Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / On the Great River II - 21 October 2009

[Wed Oct 21 19:48:08 2009] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Wed Oct 21 19:48:29 2009] : (1) DM: You'll killed Draximazix and obtained his map and the silver cup.
[Wed Oct 21 19:48:39 2009] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Wed Oct 21 19:49:13 2009] : (1) DM: On the map are drawn three lines. One originating from one of the nearby small islands (the one with the ruined tower)
[Wed Oct 21 19:50:14 2009] : (1) DM: one from the island is Yuzne, one from the mainland to the south. All three lines converge on the island of Kirove.
[Wed Oct 21 19:50:37 2009] : (6) Zotin: "I suppose the question now is: do we take the cup back or try to figure out what the dragon was so interested in?"
[Wed Oct 21 19:51:06 2009] : (2) Helena: "How about both? Figure it out first and return the cup after"
[Wed Oct 21 19:51:49 2009] : (4) Elora: "I like that"
[Wed Oct 21 19:51:51 2009] : (2) Helena: "The cup might be a treasure map, or a key to one"
[Wed Oct 21 19:51:54 2009] : (6) Zotin: "True, if we're able"
[Wed Oct 21 19:52:04 2009] : (4) Elora: "The farmer didn't tell us that we shouldn't do anything with the cup really"
[Wed Oct 21 19:52:24 2009] : (4) Elora: "And either he lied to us as to the value of this cup, or he truely does not know any better"
[Wed Oct 21 19:52:29 2009] : (5) Barnabas: "Sounds like a plan. If the cup really means nothing special to the farmer, then he won't mind us retaining it briefly"
[Wed Oct 21 19:52:36 2009] : (4) Elora: "In both cases, we'll be the wiser"
[Wed Oct 21 19:53:02 2009] : (5) Barnabas: "We should also check out what's atop the other island that this line points from"
[Wed Oct 21 19:53:30 2009] : (6) Zotin: "Agreed"
[Wed Oct 21 19:53:31 2009] : (2) Helena: "It's not as if we're stealing it, is it?'
[Wed Oct 21 19:54:13 2009] : (2) Helena: "Where's that map and where's the cup? Time to get to work"
[Wed Oct 21 19:55:24 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc did you say there was a map DM
[Wed Oct 21 19:55:47 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc got it, in the email!
[Wed Oct 21 19:56:55 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc for the log Map here
[Wed Oct 21 19:58:14 2009] : (1) DM: ooc Bah. The transparency hasn't worked.
[Wed Oct 21 19:58:21 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc it renders even worse in Eye of GNOME
[Wed Oct 21 19:58:37 2009] : (4) Elora: ooc transparency where?
[Wed Oct 21 19:59:07 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc I'm guessing it's transparent because I see lots of checked boxes in Eye of GNOME
[Wed Oct 21 19:59:22 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc Note to self: Do not scroll unless absolutely necessary
[Wed Oct 21 19:59:52 2009] : (4) Elora: ooc I see the squares
[Wed Oct 21 20:01:39 2009] : (1) DM: ooc anyway...
[Wed Oct 21 20:01:55 2009] : (1) DM: What's the plan?
[Wed Oct 21 20:02:07 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc visit the nearby island?
[Wed Oct 21 20:02:18 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc I see the map and the text, but as I scroll elements echo and lag. After some waiting it looks quite alright again
[Wed Oct 21 20:03:00 2009] : (6) Zotin: ooc yeah, sounds good
[Wed Oct 21 20:03:01 2009] : (4) Elora: ooc where are the lines?
[Wed Oct 21 20:03:05 2009] : (7) No Name (enter): 20:03
[Wed Oct 21 20:03:10 2009] : (4) Elora: ooc ah ok, see them now
[Wed Oct 21 20:03:25 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc looks fine in ORPG to me, scrolls OK, though it mostly fits onscreen anyway. I just wonder what the brown lines are.
[Wed Oct 21 20:03:45 2009] : (4) Elora: "Let's visit the nearby island"
[Wed Oct 21 20:03:59 2009] : (4) Elora: But I guess we need to rest some again, after this fight
[Wed Oct 21 20:04:06 2009] : (4) Elora: "But I guess we need to rest some again, after this fight"
[Wed Oct 21 20:04:12 2009] : (1) DM: ooc very weird
[Wed Oct 21 20:04:59 2009] : (1) DM: The island seems safe enough to rest and there is fresh water.
[Wed Oct 21 20:05:25 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc so the lines make an arrow pointing to Kirove? Actually that matches your description
[Wed Oct 21 20:05:35 2009] : (6) Zotin: ooc I've got the dodgy scrolling too
[Wed Oct 21 20:06:03 2009] : (6) Zotin: ooc resizing the orpg window redraws it though (mostly)
[Wed Oct 21 20:06:27 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc scrolls fine for me if I make my window smaller
[Wed Oct 21 20:06:37 2009] : (1) DM: ooc only happens on windows
[Wed Oct 21 20:06:47 2009] : (1) DM: ooc more playing less bug hunting, please
[Wed Oct 21 20:06:56 2009] : (6) Zotin: ooc its in our blood!
[Wed Oct 21 20:07:24 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc You should not play with testers if bug hunting bugs you :P
[Wed Oct 21 20:07:57 2009] : (2) Helena: "Looks the dragon thought there's something on that island"
[Wed Oct 21 20:08:12 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena points out the arrow
[Wed Oct 21 20:10:01 2009] : (1) DM: The following day sees you all reset and recovered after your recent battles.
[Wed Oct 21 20:10:16 2009] : (1) DM: The day starts fine with a light mist that soon clears.
[Wed Oct 21 20:10:50 2009] : (1) DM: The nearby island with it's ruined tower can clearly been seen. A hour or so of sailing will see you there.
[Wed Oct 21 20:11:15 2009] : (6) Zotin: "Fine day for a sail?"
[Wed Oct 21 20:11:38 2009] : (4) Elora: HP & surges status: Healing Surges left: [12-0] => 12 - HP left:[37-0] => 37
[Wed Oct 21 20:12:47 2009] : (5) Barnabas: HP Status: 35 out of 35 || Surge Status: 8 out of 8
[Wed Oct 21 20:12:49 2009] : (5) Barnabas: HP Status: 35 out of 35 || Surge Status: 8 out of 8
[Wed Oct 21 20:14:09 2009] : (5) Barnabas: "Let's go"
[Wed Oct 21 20:15:06 2009] : (1) DM: ooc don't just talk about it, do it!
[Wed Oct 21 20:15:06 2009] : (2) Helena: "It's a good day for a treasure hunt"
[Wed Oct 21 20:15:24 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Barnabas heads for and gets into the boat
[Wed Oct 21 20:15:29 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena smiles as she climbs aboard
[Wed Oct 21 20:15:42 2009] : (4) Elora: Elora follows
[Wed Oct 21 20:15:51 2009] : (6) Zotin: Zotin follows
[Wed Oct 21 20:16:25 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Barnabas takes up a set of oars to take us out of the harbour/cave
[Wed Oct 21 20:16:36 2009] : (1) DM: You sail towards the island, the thin figure standing on the ruined tower is still there, looking out across the water, quite motionless.
[Wed Oct 21 20:17:27 2009] : (2) Helena: "Who or what could that be?"
[Wed Oct 21 20:17:51 2009] : (6) Zotin: "Statue?"
[Wed Oct 21 20:18:19 2009] : (6) Zotin: "As far I can tell it hasn't moved"
[Wed Oct 21 20:18:32 2009] : (1) DM: On the southern side of the island is a sandy beach. the rest of the shore line is rocky and unsuitable for landing.
[Wed Oct 21 20:19:02 2009] : (2) Helena: "Let's not take anything for granted"
[Wed Oct 21 20:21:08 2009] : (5) Barnabas: "OK, to the oars to land on the beach"
[Wed Oct 21 20:21:17 2009] : (2) Helena: "Sure"
[Wed Oct 21 20:21:19 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Barnabas rows
[Wed Oct 21 20:21:27 2009] : (6) Zotin: Zotin grabs an oar
[Wed Oct 21 20:21:50 2009] : (1) DM: You land on the small, rocky island.
[Wed Oct 21 20:22:15 2009] : (1) DM: There's nothing here except for the tower, you see an archway and steps leading upwards.
[Wed Oct 21 20:22:38 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Barnabas pulls the boat clear onto the beach then hammers an anchor into the sand
[Wed Oct 21 20:24:33 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena gets her bow ready and walks towards the tower
[Wed Oct 21 20:24:47 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc Keeping an eye on the figure at the top
[Wed Oct 21 20:25:12 2009] : (6) Zotin: ooc brb
[Wed Oct 21 20:25:37 2009] : (1) DM: The figure does it move, it's face away and all you see is a dark gray cloak.
[Wed Oct 21 20:25:44 2009] : (1) DM: does not move
[Wed Oct 21 20:26:10 2009] : (2) Helena: Is there wind? Does the cloak move?
[Wed Oct 21 20:26:33 2009] : (4) Elora: Elora quickly helps Barnabas and then follows Helena
[Wed Oct 21 20:26:40 2009] : (1) DM: There is a light breeze and the cloak does stir a little.
[Wed Oct 21 20:27:13 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Barnabas unsheathes his sword
[Wed Oct 21 20:27:21 2009] : (2) Helena: "Hmm"
[Wed Oct 21 20:27:57 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc Am I standing in a wall now?
[Wed Oct 21 20:27:58 2009] : (1) DM: You pass trough the archway and into a small cobbled courtyard.
[Wed Oct 21 20:28:15 2009] : (1) DM: grass and small bushes grow in the cracks.
[Wed Oct 21 20:28:31 2009] : (1) DM: A doorway leads inside.
[Wed Oct 21 20:28:33 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena calls up: "Hello there! Mind if we come up?"
[Wed Oct 21 20:28:44 2009] : (1) DM: There is no response.
[Wed Oct 21 20:29:23 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena proceeds to the door
[Wed Oct 21 20:29:35 2009] : (6) Zotin: ooc back
[Wed Oct 21 20:29:35 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc We have a saying that silence is consent ;)
[Wed Oct 21 20:29:35 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Barnabas follows
[Wed Oct 21 20:29:48 2009] : (1) DM: It's just a doorway, whatever door used to be here is long gone.
[Wed Oct 21 20:30:38 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena proceeds to the doorway
[Wed Oct 21 20:30:43 2009] : (6) Zotin: Zotin follows, hanging back a little
[Wed Oct 21 20:30:54 2009] : (2) Helena: What can I see before I enter?
[Wed Oct 21 20:30:55 2009] : (1) DM: Inside the tower which is quite large are piles of tumbled stones and other debris. A flight of stone stairs lead upwards and another flight leads downwards.
[Wed Oct 21 20:31:25 2009] : (6) Zotin: ooc how high does the tower look?
[Wed Oct 21 20:31:27 2009] : (2) Helena: Do the stairs seem to be sturdy enough to climb?
[Wed Oct 21 20:31:28 2009] : (1) DM: The place looks as if it's been abandoned for centuries.
[Wed Oct 21 20:31:50 2009] : (1) DM: The main fabric of the tower and stairs still looks sound.
[Wed Oct 21 20:31:57 2009] : (4) Elora: ooc brb
[Wed Oct 21 20:32:34 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena goes in and starts climbing the stairs, after switching her bow for her sword
[Wed Oct 21 20:33:14 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Barnabas waits at the bottom, ready to assist
[Wed Oct 21 20:33:54 2009] : (8) Zotin (enter): 20:33
[Wed Oct 21 20:33:56 2009] : (1) DM: The stairs open out onto a series of floors all as debris and rubbish strewn as the ground floor. After the third floor you near the top of the tower.
[Wed Oct 21 20:34:17 2009] : (4) Elora: Elora holds her axe firmly
[Wed Oct 21 20:34:25 2009] : (2) Helena: "Hello!"
[Wed Oct 21 20:34:41 2009] : (8) Zotin: ooc got booted briefly
[Wed Oct 21 20:34:43 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena keeps on climbing
[Wed Oct 21 20:34:46 2009] : (8) Zotin: Zotin moves closer
[Wed Oct 21 20:34:58 2009] : (8) Zotin: Booting '(6) Zotin' from server...
[Wed Oct 21 20:34:59 2009] : (6) Zotin (exit): 20:34
[Wed Oct 21 20:34:59 2009] : (1) DM: There is still no response.
[Wed Oct 21 20:35:33 2009] : (2) Helena: As I get to the top, is the figure looking in my direction?
[Wed Oct 21 20:36:15 2009] : (5) Barnabas: "Is everything OK up there?"
[Wed Oct 21 20:36:49 2009] : (1) DM: The figure is the the corner, looking away. His cloak reaches down to the ground and is threadbare and bleached by who knows how many countless hours, days or years under the sun.
[Wed Oct 21 20:37:10 2009] : (1) DM: You can tell he or she is leaning on a spear.
[Wed Oct 21 20:37:41 2009] : (2) Helena: "I'm at the top now and the figure here still doesn't move. It seems you were right and it's just a statue"
[Wed Oct 21 20:38:03 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena moves towards the figure
[Wed Oct 21 20:38:30 2009] : (1) DM: The figure turns slowly, joints creaking, skeletal hands grasp an ancient spear.
[Wed Oct 21 20:38:39 2009] : (5) Barnabas: "Wait there, I'll come up, just in case"
[Wed Oct 21 20:38:46 2009] : (2) Helena: "Not a statue!"
[Wed Oct 21 20:38:49 2009] : (1) The Watcher: "I... watch..." the skeletal figure rasps.
[Wed Oct 21 20:38:49 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Barnabas ascends
[Wed Oct 21 20:39:01 2009] : (2) Helena: "What do you watch?"
[Wed Oct 21 20:39:19 2009] : (8) Zotin: Zotin follows Barnabas
[Wed Oct 21 20:39:25 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena grasps her sword firmly as she talks to the skeleton
[Wed Oct 21 20:39:28 2009] : (1) The Watcher: The figures skull with it's empty, black eye sockets looks at you.
[Wed Oct 21 20:39:54 2009] : (1) The Watcher: "I... watch...." it rasps again. "I... do not... know...?"
[Wed Oct 21 20:40:17 2009] : (1) The Watcher: "I watch... I wait..."
[Wed Oct 21 20:40:28 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc My characters have had bad experiences with undead
[Wed Oct 21 20:40:42 2009] : (2) Helena: "Who or what are you waiting for?"
[Wed Oct 21 20:41:21 2009] : (1) The Watcher: It just stands there for now, voice rasping as though rusty from long unuse.
[Wed Oct 21 20:41:25 2009] : (4) Elora: Elora follows Zotin
[Wed Oct 21 20:42:12 2009] : (1) The Watcher: "I watch.... for what?... I do not remember..."
[Wed Oct 21 20:42:28 2009] : (1) The Watcher: "Do I wait... for you?"
[Wed Oct 21 20:42:49 2009] : (2) Helena: "I don't know. Do you?"
[Wed Oct 21 20:43:13 2009] : (2) Helena: "What will you do when the waiting and watching is over?"
[Wed Oct 21 20:43:51 2009] : (8) Zotin: "How long have you been watching?"
[Wed Oct 21 20:44:08 2009] : (1) The Watcher: "Die?... Or am I dead already?...I do not remember."
[Wed Oct 21 20:44:48 2009] : (2) Helena: "Do you have a message for us? Or do you need to give us something?"
[Wed Oct 21 20:44:58 2009] : (1) The Watcher: The watcher does not answer for a while.
[Wed Oct 21 20:45:03 2009] : (4) Elora: "Or should we be giving you something?"
[Wed Oct 21 20:45:16 2009] : (1) The Watcher: "Message...? Perhaps..."
[Wed Oct 21 20:45:28 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc Anybody else reminded of the Tin Man?
[Wed Oct 21 20:45:31 2009] : (8) Zotin: (to the others) "Maybe it knows something about the cup"
[Wed Oct 21 20:45:47 2009] : (2) Helena: "What is your message for us?"
[Wed Oct 21 20:46:07 2009] : (1) The Watcher: At Zotin's words the skeletal figures shifts and aims his spear.
[Wed Oct 21 20:46:31 2009] : (8) Zotin: Zotin looks a trifle worried
[Wed Oct 21 20:46:40 2009] : (1) The Watcher: "Alarm?... Thieves...?"
[Wed Oct 21 20:47:01 2009] : (1) The Watcher: It stands there unmoving, spear held still.
[Wed Oct 21 20:47:01 2009] : (8) Zotin: "We have stolen nothing from you"
[Wed Oct 21 20:47:03 2009] : (2) Helena: "There are no thieves here"
[Wed Oct 21 20:47:46 2009] : (1) The Watcher: Again a pause
[Wed Oct 21 20:48:34 2009] : (1) The Watcher: The spear is raised to an upright position again.
[Wed Oct 21 20:48:50 2009] : (1) The Watcher: "Thieves...." it sounds more confidant.
[Wed Oct 21 20:49:17 2009] : (1) The Watcher: "Steal... And I die...?" it rasps softly.
[Wed Oct 21 20:49:27 2009] : (8) Zotin: "A dragon on the nearby island told us it had a silver cup"
[Wed Oct 21 20:49:37 2009] : (2) Helena: "Do you want to die? Do you want to rest now?"
[Wed Oct 21 20:49:44 2009] : (5) Barnabas: "You would like us to steal something to let you die?"
[Wed Oct 21 20:50:01 2009] : (1) The Watcher: "Beneath.... hidden...guarded..."
[Wed Oct 21 20:50:05 2009] : (2) Helena: "Tell us what we need to take to help you go to your rest"
[Wed Oct 21 20:50:14 2009] : (1) The Watcher: It jabs its spear again. "Steal it!"
[Wed Oct 21 20:50:19 2009] : (2) Helena: "Guarded by what?"
[Wed Oct 21 20:50:43 2009] : (2) Helena: "We will help you. We will take it and grand you your eternal rest"
[Wed Oct 21 20:50:45 2009] : (1) The Watcher: "I... do not remember."
[Wed Oct 21 20:51:11 2009] : (1) The Watcher: "Men.... women... pirates!".
[Wed Oct 21 20:51:36 2009] : (2) Helena: "Are the dead?"
[Wed Oct 21 20:52:14 2009] : (1) The Watcher: "Dead...? No... Yes... No and yes."
[Wed Oct 21 20:52:27 2009] : (1) The Watcher: It jabs its spear again. "Steal it!"
[Wed Oct 21 20:52:28 2009] : (2) Helena: "Dead but still moving?"
[Wed Oct 21 20:52:43 2009] : (8) Zotin: ooc who is it jabbing its spear towards?
[Wed Oct 21 20:53:02 2009] : (1) The Watcher: ooc Helena, she's closest.
[Wed Oct 21 20:53:12 2009] : (2) Helena: "Just wait here until you can rest. We will do what we can"
[Wed Oct 21 20:53:37 2009] : (1) The Watcher: "I... wait..." The figure returns to looking out across the water.
[Wed Oct 21 20:53:44 2009] : (1) The Watcher: "I... watch..."
[Wed Oct 21 20:54:06 2009] : (5) Barnabas: "Let's go back to ground level"
[Wed Oct 21 20:54:15 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena moves away
[Wed Oct 21 20:54:26 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Barnabas heads down
[Wed Oct 21 20:54:34 2009] : (2) Helena: "I think we need to go lower than that"
[Wed Oct 21 20:54:39 2009] : (8) Zotin: "Yes"
[Wed Oct 21 20:54:54 2009] : (1) DM: ooc brb
[Wed Oct 21 20:54:55 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena follows Barnabas
[Wed Oct 21 20:55:20 2009] : (4) Elora: "We need to find out one of two things"
[Wed Oct 21 20:55:29 2009] : (4) Elora: "Either something that will tell us what he's doing ehre"
[Wed Oct 21 20:55:37 2009] : (4) Elora: "Or something that will trigger his memory"
[Wed Oct 21 20:57:24 2009] : (5) Barnabas: "I wanted to talk out of his 'earshot'"
[Wed Oct 21 20:57:33 2009] : (5) Barnabas: "Not that he has ears"
[Wed Oct 21 20:57:33 2009] : (8) Zotin: "I think his memory is long gone. Only the very basics are there"
[Wed Oct 21 20:57:34 2009] : (2) Helena: "He says he's watching and waiting. Looking out for thieves. And now he's waited so long he's tired of it and just wants to die for real"
[Wed Oct 21 20:57:45 2009] : (5) Barnabas: "Do we trust him?"
[Wed Oct 21 20:58:01 2009] : (2) Helena: "He could have attacked me or sounded the alarm"
[Wed Oct 21 20:58:11 2009] : (5) Barnabas: "Perhaps he always behaves as such, to lure the helpful into a trap"
[Wed Oct 21 20:58:38 2009] : (2) Helena: "A trap? When he warned us there are guards?"
[Wed Oct 21 20:58:41 2009] : (5) Barnabas: "If he attacked, you might destroy him"
[Wed Oct 21 20:59:02 2009] : (5) Barnabas: "Sure, but not a bloody great hidden pit or spiked wall"
[Wed Oct 21 20:59:32 2009] : (5) Barnabas: "the simple fact is that we can't necessarily take him at his word"
[Wed Oct 21 21:00:02 2009] : (1) DM: ooc back
[Wed Oct 21 21:00:19 2009] : (2) Helena: "I don't say I completely trust him, but I don't get the feeling he's lying either"
[Wed Oct 21 21:01:01 2009] : (2) Helena: "When we get down, I'll sneak ahead"
[Wed Oct 21 21:01:02 2009] : (8) Zotin: "Its an odd way to place a trap"
[Wed Oct 21 21:03:12 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena takes the lead getting the stairs down from the ground floor
[Wed Oct 21 21:03:20 2009] : (2) Helena: Stealth: [1d20+5+1-0+5] => [7,5,1,0,5] = (18)
[Wed Oct 21 21:03:58 2009] : (1) DM: The stairs spiral down into the darkness, the air is damp and heavy with the smell of decay and rot.
[Wed Oct 21 21:04:37 2009] : (5) Barnabas: "Hold on, I need a lantern to see down there"
[Wed Oct 21 21:05:59 2009] : (8) Zotin: "Even I cannot see in that darkness"
[Wed Oct 21 21:06:50 2009] : (1) DM: At the bottom of the stairs is a square room littered with debris and stones and mounds of decaying matter, water has formed scummy pools.
[Wed Oct 21 21:07:02 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Barnabas lights his lantern and proceeds
[Wed Oct 21 21:07:30 2009] : (1) DM: ooc I'm not using the right minis
[Wed Oct 21 21:08:05 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena looks into the room before entering
[Wed Oct 21 21:08:24 2009] : (4) Elora: "I can see fine, do you want me to go down"?
[Wed Oct 21 21:08:40 2009] : (4) Elora: ooc do dwarves still have darkvision in 4e? ;)
[Wed Oct 21 21:08:42 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc What do I use to detect traps?
[Wed Oct 21 21:08:51 2009] : (4) Elora: ooc omfg the million minis
[Wed Oct 21 21:08:57 2009] : (1) DM: ooc passive perception
[Wed Oct 21 21:09:15 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc But that sucks!
[Wed Oct 21 21:10:08 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Perception: [1d20+-1+1] => [13,-1,1] = (13)
[Wed Oct 21 21:10:18 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc 10
[Wed Oct 21 21:10:28 2009] : (8) Zotin: ooc Zotin would be better at it!
[Wed Oct 21 21:10:56 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc oh, I thought that was a request ;-)
[Wed Oct 21 21:10:57 2009] : (1) DM: There's a door way to the north, a old door, covered in slime and fungus.
[Wed Oct 21 21:11:31 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc My passive perception is only 10, and that's all I've got to search for traps with?
[Wed Oct 21 21:12:24 2009] : (1) DM: ooc not my fault you didn't take that skill
[Wed Oct 21 21:12:57 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena goes on, keeping an eye out for traps
[Wed Oct 21 21:13:20 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc It was never suggested to me as a rogue skill *shrug*
[Wed Oct 21 21:14:47 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc Is the door open or closed?
[Wed Oct 21 21:14:57 2009] : (1) DM: Closed
[Wed Oct 21 21:16:39 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc Is there a lock or bolt?
[Wed Oct 21 21:17:23 2009] : (1) DM: You can't really tell underneath the mold and slime and fungus. You can barely tell it's a door.
[Wed Oct 21 21:18:20 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena pushes at the door to see if it will open
[Wed Oct 21 21:18:56 2009] : (1) DM: The door collapses in splashing into the soggy ground.
[Wed Oct 21 21:19:08 2009] : (1) DM: Something in the next room groans....
[Wed Oct 21 21:19:36 2009] : (2) Helena: Uh oh
[Wed Oct 21 21:19:45 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena peers in
[Wed Oct 21 21:20:59 2009] : (1) DM: The room is dimly lit with a greenish glow from the fungus clusters clinging to the ceilings and walls.
[Wed Oct 21 21:21:51 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena holds up her left hand to the others, indicating she sees 3 "persons" in the room ahead
[Wed Oct 21 21:22:17 2009] : (1) DM: Inside are two corpses, uptright and groaning. A third zombie stands further back next to a low platform and a chest.
[Wed Oct 21 21:22:27 2009] : (1) DM: Roll initiative
[Wed Oct 21 21:22:47 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Initiative: [1d20+1+1+2] => [13,1,1,2] = (17) - Includes +2 for Combat Leader
[Wed Oct 21 21:23:02 2009] : (8) Zotin: Initiative
[Wed Oct 21 21:23:06 2009] : (8) Zotin: Initiative: [1d20 + 2/2 + (16/2-5) + 4 + 2] => [9,1,3,4,2] = (19)
[Wed Oct 21 21:23:06 2009] : (8) Zotin: Initiative: [1d20 + 2/2 + (16/2-5) + 4 + 2] => [12,1,3,4,2] = (22)
[Wed Oct 21 21:23:13 2009] : (1) DM: [1d20-1] => [14,-1] = (13)
[Wed Oct 21 21:23:13 2009] : (8) Zotin: ooc feck!
[Wed Oct 21 21:23:15 2009] : (1) DM: [1d20-1] => [4,-1] = (3)
[Wed Oct 21 21:23:22 2009] : (2) Helena: Initiative: [1d20+2+5+2] => [5,2,5,2] = (14) - Includes +2 for Combat Leader
[Wed Oct 21 21:23:25 2009] : (1) DM: [1d20+3] => [13,3] = (16)
[Wed Oct 21 21:23:29 2009] : (1) DM: [1d20+6] => [2,6] = (8)
[Wed Oct 21 21:25:11 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc Hmm, the DM rolls 4 times after telling us we can 3 enemies
[Wed Oct 21 21:25:12 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc damn, just dripped red wine on my play cards
[Wed Oct 21 21:25:20 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc Ouch
[Wed Oct 21 21:25:56 2009] : (4) Elora: Initiative: [1d20 + 1 +2] => [5,1,2] = (8) (includes +2 combat leader)
[Wed Oct 21 21:27:40 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc just hid myself, glad I knew where I was!
[Wed Oct 21 21:28:31 2009] : (1) DM: Helena, your surprise round.
[Wed Oct 21 21:28:53 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena walks in and attacks A
[Wed Oct 21 21:29:07 2009] : (2) Helena: First Strike: (EP)At encounter start, I get combat advantage against foes that haven't acted yet.
[Wed Oct 21 21:29:23 2009] : (2) Helena: Sly Flourish Shortsword: (AWP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+5+2+3] => [5,5,2,3] = (15) - Hit: [1d6+5+3] => [2,5,3] = (10) damage - [2d8] => [3,3] = (6) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A distracting flourish causes the enemy to forget the blade at his throat.

[Wed Oct 21 21:29:35 2009] : (2) Helena: Done
[Wed Oct 21 21:30:49 2009] : (1) DM: Helena stabs, tearing rotten flesh writhing with maggots.
[Wed Oct 21 21:30:56 2009] : (1) DM: Zotin?
[Wed Oct 21 21:31:00 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc nice
[Wed Oct 21 21:31:04 2009] : (8) Zotin: Zotin hears the commotion and heads down the stairs
[Wed Oct 21 21:31:45 2009] : (8) Zotin: ooc double move in behind H
[Wed Oct 21 21:32:03 2009] : (8) Zotin: Done
[Wed Oct 21 21:32:10 2009] : (1) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Oct 21 21:33:18 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc I thought you all were already there
[Wed Oct 21 21:33:33 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Barnabas moves into the room
[Wed Oct 21 21:33:50 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Barnabas swipes at A with his sword
[Wed Oct 21 21:33:54 2009] : (8) Zotin: ooc Zotin was letting some other mug get ambushed
[Wed Oct 21 21:34:03 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Wolf Pack Tactics: (AWP) Initial: 1 ally adjacent to me or the target can shift one square as a free action.
To-hit vs. AC [1d20+3+1+3] => [3,3,1,3] = (10) - Hit: [1d8 + 3] => [5,3] = (8) damage

[Wed Oct 21 21:34:08 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 21 21:34:15 2009] : (1) DM: Miss
[Wed Oct 21 21:34:28 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Helena, care to shift?
[Wed Oct 21 21:34:37 2009] : (2) Helena: Sure
[Wed Oct 21 21:34:42 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Done
[Wed Oct 21 21:35:19 2009] : (1) Corruption Corpse: [1d20+4] => [8,4] = (12)
[Wed Oct 21 21:35:52 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc Corruption corpse? Sounds like a song by the Sisters of Mercy ;-)
[Wed Oct 21 21:35:56 2009] : (1) Corruption Corpse: The zombie at the back flings a black glob of necrotic filth at Barnabas
[Wed Oct 21 21:35:59 2009] : (1) Corruption Corpse: Mote of Corruption: [1d20 + 7] => [4,7] = (11) vs Ref. ===> [2d6+3] => [2,4,3] = (9) necrotic and weakened (save ends)
[Wed Oct 21 21:36:00 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc KMAO
[Wed Oct 21 21:36:02 2009] : (8) Zotin: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 21 21:36:06 2009] : (1) Corruption Corpse: And misses
[Wed Oct 21 21:36:36 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Barnabas ducks
[Wed Oct 21 21:36:45 2009] : (1) DM: Helena? You spot a forth zombie perches in the corner on a ledge. It's winged.
[Wed Oct 21 21:37:54 2009] : (1) DM: Helena, your turn.
[Wed Oct 21 21:38:18 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena only has her sword in her hand, so she concentrates on the enemy next to her. She moves and attacks
[Wed Oct 21 21:38:25 2009] : (2) Helena: Piercing Strike Shortsword: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+5+2+3] => [1,5,2,3] = (11) - Hit: [1d6+5] => [5,5] = (10) damage - [2d8] => [5,8] = (13) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A needle-sharp point slips past armour and into tender flesh.

[Wed Oct 21 21:38:44 2009] : (1) DM: Misses
[Wed Oct 21 21:38:46 2009] : (2) Helena: "Guys: there another one up there"
[Wed Oct 21 21:38:48 2009] : (2) Helena: Done
[Wed Oct 21 21:39:09 2009] : (1) DM: No, it hits.
[Wed Oct 21 21:39:18 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc Reflex :)
[Wed Oct 21 21:39:28 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc and flanked
[Wed Oct 21 21:39:29 2009] : (1) DM: ooc combat advantage +2
[Wed Oct 21 21:40:05 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc Who cares: it's a hit
[Wed Oct 21 21:40:12 2009] : (1) DM: Helena's precise strike nearly ends the zombie's undeath but it retaliates and trys to hit back.
[Wed Oct 21 21:40:17 2009] : (1) Zombie A: Slam: [1d20 + 6] => [1,6] = (7) vs AC ===> [2d6+2] => [5,1,2] = (8)
[Wed Oct 21 21:40:40 2009] : (1) Zombie A: It swings wildly and misses completely.
[Wed Oct 21 21:40:44 2009] : (1) DM: Elora?
[Wed Oct 21 21:41:15 2009] : (4) Elora: Elora enters the commotion and passes Barnabas, heaving her axe to strike (on B)
[Wed Oct 21 21:41:40 2009] : (4) Elora: ooc not even sure I can strike, I've movesd more than my share.
[Wed Oct 21 21:42:02 2009] : (4) Elora: Reaping Strike: (AWP) - Greataxe +2: [1d20+7+1+2] => [4,7,1,2] = (14) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6+2] => [5,6,2] = (13) - Miss: Half Strength modifier damage. If you're wielding a two-handed weapon, you deal damage equal to your Strength modifier [4] => 4 (foe is marked)
[Wed Oct 21 21:42:18 2009] : (4) Elora: done.
[Wed Oct 21 21:42:19 2009] : (1) DM: ooc I'll allow it, you wouldn't be that far behind.
[Wed Oct 21 21:42:32 2009] : (4) Elora: 4 damage if it misses
[Wed Oct 21 21:42:44 2009] : (1) DM: Axe blade crunches bone.
[Wed Oct 21 21:44:20 2009] : (1) Rotwing Zombie: The flying zombie tumbles off its perch and clumsily dives at Zotin
[Wed Oct 21 21:44:34 2009] : (1) Rotwing Zombie: Opputunity attacks from Barnabas, and Elora
[Wed Oct 21 21:44:36 2009] : (1) Rotwing Zombie: Flying Charge: [1d20 + 9] => [19,9] = (28) vs AC ===> [1d8+2 + 2d6] => [5,2,3,5] = (15)
[Wed Oct 21 21:44:52 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc That is some attack
[Wed Oct 21 21:44:59 2009] : (8) Zotin: ooc clumsily??
[Wed Oct 21 21:45:23 2009] : (8) Zotin: Zotin reels from the heavy hit
[Wed Oct 21 21:45:26 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc A clumsy dive that ends in crashing on Zotin
[Wed Oct 21 21:45:28 2009] : (1) Rotwing Zombie: ooc it didn't dive like a peregrine falcon.
[Wed Oct 21 21:45:33 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Melee Basic Attack - Longsword: [1d20+3+1+3] => [1,3,1,3] = (8) Damage: [1d8+3] => [1,3] = (4)
[Wed Oct 21 21:45:48 2009] : (1) Rotwing Zombie: Barnaba's sword flicks out but misses.
[Wed Oct 21 21:46:06 2009] : (1) Rotwing Zombie: ooc Elora, basic attack for your opportunity attack
[Wed Oct 21 21:47:08 2009] : (4) Elora: Greataxe +2: [1d20+7+1+2] => [3,7,1,2] = (13) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6+2] => [11,6,2] = (19)
[Wed Oct 21 21:47:16 2009] : (1) Rotwing Zombie: Misses
[Wed Oct 21 21:47:32 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc That;s just too bad: 19 damage!
[Wed Oct 21 21:47:40 2009] : (1) Zombie B: A zombie slams into Elora with a filthy hand
[Wed Oct 21 21:47:44 2009] : (1) Zombie B: Slam: [1d20 + 6] => [5,6] = (11) vs AC ===> [2d6+2] => [5,4,2] = (11)
[Wed Oct 21 21:47:53 2009] : (1) DM: Zotin?
[Wed Oct 21 21:47:59 2009] : (8) Zotin: Zotin backs away from the winged zombie and retaliates
[Wed Oct 21 21:48:03 2009] : (8) Zotin: Icy Rays: (EP) Ranged 10 (1 or 2 targets):
Primary Attack: To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(18/2-5)+3/2] => [13,4,1] = (18) - Hit: [1d10+(18/2-5)] => [7,4] = (11) Cold damage.

[Wed Oct 21 21:48:29 2009] : (8) Zotin: ooc both rays on the winged thing, 2 two attacks?
[Wed Oct 21 21:48:39 2009] : (8) Zotin: ooc *so two*
[Wed Oct 21 21:48:43 2009] : (1) DM: Frozen flesh cracks and falls to the ground, exposing bones and tendons.
[Wed Oct 21 21:49:06 2009] : (1) DM: ooc two attack rolls, yes
[Wed Oct 21 21:49:10 2009] : (8) Zotin: Icy Rays: (EP) Ranged 10 (1 or 2 targets):
Primary Attack: To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(18/2-5)+3/2] => [6,4,1] = (11) - Hit: [1d10+(18/2-5)] => [2,4] = (6) Cold damage.

[Wed Oct 21 21:49:26 2009] : (1) DM: Miss
[Wed Oct 21 21:49:38 2009] : (8) Zotin: ooc I should put both into the one attack. Will leave it til after
[Wed Oct 21 21:50:03 2009] : (1) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Oct 21 21:50:44 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Seeing how Zotin is injured, Barnabas presses his attack on D
[Wed Oct 21 21:51:06 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Opening Shove: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+3+1+3] => [18,3,1,3] = (25) - Hit: You push the target 1 square. One ally you can see either shifts 2 squares or makes a melee basic attack against the target.
[Wed Oct 21 21:51:44 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Zotin, care to attack it?
[Wed Oct 21 21:51:54 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc if not, then shift
[Wed Oct 21 21:51:57 2009] : (1) DM: Your attack forces the zombie to the ground and into the doorway.
[Wed Oct 21 21:52:17 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Barnabas steps forwards to block it getting to Zotin
[Wed Oct 21 21:52:21 2009] : (8) Zotin: ooc shift
[Wed Oct 21 21:52:27 2009] : (1) DM: ooc Zotin isn't in range for an attack.
[Wed Oct 21 21:52:51 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc wasn't sure if his melee basic was different
[Wed Oct 21 21:53:09 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Done
[Wed Oct 21 21:53:17 2009] : (1) Corruption Corpse: The corruption zombie hurls a glob of flith at Helena
[Wed Oct 21 21:53:18 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Inspiring Word: (EP; minor) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6+3] => [5,3] = (8) HP (on top of their surge value)
[Wed Oct 21 21:53:23 2009] : (1) Corruption Corpse: Mote of Corruption: [1d20 + 7] => [10,7] = (17) vs Ref. ===> [2d6+3] => [6,3,3] = (12) necrotic and weakened (save ends)
[Wed Oct 21 21:53:34 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc Barnabas encourages Zotin
[Wed Oct 21 21:53:34 2009] : (1) Corruption Corpse: Helena ducks.
[Wed Oct 21 21:53:39 2009] : (1) DM: Helena?
[Wed Oct 21 21:54:05 2009] : (8) Zotin: ooc Zotin appears to be encouraged
[Wed Oct 21 21:54:08 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena once again lets her sword do the talking as she lunges at A
[Wed Oct 21 21:54:12 2009] : (2) Helena: Piercing Strike Shortsword: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+5+2+3] => [13,5,2,3] = (23) - Hit: [1d6+5] => [1,5] = (6) damage - [2d8] => [7,1] = (8) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A needle-sharp point slips past armour and into tender flesh.

[Wed Oct 21 21:54:33 2009] : (2) Helena: Done
[Wed Oct 21 21:54:51 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc sorry I ruined your flanking, but I wanted to protect Zotin
[Wed Oct 21 21:54:54 2009] : (1) DM: The zombie falls, landing with a most unpleasant sound on the damp and fungus ridden ground.
[Wed Oct 21 21:55:13 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 21 21:55:22 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc It was as good as dead anyway, it just needed the smallest of nudges to drop dead
[Wed Oct 21 21:55:27 2009] : (1) DM: Elora?
[Wed Oct 21 21:55:32 2009] : (8) Zotin: ooc just remembered, the flying thing should be immobilised 'until the end of my next turn'
[Wed Oct 21 21:55:54 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc now you tell me!
[Wed Oct 21 21:56:02 2009] : (4) Elora: Elora swings her axe again, hoping to crunch bones
[Wed Oct 21 21:56:03 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc KMAO
[Wed Oct 21 21:56:17 2009] : (4) Elora: Reaping Strike: (AWP) - Greataxe +2: [1d20+7+1+2] => [6,7,1,2] = (16) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6+2] => [10,6,2] = (18) - Miss: Half Strength modifier damage. If you're wielding a two-handed weapon, you deal damage equal to your Strength modifier [4] => 4 (foe is marked)
[Wed Oct 21 21:56:40 2009] : (1) DM: Bones are crunched and flesh is torn.
[Wed Oct 21 21:57:18 2009] : (8) Zotin: ooc I should've re-read the description
[Wed Oct 21 21:57:23 2009] : (4) Elora: ooc I got 15 HP damage, didn't I?
[Wed Oct 21 21:57:48 2009] : (4) Elora: ooc never mind, misread
[Wed Oct 21 21:58:12 2009] : (4) Elora: ooc B didn't do anything?
[Wed Oct 21 21:58:15 2009] : (4) Elora: ooc oh well.
[Wed Oct 21 21:58:17 2009] : (4) Elora: then done.
[Wed Oct 21 21:58:20 2009] : (1) DM: ooc it missed
[Wed Oct 21 21:58:33 2009] : (1) Rotwing Zombie: Slam: [1d20 + 9] => [4,9] = (13) vs AC ===> [1d8+2] => [6,2] = (8)
[Wed Oct 21 21:58:40 2009] : (1) Zombie B: Slam: [1d20 + 9] => [13,9] = (22) vs AC ===> [1d8+2] => [7,2] = (9)
[Wed Oct 21 21:58:52 2009] : (1) Zombie B: A zombie smacks Elora for 9 damage
[Wed Oct 21 21:59:00 2009] : (1) DM: Zotin?
[Wed Oct 21 21:59:14 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc rotwing is apparently frozen
[Wed Oct 21 21:59:40 2009] : (1) DM: ooc immobile means you can't move, you can sill attack.... I think.
[Wed Oct 21 21:59:58 2009] : (8) Zotin: Zotin attacks Zombie B
[Wed Oct 21 22:00:00 2009] : (8) Zotin: Magic Missile: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(18/2-5)+3/2] => [1,4,1] = (6) - Hit: [2d4+(18/2-5)] => [1,1,4] = (6) force damage.
[Wed Oct 21 22:00:04 2009] : (1) DM: ooc yes
[Wed Oct 21 22:00:09 2009] : (8) Zotin: ooc or not
[Wed Oct 21 22:00:10 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc But isn't Elora out of reach?
[Wed Oct 21 22:00:16 2009] : (1) DM: The missile goes wide.
[Wed Oct 21 22:00:18 2009] : (8) Zotin: Shift
[Wed Oct 21 22:00:20 2009] : (8) Zotin: Done
[Wed Oct 21 22:00:41 2009] : (1) DM: ooc you're misreading, Bert. Zombie B attacked Elora.
[Wed Oct 21 22:00:53 2009] : (1) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Oct 21 22:00:58 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc Ah
[Wed Oct 21 22:01:23 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Leaf on the wind: (EP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+3+1+3] => [19,3,1,3] = (26) - Hit: [2d8+3] => [3,2,3] = (8) damage, then you or an ally adjacent to the target swaps places with it.
[Wed Oct 21 22:01:51 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc Do I have to swap places?
[Wed Oct 21 22:02:02 2009] : (1) DM: ooc no
[Wed Oct 21 22:02:19 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Barnabas feigns his movement
[Wed Oct 21 22:02:23 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Done
[Wed Oct 21 22:02:34 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc rubbish damage!
[Wed Oct 21 22:02:41 2009] : (1) Corruption Corpse: At Helena again
[Wed Oct 21 22:02:43 2009] : (1) Corruption Corpse: Mote of Corruption: [1d20 + 7] => [14,7] = (21) vs Ref. ===> [2d6+3] => [5,2,3] = (10) necrotic and weakened (save ends)
[Wed Oct 21 22:03:08 2009] : (2) Helena: Second Chance: (EP) Effect: When an attack hits, force an enemy to roll the attack again. The enemy uses the second roll, even if it's lower.

[Wed Oct 21 22:03:18 2009] : (1) Corruption Corpse: Helena, the attacks leaves you weakened (attacks deal half damage)
[Wed Oct 21 22:03:25 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc I remembered!
[Wed Oct 21 22:03:28 2009] : (1) Corruption Corpse: Mote of Corruption: [1d20 + 7] => [16,7] = (23) vs Ref. ===> [2d6+3] => [4,6,3] = (13) necrotic and weakened (save ends)
[Wed Oct 21 22:03:30 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 21 22:03:44 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc And it didn't help LOL
[Wed Oct 21 22:03:46 2009] : (1) Corruption Corpse: Third chance?
[Wed Oct 21 22:03:54 2009] : (1) DM: Helena?
[Wed Oct 21 22:04:01 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc Nah, not tonight
[Wed Oct 21 22:04:25 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena moves towards B and attacks before it hurts Elora even more
[Wed Oct 21 22:04:35 2009] : (2) Helena: Piercing Strike Shortsword: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+5+2+3] => [10,5,2,3] = (20) - Hit: [1d6+5] => [2,5] = (7) damage - [2d8] => [3,1] = (4) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A needle-sharp point slips past armour and into tender flesh.

[Wed Oct 21 22:04:54 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc Not a lot of damage
[Wed Oct 21 22:05:18 2009] : (2) Helena: Sneak in the Attack: (UP) Effect: Until the start of my next turn, the next ally who hits the target and has combat advantage against it deals extra damage against it equal to my Sneak Attack damage.
[Wed Oct 21 22:05:19 2009] : (1) DM: In your weakened state you fail to deliver a killing strike.
[Wed Oct 21 22:05:23 2009] : (1) DM: ooc saving throw
[Wed Oct 21 22:05:38 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc 1d20?
[Wed Oct 21 22:05:42 2009] : (1) DM: ooc yes
[Wed Oct 21 22:05:44 2009] : (2) Helena: [1d20] => [6] = (6)
[Wed Oct 21 22:05:51 2009] : (1) DM: Still weakened.
[Wed Oct 21 22:05:56 2009] : (1) DM: Elora?
[Wed Oct 21 22:06:10 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc can you take the extra blue colour off the flavour text H?
[Wed Oct 21 22:06:24 2009] : (4) Elora: ooc yeah, was gonna say, looks like me :)
[Wed Oct 21 22:06:31 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena's position enables Elora to deliver extra damage
[Wed Oct 21 22:07:10 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc I'll take a look at it
[Wed Oct 21 22:07:11 2009] : (4) Elora: Elora attacks B with a mighty swing
[Wed Oct 21 22:07:34 2009] : (4) Elora: Reaping Strike: (AWP) - Greataxe +2: [1d20+7+1+2] => [16,7,1,2] = (26) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6+2] => [12,6,2] = (20) - Miss: Half Strength modifier damage. If you're wielding a two-handed weapon, you deal damage equal to your Strength modifier [4] => 4 (foe is marked)
[Wed Oct 21 22:08:00 2009] : (4) Elora: ooc ouch, I would say. + Helena's sneak?
[Wed Oct 21 22:08:03 2009] : (1) DM: Elora cleaves the zombie into two pieces.
[Wed Oct 21 22:08:25 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc Yep
[Wed Oct 21 22:08:33 2009] : (1) DM: And the with the back swing she cuts it into quarters.
[Wed Oct 21 22:08:40 2009] : (4) Elora: Elora, having hacked the zombie in two, takes a deep breath
[Wed Oct 21 22:08:43 2009] : (4) Elora: Healing surge: Thanks to some good fortune, Elora spends a healing surge and regains [9] => 9 HP. (dwarven resilience: minor action)
[Wed Oct 21 22:08:49 2009] : (4) Elora: done.
[Wed Oct 21 22:09:04 2009] : (1) Rotwing Zombie: Attacking Barnbas
[Wed Oct 21 22:09:08 2009] : (1) Rotwing Zombie: Slam: [1d20 + 9] => [3,9] = (12) vs AC ===> [1d8+2] => [1,2] = (3)
[Wed Oct 21 22:09:13 2009] : (1) DM: Zotin?
[Wed Oct 21 22:09:54 2009] : (8) Zotin: Zotin tries to get his own back on the flying thing
[Wed Oct 21 22:09:56 2009] : (8) Zotin: Magic Missile: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(18/2-5)+3/2] => [9,4,1] = (14) - Hit: [2d4+(18/2-5)] => [3,4,4] = (11) force damage.
[Wed Oct 21 22:10:17 2009] : (8) Zotin: Done
[Wed Oct 21 22:10:19 2009] : (1) DM: Miss
[Wed Oct 21 22:10:23 2009] : (1) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Oct 21 22:10:53 2009] : (5) Barnabas: "You guys take out that shit chucker, I'm holding this back from charging"
[Wed Oct 21 22:11:13 2009] : (5) Barnabas: barnabas points at the corruption corpse
[Wed Oct 21 22:11:19 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Inspired Belligerence: (UP) Effect: All allies gain combat advantage against the target until my next turn.
Special: Inspiring Presence - Allies add Barnabas's Cha mod [2] => 2 to damage rolls vs. the target

[Wed Oct 21 22:11:37 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Warlord's Strike: (EP) Str vs. AC [1d20+3+1+3] => [15,3,1,3] = (22) - Hit: [2d8+3] => [8,3,3] = (14) damage. Until the end of my next turn all allies gain a +3 bonus to damage vs. the target.
[Wed Oct 21 22:11:47 2009] : (1) DM: Hit
[Wed Oct 21 22:11:58 2009] : (5) Barnabas: "Zotin, you're with me on this one"
[Wed Oct 21 22:12:01 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Done
[Wed Oct 21 22:12:20 2009] : (8) Zotin: Zotin salutes
[Wed Oct 21 22:12:23 2009] : (1) Corruption Corpse: Mote of Corruption: [1d20 + 7] => [6,7] = (13) vs Ref. ===> [2d6+3] => [6,6,3] = (15) necrotic and weakened (save ends)
[Wed Oct 21 22:12:41 2009] : (1) Corruption Corpse: A glob of filth goes past Zotin's ear
[Wed Oct 21 22:12:49 2009] : (1) DM: Helena?
[Wed Oct 21 22:13:38 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena turns around and goes forward to attack C
[Wed Oct 21 22:13:51 2009] : (2) Helena: Piercing Strike Shortsword: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+5+2+3] => [2,5,2,3] = (12) - Hit: [1d6+5] => [1,5] = (6) damage - [2d8] => [6,4] = (10) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A needle-sharp point slips past armour and into tender flesh.

[Wed Oct 21 22:13:55 2009] : (1) DM: Miss
[Wed Oct 21 22:14:03 2009] : (2) Helena: [1d20] => [15] = (15)
[Wed Oct 21 22:14:07 2009] : (2) Helena: Done
[Wed Oct 21 22:14:14 2009] : (1) DM: You shrug off the weakness
[Wed Oct 21 22:14:18 2009] : (1) DM: Elora?
[Wed Oct 21 22:14:20 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc she has combat advantage
[Wed Oct 21 22:14:30 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc if that helps any ;-)
[Wed Oct 21 22:14:40 2009] : (4) Elora: ooc can I even get to D?
[Wed Oct 21 22:14:49 2009] : (1) DM: ooc hit then
[Wed Oct 21 22:14:54 2009] : (8) Zotin: ooc go for c
[Wed Oct 21 22:14:57 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc I pointed you at C
[Wed Oct 21 22:15:15 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc you get combat advantage and +2 to damage
[Wed Oct 21 22:15:39 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc I like it
[Wed Oct 21 22:15:41 2009] : (4) Elora: Elora moves swoftly towards C, heaving her axe in the process, letting it fall on the creature
[Wed Oct 21 22:15:51 2009] : (4) Elora: Reaping Strike: (AWP) - Greataxe +2: [1d20+7+1+2] => [12,7,1,2] = (22) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6+2] => [7,6,2] = (15) - Miss: Half Strength modifier damage. If you're wielding a two-handed weapon, you deal damage equal to your Strength modifier [4] => 4 (foe is marked)
[Wed Oct 21 22:16:13 2009] : (4) Elora: +flank (can those undead things be flanked?)
[Wed Oct 21 22:16:15 2009] : (4) Elora: done.
[Wed Oct 21 22:16:29 2009] : (1) DM: ooc everything can be flanked and sneak attacked.
[Wed Oct 21 22:16:42 2009] : (4) Elora: ooc forgot, 4e is for retards ;)
[Wed Oct 21 22:16:49 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc LOL
[Wed Oct 21 22:16:52 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc :P
[Wed Oct 21 22:17:07 2009] : (1) Rotwing Zombie: The rotwing zombie shifts back and launches into the air.
[Wed Oct 21 22:17:09 2009] : (8) Zotin: ooc did they not say that about 3e too
[Wed Oct 21 22:17:40 2009] : (1) DM: Zotin?
[Wed Oct 21 22:18:22 2009] : (5) Barnabas: "I'm charging it in a second Zotin, get behind me and shoot it"
[Wed Oct 21 22:18:30 2009] : (8) Zotin: Zotin moves til he can see the creature
[Wed Oct 21 22:18:42 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc +3 to damage
[Wed Oct 21 22:18:49 2009] : (8) Zotin: Magic Missile: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(18/2-5)+3/2] => [20,4,1] = (25) - Hit: [2d4+(18/2-5)] => [1,1,4] = (6) force damage.
[Wed Oct 21 22:19:13 2009] : (8) Zotin: ooc crit :)
[Wed Oct 21 22:19:50 2009] : (8) Zotin: Done
[Wed Oct 21 22:19:51 2009] : (1) DM: Zotin's well aimed missile seems to strike a weak spot in the zombie and it just falls apart in mid air. bones and flesh tumbling and splashing to the ground.
[Wed Oct 21 22:20:23 2009] : (1) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Oct 21 22:20:27 2009] : (8) Zotin: Zotin looks satisified to have struck the 'fatal' blow
[Wed Oct 21 22:20:27 2009] : (5) Barnabas: "Yes, well done Zotin!"
[Wed Oct 21 22:20:53 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Barnabas turns and attacks the corruption corpse
[Wed Oct 21 22:21:04 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Viper's Strike: (AWP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+3+1+3] => [3,3,1,3] = (10) - Hit: [1d8+3] => [8,3] = (11) damage
Effect: If the target shifts before my next turn, it provokes an OA from an ally of my choice.

[Wed Oct 21 22:21:22 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc anyone injured??
[Wed Oct 21 22:21:26 2009] : (1) DM: Miss
[Wed Oct 21 22:21:30 2009] : (8) Zotin: ooc only 1 down
[Wed Oct 21 22:21:47 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ...
[Wed Oct 21 22:22:12 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ...
[Wed Oct 21 22:22:13 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc I'm 13 down and Elora is hirt as well
[Wed Oct 21 22:22:20 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Inspiring Word: (EP; minor) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6+3] => [1,3] = (4) HP (on top of their surge value)
[Wed Oct 21 22:22:24 2009] : (2) Helena: hurt
[Wed Oct 21 22:22:25 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Done
[Wed Oct 21 22:22:34 2009] : (4) Elora: ooc no, I'm good, unless I've missed a hit.
[Wed Oct 21 22:23:00 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Barnabas gees up Helena
[Wed Oct 21 22:23:01 2009] : (1) Corruption Corpse: The remaining zombie smacks Barnabas
[Wed Oct 21 22:23:02 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc I thought the one you fought earlier hit you
[Wed Oct 21 22:23:04 2009] : (1) Corruption Corpse: Slam: [1d20 + 8] => [5,8] = (13) vs AC ===> [1d6+3] => [2,3] = (5)
[Wed Oct 21 22:23:11 2009] : (1) DM: Helena?
[Wed Oct 21 22:23:12 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc she used a surge
[Wed Oct 21 22:23:29 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena once again swings her sword
[Wed Oct 21 22:23:39 2009] : (2) Helena: Piercing Strike Shortsword: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+5+2+3] => [12,5,2,3] = (22) - Hit: [1d6+5] => [2,5] = (7) damage - [2d8] => [5,2] = (7) Sneak attack damage
Effect: A needle-sharp point slips past armour and into tender flesh.

[Wed Oct 21 22:23:52 2009] : (2) Helena: Shift back and done
[Wed Oct 21 22:24:52 2009] : (1) DM: The zombie looks badly wounded, thick black fluid oozes out of its wounds and its abdomen begins to swell.
[Wed Oct 21 22:24:56 2009] : (1) DM: Elora?
[Wed Oct 21 22:25:42 2009] : (4) Elora: Elora puts all her strenght in what she hopes is the last strike.
[Wed Oct 21 22:25:45 2009] : (4) Elora: Reaping Strike: (AWP) - Greataxe +2: [1d20+7+1+2] => [3,7,1,2] = (13) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6+2] => [7,6,2] = (15) - Miss: Half Strength modifier damage. If you're wielding a two-handed weapon, you deal damage equal to your Strength modifier [4] => 4 (foe is marked)
[Wed Oct 21 22:25:45 2009] : (8) Zotin: ooc sounds nasty
[Wed Oct 21 22:25:56 2009] : (1) DM: Misses
[Wed Oct 21 22:26:05 2009] : (1) DM: Zotin?
[Wed Oct 21 22:26:19 2009] : (1) DM: Elora, were you done?
[Wed Oct 21 22:26:35 2009] : (8) Zotin: Zotin throws a couple of missiles toward the undead mass
[Wed Oct 21 22:26:37 2009] : (4) Elora: done.
[Wed Oct 21 22:26:37 2009] : (8) Zotin: Magic Missile: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(18/2-5)+3/2] => [7,4,1] = (12) - Hit: [2d4+(18/2-5)] => [1,4,4] = (9) force damage.
[Wed Oct 21 22:26:45 2009] : (1) DM: Miss
[Wed Oct 21 22:27:07 2009] : (1) DM: done?
[Wed Oct 21 22:27:53 2009] : (8) Zotin: done
[Wed Oct 21 22:27:59 2009] : (1) DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Oct 21 22:28:28 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Shift to the side
[Wed Oct 21 22:28:35 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Viper's Strike: (AWP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+3+1+3] => [9,3,1,3] = (16) - Hit: [1d8+3] => [7,3] = (10) damage
Effect: If the target shifts before my next turn, it provokes an OA from an ally of my choice.

[Wed Oct 21 22:28:49 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Done
[Wed Oct 21 22:29:29 2009] : (2) Helena: How damaged is it?
[Wed Oct 21 22:29:30 2009] : ** (5) Barnabas now has a photocopy of page 277 **
[Wed Oct 21 22:29:45 2009] : (1) DM: Barnabas slashes his sword across the zombie's belly. It bursts spraying Elora and Barnabas with a foul black, stinking fluid and gobs of decayed flesh
[Wed Oct 21 22:29:49 2009] : (8) Zotin: ooc heh
[Wed Oct 21 22:29:49 2009] : (1) DM: Death Burst: [1d20 + 7] => [5,7] = (12) vs Fort. ===> Close burst 1 [2d6+3] => [2,5,3] = (10)
[Wed Oct 21 22:29:50 2009] : (1) DM: Death Burst: [1d20 + 7] => [2,7] = (9) vs Fort. ===> Close burst 1 [2d6+3] => [5,5,3] = (13)
[Wed Oct 21 22:29:57 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc D'ohmeant to ooc there, not /me
[Wed Oct 21 22:30:20 2009] : (1) DM: Fortunatly you both shrug off the ill effects.
[Wed Oct 21 22:30:26 2009] : (5) Barnabas: "Look out!"
[Wed Oct 21 22:30:35 2009] : (1) DM: 150 XP each
[Wed Oct 21 22:30:48 2009] : (8) Zotin: "Urgh, Nice hit there"
[Wed Oct 21 22:31:59 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc is that 3401 XP total , or did I forget to add the quest XP?
[Wed Oct 21 22:32:01 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena takes a look at her wounds
[Wed Oct 21 22:32:13 2009] : (2) Helena: HP Status: 32 out of [19] => 19 || Surge Status: 3 out of [6] => 6
[Wed Oct 21 22:32:37 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc wow, you're healthy ;-)
[Wed Oct 21 22:32:51 2009] : (8) Zotin: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 21 22:33:00 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc Not 6 hp, but 8 + your 4
[Wed Oct 21 22:33:22 2009] : (1) DM: ooc The total XP now is 3221
[Wed Oct 21 22:33:22 2009] : (8) Zotin: ooc wiki says 3071xp
[Wed Oct 21 22:33:52 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc I'm lost, I had 3251 written down!
[Wed Oct 21 22:34:13 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc I presume that was with added quest XP
[Wed Oct 21 22:34:59 2009] : (1) DM: ooc the wiki is the authoritative source and includes everything up to the beginning of this session.
[Wed Oct 21 22:35:31 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc And the DM is always right
[Wed Oct 21 22:36:11 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc fair enough - I haven't been keeping track
[Wed Oct 21 22:36:47 2009] : (1) DM: What next?
[Wed Oct 21 22:37:06 2009] : (1) DM: I can't imagine you want to stay in this awful place for much longer
[Wed Oct 21 22:37:07 2009] : (8) Zotin: "Do you think whatever the watcher wanted is in the chest?"
[Wed Oct 21 22:37:26 2009] : (2) Helena: "Let's take a look"
[Wed Oct 21 22:37:38 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena examines the chest
[Wed Oct 21 22:37:56 2009] : (2) Helena: Locked or not?
[Wed Oct 21 22:37:57 2009] : (1) DM: It's about as rotten and fungus covered as the door.
[Wed Oct 21 22:38:07 2009] : (5) Barnabas: "Probably"
[Wed Oct 21 22:38:10 2009] : (1) DM: It's got a bug rusty lock on the front.
[Wed Oct 21 22:38:13 2009] : (1) DM: big
[Wed Oct 21 22:38:17 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena nudges the chest
[Wed Oct 21 22:38:51 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc If it doesn't collapse upon itself, I tug at the lock
[Wed Oct 21 22:38:53 2009] : (1) DM: It falls to bits and lying amonst the remains is a tarnished cup of familiar design.
[Wed Oct 21 22:39:20 2009] : (2) Helena: "Hm, this looks like a brother of the other cup"
[Wed Oct 21 22:39:37 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena picks it up and looks at it more closely
[Wed Oct 21 22:39:53 2009] : (8) Zotin: "Curioser and curioser"
[Wed Oct 21 22:40:30 2009] : (1) DM: Underneath the patina is the same design as the other cup. Except on this one, the line for this island is more prominent.
[Wed Oct 21 22:41:13 2009] : (2) Helena: "Looks like this cup hasn't been handled as much: that line is much sharper here"
[Wed Oct 21 22:41:51 2009] : (4) Elora: or does each island have a line?
[Wed Oct 21 22:41:53 2009] : (2) Helena: "Anything else here that we want to take with us?"
[Wed Oct 21 22:42:00 2009] : (4) Elora: sorry, each island its cup maybe?
[Wed Oct 21 22:42:17 2009] : (1) DM: ooc uh. I was trying to convey that the cups are almost similar except for one feature that links them to the island of their origin.
[Wed Oct 21 22:42:29 2009] : (8) Zotin: "I wonder what the watcher will do if we show it this cup"
[Wed Oct 21 22:42:44 2009] : (8) Zotin: "It certainly reacted when I mentioned the other one"
[Wed Oct 21 22:42:49 2009] : (2) Helena: "Let's find out"
[Wed Oct 21 22:43:04 2009] : (5) Barnabas: "Let's take a 5 minute rest first"
[Wed Oct 21 22:43:20 2009] : (5) Barnabas: "But in the sunshine, not here"
[Wed Oct 21 22:43:25 2009] : (8) Zotin: "Good idea"
[Wed Oct 21 22:44:22 2009] : (2) Helena: "What? You don't like the air in here?"
[Wed Oct 21 22:44:42 2009] : (4) Elora: "I really think it's more like each island has its own cup"
[Wed Oct 21 22:44:43 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Barnabas heads upstairs
[Wed Oct 21 22:44:53 2009] : (4) Elora: "this is all some kind of a puzzle really"
[Wed Oct 21 22:45:00 2009] : (4) Elora: "mAybe we ought to find a third cup?"
[Wed Oct 21 22:45:12 2009] : (5) Barnabas: "Did any of those monsters have anything worth taking?"
[Wed Oct 21 22:45:19 2009] : (2) Helena: "And see what happens if they are all together?"
[Wed Oct 21 22:45:20 2009] : (1) DM: No
[Wed Oct 21 22:45:20 2009] : (8) Zotin: "Zotin follows, gladly"
[Wed Oct 21 22:45:33 2009] : (8) Zotin: "You're welcome to root around in the remains"
[Wed Oct 21 22:45:44 2009] : (2) Helena: Helena skips up the stairs, impatient to be outside
[Wed Oct 21 22:47:02 2009] : (5) Barnabas: Once outside, Barnabas sits down and sparingly uses some water to clean off any foul ichor
[Wed Oct 21 22:48:00 2009] : (1) DM: Outside the fresh breeze soon clears away the stick of the cellers.
[Wed Oct 21 22:49:03 2009] : (8) Zotin: "ahh, that smells good"
[Wed Oct 21 22:49:34 2009] : (5) Barnabas: "I thought undead were mostly dry and flaky, like the guy upstairs. These rotten, oozing ones are pretty disgusting"
[Wed Oct 21 22:49:58 2009] : (4) Elora: "that they were"
[Wed Oct 21 22:49:59 2009] : (8) Zotin: "I didn't know they exploded"
[Wed Oct 21 22:50:17 2009] : (4) Elora: ooc guys, I'm tired (and it's going to be like that for the next ... ok... 7 months or so ;) , can we call it a night?
[Wed Oct 21 22:50:37 2009] : (5) Barnabas: ooc LOL, congratulations
[Wed Oct 21 22:50:49 2009] : (2) Helena: ooc That's wonderful news!
[Wed Oct 21 22:50:52 2009] : (4) Elora: ooc and all the oozing with the nausea is... well, TERRIBLE.
[Wed Oct 21 22:50:56 2009] : (4) Elora: ooc lol
[Wed Oct 21 22:50:58 2009] : (8) Zotin: ooc heh, grats
[Wed Oct 21 22:51:03 2009] : (1) DM: ooc cool!
[Wed Oct 21 22:51:22 2009] : (1) DM: GAME END