Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / On the Great River II - 28 October 2009

[Wed Oct 28 19:44:13 2009] : (11) DM: GAME START
[Wed Oct 28 19:44:59 2009] : (11) DM: After retrieving the 2nd cup you exit the tower cellers into fresh, clean air outside. What next?
[Wed Oct 28 19:45:21 2009] : (12) Elora: "Well, if there was a second cup, there probably is a third one? On the thrid island?"
[Wed Oct 28 19:45:29 2009] : (12) Elora: "Or am I understanding that wrongly?"
[Wed Oct 28 19:46:35 2009] : (14) Helena: "It would not surprise me at all. I just wonder what the secret of those cups could be."
[Wed Oct 28 19:46:36 2009] : (13) Zotin: "Sounds plausible"
[Wed Oct 28 19:48:35 2009] : (11) DM: ooc this inaction really must stop. It's boring.
[Wed Oct 28 19:49:01 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "Hold on a second, what about the chap upstairs?"
[Wed Oct 28 19:49:09 2009] : (13) Zotin: ooc see this is where Adrin kept things going :)
[Wed Oct 28 19:49:41 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "Weren't we going to help him?"
[Wed Oct 28 19:49:46 2009] : (14) Helena: "Yes, I'll run up and see if he's deader now"
[Wed Oct 28 19:49:53 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "Release him or whatever"
[Wed Oct 28 19:50:06 2009] : (13) Zotin: "I worries about that. What happens when he's released?"
[Wed Oct 28 19:50:10 2009] : (14) Helena: Helena goes in and walks up the stairs
[Wed Oct 28 19:50:40 2009] : (11) DM: At the top of the tower the skeletal figure is still there
[Wed Oct 28 19:51:02 2009] : (14) Helena: "Hello"
[Wed Oct 28 19:51:13 2009] : (11) The Watcher: "You... returned?"
[Wed Oct 28 19:51:32 2009] : (14) Helena: Helena stays at the stairs, she doesn't go up to the skeleton
[Wed Oct 28 19:52:03 2009] : (14) Helena: "Yes, I've returned. We've retrieved the cup and will be leaving now. Your vigil is over"
[Wed Oct 28 19:52:26 2009] : (11) The Watcher: "I have... failed then...", rasps the skeleton.
[Wed Oct 28 19:53:02 2009] : (11) The Watcher: "But now... Black Ivan's curse... it can hold me here no longer."
[Wed Oct 28 19:53:08 2009] : (14) Helena: "You can rest now"
[Wed Oct 28 19:54:20 2009] : (13) Zotin: Zotin waits for Helena to return
[Wed Oct 28 19:54:23 2009] : (11) DM: With those final words the skeleton crumbles to dust, bones and ancient clothes falling the ground in bits and tatters. Soon all that is left is a pile of dust and a pair of fine looking boots.
[Wed Oct 28 19:54:46 2009] : (14) Helena: Helena picks up the boots and goes downstairs again
[Wed Oct 28 19:55:28 2009] : (14) Helena: "The watcher has gone now, this is all he left behind. And does anybody know about someone called Black Ivan?"
[Wed Oct 28 19:55:36 2009] : (11) DM: The boots have exceptionally grippy soles (they're boots of spider climbing).
[Wed Oct 28 19:55:47 2009] : (13) Zotin: History: [1d20+7] => [13,7] = (20)
[Wed Oct 28 19:55:59 2009] : (13) Zotin: ooc trying to recall hearing of a Black Ivan
[Wed Oct 28 19:56:32 2009] : (10) Barnabas: History: [1d20+2+1+5] => [19,2,1,5] = (27)
[Wed Oct 28 19:57:02 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "Black Ivan. Hmm..."
[Wed Oct 28 19:57:24 2009] : (12) Elora: ooc is History a skill?
[Wed Oct 28 19:57:30 2009] : (12) Elora: ooc I don't have it o.O
[Wed Oct 28 19:57:42 2009] : (13) Zotin: ooc right below Heal
[Wed Oct 28 19:58:06 2009] : (12) Elora: ooc as I said, don't have it!
[Wed Oct 28 19:58:07 2009] : (12) Elora: lol
[Wed Oct 28 19:58:20 2009] : (13) Zotin: Zotin smiles as he remembers something
[Wed Oct 28 19:58:26 2009] : (14) Helena: History: [1d20+0+2] => [7,0,2] = (9)
[Wed Oct 28 19:59:01 2009] : (14) Helena: Helena examines the boots
[Wed Oct 28 19:59:13 2009] : (14) Helena: "These might come in handy"
[Wed Oct 28 19:59:14 2009] : (12) Elora: ooc History is what ability?
[Wed Oct 28 19:59:19 2009] : (13) Zotin: "I seem to recall reading about a Pirate of that name. Rumour has it he stashed some of his wealth around these islands"
[Wed Oct 28 19:59:28 2009] : (10) Barnabas: ooc Int
[Wed Oct 28 19:59:29 2009] : (14) Helena: ooc Int
[Wed Oct 28 19:59:30 2009] : (13) Zotin: ooc the ability to know old things? ;)
[Wed Oct 28 19:59:32 2009] : ** (12) Elora found the F2 macro key **
[Wed Oct 28 20:00:27 2009] : (14) Helena: "The watcher said he was cursed by him, so the cups might have belonged to him. Would they perhaps form a treasure map?"
[Wed Oct 28 20:00:36 2009] : (14) Helena: Helena laughs
[Wed Oct 28 20:00:39 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "Now I recall..."
[Wed Oct 28 20:00:44 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "He's a notorious pirate who sails these waters some 150 years ago. There are rumours of gold and treasure hidden somewhere on these islands. The story goes that he murdered his last crew, hid the treasure and was never seen again."
[Wed Oct 28 20:00:49 2009] : (14) Helena: "I always loved pirates stories"
[Wed Oct 28 20:01:09 2009] : (13) Zotin: "I hadn't heard about his crew, but the rest tallies"
[Wed Oct 28 20:01:14 2009] : (10) Barnabas: ooc bug to be fixed - copy function in chat window
[Wed Oct 28 20:01:45 2009] : (13) Zotin: "Treasure map? You never know. Lets find that other cup!"
[Wed Oct 28 20:01:46 2009] : (12) Elora: ooc I want chocolate!
[Wed Oct 28 20:02:08 2009] : (10) Barnabas: ooc You currently have to use the "open text view of chat session" and copy from there
[Wed Oct 28 20:02:25 2009] : (11) DM: ooc it "Works for Me (TM)"
[Wed Oct 28 20:02:56 2009] : (12) Elora: ooc right click and copy?
[Wed Oct 28 20:03:03 2009] : (13) Zotin: ooc me too™
[Wed Oct 28 20:03:05 2009] : (10) Barnabas: ooc yes
[Wed Oct 28 20:03:13 2009] : (11) DM: The location of the next cup is likely to be on the mainland to the south on a coastal headland.
[Wed Oct 28 20:03:15 2009] : (14) Helena: ooc Me three
[Wed Oct 28 20:03:27 2009] : (12) Elora: ooc me four (tm)
[Wed Oct 28 20:04:04 2009] : (14) Helena: "Let's go and find that 3rd cup"
[Wed Oct 28 20:04:14 2009] : (10) Barnabas: ooc I get the option, but the text to be pasted in is whatever was previously in the copy buffer
[Wed Oct 28 20:04:21 2009] : (14) Helena: Helena walks to the boat
[Wed Oct 28 20:04:38 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "Let's head to the next location"
[Wed Oct 28 20:04:51 2009] : (10) Barnabas: Barnabas also heads for the boat
[Wed Oct 28 20:04:55 2009] : (14) Helena: Ctrl C and Ctrl V work for me as well
[Wed Oct 28 20:05:22 2009] : (13) Zotin: Zotin does likewise
[Wed Oct 28 20:06:31 2009] : (11) DM: You set sail and head due south for the mainland. After some 8 hours of sailing the calm waters in fine weather you near the coast.
[Wed Oct 28 20:06:40 2009] : (14) Helena: ooc That last remark was ooc
[Wed Oct 28 20:06:57 2009] : (11) DM: The location marked on the map is a rocky headland with steep cliffs.
[Wed Oct 28 20:07:34 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "Perhaps we should look for a safer place to beach?"
[Wed Oct 28 20:07:36 2009] : (14) Helena: "Where are those cliffs?"
[Wed Oct 28 20:07:44 2009] : (11) DM: A stone tower dominates the cliff top and it's surrounded by a cluster of smaller stone and wooden buildings.
[Wed Oct 28 20:07:49 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "Either that or look for a cave entrance maybe"
[Wed Oct 28 20:08:19 2009] : (11) DM: There's a small quay side and some small boats sailing about. They look to be fishing.
[Wed Oct 28 20:08:36 2009] : (14) Helena: "That looks like a sound place"
[Wed Oct 28 20:08:44 2009] : (13) Zotin: "Agreed"
[Wed Oct 28 20:09:10 2009] : (11) DM: Climbing up from the quayside you see a stairway cut into the natural rock of the cliff face.
[Wed Oct 28 20:10:06 2009] : (14) Helena: "That way?"
[Wed Oct 28 20:10:44 2009] : (13) Zotin: ooc brb
[Wed Oct 28 20:11:00 2009] : (11) DM: As you near you see the fishermen in the boats. They're not human, or dwarf or elfs or halflings....
[Wed Oct 28 20:11:05 2009] : (11) DM: ooc nature roll.
[Wed Oct 28 20:11:17 2009] : (14) Helena: Nature: [1d20+-1+2] => [20,-1,2] = (21)
[Wed Oct 28 20:11:25 2009] : (12) Elora: Nature: [1d20+1+1] => [13,1,1] = (15)
[Wed Oct 28 20:12:09 2009] : (10) Barnabas: Nature: [1d20+-1+1] => [10,-1,1] = (10)
[Wed Oct 28 20:12:26 2009] : (11) DM: You easily recognize them as goblins from their yellow/brown skin and sharp teeth and coarse hair.
[Wed Oct 28 20:12:47 2009] : (11) DM: They look on warily and carry on with their work.
[Wed Oct 28 20:12:49 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "They're not men"
[Wed Oct 28 20:13:00 2009] : (14) Helena: "No, they're goblins"
[Wed Oct 28 20:13:07 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "Fishergoblins?"
[Wed Oct 28 20:13:16 2009] : (14) Helena: ooc Well spotted, that man
[Wed Oct 28 20:14:27 2009] : (13) Zotin: ooc back
[Wed Oct 28 20:15:15 2009] : (14) Helena: "At least it's a village and not a raiding party"
[Wed Oct 28 20:15:33 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "How welcome do you think we'll be?"
[Wed Oct 28 20:15:36 2009] : (11) DM: Down on the quayside a group of 4 armed goblins stands looking across the water at your approach.
[Wed Oct 28 20:16:17 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "I've vaguely heard of goblins, but from what I remember, they were pretty opposed to humans and friends"
[Wed Oct 28 20:16:31 2009] : (11) DM: If all the buildings are occupied then there must be at least 50 goblins and maybe as many as 100 here.
[Wed Oct 28 20:17:08 2009] : (14) Helena: "As a rule the goblins living and working in villages don't attack on sight, but we should be careful, I guess"
[Wed Oct 28 20:18:01 2009] : (11) DM: What's the next move?
[Wed Oct 28 20:18:20 2009] : (13) Zotin: ooc how aggressive/annoyed do the guards look?
[Wed Oct 28 20:18:42 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "Well, shall we treat them as any other civilisation and try to land peaceably?"
[Wed Oct 28 20:19:08 2009] : (13) Zotin: "Worth a try"
[Wed Oct 28 20:19:17 2009] : (14) Helena: "No harm in trying"
[Wed Oct 28 20:19:34 2009] : (14) Helena: Helena makes sure her bow is in reach
[Wed Oct 28 20:19:59 2009] : (11) DM: Their weapons are still on their belts and their's no sudden actively or signs of alarm.
[Wed Oct 28 20:20:27 2009] : (10) Barnabas: Barnabas takes to the oars to guide us in
[Wed Oct 28 20:21:06 2009] : (11) DM: The watching goblin guards wait until you pull along side the quayside.
[Wed Oct 28 20:21:40 2009] : (10) Barnabas: Barnabas throws up the rope
[Wed Oct 28 20:21:52 2009] : (10) Barnabas: ooc I speak Goblin!
[Wed Oct 28 20:22:14 2009] : (10) Barnabas: Goblin"I say there, could you tie us off?"
[Wed Oct 28 20:22:31 2009] : (11) Na'drak: (in goblin) "What business do you have here? You come to trade?"
[Wed Oct 28 20:22:48 2009] : (11) Na'drak: Na'drak gestures to one of the others to secure the boat.
[Wed Oct 28 20:22:52 2009] : (14) Helena: ooc You speak the language but don't recognise the creatures? LOL
[Wed Oct 28 20:23:11 2009] : (10) Barnabas: Goblin "Sure, but more to purchase at present"
[Wed Oct 28 20:24:35 2009] : (11) Na'drak: (goblin) "Then see our leader, Firrac, But first listen to the rules of our village."
[Wed Oct 28 20:25:10 2009] : (10) Barnabas: Goblin "Could you state them in common for my colleagues?"
[Wed Oct 28 20:25:25 2009] : (11) Na'drak: (goblin) "You may keep for weapons for a goblin without a weapon is no one at all. But we are watching and threaten or attack and you will die."
[Wed Oct 28 20:26:12 2009] : (11) Na'drak: (in broken common) "attack or show weapon. You die! We watch you."
[Wed Oct 28 20:26:41 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "He says we can keep our weapons, but no funny business, or we're dead"
[Wed Oct 28 20:26:54 2009] : (14) Helena: "Sounds reasonable"
[Wed Oct 28 20:26:56 2009] : (10) Barnabas: (Goblin) "Thanks"
[Wed Oct 28 20:27:04 2009] : (12) Elora: "Good for me"
[Wed Oct 28 20:27:10 2009] : (11) Na'drak: He (or she, it's hard to tell with goblins), points to the stone stair. (goblin) "Firrac is in the tower."
[Wed Oct 28 20:27:21 2009] : (13) Zotin: "Agreed"
[Wed Oct 28 20:27:25 2009] : (14) Helena: Helena makes sure her hand is never far from her sword, but she does not draw it
[Wed Oct 28 20:27:25 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "We have to go see their leader Firrac"
[Wed Oct 28 20:27:49 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "Because we're traders here to buy stuff"
[Wed Oct 28 20:27:56 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "OK?"
[Wed Oct 28 20:28:10 2009] : (13) Zotin: "Ok"
[Wed Oct 28 20:28:19 2009] : (14) Helena: "Fine, let's go"
[Wed Oct 28 20:28:33 2009] : (14) Helena: Helena heads for the stairs
[Wed Oct 28 20:28:41 2009] : (10) Barnabas: Barnabas looks at his fully armoured body
[Wed Oct 28 20:28:54 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "Just well armed and protected ones"
[Wed Oct 28 20:29:22 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "We may need to pay port fees"
[Wed Oct 28 20:29:43 2009] : (11) DM: The goblins don't appear to note your attire as unusual. Perhaps all traders to goblins come well armed and armored?
[Wed Oct 28 20:29:57 2009] : (10) Barnabas: (in goblin, to the guard) "Is there a docking charge here?"
[Wed Oct 28 20:30:01 2009] : (13) Zotin: "If we're right, paying the fees will be worth it"
[Wed Oct 28 20:30:10 2009] : (11) DM: (goblin) "No."
[Wed Oct 28 20:30:27 2009] : (10) Barnabas: (Goblin) "OK, Thanks"
[Wed Oct 28 20:30:49 2009] : (10) Barnabas: Barnabas hands him a copper piece.
[Wed Oct 28 20:31:23 2009] : (11) DM: Na'drak looks surprised and grunts in thanks.
[Wed Oct 28 20:31:39 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "It's nice to be nice"
[Wed Oct 28 20:31:51 2009] : (10) Barnabas: Barnabas follows Helena
[Wed Oct 28 20:31:57 2009] : (10) Barnabas: ooc brb
[Wed Oct 28 20:32:22 2009] : (11) DM: The stairs are uneven and worn and by the time you're all the way up you're a little out of breath.
[Wed Oct 28 20:32:56 2009] : (13) Zotin: "Phew, I wouldn't want to climb those in a hurry"
[Wed Oct 28 20:33:26 2009] : (11) DM: At the top of the cliffs is a collection of rough houses and huts and other buildings, Some of the stone buildings date back to when the main tower was built but the rest are more recent wooden constructions.
[Wed Oct 28 20:34:21 2009] : (14) Helena: "Tower, right? And was he called Firrac?"
[Wed Oct 28 20:35:11 2009] : (12) Elora: "Uneven-ness is done on purpose"
[Wed Oct 28 20:35:14 2009] : (11) DM: The layout is cramped and haphazard. Goblins go about their business like any other village. A hammer rings on metal, goblins call to one another and goblin children run about playing games.
[Wed Oct 28 20:35:53 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "Well, this looks to me like a village of any kind of people"
[Wed Oct 28 20:35:54 2009] : (11) DM: Every goblin is armed, even the children carry a dagger.
[Wed Oct 28 20:35:55 2009] : (14) Helena: "Or the result of centuries of climbing and stumbling feet"
[Wed Oct 28 20:36:32 2009] : (14) Helena: "Being defenseless seems to be a crime here"
[Wed Oct 28 20:36:52 2009] : (12) Elora: "indeed. Or maybe just being defenseless is being dead"
[Wed Oct 28 20:37:23 2009] : (14) Helena: "which is a crime against life"
[Wed Oct 28 20:37:58 2009] : (11) DM: You make your way to the tower, it's similar in construction to the one you were at earlier in the day and probably dates from the same period.
[Wed Oct 28 20:38:32 2009] : (11) DM: Inside, behind a door that stands ajar you here heated goblin voices.
[Wed Oct 28 20:39:00 2009] : (14) Helena: "Barnabas: have a listen"
[Wed Oct 28 20:39:14 2009] : (13) Zotin: Zotin looks to see if Barnabas can understand
[Wed Oct 28 20:39:16 2009] : (11) DM: "(in goblin, a gruff voice) ...four more this week. Your magic does nothing!"
[Wed Oct 28 20:39:28 2009] : (10) Barnabas: Barnadas listens in and quietly translates
[Wed Oct 28 20:40:25 2009] : (11) DM: "(in goblin, a different voice) "There is something dark below that I cannot understand. I can only try again."
[Wed Oct 28 20:41:03 2009] : (11) DM: (goblin, gruff) "Go then. And keep quiet! Or I'll have your ears!"
[Wed Oct 28 20:41:38 2009] : (11) DM: A goblin hurries out of the tower carrying a totem staff, rats skull rattling on the end.
[Wed Oct 28 20:42:10 2009] : (14) Helena: Helena walks up and knocks on the open door
[Wed Oct 28 20:42:16 2009] : (13) Zotin: Zotin looks at the staff with a professional distaste
[Wed Oct 28 20:42:18 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "OK, looks like we may be able to help them"
[Wed Oct 28 20:42:26 2009] : (11) DM: (goblin) "Enter"
[Wed Oct 28 20:42:41 2009] : (10) Barnabas: Barnabas enters
[Wed Oct 28 20:42:52 2009] : (14) Helena: Helena follows
[Wed Oct 28 20:43:03 2009] : (10) Barnabas: (Goblin) "Greetings Firac"
[Wed Oct 28 20:43:33 2009] : (11) Firrac: (in common) "Are you traders? We have nothing to sell now."
[Wed Oct 28 20:44:11 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "Ah, that is sad"
[Wed Oct 28 20:44:33 2009] : (10) Barnabas: (Goblin) "May we speak in common, so that my companions understand?"
[Wed Oct 28 20:44:47 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "If not, then I can translate"
[Wed Oct 28 20:44:48 2009] : (11) Firrac: (in common) "Yes"
[Wed Oct 28 20:45:09 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "It's unfortunate that you have nothing to trade"
[Wed Oct 28 20:45:49 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "We will now have no way to make money until the next port"
[Wed Oct 28 20:45:56 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "Unless..."
[Wed Oct 28 20:46:15 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "We also occasionally hire out as adventurers..."
[Wed Oct 28 20:46:39 2009] : (14) Helena: "Problem solvers"
[Wed Oct 28 20:46:44 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "Do you know of any local problems we may be able to help with?"
[Wed Oct 28 20:46:53 2009] : (11) Firrac: Firrac looks interested.
[Wed Oct 28 20:47:06 2009] : (13) Zotin: Zotin nods encouragingly
[Wed Oct 28 20:49:02 2009] : (11) Firrac: "There is something below, something dark my shaman calls it, my people are dying one by one in the night. Slove this problem and I will pay you in gems."
[Wed Oct 28 20:49:20 2009] : (14) Helena: "Where, below?"
[Wed Oct 28 20:49:50 2009] : (11) Firrac: There are tunnels, caves and passageways."
[Wed Oct 28 20:50:11 2009] : (14) Helena: "Yes ..."
[Wed Oct 28 20:51:05 2009] : (11) Firrac: Firrac points to the stairs behind him.
[Wed Oct 28 20:51:50 2009] : (14) Helena: "Are there noises, lights, movements?"
[Wed Oct 28 20:52:44 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "We need as much information as possible. Will your shaman help us?"
[Wed Oct 28 20:52:52 2009] : (11) Firrac: "No one has seen anything. My people just... die."
[Wed Oct 28 20:53:08 2009] : (11) Firrac: "You may speak to my shaman."
[Wed Oct 28 20:53:55 2009] : (14) Helena: "Thank you"
[Wed Oct 28 20:55:13 2009] : (13) Zotin: "Where can we find him?"
[Wed Oct 28 20:55:24 2009] : (11) DM: The shaman's house is near the tower and easy to find -- it's decorated with animal skulls and other totems.
[Wed Oct 28 20:56:03 2009] : (14) Helena: "Hello!"
[Wed Oct 28 20:56:05 2009] : (13) Zotin: Zotin eyes the decoration with distain
[Wed Oct 28 20:56:35 2009] : (11) Rattar: "What?"
[Wed Oct 28 20:57:00 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "Firrac sent us"
[Wed Oct 28 20:57:23 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "We are to help with your deadly problem and seek information"
[Wed Oct 28 20:58:18 2009] : (11) Rattar: "Something stalks in the tunnels and comes out at night and kills without leaving a mark. I sense only strong magic and darkness."
[Wed Oct 28 20:58:30 2009] : (11) Rattar: "I do not know what it is."
[Wed Oct 28 20:58:41 2009] : (13) Zotin: "What happens to the bodies?"
[Wed Oct 28 20:59:48 2009] : (11) Rattar: "They are burned as is our custom."
[Wed Oct 28 21:00:28 2009] : (13) Zotin: "A pity."
[Wed Oct 28 21:01:01 2009] : (14) Helena: "The latest one as well?"
[Wed Oct 28 21:01:11 2009] : (13) Zotin: ooc approx what time is it DM?
[Wed Oct 28 21:01:25 2009] : (11) Rattar: ooc evening, around 6 o;clock
[Wed Oct 28 21:01:32 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "I guess that means that whatever it is doesn't need, or want the bodies"
[Wed Oct 28 21:01:43 2009] : (11) Rattar: "Yes, she was burned this morning."
[Wed Oct 28 21:02:12 2009] : (13) Zotin: "Do you think its worth waiting for nightfall and watching the tower?"
[Wed Oct 28 21:02:50 2009] : (11) Rattar: "I have watched the tower. I saw nothing."
[Wed Oct 28 21:02:55 2009] : (14) Helena: "Why give our enemy the advantage? Let's go in and surprise it"
[Wed Oct 28 21:03:13 2009] : (14) Helena: "Where are the victims when they are killed?"
[Wed Oct 28 21:03:22 2009] : (11) Rattar: "In their homes."
[Wed Oct 28 21:03:48 2009] : (13) Zotin: "Have you tried posting a guard on the tower?"
[Wed Oct 28 21:04:08 2009] : (11) Rattar: "The tower is always guarded."
[Wed Oct 28 21:04:21 2009] : (13) Zotin: "And they have seen nothing?"
[Wed Oct 28 21:04:35 2009] : (11) Rattar: "Nothing"
[Wed Oct 28 21:05:32 2009] : (13) Zotin: "No point waiting then. Looks as if you get your way Helena"
[Wed Oct 28 21:06:05 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "How long has this been occurring for? And did any event seem to presage it?"
[Wed Oct 28 21:06:58 2009] : (11) Rattar: "There have been 8 dead in the last moon cycle."
[Wed Oct 28 21:08:06 2009] : (14) Helena: "One every night?"
[Wed Oct 28 21:09:03 2009] : (12) Elora: "Ouch"
[Wed Oct 28 21:09:44 2009] : (14) Helena: "We'd better get on with it, if we want this village to survive"
[Wed Oct 28 21:09:55 2009] : (11) Rattar: "One death 4 weeks ago, 1 the following wek, then 2 and now four this week."
[Wed Oct 28 21:10:40 2009] : (14) Helena: "So the number is going up. This killing onlyh happens once a week?"
[Wed Oct 28 21:11:18 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "It sounds like something is building up its taste"
[Wed Oct 28 21:12:02 2009] : (13) Zotin: "Indeed"
[Wed Oct 28 21:12:20 2009] : (14) Helena: "Let's take it out, before it reaches out of this village"
[Wed Oct 28 21:13:20 2009] : (13) Zotin: "Now or should we rest overnight?"
[Wed Oct 28 21:13:55 2009] : (14) Helena: "I'm good to go"
[Wed Oct 28 21:13:55 2009] : (10) Barnabas: ooc presumably we rested already before a sea trip
[Wed Oct 28 21:14:04 2009] : (12) Elora: "Well, the night might prove to be not so calm and restful"
[Wed Oct 28 21:14:09 2009] : (14) Helena: ooc Or during the 8 hours of sailing
[Wed Oct 28 21:14:18 2009] : (13) Zotin: ooc I thought we just came straight here
[Wed Oct 28 21:14:55 2009] : (14) Helena: ooc Yeah, but that took us 8 hours, the DM said
[Wed Oct 28 21:14:58 2009] : (11) Rattar: ooc you did say you sailed straight here
[Wed Oct 28 21:17:18 2009] : (11) DM: It's now 6 o'clock-ish do you head down into the tunnels or do you wait until morning and perhaps get a goblin corpse to investigate.
[Wed Oct 28 21:17:27 2009] : (13) Zotin: ooc nice
[Wed Oct 28 21:17:31 2009] : (10) Barnabas: ooc sounds callous
[Wed Oct 28 21:17:42 2009] : (13) Zotin: ooc they're only goblins
[Wed Oct 28 21:17:43 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "What time does the death occur?"
[Wed Oct 28 21:18:02 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "We could wait until the dead of night before going in"
[Wed Oct 28 21:18:09 2009] : (11) DM: "Some time during the night."
[Wed Oct 28 21:18:27 2009] : (10) Barnabas: ooc 4e just needs 6 hours of rest, no 24 hour cycle
[Wed Oct 28 21:18:37 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "How about we head in at midnight?"
[Wed Oct 28 21:19:02 2009] : (13) Zotin: "I think we should be sufficiently ready by then"
[Wed Oct 28 21:19:35 2009] : (12) Elora: "Sounds good to me"
[Wed Oct 28 21:20:11 2009] : (14) Helena: "I don't care either way"
[Wed Oct 28 21:20:53 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "OK, let's rest up then"
[Wed Oct 28 21:21:43 2009] : (10) Barnabas: Barnabas heads to a spot nearby, spreads a blanket, wraps himself in it, then closes his eyes
[Wed Oct 28 21:21:52 2009] : (11) DM: You're given quarters in the tower, it's cramped but at least the beds are human-sized.
[Wed Oct 28 21:22:33 2009] : (11) DM: At midnight you gather at the stairs down into the cellers and tunnels.
[Wed Oct 28 21:23:12 2009] : (14) Helena: Helena has put on the skeleton's boots, to try them out
[Wed Oct 28 21:24:34 2009] : (11) DM: Farric and Rattar wonder why you're just standing around.
[Wed Oct 28 21:25:38 2009] : (11) DM: ooc hello?
[Wed Oct 28 21:25:50 2009] : (14) Helena: "Ready"
[Wed Oct 28 21:25:52 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "OK, let's head down"
[Wed Oct 28 21:25:59 2009] : (12) Elora: "Ouch, that was a short sleep"
[Wed Oct 28 21:26:00 2009] : (14) Helena: Helena goes in
[Wed Oct 28 21:26:03 2009] : (10) Barnabas: Barnabas lights his lantern
[Wed Oct 28 21:26:03 2009] : (12) Elora: "Let us"
[Wed Oct 28 21:26:16 2009] : (12) Elora: "Elora takes her axe firm in hand"
[Wed Oct 28 21:26:22 2009] : (14) Helena: "I'll go first and have a look around, yeah?"
[Wed Oct 28 21:26:23 2009] : (10) Barnabas: ooc am I the only one with problems with darkness?
[Wed Oct 28 21:26:26 2009] : (12) Elora: Elora takes her axe firm in hand
[Wed Oct 28 21:26:53 2009] : (13) Zotin: ooc I have light as an at-will cantrip if you need it
[Wed Oct 28 21:27:10 2009] : (10) Barnabas: ooc how long does it last?
[Wed Oct 28 21:27:39 2009] : (10) Barnabas: ooc it's probably better than me carrying a lamp
[Wed Oct 28 21:27:40 2009] : (13) Zotin: ooc 5 mins. can re-cast as required
[Wed Oct 28 21:27:48 2009] : (11) DM: The flickering light from Barnabas's lantern lights up the celler, it's dry and reasonably tidy and stacked with supplies. Over in one corner there's a break in the wall and through it as a rough hewn passageway sloping downwards and inland.
[Wed Oct 28 21:27:56 2009] : (12) Elora: ooc I am a dwarf. Isee in the dark
[Wed Oct 28 21:28:29 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "Let's head down the tunnel then"
[Wed Oct 28 21:28:46 2009] : (13) Zotin: ooc what would you like to be your light?
[Wed Oct 28 21:28:48 2009] : (14) Helena: Helena draws her sword and leads the way
[Wed Oct 28 21:29:03 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "Helena, do you need a lantern to see?"
[Wed Oct 28 21:29:10 2009] : (14) Helena: ooc A stone that can be pocketed
[Wed Oct 28 21:29:20 2009] : (14) Helena: "Some light might be nice"
[Wed Oct 28 21:29:27 2009] : (13) Zotin: ooc its a free action for me to put it out
[Wed Oct 28 21:30:16 2009] : (14) Helena: ooc That will be fine then
[Wed Oct 28 21:30:20 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "Perhaps we should have a couple of them Zotin, but start the second one after a few minutes, so that they don't both extinguish at the same time"
[Wed Oct 28 21:30:35 2009] : (10) Barnabas: ooc unless you can only have one at a time
[Wed Oct 28 21:30:43 2009] : (13) Zotin: "Unfortunately I can only illuminate one thing at a time"
[Wed Oct 28 21:30:58 2009] : (13) Zotin: "I shall renew it every few minutes"
[Wed Oct 28 21:31:00 2009] : (10) Barnabas: "In which case I'll keep my lantern illuminated"
[Wed Oct 28 21:31:16 2009] : (13) Zotin: ooc minor action to cast
[Wed Oct 28 21:32:07 2009] : (13) Zotin: Zotin illuminates the tip of his staff
[Wed Oct 28 21:32:20 2009] : (14) Helena: Helena walks on
[Wed Oct 28 21:33:34 2009] : (11) DM: The passageway is narrow and after some 40 ft you reach curved wall to the right, a recent hole has been broken through and through it you see a stone lined, cyclindrical shaft with a pool of water at the bottom.
[Wed Oct 28 21:34:09 2009] : (14) Helena: Helena looks at the shaft
[Wed Oct 28 21:34:21 2009] : (14) Helena: ooc What do I see when I look up?
[Wed Oct 28 21:34:55 2009] : (11) DM: Running into this pool from further up the passage is a trickle of foul water, The water stains the ground black.
[Wed Oct 28 21:35:27 2009] : (11) DM: You see a circle of sky with stars as you look up.
[Wed Oct 28 21:36:05 2009] : (12) Elora: ooc where are we?
[Wed Oct 28 21:36:05 2009] : (13) Zotin: "I wonder what this shaft is"
[Wed Oct 28 21:36:13 2009] : (12) Elora: ooc is it just my map, or are you guys not there?
[Wed Oct 28 21:36:25 2009] : (14) Helena: "It goes all the way to the top, I can see the sky"
[Wed Oct 28 21:36:49 2009] : (14) Helena: ooc I don't see any other miniatures either
[Wed Oct 28 21:36:52 2009] : (13) Zotin: ooc only an E on mine
[Wed Oct 28 21:37:47 2009] : (15) Elora (enter): 21:37
[Wed Oct 28 21:37:56 2009] : (15) Elora: Booting '(12) Elora' from server...
[Wed Oct 28 21:37:57 2009] : (12) Elora (exit): 21:37
[Wed Oct 28 21:38:23 2009] : (15) Elora: ooc got a crash
[Wed Oct 28 21:38:44 2009] : (14) Helena: ooc Any idea why?
[Wed Oct 28 21:38:58 2009] : (14) Helena: "Well, not very interesting, going on"
[Wed Oct 28 21:39:01 2009] : (16) Barnabas (enter): 21:39
[Wed Oct 28 21:39:07 2009] : (14) Helena: Helena walks on
[Wed Oct 28 21:39:10 2009] : (16) Barnabas: Booting '(10) Barnabas' from server...
[Wed Oct 28 21:39:11 2009] : (10) Barnabas (exit): 21:39
[Wed Oct 28 21:39:19 2009] : (16) Barnabas: ooc Hmm, I seem to have crashed there
[Wed Oct 28 21:39:28 2009] : (13) Zotin: "Lead on"
[Wed Oct 28 21:39:33 2009] : (14) Helena: ooc So did Delphine
[Wed Oct 28 21:39:55 2009] : (13) Zotin: ooc I got an error about loading a mini
[Wed Oct 28 21:39:59 2009] : (16) Barnabas: ooc why are the two heavies at the back?
[Wed Oct 28 21:40:25 2009] : (14) Helena: ooc Because they're lousy at sneaking?
[Wed Oct 28 21:40:46 2009] : (13) Zotin: ooc too busy eating pies?
[Wed Oct 28 21:42:03 2009] : (11) DM: The passageway ends in a carved stone door. There's a crack down the center and the foul, black water the seeping through the crack. There's writing on the door.
[Wed Oct 28 21:42:39 2009] : (17) Elora (enter): 21:42
[Wed Oct 28 21:42:52 2009] : (17) Elora: Booting '(15) Elora' from server...
[Wed Oct 28 21:42:53 2009] : (15) Elora (exit): 21:42
[Wed Oct 28 21:43:21 2009] : (14) Helena: ooc Is the writing in Common or Elven?
[Wed Oct 28 21:44:22 2009] : (11) DM: It's in common it says:
[Wed Oct 28 21:45:59 2009] : (11) DM: "Black Ivan sealed this door. Beware all who dare enter."
[Wed Oct 28 21:46:40 2009] : (14) Helena: Helena checks the door for traps
[Wed Oct 28 21:47:32 2009] : (17) Elora: ooc what did I miss?
[Wed Oct 28 21:47:45 2009] : (14) Helena: ooc Nothing much, we found a door
[Wed Oct 28 21:47:52 2009] : (16) Barnabas: ooc Just that I also crashed
[Wed Oct 28 21:47:56 2009] : (14) Helena: Thievery: [1d20+5+1-0+5] => [10,5,1,0,5] = (21)
[Wed Oct 28 21:48:28 2009] : (11) DM: The door appears to be a solid slab of stone (except for the crack down the middle) and untrapped.
[Wed Oct 28 21:48:50 2009] : (11) DM: There's no indicatation of how to open it.
[Wed Oct 28 21:49:09 2009] : (14) Helena: "I can't detect any traps here, nor can I see how to open this"
[Wed Oct 28 21:49:42 2009] : (14) Helena: Helena pushes at the door
[Wed Oct 28 21:50:01 2009] : (11) DM: It shifts ever so slighly.
[Wed Oct 28 21:50:23 2009] : (14) Helena: Helena pushes some more
[Wed Oct 28 21:50:49 2009] : (11) DM: Strength check
[Wed Oct 28 21:50:59 2009] : (14) Helena: Strength: [1d20 + 0 + 1] => [6,0,1] = (7)
[Wed Oct 28 21:51:23 2009] : (11) DM: It moves no more than a millimetre.
[Wed Oct 28 21:51:24 2009] : (14) Helena: "Guys: come and help push"
[Wed Oct 28 21:51:31 2009] : (13) Zotin: ooc can I hear a kitten? ;)
[Wed Oct 28 21:51:47 2009] : (11) DM: ooc um. No kitten.
[Wed Oct 28 21:51:49 2009] : (16) Barnabas: ooc Bollocks! The crashed killed my level 4 node that I had completed!
[Wed Oct 28 21:52:08 2009] : (14) Helena: ooc I've got more strength than that (on a good day)
[Wed Oct 28 21:52:08 2009] : (13) Zotin: ooc :(
[Wed Oct 28 21:52:20 2009] : (13) Zotin: Zotin moves up and helps push
[Wed Oct 28 21:52:25 2009] : (13) Zotin: Strength
[Wed Oct 28 21:52:26 2009] : (13) Zotin: Strength: [1d20 + (12/2-5) + 3/2] => [3,1,1] = (5)
[Wed Oct 28 21:52:30 2009] : (14) Helena: ooc How awful
[Wed Oct 28 21:52:36 2009] : (16) Barnabas: Barnabas assists
[Wed Oct 28 21:52:38 2009] : (16) Barnabas: Strength: [1d20 + 3 + 1] => [8,3,1] = (12)
[Wed Oct 28 21:52:46 2009] : (13) Zotin: ooc we're all a bit limp today
[Wed Oct 28 21:52:53 2009] : (14) Helena: ooc Just a bit
[Wed Oct 28 21:53:00 2009] : (14) Helena: Helena tries again
[Wed Oct 28 21:53:01 2009] : (14) Helena: Strength: [1d20 + 0 + 1] => [13,0,1] = (14)
[Wed Oct 28 21:53:53 2009] : (11) DM: With everyone pushing the door suddenly gives way, the two halfs of the stone door landing with the squelching splash.
[Wed Oct 28 21:54:21 2009] : (14) Helena: Helena blinks and looks
[Wed Oct 28 21:54:51 2009] : (17) Elora: Strength: [1d20 + 4 + 1] => [8,4,1] = (13)
[Wed Oct 28 21:55:14 2009] : (11) DM: The room beyond is flooded with black, stinking water. indistinct lumps are heaped up by the door.
[Wed Oct 28 21:55:36 2009] : (11) DM: One turns over as the water flows out of the room and over your feet.
[Wed Oct 28 21:56:19 2009] : (11) DM: It's a corpse, blackened, decaying flesh still clinging to the bones.
[Wed Oct 28 21:56:46 2009] : (14) Helena: "Nice"
[Wed Oct 28 21:56:54 2009] : (11) DM: There must be around a dozen corpses pilled up in the doorway.
[Wed Oct 28 21:57:18 2009] : (13) Zotin: "The crew presumably"
[Wed Oct 28 21:57:50 2009] : (11) DM: Something splashes in the gloom, a shape moves through the gloom towards you.
[Wed Oct 28 21:57:53 2009] : (14) Helena: "So here we find either the treasure or the 3rd cup"
[Wed Oct 28 21:57:53 2009] : (11) DM: GAME END