Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / On the Great River II - 23 September 2009

[Wed Sep 23 19:36:08 2009] : DM: GAME START
[Wed Sep 23 19:37:19 2009] : DM: You're in the tunnels on the kobold island. The room is equiped as a crude magical laboratory with all the basic equipment need to construct basic homunculi.
[Wed Sep 23 19:37:53 2009] : DM: Two other passages lead out. One smelling of damp and mould and one spelling sour and acrid.
[Wed Sep 23 19:38:40 2009] : Zotin: Zotin sniffs "I'm not sure I fancy travelling down either of these tunnels"
[Wed Sep 23 19:39:21 2009] : Elora: "You're right, neither do I"
[Wed Sep 23 19:40:18 2009] : Helena: "They sure stink"
[Wed Sep 23 19:40:41 2009] : Elora: "This said, we can't just stay here on account of smell"
[Wed Sep 23 19:40:50 2009] : Elora: HP & surges status: Healing Surges left: [12-5] => 7 - HP left:[37-6] => 31
[Wed Sep 23 19:41:18 2009] : Zotin: "Toss a coin?"
[Wed Sep 23 19:41:35 2009] : Helena: "Sure"
[Wed Sep 23 19:41:43 2009] : Elora: "I think mould is more desirable than sour"
[Wed Sep 23 19:41:47 2009] : Barnabas: HP Status: 10 out of 30 || Surge Status: 6 out of 8
[Wed Sep 23 19:41:47 2009] : Helena: Helena gets a copper and tosses it
[Wed Sep 23 19:41:50 2009] : Elora: "Somehow it seems more natural"
[Wed Sep 23 19:41:51 2009] : Helena: "Call it"
[Wed Sep 23 19:42:05 2009] : Barnabas: "I need to rest and heal up somewhat before we proceed"
[Wed Sep 23 19:42:20 2009] : Elora: "Yeah, we should take a few minutes to breathe and heal a bit"
[Wed Sep 23 19:42:24 2009] : DM: ooc remember you get an action point
[Wed Sep 23 19:42:34 2009] : Zotin: "A good idea"
[Wed Sep 23 19:43:01 2009] : Barnabas: Inspiring Word: (EP; minor) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6+3] => [1,3] = (4) HP (on top of their surge value)
[Wed Sep 23 19:43:05 2009] : Barnabas: Inspiring Word: (EP; minor) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6+3] => [3,3] = (6) HP (on top of their surge value)
[Wed Sep 23 19:43:30 2009] : Barnabas: HP Status: 30 out of 30 || Surge Status: 4 out of 8
[Wed Sep 23 19:43:47 2009] : Elora: Healing surge: Thanks to some good fortune, Elora spends a healing surge and regains [9] => 9 HP. (dwarven resilience: minor action)
[Wed Sep 23 19:43:55 2009] : Elora: HP & surges status: Healing Surges left: [12-6] => 6 - HP left:[37-0] => 37
[Wed Sep 23 19:43:57 2009] : Helena: "Yeah, I could do with a breather and some healing myself"
[Wed Sep 23 19:44:34 2009] : Barnabas: "We must not rush. I was unable to use my power to heal previously because I had not rested sufficiently"
[Wed Sep 23 19:44:52 2009] : Zotin: HP Status: 25 out of 25 || Surge Status: 4 out of 6
[Wed Sep 23 19:45:01 2009] : Barnabas: "I suggest an hour to catch up with ourselves"
[Wed Sep 23 19:45:14 2009] : Barnabas: "But at least 1/2 an hour"
[Wed Sep 23 19:46:11 2009] : Zotin: "Can we afford an hour of sitting in the middle of an enemys lair?"
[Wed Sep 23 19:46:24 2009] : Helena: Helena HP: Healing surge 6 hp, 6 times a day
[Wed Sep 23 19:46:26 2009] : Helena: Helena HP: Healing surge 6 hp, 6 times a day
[Wed Sep 23 19:46:32 2009] : Barnabas: "can we afford to be caught without possibility of healing?"
[Wed Sep 23 19:46:59 2009] : Helena: "I can't"
[Wed Sep 23 19:48:42 2009] : Zotin: "Caught between The Devil and the Deep blue sea, eh?"
[Wed Sep 23 19:49:31 2009] : Barnabas: "If we wait then I can help you all heal"
[Wed Sep 23 19:49:41 2009] : Barnabas: "Otherwise, I cannot"
[Wed Sep 23 19:50:19 2009] : Helena: "Better rest here for a while while watching the corridors"
[Wed Sep 23 19:50:31 2009] : Zotin: "Then we wait, although I will not be comfortable doing it"
[Wed Sep 23 19:51:00 2009] : Helena: HP Status: 32 out of [32] => 32 || Surge Status: 0 out of [8] => 8
[Wed Sep 23 19:51:04 2009] : Zotin: ooc what does the 1hour rest give us?
[Wed Sep 23 19:51:07 2009] : Helena: ooc Oops
[Wed Sep 23 19:51:28 2009] : DM: As you wait you hear sounds coming from the sour smelling passageway: heavy scraping and low rumblings.
[Wed Sep 23 19:51:59 2009] : Barnabas: ooc it allows me to use my power 6 times and have it ready again
[Wed Sep 23 19:52:06 2009] : DM: From the other you here creaking timbers and kobold whispers.
[Wed Sep 23 19:52:09 2009] : Helena: Helena grabs her bow as she gets on her feet, watching and listening
[Wed Sep 23 19:52:19 2009] : Barnabas: ooc each 15 minutes rest resets encounter powers
[Wed Sep 23 19:52:27 2009] : DM: Other than the faint noises you remain undisturbed.
[Wed Sep 23 19:52:57 2009] : Zotin: ooc 1 per 15 mins?
[Wed Sep 23 19:53:09 2009] : Barnabas: ooc I can use it twice per encounter
[Wed Sep 23 19:53:53 2009] : Barnabas: ooc all encounter powers used are available again after 15 mins rest (a short rest)
[Wed Sep 23 19:54:26 2009] : Barnabas: ooc if people with few surges need assistance, then they need me to rest
[Wed Sep 23 19:55:05 2009] : Zotin: ooc PHB says a short rest is "about 5 minutes long"
[Wed Sep 23 19:55:21 2009] : Barnabas: ooc oh, I'm getting confused
[Wed Sep 23 19:55:32 2009] : Barnabas: ooc only need 2 mins then
[Wed Sep 23 19:55:35 2009] : Barnabas: ooc 20
[Wed Sep 23 19:55:40 2009] : Zotin: ooc P263
[Wed Sep 23 19:56:18 2009] : Barnabas: "Sorry, 20 minutes recommended, 10 at the minimum"
[Wed Sep 23 19:56:34 2009] : Barnabas: "Do any of you need help with healing?"
[Wed Sep 23 19:56:56 2009] : Zotin: "I am fine, thank you"
[Wed Sep 23 19:57:28 2009] : Helena: "I could use some help" (16 down)
[Wed Sep 23 19:57:46 2009] : Barnabas: "Then I suggest that we wait"
[Wed Sep 23 19:57:56 2009] : Elora: "I'm good"
[Wed Sep 23 19:58:13 2009] : DM: 20 minutes later...
[Wed Sep 23 19:58:18 2009] : DM: What now?
[Wed Sep 23 19:58:24 2009] : Barnabas: Inspiring Word: (EP; minor) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6+3] => [2,3] = (5) HP (on top of their surge value)
[Wed Sep 23 19:58:26 2009] : Barnabas: Inspiring Word: (EP; minor) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6+3] => [4,3] = (7) HP (on top of their surge value)
[Wed Sep 23 19:58:27 2009] : Helena: ooc I thought we allready agreed to wait?
[Wed Sep 23 19:58:33 2009] : Elora: "I've heard kobolds down this tunnel"
[Wed Sep 23 19:58:44 2009] : Zotin: ooc waiting is over :)
[Wed Sep 23 19:58:45 2009] : Elora: Elora points at the mouldy tunnel
[Wed Sep 23 19:58:46 2009] : Barnabas: ooc 12 extra HP for Helena if she surges twice
[Wed Sep 23 19:58:51 2009] : Elora: "And funky noises down this one"
[Wed Sep 23 19:59:00 2009] : Elora: "I propose we go face the kobold, and then the unknown"
[Wed Sep 23 19:59:06 2009] : Helena: ooc Consider me surged :)
[Wed Sep 23 19:59:07 2009] : Zotin: "Agreed"
[Wed Sep 23 19:59:12 2009] : Barnabas: "There was scraping coming from down there"
[Wed Sep 23 19:59:47 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas points at the sour tunnel
[Wed Sep 23 19:59:50 2009] : Helena: "Let me take a quick look then"
[Wed Sep 23 20:00:23 2009] : Helena: Helena slowly and silently moves to the tunnel with the kobold noises
[Wed Sep 23 20:00:25 2009] : Barnabas: "I think that there were voices down the mouldy one, possibly more kobolds, but it all sounds like gobbledegook to me"
[Wed Sep 23 20:00:37 2009] : Helena: Stealth Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [9,11] = (20)
[Wed Sep 23 20:02:09 2009] : DM: [1d20] => [9] = (9)
[Wed Sep 23 20:02:10 2009] : DM: [1d20] => [18] = (18)
[Wed Sep 23 20:02:37 2009] : DM: [1d20+1] => [12,1] = (13)
[Wed Sep 23 20:02:49 2009] : Helena: What do I see as I get to the entrance of the tunnel?
[Wed Sep 23 20:03:52 2009] : DM: There's a underground dock with a small ship moored. Three kobolds stand guard, watching the river entrance. They've not noticed you.
[Wed Sep 23 20:04:19 2009] : Helena: Helena sneaks back and relates what she saw
[Wed Sep 23 20:04:21 2009] : Helena: Stealth Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [12,11] = (23)
[Wed Sep 23 20:05:28 2009] : DM: You creep back
[Wed Sep 23 20:05:44 2009] : Barnabas: "It's a shame we aren't all as stealthy as you"
[Wed Sep 23 20:05:46 2009] : Helena: "I didn't look into the other tunnel, that was a bith risky with those 2 kobolds who could have seen me at any moment"
[Wed Sep 23 20:07:30 2009] : Helena: "The kobolds don't seem to form a big risk, how about we take that other tunnel first?"
[Wed Sep 23 20:08:03 2009] : Elora: "If you think that's better, let's do that. Indeed, three kobolds won't make much of a difference"
[Wed Sep 23 20:08:11 2009] : Zotin: "I'd rather get them out of the way"
[Wed Sep 23 20:09:32 2009] : Helena: "Let's just hope we're not too loud then. Don't want to alarm an unknown enemy"
[Wed Sep 23 20:10:21 2009] : Zotin: "True, however this could be a good escape route with the boat moored"
[Wed Sep 23 20:10:49 2009] : Barnabas: "Good point Zotin"
[Wed Sep 23 20:11:04 2009] : Helena: "There's that"
[Wed Sep 23 20:12:01 2009] : Zotin: "I say we clear this and then set the boat up for a quick escape, just in case"
[Wed Sep 23 20:12:33 2009] : Helena: "Right, let's do it"
[Wed Sep 23 20:12:59 2009] : DM: Initiative
[Wed Sep 23 20:13:03 2009] : Elora: Initiative
[Wed Sep 23 20:13:07 2009] : Elora: Initiative: [1d20 + 1 +2] => [15,1,2] = (18) (includes +2 combat leader)
[Wed Sep 23 20:13:23 2009] : Barnabas: Initiative: [1d20+1+1+2] => [1,1,1,2] = (5) - Includes +2 for Combat Leader
[Wed Sep 23 20:13:25 2009] : Zotin: Initiative: [1d20 + 2/2 + (16/2-5) + 4 + 2] => [8,1,3,4,2] = (18)
[Wed Sep 23 20:13:28 2009] : DM: Initiative: [1d20 + 1/2 + 3] => [9,0,3] = (12)
[Wed Sep 23 20:13:43 2009] : Helena: Initiative [1d20+8] => [13,8] = (21) (includes +2 for Combat Leader)
[Wed Sep 23 20:13:50 2009] : DM: Initiative: [1d20 + 1/2 + 3] => [20,0,3] = (23)
[Wed Sep 23 20:13:50 2009] : DM: Initiative: [1d20 + 1/2 + 3] => [9,0,3] = (12)
[Wed Sep 23 20:15:02 2009] : DM: Helena?
[Wed Sep 23 20:16:07 2009] : Helena: Yeah?
[Wed Sep 23 20:16:16 2009] : DM: Your turn.
[Wed Sep 23 20:16:37 2009] : Helena: Ooc Oops, I thought your rolls were those of one of us
[Wed Sep 23 20:16:54 2009] : Helena: Helena once again advances towards the corridor
[Wed Sep 23 20:17:10 2009] : Helena: Stealth Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [11,11] = (22)
[Wed Sep 23 20:17:36 2009] : DM: The don't spot you
[Wed Sep 23 20:18:21 2009] : Helena: Waiting for the others before attacking. Done
[Wed Sep 23 20:18:29 2009] : DM: Zotin?
[Wed Sep 23 20:18:55 2009] : Zotin: Zotin carefully moves up behind Helena and waits
[Wed Sep 23 20:19:09 2009] : Zotin: Stealth: [1d20+4] => [12,4] = (16)
[Wed Sep 23 20:19:42 2009] : DM: [1d20+1] => [5,1] = (6)
[Wed Sep 23 20:19:44 2009] : DM: [1d20] => [2] = (2)
[Wed Sep 23 20:19:45 2009] : DM: [1d20] => [8] = (8)
[Wed Sep 23 20:20:02 2009] : DM: They're still unawares.
[Wed Sep 23 20:20:08 2009] : DM: Elora?
[Wed Sep 23 20:20:58 2009] : Elora: Elora tries to advance stealthily towards the turn in the tunnel
[Wed Sep 23 20:21:04 2009] : Elora: Stealth: [1d20+0+1] => [2,0,1] = (3)
[Wed Sep 23 20:21:14 2009] : Elora: ooc Zotin didn't move
[Wed Sep 23 20:21:39 2009] : DM: [1d20+1] => [19,1] = (20)
[Wed Sep 23 20:21:43 2009] : DM: [1d20] => [2] = (2)
[Wed Sep 23 20:21:44 2009] : DM: [1d20] => [7] = (7)
[Wed Sep 23 20:21:45 2009] : Helena: ooc 3?
[Wed Sep 23 20:22:14 2009] : DM: Two of the kobolds turn around and ready their weapons.
[Wed Sep 23 20:22:42 2009] : DM: ooc actually not just yet.
[Wed Sep 23 20:22:50 2009] : DM: ooc doing anything else?
[Wed Sep 23 20:23:56 2009] : Elora: readying my weapons
[Wed Sep 23 20:23:59 2009] : Elora: -s
[Wed Sep 23 20:24:01 2009] : Elora: done.
[Wed Sep 23 20:24:25 2009] : Kobold Slinger: Kobold A fires a sling shot at Elora
[Wed Sep 23 20:24:38 2009] : Kobold Slinger: Stinkpot: [1d20 + 6] => [3,6] = (9) vs AC ===> [1d6+3] => [6,3] = (9) and -2 to attack rolls (save ends)
[Wed Sep 23 20:24:43 2009] : Barnabas: ooc Zotin hasn't moved on my map either
[Wed Sep 23 20:24:45 2009] : Kobold Slinger: It misses.
[Wed Sep 23 20:25:01 2009] : Helena: ooc Nor on mine
[Wed Sep 23 20:25:43 2009] : Kobold Skirmisher: Kobold B is alerted by the shouts of the others and moves forwards.
[Wed Sep 23 20:25:55 2009] : Zotin: ooc wont let me move it
[Wed Sep 23 20:26:10 2009] : Helena: ooc Did you make yourself a player?
[Wed Sep 23 20:26:14 2009] : Barnabas: ooc are you a 'player'?
[Wed Sep 23 20:26:23 2009] : Zotin: ooc yep
[Wed Sep 23 20:26:30 2009] : Attempting to assign the role of LURKER to (8) Zotin...
[Wed Sep 23 20:26:33 2009] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (8) Zotin...
[Wed Sep 23 20:26:34 2009] : Zotin: ooc its moved now. Did anyone else do that?
[Wed Sep 23 20:26:40 2009] : Kobold Skirmisher: ooc i did
[Wed Sep 23 20:26:47 2009] : DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Sep 23 20:26:51 2009] : Helena: ooc I just tried to make you a player
[Wed Sep 23 20:27:27 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas realises that stealth is no longer necessary
[Wed Sep 23 20:27:32 2009] : Zotin: ooc ah, a change of tab and back seems to have sorted it
[Wed Sep 23 20:28:31 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas moves and brandishes his sword
[Wed Sep 23 20:28:44 2009] : Barnabas: Inspired Belligerence: (UP) Effect: All allies gain combat advantage against the target until my next turn.
Special: Inspiring Presence - Allies add Barnabas's Cha mod [2] => 2 to damage rolls vs. the target

[Wed Sep 23 20:29:02 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas points at C
[Wed Sep 23 20:29:11 2009] : Barnabas: "Get him!"
[Wed Sep 23 20:29:13 2009] : Barnabas: Done
[Wed Sep 23 20:29:38 2009] : Kobold Skirmisher: Kobold C darts forwards, stabs with its spear and dodges back.
[Wed Sep 23 20:29:41 2009] : Kobold Skirmisher: Spear: [1d20 + 6] => [12,6] = (18) (+1 per kobold adjacent to target) vs AC ===> [1d8] => [1] = (1) (+[1d6] => [4] = (4) with combat advantage)
[Wed Sep 23 20:29:51 2009] : Kobold Skirmisher: It misses.
[Wed Sep 23 20:29:52 2009] : Elora: ooc stabs who?
[Wed Sep 23 20:29:59 2009] : Kobold Skirmisher: Barnabas
[Wed Sep 23 20:30:04 2009] : DM: Helena?
[Wed Sep 23 20:30:26 2009] : Helena: Helena takes aim at kobold A and shoots
[Wed Sep 23 20:30:26 2009] : Barnabas: ooc everyone has combat advantage against c
[Wed Sep 23 20:30:31 2009] : Helena: Helena Features: First Strike At encounter start, get combat advantage against foes that haven't acted yet.
[Wed Sep 23 20:30:42 2009] : Helena: Helena At Will Powers: Sly Flourish vs. AC Hand Crossbow Increased damage, Attack [1d20+8] => [13,8] = (21), Damage [1d6+8] => [6,8] = (14), Sneak Attack [2d8] => [8,1] = (9).
[Wed Sep 23 20:30:56 2009] : Helena: Done
[Wed Sep 23 20:31:21 2009] : Helena: ooc Combat advantage against C? I think I missed that
[Wed Sep 23 20:31:55 2009] : DM: Helena's well placed shot from her hiding place pierces the kobold's chest, killing it instantly.
[Wed Sep 23 20:31:59 2009] : Helena: ooc Aha, I onlyu saw the Cha to damage
[Wed Sep 23 20:32:27 2009] : DM: Zotin?
[Wed Sep 23 20:32:32 2009] : Helena: ooc If her bolt hits, it really hurts :)
[Wed Sep 23 20:32:59 2009] : Zotin: Zotin takes Barnabus' lead and attacks C
[Wed Sep 23 20:33:01 2009] : Zotin: Force Orb: (EP) Ranged 20:
Primary Attack: To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(18/2-5)+2/2] => [9,4,1] = (14) - Hit: [2d8+(18/2-5)] => [2,7,4] = (13) Force damage.

Secondary Attack (Each enemy adjacent to Primary): To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(18/2-5)+2/2] => [14,4,1] = (19) - Hit: [1d10+(18/2-5)] => [10,4] = (14) Force damage.

[Wed Sep 23 20:33:31 2009] : Zotin: ooc just the primary attack obviously
[Wed Sep 23 20:33:34 2009] : Zotin: Done
[Wed Sep 23 20:33:51 2009] : DM: The magic orb smacks into the kobold with a shower of coloured sparks.
[Wed Sep 23 20:33:55 2009] : DM: Elora?
[Wed Sep 23 20:34:17 2009] : Elora: Elora zooms between her partners and attacks C
[Wed Sep 23 20:34:24 2009] : Elora: Reaping Strike: (AWP) - Greataxe +2: [1d20+7+1+2] => [10,7,1,2] = (20) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6+2] => [1,6,2] = (9) - Miss: Half Strength modifier damage. If you're wielding a two-handed weapon, you deal damage equal to your Strength modifier [4] => 4 (foe is marked)
[Wed Sep 23 20:34:32 2009] : Elora: done.
[Wed Sep 23 20:35:32 2009] : DM: A hit, nearly killing it.
[Wed Sep 23 20:35:58 2009] : Kobold Skirmisher: Kobold B dashes forwards and stabs at Elora.
[Wed Sep 23 20:36:00 2009] : Kobold Skirmisher: Spear: [1d20 + 6] => [6,6] = (12) (+1 per kobold adjacent to target) vs AC ===> [1d8] => [1] = (1) (+[1d6] => [3] = (3) with combat advantage)
[Wed Sep 23 20:36:09 2009] : Kobold Skirmisher: It's clumsy strikes misses.
[Wed Sep 23 20:36:27 2009] : Elora: Elora ducks
[Wed Sep 23 20:36:32 2009] : DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Sep 23 20:37:01 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas shifts 5 feet
[Wed Sep 23 20:37:08 2009] : Barnabas: Viper's Strike: (AWP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+3+1+3] => [13,3,1,3] = (20) - Hit: [1d8+3] => [7,3] = (10) damage
Effect: If the target shifts before my next turn, it provokes an OA from an ally of my choice.

[Wed Sep 23 20:37:21 2009] : Barnabas: Done
[Wed Sep 23 20:37:21 2009] : DM: A solid hit
[Wed Sep 23 20:37:56 2009] : Kobold Skirmisher: Kobold C stabs at Elora and shifts back.
[Wed Sep 23 20:37:58 2009] : Kobold Skirmisher: Spear: [1d20 + 6] => [17,6] = (23) (+1 per kobold adjacent to target) vs AC ===> [1d8] => [7] = (7) (+[1d6] => [3] = (3) with combat advantage)
[Wed Sep 23 20:38:13 2009] : Kobold Skirmisher: 7 damage from a well places hit to the leg.
[Wed Sep 23 20:38:24 2009] : DM: Helena?
[Wed Sep 23 20:38:50 2009] : Helena: Helena shoots at kobold B
[Wed Sep 23 20:38:57 2009] : Helena: Helena At Will Powers: Sly Flourish vs. AC Hand Crossbow Increased damage, Attack [1d20+8] => [19,8] = (27), Damage [1d6+8] => [4,8] = (12), Sneak Attack [2d8] => [4,2] = (6).
[Wed Sep 23 20:39:06 2009] : Helena: And done
[Wed Sep 23 20:39:23 2009] : DM: A well aimed hit nearly kills it.
[Wed Sep 23 20:39:25 2009] : DM: Zotin?
[Wed Sep 23 20:39:46 2009] : Zotin: ooc if a power says "Each creature in burst" does that include allies?
[Wed Sep 23 20:40:09 2009] : DM: ooc yes
[Wed Sep 23 20:40:15 2009] : Zotin: ooc ok
[Wed Sep 23 20:40:45 2009] : Zotin: Zotin attacks B, as its the only one he can see
[Wed Sep 23 20:40:51 2009] : Zotin: Magic Missile: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(18/2-5)+2/2] => [1,4,1] = (6) - Hit: [2d4+(18/2-5)] => [1,4,4] = (9) force damage.
[Wed Sep 23 20:41:02 2009] : Zotin: Done
[Wed Sep 23 20:41:10 2009] : DM: The missile misses.
[Wed Sep 23 20:41:12 2009] : Helena: ooc So whatever you're planning, think twice please ;)
[Wed Sep 23 20:41:23 2009] : DM: Elora?
[Wed Sep 23 20:41:50 2009] : Elora: ooc how many times can I slide?
[Wed Sep 23 20:41:53 2009] : Elora: ooc shift?
[Wed Sep 23 20:41:57 2009] : Elora: ooc /me forgets
[Wed Sep 23 20:42:07 2009] : DM: ooc shifting is a move action.
[Wed Sep 23 20:42:46 2009] : Elora: ooc can I shift two squares?
[Wed Sep 23 20:43:00 2009] : Elora: ooc sorry, my PHB is far away :)
[Wed Sep 23 20:43:00 2009] : DM: ooc yes, but then you can't attack.
[Wed Sep 23 20:43:06 2009] : Elora: ok, so not
[Wed Sep 23 20:43:36 2009] : Elora: Elora swings her axe swiftly at B
[Wed Sep 23 20:43:39 2009] : Elora: Reaping Strike: (AWP) - Greataxe +2: [1d20+7+1+2] => [11,7,1,2] = (21) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6+2] => [5,6,2] = (13) - Miss: Half Strength modifier damage. If you're wielding a two-handed weapon, you deal damage equal to your Strength modifier [4] => 4 (foe is marked)
[Wed Sep 23 20:43:47 2009] : Elora: shifting one square
[Wed Sep 23 20:43:54 2009] : Elora: done.
[Wed Sep 23 20:44:12 2009] : DM: The kobold is quite definetly reaped.
[Wed Sep 23 20:44:21 2009] : Helena: ooc LOL
[Wed Sep 23 20:44:33 2009] : DM: Barnabas?
[Wed Sep 23 20:44:48 2009] : Barnabas: Leaf on the wind: (EP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+3+1+3] => [2,3,1,3] = (9) - Hit: [2d8+3] => [2,2,3] = (7) damage, then you or an ally adjacent to the target swaps places with it.
[Wed Sep 23 20:44:57 2009] : DM: Miss
[Wed Sep 23 20:45:18 2009] : Barnabas: Done
[Wed Sep 23 20:45:52 2009] : Kobold Skirmisher: C stabs at Barnabas
[Wed Sep 23 20:45:54 2009] : Kobold Skirmisher: Spear: [1d20 + 6] => [13,6] = (19) (+1 per kobold adjacent to target) vs AC ===> [1d8] => [2] = (2) (+[1d6] => [5] = (5) with combat advantage)
[Wed Sep 23 20:46:03 2009] : Elora: ooc ah then I would shift to the other square, since I killed it
[Wed Sep 23 20:46:04 2009] : Kobold Skirmisher: 2 damage
[Wed Sep 23 20:46:24 2009] : DM: Helena?
[Wed Sep 23 20:46:30 2009] : Barnabas: "humpf"
[Wed Sep 23 20:47:14 2009] : Helena: Helena, afraid to hit Barnabas if she shoots at the kobold, drops her bow and draws her sword beforen moving forward
[Wed Sep 23 20:47:34 2009] : Helena: She swings at the kobold with her might short sword
[Wed Sep 23 20:47:51 2009] : Helena: Helena At Will Powers: Piercing Strike vs. Reflex Short Sword Attack [1d20+9] => [4,9] = (13), Damage [1d6+5] => [1,5] = (6), Sneak Attack [2d8] => [3,2] = (5)
[Wed Sep 23 20:48:15 2009] : Helena: Done
[Wed Sep 23 20:48:37 2009] : DM: Surprised and stabbed in the back the kobold is skewered and dies.
[Wed Sep 23 20:48:59 2009] : Helena: Helena runs back to pick up her bow
[Wed Sep 23 20:49:02 2009] : DM: 75 XP each
[Wed Sep 23 20:49:40 2009] : Elora: "Now how do we secure the boat?"
[Wed Sep 23 20:50:09 2009] : Barnabas: "Good work gang"
[Wed Sep 23 20:50:25 2009] : DM: The boat is tied fore and aft to the stone dock side.
[Wed Sep 23 20:50:53 2009] : DM: The oars are stowed and the sails are furled.
[Wed Sep 23 20:50:57 2009] : Helena: "What is there to secure? It's tied and won't go away anytime soon"
[Wed Sep 23 20:51:02 2009] : Zotin: "Lets just turn it round and leave the ropes more loose than normal"
[Wed Sep 23 20:52:02 2009] : Elora: "Ready to go if we need yo, you mean?"
[Wed Sep 23 20:52:20 2009] : Elora: Elora starts getting at the ropes
[Wed Sep 23 20:52:25 2009] : Elora: "Not a bad idea"
[Wed Sep 23 20:52:44 2009] : Zotin: "Exactly"
[Wed Sep 23 20:53:05 2009] : Helena: "And get the oars out, ready to go"
[Wed Sep 23 20:53:18 2009] : Zotin: "Just in case the mystery noises are more dangerous than expected"
[Wed Sep 23 20:53:34 2009] : DM: There's not enough room to turn the boat, you'll need to sail it outside and row it backwards.
[Wed Sep 23 20:53:43 2009] : Helena: "In the meantime I'll take a look in the other tunnel"
[Wed Sep 23 20:53:50 2009] : DM: ooc haven't you guessed what it is yet?
[Wed Sep 23 20:54:18 2009] : Helena: ooc I like surprises ;)
[Wed Sep 23 20:54:56 2009] : DM: Stealth check, Helena.
[Wed Sep 23 20:55:36 2009] : Elora: ooc where is the other tunnel?
[Wed Sep 23 20:55:48 2009] : Helena: Stealth Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [18,11] = (29)
[Wed Sep 23 20:55:49 2009] : Elora: ooc or is it not on the map?
[Wed Sep 23 20:55:54 2009] : DM: Not on map.
[Wed Sep 23 20:56:18 2009] : Helena: ooc Stealthy enough?
[Wed Sep 23 20:56:27 2009] : DM: [1d20+10] => [16,10] = (26)
[Wed Sep 23 20:56:45 2009] : Helena: ooc Only just :)
[Wed Sep 23 20:57:59 2009] : DM: Helena peers into a large cavernous chamber many 10s of feet across, scattered about the floor and numerous scrolls, papers and books. crouched amongst all these papers is a large green and scaly creature.
[Wed Sep 23 20:58:26 2009] : Helena: ooc How large?
[Wed Sep 23 20:58:36 2009] : DM: Broad wings are furled on it's back and a sinuous tails slowly twitches amongst the papers.
[Wed Sep 23 20:58:53 2009] : Helena: ooc Aha, that large
[Wed Sep 23 20:59:43 2009] : DM: The creatures horned and fearsome-looking head is bent over, it's looking intently at something. Incongourously, perched on its nose is a pair of spectacles.
[Wed Sep 23 21:00:11 2009] : DM: The creature is the size of a horse, but lower, slightly broaded and longer.
[Wed Sep 23 21:00:37 2009] : Helena: ooc What kind of knowledge roll?
[Wed Sep 23 21:01:03 2009] : DM: On the far side is a wide passageway leading upwards and to the outside world. The rocks are scratched here and this is clearly how the creature enters.
[Wed Sep 23 21:02:05 2009] : DM: ooc nature roll
[Wed Sep 23 21:02:36 2009] : Helena: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [8,0] = (8)
[Wed Sep 23 21:03:12 2009] : Helena: Helena shakes her head trying to make sense of what she sees and retreats
[Wed Sep 23 21:03:15 2009] : Helena: Stealth Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [6,11] = (17)
[Wed Sep 23 21:03:30 2009] : Barnabas: ooc whatever can it be? ;-)
[Wed Sep 23 21:03:55 2009] : DM: [1d20+10] => [2,10] = (12)
[Wed Sep 23 21:04:10 2009] : Helena: ooc At least we know it's hostile (see miniature)
[Wed Sep 23 21:04:17 2009] : Elora: ooc a dragon, with spectacles. Gotta love that.
[Wed Sep 23 21:04:18 2009] : Helena: ooc Phew
[Wed Sep 23 21:04:25 2009] : Elora: ooc you call that a miniature?
[Wed Sep 23 21:04:27 2009] : DM: Helena sneaks back the the others who have by this time turned the boat around and moored it again.
[Wed Sep 23 21:04:29 2009] : Elora: I call that a megature
[Wed Sep 23 21:05:49 2009] : Helena: Helena reports back to the others
[Wed Sep 23 21:05:58 2009] : Helena: "What do you suppose it can be?"
[Wed Sep 23 21:06:16 2009] : Elora: Nature: [1d20+1+1] => [2,1,1] = (4)
[Wed Sep 23 21:06:58 2009] : Zotin: Nature: [1d20+2] => [16,2] = (18)
[Wed Sep 23 21:07:13 2009] : Barnabas: Nature: [1d20+-1+1] => [8,-1,1] = (8)
[Wed Sep 23 21:08:29 2009] : Zotin: "A Dragon, with glasses?? Very unusual"
[Wed Sep 23 21:08:57 2009] : Helena: "A dragon? I always thought they were as big as houses"
[Wed Sep 23 21:09:17 2009] : Zotin: "Must be a young one"
[Wed Sep 23 21:10:06 2009] : Barnabas: "I know little of these beasts beyond the way Helena describes them"
[Wed Sep 23 21:10:31 2009] : Elora: "Same here, although I couldn't make out what she was talking about at first. I guess the spectacles threw me"
[Wed Sep 23 21:10:41 2009] : Helena: "How do we defeat a dragon? Can we trick it perhaps? Do they really spit fire?"
[Wed Sep 23 21:10:57 2009] : Elora: "Dragons are intelligent beings, aren't they? Shouldn't we try and talk to it rather than attack?'
[Wed Sep 23 21:12:39 2009] : Zotin: "Hmm, they can also be quite cruel and violent"
[Wed Sep 23 21:12:40 2009] : Barnabas: "I presume that Kobolds are also intelligent, they spoke a language. We didn't give these folks such a luxury. Why the change of tack?"
[Wed Sep 23 21:13:28 2009] : Helena: "And what do we say? Hell, mr. dragon, we called all your allies but we really want to be friends?"
[Wed Sep 23 21:13:47 2009] : Helena: Hello, not Hell
[Wed Sep 23 21:14:06 2009] : Zotin: "That could almost be cheeky enough to work"
[Wed Sep 23 21:14:41 2009] : Elora: "Barnabas, a dragon is bigger, I suppose, would be my only explanation. The kobolds didn't really strike me as peaceful"
[Wed Sep 23 21:15:05 2009] : Elora: "Anyway, I don't really mind either way."
[Wed Sep 23 21:15:50 2009] : Zotin: "Maybe we should give talking to it a go"
[Wed Sep 23 21:16:21 2009] : Helena: "Anybody wants to volunteer?"
[Wed Sep 23 21:16:23 2009] : Zotin: "The glasses are odd enough to make me think this may not be just another dragon"
[Wed Sep 23 21:17:13 2009] : Helena: "If this were just a tale, the dragon would be an enchanted wizard, I guess"
[Wed Sep 23 21:17:24 2009] : Helena: Helena laughs heartily
[Wed Sep 23 21:18:06 2009] : Zotin: "You read those stories too?"
[Wed Sep 23 21:18:15 2009] : Barnabas: "I guess I have the most skill in casual conversation"
[Wed Sep 23 21:19:27 2009] : Elora: "Sounds good to me"
[Wed Sep 23 21:19:55 2009] : Zotin: "And what do ewr do if it goes wrong?"
[Wed Sep 23 21:19:59 2009] : Helena: "I can cover you. You'd better make sure we survive this"
[Wed Sep 23 21:20:45 2009] : Helena: "If things do go wrong we try to kill it. If that doesn't work we turn and run"
[Wed Sep 23 21:21:39 2009] : Zotin: "I think running could be worst thing to do. These caves should prevent it from flying"
[Wed Sep 23 21:21:42 2009] : DM: Okay. let's go.
[Wed Sep 23 21:22:13 2009] : Helena: "So we run to the other corridor where it can't get at us easily"
[Wed Sep 23 21:22:27 2009] : Barnabas: "I guess so"
[Wed Sep 23 21:22:31 2009] : Zotin: "Yes"
[Wed Sep 23 21:22:35 2009] : Helena: Helena accompanies Barnabas
[Wed Sep 23 21:23:56 2009] : DM: Are you approaching stealthily?
[Wed Sep 23 21:24:10 2009] : Helena: ooc I am
[Wed Sep 23 21:24:12 2009] : Helena: Stealth Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [19,11] = (30)
[Wed Sep 23 21:24:34 2009] : DM: Helena tip toes to a hiding place undetected
[Wed Sep 23 21:24:44 2009] : Elora: ooc lol
[Wed Sep 23 21:24:48 2009] : Barnabas: Stealth: [1d20+1+1-1] => [10,1,1,-1] = (11)
[Wed Sep 23 21:25:10 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas tries half-heartedly to be stealthy
[Wed Sep 23 21:25:49 2009] : Draximazix: (draconic in a loud voice) "TAR HIRRAL DA?"
[Wed Sep 23 21:26:04 2009] : Draximazix: The dragon looks towards Barnabas.
[Wed Sep 23 21:26:13 2009] : Barnabas: "Pardon?"
[Wed Sep 23 21:26:54 2009] : Draximazix: (in common) "Hsssss. Intruders! Speak quickly!"
[Wed Sep 23 21:27:11 2009] : Draximazix: ooc place your minis
[Wed Sep 23 21:27:16 2009] : Barnabas: "How's it going?"
[Wed Sep 23 21:27:55 2009] : Helena: Helena keeps in the shadows
[Wed Sep 23 21:27:56 2009] : Barnabas: "We followed a star, and lo it led us here!"
[Wed Sep 23 21:28:08 2009] : Helena: ooc Groan
[Wed Sep 23 21:29:03 2009] : Elora: ooc roflmao
[Wed Sep 23 21:29:03 2009] : Draximazix: "Rrrrr. Speak not in riddles and speak quickly for my patience grows thin. Why do you disturb my research?"
[Wed Sep 23 21:29:06 2009] : Barnabas: "It wasn't easy getting here. You'd be surprised at the troubles that got in our way"
[Wed Sep 23 21:29:33 2009] : Helena: ooc LMAO
[Wed Sep 23 21:30:04 2009] : Barnabas: "So look, we're after a cup, apparently worthless, but stolen by some kobolds and wanted back"
[Wed Sep 23 21:30:45 2009] : Barnabas: "Look, we could be dull, but I figure you'd prefer a bit of banter."
[Wed Sep 23 21:30:45 2009] : Draximazix: "RRAAAHH. Then thieves you are!"
[Wed Sep 23 21:31:12 2009] : Barnabas: "I bet these kobolds don't offer much in the way of stimulating conversation"
[Wed Sep 23 21:31:18 2009] : Barnabas: Diplomacy: [1d20+2+1+5] => [19,2,1,5] = (27)
[Wed Sep 23 21:31:35 2009] : Zotin: ooc nice
[Wed Sep 23 21:31:40 2009] : Helena: ooc Nice one
[Wed Sep 23 21:32:21 2009] : Draximazix: "That is true. Kobolds are not the most intelligent of creatures."
[Wed Sep 23 21:33:03 2009] : Barnabas: "So, rather than thieves, if you have this cup, is there no way that we can come to an arrangement?"
[Wed Sep 23 21:33:24 2009] : Draximazix: "Even their least dim shaman's could not decipher the markings on this cup" (the dragon hold aloft the silver cup, cradled in its clawed hand).
[Wed Sep 23 21:34:13 2009] : Helena: Helena does not understand why taking back the cup could be considered theft
[Wed Sep 23 21:34:23 2009] : Draximazix: "You dare to ask the the cup? The chart and key!"
[Wed Sep 23 21:34:28 2009] : Barnabas: "OK, so the kobolds are dim, and I'm disirous of staying not so, your presence being great and all"
[Wed Sep 23 21:34:54 2009] : Barnabas: "let's forget the cup for now"
[Wed Sep 23 21:35:04 2009] : Zotin: Zotin looks puzzled
[Wed Sep 23 21:35:08 2009] : Draximazix: "That is wise."
[Wed Sep 23 21:35:13 2009] : Barnabas: "No point getting off on the wrong foot"
[Wed Sep 23 21:35:43 2009] : Draximazix: "But if you seek not the cup then why remain? Leave before I change my mind!"
[Wed Sep 23 21:36:18 2009] : Barnabas: "I've never met a dragon before, you intrigue me. Maybe I offer you some intrigue?"
[Wed Sep 23 21:36:49 2009] : Barnabas: "As you seem to admit, life amongst Kobolds is dull"
[Wed Sep 23 21:37:07 2009] : Draximazix: "A puny, short lived, wingless creature? Intruiging? HA!" (laughing)
[Wed Sep 23 21:37:37 2009] : Barnabas: "Well, fair enough. Enjoy your boring island then"
[Wed Sep 23 21:38:33 2009] : Draximazix: The dragon waits a bit to see what you do next.
[Wed Sep 23 21:39:04 2009] : Barnabas: "Maybe we'll meet again"
[Wed Sep 23 21:39:15 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas backs out of the chamber
[Wed Sep 23 21:39:36 2009] : Draximazix: The dragon bares its teeth in a wicked grin. "Perhaps."
[Wed Sep 23 21:39:59 2009] : Helena: Helena goes with him, working hard at nog being seen of heard
[Wed Sep 23 21:40:01 2009] : Helena: Stealth Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [7,11] = (18)
[Wed Sep 23 21:40:16 2009] : Draximazix: [1d20+10] => [2,10] = (12)
[Wed Sep 23 21:40:38 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas holds a whispered conversation
[Wed Sep 23 21:40:48 2009] : Barnabas: "Well, he didn't kill me outright"
[Wed Sep 23 21:41:10 2009] : Zotin: "I wonder what he meant by the writings on the cup"
[Wed Sep 23 21:41:20 2009] : Barnabas: "He made it obvious that the cup was important to him, and once done I wasn't sure where to take the conversation"
[Wed Sep 23 21:41:45 2009] : Zotin: "You did well to get out alive"
[Wed Sep 23 21:41:49 2009] : Helena: "Kill it or get out of here?"
[Wed Sep 23 21:42:01 2009] : Barnabas: "He seemed to imply that the cup was both a chart and a key"
[Wed Sep 23 21:42:25 2009] : Elora: Elora whispers: "Could you not have helped him decypher the cup?"
[Wed Sep 23 21:42:26 2009] : Barnabas: "He didn't seem particularly obliging"
[Wed Sep 23 21:43:03 2009] : Barnabas: "I doubt that I have any such skills, and I didn't want to reveal any of you without your permission"
[Wed Sep 23 21:43:49 2009] : Helena: "I appreciate the thought"
[Wed Sep 23 21:44:03 2009] : Draximazix: ooc brb
[Wed Sep 23 21:44:08 2009] : Helena: Helena seems relieved she is in safety
[Wed Sep 23 21:44:08 2009] : Zotin: "I dont think that would've gone down too well"
[Wed Sep 23 21:44:29 2009] : Zotin: "Lets back away a bit"
[Wed Sep 23 21:45:23 2009] : Helena: "Sure"
[Wed Sep 23 21:46:00 2009] : Draximazix: ooc back
[Wed Sep 23 21:46:13 2009] : Barnabas: "So, we know he has the cup, and it's what we want. It's too important to him for him to give it up"
[Wed Sep 23 21:47:11 2009] : Helena: "Why does it just assume we're thieves? Do you think somebody once stole the cup from him?"
[Wed Sep 23 21:48:01 2009] : Elora: "Seriously, I am beginning to wonder what this "seemingly grand mother's cup" really is all about"
[Wed Sep 23 21:48:27 2009] : Elora: "I mean, the farmer did say that he wanted it back out of sentimental reasons"
[Wed Sep 23 21:48:44 2009] : Elora: "but if a dragon finds it so important... it must really hold some extraordinary secret"
[Wed Sep 23 21:49:10 2009] : Helena: "The farmer didn't seem to think it particularly important"
[Wed Sep 23 21:49:34 2009] : Helena: ooc brb
[Wed Sep 23 21:50:35 2009] : Barnabas: "But it may be an heirloom that is worthless to those who don't know its significance"
[Wed Sep 23 21:51:06 2009] : Barnabas: "Or it may indeed have been taken by the farmer's ancestor from perhaps another dragon's hoard"
[Wed Sep 23 21:51:45 2009] : Zotin: "or maybe the dragon is completely wrong"
[Wed Sep 23 21:53:26 2009] : Elora: "I doubt it"
[Wed Sep 23 21:53:33 2009] : Elora: "So I propose two options"
[Wed Sep 23 21:53:40 2009] : Elora: "One, we just go back and forget about this cup"
[Wed Sep 23 21:53:47 2009] : Elora: "Two: we go in and get the cup"
[Wed Sep 23 21:53:51 2009] : Elora: "And be done with it"
[Wed Sep 23 21:53:51 2009] : Helena: "Wouldn't it be a lark if the markings were just decoration?"
[Wed Sep 23 21:54:11 2009] : Helena: "Do dragons sleep?"
[Wed Sep 23 21:54:31 2009] : DM: (**sss**)(**sss**)c (**sss**)t seems l(**sss**)kely
[Wed Sep 23 21:54:38 2009] : DM: ooc it seems likely
[Wed Sep 23 21:55:11 2009] : Barnabas: "We have little idea of this creature's strength"
[Wed Sep 23 21:55:41 2009] : Barnabas: "We are not seasoned adventurers, to be taking on legendary creatures such as dragons"
[Wed Sep 23 21:55:57 2009] : DM: ooc it's only a young dragon.
[Wed Sep 23 21:56:30 2009] : Helena: "We could hole up someplace, wait until it sleeps and then I could try to sneak in and take the cup. Problem is that the dragon would probably find the farmer and the cup and kill everyone there"
[Wed Sep 23 21:56:47 2009] : Zotin: "Good point Helena"
[Wed Sep 23 21:56:56 2009] : Zotin: "We either walk away, or kill it"
[Wed Sep 23 21:57:41 2009] : Elora: "I'm happy to try the stealth path and I'll be ready for any mishap"
[Wed Sep 23 21:57:45 2009] : Helena: "Perhaps we could kill the entrance from the outside and starve it to death?"
[Wed Sep 23 21:58:16 2009] : Helena: "Or at least leave it no way out as we fight it"
[Wed Sep 23 21:59:16 2009] : Barnabas: "Helena, I imagine that may take a long time, and it seems cruel. Dragons may be cruel, but we don't have to stoop to their level"
[Wed Sep 23 21:59:41 2009] : Helena: "Just tossing out some ideas here"
[Wed Sep 23 22:00:00 2009] : Elora: "Can we please make a decision? The more we stall, the less we'll be fit to take it on if needed"
[Wed Sep 23 22:00:26 2009] : Helena: "Seems awfully small for a dragon. I reckon, with the right strategy, we can defeat it"
[Wed Sep 23 22:00:28 2009] : Elora: "Should we just stay here and wait for it to fall asleep?"
[Wed Sep 23 22:00:43 2009] : Elora: "I would say that if in 5 hours, it hasn't slept, we just go and forget about the wholet hing"
[Wed Sep 23 22:01:40 2009] : Barnabas: "If we fight it, then let's try to work out the best strategy"
[Wed Sep 23 22:03:07 2009] : Zotin: "Agreed"
[Wed Sep 23 22:03:16 2009] : Helena: "Agreed"
[Wed Sep 23 22:03:24 2009] : Elora: "makes sense"
[Wed Sep 23 22:04:17 2009] : Helena: "First: if we stay in the corridors it can reach us with teeth or claw. That's an advantage to us"
[Wed Sep 23 22:04:26 2009] : Helena: can't
[Wed Sep 23 22:04:55 2009] : Zotin: "However it can always just fly off with the cup"
[Wed Sep 23 22:05:46 2009] : Barnabas: "I think that we'd struggle to bar the other entrance, so can we bar this one?"
[Wed Sep 23 22:06:05 2009] : Barnabas: "Then approach from the outside entrance?"
[Wed Sep 23 22:06:09 2009] : Helena: "And how would that help us?"
[Wed Sep 23 22:06:41 2009] : Helena: "Ah, yes. But it would be much harder to keep out of its reach then"
[Wed Sep 23 22:06:45 2009] : Barnabas: ooc brb
[Wed Sep 23 22:07:04 2009] : Helena: ooc Can the dragon get into the corridors, DM?
[Wed Sep 23 22:08:31 2009] : DM: Yes, it can squeeze it's way to the dock but can exit via the trapdoor to the shaman's hut.
[Wed Sep 23 22:08:49 2009] : Barnabas: "No need for sarcasm. The question was what could stop it flying off"
[Wed Sep 23 22:08:55 2009] : DM: Whilst in the corridors it's flighting abilities will be limited.
[Wed Sep 23 22:09:09 2009] : Barnabas: "I liked your suggestion - oh, no you didn't make on"
[Wed Sep 23 22:09:10 2009] : DM: ooc I would point out that combat in corridors really sucks.
[Wed Sep 23 22:09:12 2009] : Barnabas: ooc one
[Wed Sep 23 22:09:22 2009] : Helena: "Who was being sarcastic?"
[Wed Sep 23 22:10:00 2009] : Helena: Helena seems truly baffled
[Wed Sep 23 22:10:01 2009] : Barnabas: "Sorry, I'm a little flustered and misunderstood you"
[Wed Sep 23 22:10:15 2009] : Barnabas: ooc read up too quickly :P
[Wed Sep 23 22:10:16 2009] : Helena: ooc Tone of voice again :)
[Wed Sep 23 22:11:03 2009] : Barnabas: "Is there any way we can make ourselves harder to hit?"
[Wed Sep 23 22:11:50 2009] : Zotin: "run around a lot?"
[Wed Sep 23 22:12:21 2009] : Helena: "Hide? At least a creature that size should be easy to hit"
[Wed Sep 23 22:12:32 2009] : Barnabas: "I don't hide very well"
[Wed Sep 23 22:12:44 2009] : Barnabas: ooc no buff spells in 4e seemingly
[Wed Sep 23 22:13:14 2009] : Barnabas: ooc GLC just came on the music player - takes me back
[Wed Sep 23 22:13:28 2009] : Zotin: ooc :D
[Wed Sep 23 22:14:34 2009] : Barnabas: "Well, we aren't achieving much here"
[Wed Sep 23 22:15:06 2009] : Barnabas: "Do we just run in and try to surprise him? I doubt we'd get much surprise"
[Wed Sep 23 22:15:19 2009] : Helena: "So: wait till it falls asleep, get the cup and attack it from outside?"
[Wed Sep 23 22:15:25 2009] : Zotin: "May as well. Whats the worst than can happen?"
[Wed Sep 23 22:15:39 2009] : Helena: "We could all die"
[Wed Sep 23 22:16:47 2009] : Zotin: "I'd rather go out fighting a dragon as die in my sleep"
[Wed Sep 23 22:16:56 2009] : Helena: "But I don't plan for that to happen just yet"
[Wed Sep 23 22:17:15 2009] : Barnabas: "That's a good point, but I'd prefer it if I died fighting a dragon in front of an audience"
[Wed Sep 23 22:17:26 2009] : Helena: "Going outside to find the dragons entrance?"
[Wed Sep 23 22:17:45 2009] : Barnabas: "Rather than in a cave where it's only likely my stuff will end up in a hoard"
[Wed Sep 23 22:18:10 2009] : Zotin: "Unfortunately there's not much chance of an audience here"
[Wed Sep 23 22:18:19 2009] : Barnabas: "To be honest, I don't think it will fly off."
[Wed Sep 23 22:18:34 2009] : Elora: brb loo
[Wed Sep 23 22:20:40 2009] : Barnabas: "So, we wait for it to sleep. Do we approach from here or the main entrance?"
[Wed Sep 23 22:20:44 2009] : DM: Outside the dragon's lair exits near the top of the cliff face over the water. There's a small ledge where it presumably perches before launching itself into the air.
[Wed Sep 23 22:20:56 2009] : DM: It doesn't look feasible to block off this entrance.
[Wed Sep 23 22:20:57 2009] : Barnabas: ooc Dm, was the entrance in the ceiling?
[Wed Sep 23 22:21:13 2009] : Barnabas: ooc Ah, a similarly inaccessible entrance
[Wed Sep 23 22:21:21 2009] : Zotin: "Here when its asleep. Any surpise is an advantage"
[Wed Sep 23 22:21:31 2009] : Barnabas: "OK, let's wait then"
[Wed Sep 23 22:21:54 2009] : DM: GAME END