the others: "Not all propositions concern money, you know, let him tell us what he wants from us"
[Thu Sep 7 20:09:39 2006] : (1) Jack: "For people such as yourselves I'm prepared to offer a substantial discount off the usual fare."
[Thu Sep 7 20:09:48 2006] : (6) Lia: "Ah"
[Thu Sep 7 20:09:50 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Go on"
[Thu Sep 7 20:09:52 2006] : (1) Jack: ooc can anyone remember the name of the town to the south?
[Thu Sep 7 20:09:59 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc nope.
[Thu Sep 7 20:10:09 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc nope
[Thu Sep 7 20:10:24 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Nope
[Thu Sep 7 20:10:34 2006] : (1) Jack: "With the naval blockade I feel that an increased armed presence would be beneficial to detering any ships from attempting a boarding."
[Thu Sep 7 20:10:50 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Well, it might at that"
[Thu Sep 7 20:10:58 2006] : (3) Dan: "Maybe that would be a good idea"
[Thu Sep 7 20:10:58 2006] : (1) Jack: ooc Nadel
[Thu Sep 7 20:11:08 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc sounds vaguely familiar
[Thu Sep 7 20:11:55 2006] : (1) Jack: "Naturally, I don't expect any such event to occur. Waveskimmer is far too switch a vessel, but one doesn't make a profit from needless risk."
[Thu Sep 7 20:12:44 2006] : (6) Lia: "Right. What assurance have twe to get to our destination?"
[Thu Sep 7 20:12:58 2006] : (3) Dan: "So we still come down to cost?"
[Thu Sep 7 20:13:12 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "And how much do you propose to pay us?"
[Thu Sep 7 20:15:11 2006] : (1) Jack: "You seem to have misunderstood, your presence onboard will reduce the standard fee which is 10 gold pieces for yourselves and an additional 50 gold pieces for each tonne of cargo for the 30 mile sail down the coast to Nadel."
[Thu Sep 7 20:15:44 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "You're not paying us to defend your vessel?"
[Thu Sep 7 20:16:25 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "And by doing you a favour, Mr. Honest Jack, we earn the priveledge of paying you our scant cash?"
[Thu Sep 7 20:16:51 2006] : (3) Dan: "OK, so if that is the standard fare, what is the reduced fare?"
[Thu Sep 7 20:16:55 2006] : (6) Lia: "Or rather, you are paying us a small price in times of war..."
[Thu Sep 7 20:17:18 2006] : (1) Jack: ooc the price given was supposed to be the reduced fee.
[Thu Sep 7 20:17:32 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc OK
[Thu Sep 7 20:17:33 2006] : (1) Jack: ooc my English is worse than Jack's excellent Common.
[Thu Sep 7 20:17:45 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc LOL
[Thu Sep 7 20:17:49 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Sep 7 20:19:00 2006] : (3) Dan: "And, say we are attacked, and succeed in driving off any opponents, and perhaps end up with another vessel..."
[Thu Sep 7 20:19:23 2006] : (3) Dan: "You get the boat, we get 75% of booty"
[Thu Sep 7 20:19:29 2006] : (1) Jack: "You won't find a better deal from any of the ship's masters here in Northwatch. It tends to require a substantial amount of gold to pursude captains to run a blockade."
[Thu Sep 7 20:19:57 2006] : (1) Jack: "That would be a reasonable deal."
[Thu Sep 7 20:20:01 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "You don't have to be persuaded to do that, it's what you want to do anyway"
[Thu Sep 7 20:20:42 2006] : (6) Lia: "Right, I'll ask my question again"
[Thu Sep 7 20:20:45 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan looks at the others for assent to his proposal
[Thu Sep 7 20:21:06 2006] : (6) Lia: "Or maybe not, Dan's proposal is good"
[Thu Sep 7 20:21:07 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra shrugs and smiles at Dan
[Thu Sep 7 20:21:11 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "That would seem better."
[Thu Sep 7 20:21:56 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Just as long as it's understood we don't initiate any attacks, we're defenderes, not pirates"
[Thu Sep 7 20:22:06 2006] : (3) Dan: "Agreed"
[Thu Sep 7 20:22:20 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia nods
[Thu Sep 7 20:22:20 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra looks at Jack
[Thu Sep 7 20:22:29 2006] : (1) Jack: "Of course, one doesn't endanger ones cargo by looking for fights."
[Thu Sep 7 20:23:05 2006] : (1) Jack: "So have we reached and agreement?"
[Thu Sep 7 20:23:21 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I believe we have a deal"
[Thu Sep 7 20:23:30 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra shakes hands with Jack
[Thu Sep 7 20:23:47 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan puts his hand on the shake
[Thu Sep 7 20:24:11 2006] : (1) Jack: Jack's handshake is firm.
[Thu Sep 7 20:24:22 2006] : (1) Jack: "How much cargo do you have?"
[Thu Sep 7 20:24:31 2006] : (3) Dan: "I believe a drink to the deal is customary amongst humans?"
[Thu Sep 7 20:25:05 2006] : (1) Jack: Jack isn't carrying a drink
[Thu Sep 7 20:25:11 2006] : (3) Dan: "We have just under 700kg of cargo"
[Thu Sep 7 20:25:15 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Yes, most times a deal is struck"
[Thu Sep 7 20:25:23 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan signals for drinks
[Thu Sep 7 20:25:29 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra orders a round
[Thu Sep 7 20:25:40 2006] : (3) Dan: "Not including ourselves"
[Thu Sep 7 20:26:21 2006] : (3) Dan: "I guess with personal effects, it's near enough a ton"
[Thu Sep 7 20:26:29 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc or rather a tonne
[Thu Sep 7 20:26:55 2006] : (1) Jack: "Less than a ton of cargo? Excellent, we shan't be slowed down too much. 45 gold pieces for yourselves and the cargo, I'll take the payment upon departure."
[Thu Sep 7 20:27:04 2006] : (1) Jack: ooc +ne
[Thu Sep 7 20:27:40 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "When will departure be?"
[Thu Sep 7 20:28:35 2006] : (3) Dan: "Yes, and we'll need to know what quay you are berthed at"
[Thu Sep 7 20:28:39 2006] : (1) Jack: "We shall be sailing early this morning to take advantage to the tides and morning fog. I recommend gathering your effects together now and making your way to the cove."
[Thu Sep 7 20:29:03 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "And what, Mr. Honest Jack, is your peacetime trade?"
[Thu Sep 7 20:29:10 2006] : (1) Jack: "I shall wait here until you are ready to leave to guide you to the cove."
[Thu Sep 7 20:29:31 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Wel'll need to hire a cart then"
[Thu Sep 7 20:29:54 2006] : (1) Jack: "Why honest things of course!" (with a wink).
[Thu Sep 7 20:29:56 2006] : (3) Dan: "In which case, I think that we must hustle"
[Thu Sep 7 20:30:21 2006] : (3) Dan: "I'm sure that we can hire a cart and porters for a nominal fee Ali"
[Thu Sep 7 20:30:40 2006] : (3) Dan: "We shall see to our cargo and see you anon"
[Thu Sep 7 20:30:43 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I wasn't worried Dan, just thinking out loud"
[Thu Sep 7 20:31:09 2006] : (3) Dan: "I was referring more to the fact that I don't want to have to move it myself"
[Thu Sep 7 20:31:34 2006] : (3) Dan: "Moving heavy metal bars is not really my fort"
[Thu Sep 7 20:31:50 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Well, let's get moving"
[Thu Sep 7 20:32:41 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan stands and moves to leave with the others
[Thu Sep 7 20:32:45 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia follows
[Thu Sep 7 20:33:27 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra goes up to get her things and pays the bill on coming down again
[Thu Sep 7 20:33:43 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc can we zoom the cargo maneouvering DM?
[Thu Sep 7 20:34:08 2006] : (1) DM: It takes you an hour or so to arrange the horse and cart and for some labourers to load the ingots onto the cart.
[Thu Sep 7 20:34:32 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Caraegyn pitches in to help
[Thu Sep 7 20:34:59 2006] : (1) DM: Soon a fully loaded cart parked outside the Last Inn.
[Thu Sep 7 20:35:11 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra helps as well
[Thu Sep 7 20:35:28 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Thank you, gentlemen"
[Thu Sep 7 20:35:45 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan grabs his gear from the inn, and says farewell to the innkeeper
[Thu Sep 7 20:36:21 2006] : (1) Jack: Jack meets you outside.
[Thu Sep 7 20:36:25 2006] : (6) Lia: "Now the sea."
[Thu Sep 7 20:36:35 2006] : (6) Lia: "I am curious what awaits us on water"
[Thu Sep 7 20:36:53 2006] : (1) Jack: He jumps nimply onto the cart and starts giving direction.
[Thu Sep 7 20:37:00 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I hope I don't get sick, I never was at sea before"
[Thu Sep 7 20:37:08 2006] : (3) Dan: "I'm hoping for nothing"
[Thu Sep 7 20:37:10 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Somewhere new to see!"
[Thu Sep 7 20:37:18 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra drives the cart
[Thu Sep 7 20:37:32 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan sits in back
[Thu Sep 7 20:37:42 2006] : (1) Jack: "To the east gate, and keep the noise down if you would. No need to attract undue attention."
[Thu Sep 7 20:38:10 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Ah, in that case I'd better not walk"
[Thu Sep 7 20:38:36 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan chuckles
[Thu Sep 7 20:38:54 2006] : (1) Jack: Upon reaching the gates (now closed since it's after sundown) Jack whistles and a gate guard acknowledges with a wave and opens the gates just wide enough for the cart to pass.
[Thu Sep 7 20:39:20 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Hmm, a man with friends in high places"
[Thu Sep 7 20:40:14 2006] : (1) Jack: Jack makes no comment other than "Continue eastwards."
[Thu Sep 7 20:40:41 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia follows the cart, trying to keep an eye about
[Thu Sep 7 20:41:01 2006] : (6) Lia: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
[Thu Sep 7 20:41:07 2006] : (1) Jack: The town gates close behind you.
[Thu Sep 7 20:41:36 2006] : (1) Jack: You travel only the road for a short while before Jack directs you southwest-wards and back towards the ocean.
[Thu Sep 7 20:42:07 2006] : (1) Jack: You soon reach the coast where Jack indicates that you should stop.
[Thu Sep 7 20:42:36 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan looks around warily
[Thu Sep 7 20:42:43 2006] : (3) Dan: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [20,5] = (25)
[Thu Sep 7 20:43:09 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc I thought the coast was west?
[Thu Sep 7 20:43:13 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc nm
[Thu Sep 7 20:43:21 2006] : (1) Jack: There's someone with a lantern standing at the top of the cliff where a path heads downwards.
[Thu Sep 7 20:43:25 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra stops the cart
[Thu Sep 7 20:43:47 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Perhaps I'd better lead from here"
[Thu Sep 7 20:44:05 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "And this is your honest hiding place, Mr. Honest Jack?" Caraegyn grins, obviously interested to see what the man's reaction will be.
[Thu Sep 7 20:44:26 2006] : (1) Jack: Jack calls out. "Jodi! Calls the others and get started on stowing this cargo."
[Thu Sep 7 20:44:42 2006] : (6) Lia: "I'll help"
[Thu Sep 7 20:46:04 2006] : (1) Jack: "A hiding place is neither honest nor dishonest. It's the purpose that is either honest or dishonest and since you're honest people that would make it an honest hiding place, yes?"
[Thu Sep 7 20:46:20 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "For us, yes"
[Thu Sep 7 20:46:35 2006] : (1) Jack: "But enough banter, follow me down to the Waveskimmer and get yourselves aboard."
[Thu Sep 7 20:46:41 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "And for you, Mr. Honest Jack?"
[Thu Sep 7 20:46:43 2006] : (3) Dan: "I guess by that definition, you are correct, but I doubt that ours is your only cargo"
[Thu Sep 7 20:47:09 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan follows
[Thu Sep 7 20:47:27 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia follows
[Thu Sep 7 20:47:28 2006] : (1) Jack: "Wouldn't transporting goods for the honest folk of beleagured Northwatch also be honest?"
[Thu Sep 7 20:48:06 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "That would depend on what the honest folk of Northwatch are paying for this transportation. And on the provenance and destination of the goods."
[Thu Sep 7 20:48:43 2006] : (1) Jack: Jodi, who's dressed in practical trousers and shirt hands the lantern to Jack and shouts over the cliff: "Get your lazy arses up here and stow this cargo."
[Thu Sep 7 20:49:18 2006] : (1) Jack: Jodi also has a short sword on her belt.
[Thu Sep 7 20:49:58 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Is the honest merchanting business so dangerous that all must be armed?"
[Thu Sep 7 20:50:25 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Well, there is a war on" Aliatra grins
[Thu Sep 7 20:50:31 2006] : (1) Jack: Jack heads down a narrow path that winds down the cliff face until it reaches a small sandy cove where a sleek looking 2 masted ship lies at anchor.
[Thu Sep 7 20:51:06 2006] : (1) Jack: "One must also remember that one person's honest is another person's crime."
[Thu Sep 7 20:51:26 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "And your honest, Mr. Jack, is how many people's crime?"
[Thu Sep 7 20:51:39 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan admires the sleekness in a way of someone who knows nothing about boats
[Thu Sep 7 20:51:49 2006] : (1) Jack: Jack gestures you aboard a small dingy as a dozen sailors walk past and head up the cliff.
[Thu Sep 7 20:52:12 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan clambers aboard
[Thu Sep 7 20:52:22 2006] : (6) Lia: "I'll wait until the cargo is on board, if that is ok"
[Thu Sep 7 20:52:23 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc it's a bit small and dingy
[Thu Sep 7 20:52:34 2006] : (6) Lia: "I am not so much into sea, you see"
[Thu Sep 7 20:52:37 2006] : (6) Lia: "rather a ground person"
[Thu Sep 7 20:52:53 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Though the seas can be as wild as any forest."
[Thu Sep 7 20:52:59 2006] : (1) Jack: "As you wish."
[Thu Sep 7 20:53:20 2006] : (1) Jack: Jack seats himself down on the sand and waits.
[Thu Sep 7 20:53:33 2006] : (8) Adrin (enter): 20:53
[Thu Sep 7 20:53:38 2006] : (8) Adrin: ooc elo o/
[Thu Sep 7 20:53:38 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Do you care for a game, Mr. Honest Jack?"
[Thu Sep 7 20:53:43 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I'll go aboard now to recieve the cargo"
[Thu Sep 7 20:53:44 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc evenin'.
[Thu Sep 7 20:53:51 2006] : (1) Jack: ooc evening Bert.
[Thu Sep 7 20:53:58 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Hi, Bert :)
[Thu Sep 7 20:53:59 2006] : (3) Dan: "Joining me Ali?"
[Thu Sep 7 20:54:38 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Sure, Dan"
[Thu Sep 7 20:54:46 2006] : (1) Jack: "A game?"
[Thu Sep 7 20:55:10 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc we've been asked to accompany a ship that is runnning the blockade and will take us to the big city
[Thu Sep 7 20:55:21 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Of course. You choose a game, we wager 5 gold, then I choose a game so that I can win my money back. After all, your game will be as honest as you wish."
[Thu Sep 7 20:55:51 2006] : (8) Adrin: ooc cool. Cheers
[Thu Sep 7 20:56:45 2006] : (1) Jack: ooc I don't know any games.
[Thu Sep 7 20:57:03 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Suggest a card game
[Thu Sep 7 20:57:10 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc I'm sure Jack does :-P. Things like dice, craps, blackjack...
[Thu Sep 7 20:57:19 2006] : (8) Adrin: ooc how about go jonny go go go go
[Thu Sep 7 20:57:54 2006] : (8) Adrin: ooc hmm, just me then? :(
[Thu Sep 7 20:58:18 2006] : (8) Adrin: ooc how about snap?
[Thu Sep 7 20:58:35 2006] : (8) Adrin: ooc eye-spy?
[Thu Sep 7 20:58:41 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc anything, so long as Jack can make a crooked gamble :-P
[Thu Sep 7 20:58:57 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc LOL @ go johnny go go go go
[Thu Sep 7 20:59:03 2006] : (8) Adrin: ooc \o/
[Thu Sep 7 20:59:14 2006] : (1) Jack: Jack draws a pack of cards from a pocket and deals.
[Thu Sep 7 20:59:20 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc was distracted - saw them live
[Thu Sep 7 21:00:03 2006] : (8) Adrin: ooc ditto
[Thu Sep 7 21:00:05 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Caraegyn pays close attention to Jack's sleeves.
[Thu Sep 7 21:00:20 2006] : (1) Jack: ooc DM makes some secret rolls to see if Caraegyn is observant enough to notice any cheating.
[Thu Sep 7 21:00:52 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc :-P
[Thu Sep 7 21:01:26 2006] : (1) Jack: Jack makes modest wins but as far as Caraegyn can tell "Honest" Jack isn't cheating -- he's merely a good player.
[Thu Sep 7 21:01:47 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Very well, Mr. Jack; now you play my game?"
[Thu Sep 7 21:01:59 2006] : (1) Jack: "If you wish."
[Thu Sep 7 21:03:16 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Very well. We each take two spears; the first to stand them both between those two rocks - " he points to the side of the cliff, where two boulders lie about 3' apart "wins."
[Thu Sep 7 21:03:19 2006] : (1) Jack: (Meanwhile the sailors are busy stowing the cargo on board>)
[Thu Sep 7 21:03:47 2006] : (6) Lia: (Lia overlooks the stowing of the cargo and makes sure nothing is forgotten)
[Thu Sep 7 21:03:49 2006] : (6) Lia: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [5,5] = (10)
[Thu Sep 7 21:04:08 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra is supervising th stowing, or so she kids herself
[Thu Sep 7 21:04:18 2006] : (1) Jack: "I think I will decline your game. You may have your winnings back."
[Thu Sep 7 21:04:42 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Ah, but Mr. Jack, what is life without a little honest entertainment?"
[Thu Sep 7 21:04:43 2006] : (8) Adrin: Adrin looks puzzled
[Thu Sep 7 21:05:22 2006] : (1) Jack: ooc I could have described how the sailors are loading up the cargo in more detail for Aliatra's benefit but quite frankly that's dull.
[Thu Sep 7 21:05:40 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Yep, it is
[Thu Sep 7 21:06:04 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I'm aboard too, but not really bothered about stowage either
[Thu Sep 7 21:06:58 2006] : (1) Jack: "But I must see to the cargo and the ship as we're almost ready to sail."
[Thu Sep 7 21:07:23 2006] : (1) Jack: He stands up and brushes the sand off before getting a lift the next to the dingy makes.
[Thu Sep 7 21:07:37 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc chicken!
[Thu Sep 7 21:07:55 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc who reckons I won the game? :-P
[Thu Sep 7 21:08:19 2006] : (1) Jack: The cargo is finally stored as the first light of dawn brightens the eastern sky.
[Thu Sep 7 21:08:24 2006] : (8) Adrin: "So, exactly how can we help a ship break a blockade?"
[Thu Sep 7 21:08:37 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc OK, you won the second one which is why you got your money back
[Thu Sep 7 21:09:04 2006] : (1) Jack: ooc Jack won, clearly.
[Thu Sep 7 21:09:37 2006] : (3) Dan: "We can't, we're extra manpower in case anyone attacks"
[Thu Sep 7 21:09:42 2006] : (1) Jack: As the dawn brights a breeze springs up from off-shore and a light mist forms.
[Thu Sep 7 21:09:59 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "That should help"
[Thu Sep 7 21:10:18 2006] : (1) Jack: "Alright lads and lasses lets get her undersail!"
[Thu Sep 7 21:10:33 2006] : (8) Adrin: "Hmmm ok"
[Thu Sep 7 21:10:45 2006] : (1) Jack: The sailors busy about doing sailory things and the ship is soon underway, cutting smoothly through the gentle swell.
[Thu Sep 7 21:11:07 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan tries to get his sea legs
[Thu Sep 7 21:11:24 2006] : (1) DM: Con checks for everyone.
[Thu Sep 7 21:11:31 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Con check: [1d20+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
[Thu Sep 7 21:11:37 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc bloody 'ell
[Thu Sep 7 21:11:46 2006] : (3) Dan: Con check: [1d20+1] -> [8,1] = (9)
[Thu Sep 7 21:11:47 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Con check: [1d20+2] -> [8,2] = (10)
[Thu Sep 7 21:11:52 2006] : (8) Adrin: Con check: [1d20+3] -> [12,3] = (15)
[Thu Sep 7 21:12:45 2006] : (1) DM: The movement of the ship soon has Caraegyn leaning over the rail looking rather green.
[Thu Sep 7 21:13:39 2006] : (8) Adrin: Adrin keeps away from the smell
[Thu Sep 7 21:13:57 2006] : (1) DM: The ship sails swiftly southwards with the lookout calling out sighting of ships which causes Jack to adjust the course accordingly.
[Thu Sep 7 21:13:58 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc where's Lia?
[Thu Sep 7 21:14:19 2006] : (1) DM: ooc um. On the ship?
[Thu Sep 7 21:14:40 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc yeah, I meant vom wise, she never rolled
[Thu Sep 7 21:15:08 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc magic!
[Thu Sep 7 21:15:34 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc She took 10! ;-)
[Thu Sep 7 21:15:35 2006] : (6) Lia: Con check: [1d20+0] -> [5,0] = (5)
[Thu Sep 7 21:15:44 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia ooc I meissed the con check, sorry
[Thu Sep 7 21:15:56 2006] : (1) DM: Lia is also looking rather unwell.
[Thu Sep 7 21:16:06 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc damn, and I was going to say that I am a great sailor and love the sea...
[Thu Sep 7 21:16:46 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc It probably was something you ate
[Thu Sep 7 21:16:52 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you said earlier tha you weren't much into the sea "More of a ground person"
[Thu Sep 7 21:18:13 2006] : (1) DM: After 5 hours of sailing, Jack turns the ship westwards and approaches the port town of Nadel
[Thu Sep 7 21:18:28 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan wanders around the deck interestedly, trying not to get in the way
[Thu Sep 7 21:19:23 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc because I didn't much nknow the sea"
[Thu Sep 7 21:19:29 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc but I am a nature person
[Thu Sep 7 21:19:37 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Is that our destionation?"
[Thu Sep 7 21:19:43 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc so I was going to say that in the end, I didn't realize it was so great :)
[Thu Sep 7 21:20:00 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc but I guess not...
[Thu Sep 7 21:20:10 2006] : (8) Adrin: "Looks like it"
[Thu Sep 7 21:20:23 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan peers ahead
[Thu Sep 7 21:20:35 2006] : (1) DM: The ship approaches the docks. Thoses looking at the port see a group of soldiers in chainmail and carrying quarterstaff waiting at the only empty dock.
[Thu Sep 7 21:20:58 2006] : (8) Adrin: "I dont like the look of that"
[Thu Sep 7 21:21:06 2006] : (3) Dan: "Nor I"
[Thu Sep 7 21:21:09 2006] : (1) DM: The ship docks and the shorehands soon have the Waveskimmer tied up and a gangplank set.
[Thu Sep 7 21:21:31 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Let's wait and see, but be prepared for anything"
[Thu Sep 7 21:21:42 2006] : (1) DM: "The soliders approach and board while sailors look on with narrowed eyes and hands on weapons."
[Thu Sep 7 21:22:23 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra has her sword ready, but hasn't drawn it yet
[Thu Sep 7 21:22:32 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: Caraegyn gives an open and friendly wave, with no weapons in sight
[Thu Sep 7 21:22:53 2006] : (8) Adrin: Adrin adopts the same state as the crew
[Thu Sep 7 21:22:57 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan strokes his chin as he watches
[Thu Sep 7 21:23:06 2006] : (1) Sargeant: "Jack Tyron! What a surprise to see you here! Where have you come from today?"
[Thu Sep 7 21:23:29 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc in which language does Tyron mean Sparrow? :-P
[Thu Sep 7 21:24:01 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc LOL
[Thu Sep 7 21:24:13 2006] : (1) Jack: "Welcome aboard Sargeant. I've been running a chartered delivery from the south for these honest adventurers."
[Thu Sep 7 21:24:17 2006] : (8) Adrin: ooc must be an alias
[Thu Sep 7 21:24:18 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Huh???
[Thu Sep 7 21:24:27 2006] : (6) Lia: Lia smiles
[Thu Sep 7 21:24:36 2006] : (1) Jack: Jack gestures to you vaguely
[Thu Sep 7 21:24:54 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra smiles vaguely
[Thu Sep 7 21:25:18 2006] : (8) Adrin: ooc pirates of the caribbean
[Thu Sep 7 21:25:19 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc Pirates of the caribbean - jack Sparrow
[Thu Sep 7 21:25:29 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc ic
[Thu Sep 7 21:25:37 2006] : (1) Sargeant: "A likely story. (to the soldiers) Alright, search this ship from top to bottom. (to Jack) We'll catch you yet you pirate."
[Thu Sep 7 21:26:17 2006] : (1) Jack: "Pirate?! Oh you offend most deeply Sargeant. I'm an honest merchant." (Jack puts on a faux hurt expression).
[Thu Sep 7 21:26:31 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "There was no pirating while we were aboard, sargeant"
[Thu Sep 7 21:26:47 2006] : (1) Sargeant: (To you) "You lot you stay right here until we've searched the ship."
[Thu Sep 7 21:27:00 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Sergeant, what a confrontational attitude. Mr. Honest Jack is a scrupulous gentleman, though not so confident with athletics as with cards."
[Thu Sep 7 21:27:21 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc Dan waves hi hand... "You don't need to see our cargo"
[Thu Sep 7 21:27:47 2006] : (1) Sargeant: "Harumph. Scheming smuggler and pirate and general low-life in my book."
[Thu Sep 7 21:28:18 2006] : (1) Sargeant: You hear the bang of scraping of cargo being shifted about and the stop of heavy boots below deck.
[Thu Sep 7 21:28:19 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc mmm, smoked cheese and a nice wine
[Thu Sep 7 21:28:25 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Not as far as we know, and we are honest folks"
[Thu Sep 7 21:28:36 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Please. He does not have the intellectual capacity to scheme, and did not even manage to outwit me."
[Thu Sep 7 21:28:45 2006] : (1) Sargeant: One by one the soldiers returns shaking their heads. "Nothing illegal, sir."
[Thu Sep 7 21:28:51 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc comments about the size of text in such books...
[Thu Sep 7 21:29:35 2006] : (1) Sargeant: ooc or was that a carefully calculated reaction by Jack to give you that impression :P
[Thu Sep 7 21:30:00 2006] : (8) Adrin: ooc plans within plans...
[Thu Sep 7 21:30:02 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Can we leave ship now?"
[Thu Sep 7 21:30:04 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc ah, but it still cost him his winnings...
[Thu Sep 7 21:30:07 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc Dune?
[Thu Sep 7 21:30:13 2006] : (1) Sargeant: "Damn you Jack. We'll catch you yet. You'll make a mistake one day." The sargeant stops off the ship angrily.
[Thu Sep 7 21:30:23 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "He seems a very angry man."
[Thu Sep 7 21:30:49 2006] : (3) Dan: "Well, you got us here Jack, and I for one thank you"
[Thu Sep 7 21:30:53 2006] : (8) Adrin: ooc yeah
[Thu Sep 7 21:31:14 2006] : (8) Adrin: "A pleasant journey. Thank you"
[Thu Sep 7 21:31:15 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan puts his hand to his breast and bows
[Thu Sep 7 21:31:21 2006] : (1) Jack: Jack shrugs. "He seems to have the impression that I might be smuggling or pirating or engages in the nefarious deed of blockade running." Jack chuckles.
[Thu Sep 7 21:31:39 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I wonder why"
[Thu Sep 7 21:31:50 2006] : (3) Dan: "Now I guess we need to arrange a point of sale for our goods, then arrange for pickup"
[Thu Sep 7 21:31:57 2006] : (8) Adrin: Adrin chuckles as he walks away
[Thu Sep 7 21:31:58 2006] : (6) Lia: "Indeed"
[Thu Sep 7 21:32:05 2006] : (1) Jack: "My sailors will unload the cargo onto the dock side."
[Thu Sep 7 21:32:07 2006] : (6) Lia: "I would rather not have to carry these around too long"
[Thu Sep 7 21:32:20 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "The fact that I came from a little south of here before ending up in Northwatch simply makes me a concerned citizen returning to the homeland. A concerned honest citizen, of course!"
[Thu Sep 7 21:32:23 2006] : (3) Dan: "Do you know of anywhere that would be wanting to buy metals?"
[Thu Sep 7 21:33:09 2006] : (1) Jack: "Not something I normally trade. Ask around the local merchants."
[Thu Sep 7 21:33:15 2006] : (3) Dan: "And I came from the mountains south of that, and hold no allegiance other than the relief of suffering where I can help"
[Thu Sep 7 21:33:22 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Well, honest Jack, thank you for having us along"
[Thu Sep 7 21:33:53 2006] : (1) Jack: "Maybe we can sail again."
[Thu Sep 7 21:34:04 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "How long will you be in port? I may take you up on that offer."
[Thu Sep 7 21:34:43 2006] : (1) Jack: "We'll be in port for a few days depending on how long it takes to find another honest cargo."
[Thu Sep 7 21:35:12 2006] : (6) Lia: "That was an interesting trip"
[Thu Sep 7 21:35:22 2006] : (6) Lia: "I hope next time I'll be feeling better"
[Thu Sep 7 21:35:34 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "That shouldn't be too difficult as long as there's a blockade."
[Thu Sep 7 21:35:40 2006] : (1) Jack: Jack turns to supervise the unloading of the cargo
[Thu Sep 7 21:35:46 2006] : (1) Jack: ooc brb
[Thu Sep 7 21:36:13 2006] : (8) Adrin: Adrin is sitting on one the unloaded crates, waiting
[Thu Sep 7 21:36:23 2006] : (8) Adrin: "So what are we doing with this lot?"
[Thu Sep 7 21:36:51 2006] : (6) Lia: "We said sell it, right?"
[Thu Sep 7 21:36:52 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Get a cart and yty yo sell it"
[Thu Sep 7 21:36:59 2006] : (6) Lia: "In any case, we can't really carry it around"
[Thu Sep 7 21:37:25 2006] : (3) Dan: "Are we keeping some of the steelbronze?"
[Thu Sep 7 21:37:26 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "A cart first, then the sale, then... the world?"
[Thu Sep 7 21:37:44 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "The world and beyond!"
[Thu Sep 7 21:37:47 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "The steelbronze is fine stuff, but can we make any use of it?"
[Thu Sep 7 21:38:08 2006] : (8) Adrin: "I think so Dan. Surely we can find someone who can work with it here"
[Thu Sep 7 21:38:09 2006] : (3) Dan: "I don't know. I can't work the stuff"
[Thu Sep 7 21:38:20 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I couldn't do anything with it, except throw it"
[Thu Sep 7 21:39:05 2006] : (1) DM: The dockside is a busyplace we several ships of various sizes tied up and being unloaded or loaded.
[Thu Sep 7 21:39:34 2006] : (6) Lia: "I definitely can't do anything with that steel bronze, but maybe weapons for you guys?"
[Thu Sep 7 21:39:42 2006] : (6) Lia: "if anyone can work it of course"
[Thu Sep 7 21:39:59 2006] : (8) Adrin: "They are bound to have carts around here we can use"
[Thu Sep 7 21:40:06 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "First we have to fins duch a person"
[Thu Sep 7 21:40:12 2006] : (8) Adrin: Adrin goes off to look for one
[Thu Sep 7 21:40:16 2006] : (4) Aliatra: find such
[Thu Sep 7 21:40:26 2006] : (1) DM: Carts move goods to and fro and the air is filled with shouts and curses and snatches of sailor's songs as they work.
[Thu Sep 7 21:40:44 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan stays with the metals
[Thu Sep 7 21:41:08 2006] : (1) DM: A horse and cart is easily hired.
[Thu Sep 7 21:41:16 2006] : (8) Adrin: Adrin returns with said cart
[Thu Sep 7 21:42:22 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc someone keeping track of the money?
[Thu Sep 7 21:42:28 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc yes
[Thu Sep 7 21:42:34 2006] : (1) DM: The dockside is surrounded by shipping companies and wholesale merchants. Several with clear signs outside indicating the goods they deal in.
[Thu Sep 7 21:43:32 2006] : (1) DM: One advertises itself as the Northern Metal Emporium.
[Thu Sep 7 21:43:39 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "So where to find out who could work it and/or want to buy it"
[Thu Sep 7 21:44:05 2006] : (8) Adrin: "That looks like a good place to sell"
[Thu Sep 7 21:45:05 2006] : (6) Lia: "I suppose different people will be interested in different parts"
[Thu Sep 7 21:45:26 2006] : (6) Lia: "and which parts interest you for possible weapons or things?"
[Thu Sep 7 21:45:48 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "That seems likely"
[Thu Sep 7 21:45:49 2006] : (3) Dan: "I guess so. But maybe there's a merchant who deals in the raw metals?"
[Thu Sep 7 21:46:37 2006] : (8) Adrin: "Keep the good stuff, sell the rest. I'm getting sick of carting it around"
[Thu Sep 7 21:46:55 2006] : (3) Dan: "I think that the good stuff is worth the most"
[Thu Sep 7 21:46:56 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "The steelbronze is far more valuable than any other, but also by far the best for weaponry."
[Thu Sep 7 21:48:28 2006] : (3) Dan: "The steel-bronze is not much use to me. I need mithral"
[Thu Sep 7 21:48:44 2006] : (8) Adrin: "Well, la-de-da"
[Thu Sep 7 21:48:47 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Let's just see we sell it"
[Thu Sep 7 21:48:53 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc I can use metal? just not metal armour, right?
[Thu Sep 7 21:49:00 2006] : (3) Dan: "That way I can have a buckler fashioned that will no interfere with my spellcasting"
[Thu Sep 7 21:49:09 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I forget. Check the PHB.
[Thu Sep 7 21:49:44 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc no, your weapons are restricted too - I think sickles, and scimitars are the only bladed weapons
[Thu Sep 7 21:50:25 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc oh, and dagger
[Thu Sep 7 21:50:33 2006] : (8) Adrin: ooc slightly daft rules really
[Thu Sep 7 21:51:22 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc actually, you're not prohibited from metal weapons, as you say, those are just the ones in which you are proficient
[Thu Sep 7 21:51:25 2006] : (1) DM: ooc steel-bronze probably should really have a reduced armour check penalty and reduce arcane spell failure. I might change the rules for it.
[Thu Sep 7 21:51:25 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc A dagger is more of a tool than a weapon and scimitars and sickles just look sooooooooooooo cool
[Thu Sep 7 21:51:52 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc that's why I have a sickle
[Thu Sep 7 21:51:58 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc for the coolness
[Thu Sep 7 21:52:10 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I always though druids with scimitars looked stupid in BG/BG2.
[Thu Sep 7 21:52:12 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc KMAO
[Thu Sep 7 21:52:46 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc yeah, scimitar is too exotic
[Thu Sep 7 21:53:08 2006] : (1) DM: Are you hauling the metal to this merchant then?
[Thu Sep 7 21:53:26 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Yep
[Thu Sep 7 21:53:36 2006] : (6) Lia: yes
[Thu Sep 7 21:54:00 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: yepyep. You give us a hint like that, we'll take it, just slowly :-P
[Thu Sep 7 21:54:42 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Sep 7 21:55:25 2006] : (1) DM: Your laded cart of metal parked outside the Metal Emporium attracts the attentions of a crowd of Goths.
[Thu Sep 7 21:55:36 2006] : (8) Adrin: ooc there are still 2 unknown metals on the list
[Thu Sep 7 21:55:40 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc LOL
[Thu Sep 7 21:56:02 2006] : (1) DM: A merchant from the Emporium sees your cart and steps out to inspect the goods.
[Thu Sep 7 21:56:03 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc yeah, but each comes with a value stamped on it ;)
[Thu Sep 7 21:56:12 2006] : (8) Adrin: ooc handy that
[Thu Sep 7 21:56:30 2006] : (3) Dan: "So shall we keep half of the steelbronze?"
[Thu Sep 7 21:56:31 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Sep 7 21:56:56 2006] : (8) Adrin: "Why only half?"
[Thu Sep 7 21:56:57 2006] : (6) Lia: "As you wish"
[Thu Sep 7 21:57:04 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "To do what with? We can't work it"
[Thu Sep 7 21:57:09 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc unless you make steel bronze sickle, I'm not interested :D
[Thu Sep 7 21:57:18 2006] : (1) Merchant: "Quite a collection of metals you have here. Some of which I've only seen a handful of times before. Where did you find such a haul."
[Thu Sep 7 21:57:34 2006] : (3) Dan: "Because we don't need it all, but we can probably find someone to work it here in town"
[Thu Sep 7 21:57:39 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "We have our sources, and our interests in keeping a stable relationship with those sources."
[Thu Sep 7 21:58:14 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc it can be made into a sickle, and armour, and maybe a buckler :D
[Thu Sep 7 21:58:16 2006] : (1) Merchant: "Naturally, I wouldn't have expected anything else."
[Thu Sep 7 21:58:51 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Would you be interested in part of this?"
[Thu Sep 7 21:58:58 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "It was not close to here; I think that is a good answer. I take it you would be interested in any further discoveries?"
[Thu Sep 7 21:59:19 2006] : (1) Merchant: "This for example I've only seen twice in my life (he taps the unknown gray, light metal) The sages says ancient texts refer to it as Aluminium."
[Thu Sep 7 22:00:04 2006] : (1) Merchant: "We here that the Northern Metal Emporium are always interested in unusual metals."
[Thu Sep 7 22:00:07 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Really? That's an unusual name"
[Thu Sep 7 22:00:12 2006] : (3) Dan: "And here we have such a bounty"
[Thu Sep 7 22:00:19 2006] : (1) Merchant: "Some are highly prized by weapon and armour smiths"
[Thu Sep 7 22:00:54 2006] : (3) Dan: Dan taps a steel-bronze
[Thu Sep 7 22:00:57 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Pointing at the steel bonze: "Would you know of anyone capable of working this?"
[Thu Sep 7 22:00:59 2006] : (3) Dan: "Such as this?"
[Thu Sep 7 22:01:25 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc Ali is wearing a steel-bronze breastplate
[Thu Sep 7 22:01:49 2006] : (1) Merchant: "Ah." (The merchant looks closely) "Now that is a most interesting material, as is the armour yonder woman wears."
[Thu Sep 7 22:02:12 2006] : (8) Adrin: ooc I read that as Wonder Woman
[Thu Sep 7 22:02:18 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Sep 7 22:02:20 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc ROFL
[Thu Sep 7 22:02:29 2006] : (1) Merchant: "I've only seen this alloy in a few rare worked pieces and never in ingot form. And certainly not a dozen ingots!"
[Thu Sep 7 22:02:31 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Have you ever seen this before?"
[Thu Sep 7 22:02:49 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Scrap that question
[Thu Sep 7 22:03:09 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "So you don't know of anyone wiorking it then?"
[Thu Sep 7 22:04:21 2006] : (1) Merchant: "No, but the material would interest numerous smiths in the capital they'd be ever so keen to get their hands on some ingots like this."
[Thu Sep 7 22:04:26 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Then do you know of someone who would be willing to try their hand at working it; to build a reputation as the smith who worked steelbronze; to be the envy of kings?"
[Thu Sep 7 22:04:46 2006] : (1) Merchant: ooc my merchant is psychic \o/
[Thu Sep 7 22:05:05 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "And earn some moeny as well"
[Thu Sep 7 22:05:47 2006] : (1) Merchant: "Weapons and armour fasioned from alloys such as these would be fit for king certainly."
[Thu Sep 7 22:06:03 2006] : (6) Lia: "Indeed"
[Thu Sep 7 22:06:04 2006] : (1) Merchant: "Shall we get down to business?"
[Thu Sep 7 22:06:16 2006] : (3) Dan: "Indeed"
[Thu Sep 7 22:06:30 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "By all means"
[Thu Sep 7 22:07:16 2006] : (1) Merchant: ooc Selling it all except for 6 of the steel-bronze?
[Thu Sep 7 22:07:32 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc yes, I think so.
[Thu Sep 7 22:07:39 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Yep, I think so
[Thu Sep 7 22:08:05 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc yes, I think so
[Thu Sep 7 22:08:09 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc echoooooooo
[Thu Sep 7 22:08:12 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc yep
[Thu Sep 7 22:08:30 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Wshere? Where? Where? Ere? Ere?
[Thu Sep 7 22:10:20 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra waits for the merchants offer
[Thu Sep 7 22:11:50 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc Where is everybody?
[Thu Sep 7 22:12:05 2006] : (1) Merchant: The merchant some some calculatation on a wax tablet.
[Thu Sep 7 22:12:15 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc stuck in the DMs time stop spell
[Thu Sep 7 22:12:35 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc LOL
[Thu Sep 7 22:13:12 2006] : (1) Merchant: "As much as it pains me to turn down such an exceptional collection of metals, I'm afraid we are unable to purchase your entire stock at this time."
[Thu Sep 7 22:13:26 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc woo-hoo
[Thu Sep 7 22:13:28 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "How much can you buy?"
[Thu Sep 7 22:13:44 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "What would you especially be interested in?"
[Thu Sep 7 22:14:02 2006] : (1) Merchant: "For the ordinary mundane metals (the tin bronze and the like) we can offer 1250 gold pieces."
[Thu Sep 7 22:15:01 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Aliatra looks at the others and raises her eyebrows
[Thu Sep 7 22:15:10 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Will that be acceptable?"
[Thu Sep 7 22:15:11 2006] : (1) Merchant: "We'd be interested in purchasing 3 of the steel-bronze for 8400 gold"
[Thu Sep 7 22:16:00 2006] : (3) Dan: "That sounds acceptable to me"
[Thu Sep 7 22:16:01 2006] : (1) Merchant: "And five of the non-rusting steel for 1250 gold. It's always prized by smiths for fine kitchenwear."
[Thu Sep 7 22:16:20 2006] : (6) Lia: "Don't ask me"
[Thu Sep 7 22:16:23 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I can imagine that"
[Thu Sep 7 22:17:03 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc I guess we have to bear in mind that we have no idea of the value of metal ingots
[Thu Sep 7 22:17:12 2006] : (1) Merchant: "And I'm afraid we don't have a market for the two more unusual metals. We've yet to find a smith that can work with either of them."
[Thu Sep 7 22:17:24 2006] : (8) Adrin: Adrin shrugs. "Sounds ok"
[Thu Sep 7 22:17:57 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "It's over 2,000 gp each"
[Thu Sep 7 22:18:01 2006] : (6) Lia: "I'll go with you friends, I couldn't price those for the life of me"
[Thu Sep 7 22:18:10 2006] : (1) Merchant: "I assume you wish the money deposited directly in the bank?"
[Thu Sep 7 22:18:18 2006] : (8) Adrin: "Looks like you've got a deal"
[Thu Sep 7 22:18:33 2006] : (3) Dan: "We're used to taking it in cash"
[Thu Sep 7 22:18:43 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Ia the bank? What do you mean?"
[Thu Sep 7 22:18:55 2006] : (3) Dan: "Or the more portable version, i.e. gems"
[Thu Sep 7 22:19:12 2006] : (1) Merchant: "Gems can be arranged as you prefer."
[Thu Sep 7 22:20:06 2006] : (6) Lia: "Yes, easier to carry"
[Thu Sep 7 22:20:08 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "So what do you suggest we do with the other ingots?"
[Thu Sep 7 22:21:08 2006] : (1) Merchant: The merchants assistant set to unloading the merchandize will the merchant arranges a suitable number of gems to be obtained from the local gem dealer.
[Thu Sep 7 22:21:40 2006] : (1) Merchant: "I shall make enquires."
[Thu Sep 7 22:21:52 2006] : (6) Lia: "Thank you"
[Thu Sep 7 22:22:09 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Tghank you, that would be useful"
[Thu Sep 7 22:22:28 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Might we engage your services to store the remaining ingots? You would, of course, be given first option to buy them at any future date."
[Thu Sep 7 22:22:32 2006] : (1) Merchant: "If you wish you may store the ingots in our warehouse."
[Thu Sep 7 22:22:39 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: ooc Michelle's home from work. Woo!
[Thu Sep 7 22:23:45 2006] : (1) Merchant: The cart is emptied and returned to the lender.
[Thu Sep 7 22:23:48 2006] : (6) Lia: "Great. How far to the capital?"
[Thu Sep 7 22:23:48 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "That would be acceptable"
[Thu Sep 7 22:24:19 2006] : (1) Merchant: "The capital? It's some 70-80 miles."
[Thu Sep 7 22:24:44 2006] : (6) Lia: "What the safest, shortest way to get there?"
[Thu Sep 7 22:24:56 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ""
[Thu Sep 7 22:25:06 2006] : (1) DM: "The great road south or by ship."
[Thu Sep 7 22:25:10 2006] : (4) Aliatra: Why would you want to go to an even bigger town, Lia?
[Thu Sep 7 22:25:12 2006] : (3) Dan: "Why do you want to go there Lia? We only just got here"
[Thu Sep 7 22:25:48 2006] : (6) Lia: "Get rid of the metal, get our metal worked on?"
[Thu Sep 7 22:26:20 2006] : (6) Lia: "It is bound to take aquite a bit fo time to get those weapons crafted"
[Thu Sep 7 22:26:25 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Let's first wait if this gentleman here can help us"
[Thu Sep 7 22:26:35 2006] : (8) Adrin: "Lets see what we can find around here first. There's no rush"
[Thu Sep 7 22:26:37 2006] : (6) Lia: "We might as well do the trip now and then go adventuring"
[Thu Sep 7 22:26:55 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc 2225 gp each in gems?
[Thu Sep 7 22:26:59 2006] : (6) Lia: "Whatever you say"
[Thu Sep 7 22:28:39 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I promise we won't stop here any longer than a few days"
[Thu Sep 7 22:29:06 2006] : (3) Dan: To the merchant "Do you know anyone who would be able to fashion the steel-bronze?"
[Thu Sep 7 22:29:58 2006] : (1) DM: "The court-smith would be your best choice I suspect. Naturally his services don't come cheap."
[Thu Sep 7 22:30:14 2006] : (6) Lia: "Oh, I ma fine with staying here, I just meant to get those done as soon as possible"
[Thu Sep 7 22:30:24 2006] : (3) Dan: "Well, we have a bargaining chip, or ingot, or two"
[Thu Sep 7 22:30:56 2006] : (3) Dan: "And as you said, any smith would be honoured to craft it"
[Thu Sep 7 22:31:07 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Shall we bring one of them to show him what we have?"
[Thu Sep 7 22:31:35 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "That would seem sensible; he is likely to scoff otherwise."
[Thu Sep 7 22:31:47 2006] : (8) Adrin: "How about one of each of the strange metals in case he can do something with those too"
[Thu Sep 7 22:31:50 2006] : (3) Dan: "I'd say take a couple, then we can see if he can do anything for us now. Like a buckler, and maybe a weapon"
[Thu Sep 7 22:31:59 2006] : (3) Dan: "Good idea Adrin"
[Thu Sep 7 22:32:32 2006] : (3) Dan: "actually, one should more than suffice for a buckler and a medium sized weapon"
[Thu Sep 7 22:32:33 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "But certainly not any more than we have to, those ingots are heavy"
[Thu Sep 7 22:33:00 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "This is why, my friends, you should all use spears like mine!"
[Thu Sep 7 22:33:24 2006] : (8) Adrin: "I dont like to throw away my weapons"
[Thu Sep 7 22:33:31 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc a normal longsword is only 2kg and our ingots are 8 kg
[Thu Sep 7 22:33:35 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "I always keep one."
[Thu Sep 7 22:34:02 2006] : (6) Lia: "A sickle surely would be good?"
[Thu Sep 7 22:34:02 2006] : (2) Caraegyn: "Surely, it is better to damage your opponent as much as possible as soon as possible?"
[Thu Sep 7 22:34:05 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc ans stee-bronze is lighter
[Thu Sep 7 22:34:12 2006] : (6) Lia: "I wonder if that alloy is good for plant cutting as well"
[Thu Sep 7 22:34:42 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "I bet it can just about cut anything"
[Thu Sep 7 22:34:44 2006] : (8) Adrin: "Not if means you lose your way of hurting him"
[Thu Sep 7 22:34:44 2006] : (3) Dan: "I should imagine that from one steelbronze we can get me a buckler, you a sickle and the others whatever they want too"
[Thu Sep 7 22:35:32 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc /me thinks golden sickle for Asterix ;)
[Thu Sep 7 22:35:59 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc LOL Don't you mean Panoramix?
[Thu Sep 7 22:36:05 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Getafix!
[Thu Sep 7 22:36:47 2006] : (1) DM: With the deal concluded by later afternoon where are you going next?
[Thu Sep 7 22:37:07 2006] : (3) Dan: "So, greatswords for our two front line fighters, and maybe a couple of extra spearheads for Car?"
[Thu Sep 7 22:37:10 2006] : (4) Aliatra: To the court
[Thu Sep 7 22:37:32 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "And a sickle for our druid"
[Thu Sep 7 22:38:12 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc it's not so great for weapons actually, better for armour
[Thu Sep 7 22:38:13 2006] : (1) DM: I don't think you'll make it to the capital before nightfall.
[Thu Sep 7 22:38:22 2006] : (6) Lia: "Sounds good'"
[Thu Sep 7 22:38:29 2006] : (6) Lia: ooc nope
[Thu Sep 7 22:38:37 2006] : (3) Dan: ooc we thought the court guy was here
[Thu Sep 7 22:38:50 2006] : (1) DM: ooc there might be as-yet undiscovered properties of steel-bronze that make it useful for weapons.
[Thu Sep 7 22:38:52 2006] : (4) Aliatra: ooc My mistake, I thought the merchant wes referring to someone in this town
[Thu Sep 7 22:39:32 2006] : (3) Dan: "So I guess that we need to find an inn and rest for the night?"
[Thu Sep 7 22:39:33 2006] : (6) Lia: "Well in case we don't find anyone to craft the metal, we might find someone who can study it and help us determine its exact properties?"
[Thu Sep 7 22:39:41 2006] : (6) Lia: "And that too"
[Thu Sep 7 22:39:51 2006] : (6) Lia: "That sea trip got to my stomach"
[Thu Sep 7 22:39:57 2006] : (3) Dan: "Yes, especially the two unknown metals"
[Thu Sep 7 22:40:05 2006] : (4) Aliatra: "Get some rest and buy some horses"
[Thu Sep 7 22:41:06 2006] : (8) Adrin: "Agreed"
[Thu Sep 7 22:41:09 2006] : (1) DM: ooc more shopping? Gah.
[Thu Sep 7 22:41:15 2006] : (1) DM: GAME END