Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / On the Great River II - 06 January 2010

[Wed Jan 6 19:52:48 2010] : (18) DM: GAME START
[Wed Jan 6 19:53:46 2010] : (18) DM: Barnabas has just kicked in the door to the guest house which you suspect is the assassin or smuggler safe house.
[Wed Jan 6 19:54:55 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas follows his door kick with a leap to sit on top of the fallen woman, sword at her throat
[Wed Jan 6 19:55:04 2010] : (18) DM: The door opens out onto a square reception room with a stairway leading up to a wooden balcony or small mezzanine floor. Further doors lead off this room to the two floors to the rear.
[Wed Jan 6 19:55:17 2010] : (18) DM: ooc you'll have to wait your turn
[Wed Jan 6 19:55:42 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc wow, I'm already lost.
[Wed Jan 6 19:55:42 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc LOL
[Wed Jan 6 19:55:49 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc /me has a swiss cheese memory
[Wed Jan 6 19:56:19 2010] : (18) DM: Blocking the stairs are two dwarves in heavy armour and carrying large shields and warhammers.
[Wed Jan 6 19:56:29 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc ah no, I don't, I wasn't here :)
[Wed Jan 6 19:57:03 2010] : (18) DM: Standing on the balcony, leaning on a staff is an old woman in a black cloak with deep hood concealing her features.
[Wed Jan 6 19:58:07 2010] : (18) DM: The woman knocked to the floor is groping for the great axe she dropped and she's wear leather armour dyed black.
[Wed Jan 6 19:58:15 2010] : (18) DM: Roll initiative.
[Wed Jan 6 19:58:24 2010] : (18) DM: Initiative: [1d20 + 5/2 + 4] => [7,2,4] = (13)
[Wed Jan 6 19:58:25 2010] : (19) Helena: Initiative: [1d20+2+5+2+4] => [15,2,5,2,4] = (28) - Includes +2 for Combat Leader, +4 for Improved Initiative
[Wed Jan 6 19:58:28 2010] : (18) DM: Initiative: [1d20 + 5/2 + 3] => [3,2,3] = (8)
[Wed Jan 6 19:58:30 2010] : (17) Zotin: Initiative
[Wed Jan 6 19:58:31 2010] : (17) Zotin: Initiative: [1d20 + 2/2 + (16/2-5) + 4 + 2] => [15,1,3,4,2] = (25)
[Wed Jan 6 19:58:38 2010] : (18) DM: Initiative: [1d20 + 5/2 + 4] => [18,2,4] = (24)
[Wed Jan 6 19:58:41 2010] : (15) Elora: Initiative: [1d20 + 2 +2] => [14,2,2] = (18) (includes +2 combat leader)
[Wed Jan 6 19:58:50 2010] : (18) DM: Initiative: [1d20 + 5/2 + 0] => [19,2,0] = (21)
[Wed Jan 6 19:58:50 2010] : (18) DM: Initiative: [1d20 + 5/2 + 0] => [2,2,0] = (4)
[Wed Jan 6 19:58:59 2010] : (18) DM: Initiative: [1d20 + 5/2 + 1] => [18,2,1] = (21)
[Wed Jan 6 19:59:00 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Some high rolls there
[Wed Jan 6 19:59:56 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Initiative: [1d20+2+1+2] => [7,2,1,2] = (12) - Includes +2 for Combat Leader
[Wed Jan 6 20:02:38 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc hello
[Wed Jan 6 20:02:59 2010] : (18) DM: Helena, your turn
[Wed Jan 6 20:03:28 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena springs forward and attacks the woman, trying to get her out of the doorway
[Wed Jan 6 20:03:31 2010] : (19) Helena: Positioning Strike Shortsword: (AWP) Dexterity vs. Will [1d20+5+2+3] => [15,5,2,3] = (25) - Hit: [1d6+5] => [2,5] = (7) damage - [2d8] => [2,2] = (4) Sneak attack damage
Effect: Slide the target a number of squares equal to Charisma modifier [5] => 5.

[Wed Jan 6 20:03:34 2010] : (19) Helena: First Strike: (EP) Effect: At encounter start, I get combat advantage against foes that haven't acted yet.
[Wed Jan 6 20:04:23 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc If I hit, she stumbles back 5 squares
[Wed Jan 6 20:04:27 2010] : (18) DM: Helena darts forwords, a strikes with precision. The woman scrambles frantically back.
[Wed Jan 6 20:04:42 2010] : (18) DM: Ending up with her back to the counter.
[Wed Jan 6 20:04:47 2010] : (19) Helena: Done
[Wed Jan 6 20:05:00 2010] : (18) DM: Zotin, your turn
[Wed Jan 6 20:05:38 2010] : (17) Zotin: Zotin presses the attack on the woman
[Wed Jan 6 20:05:42 2010] : (17) Zotin: Magic Missile: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [2,4,2] = (8) - Hit: [2d4+(19/2-5)] => [4,2,4] = (10) force damage.
[Wed Jan 6 20:05:55 2010] : (17) Zotin: Done
[Wed Jan 6 20:06:32 2010] : (18) DM: Miss
[Wed Jan 6 20:06:51 2010] : (18) DM: Another creature leaps up from behind the counter!
[Wed Jan 6 20:07:02 2010] : (18) DM: It pounces on Helena
[Wed Jan 6 20:07:36 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc helena, can you move your mini?
[Wed Jan 6 20:07:51 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc or have you already?
[Wed Jan 6 20:07:59 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Where to?
[Wed Jan 6 20:08:25 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc she already moved into the room
[Wed Jan 6 20:08:30 2010] : (18) Fey Panther (P): Charging Pounce: [1d20 + 9] => [15,9] = (24) vs AC ===> [1d6 + 4 + 1d6] => [3,4,2] = (9) knocked prone; panther shifts one square
[Wed Jan 6 20:08:52 2010] : (18) Fey Panther (P): The panter bites and then dodges away
[Wed Jan 6 20:09:03 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc I'm glad that P stands for Panther!
[Wed Jan 6 20:09:09 2010] : (18) Fey Panther (P): Helena, it's knocked you to the ground.
[Wed Jan 6 20:09:43 2010] : (18) Dwarf (D): One of the dwarfs steps forward and readies his hammer
[Wed Jan 6 20:09:44 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena looks up and curses
[Wed Jan 6 20:10:09 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc A mistake in my Positioning strike: she only moved 3 squares
[Wed Jan 6 20:10:15 2010] : (18) Berserker (B): The woman gets to her feet and hurries to her discarded axe which she picks up.
[Wed Jan 6 20:10:22 2010] : (18) DM: Elora, your turn.
[Wed Jan 6 20:11:04 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc what's B?
[Wed Jan 6 20:11:15 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc oh, the woman
[Wed Jan 6 20:11:31 2010] : (15) Elora: Elora comes though the door and attacks the woman
[Wed Jan 6 20:11:32 2010] : (18) DM: ooc yes, in leather armor with a great axe.
[Wed Jan 6 20:12:01 2010] : (15) Elora: Reaping Strike: (AWP) - Greataxe +2: [1d20+7+1+2] => [6,7,1,2] = (16) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6+2] => [3,6,2] = (11) - Miss: Half Strength modifier damage. If you're wielding a two-handed weapon, you deal damage equal to your Strength modifier [4] => 4 (foe is marked)
[Wed Jan 6 20:12:11 2010] : (15) Elora: done.
[Wed Jan 6 20:12:40 2010] : (18) DM: You hit, drawing blood from a gash across her shoulder and arm.
[Wed Jan 6 20:14:28 2010] : (18) Howling Hag (H): The old woman, with surprising speed and agility, dashes down the stairs towards you.
[Wed Jan 6 20:14:44 2010] : (18) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Jan 6 20:15:43 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas steps between Elora and Helena to shield Helena
[Wed Jan 6 20:16:06 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Wolf Pack Tactics: (AWP) Initial: 1 ally adjacent to me or the target can shift one square as a free action.
To-hit vs. AC [1d20+3+2+3] => [15,3,2,3] = (23) - Hit: [1d8 + 3] => [8,3] = (11) damage

[Wed Jan 6 20:16:29 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc Helena, care to shift a square?
[Wed Jan 6 20:16:30 2010] : (18) DM: You slash the panther, wounding it.
[Wed Jan 6 20:16:45 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Sure, if I can while prone
[Wed Jan 6 20:17:14 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Divine Challenge: (EP; minor) - Effect: Barnabas marks one creature within 5 squares. It remains marked until he fails to attack or be adjacent to it. A marked creature is magically compelled to attack Barnabas. It takes a -2 penalty to attacks not vs. Barnabas. On the first attack where it fails to do so it takes 3 + his Cha mod [3+ 2] => 5 Radiant damage
[Wed Jan 6 20:17:34 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas marks the panther
[Wed Jan 6 20:17:35 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Done
[Wed Jan 6 20:18:09 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Umm, I think I shifted to the other side, actually
[Wed Jan 6 20:18:12 2010] : (18) DM: Another small creature drops out of its hiding place over the door and attempts to sting Elora with its tail.
[Wed Jan 6 20:18:22 2010] : (18) Imp (I): Tail Sting: [1d20 + 8] => [17,8] = (25) vs AC ===> [1d8+3] => [2,3] = (5) and secondary attack [1d20+5] => [5,5] = (10) vs Fort. ===> 5 ongoing damage and -2 to Will defense
[Wed Jan 6 20:18:33 2010] : (18) Imp (I): Take 5 damage only.
[Wed Jan 6 20:18:59 2010] : (18) Dwarf (E): The second dwarf steps forwards and readies his axe
[Wed Jan 6 20:19:07 2010] : (18) DM: Helena?
[Wed Jan 6 20:19:30 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena gets up, ready to attack the lady with the axe again
[Wed Jan 6 20:20:00 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc did we get to rest and heal after the night?
[Wed Jan 6 20:20:03 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc what skill to know what the imp is DM?
[Wed Jan 6 20:20:04 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Did another mini just appear? I'll attack that creature first then
[Wed Jan 6 20:20:06 2010] : (18) DM: ooc yes
[Wed Jan 6 20:20:18 2010] : (19) Helena: Piercing Strike Shortsword: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+5+2+3] => [2,5,2,3] = (12) - Hit: [1d6+5] => [2,5] = (7) damage - [2d8] => [6,2] = (8) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A needle-sharp point slips past armour and into tender flesh.

[Wed Jan 6 20:20:31 2010] : (18) DM: Miss
[Wed Jan 6 20:20:40 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Yeah, that will hit it
[Wed Jan 6 20:21:06 2010] : (19) Helena: Done
[Wed Jan 6 20:21:10 2010] : (18) DM: Zotin?
[Wed Jan 6 20:21:26 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc is the door fully open?
[Wed Jan 6 20:21:31 2010] : (18) DM: ooc yes
[Wed Jan 6 20:21:53 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc as in if I was to step up behind Helena could I see the three ranged targets?
[Wed Jan 6 20:22:00 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc /me wants a game_wide setting that says "no mini labels at all"
[Wed Jan 6 20:22:19 2010] : (18) DM: ooc yes
[Wed Jan 6 20:22:48 2010] : (17) Zotin: Zotin steps up Helena and attacks the Dwarfs/Dwarves
[Wed Jan 6 20:22:51 2010] : (18) DM: ooc you did turn the option on, right click on map?
[Wed Jan 6 20:23:03 2010] : (17) Zotin: Force Orb: (EP) Ranged 20:
Primary Attack: To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [15,4,2] = (21) - Hit: [2d8+(19/2-5)] => [8,5,4] = (17) Force damage.

Secondary Attack (Each enemy adjacent to Primary): To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [20,4,2] = (26) - Hit: [1d10+(19/2-5)] => [2,4] = (6) Force damage.

[Wed Jan 6 20:23:30 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc auto label, uncheck? Doh, I had forgotten about this
[Wed Jan 6 20:23:35 2010] : (17) Zotin: Zotin expends an action point
[Wed Jan 6 20:23:35 2010] : (18) DM: You hit both dwards
[Wed Jan 6 20:23:46 2010] : (17) Zotin: Flaming Sphere: (DP) Ranged 10 - To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [16,4,2] = (22) - Hit: [2d6+(19/2-5)] => [2,3,4] = (9) fire damage.
[Wed Jan 6 20:23:56 2010] : (17) Zotin: Placed in front of E
[Wed Jan 6 20:23:58 2010] : (18) DM: ooc There's a "Show Labels" option.
[Wed Jan 6 20:24:12 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc, yeah, just saw that
[Wed Jan 6 20:24:15 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc sorry :)
[Wed Jan 6 20:24:29 2010] : (18) DM: *Sizzle*
[Wed Jan 6 20:24:40 2010] : (17) Zotin: Zotin shifts to the side a little
[Wed Jan 6 20:24:43 2010] : (17) Zotin: Done
[Wed Jan 6 20:25:32 2010] : (18) Fey Panther (P): The panther circles around and bites at Barnabas
[Wed Jan 6 20:25:44 2010] : (18) Fey Panther (P): Bite: [1d20 + 9] => [4,9] = (13) vs AC ===> [1d6 + 4] => [5,4] = (9) and panther shifts one square
[Wed Jan 6 20:25:51 2010] : (18) Fey Panther (P): You dodge the attack
[Wed Jan 6 20:26:04 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas weaves and dances his feet
[Wed Jan 6 20:26:21 2010] : (18) Dwarf (D): A dwarf charges Barnabas
[Wed Jan 6 20:26:28 2010] : (18) Dwarf (D): Warhammer: [1d20 + 11] => [17,11] = (28) vs AC ===> [1d10 + 3] => [10,3] = (13)
[Wed Jan 6 20:27:01 2010] : (18) Berserker (B): The woman roars a battle crie and sweeps her axe at Elora
[Wed Jan 6 20:27:07 2010] : (18) Berserker (B): Greataxe: [1d20 + 7] => [9,7] = (16) vs AC ===> [1d12 + 16] => [10,16] = (26)
[Wed Jan 6 20:27:10 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Unaware of the new danger, Barnabas grunts as it hits
[Wed Jan 6 20:27:12 2010] : (18) Berserker (B): It misses.
[Wed Jan 6 20:27:14 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc zotin can you add a mini for your force orb?
[Wed Jan 6 20:27:28 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc David usually added one for me :)
[Wed Jan 6 20:28:09 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc and its a Flaming Sphere :P
[Wed Jan 6 20:28:21 2010] : (18) Berserker (B): Elora?
[Wed Jan 6 20:28:25 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc Lovely
[Wed Jan 6 20:28:25 2010] : (18) DM: Elora?
[Wed Jan 6 20:28:58 2010] : (15) Elora: Elora takes a breath and heaves her axe mightily. She lets it fall on the Beserker woman and swirls to hit the Imp in the same blow.
[Wed Jan 6 20:29:01 2010] : (15) Elora: Cleave: (AWP) Greataxe +2:[1d20+7+1+2] => [19,7,1,2] = (29) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6+2] => [10,6,2] = (18) - An enemy adjacent to you other than the target takes damage equal to your Strength modifier [4] => 4.
[Wed Jan 6 20:29:20 2010] : (15) Elora: done.
[Wed Jan 6 20:29:50 2010] : (18) Berserker (B): "RAAH!" Angered by her severe wounds, the woman launches a fearsome counter attack."
[Wed Jan 6 20:29:52 2010] : (18) Berserker (B): Battlefury: [1d20 + 11] => [1,11] = (12) vs AC ===> [1d12 + 16 + 1d6] => [7,16,3] = (26)
[Wed Jan 6 20:30:06 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Very fearsome indeed
[Wed Jan 6 20:30:07 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc thank God it missed!
[Wed Jan 6 20:30:08 2010] : (15) Elora: Elora ducks
[Wed Jan 6 20:30:15 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc +16!
[Wed Jan 6 20:30:16 2010] : (18) Berserker (B): But in her rage she swings wildly and misses.
[Wed Jan 6 20:30:29 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc man,if it hit, it would have been indeed a fearsome thing
[Wed Jan 6 20:31:04 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc It's a good thing her wounds weakened her
[Wed Jan 6 20:31:11 2010] : (18) Berserker (B): ooc +16 was wrong. +8 only
[Wed Jan 6 20:31:31 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Would still have been 18 damage
[Wed Jan 6 20:32:37 2010] : (18) Howling Hag (H): The old woman, morphs into a hideously ugly female creature, she nimbly tries to vault the bannister
[Wed Jan 6 20:32:41 2010] : (18) Howling Hag (H): Dexterity: [1d20 + 5/2 + 4] => [1,2,4] = (7)
[Wed Jan 6 20:32:49 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc lol
[Wed Jan 6 20:32:59 2010] : (18) Howling Hag (H): But stumbles and has to halt her attack.
[Wed Jan 6 20:33:03 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Crit miss!?
[Wed Jan 6 20:33:14 2010] : (18) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Jan 6 20:33:30 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc in my mind she landed on her face
[Wed Jan 6 20:33:48 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "Come on people, we can take them!"
[Wed Jan 6 20:34:00 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas attacks the panther again
[Wed Jan 6 20:34:05 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Warlord's Strike: (EP) Str vs. AC [1d20+3+2+3] => [12,3,2,3] = (20) - Hit: [2d8+3] => [1,1,3] = (5) damage. Until the end of my next turn all allies gain a +3 bonus to damage vs. the target.
[Wed Jan 6 20:34:21 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc two 1s?
[Wed Jan 6 20:34:26 2010] : (18) DM: Hit
[Wed Jan 6 20:34:35 2010] : (18) DM: A shallow cut
[Wed Jan 6 20:34:52 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Done
[Wed Jan 6 20:35:39 2010] : (18) DM: The imp vanishes
[Wed Jan 6 20:35:51 2010] : (18) Dwarf (E): [2d4] => [1,3] = (4)
[Wed Jan 6 20:36:06 2010] : (18) Dwarf (E): The other dwarf charges Barnabas
[Wed Jan 6 20:36:11 2010] : (18) Dwarf (E): Warhammer: [1d20 + 11] => [7,11] = (18) vs AC ===> [1d10 + 3] => [8,3] = (11)
[Wed Jan 6 20:36:27 2010] : (18) Dwarf (E): And hits, 11 damage.
[Wed Jan 6 20:36:35 2010] : (18) DM: Helena?
[Wed Jan 6 20:36:44 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc Through the sphere?
[Wed Jan 6 20:36:59 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena steps up and attacks the woman berserker
[Wed Jan 6 20:37:06 2010] : (19) Helena: Piercing Strike Shortsword: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+5+2+3] => [20,5,2,3] = (30) - Hit: [1d6+5] => [1,5] = (6) damage - [2d8] => [8,8] = (16) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A needle-sharp point slips past armour and into tender flesh.

[Wed Jan 6 20:37:16 2010] : (19) Helena: Done
[Wed Jan 6 20:37:23 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc I guess that's a hit
[Wed Jan 6 20:38:10 2010] : (18) DM: Zotin?
[Wed Jan 6 20:39:03 2010] : (17) Zotin: Zotin deftly places a spell on the other side of the dirty Panther
[Wed Jan 6 20:39:06 2010] : (17) Zotin: Scorching Burst: (AWP)Area Burst 1 within 10 squares To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [8,4,2] = (14) - Hit: [1d6+(19/2-5)] => [3,4] = (7) Fire damage.
[Wed Jan 6 20:39:11 2010] : (17) Zotin: Scorching Burst: (AWP)Area Burst 1 within 10 squares To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [18,4,2] = (24) - Hit: [1d6+(19/2-5)] => [1,4] = (5) Fire damage.
[Wed Jan 6 20:39:12 2010] : (17) Zotin: Scorching Burst: (AWP)Area Burst 1 within 10 squares To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [15,4,2] = (21) - Hit: [1d6+(19/2-5)] => [3,4] = (7) Fire damage.
[Wed Jan 6 20:39:26 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc aiming to get all three - D, E and P
[Wed Jan 6 20:39:37 2010] : (18) DM: You get all but one dwarf.
[Wed Jan 6 20:40:06 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas looks pretty beaten up
[Wed Jan 6 20:40:13 2010] : (17) Zotin: +3 dmg against the panther from banabas
[Wed Jan 6 20:40:14 2010] : (17) Zotin: Done
[Wed Jan 6 20:40:29 2010] : (17) Zotin: actually, move the sphere, then done
[Wed Jan 6 20:40:40 2010] : (18) DM: The panter attacks Barnabas again
[Wed Jan 6 20:40:43 2010] : (16) Barnabas: HP Status: 16 out of 40 || Surge Status: 8 out of 8
[Wed Jan 6 20:40:49 2010] : (18) Fey Panther (P): Bite: [1d20 + 9] => [14,9] = (23) vs AC ===> [1d6 + 4] => [3,4] = (7) and panther shifts one square
[Wed Jan 6 20:41:24 2010] : (18) Dwarf (D): The dwarf bashes Barnbas with his shield.
[Wed Jan 6 20:41:27 2010] : (18) Dwarf (D): Shield Bash: [1d20 + 9] => [16,9] = (25) vs Fort. ===> [2d6 + 3] => [3,2,3] = (8) knocked prone or pushed 1 square
[Wed Jan 6 20:41:30 2010] : (17) Zotin: Dont forget it (and the dwarfs) takes 4dmg from the sphere
[Wed Jan 6 20:41:42 2010] : (18) Dwarf (D): And knocks you prone.
[Wed Jan 6 20:41:55 2010] : (16) Barnabas: HP Status: 1 out of 40 || Surge Status: 8 out of 8
[Wed Jan 6 20:42:23 2010] : (18) Berserker (B): Another axe swing at Elora
[Wed Jan 6 20:42:29 2010] : (18) Berserker (B): Greataxe: [1d20 + 7] => [15,7] = (22) vs AC ===> [1d12 + 4] => [11,4] = (15)
[Wed Jan 6 20:42:49 2010] : (15) Elora: HP & surges status: Healing Surges left: [12-0] => 12 - HP left:[49-20] => 29
[Wed Jan 6 20:43:00 2010] : (18) Berserker (B): This one hits. The berserker chortles madly.
[Wed Jan 6 20:43:08 2010] : (18) DM: Elora?
[Wed Jan 6 20:44:08 2010] : (15) Elora: Elora, angered by the hit, takes her axe and swings it at the woman. In a graceful movement, she swings her axe in an arch above her head and tries and hits the panther
[Wed Jan 6 20:44:16 2010] : (15) Elora: Sweeping Blow: (EP) Greataxe +2 [1d20+7+1+2+4/2] => [15,7,1,2,2] = (27) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6+2] => [7,6,2] = (15) - Hit each enemy in close burst (1sq) you can see.
[Wed Jan 6 20:44:29 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc do I have to reroll for the panther?
[Wed Jan 6 20:44:35 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Nice :)
[Wed Jan 6 20:44:48 2010] : (18) DM: ooc Yes
[Wed Jan 6 20:44:52 2010] : (15) Elora: Sweeping Blow: (EP) Greataxe +2 [1d20+7+1+2+4/2] => [10,7,1,2,2] = (22) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6+2] => [9,6,2] = (17) - Hit each enemy in close burst (1sq) you can see.
[Wed Jan 6 20:45:27 2010] : (18) DM: Elora cuts deep into the berserker's neck, killing her.
[Wed Jan 6 20:46:08 2010] : (18) DM: And wounding the panther as well.
[Wed Jan 6 20:46:11 2010] : (15) Elora: She then takes a deep breath and heals herself .
[Wed Jan 6 20:46:13 2010] : (15) Elora: Healing surge: Thanks to some good fortune, Elora spends a healing surge and regains [9] => 9 HP. (dwarven resilience: minor action)
[Wed Jan 6 20:46:29 2010] : (18) DM: ooc one moment.
[Wed Jan 6 20:46:30 2010] : (15) Elora: HP & surges status: Healing Surges left: [12-1] => 11 - HP left:[49-11] => 38
[Wed Jan 6 20:46:33 2010] : (15) Elora: done.
[Wed Jan 6 20:47:10 2010] : (18) DM: ooc another sweeping blow attack roll.
[Wed Jan 6 20:47:20 2010] : (15) Elora: Sweeping Blow: (EP) Greataxe +2 [1d20+7+1+2+4/2] => [11,7,1,2,2] = (23) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6+2] => [2,6,2] = (10) - Hit each enemy in close burst (1sq) you can see.
[Wed Jan 6 20:47:43 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc there's an invisible imp over my head? ;)
[Wed Jan 6 20:48:00 2010] : (18) DM: The imp screeches as your axes cuts its invisible body, trailing drops of ichor through the air.
[Wed Jan 6 20:48:16 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc if I can't see, I can't hit though :/
[Wed Jan 6 20:48:26 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc although it's your call :D
[Wed Jan 6 20:48:36 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc lucky hit as the blade arced overhead?
[Wed Jan 6 20:48:55 2010] : (18) Howling Hag (H): The hag approaches closer.
[Wed Jan 6 20:49:07 2010] : (18) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Jan 6 20:49:14 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas shakes his head and encourages himself
[Wed Jan 6 20:49:17 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Inspiring Word: (EP; minor) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6+4] => [1,4] = (5) HP (on top of their surge value)
[Wed Jan 6 20:49:33 2010] : (16) Barnabas: HP Status: 16 out of 40 || Surge Status: 8 out of 8
[Wed Jan 6 20:49:42 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Saving Throw: [1d20] => [9] = (9)
[Wed Jan 6 20:49:42 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Saving Throw: [1d20] => [11] = (11)
[Wed Jan 6 20:49:43 2010] : (17) Zotin: oco you're good with the 1's tonight
[Wed Jan 6 20:49:58 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas shifts 1 square
[Wed Jan 6 20:50:11 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc It's a gift
[Wed Jan 6 20:50:29 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Leaf on the wind: (EP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+3+2+3] => [7,3,2,3] = (15) - Hit: [2d8+3] => [2,8,3] = (13) damage, then you or an ally adjacent to the target swaps places with it.
[Wed Jan 6 20:50:51 2010] : (18) DM: Attacking what?
[Wed Jan 6 20:50:57 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc the panther
[Wed Jan 6 20:51:01 2010] : (18) DM: Miss
[Wed Jan 6 20:51:06 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Done
[Wed Jan 6 20:51:11 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc brb
[Wed Jan 6 20:51:43 2010] : (18) Imp (I): Ichor drips on the floor as the imp moves towards Zotin and attacks.
[Wed Jan 6 20:51:51 2010] : (18) Imp (I): Tail Sting: [1d20 + 8] => [6,8] = (14) vs AC ===> [1d8+3] => [7,3] = (10) and secondary attack [1d20+5] => [14,5] = (19) vs Fort. ===> 5 ongoing damage and -2 to Will defense
[Wed Jan 6 20:51:57 2010] : (18) Imp (I): It misses.
[Wed Jan 6 20:52:14 2010] : (18) Dwarf (E): ooc flaming sphere damage? 4 or [2d4] => [4,3] = (7) ?
[Wed Jan 6 20:52:33 2010] : (17) Zotin: [1d4+4] => [4,4] = (8)
[Wed Jan 6 20:53:15 2010] : (18) Dwarf (E): The dwarf presses its attack on Barnabas
[Wed Jan 6 20:53:21 2010] : (18) Dwarf (E): Warhammer: [1d20 + 11] => [11,11] = (22) vs AC ===> [1d10 + 3] => [5,3] = (8)
[Wed Jan 6 20:53:50 2010] : (18) DM: Helena?
[Wed Jan 6 20:54:09 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena turns around to attack the panther
[Wed Jan 6 20:54:19 2010] : (19) Helena: Sly Flourish Shortsword: (AWP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+5+2+3] => [11,5,2,3] = (21) - Hit: [1d6+5+3] => [4,5,3] = (12) damage - [2d8] => [7,4] = (11) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A distracting flourish causes the enemy to forget the blade at his throat.

[Wed Jan 6 20:54:24 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas winces in pain
[Wed Jan 6 20:54:36 2010] : (19) Helena: Sneak in the Attack: (UP) Effect: Until the start of my next turn, the next ally who hits the target and has combat advantage against it deals extra damage against it equal to my Sneak Attack damage.
[Wed Jan 6 20:54:41 2010] : (19) Helena: Done
[Wed Jan 6 20:54:46 2010] : (16) Barnabas: HP Status: 8 out of 40 || Surge Status: 7 out of 8
[Wed Jan 6 20:55:10 2010] : (18) DM: You stab the panther in the chest, sliding your blade thtough the ribs and into its heart, killing it.
[Wed Jan 6 20:55:31 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Ah, so no Sneak in the Attack, then
[Wed Jan 6 20:55:31 2010] : (18) DM: Zotin?
[Wed Jan 6 20:55:32 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc hold off on that power! ;-)
[Wed Jan 6 20:56:19 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc /me jsut realized you can only use your second wind once per encounter. I think I've been using it much more often than that. I was probably dead time and time again.
[Wed Jan 6 20:56:31 2010] : (17) Zotin: Zotin directs the sphere to attack E
[Wed Jan 6 20:56:34 2010] : (17) Zotin: Flaming Sphere: (DP) Ranged 10 - To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [11,4,2] = (17) - Hit: [2d6+(19/2-5)] => [3,4,4] = (11) fire damage.
[Wed Jan 6 20:56:47 2010] : (18) DM: ooc I've not noticed that Elora.
[Wed Jan 6 20:57:08 2010] : (18) DM: Your scorch the dwarf.
[Wed Jan 6 20:57:09 2010] : (17) Zotin: Done
[Wed Jan 6 20:57:11 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc I've used many of Barnabas stuff though.
[Wed Jan 6 20:57:54 2010] : (18) Dwarf (D): The dwarf moves to attack Elora, pummeling her with his warhammer
[Wed Jan 6 20:57:56 2010] : (18) Dwarf (D): Warhammer: [1d20 + 11] => [5,11] = (16) vs AC ===> [1d10 + 3] => [1,3] = (4)
[Wed Jan 6 20:58:21 2010] : (18) Dwarf (D): Or trying to at least, Elora dodges.
[Wed Jan 6 20:58:29 2010] : (18) DM: Elora?
[Wed Jan 6 20:58:53 2010] : (15) Elora: Elora shifts towards the dwarves and swings her axe at one (which looks the most wounded?), in the momentum, her axe goes to lodge itself in the other's arm
[Wed Jan 6 20:58:58 2010] : (15) Elora: Cleave: (AWP) Greataxe +2:[1d20+7+1+2] => [19,7,1,2] = (29) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6+2] => [11,6,2] = (19) - An enemy adjacent to you other than the target takes damage equal to your Strength modifier [4] => 4.
[Wed Jan 6 20:59:09 2010] : (18) DM: Dwarf E is nearly dead.
[Wed Jan 6 20:59:24 2010] : (18) DM: Not 4 points of nearly dead though.
[Wed Jan 6 20:59:33 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc ok, then he goes first.
[Wed Jan 6 20:59:33 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc don't forget that if you use an AP for another action, you get inspired healing from me
[Wed Jan 6 20:59:47 2010] : (18) DM: Elora kills one of the dwarfs and nicks the other on the follow through.
[Wed Jan 6 20:59:59 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc how about 1 d4 +4 points of nearly dead?
[Wed Jan 6 21:00:07 2010] : (15) Elora: Taken into the action, Elora heaves her axe again
[Wed Jan 6 21:00:09 2010] : (15) Elora: Action points: Action points remaining: [1-1] => 0
[Wed Jan 6 21:00:18 2010] : (15) Elora: Spinning Sweep: (EP)Greataxe +2 [1d20+7+1+2] => [12,7,1,2] = (22) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6+2] => [2,6,2] = (10) - You knock the target prone
[Wed Jan 6 21:00:26 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Inspiring Presence: Ally that sees me and uses an AP for an extra action regains [2+2+2] => 6 HP
[Wed Jan 6 21:00:26 2010] : (18) DM: [1d4+4] => [1,4] = (5)
[Wed Jan 6 21:00:27 2010] : (15) Elora: on E
[Wed Jan 6 21:00:29 2010] : (15) Elora: Healing surge: Thanks to some good fortune, Elora spends a healing surge and regains [9] => 9 HP. (dwarven resilience: minor action)
[Wed Jan 6 21:00:49 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc thanks to Barnabas
[Wed Jan 6 21:00:50 2010] : (15) Elora: done.
[Wed Jan 6 21:01:29 2010] : (18) DM: Elora attacks dwarf D and kills dwarf E on the follow through.
[Wed Jan 6 21:02:08 2010] : (18) Imp (I): The imp attacks Zotin again
[Wed Jan 6 21:02:18 2010] : (18) Imp (I): Tail Sting: [1d20 + 8] => [8,8] = (16) vs AC ===> [1d8+3] => [7,3] = (10) and secondary attack [1d20+5] => [15,5] = (20) vs Fort. ===> 5 ongoing damage and -2 to Will defense
[Wed Jan 6 21:02:27 2010] : (18) Imp (I): And misses!
[Wed Jan 6 21:02:38 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc phew
[Wed Jan 6 21:02:42 2010] : (18) DM: Helena?
[Wed Jan 6 21:03:08 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc did I miss a go?
[Wed Jan 6 21:03:08 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena moves the better to stab dwarf D in the back
[Wed Jan 6 21:03:17 2010] : (19) Helena: Piercing Strike Shortsword: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+5+2+3] => [3,5,2,3] = (13) - Hit: [1d6+5] => [3,5] = (8) damage - [2d8] => [3,6] = (9) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A needle-sharp point slips past armour and into tender flesh.

[Wed Jan 6 21:03:21 2010] : (18) DM: ooc lots people missed goes
[Wed Jan 6 21:03:31 2010] : (19) Helena: Done
[Wed Jan 6 21:03:47 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Missed, I guess
[Wed Jan 6 21:04:13 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc was Elora, then me, then Helena
[Wed Jan 6 21:04:41 2010] : (18) Howling Hag (H): The hag aproaches and shrieks and a chilling, loud voice, blasting you all with excruciating sound.
[Wed Jan 6 21:04:48 2010] : (18) Howling Hag (H): Shriek of Pain: Close Blast 5 [1d20 + 8] => [10,8] = (18) vs Fort. ===> [3d6 + 4] => [6,1,4,4] = (15) thunder (+5 if bloodied); half damage on miss
[Wed Jan 6 21:04:53 2010] : (18) Howling Hag (H): Shriek of Pain: Close Blast 5 [1d20 + 8] => [18,8] = (26) vs Fort. ===> [3d6 + 4] => [4,3,1,4] = (12) thunder (+5 if bloodied); half damage on miss
[Wed Jan 6 21:04:53 2010] : (18) Howling Hag (H): Shriek of Pain: Close Blast 5 [1d20 + 8] => [16,8] = (24) vs Fort. ===> [3d6 + 4] => [2,2,5,4] = (13) thunder (+5 if bloodied); half damage on miss
[Wed Jan 6 21:04:54 2010] : (18) Howling Hag (H): Shriek of Pain: Close Blast 5 [1d20 + 8] => [10,8] = (18) vs Fort. ===> [3d6 + 4] => [4,6,5,4] = (19) thunder (+5 if bloodied); half damage on miss
[Wed Jan 6 21:05:41 2010] : (18) Howling Hag (H): You're all fully affected, Elora: 15, Helena, 12, Barnabas: 13 and Zotin: 19 damage.
[Wed Jan 6 21:05:51 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc damned ;)
[Wed Jan 6 21:06:04 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc ye gods!
[Wed Jan 6 21:06:16 2010] : (18) Howling Hag (H): The dwarf also claps his hands to his ears and grimaces in pain.
[Wed Jan 6 21:06:18 2010] : (18) Howling Hag (H): Shriek of Pain: Close Blast 5 [1d20 + 8] => [12,8] = (20) vs Fort. ===> [3d6 + 4] => [5,1,2,4] = (12) thunder (+5 if bloodied); half damage on miss
[Wed Jan 6 21:06:41 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc I'm wounded!
[Wed Jan 6 21:07:00 2010] : (18) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Jan 6 21:07:09 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc I'm wounded!
[Wed Jan 6 21:08:31 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc which of the above is on whom?
[Wed Jan 6 21:08:45 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc ah, sorry, now I see it
[Wed Jan 6 21:09:12 2010] : (16) Barnabas: On being subjected to the blast Barnabas bleeds from ears and nose, collapses and looks quite stone dead
[Wed Jan 6 21:09:32 2010] : (18) DM: ooc dying, not dead yet
[Wed Jan 6 21:09:33 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Has everybody gone quiet or am I missing text?
[Wed Jan 6 21:09:39 2010] : (16) Barnabas: HP Status: -10 out of 40 || Surge Status: 7 out of 8
[Wed Jan 6 21:10:09 2010] : (18) DM: ooc it would help if you said the last thing you saw
[Wed Jan 6 21:10:22 2010] : (18) DM: Helena?
[Wed Jan 6 21:10:51 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Be back in a minute
[Wed Jan 6 21:10:58 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc is -10 still "dead" on 4e?
[Wed Jan 6 21:11:03 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc on = in
[Wed Jan 6 21:11:08 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Never mind
[Wed Jan 6 21:11:18 2010] : (18) DM: ooc no, it's half your hit points.
[Wed Jan 6 21:11:34 2010] : (18) DM: Helena, your turn
[Wed Jan 6 21:11:45 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena moves the better to stab dwarf D in the back
[Wed Jan 6 21:11:47 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc so Barnabas just 'looks' dead ;-)
[Wed Jan 6 21:11:49 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc again?
[Wed Jan 6 21:12:00 2010] : (19) Helena: Piercing Strike Shortsword: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+5+2+3] => [17,5,2,3] = (27) - Hit: [1d6+5] => [2,5] = (7) damage - [2d8] => [1,3] = (4) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A needle-sharp point slips past armour and into tender flesh.

[Wed Jan 6 21:12:05 2010] : (18) DM: ooc No, I messed up the order.
[Wed Jan 6 21:12:09 2010] : (19) Helena: Done
[Wed Jan 6 21:12:22 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc ok, so you're catching up the order?
[Wed Jan 6 21:13:13 2010] : (18) DM: The dwarf is tottering on his feet and swaying, blood pouring from ears and many severe injures, he won't last another hit at all.
[Wed Jan 6 21:13:20 2010] : (18) DM: Zotin?
[Wed Jan 6 21:13:54 2010] : (17) Zotin: Zotin shifts away from the Imp and attacks the Hag
[Wed Jan 6 21:13:58 2010] : (17) Zotin: Acid Arrow: (DP) Ranged 20:
Primary Attack: To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [3,4,2] = (9) - Hit: [2d8+(19/2-5)] => [7,8,4] = (19) Acid damage. Ongoing 5.

Secondary Attack (each adjacent to Primary if hit): To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [1,4,2] = (7) - Hit: [1d8+(19/2-5)] => [7,4] = (11) Acid damage. Ongoing 5.

Miss: Half damage. No secondary attack

[Wed Jan 6 21:14:22 2010] : (17) Zotin: Zotin moves the sphere
[Wed Jan 6 21:14:29 2010] : (17) Zotin: Done
[Wed Jan 6 21:14:34 2010] : (18) DM: Your arrow hits but glaces off and mostly splashes on the floor.
[Wed Jan 6 21:14:59 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc move the sphere further away!
[Wed Jan 6 21:15:06 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc if you can
[Wed Jan 6 21:15:12 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc :)
[Wed Jan 6 21:15:34 2010] : (18) DM: [1d6] => [2] = (2)
[Wed Jan 6 21:15:42 2010] : (18) DM: The dwarf attacks Helena
[Wed Jan 6 21:15:51 2010] : (18) Dwarf (D): Warhammer: [1d20 + 11] => [3,11] = (14) vs AC ===> [1d10 + 3] => [8,3] = (11)
[Wed Jan 6 21:15:55 2010] : (18) Dwarf (D): And misses
[Wed Jan 6 21:16:09 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena laughs the attack off
[Wed Jan 6 21:16:12 2010] : (18) DM: Elora?
[Wed Jan 6 21:16:24 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc isn't he prone?
[Wed Jan 6 21:16:31 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc wasn't he that is.
[Wed Jan 6 21:16:48 2010] : (18) DM: ooc yes,
[Wed Jan 6 21:16:53 2010] : (15) Elora: Elora shifts towards the hag and swings her axe to hit.
[Wed Jan 6 21:17:03 2010] : (18) Dwarf (D): The dwarf tries to get up. AoO from Elora and Helena
[Wed Jan 6 21:17:04 2010] : (15) Elora: Cleave: (AWP) Greataxe +2:[1d20+7+1+2] => [15,7,1,2] = (25) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6+2] => [7,6,2] = (15) - An enemy adjacent to you other than the target takes damage equal to your Strength modifier [4] => 4.
[Wed Jan 6 21:17:18 2010] : (15) Elora: Greataxe +2: [1d20+7+1+2] => [19,7,1,2] = (29) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6+2] => [11,6,2] = (19)
[Wed Jan 6 21:17:28 2010] : (18) Dwarf (D): He dies
[Wed Jan 6 21:17:29 2010] : (19) Helena: Melee Basic Attack - Short sword: [1d20+0+2+3] => [19,0,2,3] = (24) Damage: [1d6+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Wed Jan 6 21:17:45 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc ok, I'll stick with the cleave anyway
[Wed Jan 6 21:17:48 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc From my damage? ;)
[Wed Jan 6 21:17:58 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc roflmao
[Wed Jan 6 21:18:12 2010] : (18) Dwarf (D): Elora scores a hit
[Wed Jan 6 21:18:21 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc umm nice cleavage?
[Wed Jan 6 21:18:24 2010] : (18) Dwarf (D): The hag sizzles. [1d4 + 4] => [1,4] = (5)
[Wed Jan 6 21:18:27 2010] : (15) Elora: done.
[Wed Jan 6 21:18:32 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc sizzles????
[Wed Jan 6 21:18:34 2010] : (15) Elora: oox :D
[Wed Jan 6 21:19:04 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc flaming sphere damage at the start of her round
[Wed Jan 6 21:19:07 2010] : (18) Howling Hag (H): She steps away from Elora and howls.
[Wed Jan 6 21:19:11 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc ah yes!
[Wed Jan 6 21:19:18 2010] : (18) Howling Hag (H): Howl: Close blast 5 [1d20 + 10] => [8,10] = (18) vs Fort. ===> [1d6+4] => [3,4] = (7) thunder and pushed back 3
[Wed Jan 6 21:19:23 2010] : (18) Howling Hag (H): Howl: Close blast 5 [1d20 + 10] => [4,10] = (14) vs Fort. ===> [1d6+4] => [6,4] = (10) thunder and pushed back 3
[Wed Jan 6 21:19:24 2010] : (18) Howling Hag (H): Howl: Close blast 5 [1d20 + 10] => [1,10] = (11) vs Fort. ===> [1d6+4] => [6,4] = (10) thunder and pushed back 3
[Wed Jan 6 21:19:24 2010] : (18) Howling Hag (H): Howl: Close blast 5 [1d20 + 10] => [3,10] = (13) vs Fort. ===> [1d6+4] => [2,4] = (6) thunder and pushed back 3
[Wed Jan 6 21:20:03 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc unless I'm the first one, I'm OK
[Wed Jan 6 21:20:18 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc otherwise I'm at -20
[Wed Jan 6 21:20:20 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc I'll take #3 :)
[Wed Jan 6 21:20:42 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc that's the one I want
[Wed Jan 6 21:20:45 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc even if I'm the first one, I am ok, right? if I save with an 18, then I win?
[Wed Jan 6 21:20:59 2010] : (18) Howling Hag (H): Helena: 7 damage, Elora and Barnabas is safe, Zotin takes 6 damage
[Wed Jan 6 21:21:20 2010] : (17) Zotin: Zotin is looking pretty beaten up
[Wed Jan 6 21:21:26 2010] : (18) DM: Helena?
[Wed Jan 6 21:21:57 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc would have been -17, not 20 anyway
[Wed Jan 6 21:22:08 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena decides to attack the hag
[Wed Jan 6 21:22:08 2010] : (15) Elora: "Take care of Barnabas, I'll get the hag!"
[Wed Jan 6 21:22:28 2010] : (19) Helena: Piercing Strike Shortsword: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+5+2+3] => [11,5,2,3] = (21) - Hit: [1d6+5] => [5,5] = (10) damage - [2d8] => [6,2] = (8) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A needle-sharp point slips past armour and into tender flesh.

[Wed Jan 6 21:22:46 2010] : (18) DM: Hit
[Wed Jan 6 21:22:48 2010] : (19) Helena: Done
[Wed Jan 6 21:23:16 2010] : (18) DM: Your blade pierces, the wrinkly, mottled, leathery skin of the hag.
[Wed Jan 6 21:23:22 2010] : (18) DM: Zotin?
[Wed Jan 6 21:23:29 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Do I have combat advantage thanks to the fireball?
[Wed Jan 6 21:23:35 2010] : (18) DM: ooc no
[Wed Jan 6 21:23:48 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc how injured does he hag look?
[Wed Jan 6 21:23:56 2010] : (18) DM: She's not yet bloodied.
[Wed Jan 6 21:24:34 2010] : (17) Zotin: Second Wind: (EP) Effect: Healing surge - regain 5 HP. +2 bonus to all defenses until the start of my next turn
[Wed Jan 6 21:24:52 2010] : (17) Zotin: Shift
[Wed Jan 6 21:24:54 2010] : (17) Zotin: Done
[Wed Jan 6 21:25:03 2010] : (18) DM: The imp vanished again
[Wed Jan 6 21:25:09 2010] : (18) DM: Elora?
[Wed Jan 6 21:25:33 2010] : (15) Elora: Elora gets to the hag
[Wed Jan 6 21:26:04 2010] : (15) Elora: Spinning Sweep: (EP)Greataxe +2 [1d20+7+1+2] => [3,7,1,2] = (13) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6+2] => [7,6,2] = (15) - You knock the target prone
[Wed Jan 6 21:26:09 2010] : (18) DM: Miss
[Wed Jan 6 21:26:10 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc don't I have to save vs death or something?
[Wed Jan 6 21:26:12 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc damn
[Wed Jan 6 21:26:16 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc brb
[Wed Jan 6 21:26:18 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc how many action poins do we have?
[Wed Jan 6 21:26:31 2010] : (18) DM: ooc 2
[Wed Jan 6 21:26:32 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc I have 2
[Wed Jan 6 21:26:52 2010] : (15) Elora: Elora, angered by her failure, strikes again
[Wed Jan 6 21:26:57 2010] : (15) Elora: Reaping Strike: (AWP) - Greataxe +2: [1d20+7+1+2] => [7,7,1,2] = (17) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6+2] => [2,6,2] = (10) - Miss: Half Strength modifier damage. If you're wielding a two-handed weapon, you deal damage equal to your Strength modifier [4] => 4 (foe is marked)
[Wed Jan 6 21:27:12 2010] : (15) Elora: done.
[Wed Jan 6 21:27:16 2010] : (16) Barnabas: [1d20] => [14] = (14)
[Wed Jan 6 21:27:43 2010] : (18) DM: ooc yes, sorry about that Barnabas.
[Wed Jan 6 21:27:55 2010] : (18) DM: You miss again.
[Wed Jan 6 21:28:00 2010] : (16) Barnabas: [1d20] => [3] = (3)
[Wed Jan 6 21:28:27 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc I thought it was only 1 AP. bugger
[Wed Jan 6 21:28:29 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc one step closer to being dead ;-)
[Wed Jan 6 21:28:31 2010] : (18) DM: The hag is burnt again
[Wed Jan 6 21:28:35 2010] : (18) DM: [1d4 + 4] => [1,4] = (5)
[Wed Jan 6 21:29:05 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas's body inspires Elora ;-)
[Wed Jan 6 21:29:10 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Inspiring Presence: Ally that sees me and uses an AP for an extra action regains [2+2+2] => 6 HP
[Wed Jan 6 21:29:27 2010] : (18) DM: The pain causes her to shriek in pain
[Wed Jan 6 21:29:29 2010] : (18) DM: Shriek of Pain: Close Blast 5 [1d20 + 8] => [8,8] = (16) vs Fort. ===> [3d6 + 4] => [1,1,5,4] = (11) thunder (+5 if bloodied); half damage on miss
[Wed Jan 6 21:29:33 2010] : (18) DM: Shriek of Pain: Close Blast 5 [1d20 + 8] => [4,8] = (12) vs Fort. ===> [3d6 + 4] => [1,4,5,4] = (14) thunder (+5 if bloodied); half damage on miss
[Wed Jan 6 21:29:39 2010] : (18) DM: Shriek of Pain: Close Blast 5 [1d20 + 8] => [4,8] = (12) vs Fort. ===> [3d6 + 4] => [1,6,4,4] = (15) thunder (+5 if bloodied); half damage on miss
[Wed Jan 6 21:30:04 2010] : (19) Helena: HP Status: [20] => 20 out of [32] => 32 || Surge Status: [1] => 1 out of [6] => 6
[Wed Jan 6 21:30:08 2010] : (18) DM: Helena you stumble back 3 square as the sound hammers at you.
[Wed Jan 6 21:30:08 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc me too DM
[Wed Jan 6 21:30:11 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc oops
[Wed Jan 6 21:30:18 2010] : (18) DM: ooc Barnabas, you're out of range
[Wed Jan 6 21:30:40 2010] : (18) DM: Elora, take 7 damage, Zotin, take 7 also.
[Wed Jan 6 21:31:05 2010] : (18) DM: The hag shifts back
[Wed Jan 6 21:33:24 2010] : (18) DM: I'm somewhat unclear on what a close blast is, does it have to be centered?
[Wed Jan 6 21:33:43 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc I think Burst is centred
[Wed Jan 6 21:34:02 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc blast is like fireball I think
[Wed Jan 6 21:34:11 2010] : (18) DM: ooc That's burst.
[Wed Jan 6 21:34:16 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc blast is directed out in one direction
[Wed Jan 6 21:34:31 2010] : (18) DM: Zotin, you're not injured by that shriek.
[Wed Jan 6 21:34:55 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc yay
[Wed Jan 6 21:34:56 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc I thought burst was a circle from your point of origin :D LOL
[Wed Jan 6 21:35:20 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Not a cone then?
[Wed Jan 6 21:35:56 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc 'burst 1' is the targetted square and 1 square in each direction
[Wed Jan 6 21:35:57 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc p272
[Wed Jan 6 21:36:27 2010] : (18) DM: ooc Now I'm confused.
[Wed Jan 6 21:36:37 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc close burst is what I was thinking of - burst os like fireball
[Wed Jan 6 21:36:48 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc blast is as drawn in blue
[Wed Jan 6 21:37:04 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc 5x5 with the caster at one edge
[Wed Jan 6 21:37:05 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc close burst is centred on the user of the power
[Wed Jan 6 21:38:24 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc blast has to be adjacent to the user of the power, so like the blue square, but 1 square to the left
[Wed Jan 6 21:38:49 2010] : (18) DM: ooc the hag stepped back
[Wed Jan 6 21:38:59 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc ah, then yes LOL
[Wed Jan 6 21:39:07 2010] : (18) DM: barnabas, your turn?
[Wed Jan 6 21:39:12 2010] : (16) Barnabas: [1d20] => [17] = (17)
[Wed Jan 6 21:39:28 2010] : (16) Barnabas: barnabas doesn't look any worse
[Wed Jan 6 21:39:31 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Done
[Wed Jan 6 21:39:33 2010] : (18) DM: Helena?
[Wed Jan 6 21:39:36 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc lol
[Wed Jan 6 21:39:51 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena proceeds with the killing of the hag
[Wed Jan 6 21:40:05 2010] : (19) Helena: Piercing Strike Shortsword: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+5+2+3] => [19,5,2,3] = (29) - Hit: [1d6+5] => [3,5] = (8) damage - [2d8] => [8,5] = (13) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A needle-sharp point slips past armour and into tender flesh.

[Wed Jan 6 21:40:14 2010] : (19) Helena: Done
[Wed Jan 6 21:40:17 2010] : (18) DM: [1d8] => [3] = (3)
[Wed Jan 6 21:40:20 2010] : (18) DM: Another hit
[Wed Jan 6 21:40:24 2010] : (18) DM: Zotin?
[Wed Jan 6 21:40:51 2010] : (17) Zotin: Zotin directs the sphere closer, shifts and attacks
[Wed Jan 6 21:40:57 2010] : (17) Zotin: Icy Rays: (EP) Ranged 10 (1 or 2 targets):
Primary Attack: To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [18,4,2] = (24) - Hit: [1d10+(19/2-5)] => [9,4] = (13) Cold damage.

[Wed Jan 6 21:40:58 2010] : (17) Zotin: Icy Rays: (EP) Ranged 10 (1 or 2 targets):
Primary Attack: To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [13,4,2] = (19) - Hit: [1d10+(19/2-5)] => [9,4] = (13) Cold damage.

[Wed Jan 6 21:41:04 2010] : (17) Zotin: Both on the hag
[Wed Jan 6 21:41:12 2010] : (18) DM: Both rays hit
[Wed Jan 6 21:41:16 2010] : (17) Zotin: Second action point...
[Wed Jan 6 21:41:29 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Inspiring Presence: Ally that sees me and uses an AP for an extra action regains [2+2+2] => 6 HP
[Wed Jan 6 21:41:42 2010] : (17) Zotin: attack with the sphere
[Wed Jan 6 21:41:44 2010] : (17) Zotin: Flaming Sphere: (DP) Ranged 10 - To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [4,4,2] = (10) - Hit: [2d6+(19/2-5)] => [3,4,4] = (11) fire damage.
[Wed Jan 6 21:41:51 2010] : (18) DM: Miss
[Wed Jan 6 21:41:56 2010] : (17) Zotin: Done
[Wed Jan 6 21:42:06 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc brb
[Wed Jan 6 21:42:09 2010] : (18) DM: Elora?
[Wed Jan 6 21:42:29 2010] : (17) Zotin: Zotin gains resolve from the bleeding body of his comrade
[Wed Jan 6 21:43:03 2010] : (15) Elora: Elora pants and swings, again, her axe
[Wed Jan 6 21:43:03 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc btw the hag is immobilized until the end of my next turn
[Wed Jan 6 21:43:40 2010] : (15) Elora: Reaping Strike: (AWP) - Greataxe +2: [1d20+7+1+2] => [12,7,1,2] = (22) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6+2] => [3,6,2] = (11) - Miss: Half Strength modifier damage. If you're wielding a two-handed weapon, you deal damage equal to your Strength modifier [4] => 4 (foe is marked)
[Wed Jan 6 21:44:23 2010] : (18) DM: Elora's axe thunks into her frozen flesh and her arm breaks off, It's a fatal injury.
[Wed Jan 6 21:44:48 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc :O
[Wed Jan 6 21:44:52 2010] : (18) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Jan 6 21:45:11 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc hes afk
[Wed Jan 6 21:45:22 2010] : (16) Barnabas: [1d20] => [9] = (9)
[Wed Jan 6 21:45:29 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc is there anything he can do since he already saved
[Wed Jan 6 21:45:36 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas turns a shade greener
[Wed Jan 6 21:45:39 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Done
[Wed Jan 6 21:46:02 2010] : (18) Imp (I): The imp attacks Zotin from behin
[Wed Jan 6 21:46:09 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc I think I do it every round
[Wed Jan 6 21:46:17 2010] : (18) Imp (I): Tail Sting: [1d20 + 8] => [9,8] = (17) vs AC ===> [1d8+3] => [6,3] = (9) and secondary attack [1d20+5] => [2,5] = (7) vs Fort. ===> 5 ongoing damage and -2 to Will defense
[Wed Jan 6 21:46:26 2010] : (18) Imp (I): 9 damage
[Wed Jan 6 21:46:36 2010] : (18) DM: Helena?
[Wed Jan 6 21:46:39 2010] : (17) Zotin: as the imp attacks zotin casts...
[Wed Jan 6 21:46:41 2010] : (17) Zotin: Shield: (UP) Effect:Gain +4 Power bonus to AC and reflex defense until end of next turn.
[Wed Jan 6 21:46:58 2010] : (18) DM: ooc before the attack or after?
[Wed Jan 6 21:47:15 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena goes over to the others to help against the imp
[Wed Jan 6 21:47:27 2010] : (19) Helena: Piercing Strike Shortsword: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+5+2+3] => [2,5,2,3] = (12) - Hit: [1d6+5] => [6,5] = (11) damage - [2d8] => [5,4] = (9) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A needle-sharp point slips past armour and into tender flesh.

[Wed Jan 6 21:47:37 2010] : (18) DM: Miss
[Wed Jan 6 21:47:39 2010] : (17) Zotin: it says 'when I'm hit by an attack', so does that negate the hit or is it just for further attacks?
[Wed Jan 6 21:47:42 2010] : (19) Helena: Done
[Wed Jan 6 21:47:47 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc I think it's an interrupt
[Wed Jan 6 21:48:01 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc so it's retroactive to the attack
[Wed Jan 6 21:48:35 2010] : (18) DM: No damage then
[Wed Jan 6 21:48:41 2010] : (18) DM: Zotin?
[Wed Jan 6 21:49:06 2010] : (17) Zotin: Zotin whirls around and attacks his assailant
[Wed Jan 6 21:49:09 2010] : (17) Zotin: Magic Missile: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [8,4,2] = (14) - Hit: [2d4+(19/2-5)] => [1,2,4] = (7) force damage.
[Wed Jan 6 21:49:20 2010] : (17) Zotin: shift away
[Wed Jan 6 21:49:22 2010] : (17) Zotin: done
[Wed Jan 6 21:49:35 2010] : (18) DM: Miss
[Wed Jan 6 21:49:39 2010] : (18) DM: Elora?
[Wed Jan 6 21:50:29 2010] : (15) Elora: Elora joins Barnabas and Helena and slashes the imp
[Wed Jan 6 21:50:35 2010] : (15) Elora: Reaping Strike: (AWP) - Greataxe +2: [1d20+7+1+2] => [11,7,1,2] = (21) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6+2] => [10,6,2] = (18) - Miss: Half Strength modifier damage. If you're wielding a two-handed weapon, you deal damage equal to your Strength modifier [4] => 4 (foe is marked)
[Wed Jan 6 21:50:48 2010] : (18) DM: Hit
[Wed Jan 6 21:50:59 2010] : (18) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Jan 6 21:51:02 2010] : (16) Barnabas: [1d20] => [14] = (14)
[Wed Jan 6 21:51:18 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas fails to die just yet
[Wed Jan 6 21:51:21 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Done
[Wed Jan 6 21:51:54 2010] : (18) DM: The Imp vanishes again
[Wed Jan 6 21:52:02 2010] : (18) DM: Perception checks
[Wed Jan 6 21:52:14 2010] : (19) Helena: Perception: [1d20+0+2] => [4,0,2] = (6)
[Wed Jan 6 21:52:21 2010] : (17) Zotin: Perception: [1d20+8] => [14,8] = (22)
[Wed Jan 6 21:52:58 2010] : (15) Elora: Perception: [1d20+2+2] => [17,2,2] = (21)
[Wed Jan 6 21:53:19 2010] : (18) DM: Zotin and Elora think its flown towards the counter
[Wed Jan 6 21:53:25 2010] : (18) DM: Helena?
[Wed Jan 6 21:54:02 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena stabs in the direction the imp was last seen
[Wed Jan 6 21:54:14 2010] : (19) Helena: Piercing Strike Shortsword: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+5+2+3] => [9,5,2,3] = (19) - Hit: [1d6+5] => [1,5] = (6) damage - [2d8] => [4,8] = (12) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A needle-sharp point slips past armour and into tender flesh.

[Wed Jan 6 21:54:25 2010] : (19) Helena: Done
[Wed Jan 6 21:54:30 2010] : (18) DM: Miss
[Wed Jan 6 21:54:34 2010] : (18) DM: Zotin?
[Wed Jan 6 21:54:46 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc How stupid does she look, stabbing at thin air?
[Wed Jan 6 21:54:57 2010] : (17) Zotin: Scorching Burst: (AWP)Area Burst 1 within 10 squares To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(19/2-5)+4/2] => [20,4,2] = (26) - Hit: [1d6+(19/2-5)] => [4,4] = (8) Fire damage.
[Wed Jan 6 21:55:24 2010] : (17) Zotin: centred on the bottom left of the cricle
[Wed Jan 6 21:55:36 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc crit
[Wed Jan 6 21:55:40 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc oooo
[Wed Jan 6 21:55:43 2010] : (18) DM: There's a screech and sizzling noises.
[Wed Jan 6 21:56:10 2010] : (18) DM: And a now visible imp corpse drops to the ground.
[Wed Jan 6 21:56:26 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc only +2 to damage though - 4e crits suck
[Wed Jan 6 21:56:42 2010] : (18) DM: ooc 300 XP each
[Wed Jan 6 21:58:00 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc thanks for helping me BTW - I made 4 saves - two failed and a third would have killed me
[Wed Jan 6 21:58:29 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc I thought it was 3 fails in a row
[Wed Jan 6 21:58:39 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc anyone could have given me a potion or attempted a heal check
[Wed Jan 6 21:59:26 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc 3 times before a rest
[Wed Jan 6 22:00:01 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc be thankful tha Barnabas has no idea
[Wed Jan 6 22:00:12 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc ahh. I've no potions and a crap heal check
[Wed Jan 6 22:00:13 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Sorry about that, I tend to get distracted by battles (and I'm still a bit uncertain about 4th ed)
[Wed Jan 6 22:00:35 2010] : (18) DM: ooc helpful advice before the sarcasm would have been better.
[Wed Jan 6 22:01:16 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc Elora told them to help me, I assumed help was coming
[Wed Jan 6 22:02:24 2010] : (18) DM: Anyway, time to ransack this place.
[Wed Jan 6 22:02:30 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc And I appreciate then none of us know the rules too well. I only just read them myself, but I was waiting for some assistance
[Wed Jan 6 22:02:32 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc well as a fighter, I figured it was not my place to help, but rather to keep harm away :/
[Wed Jan 6 22:03:03 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc As was the thinking of Helena: kill them before they kill us
[Wed Jan 6 22:03:29 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena takes a good look around the room
[Wed Jan 6 22:03:47 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Branabs continues to be dying
[Wed Jan 6 22:04:05 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas continues to be dying
[Wed Jan 6 22:04:22 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Oops, I thought you had at least stabilised
[Wed Jan 6 22:04:24 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc while Helena has other priorities, clearly
[Wed Jan 6 22:04:31 2010] : (17) Zotin: Zotin tries to help Barnabas without killing him more
[Wed Jan 6 22:04:35 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena takes a good look at Barnabas
[Wed Jan 6 22:04:37 2010] : (17) Zotin: Heal: [1d20+3] => [16,3] = (19)
[Wed Jan 6 22:04:43 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc :P
[Wed Jan 6 22:04:55 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas opens his eyes
[Wed Jan 6 22:05:03 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Inspiring Word: (EP; minor) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6+4] => [2,4] = (6) HP (on top of their surge value)
[Wed Jan 6 22:05:18 2010] : (17) Zotin: "Sleeping on the job, eh?"
[Wed Jan 6 22:05:28 2010] : (19) Helena: "Are you alright? I think I have a potion somewhere"
[Wed Jan 6 22:05:57 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc incidentally - any healing puts a character on -ve HPs back to zero. Then healing (a surge, or potion) is applied to the zero HP status
[Wed Jan 6 22:05:57 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena digs out a potion of healing and offers it to Barnabas
[Wed Jan 6 22:06:21 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "It's alright. Now I'm awake, no need for potions"
[Wed Jan 6 22:06:33 2010] : (19) Helena: "Are you sure?"
[Wed Jan 6 22:06:35 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Action Point: Barnabas expends an action point
[Wed Jan 6 22:06:41 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Inspiring Word: (EP; minor) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6+4] => [6,4] = (10) HP (on top of their surge value)
[Wed Jan 6 22:07:10 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena puts the potion back, looks at Barnabas once again and moves off to search the place
[Wed Jan 6 22:08:01 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc I should really read this PHB sometime
[Wed Jan 6 22:08:02 2010] : (18) DM: In terms of loot there is:
[Wed Jan 6 22:08:07 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas spends a healing surge
[Wed Jan 6 22:08:25 2010] : (16) Barnabas: HP Status: 40 out of 40 || Surge Status: 4 out of 8
[Wed Jan 6 22:08:26 2010] : (18) DM: one magical shield and 170 gold pieces between the two dwarfs.
[Wed Jan 6 22:09:10 2010] : (19) Helena: "Hmm, anybody needs a rather nice shield?"
[Wed Jan 6 22:09:26 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas eyes the group with regards to shield use, then looks at his beshielded arm
[Wed Jan 6 22:09:34 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Shields are a bit big to palm
[Wed Jan 6 22:09:43 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "Umm, I believe that I'm the only shield user"
[Wed Jan 6 22:10:07 2010] : (19) Helena: "This one seems to be magical: interested?"
[Wed Jan 6 22:10:09 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "I could certainly use a better one"
[Wed Jan 6 22:11:05 2010] : (18) DM: It's a shield of bashing. Once per day, after a successful attack you can push back your opponent [1d4] => [3] = (3) squares.
[Wed Jan 6 22:11:07 2010] : (19) Helena: "It might keep you from getting too wounded next time"
[Wed Jan 6 22:12:24 2010] : (19) Helena: "And there's some gold as well"
[Wed Jan 6 22:13:05 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "Looks like I have a new shield then"
[Wed Jan 6 22:13:11 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena, after searching the room, climbs the stairs
[Wed Jan 6 22:13:43 2010] : (17) Zotin: Zotin kicks the body of the Imp a few times and feels better
[Wed Jan 6 22:13:50 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Is there anything upstairs, apart from the mezzanine?
[Wed Jan 6 22:13:57 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc LOL@Zotin
[Wed Jan 6 22:14:30 2010] : (18) DM: In the best room in the building, sitting on a table is a small, iron bound chest, some folded pieces of paper and a small leather satchel.
[Wed Jan 6 22:15:48 2010] : (17) Zotin: Zotin nips upstairs to see what there is
[Wed Jan 6 22:16:05 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena glances at the papers, trying to see if they could be at all important
[Wed Jan 6 22:16:38 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc to palm?
[Wed Jan 6 22:17:09 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Not palming papers. The satchel on the other hand ;)
[Wed Jan 6 22:17:25 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc I'm not getting you here, sorry
[Wed Jan 6 22:17:36 2010] : (15) Elora: ooc what does "palm" mean in that context?
[Wed Jan 6 22:17:50 2010] : (18) DM: The notes are encoded and unreadble. The handwriting looks familiar; it matches that on the other note you found. The paper is plain and unmarked. Each note is short, just a few sentences and appears to finished with a name. Obviously, you can't read the name without breaking the code.
[Wed Jan 6 22:17:56 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Ah: palming: hiding in the palm of your hand, conceiling (think magicians)
[Wed Jan 6 22:18:15 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc concealing
[Wed Jan 6 22:18:42 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena takes the notes and opens the satchel. What's in it?
[Wed Jan 6 22:19:29 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas removes his shield and puts on the new one
[Wed Jan 6 22:19:52 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc would Comprehend Language work on a code?
[Wed Jan 6 22:19:58 2010] : (18) DM: The satchel clinks softly as you lift it, nestled inside the padded lining are 6 small vial of different colours.
[Wed Jan 6 22:20:11 2010] : (19) Helena: "Hmm"
[Wed Jan 6 22:20:34 2010] : (18) DM: ooc Zotin, I would say so, yes.
[Wed Jan 6 22:20:58 2010] : (18) DM: There is one black, one red, one yellow and two blue vials.
[Wed Jan 6 22:21:00 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena now examines the iron bound chest. Is it locked?
[Wed Jan 6 22:21:58 2010] : (18) DM: No.
[Wed Jan 6 22:22:04 2010] : (19) Helena: "Zotin, do you have any idea what's in this satchel?"
[Wed Jan 6 22:22:21 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena puts the satchel down and opens the chest
[Wed Jan 6 22:22:41 2010] : (18) DM: It's filled with gold coins.
[Wed Jan 6 22:22:45 2010] : (17) Zotin: Zotin takes the papers and examines the vials
[Wed Jan 6 22:23:01 2010] : (18) DM: Looks like there's about a thousand pieces of gold inside.
[Wed Jan 6 22:23:12 2010] : (19) Helena: "And even more gold"
[Wed Jan 6 22:23:30 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena searches the room for a clue to the code
[Wed Jan 6 22:23:57 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc DM: skill check to id the vials?
[Wed Jan 6 22:24:09 2010] : (18) DM: ooc Arcana
[Wed Jan 6 22:24:15 2010] : (17) Zotin: Arcana: [1d20+13] => [14,13] = (27)
[Wed Jan 6 22:26:03 2010] : (18) DM: The two blue vials are ordinary healing potions. the other 3 you're not completely sure but you recall a text you read some time ago on rare poisons and that's what these could be.
[Wed Jan 6 22:26:21 2010] : (18) DM: You'd need an alchemical lab or a test subject to be sure.
[Wed Jan 6 22:26:30 2010] : (17) Zotin: Zotin passes on the information
[Wed Jan 6 22:26:48 2010] : (17) Zotin: "Anyone want to taste these?"
[Wed Jan 6 22:27:00 2010] : (19) Helena: "Not right now"
[Wed Jan 6 22:27:23 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "What are they?"
[Wed Jan 6 22:27:53 2010] : (17) Zotin: "Poisonous, I think"
[Wed Jan 6 22:28:20 2010] : (17) Zotin: "Except for the blue ones of course"
[Wed Jan 6 22:29:15 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "of course"
[Wed Jan 6 22:29:30 2010] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas gives Zotin a funny look
[Wed Jan 6 22:29:43 2010] : (18) DM: Helena finds a scrap of paper fallen into a crack in the floor boards. On it are a short sequence of letters like so: "... S G T ... V J ..."
[Wed Jan 6 22:29:45 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "I'll give it a miss this time thanks"
[Wed Jan 6 22:30:22 2010] : (18) DM: "... SG T ... V J ..."
[Wed Jan 6 22:30:28 2010] : (18) DM: "... SG T ... VJ ..."
[Wed Jan 6 22:30:53 2010] : (19) Helena: "What is this?"
[Wed Jan 6 22:31:28 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc like the 3rd one, or it repeated differently 3 times?
[Wed Jan 6 22:31:34 2010] : (17) Zotin: "Remains of a shopping list?"
[Wed Jan 6 22:32:11 2010] : (18) DM: ooc like the 3rd once
[Wed Jan 6 22:32:14 2010] : (18) DM: ooc like the 3rd one
[Wed Jan 6 22:32:42 2010] : (19) Helena: "Alfabet mixed up? G H I J mixed with S T U V?"
[Wed Jan 6 22:33:53 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc ROT-12?
[Wed Jan 6 22:34:03 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc Huh?
[Wed Jan 6 22:35:13 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc rotation 12. Usenet used to allow people to employ ROT-13 (a = n, b= o etc.) to obfuscate spoilers
[Wed Jan 6 22:35:32 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc or other info I guess
[Wed Jan 6 22:35:52 2010] : (17) Zotin: "Do you think we should maybe get out of here in case more enemies show up?"
[Wed Jan 6 22:36:08 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "Are there any other exits?"
[Wed Jan 6 22:36:10 2010] : (19) Helena: "That might be a good idea"
[Wed Jan 6 22:36:29 2010] : (18) DM: There's a rear exit to an alleyway, it's bolted shut from the inside.
[Wed Jan 6 22:36:32 2010] : (17) Zotin: ooc have we looted all the corpses?
[Wed Jan 6 22:36:39 2010] : (18) DM: ooc yes
[Wed Jan 6 22:36:41 2010] : (16) Barnabas: "If possible I'd prefer to take a short rest"
[Wed Jan 6 22:36:53 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc unless we already had enough time for that
[Wed Jan 6 22:37:13 2010] : (18) DM: Helena spent 15 minutes searching
[Wed Jan 6 22:37:21 2010] : (16) Barnabas: ooc ah OK
[Wed Jan 6 22:37:27 2010] : (19) Helena: ooc All you've done was admire your new shield. Wasn't that restful?
[Wed Jan 6 22:37:55 2010] : (19) Helena: "Let's take the backdoor and head to the inn"
[Wed Jan 6 22:38:27 2010] : (17) Zotin: "Yes. Then I can have a look at these papers. I think I know a way to read them"
[Wed Jan 6 22:38:55 2010] : (19) Helena: "Was my idea helpful?"
[Wed Jan 6 22:39:08 2010] : (19) Helena: Helena goes to open the exit door
[Wed Jan 6 22:39:43 2010] : (18) DM: The alley is narrow and stacked with rubbish and old decaying cabbages but is clear of anyone.
[Wed Jan 6 22:39:59 2010] : (17) Zotin: "The scrap of paper is meaningless to me, but I think I will be able to read the other encoded papers"
[Wed Jan 6 22:40:50 2010] : (18) DM: Heading back to the Barrel?
[Wed Jan 6 22:40:57 2010] : (19) Helena: Yes
[Wed Jan 6 22:41:11 2010] : (18) DM: GAME END