Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / On the Great River II - 30 June 2009

[Tue Jun 30 19:50:28 2009] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Jun 30 19:51:18 2009] : DM: You're in the woods having followed a kobold trail paralleling the road. Up ahead, Helena as scouted out a group of four kobolds at a small supply camp.
[Tue Jun 30 19:51:39 2009] : DM: They're alert but aren't aware of you.
[Tue Jun 30 19:52:29 2009] : Elora has sent you a tree node...
[Tue Jun 30 19:53:08 2009] : DM: What next?
[Tue Jun 30 19:53:26 2009] : Helena: "So, we're attacking them?"
[Tue Jun 30 19:53:39 2009] : Elora: "Yeah, that would be my take"
[Tue Jun 30 19:53:51 2009] : Zotin: "Ok"
[Tue Jun 30 19:54:43 2009] : Barnabas: "Yes, they are a threat to the local people"
[Tue Jun 30 19:54:48 2009] : DM: Roll initiative then.
[Tue Jun 30 19:55:00 2009] : Zotin: Initiative
[Tue Jun 30 19:55:02 2009] : Zotin: Initiative: [1d20 + 2/2 + (16/2-5) + 4] => [15,1,3,4] = (23)
[Tue Jun 30 19:55:28 2009] : Kobold Dragonshield: Initiative: [1d20 + 2/2 + 1] => [15,1,1] = (17)
[Tue Jun 30 19:55:29 2009] : Kobold Dragonshield: Initiative: [1d20 + 2/2 + 1] => [15,1,1] = (17)
[Tue Jun 30 19:55:34 2009] : Kobold Dragonshield: Initiative: [1d20 + 1/2 + 3] => [15,0,3] = (18)
[Tue Jun 30 19:55:37 2009] : Elora: Initiative
[Tue Jun 30 19:55:51 2009] : Kobold Skirmisher: Initiative: [1d20 + 1/2 + 3] => [3,0,3] = (6)
[Tue Jun 30 19:55:52 2009] : Elora: rah
[Tue Jun 30 19:55:56 2009] : Helena: Initiative [1d20+6] => [12,6] = (18)
[Tue Jun 30 19:55:59 2009] : Zotin: ooc double click. Send to chat doesn't work
[Tue Jun 30 19:56:51 2009] : Kobold Skirmisher: ooc or right click -> Use
[Tue Jun 30 19:57:01 2009] : Barnabas: Initiative: [1d20 + 2/2 + 13/2-5 + 2] => [6,1,6,-5,2] = (10) - Includes +2 for Combat Leader
[Tue Jun 30 19:58:00 2009] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (6) Helena...
[Tue Jun 30 19:58:21 2009] : Elora: [1d20+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Tue Jun 30 19:58:34 2009] : Elora: ooc and this closes the vote of the French jury
[Tue Jun 30 19:58:38 2009] : Helena: ooc Throw away those dice now!
[Tue Jun 30 19:59:43 2009] : DM: Zotin?
[Tue Jun 30 19:59:48 2009] : Zotin: ooc which one looks the biggest?
[Tue Jun 30 19:59:49 2009] : Barnabas: ooc I did tell you all to add in the +2 to your Initiative like mine. You'll invariably start an battle within 5 squares of me
[Tue Jun 30 20:00:03 2009] : Zotin: ooc forgot about that
[Tue Jun 30 20:00:41 2009] : Barnabas: ooc and it's within 10 squares, not 5
[Tue Jun 30 20:00:55 2009] : DM: ooc It doesn't affect the order this time.
[Tue Jun 30 20:01:23 2009] : DM: ooc the green blobs are bushes which provide concealment and cover.
[Tue Jun 30 20:02:19 2009] : Zotin: Whispering: "Shall I attack now or do you want to get closer?"
[Tue Jun 30 20:03:32 2009] : Helena: Whispering: "Let's just take them out as soon as possible"
[Tue Jun 30 20:03:35 2009] : Barnabas: *whisper* "Now is fine by me"
[Tue Jun 30 20:04:05 2009] : Zotin: ooc which one looks the most dangerous?
[Tue Jun 30 20:04:32 2009] : DM: ooc neither look particularly dangerous. There's no obvious leader.
[Tue Jun 30 20:04:44 2009] : Elora: whisper "Let us just go"
[Tue Jun 30 20:04:51 2009] : DM: Two carry swords and shields (#1 and #2) and two carry spears.
[Tue Jun 30 20:04:52 2009] : Zotin: Zotin aims at the closest
[Tue Jun 30 20:05:02 2009] : Zotin: Acid Arrow
[Tue Jun 30 20:05:03 2009] : Zotin: Acid Arrow: (DP) Ranged 20:
Primary Attack: To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(14/2-5)+2/2] => [6,2,1] = (9) - Hit: [2d8+(14/2-5)] => [5,5,2] = (12) Acid damage. Ongoing 5.

Secondary Attack (each adjacent to Primary if hit): To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(14/2-5)+2/2] => [19,2,1] = (22) - Hit: [1d8+(14/2-5)] => [8,2] = (10) Acid damage. Ongoing 5.

Miss: Half damage. No secondary attack

[Tue Jun 30 20:05:03 2009] : DM: You need line of sight.
[Tue Jun 30 20:05:16 2009] : Zotin: ooc ah
[Tue Jun 30 20:05:39 2009] : Barnabas: ooc you could skirt the bush
[Tue Jun 30 20:06:06 2009] : Zotin: ooc could I move there and attack?
[Tue Jun 30 20:06:21 2009] : Zotin: ooc its a miss anyway
[Tue Jun 30 20:06:44 2009] : Barnabas: ooc still half damage
[Tue Jun 30 20:07:35 2009] : Zotin: ooc this is another node with its own abilities listed, It should actually be 11 to hit
[Tue Jun 30 20:07:43 2009] : DM: A green, dripping arrow streaks towards the kobold and splashes against the ground near its feet. It avoids most of the acid.
[Tue Jun 30 20:08:14 2009] : DM: Helena?
[Tue Jun 30 20:08:39 2009] : Helena: Helena moves forward and shoots at #4
[Tue Jun 30 20:08:52 2009] : Helena: Helena Features: First Strike At encounter start, get combat advantage against foes that haven't acted yet.
[Tue Jun 30 20:09:05 2009] : Helena: Helena At Will Powers: Sly Flourish vs. AC Hand Crossbow Increased damage, Attack [1d20+8] => [17,8] = (25), Damage [1d6+8] => [2,8] = (10), Sneak Attack [2d8] => [3,1] = (4).
[Tue Jun 30 20:09:15 2009] : Helena: Done
[Tue Jun 30 20:09:34 2009] : Helena: ooc Not a lot of Sneak Attack damage, alas
[Tue Jun 30 20:10:01 2009] : DM: Helena's quarrel catches the kobold unawares.
[Tue Jun 30 20:10:32 2009] : Kobold Skirmisher: The kobolds start to advance on Helena
[Tue Jun 30 20:10:34 2009] : Helena: ooc Is a quarrel another term for crossbow bolt?
[Tue Jun 30 20:11:26 2009] : Barnabas: ooc yes
[Tue Jun 30 20:11:34 2009] : Helena: ooc OK, ty :)
[Tue Jun 30 20:12:10 2009] : DM: Barbabas?
[Tue Jun 30 20:13:11 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas shoots at #3
[Tue Jun 30 20:13:29 2009] : Barnabas: Ranged Basic Attack - Sling: [1d20 + 13/2-5 + 2/2 + 2] => [17,6,-5,1,2] = (21) Damage: [1d8 + 16/2-5] => [1,8,-5] = (4)
[Tue Jun 30 20:13:48 2009] : DM: *plink*
[Tue Jun 30 20:14:15 2009] : Barnabas: Holding onto his sling in his offhand, he draws his sword and moves forwards
[Tue Jun 30 20:14:25 2009] : Barnabas: Done
[Tue Jun 30 20:14:53 2009] : Kobold Skirmisher: The kobold advances
[Tue Jun 30 20:15:18 2009] : DM: Elora?
[Tue Jun 30 20:15:31 2009] : Elora: Elora runs to the battlefield, her axe above her head
[Tue Jun 30 20:15:44 2009] : Elora: In her run, she goes to strike
[Tue Jun 30 20:15:57 2009] : Elora: ooc number 3
[Tue Jun 30 20:16:21 2009] : Elora: Reaping Strike: (AWP) - Greataxe: [1d20+7+1] => [14,7,1] = (22) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6] => [2,6] = (8) - Miss: Half Strength modifier damage. If you're wielding a two-handed weapon, you deal damage equal to your Strength modifier [4] => 4
[Tue Jun 30 20:16:28 2009] : Elora: ooc -5 to attack
[Tue Jun 30 20:16:33 2009] : Elora: ooc due to the run
[Tue Jun 30 20:16:49 2009] : DM: ooc someone's been reading the rule book :)
[Tue Jun 30 20:17:04 2009] : Elora: ooc yep :D
[Tue Jun 30 20:17:04 2009] : Helena: ooc LOL You'd think so
[Tue Jun 30 20:17:07 2009] : Barnabas: ooc brb
[Tue Jun 30 20:17:21 2009] : Elora: ooc granting combat advantage too :P
[Tue Jun 30 20:17:29 2009] : DM: Your axe chops into the kobolds shoulder.
[Tue Jun 30 20:17:36 2009] : Elora: ooc well, that's the thing about having a lame initiative roll, you've got time to think ;-)
[Tue Jun 30 20:17:41 2009] : Zotin: ooc lol
[Tue Jun 30 20:18:12 2009] : DM: ooc remember to say "done", it speeds up combat.
[Tue Jun 30 20:18:51 2009] : Elora: ooc sorry
[Tue Jun 30 20:18:52 2009] : Elora: done
[Tue Jun 30 20:19:00 2009] : DM: Zotin?
[Tue Jun 30 20:19:34 2009] : Zotin: Zotin backs up a little and conjures a Flaming Sphere as if from nowhere, placing it between and below 1 & 2 and attacking #1
[Tue Jun 30 20:19:44 2009] : Zotin: Flaming Sphere: (DP) Ranged 10 - To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(14/2-5)+2/2] => [2,2,1] = (5) - Hit: [2d6+(14/2-5)] => [4,4,2] = (10) fire damage.
[Tue Jun 30 20:20:08 2009] : Zotin: Done
[Tue Jun 30 20:20:13 2009] : DM: The kobold dodges the sphere.
[Tue Jun 30 20:20:18 2009] : DM: Helena?
[Tue Jun 30 20:20:22 2009] : Helena: ooc 14/2-5?
[Tue Jun 30 20:20:46 2009] : Zotin: ooc yeah, I'm still not sure where its getting 14 from. Makes no real diff this time anyway
[Tue Jun 30 20:20:48 2009] : Helena: Helena drops her bow and attackes #1 with her sword
[Tue Jun 30 20:21:03 2009] : Helena: Helena At Will Powers: Piercing Strike vs. Reflex Short Sword Attack [1d20+9] => [11,9] = (20), Damage [1d6+5] => [4,5] = (9), Sneak Attack [2d8] => [3,6] = (9)
[Tue Jun 30 20:21:04 2009] : DM: ooc you probably have some nodes with abilities scores when they shouldn't.
[Tue Jun 30 20:21:16 2009] : Zotin: ooc yeah, I keep finding them :)
[Tue Jun 30 20:21:22 2009] : Helena: And done
[Tue Jun 30 20:21:40 2009] : Barnabas: ooc no sneak presumably?
[Tue Jun 30 20:21:41 2009] : DM: Helena stabs.
[Tue Jun 30 20:21:48 2009] : DM: ooc no sneak
[Tue Jun 30 20:21:49 2009] : Helena: ooc Not now
[Tue Jun 30 20:22:02 2009] : Zotin: ooc anything adjacent to the sphere (ie 1&2) take 1d4 + 4 dmg at the start of their turn
[Tue Jun 30 20:22:07 2009] : Barnabas: ooc have to see if we can change that ;-)
[Tue Jun 30 20:22:10 2009] : Helena: ooc Still, 9 damage isn't bad
[Tue Jun 30 20:22:21 2009] : Kobold Skirmisher: A kobold ducks under Elora's axe and stabs Helena.
[Tue Jun 30 20:22:26 2009] : Kobold Skirmisher: Spear: [1d20 + 6] => [3,6] = (9) (+1 per kobold adjacent to target) vs AC ===> [1d8] => [7] = (7) (+[1d6] => [3] = (3) with combat advantage)
[Tue Jun 30 20:22:55 2009] : Kobold Dragonshield: Two more kobolds also move and attack
[Tue Jun 30 20:23:05 2009] : Kobold Dragonshield: Short Sword: [1d20 + 7] => [11,7] = (18) (+1 per kobold adjacent to target) vs AC ===> [1d6+3] => [1,3] = (4) (target is marked)
[Tue Jun 30 20:23:05 2009] : Kobold Dragonshield: Short Sword: [1d20 + 7] => [6,7] = (13) (+1 per kobold adjacent to target) vs AC ===> [1d6+3] => [1,3] = (4) (target is marked)
[Tue Jun 30 20:23:07 2009] : Helena: ooc They're all out to get me, wah!
[Tue Jun 30 20:23:41 2009] : Kobold Dragonshield: One stabs you in the leg.
[Tue Jun 30 20:24:04 2009] : DM: Barnabas.
[Tue Jun 30 20:24:27 2009] : DM: ooc I would recommend using the power which hinders shifting since kobolds are shifty.
[Tue Jun 30 20:25:05 2009] : Barnabas: Wolf Pack Tactics: Initial: 1 ally adjacent to me or the target can shift one square as a free action.
To-hit vs. AC [1d20+ 16/2 -5 + 3] => [17,8,-5,3] = (23) - Hit: [1d8 + 16/2 -5] => [6,8,-5] = (9) damage

[Tue Jun 30 20:25:06 2009] : Zotin: ooc DM did you do the damage to 1&2?
[Tue Jun 30 20:25:35 2009] : Barnabas: ooc attacking the one to the right of Helena... Helena, care to swap places with him first?
[Tue Jun 30 20:25:37 2009] : DM: ooc [1d4+4] => [2,4] = (6), [1d4+4] => [3,4] = (7)
[Tue Jun 30 20:25:48 2009] : Zotin: ooc ty :)
[Tue Jun 30 20:26:09 2009] : DM: Barnabas slashes and draws blood.
[Tue Jun 30 20:26:16 2009] : Barnabas: ooc Helena??
[Tue Jun 30 20:26:19 2009] : Helena: Sure
[Tue Jun 30 20:26:25 2009] : DM: ooc which one, Barnabas?
[Tue Jun 30 20:26:37 2009] : Barnabas: ooc the one to the right of her
[Tue Jun 30 20:26:47 2009] : Helena: ooc Now on my left
[Tue Jun 30 20:26:54 2009] : Barnabas: Done
[Tue Jun 30 20:27:42 2009] : Kobold Skirmisher: A kobold stabs at Elora with its spear
[Tue Jun 30 20:27:49 2009] : Kobold Skirmisher: Spear: [1d20 + 6] => [12,6] = (18) (+1 per kobold adjacent to target) vs AC ===> [1d8] => [6] = (6) (+[1d6] => [4] = (4) with combat advantage)
[Tue Jun 30 20:27:52 2009] : Elora: "Aïe"
[Tue Jun 30 20:27:55 2009] : Barnabas: ooc now Helena can flank :-D
[Tue Jun 30 20:28:12 2009] : Kobold Skirmisher: 4 damage
[Tue Jun 30 20:28:18 2009] : DM: Elora?
[Tue Jun 30 20:29:37 2009] : Elora: "Elora, angered by the blow the kobold managed to get through, heaves her axe and strikes
[Tue Jun 30 20:29:43 2009] : Elora: Reaping Strike: (AWP) - Greataxe: [1d20+7+1] => [6,7,1] = (14) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6] => [2,6] = (8) - Miss: Half Strength modifier damage. If you're wielding a two-handed weapon, you deal damage equal to your Strength modifier [4] => 4
[Tue Jun 30 20:29:58 2009] : Elora: ooc 4 damage if it misses
[Tue Jun 30 20:29:59 2009] : Elora: done.
[Tue Jun 30 20:30:18 2009] : Zotin: ooc we need miniatures with our initials inside the discs
[Tue Jun 30 20:30:18 2009] : Elora: ooc ah wait
[Tue Jun 30 20:30:32 2009] : Elora: ooc dammit, I just realised tehre is no kobold near me
[Tue Jun 30 20:30:43 2009] : Elora: ooc yeah, can we please lose the names and keep the colors
[Tue Jun 30 20:30:44 2009] : Zotin: ooc yes there is. #4
[Tue Jun 30 20:30:45 2009] : Barnabas: ooc there is
[Tue Jun 30 20:30:47 2009] : DM: ooc yes. The labels are getting to be a nuisance.
[Tue Jun 30 20:30:47 2009] : Elora: ooc we know who is who
[Tue Jun 30 20:30:57 2009] : Barnabas: ooc there are 2 you could attack
[Tue Jun 30 20:31:02 2009] : Helena: ooc I totally agree
[Tue Jun 30 20:31:25 2009] : Barnabas: ooc we can lose them on our own minis
[Tue Jun 30 20:31:29 2009] : DM: ooc I assumed you attack #4 since that's who attacked you.
[Tue Jun 30 20:31:40 2009] : Elora: ooc I hadn't refreshe the map
[Tue Jun 30 20:31:43 2009] : DM: Zotin?
[Tue Jun 30 20:31:52 2009] : Elora: ooc I would have dont cleave if I had seen towo
[Tue Jun 30 20:31:59 2009] : Elora: ooc two.
[Tue Jun 30 20:32:11 2009] : Elora: ooc never mind
[Tue Jun 30 20:32:16 2009] : Zotin: Zotin aims for the Kobold to the 'north' of #4
[Tue Jun 30 20:32:34 2009] : Zotin: Force Orb: (EP) Ranged 20:
Primary Attack: To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(14/2-5)+2/2] => [12,2,1] = (15) - Hit: [2d8+(14/2-5)] => [1,5,2] = (8) Force damage.

Secondary Attack (Each enemy adjacent to Primary): To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(14/2-5)+2/2] => [15,2,1] = (18) - Hit: [1d10+(14/2-5)] => [8,2] = (10) Force damage.

[Tue Jun 30 20:32:52 2009] : Zotin: ooc that should be +2 to each hit
[Tue Jun 30 20:33:22 2009] : Zotin: ooc plus another 2 secondary attacks for the other adjacent kobolds
[Tue Jun 30 20:33:27 2009] : Zotin: Force Orb: (EP) Ranged 20:
Primary Attack: To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(14/2-5)+2/2] => [13,2,1] = (16) - Hit: [2d8+(14/2-5)] => [7,6,2] = (15) Force damage.

Secondary Attack (Each enemy adjacent to Primary): To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(14/2-5)+2/2] => [6,2,1] = (9) - Hit: [1d10+(14/2-5)] => [2,2] = (4) Force damage.

[Tue Jun 30 20:33:28 2009] : Zotin: Force Orb: (EP) Ranged 20:
Primary Attack: To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(14/2-5)+2/2] => [13,2,1] = (16) - Hit: [2d8+(14/2-5)] => [3,2,2] = (7) Force damage.

Secondary Attack (Each enemy adjacent to Primary): To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(14/2-5)+2/2] => [6,2,1] = (9) - Hit: [1d10+(14/2-5)] => [10,2] = (12) Force damage.

[Tue Jun 30 20:33:35 2009] : DM: A kobold is knocked back by the force orb and dies.
[Tue Jun 30 20:33:39 2009] : Zotin: ooc again, an extra 2 on each hit
[Tue Jun 30 20:34:21 2009] : Zotin: Move the orb
[Tue Jun 30 20:34:27 2009] : DM: A second a smashed to the ground and also dies.
[Tue Jun 30 20:34:28 2009] : Zotin: down beside #4
[Tue Jun 30 20:34:43 2009] : Zotin: sorry, move the sphere
[Tue Jun 30 20:35:06 2009] : Elora: ooc I'm logging out and in again brb
[Tue Jun 30 20:35:17 2009] : DM: #3 and #4 are dead.
[Tue Jun 30 20:35:26 2009] : Elora: Disconnecting from server...
[Tue Jun 30 20:35:26 2009] : Elora (exit): 20:35
[Tue Jun 30 20:35:36 2009] : Elora (enter): 20:35
[Tue Jun 30 20:35:52 2009] : Zotin: ooc could you move it 4 squares to the left please?
[Tue Jun 30 20:36:12 2009] : Zotin: oco thank you
[Tue Jun 30 20:36:13 2009] : Zotin: done
[Tue Jun 30 20:36:19 2009] : DM: Helena?
[Tue Jun 30 20:37:18 2009] : Barnabas: ooc he killed the one you could sneak attack! ;-)
[Tue Jun 30 20:37:33 2009] : Zotin: ooc sorry. I'll try harder next time
[Tue Jun 30 20:38:07 2009] : Helena: Helena attacks the kobold to the left of her
[Tue Jun 30 20:38:13 2009] : Helena: Helena At Will Powers: Piercing Strike vs. Reflex Short Sword Attack [1d20+9] => [7,9] = (16), Damage [1d6+5] => [6,5] = (11), Sneak Attack [2d8] => [7,5] = (12)
[Tue Jun 30 20:38:28 2009] : Helena: And done
[Tue Jun 30 20:38:55 2009] : Helena: ooc Just don't come between me and my sneak attack victims ever again! ;)
[Tue Jun 30 20:39:32 2009] : DM: Helena deftly slides her short sword through the kobolds ribs and kills it.
[Tue Jun 30 20:40:10 2009] : Kobold Dragonshield: The remaining kobold starts backing up while stabbing at Helena
[Tue Jun 30 20:40:18 2009] : Kobold Dragonshield: Short Sword: [1d20 + 7] => [8,7] = (15) (+1 per kobold adjacent to target) vs AC ===> [1d6+3] => [5,3] = (8) (target is marked)
[Tue Jun 30 20:40:21 2009] : Helena: ooc Hmm, I love your wording
[Tue Jun 30 20:40:33 2009] : DM: Barnabas?
[Tue Jun 30 20:41:09 2009] : Barnabas: "He's not getting away"
[Tue Jun 30 20:41:17 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas closes in
[Tue Jun 30 20:41:32 2009] : Barnabas: Wolf Pack Tactics: (AWP) Initial: 1 ally adjacent to me or the target can shift one square as a free action.
To-hit vs. AC [1d20+ 16/2 -5 + 3] => [17,8,-5,3] = (23) - Hit: [1d8 + 16/2 -5] => [6,8,-5] = (9) damage

[Tue Jun 30 20:41:51 2009] : Barnabas: ooc Helena? Care to swap again?
[Tue Jun 30 20:41:54 2009] : Barnabas: Done
[Tue Jun 30 20:41:58 2009] : Helena: ooc Yep
[Tue Jun 30 20:42:18 2009] : Barnabas: ooc damn
[Tue Jun 30 20:42:23 2009] : Barnabas: ooc that's wrong
[Tue Jun 30 20:42:29 2009] : Barnabas: wrong power!
[Tue Jun 30 20:42:32 2009] : Helena: ooc Umm, was this really what you had in mind?
[Tue Jun 30 20:42:54 2009] : Barnabas: Viper's Strike: (AWP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+7] => [10,7] = (17) - Hit: [1d8+3] => [5,3] = (8) damage
Effect: If the target shifts before my next turn, it provokes an OA from an ally of my choice.

[Tue Jun 30 20:43:03 2009] : Barnabas: ooc that instead
[Tue Jun 30 20:43:30 2009] : Barnabas: ooc my swap power is an encounter one that does more damage - I used it last time and it's done
[Tue Jun 30 20:43:37 2009] : Barnabas: Done
[Tue Jun 30 20:44:04 2009] : DM: Barnabas slashes with a series of confusing strikes.
[Tue Jun 30 20:44:10 2009] : DM: Elora?
[Tue Jun 30 20:44:18 2009] : Barnabas: ooc confused myself
[Tue Jun 30 20:44:22 2009] : Elora: Elora moves expertly to fill the place where the kobold was and swings her axe
[Tue Jun 30 20:44:32 2009] : Elora: Reaping Strike: (AWP) - Greataxe: [1d20+7+1] => [14,7,1] = (22) vs AC - Damage:[1d12+6] => [9,6] = (15) - Miss: Half Strength modifier damage. If you're wielding a two-handed weapon, you deal damage equal to your Strength modifier [4] => 4
[Tue Jun 30 20:44:43 2009] : Elora: done.
[Tue Jun 30 20:45:19 2009] : DM: The kobold doesn't stand a chance, your axe smashes arms and rips and the kobold dies instantly from shock and massive blood loss.
[Tue Jun 30 20:45:45 2009] : DM: 112 XP each.
[Tue Jun 30 20:46:24 2009] : Barnabas: "How badly damaged is everyone?"
[Tue Jun 30 20:46:45 2009] : Elora: "I'm fine really, I can tend to myself"
[Tue Jun 30 20:46:48 2009] : Barnabas: ooc 1762 total XP?
[Tue Jun 30 20:47:00 2009] : Elora: Elora quickly tends to her small wound
[Tue Jun 30 20:47:00 2009] : Helena: I'm wounded, but not too badly
[Tue Jun 30 20:47:01 2009] : Zotin: ooc I've just realised I haven't been tracking XP
[Tue Jun 30 20:47:04 2009] : Helena: ooc 8 down
[Tue Jun 30 20:47:16 2009] : Zotin: ooc They didn't even get close to me
[Tue Jun 30 20:47:18 2009] : Elora: Healing surge: Thanks to some good fortune, Elora spends a healing surge and regains [9] => 9 HP.
[Tue Jun 30 20:47:20 2009] : Barnabas: Inspiring Word (minor): (EP) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional 1d6+3 HP (on top of their surge value)
[Tue Jun 30 20:47:22 2009] : Zotin: ooc that wasn't ooc
[Tue Jun 30 20:47:25 2009] : Zotin: "They didn't even get close to me"
[Tue Jun 30 20:47:33 2009] : Elora: HP & surges status: Healing Surges left: [12-3] => 9 - HP left:[37-0] => 37
[Tue Jun 30 20:48:02 2009] : Elora: ooc you haven't because we decided everyone would get the same xp
[Tue Jun 30 20:48:03 2009] : Helena: I've got it at 1762 xp
[Tue Jun 30 20:48:04 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas directs his attentions to Elora and Helena
[Tue Jun 30 20:48:11 2009] : Elora: ooc so all we need is one tracking it ;-)
[Tue Jun 30 20:48:38 2009] : Helena: LOL
[Tue Jun 30 20:48:39 2009] : Zotin: ooc yeah, but if everyone is relying on someone else to do it...
[Tue Jun 30 20:49:32 2009] : Helena: [1d6+3] => [5,3] = (8)
[Tue Jun 30 20:49:36 2009] : Helena: ooc That's me healed
[Tue Jun 30 20:49:37 2009] : Barnabas: "Let's take a short rest to get our breaths back"
[Tue Jun 30 20:49:58 2009] : Barnabas: ooc I figured your surge value would be less than 8HP
[Tue Jun 30 20:50:11 2009] : Barnabas: ooc so you only used one to get back all 8
[Tue Jun 30 20:50:25 2009] : Zotin: "Agreed. That was quite invigorating"
[Tue Jun 30 20:51:01 2009] : Elora: "So what were those kobolds doing here?"
[Tue Jun 30 20:51:04 2009] : Helena: ooc Surge value 6, so the rest was a bonus :)
[Tue Jun 30 20:51:20 2009] : Elora: Elora starts looking around the camp to see if she finds anything of value
[Tue Jun 30 20:51:25 2009] : Zotin: "Lets have a look around"
[Tue Jun 30 20:51:32 2009] : Helena: "Let's take a look at their so-called camp"
[Tue Jun 30 20:51:36 2009] : Barnabas: "Enjoying a camp fire"
[Tue Jun 30 20:51:46 2009] : Helena: Helena walks over and looks the the campsite
[Tue Jun 30 20:52:31 2009] : Zotin: ooc I want to test an attack:
[Tue Jun 30 20:52:34 2009] : Zotin: Flaming Sphere: (DP) Ranged 10 - To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(18/2-5)+2/2] => [18,4,1] = (23) - Hit: [2d6+(18/2-5)] => [6,1,4] = (11) fire damage.
[Tue Jun 30 20:52:42 2009] : Zotin: ooc thats better
[Tue Jun 30 20:52:44 2009] : DM: The supplies consist of barrels of nearly undrinkable beer, food you'd rather not investigate too closely and crates of spare spears and other weapons.
[Tue Jun 30 20:53:09 2009] : Elora: "Great, this is not going t bring us very far"
[Tue Jun 30 20:53:12 2009] : Elora: ooc what about the bodies
[Tue Jun 30 20:53:21 2009] : Elora: "Do they even have anything on them?"
[Tue Jun 30 20:53:29 2009] : DM: Hanging on a hook on one of the crates is a crude hunting horn.
[Tue Jun 30 20:53:31 2009] : Helena: "Anybody want a spear or two?"
[Tue Jun 30 20:53:42 2009] : DM: None of the items are worth anything.
[Tue Jun 30 20:53:51 2009] : Helena: Helena takes a closer look at the horn
[Tue Jun 30 20:54:10 2009] : Barnabas: "Perhaps a warning horn?"
[Tue Jun 30 20:54:20 2009] : Helena: ooc Anything out of the ordinary about it?
[Tue Jun 30 20:54:22 2009] : Zotin: "So why didn't they use it?"
[Tue Jun 30 20:54:23 2009] : Barnabas: "Maybe there are more of these things nearby?"
[Tue Jun 30 20:54:35 2009] : DM: Amongst the badly made crates and barrels is a small wooden box with reinforced corners and a lock.
[Tue Jun 30 20:54:41 2009] : Barnabas: "Too stupid? Too caught up in the action?"
[Tue Jun 30 20:55:11 2009] : Helena: "Too eager for a fight?"
[Tue Jun 30 20:56:07 2009] : Zotin: "From what I've heard of these creatures I suppose either is likely"
[Tue Jun 30 20:56:17 2009] : Helena: Helena, not seeinf anything out of the ordinary about the horn, saunters over to the wooden box and examines the lock
[Tue Jun 30 20:56:20 2009] : Helena: Thievery Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [8,13] = (21)
[Tue Jun 30 20:58:08 2009] : Zotin: Zotin gets the horn
[Tue Jun 30 20:58:16 2009] : Zotin: ooc :)
[Tue Jun 30 20:58:23 2009] : DM: A simple 3 lever lock. Easily picked with the right tools. The box itself is surprisingly heavy and makes a metallic rattle as you lift it.
[Tue Jun 30 20:59:10 2009] : Helena: Helena tinkers with the lock, using her thieves tools
[Tue Jun 30 20:59:13 2009] : Helena: Thievery Skill Check: [1d20+13] => [14,13] = (27)
[Tue Jun 30 20:59:18 2009] : DM: It clicks open.
[Tue Jun 30 20:59:31 2009] : Helena: "Let's see what we have here"
[Tue Jun 30 21:00:56 2009] : Helena: Helena opens the lid and peers into the box
[Tue Jun 30 21:01:07 2009] : DM: The box is contains many coins, both gold and silver.
[Tue Jun 30 21:01:09 2009] : Zotin: ooc BOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!
[Tue Jun 30 21:01:23 2009] : Zotin: ooc sorry
[Tue Jun 30 21:01:41 2009] : Helena: ooc LOL
[Tue Jun 30 21:01:43 2009] : DM: 30 gold pieces and 300 silver.
[Tue Jun 30 21:01:48 2009] : Elora: Elora peeps
[Tue Jun 30 21:02:03 2009] : Elora: "Eh, that's pretty good. Although I would have liked gems better"
[Tue Jun 30 21:02:04 2009] : Helena: "Not too bad for a days work"
[Tue Jun 30 21:02:25 2009] : Helena: "Maybe we can exchange the money for gems in town"
[Tue Jun 30 21:02:33 2009] : Zotin: "This will be useful if we ever reach town"
[Tue Jun 30 21:03:41 2009] : Barnabas: "I'd rather change the money for board and a bed for the night"
[Tue Jun 30 21:03:57 2009] : Elora: "Surely board and bed doesn't scost that much"
[Tue Jun 30 21:04:05 2009] : Elora: Elora winks
[Tue Jun 30 21:04:25 2009] : Barnabas: "Gems are a pretty pointless indulgence when compared to a hot bath, a hot meal and a nice soft bed"
[Tue Jun 30 21:04:33 2009] : Zotin: "Perhaps Barnabus is used to the finer things in life"
[Tue Jun 30 21:05:28 2009] : Helena: "But gems can BUY baths, meals and beds"
[Tue Jun 30 21:05:28 2009] : Barnabas: "hah, finer things indeed. , I'm not the one talking of gems. My needs are pretty basic in comparison"
[Tue Jun 30 21:05:55 2009] : Helena: "It's just that gems are easier to lug around than pieces of metal"
[Tue Jun 30 21:06:51 2009] : DM: The kobold tracks continue westwards.
[Tue Jun 30 21:07:18 2009] : DM: The kobold tracks continue eastwards
[Tue Jun 30 21:07:29 2009] : Zotin: "Shall we keep following them?"
[Tue Jun 30 21:07:33 2009] : Barnabas: "Well that's a fair point. Though I've never had enough of the former to need the latter"
[Tue Jun 30 21:07:53 2009] : DM: I don't really know which because according to the wiki the island has two eastern ends.
[Tue Jun 30 21:07:55 2009] : Barnabas: "Or, the other way around of course!"
[Tue Jun 30 21:08:00 2009] : Helena: "Perhaps circumstances are changing for you"
[Tue Jun 30 21:08:01 2009] : Barnabas: ooc LOL
[Tue Jun 30 21:08:07 2009] : Zotin: ooc lol
[Tue Jun 30 21:08:11 2009] : Helena: ooc LOL
[Tue Jun 30 21:08:27 2009] : Barnabas: ooc is it in a crescent shape with the two ends pointing east?
[Tue Jun 30 21:08:30 2009] : Zotin: ooc they were heading roughly the direction of the town from where we beached
[Tue Jun 30 21:09:37 2009] : DM: The tracks head WEST
[Tue Jun 30 21:09:55 2009] : Zotin: "Shall we keep following them?"
[Tue Jun 30 21:10:57 2009] : Barnabas: "Yes, I suspect there are more of these scaly buggers around here"
[Tue Jun 30 21:12:20 2009] : Zotin: "If everyone is ready?"
[Tue Jun 30 21:12:41 2009] : Helena: "I suggest we continue to go to town and not directly follow those tracks, unless they lead into the same direction"
[Tue Jun 30 21:13:20 2009] : DM: The road and tracks both head westwards to Kodyma.
[Tue Jun 30 21:13:21 2009] : Elora: "Sounds like a plan"
[Tue Jun 30 21:13:28 2009] : Barnabas: ooc provided we took a short rest, I'm ready
[Tue Jun 30 21:15:56 2009] : Helena: "Want to divide the money between us?"
[Tue Jun 30 21:16:29 2009] : Barnabas: "Sure"
[Tue Jun 30 21:16:50 2009] : DM: You head back to the rough road and continue onto Kodyma.
[Tue Jun 30 21:17:08 2009] : Barnabas: ooc 15gp each?
[Tue Jun 30 21:17:49 2009] : DM: Dusk is only a hour or so away when you finally leave the woodland and enter a flatter landscape of small fields and farmhouses.
[Tue Jun 30 21:18:16 2009] : DM: Kodyma's town walls and castle can be seen in the distance, about two hours away.
[Tue Jun 30 21:18:49 2009] : Barnabas: "I'd dearly like to reach town for a bed tonight"
[Tue Jun 30 21:19:02 2009] : Barnabas: ooc what time of year is it? Early or late dusk?
[Tue Jun 30 21:19:15 2009] : Barnabas: ooc ore are we (sub) tropical ;-)
[Tue Jun 30 21:19:47 2009] : Helena: ooc Yep, 15 gp in value
[Tue Jun 30 21:20:23 2009] : Helena: "Looks like it will be dark before we reach town"
[Tue Jun 30 21:20:57 2009] : DM: Late spring, into early summer. The climate here is warm in summer but cold in winter. The Great River tends to bring wetter and more unsettled weather.
[Tue Jun 30 21:21:02 2009] : Barnabas: ooc is it still 10 sp to a gp? Or am I falsely remembering that it's now 100 to 1?
[Tue Jun 30 21:21:25 2009] : Barnabas: ooc in which case we have 31.5gp between us
[Tue Jun 30 21:21:41 2009] : DM: ooc 10 sp = 1 gp
[Tue Jun 30 21:22:53 2009] : DM: What's the plan?
[Tue Jun 30 21:22:55 2009] : Helena: ooc 100 gp to 1 pp
[Tue Jun 30 21:23:00 2009] : Barnabas: ooc it's GP > PP
[Tue Jun 30 21:23:07 2009] : Zotin: ooc head to town for the night
[Tue Jun 30 21:23:08 2009] : Barnabas: ooc yeah
[Tue Jun 30 21:23:21 2009] : Helena: ooc Yep, go to town
[Tue Jun 30 21:24:39 2009] : DM: You head to the town and reach the gates after sundown. The gates are shut and a watchman leans over the parapet and calls out. "No admittance after dark! Come back in the morning!"
[Tue Jun 30 21:25:32 2009] : Elora: ooc brb
[Tue Jun 30 21:26:01 2009] : Helena: "That was bound to happen. After a long day of fighting kobolds and monsters we're not even allowed in town"
[Tue Jun 30 21:26:18 2009] : Barnabas: "We have coin"
[Tue Jun 30 21:26:47 2009] : Barnabas: "It would be a shame to be killed by Kobolds rather than spend it in this fine town"
[Tue Jun 30 21:26:54 2009] : Helena: Calling out: "Do you know kobolds are heading this way?"
[Tue Jun 30 21:27:17 2009] : DM: ooc need some sort of skill rolls here.
[Tue Jun 30 21:27:21 2009] : Barnabas: ooc that was to the gate keeper
[Tue Jun 30 21:27:27 2009] : Helena: "Minus the ones we killed of course"
[Tue Jun 30 21:27:35 2009] : Barnabas: Diplomacy: [1d20+8] => [18,8] = (26)
[Tue Jun 30 21:27:40 2009] : Helena: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+4] => [3,4] = (7)
[Tue Jun 30 21:27:55 2009] : Helena: ooc One great and one crappy roll
[Tue Jun 30 21:28:36 2009] : Zotin: Zotin mearly watches the watchman with a steely gaze
[Tue Jun 30 21:29:12 2009] : DM: "Well, I could use the extra coin... oh alright then. Wait a sec and I'll open it up."
[Tue Jun 30 21:29:29 2009] : Barnabas: ""Good choice that man"
[Tue Jun 30 21:29:57 2009] : DM: The small door the the gate creaks open and the watchman waves you inside.
[Tue Jun 30 21:30:18 2009] : Barnabas: "Barnabas presses a silver piece into his hand"
[Tue Jun 30 21:30:28 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas presses a silver piece into his hand
[Tue Jun 30 21:30:33 2009] : DM: "Thank you, sir."
[Tue Jun 30 21:30:49 2009] : Helena: ooc Bribing the DM now?
[Tue Jun 30 21:30:52 2009] : Barnabas: "There's another one if you can tell us of an inn with good beds"
[Tue Jun 30 21:30:52 2009] : Zotin: Zotin doubles the offering
[Tue Jun 30 21:31:13 2009] : Barnabas: "A welcoming inn mind"
[Tue Jun 30 21:31:25 2009] : Elora: ooc back
[Tue Jun 30 21:31:36 2009] : Helena: "And not expensive"
[Tue Jun 30 21:32:16 2009] : Barnabas: "Yes, we're not nobles, just honest folk looking for a good bed"
[Tue Jun 30 21:33:17 2009] : DM: There's a good inn on the market square. Mostly used be merchants.
[Tue Jun 30 21:34:25 2009] : Barnabas: "Sounds just the ticket"
[Tue Jun 30 21:34:36 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas pays a second coin
[Tue Jun 30 21:35:31 2009] : DM: It's called the Fire Mountain Inn after the islands main geographical feature.
[Tue Jun 30 21:36:08 2009] : Zotin: "Interesting name. I like it"
[Tue Jun 30 21:36:36 2009] : DM: inside is a clean, common room with a bar offering a wide selection of drinks.
[Tue Jun 30 21:37:03 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas enquires if rooms are available
[Tue Jun 30 21:37:11 2009] : Helena: Helena enters and looks for a nice, quiet table
[Tue Jun 30 21:37:23 2009] : DM: "New in town?", greats the Innkeeper.
[Tue Jun 30 21:37:55 2009] : DM: "Care to try our local speciality? A fine spirit."
[Tue Jun 30 21:38:51 2009] : Elora: "This sounds very good"
[Tue Jun 30 21:39:03 2009] : Zotin: "Why not
[Tue Jun 30 21:39:05 2009] : Zotin: "
[Tue Jun 30 21:39:49 2009] : Innkeeper Denys: The innkeeper pours the red coloured spirit into four small glasses.
[Tue Jun 30 21:40:05 2009] : Helena: "What's it made off?"
[Tue Jun 30 21:40:23 2009] : Barnabas: "In for a copper, in for a gold"
[Tue Jun 30 21:40:32 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas sinks it
[Tue Jun 30 21:40:41 2009] : Innkeeper Denys: The knowing smiles of the obvious locals are slightly disconcerting. Denys beams disarmingly at you. "Just try it!"
[Tue Jun 30 21:40:50 2009] : Barnabas: "Ahhh!"
[Tue Jun 30 21:41:06 2009] : Zotin: Zotin does likewise
[Tue Jun 30 21:41:06 2009] : Elora: Elora smells the spirit before gulping it down
[Tue Jun 30 21:41:17 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas tries to suppress the involuntary shudder as it goes down
[Tue Jun 30 21:41:25 2009] : Zotin: ooc I'm not sure of Eladrin reactions to alcohol
[Tue Jun 30 21:41:59 2009] : Barnabas: ooc you melt like in Wizard of Oz
[Tue Jun 30 21:42:02 2009] : Innkeeper Denys: Not only is it strong the drink is heavily spiced and sears your mouth and throat as it goes down.
[Tue Jun 30 21:42:24 2009] : Elora: Elora gulps it down
[Tue Jun 30 21:42:34 2009] : Barnabas: ooc ah, DM's been on the chili vodka in Revolution again ;-)
[Tue Jun 30 21:42:36 2009] : Innkeeper Denys: The innkeeper laughs good naturedly and pushes forwards some cool tankards of ale.
[Tue Jun 30 21:42:48 2009] : Helena: Helena just sips, very carefully
[Tue Jun 30 21:42:54 2009] : Elora: Constitution: [1d20 + 16/2-5 + 2/2] => [14,8,-5,1] = (18)
[Tue Jun 30 21:42:58 2009] : Zotin: Zotins eyes open wide as he reaches for the ale
[Tue Jun 30 21:43:17 2009] : Innkeeper Denys: "A rare drink seasoned with spices from the south."
[Tue Jun 30 21:43:19 2009] : Helena: "Not for me, thanks"
[Tue Jun 30 21:43:20 2009] : Elora: ooc COn or fortitude?
[Tue Jun 30 21:43:24 2009] : Elora: ooc ;-)
[Tue Jun 30 21:43:44 2009] : Barnabas: ooc fortitude is a value in 4e, not a save :-P
[Tue Jun 30 21:43:49 2009] : Elora: ooc /me wants to show she can take it.
[Tue Jun 30 21:43:58 2009] : Elora: ooc true :P
[Tue Jun 30 21:44:03 2009] : Elora: Defenses & Senses: [1d20+3] => [18,3] = (21)
[Tue Jun 30 21:44:11 2009] : Innkeeper Denys: Elora can handle it.
[Tue Jun 30 21:44:18 2009] : Zotin: Constitution: [1d20 + (11/2-5) + 2/2] => [3,0,1] = (4)
[Tue Jun 30 21:44:24 2009] : Innkeeper Denys: "So what brings you to this town?"
[Tue Jun 30 21:44:25 2009] : Elora: Fortitude: [10+1+4+2] => 17 - Cast-iron stomach +5 vs poison
[Tue Jun 30 21:44:30 2009] : Helena: Con check: [1d20+1] => [6,1] = (7)
[Tue Jun 30 21:44:41 2009] : Elora: "I'll take another glass of this drink"
[Tue Jun 30 21:44:44 2009] : Zotin: ooc Looks like Zotin is a shandy drinker
[Tue Jun 30 21:44:47 2009] : Elora: Elora winks
[Tue Jun 30 21:44:49 2009] : Helena: ooc A good thing I only sipped it
[Tue Jun 30 21:44:50 2009] : Innkeeper Denys: ooc you don't really need to roll to see if you get drunk.
[Tue Jun 30 21:45:00 2009] : Barnabas: ooc we only had one
[Tue Jun 30 21:45:11 2009] : Elora: "And then I'll take an ale"
[Tue Jun 30 21:45:19 2009] : Elora: "What brings us here?"
[Tue Jun 30 21:45:28 2009] : Elora: "We were following kobolds"
[Tue Jun 30 21:45:39 2009] : Elora: "Seems therea re more than should be around here"
[Tue Jun 30 21:46:03 2009] : Innkeeper Denys: "Kobolds you say? There has been some talk about increase raids these past few days."
[Tue Jun 30 21:46:03 2009] : Zotin: "I think that one is more than there should be"
[Tue Jun 30 21:46:42 2009] : Innkeeper Denys: "You should talk to some of the local farmers outside of town. They bear the brunt of any raids."
[Tue Jun 30 21:47:24 2009] : Innkeeper Denys: "That's why their farms are like mini fortresses, all strong walls and stout gates."
[Tue Jun 30 21:48:01 2009] : Zotin: "They must be tought people"
[Tue Jun 30 21:48:04 2009] : Elora: "I guess we can do that in the morning"
[Tue Jun 30 21:48:08 2009] : Helena: Helena gets an ale in front of her
[Tue Jun 30 21:48:08 2009] : Zotin: ooc * tough
[Tue Jun 30 21:48:49 2009] : Innkeeper Denys: "Just watch yourself out there. The last group of adventurers that passed through here didn't make it."
[Tue Jun 30 21:49:25 2009] : Zotin: "Do you happen to know where they were last seen?"
[Tue Jun 30 21:49:39 2009] : Innkeeper Denys: "I heard they were digging for treaure under the old church and they disturbed... something best left alone."
[Tue Jun 30 21:50:14 2009] : Zotin: ooc lol
[Tue Jun 30 21:50:26 2009] : Barnabas: ooc grins
[Tue Jun 30 21:50:43 2009] : Barnabas: ooc he heard wrong ;-P
[Tue Jun 30 21:51:05 2009] : Zotin: ooc they didn't all die
[Tue Jun 30 21:51:10 2009] : Barnabas: "Perhaps we should stick to kobolds then"
[Tue Jun 30 21:51:42 2009] : Zotin: "Perhaps you could be right"
[Tue Jun 30 21:51:55 2009] : Innkeeper Denys: "Aye, A sturdy stick is usually enough for the little blighters. Unless they're organized."
[Tue Jun 30 21:51:57 2009] : Helena: "Treasure?"
[Tue Jun 30 21:52:16 2009] : Innkeeper Denys: "That's only what I heard."
[Tue Jun 30 21:53:03 2009] : Zotin: "Yes, in organised numbers I beleive they would be quite a threat"
[Tue Jun 30 21:53:54 2009] : Innkeeper Denys: "The local priest had to call on his superiors from the main temple. A bunch of priests in their fancy gear showed up and cleared it out of what ever was there isn't any more."
[Tue Jun 30 21:53:56 2009] : Helena: "What kind of treasure?"
[Tue Jun 30 21:54:13 2009] : Helena: "Aww"
[Tue Jun 30 21:54:36 2009] : Elora: ooc it's like we never existed :/
[Tue Jun 30 21:54:40 2009] : Innkeeper Denys: "Priest Nazar wasn't happy about that let me tell you. Likes his independence he does."
[Tue Jun 30 21:56:04 2009] : Helena: "Then he should have made sure he took care of it himself"
[Tue Jun 30 21:56:13 2009] : Innkeeper Denys: "I reckon I've talked enough. I'll let you get on with your drinks."
[Tue Jun 30 21:56:24 2009] : Helena: ooc Killed heroes are soon forgotten
[Tue Jun 30 21:58:39 2009] : Zotin: Zotin finds an empty table
[Tue Jun 30 21:59:44 2009] : Helena: ooc I already went for one when we walked in
[Tue Jun 30 21:59:45 2009] : Innkeeper Denys: ooc Fenton, Murle, Julia and Ennil aren't forgotten. They're sorry story is being used as a cautonary tale.
[Tue Jun 30 21:59:59 2009] : Helena: ooc LOL
[Tue Jun 30 22:00:13 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas sits with Zotin
[Tue Jun 30 22:00:16 2009] : Innkeeper Denys: ooc their! rrrr.
[Tue Jun 30 22:00:46 2009] : DM: What's the plan now?
[Tue Jun 30 22:01:41 2009] : Zotin: ooc Zotin spots a small character with a fine hat who appears to be drowing his sorrows in drink
[Tue Jun 30 22:01:43 2009] : Helena: After a meal, a beer, a bath and a bed?
[Tue Jun 30 22:01:53 2009] : DM: Yes.
[Tue Jun 30 22:02:31 2009] : Helena: Going to the farmers to talk about the kobolds, I guess. Maybe some shopping as well
[Tue Jun 30 22:02:34 2009] : Zotin: Gather information regarding the Kobold attacks from townspeople and farmers
[Tue Jun 30 22:05:26 2009] : DM: Okay, sort out what you're buying and then head out to the out lying farms.
[Tue Jun 30 22:05:44 2009] : DM: All the townspeople you speak to all say to go see the farmers.
[Tue Jun 30 22:06:02 2009] : DM: Just say whe you're down shopping.
[Tue Jun 30 22:06:44 2009] : Elora: ooc how much dough do we have?
[Tue Jun 30 22:06:53 2009] : Elora: ooc enough to buy anything interesting?
[Tue Jun 30 22:07:20 2009] : DM: ooc I dunno.
[Tue Jun 30 22:07:32 2009] : Zotin: ooc interesting stuff at Level2??
[Tue Jun 30 22:07:55 2009] : Barnabas: ooc we have 30gp on top of what you already had as far as I can see
[Tue Jun 30 22:08:36 2009] : Barnabas: ooc I have no idea if what I already had includes anything we got at the meet, but mine is 82gp, so I guess so
[Tue Jun 30 22:08:52 2009] : Barnabas: ooc 15gp on top, not 30!
[Tue Jun 30 22:09:13 2009] : Helena: ooc Yep, 15 gp
[Tue Jun 30 22:10:34 2009] : Zotin: ooc any idea how many gp we got at the meet?
[Tue Jun 30 22:11:20 2009] : DM: ooc I can look it up again if necessary.
[Tue Jun 30 22:11:29 2009] : DM: ooc just not right now.
[Tue Jun 30 22:11:39 2009] : Zotin: ooc ok
[Tue Jun 30 22:12:42 2009] : Zotin: ooc I found a sheet that said I had 64gp
[Tue Jun 30 22:13:58 2009] : DM: The following morning starts off cool and as you head out of town towards a farm. Mist lies in the hollows and along the small streams.
[Tue Jun 30 22:13:59 2009] : Zotin: Armour Class: 15 (? versus OA)
[Tue Jun 30 22:14:04 2009] : Zotin: ooc sorry
[Tue Jun 30 22:15:33 2009] : DM: The first farmer you met tells you that Farmer Vasylyna whose farm is closest to the forest is the person to talk to. She gets the most raids and troubles.
[Tue Jun 30 22:15:41 2009] : DM: ooc Heading there?
[Tue Jun 30 22:15:48 2009] : Helena: ooc Yep
[Tue Jun 30 22:16:54 2009] : DM: A hour later you near the farm. Thick stone walls with a heavy wooden gate surround a courtyard.
[Tue Jun 30 22:17:44 2009] : DM: Various buildings surround the yard, barns, sheds and the farmhouse itself. Most of the windows look inwards and the outer windows are small and heavily shuttered.
[Tue Jun 30 22:18:06 2009] : Helena: "Looks like a fortress"
[Tue Jun 30 22:18:28 2009] : Zotin: "Indeed"
[Tue Jun 30 22:18:39 2009] : Barnabas: "As it probably needs to be"
[Tue Jun 30 22:18:44 2009] : DM: You enter the courtyard where a man is working on repairs on the front door.
[Tue Jun 30 22:19:16 2009] : DM: Windows are smashes, shutters are askew and their are scorch marks on the woodwork.
[Tue Jun 30 22:19:31 2009] : Elora: Elora looks around, assessing how well guarded the place is
[Tue Jun 30 22:19:38 2009] : DM: It looks like this farm house was raided last night.
[Tue Jun 30 22:19:50 2009] : DM: The man looks up as you enter.
[Tue Jun 30 22:20:52 2009] : Helena: "Seems youhad trouble here, recently"
[Tue Jun 30 22:21:02 2009] : Mr Vasylyna: "Typically, people with sword and armour always turn up to late. What do you want?"
[Tue Jun 30 22:21:08 2009] : Mr Vasylyna: He doesn't sound pleased.
[Tue Jun 30 22:21:29 2009] : Helena: ooc We're the cavallery *shrug*
[Tue Jun 30 22:21:53 2009] : Mr Vasylyna: "Damn kobolds. Scaled the walls smashed inside and looted the place."
[Tue Jun 30 22:22:11 2009] : Barnabas: ooc Mr Vaseline?
[Tue Jun 30 22:22:23 2009] : Zotin: ooc ahem
[Tue Jun 30 22:22:29 2009] : Barnabas: ooc is that like Mr Creosote?
[Tue Jun 30 22:22:39 2009] : Zotin: "Perhaps we can put a stop to their attacks"
[Tue Jun 30 22:23:16 2009] : Barnabas: "Do you have any idea from where they come? beyond the obvious answer of the woods"
[Tue Jun 30 22:23:17 2009] : Mr Vasylyna: "They'll be long gone by now. Unless you know where their boats are holed up."
[Tue Jun 30 22:23:38 2009] : Helena: ooc I only know Mr Creosote (and he really, really grosses me out)
[Tue Jun 30 22:23:57 2009] : Zotin: "We found tracks yesterday and killed a few of them. Perhaps the tracks will lead us somewhere else too"
[Tue Jun 30 22:23:59 2009] : Helena: "They use boats to come here?"
[Tue Jun 30 22:24:12 2009] : Mr Vasylyna: "Aye"
[Tue Jun 30 22:26:14 2009] : Mr Vasylyna: "If you do catch the buggers can you return what they stole? They kicked a small silver cup. It's not valuble but it belonged to my wifes grandmother."
[Tue Jun 30 22:26:46 2009] : Zotin: "You can be certain that if we find it, we shall return it"
[Tue Jun 30 22:27:27 2009] : Helena: "Of course we will"
[Tue Jun 30 22:27:35 2009] : Mr Vasylyna: "Thanks. Now I best get on with repairing this door, still plenty of work to do today."
[Tue Jun 30 22:28:35 2009] : Elora: "I suggest we try and find those tracks again"
[Tue Jun 30 22:28:46 2009] : DM: What's the plan?
[Tue Jun 30 22:29:03 2009] : Zotin: "It is a good place to start"
[Tue Jun 30 22:29:28 2009] : Barnabas: "OK, thought it's not really something that I can help you with"
[Tue Jun 30 22:30:52 2009] : DM: The tracks are easy to follow.
[Tue Jun 30 22:32:41 2009] : DM: They lead into the woods and eventually to the small camp you were at yesterday. It's deserted and the barrels that were left behind are smashed and their contents spilled and ruined.
[Tue Jun 30 22:32:51 2009] : DM: Continue?
[Tue Jun 30 22:33:09 2009] : Zotin: Y
[Tue Jun 30 22:33:16 2009] : Elora: yes
[Tue Jun 30 22:33:49 2009] : Helena: "Looks like somebody was a bit miffed"
[Tue Jun 30 22:33:57 2009] : DM: You follow the tracks back to the road were you fought the wolves, the continue to the coast.
[Tue Jun 30 22:34:47 2009] : DM: From the cliff overlooking a small pebbled cove you see three small boats, crude sails unfurled and heading out across the water.
[Tue Jun 30 22:35:22 2009] : DM: They're only 200 ft from the shore. It looks like you just missed them.
[Tue Jun 30 22:35:27 2009] : Zotin: "Damn"
[Tue Jun 30 22:35:40 2009] : Zotin: "At least we now know where they come ashore"
[Tue Jun 30 22:36:07 2009] : DM: One of the kobolds on the boats is dressed in better gear than the others and wears an elborate headdress of bones and pieces of skull.
[Tue Jun 30 22:36:29 2009] : DM: It holds up something that winks and flashes in the sunlight and it jeers at you.
[Tue Jun 30 22:37:04 2009] : DM: There's a path down to the cove some 15 ft below.
[Tue Jun 30 22:37:05 2009] : Helena: "Seems to be full of itself"
[Tue Jun 30 22:37:14 2009] : DM: What are you going to do?
[Tue Jun 30 22:37:24 2009] : Barnabas: "So he saw us then"
[Tue Jun 30 22:37:56 2009] : Elora: ooc jeers?
[Tue Jun 30 22:38:32 2009] : Helena: ooc laughs and taunts
[Tue Jun 30 22:38:53 2009] : Helena: Goind down the path, looking at the boats
[Tue Jun 30 22:38:56 2009] : Elora: ococ did we take the horn?
[Tue Jun 30 22:39:06 2009] : Helena: ooc Probably
[Tue Jun 30 22:39:10 2009] : DM: ooc Zotin did, yes.
[Tue Jun 30 22:39:58 2009] : DM: Helena heads down the cliff path (12 squares so not a long time to go down).
[Tue Jun 30 22:40:37 2009] : Zotin: Zotin follows
[Tue Jun 30 22:40:55 2009] : Barnabas: "Could we try blowing it?"
[Tue Jun 30 22:41:14 2009] : Elora: "Yeah, how about we taunt them with the horn?"
[Tue Jun 30 22:41:17 2009] : DM: The boats are still sailing away. They're about 40 squares away.
[Tue Jun 30 22:41:22 2009] : Elora: They'll know it was us who took the gold"
[Tue Jun 30 22:41:37 2009] : Zotin: "Worth a go"
[Tue Jun 30 22:41:46 2009] : Elora: "Try it, everyone ready to face them?"
[Tue Jun 30 22:41:51 2009] : Elora: "Just in case they come back?"
[Tue Jun 30 22:41:54 2009] : Zotin: Zotin takes the horn from his pack and blows it
[Tue Jun 30 22:42:18 2009] : Kobold Shaman: The shaman stares and then shout back in common.
[Tue Jun 30 22:42:46 2009] : Helena: Helena laughs out loud
[Tue Jun 30 22:42:48 2009] : Zotin: ooc orpg hasn't shown my last two bits of text
[Tue Jun 30 22:42:57 2009] : Kobold Shaman: "Bah. Keep the coin! We have the shinier prize!"
[Tue Jun 30 22:43:10 2009] : Zotin: ooc ah, its fixed itself now
[Tue Jun 30 22:43:11 2009] : Kobold Shaman: It holds aloft the silver cup again.
[Tue Jun 30 22:43:56 2009] : Kobold Shaman: "You won't find us now. Ha ha ha!"
[Tue Jun 30 22:43:56 2009] : Zotin: "Its worthless"
[Tue Jun 30 22:44:41 2009] : Barnabas: "A simple family keepsake, worth nothing, and you gloat over it! Hah!"
[Tue Jun 30 22:45:17 2009] : Barnabas: "And you lost 4 of your number to get that cup, while losing the coins too"
[Tue Jun 30 22:45:21 2009] : Kobold Shaman: The kobold smirks! "Brains in the clouds. Stupid big people."
[Tue Jun 30 22:45:24 2009] : Helena: "Silver? And you're actually proud of it? You're a fool"
[Tue Jun 30 22:46:04 2009] : Elora: to her companions
[Tue Jun 30 22:46:15 2009] : Elora: "There has to be more to this cup than what the farmer told us"
[Tue Jun 30 22:46:31 2009] : Kobold Shaman: "No more words." (he turns to crew and speaks in draconic). "Row! Row for home and for shinies."
[Tue Jun 30 22:46:55 2009] : DM: The boat is now 48 squares from the shoreline where you are.
[Tue Jun 30 22:47:52 2009] : DM: What now?
[Tue Jun 30 22:48:43 2009] : Barnabas: "That being the case, we may have tried harder. It's his own fault if he lied."
[Tue Jun 30 22:48:45 2009] : Helena: "How do we find them? I can't swim fast enough to keep up, nor do I want to"
[Tue Jun 30 22:49:08 2009] : Barnabas: "I don't swim wearing mail unless I must to stay alive"
[Tue Jun 30 22:49:16 2009] : Zotin: "I would like to be able to stop them, but I can see no way of doing it"
[Tue Jun 30 22:49:23 2009] : DM: The boats are sailing a straight course.
[Tue Jun 30 22:49:33 2009] : Elora: "anyone has a magic trick to enflame their sails at this distance"
[Tue Jun 30 22:49:36 2009] : Elora: "or something?"
[Tue Jun 30 22:50:15 2009] : Helena: "Not me"
[Tue Jun 30 22:50:19 2009] : Zotin: "Not from this distance, no"
[Tue Jun 30 22:51:39 2009] : Elora: "Well, agreed, let us go back to the farmer then, and tell him that they're gone"
[Tue Jun 30 22:51:58 2009] : Elora: "It has to be some good piece of news if they're going to let him and his colleagues alone"
[Tue Jun 30 22:52:40 2009] : Zotin: "I doubt that will last for long"
[Tue Jun 30 22:53:34 2009] : Helena: "So do I"
[Tue Jun 30 22:54:17 2009] : Barnabas: "In this we have failed, but we had no way top get them to return"
[Tue Jun 30 22:54:32 2009] : Barnabas: ooc * to
[Tue Jun 30 22:54:59 2009] : Elora: and if we had, we tried it and it failed
[Tue Jun 30 22:55:04 2009] : DM: When you get back to the farm. Mr Vasylyna has finsihed medning the door and has started work on a window shutter, bending the hinges back into shape.
[Tue Jun 30 22:55:31 2009] : Mr Yasylyna: "Did you catch then?"
[Tue Jun 30 22:56:18 2009] : Zotin: "Sadly no. They had sailed just before we caught up with them"
[Tue Jun 30 22:56:26 2009] : Helena: "No, they'd already taken off and were at sea before we met them"
[Tue Jun 30 22:57:08 2009] : Zotin: "They seemed to think your Grandmothers silver was a great prize, and worth the gold we took from them"
[Tue Jun 30 22:57:33 2009] : Barnabas: "We were puzzled at this behaviour"
[Tue Jun 30 22:58:06 2009] : Mr Yasylyna: "Huh. Kobolds aren't the brighest. The cup was only of sentimental value."
[Tue Jun 30 22:58:41 2009] : Mr Yasylyna: Insight checks
[Tue Jun 30 22:58:52 2009] : Zotin: Insight: [1d20+7] => [6,7] = (13)
[Tue Jun 30 22:58:55 2009] : Helena: Insight Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [16,0] = (16)
[Tue Jun 30 22:59:05 2009] : Elora: Passive insight: 12
[Tue Jun 30 22:59:10 2009] : Mr Yasylyna: "Ah well, maybe they have their "great prize" they'll stay away for a while."
[Tue Jun 30 22:59:21 2009] : Elora: Insight: [1d20+1+1] => [11,1,1] = (13)
[Tue Jun 30 23:00:08 2009] : Barnabas: Insight: [1d20+0] => [13,0] = (13)
[Tue Jun 30 23:00:10 2009] : Zotin: "With luck yes, but I have my doubts."
[Tue Jun 30 23:00:39 2009] : Mr Yasylyna: "I appreciate your help. Not to many folk like yourselves around."
[Tue Jun 30 23:00:43 2009] : Helena: "It seems the kobolds think it's more valuable than you do"
[Tue Jun 30 23:01:04 2009] : Barnabas: "Perhaps if they value this item they will return to seek more of the same, whether it exists or no"
[Tue Jun 30 23:01:07 2009] : Mr Yasylyna: He shrugs. "Who know what they think."
[Tue Jun 30 23:01:39 2009] : Helena: "Where did ik come from exactly? Were there ever any tales told about it in your wife's famuily?"
[Tue Jun 30 23:02:29 2009] : Mr Yasylyna: "Not that I ever heard. It does have some decoration on it though. Odd lines and such. Don't make much sense to me."
[Tue Jun 30 23:03:19 2009] : Mr Yasylyna: "If you're still interested in tracking it down you could try finding their lair. Kobold don't sail well so they can't be too far."
[Tue Jun 30 23:03:41 2009] : Mr Yasylyna: "I can't pay you anything, mind. Even if you do find it."
[Tue Jun 30 23:04:15 2009] : Zotin: "Perhaps we can find some sailing charts in town and choose a likely spot to search"
[Tue Jun 30 23:04:38 2009] : Helena: "Perhaps. but do we want to bother for a silver cup?"
[Tue Jun 30 23:04:43 2009] : Mr Yasylyna: The farmer turns back to his repairs.
[Tue Jun 30 23:05:05 2009] : Barnabas: "I daresay that they simply sail to another location on this island then, or a small one nearby"
[Tue Jun 30 23:05:16 2009] : Elora: "that might be it indeed"
[Tue Jun 30 23:05:52 2009] : Barnabas: "It's not the cup, it's the fact that they evaded me, and that they remain a threat that leads me on Helena"
[Tue Jun 30 23:06:05 2009] : Zotin: "I concur Barnabus"
[Tue Jun 30 23:06:43 2009] : Helena: "Yeah, it does suck a bit if we let them win"
[Tue Jun 30 23:08:23 2009] : DM: GAME END