Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / On the Great River II - 25 November 2009

[Wed Nov 25 19:30:55 2009] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Wed Nov 25 19:30:57 2009] : (4) Barnabas: Sorry was around, but missed the question if everyone was ready
[Wed Nov 25 19:31:57 2009] : (1) DM: You've recovered the third silver cup from beneath the goblin village and its undead pirate guardians. What are you going to do next?
[Wed Nov 25 19:32:29 2009] : (4) Barnabas: ooc is this the extent of the caves?
[Wed Nov 25 19:32:55 2009] : (4) Barnabas: i.e. did we solve the goblin's problem?
[Wed Nov 25 19:33:02 2009] : (1) DM: You've explored all the caves.
[Wed Nov 25 19:33:45 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "OK, so hide the cup, then back upstairs to tell the goblins that things are resolved?"
[Wed Nov 25 19:33:47 2009] : (2) Helena: "Want to find out where the treasure is?"
[Wed Nov 25 19:33:51 2009] : (5) Zotin: "Have we any more reason to stay down here? If not I'd like to get outside"
[Wed Nov 25 19:34:17 2009] : (1) DM: As for the goblins' problem, how can you know if you've solved it if you don't know the cause?
[Wed Nov 25 19:34:22 2009] : (2) Helena: "Sure, a bit of fresh air might be nice"
[Wed Nov 25 19:34:47 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "You mean you don't like putrid corpses?"
[Wed Nov 25 19:35:05 2009] : (5) Zotin: "Not on an empty stomach"
[Wed Nov 25 19:35:27 2009] : (3) Elora: Elora smiles
[Wed Nov 25 19:35:29 2009] : (3) Elora: "ditto"
[Wed Nov 25 19:35:30 2009] : (2) Helena: "Should have eaten first then"
[Wed Nov 25 19:37:28 2009] : (5) Zotin: "So, shall we leave?"
[Wed Nov 25 19:37:30 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena walks off, back to the surface
[Wed Nov 25 19:38:09 2009] : (5) Zotin: Zotin follows
[Wed Nov 25 19:38:20 2009] : (1) DM: You head out, wading through the foul, contaminated water, past the goblins' contaminated well (hint, hint) and soon you're inside the main hall of the keep. The goblin leader is there.
[Wed Nov 25 19:38:27 2009] : (1) DM: ooc and I've forgotten his name.
[Wed Nov 25 19:38:55 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "Phew, the water down there is pretty putrid!"
[Wed Nov 25 19:39:10 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc I love those subtle hints
[Wed Nov 25 19:39:56 2009] : (2) Helena: "Putrid enought to make you real sick, if you even dare drink it"
[Wed Nov 25 19:40:04 2009] : (1) DM: ooc And my notes don't have the name. useless.
[Wed Nov 25 19:40:51 2009] : (1) Firrac: "You have returned, did you find the killer?"
[Wed Nov 25 19:40:55 2009] : (4) Barnabas: ooc was it Dave, or Mick?
[Wed Nov 25 19:41:47 2009] : (2) Helena: "We found some corpses and some real bad water. Has anybody been drinking that?"
[Wed Nov 25 19:42:11 2009] : (1) Firrac: "We only use the water from the well."
[Wed Nov 25 19:42:29 2009] : (3) Elora: ooc Firrac
[Wed Nov 25 19:42:53 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "But the well goes down into the ground where the tunnels below are?"
[Wed Nov 25 19:43:31 2009] : (1) Firrac: "Yes, but we goblins are too tough to be killed by bad water."
[Wed Nov 25 19:44:00 2009] : (2) Helena: "Putrid corpses make water worse than just bad, it makes it deadly"
[Wed Nov 25 19:44:33 2009] : (3) Elora: "even for tough creatures like yourselves, or even dwarves"
[Wed Nov 25 19:45:55 2009] : (2) Helena: "Why not clean up and see what happens? We've taken care of the other dangers below, it's safe to venture there"
[Wed Nov 25 19:46:26 2009] : (1) Firrac: "Very well. My thanks if that is silent killer."
[Wed Nov 25 19:46:28 2009] : (5) Zotin: "No sense drinking filthy water if you dont have to"
[Wed Nov 25 19:46:37 2009] : (3) Elora: ""I'd suggest you go and clean out the bodies, and wait a few weeks till the water has cleaned itself with time and rain. Use another well in the meantime, would be my advice"
[Wed Nov 25 19:47:39 2009] : (1) Firrac: "Okay. I hope you are correct as our tribe cannot afford more deaths."
[Wed Nov 25 19:47:48 2009] : (1) Firrac: "Was there anything else you wanted?"
[Wed Nov 25 19:48:02 2009] : (2) Helena: "What do you have to offer?"
[Wed Nov 25 19:50:10 2009] : (1) Firrac: "You may have these silver coins as payment." (he hands over a leather bag containing 250 sp).
[Wed Nov 25 19:50:40 2009] : (1) Firrac: "If you have found the killer then return for a reward."
[Wed Nov 25 19:51:03 2009] : (2) Helena: "We have found all there was to find underground"
[Wed Nov 25 19:52:13 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "Until the deaths stop by you following our advice, I guess we have no other way of provingt that the water was the problem."
[Wed Nov 25 19:53:07 2009] : (1) Firrac: "You may rest in the guest chambers until dawn. Good night"
[Wed Nov 25 19:53:11 2009] : (2) Helena: "So, what kind of provisions do we need?"
[Wed Nov 25 19:53:11 2009] : (5) Zotin: "There were several... things underground that we believe were contiminating the water"
[Wed Nov 25 19:53:13 2009] : (3) Elora: "Good night"
[Wed Nov 25 19:53:14 2009] : (1) Firrac: Firrac heads off to his bed.
[Wed Nov 25 19:54:10 2009] : (5) Zotin: "Lets have a rest then"
[Wed Nov 25 19:54:30 2009] : (5) Zotin: "Its been quite a day"
[Wed Nov 25 19:54:38 2009] : (1) Firrac: ooc 37 XP for helpig the goblins.
[Wed Nov 25 19:56:18 2009] : (1) DM: What's the plan for the next day?
[Wed Nov 25 19:56:29 2009] : (4) Barnabas: ooc 3656 total?
[Wed Nov 25 19:56:33 2009] : (3) Elora: ooc getting the last cup
[Wed Nov 25 19:56:42 2009] : (3) Elora: ooc are we levelled up yet?
[Wed Nov 25 19:57:09 2009] : (1) DM: ooc I don't think so.
[Wed Nov 25 19:57:22 2009] : (4) Barnabas: ooc @3750 I think
[Wed Nov 25 19:57:59 2009] : (4) Barnabas: ooc = 1000 + 1250 + 1500
[Wed Nov 25 19:58:27 2009] : (5) Zotin: ooc yep
[Wed Nov 25 19:59:35 2009] : (1) DM: The maps and the cups next point of interest is a point on the nearby island if Kirove. There is a large town of Rozdolny on the island and smaller villages on the shores.
[Wed Nov 25 20:00:02 2009] : (5) Zotin: ooc I guess thats our next port of call
[Wed Nov 25 20:00:47 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena taps Kirove on the map
[Wed Nov 25 20:00:58 2009] : (2) Helena: "Going there after we've rested?"
[Wed Nov 25 20:01:22 2009] : (5) Zotin: "Looks like it"
[Wed Nov 25 20:02:24 2009] : (2) Helena: "What provisions do we need?"
[Wed Nov 25 20:02:45 2009] : (1) DM: It's only a days sail to the town.
[Wed Nov 25 20:03:29 2009] : (3) Elora: "I don't think it's that far, we probably don't need more than what we already have"
[Wed Nov 25 20:03:32 2009] : (3) Elora: "Let us sail"
[Wed Nov 25 20:03:42 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "Lets just rest and talk about it in the morning"
[Wed Nov 25 20:03:47 2009] : (1) DM: ooc brb. thirsty.
[Wed Nov 25 20:05:59 2009] : (1) DM: The next day is fine, light breeze from the east and broken cloud.
[Wed Nov 25 20:06:21 2009] : (5) Zotin: "Fine day for a sailing trip"
[Wed Nov 25 20:08:10 2009] : (2) Helena: "Let's hunt us some treasure"
[Wed Nov 25 20:08:12 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "Let's go then"
[Wed Nov 25 20:08:30 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena goes to the boat
[Wed Nov 25 20:08:31 2009] : (4) Barnabas: ooc did anyone note the silver down, or the stuff from 2 weeks ago??
[Wed Nov 25 20:08:44 2009] : (5) Zotin: ooc not me
[Wed Nov 25 20:09:00 2009] : (4) Barnabas: ooc or are we sharing the SP straight away?
[Wed Nov 25 20:09:01 2009] : (5) Zotin: Zotin heads to the boat
[Wed Nov 25 20:09:17 2009] : (1) DM: ooc I've been somewhat lax in updating the wiki. I blame Dragon Age.
[Wed Nov 25 20:10:14 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc We shared all other money before, didn't we?
[Wed Nov 25 20:10:17 2009] : (5) Zotin: ooc gah, have to wait a month before I get to play that :(
[Wed Nov 25 20:10:35 2009] : (1) DM: You set sail for Rozdolny, the goblin's on the wharf helping you cast off.
[Wed Nov 25 20:10:46 2009] : (4) Barnabas: ooc why Bert?.. never mind!
[Wed Nov 25 20:11:23 2009] : (4) Barnabas: ooc so 62.5 sp each?
[Wed Nov 25 20:11:33 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc Yep
[Wed Nov 25 20:11:37 2009] : (3) Elora: ooc I have so not kept track of any money :(
[Wed Nov 25 20:11:50 2009] : (1) DM: The trip is pleasant, the breeze is even and the waves are small and after about 8 hours you near the port town of Rozdolny.
[Wed Nov 25 20:12:56 2009] : (1) DM: This is by far the largest town you've been to so far. There is a impressive squat, square keep looming over the docks and there are a couple of temples within the town walls.
[Wed Nov 25 20:13:29 2009] : (4) Barnabas: ooc I had 82.3 gp at the start of level 2, I now have 191.85 so we gained about 109 gp since the game at the meet by my records
[Wed Nov 25 20:13:41 2009] : (1) DM: But what catches your interest is the ruins on a hill inland and a short distance away from the town walls.
[Wed Nov 25 20:13:59 2009] : (1) DM: The architecture is now familar to you. Is this where the map is leading you?
[Wed Nov 25 20:14:27 2009] : (4) Barnabas: ooc no idea DM, is it?
[Wed Nov 25 20:14:37 2009] : (5) Zotin: oco I've not got even close to that and I dont think I've spent much
[Wed Nov 25 20:15:28 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena compares what she sees to the map
[Wed Nov 25 20:16:05 2009] : (4) Barnabas: ooc oops I miscalculated and added 62.5 GP instead of SP!
[Wed Nov 25 20:16:25 2009] : (3) Elora: ooc thx Craig
[Wed Nov 25 20:16:39 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc That happens
[Wed Nov 25 20:16:56 2009] : (4) Barnabas: ooc 135.55 is what I have!
[Wed Nov 25 20:17:08 2009] : (1) DM: The scale of the map doesn't allow you to pin point exactly where you need to search. It's somewhere in or near Rozdolny though.
[Wed Nov 25 20:17:18 2009] : (4) Barnabas: ooc so 53.25 GP since level 2 started
[Wed Nov 25 20:17:26 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc I have 118.25
[Wed Nov 25 20:18:16 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "What's the odds that the cup is in those ruins?"
[Wed Nov 25 20:18:49 2009] : (2) Helena: "I'd think fair to high"
[Wed Nov 25 20:19:26 2009] : (5) Zotin: "Do you think it'd be a good idea to ask around first?"
[Wed Nov 25 20:19:49 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "Yeah, let's not just charge over there"
[Wed Nov 25 20:20:36 2009] : (1) DM: Where are you going to land your boat?
[Wed Nov 25 20:20:56 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc At thd docks
[Wed Nov 25 20:22:40 2009] : (1) DM: As you sail towards a free spot on the dock side you notice that there's not much activity. There are 5 ships ship moored up but there's no one loading and unloading. Just a few sailors are at work on the ships, mending sails or riggings or other maintainance.
[Wed Nov 25 20:23:45 2009] : (5) Zotin: "Thats odd"
[Wed Nov 25 20:23:50 2009] : (1) DM: You nose your craft in and and and older sailor looks across at you and waves.
[Wed Nov 25 20:24:02 2009] : (2) Helena: "A port town this quiet? Weird"
[Wed Nov 25 20:24:15 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena waves back
[Wed Nov 25 20:25:22 2009] : (1) Daryna: "Best turn back", she says. "You won't do much trading here."
[Wed Nov 25 20:25:40 2009] : (5) Zotin: "How come?"
[Wed Nov 25 20:25:57 2009] : (4) Barnabas: ooc just checked the wiki and we should have 760 GP in coins between us up to the fight vs Draximazix, not including valuable items such as gems
[Wed Nov 25 20:25:59 2009] : (1) Daryna: "'cos of the feud."
[Wed Nov 25 20:26:18 2009] : (2) Helena: "Feud?"
[Wed Nov 25 20:26:21 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "feud?"
[Wed Nov 25 20:27:09 2009] : (1) Daryna: "Guild members are feuding with people loyal to the lord. Nonsense I call it. The wind blows and the fish swim no matter what they do."
[Wed Nov 25 20:27:21 2009] : (1) Daryna: She helps you tie up your boat.
[Wed Nov 25 20:27:42 2009] : (1) Daryna: "Daryna's the name."
[Wed Nov 25 20:27:58 2009] : (2) Helena: "I'm Helena. Nice to meet you"
[Wed Nov 25 20:28:17 2009] : (5) Zotin: "Hi, I'm Zotin"
[Wed Nov 25 20:28:30 2009] : (4) Barnabas: ooc and another 850 GP in valuable items
[Wed Nov 25 20:28:43 2009] : (1) Daryna: Daryna nods.
[Wed Nov 25 20:29:31 2009] : (1) Daryna: "You don't have the look of traders about you. Adventuring types are you?"
[Wed Nov 25 20:29:45 2009] : (5) Zotin: "Could be"
[Wed Nov 25 20:29:58 2009] : (2) Helena: "We've been called that"
[Wed Nov 25 20:30:00 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "What's the cause of the feuding?"
[Wed Nov 25 20:32:01 2009] : (1) Daryna: "It's not entirely clear. A raid by the lord's men on a leading guild member sparked it off."
[Wed Nov 25 20:32:29 2009] : (5) Zotin: "Why did they raid them?"
[Wed Nov 25 20:33:06 2009] : (1) Daryna: "The lord claims the guild is smuggling poisons and other illegal sustances but the guild claims that's all a cover."
[Wed Nov 25 20:33:15 2009] : (2) Helena: "Why would the lord attack a guild member? Doesn't sound like a good idea"
[Wed Nov 25 20:33:46 2009] : (1) Daryna: "Bogus charges will give an excuse to curtail the guilds powers they say."
[Wed Nov 25 20:34:24 2009] : (1) Daryna: "It's not clear to me who has the right of it."
[Wed Nov 25 20:34:43 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "What sort of guild is this?"
[Wed Nov 25 20:34:57 2009] : (1) Daryna: "If you're interested I'd heard the lord and the guildmistress was looking for folks like yourselfs to help out."
[Wed Nov 25 20:34:58 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "I can understand if this is a thieves guild or something"
[Wed Nov 25 20:35:33 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "Spreading crime, and encouraging thefts and burglary"
[Wed Nov 25 20:35:37 2009] : (1) Daryna: "It's the Merchant's guild. All the powerful and rich ship owners and merchants and money lenders are members."
[Wed Nov 25 20:35:52 2009] : (2) Helena: "So there is something left they can agree on? At least that's good to hear"
[Wed Nov 25 20:36:07 2009] : (1) Daryna: "Like I said, the Lord claims its all a front for nefarious activities."
[Wed Nov 25 20:37:50 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "I guess we could do worse than to earn some cash helping out"
[Wed Nov 25 20:38:20 2009] : (2) Helena: "Or both parties are sincere and somebody's trying to set them against eachother"
[Wed Nov 25 20:38:22 2009] : (5) Zotin: "Maybe an outside party can get to the bottom of it"
[Wed Nov 25 20:39:46 2009] : (5) Zotin: ooc brb
[Wed Nov 25 20:39:51 2009] : (1) Daryna: Daryna returns to her repairs.
[Wed Nov 25 20:40:02 2009] : (2) Helena: "Maybe. We can check what it's worth to them"
[Wed Nov 25 20:41:19 2009] : (2) Helena: "Where to now? The ruins?"
[Wed Nov 25 20:42:20 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "No, Lik Zotin said, we should at least get our bearings first"
[Wed Nov 25 20:42:50 2009] : (2) Helena: "How do you propose we do that?"
[Wed Nov 25 20:43:21 2009] : (3) Elora: ooc sorry, mum on phone. Back now
[Wed Nov 25 20:43:43 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "Ask around?"
[Wed Nov 25 20:44:08 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "It's not like we're on a tight schedule to get this cup anyway"
[Wed Nov 25 20:44:37 2009] : (3) Elora: "Agreed, especially since we have no idea what thaving all three is going to bring us"
[Wed Nov 25 20:44:41 2009] : (5) Zotin: ooc back
[Wed Nov 25 20:44:56 2009] : (3) Elora: "How about we try to get at the bottom of this guild/lord feud? Or at least understand it better?"
[Wed Nov 25 20:45:00 2009] : (5) Zotin: "Could be riches, power or death"
[Wed Nov 25 20:45:09 2009] : (3) Elora: "An Inn might do as first stop, gossip and all"
[Wed Nov 25 20:45:23 2009] : (2) Helena: "And some wine"
[Wed Nov 25 20:46:16 2009] : (3) Elora: "Does one really go without the other?"
[Wed Nov 25 20:46:23 2009] : (3) Elora: Elora smiles
[Wed Nov 25 20:46:42 2009] : (3) Elora: Elora walks back to Daryna
[Wed Nov 25 20:46:56 2009] : (2) Helena: "To get information it pays to buy wine, even if just for the person you're talking to"
[Wed Nov 25 20:46:58 2009] : (3) Elora: "Daryne, sorry to disturb, what Inn would you recomend for weary travellers?"
[Wed Nov 25 20:47:38 2009] : (1) Daryna: "What would depend, given the current situation what sort of folks do you want to share your inn with?"
[Wed Nov 25 20:48:06 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "Talkative pacificsts"
[Wed Nov 25 20:48:09 2009] : (2) Helena: "Honest ones"
[Wed Nov 25 20:48:38 2009] : (1) Daryna: "There's the Crown and Axe where the town guard likes to drink, the White Rose where the wealthy folk like to play chess and drink expensive wines."
[Wed Nov 25 20:49:42 2009] : (2) Helena: "If I have to choose between guards and rich folks, I go for the honest workers"
[Wed Nov 25 20:49:58 2009] : (1) Daryna: "The Pipe and Grog is best avoided unless you like a fight with dockers."
[Wed Nov 25 20:50:35 2009] : (1) Daryna: "I'd go for the Wheel and Barrel, that's where all the tradesfolk go."
[Wed Nov 25 20:50:51 2009] : (2) Helena: "A bit rough, are they?"
[Wed Nov 25 20:51:19 2009] : (1) Daryna: She laughs "You know what us dockers can get like!"
[Wed Nov 25 20:51:37 2009] : (2) Helena: "Wheel and Barrel it is then. Will we see you there, to buy you a round?"
[Wed Nov 25 20:52:18 2009] : (1) Daryna: "I might stop by."
[Wed Nov 25 20:52:54 2009] : (2) Helena: "Thank you for your help. I do hope to see you later"
[Wed Nov 25 20:55:28 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena walks off toward the Wheel and Barrel
[Wed Nov 25 20:56:08 2009] : (3) Elora: Elora follows
[Wed Nov 25 20:56:19 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "Umm, where is this pub?"
[Wed Nov 25 20:56:21 2009] : (1) Daryna: The Wheel and Barrel (called simply by the locals as "The Barrel") is on the main street of shops.
[Wed Nov 25 20:57:03 2009] : (1) DM: At this time of day, the shopkeepers and tradesmen and just closing up shop and heading home or to the tavern.
[Wed Nov 25 20:57:55 2009] : (5) Zotin: "All this sea air has given me a thirst"
[Wed Nov 25 20:58:33 2009] : (1) DM: On the way you near two of the town guard standing near the end of alleyway. One of the them ducks as a dagger flies out of the alleyway.
[Wed Nov 25 20:59:21 2009] : (1) Town guardsman: "Damn you thieving brigands!" he shouts has he takes cover.
[Wed Nov 25 20:59:34 2009] : (5) Zotin: "What the?"
[Wed Nov 25 20:59:48 2009] : (1) Town guardsman: "You there", he says shouting at you. "Lend a hand and help us capture these thieves!"
[Wed Nov 25 21:00:31 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc We're being volunteered? LOL
[Wed Nov 25 21:00:35 2009] : (1) Guardsman: Another shout soon follows from inside the alleyway.
[Wed Nov 25 21:00:55 2009] : (5) Zotin: Zotin rushes towards the guards position
[Wed Nov 25 21:00:58 2009] : (1) Guildmember: "Thugs! Brigands!"
[Wed Nov 25 21:01:10 2009] : (4) Barnabas: Barnabas follows Zotin
[Wed Nov 25 21:01:13 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena gets her bow ready and goes towards the alley
[Wed Nov 25 21:01:23 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "Have at you!"
[Wed Nov 25 21:01:27 2009] : (1) Guildmember: "Your uniform does give you the right to attack use just for being guild members!"
[Wed Nov 25 21:01:33 2009] : (1) Guildmember: *does not
[Wed Nov 25 21:02:23 2009] : (1) DM: What are you going to do? Stand aside, help the town guard or help the pinned down guild members?"
[Wed Nov 25 21:03:51 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "This sounds like one of your internal matters to me"
[Wed Nov 25 21:03:59 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "What have these men done?"
[Wed Nov 25 21:04:01 2009] : (3) Elora: "I'm not getting into this, or only to separate them"
[Wed Nov 25 21:04:33 2009] : (2) Helena: "How about some live and let live?"
[Wed Nov 25 21:04:54 2009] : (1) Guardsman: ooc are you talking to the guardsman, Barnabas?
[Wed Nov 25 21:04:59 2009] : (3) Elora: ooc I'm not understanding where the guild members are
[Wed Nov 25 21:05:10 2009] : (3) Elora: ooc in the alleyway, but they're free, right? Just cornered?
[Wed Nov 25 21:05:18 2009] : (4) Barnabas: ooc yes
[Wed Nov 25 21:06:26 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc I see they're all labelled as enemies :)
[Wed Nov 25 21:06:54 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena takes a peek around the corner
[Wed Nov 25 21:07:11 2009] : (5) Zotin: ooc sorry, sneezed with a mouthful of crisps and I'm still coughing them up
[Wed Nov 25 21:07:31 2009] : (3) Elora: ooc, how do I get the names out again?
[Wed Nov 25 21:07:31 2009] : (1) Guardsman: The guildmembers are hidden behind some crates and barrels inside the alley and the guardsmen are talking cover behind the buildings on the main street.
[Wed Nov 25 21:07:44 2009] : (1) Guardsman: ooc right click menu.
[Wed Nov 25 21:08:12 2009] : (4) Barnabas: ooc my yes was to the DM, not Elora BTW
[Wed Nov 25 21:08:57 2009] : (1) Guardsman: "I tried to stop and search the two thieves and they just ran. Obviously guilty."
[Wed Nov 25 21:09:08 2009] : (2) Helena: "Or afraid"
[Wed Nov 25 21:09:16 2009] : (3) Elora: "Right, how about we try and resolve this peacefully?"
[Wed Nov 25 21:09:30 2009] : (3) Elora: Elora has her axe in hand
[Wed Nov 25 21:09:46 2009] : (1) Guardsman: ooc lol
[Wed Nov 25 21:09:51 2009] : (3) Elora: "I'll go into the alleyway and see what they have to say. Before you go and all kill each other"
[Wed Nov 25 21:09:53 2009] : (3) Elora: ooc :D
[Wed Nov 25 21:10:35 2009] : (3) Elora: "Elora shouts to the people in the alleyway
[Wed Nov 25 21:10:39 2009] : (1) Guardsman: The guard shrugs "It's your eye that'll get skewered."
[Wed Nov 25 21:10:52 2009] : (3) Elora: "I'm coming through, don't shoot, I'm not one of the guards"
[Wed Nov 25 21:11:04 2009] : (3) Elora: Elora walks into the alleyway
[Wed Nov 25 21:11:05 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "Want me to come with you?"
[Wed Nov 25 21:11:16 2009] : (3) Elora: "Can't hurt"
[Wed Nov 25 21:11:16 2009] : (2) Helena: "I've got you covered, Elora, go for it"
[Wed Nov 25 21:11:25 2009] : (1) Guildmember: A man pokes up from behind a crate.
[Wed Nov 25 21:11:35 2009] : (3) Elora: Elora holds her axe in hand and smiles
[Wed Nov 25 21:11:35 2009] : (4) Barnabas: Barnabas follows 10 feet behind
[Wed Nov 25 21:11:47 2009] : (5) Zotin: "I'll hang back a little"
[Wed Nov 25 21:12:00 2009] : (1) Guildmember: "Right, with your help we can charge these uniformed thugs and flee."
[Wed Nov 25 21:12:00 2009] : (3) Elora: "Hi, we're foreign and just came in, we'd like to go get a beer, so I think trying to resolve this matter peacefully might help us enjoy it"
[Wed Nov 25 21:12:03 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena shows herself and her bow
[Wed Nov 25 21:12:05 2009] : (3) Elora: "Why did you guys run away?"
[Wed Nov 25 21:12:28 2009] : (3) Elora: "no no no. We're not taking sides here"
[Wed Nov 25 21:12:52 2009] : (3) Elora: "Or if we are, it will be our own"
[Wed Nov 25 21:12:52 2009] : (1) Guildmember: "The last member who was arrested on false charges is still in the dungeons. I hear he's being tortured."
[Wed Nov 25 21:13:08 2009] : (3) Elora: "OK, so fear of getting arrested on unsound grounds?"
[Wed Nov 25 21:13:22 2009] : (3) Elora: Elora shouts back to the guards
[Wed Nov 25 21:13:33 2009] : (3) Elora: "Why did you want to search them in the first place?"
[Wed Nov 25 21:13:59 2009] : (1) Guardsman: "Routine stop and search, commander's orders."
[Wed Nov 25 21:14:37 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "And what are you looking for?"
[Wed Nov 25 21:14:42 2009] : (3) Elora: To the guildmembers: "OK, how about you let them search you, if you don't have anything to hide? We'll ensure that all is done in a regular way"
[Wed Nov 25 21:14:52 2009] : (3) Elora: ooc yeah, that too ;)
[Wed Nov 25 21:15:30 2009] : (1) Guardsman: (to Barnabas) "Poisons."
[Wed Nov 25 21:15:43 2009] : (5) Zotin: Zotin looks annoyed at the idea of routine stop and search
[Wed Nov 25 21:15:58 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "And you're able to distinguish say, a potion from a poison?"
[Wed Nov 25 21:16:21 2009] : (1) Guildmember: The guild member shows the contents of this pockets to Elora, "See we're just carrying some papers."
[Wed Nov 25 21:16:39 2009] : (3) Elora: "Good. Then let us just show them that, and go on to our beers"
[Wed Nov 25 21:17:03 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "I don't see how you can objectively do so without many years of alchemical skill. Are either of you skilled alchemists?"
[Wed Nov 25 21:17:43 2009] : (1) Guardsman: "Eveything gets tested by our alchemist."
[Wed Nov 25 21:18:01 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "So your orders are to confiscate everything?"
[Wed Nov 25 21:18:03 2009] : (3) Elora: "Well, you do agree that papers aren't poison, right?"
[Wed Nov 25 21:18:27 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "Wow, sucks to live here"
[Wed Nov 25 21:18:45 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena smirks as she listens to Elora
[Wed Nov 25 21:18:56 2009] : (1) Guardsman: (grudgingly) "Yeah, I guess if they're only carrying papers we can't arrest them."
[Wed Nov 25 21:19:16 2009] : (5) Zotin: "Agreed Barnabas. This looked like a civilised place."
[Wed Nov 25 21:20:04 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "And I don't envy you your jobs. Everyone must distrust the guards with such a policy"
[Wed Nov 25 21:20:11 2009] : (3) Elora: "Good"
[Wed Nov 25 21:20:25 2009] : (3) Elora: "Can we all go and drink peacefully?"
[Wed Nov 25 21:20:56 2009] : (2) Helena: "You guys better get out of there while you can and we're still here"
[Wed Nov 25 21:21:00 2009] : (3) Elora: "Barnabas, these guards only do their job, it might suck to be them as well"
[Wed Nov 25 21:21:15 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "That was entirely my point Elora"
[Wed Nov 25 21:21:17 2009] : (3) Elora: ooc sorry, misread you, that's exactly what you said :)
[Wed Nov 25 21:21:31 2009] : (1) DM: The guildmembers show they're just carrying papers although they're careful to not let the guards get a good look at them.
[Wed Nov 25 21:22:14 2009] : (3) Elora: "OK, go along, go along"
[Wed Nov 25 21:22:32 2009] : (3) Elora: Elora motions the guildmembers out of the allyway, keeping an eye on the guards
[Wed Nov 25 21:22:43 2009] : (1) DM: The guards let them go and they hurry off.
[Wed Nov 25 21:22:47 2009] : (3) Elora: "I am definitely going for a beer"
[Wed Nov 25 21:23:01 2009] : (2) Helena: "Yeah, I could use a drink myself"
[Wed Nov 25 21:23:02 2009] : ** No match found
[Wed Nov 25 21:23:03 2009] : (5) Zotin: "Best idea yet"
[Wed Nov 25 21:23:13 2009] : (1) Guardsman: "Huh. Well, thanks for your help I guess. At least no one got hurt."
[Wed Nov 25 21:23:26 2009] : (1) Guardsman: They return to their patrol.
[Wed Nov 25 21:23:43 2009] : (1) DM: ooc 150 XP each.
[Wed Nov 25 21:24:21 2009] : (4) Barnabas: ooc Ka-CHING!
[Wed Nov 25 21:24:22 2009] : (5) Zotin: "Thats all we wanted"
[Wed Nov 25 21:24:38 2009] : (4) Barnabas has sent you a tree node...
[Wed Nov 25 21:25:34 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc How much xp are we at?
[Wed Nov 25 21:26:21 2009] : (1) DM: The Barrel is two door along and inside it's beginning to fill up with the townfolk.
[Wed Nov 25 21:26:54 2009] : (4) Barnabas: ooc 3806
[Wed Nov 25 21:28:28 2009] : (5) Zotin: "Lets get a seat while there is room"
[Wed Nov 25 21:30:34 2009] : (4) Barnabas: Barnabas looks for a seat then sits
[Wed Nov 25 21:30:53 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena joins him
[Wed Nov 25 21:31:25 2009] : (1) DM: Over the course of the evening you gather some useful information and get a general opinion of the locals.
[Wed Nov 25 21:31:31 2009] : (3) Elora: Elora goes straight to the bar
[Wed Nov 25 21:32:55 2009] : (1) DM: It all started two month ago with the unexpected deaths of two leading money lenders. Lord Varlam Denis ordered an investigation and turned up evidence of poison and hints that a foreign assassin was involved.
[Wed Nov 25 21:34:10 2009] : (1) DM: The Lord's attempts to access accounting information held by the Merchant's guild was denied by their leader, Isidora Vira with accusations that Lord Varlam was really looking for signs of tax evasion.
[Wed Nov 25 21:35:06 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "There are two inevitabilities in life. Death and taxes."
[Wed Nov 25 21:35:33 2009] : (2) Helena: "And some day we might be able to conquer death"
[Wed Nov 25 21:35:33 2009] : (1) DM: An old law allows the guild to have almost complete autonomy on its financies and the leading guild members claim this is why the town is so properous and rulers should not meddle.
[Wed Nov 25 21:36:44 2009] : (1) DM: The general opinion is that the Lord's crackdown on guild activities is heavy handed but most people also think the guild is too secretive and is hiding something. Whether its simple tax fraud or something darker no one has any real idea.
[Wed Nov 25 21:38:00 2009] : (1) DM: What is clear is that neither side is willing to negotiate or compromise at this point.
[Wed Nov 25 21:38:04 2009] : (2) Helena: [1d12] => [12] = (12)
[Wed Nov 25 21:38:10 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc Oops
[Wed Nov 25 21:38:43 2009] : (2) Helena: "Hmm, what do you all think?"
[Wed Nov 25 21:39:01 2009] : (3) Elora: "Well, the papers I saw in the guildmembers' hands were certainly coded papers"
[Wed Nov 25 21:39:18 2009] : (3) Elora: "Which would stregthen the idea that they have something to hide"
[Wed Nov 25 21:40:02 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "Or they have information that is confidential. Your suggestion is just a guess."
[Wed Nov 25 21:40:11 2009] : (2) Helena: "But assassination through poison? That's pretty drastic"
[Wed Nov 25 21:40:16 2009] : (5) Zotin: "Everyone has something to hide"
[Wed Nov 25 21:40:23 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "Many organisations use coded messages"
[Wed Nov 25 21:41:03 2009] : (3) Elora: "Yes of course, it's just a guess"
[Wed Nov 25 21:41:32 2009] : (3) Elora: "I'm not trying to pinpoint blame here"
[Wed Nov 25 21:42:17 2009] : (2) Helena: "Let's try to not have preconceptions, they hinder an investigation"
[Wed Nov 25 21:43:59 2009] : (2) Helena: "Want to figure out the truth?"
[Wed Nov 25 21:45:49 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "If both sides are looking to end the deadlock, we need to see if we can help"
[Wed Nov 25 21:46:02 2009] : (4) Barnabas: "And what the pay is, of course"
[Wed Nov 25 21:46:43 2009] : (2) Helena: "Of course"
[Wed Nov 25 21:47:45 2009] : (1) DM: GAME END