Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / On the Great River II - 21 July 2009

[Tue Jul 21 19:51:40 2009] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Jul 21 19:52:09 2009] : DM: You've just left Mr Vasylyna's damaged farm.
[Tue Jul 21 19:52:56 2009] : DM: The kobold's that you decided to hunt down sailed off to the south towards a group of smaller islands.
[Tue Jul 21 19:52:58 2009] : DM: What next?
[Tue Jul 21 19:53:28 2009] : Elora: ooc I remember, we're flicked :D
[Tue Jul 21 19:53:40 2009] : Helena: "How do we find those creatures?"
[Tue Jul 21 19:53:45 2009] : Zotin: "So do we think we know where they were heading?"
[Tue Jul 21 19:54:09 2009] : Helena: ooc The thunderstorm started up again here
[Tue Jul 21 19:54:43 2009] : Barnabas: "No idea"
[Tue Jul 21 19:55:43 2009] : Zotin: ooc do I remember Vasylyna telling us where they have been headed?
[Tue Jul 21 19:55:52 2009] : DM: You will remember that the farmer said that kobold's aren't every good sailors so they can't have gotten far.
[Tue Jul 21 19:56:25 2009] : Zotin: "What do you think are our chances of hiring a boat and finding them?"
[Tue Jul 21 19:56:33 2009] : DM: You also know that kobold groups move around a lot so it's unlikely that anyone will know precisely where they're headed.
[Tue Jul 21 19:57:24 2009] : Helena: "You want to go sailing and look for their boat?"
[Tue Jul 21 19:57:43 2009] : Zotin: "Have you anything else to do?"
[Tue Jul 21 19:58:17 2009] : Helena: "No, but I want it known that I can't sail"
[Tue Jul 21 19:58:48 2009] : Zotin: "Neither can Kobolds so it won't be too far"
[Tue Jul 21 19:59:23 2009] : Barnabas: "I also have no sailing skills, so if we want a boat, I suggest we gat a manned one!"
[Tue Jul 21 20:00:06 2009] : Zotin: "That may be a good idea. Preferably by people with local knowledge of the islands"
[Tue Jul 21 20:00:09 2009] : Helena: "That's an idea"
[Tue Jul 21 20:00:42 2009] : Zotin: ooc brb
[Tue Jul 21 20:02:06 2009] : Elora: "Do we absolutely need a boat?"
[Tue Jul 21 20:02:25 2009] : Helena: "You'd rather walk?"
[Tue Jul 21 20:02:38 2009] : Elora: "I mean, we might need a boat that will take us from here to whereever, but I don't think we're fit to roam the seas after them"
[Tue Jul 21 20:02:59 2009] : Elora: "And I am not so fond of sailing anyway"
[Tue Jul 21 20:03:47 2009] : DM: ooc this setting is going to have lots of sailing in it. Elora's going to have to get used to it.
[Tue Jul 21 20:04:44 2009] : Elora: ooc hmpf
[Tue Jul 21 20:04:45 2009] : Helena: ooc This DM is really EVIL
[Tue Jul 21 20:04:50 2009] : Zotin: "Its not roaming the seas. They wont have gone far. Its a little island hopping at most"
[Tue Jul 21 20:05:05 2009] : Elora: 'Well, if we have no other choice"
[Tue Jul 21 20:05:11 2009] : Elora: "I guess it'll have to do"
[Tue Jul 21 20:05:26 2009] : Elora: "so yes, a manned boat seems like the right thing to do"
[Tue Jul 21 20:05:28 2009] : DM: ooc With some brief instruction and a suitable small craft you can all learn to sail.
[Tue Jul 21 20:05:33 2009] : Barnabas: "What's the big deal if we're hiring folk to move the thing for us?"
[Tue Jul 21 20:07:51 2009] : Zotin: "Lets go see if we can get a boat"
[Tue Jul 21 20:08:00 2009] : Elora: "none. Don't expect me to be of much help on a boat though"
[Tue Jul 21 20:08:36 2009] : Barnabas: "I don't expect any of us to be any use Elora. That was entirely my point"
[Tue Jul 21 20:08:50 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas follows Zotin
[Tue Jul 21 20:09:30 2009] : Helena: Helena goes with them
[Tue Jul 21 20:09:36 2009] : DM: You head back to Kodyma, which is busy this morning with folks buying, selling, working and gossiping on street corners.
[Tue Jul 21 20:11:03 2009] : Zotin: Zotin asks around about hiring a boat
[Tue Jul 21 20:11:58 2009] : DM: You are directed to the tavern on the harbor: The Wheel and Anchor.
[Tue Jul 21 20:12:57 2009] : Helena: "At least this tavern doesn't have a ridiculous name, some of them are really dumb"
[Tue Jul 21 20:13:22 2009] : Barnabas: "Like what?"
[Tue Jul 21 20:14:02 2009] : DM: The tavern is a rough looking place, as are most places where sailors go drinking. The faded, weather-beaten sign creaks slowly in the breeze.
[Tue Jul 21 20:14:47 2009] : Elora: Elora looks around at the people there.
[Tue Jul 21 20:15:31 2009] : Helena: "Like: The Flying Horse"
[Tue Jul 21 20:15:51 2009] : Barnabas: "What's wrong with that?"
[Tue Jul 21 20:16:02 2009] : Zotin: "Drink Elora?"
[Tue Jul 21 20:16:07 2009] : Helena: "Who ever heard of flying horses?"
[Tue Jul 21 20:16:13 2009] : Barnabas: "I did"
[Tue Jul 21 20:16:21 2009] : Helena: Helena walks in and looks around
[Tue Jul 21 20:16:29 2009] : DM: The tavern is larger empty at this time in the morning. A few sailors dice in the corners and the barkeep is looking over his barrels.
[Tue Jul 21 20:16:44 2009] : Helena: "Really? Did they have wings or something?"
[Tue Jul 21 20:16:47 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas looks oddly at Helena
[Tue Jul 21 20:17:03 2009] : Barnabas: "Didn't you get told stories when you were a child?"
[Tue Jul 21 20:17:03 2009] : DM: A tough looking man at the bar, already drunk looks up as you enter.
[Tue Jul 21 20:17:12 2009] : Helena: Helena looks back and shrugs
[Tue Jul 21 20:17:36 2009] : Drunk: "Oi! We don't want your sort in here." he slurs.
[Tue Jul 21 20:17:48 2009] : Zotin: "And what type is that?"
[Tue Jul 21 20:18:37 2009] : Barnabas: "Come, come my jolly jack tar. We're not looking for trouble"
[Tue Jul 21 20:18:44 2009] : Barnabas: Diplomacy: [1d20+2+1+5] => [13,2,1,5] = (21)
[Tue Jul 21 20:18:56 2009] : Zotin: ooc my jolly jack tar? lmao
[Tue Jul 21 20:19:00 2009] : Drunk: "Only honest sailors are allowed in here. Walk out or I'll kick you out.", he threatens reaching for his sword.
[Tue Jul 21 20:19:25 2009] : Helena: "We are as honest as any sailor"
[Tue Jul 21 20:19:27 2009] : Helena: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+4] => [13,4] = (17)
[Tue Jul 21 20:19:31 2009] : Drunk: ooc with your reasonably diplomacy roll Barnabas doesn't actually say (cringe) "Jolly jack tar".
[Tue Jul 21 20:19:38 2009] : Barnabas: ooc LOL
[Tue Jul 21 20:19:48 2009] : Helena: ooc I wondered about that
[Tue Jul 21 20:20:09 2009] : Drunk: Mollified the drunk relaxes and get back to his drinking.
[Tue Jul 21 20:20:50 2009] : DM: ooc 40 XP for everyone.
[Tue Jul 21 20:20:58 2009] : Barnabas: ooc Jack tar
[Tue Jul 21 20:22:28 2009] : DM: The barkeep asks you what you want
[Tue Jul 21 20:22:57 2009] : Zotin: "Four of your best"
[Tue Jul 21 20:23:07 2009] : Elora: "We are looking for a crew to take us sailing"
[Tue Jul 21 20:23:13 2009] : Helena: ooc Not wondering what the expression meant, just wondering why anyone would use it
[Tue Jul 21 20:23:38 2009] : Barnabas: ooc because he met the stereotype in my head
[Tue Jul 21 20:23:50 2009] : Barnabas: ooc and it's not an offensive term
[Tue Jul 21 20:24:14 2009] : Barnabas: ooc though obviously these days it's considered a bit hokey :-P
[Tue Jul 21 20:24:17 2009] : Barkeep: "A crew? I don't think there's anyone in port looking for a hire right now. Shouldn't have to wait long."
[Tue Jul 21 20:24:32 2009] : Zotin: oco a bit?
[Tue Jul 21 20:24:46 2009] : Barkeep: ooc it's the "jolly" that made it cringeworthy.
[Tue Jul 21 20:25:36 2009] : Barkeep: "If yer looking for a boat in hurry like. The harbour master is looking to sell a small sailing dingy."
[Tue Jul 21 20:25:40 2009] : Elora: "How long could 'not long" be?"
[Tue Jul 21 20:25:57 2009] : Barkeep: "Some adventuring types like yourselves left it in the harbour."
[Tue Jul 21 20:26:11 2009] : Helena: "How much is he asking for it"
[Tue Jul 21 20:26:21 2009] : Barkeep: "P'rhaps a week, mebbe ten days.."
[Tue Jul 21 20:26:38 2009] : Helena: ooc Hmm, I wonder if we know those adventuring types
[Tue Jul 21 20:26:56 2009] : Barkeep: "Just the week's harbour fees. T'is about 20 gold I reckon by now."
[Tue Jul 21 20:27:01 2009] : Zotin: "Where do we find the harbour master?"
[Tue Jul 21 20:27:10 2009] : Barnabas: "Won't they come back for it?"
[Tue Jul 21 20:27:22 2009] : Barkeep: "The harbour office is just down the docks, can't miss it."
[Tue Jul 21 20:27:58 2009] : Barnabas: ooc brb
[Tue Jul 21 20:28:01 2009] : Barkeep: "Ha. Not likely. Got themselves killed, didn't they."
[Tue Jul 21 20:28:46 2009] : Zotin: "It can happen to any of us"
[Tue Jul 21 20:29:22 2009] : Barnabas: ooc back
[Tue Jul 21 20:29:26 2009] : Helena: "Let's not talk about that now"
[Tue Jul 21 20:30:19 2009] : Elora: "Yeah. Well. I'm not sure we can sail that thing"
[Tue Jul 21 20:31:05 2009] : Zotin: "Its can't be that hard"
[Tue Jul 21 20:31:14 2009] : Barkeep: "Sure you can. Them sort of craft is a piece o' cake to sail. Just watch the weather and don't go too far from land and you'll be fine."
[Tue Jul 21 20:31:15 2009] : Helena: "How difficulet can it be?"
[Tue Jul 21 20:31:44 2009] : Helena: ooc Surely not as difficulet as spelling ;)
[Tue Jul 21 20:34:18 2009] : Zotin: "Lets go pay the harbour master a visit"
[Tue Jul 21 20:34:18 2009] : Helena: "I'm sure someone can show us how to do it"
[Tue Jul 21 20:34:24 2009] : Barkeep: ooc you can sail yourself or wait to hire. It won't make any difference.
[Tue Jul 21 20:35:06 2009] : Zotin: ooc may as well buy the boat
[Tue Jul 21 20:36:42 2009] : Helena: ooc The DM hinted already we might need it again later
[Tue Jul 21 20:36:43 2009] : Barkeep: ooc Also, I don't think it's unrealistic to be able to sail a small vessel in calm waters. Your characters would be more practical than you actually are.
[Tue Jul 21 20:37:03 2009] : Zotin: ooc probably wouldn't be hard
[Tue Jul 21 20:37:05 2009] : Elora: ooc hey! I can sail a boat :P
[Tue Jul 21 20:37:12 2009] : Elora: ooc in real life that is :P
[Tue Jul 21 20:37:26 2009] : Elora: ooc but I hardly see a dwarf on a boat ;-)
[Tue Jul 21 20:38:01 2009] : Zotin: ooc thats cos of the high sides
[Tue Jul 21 20:38:21 2009] : Elora: ooc :P
[Tue Jul 21 20:38:49 2009] : Barnabas: ooc I actually think I'd be better at it. I wouldn't be wearing heavy armour
[Tue Jul 21 20:38:49 2009] : Elora: "Oh well, if we have no other way, at least I'll have stories to tell."
[Tue Jul 21 20:39:07 2009] : Barkeep: ooc in some books dwarfs are know for sailing in deep underground rivers.
[Tue Jul 21 20:39:15 2009] : Elora: ooc right!
[Tue Jul 21 20:40:08 2009] : Barkeep: ooc and since you can sail, delphine, is it actually realistic to be able to sail with minimal instuction/experience?
[Tue Jul 21 20:40:12 2009] : Helena: ooc But never on the sea
[Tue Jul 21 20:41:25 2009] : Elora: ooc if you have a small enough boat and oars to bring you back to the right place, ok, but sailing and understanding the wind is a whole different story"
[Tue Jul 21 20:41:49 2009] : Elora: ooc although I guess all "stranded" people made a raft to get out of their deserted island ;-)
[Tue Jul 21 20:42:35 2009] : Helena: ooc LOL
[Tue Jul 21 20:43:02 2009] : Helena: "Let's be very careful where we go until we've learned to master that boat"
[Tue Jul 21 20:43:41 2009] : Zotin: "I'll be happy just being good enough"
[Tue Jul 21 20:45:06 2009] : Barnabas: "As long as we have oars to move ourselves with, I'll be happy"
[Tue Jul 21 20:45:15 2009] : Zotin: Zotin heads out of the tavern looking for the Harbour Masters office
[Tue Jul 21 20:45:29 2009] : Barnabas: "I feel safer with something I control by my own strength"
[Tue Jul 21 20:45:57 2009] : Elora: "sounds like a good thing"
[Tue Jul 21 20:46:05 2009] : Harbor master: The harbor master is busy with paper work and looks up with a sharp, "Yes?"
[Tue Jul 21 20:46:50 2009] : Helena: Strength: [1d20 + 16/2-5 +level/2] => 1d20 + 16/2-5 +level/2
[Tue Jul 21 20:46:52 2009] : Helena: Dexterity: [1d20 + 13/2-5 +level/2] => 1d20 + 13/2-5 +level/2
[Tue Jul 21 20:47:01 2009] : Zotin: "We hear you've got a sailing boat you want rid of"
[Tue Jul 21 20:48:18 2009] : Harbor master: "Oh good. It's been taking up a berth for over a week now. You'll need to pay the docking feees of 20 gold."
[Tue Jul 21 20:49:27 2009] : Harbor master: "You want to see it?"
[Tue Jul 21 20:49:58 2009] : Zotin: "Why not"
[Tue Jul 21 20:50:08 2009] : Helena: "Yes, please. It's not leaking, is it?"
[Tue Jul 21 20:51:02 2009] : Harbor master: The small ship is seaworthy and can hold 6 people (or 4 people and lots of supplies or loot) and can be sailed by two people. There are ores.
[Tue Jul 21 20:51:55 2009] : Harbor master: ooc and I'd attempt to sprinkly the description with vaguely nautical terms except I'd get them all wrong....
[Tue Jul 21 20:52:00 2009] : Harbor master: "Interested?"
[Tue Jul 21 20:52:04 2009] : Barnabas: ooc any oars near those ores?? ;-)
[Tue Jul 21 20:52:21 2009] : Zotin: ooc smartarse
[Tue Jul 21 20:52:27 2009] : Zotin: "Could be"
[Tue Jul 21 20:52:28 2009] : Harbor master: "There are two pairs of oars."
[Tue Jul 21 20:52:47 2009] : Barnabas: "Looks like what we need"
[Tue Jul 21 20:52:53 2009] : Barnabas: "Not too big"
[Tue Jul 21 20:53:32 2009] : Barnabas: "We don't owe the harbour fees and we're stopping it taking up a berth..."
[Tue Jul 21 20:53:39 2009] : Helena: Helena looks the boat over, checking for leaks, looking for signs of dereliction etc.
[Tue Jul 21 20:53:51 2009] : Helena: Perception Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [1,0] = (1)
[Tue Jul 21 20:54:03 2009] : Barnabas: "12gp cash?"
[Tue Jul 21 20:54:06 2009] : Harbor master: It's of sound quality.
[Tue Jul 21 20:54:06 2009] : Elora: ooc like that's gonna help
[Tue Jul 21 20:54:20 2009] : Helena: ooc Nice! Next time I really need to open my eyes ;)
[Tue Jul 21 20:55:14 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas has the look of someone wanting to barter
[Tue Jul 21 20:55:26 2009] : Harbor master: ooc diplomacy roll
[Tue Jul 21 20:55:30 2009] : Barnabas: Diplomacy: [1d20+2+1+5] => [9,2,1,5] = (17)
[Tue Jul 21 20:56:04 2009] : Harbor master: "14 gold and I'll call it a deal. It'll be good to get this ship out of the harbor."
[Tue Jul 21 20:56:27 2009] : Barnabas: "Sounds fair to me"
[Tue Jul 21 20:56:48 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas takes out 3 gold and 5 silver
[Tue Jul 21 20:57:06 2009] : Helena: Helena pays up
[Tue Jul 21 20:57:08 2009] : Zotin: Zotin chips in with his share
[Tue Jul 21 20:57:43 2009] : Elora: "Done"
[Tue Jul 21 20:57:52 2009] : Elora: Elora pays up as well.
[Tue Jul 21 20:57:54 2009] : Harbor master: The harbor master takes the coins and heads back to his office.
[Tue Jul 21 20:58:10 2009] : Zotin: "Well that was easy"
[Tue Jul 21 20:58:13 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas hands over 14gp
[Tue Jul 21 20:58:17 2009] : Barnabas: "A pleasure sir"
[Tue Jul 21 21:00:48 2009] : Zotin: "Lets have a look around it"
[Tue Jul 21 21:01:44 2009] : Barnabas: "It's only small, not a lot to look around"
[Tue Jul 21 21:02:14 2009] : DM: what next?
[Tue Jul 21 21:02:22 2009] : Barnabas: "I think that we should all hop in and have a try out in the safety of the harbour"
[Tue Jul 21 21:02:51 2009] : Zotin: "Ok"
[Tue Jul 21 21:02:59 2009] : Zotin: Zotin climbs aboard
[Tue Jul 21 21:03:05 2009] : Barnabas: ooc presumably there's a boom or two preventing waves getting in? Not that Barnabas probably knows what they are or their purpose
[Tue Jul 21 21:04:15 2009] : DM: The harbour is a natural harbour so it's calmer waters.
[Tue Jul 21 21:04:45 2009] : Helena: ooc Boom? What does a boom have to with preventing waves getting in?
[Tue Jul 21 21:04:47 2009] : DM: The Great River as a whole is quiet calm expect during storms, unlikely the open ocean.
[Tue Jul 21 21:05:38 2009] : DM: ooc I think he means breakwaters.
[Tue Jul 21 21:06:26 2009] : Helena: ooc Don't know that word
[Tue Jul 21 21:06:45 2009] : Elora: ooc Dijk
[Tue Jul 21 21:06:47 2009] : Zotin: ooc basically a way to keep the harbour calmer than the outside waters
[Tue Jul 21 21:06:50 2009] : Elora: ooc or something.
[Tue Jul 21 21:07:53 2009] : Helena: ooc Actually I did know it in that meaning, but I thought it was meant to describe a part of the boat *shrug*
[Tue Jul 21 21:08:30 2009] : Helena: Helena goes on board and tries to make sense of the tackle
[Tue Jul 21 21:08:47 2009] : Helena: ooc Not dijk, but golfbreker
[Tue Jul 21 21:12:30 2009] : Elora: Elora goes on board and studies the boat, trying to make sense of all ropes and sails
[Tue Jul 21 21:12:31 2009] : Zotin: "Right, lets give this a go"
[Tue Jul 21 21:13:18 2009] : Zotin: Zotin unties the boat from the dock
[Tue Jul 21 21:13:36 2009] : DM: You head out into the harbour to the good natured jibes of the nearby sailors.
[Tue Jul 21 21:14:25 2009] : DM: The craft is easy to handle and after a few false starts you have it pointing in the right direction and under sail.
[Tue Jul 21 21:14:38 2009] : Helena: "Let's try very hard to not look foolish with everyone watching us"
[Tue Jul 21 21:15:36 2009] : Barnabas: "Ah, sailing is their living. I doubt they'd be too happy face to face with a bunch of goblins"
[Tue Jul 21 21:16:14 2009] : Zotin: "Very true, but I dont think that'll help us if we end up in the water"
[Tue Jul 21 21:16:17 2009] : Barnabas: "So I feel no shame in doing this wrong"
[Tue Jul 21 21:16:37 2009] : Elora: "Neither do i"
[Tue Jul 21 21:16:49 2009] : Elora: "We're doing good"
[Tue Jul 21 21:16:55 2009] : Elora: Elora smiles
[Tue Jul 21 21:17:03 2009] : Elora: "Maybe it's actually easier than i always thought"
[Tue Jul 21 21:17:22 2009] : Zotin: "Me neither, but it'd be nice to prove them wrong, eh?"
[Tue Jul 21 21:17:23 2009] : Helena: "We haven't even fallen in yet"
[Tue Jul 21 21:20:07 2009] : Helena: "Where to now? Do well dock first to take in supplies?"
[Tue Jul 21 21:20:15 2009] : Zotin: "Do we need any?"
[Tue Jul 21 21:20:17 2009] : Helena: ooc we, not well
[Tue Jul 21 21:20:52 2009] : Helena: "I'm alright for now, but I don't know about everybody else"
[Tue Jul 21 21:21:17 2009] : Elora: "I guess I'm fine"
[Tue Jul 21 21:21:23 2009] : Elora: "A map would be good though"
[Tue Jul 21 21:21:33 2009] : Elora: "so we know where we're going"
[Tue Jul 21 21:21:45 2009] : Zotin: "Ah, good point"
[Tue Jul 21 21:22:23 2009] : Barnabas: "Maybe best to grab a week or so's trail rations"
[Tue Jul 21 21:22:45 2009] : Helena: "And some fresh water perhaps"
[Tue Jul 21 21:24:20 2009] : DM: You have a choice of maps and charts, you can buy a basic map for 1 gold or pay 10 gold for an an accurate nautical chart showing reefs and shallow waters.
[Tue Jul 21 21:25:06 2009] : Elora: "I think we should spare the 10 GP"
[Tue Jul 21 21:25:11 2009] : Elora: ooc no, not spare
[Tue Jul 21 21:25:15 2009] : Elora: "We shouldn't spare"
[Tue Jul 21 21:25:27 2009] : Helena: "Uhm, I'd suggest the more expensive map, we'll need it"
[Tue Jul 21 21:25:42 2009] : Zotin: "Can we understand it though"
[Tue Jul 21 21:26:15 2009] : Helena: "Doesn't look too complicated, actually"
[Tue Jul 21 21:28:09 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas hands over 2.5GP
[Tue Jul 21 21:28:31 2009] : Zotin: "I was just about to ask what you thought, Barnabus"
[Tue Jul 21 21:29:17 2009] : Zotin: "I think we need all the help we can get Elora"
[Tue Jul 21 21:29:19 2009] : Barnabas: "Better safe than sorry"
[Tue Jul 21 21:29:44 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas also buys another 10 days worth of rations at 5gp
[Tue Jul 21 21:29:58 2009] : Barnabas: ooc no idea how many of the original lot has gone!
[Tue Jul 21 21:30:21 2009] : Zotin: ooc I'm in the same boat (ba-doom)
[Tue Jul 21 21:30:35 2009] : DM: ooc I wouldn't bother tracking rations unless it's part of the story, e.g., crossing a desert for weeks or something like that.
[Tue Jul 21 21:31:56 2009] : Elora: ooc I used the wrong word. I meant we should buy the better map"
[Tue Jul 21 21:32:08 2009] : Elora: Elora hands out her GPs as well
[Tue Jul 21 21:32:48 2009] : DM: ooc "We can spare the 10 gold" would be the correct phrase in English.
[Tue Jul 21 21:34:03 2009] : Barnabas: ooc OK
[Tue Jul 21 21:34:29 2009] : Helena: Helena contributes towards the map
[Tue Jul 21 21:34:51 2009] : Helena: ooc The map refreshed! :-D
[Tue Jul 21 21:35:06 2009] : Barnabas: ooc heavy people are distributed evenly ;-)
[Tue Jul 21 21:35:10 2009] : Elora: ooc we're in a boat!
[Tue Jul 21 21:35:27 2009] : DM: ooc can everyone see four people on a boat with unlabeled minis?
[Tue Jul 21 21:35:31 2009] : Elora: ooc /me has a really small screen, so keeping map at minimum
[Tue Jul 21 21:35:35 2009] : Elora: ooc I can.
[Tue Jul 21 21:35:43 2009] : Zotin: ooc yep
[Tue Jul 21 21:36:49 2009] : DM: ooc excellent. Let's kill some things.
[Tue Jul 21 21:37:13 2009] : Helena: ooc Clear as a bell
[Tue Jul 21 21:37:39 2009] : Helena: ooc Darn those hot flashes
[Tue Jul 21 21:37:46 2009] : Elora: ooc can I try a few things first
[Tue Jul 21 21:37:53 2009] : DM: ooc okay
[Tue Jul 21 21:38:02 2009] : Elora: Spinning Sweep: (EP)[1d20+7+1] => [6,7,1] = (14) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6] => [8,6] = (14) - You knock the target prone
[Tue Jul 21 21:38:31 2009] : Elora: Spinning Sweep: (EP)[1d20+7+1] => [4,7,1] = (12) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6] => [8,6] = (14) - You knock the target prone
[Tue Jul 21 21:38:41 2009] : Elora: oc hurray, no tag bold needed!
[Tue Jul 21 21:40:17 2009] : DM: Supplies purchased and loaded you finally set out for the likely location of the kobolds at around noon.
[Tue Jul 21 21:41:28 2009] : Elora: Strength: [1d20 + 2/2] => [11,1] = (12)
[Tue Jul 21 21:41:45 2009] : DM: Winds are light and from south west and you make reasonable time. Judging from your speed so far and the charts you estimate it will take 3 hours to reach the nearly small island.
[Tue Jul 21 21:41:46 2009] : Elora: ooc sorry
[Tue Jul 21 21:42:26 2009] : DM: About half way there you spot a flying creature approaching, at first you think it's a bird but when it circles closer you see it's far to large.
[Tue Jul 21 21:43:25 2009] : Zotin: Nature: [1d20+2] => [5,2] = (7)
[Tue Jul 21 21:43:26 2009] : DM: It's circles slowly around the boat about 150 ft away and you see it's grey humanoid about 3ft tall with small wings.
[Tue Jul 21 21:43:38 2009] : Helena: "What?"
[Tue Jul 21 21:43:48 2009] : Helena: Dungeoneering Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [18,5] = (23)
[Tue Jul 21 21:43:50 2009] : DM: It circles closer.
[Tue Jul 21 21:44:47 2009] : DM: ooc Nature skill roll to identify it.
[Tue Jul 21 21:45:00 2009] : Elora: Nature: [1d20+1+1] => [8,1,1] = (10)
[Tue Jul 21 21:45:06 2009] : Barnabas: Nature: [1d20+-1+1] => [17,-1,1] = (17)
[Tue Jul 21 21:46:02 2009] : Helena: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [10,0] = (10)
[Tue Jul 21 21:46:38 2009] : Barnabas: "I believe it's a type oc scout"
[Tue Jul 21 21:46:50 2009] : Barnabas: "A magical construct"
[Tue Jul 21 21:47:01 2009] : Barnabas: "Made out of clay"
[Tue Jul 21 21:47:23 2009] : DM: It's approaching closer, 100 ft away now.
[Tue Jul 21 21:47:26 2009] : Zotin: "A threat?"
[Tue Jul 21 21:47:52 2009] : DM: It's circling closer and looking at you.
[Tue Jul 21 21:48:00 2009] : Barnabas: "No idea"
[Tue Jul 21 21:48:23 2009] : Zotin: ooc which direction did it come from?
[Tue Jul 21 21:48:31 2009] : DM: It came from the south
[Tue Jul 21 21:48:36 2009] : Helena: Helena gets her crossbow out, but doesn't aim or shoot
[Tue Jul 21 21:48:56 2009] : Helena: "Would kobolds use something like that?"
[Tue Jul 21 21:49:28 2009] : Barnabas: "It's an unusual circumstance that I know this much"
[Tue Jul 21 21:49:53 2009] : Barnabas: "I have no further information I'm afraid"
[Tue Jul 21 21:50:26 2009] : DM: ooc and no, I don't know why it's a nature skill roll to ID constructs.
[Tue Jul 21 21:50:30 2009] : Zotin: "I get the feeling that this construct is beyond the abilities our Kobold friends"
[Tue Jul 21 21:50:44 2009] : Zotin: ooc was asking myself that too
[Tue Jul 21 21:50:52 2009] : DM: It's getting closer: 75 ft.
[Tue Jul 21 21:51:35 2009] : DM: 50 ft.
[Tue Jul 21 21:51:47 2009] : DM: ooc let me know if you're going to attack or do some other action
[Tue Jul 21 21:52:00 2009] : Barnabas: ooc it's got a red mini, it must be bad
[Tue Jul 21 21:52:06 2009] : Zotin: ooc lol
[Tue Jul 21 21:52:17 2009] : Elora: ooc lol
[Tue Jul 21 21:52:32 2009] : Helena: ooc LOL Red means it dies, doesn't it?
[Tue Jul 21 21:52:32 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas waves
[Tue Jul 21 21:52:40 2009] : Zotin: "I dont like the thought of being watched, but I'm not sure I want to anger someone who can create this thing"
[Tue Jul 21 21:52:50 2009] : DM: The homunculus continues to circle and watch.
[Tue Jul 21 21:53:05 2009] : DM: 50 ft away
[Tue Jul 21 21:53:06 2009] : Helena: Helena raises her crossbow slightly, still not aiming or shooting
[Tue Jul 21 21:53:59 2009] : DM: The clay scout approaches closer eyes flicking between each of you. It seems wary but non threatening.
[Tue Jul 21 21:54:15 2009] : DM: 25 ft away
[Tue Jul 21 21:54:23 2009] : Barnabas: "It's not harming us at present"
[Tue Jul 21 21:54:49 2009] : Elora: "Right, but a ... construct?"
[Tue Jul 21 21:54:56 2009] : Elora: "That does not sound too good for some reason"
[Tue Jul 21 21:55:10 2009] : DM: It swoops down and lands on the top of the mast, grabbing hold and stays there. Head turning occastionally to keep you all in view.
[Tue Jul 21 21:55:14 2009] : Helena: "Are constructs alive or just machines?"
[Tue Jul 21 21:55:52 2009] : Zotin: Zotin walks around the mast so that it can't watch everyone at once
[Tue Jul 21 21:55:53 2009] : Barnabas: "No idea"
[Tue Jul 21 21:56:13 2009] : Barnabas: "Hi there little fellow"
[Tue Jul 21 21:56:25 2009] : Barnabas: "We mean no harm to you"
[Tue Jul 21 21:57:00 2009] : DM: It doesn't say anything or make a noise. It just sits there watching and waiting.
[Tue Jul 21 21:57:41 2009] : DM: What are you going to do about it.
[Tue Jul 21 21:57:43 2009] : DM: ?
[Tue Jul 21 21:58:27 2009] : Zotin: "Any ideas?"
[Tue Jul 21 21:58:32 2009] : Helena: Just leave it be, unless it attacks us
[Tue Jul 21 21:58:52 2009] : Helena: "It's not bothering me" *shrug*
[Tue Jul 21 21:58:59 2009] : DM: brb
[Tue Jul 21 22:00:02 2009] : Zotin: "I'm not exactly happy about being watched like this. Surely a friendly watcher would announce themselves"
[Tue Jul 21 22:00:26 2009] : DM: ooc back
[Tue Jul 21 22:01:16 2009] : Elora: "agreed"
[Tue Jul 21 22:01:26 2009] : Elora: "This said, i can't really jump and touch that thing"
[Tue Jul 21 22:01:27 2009] : Barnabas: "Not if they can't speak"
[Tue Jul 21 22:01:43 2009] : Elora: "We should at least stop the boat, it might prove difficult to man the boat and keep an eye on that thing"
[Tue Jul 21 22:01:46 2009] : Barnabas: "Let's not assume the worst"
[Tue Jul 21 22:02:11 2009] : Barnabas: "OK, stop the boat... And then what?"
[Tue Jul 21 22:02:53 2009] : Zotin: "I'd rather get to land as quickly as we can. The seas are calm now, but no sense hanging around"
[Tue Jul 21 22:02:59 2009] : Helena: "Stop it in the middle of the water?"
[Tue Jul 21 22:03:33 2009] : Helena: "Surely with the 4 of us we can watch 1 construct in our mast"
[Tue Jul 21 22:03:47 2009] : Barnabas: "Exactly"
[Tue Jul 21 22:05:09 2009] : Elora: "I meant make sure that we're not going to end up on a reef or somesuch"
[Tue Jul 21 22:05:17 2009] : Elora: "Making for land might be a good idea"
[Tue Jul 21 22:05:48 2009] : DM: Okay, you continue to sail for land while keeping a eye on the watching homunculus.
[Tue Jul 21 22:06:15 2009] : DM: Nothing changes for half an hour and then you see a second one approaching, also from the south.
[Tue Jul 21 22:06:34 2009] : Helena: Helena occasionally waves at the creature when not busy with her tasks
[Tue Jul 21 22:06:35 2009] : Zotin: "Ok, this is getting strange"
[Tue Jul 21 22:06:52 2009] : Helena: "It's got a little friend, seems like"
[Tue Jul 21 22:07:55 2009] : Elora: "Well, I don't like that"
[Tue Jul 21 22:08:59 2009] : Barnabas: "Maybe they're escaping an awful master"
[Tue Jul 21 22:09:51 2009] : Zotin: ooc how high is the mast?
[Tue Jul 21 22:10:53 2009] : DM: ooc uh. I dunno.
[Tue Jul 21 22:11:39 2009] : Helena: ooc Ask Delphine ;)
[Tue Jul 21 22:11:42 2009] : Zotin: ooc climbable?
[Tue Jul 21 22:12:22 2009] : Helena: ooc Aren't all masts?
[Tue Jul 21 22:12:47 2009] : Barnabas: ooc not in boats this size
[Tue Jul 21 22:13:07 2009] : Zotin: Zotin starts trying to climb the mast up to the perched creature
[Tue Jul 21 22:13:13 2009] : DM: Climb check
[Tue Jul 21 22:13:42 2009] : DM: ooc Athletics
[Tue Jul 21 22:13:50 2009] : Zotin: Athletics: [1d20+2] => [3,2] = (5)
[Tue Jul 21 22:13:58 2009] : Zotin: ooc humph
[Tue Jul 21 22:14:25 2009] : DM: You barely make it 2 ft up before you fall.
[Tue Jul 21 22:14:45 2009] : Helena: "Do you need a stepladder?"
[Tue Jul 21 22:14:46 2009] : DM: All the time the 2nd homunculus draws closer.
[Tue Jul 21 22:14:55 2009] : Zotin: "hmm, anyone else care to try?"
[Tue Jul 21 22:15:49 2009] : Barnabas: Athletics: [1d20+3+1+5-1] => [10,3,1,5,-1] = (18)
[Tue Jul 21 22:17:15 2009] : DM: Barnabas climbs up 3? squares (half your speed).
[Tue Jul 21 22:17:24 2009] : Barnabas: "OK, I'm up"
[Tue Jul 21 22:17:42 2009] : Barnabas: ooc 5, so probably only 2
[Tue Jul 21 22:18:01 2009] : DM: One more check to get in reach.
[Tue Jul 21 22:18:07 2009] : Barnabas: Athletics: [1d20+3+1+5-1] => [5,3,1,5,-1] = (13)
[Tue Jul 21 22:18:31 2009] : DM: Okay, Barnabas reaches the top of the mast, in reach of the homunculus.
[Tue Jul 21 22:18:42 2009] : DM: It takes of and bares its teeth at you.
[Tue Jul 21 22:18:51 2009] : Barnabas: "What am I supposed to do?"
[Tue Jul 21 22:19:08 2009] : Zotin: "Nasty little blighter"
[Tue Jul 21 22:19:10 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas slides down
[Tue Jul 21 22:19:24 2009] : Barnabas: "Probably not too friendly then"
[Tue Jul 21 22:19:37 2009] : Helena: "Or afraid"
[Tue Jul 21 22:19:42 2009] : DM: The homunculus lands back on the boat clinging onto the gunwale on the port side.
[Tue Jul 21 22:19:59 2009] : Zotin: Zotin walks over to it
[Tue Jul 21 22:20:03 2009] : Barnabas: "Bugger off. Shoo!"
[Tue Jul 21 22:20:52 2009] : DM: The 2nd is nearly at the boat now. Both flex their clawed hands and flash their toothy mouths.
[Tue Jul 21 22:21:16 2009] : Helena: "Why bother it when it doesn't bother us?"
[Tue Jul 21 22:21:17 2009] : DM: They don't move to attack.
[Tue Jul 21 22:21:34 2009] : Zotin: "That looked like a threat to me"
[Tue Jul 21 22:21:40 2009] : Elora: "To me too"
[Tue Jul 21 22:21:50 2009] : DM: The clay scout lands opposite the first.
[Tue Jul 21 22:22:08 2009] : Elora: Elora looses her axe in her belt and checks her sling is at hand
[Tue Jul 21 22:22:11 2009] : DM: They sit and watch.
[Tue Jul 21 22:22:13 2009] : Helena: "To me it looked more like a trapped animal, lashing out out of fear"
[Tue Jul 21 22:22:32 2009] : Zotin: "Exactly how are they trapped??"
[Tue Jul 21 22:22:56 2009] : Helena: Helena makes sure her crossbow is in reach, but makes no move to load it
[Tue Jul 21 22:23:09 2009] : Zotin: "We happen to be ones stuck on the boat. They came here and can just fly off again"
[Tue Jul 21 22:23:22 2009] : Helena: "Just talking about its reaction to Barnabas' approach"
[Tue Jul 21 22:23:41 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas unsheathes his sword
[Tue Jul 21 22:23:44 2009] : Zotin: "I dont like this one little bit"
[Tue Jul 21 22:24:14 2009] : DM: Are you going to wait and see what they do next?
[Tue Jul 21 22:24:22 2009] : Elora: "Neither do I"
[Tue Jul 21 22:24:29 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas then fixes his shield and hopes he doesn't need to swim
[Tue Jul 21 22:24:45 2009] : Barnabas: "Do you suppose that they could damage the boat?"
[Tue Jul 21 22:24:59 2009] : Zotin: "No idea."
[Tue Jul 21 22:25:06 2009] : Elora: "Well, if more of them come along..."
[Tue Jul 21 22:25:08 2009] : Barnabas: ooc how big are they?
[Tue Jul 21 22:25:45 2009] : Helena: "Well, let's hope no more do come"
[Tue Jul 21 22:25:51 2009] : Elora: "Enough talking, I don't like the look of them."
[Tue Jul 21 22:26:10 2009] : Elora: "Elora takes moves her sling to aim"
[Tue Jul 21 22:26:17 2009] : Elora: "Elora takes moves her sling to aim"
[Tue Jul 21 22:26:17 2009] : DM: Roll initiative
[Tue Jul 21 22:26:22 2009] : Barnabas: Initiative: [1d20+1+1+2] => [4,1,1,2] = (8) - Includes +2 for Combat Leader
[Tue Jul 21 22:26:25 2009] : Elora: Initiative: [1d20 + 2/2] => [10,1] = (11)
[Tue Jul 21 22:26:28 2009] : Zotin: Initiative
[Tue Jul 21 22:26:30 2009] : Zotin: Initiative: [1d20 + 2/2 + (16/2-5) + 4 + 2] => [6,1,3,4,2] = (16)
[Tue Jul 21 22:26:31 2009] : DM: Initiative: [1d20 + 2/2 + 2] => [3,1,2] = (6)
[Tue Jul 21 22:26:32 2009] : DM: Initiative: [1d20 + 2/2 + 2] => [14,1,2] = (17)
[Tue Jul 21 22:27:18 2009] : DM: ooc Helena?
[Tue Jul 21 22:27:57 2009] : Helena: ooc Sorry, was busy arranging my cards
[Tue Jul 21 22:28:10 2009] : Helena: Initiative [1d20+8] => [6,8] = (14) (inclused +2 for Combat Leader)
[Tue Jul 21 22:30:04 2009] : DM: Elora, your surprise attack (one standard action).
[Tue Jul 21 22:31:39 2009] : Elora: Elora aims and shoots with her sling
[Tue Jul 21 22:31:48 2009] : Elora: #1
[Tue Jul 21 22:31:51 2009] : Elora: Sling: [1d20+3] => [2,3] = (5) vs AC - Damage:[1d6] => [3] = (3)
[Tue Jul 21 22:31:55 2009] : Elora: done.
[Tue Jul 21 22:32:00 2009] : DM: Your bullet misses.
[Tue Jul 21 22:32:19 2009] : Elora: Elora curses
[Tue Jul 21 22:32:35 2009] : Clay Scout: The scouts launch themselves into the air and blast Barnabas and Helena with a pyschic attack
[Tue Jul 21 22:32:39 2009] : Clay Scout: Mind Touch: [1d20 + 5] => [20,5] = (25) vs Ref. ===> [1d6 + 3] => [6,3] = (9) and dazed
[Tue Jul 21 22:32:40 2009] : Clay Scout: Mind Touch: [1d20 + 5] => [18,5] = (23) vs Ref. ===> [1d6 + 3] => [4,3] = (7) and dazed
[Tue Jul 21 22:32:51 2009] : Barnabas: Reflex: 15
[Tue Jul 21 22:33:16 2009] : Clay Scout: ooc could everyone put all their defenses in the status like Zotin has done, please?
[Tue Jul 21 22:33:24 2009] : Helena: Helena Defences: Ref 18.
[Tue Jul 21 22:33:27 2009] : Zotin: ooc :D
[Tue Jul 21 22:34:11 2009] : Clay Scout: Both Belena and become disoriented, the two clay scouts that were there a second ago seem to no longer be there.
[Tue Jul 21 22:34:36 2009] : Clay Scout: Oops. Only barnbas was attacked.
[Tue Jul 21 22:34:44 2009] : Clay Scout: Helena you're fine.
[Tue Jul 21 22:34:57 2009] : DM: Zotin?
[Tue Jul 21 22:35:00 2009] : Helena: ooc OK
[Tue Jul 21 22:35:39 2009] : Zotin: Zotin attacks #1
[Tue Jul 21 22:35:45 2009] : Zotin: Force Orb: (EP) Ranged 20:
Primary Attack: To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(18/2-5)+2/2] => [3,4,1] = (8) - Hit: [2d8+(18/2-5)] => [4,5,4] = (13) Force damage.

Secondary Attack (Each enemy adjacent to Primary): To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(18/2-5)+2/2] => [1,4,1] = (6) - Hit: [1d10+(18/2-5)] => [8,4] = (12) Force damage.

[Tue Jul 21 22:36:02 2009] : Zotin: ooc well that sucks
[Tue Jul 21 22:36:05 2009] : Zotin: Done
[Tue Jul 21 22:36:06 2009] : DM: Miss.
[Tue Jul 21 22:36:11 2009] : DM: Elora?
[Tue Jul 21 22:36:32 2009] : Elora: ooc how high are they?
[Tue Jul 21 22:37:22 2009] : DM: #2 is still sitting on the boat, #1 is 5 ft up.
[Tue Jul 21 22:37:44 2009] : Elora: ooc #2 is sitting on the side of the boat right?
[Tue Jul 21 22:38:14 2009] : DM: ooc see PHB page 277 for dazed.
[Tue Jul 21 22:38:23 2009] : Elora: Elora drops her sling and takes her axe in hand.
[Tue Jul 21 22:38:23 2009] : DM: ooc yess
[Tue Jul 21 22:38:31 2009] : Elora: ooc dropping is a move action?
[Tue Jul 21 22:38:35 2009] : Elora: ooc no PHB, sorry :-
[Tue Jul 21 22:38:44 2009] : DM: ooc dropping is free action
[Tue Jul 21 22:38:55 2009] : Elora: ooc can I move towards #2?
[Tue Jul 21 22:39:13 2009] : DM: ooc draw is minor
[Tue Jul 21 22:39:17 2009] : Elora: ooc I'm useless without my PHB :(
[Tue Jul 21 22:39:27 2009] : DM: ooc You can drop, draw, move and attack.
[Tue Jul 21 22:39:47 2009] : Elora: Elora moves to #2 and swings her axe
[Tue Jul 21 22:39:52 2009] : Elora: Reaping Strike: (AWP) - Greataxe: [1d20+7+1] => [19,7,1] = (27) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6] => [2,6] = (8) - Miss: Half Strength modifier damage. If you're wielding a two-handed weapon, you deal damage equal to your Strength modifier [4] => 4
[Tue Jul 21 22:39:59 2009] : Elora: done.
[Tue Jul 21 22:40:19 2009] : DM: A glancing blow.
[Tue Jul 21 22:40:32 2009] : DM: Barnabas?
[Tue Jul 21 22:41:09 2009] : Barnabas: ooc trying to find what I can do with an action point
[Tue Jul 21 22:41:10 2009] : DM: Your mind is fuzzy and can no longer see the gray scouts, but you know where they were.
[Tue Jul 21 22:41:28 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas looks a bit funny
[Tue Jul 21 22:41:31 2009] : DM: ooc gain an extra action
[Tue Jul 21 22:41:35 2009] : Barnabas: "Are they still here?"
[Tue Jul 21 22:41:43 2009] : Zotin: "Course they are!"
[Tue Jul 21 22:41:55 2009] : Helena: "Just look at them"
[Tue Jul 21 22:42:05 2009] : Barnabas: "I can't see them"
[Tue Jul 21 22:42:55 2009] : Zotin: "One in front of Elora!"
[Tue Jul 21 22:43:09 2009] : Helena: "That's strange. Can't you see anything at all?"
[Tue Jul 21 22:43:10 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas waits
[Tue Jul 21 22:43:11 2009] : DM: ooc good call Zotin.
[Tue Jul 21 22:43:24 2009] : DM: ooc you can attack with a -5 penalty
[Tue Jul 21 22:43:26 2009] : Barnabas: Done
[Tue Jul 21 22:43:33 2009] : Barnabas: ooc can't move and attack
[Tue Jul 21 22:43:34 2009] : DM: Saving throw
[Tue Jul 21 22:43:39 2009] : Barnabas: [1d20] => [4] = (4)
[Tue Jul 21 22:43:45 2009] : DM: Still dazed.
[Tue Jul 21 22:44:14 2009] : Clay Scout: The 2nd clay scout bites Elora and backs of.
[Tue Jul 21 22:44:17 2009] : Clay Scout: Bite: [1d20 + 3] => [5,3] = (8) vs AC ===> [1d6+3] => [6,3] = (9) and [1d20 + 2] => [8,2] = (10) vs Fort. ===> Slow
[Tue Jul 21 22:44:28 2009] : Clay Scout: Its teeth snap on empty air.
[Tue Jul 21 22:45:07 2009] : Clay Scout: Helena is blasted by a psychic attack from the 1st scout.
[Tue Jul 21 22:45:10 2009] : Clay Scout: Mind Touch: [1d20 + 5] => [14,5] = (19) vs Ref. ===> [1d6 + 3] => [1,3] = (4) and dazed
[Tue Jul 21 22:45:41 2009] : Clay Scout: You become as dazed as Barnabas.
[Tue Jul 21 22:45:45 2009] : DM: Zotin?
[Tue Jul 21 22:45:57 2009] : Zotin: Zotin attacks #1 again
[Tue Jul 21 22:46:01 2009] : Zotin: Acid Arrow: (DP) Ranged 20:
Primary Attack: To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(18/2-5)+2/2] => [19,4,1] = (24) - Hit: [2d8+(18/2-5)] => [8,1,4] = (13) Acid damage. Ongoing 5.

Secondary Attack (each adjacent to Primary if hit): To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(18/2-5)+2/2] => [3,4,1] = (8) - Hit: [1d8+(18/2-5)] => [7,4] = (11) Acid damage. Ongoing 5.

Miss: Half damage. No secondary attack

[Tue Jul 21 22:46:09 2009] : Helena: "What happened?"
[Tue Jul 21 22:46:38 2009] : Zotin: Done
[Tue Jul 21 22:46:49 2009] : DM: A green, dripping arrow streaks towards the homunculus and strikes, splashing acid around.
[Tue Jul 21 22:47:06 2009] : DM: Elora?
[Tue Jul 21 22:47:55 2009] : Elora: Elora gets closer to the side of the boat and tries to strike #2
[Tue Jul 21 22:48:01 2009] : Helena: ooc What happened to my turn?
[Tue Jul 21 22:48:11 2009] : DM: ooc oops, sorry!
[Tue Jul 21 22:48:20 2009] : Elora: ooc k go ahead
[Tue Jul 21 22:49:01 2009] : DM: Helena? Take one round undazed and then another dazed.
[Tue Jul 21 22:49:03 2009] : Helena: Helena finds she can just about aim at #1 and shoot
[Tue Jul 21 22:49:16 2009] : Helena: Crossbow, hand (base): [1d20+8] => [11,8] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d6+5] => [2,5] = (7)
[Tue Jul 21 22:49:54 2009] : DM: The bold thuds into the scouts clay flesh.
[Tue Jul 21 22:50:20 2009] : Helena: ooc I misread, I should be able to use my Sly Flourish, I think. OK, next time
[Tue Jul 21 22:50:58 2009] : DM: Your second round?
[Tue Jul 21 22:51:10 2009] : DM: Dazed this time.
[Tue Jul 21 22:52:00 2009] : DM: ooc Helena?
[Tue Jul 21 22:52:53 2009] : Helena: Helena At Will Powers: Sly Flourish vs. AC Hand Crossbow Increased damage, Attack [1d20+8] => [3,8] = (11), Damage [1d6+8] => [6,8] = (14), Sneak Attack [2d8] => [8,6] = (14).
[Tue Jul 21 22:53:00 2009] : DM: Miss.
[Tue Jul 21 22:53:02 2009] : DM: Saving throw
[Tue Jul 21 22:53:09 2009] : Helena: [1d20] => [13] = (13)
[Tue Jul 21 22:53:15 2009] : DM: Your mind clears
[Tue Jul 21 22:53:20 2009] : DM: Elora?
[Tue Jul 21 22:53:27 2009] : Helena: "That was weird"
[Tue Jul 21 22:54:00 2009] : Elora: Elora gets closer to the side of the boat and tries to strike #2
[Tue Jul 21 22:54:15 2009] : Elora: ooc I suppose I can't get to it unless I get up on the side of the boat?
[Tue Jul 21 22:54:40 2009] : DM: You can try and balance on the gunwale. Need a skill check.
[Tue Jul 21 22:54:48 2009] : Elora: ooc acrobatics?
[Tue Jul 21 22:54:59 2009] : Zotin: ooc dive off the side and attack as you sly past into the water :)
[Tue Jul 21 22:55:05 2009] : DM: ooc acrobatics.
[Tue Jul 21 22:55:09 2009] : Elora: ooc I'll drown!
[Tue Jul 21 22:55:40 2009] : Helena: ooc That would be unfortunate
[Tue Jul 21 22:55:42 2009] : Elora: ooc swim is athletics?
[Tue Jul 21 22:55:47 2009] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Jul 21 22:56:11 2009] : Elora: Elora tries to get up on the gunwale to reach the beast
[Tue Jul 21 22:56:13 2009] : DM: ooc the water is calm
[Tue Jul 21 22:56:15 2009] : Elora: Acrobatics: [1d20+0+1] => [1,0,1] = (2)
[Tue Jul 21 22:56:22 2009] : Elora: ooc ahem.
[Tue Jul 21 22:56:24 2009] : Zotin: ooc ouch
[Tue Jul 21 22:56:47 2009] : Elora: ooc /me suggest the DM's next line "and falls prone on her arse inside the boat"
[Tue Jul 21 22:56:50 2009] : Elora: ooc ;-)
[Tue Jul 21 22:56:50 2009] : DM: You clamber up but loose your balance and...
[Tue Jul 21 22:56:54 2009] : DM: [1d2] => [2] = (2)
[Tue Jul 21 22:57:31 2009] : DM: ...topple backwards into the boat, landing flat on your back.
[Tue Jul 21 22:57:39 2009] : Zotin: ooc \o/
[Tue Jul 21 22:57:41 2009] : Elora: ooc phew.
[Tue Jul 21 22:57:52 2009] : Elora: ooc I probably can swim well enough, but still
[Tue Jul 21 22:57:54 2009] : Elora: done.
[Tue Jul 21 22:58:30 2009] : DM: You stil have a standard and minor action left so you could get back on your feet.
[Tue Jul 21 22:58:38 2009] : Elora: ooc oh ok
[Tue Jul 21 22:58:51 2009] : Elora: Elora gets back on her feet, swearing
[Tue Jul 21 22:58:52 2009] : Elora: done.
[Tue Jul 21 22:58:57 2009] : DM: Barnabas?
[Tue Jul 21 22:59:09 2009] : Helena: "Are you alright?"
[Tue Jul 21 22:59:25 2009] : Barnabas: "Umm, not really. I assume that they're still there?"
[Tue Jul 21 22:59:51 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas stands defensively
[Tue Jul 21 22:59:53 2009] : Barnabas: Done
[Tue Jul 21 22:59:55 2009] : Barnabas: [1d20] => [18] = (18)
[Tue Jul 21 23:00:02 2009] : DM: Your mind clears.
[Tue Jul 21 23:00:31 2009] : Barnabas: ooc +2 to all defences until next turn
[Tue Jul 21 23:00:37 2009] : Clay Scout: It's Elora's turn to have her mind attacked.
[Tue Jul 21 23:00:39 2009] : Clay Scout: Mind Touch: [1d20 + 5] => [18,5] = (23) vs Ref. ===> [1d6 + 3] => [5,3] = (8) and dazed
[Tue Jul 21 23:01:18 2009] : Clay Scout: Your thoughts slow and you loose sight of the homunucli.
[Tue Jul 21 23:01:37 2009] : DM: Helena is attacked also
[Tue Jul 21 23:01:39 2009] : DM: Mind Touch: [1d20 + 5] => [9,5] = (14) vs Ref. ===> [1d6 + 3] => [3,3] = (6) and dazed
[Tue Jul 21 23:02:01 2009] : DM: But she shrugs off the attack unharmed and unaffected.
[Tue Jul 21 23:02:09 2009] : DM: Saving throw: [1d20] => [15] = (15)
[Tue Jul 21 23:02:32 2009] : Clay Scout: The acid stops eating away at the clay.
[Tue Jul 21 23:02:36 2009] : DM: Zotin?
[Tue Jul 21 23:02:42 2009] : Zotin: Zotin keeps attacking #1
[Tue Jul 21 23:02:45 2009] : Zotin: Magic Missile: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(12/2-5)+2/2] => [16,1,1] = (18) - Hit: [2d4+(18/2-5)] => [4,4,4] = (12) force damage.
[Tue Jul 21 23:03:04 2009] : Zotin: Done
[Tue Jul 21 23:03:14 2009] : DM: Zotin's attack blasts the creature from the air and it falls into the sea and sinks like a stone.
[Tue Jul 21 23:03:22 2009] : Zotin: ooc get in
[Tue Jul 21 23:03:48 2009] : DM: Helena?
[Tue Jul 21 23:04:11 2009] : Helena: Helena turns around and shoots at #2
[Tue Jul 21 23:04:18 2009] : Helena: Helena At Will Powers: Sly Flourish vs. AC Hand Crossbow Increased damage, Attack [1d20+8] => [4,8] = (12), Damage [1d6+8] => [6,8] = (14), Sneak Attack [2d8] => [3,4] = (7).
[Tue Jul 21 23:04:31 2009] : Helena: ooc And misses
[Tue Jul 21 23:04:35 2009] : Helena: Done
[Tue Jul 21 23:04:43 2009] : DM: A miss.
[Tue Jul 21 23:04:47 2009] : DM: Elora?
[Tue Jul 21 23:04:56 2009] : DM: Dazed means you only have one standard action.
[Tue Jul 21 23:07:24 2009] : Elora: ooc I don't see them though right?
[Tue Jul 21 23:07:38 2009] : DM: ooc yes
[Tue Jul 21 23:07:51 2009] : Elora: Elora just looks around helplessly
[Tue Jul 21 23:07:59 2009] : Elora: "Where are they?"
[Tue Jul 21 23:08:23 2009] : Elora: are they gone?
[Tue Jul 21 23:08:25 2009] : Zotin: "same place it was a second ago"
[Tue Jul 21 23:09:07 2009] : Elora: Elora decides that it would be dangerous to try and get on the gunwale again and just stays put, trying to shake of the slowness in her mind
[Tue Jul 21 23:09:10 2009] : Elora: Saving throw: [1d20] => [14] = (14)
[Tue Jul 21 23:09:20 2009] : DM: You recover your senses.
[Tue Jul 21 23:09:22 2009] : Elora: done.
[Tue Jul 21 23:09:28 2009] : DM: Barnabas?
[Tue Jul 21 23:09:51 2009] : Barnabas: Inspired Belligerence: (UP) Effect: All allies gain combat advantage against the target until my next turn.
Special: Inspiring Presence - Allies add Barnabas's Cha mod [2] => 2 to damage rolls vs. the target

[Tue Jul 21 23:10:20 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas drops his sword and grabs his sling
[Tue Jul 21 23:10:24 2009] : Barnabas: Ranged Basic Attack - Sling: [1d20+1+1+2] => [1,1,1,2] = (5) Damage: [1d8+3] => [2,3] = (5)
[Tue Jul 21 23:10:35 2009] : DM: Your stone goes wide.
[Tue Jul 21 23:10:40 2009] : Barnabas: Done
[Tue Jul 21 23:11:27 2009] : Clay Scout: The remaining scout looks at each in turn before deciding to attack Zotin.
[Tue Jul 21 23:11:30 2009] : Clay Scout: Mind Touch: [1d20 + 5] => [15,5] = (20) vs Ref. ===> [1d6 + 3] => [3,3] = (6) and dazed
[Tue Jul 21 23:11:50 2009] : DM: It flies a bit closer.
[Tue Jul 21 23:11:51 2009] : Helena: ooc Some good attacks there, DM
[Tue Jul 21 23:12:11 2009] : DM: Zotin? You're dazed.
[Tue Jul 21 23:12:25 2009] : Zotin: Zotin stumbles a little and looks around wildely
[Tue Jul 21 23:12:59 2009] : Zotin: "Where didi it go?
[Tue Jul 21 23:13:03 2009] : Zotin: "Where did it go?"
[Tue Jul 21 23:13:21 2009] : Barnabas: "It got you too?"
[Tue Jul 21 23:13:27 2009] : Barnabas: "It's still there"
[Tue Jul 21 23:13:43 2009] : Zotin: Zotin flings a magic missile at the approximate area
[Tue Jul 21 23:13:44 2009] : Zotin: Magic Missile: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(12/2-5)+2/2] => [13,1,1] = (15) - Hit: [2d4+(18/2-5)] => [3,4,4] = (11) force damage.
[Tue Jul 21 23:14:05 2009] : Zotin: Done
[Tue Jul 21 23:14:13 2009] : DM: Your missile zips through the air where the scout used to be, it strikes nothing.
[Tue Jul 21 23:14:29 2009] : DM: Saving throw
[Tue Jul 21 23:15:01 2009] : DM: ooc If you're under any sort of on going affect, a saving throw at the end of the round is always needed.
[Tue Jul 21 23:15:08 2009] : DM: ooc effect
[Tue Jul 21 23:15:45 2009] : Zotin: Saving Throw: [1d20] => [18] = (18)
[Tue Jul 21 23:15:50 2009] : DM: Undazed.
[Tue Jul 21 23:15:53 2009] : DM: Helena?
[Tue Jul 21 23:16:22 2009] : Zotin: oco sorry. I'd got it into my head that it was still the creatures turn for some reason
[Tue Jul 21 23:16:34 2009] : Helena: Helena moves to get in position for her shot, aims and lets fly
[Tue Jul 21 23:16:50 2009] : Helena: Helena At Will Powers: Sly Flourish vs. AC Hand Crossbow Increased damage, Attack [1d20+8] => [15,8] = (23), Damage [1d6+8] => [5,8] = (13), Sneak Attack [2d8] => [8,4] = (12).
[Tue Jul 21 23:17:16 2009] : Helena: Done
[Tue Jul 21 23:17:17 2009] : DM: A good hit, catching the creature by surprise.
[Tue Jul 21 23:17:50 2009] : DM: And killing it outright. It too sinks like a stone.
[Tue Jul 21 23:18:13 2009] : Zotin: "Nice shot"
[Tue Jul 21 23:18:24 2009] : Zotin: "I feel much better with those things gone"
[Tue Jul 21 23:18:50 2009] : Helena: "I still wonder if we should have attacked in the first place, myself"
[Tue Jul 21 23:19:11 2009] : Barnabas: ooc are constructs still immune to crits?
[Tue Jul 21 23:19:14 2009] : DM: ooc +8 seems a little high on the damage bonus. What's your dex and cha?
[Tue Jul 21 23:19:26 2009] : DM: ooc no.
[Tue Jul 21 23:19:50 2009] : Barnabas: ooc cool, so Helena just did 27 damage??
[Tue Jul 21 23:19:57 2009] : Helena: ooc Dex 20, Cha 16
[Tue Jul 21 23:20:18 2009] : Helena: ooc Not 27, this wasn't a sneak attack unfortunately
[Tue Jul 21 23:20:23 2009] : DM: ooc okay. You're just a very agile and sly person.
[Tue Jul 21 23:20:27 2009] : Barnabas: ooc yes it was
[Tue Jul 21 23:20:33 2009] : Elora: ooc héhé.
[Tue Jul 21 23:20:37 2009] : Helena: ooc Yes, I am
[Tue Jul 21 23:20:40 2009] : Barnabas: Inspired Belligerence: (UP) Effect: All allies gain combat advantage against the target until my next turn.
Special: Inspiring Presence - Allies add Barnabas's Cha mod [2] => 2 to damage rolls vs. the target

[Tue Jul 21 23:20:44 2009] : Helena: ooc Why was it?
[Tue Jul 21 23:20:59 2009] : Helena: ooc I see (and didn't see it before) :)
[Tue Jul 21 23:21:01 2009] : DM: ooc I did include the sneak and extra damage.
[Tue Jul 21 23:21:28 2009] : Elora: "Dammit, I knew that a boat was not a good battlefield"
[Tue Jul 21 23:21:36 2009] : Elora: "I'm useless on a boat"
[Tue Jul 21 23:21:37 2009] : Barnabas: ooc So even though I was shite, I at least achieved something
[Tue Jul 21 23:21:41 2009] : Helena: ooc Craig asked me about my damage the other night as well :)
[Tue Jul 21 23:21:47 2009] : Zotin: ooc :)
[Tue Jul 21 23:21:53 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas picks up his sword
[Tue Jul 21 23:22:07 2009] : DM: ooc 62 XP each
[Tue Jul 21 23:22:13 2009] : Helena: ooc (Why do I feel watched all the time?)
[Tue Jul 21 23:22:28 2009] : Barnabas: "It certainly wasn't the easiest battle I've had"
[Tue Jul 21 23:22:56 2009] : Barnabas: ooc I watch everyone - mwahahahahaha
[Tue Jul 21 23:23:08 2009] : Helena: ooc KMAO
[Tue Jul 21 23:23:11 2009] : Zotin: "I dread to think what would've happened if they'd blinded us all"
[Tue Jul 21 23:23:34 2009] : Barnabas: "We'd just have been convinced that they'd gone"
[Tue Jul 21 23:23:51 2009] : Helena: "I don't like the control they could take over our mind, that is way scary"
[Tue Jul 21 23:23:53 2009] : Barnabas: "Then they come and eat your brains when you least expect it"
[Tue Jul 21 23:24:10 2009] : Helena: "Eeew"
[Tue Jul 21 23:24:23 2009] : Zotin: "Not a way I want to go"
[Tue Jul 21 23:25:06 2009] : Barnabas: "Just kidding"
[Tue Jul 21 23:25:12 2009] : Elora: "nice"
[Tue Jul 21 23:25:16 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas winks
[Tue Jul 21 23:25:25 2009] : Elora: "Well, I say we take some time to recover and sail along"
[Tue Jul 21 23:25:26 2009] : DM: ooc constructs don't need to eat.
[Tue Jul 21 23:25:32 2009] : Elora: "I wouldn't want to enew this"
[Tue Jul 21 23:25:32 2009] : Barnabas: "They go for the genitals first"
[Tue Jul 21 23:25:36 2009] : Elora: *renew
[Tue Jul 21 23:25:45 2009] : Helena: "Not laughing here" Helena grins
[Tue Jul 21 23:25:46 2009] : Elora: ooc /me thinks Craig is drunk :P
[Tue Jul 21 23:26:09 2009] : Helena: ooc But he never drinks ever!
[Tue Jul 21 23:26:24 2009] : Barnabas: "If you guys steer for 10 minutes I can help us all heal up"
[Tue Jul 21 23:26:30 2009] : Barnabas: Inspiring Word: (EP; minor) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6+3] => [6,3] = (9) HP (on top of their surge value)
[Tue Jul 21 23:26:38 2009] : Barnabas: Inspiring Word: (EP; minor) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6+3] => [1,3] = (4) HP (on top of their surge value)
[Tue Jul 21 23:26:40 2009] : Barnabas: Inspiring Word: (EP; minor) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6+3] => [6,3] = (9) HP (on top of their surge value)
[Tue Jul 21 23:26:42 2009] : Barnabas: Inspiring Word: (EP; minor) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [1d6+3] => [4,3] = (7) HP (on top of their surge value)
[Tue Jul 21 23:26:55 2009] : Barnabas: ooc should put everyone back on full
[Tue Jul 21 23:27:15 2009] : Elora: ooc why 4 times?
[Tue Jul 21 23:27:30 2009] : Barnabas: once for each of us
[Tue Jul 21 23:27:41 2009] : DM: You sail uneventfully for another hour until you near the closest island, it's heavily forested and you see a small cove with a narrow path leading into the trees.
[Tue Jul 21 23:27:45 2009] : Elora: ooc it's an encounter power
[Tue Jul 21 23:27:45 2009] : DM: GAME END