Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / DMed - 02 March 2006

[Thu Mar 2 19:30:53 2006] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu Mar 2 19:31:38 2006] : (1) DM: You've just acquired a map showing the way through the sewers to a drain leading up into the basement of the Miner's guild.
[Thu Mar 2 19:32:00 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: And we're planning a nightly expedition or two
[Thu Mar 2 19:32:16 2006] : (1) DM: In addition, Rosen the Wool Merchant's Guild Master advised that the drain would likely be warded with spells and traps.
[Thu Mar 2 19:32:21 2006] : (3) Savaric: "So, are we resting and waiting for nightfall?"
[Thu Mar 2 19:32:55 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "I think that is a good idea. Do we need to do some shopping first"
[Thu Mar 2 19:33:20 2006] : (3) Savaric: "If you like. We certainly have a few things to sell"
[Thu Mar 2 19:33:21 2006] : (4) Belros: "Yes, night would be best I think"
[Thu Mar 2 19:35:09 2006] : (1) DM: Shops of various kinds can be found throughout the city. Although the selection of good is not quite as extensive as Southport.
[Thu Mar 2 19:35:56 2006] : (1) DM: ooc sell stuff for 50% of the list price as usual.
[Thu Mar 2 19:36:15 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc three flaming longswords at 8365gp (= 4182 * 3 = 12549gp)
[Thu Mar 2 19:36:39 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Is everyone happy to sell the swords we obtained from the undead?"
[Thu Mar 2 19:36:49 2006] : (4) Belros: "Very happy"
[Thu Mar 2 19:36:53 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Err, I mean devils"
[Thu Mar 2 19:37:03 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "How would I look trying to wield one of them?"
[Thu Mar 2 19:37:18 2006] : (4) Belros: "Scared?"
[Thu Mar 2 19:37:33 2006] : (1) DM: ooc they were demons.
[Thu Mar 2 19:37:39 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Even smaller than I look anyway?"
[Thu Mar 2 19:38:19 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Sell them"
[Thu Mar 2 19:38:46 2006] : (3) Savaric: "And this shortbow?"
[Thu Mar 2 19:39:11 2006] : (4) Belros: "No use to me"
[Thu Mar 2 19:39:23 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Is it better than my own?"
[Thu Mar 2 19:39:34 2006] : (3) Savaric: "I don't know"
[Thu Mar 2 19:39:50 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc mighty +1 with +1 enhancement
[Thu Mar 2 19:40:13 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Mine gives a greater chance to hit and gives fire damage as well" (+1 +fire)
[Thu Mar 2 19:40:26 2006] : (3) Savaric: "We'll sell it then
[Thu Mar 2 19:40:44 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Sounds good"
[Thu Mar 2 19:40:49 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc = 13749 gp altogether
[Thu Mar 2 19:40:53 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you could splash out some of your vast gold reserves for some +2 weapons.
[Thu Mar 2 19:42:01 2006] : (3) Savaric: "There's also this short sword"
[Thu Mar 2 19:42:06 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc +2
[Thu Mar 2 19:42:31 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Of nu use to me"
[Thu Mar 2 19:42:34 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: no
[Thu Mar 2 19:42:39 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Belros?"
[Thu Mar 2 19:42:53 2006] : (3) Savaric: "I think Ayhlanne has better"
[Thu Mar 2 19:43:40 2006] : (4) Belros: "Me neither"
[Thu Mar 2 19:43:49 2006] : (3) Savaric: "OK, that too"
[Thu Mar 2 19:44:07 2006] : (3) Savaric: "there's now 26431gp in the kitty"
[Thu Mar 2 19:44:41 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Shall we divide it up, or leave some in there for emergency funds?"
[Thu Mar 2 19:44:55 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "I was going to ask the very same question!"
[Thu Mar 2 19:45:30 2006] : (3) Savaric: "There was 8000 in there already. Shall we leave 5000 in there and share the rest between the four of us?"
[Thu Mar 2 19:45:32 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "How about we divide 20,000?"
[Thu Mar 2 19:45:52 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Yes, a good idea Anna"
[Thu Mar 2 19:46:01 2006] : (3) Savaric: "5000 for each of us"
[Thu Mar 2 19:46:09 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Nice one!"
[Thu Mar 2 19:46:16 2006] : (4) Belros: "Ok"
[Thu Mar 2 19:47:12 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc How much tu upgrade a +2 weapon?
[Thu Mar 2 19:47:37 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc depends Hannele
[Thu Mar 2 19:47:59 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc the DMG tells you how much, it changed in 3.5e depending on what you want to do
[Thu Mar 2 19:48:02 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Wow, he remembered my name :D
[Thu Mar 2 19:48:07 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Does the weapon have any other properties?
[Thu Mar 2 19:48:26 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc +1, +fire or +1, +electricity
[Thu Mar 2 19:49:32 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc what do you want to add to it??
[Thu Mar 2 19:49:38 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc another +1?
[Thu Mar 2 19:49:57 2006] : (1) DM: ooc 10,000 gp to make it +2.
[Thu Mar 2 19:50:21 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc It'll have to wait for now then
[Thu Mar 2 19:50:44 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc I can let you knoe later what I want Dave
[Thu Mar 2 19:51:08 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you'll have to let me know now if you want to use it today.
[Thu Mar 2 19:52:19 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc OK
[Thu Mar 2 19:55:39 2006] : (1) DM: ooc did I ever calculate the loot from the dragon/witch encounter?
[Thu Mar 2 19:56:32 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc I wasn't around then, so I don't care, but I don't think that you did
[Thu Mar 2 19:56:43 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc I dont know, but I've just remembered I never finished my scroll choice from the city
[Thu Mar 2 19:57:21 2006] : (1) DM: ooc it would have been some 15,000 gp in coins and gems.
[Thu Mar 2 19:58:25 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Make that 16,000 to divide, lessen the party loot a bit?
[Thu Mar 2 19:58:35 2006] : (1) DM: ooc k.
[Thu Mar 2 19:58:51 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc Huerney's wen with him then I guess
[Thu Mar 2 19:59:36 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc brb
[Thu Mar 2 19:59:43 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc so we get another 4k?
[Thu Mar 2 20:00:12 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes
[Thu Mar 2 20:00:13 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Yep
[Thu Mar 2 20:03:05 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc err, no his gear went with him to the plane
[Thu Mar 2 20:03:46 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc although I guess his gold was in his bag of holding onthe horse
[Thu Mar 2 20:03:55 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I assumed Bert was referring to his 1/4 share of the 16k.
[Thu Mar 2 20:04:40 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc yep
[Thu Mar 2 20:05:41 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc so there's another 6598gp to share between the 3 of you
[Thu Mar 2 20:05:52 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc including his 4000gp share
[Thu Mar 2 20:06:31 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc I'm saving up for something good DM, 7000gp doesn't go very far at this level
[Thu Mar 2 20:06:42 2006] : (1) DM: ooc k
[Thu Mar 2 20:06:46 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc so yet another 2200 each?
[Thu Mar 2 20:07:00 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Where did that come from?
[Thu Mar 2 20:07:10 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc Heurneys money
[Thu Mar 2 20:07:16 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Ah
[Thu Mar 2 20:07:31 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc well, he doesn't need it :)
[Thu Mar 2 20:08:07 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc Someone make a note that Ayhlanne has 11200gp
[Thu Mar 2 20:08:18 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc He might ask for it in a year's time, though
[Thu Mar 2 20:08:31 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc he has to find us first :P
[Thu Mar 2 20:08:33 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc I'll tell her
[Thu Mar 2 20:09:33 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc are metamagic rods any good?
[Thu Mar 2 20:09:53 2006] : (1) DM: ooc dunno. Never used one.
[Thu Mar 2 20:10:29 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc What are they supposed to do?
[Thu Mar 2 20:10:44 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc they alter spells like metamagic feats
[Thu Mar 2 20:10:51 2006] : (4) Belros: oco enlarge, extend etc
[Thu Mar 2 20:11:04 2006] : (1) DM: ooc is your penis too short?
[Thu Mar 2 20:11:21 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc lol
[Thu Mar 2 20:11:53 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc looks good to me, benefit of the feat without the higher spell slot
[Thu Mar 2 20:13:20 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc I can just about stretch to a minor Maximise one
[Thu Mar 2 20:13:49 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Maximized fireballs? Crispy!
[Thu Mar 2 20:14:04 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc yeah, and lightning bolts
[Thu Mar 2 20:14:12 2006] : (1) DM: ooc empower is ppossibly better.
[Thu Mar 2 20:15:04 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc much more expensive
[Thu Mar 2 20:15:29 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc oh no, hang on
[Thu Mar 2 20:15:43 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc that one is cheaper
[Thu Mar 2 20:16:22 2006] : (4) Belros: its either one of those, or a ring of force shield
[Thu Mar 2 20:18:45 2006] : (1) DM: ooc maximize will get you 60 damage fireballs, empowered an average of 52.5.
[Thu Mar 2 20:19:38 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc and empower will also work on MM
[Thu Mar 2 20:21:55 2006] : (1) DM: Everyone done shopping yet? (hint, hint)
[Thu Mar 2 20:22:23 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc Lesser Empower it is then
[Thu Mar 2 20:22:25 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Sure, just browsing anyway
[Thu Mar 2 20:23:13 2006] : (1) DM: After hours of trudging from shop to shop in the rain, dusk approaches.
[Thu Mar 2 20:23:40 2006] : (3) Savaric: "I need to nip to the temple for sunset"
[Thu Mar 2 20:23:54 2006] : (3) Savaric: "I'll be back in 30" minutes
[Thu Mar 2 20:24:05 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "TAke your time, we can have dinner before we leave anyway"
[Thu Mar 2 20:24:20 2006] : (3) Savaric: Savaric rushes off, then returns 30 minutes later
[Thu Mar 2 20:24:36 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc that's me repowered for the mission :D
[Thu Mar 2 20:25:50 2006] : (3) Savaric: "OK, I'm ready"
[Thu Mar 2 20:26:17 2006] : (1) DM: The map indicates a sewer entrance near to the guild hall.
[Thu Mar 2 20:26:23 2006] : (4) Belros: "That was quick"
[Thu Mar 2 20:27:10 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Is it fully dark yet, Savaric?"
[Thu Mar 2 20:27:45 2006] : (3) Savaric: "That's not important to me. I just perform my dutiess to Kord at sunset"
[Thu Mar 2 20:28:00 2006] : (3) Savaric: "I'm ready when the rest of you are"
[Thu Mar 2 20:28:10 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "No, I was thinking about whether or not it's time to go"
[Thu Mar 2 20:28:21 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna smiles at Savaric
[Thu Mar 2 20:28:23 2006] : (1) DM: The rain means it's a dark night out.
[Thu Mar 2 20:29:08 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Let's go"
[Thu Mar 2 20:29:56 2006] : (4) Belros: Belros pulls his hood tight
[Thu Mar 2 20:30:41 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna checks her bag one last time before leaving
[Thu Mar 2 20:31:21 2006] : (3) Savaric: Savaric pulls his leather cloak tightly around him
[Thu Mar 2 20:32:44 2006] : (4) Belros: "How much further?"
[Thu Mar 2 20:33:03 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna checks the map
[Thu Mar 2 20:33:04 2006] : (1) DM: A few minutes later you're in a deserted side street, there's a man hole cover in the centre of the road.
[Thu Mar 2 20:33:10 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "We're almost there"
[Thu Mar 2 20:33:21 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "And here we are"
[Thu Mar 2 20:33:53 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Gentlemen, how about a delightful trip through the city's finest sewers?"
[Thu Mar 2 20:34:11 2006] : (4) Belros: "Oh, you make it sound almost pleasant"
[Thu Mar 2 20:34:22 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Sounds pleasant as anything else I can think of in this city"
[Thu Mar 2 20:34:34 2006] : (3) Savaric: Savaric grins wryly
[Thu Mar 2 20:35:14 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Do you need light to see what you are doing?"
[Thu Mar 2 20:35:24 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "I do, yes"
[Thu Mar 2 20:36:42 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Luckily I have a lamp"
[Thu Mar 2 20:36:54 2006] : (3) Savaric: Savaric unsheathes his sword, and ducks down so his cloak covers one side, and the light shines on the manhole
[Thu Mar 2 20:37:28 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc cloak obscures one side
[Thu Mar 2 20:37:36 2006] : (4) Belros: "Belros hangs back in the sidestreet, watching"
[Thu Mar 2 20:37:56 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc I thought that was what you meant :)
[Thu Mar 2 20:38:02 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc trying to keep the light concealed from most directions
[Thu Mar 2 20:38:14 2006] : (1) DM: There's nobody else on the street and you don't hear anything other than regular city noises. And the rain of course.
[Thu Mar 2 20:38:51 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna tries to get the manhole cover off
[Thu Mar 2 20:39:20 2006] : (1) DM: ooc did you bring one of those funny tools? with the hooks on the end?
[Thu Mar 2 20:39:33 2006] : (1) DM: The man hole cover lifts off easily.
[Thu Mar 2 20:39:37 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Nope
[Thu Mar 2 20:39:58 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna looks down for a ladder
[Thu Mar 2 20:40:45 2006] : (1) DM: A rusty ladder decends into the gloom. And an unpleasant smell rises.
[Thu Mar 2 20:40:57 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Shall I go first?
[Thu Mar 2 20:41:17 2006] : (4) Belros: "Hold on. We were told it would be warded"
[Thu Mar 2 20:41:32 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Was that this hole, or the door in the sewer?"
[Thu Mar 2 20:41:41 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "The entrance to the building, not the entrance to the sewers from the street"
[Thu Mar 2 20:41:53 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Let me go first, I'm lighter"
[Thu Mar 2 20:41:58 2006] : (4) Belros: "Ahh, ok then. Lean on"
[Thu Mar 2 20:42:11 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna descends, slowly but surely
[Thu Mar 2 20:43:35 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Are you coming?"
[Thu Mar 2 20:44:01 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Sure, but I don't want to fall on you"
[Thu Mar 2 20:44:10 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Go down and move out of the way"
[Thu Mar 2 20:44:12 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "So don't fall"
[Thu Mar 2 20:44:17 2006] : (1) DM: The sewer is about 10 ft in diameter and there's approximately 2 ft of water in the bottom. It's flowing quite swiftly, presumably from all the rain.
[Thu Mar 2 20:44:32 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Have you any idea how much this armour weighs?"
[Thu Mar 2 20:44:54 2006] : (3) Savaric: "It's no picnic wearing it and climbing either up or down"
[Thu Mar 2 20:45:50 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "You should take a look at the kind of armour I'm wearing, I hardly notice I have it on"
[Thu Mar 2 20:46:02 2006] : (3) Savaric: Savaric sheathes his sword, then sets about putting his shield on his back
[Thu Mar 2 20:46:23 2006] : (4) Belros: "How can you move with all that stuff on you?"
[Thu Mar 2 20:46:27 2006] : (3) Savaric: "My fighting style puts me in the line of attack, I need something more substantial"
[Thu Mar 2 20:46:35 2006] : (4) Belros: Belros shakes his head
[Thu Mar 2 20:46:47 2006] : (3) Savaric: "I'm pretty strong, but it's a bit unweildy at times"
[Thu Mar 2 20:47:03 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna looks at her breastplate and smiles
[Thu Mar 2 20:47:07 2006] : (3) Savaric: Savaric follows Anna down
[Thu Mar 2 20:47:22 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc unwieldy
[Thu Mar 2 20:47:24 2006] : (1) DM: The water sloshes and gurlgles about your feet.
[Thu Mar 2 20:47:34 2006] : (3) Savaric: "OK Belros"
[Thu Mar 2 20:47:49 2006] : (4) Belros: Belros waits til Savaric is down before getting on the ladder and pulling the cover back into place
[Thu Mar 2 20:47:53 2006] : (4) Belros: Belros waits til Savaric is down before getting on the ladder and pulling the cover back into place
[Thu Mar 2 20:48:24 2006] : (3) Savaric: Savaric re fixes his shield, then draws his sword
[Thu Mar 2 20:48:26 2006] : (4) Belros: tap tap tap tap down the steps I go
[Thu Mar 2 20:48:27 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna puth her ace in her backpack and lights a lantern
[Thu Mar 2 20:48:30 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Ah, light!"
[Thu Mar 2 20:48:33 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: axe
[Thu Mar 2 20:49:16 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "I can't check for traps if I can't see anything. Which guild first then? Wool of mining?"
[Thu Mar 2 20:49:24 2006] : (1) DM: The wall are green with slime an drun with water and drips fall from the ceiling.
[Thu Mar 2 20:49:48 2006] : (4) Belros: "Mining. If we do the wool one first they may interfere with our 'Mining Operation' "
[Thu Mar 2 20:50:35 2006] : (1) DM: The entrance is a short distance to the north.
[Thu Mar 2 20:50:52 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Mining it is then"
[Thu Mar 2 20:51:05 2006] : (1) DM: Up ahead you can just about see another rusty ladder
[Thu Mar 2 20:51:12 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna leads the way, checking for traps all the time
[Thu Mar 2 20:51:12 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Anna, isn't my sword bright enough?"
[Thu Mar 2 20:51:21 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Search Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [19,15] = (34)
[Thu Mar 2 20:51:54 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "I prefer to be able to direct the light where I need it, Savaric"
[Thu Mar 2 20:52:15 2006] : (1) DM: You find only slime and cold water on the way.
[Thu Mar 2 20:52:23 2006] : (3) Savaric: "OK, I'll be the general light that attracts the fire then. Like moths to a falme"
[Thu Mar 2 20:52:27 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc flame
[Thu Mar 2 20:52:31 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Oooh, nice :D
[Thu Mar 2 20:53:15 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Where has that entrance gone, now?"
[Thu Mar 2 20:53:27 2006] : (4) Belros: "I assume they wouldn't ward the general sewer area in case maintenance crews trigger it"
[Thu Mar 2 20:53:52 2006] : (1) DM: You're standing next to another rusty ladder going upwards.
[Thu Mar 2 20:53:58 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Better safe than sorry, esoecially when we're getting close"
[Thu Mar 2 20:54:17 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Could this be it?"
[Thu Mar 2 20:54:22 2006] : (1) DM: As you look up you see a brightly glowing rune on the underside of the man hole cover above you.
[Thu Mar 2 20:54:32 2006] : (4) Belros: "Ahhh"
[Thu Mar 2 20:54:50 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Looks likw we found it"
[Thu Mar 2 20:54:56 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna moves her wrist and the lantern disappears
[Thu Mar 2 20:55:21 2006] : (4) Belros: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+13] -> [7,13] = (20)
[Thu Mar 2 20:55:45 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna climbs the ladder, pauses when she reaches the top and the lantern reappears in her hand, still burning
[Thu Mar 2 20:55:55 2006] : (3) Savaric: Savaric holds up his sword for light
[Thu Mar 2 20:56:00 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Search Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [1,15] = (16)
[Thu Mar 2 20:56:07 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [13,5] = (18)
[Thu Mar 2 20:56:21 2006] : (1) DM: *BONG* *BONG* *BONG*
[Thu Mar 2 20:56:35 2006] : (4) Belros: "Argh"
[Thu Mar 2 20:56:43 2006] : (1) DM: A loud bonging of a bell can be heard from the other side of the manhole cover.
[Thu Mar 2 20:56:58 2006] : (4) Belros: "Get back down!"
[Thu Mar 2 20:57:31 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna gets back down, after letting the lantern disappear again
[Thu Mar 2 20:57:36 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "What is wrong?"
[Thu Mar 2 20:57:47 2006] : (4) Belros: "You set off the ward"
[Thu Mar 2 20:57:48 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Umm, do you think that they know we're here?"
[Thu Mar 2 20:58:08 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "I never even touched it"
[Thu Mar 2 20:58:42 2006] : (3) Savaric: "So what do we do now?"
[Thu Mar 2 20:58:44 2006] : (4) Belros: "You were in the area. That can be enough"
[Thu Mar 2 20:59:05 2006] : (4) Belros: "Lets hide a bit and see if anyone comes to investigate"
[Thu Mar 2 20:59:12 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "We get to the other mancover again and disappear for a while?"
[Thu Mar 2 20:59:26 2006] : (1) DM: The ringing stops.
[Thu Mar 2 20:59:45 2006] : (3) Savaric: "They might think that the heavy rains set it off?"
[Thu Mar 2 21:00:00 2006] : (4) Belros: "At the top of a ladder?"
[Thu Mar 2 21:00:37 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Rats? Sewer monkeys?"
[Thu Mar 2 21:01:27 2006] : (3) Savaric: "I was just expressing a hope. If even a vain one"
[Thu Mar 2 21:02:18 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "So where do we hide?"
[Thu Mar 2 21:03:04 2006] : (3) Savaric: "For myself, it would have to be far away. I don't hide well"
[Thu Mar 2 21:03:22 2006] : (4) Belros: "Well lets get out of sight of the cover at least"
[Thu Mar 2 21:03:33 2006] : (3) Savaric: "We can wait and see what happens, or just go for it and go through"
[Thu Mar 2 21:04:52 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Let's wait 5 minutes and if notihing happens we go through"
[Thu Mar 2 21:05:03 2006] : (4) Belros: "I wouldn't fancy setting off that Rune. It hints at causing a deal of pain"
[Thu Mar 2 21:05:19 2006] : (3) Savaric: Savaric retreats back a abit
[Thu Mar 2 21:06:35 2006] : (4) Belros: Belros listens for company
[Thu Mar 2 21:06:38 2006] : (4) Belros: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [11,3] = (14)
[Thu Mar 2 21:06:49 2006] : (1) DM: *drip, drip*
[Thu Mar 2 21:06:50 2006] : (3) Savaric: Savaric waits and listens too
[Thu Mar 2 21:06:59 2006] : (3) Savaric: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20-7] -> [13,-7] = (6)
[Thu Mar 2 21:07:01 2006] : (3) Savaric: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21)
[Thu Mar 2 21:07:14 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna waits and listens
[Thu Mar 2 21:07:16 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [2,10] = (12)
[Thu Mar 2 21:07:22 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc move silently was accidental
[Thu Mar 2 21:07:25 2006] : (1) DM: There's no other sounds except the clanking of Savric's armour.
[Thu Mar 2 21:08:28 2006] : (1) DM: ooc btw, rogues can attempt to disable symbols.
[Thu Mar 2 21:08:54 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Like with Disable device?
[Thu Mar 2 21:08:59 2006] : (1) DM: How long are you waiting?
[Thu Mar 2 21:09:04 2006] : (1) DM: ooc yes.
[Thu Mar 2 21:09:06 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: 5 minutes
[Thu Mar 2 21:09:35 2006] : (1) DM: 5 minutes pass and nothing happens. Except your feet get colder.
[Thu Mar 2 21:09:40 2006] : (1) DM: And wetter.
[Thu Mar 2 21:10:21 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "I'll try and disable it, you never know, I might get lucky"
[Thu Mar 2 21:10:30 2006] : (4) Belros: "I'll try a dispell first"
[Thu Mar 2 21:11:02 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Can you try that from here?"
[Thu Mar 2 21:11:24 2006] : (4) Belros: "Probably best from the base of the ladder"
[Thu Mar 2 21:12:04 2006] : (4) Belros: Belros casts Dispel Magic at the cover
[Thu Mar 2 21:12:28 2006] : (1) DM: Dispell magic roll.
[Thu Mar 2 21:12:39 2006] : (1) DM: ooc 1d20+10 I think
[Thu Mar 2 21:12:54 2006] : (4) Belros: [1d20+10] -> [6,10] = (16)
[Thu Mar 2 21:13:27 2006] : (1) DM: The rune remains undimmed.
[Thu Mar 2 21:14:01 2006] : (4) Belros: "Gah, that didn't work"
[Thu Mar 2 21:14:16 2006] : (4) Belros: "Ok then, your turn"
[Thu Mar 2 21:15:12 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Right, here I go"
[Thu Mar 2 21:15:20 2006] : (1) DM: Climbing up the ladder again?
[Thu Mar 2 21:15:21 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna climbs the ladder again, pausing a bit earlier this time
[Thu Mar 2 21:15:33 2006] : (1) DM: Half way up the ladder....
[Thu Mar 2 21:15:39 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Yep
[Thu Mar 2 21:15:47 2006] : (1) DM: Okay.
[Thu Mar 2 21:16:04 2006] : (1) DM: You can't reach the man hole from where you are of course.
[Thu Mar 2 21:16:13 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna produces a light and takes a good hard look at the symbol
[Thu Mar 2 21:16:43 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: (Taking 20 on Search)
[Thu Mar 2 21:17:08 2006] : (1) DM: ooc which is...?
[Thu Mar 2 21:17:19 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc +15, resulting in 35
[Thu Mar 2 21:17:46 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Should give me some indication of what it looks like ;)
[Thu Mar 2 21:17:54 2006] : (1) DM: Well, you find the symbol (it is glowing after all).
[Thu Mar 2 21:18:20 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna tries to disable it
[Thu Mar 2 21:18:22 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Disable Device Skill Check: [1d20+17] -> [16,17] = (33)
[Thu Mar 2 21:18:26 2006] : (1) DM: You can't reach it.
[Thu Mar 2 21:18:45 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Awww
[Thu Mar 2 21:18:46 2006] : (1) DM: Not unless you climb the ladder some more.
[Thu Mar 2 21:18:58 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Which I do, then
[Thu Mar 2 21:19:06 2006] : (1) DM: *BONG* *BONG* *BONG*
[Thu Mar 2 21:19:25 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna tries to disable the symbol
[Thu Mar 2 21:19:34 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Is that your roll, DM?
[Thu Mar 2 21:19:36 2006] : (1) DM: The rune fades.
[Thu Mar 2 21:19:57 2006] : (1) DM: But the alarm continues ringing.
[Thu Mar 2 21:20:26 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Are you coming up or do I get down until the racket stops?"
[Thu Mar 2 21:20:26 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Where the hell is that alarm sound coming from?"
[Thu Mar 2 21:20:44 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Well, we're here now"
[Thu Mar 2 21:20:52 2006] : (1) DM: It's coming from above the man hole.
[Thu Mar 2 21:21:06 2006] : (4) Belros: "We may as well go on in"
[Thu Mar 2 21:21:11 2006] : (3) Savaric: "I imagine the racket will happen every time we go up the ladder"
[Thu Mar 2 21:21:32 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Anna, did you check the ladder for alarms?"
[Thu Mar 2 21:21:56 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "I'll get down anyway, let Savaric go first. I'll check for alarms on my way down"
[Thu Mar 2 21:22:05 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Search Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [19,15] = (34)
[Thu Mar 2 21:22:51 2006] : (1) DM: Despite your careful inspection of the shaft and ladder you detect nothing unusual.
[Thu Mar 2 21:23:05 2006] : (1) DM: The ringing stops again.
[Thu Mar 2 21:23:21 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Right, up I go"
[Thu Mar 2 21:23:56 2006] : (3) Savaric: Savaric moves up the ladder and pushes on the manhole cover
[Thu Mar 2 21:23:58 2006] : (1) DM: ooc *sigh*
[Thu Mar 2 21:23:58 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "If that ladder is trapped, I can't see it"
[Thu Mar 2 21:24:04 2006] : (1) DM: *BONG* *BONG* *BONG*
[Thu Mar 2 21:24:24 2006] : (1) DM: The man hole cover won't open.
[Thu Mar 2 21:24:37 2006] : (1) DM: It's firmly closed and won't budge.
[Thu Mar 2 21:24:40 2006] : (3) Savaric: Savaric climbs down
[Thu Mar 2 21:24:48 2006] : (3) Savaric: "I can't shift it"
[Thu Mar 2 21:25:11 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Maybe they put something heavy on top, or maybe when the alarm goes off, it locks"
[Thu Mar 2 21:25:34 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Whatever it is, something is still setting that alarm off when you go up the ladder"
[Thu Mar 2 21:25:39 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Or maybe it locks anyway. Right, here I go again"
[Thu Mar 2 21:25:47 2006] : (4) Belros: Int check: [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
[Thu Mar 2 21:25:54 2006] : (4) Belros: "I'm starting to think we should just find a comfy seat in a tavern and have a nice ale"
[Thu Mar 2 21:26:11 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna climbs until just before the point the alarm went off in the past
[Thu Mar 2 21:26:53 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna checks every part of the ladder and wall before and above her, without moving
[Thu Mar 2 21:27:01 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Search Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [8,15] = (23)
[Thu Mar 2 21:27:01 2006] : (1) DM: ooc actually, everyone has experience with magic. so Savric and Anna roll int checks.
[Thu Mar 2 21:27:15 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Int check: [1d20+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
[Thu Mar 2 21:27:25 2006] : (4) Belros: "Had I known this morning that we would be infiltrating a building, I would have learnt more instances of Dispel"
[Thu Mar 2 21:27:25 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc That's bad
[Thu Mar 2 21:27:44 2006] : (3) Savaric: Int check: [1d20+1] -> [19,1] = (20)
[Thu Mar 2 21:28:14 2006] : (4) Belros: Belros bangs his head against a wall
[Thu Mar 2 21:29:46 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "We'll get there, it might just take a bit longer than expected"
[Thu Mar 2 21:29:50 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Umm, Belros, can you detect any magic on the ladder area?"
[Thu Mar 2 21:29:58 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Or the manhole"
[Thu Mar 2 21:30:16 2006] : (4) Belros: "Well, yes"
[Thu Mar 2 21:30:24 2006] : (4) Belros: Belros does so
[Thu Mar 2 21:30:25 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I hope you're all kicking yourselves at this point... :P
[Thu Mar 2 21:30:41 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc Savaric knows little of aracne traps :P
[Thu Mar 2 21:30:46 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc arcane
[Thu Mar 2 21:31:12 2006] : (4) Belros: Keep concentrating...
[Thu Mar 2 21:31:29 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Why didn't I think of that? Why do I only think of practical tangible traps, even though I prayer for Detect magic this morning?"
[Thu Mar 2 21:31:52 2006] : (4) Belros: "There are 2 spells left"
[Thu Mar 2 21:32:36 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "So the alram will go ogg another 2 times?"
[Thu Mar 2 21:32:39 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: off
[Thu Mar 2 21:32:46 2006] : (4) Belros: "Multiple wards on top of each other??"
[Thu Mar 2 21:33:01 2006] : (1) DM: Spell craft check Belros.
[Thu Mar 2 21:33:08 2006] : (4) Belros: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+14] -> [15,14] = (29)
[Thu Mar 2 21:33:35 2006] : (4) Belros: "Hmmm"
[Thu Mar 2 21:34:37 2006] : (4) Belros: "Simple Alarm and Lock spells"
[Thu Mar 2 21:35:11 2006] : (3) Savaric: "I am not able to dispel"
[Thu Mar 2 21:35:13 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Belros, you can look in the DMG for details on the spells they're simple so you'd be familiar with both of them.
[Thu Mar 2 21:35:34 2006] : (4) Belros: "I cannot prevent the Alarm from sounding, but I do have a Knock scroll that can disable the lock temporarily"
[Thu Mar 2 21:35:42 2006] : (1) DM: ooc brb
[Thu Mar 2 21:36:35 2006] : (4) Belros: Belros casts the Knock scroll on the cover
[Thu Mar 2 21:36:51 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc brb
[Thu Mar 2 21:37:07 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Right well I'd better go and hope that there's not a large reception party"
[Thu Mar 2 21:37:27 2006] : (3) Savaric: Savaric climbs up and lifts the manhole cover
[Thu Mar 2 21:37:35 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "If there is, they're probably bored stiff by now"
[Thu Mar 2 21:37:42 2006] : (1) DM: As Savric lifts the manhole cover....
[Thu Mar 2 21:37:50 2006] : (1) DM: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Thu Mar 2 21:38:08 2006] : (1) DM: A crossbow bolt dings off his helmet
[Thu Mar 2 21:38:12 2006] : (1) DM: Roll initiative
[Thu Mar 2 21:38:39 2006] : (3) Savaric: Initiative: [1d20+1] -> [8,1] = (9)
[Thu Mar 2 21:39:13 2006] : (3) Savaric: "oww, well I think we're expected"
[Thu Mar 2 21:39:44 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+1] -> [19,1] = (20)
[Thu Mar 2 21:40:28 2006] : (1) DM: ooc initiative for everyone else too.
[Thu Mar 2 21:41:26 2006] : (4) Belros: back
[Thu Mar 2 21:41:36 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Initiative [1d20+2] -> [8,2] = (10)
[Thu Mar 2 21:41:54 2006] : (4) Belros: Initiative Belros: [1d20+5] -> [18,5] = (23)
[Thu Mar 2 21:42:15 2006] : (1) DM: Belros, your turn.
[Thu Mar 2 21:42:39 2006] : (4) Belros: I assume I can't see anything
[Thu Mar 2 21:42:59 2006] : (1) DM: No, you're still at the bottom.
[Thu Mar 2 21:43:59 2006] : (4) Belros: I'll stay there then. Delay action I guess
[Thu Mar 2 21:44:23 2006] : (1) DM: My turn.
[Thu Mar 2 21:44:28 2006] : (1) DM: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+3] -> [16,3] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
[Thu Mar 2 21:44:29 2006] : (1) DM: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] -> [5,0] = (5)
[Thu Mar 2 21:44:30 2006] : (1) DM: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+3] -> [8,3] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] -> [6,0] = (6)
[Thu Mar 2 21:44:31 2006] : (1) DM: Crossbow, light (base): [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d8+0] -> [7,0] = (7)
[Thu Mar 2 21:44:58 2006] : (1) DM: More cross bow bolt clatter against armour and stone.
[Thu Mar 2 21:45:02 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc thankfully my dex bonus is only +1
[Thu Mar 2 21:45:17 2006] : (1) DM: Anna?
[Thu Mar 2 21:45:51 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Getting my bow ready and putting the lantern down
[Thu Mar 2 21:46:21 2006] : (1) DM: Savaric?
[Thu Mar 2 21:46:49 2006] : (3) Savaric: I'll climb up into the room, looking for a space to move to
[Thu Mar 2 21:46:56 2006] : (3) Savaric: Where's free?
[Thu Mar 2 21:47:54 2006] : (3) Savaric: Savaric is more than aware that reloading a crossbow is a move equivalent action
[Thu Mar 2 21:47:54 2006] : (1) DM: The north east corner is clear, All the guards will get AoOs as you exit.
[Thu Mar 2 21:48:09 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc what with ? :D
[Thu Mar 2 21:48:31 2006] : (1) DM: The guards club you with the butts of their crossbows. (-4 for improvised weapons)
[Thu Mar 2 21:48:35 2006] : (1) DM: Longsword (base): [1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
[Thu Mar 2 21:48:35 2006] : (1) DM: Longsword (base): [1d20+4] -> [18,4] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
[Thu Mar 2 21:48:36 2006] : (1) DM: Longsword (base): [1d20+4] -> [18,4] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
[Thu Mar 2 21:48:37 2006] : (1) DM: Longsword (base): [1d20+4] -> [14,4] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
[Thu Mar 2 21:48:49 2006] : (1) DM: And they're all ineffective.
[Thu Mar 2 21:49:09 2006] : (1) DM: Savric, you can attack if you wish.
[Thu Mar 2 21:49:09 2006] : (3) Savaric: I draw my sword once up
[Thu Mar 2 21:49:22 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc no weapon drawn
[Thu Mar 2 21:49:30 2006] : (1) DM: ooc okay.
[Thu Mar 2 21:49:32 2006] : (4) Belros: oco punch?
[Thu Mar 2 21:49:44 2006] : (1) DM: Belros, you can go now, if you wish.
[Thu Mar 2 21:49:46 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc how do I keep mis-spelling ooc??
[Thu Mar 2 21:50:04 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc By trying really hard?
[Thu Mar 2 21:50:20 2006] : (1) DM: The guards are all shouting "ALarm! Alarm! Intruders in the building!"
[Thu Mar 2 21:50:23 2006] : (4) Belros: move up the ladder a bit and see whats happening
[Thu Mar 2 21:50:54 2006] : (1) DM: There's four armoured guards standing around the man hole.
[Thu Mar 2 21:51:58 2006] : (1) DM: You can cast spells at one of them if you wish, (you can see them well enough to do so.).
[Thu Mar 2 21:52:37 2006] : (4) Belros: if I summon something, can I see well enough to direct it?
[Thu Mar 2 21:53:23 2006] : (1) DM: Yes.
[Thu Mar 2 21:53:39 2006] : (4) Belros: Casts...: Flaming Sphere (dex 16DC, 10rnds) First Attack - [2d6] -> [4,2] = (6)
[Thu Mar 2 21:54:02 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc you love me summoning things dont you? :)
[Thu Mar 2 21:54:11 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc LOL
[Thu Mar 2 21:54:25 2006] : (1) DM: Reflex save: [1d20+1] -> [14,1] = (15)
[Thu Mar 2 21:54:30 2006] : (1) DM: "Arrrgh!"
[Thu Mar 2 21:54:53 2006] : (1) DM: My turn.
[Thu Mar 2 21:55:00 2006] : (1) DM: "Fall back men! Fall back!
[Thu Mar 2 21:55:48 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc wimps
[Thu Mar 2 21:55:54 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc KMAO
[Thu Mar 2 21:55:57 2006] : (1) DM: The guards retreat in good order to wards the door on the south wall.
[Thu Mar 2 21:56:07 2006] : (1) DM: The draw their longswords as they do so.
[Thu Mar 2 21:56:54 2006] : (1) DM: Two exit the room will the other two guard the door.
[Thu Mar 2 21:56:59 2006] : (1) DM: Anna?
[Thu Mar 2 21:57:13 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Climbing the ladder as well
[Thu Mar 2 21:58:04 2006] : (1) DM: Belros is still in the way.
[Thu Mar 2 21:58:28 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: I'll stop when I get to him ,then
[Thu Mar 2 21:58:51 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you could delay until Belros has gone.
[Thu Mar 2 21:59:21 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Good idea
[Thu Mar 2 21:59:36 2006] : (1) DM: Savaric?
[Thu Mar 2 22:00:15 2006] : (3) Savaric: Move to the nearest one and smack him, trying to do subdual damage
[Thu Mar 2 22:00:31 2006] : (3) Savaric: +2 Holy Bastard Sword (1st) (base): [1d20+17] -> [5,17] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d10+6] -> [10,6] = (16)
[Thu Mar 2 22:00:31 2006] : (1) DM: ooc okay, but I no not the rules for subdual damage...
[Thu Mar 2 22:01:10 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc -4 to attack
[Thu Mar 2 22:01:33 2006] : (1) DM: The guard parries your blow.
[Thu Mar 2 22:01:34 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc +2 to damage, as I'm wielding 2 handed
[Thu Mar 2 22:01:48 2006] : (1) DM: Belros?
[Thu Mar 2 22:01:55 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Look, it's better if you just drop your weapons"
[Thu Mar 2 22:02:21 2006] : (4) Belros: move up into the room and send the sphere after #1
[Thu Mar 2 22:02:35 2006] : (1) DM: Reflex save: [1d20+1] -> [19,1] = (20)
[Thu Mar 2 22:02:51 2006] : (1) DM: The guard dodges the sphere.
[Thu Mar 2 22:03:18 2006] : (1) DM: Anna?
[Thu Mar 2 22:03:27 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Climbing the ladder
[Thu Mar 2 22:03:50 2006] : (1) DM: and presumably drawing a weapon afterwards?
[Thu Mar 2 22:04:20 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Nope, trying to discern the leader and casting Hold person on him
[Thu Mar 2 22:05:07 2006] : (1) DM: The two in the room are much of a muchness, there's nothing to distinguish them rank-wise.
[Thu Mar 2 22:05:30 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: So casting on #2
[Thu Mar 2 22:05:58 2006] : (1) DM: Will save: [1d20+1] -> [6,1] = (7)
[Thu Mar 2 22:06:12 2006] : (1) DM: The guard is frozen in place.
[Thu Mar 2 22:07:02 2006] : (1) DM: The remaining guard drops his weapon and raises his hands. "Don't kill me! I have a wife and kids!"
[Thu Mar 2 22:07:44 2006] : (3) Savaric: "It's fine. We won't kill you"
[Thu Mar 2 22:07:49 2006] : (1) DM: There's a pounding of booted feet and jangling armour and then the slamming of a large, heavy door.
[Thu Mar 2 22:08:20 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Your guild is involved in some bad business"
[Thu Mar 2 22:09:07 2006] : (3) Savaric: Savaric pulls the guy out of the way and moves into the next room
[Thu Mar 2 22:09:11 2006] : (1) DM: "Not me! I'm justa guard."
[Thu Mar 2 22:09:22 2006] : (4) Belros: "That door sounded... big"
[Thu Mar 2 22:09:29 2006] : (1) DM: Ouside the door is a corridor light with torches on the walls.
[Thu Mar 2 22:10:10 2006] : (4) Belros: Belros sends the sphere down the hallway to see if it triggers anyone or anything
[Thu Mar 2 22:10:19 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Sounds *can* be deceiving, but I don't think that's the case now"
[Thu Mar 2 22:10:42 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Ah well, we wanted the cellars anyway"
[Thu Mar 2 22:11:04 2006] : (4) Belros: "I though this WAS the cellars. How much lower can they go?"
[Thu Mar 2 22:11:16 2006] : (1) DM: There are 3 doors on the north side and a set of stairs leading upwards, and two doors on the south side.
[Thu Mar 2 22:12:07 2006] : (1) DM: The south east most door is larger than the other doors and is about 8 ft high instead of 6 ft.
[Thu Mar 2 22:12:29 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "That could be the one we heard. Want to try it?"
[Thu Mar 2 22:12:45 2006] : (3) Savaric: "I guess that looks like it's the right one"
[Thu Mar 2 22:13:07 2006] : (1) DM: The sphere rolls down the hall with no effect on the stone flags.
[Thu Mar 2 22:13:08 2006] : (3) Savaric: Savaric pays the guard 10gp
[Thu Mar 2 22:13:31 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Leave via the sewers, find yourself a better employer"
[Thu Mar 2 22:14:01 2006] : (1) DM: "Uh. Thank you sir, thank you." The guard looks really surprised but does as suggested, dragging his stiff companion with him.
[Thu Mar 2 22:14:55 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Don't worry about him, he'll be fine"
[Thu Mar 2 22:15:13 2006] : (4) Belros: "You never cease to amaze me Sav"
[Thu Mar 2 22:15:27 2006] : (1) DM: 5 doors, one set of stairs. Eeny, meeny, miney, mo..
[Thu Mar 2 22:15:40 2006] : (4) Belros: "2 minutes ago that guy was trying to kill you"
[Thu Mar 2 22:16:01 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Let's get on with it"
[Thu Mar 2 22:16:07 2006] : (3) Savaric: "I just think most commoners end up in bad jobs through desperation"
[Thu Mar 2 22:16:17 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna goes to the big door and looks at it
[Thu Mar 2 22:16:21 2006] : (3) Savaric: "He's just trying to get along"
[Thu Mar 2 22:16:28 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Search Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [12,15] = (27)
[Thu Mar 2 22:16:46 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Checking for traps, locks etc.
[Thu Mar 2 22:17:24 2006] : (1) DM: Big, wooden iron-bound door with an ornate lock on it. No traps.
[Thu Mar 2 22:18:10 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna tries the door
[Thu Mar 2 22:18:18 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Is it locked?
[Thu Mar 2 22:18:22 2006] : (1) DM: A rough rumbling grumble is heard directly from the otherside of the door.
[Thu Mar 2 22:18:28 2006] : (1) DM: The door is locked, yes.
[Thu Mar 2 22:18:54 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "They're waiting for us. Do I try to open the lock?"
[Thu Mar 2 22:19:11 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Well, like I keep saying, we're here"
[Thu Mar 2 22:19:32 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna tries to pick the lock
[Thu Mar 2 22:19:41 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Open Lock Skill Check: [1d20+19] -> [14,19] = (33)
[Thu Mar 2 22:19:54 2006] : (1) DM: The lock clicks open.
[Thu Mar 2 22:20:09 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna steps back
[Thu Mar 2 22:20:18 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Savaric: after you"
[Thu Mar 2 22:20:40 2006] : (3) Savaric: "OK"
[Thu Mar 2 22:21:13 2006] : (3) Savaric: Savaric opens the door and sneaks a peek into the room
[Thu Mar 2 22:21:21 2006] : (3) Savaric: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
[Thu Mar 2 22:21:53 2006] : (1) DM: As you push the door open it bumps into something solid. The solid thing rumbles again.
[Thu Mar 2 22:22:18 2006] : (4) Belros: "I dont like that sound"
[Thu Mar 2 22:22:23 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc rumbles again?
[Thu Mar 2 22:22:43 2006] : (1) DM: To the left you see benches stacks with glassware filled with strange chemicals bubbling and frothing.
[Thu Mar 2 22:23:03 2006] : (1) DM: ooc it rumbled when Anna tried the door.
[Thu Mar 2 22:23:18 2006] : (3) Savaric: Savaric attaches his shield then steps into the room
[Thu Mar 2 22:23:29 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc It was a grumble, you said! :P
[Thu Mar 2 22:23:42 2006] : (1) DM: Unless you're 15 cm thin you can't get through the door.
[Thu Mar 2 22:24:18 2006] : (1) DM: A exasperated voice says: "Oh, take care of those intruders."
[Thu Mar 2 22:24:29 2006] : (1) DM: The door open...
[Thu Mar 2 22:24:43 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc and you never said it was only just ajar :P
[Thu Mar 2 22:24:59 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc And there we have the dreaded dots again ...
[Thu Mar 2 22:25:03 2006] : (3) Savaric: Ready an attack once I hear the voice
[Thu Mar 2 22:25:31 2006] : (1) DM: Revealing a large humanoid of stone. *Rrrrrrmmmmblle*
[Thu Mar 2 22:26:06 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Readying mo bow
[Thu Mar 2 22:26:13 2006] : (1) DM: Roll initiative
[Thu Mar 2 22:26:18 2006] : (4) Belros: Initiative Belros: [1d20+5] -> [20,5] = (25)
[Thu Mar 2 22:26:26 2006] : (3) Savaric: Initiative: [1d20+1] -> [6,1] = (7)
[Thu Mar 2 22:26:32 2006] : (1) DM: [1d20+6] -> [11,6] = (17)
[Thu Mar 2 22:26:37 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Initiative [1d20+2] -> [18,2] = (20)
[Thu Mar 2 22:27:47 2006] : (1) DM: Savaric, you get to attack it as it opens the door.
[Thu Mar 2 22:28:06 2006] : (1) DM: ooc one attack, not a full attack.
[Thu Mar 2 22:28:46 2006] : (3) Savaric: +2 Holy Bastard Sword (1st) (base): [1d20+17] -> [8,17] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d10+6] -> [6,6] = (12)
[Thu Mar 2 22:29:01 2006] : (1) DM: Not even a scratch.
[Thu Mar 2 22:29:16 2006] : (1) DM: The stone golem brings down a massive fist
[Thu Mar 2 22:29:26 2006] : (1) DM: Slam (base): [1d20+18] -> [6,18] = (24) ===> Damage: [2d10+9] -> [10,4,9] = (23)
[Thu Mar 2 22:29:27 2006] : (1) DM: Slam (base): [1d20+18] -> [16,18] = (34) ===> Damage: [2d10+9] -> [10,10,9] = (29)
[Thu Mar 2 22:29:54 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc AC = 27
[Thu Mar 2 22:30:48 2006] : (1) DM: The fist slams into you denting your armour and crusing you. (take 29 damage).
[Thu Mar 2 22:31:17 2006] : (1) DM: The sounds of spell casting can be heard from inside the room (from two seperate people).
[Thu Mar 2 22:31:28 2006] : (4) Belros: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+14] -> [2,14] = (16)
[Thu Mar 2 22:31:54 2006] : (3) Savaric: Savaric reels under the massive blow
[Thu Mar 2 22:32:06 2006] : (3) Savaric: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [12,1] = (13)
[Thu Mar 2 22:32:07 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
[Thu Mar 2 22:32:44 2006] : (1) DM: ooc well, I messes that up. It was supposed to be Belros's turn first. Oh well.
[Thu Mar 2 22:32:51 2006] : (1) DM: Belros, your turn.
[Thu Mar 2 22:33:05 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc if I set off a fireball inside the room does the golem block sav from the blast?
[Thu Mar 2 22:33:40 2006] : (1) DM: ooc no.
[Thu Mar 2 22:34:28 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Use entangle: you know you want to ;)
[Thu Mar 2 22:34:43 2006] : (4) Belros: 5ft step
[Thu Mar 2 22:34:56 2006] : (4) Belros: "Sav, DUCK"
[Thu Mar 2 22:35:28 2006] : (4) Belros: Empowered....
[Thu Mar 2 22:35:30 2006] : (4) Belros: Casts...: Fireball, causing [10d6] -> [4,3,4,2,4,5,4,6,5,3] = (40) points of damage
[Thu Mar 2 22:35:47 2006] : (1) DM: Where are you aiming it?
[Thu Mar 2 22:36:08 2006] : (4) Belros: there
[Thu Mar 2 22:36:36 2006] : (4) Belros: actully a bit further south
[Thu Mar 2 22:36:40 2006] : (1) DM: Catching both Savaric and yourself in the blast?
[Thu Mar 2 22:37:03 2006] : (4) Belros: whats a square
[Thu Mar 2 22:37:09 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc 20 ft radius
[Thu Mar 2 22:37:09 2006] : (1) DM: ooc 5 ft.
[Thu Mar 2 22:37:36 2006] : (1) DM: ooc ah. I thought it was 30 ft radius for some reason.
[Thu Mar 2 22:37:55 2006] : (1) DM: I'll need a ranged touch attack to avoid striking the golem in the way.
[Thu Mar 2 22:38:34 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc what is it? I'll write it down some day
[Thu Mar 2 22:38:53 2006] : (1) DM: ooc 1d20+bab+dex
[Thu Mar 2 22:38:55 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc d20 +bab+ dex
[Thu Mar 2 22:39:10 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Make a attack roll in your char sheet for it.
[Thu Mar 2 22:39:22 2006] : (4) Belros: [1d20+10] -> [2,10] = (12)
[Thu Mar 2 22:39:28 2006] : (3) Savaric: +2 Holy Bastard Sword: 2 handed (1st) (base): [1d20+17] -> [6,17] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d10+6] -> [8,6] = (14)
[Thu Mar 2 22:39:31 2006] : (4) Belros: arse
[Thu Mar 2 22:39:35 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc oops, sorry
[Thu Mar 2 22:39:48 2006] : (3) Savaric: Reflex save: [1d20+9] -> [12,9] = (21)
[Thu Mar 2 22:40:53 2006] : (1) DM: The fireball strikes the golem and engulfs Savaric and Belros in flames.
[Thu Mar 2 22:40:57 2006] : (4) Belros: Reflex save: [1d20+10] -> [5,10] = (15)
[Thu Mar 2 22:41:12 2006] : (1) DM: Savaric, take 20 damage.
[Thu Mar 2 22:41:22 2006] : (1) DM: Belros, take 40 damage.
[Thu Mar 2 22:41:29 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc unfortunately it's 30
[Thu Mar 2 22:41:31 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Ouch!
[Thu Mar 2 22:41:43 2006] : (4) Belros: actually x1.5
[Thu Mar 2 22:41:49 2006] : (4) Belros: so 30 and 60
[Thu Mar 2 22:41:56 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you're right, 30 and 60. Ouchers!
[Thu Mar 2 22:42:00 2006] : (4) Belros: Its been nice knowing you
[Thu Mar 2 22:42:08 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: And you
[Thu Mar 2 22:42:12 2006] : (1) DM: The golem seems unaffected by the flames.
[Thu Mar 2 22:42:15 2006] : (3) Savaric: "hot! hot! hot! hot! Aaaargh!"
[Thu Mar 2 22:42:31 2006] : (1) DM: ooc what HP are you on Belros?
[Thu Mar 2 22:42:39 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc in retrospect, entangle may have been a better choice
[Thu Mar 2 22:42:50 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc ROFL
[Thu Mar 2 22:43:19 2006] : (1) DM: Anna, your turn.
[Thu Mar 2 22:43:19 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc KMAO
[Thu Mar 2 22:43:32 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Shooting at the golem
[Thu Mar 2 22:43:42 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Bow Firebrand (1d6 fire) (base): [1d20+12] -> [2,12] = (14) ===> Damage: [1d6+1+1d6] -> [4,1,4] = (9)
[Thu Mar 2 22:43:42 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Bow Firebrand (1d6 fire) (second): [1d20+6] -> [5,6] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d6+1+1d6] -> [5,1,2] = (8)
[Thu Mar 2 22:44:04 2006] : (1) DM: The arrows ping harmlessly off it's stoney surface.
[Thu Mar 2 22:44:20 2006] : (1) Stone Golem: *Rrrrrrmmmmblle*
[Thu Mar 2 22:44:22 2006] : (1) Stone Golem: Slam (base): [1d20+18] -> [17,18] = (35) ===> Damage: [2d10+9] -> [6,7,9] = (22)
[Thu Mar 2 22:44:23 2006] : (1) Stone Golem: Slam (base): [1d20+18] -> [10,18] = (28) ===> Damage: [2d10+9] -> [9,6,9] = (24)
[Thu Mar 2 22:45:03 2006] : (1) Stone Golem: Savaric takes another heafty blow to the side. The the snapping of armour as the rivets part.
[Thu Mar 2 22:45:07 2006] : (1) Stone Golem: Take 22 damage.
[Thu Mar 2 22:45:23 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc my AC is 27
[Thu Mar 2 22:45:26 2006] : (1) Stone Golem: Another spell is cast inside the room.
[Thu Mar 2 22:45:43 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc I'm at 0 HP
[Thu Mar 2 22:45:57 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: "Let's get out of here now!"
[Thu Mar 2 22:46:06 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Wszfgl?"
[Thu Mar 2 22:46:27 2006] : (1) Stone Golem: The voice inside commands: "Guard the door! Let no one in!"
[Thu Mar 2 22:46:37 2006] : (1) DM: Savaric, your turn.
[Thu Mar 2 22:46:54 2006] : (3) Savaric: Lay On Hands: 33 HP
[Thu Mar 2 22:47:08 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc actually only 13
[Thu Mar 2 22:47:16 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Do I get an AoO?
[Thu Mar 2 22:47:41 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc if the doors open I'll do it all
[Thu Mar 2 22:47:46 2006] : (3) Savaric: and I guess so
[Thu Mar 2 22:47:57 2006] : (1) DM: Slam (base): [1d20+18] -> [17,18] = (35) ===> Damage: [2d10+9] -> [9,2,9] = (20)
[Thu Mar 2 22:48:37 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Aaargh!"
[Thu Mar 2 22:48:39 2006] : (1) DM: Savaric broken and crushed body is flung against the wall where he slumps with a clatter.
[Thu Mar 2 22:48:50 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc I'm at 13 HP
[Thu Mar 2 22:49:12 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc the AoO doesn't stop a standard action does it?
[Thu Mar 2 22:49:31 2006] : (1) DM: ooc 0 + 13 - 20 = -7.
[Thu Mar 2 22:50:03 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc I said, if the door's still open I'll do it all, I thought the door was shut, I healed 33 HP
[Thu Mar 2 22:50:38 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc I was aving some for Belros
[Thu Mar 2 22:50:53 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I'll let that slide this time. I never said the door was closed though so I can't think why you'd think it so.
[Thu Mar 2 22:51:29 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I wouldn't have misunderstood if you used apostrophes properly!
[Thu Mar 2 22:51:43 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc :P
[Thu Mar 2 22:51:50 2006] : (1) DM: ooc "if the door *is* open i'll do it all"
[Thu Mar 2 22:52:24 2006] : (1) DM: Savaric, are you moving or attacking?
[Thu Mar 2 22:52:45 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc Done, only had a partial action
[Thu Mar 2 22:53:07 2006] : (1) DM: Belros? Are you all crispy? Or just dying?
[Thu Mar 2 22:53:52 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc oh you have no idea just how dead I am
[Thu Mar 2 22:54:16 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc Interesting use of your new toy by the way ;P
[Thu Mar 2 22:54:27 2006] : (1) DM: ooc that is correct. For the purposes of future humuliation please tell me how few HP you have.
[Thu Mar 2 22:54:30 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc KMAO
[Thu Mar 2 22:54:35 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc I'd be dead even without it
[Thu Mar 2 22:54:41 2006] : (4) Belros: -24
[Thu Mar 2 22:54:50 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Heh. Oops.
[Thu Mar 2 22:54:54 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc nah, you'd be dying
[Thu Mar 2 22:55:00 2006] : (1) DM: Anna, your turn.
[Thu Mar 2 22:55:01 2006] : (4) Belros: ooc correct, dying
[Thu Mar 2 22:55:08 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Run Anna"
[Thu Mar 2 22:55:13 2006] : (3) Savaric: "Save yourself"
[Thu Mar 2 22:55:14 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Checking Belros
[Thu Mar 2 22:55:21 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [15,7] = (22)
[Thu Mar 2 22:55:40 2006] : (1) DM: Charred. Not a whole lot you can do. Except maybe some barbecue sauce.
[Thu Mar 2 22:55:50 2006] : (3) Savaric: ooc eewww!
[Thu Mar 2 22:55:58 2006] : (1) DM: Now I believe it's my turn. Oh dear.
[Thu Mar 2 22:56:08 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: A girl still has to make sure
[Thu Mar 2 22:56:09 2006] : (1) Stone Golem: Brace yourself Savaric.
[Thu Mar 2 22:56:12 2006] : (1) Stone Golem: Slam (base): [1d20+18] -> [20,18] = (38) ===> Damage: [2d10+9] -> [2,4,9] = (15)
[Thu Mar 2 22:56:12 2006] : (1) Stone Golem: Critical hit? [1d20+18] -> [9,18] = (27) ===> Damage: [4d10+18] -> [4,6,10,1,18] = (39)
[Thu Mar 2 22:56:14 2006] : (1) Stone Golem: Slam (base): [1d20+18] -> [12,18] = (30) ===> Damage: [2d10+9] -> [2,9,9] = (20)
[Thu Mar 2 22:56:51 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: ooc Brace yourself? For a tornado?
[Thu Mar 2 22:57:08 2006] : (3) Savaric: Savaric looks like a split tin of tomatoes
[Thu Mar 2 22:57:09 2006] : (1) Stone Golem: With a screetch of tortured metal, Savaric is pumpled into a bloody heap of tangled metal and bone.
[Thu Mar 2 22:57:23 2006] : (1) Stone Golem: Pummeled.
[Thu Mar 2 22:57:53 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Anna turns and runs
[Thu Mar 2 22:57:57 2006] : (1) DM: Anna, seeing as you're the only one left...
[Thu Mar 2 22:58:34 2006] : (1) DM: Exiting via the sewers?
[Thu Mar 2 22:58:42 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: Yep, and fast
[Thu Mar 2 22:58:46 2006] : (1) DM: Leaving everyone else behind?
[Thu Mar 2 22:58:57 2006] : (1) DM: Well, everyone's corpse.
[Thu Mar 2 22:59:17 2006] : (2) Eiltranna: One is charred, the other one is split, what others?
[Thu Mar 2 22:59:42 2006] : (1) DM: You escape safely into the night.
[Thu Mar 2 22:59:46 2006] : (1) DM: GAME END.