Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / On the Great River II - 23 June 2009

[Tue Jun 23 19:36:45 2009] : DM: GAME START
[Tue Jun 23 19:37:13 2009] : DM: You're on an ancient road on the island of Yuzne, heading for the harbor town of Kodyma.
[Tue Jun 23 19:37:45 2009] : DM: You were ambushed in the woods by a pack of drakes and have just killed or driven them off.
[Tue Jun 23 19:38:38 2009] : DM: What next?
[Tue Jun 23 19:38:39 2009] : Barnabas: "Were they intelligent creatures? Might they have treasure from other ambushed unfortunates?"
[Tue Jun 23 19:38:53 2009] : Barnabas: "Shall we have a quick look?"
[Tue Jun 23 19:39:08 2009] : Zotin: "I suppose we could"
[Tue Jun 23 19:39:21 2009] : Helena: "Can't hurt"
[Tue Jun 23 19:39:42 2009] : DM: They behaved like hungry animals. They aren't carrying anything valuble and don't immediately see where they might lair.
[Tue Jun 23 19:40:04 2009] : Helena: Helena walks into the direction the beasts originally came from
[Tue Jun 23 19:40:23 2009] : DM: You don't know where they came from, You'd have to track them.
[Tue Jun 23 19:40:31 2009] : Barnabas: "Where do you suppose that they came from? Preumably their home is the best bet"
[Tue Jun 23 19:40:41 2009] : Zotin: "But where is that?"
[Tue Jun 23 19:41:19 2009] : DM: ooc perception roll to track
[Tue Jun 23 19:41:33 2009] : Barnabas: Perception: [1d20+0] => [9,0] = (9)
[Tue Jun 23 19:41:43 2009] : Zotin: Perception: [1d20+7] => [13,7] = (20)
[Tue Jun 23 19:41:55 2009] : Helena: Perception Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [10,0] = (10)
[Tue Jun 23 19:42:24 2009] : Helena: "I only know where they were when I saw them first"
[Tue Jun 23 19:42:47 2009] : Zotin: Zotin has a look around at the tracks
[Tue Jun 23 19:43:29 2009] : DM: Zotin spots some tracks heading up the slope into the denser parts of the woodland.
[Tue Jun 23 19:43:46 2009] : DM: You can follow them but the undergrowth is think and it looks like hard going.
[Tue Jun 23 19:43:51 2009] : Barnabas: "I can see nought"
[Tue Jun 23 19:44:32 2009] : Zotin: "The tracks lead in here, but I dont fancy it myself"
[Tue Jun 23 19:44:42 2009] : Zotin: Zotin points
[Tue Jun 23 19:45:03 2009] : Barnabas: "Fair enough, it was just idle fancy"
[Tue Jun 23 19:45:16 2009] : Helena: "I rather doubt mere beasts would have buried treasure anyway"
[Tue Jun 23 19:46:01 2009] : Zotin: "Well, lets get going"
[Tue Jun 23 19:46:41 2009] : Barnabas: "So, what was the name of the city along here?"
[Tue Jun 23 19:47:21 2009] : Zotin: "Kodyma?"
[Tue Jun 23 19:47:22 2009] : Barnabas: "Was it Kodyma?"
[Tue Jun 23 19:47:34 2009] : Barnabas: "Yes, I think you are right"
[Tue Jun 23 19:47:53 2009] : Barnabas: "Let's find it. It should have some proper beds"
[Tue Jun 23 19:48:01 2009] : Helena: "Let's go then, but we'd better look out for more beasts"
[Tue Jun 23 19:49:35 2009] : DM: You walk for another hour when you hear something up ahead. Nature checks.
[Tue Jun 23 19:49:44 2009] : DM: Snarling and growling noises.
[Tue Jun 23 19:49:46 2009] : Helena: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [13,0] = (13)
[Tue Jun 23 19:49:46 2009] : Zotin: Nature: [1d20+2] => [5,2] = (7)
[Tue Jun 23 19:49:55 2009] : Helena: "Doesn
[Tue Jun 23 19:50:05 2009] : Helena: "Doesn't sound good"
[Tue Jun 23 19:50:14 2009] : Barnabas: Nature: [1d20+0] => [11,0] = (11)
[Tue Jun 23 19:50:47 2009] : Barnabas: "Hmm, stay close together"
[Tue Jun 23 19:50:51 2009] : DM: None of you can tell what sort of creature it see from the noises.
[Tue Jun 23 19:51:13 2009] : Zotin: Zotin keeps the others in front of him
[Tue Jun 23 19:51:40 2009] : Helena: Helena has her bow ready
[Tue Jun 23 19:52:59 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas draws his sword
[Tue Jun 23 19:53:55 2009] : DM: You near the bend in the road and you see three wolfs worrying at something on the ground. They're snarling and growling at each other. One of the wolves is considerably larger and more menacing.
[Tue Jun 23 19:54:03 2009] : DM: Nature rolls
[Tue Jun 23 19:54:09 2009] : Barnabas: Nature: [1d20+0] => [12,0] = (12)
[Tue Jun 23 19:54:15 2009] : Zotin: Nature: [1d20+2] => [8,2] = (10)
[Tue Jun 23 19:54:32 2009] : Helena: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [14,0] = (14)
[Tue Jun 23 19:55:14 2009] : DM: You know they're some sort of wolves.
[Tue Jun 23 19:55:27 2009] : Helena: ooc LOL
[Tue Jun 23 19:55:33 2009] : DM: The wolves look up at you and growl menacingly.
[Tue Jun 23 19:55:35 2009] : DM: Inittiative.
[Tue Jun 23 19:55:40 2009] : Zotin: Initiative: [1d20 + 2/2 + (16/2-5) + 4] => [18,1,3,4] = (26)
[Tue Jun 23 19:55:40 2009] : Barnabas: Initiative: [1d20 + 2/2 + 13/2-5 + 2] => [14,1,6,-5,2] = (18) - Includes +2 for Combat Leader
[Tue Jun 23 19:55:48 2009] : Helena: Initiative [1d20+6] => [15,6] = (21)
[Tue Jun 23 19:56:12 2009] : Wolf: Initiative: [1d20 + 2/2 + 2] => [15,1,2] = (18)
[Tue Jun 23 19:56:13 2009] : Wolf: Initiative: [1d20 + 2/2 + 2] => [2,1,2] = (5)
[Tue Jun 23 19:56:25 2009] : Dire Wolf: Initiative: [1d20 + 5/2 + 3] => [10,2,3] = (15)
[Tue Jun 23 19:58:47 2009] : DM: Zotin?
[Tue Jun 23 19:59:20 2009] : Zotin: Zotin waits to see what the others do
[Tue Jun 23 19:59:28 2009] : DM: Helena?
[Tue Jun 23 19:59:30 2009] : Zotin: done
[Tue Jun 23 19:59:49 2009] : Helena: Helena aims at the largest wolf
[Tue Jun 23 19:59:55 2009] : Helena: Helena Features: First Strike At encounter start, get combat advantage against foes that haven't acted yet.
[Tue Jun 23 20:00:03 2009] : Helena: Helena At Will Powers: Sly Flourish vs. AC Hand Crossbow Increased damage, Attack [1d20+8] => [19,8] = (27), Damage [1d6+8] => [4,8] = (12), Sneak Attack [2d8] => [8,4] = (12).
[Tue Jun 23 20:00:13 2009] : Helena: Done
[Tue Jun 23 20:00:50 2009] : DM: An excellent hit, your bolt digs deep into the wolf's neck causing a severe wound.
[Tue Jun 23 20:01:18 2009] : DM: Zotin, you want to go now?
[Tue Jun 23 20:01:22 2009] : Helena: "That's a good start"
[Tue Jun 23 20:01:24 2009] : Zotin: yes
[Tue Jun 23 20:01:28 2009] : DM: Go ahead.
[Tue Jun 23 20:01:35 2009] : Zotin: Magic Missile: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(16/2-5)+2/2] => [10,3,1] = (14) - Hit: [2d4intmod] => 2d4intmod force damage.
[Tue Jun 23 20:01:43 2009] : Zotin: same one that helena hit
[Tue Jun 23 20:01:49 2009] : Zotin: ooc poo
[Tue Jun 23 20:02:12 2009] : Zotin: Magic Missile: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(16/2-5)+2/2] => [18,3,1] = (22) - Hit: [2d4+(14/2-5)] => [4,2,2] = (8) force damage.
[Tue Jun 23 20:02:18 2009] : DM: The wolf nimbly leaps and the missiles passes harmlessly overhead.
[Tue Jun 23 20:02:38 2009] : DM: ooc was that a second attack?
[Tue Jun 23 20:02:55 2009] : Zotin: no, damage on the first was messed up
[Tue Jun 23 20:02:56 2009] : Helena: ooc The first attack had the damage wrongly configurated
[Tue Jun 23 20:03:03 2009] : DM: done?
[Tue Jun 23 20:03:10 2009] : Zotin: yes
[Tue Jun 23 20:03:15 2009] : DM: Barnabus?
[Tue Jun 23 20:03:46 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas readies an attack
[Tue Jun 23 20:03:48 2009] : Barnabas: Done
[Tue Jun 23 20:04:38 2009] : Wolf: The wolves bound forwards, each moving towards a different flank and the larger wolf charges for the centre.
[Tue Jun 23 20:05:49 2009] : DM: Helena?
[Tue Jun 23 20:06:38 2009] : Helena: Helena, liking what the previous attack did, aims at the biggest wolf again
[Tue Jun 23 20:06:44 2009] : Helena: Helena At Will Powers: Sly Flourish vs. AC Hand Crossbow Increased damage, Attack [1d20+8] => [15,8] = (23), Damage [1d6+8] => [2,8] = (10), Sneak Attack [2d8] => [5,7] = (12).
[Tue Jun 23 20:07:05 2009] : Helena: ooc No sneak attack this time, unfortunately
[Tue Jun 23 20:07:08 2009] : Helena: Done
[Tue Jun 23 20:07:23 2009] : DM: Another hit.
[Tue Jun 23 20:07:44 2009] : DM: Zotin?
[Tue Jun 23 20:08:19 2009] : Zotin: Zotin aims at the big one again
[Tue Jun 23 20:08:20 2009] : Zotin: Magic Missile: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(16/2-5)+2/2] => [19,3,1] = (23) - Hit: [2d4+(14/2-5)] => [3,2,2] = (7) force damage.
[Tue Jun 23 20:08:44 2009] : DM: A hit, the wolf is snaps and growls.
[Tue Jun 23 20:08:56 2009] : Zotin: shift and done
[Tue Jun 23 20:09:13 2009] : DM: Barnabas?
[Tue Jun 23 20:09:49 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas is wary to allow them to divide and conquer, so readies an attack again
[Tue Jun 23 20:09:53 2009] : Barnabas: Done
[Tue Jun 23 20:10:05 2009] : Barnabas: "On't let them split us up"
[Tue Jun 23 20:10:51 2009] : Helena: "I'm not planning to"
[Tue Jun 23 20:11:03 2009] : Wolf: A wolf heads for Zotin, seeking out the weakest member at the back of the group.
[Tue Jun 23 20:11:14 2009] : Wolf: Bite: [1d20 + 7] => [4,7] = (11) vs AC ===> [1d6+2] => [3,2] = (5)
[Tue Jun 23 20:11:33 2009] : Wolf: It's teeth tear into cloth.
[Tue Jun 23 20:11:36 2009] : Helena: ooc That comment was just mean! ;)
[Tue Jun 23 20:11:46 2009] : Zotin: ooc :(
[Tue Jun 23 20:12:08 2009] : Dire Wolf: The dire wolf lunges forward and snaps at Barnabas.
[Tue Jun 23 20:12:10 2009] : Dire Wolf: Bite: [1d20 + 10] => [14,10] = (24) vs AC ===> [1d8+4] => [3,4] = (7)
[Tue Jun 23 20:12:24 2009] : Barnabas: ooc Err, I get to interrupt that
[Tue Jun 23 20:12:41 2009] : Dire Wolf: Go ahead
[Tue Jun 23 20:12:49 2009] : Barnabas: Leaf on the wind: (EP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+7] => [18,7] = (25) - Hit: [2d8+3] => [8,1,3] = (12) damage, then you or an ally adjacent to the target swaps places with it.
[Tue Jun 23 20:13:23 2009] : Barnabas: Done
[Tue Jun 23 20:13:34 2009] : Dire Wolf: It still hits you for 7 damage.
[Tue Jun 23 20:13:53 2009] : Wolf: The remaining wolf continues to circle around.
[Tue Jun 23 20:13:57 2009] : Barnabas: ok
[Tue Jun 23 20:14:25 2009] : Wolf: Flanking Barnabas.
[Tue Jun 23 20:14:31 2009] : DM: Helena?
[Tue Jun 23 20:14:53 2009] : Helena: ooc Which one is the dire wolf?
[Tue Jun 23 20:14:59 2009] : DM: ooc the big one
[Tue Jun 23 20:15:04 2009] : DM: ooc #1
[Tue Jun 23 20:15:16 2009] : Helena: ooc I don't see #1
[Tue Jun 23 20:15:31 2009] : Barnabas: ooc flick to whiteboard and back
[Tue Jun 23 20:15:35 2009] : DM: ooc it's next to you
[Tue Jun 23 20:15:49 2009] : Helena: ooc With my name over its circle?
[Tue Jun 23 20:16:08 2009] : Zotin: ooc no, its 1 sq up from you
[Tue Jun 23 20:16:19 2009] : Zotin: ooc your circle is overs its name
[Tue Jun 23 20:16:35 2009] : Helena: ooc OK
[Tue Jun 23 20:16:45 2009] : Barnabas: ooc sidestep to flank him and sneak attack
[Tue Jun 23 20:17:00 2009] : DM: ooc you mean shift
[Tue Jun 23 20:17:06 2009] : Barnabas: ooc that too
[Tue Jun 23 20:17:08 2009] : Zotin: ooc lol
[Tue Jun 23 20:17:18 2009] : Zotin: ooc is it not slide?
[Tue Jun 23 20:17:18 2009] : Helena: Helena drops her bow and draws her sword
[Tue Jun 23 20:17:36 2009] : Barnabas: ooc you also get 4 in a line, which means you win ;=)
[Tue Jun 23 20:18:01 2009] : Zotin: ooc good call
[Tue Jun 23 20:18:14 2009] : Helena: Helena then shifts and attacks the monster wolf again
[Tue Jun 23 20:18:33 2009] : Barnabas: ooc wrong way!
[Tue Jun 23 20:18:34 2009] : Helena: Helena At Will Powers: Sly Flourish vs. AC Short Sword Increased damage, Attack [1d20+9] => [12,9] = (21), Damage [1d6+8] => [5,8] = (13), Sneak Attack [2d8] => [4,8] = (12).
[Tue Jun 23 20:18:45 2009] : Barnabas: ooc I moved you to the right place
[Tue Jun 23 20:18:52 2009] : DM: ooc that's fine.
[Tue Jun 23 20:19:02 2009] : Zotin: ooc I keep having to scroll my map down and back up again to refresh it :(
[Tue Jun 23 20:19:08 2009] : Helena: ooc I can't see a thing there *shrug*
[Tue Jun 23 20:19:10 2009] : Helena: Done
[Tue Jun 23 20:19:29 2009] : Barnabas: ooc just change from miniatures tab to the whiteboard tab
[Tue Jun 23 20:19:45 2009] : Barnabas: ooc then back again (at least that works for me)
[Tue Jun 23 20:19:48 2009] : DM: Helena stabs the dire wolf, her sword cutting into a vital artery in the leg. The wolf dies in seconds from bloodloss.
[Tue Jun 23 20:19:58 2009] : DM: Zotin?
[Tue Jun 23 20:20:01 2009] : Helena: ooc Changing tabs of scrolling the map both refreshes
[Tue Jun 23 20:20:28 2009] : Helena: "This seems to be going better than our last fight"
[Tue Jun 23 20:20:33 2009] : Zotin: Wary of the wolf beside him, Zotin shifts backwards and attacks it
[Tue Jun 23 20:20:36 2009] : Zotin: Magic Missile: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(16/2-5)+2/2] => [10,3,1] = (14) - Hit: [2d4+(14/2-5)] => [2,2,2] = (6) force damage.
[Tue Jun 23 20:20:43 2009] : Zotin: Done
[Tue Jun 23 20:20:59 2009] : DM: A shower of magic sparks and the wolf yelps.
[Tue Jun 23 20:21:10 2009] : Zotin: ooc aww poor thing
[Tue Jun 23 20:21:24 2009] : DM: Barnabas?
[Tue Jun 23 20:22:13 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas attacks the one near him
[Tue Jun 23 20:22:37 2009] : Barnabas: Viper's Strike: (AWP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+7] => [18,7] = (25) - Hit: [1d8+3] => [6,3] = (9) damage
Effect: If the target shifts before my next turn, it provokes an OA from an ally of my choice.

[Tue Jun 23 20:22:51 2009] : DM: A hit
[Tue Jun 23 20:22:58 2009] : Barnabas: Shift, and done
[Tue Jun 23 20:23:35 2009] : DM: The wolves circle round and attack Barnanas
[Tue Jun 23 20:24:07 2009] : DM: Bite: [1d20 + 7] => [15,7] = (22) vs AC ===> [1d6+2] => [2,2] = (4)
[Tue Jun 23 20:24:16 2009] : DM: Teeth rip into flesh
[Tue Jun 23 20:24:30 2009] : Wolf: Bite: [1d20 + 7] => [18,7] = (25) vs AC ===> [1d6+2] => [2,2] = (4)
[Tue Jun 23 20:24:58 2009] : Barnabas: ooc #3 walked through Helena's threat area to get me
[Tue Jun 23 20:25:01 2009] : Wolf: Working as pair darting and snaping at your legs causes you to stumble and you fall to the groud.
[Tue Jun 23 20:25:07 2009] : Wolf: ooc no it did not
[Tue Jun 23 20:25:20 2009] : DM: Helena?
[Tue Jun 23 20:25:21 2009] : Barnabas: ooc OK, you said it circled
[Tue Jun 23 20:26:27 2009] : Helena: Helena steps round to attack from behind
[Tue Jun 23 20:26:52 2009] : Helena: Helena At Will Powers: Sly Flourish vs. AC Short Sword Increased damage, Attack [1d20+9] => [9,9] = (18), Damage [1d6+8] => [3,8] = (11), Sneak Attack [2d8] => [3,5] = (8).
[Tue Jun 23 20:26:56 2009] : Helena: Done
[Tue Jun 23 20:27:38 2009] : Helena: ooc Don't know which number I stabbed at, though
[Tue Jun 23 20:28:09 2009] : DM: Zotin?
[Tue Jun 23 20:28:13 2009] : Zotin: ooc which ones looks most injured?
[Tue Jun 23 20:28:27 2009] : DM: The one between Barnabas and Helena
[Tue Jun 23 20:28:38 2009] : Zotin: Zotin aims for the flanked wolf
[Tue Jun 23 20:28:40 2009] : Zotin: Magic Missile: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(16/2-5)+2/2] => [18,3,1] = (22) - Hit: [2d4+(14/2-5)] => [2,1,2] = (5) force damage.
[Tue Jun 23 20:28:56 2009] : Zotin: shift
[Tue Jun 23 20:28:57 2009] : Zotin: done
[Tue Jun 23 20:29:12 2009] : DM: It's nearly dead.
[Tue Jun 23 20:29:18 2009] : DM: Barnabas?
[Tue Jun 23 20:29:59 2009] : Barnabas: ooc I'm prone?
[Tue Jun 23 20:30:10 2009] : DM: Yes
[Tue Jun 23 20:30:37 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas stands up and attacks the flanked one
[Tue Jun 23 20:30:58 2009] : Barnabas: Viper's Strike: (AWP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+7] => [3,7] = (10) - Hit: [1d8+3] => [3,3] = (6) damage
Effect: If the target shifts before my next turn, it provokes an OA from an ally of my choice.

[Tue Jun 23 20:31:10 2009] : DM: It dodges.
[Tue Jun 23 20:31:22 2009] : Barnabas: Inspiring Word (minor): (EP) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional 1d6+3 HP (on top of their surge value)
[Tue Jun 23 20:31:28 2009] : Barnabas: [1d6+3] => [1,3] = (4)
[Tue Jun 23 20:31:36 2009] : Barnabas: Done
[Tue Jun 23 20:32:08 2009] : Wolf: The two wolfes attack Barnabas again
[Tue Jun 23 20:32:12 2009] : Wolf: Bite: [1d20 + 7] => [11,7] = (18) vs AC ===> [1d6+2] => [3,2] = (5)
[Tue Jun 23 20:32:13 2009] : Wolf: Bite: [1d20 + 7] => [4,7] = (11) vs AC ===> [1d6+2] => [5,2] = (7)
[Tue Jun 23 20:32:36 2009] : Barnabas: Misses
[Tue Jun 23 20:33:04 2009] : Wolf: ooc why the extra AC vs OA?
[Tue Jun 23 20:33:15 2009] : DM: Helena?
[Tue Jun 23 20:34:01 2009] : Barnabas: ooc Because :-P
[Tue Jun 23 20:34:10 2009] : Barnabas: ooc Defensive mobility
[Tue Jun 23 20:34:23 2009] : Helena: Helena really hopes the wolf in front of her will die at last
[Tue Jun 23 20:34:26 2009] : Helena: Helena At Will Powers: Sly Flourish vs. AC Short Sword Increased damage, Attack [1d20+9] => [14,9] = (23), Damage [1d6+8] => [2,8] = (10), Sneak Attack [2d8] => [5,5] = (10).
[Tue Jun 23 20:34:36 2009] : Helena: Done
[Tue Jun 23 20:34:53 2009] : DM: Helena kills a second wolf.
[Tue Jun 23 20:35:02 2009] : Helena: ooc Yay me!
[Tue Jun 23 20:35:10 2009] : DM: Zotin?
[Tue Jun 23 20:35:12 2009] : Zotin: Zotin lets fly at the remaining Wolf
[Tue Jun 23 20:35:22 2009] : Zotin: Magic Missile: (AWP) To-hit vs. Reflex [1d20+(16/2-5)+2/2] => [20,3,1] = (24) - Hit: [2d4+(14/2-5)] => [4,3,2] = (9) force damage.
[Tue Jun 23 20:35:38 2009] : Zotin: shift
[Tue Jun 23 20:35:39 2009] : Zotin: Done
[Tue Jun 23 20:36:18 2009] : DM: Barnabas?
[Tue Jun 23 20:36:31 2009] : Barnabas: Shift, then attack
[Tue Jun 23 20:36:50 2009] : Barnabas: Leaf on the wind: (EP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+7] => [20,7] = (27) - Hit: [2d8+3] => [5,6,3] = (14) damage, then you or an ally adjacent to the target swaps places with it.
[Tue Jun 23 20:37:04 2009] : Barnabas: ooc sorry - wrong one!
[Tue Jun 23 20:37:12 2009] : Barnabas: Viper's Strike: (AWP) To-hit vs. AC [1d20+7] => [18,7] = (25) - Hit: [1d8+3] => [3,3] = (6) damage
Effect: If the target shifts before my next turn, it provokes an OA from an ally of my choice.

[Tue Jun 23 20:37:21 2009] : Barnabas: ooc can I keep the crit?
[Tue Jun 23 20:37:37 2009] : Helena: ooc LOL
[Tue Jun 23 20:37:52 2009] : Barnabas: Inspiring Word (minor): (EP) Special: can be used twice per encounter - Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional 1d6+3 HP (on top of their surge value)
[Tue Jun 23 20:37:58 2009] : Barnabas: [1d6+3] => [5,3] = (8)
[Tue Jun 23 20:38:04 2009] : Barnabas: Done
[Tue Jun 23 20:38:06 2009] : DM: A lucky strike gets the wolf in the eye.
[Tue Jun 23 20:38:44 2009] : DM: The wolf starts to move away
[Tue Jun 23 20:38:49 2009] : Wolf: OA
[Tue Jun 23 20:39:10 2009] : Barnabas: ooc anyone able to OA with ranged attack?
[Tue Jun 23 20:39:31 2009] : Zotin: ooc thats a simpel attack isn't it?
[Tue Jun 23 20:39:32 2009] : Barnabas: Melee Basic Attack - Longsword: [1d20 + 16/2-5 + 2/2 + 3] => [20,8,-5,1,3] = (27) Damage: [1d8 + 16/2-5] => [3,8,-5] = (6)
[Tue Jun 23 20:39:32 2009] : Wolf: ooc No
[Tue Jun 23 20:39:37 2009] : Zotin: ooc basic
[Tue Jun 23 20:39:49 2009] : Helena: ooc Haven't got my crossbow on me
[Tue Jun 23 20:39:49 2009] : Barnabas: ooc another crit!
[Tue Jun 23 20:40:30 2009] : Barnabas: ooc though I don't think I count as an ally for the purposes of my power - so if it shifted, I didn't get an OA
[Tue Jun 23 20:40:56 2009] : Wolf: Barnabas flicks his sword out at the retreating wolf, slicing into it's neck and breaking it's spine. It dies instantly.
[Tue Jun 23 20:41:08 2009] : Zotin: ooc nice flavour
[Tue Jun 23 20:41:15 2009] : Barnabas: "Have at you!"
[Tue Jun 23 20:41:32 2009] : Barnabas: "Is anybody hurt?"
[Tue Jun 23 20:42:04 2009] : Zotin: "I am fine, thank you"
[Tue Jun 23 20:42:25 2009] : Helena: Helena picks up het crossbow
[Tue Jun 23 20:42:35 2009] : Helena: "Not a scratch on me"
[Tue Jun 23 20:42:44 2009] : Zotin: ooc brb
[Tue Jun 23 20:42:55 2009] : Wolf: ooc for future reference, Page 57 PHB, "ally" does not include yourself.
[Tue Jun 23 20:44:03 2009] : DM: 150 XP each
[Tue Jun 23 20:44:06 2009] : Barnabas: "And I seem to be OK following my bit of healing"
[Tue Jun 23 20:44:38 2009] : Barnabas: ooc yay, new action point
[Tue Jun 23 20:44:54 2009] : DM: ooc that went quicker than the previous encounter.
[Tue Jun 23 20:44:56 2009] : Helena: ooc Yay, an action point
[Tue Jun 23 20:45:31 2009] : Barnabas: ooc our rogue got a load of sneak attacks in
[Tue Jun 23 20:45:58 2009] : DM: ooc brb
[Tue Jun 23 20:46:14 2009] : Zotin: ooc that seemed a lot more straight forward
[Tue Jun 23 20:47:14 2009] : DM: What next?
[Tue Jun 23 20:47:16 2009] : Helena: ooc Sneak attacks rock, especially with the higher damage die
[Tue Jun 23 20:48:11 2009] : Barnabas: ooc head on for the city
[Tue Jun 23 20:48:29 2009] : Zotin: ooc yep, citybound
[Tue Jun 23 20:48:34 2009] : Barnabas: ooc but my powers are not as useful with less players
[Tue Jun 23 20:49:02 2009] : DM: As you start to head out you near the dead creature the wolves were eating.
[Tue Jun 23 20:49:07 2009] : Barnabas: ooc I can't move people around
[Tue Jun 23 20:49:20 2009] : Barnabas: "What is it?"
[Tue Jun 23 20:49:38 2009] : Zotin: ooc I have a couple of Area spells that I've not really had a chance to use
[Tue Jun 23 20:49:40 2009] : DM: It's mostly still there and it's a small humanoid with brownish, scaly skin and a reptillian appearance.
[Tue Jun 23 20:49:50 2009] : Helena: "Hmm"
[Tue Jun 23 20:49:56 2009] : DM: ooc Hmm. which skill roll...
[Tue Jun 23 20:50:03 2009] : DM: ooc flips through PHB
[Tue Jun 23 20:50:19 2009] : DM: Nature roll
[Tue Jun 23 20:50:28 2009] : Zotin: Nature: [1d20+2] => [16,2] = (18)
[Tue Jun 23 20:50:55 2009] : DM: It's a kobold. Crafty, sneaky little monsters.
[Tue Jun 23 20:51:03 2009] : Barnabas: Nature: [1d20+0] => [8,0] = (8)
[Tue Jun 23 20:51:14 2009] : DM: It's equipment is scattered nearby.
[Tue Jun 23 20:51:30 2009] : Barnabas: "What is it?"
[Tue Jun 23 20:51:57 2009] : Zotin: "A Kobold"
[Tue Jun 23 20:52:44 2009] : Helena: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [17,0] = (17)
[Tue Jun 23 20:52:59 2009] : Barnabas: "What is it?"
[Tue Jun 23 20:53:11 2009] : Helena: "Ugly looking little creature"
[Tue Jun 23 20:53:16 2009] : Barnabas: "What is it?"
[Tue Jun 23 20:53:33 2009] : Zotin: Zotin rolls his eyes
[Tue Jun 23 20:53:37 2009] : Zotin: "I dont know"
[Tue Jun 23 20:53:49 2009] : Barnabas: "Hmm, same here"
[Tue Jun 23 20:54:10 2009] : Barnabas: "But you said a Kobold, surely you know some more?"
[Tue Jun 23 20:54:28 2009] : Zotin: "Well I get the feeling there could be more in the area. I seem to recall that they move in packs"
[Tue Jun 23 20:54:31 2009] : Barnabas: ooc it was barnabas' Cat impression
[Tue Jun 23 20:54:46 2009] : Zotin: ooc I know. I was picturing the scene :P
[Tue Jun 23 20:55:37 2009] : DM: Amongst the kobold equipment is a fine looking dagger. It's cool to the touch (Frost Dagger +1).
[Tue Jun 23 20:55:53 2009] : DM: Perception checks
[Tue Jun 23 20:55:54 2009] : Helena: "Nice dagger"
[Tue Jun 23 20:56:00 2009] : Zotin: Perception: [1d20+7] => [15,7] = (22)
[Tue Jun 23 20:56:07 2009] : Barnabas: Perception: [1d20+0] => [10,0] = (10)
[Tue Jun 23 20:56:28 2009] : Helena: Perception Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [17,0] = (17)
[Tue Jun 23 20:56:31 2009] : Barnabas: ooc why do all skills seem to involve wisdom??
[Tue Jun 23 20:57:30 2009] : DM: Zotin spots several kobold tracks in the area, they're heading up slope through the trees.
[Tue Jun 23 20:57:54 2009] : Zotin: "Aha, tracks!"
[Tue Jun 23 20:58:23 2009] : Barnabas: "And?"
[Tue Jun 23 20:58:38 2009] : Helena: "Want to follow them?"
[Tue Jun 23 20:58:38 2009] : Zotin: "More than one set too. Shall we investigate or do you want to head for town first?"
[Tue Jun 23 21:00:17 2009] : Barnabas: "Ah, lets follow them"
[Tue Jun 23 21:00:20 2009] : Helena: /w 14=Helena pockets the dagger
[Tue Jun 23 21:00:21 2009] : Zotin: ooc what time of day is it DM?
[Tue Jun 23 21:00:42 2009] : DM: ooc why do you always ask awkward questions
[Tue Jun 23 21:00:47 2009] : Barnabas: ooc tut tut
[Tue Jun 23 21:01:16 2009] : Zotin: ooc justr trying to gauge whether we have time to investigate before night
[Tue Jun 23 21:01:26 2009] : DM: It's 4 pm.
[Tue Jun 23 21:02:36 2009] : Barnabas: ooc my passive perception is dire anyway, so it's unlikely I even saw the dagger if Helena tried to snaffle it up privately
[Tue Jun 23 21:03:00 2009] : Zotin: "Do you think we've time to have a look before sundown?"
[Tue Jun 23 21:03:35 2009] : Helena: "Sure, let's just be very careful we're not being ambushed or something"
[Tue Jun 23 21:03:47 2009] : Barnabas: "How do we do that?"
[Tue Jun 23 21:03:53 2009] : Zotin: "Lead on then"
[Tue Jun 23 21:04:04 2009] : Zotin: "Just keep your eyes open"
[Tue Jun 23 21:05:58 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas keeps his eyes open, but his helmet is probably not helping
[Tue Jun 23 21:06:06 2009] : Helena: "Just being careful and watching out for ourselves, we can't do more"
[Tue Jun 23 21:07:02 2009] : DM: You pick your way through the woods, heading up the slope following the tracks.
[Tue Jun 23 21:07:25 2009] : DM: After a short while the trail turns and begins to follow the path to Kodyma.
[Tue Jun 23 21:09:03 2009] : ** Zotin found the F2 macro key **
[Tue Jun 23 21:09:11 2009] : Helena: "Where did they go from here?"
[Tue Jun 23 21:09:29 2009] : Zotin: "Lets keep following it"
[Tue Jun 23 21:09:39 2009] : DM: ooc where is the info on what language a creature speaks?
[Tue Jun 23 21:09:47 2009] : Barnabas: "Looks like the scenic route"
[Tue Jun 23 21:09:53 2009] : DM: ooc nm. found it.
[Tue Jun 23 21:10:05 2009] : DM: ooc anyone speak draconic?
[Tue Jun 23 21:10:05 2009] : Barnabas: ooc no idea, I've not even opened the MM!
[Tue Jun 23 21:10:14 2009] : Barnabas: ooc nope
[Tue Jun 23 21:11:04 2009] : Zotin: ooc apparently not me
[Tue Jun 23 21:11:08 2009] : Helena: ooc Not Helena
[Tue Jun 23 21:11:50 2009] : DM: You all hear some creatures talking up ahead in a language you're not familiar with; high pitched yips like a small dog.
[Tue Jun 23 21:12:17 2009] : Zotin: "Shh, hear that?"
[Tue Jun 23 21:12:40 2009] : Barnabas: Barnabas listens
[Tue Jun 23 21:12:58 2009] : Zotin: (whisper) "Could that be them?"
[Tue Jun 23 21:14:31 2009] : Helena: (whisper) "I don't know, could be"
[Tue Jun 23 21:15:36 2009] : DM: They continue to talk amongst themselves. From the voices it could be between 4 and 6 individuals.
[Tue Jun 23 21:16:01 2009] : Zotin: (whisper) "Shall we try and sneak up on them?"
[Tue Jun 23 21:16:18 2009] : Helena: (whisper) "Do you think they could be hostile?"
[Tue Jun 23 21:16:36 2009] : Helena: (whisper) "Let me take a quick look"
[Tue Jun 23 21:16:37 2009] : Barnabas: (whisper) "Probably"
[Tue Jun 23 21:16:45 2009] : Zotin: ooc DM: would I know that from an 18 roll?
[Tue Jun 23 21:17:20 2009] : DM: ooc know what?
[Tue Jun 23 21:17:28 2009] : Helena: Helena creeps forward, using every advantage the terrain gives her to keep out of sight
[Tue Jun 23 21:17:31 2009] : Helena: Stealth Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [4,11] = (15)
[Tue Jun 23 21:17:46 2009] : Zotin: ooc if they are aggessive or likely to be hostile
[Tue Jun 23 21:17:51 2009] : Helena: ooc Crappy roll
[Tue Jun 23 21:17:53 2009] : DM: [1d20+4] => [20,4] = (24)
[Tue Jun 23 21:17:54 2009] : DM: [1d20+4] => [9,4] = (13)
[Tue Jun 23 21:17:56 2009] : DM: [1d20+4] => [5,4] = (9)
[Tue Jun 23 21:17:58 2009] : DM: [1d20+4] => [16,4] = (20)
[Tue Jun 23 21:19:11 2009] : DM: ooc Zotin, kobolds tend to be raiders.
[Tue Jun 23 21:19:54 2009] : DM: The tone of the voices change and when Helena gets close enough she sees 4 kobold carrying weapons and looking alert.
[Tue Jun 23 21:20:44 2009] : DM: Scattered about them in untidy heaps are various supplies and half gnawed bones. It's looks like an small camp.
[Tue Jun 23 21:21:37 2009] : Helena: Helena watches for a moment and then rejoins the others
[Tue Jun 23 21:22:00 2009] : Helena: ooc I have my bow ready BTW
[Tue Jun 23 21:22:10 2009] : DM: Another stealth roll
[Tue Jun 23 21:23:08 2009] : Helena: Stealth Skill Check: [1d20+11] => [14,11] = (25)
[Tue Jun 23 21:23:25 2009] : DM: [1d20+4] => [7,4] = (11)
[Tue Jun 23 21:23:26 2009] : DM: [1d20+4] => [9,4] = (13)
[Tue Jun 23 21:23:27 2009] : DM: [1d20+4] => [15,4] = (19)
[Tue Jun 23 21:23:27 2009] : Helena: ooc My feet don't even touch the ground ;)
[Tue Jun 23 21:23:27 2009] : DM: [1d20+4] => [18,4] = (22)
[Tue Jun 23 21:23:57 2009] : DM: Helena creeps away unnoticed.
[Tue Jun 23 21:25:33 2009] : Helena: "4 of them, just there, but I think they might have heard me, they seem to know someone's here"
[Tue Jun 23 21:25:59 2009] : Helena: ooc Telling them about the weapons they're carrying etc.
[Tue Jun 23 21:26:09 2009] : Zotin: "So do we attack them or leave them be?"
[Tue Jun 23 21:26:16 2009] : Zotin: (whispering)
[Tue Jun 23 21:27:08 2009] : Barnabas: "I suggest we remove them as a threat to the locals"
[Tue Jun 23 21:27:16 2009] : Barnabas: ooc also whispering
[Tue Jun 23 21:27:25 2009] : Zotin: "Fine with me. Helena?"
[Tue Jun 23 21:27:56 2009] : Helena: "Sure, let's go kill some cobolds"
[Tue Jun 23 21:28:45 2009] : Zotin: "Ok"
[Tue Jun 23 21:29:23 2009] : Barnabas: "Agreed"
[Tue Jun 23 21:29:32 2009] : DM: And you can kill then next week.
[Tue Jun 23 21:29:34 2009] : DM: GAME END