Contents / PnP Stuff / Logs / DMed - 02 February 2006

[Thu Feb 2 19:29:29 2006] : (1) DM: GAME START
[Thu Feb 2 19:30:15 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc actually, we probably all did?
[Thu Feb 2 19:30:25 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc are the others all with us on their horses, or do we assume that they sneaked past the guards?
[Thu Feb 2 19:30:48 2006] : (1) DM: ooc let's assume everyone charged past on their horses.
[Thu Feb 2 19:31:07 2006] : (5) Belros: ooc yay, go virtual us!
[Thu Feb 2 19:31:12 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc LOL
[Thu Feb 2 19:31:20 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric looks back to see that everyone cleared the barrier ok
[Thu Feb 2 19:31:31 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Wow, that was something"
[Thu Feb 2 19:31:40 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I believe they didn't expect that :)
[Thu Feb 2 19:31:43 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Onwards. There are miners under the opression of this cartel!"
[Thu Feb 2 19:31:49 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "Nort very subtle, but we're all here"
[Thu Feb 2 19:31:52 2006] : (1) DM: The guards are shouting and shaking their fists but make no moves towards you.
[Thu Feb 2 19:32:36 2006] : (1) DM: Riding up the track?
[Thu Feb 2 19:33:13 2006] : (2) Savaric: yup
[Thu Feb 2 19:33:31 2006] : (5) Belros: "Oppressed Miners? Sounds... interesting"
[Thu Feb 2 19:34:06 2006] : (5) Belros: "So what are we going to do?"
[Thu Feb 2 19:34:29 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Basically, probably wait until night to see what this is really about"
[Thu Feb 2 19:34:54 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I don't much care about what's in the mines, other than miners who are being held up here to work against their will"
[Thu Feb 2 19:34:58 2006] : (5) Belros: "Why wait until night? We didn't exactly sneak in undetected?"
[Thu Feb 2 19:34:58 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "Wait? Everybody knows we're here!"
[Thu Feb 2 19:35:07 2006] : (2) Savaric: "But apparently there's something bad up here"
[Thu Feb 2 19:35:29 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Err, anna, everyone back there knows, not up ahead"
[Thu Feb 2 19:35:52 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "And how long before somebody tells on us?"
[Thu Feb 2 19:35:55 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I don't think we should wait"
[Thu Feb 2 19:36:14 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I was against wating before and am agaist it now"
[Thu Feb 2 19:36:32 2006] : (2) Savaric: "People mey be being hurt by whatever is up ahead"
[Thu Feb 2 19:37:47 2006] : (1) DM: After a short while you see a quarry carved into the hillside up ahead.
[Thu Feb 2 19:38:08 2006] : (5) Belros: "That looks like a good place to start"
[Thu Feb 2 19:38:21 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I thought the guards said the noise whas at night"
[Thu Feb 2 19:38:27 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I may have been mistaken"
[Thu Feb 2 19:38:52 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "Do we all go in or do I take a look first?"
[Thu Feb 2 19:38:59 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Err, I don't recall that, but maybe you are right"
[Thu Feb 2 19:39:22 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I can be a bit impetuous when I believe that people are being taken advantage of"
[Thu Feb 2 19:39:25 2006] : (1) DM: Numerous mining contraptions and wagons sit in the quarry floor and you can see the entrance to the mine.
[Thu Feb 2 19:39:54 2006] : (1) DM: There are some guards standing around looking inwards at the mine entrance.
[Thu Feb 2 19:40:25 2006] : (1) DM: Other people are operating mining machinery and hauling carts laden with ore.
[Thu Feb 2 19:40:29 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Maybe we should play this as ifwe have been sent up here"
[Thu Feb 2 19:40:45 2006] : (5) Belros: "Good idea. They couldn't know about us yet"
[Thu Feb 2 19:41:20 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I'm not particularly good at lying"
[Thu Feb 2 19:41:37 2006] : (5) Belros: "Slow down. We dont want to look suspicious"
[Thu Feb 2 19:41:58 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric slows Patsy to a canter
[Thu Feb 2 19:42:04 2006] : (5) Belros: ooc patsy??
[Thu Feb 2 19:42:11 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "So don't speak and therby don't lie"
[Thu Feb 2 19:42:20 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc my fiery steed, with cocnuts
[Thu Feb 2 19:42:23 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne slows down as well
[Thu Feb 2 19:42:29 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc coconuts
[Thu Feb 2 19:43:01 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna stays in the middle of the party
[Thu Feb 2 19:43:27 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc burn her!
[Thu Feb 2 19:43:37 2006] : (1) DM: As you approach one of the guards spots you shouts a warning.
[Thu Feb 2 19:43:50 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne halts
[Thu Feb 2 19:44:01 2006] : (1) DM: 4 guards turn towards you and a fifth man joins them.
[Thu Feb 2 19:44:05 2006] : (5) Belros: Belros rides on casually
[Thu Feb 2 19:44:23 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna stops and waits
[Thu Feb 2 19:44:27 2006] : (1) DM: The fifth man is rather fat and is obviously no a fighting man.
[Thu Feb 2 19:44:34 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne follows Belros
[Thu Feb 2 19:44:51 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric halts and has Patsy rear so that his holy livery is visible
[Thu Feb 2 19:45:03 2006] : (2) Savaric: Ride Skill Check: [1d20+16] -> [18,16] = (34)
[Thu Feb 2 19:45:39 2006] : (5) Belros: Belros waves to the guards
[Thu Feb 2 19:45:41 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric follows the others
[Thu Feb 2 19:45:54 2006] : (1) Foreman: "Oi! You ain't allowed here. Be off with you....er... Lord." he adds taken back by the sight of the paladin.
[Thu Feb 2 19:46:31 2006] : (1) Foreman: "Um... Are ye from the guild house? Here about the 'problem'?"
[Thu Feb 2 19:46:37 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna makes sure her holy symbol shows
[Thu Feb 2 19:46:49 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "We are problem solvers, yes"
[Thu Feb 2 19:46:54 2006] : (5) Belros: "I think problem is such a nasty word"
[Thu Feb 2 19:47:44 2006] : (1) Foreman: "Oh right. Only I wasn't expecting anyone for two more days." (he frowns slightly)
[Thu Feb 2 19:48:07 2006] : (5) Belros: "Well we were already in the area"
[Thu Feb 2 19:48:13 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "We happened to be in the neighbourhood"
[Thu Feb 2 19:48:18 2006] : (1) Foreman: "You have papers?"
[Thu Feb 2 19:48:39 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne stays put
[Thu Feb 2 19:48:54 2006] : (5) Belros: "Papers? "
[Thu Feb 2 19:49:27 2006] : (1) Foreman: "Ye do have orders from the guild, right?"
[Thu Feb 2 19:49:39 2006] : (2) Savaric: "We bring aid, not papers. We were told that this was urgent"
[Thu Feb 2 19:50:21 2006] : (1) Foreman: "Oh sure. Only I can't let you in without papers. Got to have the paperwork, ye see."
[Thu Feb 2 19:50:49 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "SO bring it here and we'll fill it in"
[Thu Feb 2 19:51:13 2006] : (5) Belros: "Since we were already in the neighbourhood we were not given any relevant paperwork"
[Thu Feb 2 19:51:46 2006] : (5) Belros: "However if we were to return to the guild and get them it will be more than a few days until we could return to solve the ... problem"
[Thu Feb 2 19:52:02 2006] : (1) Foreman: ooc what's your bluff skill, Belros?
[Thu Feb 2 19:52:16 2006] : (5) Belros: Bluff Skill Check: [1d20+0] -> [20,0] = (20)
[Thu Feb 2 19:53:20 2006] : (1) Foreman: "It not be more than half a day there an' back."
[Thu Feb 2 19:53:49 2006] : (1) Foreman: "I don't reckon you're from the guild at all. Now be off wit ye."
[Thu Feb 2 19:53:55 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Look, this problem was escalated by the temple of Kord, hence my being here. This was passed through the mining guild, who not wishing to upset the god of strength were quite keen on us coming, but gave us no paperwork"
[Thu Feb 2 19:53:56 2006] : (5) Belros: "My lord here does not like to rush"
[Thu Feb 2 19:54:21 2006] : (1) Foreman: "This is Guild property you're trespassin' on and I don't care how fancy ye look."
[Thu Feb 2 19:54:46 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "We're here to help you, but if you don't want that ..."
[Thu Feb 2 19:54:55 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna turns her pony around
[Thu Feb 2 19:54:56 2006] : (1) Foreman: ooc what's your bluff score Savaric?
[Thu Feb 2 19:54:58 2006] : (5) Belros: "I wouldn't say you are exactly a picture yourself"
[Thu Feb 2 19:55:12 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc +3
[Thu Feb 2 19:55:55 2006] : (2) Savaric: "now, now, insults are not necessary. just common sense"
[Thu Feb 2 19:56:26 2006] : (1) Foreman: (to Savaric) "Well... there's still somthin' funny 'bout you lot. Tell you what, I'll send a runner down t' Guild just to check like."
[Thu Feb 2 19:56:50 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Good. If that's how our help is welcome, I suppose we should just go back"
[Thu Feb 2 19:57:10 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne starts turning around
[Thu Feb 2 19:57:12 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "Are you coming? I've had enough of this"
[Thu Feb 2 19:57:15 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I swear on Kord. paperwork and it's users will be the death of us all"
[Thu Feb 2 19:58:03 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I am sorry, but I cannot turn around, miners are being held here against their will, and in the face of danger"
[Thu Feb 2 19:58:03 2006] : (5) Belros: Belros sighs and shakes his head
[Thu Feb 2 19:58:26 2006] : (1) Foreman: "So you ain't from the guild after all are ye. Now get orf my mine!"
[Thu Feb 2 19:58:35 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I ask you to stand aside, or I will have to restrain you and possibly hurt you in the process"
[Thu Feb 2 19:58:40 2006] : (5) Belros: ooc "get orf my laaaaaand"
[Thu Feb 2 19:58:57 2006] : (5) Belros: Belros edges his horse back a little
[Thu Feb 2 19:59:11 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne follows Belros's lead
[Thu Feb 2 19:59:24 2006] : (1) Foreman: "Uh... what?" (he looks rather startled by that)
[Thu Feb 2 19:59:34 2006] : (2) Savaric: "You heard me"
[Thu Feb 2 19:59:49 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I will nto tolerate the subjugation of others agaist their will"
[Thu Feb 2 20:00:03 2006] : (2) Savaric: These miners are not paid to face evil dangers"
[Thu Feb 2 20:00:11 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "Oh, briother"
[Thu Feb 2 20:00:14 2006] : (1) Foreman: The foreman takes a good look at all the arms and armour you all bear.
[Thu Feb 2 20:00:19 2006] : (1) Foreman: "Uh..."
[Thu Feb 2 20:00:25 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna turns her pony around again to face the guards
[Thu Feb 2 20:00:50 2006] : (1) Foreman: He mutters something. (listen checks to work out what he mutters)
[Thu Feb 2 20:00:59 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [14,7] = (21)
[Thu Feb 2 20:00:59 2006] : (2) Savaric: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15)
[Thu Feb 2 20:01:00 2006] : (5) Belros: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
[Thu Feb 2 20:01:14 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Now, I will investigate, with your assistance or without"
[Thu Feb 2 20:01:29 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [15,10] = (25)
[Thu Feb 2 20:01:39 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I will promise you that there is no monetary motive here, or wish to harm your guild"
[Thu Feb 2 20:02:03 2006] : (2) Savaric: "On that I swear, in the name of Kord"
[Thu Feb 2 20:02:49 2006] : (1) Foreman: "Uh. On the otherhand..."
[Thu Feb 2 20:02:51 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "Are we going in now or do we stay here talking the rest of the week? And there's no need to swear" Anna glares at the muttering guard
[Thu Feb 2 20:02:59 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Savaric, hold it please"
[Thu Feb 2 20:03:32 2006] : (1) Foreman: "I think I can see your paperwork right here. Looks all in order. Yes it does." (he nervous and sweating now.)
[Thu Feb 2 20:03:33 2006] : (5) Belros: Belros starts making magic like motions in the air
[Thu Feb 2 20:04:22 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Good"
[Thu Feb 2 20:04:26 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Now, fill us in"
[Thu Feb 2 20:05:50 2006] : (1) Foreman: "Uh. There's something in the older parts of the mines, the sections worked out decades ago. Lost several workers, they disappeared without a trace, And then there's the screaming and howling. Chills the blood it does."
[Thu Feb 2 20:06:20 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Any idea what it is?"
[Thu Feb 2 20:06:34 2006] : (1) Foreman: "Bloody guild says keep working, keep working. I canna work with the miners all terrified like this."
[Thu Feb 2 20:06:37 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "There is screming when no miners are missing? So who screams?"
[Thu Feb 2 20:07:04 2006] : (1) Foreman: "I don't know and don't wanna know. Just in in their and kill it whatever it is."
[Thu Feb 2 20:07:18 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Good"
[Thu Feb 2 20:07:21 2006] : (1) Foreman: ooc could it be.... Kobolds?
[Thu Feb 2 20:07:40 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc hehe, I have a few fire arrows :P
[Thu Feb 2 20:07:44 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc Kobolds in a mine? Where do you come up with something like that?
[Thu Feb 2 20:07:49 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc if so there'll be zillions of fire arrows!
[Thu Feb 2 20:08:19 2006] : (5) Belros: ooc fire arrows! droooollll
[Thu Feb 2 20:08:22 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc damn Del beat me to that one
[Thu Feb 2 20:08:53 2006] : (2) Savaric: "We will see what we can find"
[Thu Feb 2 20:09:23 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric dismounts ad puts his head to Patsy's briefly
[Thu Feb 2 20:09:37 2006] : (1) Foreman: "Leave your horses here, like. It's the shaft straight ahead. The left hand and right are the newer ones."
[Thu Feb 2 20:09:41 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne dismounts
[Thu Feb 2 20:09:42 2006] : (5) Belros: Belros dismounts
[Thu Feb 2 20:09:50 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Thank you"
[Thu Feb 2 20:10:00 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne checks her bow and swords
[Thu Feb 2 20:10:32 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna dismounts gets her bow ready
[Thu Feb 2 20:10:49 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Ok, I'm ready, let us go"
[Thu Feb 2 20:10:54 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "We've been stalled enough"
[Thu Feb 2 20:11:08 2006] : (1) Foreman: (turning away he shouts at one of the mine workers) "Bob! Get these people a birdy!"
[Thu Feb 2 20:11:45 2006] : (5) Belros: "Birdy?"
[Thu Feb 2 20:12:00 2006] : (1) Foreman: The mine worker dashes off and returns with a small cage. Inside is a yellow bird. It chirps.
[Thu Feb 2 20:12:02 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric shrugs
[Thu Feb 2 20:12:30 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Well, I guess it's not always as obscure as you think"
[Thu Feb 2 20:13:03 2006] : (5) Belros: "I was hoping for some form of transport"
[Thu Feb 2 20:13:24 2006] : (1) Foreman: "Now, no one has been down in those shafts for many a year. So's I don't know what you'll find."
[Thu Feb 2 20:13:25 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "Why do we need a bird?"
[Thu Feb 2 20:13:32 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "For the gas"
[Thu Feb 2 20:13:43 2006] : (2) Savaric: "What gas?"
[Thu Feb 2 20:13:53 2006] : (1) Foreman: "Just keep a nose out for t' firedamp."
[Thu Feb 2 20:14:09 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "The bird will know before we do"
[Thu Feb 2 20:14:27 2006] : (1) Foreman: "T' birds for t' chokedamp. Canna smell it. Kill you damn quick."
[Thu Feb 2 20:14:48 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc is this an ore mine or a coal mine?
[Thu Feb 2 20:15:00 2006] : (5) Belros: "Are you just making this up?"
[Thu Feb 2 20:15:06 2006] : (2) Savaric: "What are you minig here?"
[Thu Feb 2 20:15:22 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Is it err.. firedamp? was that the word?"
[Thu Feb 2 20:15:29 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc I think it'll be of use in any mine where the ventilation isn't up to scratch
[Thu Feb 2 20:15:34 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "He is not"
[Thu Feb 2 20:15:39 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Making that up that is"
[Thu Feb 2 20:15:44 2006] : (1) Foreman: ooc Yes, I'm fully aware that it's generally coal mines that suffer from chokedamp (CO) and firedamp (CH4) but for the purposes of this adventure this mine is plagued with all sorts of strange and unusual hazards.
[Thu Feb 2 20:15:58 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc ROFL
[Thu Feb 2 20:16:02 2006] : (5) Belros: ooc lol
[Thu Feb 2 20:16:14 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc KMAO
[Thu Feb 2 20:16:16 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "And if he's going to help us, we might want to take the help?"
[Thu Feb 2 20:16:17 2006] : (1) Foreman: "Ain't never been in mine, I guess?"
[Thu Feb 2 20:16:31 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I have"
[Thu Feb 2 20:16:34 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "I've been brought up in mines, but we never used birds"
[Thu Feb 2 20:16:35 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Let us go"
[Thu Feb 2 20:16:43 2006] : (1) Foreman: "Firedamp goes boom! Prob'ly ruin your day, like."
[Thu Feb 2 20:17:14 2006] : (5) Belros: "So what does this Firedamp smell like?"
[Thu Feb 2 20:17:33 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I have absolutely no idea about mines. Except that stuff comes out of them, and it usually one mine in one place for one type of thing, and another mine elsewhere for something different"
[Thu Feb 2 20:18:16 2006] : (1) Foreman: ooc hrm actually methane is oderless...
[Thu Feb 2 20:18:17 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Well, I guess I'll be needing this"
[Thu Feb 2 20:18:33 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc but I bet it's not pure, so it probably smells
[Thu Feb 2 20:18:49 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "So who's taking the bird then?"
[Thu Feb 2 20:18:52 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne looks a little impatient
[Thu Feb 2 20:18:54 2006] : (5) Belros: ooc it must be magical methane
[Thu Feb 2 20:19:03 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Could we just go?"
[Thu Feb 2 20:19:15 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I have my shield in one hand and my sword in the other for light"
[Thu Feb 2 20:19:25 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric gestures somewhat
[Thu Feb 2 20:20:00 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna has a bow in her hands
[Thu Feb 2 20:20:31 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Could you carry it Belros?"
[Thu Feb 2 20:20:43 2006] : (1) Foreman: ooc brb
[Thu Feb 2 20:20:58 2006] : (5) Belros: "I suppose I could, but I'll be dropping it if I have to"
[Thu Feb 2 20:21:35 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Then we're set"
[Thu Feb 2 20:21:44 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne readies her bow
[Thu Feb 2 20:22:14 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Of course"
[Thu Feb 2 20:22:24 2006] : (5) Belros: Belros readies his birdcage
[Thu Feb 2 20:22:44 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc KMAO
[Thu Feb 2 20:23:09 2006] : (1) Foreman: Entering the mine?
[Thu Feb 2 20:23:15 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Yep
[Thu Feb 2 20:23:18 2006] : (5) Belros: aye
[Thu Feb 2 20:23:47 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: yes
[Thu Feb 2 20:24:12 2006] : (2) Savaric: yeah
[Thu Feb 2 20:24:28 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "Let's be very careful. I probably should go up front, to check for traps as soon as we leave the newer part of the mine"
[Thu Feb 2 20:25:07 2006] : (1) Foreman: You follow the small rail track into the mine. After about 50 ft the tunnel splits into three. The track veers to the left where sounds of hamerring and chiselling can be heard.
[Thu Feb 2 20:25:12 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "The bird should go in front"
[Thu Feb 2 20:25:48 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "I'm not talking about scouting way in front, just me being the first in line"
[Thu Feb 2 20:25:51 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I'd not expect traps, but who knows. I guess you's also spot dangerous floors or other err tunnel like dangers"
[Thu Feb 2 20:25:59 2006] : (1) Foreman: The right leads to a similar looking passage. And in front are some smashed planks, The remants of which are still nailed to the beams on the walls.
[Thu Feb 2 20:26:22 2006] : (1) Foreman: The floor ahead is covered in dust and fallen debris.
[Thu Feb 2 20:26:27 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+14] -> [19,14] = (33)
[Thu Feb 2 20:26:32 2006] : (5) Belros: "Anna can lead, I'll keep close behind"
[Thu Feb 2 20:26:34 2006] : (1) DM: Several tracks go through the dust.
[Thu Feb 2 20:26:37 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I'd rather not lose Belros to a deadfall"
[Thu Feb 2 20:27:10 2006] : (1) DM: Small creatures scurry away from the light.
[Thu Feb 2 20:27:14 2006] : (5) Belros: "Stay close to me and you could come along for the ride"
[Thu Feb 2 20:27:23 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc I have track!"
[Thu Feb 2 20:27:28 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "Hmmm, others have been here"
[Thu Feb 2 20:27:41 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you can't all go in front.
[Thu Feb 2 20:27:56 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Didn't he say that it was where they'd been mining?"
[Thu Feb 2 20:27:58 2006] : (1) DM: The passage is wide enough to two people to walk comfortably abrest.
[Thu Feb 2 20:28:00 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Let me examine those trancks"
[Thu Feb 2 20:28:04 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [14,8] = (22)
[Thu Feb 2 20:28:24 2006] : (2) Savaric: "So do we follow the sound? Or do we guess that the planks are the right way?"
[Thu Feb 2 20:28:53 2006] : (5) Belros: "He said straight ahead"
[Thu Feb 2 20:28:56 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "He said to go straight ahead"
[Thu Feb 2 20:29:13 2006] : (5) Belros: "the old tunnels must'vebeen boarded up at some point"
[Thu Feb 2 20:29:28 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Oh, OK"
[Thu Feb 2 20:30:04 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "Ayhlanne, what about those tracks? Anything interesting?"
[Thu Feb 2 20:30:27 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Big thing"
[Thu Feb 2 20:30:32 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "And it was dragging something"
[Thu Feb 2 20:30:41 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I can't really make out what it was though"
[Thu Feb 2 20:31:12 2006] : (5) Belros: "Whatever it is, it was probably dragging a miner"
[Thu Feb 2 20:31:19 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I suppose we won't have to look for whatever is in here"
[Thu Feb 2 20:31:27 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "It will be big enough for us to see"
[Thu Feb 2 20:31:40 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "Straight on or to the right?"
[Thu Feb 2 20:32:10 2006] : (5) Belros: Belros nods towards the broken boards
[Thu Feb 2 20:33:24 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Moving ahead?
[Thu Feb 2 20:33:30 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc where do the tracks lead?
[Thu Feb 2 20:33:49 2006] : (1) DM: Straight ahead into the old mines.
[Thu Feb 2 20:34:01 2006] : (1) DM: And through the broken planking.
[Thu Feb 2 20:34:18 2006] : (5) Belros: ooc brb
[Thu Feb 2 20:35:37 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna walks on, slowly
[Thu Feb 2 20:35:56 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric stays close to Anna
[Thu Feb 2 20:35:56 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne follows
[Thu Feb 2 20:36:35 2006] : (1) DM: The passage continues straight on neither sloping up nor down.
[Thu Feb 2 20:36:44 2006] : (5) Belros: ooc back
[Thu Feb 2 20:36:57 2006] : (1) DM: The roof has been buttressed with stout timbers.
[Thu Feb 2 20:36:58 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc Making regular spot checks at +14
[Thu Feb 2 20:37:17 2006] : (1) DM: ooc k
[Thu Feb 2 20:37:41 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc Do I make them or you, DM?
[Thu Feb 2 20:38:28 2006] : (1) DM: ooc I'd suggest taking 10 or we'll be rolling all night.
[Thu Feb 2 20:39:51 2006] : (1) DM: You continue cautiously down the passage for some 200 ft
[Thu Feb 2 20:40:08 2006] : (1) DM: Where the passage branches into two.
[Thu Feb 2 20:40:39 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "Which way now?"
[Thu Feb 2 20:40:42 2006] : (1) DM: One branch continues onwards and the other heads off to the right at a slight downwards slope.
[Thu Feb 2 20:40:43 2006] : (5) Belros: "Any sign of those tracks?"
[Thu Feb 2 20:40:50 2006] : (1) DM: The tracks lead to the right.
[Thu Feb 2 20:40:51 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna takes another good look around
[Thu Feb 2 20:41:49 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "Following the tracks?"
[Thu Feb 2 20:41:51 2006] : (5) Belros: "Might as well follow them"
[Thu Feb 2 20:42:08 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Yes, and I think that down is our direction"
[Thu Feb 2 20:42:41 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna turns right and down, still keeping her eyes peeled
[Thu Feb 2 20:42:48 2006] : (1) DM: You continue downwards.
[Thu Feb 2 20:43:04 2006] : (5) Belros: Belros makes sure the birdy is still ok
[Thu Feb 2 20:43:09 2006] : (1) DM: After about 100 ft the passageway opens out into a large chamber.
[Thu Feb 2 20:43:13 2006] : (1) DM: *chirp*
[Thu Feb 2 20:43:23 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne stops
[Thu Feb 2 20:43:34 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna stops
[Thu Feb 2 20:43:38 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+14] -> [1,14] = (15)
[Thu Feb 2 20:43:44 2006] : (5) Belros: ooc bumpbumpbump
[Thu Feb 2 20:43:53 2006] : (1) DM: The ground falls away beneath you and you can see some remants of a scafold or other wooden structure.
[Thu Feb 2 20:44:15 2006] : (1) DM: The chamber is shrouded in gloom.
[Thu Feb 2 20:44:46 2006] : (5) Belros: "Hmmm "
[Thu Feb 2 20:45:01 2006] : (5) Belros: "Can you still see tracks heading anywhere?"
[Thu Feb 2 20:45:07 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Spot (+2 if Senser wielded) Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [17,10] = (27)
[Thu Feb 2 20:45:27 2006] : (1) DM: The tracks go over the edge. Either something jumped or climbed.
[Thu Feb 2 20:46:16 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: How much of a drop is it?
[Thu Feb 2 20:47:14 2006] : (1) DM: Those with darkvision or low-light vision estimate it to be around 20 ft.
[Thu Feb 2 20:47:49 2006] : (5) Belros: Belros finds a pebble and tosses it over the edge
[Thu Feb 2 20:47:57 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Quite a drop it seems"
[Thu Feb 2 20:48:05 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc doesn't someone have a ring of sustenance?
[Thu Feb 2 20:48:20 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc I have one
[Thu Feb 2 20:48:30 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc so you don't breathe then
[Thu Feb 2 20:48:52 2006] : (5) Belros: ooc creepy
[Thu Feb 2 20:48:52 2006] : (1) DM: ooc isn't it just food and water?
[Thu Feb 2 20:48:57 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc err..
[Thu Feb 2 20:49:05 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc LOL
[Thu Feb 2 20:49:57 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc I guess air isn't considered nourishment
[Thu Feb 2 20:51:11 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "Are we all going down?"
[Thu Feb 2 20:51:32 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I will need a rope"
[Thu Feb 2 20:51:49 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "So will I"
[Thu Feb 2 20:52:07 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I have one in my pack, but it's not knotted"
[Thu Feb 2 20:52:23 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "We don't need the knots. Or..do we?"
[Thu Feb 2 20:52:23 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna gets a rod out of her pack, hangs it in the air where it remains ficed and ties a knotted rope to it
[Thu Feb 2 20:52:52 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "All set"
[Thu Feb 2 20:53:20 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I'll struggle without the knots, but Anna has one readily prepared"
[Thu Feb 2 20:53:41 2006] : (1) DM: ooc a rod of whatsit?
[Thu Feb 2 20:53:43 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "It never hurts to be prepared"
[Thu Feb 2 20:53:48 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc yep
[Thu Feb 2 20:53:54 2006] : (2) Savaric: "excellent. Is that an immovable rod? I've not seen one before"
[Thu Feb 2 20:53:57 2006] : (5) Belros: ooc immovable rod
[Thu Feb 2 20:54:01 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Nice"
[Thu Feb 2 20:54:19 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "I love the way it just hangs there"
[Thu Feb 2 20:54:25 2006] : (5) Belros: "Hold on, I just need to hook this cage to my belt"
[Thu Feb 2 20:54:46 2006] : (5) Belros: "Hopefully no-one comes along and takes it. We need to get back out again"
[Thu Feb 2 20:54:51 2006] : (2) Savaric: ""Why don't we lower it down on a rope, then bring it back up..."
[Thu Feb 2 20:55:08 2006] : (2) Savaric: "If it comes up OK, we know we can breathe"
[Thu Feb 2 20:55:54 2006] : (5) Belros: "Good idea. That gas may lie in this hole"
[Thu Feb 2 20:56:13 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Then we can lower it again, and pick it up at the bottom"
[Thu Feb 2 20:56:28 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Yep"
[Thu Feb 2 20:56:32 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I just remember how stinking clouds sink into holes"
[Thu Feb 2 20:56:51 2006] : (2) Savaric: "And this stuff sounds similar enough"
[Thu Feb 2 20:56:56 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "Right, let's get on with it"
[Thu Feb 2 20:57:01 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric ties his rope to the cage
[Thu Feb 2 20:57:25 2006] : (2) Savaric: Then he lowers the bird down, lets it stay for 20 seconds and brings it up again
[Thu Feb 2 20:57:26 2006] : (1) DM: The canary regrets her choice of careers as you lower her down into the cavern. It cheeps angrily :P
[Thu Feb 2 20:57:44 2006] : (1) DM: It's still chirping as you raise the cage.
[Thu Feb 2 20:57:50 2006] : (5) Belros: Belros sticks his tongue out at it
[Thu Feb 2 20:58:05 2006] : (2) Savaric: The canary is lowered again
[Thu Feb 2 20:58:24 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Right, it's down, shall we follow?"
[Thu Feb 2 20:58:56 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "I'm not going down first, who knows who or what is waiting down there"
[Thu Feb 2 20:59:01 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Perhaps I should go first... I'd hate to fall on anyone"
[Thu Feb 2 20:59:15 2006] : (5) Belros: "Not as much as they would"
[Thu Feb 2 20:59:30 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric unlatches his shield and sheathes his sword
[Thu Feb 2 20:59:39 2006] : (2) Savaric: "All OK with that?"
[Thu Feb 2 20:59:41 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna laughs
[Thu Feb 2 20:59:53 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Yes"
[Thu Feb 2 21:00:13 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "Give us a shout when you get down and I'll follow"
[Thu Feb 2 21:00:19 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Err, maybe bring the cage up, and lower it down to me after I'm down too"
[Thu Feb 2 21:00:32 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Don't want to kill our bird"
[Thu Feb 2 21:00:43 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric descends the rope
[Thu Feb 2 21:00:47 2006] : (2) Savaric: Climb Skill Check: [1d20-4] -> [6,-4] = (2)
[Thu Feb 2 21:01:15 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc knotted rope with wall to brace against
[Thu Feb 2 21:01:43 2006] : (1) DM: Savaric, your foot slips on a loose rock and you fall and loose your grip and land with a crash on the rocky ground below.
[Thu Feb 2 21:01:50 2006] : (1) DM: Take [1d6] -> [4] = (4) falling damage.
[Thu Feb 2 21:01:59 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [11,2] = (13)
[Thu Feb 2 21:02:04 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne follows
[Thu Feb 2 21:02:11 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Ouch, not very gracious, but I'm down"
[Thu Feb 2 21:02:20 2006] : (1) DM: ooc actually Savaric makes it fine. Read the wrong paragraph, sorry.
[Thu Feb 2 21:02:50 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [17,3] = (20)
[Thu Feb 2 21:03:00 2006] : (5) Belros: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+0] -> [18,0] = (18)
[Thu Feb 2 21:03:02 2006] : (1) DM: At the bottom of the cavarn you see a rough depression in the sandy ground.
[Thu Feb 2 21:03:05 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna follows Ayhlanne
[Thu Feb 2 21:03:06 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc huh, my check is wrong, make that 3
[Thu Feb 2 21:03:22 2006] : (1) DM: ooc DC is 0, I wouldn't stress about it ;)
[Thu Feb 2 21:03:40 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric fixes his shield and unsheathes his sword
[Thu Feb 2 21:03:44 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc lol
[Thu Feb 2 21:03:44 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc LOL
[Thu Feb 2 21:03:55 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc I think I'm the only one who could fail at DC 0
[Thu Feb 2 21:03:57 2006] : (1) DM: The tracks continue into the gloom.
[Thu Feb 2 21:04:20 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna gets her bow ready and takes a good look round
[Thu Feb 2 21:04:25 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+14] -> [7,14] = (21)
[Thu Feb 2 21:04:27 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Search Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [11,15] = (26)
[Thu Feb 2 21:04:39 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Spot (+2 if Senser wielded) Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [10,10] = (20)
[Thu Feb 2 21:04:46 2006] : (5) Belros: Belros unties the bird
[Thu Feb 2 21:05:23 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric takes back his rope and stows it
[Thu Feb 2 21:06:01 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "There's blood here" Anna points at the depression and then further at the tracks
[Thu Feb 2 21:06:25 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "Whoever or whatever was dragged here is hurt"
[Thu Feb 2 21:07:35 2006] : (5) Belros: "I wouldn't hold out much hope for them still being alive"
[Thu Feb 2 21:07:50 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna walks on, checking the way at regular intervals
[Thu Feb 2 21:08:05 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne follows
[Thu Feb 2 21:08:07 2006] : (1) DM: The cavern floor slopes downwards
[Thu Feb 2 21:08:50 2006] : (1) DM: ooc belros, make a spot check.
[Thu Feb 2 21:09:00 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric stays close to Anna, ready to shield her
[Thu Feb 2 21:09:03 2006] : (5) Belros: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [9,7] = (16)
[Thu Feb 2 21:09:34 2006] : (5) Belros: "STOP!"
[Thu Feb 2 21:09:41 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne halts
[Thu Feb 2 21:09:46 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna stops
[Thu Feb 2 21:09:50 2006] : (5) Belros: Belros holds up the cage ominously
[Thu Feb 2 21:09:53 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: ""What's up?
[Thu Feb 2 21:10:02 2006] : (5) Belros: "its dead"
[Thu Feb 2 21:10:09 2006] : (1) DM: At this point your in the centre of the cavern is slopes upwards in all directions.
[Thu Feb 2 21:10:28 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "I think we'd better get a bit higher up right now"
[Thu Feb 2 21:10:38 2006] : (5) Belros: "agreed"
[Thu Feb 2 21:11:04 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "Indeed. And hold our breath, make gestures rather than talk"
[Thu Feb 2 21:11:37 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric zips it and moves towards the higher ground along with the others
[Thu Feb 2 21:11:47 2006] : (1) DM: Which way are you moving?
[Thu Feb 2 21:12:13 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Straight on
[Thu Feb 2 21:12:18 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: yes
[Thu Feb 2 21:12:24 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna runs
[Thu Feb 2 21:12:28 2006] : (1) DM: You continue onwards....
[Thu Feb 2 21:12:39 2006] : (1) DM: Make con checks.
[Thu Feb 2 21:12:47 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Con check: [1d20-2] -> [8,-2] = (6)
[Thu Feb 2 21:12:55 2006] : (5) Belros: Con check: [1d20+1] -> [1,1] = (2)
[Thu Feb 2 21:12:57 2006] : (2) Savaric: Con check: [1d20+2] -> [14,2] = (16)
[Thu Feb 2 21:13:14 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc wait, there's something very wrong here
[Thu Feb 2 21:13:16 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Con check: [1d20+2] -> [18,2] = (20)
[Thu Feb 2 21:13:19 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc Del your con is not down any more is it?
[Thu Feb 2 21:13:58 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc exactly
[Thu Feb 2 21:14:03 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: make that an 8
[Thu Feb 2 21:15:09 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I think we really need to get out of here, one way or the other. I'm not feeling well"
[Thu Feb 2 21:15:33 2006] : (5) Belros: "Ohhh, I dont feel too good. My head is hurting"
[Thu Feb 2 21:15:55 2006] : (5) Belros: Belros moves onward
[Thu Feb 2 21:15:58 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric looks at Belros and drags him up the slope
[Thu Feb 2 21:16:13 2006] : (1) DM: You reach the edge of the cavern, it's another steep wall.
[Thu Feb 2 21:16:29 2006] : (1) DM: There are gouge marks in the rock wall.
[Thu Feb 2 21:16:38 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Hopefully we're OK here for a while"
[Thu Feb 2 21:16:51 2006] : (1) DM: Another set of CON checks, please.
[Thu Feb 2 21:16:54 2006] : (5) Belros: Con check: [1d20+1] -> [3,1] = (4)
[Thu Feb 2 21:16:57 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Con check: [1d20+0] -> [12,0] = (12)
[Thu Feb 2 21:16:57 2006] : (2) Savaric: Con check: [1d20+2] -> [11,2] = (13)
[Thu Feb 2 21:17:03 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Con check: [1d20+2] -> [6,2] = (8)
[Thu Feb 2 21:17:49 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: "I am really not well"
[Thu Feb 2 21:17:53 2006] : (5) Belros: Belros braces himself against the wall
[Thu Feb 2 21:17:57 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne stumbles
[Thu Feb 2 21:18:16 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "My head hurts"
[Thu Feb 2 21:18:23 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I am beginnig to get a headache"
[Thu Feb 2 21:18:42 2006] : (2) Savaric: "are you two OK?"
[Thu Feb 2 21:18:46 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: ""What now? DO we try and climb this wall or do we return?"
[Thu Feb 2 21:19:21 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne looks in her bag and fishes a piece of cloth to cover her face with
[Thu Feb 2 21:20:10 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc not that any of us would know, but CO is a smaller molecule than O2
[Thu Feb 2 21:20:34 2006] : (2) Savaric: brb loo
[Thu Feb 2 21:20:55 2006] : (1) DM: ooc it is, I believe, more soluble in water so a damp cloth might be of some use. I'm not that sure on that though.
[Thu Feb 2 21:21:23 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [9,7] = (16)
[Thu Feb 2 21:21:50 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc how would I know that?
[Thu Feb 2 21:22:51 2006] : (1) DM: ooc amusing anecdote: On a school trip to a coal mine when at school all the teachers got a emergency breathing aparatus (gas mask type thing with a chemical filter) but not us kids. Presumably we weren't important enough...
[Thu Feb 2 21:22:58 2006] : (1) DM: ooc you wouldn't.
[Thu Feb 2 21:23:03 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc LOL
[Thu Feb 2 21:23:12 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc LOL
[Thu Feb 2 21:23:44 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ooc hehe
[Thu Feb 2 21:23:55 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: ok, then I don't know
[Thu Feb 2 21:24:11 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc Shouldn't I know?
[Thu Feb 2 21:25:25 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Anna, What's your Knowledge: Mining skill like?
[Thu Feb 2 21:25:40 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne: [1d10] -> [7] = (7)
[Thu Feb 2 21:25:44 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc If there was such a skill ...
[Thu Feb 2 21:25:47 2006] : (1) DM: ooc it's a generic knowledge: engineering or something in 3.5e I think...
[Thu Feb 2 21:26:13 2006] : (5) Belros: Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu Feb 2 21:26:28 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc Architecture and engineering perhaps in 3.0?
[Thu Feb 2 21:26:31 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering Skill Check: Untrained
[Thu Feb 2 21:27:23 2006] : (1) DM: Looks like someone failed dwarf school.
[Thu Feb 2 21:27:38 2006] : (2) Savaric: "How is everyone doing? I don't feel great, but some of you seemed to take that worse"
[Thu Feb 2 21:27:48 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc I always was more of a tinkerer
[Thu Feb 2 21:28:10 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "Just a bit of a headache"
[Thu Feb 2 21:28:38 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Perhaps we should wait here for a short time to recover"
[Thu Feb 2 21:29:02 2006] : (1) DM: Waiting here?
[Thu Feb 2 21:29:14 2006] : (5) Belros: "is it safe here?"
[Thu Feb 2 21:29:35 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc are we as high as we were before?
[Thu Feb 2 21:29:45 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne (enter): 21:29
[Thu Feb 2 21:30:03 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: Booting '(3) Ayhlanne' from server...
[Thu Feb 2 21:30:04 2006] : (3) Ayhlanne (exit): 21:30
[Thu Feb 2 21:30:07 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Gah. Crazy mouse on the loose. Must buy new one.
[Thu Feb 2 21:30:12 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: ooc crash
[Thu Feb 2 21:30:38 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc Ouch :(
[Thu Feb 2 21:30:58 2006] : (1) DM: As you stand around deciding what to do. Roll some more CON checks.
[Thu Feb 2 21:31:08 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc are we as high as we were before?
[Thu Feb 2 21:31:11 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Con check: [1d20+2] -> [15,2] = (17)
[Thu Feb 2 21:31:13 2006] : (2) Savaric: Con check: [1d20+2] -> [6,2] = (8)
[Thu Feb 2 21:31:16 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: Con check: [1d20-2] -> [11,-2] = (9)
[Thu Feb 2 21:31:20 2006] : (5) Belros: Con check: [1d20+1] -> [16,1] = (17)
[Thu Feb 2 21:31:40 2006] : (1) DM: Approximately the same hieght as where you first descended, yes.
[Thu Feb 2 21:32:06 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Whoah, headrush"
[Thu Feb 2 21:32:16 2006] : (2) Savaric: "This is great!"
[Thu Feb 2 21:32:23 2006] : (5) Belros: "You ok Sav? "
[Thu Feb 2 21:32:30 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: "Ok, now, it's getting really bad"
[Thu Feb 2 21:32:31 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "What are you talking about?"
[Thu Feb 2 21:32:41 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Umm, I think perhaps this place is not the best to stay"
[Thu Feb 2 21:32:50 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "We need to get out of here NOW!"
[Thu Feb 2 21:32:56 2006] : (5) Belros: "YES"
[Thu Feb 2 21:32:58 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I'm getting dizzy amd giddy at the same time"
[Thu Feb 2 21:33:11 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne goes up as fast as she can, halting every meter to hold her stomach
[Thu Feb 2 21:33:21 2006] : (1) DM: Cimb checks, Ayhlanne.
[Thu Feb 2 21:33:29 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [3,2] = (5)
[Thu Feb 2 21:33:56 2006] : (1) DM: About 10 ft up you foot slips and you loose your grip.
[Thu Feb 2 21:34:00 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna scrambles up as well
[Thu Feb 2 21:34:02 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
[Thu Feb 2 21:34:04 2006] : (1) DM: Take [1d6] -> [3] = (3) falling damage.
[Thu Feb 2 21:34:25 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [16,2] = (18)
[Thu Feb 2 21:34:38 2006] : (1) DM: A hand hold breaks off in your grip, Anna and you fall down. [1d6] -> [4] = (4) falling damage.
[Thu Feb 2 21:34:39 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne tries again, still feeling nauseous
[Thu Feb 2 21:34:56 2006] : (1) DM: Before your next climb attempt Ayhlanne, another CON check.
[Thu Feb 2 21:35:03 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: Con check: [1d20+0] -> [13,0] = (13)
[Thu Feb 2 21:35:05 2006] : (1) DM: ditto for Anna.
[Thu Feb 2 21:35:18 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Con check: [1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22)
[Thu Feb 2 21:35:47 2006] : (1) DM: Ayhlanne sways for a moment before crumpling up and sprawling out on the ground.
[Thu Feb 2 21:35:55 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [16,3] = (19)
[Thu Feb 2 21:36:12 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Err, that's not good... I'm fairly sure that's not good"
[Thu Feb 2 21:36:22 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Or am I sure?"
[Thu Feb 2 21:36:42 2006] : (5) Belros: ooc am I well enough to cast?
[Thu Feb 2 21:36:43 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Who says that they're sure, who was that?"
[Thu Feb 2 21:36:47 2006] : (1) DM: Anna clambers up and reaches the top. The passageway here is different from the other, roughly cut rock with no supporting beams.
[Thu Feb 2 21:37:04 2006] : (1) DM: Belros, you can cast, tes.
[Thu Feb 2 21:37:11 2006] : (1) DM: ooc tes =yes.
[Thu Feb 2 21:37:12 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna looks around for a place to attach a rope
[Thu Feb 2 21:37:57 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric looks down at Ayhlanne
[Thu Feb 2 21:38:02 2006] : (1) DM: There nothing suitable except perhaps a large rock. It might be heavy enough.
[Thu Feb 2 21:38:02 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Do I know her?"
[Thu Feb 2 21:38:25 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "I should have brought Holly's backpack, there was another rod in there. But for now, that rock will have to do"
[Thu Feb 2 21:38:42 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Hey, what are you doing on the floor?"
[Thu Feb 2 21:38:46 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna attaches another knotted rope to the rock
[Thu Feb 2 21:38:51 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Use Rope Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [2,10] = (12)
[Thu Feb 2 21:38:56 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric shakes Ayhlanne
[Thu Feb 2 21:39:00 2006] : (5) Belros: Belros slaps Sav
[Thu Feb 2 21:39:05 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: +2 for silk rope
[Thu Feb 2 21:39:14 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Ow!"
[Thu Feb 2 21:39:21 2006] : (2) Savaric: "What was that for?"
[Thu Feb 2 21:39:28 2006] : (5) Belros: "Get yourself together"
[Thu Feb 2 21:40:02 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc Can I take 10 on use rope?
[Thu Feb 2 21:40:14 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric shakes his head
[Thu Feb 2 21:40:17 2006] : (1) DM: ooc that'll take longer.
[Thu Feb 2 21:40:36 2006] : (1) DM: ooc DC for a knot is 10 so there's not much point in you taking 10.
[Thu Feb 2 21:40:44 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: ooc Yeah, you're right, no time for that
[Thu Feb 2 21:41:01 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne dreams of green prairies and dark forests
[Thu Feb 2 21:41:03 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna throws the rope down
[Thu Feb 2 21:41:30 2006] : (5) Belros: Belros ties the rop around Ahylannes waist
[Thu Feb 2 21:41:41 2006] : (5) Belros: Belros ties the rope around Ahylannes waist
[Thu Feb 2 21:41:44 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Belros, you go, I'll tie Ayhlanne on, then you can both pull her up"
[Thu Feb 2 21:41:49 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "Get the rope and climb up here!"
[Thu Feb 2 21:42:09 2006] : (1) DM: Belros and Savaric, more CON checks.
[Thu Feb 2 21:42:13 2006] : (5) Belros: Con check: [1d20+1] -> [16,1] = (17)
[Thu Feb 2 21:42:15 2006] : (2) Savaric: Con check: [1d20+2] -> [3,2] = (5)
[Thu Feb 2 21:42:46 2006] : (5) Belros: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+0] -> [20,0] = (20)
[Thu Feb 2 21:42:58 2006] : (1) DM: Belros climbs the rope to the top.
[Thu Feb 2 21:43:01 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric balks somewhat, then swallows hard
[Thu Feb 2 21:43:20 2006] : (2) Savaric: "eww, sick into my mouth"
[Thu Feb 2 21:43:41 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Pull her up, I might land on her"
[Thu Feb 2 21:44:09 2006] : (5) Belros: "Pull, Anna!"
[Thu Feb 2 21:44:11 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "Right, let's put our backs into it"
[Thu Feb 2 21:44:20 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Str check: [1d20+2] -> [12,2] = (14)
[Thu Feb 2 21:44:23 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Or maybe I'll float up to the top and strike this beastie"
[Thu Feb 2 21:44:30 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Haha, yes!"
[Thu Feb 2 21:44:32 2006] : (5) Belros: Str check: [1d20+0] -> [4,0] = (4)
[Thu Feb 2 21:44:43 2006] : (1) DM: You haul Ayhlanne up with some difficultly.
[Thu Feb 2 21:44:44 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: ooc roflmao
[Thu Feb 2 21:45:20 2006] : (2) Savaric: Better tie the rope around me in case I fly away"
[Thu Feb 2 21:45:31 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna unties Ayhlanns and throws the rope down again
[Thu Feb 2 21:45:39 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric ties his own rope around his waist
[Thu Feb 2 21:45:42 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "Savaric: get up here right now!"
[Thu Feb 2 21:45:43 2006] : (5) Belros: "Tie it round you Sav"
[Thu Feb 2 21:45:49 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric spots the rope
[Thu Feb 2 21:46:05 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I've already got one... I won't float off, don't worry"
[Thu Feb 2 21:46:39 2006] : (5) Belros: "Ready Sav?"
[Thu Feb 2 21:46:42 2006] : (1) DM: CON check Savaric
[Thu Feb 2 21:46:46 2006] : (2) Savaric: Con check: [1d20+2] -> [16,2] = (18)
[Thu Feb 2 21:46:56 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric takes the knotted rope and holds it
[Thu Feb 2 21:47:03 2006] : (2) Savaric: "OH, durr"
[Thu Feb 2 21:47:04 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "Tie that rope around you and we'll haul you up, Savaric"
[Thu Feb 2 21:47:11 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Hold on"
[Thu Feb 2 21:47:23 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric ties the second rope and starts climbing
[Thu Feb 2 21:47:28 2006] : (2) Savaric: Climb Skill Check: [1d20-4] -> [7,-4] = (3)
[Thu Feb 2 21:47:36 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Pull"
[Thu Feb 2 21:47:49 2006] : (5) Belros: "URGHHH"
[Thu Feb 2 21:47:50 2006] : (5) Belros: Str check: [1d20+0] -> [13,0] = (13)
[Thu Feb 2 21:47:55 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna starts pulling
[Thu Feb 2 21:47:57 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Str check: [1d20+0] -> [16,0] = (16)
[Thu Feb 2 21:48:38 2006] : (1) DM: You haul him up
[Thu Feb 2 21:48:49 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Err..."
[Thu Feb 2 21:49:01 2006] : (2) Savaric: I was having some very funny ideas down there"
[Thu Feb 2 21:49:02 2006] : (1) DM: Once you're all at the opt you start to feel better.
[Thu Feb 2 21:49:25 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I was thinking that I'd float off if I didn't tie myself down"
[Thu Feb 2 21:49:37 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne opens her eyes
[Thu Feb 2 21:49:39 2006] : (2) Savaric: "How is Ayhlanne?"
[Thu Feb 2 21:49:41 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "We heard"
[Thu Feb 2 21:49:49 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: ooc or not?
[Thu Feb 2 21:49:54 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Anna takes a look at Ayhlanne
[Thu Feb 2 21:50:10 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: "How are you? Feeling better now?"
[Thu Feb 2 21:50:13 2006] : (1) DM: After a few minutes Ayhlanne starts to come round.
[Thu Feb 2 21:50:24 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: "What...what happened?"
[Thu Feb 2 21:50:25 2006] : (4) Eiltranna: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [20,7] = (27)
[Thu Feb 2 21:50:29 2006] : (5) Belros: "I think we should wait here for a few minutes"
[Thu Feb 2 21:50:35 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne almost throws up"
[Thu Feb 2 21:50:38 2006] : (1) DM: The canary is still dead though.
[Thu Feb 2 21:50:44 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: ooc damn
[Thu Feb 2 21:50:48 2006] : (5) Belros: ooc lol
[Thu Feb 2 21:50:49 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Hmm, I did that too Ayhlanne"
[Thu Feb 2 21:50:49 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: ooc poor thing
[Thu Feb 2 21:51:22 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric swills his sicky mouth out with some water
[Thu Feb 2 21:51:48 2006] : (2) Savaric: "We could have done with a gust of wind, or something"
[Thu Feb 2 21:51:48 2006] : (1) DM: The tracks continue down the passage.
[Thu Feb 2 21:52:36 2006] : (5) Belros: "Not a breath of wind down here"
[Thu Feb 2 21:52:59 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne gets up
[Thu Feb 2 21:53:13 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne takes water too
[Thu Feb 2 21:53:23 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: "I suggest we be very very careful"
[Thu Feb 2 21:53:26 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I was thinking of the spell"
[Thu Feb 2 21:53:34 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Is it one that you know?"
[Thu Feb 2 21:53:40 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: "And maybe walk two in front, two far behind
[Thu Feb 2 21:53:42 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: just in case"
[Thu Feb 2 21:54:07 2006] : (5) Belros: "I never felt the need to learn it before now"
[Thu Feb 2 21:54:20 2006] : (2) Savaric: "Ayhlanne and Anna in front, one checking for tracks, the other for traps?"
[Thu Feb 2 21:54:35 2006] : (7) Eiltranna (enter): 21:54
[Thu Feb 2 21:54:48 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc are the tracks pretty obvious?
[Thu Feb 2 21:55:06 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: "Yes, and I believe Anna holds better than I do to this gas"
[Thu Feb 2 21:55:42 2006] : (7) Eiltranna: "That was just luck, I think"
[Thu Feb 2 21:55:42 2006] : (4) Eiltranna (exit): 21:55
[Thu Feb 2 21:55:55 2006] : (2) Savaric: "But maybe I should go with anna? You can stand back with your bow"
[Thu Feb 2 21:56:03 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: "OK, let us do that"
[Thu Feb 2 21:56:07 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I will be up close with my sword"
[Thu Feb 2 21:56:20 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: "If any sign of headache or anything of the kind, shout and we'll stop. And go back"
[Thu Feb 2 21:56:21 2006] : (7) Eiltranna: Anna gets her rope back before readying her bow
[Thu Feb 2 21:56:45 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc are you going first or hanging back?
[Thu Feb 2 21:56:46 2006] : (7) Eiltranna: "We shoujld be alright on higher ground, I hope"
[Thu Feb 2 21:57:12 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric unties his useless rope from his waist looking a bit embarrased
[Thu Feb 2 21:57:17 2006] : (5) Belros: "I will bring up the rear"
[Thu Feb 2 21:57:23 2006] : (2) Savaric: "What the hell was I thinking?"
[Thu Feb 2 21:57:31 2006] : (7) Eiltranna: Anna goes in front again, being careful where she steps and examining the surroundings on a regular basis
[Thu Feb 2 21:58:06 2006] : (7) Eiltranna: "At least you didn't float away, so it helped"
[Thu Feb 2 21:58:56 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: Ayhlanne stays at the back with Belros
[Thu Feb 2 21:59:06 2006] : (1) DM: Continuing down the passageway?
[Thu Feb 2 21:59:14 2006] : (2) Savaric: "OK, let's go Anna. I am right behind you"
[Thu Feb 2 21:59:17 2006] : (7) Eiltranna: Yep
[Thu Feb 2 22:00:12 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: yes
[Thu Feb 2 22:00:15 2006] : (1) DM: You move further down the passage without mishap for some 150 ft.
[Thu Feb 2 22:00:20 2006] : (1) DM: Listen checks.
[Thu Feb 2 22:00:25 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [10,7] = (17)
[Thu Feb 2 22:00:26 2006] : (2) Savaric: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21)
[Thu Feb 2 22:00:28 2006] : (5) Belros: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [17,3] = (20)
[Thu Feb 2 22:00:29 2006] : (7) Eiltranna: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [7,10] = (17)
[Thu Feb 2 22:00:49 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc nice not to have a -2 in that ;)
[Thu Feb 2 22:00:55 2006] : (1) DM: You hear a distance male voice chanting in some harsh tongue.
[Thu Feb 2 22:01:21 2006] : (2) Savaric: "I think at this point it may be worth us doing some chanting of our own"
[Thu Feb 2 22:01:31 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [3,7] = (10)
[Thu Feb 2 22:01:39 2006] : (5) Belros: belros listens carefully
[Thu Feb 2 22:02:21 2006] : (1) DM: ooc what languages do people know?
[Thu Feb 2 22:02:37 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc just firing up PC gen to check!
[Thu Feb 2 22:03:17 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: Common, Elven, Draconic, Sylvan, Celestial
[Thu Feb 2 22:03:39 2006] : (2) Savaric: ooc common and celestial
[Thu Feb 2 22:03:45 2006] : (5) Belros: "It sounds like a spell, and not a very nice one"
[Thu Feb 2 22:03:56 2006] : (7) Eiltranna: common, halfling, dwarven, elven, celestial
[Thu Feb 2 22:04:40 2006] : (5) Belros: "Could they have been sacrificing the miners in order to summon an evil to this world?"
[Thu Feb 2 22:04:43 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: "Ouch"
[Thu Feb 2 22:05:37 2006] : (7) Eiltranna: "Whatever they're doing, let's stop it"
[Thu Feb 2 22:05:54 2006] : (6) Ayhlanne: "Oh, not summoning. Please"
[Thu Feb 2 22:06:03 2006] : (2) Savaric: "yes, but let's prepare first"
[Thu Feb 2 22:06:09 2006] : (2) Savaric: Savaric Casts...: Magic Circle against Evil: 10-ft. radius for 50 minutes
[Thu Feb 2 22:06:17 2006] : (5) Belros: Casts...: Endurance - CON+[4] -> 4 for 10 minutes
[Thu Feb 2 22:06:20 2006] : (5) Belros: on sav
[Thu Feb 2 22:06:25 2006] : (5) Belros: Casts...: Mage Armour (+4 AC 10hrs)
[Thu Feb 2 22:06:28 2006] : (5) Belros: on me
[Thu Feb 2 22:06:57 2006] : (1) DM: ooc Uh. If you're going to buff I'm going to call it a night.
[Thu Feb 2 22:07:01 2006] : (1) DM: GAME END